Speaker 1: And here we go with today's Minnesota Goodbye. First of all, I'm going to say thank you for listening. We appreciate it. We do this every day and it's kind of one of my favorite parts of the day because it's a little bit more lucy goosey than the rest of the show, even though the show is honestly kind of loosey goosey too.
Speaker 2: But we don't get to swear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't swear.
Speaker 3: On the show.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker. Who Here is one Nita who does have a tendency to swear. She does a weekly rant. I have not previewed this. I have no idea what he is going to talk about. But are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all, Hey, I need to hear. So this week is not so much as a rant, but almost like a debate. So we were listening to Fallon and Colt at work one day and a guy had called in and said that he was written up because he was drinking non alcoholic beer at work. He goes through like a six pack a week or a day, and so he didn't feel that it was right for him to be written up because it's no alcohol in it. So he said that what's the difference between drinking that and drinking a six pack of Monster? So some people at work were saying the same thing. You know, well, what is the difference? If there's no alcohol in it, why can't he drink it? But then some people were saying that, well, regardless of the fact that whether it's alcohol in the beer or not in it or not, you can't drink non alcoholic beer at work.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of leaning more so towards what's the difference.
Speaker 5: So if I drink a six pack of non alcoholic beer or a six pack of Monster, what's tell me what the difference is. But then, like I said, there's half the people that says it doesn't matter. It's still non alcoholic beer. You should not drink that at work. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I kind of don't know which way to lean towards.
Speaker 5: So we got this debate thing going on at work, trying to figure this thing out.
Speaker 4: But you guys, let me know what you think.
Speaker 5: If it's non alcoholic beer, should you still be able to drink it at work even though there's no alcohol because there's no alcohol in it?
Speaker 4: Let me know, Well, that's my debate for this week. So love you guys, talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: Bye, Thank you, love you wanted to. Here's the thing. If you don't have an opinion, I will give you one. Okay, and here comes the opinion. Don't drink it at work. It's a bad look. If you can't stay away from fucking beer for the eight hours of the year at work, you got a problem. I know beer might taste good, but also I love a delicious cigar, but I'm not gonna sit there at my desk and smoke a cigar. I can deal without it for eight hours while I'm at work, So I would say it's probably a bad look. And then you know, you never know whether I mean, non alcoholic beer does have a little bit of alcohol in it, so I would say, no, just air on the side of being a decent employee. Yeah, stop bitching, stop asking why the world is so unfair, put down your fucking inna beer and have a sprite instead. What do you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean I agree. It still looks like beer. It's still in a can that looks like it's a can of beer. So yeah, it's gonna kind of get even though people in the office are gonna know that it's NA. Maybe they won't, and then that just looks like you're downing a bunch of beers at work.
Speaker 3: So no, I would not.
Speaker 1: It's a bad look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bad look, Jenny.
Speaker 7: I think the exact same thing. And I was gonna say a lot of NA beer is still have zero point five percent about calling it, so like, obviously you're gonna have to drink a plethora to have any feeling from PA.
Speaker 2: But it's it's just I don't know. I don't get it, honestly, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't think beer is that great that I would even want to drink NA beer. Ife, Like, I think I want the buzz from beer. That's why I drink beer. I don't drink beer because I'm like, hmm, this is so good.
Speaker 2: No, give me a.
Speaker 1: Sprite, Okay, fair enough. I think we all agreed on that one. Okay, So there it is one aide. And now you if you don't have an opinion, just ask us and we will give you. We'll give you the right, correct, correct opinion. Next one from Sharis. She says, I was yelling at the radio today, I've eaten it all the chicken places. You guys were talking about and here are my thoughts. Now. Vaughn's not in here right now, but he was the one who brought up on vaunsters the pot that raising canes is way overrated. He said it was mid and we said, no, we like it. I mean it's kind of like, I mean, you could say Dippin' dots aren't the greatest thing ever, but they're pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, yeah, I like the fine. I'll eat them. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But then she goes on to give it different opinions, and I think this is always very interesting. DQ chicken tenders gross, more bread, very little meat.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Bailey, Oh, I think they're so good, but that's me Okay.
Speaker 1: Dave's Hot Chicken is okay. Raisin canes depends on which one you go to. The Coon Rapids and the Blame Store are the best, Okay, KFC is just okay, it's too expensive, Popeyes is delicious, and Chick fil A is a hit or a miss. I guess out of all of them, I'd say Popeyes is my favorite. Just thought i'd throw in my two cents. All right, that's from Shariz. Any thoughts on this.
