Speaker 1: Yeah, RiPP.
Speaker 2: You need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running. Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix.
Speaker 5: Is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino page.
Speaker 1: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. For those streaming this show, you'll see I have a studio full here. I got to Bob Logan from plumb Line service. Is Deputy D's over on the side. Who's in the studio, Kachina. We alcome both Deputy Doc Repty Doc and Deputy Boat. I had to mention them. It's not like I don't want you guys here. You're welcome to come here. By the way, when when we don't have a crowded room, we've got plenty of chairs and and this is the place where this it's not the Nerve Center like you guys are with. You know, I would say, Kelly's the nerve is Center. Nerve Center, I mean, and then you guys and then me, So welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Look at you for four hours.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true. Remember during COVID Doc you came over here almost of the time oh man, it was God.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: That's how all this started with the remote broadcast people. We started in the dining room and then formalized it, and then when the main part was over a lot of people didn't want to go back to normalcy. Three O three seven to one to three talk is our number, And of course we have the number three oh three Martino three O three six two seven, eight four sixty six, and that number works literally twenty four to seven all every day.
Speaker 8: You call right now, it works.
Speaker 1: It comes right to the show, so you can simply call that number. It's on the screen right there if you're watching, and if you're not, don't worry about it. You can always go back when you're listening on radio and then go back to your favorite calls. And we're also starting a new feature soon that we'll use zoom. I experimented after the show on Friday with a private live session, and I didn't have the volume up on this zoom, but I did realize I can take live zoom calls, so people will be able to show me trouble. So if they say, look at my car, this is what happened after I had a detailed or look at this job here that the plumber did or an electrician did or whatever. Three three seven to one to three talk as I said, three three seven one three two five five. There's a lot in the news today and Bob Logan is with us, and it's what we call the shoulder season. Bob okay explain the shoulder season for me, sir.
Speaker 9: The shoulder season is simply the time in between the heating season the cooling system season. So you know June, July, even August is our cooling season with air conditioning, and then we go into the shoulder season, and then once it gets cold, the snow starts falling, we enter the heating season, and then of course you have the same thing in the spring, maybe April and May.
Speaker 1: Wrong. It absolutely positively happens every single time that it slows down down. People could get everything done now, probably at better prices.
Speaker 8: And as soon as the cold hits, what happens.
Speaker 9: Our phones explode waiting list and that's every company in the start be the same.
Speaker 1: But you know this is not just for that, it's for everything.
Speaker 6: It's for every cars.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 9: People don't tend to be proactive, the wait for things to break, And you're absolutely right, if you called today with anything you think you might need, you're going to get a faster response. You're going to get better prices once once the cold comes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's going to always be better.
Speaker 1: Right now. Another thing I want to mention everyone's talking about. We can't ignore everyone's talking about the election. Okay, the election, the election, election, election, Okay.
Speaker 6: When is that is that coming up?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Actually I just got my absentee ballot and people were having a discussion whether they should use the post office or drop off points. And I think that's worth a discussion, and I believe and the reason I'm mentioning this is it truly is a discussion that we have to have. And let me just turn down. I think I have the volume. I got to turn down my Okay, there it goes. I had my YouTube sound up. Anyway, it's really important to discuss this when it comes to dropping off or mail. I believe they're both secure, but there are really strong schools of thought on the mail being delayed or being intercepted. In all the conspiracy crap and all of that, I don't look at it. I don't know which one is better, but I do know you can't wait when it comes to the mail, because the mail will take longer than if you go to a drop off point. But do you know that we are moving into a time when the majority of people, the majority will be voting by mail.
Speaker 6: Do you vote the price?
Speaker 1: Do you vote by mail? I do yes now according to and by the way, you can text me as well. Let me let me give that number out because that's really important. You can text me at the short code. I call it the short code. That's what it is. It's iHeart short code and that is five seven seven three nine five seven seven three nine. And then you can also go and text me on my private Google phone seven four seven nine nine nine fifty twot eighty and I do have some of those already. Now. One of these texts today is regarding the call we had on the yacht club. Are you taking that d were you handling that?
Speaker 6: You assigned it to me?
Speaker 10: And there's been there have been no developments because the vice president of that Ishowa still hasn't forwarded any documentation to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me explain what it was. The yacht club Hoa. They had a big hailstorm with a lot of damages and they sued their insurance company. Why I don't know they had to why they sued their insurance I don't know.
Speaker 6: I read their complaint.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 10: The insurance company offered them just a tiny portion of what the yacht club thought that was going to take to repair their property. And later, you know, after many many filings, this was in federal court, and after many many filings, that suit was settled. But the terms of the settlement weren't available to me, Pacer, I believe that they were just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never find But no one is disputing on either side that eight point four million dollars was awarded.
Speaker 10: Well, there is no evidence of that other than an allegation by the lady who initially.
Speaker 1: Told us no. But even the guy on the board said that he said there was eight point four million.
Speaker 10: He doesn't know. He hasn't been able to find out what the amount of that settlement it was.
Speaker 1: Did eight four million come up?
Speaker 6: You didn't find that? I did?
Speaker 10: I did so, he told me so. The h UAVP told me that he found evidence of either three or four ach transfers to Blue Spruce and that total that totaled he said, either six or eight million dollars I heard both numbers.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what's going around the yacht club and why people called me and several people text me. This is like more than just one person who who I know, we we thought was kind of a nut, the woman.
Speaker 8: But here's the bottom line.
Speaker 1: It appears that eight point four million dollars was awarded to the HOA and they spent it with some rinky dink little contractor, and there's some accusations that that contractor rewarded the guy who was in charge on the board.
Speaker 6: That's the ado.
Speaker 1: That's the bottom line. Now do we know that to be true, No, we don't, but I will tell you that there are a lot of people looking at this right now and we're trying to make some headway.
Speaker 8: And by we had an attorney on for.
Speaker 6: Them, yes, their attorney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she was very credible, And what she said was she advises them. She doesn't have firsthand knowledge of the of the financing, correct, but she advises them and from what she can see, there was no ill gotten gain.
Speaker 8: And that's what she said. She from her perspective.
Speaker 10: She made that statement, but she never said that she examined their financial defence.
Speaker 1: No, she admitted she see, she doesn't know what happened after factments are made and she and she said that.
Speaker 8: The homeowners are entitled to the.
Speaker 1: Financial details, yet they haven't gotten them and they've requested him as she has said to so that. But by the way, I want to make this clear, I like the attorney. I don't think she was lying. I don't think she was she was covering anything up. The attorneys seemed very straightforward to me, and I don't think she would.
Speaker 8: I don't think she would would, you know, ruin her entire life and career over this.
Speaker 1: But anyway, this yacht club is in Westminster, one hundred and sixty one units.
Speaker 8: The hailstorm was in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: The allegation is that after get winning eight point four, one of the one of the HOA board members who's no longer there and actually moved away and supposedly bought a big, giant mansion house.
Speaker 6: That's what she said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, supposedly he got rewarded from this this blue spruce Roofing and Exteriors DBA Global Roofing. Now everyone admits work has been done, the roof, the gutter, the walls, the siding, but it supposedly was done poorly, and what we wanted is to get an inspector out there and start putting some teeth in this because other than that, it turns out to be just a bunch of rumors.
Speaker 8: Maybe, But anyway, the.
Speaker 1: The attorney Molly Foley Healy for the HA says that all she has, all they have to do is put in a request referencing H Bill twelve Dash twelve thirty seven and they're entitled. And this is for anyone who is a member of an HA, and you are entitled under section three seventeen of that law. And if you didn't get all this, just go back to the recording on YouTube and go about seventeen minutes into the show. You are entitled to a detail accounting. So you've talked to a lot of parties. What is your gut feeling, d what is your gut feeling on this? Because I always ask Bo and Doc and all of those their gut feelings when they talk to people.
Speaker 8: What's your gut feeling?
Speaker 10: Well, you know, in my experience, where there's smoke, there may be fire, and in this case, there's been some smoke and I'm not prepared to believe either side until I see some paperwork from from the HOAVP who's been trying to get these financial records. So he and I discussed this after their lawyer called in and I advised him to and he agreed to start that request process all over good.
Speaker 1: Do it and do it. And I in that attorney.
Speaker 10: Oh yes, we discussed that he's going to submit that to both the management company and that particular attorney at the same time, because.
Speaker 1: I think she'll she will coax them to do the right thing.
Speaker 6: I hope so, I think so.
Speaker 1: By the way, water pros net is doing a whole house system for softening and a triple filter reverse osmosis system for drinking water, both combined Holiday Special thirty one ninety five. That's an incredible deal, folks. Three oh three eight six y two five five five four And that's waterpros dot net.
Speaker 8: We got more coming up.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five, A happy Monday to you.
Speaker 8: We are kicking off the week.
Speaker 1: With a lot of follow ups and discussions about the coming winter and your HVAC system and anything else near and dear to your heart and pocketbook. Someone wants so, someone says here, because we gave that update on the yacht club, and here's the text that that originally SPA sparked that conversation.
Speaker 8: Their attorney, who is on the air.
Speaker 1: It's easy for her to claim plausible deniability about any importance in impropriety because the invoices she claims were submitted and paid could be easily doctored. Okay, she wouldn't know that, right, She's just looking at what happened. She doesn't know what happened after the payment was made to the contractor, Okay, that that contractor could have written checks back.
Speaker 8: Who knows who I mean?
Speaker 1: No one will know unless you go get a court order and then you know, hope that they're honest in discovery.
Speaker 8: Any without an audit and.
Speaker 1: A professional that has experienced with this type of construction and what it costs and could go on site to verify whether they were built correctly and actually completed. Everything could easily look legitimate doesn't mean it is. Okay. I'm listening to the show about buying a new car and you're paying eight percent sales tax plus five percent vehicle ownership tax.
Speaker 8: Getting a rebuild.
Speaker 1: Seems like it could make a lot of sense in a lot of cases.
Speaker 8: Can you go through through that again?
Speaker 1: We had a very a very unusual discussion on Car Day on Friday, And here's why it's unusual. And by the way you come across this, I know you do with furnaces and stuff. I know you do. But I used to say, look, before you spend so much money on an old car, consider taking especially if you're gonna.
Speaker 8: Put cash down. Some people finance it.
Speaker 1: But if you have enough cash to put down on a big repair like an engine, a transmission, a transfer case, bodywork, consider doing a new car. Put money down on a new car that has like these new ten year, one hundred thousand mile warranties, and you'll be money ahead. And I gave a scenario where you can buy a car and have a small down payment when financing was more realistic. Now it's a little higher. But one woman called the show about a year ago, maybe a year and a half ago, and it might have been long, but anyway, she had a daughter wanted to buy a plunker. She wanted to buy a.
Speaker 8: Clunker cash for four or five grand.
Speaker 1: To get one of that price, you have to have a one hundred thousand or more, maybe one hundred and fifty thousand miles.
Speaker 8: And I said, no.
Speaker 1: Matter what, you're going to have this come up, this come up, and this come up. No matter what, you will eventually have a transmission. You'll have a clutch, you'll have something. And we went over it with our experts, and I said, that will cost you, even though it doesn't cost you today, when you put that four or five grand down, it will cost you.
Speaker 8: So parents, listen to this.
Speaker 1: You put four or five grand down, if you have literally four or five grand in the next three to five years, you could have that much money. Okay, Now you're looking at ten Okay, you could look at more, but even at ten or fifteen or twelve, if you advertize that, you're paying sometimes more than.
