Speaker 1: Welcome to Transformation Church Podcast, where we represent God to the lost and found for transformation in Christ. We're so glad you're here and wherever you're listening from, we believe God will transform your life. Do today's message.
Speaker 2: Hope you're well this morning.
Speaker 3: If we haven't got a chance to meet, my name is Charles, and I get to serve on our team here.
Speaker 4: I'm grateful that you're here today.
Speaker 3: Shout out to all our first time guests. I hope you're yes, give it up for all the first time Yes, hope you're enjoying yourself. Hope you met somebody kind, if you if you met somebody that wasn't kind.
Speaker 4: They don't go here, they're just visiting, non joking, they're.
Speaker 2: Visiting from another church. No, no, we're all.
Speaker 3: The truth is, we're all just a bunch of regular people who've met a completely irregular God who has changed our life and means everything to us. And when we get the chance to sing about it and talk about it, it's a big deal.
Speaker 4: And that's what we're about to do.
Speaker 3: We're about to read the Bible greatest selling book of all time always my fun Factor, most stolen book of all Time, which is awesome. Shout out to the Bible. But we're going to read that word that we were talking about. This book is not just a book. The truth is, it outpaces outweighs every other ancient manuscript ever. Like I'm not talking about religious books. I'm talking about any history book ever made. This one trump's it by a thousand. And I'm not talking like because it's spiritual. It is deeply spiritual. I'm just talking about, like I could go down the facts of like the copies of like Caesar's history that you read in your history book. We have like ten copies of that left like to this day, and we have like six thousand of this that date back further.
Speaker 4: So I'm not gonna cook.
Speaker 2: You on that.
Speaker 3: But if you believe that like Caesar was a real person, or Alexander the Great or Homer's Iliad, it takes way more faith factually to look at ancient manuscripts and think that that's really what happened than it does our book. We have more books of this book than any other ancient book ever in the history of the world.
Speaker 2: That's a fact.
Speaker 3: Chat gpt it, look it up on Google, ask your grandmother.
Speaker 2: It's a fact. So when people come up in here like I don't.
Speaker 3: Know about the Bible, Well you don't know about history, then you got a questions with the Bible. You should be questioning everything in that history book.
Speaker 2: We have more.
Speaker 3: Factual evidence that Jesus was a real person than we do Abraham Lincoln facts.
Speaker 2: I'm not making this up, Go check it.
Speaker 3: So when we gather in here today, yes, there is a supernatural element of what we're doing, but we ain't dummies up in here. Don't get it twisted.
Speaker 2: Tell me over there.
Speaker 3: All faith is for people who just need a c and really can't bru Get out of here.
Speaker 2: The God I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Is the only creation story that makes sense of all this stuff you talk about. Some gods was worn up in the sky slid in half, and that made the sun.
Speaker 2: Get out of here.
Speaker 3: My God was standing outside of time, and then he created time, and he placed everything I know in time, so at the right time I would be on time, because my God is over time. Get out of here, Bro, get out of here. That weak stuff. You don't want to go bar for bar with this book. Bro, Get out of here. Don't make no sense. Don't make no sense. People who talk about the people who believe in the Koran and believe.
Speaker 2: In that book. That book says their book is only valid if our book is valid.
Speaker 3: So if our book ain't valid, then your whole joint ain't valid.
Speaker 2: Get out of here.
Speaker 3: Your whole book is based off the fact that our book is real.
Speaker 4: Bruh, I would fight you so dug so lame. Don't even make no sense.
Speaker 2: This is why you gotta know the Bible.
Speaker 3: Because you be scrolling on TikTok and some fourteen year old talk you out of your faith. Oh he said that, you know, it's not even plausible, that.
Speaker 2: Plausible that what.
Speaker 3: Every other book, this other thing that don't make no sense. Every other book was written by one person, and it got contradictions. We got thousands of different people from thousands of different times, all telling the same story. Which book you gonna trust one person telling you how it went? Or thousands of years of different people prophesying about a man that it all came to pass. It all happened exactly as they said it would.
Speaker 2: Get out of here. Your book is.
Speaker 3: Weak, lame, bruh, don't make no sinse y'all don't know how law, the court of law work you gotta have multiple witnesses. Jesus appeared to five hundred people at the same time. Don't nobody do that. This ain't no like I know. He kind of looked like jo that is him. Holes in his hand, put the hole in my side. I'll give you all the facts you want to. Let me tell you some. Jesus ain't afraid of facts or science. He made all of that for the spirit of God was hovering over the earth, and God said, let us make man in our image.
