Speaker 1: Heyus, Jay Cruiz, thanks for listening to the Cruise Show podcast. Make sure you hit those subscribe and notification buttons and watch all of the Cruise Show content on YouTube search Real ninety two three. Sonza's back on the Cruise Show. Yeah, how are you feeling?
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: A lot has happened since you were here last time, right, Yo. Your career just keeps taking off every time we check in with you. You're just in the You're in the stars, doll, You're in space. Man, how's everything? You're feeling good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: I feel safe? You feel happy?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: I feel safe? Most importantly, I feel safe. My family's safe. And yeah, I feel good.
Speaker 3: The best two months of your life?
Speaker 2: Best to none of this was on my Bengo card.
Speaker 1: Right five. Yeah. The thing is that you're creating all of this. You're doing this right, So that's gotta feel like a sense of accomplishment. I guess right. Are you proud of yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Extremely? I think it's also shifted me. I think I've changed. I think that incident has changed me as a person for the better.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely. You can tell your kids one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then that's yeah. Man, when we saw you walking out with Shakira the other day, that was crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. I didn't even tell my parents. I it was like a total surprise. It was the hardest secret I've ever had to keep. But like a friend of a friend was like, it was so casual. She texted me and she's like, you want to walk with Shakira at her concert? And I was like, don't say it like that. I was like, wait what And I was like, yeah, I'll drop anything what day? And yeah, it was unbelievable. Obviously growing up that is like.
Speaker 1: My one of my idol undred percent right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially like hair wise, like there was no there was no real artist that had my hair other than her. So she Yeah, she made me love my curly hair as a kid. But yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Man, it's crazy. So you get to the venue, you show up, they give you your outfit, right yeah yeah yeah, and then what are the instructions?
Speaker 2: So what's funny. What's funny about that is because we were like special special guests, we were not told to be at the rehearsal, right, so everyone else got to rehearse. I was thrown in thirty seconds before, and they just placed me right next to her and said go. And that's why when you watch, when you watched the video, when that bodyguard comes in front of me, I didn't know he was going to be there, like, but he was there because he knew the people in the front weren't at rehearsal. But you could see in the video that we were not prepped for him to stop. Yeah, because I saw some comments on the video that were like, did you know the security there?
Speaker 4: And I was like, no, I came out of nowhere, came out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: To walk with your head up and walk with this like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no instruction, but I did. I did almost start to cry and I had to like I had to like clench my teeth to stop from crying. And I was like lock and lock in, lock in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was a vibe like everybody walking out like this ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really it was really powerful.
Speaker 3: Yeah you have any post post convos with Shakira.
Speaker 2: No, again, everything happened so fast. I did get to speak with her though the week before for five seconds because she had like a launch party for her hair care line, which I have in my hair right.
Speaker 3: Now that's right.
Speaker 2: And so we were there and uh yeah, I talked to her for like two seconds like it's almosts me and my friend Daniella where they were like then she was like, you know, the whole the whole thing. But yeah, she's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Man, congratulations, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a movie.
Speaker 1: Movie Man. Tasty September fifth coming out. Yeah, can we say about Tasty? I know we got it?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 1: Yeah we have yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, engineer, Yeah no, it's it's one of my favorites. It's in Spanglish. It's fun, it's yeah, it's it's playful with the words. I'm obsessed.
Speaker 3: I I did see the i G clip. Yeah it sounds.
Speaker 2: So good somewhat Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Was this a song that you had and you've been sitting on or yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah it Actually I didn't know if this was going to be the next one, but it's just like literally, like two weeks ago, I was like this, let's just put this.
Speaker 1: One out, okay, because I would imagine artists like you you have a power of music. Yeah, so much music you can go through and you can put out whenever you.
Speaker 2: Want to know which one's next already?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say you got them lined up?
Speaker 2: Are we going to see some of that Azan friends? Yes, yes, I will be giving a sneak peek of the album and doing some unreleased stuff.
Speaker 3: Is this a waterfall release toward an album or a project.
Speaker 2: Like Where's My Manager?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, definitely album coming really really released soon yeah, and hopefully a tour.
Speaker 1: We're working to all that, yeah, for sure. Yeah. I'll just say your next one, Nico and Garcia got that too, exactly. Album. Actually, this is a rat.
Speaker 3: It's cold.