Speaker 8: You would for a used car.
Speaker 1: If you think about what you won't have to do to a new car, right, I mean more than a new climate. So here's what I mean. So if you put a big chunk down on a new car, your payments could be low, or at the time they could have been pretty low. And that money you pay per month is for a new car. It's under warranty for one hundred thousand miles or ten years. I mean, it's an amazing warranty. So you will be money ahead. Because once you buy that used car and you put all that money into it, it's still a used car. Right, most of the time you have to buy a car that has too many miles. Now, that's for buying a used car. I still stick by that for buying a used car. But what if you have a car that you've kept and it's worn out. That's a whole different story. If you have a car that you bought that is wearing out, and you've kept this car the way you should, meaning the interior's good, the body's good. You're not talking about frame damage, none of that, no big hail damage. You're talking about just a car wearing out. Would it be worth keeping this car and putting in an engine eventually, a rebuilt you know, like a remanufacturer, not a used engine, but another engine eventually, and then a transmission eventually, and even a transfer case. Now some cars don't have the transfers but separate, but let's just say they do. You could be looking at a total investment of fifteen grand into this car. Now you're thinking, wait a minute, this is a used car and I put one hundred and twenty five. I'm talking about not a car, not going out and buying one. But you've had this car, and now in the next three to five years, maybe six years, you could be looking at an investment of fifteen grand.
Speaker 8: Is it worth it?
Speaker 1: Well, we came up with a kind of an informal formula. If the total investment in that car is fifty percent or less of a new car, you should do it. Let me explain that total. What does total investment in the car mean? What does it mean if you have to put fifteen grand in in the next three to six years, that's fifteen grand you'll have invested. But there's something else, the residual value of the used car. So if you can sell that use car now and not do those repairs and you get five or six grand, and then you put another fifteen in your total investment into that car, really is really net twenty one twenty two grand. Now, let's say it's twenty two thousand dollars in the next three to six years. So if you have a twenty two thousand dollars investment here, but you've kept this car, and you know the car, and it's not ratted out, and that car I'm not talking about body, frame or paint never works.
Speaker 8: I'm talking about mechanical.
Speaker 1: So now you've kept this car and in the sixth year you have twenty two invested in it, what do you think a similar car like that would sell for If it's forty five thousand or more, Your money ahead. Your money ahead, because that car, for all intents and purposes, have been has been zero timed. It has become almost like a new car. You can probably keep it for an extended period of time like a new car. But if you can buy that car for thirty two thousand and you're putting twenty two into it. It's probably not worth it, but it depends on your circumstances. So I think that it all comes down to something.
Speaker 8: That never lies to us.
Speaker 1: Math.
Speaker 8: Math never lies never.
Speaker 1: Now math can be manipulated on all of that, but truly put the numbers to it. Another thing has to do with your credit worthiness and whether you can even get.
Speaker 8: A car or a loan. But while we're on the topic, when.
Speaker 1: It comes to getting a car to begin with for your teens, remember your first mistake is paying too much for that car. The second mistake is not keeping it for the.
Speaker 8: Whole term of the loan.
Speaker 1: If you pay too much for it, you can at least keep it for the entire term of the loan and not suffer a negative loss a negative But if you don't keep it for the term of the loan and you're upside down in the car, now you have a negative ball, a negative piece of property that you have to put into your next car. That makes the next car less of a value. And you're going to have to put that ball in the next car, and that ball gets bigger and bigger and bigger, and your kid is on his way or her way to financial ruin. So The best thing to do is not get that ball going, So pay the right price. That's easy to say, but you can if you call us and go to good dealers. If you pay too much, you can still get by by paying it off. Don't get rid of it because you pay too much. And of course you got to have the right car to begin with. Don't do a stupid car with over one hundred thousand miles. Don't buy a used car with over one hundred thousand. Just don't do it. And one hundred and fifty it's stupid. It's just stupid. You will have major repairs. You will absolutely positively have major repairs, So don't do it. I'm Tom Martino. If you have any questions on this, you can call or text me three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five Bob, I want to talk about with when it comes to efficiency. I know you're in the business, but I want to talk some honest to god figures on new systems versus fixing one.
Speaker 8: Because a lot of people say, look, don't get this.
Speaker 1: It's not worth putting twelve hundred into this furnace or a thousand or two thousand. I don't know, I don't know what repairs are, I don't know what the math is, but I think the way we did with cars, we should come up with some kind of an idea of whether people should replace or whether people should simply fix. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five frankdrandreal estate Man dot com. By the way, we'll do a free market valuation of your home for the asking, and it's really comprehensive.
Speaker 8: It's not just a drive by.
Speaker 1: He's going to let you know what your house will sell for, what you'll net, and what you can buy. It's a service he does. You don't have to list at all. He just wants to know the market, and he wants you to know what you're facing, and he takes into account all of the elements. That's Frank durand the real Estateman dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Time Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. By the way, Compass Insurance Group will do free insurance checkups to make sure you're not over insuran underinsured, or that you're not paying too much or you might have a great deal, and they'll tell you three oh three nine nine six nine thousand the Insurance Health Center dot com. Pauline, Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martino. People can call three oh three Martino at any time three O three six two seven eight four sixty six. We love helping. What's going on?
Speaker 7: Okay? Am I on the radio?
Speaker 1: Yes you are, Pauline, but we're not going to use your last name. I'll just put out your address and phone number right after the call. I'm just kidding, by the way, geez, I'm just kidding. We don't give out any personal information. What's going on?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 7: Uh, my daughter and I bought a used car from a dealership and it was a it's a small dealership. He had told us that what did you buy?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the car you bought a as I'm seeing a twenty fourteen Nissan Juke.
Speaker 8: Yes, I like those.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's very cute for my daughter and they I had told us at the time that the turbo had been replaced and that it was weeping a little bit of oil or water that was smoking, a little bit that should go away in like three days.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask you something that I asked everyone. Did you have it checked out before you bought it?
Speaker 7: We did not.
Speaker 8: Okay, can you say the name of the dealer or would you rather.
Speaker 1: Not right now?
Speaker 7: I would rather not.
Speaker 1: Okay, keep going. Then what happened then?
Speaker 7: So my daughter, we didn't have any issues with it smoking driving at home after now.
Speaker 1: He said it was because they had replaced something.
Speaker 7: He said they replaced the turbo and that there was a little bit of peither said oil or I get it, and.
Speaker 1: I get it. Okay, so keep going. He replaced the turbo. Did you have him put that down in writing that the turbo has been replaced?
Speaker 7: Yes, we have the allaver works for there?
Speaker 8: Really okay, good, good, good, keep going.
Speaker 7: So she's been driving it for like months and a half and it will smoke off and on, usually when it gets a little bit higher RPMs. And she was getting worried about it. So we contacted him at the dealer and he said that he would have someone come out and look at it. Someone came to our house and checked out the car and said that he did think it was the turbo. So then they set up an appointment to get in with the mechanic that originally put this in, but it was like several weeks later.
Speaker 1: Was there any warranty on it?
Speaker 7: Supposedly there is, just not on the labor And.
Speaker 1: How do you know supposedly was it on that paperwork you got from the dealer.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure because I don't have the paperwork with me, but the dealer told us that it had to work.
Speaker 1: And did this guy that checked it out say that it was a bad.
Speaker 7: Turbo, not to my knowledge, but we.
Speaker 1: Never u You just told me he said it was the turbo, and you went you wanted to go back to the guy that installed it.
Speaker 7: Well, we're not sure that the guy that came out inspected it is the same guy.
Speaker 1: That no I know, but the guy that came out and inspected it. What did he say was causing the smoking? Did he say the turb.
Speaker 7: He said that there was something wrong with the turbo.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it?
Speaker 7: Okay, And so she started to get worried. She took it into the Nissan dealership and had them take a look at it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and this is usually what happens.
Speaker 1: People get it checked out after they buy it and after there's a problem.
Speaker 8: What did the dealer say.
Speaker 7: The dealer said that it was installed incorrectly, it was breaking oil under the engine, the gas it was and ruined the gaskets. They needed to be replaced, and that basically it was undrivable.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: What did they say it would take to fix.
Speaker 7: The quoter? Is about four thousand dollars Because they said that we needed to replace the turbo and the gaskets.
Speaker 1: Okay, because it was done improperly. Okay. Now did you have that verified? Because I wouldn't necessarily believe the dealer either.
Speaker 7: So who would we verify that with?
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, I'm going to come back to you and give you some You didn't have anything done yet, is that right?
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Okay? I'll tell you what. Just wait wait, I'll come back and I'll give you some some solid information that you need to do, and then we'll see what we can do.
Speaker 8: Three o three seven to one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk. By the way, Plumbline just told me, you know, during this season if you do need UH and we'll come back and talk about the changes in the laws and all the efficiencies. But and then whether you should repair replace. But if you do replace HVAC system or now with Homeline they're doing you replace that system, you pay only for the AC and the furnace is free. And it's by the way, that's a real deal and we'll talk about that. That's plumb Line Services dot Com. Now Pauline has an issue with her Nissan Juke, and somebody mentioned to me on YouTube one of my morons, you know, having a car checked out gives zero protection. Well, no one's talking about protection, but it certainly gives you valuable information. So you know, of course it helps, meaning that it will give you all kinds of problems. Kevin Caulkin, you do pre buy inspections. Tell me how many times you found stuff that would have been a nightmare for the owner.
Speaker 12: I would say probably thirty forty percent of the inspections we do come up with something somewhat major.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're pretty damn happy you did. I mean, now, to me, that's protection. Yes, Okay, Now with Pauline. Pauline said she bought a car. They told her, look, it's a Juke, a Nissan Juke twenty fourteen, that the turbo was replaced and you might see some residual oil smoking. It was smoking. After a month and a half, they took it to the They took it to a Nissan dealer who said it was done improperly. It's going to cost four grand to fix. By the way, would a turbo cost that much?
Speaker 12: Yeah, they can, depending on what they want to do along with it, if the inter cooler and other things need to be replashed.
Speaker 8: Now I want to get her an independent opinion, I really do.
Speaker 1: Look, yeah, Pauline, where are you located in general.
Speaker 7: In the Westminster area?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Perfect, Kevin is on Colfax west of Wadsworth. Okay, he'll take a free look first and let you know what he thinks. But then if he has to do diagnostics, you can talk to him about it. But it's going to be well worth it. I promise you. You need to know what you're facing and uh, you can trust him. So therefore, if he says, yeah, this needs to be replaced where it wasn't done, right, we go back to the first guy. But let's get information first, okay, And he's at and just just reference the show.
Speaker 8: And the Nissan juke.
Speaker 1: Pauline, it's four five, it's three oh three, four five five seventy two forty.
Speaker 7: Two seventy two yep four five seventy two forty two shared in autotech dot com.
Speaker 1: So thank you, Pauline. So so just call us back though we're Gonna and Katchina. Make sure you have our information. So Kevin on a turbo, if it's done wrong, can it ruin the engine driving around?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 12: Yeah, depending on what they do, because it uses the same lubricating oil lubricate the turboth as the engine. So if you create a leak or block and oil passages, I've seen a block and you can Yeah, you can do a lot of damage.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is a have you heard anything particular about the juke?
Speaker 13: Really?