Speaker 2: He ain't worried about this brouh Oh, my goodness.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just trying to tell you because you think we in here fighting book to book.
Speaker 2: No, we not.
Speaker 3: This is not equal. You might be playing, but we are not the same. We are not the same. Don't get it to it. I love you, I've congratulations to you.
Speaker 2: I hope that that works out.
Speaker 3: But if you looking for the truth, not a truth, D way, the truth, D life, D King of kings, D Lord of lords, we got the one right here and his name is Jesus, and there's no other way.
Speaker 2: And I'll stand on it ten toes. If you look in I can save you some time. He's the one you're looking for. He's the one that made you. He's the one you need.
Speaker 3: His name is Jesus, and he's coming back one day. Every knee is gonna have to bow at some point, So I'm just trying to save you some time and low key, some embarrassment.
Speaker 2: You might want to just go ahead. You can live your whole life by yourself if you want to, But.
Speaker 4: Not me.
Speaker 3: King of kings. He's not eight king. He's the king, the only one. Jesus is King.
Speaker 2: That's it, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, don't play with me. Noah, bro, get out of here. Can't nobody mess with our king. Man, and don't know.
Speaker 2: Nobody else tell you otherwise.
Speaker 3: They don't know. They don't know, all right, John, Chapter number eight. Y'all just go ahead and rock with me. Man, We're gonna do it two weeks in a row. Stay back there, let's go, let's do it. Let's do it, John, chapter number eight. Starting in the first verse, you already know. Gotta break out the readers, John chapter number eight.
Speaker 2: Jesus returned.
Speaker 3: To the Mount of Olives, but early the next morning he was back again at the temple. A crowd soon gathered around, and he sat down and taught them. As he was speaking, the teachers of the religious law and the scrubs, I mean, sorry, the.
Speaker 4: Bums of the day. Sorry.
Speaker 3: The Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. How you catch her, though, that's my question. We'll talk about that in a second.
Speaker 2: They put her in front of the crowd.
Speaker 3: Teacher, they said, Jesus, this woman was caught in the act.
Speaker 4: You nasty boy. That's what's wrong with you. We caught her in the act of adulttery.
Speaker 3: The Law of Moses says, to stone her.
Speaker 4: But what do you say.
Speaker 3: They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him. But Jesus stooped down and he rolled in the dust with his finger.
Speaker 4: They kept demanding an answer.
Speaker 3: So he stood up and he said, all right, but let the one who has never sinned.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to stone people? Okay, back, yeah, let's do it. Get the stones.
Speaker 3: Out, but real quick, before you do that, let the one who has never stinned stone them first. Then he stooped down again and rode in the dust. When the accusers heard this, they slipped away.
Speaker 4: One by one.
Speaker 3: Here's an interesting detail, and this is where maturity comes in, because it says the oldest.
Speaker 4: Slipped away first, because they know how they used to get down. I said, O iron, If that's I'm gonna have to go ahead, and.
Speaker 3: Until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd.
Speaker 4: Then Jesus stooped up again said to the woman.
Speaker 2: Where are your accusers? Didn't even one of them condemn you.
Speaker 3: This language is interesting because we don't know this woman's theological background.
Speaker 4: We don't know if she's prayed the sinner's prayer yet.
Speaker 3: But in this interaction and how Jesus moves her, she doesn't speak any words except for these words. And we can tell there's a transformation in your heart because she doesn't say no Jesus. She doesn't say no sir, she doesn't say no man. She says no Lord. And Jesus said, neither do I go and sin no more. We're gonna keep it rocking from last week, and I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to preach. It's the title of this week's sermon.
Speaker 3: Three powerful words you never forget in your life.
Speaker 4: You're gonna need it.
Speaker 3: I was right, I was right. There was sometimes that I was wrong and it wasn't many times, but there were a few times.
Speaker 4: I was right. I was right. I was right.
Speaker 2: Jesus, Thank you.
Speaker 4: For your grace, for your love, for your mercy, for your kindness.