Speaker 1: Do you have album titles like that in your head or do you got them written out already?
Speaker 2: I have ideas. When I put on my EP Club Solita, that one was really hard to I've spent months trying to figure out Club Solita, and then when we found it, I was like, oh that's it. But I have some I have some ideas.
Speaker 1: Good good NESSA and friends at the Roxy Theater, West Hollywood. Let's get it hosted by the Cruise Show. So we're hosting host What are our duties? I feel I mean feeling a little pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it's all job, you know, get the crowd high. Yeah, you know, let them know what's about to come. But I'm honestly so excited for you guys to come and be a part of that.
Speaker 1: We're excited for it, man, as in friends. So we got a lot of friends pulling up.
Speaker 2: We do have a lot of friends pulling up, and we actually are announcing today all the special guests.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're doing that through IG Yeah, Okay, that's right, and everyone's excited. Yeah, so excited when you put a show together like this. What goes into putting this show together?
Speaker 2: I mean I I mean we were because again, yes, tour is coming, and so we've been obviously planning that out, but with all this attention on me for this specific thing, I was like, I feel like we need to take advantage of attention being on this and let's sell tickets to a charity show first before we get lost in the world of China, plan a whole tour. And so yeah, all the proceeds are going to Esperanza Immigrant Rights. I met with them the other day and we exchanged some beautiful stories and just super excited that we get to shine light on that as well all the work that they're doing because they man, they have not had a second. I know, stuff is kind of like let up online a little bit with everything, but like not for them at all. How did that relationship for him? We actually were just like reaching out to anyone who'd be comfortable kind of being having this light shined on them and yeah, and they agreed, And I'm so excited that they did because yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Very cool. Yeah. Well, you know, I think when when you want good things to happen for you, you want them to happen for everyone. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, that's I don't know, you lead with heart, Yeah, exactly, you know, and that's the way it gets done, right, I believe you know. So we have friends coming, like you said, that announcement is coming, we got a new song, we're pre previewing new music out there. We're gonna have a lot of fun giveaways out there or is that up to us? That is up to you great tickets, shirts, shirts.
Speaker 2: T shirt T shirts, free T shirts, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, you have a T shirt cannon. Yeah, I don't know, I don't know if that's allowed in the venue, but it is a.
Speaker 1: Roxy little Roxies legendary that's a legendary venue, right, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a dream to headline there. I think the last person I saw there was Kailani, So this will be very very yeah right.
Speaker 1: That's right, and is Nico DJ? And are you Leslie's in the mix will be out there and as in friends, Roxy is going down.
Speaker 2: Going down. It's gonna be like the Latin party of the year. I hear, right, yeah, I hear that's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have merch on sale, we do, and.
Speaker 2: All the proceeds from the merch there, it's don't merch. I'm gonna show you all in a second, all the all the proceeds will also go.
Speaker 3: To Do you feel like you know your do you feel like your music is doing like more than it's opposed to, like in the sense of like you know, like you're literally impacting lives and you're changing lives, especially with like the companies that you're working with. Like, do you feel like your music is just making an impact beyond like I like this song?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I think especially for like Latin American kids who are speaking Spanglish at home or like understand Spanish but don't speak it, they still understand my music and it's it's it's yeah, they they love it because it's both languages, right, and you know, I'm I've always wanted to do Spanish music and I'm a proud Latina now more than ever. Obviously. The community just wow, man, this these couple months have been insane. But yeah, super proud of of everything that's kind of going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Billboard Times Square, Yeah, surprise, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I had no idea. My man sur his birthday, his birthday. Yeah, we had a whole day of stuff and then my manager was like, oh, we have to be here at He was really cryptic. He was like, we have to be here at twelve thirty and I was like okay, And then we pulled up. I thought I was meeting someone I could not tell you. I did not know what was going on. And he's like, okay, I need you to stand right there and I was like what and he's like, you have to stand right there. And then my best friend was also with us, and she was like turn around, and then yeah, crazy there It was.
Speaker 1: What runs through you actually, well, what do you feel when you see something like this? If nothing really runs through your head, because it's just such a moment in the moment.
Speaker 2: I honestly like, nothing has felt real even though it's been now two months, just still nothing feels real. But I just like, I'm just like, Wow, the little girl that was writing in her journal about what life would be would be it is, would lose her mind. Yeah, she loses it.