Speaker 7: I just haven't tried a lot of these places, so I feel like I'm not a good example. And the only time I've ever onto Chick fil A is to get the free sandwich when the Timberwolves opponents lose the tooth miss two free throws in a row in the fourth quarter. So I've only ever gotten their chicken sandwich from there. I don't really know what else they offer, and I mean, it's all right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: That's interesting though, to say that certain canes are better than other ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: I've never noticed that that, because I think that's one thing I love about McDonald's is you can go to McDonald's in Frankfurt, Kentucky, or San Diego and it's all the same.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would assume the same as canes, but I only ever go to the one in Arden Hills and it's delicious.
Speaker 1: I'm going to throw in one thing about fried chicken. When you're eating fried chicken and the crispy coated skin comes off and now you're left with a piece of basically baked chicken, there's some fucking bullshit right there. Yeah, because you want that crispy coating to remain on the chicken through the entire experience. But if you got a breast, for example, and you take a bite in, the entire crispy coating skin comes off, and now you got just bigically a fried breast.
Speaker 3: Whatever bullshit, But that's how I feel about KFC. KFC.
Speaker 6: That stuff slides right off of the chicken itself, So that always is a bummer for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Thanks, next one, here we go, Hello my favorite morning crew. Kristen back with another random question. Is there a song that will immediately bring you back to your childhood if you hear it? For me, it is the Unsolved Mysteries theme song. I can picture myself watching it with my parents when I was like three. Now that that's a it's a very I'm going to try to find it and pull it up on the computer. Here, if you got a minute, you got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, take us take us a second.
Speaker 6: I always think of rock Lobster by the B fifty two's. I used to dance to that song with my dad, my sister, and my she was my stepmom at the time, so my dad's ex wife and we would dance to rock Lobster and I remember thinking it was the.
Speaker 3: Funniest thing ever.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be like dance party in the basement.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Who that's ominous?
Speaker 3: It is you dance to this?
Speaker 1: No, she danced a rock lobster.
Speaker 3: I was trying to fill in some time while he was looking stuff up.
Speaker 1: I think I thank you for that. Here was rock Lobster from the B fifty two's and and again it might take a second. We might have to watch an ad before we get to the end.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because then at the end they go down down here it goes And then we would get down on the floor and we would like slowly like be smaller and smaller, and then we would lay on the floor and then flop like fish, and then it would like build back up again, and then we would get back up off the floor and then jump around somewhere.
Speaker 3: It was really fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a weird version. Jenny. Do you have a song that takes you back to your childhood?
Speaker 7: I mean, the one song that will always get me is any Ricky Martin song, probably like Living Levito Loca or Enrique. Because we went to Disney and I've only been twice, and the first time I was too young to remember, and so the other time I remember being down in Florida hearing that song constantly as we'd be done with the days. Yeah, and it was like new down there. But it didn't come to the Midwest until like six months later because it got hot in like Florida and like southern states where they're probably more of like a Latino population, honestly. And I remember being like, this is such a great song, and then it didn't come onto our radio that we listened to growing up until later. So that is one song that always brings me back to my childhood.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, isn't it funny how that song was so big, so powerful, such a huge smash hit song, but nobody wants to hear it anymore. I mean, if it comes up at a wedding maybe, I don't know, But if it came on the radio, I mean, I'd never play that because I got so tired of that song.
Speaker 6: I loved all the whole like Latin and like the two thousand and two thousand and one when all of like the Latin music was really hot.
Speaker 3: That was so great. I loved that time of life.
Speaker 1: What else came out around that time.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm thinking of like Enrique Glacias had hits, then to like by Lamos, and then like Mark Anthony had hits. Then obviously Ricky Martin had like plenty of hits.
Speaker 1: Who was the guy? Was it lou Bega? Yeah, Monica, And I don't know if it was Latin or Cuban or what, but pH number five, Yes, exactly. Here is my song that reminds me of my childhood. And this goes back, of course a long way. Let me see if I can find it, because I had a tab open on it and now I can't find it. Okay, here we go fast forward and the cheese and sing a song. Does anybody know that song besides me?
Speaker 3: No, No, I've never heard it.
Speaker 1: I played that song on the radio before, and Steve would make fun of me viciously because you know, it was like the thing that I that I really loved about it was it had a little kid singing on there. Yeah, and I was a little kid too.
Speaker 3: You're like, wow, he's just like me.
Speaker 4: He's just like me.