Speaker 12: I mean it's a standard Nissan, you know platform. I'm trying to figure out what they could have done wrong to hurt the turbo. But you know, we'll get a look, we'll figure it out, all right.
Speaker 1: Thank good and i'd like to know we'll have you back. Thank you very much. Shar At and Auto tech dot Com. Bob Logan, you say refrigerants are changing the first of the year. What does what does that mean?
Speaker 6: Sir?
Speaker 9: They are so every several years refrigerants are upgraded and they're moving to what's called an R thirty two.
Speaker 6: There's been several changes over lest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I thought that was done years ago, right? Do they getting different ones?
Speaker 9: It was they went from R twenty two. Now we currently use R four to ten, and we're going to an R thirty two when.
Speaker 8: That's and they're less polluting.
Speaker 9: Possibly right, it's it's mainly meant for the to the environment. But when that happens, all the equipment prices are going to jump significantly twenty five thirty percent.
Speaker 1: Now the old ones, can they be retrofitted.
Speaker 6: Well, you wouldn't have to retrofit them. You still you can still.
Speaker 9: Get refrotate, so you still have the overtime that phase out and get more more coming maintain.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: News.
Speaker 1: So you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as you can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 6: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino Here three oh three seven one three talk is the number or three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six. Welcome to the show, the only show of it's kind anywhere. Solving problems, answering questions, taking appoints, making your life a little easier. And one of the things that just keeps coming up time and time again is getting your car checked out. Getting it checked out before you buy it. You can find a lot of problems before you buy it. Not everything's not perfect, but it's better than nothing. And uh again, we had a call last hour and this is where a dealer, though did disclose. They did the turbo, gave her the paperwork and it was leaking. And now they say it was a dealer says it was done all wrong. Has to be redone. It's gonna be four grand. She would have found that out had she had the car checked out. For if it's true, we're going to find out. We're going to have it checked again. So we provide all kinds of services to people. We have independent experts that can help you. We have deputies that can work on problems, and we have all kinds of other things that we do for you. And I'm going to go to the studio now where here we have Bob Logan with us from Plumbline Services. We were talking about cars, when to invest money in them and when to replace them. You can replay it if you guys listening, either on the iHeart radio app.
Speaker 8: You can do that first hour.
Speaker 1: And it was about seventeen minutes I think past the hour, you can do that, or you can go on YouTube and check out the podcast. Now I want to switch that to HVAC because a lot of people ask us that, Tom. They said, the blower motors man, don't bother replacing the blower motor, now, Bob, just a job like that, arrange for a blower motor. I'm thinking six hundred. I don't know, Bob, what do you?
Speaker 6: What is typically? You're around a thousand or better?
Speaker 1: Really, my goodness, gracious, everything is every Probably the motor itself is.
Speaker 8: Probably every wholesale six hundred. Who knows? Okay, so okay, a thousand or better.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about what other things are even serviceable anymore? On a furnace, what is actually serviceable really serviceable.
Speaker 6: Capacitors, igniters.
Speaker 9: You know a lot of the valves, gas valves, Yeah, I mean all that, all that stuff. Almost not burners though, right, or almost everything is serviceable, including a heat exchanger.
Speaker 6: Now, now, when a heat heat exchange is a crack in.
Speaker 9: It, it has the potential to leak carbon monoxide. That's one thing we're always looking for.
Speaker 1: And you can literally take that cabinet apart and put in a new heat.
Speaker 6: Exchan put in a new heat exchanger.
Speaker 9: Yes, but but typically the cost to do something like that doesn't make sense in almost any scenario because you're better off just replacing the furnace.
Speaker 1: And in a newer one. That's probably warrantied anyway, isn't it.
Speaker 9: Oh Yeah, just like a car you get you get tenure in or in some cases, like.
Speaker 1: With a carrier, what is the heat exchanger warranted for with a new carrier right now?
Speaker 6: Twenty year on the heat exchanger.
Speaker 8: Now is that labor to uh?
Speaker 9: No, So, depending on the on the system you get, you'll typically get a one to five year on the labor side, tenure on the on the furnace itself.
Speaker 6: And then twenty year on the heat exchanger. So that's again depending on.
Speaker 9: How there's a lot of labor in a heat exchanger, right, oh yeah, yeah, again, if you were, if you were changing out the heat exchanger in an older furnace, almost almost exclusively, we tell you're much better off just going ahead.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about then, can you if you did that, then let's say you had a twelve or thirteen or fifteen year carrier that has a twenty year warranty on the heat exchanger, can you apply the money for the heat exchanger to a new furnace? I mean, in other words, if you don't have it, you don't take advantage of the warranty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, typically you don't.
Speaker 9: I mean it's just like just like an automobile, you know if yeah.
Speaker 1: So parts with no labor warranties, I mean truly in the furnace world, when does that ever help?
Speaker 6: Say that again?
Speaker 1: When do Okay, in the furnace world, not just plumb Line's world, but the whole furnace world, you have mostly parts guaranteed, right labor, you guys have your own form of labor warranty. I don't want to talk about that now, but you do have warranty on some labor, but let's just talk about the typical industry. If you don't have labor warranties. Folks, listen to this. If you have a furnace and they say you got a parts warranty and it's like ten or fifteen years, Okay, in fifteen years, if that heating changer goes out, big deal of as a twenty year warranty, you're not going to have it replaced.
Speaker 9: It's too expensive, right, right, because the labor side of it. Okay, So you and this isn't just our industry. This is a lot of industries.
Speaker 6: That are similar to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: But what we do, tom and to keep from over complicating everything. Anytime we go to your home and we service your furnace, we will give you options of a repair and if it makes sense, options for replacement, especially with an older system. Ten I get twell fifteen years old, and we'll walk through the math like you did with the car. Say, okay, you're currently paying this on your utility bill, or you're going to save on your utility bills. It's going to cost you this much to repair it. This is going to be your monthly payment on a new furnace, or you can pay cash for it, and we just go through all the different scenarios with the homeowner. And just like an automobile, there's budget cars and there's luxury cars.
Speaker 6: Furnace and air conditioning systems are the same thing.
Speaker 1: But let's say you have it.
Speaker 9: You're simply heat and cools. You can get one that communicates and.
Speaker 1: No, I get it. So then when is it good to have a parts warranty beyond ten years? I mean when would you ever use I mean for anything? Tell me the parts that would be worth replacing under warranty, like with the warranty. I mean, well, like a blower motor. Do they have warranties?
Speaker 6: Yeah, blower motor would have a warranty.
Speaker 1: And that would be worth it because there's not terrible amount of labor with that, right, right exactly? Okay, what else?
Speaker 9: So I'll gas almost anything except the heat but the heat exchange.
Speaker 1: Okay, So warranties do count for almost anything on a furnace because the parts are expensive and the labor is not that prohibitive. But with a heat exchanger, the labor becomes prohibitive.
Speaker 6: I mean you're almost rebuilding the entire st.
Speaker 1: Of course you are. You're taking it the whole thing apart, right, Okay. So, now when it comes to the age of a furnace and money spent, when, like, let's take is a thousand dollars repair unusual on a furnace for a major.
Speaker 6: Repair, not at all unusual?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: Okay? Would it be two thousand? And then what's closer to a normal average repair? I'm not talking about just a minor stuff like a a thermal coupler.
Speaker 6: Say say a thousand and fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, So on a fifteen hundred dollars repair, then when to me fifteen hundred versus new systems bob are twelve to twenty or more or more? Oh my god?
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, and again they're gonna go by twenty thirty percent January.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but twelve hundred to fifteen hundred bucks, even fifteen hundred compared to fifteen thousand, that to me it's worth doing a repair. When would you not do that?
Speaker 9: Well, there's a lot more to take into consideration, okay too as far, and probably the same thing with a car, because there's safety. You know, a newer car has better technology for safety. Yeah, furnas the same thing. So, so these are the conversations we have with our clients.
Speaker 6: What is important to you?
Speaker 9: Is saving the environment and having a lower impact on the environment important to you? Is it saving on your utilities? Do you wake up every time your fine?
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone cares about the environment. I mean when it comes right down the house.
Speaker 9: Do you want to say when utilities? Does your furnace wake you up every time it kicks on at night? The older furnaces are very loud, the newer ones are quiet. They well, yeah, I mean you have hot and cold spots in the house.
Speaker 1: A newer furnace save you that much money on a monthly bill.
Speaker 9: In Colorado, it's difficult just because we don't have a long cooling season.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 9: Some places like Phoenix or or you know, Atlanta, Yes, utilities can almost offset the payment in some regards, where in Colorado like our you know, we have more of a cooling or a heating season, and our gas prices are so inexpensive.
Speaker 6: So will you save money? You'll absolutely save money.
Speaker 1: But it may not pay back as quickly as somewhere else.
Speaker 6: Correct, that's exactly right.
Speaker 9: And uh, and you know heat pumps use use electricity rather than the gas, and yeah, and uh, you know those are becoming more and more popular.
Speaker 1: So and here's another thing I tell people. If you're going to do a solar system, you get your hvac. If your HVAC system is ten years or old er, get it replaced because you'll get a tax credit on the whole amount if it's bundled together. Yep, that's correct, and you'll never do a better deal than that. Now here's something I want to know. How long if I put in a really good system right now? You guys do carrier and a bunch of other how long will it take? Oh, I just lost my picture because I've been messing with my camera. Sorry, guys, I'll redo that. How long does it take to how long will it last?
Speaker 9: Is what I'm asking You know, if it's well, if it's maintained, you know, it should last twenty years. But unlike a car where people take take it in for normal oil changes, tire rotations, and they do the service serge supposed to nobody all almost nobody, i should say, does that with furnace and air conditioning systems, and so most of them aren't maintained the way they should. So that's why they're failing in ten years. Okay, but if it's maintained every single year by a licensed professional, you should get fifteen or twenty years out of it, all right.
Speaker 1: Three o three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, people, I know my YouTube pictures doubt I'm rebooting that, so that'll be on and we have.
Speaker 8: More coming up on the Troubleshooter show.
Speaker 1: By the way, renew Home Innovations will do a beautiful shower conversion for you with stone like walls with no maintenance whatsoever, glass panels that curve and well when I say care of that, you go around a corner. You don't need doors anymore, no thresholds to stumble over. You can use walkers or wheelchairs if you're older. They can completely customize it in two or three days.
Speaker 8: They can do this.
Speaker 1: Seventy two months to pay with no interest. It's unbelievable. Renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check. Up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 8: What's going on in your life?
Speaker 1: Okay? I want to ask a question. I hope people will chime in and be honest about this.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 1: A lot of people, of course, and I don't blame them. They're sick and tired of political pontificating. And you know the likes of everybody from Taylor Swift to Robert de Niro telling you who to vote for and they get crazy about it, and Hulk Hogan and anybody. Okay, I'm not here to tell you who to vote for, how to vote, why to vote. I'm just here to ask a question, and I'm serious about this. I want to know if you know a company or a person in a company is a staunch conservative or a staunch progressive and they feel really strongly about their conservative beliefs and their conservative politics. What that looks like, I don't know. That's see. That's the thing. I'm not going to define that for you, but what you have learned or come to learn that stands for Again, I think a lot of it's inaccurate. I think a lot of it's exaggerated. But my question to you is very simple, and I'm doing some research here.
Speaker 8: I really want to know if you have someone in the.
