Speaker 1: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app listen for all your music, radio and podcasts. Free never sounded so good.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this thing. Thanks for being with us. My name is Sandy.
Speaker 3: This is JB. Hello, Tricia's here too. Hi everybody, and we're often running. Jimmy, I want to bounce something off you.
Speaker 2: I've already bounced this off with Tricia and she immediately called BS, doesn't believe it, not possible. So I want to share something. I saw it, and I'll admit it's a little embarrassing. I follow something. Follow something on Instagram. It's called more at morbid Full. It's just a bunch of weird deaths, disappearing disappearing people, husbands that did horrible things to their wives. Yeah, why follow it? I really don't know why. It's embarrassing, but I did.
Speaker 3: I follow. I have followed a few things like that.
Speaker 4: It's it's weird for whatever reason that people who post stuff like this, it's kind of interesting, like.
Speaker 3: Weird murders or missing people or whatever.
Speaker 4: And then they'll throw in just a half naked dancing check get your attention. Under the feed and it's like, no, I was interested in the gruesome stuff. And then sure enough, when I'm scrolling on my phone next to my wife, you know, the girl and thong twerking pops up and she's like, what is that?
Speaker 3: I go swear, look at the rest of the feed. I swear.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I see a lot Like if I something shows up in my feed and I see that you follow them, JB. I almost always follow it too. I'll go to it because I saw just because I saw that you followed it. There's several of those that I've seen. But here's the one that I was wondering from, morbid fool. I want you to know. I wonder know if you call DS or not BS on this Tricia was an immediate BS all right.
Speaker 3: It reads.
Speaker 2: In September nineteen seventy, United States Air Force pilot Captain William Shafter took off from RAF Benbrook that's an Air Force base to intercept a UFO, but vanished without a trace. A month later, his aircraft was found in the North Sea, its cockpit sealed, ejector seat intact, but Shaffner was missing and never seen again.
Speaker 3: What do you think.
Speaker 4: Man, I want to say BS nonsense, But you remember that I actually interviewed way back in the early nineties. Remember that fire in the sky story, that guy that got adducted in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Oh they made a movie out of it. Yeah. Yeah, I interviewed him and he was so shaken up talking about it. It was. It was one of the most convincing things ever. So that makes me think this is possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you think the aliens just sucked him through the cockpit and took him, yeah, out of the seat belt, through the glass or they were.
Speaker 2: They were just very thorough and they closed everything up when they left. Ye, they were tidy, and they just said stuff like that. Boy, I'll go down a rabbit hole on things like that. Like I so so badly want to believe in it. I so want there to be like UFOs and aliens and stuff.
Speaker 4: And then I'll try to be clean for the radio here. But I think that's where the original phrase came from. You said he got sucked out of the cockpit. That's where the term blank suckers came from.
Speaker 3: I don't know you.
Speaker 4: Call BS on that one.
Speaker 3: But it was a great try creative. How did that How did your brain go there that fast? I asked that a lot about J's brain does. That's the only blessing of ad D. Your brand just jumps to this to that, to that, to that to that, bing the bing to bing to bing.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna go possible on that possible? Yeah, Okay, Can I ask you guys another question. I'm full of questions today.
Speaker 3: Made questions today.
Speaker 2: Trish and I on Saturday, we're driving to college station for our daughters R S ROTC, drill met. As we're driving through, we're on one eighty three, we're heading out to ninety and I'm driving. I finally just said, Na, Trisha, I go God, I just.
Speaker 3: Want to live somewhere that's already built.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm just really sick of living somewhere that's not built.
Speaker 3: It's not done. Construction constantly everywhere you go.
Speaker 4: My daughter lives on South lamar Is. She's ready to move. It's unbearable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gotten.
Speaker 2: And I said that to Tricia, I go, living here has become a pain in the butt.
Speaker 3: This is why I told you I want to go live in Marfa. Yeaheah, You're never going to be in traffic they're never going to catch up here.
Speaker 5: They're never going to be like and it's perfect, and we'll never have to do it again. It will never happen, especially with how many people keep coming.
Speaker 4: They will never be done. You know what else is really frustrating about it. And I'm no expert on this, but I think it's pretty accurate that the big heavy trucks for construction destroy the roads correct, and so as we're building all this, we're just de drawing every road. Like you almost have to drive an suv around this town just because the roads are so rugged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a real who does not care about a rough road.
Speaker 5: And that is the city of Dallas, even over the kind of the expensive areas. I mean, I've been going to Dallas a lot lately because to have my best friends live there. I mean, and it is just like off roading. In some parts, it's just patched. Nobody cares. They definitely have the money to fix it, but they're like whatever, So.
Speaker 3: Where is there a town you could live in and go move to and enjoy it. That's done, that's done. Yeah, I don't know. I mean I was out.
Speaker 2: And uh I spent I mean I was out and burn it a lot recently, and I kind of liked burn it. It seemed done, I mean, no major construction. Yeah, gosh, I don't know. I would have to go.
