Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WBS Costin's Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, welcome on back. So last hour we had I thought a really interesting conversation with Boston Globe opinion writer and also a member of the Globe's editorial board, which is a group of very influential people at the Globe who determine the editorial positions at the Globe. And many of the editorial positions are non ideological, by the way, But following on our conversation with Karin Hashar about the successful campaign of this Democratic socialist, Zoran Mandami, and if you're a democratic socialist, you know, please do what you can to support this guy. That's your right, and I commend you on it. I just think that as he becomes a major figure in the Democratic Party at the age of thirty three, there's going to be a lot of people across the country in states that are very uncharacteristically are absolutely totally different from New York, who are going to react with a lot of concern about the direction of the Democratic Party. We had earlier this week Sean O'Brien, president of the Teamster's Union. They chose not to endorse. He represents one point three million union members. And when you take the one point three union members and you amplify that with the spouses, the friends, the family members, the relatives of those union members, you're talking about a significant number of voters. Not to say that they all voted one way or the other, but union leaders are not to be underestimated. So in addition to our conversation with Kareem Heshar of the Boston Globe, there was an article in the Herald today which, as I think most of you know, when I do the program and we put the program together during the day, sometimes we try to mix and match stories that, if not compliment one another, are kind of related to one another. It's almost like matching a wine with a dinner. You know, you go to a restaurant and you ask the waiter, gee, I'm having beef or I'm having fish or chicken or whatever, and they will then say, well, i'd suggest this or suggest that. So piece by Lance Reynolds in the Boston Herald today. Lance is someone who I know is pretty very good writer. So he talked with Massachusetts Congressman Jake Auchincloss. Now, Jake Auchenclaus I think has a future in the Democratic Party here in Massachusetts. He's young, like Seth Moulton, he's a veteran and they're both young, and they both served. And this is at a time when people were not being drafted, didn't have to serve, didn't have to sign up. So Argen Class has laid out some concerns and according to the article, he is tired of having to ask CBS clerks and whether you're talking about Walgreens, CVS, whatever drug store you whatever pharmacy you go to, whatever drug store or convenience store you go to, to unlock products, pointing out how he believes Democrats need to police to improve their policing of quality of life violations to save the party. Now that's interesting theory. What does he mean by that? He's laid out five ways. And by the way, we will have we have a commitment from Congressman Argenclaus's office to have him join us either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday next week and talk about this. We were trying to get him on tonight, but he was committed elsewhere Democratic mayors. This is Jake archinclass talking about Democratic mayors can improve education, affordability and Lauren Order including a suggestion, quoting now from Lance Reynolds piece, that the Democratic Party take a different approach to addressing quote, degradations to public order unquote. He implifies on that drug use, loitering, hanhandling, encampments, think about mass and casts, vandalism, shoplifting, those compound into lawlessness. According to a blog that the congressman put up on his website Tuesday night, quote, there's nothing compassionate or progressive about permitting them unquote. He goes on to day in I think every time a customer has to ask the CVS clerk. There are a lot of cvs is in his district, so it could be any any one of these stores, Walgreens or whatever. To unlock the shampoo. Democrats get less popular. Aarcking class added, policing high public standards can create positive feedback loops for law in order. He was reacting specifically to the mayor o primary that the numbers that started to commit on Tuesday night, this individual, Zorron Mendani, the thirty three year old Democratic Socialist, had declared victory.