Speaker 1: She'd lose you still got it. You got to keep that going because she's still in there exactly right, So for her, you got to show her that it's possible.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's gonna make me cry. It's crazy, you know. You know, social media as frivolous as it can get sometimes as it can be. We do live in IG world, right, who's following you on IG now that you're like, yo, okay.
Speaker 2: So funny that you say that, because because my dms are like big Boy just told me. He was like, I DM do you I go huh?
Speaker 1: I never saw, but I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm so sorry. No, it's so funny because I'm still seeing people now that followed me two months ago, like I saw, I just followed Trey songs back, So sorry Trey didn't see it till now. But like I didn't know that Jay Balvin followed me. No, guys. No, guys, that's not And this was a month after, right, my mom calls me and she's like, oh, come, I'm like good and she's like he's this kid Jay Balvin' this sea And I was like huh and I was like no. I was like, no, mom, because what do you know about social media? You give your mom? She was like yeah, yeah, yeah, she.
Speaker 3: She was like.
Speaker 2: I was like no. I was like, oh, maybe she's getting confused, like maybe she saw something, but no. And then I went and and then obviously I messaged him and he messaged back, and again nothing feels real for him to follow me. It is really crazy because obviously that's Colombian fam, you know, and I look up to him so much. But yeah, man, it's it's been.
Speaker 3: It's been crazy Alvin on the album.
Speaker 1: I mean, I hope i'd be crazy.
Speaker 3: That'd be nuts, let's get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like we're speaking of like absolutely nuts. The fact that you were just casually sitting on Jamie Lee Curtis is crazy. Yeah, the freak. Yeah. Disney was like, hey, do you want to come on this trip? And I was like yeah, And you know, they surprised us with the whole cast of the film. But we didn't think we were going to meet Jamie because we met all the other cast members on day one and it was like a tour and at every tour stop was a different cast member. So like they took us to the record store where they filmed in the movie, and like Chad Michael Murray was, oh, my god boyfriend, but that was my that was my childhood crush, and obviously I fan girls. So the second day was just a very chill day. We didn't really have like schedule, and they were like, oh, you're doing a yoga class. So we went to the beach, no makeup, no makeup like in our yoga outfits. And she surprised us there because they we never would have thought we were gonna meet her. But yeah, I've always said that she's my favorite female actress. And I just I couldn't control it. I usually don't, I usually be no, I usually don't fan girl like that, and I just I my body just took over and I just couldn't. I couldn't. I couldn't control And she is the sweetest, oh my god, so sweet, to the point where her team had to be like Jamie, we gotta go. She really wants she really wanted to stay and hang out with us, and she was like, no, give me like twenty more minutes. Yes, and she kept telling her team like no, no, no, like and she stayed with us for so long and just like talk to us and she was yeah, she was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And she also was like she was really nice. And I think as creators we get kind of a bad rep sometimes with like new media and old media. Okay, there's that, like right, And she was like, I just want to let you know, like I I see you and I appreciate even though I don't I don't understand fully what you guys do. I appreciate you and I see you, and I thank you for what you guys are doing for this movie. And that felt really special.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you get a chance to watch the movie for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went to the premiere and I loved it. As a millennial, I loved it because there's so many inside jokes that you wouldn't get unless you were a millennial.
Speaker 1: And like unless you were there, you were there and like some of the some of like the like.
Speaker 2: The surprise cast members too.
Speaker 3: It's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, as an artist, do you think like, man, I want my music and movies to get a.
Speaker 2: Sink like that would be extreme come true, even taste. Any food companies want tasty? Yeah yeah yeah, any.
Speaker 1: Dolly checking man? Well everybody yeah, Robins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody?
Speaker 2: Ice cream activation, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ice cream activation. Let's get that man, Erry, you know where you want to go to. You know who wants it? Give a tool tasty. Let's listen to it right now, let's do this. Can we do this? Yeah, let's get it.
Speaker 5: Tasty. I'm gyr bro all Dona basing.
Speaker 2: Gonna shut them make got the bonney.
Speaker 5: Talking a little bits talking about I'm a lot your tasty tasty, so sweeting, thank you Papa gum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you want to take me to your mama house.
Speaker 5: In my cary, you have a cross chipping off my leca by back back me up like a kick, and I just thinking like a wholes and little look at the ghost soldiers they got my Ristay. Sure I should like the film because you know it's got tasty.