Speaker 1: Car business, a mechanic, HVAC, plumbing, cooling, electrical drains, investment advising, you have someone in uh carpeting, floor covering, you have someone anyone, and you know they are either one way or the other. They are very strict in their political beliefs. Not in their business. I'm talking about in their political beliefs. Would that influence you on where to do business? Would you stop doing business with them? I really want to know that, and YouTube more ons. You can chime in. I don't know how to do a poll, damn it, but you can chime in. I want to know if it would matter to you. Does it matter to you if a business is conservative? Now I don't mean the shouldn't say the business or like the people behind it, the owners, the principles if they're very conservative, we're very progressive, would have mattered to you. Let me know. Now I'm going to go to the phones and help people out. Pamela has an issue with an apartment. Pamela, Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martinez. What's going on, Pamela? Hi, Hi, hi pa.
Speaker 15: You had helped me before the partment that I'm in, haad of young driver had jokes in my bedroom windows. Oh my god, I remember that well in a sign buildings. And now it's like the Venezuelans are here and I'm sixty two years old.
Speaker 1: This now, wait a minute, Wait a minute. Now, when you said hold on you you rent an apartment, and you say the Venezuelans are here, you don't mean like we've heard about them taking over and all that, right.
Speaker 15: No, it's just that they party all night. They're out there every night acting up. And I'm sixty two and I'm s and go by myself and I'm just able.
Speaker 1: How do you know they're Venezuelans because I talked to them, okay, and they they they lived there and they're partying all night every.
Speaker 15: Night, and the I mean, our security is not doing anything, the office is not doing anything. And so I put in to move into some new apartments called the Mosaic Community, and they told me that I had the apartment.
Speaker 1: This was Now let me ask you some Pamela. When you say you applied for a new community, are you on section eight or any other kind of housing?
Speaker 15: Yes, I'm on housing, okay.
Speaker 1: And you wanted to move from where you are to somewhere else.
Speaker 15: Yes, So I put in, I put in for apartment and they okayd and I'm ready to move and everything. And then Thursday I him and he tells me, now I can't move in because of my felony. They knew I had the felony when I applied with the apartment.
Speaker 1: And by the way, is this section eight?
Speaker 8: Is this section eight?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What kind of felony is it?
Speaker 15: It's a DV A domestic violence.
Speaker 8: Here's what I want to ask you, Pamela.
Speaker 1: Will what about if you're on section eight now and you applied for another apartment and they turned you down due to a felony? Are they now going to say what.
Speaker 16: They had accepted?
Speaker 15: Exception?
Speaker 1: No, I know, I know, Pamela that this is what I'm asking now. I'm asking now that you were turned down for a new apartment because of a felony. Are they going to go back and take away your section eight for the one you're in.
Speaker 15: No, they're not, because but I already put in my thirty day notice.
Speaker 1: But if you, if you hadn't put in your thirty day notice, would they have gone back and taken away your section eight now.
Speaker 8: That they know you have a felony?
Speaker 1: No, can you rescind your thirty day notice and stay where you are?
Speaker 15: I can't get in touch with the people in the office because they're scared to come in the office. Now and wait a.
Speaker 1: Minute, you're telling me that people are afraid to come to the office at your apartment complex because of partying Venezuelans.
Speaker 15: No, because they got a threat that they got a threat that they was going to kill somebody in the office.
Speaker 8: Who said they were going to kill someone in the office.
Speaker 15: Somebody had called a nonymous lease and tells them that they were going to kill the people in the office. So now it's hard to even get in touch with anybody in the office.
Speaker 1: Where is this apartment complex? Don't give me the exact but where is it?
Speaker 15: It's the A Tree apartments in Lesdale. It's it's like Glendale, Dinver.
Speaker 1: It's called a.
Speaker 15: Trim a tree, a t R I.
Speaker 10: I oh, is that on Leedsdale and Forest.
Speaker 1: E A A tree?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've seen it, a t.
Speaker 1: R I I.
Speaker 6: I don't know how many eyes, but I think it's just one.
Speaker 1: Two eyes, two eyes an a Tria apartment and Venezuela is there, you know? Okay, so we need to find someone in.
Speaker 15: Gary's scared to be in the office.
Speaker 6: Is that Glendale or Denver?
Speaker 1: Do you know that right in that area? Whatever? Hey, guys, who in the studio wants to make a quick phone call over there?
Speaker 17: I can call over there Tom and talk to him and see if we can get this lady an extension or it's a fund your thirty day notice.
Speaker 1: Or to rescind it right now until she finds another place. But Pamela, are you saying they won't allow you to see I'm afraid if we make noise about this felony on a new place, they're going to say, well, she shouldn't even be where she is now.
Speaker 15: Well, I've been here and I was when I moved in. I had to choveny.
Speaker 1: How long have you been there?
Speaker 18: Three years?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 15: This was my third year.
Speaker 6: All right, Pamela.
Speaker 17: Are you dealing with Section eight or the s ol property management company that manages the age?
Speaker 15: My section age is through well Power, which is used to be the Mental Health Corporation of Denver.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's who we need to contact. Yeah, that's who denied her. Can't you call them, Pamela? So she called him? They denied her.
Speaker 8: Bokay, here's what.
Speaker 1: We want to ask. She wants to ask why was she approved for this place but not for the Mosaic? I got it.
Speaker 15: The Mosaic is the one. The Mosaic approved me. And then at the last minute they told me now they couldn't take me. I get it, even after they had they had had the housing inspection and everything.
Speaker 1: No, we get it.
Speaker 15: And they wanted me. Yeah, they wanted me to move in right away and I couldn't because I want to keep Quean.
Speaker 1: We got to figure that. We gotta figure this out. I'm gonna have bo make a few calls.
Speaker 6: Al'll call.
Speaker 1: Your goal is to stay at the a Tree. No, her goal, right, her goal is to stay at the A Tree because she.
Speaker 8: Gave it thirty days notice.
Speaker 1: But then ultimately she would like to leave and go to the Mosaic, but they turned her down due to a previous felony that they found. But she wants to know that's inconsistent because they didn't turn her down at the A Tree, why would they turn her down at Mosaic. I mean, it's all very very logical, I understand. But right now what we'd like to do is get her for sure not to have to leave in thirty days because she gave her notice.
Speaker 8: Now here's the other thing.
Speaker 15: If you and I would just wonder why with the Mosaic except me and I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: That's what we need to find out. Why why why? There's a lot of whys. One thing though, one thing about the party in Venezuelan's again. You know, I'm hearing a lot of this. I don't know if it's true or not. But according to denying news, nothing's going on. By the way, that's my new name for him, denying news, because everything, everything except of course, if it's a if it's against Trump, is denying denying news. Anyway. Three you guys can use that now spread it around. Somebody ought to make a logo no more nine news, denying news, denying news. I think that's cool, denying news. Now you heard it first on the Troubleshooter Show. We got more coming right up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 8: Speaking of that. Three O three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Y Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Glenn's got an issue with tep boys. Glenn, what's happening?
Speaker 16: I took my car in forore oily change and had him shake the brakes while I was there. Yeah, and they They told me all four breaks for bed and they wanted almost nine hundred dollars to fix them.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 16: So I took it to my mechanic out in Lakewood. So I've gone through the thirty years for a major mechanical work, and he said the breaks were just fine, didn't need any the paths are only about half worn out.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second, did you have that put in writing that you needed nine hundred in repairs? Did you have him.
Speaker 8: Spell it out?
Speaker 16: I would have yes, I did.
Speaker 1: Oh you have that and your mechanics said, there's nothing wrong with him.
Speaker 16: I have that in writing too, did you okay?
Speaker 11: Cool?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 16: Went to a third place just as a tiebreaker, and they said the breaks were fined as well. The two subsequent mechanics that said the breaks were fine and they tried to jerked me over a over almost nine hundred dollars a pet boys for breaks that weren't bad at all.
Speaker 8: Did you go back and say something to them?
Speaker 16: I went back to the store and the mechanics just blew me off. He was very condescending, and I like it was a big joke.
Speaker 1: And did you get his name?
Speaker 16: I can't pronounce it. It's a foreign name, but he's been caned.
Speaker 1: All okay, that's a hold on.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: I called, wait, where's the pet where's the pep boys?
Speaker 16: On South Parker Road thirteen ninety South Parker Road. I called the corporate office three times the complain of about it, and uh, nobody ever called me back. And I called the last time. They said they don't. I wanted my forty McKenna. The first Nchennan charged me forty dollars for taking the tires up and checking the brakes and so on.
Speaker 1: And wait a minute, you were charged Wait, you weren't there for something else where? They told you you had bad breaks? You went in there? Why did you go in there to be and win?
Speaker 16: To get my oil changed?
Speaker 1: And in addition, wait, they charged you forty bucks.
Speaker 16: In addition to the second, the second, the first Mchennic guy went to after that charged me forty dollars and ticked the breaks.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, oh, you want the forty dollars that you had you had to spend to get a second opinion.
Speaker 16: Yeah, but that's that's a minor point. And I can understand that they don't reimburse for second opinions. That's not the issue. But the issue is they tried to charge me nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 14: For break, weren't.
Speaker 1: I think we should let him know.
Speaker 16: I called the corporate office and they refused.
Speaker 1: I want you to give I give that information to uh, give that information to Kachina. I'm gonna have Deputy D drop a dime on him and say, look, we got this complaint and I want to get the guy's name. Do you have Can you spell the guy's name that blew you off?
Speaker 16: Uh? I? Here it is a N E c O.
Speaker 1: A N E c O.
Speaker 16: Richard since his last name service manager?
Speaker 1: What's his last name?
Speaker 18: Richardson?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's the manager service manager.
Speaker 16: He's the one that told me that they'll refused to work with me when I went back in there.
Speaker 1: So and that go Richardson?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 1: Correct? Okay, service manager. He blew you off when you went back to talk to.
Speaker 16: Him, right, I mean I got a little angry. I went stormed out of there, stormed out of there. But because he wasn't Is.
Speaker 1: He the one? Is he the one that told you? Is he the one that told you you needed bad break? I mean you needed breaks? Is he the one?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh? All right, we're gonna call him too, and this is on thirteen to ninety South Parker Road.
Speaker 8: Pep Boys. You know, I have to be straight with you.
Speaker 1: I don't get a lot of complaints about Pep Boys like we used to.
Speaker 8: We used to get a.
Speaker 1: Ton of them two places. We used to get a lot of complaints about that. We that subsided a bit. Pep Boys was one and took car toys and they cleaned up their active bit. Now I'm not saying they're golden. I'm just saying we haven't had a lot. Uh So, Yeah, we're gonna call though and try to get a response.
Speaker 16: I can even number for the corporate customer service department too that refused to call.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you give all of that to Kachina or give your number to Kichina and Deputy bo A D. He'll call you right now and get that information and let's try to figure it out. Three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five one Clear choice garage doors for your garage door needs all of them, including openers, complete openers, every part of the opener, or the brand new digital openers with Wi Fi capability, time to close, feature, battery backups, and of course, garage doors themselves one of the best companies I know because they have all of their prices on their website. One clear choice doors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now we are calling pep boys to find out about that problem. Now we have some other things.
Speaker 8: To go over.
Speaker 1: I asked if you would patronize patronize what's the word patronize a business? Patronize a bit, not patron patronize a business if they let their political beliefs be known, and if you found out they were staunch conservatives or staunch progressives. I'm getting a very interesting response on text. Feel free to call me too if you'd like to discuss it. This is not about whether it's right or wrong. It's about how does it affect your buying decisions as a consumer.