Speaker 3: So again, this is this is this is a Massachusetts congressman reacting to the to the election results in New York City Mendami if he defeats incumbent Eric Adams in November, has said hit look to create a network of city run grocery stores.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a swell idea. That's a swell idea. This idea has caught back lists from business owners and customers. This is what Lance Reynolds writes, running big cities. Well, we're now back to Arkan Class is a vital way for Democrats to earn back voters trust after the catastrophic school closures and increase in crime. Violent and property crime are the most important to prevent, the base day congressman said, but degregations to public order also matter. Arcan Class sparked criticism earlier this year when he actually had the audacity to vote for the Lake and Riley Act, The bill, named after the twenty two year old Georgia nursing student murdered by an illegal immigrant, change federal law to require ICE to detain and deport I legal immigrants who commit burglary, theft, larcening, and shoplifting. Arkan Class set in a statement at the time that the bill undermines the constitution without improving out a security. Shoplifting remains prevalent in Massachusetts. I'm confused by that statement that Reynolds has attributed to auchen Class here that we'll ask auchen Class about that Hayden's approach. Then he talks about Kevin Hayden, the district attorney in Souffolk County, who I don't think is that a great job, by the way, but that's well, we'll talk about that. He's probably an improvement over Rachel Rollins. So the point is this, have you recently gone into a store and wanted and I have and wanted to buy a product and you realize that the product, and in some cases there's like a couple of tubes of toothpaste maybe worth fifteen bucks, is under lock and key. Now, maybe not where you live, but maybe where poor people live, because I think that there's more of this petty theft of vandalism, which puts mom and pop stars out of business, by the way, in communities.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it's primarily in democratic cities. And these are the issues that the Democrats have not paid attention to. And I think that Jake Arkinclaus Congressman Arking Class is calling their attention to these these situations because these are quality of life issues that affect people. Look, there's a lot of quality of life issues dealing with the price of gasoline, which is still down, grocery store items which not as bad as maybe most people thought. Are there some items that have gone up? Yeah, but the items that have gone up to the items that I walk by. I don't need to buy these expensive cookies anymore. I can stick with my oreos. Okay, you want to charge me eight dollars for a box of cookies or a bag of cookies, not me, not me. So I'd love to know what your experience. Do you agree with Congress Bannakin class I do, And as a matter of fact, I have more respect for him because he is taking a position within his party that is going to be criticized by some in his party. He is basically putting a stake in the ground and saying, hey, we're going in the wrong direction. We're sliding off to the extreme left, and we are not expressing and showing sufficient concern for the vast majority of people who just are simply looking to live their lives, go to work, pay their taxes, raise their kids, and maybe get a couple of weeks vacation in the summertime, and that is what the Democrats, in my opinion, have forgotten about. And that's why Donald Trump, who I have plenty of criticism with in terms of stylistically and in some cases the way he's handled issues. Although some of his issues, I think he's done a good job. And I will give him credit when he's right, and I'll criticize him when he's wrong, just as I will criticize Democrats, and when they're right. As Jake Auchenclaus is right, I will say good for you, Jake Auchenclaus, because you're bringing your party back to where most Americans, where most Democrats really want to be. And also, by the way, forget the Democrats and the Republicans. Races in America now are determined by people who have no affiliation with either party. They are the independents, the unenrolled. I'm unenrolled in Massachusetts with the equivalent of being independent. The vast majority of voters in Massachusetts are neither Democrat nor Republican. I think the Republicans have about eleven percent, the Democrats have about thirty percent. The vast majority in Massachusetts are unenrolled. But as an unenrolled voter When I hear someone like Jake Auchincloss make these comments or Seth Molten makes these comments, I will say, hey, there's still hope for the Democratic Party. There's still hope for a two party system in America, which we need, just like we need a two party system in Massachusetts. These are familiar themes to Nightside. Whether you agree to disagree, bring it on six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six, one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty will be back on Nightside right after a brief commercial break.
Speaker 1: If you're on Nightside with Dan Ray on w b Z, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So comments that Democratic Congressman Jake uchenclass made about quality of life issues, and I think he is spot on whether you are a Democrat, Republican, or an independent. I'd love to hear your reaction to his observations, because I do think that it's the little things in life. If you read again the article today by Kareein Hajar in The Boston Globe, she talked about riding the subways in New York City and having been exposed literally to virtually everything you could imagine. I mean, it's it's quality of life issues, quality of life issues that if people, if the Democrats can't run big cities effectively and allow people to feel safe, and and and and there will be stores. And this is what aucken class is talking about. I joined the conversation. I got some wide open lines here. I think he's hit upon a nerve. And if you've ever been in this situation where you go into a store and you have to find something that's under lock and key, and I have done that at a Target store, I can remember, and I think it was I forget it was some small item I was looking for for some reason, uh maybe because it was small and people were walking out the door with it. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. At eleven o'clock, we're going to change topics and we're going to talk about the Pentagon News conference today with General Dan Kane, which I think has left uh pretty strong impressions. Bill is in Pennsylvania. Bill, welcome next on Nightsacer right ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dan, I've seen I didn't know Jake Arkincloss. Is he Massachusetts government?
Speaker 6: I mean congressman, Yeah, from he's actually from what we call the fourth Congressional district, which is uh A, Newton in Brookline, which are two of the more affluent suburbs of Boston, and runs down to the uh to the southeast corner of the state.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, I know, I know the other seth Moulton.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: I think both of them are Marines, right.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, Milton is up in the northeast corner of the state, up bordering New Hampshire in the up you know the state Salem, New Salem, Massachusetts and cities.
Speaker 5: Well I I yeah, I've seen them both on TV.