Speaker 2: Go bron Mace say.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, the vibe, there's a vibe. It feels good, right, it feels like it's fun, don't.
Speaker 3: You know. As a producer myself Yeah, the layers to it is just blowing my mind right now, right, let me break it down. It's right, it's West Coast. Yes, it's R and B and the English Spanish combination. I personally don't believe i've heard a song like this.
Speaker 2: Cool, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, like what it's what's so cool about it is that, like the Spanglish is not like, Okay, here's English, here Spanish exactly.
Speaker 2: Then we're coming back to exactly. It's cleverly mixing the two into one sentence, like how I speak, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, this is how we communicate with our family and friends, my parents especially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, that's why with my music, Like it's not like, oh, let's just like insert a Spanish verse and call it a spanglishy song. No, it really is truly best the way to do it. Yeah. Yeah, yet, oh my god, I didn't even think of that kick cat.
Speaker 1: That's that's easy. Come on, guys. Yeah, it's all tasty. Yeah, it's about to be a tasty twenty twenty six as well.
Speaker 2: Hearing up for the new year exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I had a curiosity who produced it.
Speaker 2: His name is sal He's actually here in l A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know we need we need Ana Nico Blitz collapse.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do exactly figure out. Yeah, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: We gotta figure this out. Yeah, Nico has like just some great sound in music. I believe you know what I mean, and I think I mean.
Speaker 2: If you remember my reaction to the mix from the.
Speaker 3: Last time, that was crazy, imagine what I produced. I got to guess myself.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Nico's for sale is for sale.
Speaker 3: No, but seriously tasty? Is it? Sounds amazing?
Speaker 1: So fun?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much?
Speaker 1: Feel good about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel great about It's gonna be som she loves. I played it for her yesterday for the first time. She actually just flew in yesterday because I'm taking.
Speaker 1: Her to on Wednesday. That's right, just for relax.
Speaker 2: No, I'm doing a little works trip. But I'm gonna go see Benito. That's right, little work, a little fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, got good seats where we don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know yet.
Speaker 3: I don't know you.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know yet being invited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, technically I'm.
Speaker 4: I hope imagine you just the next time you see me I'm just in the casita in the back like because I because I snuck my way there right.
Speaker 3: On my eyes.
Speaker 1: It's a very humbling moment. Right, You'll be fine, have a great time. That be crazy in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 2: It's her first time going. She's never been to Puerto Rico. You've been there before this, I have when I was a dancer on tour. We stopped there for sometimes.
Speaker 1: She's gonna have a lot of fun. Yeah, yeah, like the party, does she drink as your mom?
Speaker 2: She drinks something when when it's the vibe for it. But my mom does not need alcohol. Let me tell you that she personality like energy. You would think she was, you know, all the time she does. She really doesn't need it. We always joke that when people always people, it's somebody at the family parties. People always thought that she would like was was drinking something like No, that shows her. That shows her. She's just full of life and energy.
Speaker 1: She's so much fun energy.
Speaker 2: If anything, you know, who's gonna end up at the casita my mom without me. I'm gonna be like, where'd she go? And then I'm just gonna see her like this bad money. She'll find her way there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. I mean my best friends officially my assistant permanently. I can't function without her at this point. And yeah, I just this has been their dream too, Like they've always pictured me where I'm at right now, and so just to like have them with me is great. Yeah. They couldn't be prouder and I'm happy to just like bring them along on everything.
Speaker 1: Did you sing at her wedding?
Speaker 2: I did not sing at her wedding. I don't know why I didn't sing at their wedding, not even nothing. I didn't think at their wedding. But you know what their first dance was was was about shut that song? That's right, Yeah, and I think they I'm pretty sure they walked down the aisle to Mark Anthony Saws.
Speaker 3: The song.
Speaker 1: Nasty is out September fifth. Tasty New Music from NASA and NASA and Friends is happening at the Roxy Theater that's Hollywood, hosted by The Cruise Show. Will be there. It's August twenty ninth. It's going down. It's had some fun. Yeah, yeah, and that's in Friends Tasty Cruise Show Real ninety two to three. Thank you for your time with.
Speaker 2: What's good is glow?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: And you're checking out the cruise show. It's not just the show, it's the whole bab y'all know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Lord yod it is Jackie pull over to see the
Speaker 5: Two to seven on Real ninety two three three three three three three