Speaker 3: Thank you that you're the only reason we are in right standing with God, that you made us right when we were so wrong. The scripture says that he who knew no sin became sin so we could become the righteousness of God.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 3: We thank you for your grace, for your mercy. Would you encounter us Jesus is our prayer. Amen, Amen, Amen, we meet this story. And this is actually a controversial story in the early writings and theology and theologians of the Church, because Jesus is kind of wiling when it comes to how they thought he was supposed to act when it came to a situation like this. In early writings of the Bible, some people are arguing that they should try to take this little story out because Jesus is being.
Speaker 2: Too unclear with this bad woman.
Speaker 3: And here's what I want to talk about today.
Speaker 4: It is this is kind of the anchor of the sermon, which.
Speaker 2: Is fear.
Speaker 3: Will doesn't just make you afraid of being wrong. We talked about that last week. But fear has this other thing.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 3: It makes you desperate to prove how right you are. It works both ways. Fear, what have you scared that you're going to be wrong? And so you spend your whole life anxious and worried and afraid and trying to control situations and trying.
Speaker 2: To do stuff. But the other thing fear does is it makes you so desperate.
Speaker 3: That it's not enough just to be right. You gotta make sure everybodybody else knows you're right. And this is what the Pharisees are doing. They're trying to make sure they're right.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing about being right.
Speaker 4: You can be right at the wrong time.
Speaker 3: You can be right about the wrong stuff. There's this story me and my wife, and also just by the way I get all permission to tell these stories. Somebody are like, I don't like how he'd be talking about Abby.
Speaker 4: Don't worry. I clear them before I get up here.
Speaker 3: Me and Abby first year of marriage, super late and we're on our phone and we see our friends they post.
Speaker 4: I mean it's literally like midnight. They post just a picture and it's their house, and their house is like in ashes.
Speaker 3: There had been a fire, electrical fire that happened to their home, and they're standing there and me and Abby immediately jump in the car drive to their house.
Speaker 4: We show up, like what are you doing here? Like we saw what that hap? Are you all okay? What's going on? They're like, yeah, there was electrifier. We weren't home. We came home, our house had burned out.
Speaker 2: So we're standing there.
Speaker 3: We literally are walking through the home picking up stuff that they love, memories, pictures, photos, were walking through the house, seeing what we can say.
Speaker 2: We're bringing it out to the front yard. We're doing all that, and then we make our way to the front yard. We're just standing there and they're a complete utter shock.
Speaker 4: Standing at their home. Their dreams, their life, their future is burned down. And we're standing there.
Speaker 5: And Abby Rose, the love of my life. Abby used to she's not a way at all, but Abby used to when we first got together. We were super young, and Abby didn't really do well like sitting in just really awkward, hard moments.
Speaker 3: Her blessing and her beauty. She's always going to find the positive thing. So here's what she does. We're standing in the front yard of our friends burnt down house and they're just like shocked, and Abby.
Speaker 4: Goes, well, Alicia, you get insurance money.
Speaker 2: You can rebuild the whole thing, right, And I remember, like, ain't no way this girl just said that because she was right.
Speaker 3: Technically, But just because you're right, don't mean you have to be right right now now before you go off laughing at that. This is what our society has become. The only way to know I'm right is to tell you right now how right I am, regardless of what it costs, regardless of who.
Speaker 2: It hurts, regardless of how it makes anybody else feel.
Speaker 3: If I'm right, I don't care because I'm right and I'm right right now. There's this phenomenon that has happened in culture. You may not have noticed it, but they did the study and they talked about where the endorphins and the high quote unquote of going to a concert has shifted over the years.
Speaker 2: Because the exciting part of.
Speaker 3: Going to a concert used to be going to the concert.
Speaker 2: It's not that way no more then it used to be.
Speaker 3: It fluctuated in the generation that going to the concert it was going to the concert and then being able to like video and experience it with your friends and then watch those videos later because you had access to relive the moment.
Speaker 2: That's not what it is anymore. You know what.
Speaker 3: Studies say the greatest part of going to a concert in everybody's subconscious is the moment they post.
Speaker 2: To show everybody else where they were.
Speaker 3: Why Because there's something in us that feels like it's not enough. If I was just there, you gotta know it, and I gotta prove it to you.
Speaker 4: And this is what fear does.
Speaker 3: Fear has us walking around trying to prove stuff to people. Prove that your church is right, Prove that the person you follow is right. Prove that your president is right. Prove that your way of raising kids is right. Prove that what you eat is right and what they eat is wrong. And the best way to gain an audience is to make it about.