Speaker 7: Dan.
Speaker 5: I honor them for their for their uh military uh uh stay in the military. But I can tell you, uh, these two gentlemen right here, Okay. One thing I hope that when you have them on, if you ask him, can you give me can you show me one time okay, when when Biden had his open border policy, the Democrats had their open border policy. Jake, show me one time, okay, one tweet anything that that you said, we have an open border, okay, and we need to take care of the open border because this this stuff about Now where I live, I don't have to worry about, you know, stuff being locked up, Dan, But if I go down to Harrisburg into Harrisburg Central. Okay, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania be in our capital over here if I go into if I go in there and uh, and then then that's the case in certain parts of it of Harrisburg.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let me ask you that. Let me ask you here's a question. Okay, who I don't know who the mayor of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania is. I suspect you probably do. Is that mayor a Democrat or a Republican?
Speaker 5: It's been Democrats forever, Dan, It's a sanctuary. It's one of Pennsylvania sanctuary city.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: See, there's a commonality here. And by the way, my attitude is when someone agrees with you on an issue, it's better to create that relationship as opposed to immediately saying, well we might agree on that, but there was another couple of issues you didn't do enough on. I just think that it's always smarter to it's always smarted to try to build alliances than to blow up bridges.
Speaker 5: I agree with I agree with that. But this open border policy for for four years under Biden, Dan, that that was one of the big, big, big problems.
Speaker 2: And but they need to be asked, you have listened to my show a lot. How much did I? I used to go after President Biden on open borders. Uh and and Mariorcas, who was a total disgrace. I don't know if Mariorcas was running the government on that policy or if he thought that's what Joe Biden wanted. I don't think Joe Biden if he was really compassment this for the entire four years with a lot of that's happened, that's led that led directly to Donald Trump's election. I mean, that was the greatest gift the Democrats ever could have given to Donald Trump. It wasn't a gift that it gave to to America, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and and the impeachments and also the indictments. But listen, I totally agree with you. Okay, Well, I listen to your show almost every night. But you know you've gone after, You've gone after these people. But these young these young congressmen need to ask me, asked these questions, and I would ask one other question. I would ask these both of them. Okay, well you endorse Adams, Okay, ask him.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I think that's now that is a very legitimate question. That is a very legitimate question, and it's it's a relevant question because I believe that auchen Class, as this article suggests, posted on his website Tuesday night, and I think that he that that is what caused him to post that, and I will ask him that we expect to talk with Congressman Auchen Class. I believe e the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, Okay.
Speaker 5: Yes, and and and I remember a few months ago Dan Seth Moulten okay, came out and said how bad, uh, you know, how bad mentally Joe Biden was. But it was it was after Joe Biden dropped out that Seth Maulten said that you can go back and look at that.
Speaker 2: And I agree, But here's the deal. What wait second, hold on for a second. If you're trying to build a bridge to someone, Look, there were Republicans who stuck loyally to President Reagan. Now I never felt that that Reagan was anywhere near nearly as diminished as Biden was in his second term, but they were a lot of Democrats who were saying, well, you know, Reagan's going to sleep and Reagan's doing this, and Reagan I thought Reagan had two really good terms as president. I think Joe Biden had a disastrous term and there was only his first term, which is why he didn't get a second term.
Speaker 5: Well, Igan, Reagan didn't have an open border policy and then left it didn't.
Speaker 2: No, Bill, Bill, you're missing my point. What I'm saying is many of the same Democrats who were questioning Ronald Reagan's capacity, his intellectual capacity. He was seventy years old when he finished as president. Okay, he was. He was a young man compared to what Joe Biden and Donald Trump are. Donald Trump is at the top of his game intellectually. You might disagree with everything the guy says, but he goes out in handles press conferences. Joe Biden couldn't do that. Joe Biden was was past his prime, past his prime. But I will deal with that. We will die. We will deal with that next week. Again, don't get lost in your loyalty to the Republicans or the Trump because I've got to keep them all. Honest, Bill, That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I agree, I agree with you, and I would ask I would ask both of these gentlemen, Okay, are you gonna are you gonna get out of the Democrat Party because the Democrats Party is going that.