Speaker 3: Explore done right. Yeah. I don't want to leave Texas, you know, but I just I guess Marfa is it?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's funny you mentioned bring this up, because so the last eight summers I worked for about a month in Aspen, Colorado.
Speaker 3: Lucky, and they are very strict about development.
Speaker 4: You can't go over two or three stories, and it's just the rules and regulations. It's crazy. But I know you've been there because I used to play rugby there every year, and it's just a perfect little place. It's kind of like what you're talking about. Unfortunately too expensive for people it has to live there. But it's just a quaint little town that feels like a European village that's been there for hundreds of years. I love that now, except for last year when they were rebuilding the road and bridge into town because there's only one way in and one way out right well, when the pass is closed, there's one way in and one way out, and it just had the whole town shut down. Really, yeah, we didn't take cars anywhere. We had to just bikes on the pathway because it would take you an hour to get inside, in and out of town.
Speaker 3: It was crazy. But they're not allowing anymore. They're like, this is how big it's going to be weird pretty much pretty much, but we've got all thought people we want here. Yeah, we're not.
Speaker 4: But to your point, it felt like a town that was done, Like yeah, and then until they decided to work on it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I felt like Austin was done through the late nineties early two thousands.
Speaker 3: It felt like it was done right and we were good.
Speaker 5: Once they got one eighty three, more than just two lanes that way and two lanes that way with just a grassy media. And once we got that, I was like, wow, Like I feel like we could have been done.
Speaker 3: Then right, where are they finding?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because Henny and I were just talking about it recently because we both lived in Northwest Austin when we started on the radio, not together. Just happened to pick Northwest Austin and we were working in Westlake and three sixty used to be a breeze for.
Speaker 3: The longest time. Yeah, it was awesome and it is a disaster. Now it is.
Speaker 5: You betting it get on mopack before by at least four or else you're screwed with traffic. Then it became three, and now sometimes at two fifteen it is traffic jam, parking lot on MOSTI.
Speaker 2: Pack it is it is so, I don't know. I just wanted to get that. I get the feeling you feel the same way. You just want to live somewhere that the city's done, it's built well.
Speaker 4: And I want the same thing with our house, too, true, Yeah, you're talking about some I've never owned a home where my wife just goes, Okay, we're good.
Speaker 3: We're just gonna live here now, not even closed.
Speaker 4: I there is a stack in my kitchen of probably twenty different doorknobs.
Speaker 3: They need to go on new ones. Our old doorknobs were fine perfectly. You know what they did opened and closed doors? Yeah, kept them closed. I don't know. I don't even I haven't gone through that, billy. I have no idea what would she paid for all those doorknobs? And I'm gonna cringe when I see it.
Speaker 2: Did she just walking through the house one day?
Speaker 3: And you know what? We need new doorknobs. Jacob what could I get? What could I get? It's something all the time. And here's what I've learned.
Speaker 4: I haven't adapted, but I've learned is as soon as I cave on one, she moves on to the next one.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: So, for example, I caved, our couch is fine. I caved on this new one that she wants. It's showing up tomorrow. As soon as I ordered that couch, thornoms, she was trying.
Speaker 3: To slip it in.
Speaker 4: And we just got two new exterior doors and a new sliding glass door last month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, you sound like a little bit with our couch is fine?
Speaker 3: Al macklere dad.
Speaker 5: Sandy's dad, for sure thinks that when they bought that sofa back when they got married, that that's the sofa that they would have for the rest of their lives. And it was like pulling teeth for his mom to get a new sofa, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's just the way he is. And yeah, I kind of agree with him. There was nothing wrong with that old.
Speaker 3: So there's just no winning, no with the it's relentless. It's relentless.
Speaker 4: Is like, I'm like, why don't we just dress up the front of the house. No one I always say, no one comes over. Why does this happen?
Speaker 3: Looks like inside?
Speaker 2: All right, coming up, Tricia is ready to give us the story.
Speaker 3: We love what he has.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm going to talk about a woman who made a crap ton of money off playing Candy Crush. It's a weird way that she got it, but Sandy, you know my love of Candy Crush.
Speaker 3: This could be something that happens for us the stories. All right, A British woman's Candy Crush. It just addiction just got her a huge payout in court.
Speaker 5: This woman got hooked on Candy Crush years ago, couldn't stop playing it, and then it was that game was like a gateway drug. She started playing virtual slot machines too, totally went down the rabbit hole of addicted to online games. But when she went to court, the court ruled that it wasn't her fault, that it was her doctor's to blame.
Speaker 3: This is where it gets weird.
Speaker 5: A few weeks before she started playing Candy Crush, she saw a doctor complaining about restless leg syndrome and he put her on some sort of medication that helps with that. But it also is the medication that mimics the effect of the feel good hormones dopamine in your brain, So the doctor putting her on the meds only amped up her ability to become addicted to games, and the court blamed it on her doctor. In Candy Crush, the woman made two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars because of her addiction.
Speaker 2: So the restless leg with the treatment for the restless leg syndrome amplified her addictive personality to the plague.