Speaker 8: I have always told my clients.
Speaker 1: That you should really keep your political and religious beliefs to yourself. I mean, I'm not saying about in your private life.
Speaker 8: I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: In your ads or in your promotions. You should never give the impression something is better than something else. I mean because if they feel like you're preaching to them as a conservative or a progressive or a die hard pick the religion, it may have a negative effect.
Speaker 8: Not that any of those things would be right or wrong.
Speaker 1: But that what you want to do I think is appeal to be sense of value. I mean value meaning for what you're doing, your services, and your experience, and your credibility. But listen to this. One guy says, I vote with my I don't know if it's a guy, but this Texter.
Speaker 8: I vote with my money.
Speaker 1: If I don't like the beliefs, I will not shop there, now, you know. Mike Lindell with my pillow that company. His company has been canceled by many many, many big box stores. They won't carry him. Okay, here's another one. I say that if you're a radical maga person, I will never shop with you or spend money with you. If you're just a regular Democrat or Republican. Maybe someone else says if they're super I want him to go super broke. I'm trying to think what I would do. I think if someone is hateful, whether they're conservative or progressive, I would not shop or do business with them, like a guy like de Niro.
Speaker 8: No, I'm serious.
Speaker 1: I mean there are people that are crazy hateful, crazy hateful, and I don't think that I would want to shop anywhere that's radical because I just don't. I just would rather not. But I think people are entitled to their own beliefs. I don't want them to be hateful. And on that topic, I have another question, and I'm serious, who's more hateful. I have had this discussion time and time again. I've had it with Mark, I've had it with you know, major Mark Pager. I've had it with a lot of people. I'm not going to tell you what I want to know. What I want to know what you think who is more hateful when it comes to expressing their beliefs and the other side and how crazy? Who do you think are meaner and more hateful? Seriously, I was reading an article where people on both sides, people have lost friendships, relatives, family members, to Facebook friends to these beliefs. It's it's I don't know if it's ever been like that before. I know there's always been some division, but my god, I have never seen it.
Speaker 8: And let's just say it like it is.
Speaker 1: It's ever since. I'm not saying he's responsible, I'm not, but ever since Trump came to the scene, that's when I started seeing this division. I mean really, now again, I'm not saying it's him, I swear to God, I'm not. It might be the reaction to him. I'm saying that I've never seen the division. But I want to know what you think. Please, you can text me five seven seven three nine or my Google number or call me. The Google number is a private number, and it is and it comes to my cell phone, honest to God, it does seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty And I'd like to know what you think. I've had people tell me so far, Yes they do care. Now, who's meaner, who's more vile? Who has a tendency? Do you believe to take it too far? I'm Tom Martinez. I'd like to know. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Ript news.
Speaker 2: You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come run anxious as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two four five. Welcome. We have bob Logan with us from Plumbline Services, and he's going to uh, he's gonna chime in on some stuff I want to ask about. But first I asked another question about politics. Does it play Does it play a role? This is a consumer show, and I really want to know. In fact, to be honest with you, I had a lot of endorsement clients and people ask me in general sponsors, how people feel and is it affecting business? They wanted to know what I thought, So I said, I'm going to ask my listeners now, Andrew, does it make a Do politics play a part in your spending?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 18: I think they do. After I mean, it's a Taylor Swift kind of endorsement of the Kamala Harris, I mean, yeah, and divided some people, yes on that, but I didn't want to make the point of I think a lot of kind of the animosity kind of started when that scandal came out regarding the I R S employees kind of singling out the tea partiers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's oh that was before Trump, the tea Party. You're right, You're.
Speaker 18: Right, yeah, And I think at that point we realized that, you know, how how people are able to even use the governmental institution to single out, you know, particular groups, which is is pretty.
Speaker 1: Scary right now. Now, one thing that does bother me, Andrew, as you bring that up, the Justice Department and how they were investigating Catholics and parents who went to school board meetings. Think about that. I mean, you know, if you were a parent sticking up for your kids in school, you were a radical. And of course it gets into everything else, but we should have a say in our education, and it does you know. I have a T shirt I haven't worn it yet, but it says disagreement doesn't mean hate, and I haven't warned it yet.
Speaker 8: But it's so true.
Speaker 1: Disagreement doesn't have to be hate. So, Andrew, on that topic, who do you think is more hateful or maybe neither? You don't have to pick one. Do you think there there are people both sides are the same, or do you think that staunch conservatives or staunch progressives or woke people or whatever, who do you think are more hateful?
Speaker 18: I think it's I think it's pretty even on honestly. I mean, I think people.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, are.
Speaker 18: In general other human nature is just when you're attacked to attack sometimes. But I think it's a both sides honestly.
Speaker 1: Oh right, Andrew, Thank you very much, Diane. Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martine. What do you think, Hi, Tom?
Speaker 16: No, I disagree with Andrew.
Speaker 1: What could be more hateful than to try and assassinate somebody?
Speaker 16: How funny you should ask?
Speaker 15: I mean, is that hateful enough?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: That's hateful for sure.
Speaker 1: Now, Diane, I can't think and I can't think of an instant I want to ask you. I mean, I don't know, but there must have been. There must have been conservative people accused of assassination attempts. I'm not I'm trying to think. I mean, I'm thinking out loud because I don't really know.
Speaker 16: I you know, there's no news of anybody shooting at her.
Speaker 1: No, no, No, you're right, you're right. And but but I'm talking about previously.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you're not dodging any bullets.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Let's see there was an attempt against Reagan, and Reagan was conservative. There was an attempt against who else?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: And of course, and by the way, did you know there was and thank you for calling, Diane. There was one more recent just yesterday or the day before they they did they stopped another attempt. Did you know that they they at one of the political rallies, they arrested a guy with high capacity gun. Ammo.
Speaker 8: No, no, I'm trying to find the article.
Speaker 1: It was true. Just the other day. They say they prevented another what they believe would have been.
Speaker 8: Now they don't know that for sure, but they.
Speaker 1: Say that they did interrupt an assassination attempt. Patty, what do you think, Patty? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Hi there, Okay, So just I used to be an independent until Trump took over. Before that, I felt that Democrats and Republicans, you know, you had your size and then you you kind of meet her beer afterwards, and it would be done. Once Trump took over, there was a huge division. And I mean basically, when he's been strapped that question only. The first thing I thought of was January sixth, and I think that's self explanatory about now. I like Republicans. I have no problem with Republicans. I have problems with MAGA. I have problems with anything that is extreme and so you and that goes for left as well. I don't I don't like. I don't like black and white. I like, you know, I like a happy medium. And when Trump took Yeah, and when Trump took over, and to your point, you know, he may not have caused it, but he didn't get permission to for them to come out of the woodwork. And I and I'm one of those that I've I've had friends we've stopped talking because I found out who they really what they were really all about. And so to answer that question, I mean, you just hear just the nastiness coming out of there.
Speaker 1: I know, you know what, Patty, I think I think that goes around. You're right from both sides, Patty. One thing that I have found that helps me truly is like, like I tend to be conservative about many issues of conservative like economically and stuff, but socially, I really want to love and let people live and as long as you know they're not hurting people but the other. But here's what I have found. When I find people who I disagree with, I truly try to look at their motivation. And it always helps me because because here's what I say to myself, no matter how conservative or liberal someone is, I think they don't want to destroy. Well, now I know a lot of people are saying, yes they do, tom, but they don't want to destroy America. I truly believe that in their minds they're improving the country or making it better. I don't think anyone starts out thinking let's destroy America. Now, there are a few, probably that believe our whole system needs to be destroyed and we have to start over. But I don't think that's the majority of people. Well, I agree with.
Speaker 19: You to a point. I just have to say, because of I like you, there are I mean again, I'm not an extremist, so I there's things that I like on both sides, but I lean a little bit more left, but not to the point of Fantifa and.
Speaker 7: Get all of that right, But let me.
Speaker 19: Throw in the butt. I've gone back. They've come out of the woodwork and talking about yes, we need we need some control for the border. I get that, there's gotta be some way to fix it. I got all that. However, there's been more attacks on racism on minorities in the last Again, this is me from what I've observed, and I'm a minority. Anti Semitic. Anti semitism is wellmotobia as it's like there was a permission to say, Now we can come out and say without repercussions no, I.
Speaker 8: Know what you're saying. I know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: And by the way, one of my missions in life is helping Venezuelan families and immigrant families be adjusted and hard working. And the ones I know are very hardworking, lovely, beautiful people. But truly, there are some criminal elements, but that goes with any group of people. And what I guess what I don't like. I don't like heaping everyone ever into one big group. And that goes for everyone, that goes for homosexuals, transgender people, it goes for all kinds of people. I don't think there's any one group of people that we can throw into one bucket. And I don't like buckets. I think buckets are dangerous. But anyway, thank you very much. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. Yeah, buckets are dangerous. And you know, I know my YouTube morons joke a lot and say, you know, I tend to uh, I tend to uh, you know, skew uh uh liberal. I don't. I swear to God, I don't, but I certainly don't skew crazy either.
Speaker 8: One way or the other.
Speaker 1: I truly don't believe in redistribution of wealth at all and and when people I can't stand when people say billionaires need to pay their fair share. I'm not a billionaire, but I'm truly uh you know, we have maybe three hundred billionaires. I mean truly, it would make not a difference. But I do believe they pay more than their fair share. And when you look at wealth, by the way, and how it how people don't put their.
Speaker 8: Money in a mattress, It's invested.
Speaker 1: In the economy, and they create more wealth ever than they have. Every billionaire I know creates more wealth than their worth, more wealth than their worth. So I look at it. I'm not trying to make a case here for billionaires. I don't care, but I'm just saying I tend to skew that way.
Speaker 8: But I do believe there are some parts of our society.
Speaker 1: I think some of the most evil billionaires in the world, and the most evil institutions are big giant colleges with their endowments. And I think if you want to tax billionaires, go start there. Start there. You notice they never mentioned that. Another thing. I think education and health, those are the things that if I thought had to be more and I'm using the word socialized, meaning more spread out, but not income and not outcome. Income and outcome is something that is self generated and should never be controlled.
Speaker 8: Ever.
Speaker 1: I think, if anything, I'm a socialist for opportunity. Everything else is self made. Sean, your turn, Then I got to take a break. Sean, go ahead, Hey Tom, Yeah, I was just.
Speaker 20: Gonna call the one thing that really drives me nuts is why if you support Trump to call him extremists. I mean, what what is so extreme about want in your country the way it was without it being invaded?
Speaker 1: Well, I I listen, look at you know, I think Trump is ninety percent of showman. I think he grabs onto issues. And I think here's why they call him extreme. And I'm not calling an extreme because look at Kamela is just as extreme in other ways. I am saying that when when he says things like, you know, they're letting them out of their insane asylums and criminals and prisons and this, and that he doesn't leave room or say there are many well meaning, wonderful immigrants that we should help, but they need to do it this way. I only really hear him talking about the criminal element. And and maybe that's what people mean, is that he tends to speak in those generalities like that.
Speaker 8: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Look, we have a talk show host here. I love him, and he calls him the looney left. And again, I truly believe that there there are looney lefts, and there are radical rights and crazy people on both sides. But I think, or i'd like to believe that a lot of them are well meaning. I don't know, but Sean, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 20: What's more extreme than on day one year presidency? You just open the borders up?