Speaker 2: That's a bridge builder, right there. Sure, you're a United States congress from Democratic Party. That's one. That's a question that that if I'm a Democrat, I can't absolutely I'm gonna join. I'm gonna join I don't know, but I'm gonna join something else. I'm gonna throw away my eight years and ten years Bill, Bill, you you're making my job. First of all, I can't believe you're asking me those questions because all you're doing is you're It's it's like when someone has said to you. Have you ever had like a name who's come over to you and said, hey, Bill, you know, I might have been a little out of line when I made that comment to you the other night. Normally, you know, if we were talking about the pirates or something, you know whatever, Uh, what do you say? I mean at that point? Generally, if you're a gentleman, you're gonna say, hey, no big deal, you know whatever, Or you could say, well, you know, there's a few other things I want to throw in your face too. Come on, Bill, you're better than that, all right. I gotta go.
Speaker 5: No I'm not like that, but listen, I did well.
Speaker 2: Maybe not in your personal life, but tonight just sound like I want to go in for the gill. I want to.
Speaker 5: I want to the politicians. The politicians get to.
Speaker 2: Me, Dan, but obviously got a life, Get a life. Keep calling this show, but get a life. Okay. The only line is six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. We're coming back right after this.
Speaker 1: If you're on Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, just a quick follow up to Bill's stupid question. And it was a stupid question. There are people of every category who are racist, okay, but hopefully as time goes by, fewer and fewer, the vast majority of people are not racists. And do I have a couple of callers who I feel happy to be black and a racist? Yeah, okay, but I got white callers who are how I have my suspicions about. But the vast majority of people of all backgrounds, of all colors have come to understand that racism is a sin. Okay, It's America's original sin. Okay. And people need to understand you don't judge people by the color of their skin. You judge them, as Martin Luther King said, by the content of their character. And Bill, I don't know where that question came from, but I think it was insulting. It was beneath me, and very disappointed that you would even ask me the question, because it makes me think that maybe maybe you had some sort of an ulterior motive. And I'm very disappointed in the quality of that call. I tried to explain to you rationally, Bill, but you were irrational tonight, and I'm tired of irrationality amongst my callers. Nick is in Winchester, Nick, welcome you. And next on Nightside, Hey, Dan, how are you, buddy? Well, I hope you're going to be a better caller than Bill. Was a better point. Go right ahead.
Speaker 7: No, absolutely, I'm full fledged independent, but I concur with you and the democratic gentleman from New York. I can't agree enough. I mean, especially today with everything going on, you know, we need a little bit more stability in the more we get, the I think the better off people are going to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well again, I was pleased when I read this article this morning, and the Hero by Lance Reynolds has comments that Jake Cochinhaus, a Democratic congressman here from Massachusetts made I just think that both parties, the Democrats and the Republicans, better beware of the extremists in their and the wings of their party because those extremists are alienating independent voters like you and me. Exactly, And that's that's the premise of my argument here. And uh, you know, when you have somebody who's going to become maybe mayor of New York City, Uh, and you realize that, uh, he has made comments about infatada, the infitata should be global. That's frightening. Yeah. And again, a lot of these students for justice in Palestine. I want justice for everyone, but exactly, you know the same people who are who are yelling, you know, from the from the river to the sea. I know what that means. I'm not stupid. I know exactly what that means. Yeah, and that means obliterate and get rid of Israel. And yeah, you know, if you don't learn from her history, you're doing to repeat it. So have you had talk let's lighten it up a little bit. Have you had the experience of walking into a you know, a store and wanting to buy, purchase a product and realize the product is locked up and you have to get an open the product.
Speaker 4: Several times, Walmart target CBS a lot of them.
Speaker 2: And I understand that I do.
Speaker 4: This haidening because I don't know if it's because of location or it's just it's fair.
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Well, I assume that most of these stores have suffered some you know, some loss to to people who feel they can go in and do a five finger discount and put something in their pocket. But and I also know that a lot of the lawyers have told stores that they should instruct the employees that even if they see someone stealing something, you know, let them go, and because they're concerned about liability issues. But I have a friend of mine who has a liquor store in you know, in West roxby a package store, and he's had kids coming in there and just grabbing anything they can grab. And you can't. You can't run a business like that. The margin on any business is not great. And if you're running a madego in a in a poorer community, which makes products available to people who might not have cars and don't want to travel on the tee, you're providing a service to that community. You should be celebrated in that community for providing that service, not not become the victim of crimes. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's sad. I see it all the time. I saw her two weeks ago at Walmont, I caught two kids. No, no, no, it's okay, yep, I saw I see it at market basket. The gentleman just just this past weekend loaded up as backpack would meet. So I'm went up front pill the manager. Yeah, but we really we didn't see him. I'm like, okay, buddy, Yeah, that goes on like that. You know, you lose two, three, four, five whatever, it is, one hundred dollars a day. By the end of the week, they're gonna fail, you know that four or five hundreds now three thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well what the lawyers have told them, okay, and I'm a lawyer. The lawyers have said, look, you're greater concerned his liability. So if you went up to that guy and said, hey, could you open up your.