Speaker 2: Who's right and I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Here's a little sideways rant that ain't got nothing to do with y'all in here. I'm just gonna whoop throw this one out there. It's the lamest thing a preacher can do to build a church off of making other people wrong.
Speaker 2: And I'm not talking about religion like I just did. I'm talking about people.
Speaker 3: Will pick a side and they demonize the other side and they build their church because I like that past that he stands on the truth.
Speaker 2: No, you mean he don't like who you don't like.
Speaker 3: That's what you mean. Let's call a spade a spade. There's only one truth you get to stand on in here. And it's not opinions, and it's not policies, and it's not people. It's the man, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: But it's so easy to be right, but it's so wrong. And this is the.
Speaker 3: Playing field of John ad Jesus in the temple. He's sitting there, he's teaching, and it's actually kind of a familiar scene because it involves a woman.
Speaker 2: Making her way through a crowd. To Jesus.
Speaker 4: There's only a slight difference.
Speaker 3: This woman is not making her way through a crowd under her own volition.
Speaker 4: She's being drug by pastors and preachers.
Speaker 2: We just read the Bible like it ain't real. Imagine this. We are in the middle of church.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting down here, Jesus himself is up up on the stage, and some small group leaders and Bible study leaders start dragging a naked woman, starting from the back against her will as she fights them, and they drag her to the front of the stage and throw her down.
Speaker 4: This is John ed.
Speaker 2: Friend.
Speaker 3: They're not concerned with the question they're about to ask. They could care less what the law says. The scriptures tell us this. They don't care about this woman. They don't care about right and wrong. They don't care about what Moses says in Deuteronomy seventeen and Leviticus twenty two.
Speaker 2: They that could care less about that. They care about trapping Jesus.
Speaker 3: This is what you think you're right. You'll do anything to prove you'll step over people. And here's the worst thing that happens. You dehumanize people.
Speaker 4: This is what the comment section does to us.
Speaker 3: You think you ain't talking to a real person. You think it's just a little bubble. So you start ripping, saying stuff, talking crazy, And.
Speaker 2: This is what happens in the story.
Speaker 3: They are dragging a woman in front of Jesus because.
Speaker 2: They're right, and guess what they are. They're right one hundred percent except for a few small details.
Speaker 3: They find themselves in the middle of Jesus, and they rhetorically say teacher, kind of sarcastically, because they don't they don't follow him as a teacher. We got this woman in the act of adultery, and the law of Moses says we should stone her.
Speaker 4: What do you say? And Jesus is about to execute to perfection grace and truth.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something about grace and truth. Because we get this conflicted. We think these are signs. Some churches are a grace church, some churches are a truth church. Let me tell your friend, is both at the same time.
Speaker 2: Because the truth is grace is how Jesus works. The most clear, potent truth and human.
Speaker 3: History is that for God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that who soever black, white, tall, short, whosoever would believe in him, would not perish, but.
Speaker 2: Have everlasting life. That's the truth, and it's full of grace.
Speaker 3: And sometimes the most gracious thing I could do is tell you the truth.
Speaker 4: It's not either or it's both.
Speaker 3: And today we're gonna take a few moments and I want to show you, for the life of Jesus, three ways on how to be right.
Speaker 4: If you want to be right, how do I know I'm right? How do I make sure that I'm right? How do I know how do I know.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you three easy ways to know you're right based off how Jesus navigates a situation where right and wrong are being thrown in his face. First thing, if you want to know you're right, first thing Jesus does is is he slows down.
Speaker 2: Fear of proving that you're right.
Speaker 3: Well, have you speeding up the situation. You ever been in an argument and you know you right?
Speaker 4: You just wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: That's not how it went.
Speaker 3: I know, no out because something about that, the pride of being right, and when you know it, it had to be ready to fire off, ready to say something, wishing they would question, wishing somebody would look at you sideways, wishing you because there's something about being right that humans can't handle all too well. We start to carry this arrogance, we start to carry this intensity, we start to carry where we stop looking at people as people and we just start thinking, oh, I'm about to prove my point. And let me tell you, friend, I'm just as jacked up as the next one because I will be in argument with my wife and she make one wrong step and I'm like, damn, got her already?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 2: I mean, I talk for a living.
Speaker 3: So when you if you say that, oh, I'm about to blow this out of proportion and use that comparison and make an analogy and just take that thought all the way to the end and.
Speaker 6: Blow up this argument. Come on, oh man, I be so wrong when I'm right, so wrong?
