Speaker 1: Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on JR.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Sports Page brought to you by Kaufman and Lynd Injury Attorneys. A very rare occurrence. I'm sensing about to happen for this time of year on the sports page here on JR. Starting with baseball, I'm assuming Dog.
Speaker 4: Ray especially it's the Friday football Festival with them. Yeah, Baseball, shoey Otani not only became the first player in Major League Baseball history to hit fifty home runs and steal fifty bases last night, he did it with maybe the greatest game of player's ever played. He hit three home runs, drives in ten RBI, went six for six in a twenty to four route of the Miami Marlins. He became the first player ever to hit three home runs and steal two bases in the game. And oh, by the way, he did it on a night when the Dodgers secured a playoff spot. I mean, my god, this guy, this might not be an over I know it's not an overreaction Monday, It's Friday, and I don't even know if this is oh wait.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, and on the road.
Speaker 4: This was the greatest baseball game we've ever seen by a guy who will go down to the greatest baseball player of all time.
Speaker 5: Is that an overreaction, that's a dog bite. I'm a showy Otani.
Speaker 4: When he gets back to pitching next year, he could be a Hall of Fame pitcher and a Hall of Fame batter.
Speaker 2: It's so it's incredible, unbelievable. We mentioned earlier in the show. It's like Pat and I are not a huge baseball guys.
Speaker 5: We've made it.
Speaker 2: No nothing against it, but even we know that is accomplishment extraordinary right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wonder if his ex interpreter had a bet on this.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 3: Oh my hey, j e Ts, Jets, Jets, Jets all over the Patriots last night.
Speaker 6: Dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Aaron Rodgers throws two touchdown passes. Sorry Taco, Bobby, maybe should have started Aaron Rodgers. He asked me for a little fantasy advice last night. I told him to go with the Kirk Cousins instead of Aaron Rodgers. But just see what Kirk Cousins does on Sunday. But yeah, Aaron Rodgers two touchdown passes. The crowd's channing. Aaron Rogers. Aaron Rodgers, Jets roll the Patriots twenty four to three. Patriots even though they they've been surprisingly good maybe the first two games. They their offense is run oarri and the Jets have a great defense as well. So the Jets shut down the Patriots. Aaron Rodgers twenty seven of thirty five, two hundred and eighty one yards.
Speaker 5: Jets may win that division.
Speaker 4: I know the Bills are right up at the top, but the Jets have a good enough defense, Aaron Rodgers, if he stays healthy. They've got a running game with a Brest Hall, and their defense is stacked, So Jets could win that division.
Speaker 3: Especially then you got the Dolphins, who are, by the way, traveling the farthest distance they can for a domestic game this weekend.
Speaker 1: I say, head to Seattle with no starting quarterback. What are you talking about? In those starting quarterbacks? The Skuyler Thompson era is about to begin the Dolphins. Here's a here's a here's a bulldog bite for you. The Dolphins play Seattle on Sunday. Skyler Thompson's gonna win that game. Then they have Tennessee next week. They can win that game, then New England they can win that game. Then Indianapolis they can win that game, then Arizona a week after that.
Speaker 5: The Dolphins will go five and er.
Speaker 4: Under Skyler Thompson and have a quarterback controversy when two is ready to come off?
Speaker 3: Are there?
Speaker 1: You go?
Speaker 3: You as a sports uh columnist, hope for that because it makes for good banter.
Speaker 5: On your show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can hand.
Speaker 4: You know, the Buccaneers take on Denver. They're two and oh. Of course they should beat Denver. That should that should push the push them to.
Speaker 5: Three and oh. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: I think it's time we start recognizing Todd Bowles as a pretty damn good coach because, you know, won the division last year. He was on Bruce arian staff when they won the Super Bowl. And now it looks like the Bucks are gonna make the playoffs again under Todd Bowles, so good for them. Jacksonville doesn't play until Monday night. They're at Buffalo. They're probably gonna go to oh and three, which means the you know, the Trevor Lawrence critics will be out because he's not played well despite signing that huge contract during the offseason.
Speaker 5: I know, what.
Speaker 4: I know what game you guys are most looking forward to this weekend? Carolina at Las Vegas. Who doesn't want to see Gardner Minshewe versus Andy Dalton. Huh that tells you right, there's there's a quarterback crisis in the NFL. Gardner Minshew versus Andy. Other great games this week week in Baltimore, Dallas, Kansas City at Atlanta, Philadelphia at New Orleans should be good, and uh, Detroit at Arizona I think is gonna be a good game.
Speaker 3: So what you got out college college wise? For us here? Bulldog?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm at the Gators are on the road at Mississippi State. Now they're favored by six, but every the assumption is that Billy Napier loses that game. They have an open week before they play UCF, and Billy Napier could get fired during the open week. I don't think that's gonna happen because you know what, you know what happens when a coach gets fired. The transfer portal immediately opens and players have thirty days to transfer out. The Gators could not have a roster if they fired their coach.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm gonna I'm gonna stick by my prediction. I think the firing comes after UCF travels to games fill and beats the Gators.
Speaker 5: Could be, could be. I'm a why would you wait till then? In not Mississippi State.
Speaker 3: Because we eventually.
Speaker 5: We'll see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see what happens Florida State there, they host col Cal surprisingly good. They're three and oh Florida State's oh and three cow went on the road beat Auburn a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: FSU could lose this game, yeah, well yeah, so.
Speaker 4: They could go to oh and four. Miami's playing us F. USF gave Alabama a game a few weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Alabama, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I mean it could be. It's at us F, so it could be a good game. But I still think Miami they're just blowing people out and cam Ward is a legitimate Heisman candidate.
Speaker 5: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Tennessee at Oklahoma is going to be a hell of a game. I think Josh Eipel is going to go into his old to his alma mater and put a number on Oklahoma. I think he wants to blow them out. USC at Michigan that's a game as well. So those are sort of the highlights.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk more college football with your buddy Mark Daniels coming up in the nine o'clock hour when we huddle up with the voice of the UCF nights there Dog.
Speaker 6: Hey, wait, F one Desk, We're heading all the way over to Singapore for the Singapore Grand Prix Sunday morning at eight am, Taco Live at the newly redesigned F one desk that the Google's not.
Speaker 3: Working on to.
Speaker 5: Here's what we're looking at.
Speaker 6: Verstapping comes and tries, but as as the other times, he takes his car and goes home and loses too.
Speaker 3: Leando Norris with Orlando okay uh. And then we got NASCAR Playoffs ad Bristol Dog on Saturday nights.
Speaker 4: That's a cutoff. It's a cutoff race. I believe, Yeah, believe this is a cutoff race for the next round of the playoffs. So yeah, Bristol Orlando City at Columbus Saturday night. Orlando City's won three in a row. Columbus, of course, won the championship last year. The Pride only six games left in the NWSL regular season. They're still unbeaten. They go on the road tonight to play Bay FC, so we'll see if they can stay unbeaten tonight. Right.
Speaker 3: He is Mike the Bulldog b Hockey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings on at Jason to us and he takes time from his show to join us for the Sports page each morning here on jr R. Brought you by Kaufman and Land.
Speaker 4: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Kaffin every Saturday morning, seven thirty am on FM ninety six nine The Game. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 2: Splitch and Taco are always on demand.
Speaker 1: Download their podcast daily on our free irradio app.
Speaker 2: Get it now at wjr R dot com