Speaker 1: All right, shut up, thank you. Okay, one more thing. She says that this is funny. I've been meaning to say. The Chumba Casino ad where Seacres says he notices somebody else on the flight plane too. There's no way Ryan Seacrest is playing chump but casino in his free dime. He's got too many things to do. Also, Ryan Seacrest is probably flying private. He's probably not sitting in like back in coach, get somebody leaning back into his face. So I don't know. Maybe he flies first class. If you were walking through on your way back to steerage, you're on a Delta jet, you walk through first class on your way back to steerage by the engine room. You're back by the engine room, yep. Do you stop and say hi to Ryan Seacrest? Do you go, oh, oh God, I'm Jenny from KATIEWB. Do you say anything?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: That's a tough one because he's in our industry and I do admire him a lot, so I feel like there's a chance if I saw him, I would. But the thing is is, when you're walking through the aisle to get to your seat, you're focused on not hitting anyone with your carry on. Your eyes are straight ahead. I'm not looking at the people in the seats on side to side.
Speaker 1: I do I look at the people in first class. I want to see whether they look rich, or whether they got upgraded, and there's usually there's like if they're rich, they usually have nice hair, really nice glasses, and they're usually just kind of put together. They look clean.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 7: I just get salty when I see a little kid that's taking up a fourth of the seat because that's how big the seat is, and that little kid gets to be up there with their rich parents, and I'm like, God, I'm going to that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's a little bit I mean, depending on the age of the kid, I think it's a little bit disrespectful. There was like a I don't know, a video a couple of weeks ago where a guy was yelling at a woman for ruining his first class flight by bringing her kid up in the in the first class yeah, and people were taking sides. It was kind of split down the middle. People are like, you know, she paid for the seat, do whatever you want. And then somebody else said, no, you don't take a kid into first class and let it cry the entire flight.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I never thought about that before. I don't know. I mean, yeah, I oh, gosh, that's stuff.
Speaker 3: Billy.
Speaker 2: What do you think though?
Speaker 6: I mean to answer the question about when I say anything about Seacrest. Probably not, because anytime I've ever seen a famous person in real life, my brain goes, wow, that person looks a lot like Ryan Seacrest, and then I just keep going on my merry way.
Speaker 3: I just think it's a doppelganger. It doesn't even occur to me that it would be that person.
Speaker 1: Should there be a crying seven month old baby in first class, I mean.
Speaker 6: I think it would suck. But what if they bought those tickets before they had a seven month old, and they've had the tickets for a year or whatever, and that's where their seat is. I guess I can't really do anything about it. Also can't make the baby shut up.
Speaker 7: It's like hold people accountable when you're in a public setting, because everyone's allowed to be in public. So it's like, where do you draw the line of what it's like okay or not. It's not like the parent brought that kid on to purposely cry or whatever it is. You know, like they're all trying to get to a destination themselves.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, I mean, but then go back and fly and coach. I mean, I would never take a kid up in first class because first class is kind of a a it's you pay to sit up in a nice, quiet, comfy or area, and I think my selfishness of taking I've got to sit in first class, then that kind of takes my problem and makes it your problem.
Speaker 3: I feel like it doesn't occur to people.
Speaker 6: They'll be like, I'll buy my first class ticket, and then when they have this screaming child, they won't say to like the flight attendant.
Speaker 3: Hey, actually I'll switch. I'll switch with somebody though, like, well, this is my.
Speaker 6: Seat, so I guess this is where I have to sit, even though my kid is crying. I bet it just doesn't even occur to them that they could potentially switch seats with someone else in.
Speaker 1: There as And I will tell you this as a parent to a couple of non parents, so you guys probably know this. You can't control whether a baby crash. Yeah. Yeah, the people be like, make that baby shut up. It's like, seriously, nobody wants that baby to shut up more than mama or daddy.
Speaker 2: And think about the people around you.
Speaker 7: If you react in a situation like that, you're making everyone uncomfortable. They're already uncomfortable because a kid is crying, and now you want to like start an argument with whatever the flight attendant or the parent about it. It's like, think about everyone else around you too, Like we don't want to sit and see a fight happen. No, especially not on a cloone space. Like I don't know, I just feel like there's tension on planes already, so like I get stressed if I see someone like drunk or like causing a ruckus.
Speaker 1: I get that lately, every dress, every flight is like just a couple of dominoes away from a fucking brew Which, like.
Speaker 7: Yes, I kind of want to be a part of that someday so I can have a video go viral because I would obviously be.
Speaker 2: Recording the entire time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But I also at the same time, for the safety of like being on a plane, I don't want to be a part of a flight that has a fight going on.