Speaker 2: Know when I'm right?
Speaker 3: And if we're supposed to be followers of Jesus, I would argue to you your greatest testimony and test it's not only how you handle being wrong, but how you handle being right. Because it's our being right that gets us in trouble a lot of times. It's our being right that has us looking down at people were called to love.
Speaker 4: It's our being right that trips us up.
Speaker 3: Jesus slows down the moment, Jesus, what do you say, Jesus don't.
Speaker 2: Say, nothing, says. He stops, and he does something interesting.
Speaker 4: He stoops down.
Speaker 3: And he begins writing in the dust. Now we don't know what he's writing.
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 3: I can say though a lot of the audience, especial ascribes in the Pharisees, would have had Jeremiah seventeen memorized. Jeremiah seventeen says, those who are in the ill, or the anger of the Lord.
Speaker 4: Their names will be written in the dust.
Speaker 3: Or my king gets down with this book because he is the book.
Speaker 2: Well, Jesus, he stops and he steals. Notice the order.
Speaker 3: He stoops before he speaks. He stoops before he speaks. This is my beef with a lot of us. We don't want to stoop down to anybody's level. We want to talk about them from up here. And to be honest with you, I don't want to hear nothing you have to say.
Speaker 2: If you ain't stooped recently, this will get me messed up.
Speaker 3: Don't come in here talk about how right you are about this group of people, and you don't nobody know nobody in that group. You ain't stooped. You ain't never been on their level. You ain't never talked to nobody. You ain't never been.
Speaker 2: In their pain.
Speaker 3: You ain't ever asked them what's that actually like? You ain't never stepped out of your personal comfort bubble.
Speaker 2: I'm right, so I get to say it, Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, you're right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 4: But when Jesus is right, he stoops down. Because this is the story of God in the beginning was the Word. The Word was God, and was with God. In word became.
Speaker 3: Flesh and dwelt among us. For we do not have a high priest who cannot relate to us, for he was tempted in every way.
Speaker 2: This is the gospel. I stuck. I get on your level, don't get it twisted. I'm about to say the truth.
Speaker 3: I'm about to say some real But before I say anything, let me be clear what being right looks like. It's not standing lording over people. It's getting down next to people in the dirt, with people, with people that said you can't eat with sinners and Jesus.
Speaker 2: They're not qualified to be a disciple. And do you see what they look like? He says, no, No, I know I'm right.
Speaker 3: But because I'm right, I can let you think I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: See, the Pharisees are unsure footing. They don't know if they're right.
Speaker 3: And when you don't know you're right, you'll do anything to prove it to anybody. So Jesus scoops down and he slows down the moment. And I don't know what that looks like for you, but some of you, if you start to feel like, oh, I'm right, I know, I know. Just let's slow down for a second. First of all, are you actually right?
Speaker 4: Because you would be.
Speaker 3: Quick to be like, oh yeah, I'm out of here, But are you actually right? Okay, yes you are, Okay, you're right, But it is right now, the time to be right. We're not good at this because we like to spiritualize stuff to a level that is unhealthy people.
Speaker 2: Going through hard stuff. You at a funeral talk about well, you come on.
Speaker 3: We ain't got nothing to be sad about. They ain't heaven. Why you're sad? Why am I sad? I will hit you in your face.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Why am I sad? Because I loved them? Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Technically, one day I will see them in heaven. And Esus weft before he raised last red back to the dead, back from the dead. We have a king that knows, not just that he is right, but when is the time to be right?
Speaker 2: Slow down?
Speaker 4: Jesus stoops down.
Speaker 3: And the next thing you do, if you're trying to stand and be right, is you got to slow down.
Speaker 4: But Jesus does stand firm.
Speaker 2: He does not fluctuate the truth at all. He knows the truth.
Speaker 3: So well he cooks the people who are trying to cook one of his children, little tidbit, Be careful whose kids you mess with.
Speaker 2: I ain't that tall and I don't weigh that much. But if you mess with.
Speaker 3: Him at cash, you will rule the dead.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 3: If you beat me up the first time, I will, I will go regroup.
Speaker 4: Come, I'm gonna go regroup.
Speaker 2: You gotta regroup, but.
Speaker 3: I'll show back up the next day on your front door.
Speaker 2: I'm back, and I got Aaron and Scott and.
Speaker 3: They you know, they'll handle it if I can't handle it.