Speaker 1: And oh not only that, you shut down every single every single new exploration, every single one of them for oil. I mean, in day one, one hundred and fifty thousand jobs went out the window and we became non energy and dependent and gas prices what did they almost double? I mean, I get you, I get you, and that's what I mean. But why can't we all have that discussion and disagree without the hateful, vile feelings that we're having where people? I mean, do you know there have been freaking divorces and breakups over it?
Speaker 8: We got more coming up?
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, what really? Wow? Oh yeah, it's sad, isn't it, though? I Mean, come on, I don't know I just don't know where it's going. I mean, you know, the argument will go on forever as who's doing more of that division, who's doing more of it. But one thing, here's one thing I want to say that no one can deny. No one on both sides, both sides, these campaigns have been more about what's wrong with the other one than have been with what I want to do. Now Trump skews more toward what I want to do. Okay, he does if you truly look at this objectively, Yes, he talks about how bad the people the opposition is, but he also talks about what he wants to do. Kamala mostly Kamala Harris mostly. Her entire campaign is how evil Donald Trump is.
Speaker 8: We have more coming up.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 11: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 1: When you choose Frank durand the Real Estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So I was asking as a consumer show and as a consumer advocate, honest to God, and as a marketer. I mean that's what I do. I market for people I believe in, Like my guests say plumbline services, I really do. Now here's what I want to say. I wanted to know if politics make a difference in your choice of businesses, services, products, and does it?
Speaker 8: Does it really make a buying difference?
Speaker 1: And who do you think is meaner a republic a Republican or Democrat, or a progressive or a conservative.
Speaker 8: I really mean that, and this is important research.
Speaker 1: It really is. Now. I think anyone hateful I would not want to do business with them. I also think that if I knew, if I knew someone was hurting their children or cheating on their wives, or of not good moral character. I'm not talking about politics at all, but something really down like that, I don't think I would want to do business with them. Either it's just a personal thing or they treated their employees like crap, that kind of stuff which isn't always knowable. Seinfeld did an episode one time that I found in Genius. You know, Seinfeld was pretty damn insightful. Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld when they wrote these remember the one about being gay? How do you know someone's gay? Well, they're always clean, they're always groomed. And then he says, the symbol for gay shouldn't be this, and he did the lymphriss.
Speaker 8: He said, instead, it should.
Speaker 1: Be this, and he made the gesture of a vacuum cleaner because they're so clean. So he goes and like he's vacuuming, and it was funny, but it's true. People look for signs, people look for labels. And then the one that I thought was truly ingenious was the one where they took a topic like abortion and then played it to the nth degree. And I think the moral of the story of that episode about abortion was if you don't know how people think, you treat them differently than how they think.
Speaker 8: Then if you knew what they think.
Speaker 1: So in other words, they happen to be at certain places where the topic of abortion came up, and when someone expressed how they felt, and Elaine disagreed with them. She would now hate them whereas she loved them before. Specifically, she was at that Italian restaurant with that one guy that it was a recurring role on Seinfeld and Jerry, And then they were all at that restaurant and got talking about abortion somehow, and he heard them and said, how how can you cut babies? They mapinos, and he says, I love my I love babies, and and then she goes, what are you kidding me? You know, and then she starts arguing hers a thing, and then they end up walking out.
Speaker 8: What they were doing is truly saying.
Speaker 1: That if people just shut up and believe what they believe, you might feel differently about them than if they expressed it. Not that it's wrong to express it, but it was just showing how politics divide. That that was the bottom line. Back in the Star Trek days, they did an they did an ingenious episode in Star Trek where people had people were half white and half black and they were fighting each other, and they were fighting each other to the death, and they hated each other. And I watched this whole episode. Then at the end he said Kirk says, why do you people hate each other so much? And the one guy says, you didn't notice? And Kirk says, what do you mean you're the same people? And the guy says, no, they're black on the left side and we're black on the right side. They were half black and half white, split down the middle, literally white and black. It was you know that that was so what what the writer was saying there is these differences are so stupid. I felt it was ingenius, but I want to I want to say something else because we were talking about politics and how why did you believe you're radical if you believe in Trump and all that? And I looked up something that I remembered and I just want to impart this real quick. Donald Trump was elected to office November eighth, twenty sixteen, and on January twentieth, twenty seventeen, he was inaugurated.
Speaker 8: Right, that was his very first day in office.
Speaker 1: Following the inauguration, what people don't understand listen to this is on January twenty first, The next day, twenty seventeen, there was a million women march on Washington. I don't know if there's a million women, but it was the largest global movement of women participating in this march across the US and in DC advocating for women's rights and social issues. I watched it. Did you watch it on the news? Do you remember that? Does anyone remember that? Okay?
Speaker 6: Vague?
Speaker 8: Now here's what I recall.
Speaker 1: This is the day after Donald Trump took office, and the interviews were from women of all classes, all walks of life. And I remember the interviews with the women saying, we will not stand for the rights that we have lost. We will not stand by while our rights are plummeled, are pummeled. And then one woman says, I can't believe how oppressed we have become. Now, listen, this was the day after he took office. There is not one thing he had done, not one thing he had done, and they were on Washington protesting him for taking away their rights. Now you want to call that jump in the gun a little anyway? Three O three seven one, three eight two five five, Got more coming right up? Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three LL three seven one three eight two five five So again, any problem stress ander complaints? Of course, Bob, you talked about refrigerants, and I want to go over this really quickly. Somebody wants to know if the refrigeron's are changed, what happens if yours runs low? How long do they keep the old refrigerants? Do they still have free on? Do they still have? How many generations of coolants do we have?
Speaker 9: There's several generations and they will the older refrigerants will eventually be phased out.
Speaker 6: So do we have free on still? So well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I actually don't know.
Speaker 9: No, Okay, So prior to R four ten, which is the current refrigerant, we had R twenty two, right, so you know, right around I don't know thirteen, fourteen years ago, they started phasing out R twenty two to go to four ten. The refrigerant was still available and we could service old equipment. But eventually, as supply got low, the cost of the refrigerant Okay, I'm exorbitant, okay. And so so when you say.
Speaker 1: The new refrigerant being required in January, yes, January one, you can still sell your older equipment.
Speaker 9: Uh if I'm not sure exactly what the what it's going to look like. But yes, if if there's if there's equipment that's been manufactured, it's on.
Speaker 6: The floor, will you can sell it. We'll be allowed to sell it.
Speaker 1: And why then will it be more expensive for the other one? Is it because the refrigerant.
Speaker 6: Or yeah, the cost I mean the costs.
Speaker 9: And anytime there's a change over like this, I'm just anticipating.
Speaker 6: I know, I know what happened last time. I know what's going to happen this time.
Speaker 9: And and uh, January one, anyway, every year seems to be the time where manufacturers boost their prices.
Speaker 1: So I have furnaces other than efficiency have not changed so much as far as fuels, I mean, we have gas and we have well the hybrids. You have a combination of gas and electric or gas.
Speaker 9: And oil for back east, right right, right now? Hybrids? Do you sell them like a gas like a dual fuel? Yes, like a heat pump. So I've actually got that in my house, and so depending on the temperature outside and the usage, it'll switch over from a heat pump to a gas furnace.
Speaker 1: Can you program it to do it? More like if you had solar and wanted to use more electric.
Speaker 9: Well, if you have solar, you're probably better off just going with the heat pump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally went And then yeah, a lot of people are doing that. They're going with that hybrid system. So the bottom line is whatever you have needs to match the fuel and the expense. Again math, you have to decide. Like you said, gas is pretty inexpensive here.
Speaker 9: In Colorado, Yeah, our gas prices are really compared to the rest of the country.
Speaker 6: It's fairly inexpensive.
Speaker 1: Okay. And I don't know what heating oil is doing back east, but that used to be. That is the main fuel back.
Speaker 9: East, it primarily And there's still a lot of wood as well, surprisingly, yeah, course.
Speaker 8: And pellets and all of that.
Speaker 1: All right, And another thing I was asking people about their buying decisions and if politics skew them. I have a lot of insightful I believe texts. Okay, now listen to this one.
Speaker 8: All right, here's one right here.
Speaker 1: I agree with you when you said Trump tells people what he wants to do on day one in office, like get rid of the Constitution, prosecute all of his political enemies without cause, including the fourth estate, which is of course media. And he wants to take away women's reproductive rights in all fifty states, pretty much enforcing neo fascist agenda. You know what, that is really really really exaggerated. Okay, really, I mean, okay, we might say both sides of exaggarate. That is app He has never said he wants to do away the Constitution. He said as a joke he wanted to be addicted on day one only to do certain things to shut.
Speaker 8: The border down. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: He never said he wants a national abortion ever, and he never said, look at I just don't.
Speaker 8: Want to that's just stupid.
Speaker 1: Okay, This guy says, I think the beginning a division started with Obama and has gotten worse with each presidential election. As for which side is worse. I have to give that to the left because if you don't believe exactly what they believe, they are very public and mean about it. You are called hateful by the way that they use the word hate more than anyone. By the way, and I've said this before, one of the most hateful organizations I have ever encountered is the Center Against Digital Hate.
Speaker 8: Those people are supposed.
Speaker 1: To go online and find digital hate, and they generate more digital hate than anyone I have ever scene this one. Let's see at this stage, it's almost okay, well, well, here says the division is a symptom. The disease is a separation of ideologies. We used to debate policy because our values largely aligned as a population, so division was less because the distance between left and right was less. Now we debate ideology, and that's a much wider chasm to cross, hence more division. A very divisive corporate news media doesn't help either. That's right, we do have a divisive media. That's how they keep you engaged. At this point, it's almost as blatant as capitalism, meritocracy, and traditional Western values versus Marxism and a myriad of faults both culturally and fiscally.
Speaker 8: Hmm, very well, I mean we got some.
Speaker 6: This guy says.
Speaker 1: Progressives are more hateful. For example, just take a look at the View. I don't know that program. The View. Tom Barack Obama was the initial great divider president. He divided races in order to help get elected. I don't remember him doing that, but okay. He divided by gender to get elected. He divided by income to get elected. He divided by morality as well. Wow, it's amazing how many people are texting about this. Tom Trump did say many migrants were fine people, he said, basically, he said that first coming down the escalator. He said he he's often said that that there are good people who protest, good people who counter protests.
Speaker 8: There are good people.
Speaker 1: Who are immigrants, by the way, And then he says, the liberals said he was talking about white supremacist when he said there's some good people, and he didn't mean that anyway. So this guy basically says the media just never reports any of the good things. He says, only the bad things. Three all three seven, one, three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Martino here three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Whatever is on your mind, give us a call. We got bob logan with us from Plumbline Services, by the way, and I just want to tell you if you get an HVAC system replaced, you get the furnace free. You got to call them for details three all three five eight six ten eighty six or go to plumb Line Services dot com. Getting a crapload of texts today and comments on whether or not people are influenced by politics when they buy a lot of people are saying they do they care, but it depends on how radical they are. They say. If they don't know, or people don't make a big point of it, they pretty much will will patronize the business, use the product service, but if they're really vocal on it, like Mike Lindel, My Pillow or some crazy lefty, they will not shop with them. There are some people's say they will never watch another DeNiro movie again. Others say they have stopped listening to Taylor Swift. I don't really know if I go that far, but I do know that if people are hateful, now that's different than just being politically in.
Speaker 8: Disagreement with me. I don't care about that.