Speaker 1: No, true. I want to bring up one more thing. I was on the plane of Vegas the other day, and everybody complains about reclining the seats. And I'm a big proponent of recline your seat if you want to, even if it's in front of me. And so the guy in front of me reclined his seat, and the seats were really close together, and I had my laptop, I had my iPad open, and I was doing some show work or something, and no, I was watching Fury. That's what it was. I was watching Fury with the gorgeous brad pit and the guy in front of me tilt's his seat back, and I, you know, had to slide my iPad back toward me a little bit, and I had to adjust the screen. But I did make an observation. And I want you to notice this because tall people will say, I'm six foot four, I don't have enough leg room. Please don't recline your seat. The seat doesn't recline at your leg level. I'm going to repeat that for people in the back. The seat doesn't recline at your leg level where the knees are. It pivots at that level. A pivot doesn't come back. So if you are six foot four, number one, you're very bless because you're tall. Okay, you can reach shit, You reach things you dun't.
Speaker 3: Probably get a lot of things in life that other people don't exactly, but.
Speaker 1: It pivots at that point, it doesn't slide back. Now you're thinking about a Ford Bronco where if you're in the back seat and your asshole friend in the front decides to slide it all the way back and you're six foot four. Now you got a problem. Yeah, on an airplane. What does it do at the bottom of the seat where your knees are Nothing. No, it's a key word. It does one of it. It pivots. Stop bitched about that.
Speaker 6: Also, if you're six', five get the get the window, seat not the window seat with the exit, row because then you have more.
Speaker 1: SPACE i thought you were looking for somebody strong to help you out the. Window.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually and muscly sit in the exit.
Speaker 1: Me all, RIGHT i love this. One this is so. Funny samantha writes In Hello friends On, FRIDAY i notice you posted the. Ore this is my favorite song WHEN i looked like this And jenny's just killed. Me what was? Yours? Jenny i'm so.
Speaker 9: HOOD i wear my pants below my waist and on ever dance When i'm in this. Place because you and your man is trying to Hate i'm. Hood, wow LIKE Dj kala and a bunch of other.
Speaker 1: Raps. Wow, okay she writes, in and she says all yours were so, FUNNY i had to share. MINE i went viral with it for about two weeks, ago two point three million.
Speaker 4: Views.
Speaker 1: Wow. Uh, anyway So i'm going to play the song and she includes the pick sure of her when she was ten years, old and she is your typical, awkward goofy, looking very innocent ten year. Old here's her favorite song when she was ten years.
Speaker 9: Old thank, you fad your toes AND i won up down AND i won't you make it so?
Speaker 8: GOOD i don't want to, leave BUT i.
Speaker 1: Gottas and that just cracked me. Up nerdy looking, kid totally nerdy, looking but we all look, nerdy and you're, great she. SAID i do remember very vividly this song being ON katwb. CONSTANTLY i remember cleaning my room WHEN i was a. Kid once my dad came storming in and, said turn that. Off that's, filthy and it. Is, anyway a little context behind the. PHOTO i have, alopecia SO i lose my hair When i'm, stressed and this started WHEN i was, Ten so in this particular, PHOTO i don't have any eyebrows. Eyelashes my bangs are covering a massive bald, spot which is why the picture is just so. Unfortunate you know WHAT i, think it's adorable rocking the mullet on? Purpose, No AND i guess that she did that to cover up the ball. Spot but to, me it looks like you swap it out for a picture Of alison when she was that just a goofy little awkward. Face have great way reach From, Sammy, sammy that was awesomes on going.
Speaker 3: VIRAL i hope you made bank on.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 7: YEAH i thing about going viral, though you have to already have like some kind of set.
Speaker 2: Up you don't just like make money because of one of your. Videos well that's.
Speaker 9: True.
Speaker 1: Yeah you. KNOW i get asked to monetize On facebook And instagram AND i never do it BECAUSE i don't want to give the wrong person my social security. Number Because meta has asked me a couple of times the end of last. Year they're, like, hey you want to monetize all your? Views all we need is your Social security. Number AND i Asked fallon about. IT i, said do you? Monetize she said, No she SAID i know somebody who. Does they make like a dollar seventy eight a. Year And i'm, LIKE i don't.
Speaker 2: Like, That SO i monetize On. Instagram do you really how much money you make, rich, Bitch.
Speaker 3: No not at.
Speaker 7: All the only Reason i've ever made money was because of that one video that did go viral Over christmas of the fire that we had at our.
Speaker 2: House the. Growth oh, yeah that one.
Speaker 7: Viral SO i made like an like two hundred and fifty bucks from. That but every other time it's monthly that they'll do, IT i make like twenty.
Speaker 6: Dollars so twenty bucks a month, Out, yeah twenty dollars switcher than.
Speaker 1: Before and, that my, friends will wrap up today's episode of The Minnesota. Goodbye love your. Emails, please if you got any, thought, long short, story, comments, question, complaint whatever, observation then let me know send that Into ryan's show AT kdwb dot com