Speaker 2: So why are you out here and ripping off talking about wrong and talking down to people. Just remember whose kids you're talking about.
Speaker 4: He stands firm.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about how Jesus just cooks them because Jesus knows the law. They're saying, Jesus, you know, technically, and they're referencing the Book of Leviticus, in the book of Gearrotomy. They're saying, God, if there's adultery that's happened, she should be stoned.
Speaker 4: And they're right kind of.
Speaker 3: Because the scriptures say that they're both accusers, both.
Speaker 2: People who are in the wrong. Gotta be there.
Speaker 4: Where the brother at.
Speaker 2: Where's your friend?
Speaker 3: Many theologians and writers believe they got somebody they knew, because how else they know where she's sleeping out, when she's sleeping out, who's she's sleeping with?
Speaker 2: And how to friend?
Speaker 4: Go on?
Speaker 2: How you know that? How you know where she was gonna be, at.
Speaker 3: What time she was gonna be, and she was gonna be close enough there to the temple that you could track her there? How'd you find that out?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: Because you don't care about people. You're using people to prove your points. And Jesus knows this, so he says, Okay, you want to get down, Sure, let's throw stones because you're right technically. But before you do, whoever hasn't sinned, get your first stone and go ahead, brother, And he's standing on gray sand truth because they knew what the laws said, but they didn't know why the law said what is said.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing about Jesus. He knows what it says, but I also know why.
Speaker 3: It says what it says, And it says in John three sixteen, we know this one for God so love the world that he gave his only son. They're wh's whoever believed him in not Paris, but have everlasting life. But do you know John three seventeen.
Speaker 4: For I did not come into the world to condemn the world.
Speaker 3: So God does not use his truth to make people smaller. That's not how you know you're right. When you make people small, That is not mean you're right.
Speaker 2: You may be.
Speaker 3: Technically right, but friend, you're so wrong.
Speaker 2: Because Jesus he stands on the truth.
Speaker 4: Yeah we can, let's do it. Let's go ahead. And the stoner. I know the law. I was there when it was written.
Speaker 2: I am the law. What are we talking about. I didn't come to abolish the law, but to fill the law. And here's where it gets fishing.
Speaker 4: Because people think this woman is skirting out of her punishment. Jesus knows in just a couple of weeks, I'm gonna pay for this.
Speaker 3: Punishment is just simply being postponed for a moment. But because he stands on the law, he knows there's gotta be a lamb to pay for this. And I know in a couple of days, I'm gonna be on a cross for this girl. He slows the moment down. He stands on the truth. And this is what I believe to be the lynchpin and the most intricate part of believers king and how we act when we are right.
Speaker 4: The last one is he uses the truth to set her free. You don't use the truth to trap people.
Speaker 2: I got convicted of this.
Speaker 4: I be I was talking with a friend about parenting.
Speaker 3: I think I've said this before, but every parent is guilty of the trick trap question.
Speaker 4: Yea kid walking got chocolate over the face. So do you have any chocolate?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: I didn't even what is chocolate? I ain't even never heard of chock.
Speaker 2: It's a trap. I know the truth, but I'm kind of trying.
Speaker 4: To Jesus don't do that. He uses the truth.
Speaker 3: For you shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Jesus leans down in the dust, he writes in the dust. He stands back up, and again he's standing on the law the language. Woman, where are your accusers? There has to be multiple accusers for you to be judged correctly. They've all left, and he wants her to know they're not here anymore. It's just me and you and they will take technically right. But I'm here so you can be righteous. And there's a difference between being right and righteous kind of similar.
Speaker 2: But right.
Speaker 3: Is about you and your judgment and interpretation of the scripture. Righteous is something only He can do. For he who knew no sin became sin, so we can become the righteousness of Christ. The goal as a follower of Jesus is not to run around parading how right you are, but the goal is to run around declaring the goodness of how righteous He made you.
Speaker 2: This is why Paul says, I'm a chief sinner.
Speaker 3: I'm the sinner above all sinners.
Speaker 7: But God made me right in any right I stand on is simply because of Him.
Speaker 3: You gotta slow down, you gotta stand firm, you gotta set free. And this is where we close and get out of here, and we go watch Brazil and Mexico win.
Speaker 4: That's the first time I sick has class all service. Go England.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm a spiritual man.
Speaker 2: I love you. It could be said, it should be said.