Speaker 1: But if people do things the harm people, or they're just not good people, I think that would affect me more than anything. And again that would be my judgment. But I mean, I think it's pretty clear what we mean by that. All Right, I'm going to go to Deputy d who I hear what happened? Was here this woman or Glenn? I mean, he said that he went to a pep Boys on South Parker Road, thirteen ninety South park Road, and the service manager and that go Richardson Anko or whatever, he told him he had bad breaks and needed nine hundred dollars in repairs. Now we're running out of time. Do I hear the music? I heard it anyway, We're gonna have to come back to this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three.
Speaker 11: Oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Rip.
Speaker 2: You need advice so you don't have to.
Speaker 4: Come runs as we can, Shooter's gonna help come man, This is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martinez, Hey.
Speaker 1: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven to one three eight two five five. So we've had a number of discussions today, and I want to follow up on some of them. First of all, I have Flume Line Services with me. Bob Logan is with me. I've known him for years and years and and he didn't have any gray hair when I knew him at first. Never anyway, you can be part of the festivities by giving a call three h three Martino, and you can even leave a message.
Speaker 8: After ours we'll get back to you.
Speaker 1: Bob has an offer that if you are replacing your HVAC system, you get the furnace free. Somebody wanted to know about that. So what are the details. Let's get down to the nasty nitty gritty. So you you hike up the price so you can take off the furnace. Now I'm just kidding.
Speaker 8: Now, I know, I absolutely know that's not true.
Speaker 1: No, really, it's wonderful that you don't do that, But how does it work? Tell us the details.
Speaker 9: So we matched the furnace the air conditioning system that you buy. Again, just like an automobile, you can buy a budget simple system or there's really high end luxury systems and a lot in between. And so whatever air conditioner you buy in the furnace will match. We'll give you the free furnace. Now you will pay for the labor to install it. So on both sides, you paid for the labor, but the equipment itself, you know, which is typically up to around twenty five hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: All right, Now that is plumb Line Services Dot Calm, and I want to mention a few other things.
Speaker 8: We had a call about the Pep Boys.
Speaker 1: So this is right before the break okay, So thirteen ninety South Park Road, the service manager recommended a break job for nine hundred bucks, said you've got bad breaks. Two subsequent mechanics told Glenn that his breaks were fine. He's got everything in writing, including the Pep Boys proposal and the other two us saying he doesn't need breaks. I asked Deputy D to make a phone call. He was upset about it. I don't blame him now. He didn't spend the money. He did the smart thing. He got another opinion when he felt, you know, that was a little I don't know if he thought it was hasty or it was too expensive or whatever, but he wasn't having any symptoms. He had gone into Pep Boys for a oil change. So Deputy D, what did you find Tom?
Speaker 10: I spoke with mister Richardson, he's the service manager over at that particular Pep Boys, and he remembers the consumer very well, and he looked up the work order. The car went in for an oil change on the sixth of August and the consumer is quoted on that work order as having said, I'm not sure what breaks service I need. As a result, pep Boys provided a courtesy inspection of his breaks. The company's policy, it's it's important to note, is to recommend new break pads when existing brake pads reach for thirty seconds of friction.
Speaker 6: Material left on them.
Speaker 10: So pep boys does not have a record of what they measured out his pads at.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but pads wouldn't be nine hundred bucks.
Speaker 10: Well it's more than pads. What they recommended on that work order is front brake.
Speaker 1: Pet Wait, wait, did the service manager recall any offers on that?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he looked up the work worder, so he did admit it. Yeah, he admitted. Yeah, it's factually correct everything the consumer can't actually correct.
Speaker 1: So what did they What did pep boys recommend?
Speaker 10: So they recommended three line items front brake pads and front rotors, rear brake pads, and a brake fluid flush for a total of approximately nine hundred bucks, which frankly sounds reasonable to me.
Speaker 1: Well, if you did all of that but the two mechanics that he didn't need any of it, Well, that's what I meant, So what did they say about not needing it?
Speaker 8: They're sticking by their word that he does need it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they stand by their diagnosis.
Speaker 11: Oh they really do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I want.
Speaker 1: This guy to get a third one. And I swear to you. If they're sticking by this and it turns out to be a lie, I want to destroy him.
Speaker 10: Well, I got yeah, the reason, like, the only way to make it into a lie is if the consumer's brake pads did not measure thirty seconds or less.
Speaker 1: That's not that's not a way.
Speaker 8: He said he needed way more than brake pads.
Speaker 6: The pep boys said that he needs more than brake pads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all we have to do is get another mechanic like Kevin Kulk and his shirt and audos that to say he doesn't need all of that stuff. It's not difficult. First of all, measuring the brake pads is one part of it. For him to discern that he needed what break discs.
Speaker 6: In the front? He needed rotors discs?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, how did he discern that?
Speaker 10: Well, in my experience, you visually inspect the discs. You look for a lip forming on the outside perimeter. You also look for scoring so why would.
Speaker 1: Two mechanics tell him he does it? Or is this guy lying about the other two mccans. Here's what I want to do. I want to ask Glenn if he would take it to one of our people. I don't know where he was calling from, but he could probably take it over to if it was South Park Road Bake, take it over to Chimera Transmission.
Speaker 8: Just have him look at it.
Speaker 1: I really, I really want to know, because so what they said was they stand by their their diagnosis. Yes, for nine dollars in break work, all right, and that's disks, and that's or rotors, that's pads. What else?
Speaker 10: Flood flush was the third line item. Break fluid flush.
Speaker 1: Okay, somebody told me you never need a break fluid flush.
Speaker 8: You just keep you keep.
Speaker 1: Why would you have to flush break fluid?
Speaker 10: Well, I have an electronic device that I purchased, and you dip it into the break fluid and it tells you what the percentage of moisture is in it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I guess if you've never had it service.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it absorbs oisture from the air, and so once you get to a certain percentage, it needs to be flushed out.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I want to know, is this guy driving around because they said his brakes were bad and they needed to be replaced.
Speaker 10: They didn't use the word bad or did he explain the policy, which is if they measure four thirty seconds or less a friction material their policies to recommend replacement of the pads.
Speaker 1: And then I'm going to say this again, what's the policy for recommending the other stuff? I mean, did he mention what he does to recommend.
Speaker 10: Disks not discs rots? Did mention the fluid replacement recommendation? He said that that's an automatic recommendation when they do breaks.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, but nine hundred dollars does that sound? I want to can we get Sheridan on I want to ask him about the nine hundred bucks for that. Although I don't can pricing in any organization, including people on my referral list, I'd still like to get Kevin Colkins's idea of this. And then I'd like to know how do they come to the conclusion he needs new rotors, So two new rotors in the front pads all the way around and a flush nine hundred dollars? Why do you say that's reasonable?
Speaker 6: D oh?
Speaker 10: Well, look, I mean, mechanics charge what one hundred, one hundred and fifty dollars an hour nowadays, and this is this.
Speaker 6: Is probably a three hour job.
Speaker 9: I just had mine replace my brakes and pads, and I was just trying to find my quote. I guarantee it was more than nine hundred bucks. Well kind of car though, it's a Rolls Royce. No, no, but I mean it's not a Lincoln Navigator. Okay, but I didn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it was like twelve fourteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow, did you get a second opinion?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, I trust my mechanic.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that's different anyway.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: By the way, we also were talking about buying decisions and if they would be influenced by politics or by political ideology. And I have not heard anyone say yet that it doesn't influence them. Now, obviously it's skewed. Now now, I've had probably an equal number though, say if they were staunch conservatives, I'd avoid them.
Speaker 8: The others said if they were progressive.
Speaker 1: I'd do it. So it's not one or the other. Now, somebody says you need to check your break fluid because it does have Okay, that's exactly what this person moisture and that will affect calipers. So that's what you were saying, d And some one of my textures said, yes, that is a very important component. And then someone else said, here I remember why I sug oh, never mind, that's nothing to do with this car thing. Okay, hold on Tom. In Virginia to pass state inspection, minimum brake pads is two thirty seconds. The Colorado doesn't have these inspections. So what did they say?
Speaker 6: Their recommendation is thirty seconds?
Speaker 1: Or okay? All right? And then somebody else said, at one hundred and twenty five thousand miles on my Ford Ranger, I flushed the fluid three times. Calibers are in good shape and original I do it myself. Yeah, but obviously you know, I just don't know. To me, four thirty seconds is an empty pad? What does that?
Speaker 6: It's an eighth of an inch?
Speaker 1: Okay? And then what I don't understand is the nine hundred. Maybe that's a reasonable price. As Bob said, did you get rotors all the way around the bomb or did you get four wheel discs? Or do you don't have drums? And they don't make drums anymore? Do they not on car like Bob's.
Speaker 6: No, Bob, it's not that great.
Speaker 8: Did you have all four? Did you have rotors done too?
Speaker 1: Do you remember?
Speaker 9: I was trying to look at my because I had Okay, I want to see I want to see them whole bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 1: And I want to get Kevin on because I want to ask about it about that three or three seven one three talk seven one three. I can't believe the amount of texts I'm getting here about everything that I'm talking about. For some reason, people are texting rather than calling. One says, how sadly hypocritical. Harris and the liberals call Trump evil. Trump may be a jerk, but Harris and the Democrats support, even celebrate at rallies the killing of eighty thousand unborn, innocent babies every year.
Speaker 8: No evil there.
Speaker 1: And then somebody has said Trump did say many migrants are fine people.
Speaker 8: Yes, I heard that.
Speaker 1: And then someone said that how many people have tried to shoot Harris? None?
Speaker 8: And they don't encourage it either.
Speaker 1: I don't believe the Democrats encouraged the shooting of Trump or the attempting, but they certainly did say and I'll say this straight up. They said he is evil, he's a danger to democracy, and they've even said he'll pull down the country. I mean there might be people thinking they're doing their political duty by going after him.
Speaker 8: We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three out three, seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, so Larry, you got to comment on the new refrigeration AC stuff.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Larry, I can you hear me? Okay, Tom?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, okay.
Speaker 13: I have two older vehicles that use the R twelve refragrant. Yes, and which is a lower compression refrigerant in too. I've had a couple of well, they have leaked out all a refrigerant years ago and so they're not even opera both. But I've had a couple of estimates. I'm converting to the newer refrigerant, which you I'll break at a higher pressure, and so they have to replace the compressor and certain components of the refrigerator of the right system. Okay, is it possible to get the older professors rebuilt use the R twelve refrigerant?
Speaker 1: You know what, it's a totally different compression ratio. My gut is telling me that would be more trouble than it's worth. You you can replace I believe the compressor, but I'm not sure what your system has made. Bob. Do you have someone at that at the office.
Speaker 6: We could call who's talking about vehicles?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Wait, are you talking about vehicles? Yes, okay, let's ask something I could answer the question. Oh yeah, go ahead, Bob.
Speaker 17: So, Larry, if you want to change the newer refrigerant, you're going to have to change the compressor, of course, and I think you're going to have to change expansion valve in the core because it is higher pressure. Now, if you have a classic car, you can still buy the old R twelve refrigerant. And if you want to keep your car original, if it's like if it's a show car, you might want to consider keeping it.
Speaker 14: What is your the two vehicles, the.
Speaker 13: Two vehicles I have are one is the ninety one and one of them is eighty six. Both use as the R twelve. And I just happen to have twelve pint bands of R twelve that I could use. Oh, I'm wondering about getting the compressors rebuilt or replaced.