Speaker 4: Backpack, it turns into a safety issue.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a safety issue. But then also the guy that why I just happen to commit there and I have a backpack, and now what are you accusing me of? And at that point, he's going to get a lawyer. They're going to find a lawsuit against market Basket, and the market Basket is going to say, look, you know, let's pay them a hundred thousand dollars and get rid of this case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we don't want to. We don't want them back on both fity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. And what happens is we all pay for it because whatever the pilfordge loss is on any of these stores, it's all going to get passed on to us. Ye, Nick, thank you for restoring my faith in my callers.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm back. I've had a little sabbatical, but I'm back and I'm always grateful to hear your voice.
Speaker 2: Write back at you look forward to your next call. Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, good night. I got to keep rolling here. Okay, not going to tie people. I'm going to go to Jeff and Abington. Jeff, You're next time. That side.
Speaker 8: Well, No, I don't think there was a stupid question at all.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought it was a really stupid question.
Speaker 8: I upset about it.
Speaker 2: Well, why do you think it wasn't a stupid question?
Speaker 8: Tell me, because you try to play the try to take a strong stand on a fence all the time. You when you you always have to play it both ways?
Speaker 2: How am I playing it both ways?
Speaker 8: Well, every time you will say, well, I agree that both saw. I have to have to get them people in all.
Speaker 2: Well, let's let me tell you what I said. In case you misunderstood what I said.
Speaker 8: What I said was Democrats are evil people.
Speaker 2: The evil that's what you think. Huh, that's what you think.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, well, I don't know how you determine that. But congratulations, you're you're a right wing wack a doodle. So rob, get the bent, get get the plank you like to swim, Have a good night. The Democrats are evil people? What do you kid me? You don't what gives you the right to make that comment? The Democrats are evil people? Six one thirty six one seven. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling here. I'm gonna go next to Ira in Brookline. Irah, welcome you next time. Thank you, thank you for calling in. Go ahead, Ira.
Speaker 9: Yes, a couple of things. I agree very much with a lot of things you were saying. And I've also had some of the experiences you mentioned really For example, there's a CBS which is on the bookline Alston Border. I would hardly call that a bad neighborhood. And yet the Clareton is locked up?
Speaker 2: Is that is that on what Washington Street?
Speaker 9: Not on Harvard Street, North Harvard?
Speaker 2: Okay, I know where that is now? Yeah, okay, know where it is?
Speaker 9: Yeah, and Clarton's locked up over there or restaurant depot. Restaurant depot has the pure of an extract locked up.
Speaker 2: Huh. I'm not familiar with restaurant depot, but yeah, I think that Clarenon is something that some people I believe you have to almost at this point. There's some of those anti histaments that people have used. They buy them in quantity and they somehow get high or something like that. So that might be a different a reason, to be honest with you, maybe someone better than me on this, but I know that a couple of times stuff that used to be over the counter, you could buy it, take it off the shelf. I think you have to show identification so that you can you can buy it, but they want to make sure you're not buying five or six packages within a period of a day or so if.
Speaker 9: I didn't have to, I wasn't as identification.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well could be wrong in that, but I do know that someone out there will know someone of who has a pharmalogical background or know it better than me. But there was one of those products that they were like separating. They were opening the capsules and they were then they were crushing it was it was a druggie. It's a druggy issue. But when the stuff like toothpaste or shampoo, you know, a couple they why is that stuff locked up fifteen bucks?
Speaker 9: Is you're right the five million discount? But you were also talking about Jake Augenklous, who is of course my congressman, being a bookline. Sure, for the most part, I would say ogen class has been pretty good. I have to say for the most part, because even though you say better, we should focus on the good and not play gotcha on the ones that they that we disagree on. At the same time, I don't want to give anybody a free pass when they've done something that we don't agree with.
Speaker 2: I agree with you on that. I agree on that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Now, I remember a couple of years back, you remember that famous January sixth Select Committee in Congress. Sure, and Nancy Pelosi kicked off a few of the people who the Republicans want to put on that committy. So the Republicans played tick for tat and they kicked off somebody, a Democrat from the House Foreign Relations Committee. Now it wasn't only a matter of revenge or payback. This particular person was Washib Talib, who has made very anti American comments and of course course poems is real too. And there was a vote as to whether or not she should stay in the committee. It happened to Republicans were in the majority, so they got their way, but the Democrats, every one of them, voted to keep her on. And with all due respect to Congress and Roman class, if he really wants to be independent of the party line, that's a particular issue I think he should have been.