Speaker 3: That the most right a human has ever been in human.
Speaker 2: History is Jesus, while the people he created.
Speaker 3: Are beating him to where he is un recognizable. He's right about the law, he's right about humanity, he's.
Speaker 2: Right about every question.
Speaker 3: Perfect without sin dragging across up a hill. He is pinned to a cross, and he's right. He knows the consequence that should be happening to them, and he is right. Yet he lets them do it. Why because when you know you are eternally right, you're okay with being.
Speaker 2: A little earthly wrong.
Speaker 3: Because he knows I technically shouldn't be up here.
Speaker 2: It should be you up here.
Speaker 3: But Jesus knows I'm right about the right things. And because I know I'm right, I can let you think I'm wrong. I can let you think I'm.
Speaker 4: Crazy, the craziest one to me. I can let you think I'm weak.
Speaker 2: I think how confident the Roman soldiers.
Speaker 4: Feel of the Jews. He ain't nobody.
Speaker 3: Jesus knows with one snap he could snatch the breath out of their body. He could drop the whole audience that is making fun of him in a second if he wanted to. The earth is about to respond to the lack of life.
Speaker 2: In his body. The earth is about.
Speaker 3: To shake because the person that formed them is being beaten by its creation.
Speaker 2: He knows that he could call.
Speaker 3: Legions of angel armies at a moment.
Speaker 2: He knows who he is.
Speaker 3: He knows that he is the King and in three days he's about to get back up again.
Speaker 2: He knows that.
Speaker 3: This is the defining moment in human history. He knows he's right. But it's not just the fact that you're right, but how you're right. And so he says, I I'll let them think I'm weak. I'll let the devil think for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: He won because I know I'm right on this one.
Speaker 3: And friend, there's something about being right about the right things.
Speaker 4: It is my belief that the reason we read acts the way we do.
Speaker 3: Is because those guys saw it with their own eyes. They saw how many times Jesus didn't speak back. They saw how crazy his creation talked to him.
Speaker 4: And I think some of.
Speaker 2: Them disciples start to realize, wait, he's God, what.
Speaker 4: Did he he let?
Speaker 3: This is why Jesus, why Paul is so gangster?
Speaker 2: Jesus, you're gonna let them take you like that? Oh no, dog, I'm taking an ear or something. We can't.
Speaker 3: But they see the meekness of their savior, and there's something gangster about being that meek. The scariest people you meet in life are not the loud people trusting them. I'm one of them. You shouldn't be too afraid of me. My violence stops at the vocal cords once I run out of words. What it is people who real quiet? Some of the most deadly jokers up in this room right now looking at you, just like this, super smooth, super chill. If you ever get in a fight, don't worry about the friend.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh ahead, I promise you I will.
Speaker 4: That's not the person to be worried about.
Speaker 3: It's that one friend that come around the corner like this and then they some reason, their shoulders start dipping because they about to they about to catch up.
Speaker 2: It's like an angle thing.
Speaker 4: Come around.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. They come around just shoulder rotator cuff ripped out the socket when I was going up.
Speaker 4: They call that stole on somebody. You ever heard her it stole off? Yeah? I ain't never really stole off on nobody like that. But here's my encouragement friend this week.
Speaker 3: When that part of you that so desperately wants to be right shows up, slow down, take a deep brain. You in an argument with your spouse, I just don't even want to happened. Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: So what.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I remind myself all the time.
Speaker 3: It's I'll be going to argue in argument, and I think about, Okay, if this marriage is the house I live in, why am I finna tear up my own.
Speaker 2: Over being right? And there's some stuff that you're saying. You can't take it back. Man, So yeah, you were.
Speaker 4: Right, but now you alone. So I showed her no, you are now alone. So just be careful. It's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: You can stand firm at peace knowing that you have Jesus. I want to take a moment. I'm ask you about your heads and close your eyes. I'm ana pray over risk today that our fear of being wrong wouldn't have us fighting to prove we're right.
Speaker 2: Whether it's it's social media with the family member. There's some family members that.
Speaker 3: You know are wrong, and you so desperately think about the day when you prove that you were right.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, friend, that moment ain't gonna be a special as you think it is.
Speaker 3: Let it go, Let them think what they want to think, let it go. You're right, Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: Now what Jesus?
Speaker 3: We so desperately find ourselves struggling to be right.
Speaker 4: But the truth is.