Speaker 17: There is a place where you can send your compressor, your R twelve compressor in and get them rebuilt. I believe they sell them on exchange. I'd have to look it up, but there is a place that does that, and I would keep it. I would keep it on your old refrigerant because the auto parts store, I believe, sell a substitute for R twelve, but you don't have to change any of the component.
Speaker 6: I think it's called hot shot.
Speaker 13: Okay, Well, I have a lot of the R twelve on hand that I've had for years and years.
Speaker 6: That's good. Our twelve is worth its weight in gold.
Speaker 1: I know it.
Speaker 13: I was told that it's probably close to one hundred dollars a can, and I have twelve can it so.
Speaker 6: Geez, probably more.
Speaker 17: But there is a place where you can exchange your compressor. If you want to leave your number, I can look it up and call you.
Speaker 1: You were talking about vehicles, right, bo, this is automobile referra. Our twelve is automobile refrigerate. Okay, because I know, I know you've been in I've been in the trade a little bit, right, okay, okay.
Speaker 13: And I also have a comment about the political atmosphere nowadays.
Speaker 1: Oh I want to know, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 13: Oh, I find it. Years ago most people were fairly passive about their political opinions, and then more recently, more like when Obama took over, the liberals became passive aggressive or the beginning of his presidency, and then towards the end they were very aggressive, and now they have become hateful. Republicans are still Conservatives are still kind of passive aggressive or passive aggressive, or even mostly passive. They only react to anger or hate from the liberals.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know what I have actually, Larry, at the risk of being unpopular here, I agree with you. I think a lot of the conservatives just want to be left the frick alone, and they want to just believe what they believe. And I know they're going to be people saying, oh no, they push their beliefs on everyone.
Speaker 8: Now, I will say, some of the religious ones do.
Speaker 1: I will say though, politically, they just want to be accepted and listen to. And I do believe they react. You're right, that's the impression I get. I just can't believe the attacks that a lot of progressive or liberal people take, especially the more left they are.
Speaker 8: And I guess again people.
Speaker 1: Are gonna say, well, Tom, they're radical, right, they're crazy people, And then they always bring up January sixth, and I will say this, Okay, that January sixth thing.
Speaker 8: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: I swear to God, I don't think that people are trying to take over the country. I think they were idiots and they just got into this crowd mentality thing. But I truly don't believe they were trying to take over the country. And it's amazing how they're so quick to call that an insurrection. Yet we had so many people during Black Lives Matter and similar kind of protests with Antifa who have taken over government buildings all over the country and occupied city blocks, and we're never ever ever called insurgents. Isn't that amazing? It's amazing how bad guys on one side are worse than bad guys on the other, depending on what side you're on. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven to one, three out, eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven on three eight two five five. Okay, so Dean, you have a comment on refrigerator refrigerant now is that for domestic ac or cars?
Speaker 14: Well, the principle of both of them is the same thing. The R twelve or R thirty one, thirty four or whatever it is you want to call it. Free on pre On just a trade name that was made by duponk oh Okay, all right, they get the new gen was made by General Electric. They all have their trade name. So you got the pre On. Associate that with duponked okay, okay, now, and that was R twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 14: I worked around this stuff for quite a while, and but one guy in the I knew this was going to come up. The guy called in and wants to convert this R twelve to try to rebuild this thing. And then I think your your guests, Bob, he was talking these different refrigerates that's called.
Speaker 16: The drop in.
Speaker 14: Is that trick?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 14: Okay, is he still there?
Speaker 6: Yes he is, Yeah, I think it was. I think it was buld I was talking about that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, okay. Anyway, that the just the the street term would be a drop in, okay. And these companies make this drop in to try to work around these new E p A guidelines. Okay, So because and the older refrigerants, R twelve is out there it's very expensive trying to use it, and it's very good at what it does. Used to they could get and I've worked on I worked on cryogenics. You know what that is.
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, it's freezing stuff.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's freezing stuff. It's at a level that you don't see you only in the industrial stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 14: And anyway, so to get down to those levels, you're you're talking one hundred and fifty blow zero, so you know, and the refrigerants that we use or that you can get normally, you just can't go buy that stuff. You have to have it made. Okay. But anyway, but trying to that's that's getting too technical. This back to this drop in. Yeah, this stuff as the EPA keeps kind of crunched down. People have this equipment and they have they get a leak, for example, and then Bob goes out and says, you're one of got Bob's guy says, you got a leak. Here, it's a R twenty two system. It's going to cost you a lot to fix it. You might as well just switch it on over at four A right, right, would you agree, Bob?
Speaker 6: That's correct?
Speaker 14: Yes, okay, And here's the here's the deal. These drop ins and there was a company that did a lot of this called blue On. Have you ever heard of them, Bob?
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 6: They came and talked to me at one point.
Speaker 14: Okay, did you do any business with them?
Speaker 1: What do they do? Dean? What do they do?
Speaker 14: They were dropping? They manufacture a drop of bridger?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 14: Okay, now, Bob, you've also heard of Haines Train. Probably, yes, Okay, there was a federal lawsuit between blue On and Haines Train. And Haines Train is a big, big mechanical operation. I've been retired for about six seven years out of this and a couple of guys that I'd worked with, and Haines Train did the same stuff that we did, big commercial industrial stuff.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 14: One of the guys that I had worked with went to work for Haines Trained.
Speaker 1: So tell us, tell us about get back to the home units.
Speaker 14: Yeah, okay, Well that's why I just know quite a bit about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Vestus, you've heard of Vestus? Yes, that's just had one hundred rooftops that they wanted to the Investige wants to go green, they want to get red as at R twenty two. But they don't want to buy a bunch of new equipment. So they switch over and blue On says, we've got just the stuff for you. It's friendly Da da da, and and Bob this is this is their facility in Keble, Colorado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but tell us how this affects homeowners and stuff and make it relevant to him.
Speaker 14: Now, it affects homeowners is because just like that guy called in wanting to buy, or your guys suggests you hot shot okay as a drop in, try to okay, that's how the residential guys are going to try to work around this because it's too expensive to buy real R twenty two. You can still get it, but the taxes on it is why it's so expensive, and they quit manufacturing it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 14: And so the guy said he's got all the chart twelve. That's great, but it doesn't do him any good anymore because the equipment it's just outdated. It's like an old computer, you know, and and the newer stuff it gets its ability to do what it does. True company.
Speaker 1: So so, Dean, I love all of this information, but where are we going with it? How do we make this practical for the homeowner.
Speaker 14: To stay away from the drop ins. Okay, okay, And if you want to check out a million dollar lawsuit, look at Pains Trained versus Blue On.
Speaker 1: So you're saying a drop in does not work basically.
Speaker 14: The ones that everyone that I've fooled with and had been around and we've I worked for a big company and we we've worked with that big hundred.
Speaker 1: Ton and yeah, and you're saying they don't work. That's that's that's the short answer. They don't work.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I just you know, the the most classic perfect cases, though, is the Vestus trying to change over a hund Gropps and every one of them get screwed up.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, I want to ask you something. Is that the same Vestus that makes the windmills?
Speaker 14: That's it, that's one of their plans.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, listen, Dean, thank you for the education. But bottom line, he's saying it doesn't work. Just switch the new system, right Bob.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't try to fight progression. It's it's uh, you know, it went from R twenty two to R four ten. Now it's going from R four ten to R thirty two. And and.
Speaker 6: You can if the refrigent is available to maintain it that's fine, but.
Speaker 1: If it's not, it gets cost prohibitive.
Speaker 9: Once it gets to that point, like right now, anybody who has an R twenty two unit needs to upgrade it, and same thing you know four ten will be the same here in a few years where it just does not make sense to maintain it anymore.
Speaker 1: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Appreciate you being here and very active. Show Bob Logan has been with me. We've been talking about all of the new stuff going on in technology with the HVAC refrigerants and some of this stuff. It's going to pay to change out anyway because of efficiencies and because of new refrigerants, and basically pricing, because prices are not going down. If you're limping along on a system and needs major repairs, I really suggest you look into replacing right now with Plumbline. You go and get a system done, and you get the furnace free, and they'll give you all the details. So give them a call three oh three, five eight six, ten eighty six plumb Line Services dot com. I can't keep up with the texts that are coming into both my private Google cell seven four seven nine nine nine fifty eighty and my iHeart five seven seven three nine on the the political atmosphere and how it's affecting buying decisions. If you recall, I'm not trying to tell people how to vote, when to vote, where to vote, what to vote for. I don't care what your ideology, as we help everyone. But it is amazing to me how from these texts I have a blended audience, which I like. I think that's great, but man, it's amazing how many people say if they find out you're radical one way or the other, that it's going to affect what they do. It's definitely going to affect what they do. And a lot of the text, which I didn't read individually, believe they truly believe that the Democrats are the ones that will stop at nothing, at nothing to get rid of political opponents, which is frightening. And they're talking a lot about the law fair or going after the just Department, going after political enemies, and then of course Trump made that remark, if they're going to come after me, maybe I'll go after them, and blah blah blah, and then of course you just the rhetoric goes on and on and on. So it's really quite quite an interesting observation I found on the show. So I believe that businesses should probably keep their political ideology to themselves when it comes to public forms. Really, I mean, obviously you can believe what you want, but I think when it comes to public forums, you can be in pretty big trouble with a big segment of your audience. One thing I also one thing I also thought that was strange are how celebrities entertainers believe that somehow we care about who they're going to vote for. I really, why is that? I don't know why. I mean, why do they feel that they have some special anointing to tell us about political views? Because they do. I mean almost every day I get emails from celebrities for the Harris campaign talking about how they are voting for Camel and why we should stay away from Trump. It's amazing to me. Now listen as always. Oh, by the way, speaking of that, a man was arrested outside of a campaign rally. This was in southern California with multiple guns that were illegally in his possession, with multiple rounds of ammunition. This was done. This was done the other day, right before a Trump rally, and the Riverside County Sheriff says deputies probably prevented another assassination attempt. Speaking of which, that was Saturday, October twelfth, at five o'clock basically California time. That was just the other day. Okay. Another thing I want to mention is that we have a survey that was taken of television providers other than over the air antennas, right, and do you know that the number one TV provider, this is what's amazing to me, was YouTube TV. I have YouTube TV, by the way, that gets you local channels, that get you network TV that gets you everything you need. Number two was Hulu Live. Now. I like Hulu Live. It's not a bad service, but YouTube TV is cheaper. And by the way, by a long shot, YouTube TV number one, Hulu number two Sling. I did not know Sling offered a TV service for general TV now. By the way, just so you know, this is at the expense of cable. More and more people are disconnecting cable, and the only thing cable companies are doing, or one of the major things they're doing right now, is simply providing the pipe, but no longer the programming. Well, Comcast still does them. I don't really know how long that's going to go on, because really, I think what Comcast should do, if they're smart, is convert to a system like this, is actually convert to like a Hulu or a YouTube TV and become a streaming service for the locals and for TV providers. Why bother trying to do that old fashioned model of delivering programming at specific times over cable. I mean, who the hell is going to make appointment TV anymore? And after Sling TV Fubo, never heard of them, and last which I knew would be direct TV stream. They're terrible. Anyway, I'm Tom Martino. Thanks for joining us. I want to tell you to please tune in tomorrow. Don't forget our YouTube channel, Troubleshooter Network if you want to listen to anything that's been going on. And three zero three Martina