Speaker 2: Was he on that committee?
Speaker 9: No? But the point is this was no.
Speaker 2: I said no. What I'm saying is he could he? You know again, I guess what I was trying to say to Bill in Pennsylvania. It was if someone who you disagree with politically, it takes a position that that that you now agree with, it's better to try to build an alliance in a bridge, as opposed to saying, okay, well you agree with me on that, but how come Europe you don't agree with me on that. It's sometimes if you can, it's it's better to have you know someone even you build a bridge on a friendship on a friendship. I mean, if I'm a United States congressman and I take one hundred votes a year or whatever, and you and I agree on ninety eight percent of the votes, and there's two that we disagree on, well, that's a pretty good percentage. I mean someone was quoted as saying, and I think that I forget who it was, that that if on twelve out of twelve votes, if on nine out of twelve votes you agree with someone, support them, But if it's twelve out of twelve votes, see a psychiatrist. I mean, you know, that's that's a pretty good line, I think. And the idea is that, you know, it's in countries around the world that we don't particularly like where everybody has to agree. You look at Israel, for example, there's a country that is under is under siege. It's been under siege for seventy seven years since it was founded in mayor forty eight, and yet you have a very strong parliamentary system there with you have you know, Labor and La Coute and all of these other minority parties, and they have to put together a coalition government. Yeah, it's you gotta I mean, you got it. At some point realized everyone's not going to agree with you on everything. And I don't expect that here on nightside either. But I get frustrated by some of the callers who can't stay focused on what we're talking about.
Speaker 9: Well, I can I understand your point. I could appreciate it, but again, which items you disagree on A quality one, especially there where the respect Congressman oakin class has a very large Jewish constituency. I happen to be Jewish, by the way, that has very large Jewish constituency, and that to leave is just a red flag. That's an issue that sticking the call.
Speaker 2: No, I hear you, No, I do I understand the point. If he was on the committee and chose and voted to keep her on the committee, he's more open to criticism. I think the fact that he's just a member of Congress and not in that committee, he can be asked about it. And I don't know what he would have said at the time. I have no idea, but I'm not going to necessarily bring that up with him. And we talked to him next next week. Yeah, at that point, it's like if we invite him to come on and talk about subject why and then all of a sudden, where as you know, Bill wanted me to ask him about so many other subjects. Anyway, you're a rational guy. You got to call my show more often. Okay.
Speaker 9: I have called a couple of times. If you have another minute or two, I'm sorry that I missed. I tried calling. I just missed when you had that Boss Globe columbistone because I checked just about all the boxes that you were talking about. I was born in Brooklyn, I lived there as a young man. I am Jewish. I'm also the former a former political editor of the Brooklyn Daily Bolton and my sons live in the heart of the Jewish community in Bumba Park.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, we'll have her. We'll have her on again, and I please be you know, we we had lines available, so there's no reason if the lines were packed. From the moment she got on, I'd say, gee, you know what time are you trying to call?
Speaker 9: I would ask I called late because I was in the car.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, but but here's the thing. Call early. I got to get one more call in here.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, Rank here.
Speaker 2: Thank you, I thank you much appreciate it. Mike, we're tied on time. I'll give you about a minute.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, yeah quickly.
Speaker 10: I know. Yeah, a rough night tonight, and listen to it. Anyway, the locking up stuff like that, I think it's still the Castle's vale system. Dan delimited, the people that cl ims go quickly slap on the wrists, not prosecuting on I know in New York there's a nine hundred and nine hundred dollars lending with all that they well.
Speaker 2: They've raised, they've raised, Yeah, they've raised the limits here. That's a good point you've made here in Boston. Remember when Rachel Rawlins came into office, she said that they were not going to prosecute theft of whatever the figure was, eight hundred dollars or something. You can steal a lot of a lot of candy bars, and you can steal a lot of uh packages of toothpaste, toobs of toothpaste, and shampoo before you get to eight hundred dollars. And if if they're not going to prosecute it, then what are the store rods supposed to do. It's a dilemma, Mike, great point. Thanks, I'm glad you get out. Here comes the eleven, we'll be back. We're going to talk about the news conference today that was conducted by the Chairman of the Joint chiefs of Staff, General Dan Kane. Interesting. I hope you'll stick with us.