Speaker 3: We have been wrong so many times, and sometimes we've been right and still wrong. And so Jesus, we come before you humbly right now, asking that you would make us right.
Speaker 4: You would make us right. Lord, forgive us where our pride has stood up.
Speaker 3: Try to show people who we were, what we knew, what we could do. There is nothing to prove in you. We can walk in peace. I pray this week that when we find ourselves fighting to be right, would we slow down, stand on your truth, and use the truth to bring freedom that every head bowed, every eye closed. Some of you are under the sound of my voice in this room right now. And there's one thing I would never want you to get wrong. And it would be wrong for you to think that you could do this by yourself.
Speaker 4: And when I say this, I mean life.
Speaker 3: Some of you are carrying pressure and weight and responsibility and it's overwhelming, and you're dealing with anxiety and fear and worry.
Speaker 4: And maybe nobody knows on.
Speaker 3: The outside, but on the inside you're filled with turmoil and doubt.
Speaker 4: Friend, you can be right today.
Speaker 3: You can make one decision that is the best decision that will change your life forever. And it's accepting Jesus your Lord and savior. And I promise you, if you get this thing right, you can get everything else wrong.
Speaker 4: But this is the one thing, the one moment that matters. If you're in this room or watching online and you want to.
Speaker 3: Accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, I'm telling you, friend, the good news of Jesus is that he was right all time about everything, and he lived a perfect life.
Speaker 4: That you and I could not live.
Speaker 3: And he died on that cross for you and for me, so that when we were wrong, Jesus and God. God looks at us, but he doesn't see us. He sees the right that Jesus did. And today is the day where you make the decision to give your life to Jesus.
Speaker 4: It'll change everything. Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna count to three.
Speaker 3: If you want to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, You're gonna lift your hand boldly. You're not gonna be worried about anybody around you, not what anybody else thinks. You may be riding in the car right now with a bunch of friends. It does not matter. If you want to accept Jesus as your lord and Savior. I'm gonna ask you to boldly raise your hand on the count of three, because you're saying I want to be right about Jesus.
Speaker 4: This is the day, This is.
Speaker 3: The moment, one two three, right now in this room and all over the world.
Speaker 2: Right here, so many of you.
Speaker 3: I got you, sister, I see you two friends together, amazing.
Speaker 2: So proud of you.
Speaker 3: People online, I got you up top here, so proud of you.
Speaker 4: Greatest moment you could have in your life.
Speaker 3: Everybody out loud, pray this prayer together. Everybody say, Dear God, I admit I'm wrong. I need you, Jesus, Thank you for dying.
Speaker 2: For me, change me, save me, make me new, and Jesus name I pray.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 3: Hey, can we celebrate people who just made that choice. It's the best decision you could ever make. It's a big deal. Your life is different forever. As a church, we would love to support you. If you text the word save to the number eight two eight two eight two, we'll send you some easy resources so you can kind of start finding your way.
Speaker 4: You can scan the QR code. Well, here's what I would encourage you to do on your way out. Just tell somebody, tell somebody who was sitting next to you, Hey, I raise my hand.
Speaker 3: And if somebody tells you that, give them the biggest hug and you can help them find their way. As you walk out, there's a sign that says God said, or did you raise your hand? You can go right there. We've got a gift for you. Some people just want to meet you. We're so so grateful for you.
Speaker 4: We love you. Hey, listen, here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: Our amazing, incredible worship team is going to continue to worship. If you want to head out, you can. If you want to stay in worship for a moment, you can, But I want to pray for you.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 3: Also, if you need prayer for anything, we have a group of people who will be here at the front and the back and they want to pray with you.
Speaker 4: Nothing too big, nothing too small, but prayer.
Speaker 2: It matters.
Speaker 4: It makes a difference. But if you see anybody.
Speaker 3: Hold one of those signs that says need prayer, go find them and they love to pray with you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pray for you as we get out of here.
Speaker 3: Lord God, we thank you Jesus for your gift, for your grace, for your mergency. God, we thank you that you have made us right eternally, that your grace, by your power and by your strength, we can stand firm and we don't have to walk in fear, but we can know that we are chosen by God.
Speaker 2: I pray a blessing over this week.
Speaker 3: I think you that your favor, your mercy, your grace, and your love would.
Speaker 2: Chase us down and follow us all week.
Speaker 3: It's in the beautiful name of Jesus we pray, and everybody said Amen, Amen, Amen,