Speaker 5: Games because the medication mimics the dopamine. I know, it's a very roundabout way to get to the fact that because of her Candy Crush addiction, she made two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars, which is I'm estimating close to about what I spent at first on buying lives to continue to play Dating Crush.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know much about restless leg, but it sounds like something you wouldn't have if you're not sitting around playing games all.
Speaker 3: That, right, if you were walking around. I just know what causes restless leg syndrome.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I have a friend who has it. It is not great, like she's laying in bed trying to go to sleep at night, and it's like the little nerves and her legs. I keep making her legs smooth, feels like little electric pulses going through her legs keeps her awake.
Speaker 3: She's had to take meds. Word it's not great.
Speaker 2: So Tricia is a Candy Crush junkie as well, but she's not addicted quite like this woman. But what level are you on with candy Crush.
Speaker 3: I'm on level five, six hundred and sixty five. I started on level one, right, So you've cleared the board over fifty six hundred times. It's a number that I'm exactly.
Speaker 5: I'm embarrassed about it and at the same time impressed with myself.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. I don't know exactly where I fall on it.
Speaker 2: But this part of your daily routine, like candy crush, wordle, some other something that you do every single day.
Speaker 5: Yes, my routine is I get it and I get my coffee. I came back and I sit in bed, I read my news. I play wordle first, then I do my mind games that keep my brain sharp, and then I do my five lives of Candy Crush, and then I move on with my day. It's like my morning routine that if I don't do all of those things, my day kind of feels off throughout the day.
Speaker 3: Right, Do you have something like that me my morning routine? Yeah, nothing like that. No, I do not. Maybe that's what I'm missing in life. You just wake up and stand up. I mean, it's that simple, pretty much. I say that, I don't.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking about this recently, like, because have you heard people talk about time blocking?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like toganize their day instead of waking up a to do list, right, you set And I've been exploring this and I like, you know, so instead of oh here's my to do list and just arbitrarily tackling it, you just time block where you go, Okay, from ten am to eleven am, I work on personal finances.
Speaker 3: Eleven to twelve that's my workout time. And then at one this is the you know, one o'clock or like say four to six is family stuff. I'm not doing a good job at track. It's more like it's more for people with multiple projects and all this stuff, just setting aside a certain amount of time every day. I will dedicate this amount of time for it. Like a friend of mine is.
Speaker 5: Really good at well, apparently I time block and didn't realize it, but only time block games.
Speaker 3: This is a good time time block for anything before.
Speaker 4: You got it from the four day work week book way back. But if you call his financial planner, you get his voicemail and he's like, hey, I'm sorry, I'm not here to take your call right now.
Speaker 3: On daily I don't know about your time BLOCKM to three pm. I returned my calls, so expect to expect a return response within twenty four hours of the following you know. Blah blah. Yeah, that was his time block for calling all customers. That genius, because otherwise.
Speaker 5: You waste his time calling people who don't answer. Then he's got to call him back later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't I know a guy that is like that, and that he doesn't look at his email all day long, right, and then he returns all his emails at seven o'clock at night, but not keeping my He's got a staff of a couple of people keeping their eye on his emails.
Speaker 3: First in urgent, Yeah there's something urgent.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if I send him an email at ten o'clock in the morning, I know I'm not getting a response.
Speaker 3: Until after seven o'clock. That I liked that, right.
Speaker 4: I guess you got to train your co workers, friends and family that that's how you operate, right.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: He's also a guy that when he's returning his emails, he's riding a stationary bike or on the tread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He's right, he's that guy and he's eighty two years old, right, I know, Yeah, it's pretty impressive. It is impressive. I hope to god I'm still able to walk at eighty two.
Speaker 5: Well, apparently I time block and didn't realize it. But I only time block for my games.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, with the time blocking, is that for us, you know, with our hours, we're around the house a lot.
Speaker 3: Let's say I have time.
Speaker 2: Blocked from one to three to uh work on X y Z.
Speaker 3: Trisia doesn't care. I don't know about your time's storming in and she's like, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, why I'm time blocking here till three?
Speaker 3: Out of here? Go away? That's funny you mentioned that, because you know, our daughter moved out a few years ago, and it's a freight train when she comes by, right, And I don't have a normal routine. I'm working on that. But that's what I'll tell my wife, I go, I'll just send her a text. Day derailed.
Speaker 4: And that means, you know, my kid shows up and she's wants some attention for whatever, you know, do this or that, and I just, you know, I still treat it like when she was five, Like I'll never get this opportunity again, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Not.
Speaker 3: I totally agree with that, right, And so my day gets derailed all the time, and that's just part of your day, right, that's where it goes.
Speaker 1: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app listen for all your music, radio and podcast free never.
Speaker 3: Sounded so good.
Speaker 2: Hey, coming up, Stick around because this is gonna be a lot of fun. We're gonna share with you what we believe to be the greatest universal truths. For example, Tricia, tell everybody what one of your favorite universal truths is?
Speaker 3: A universal rule? It's rules, Thank you. Everybody just knows.
Speaker 5: I think it spans all countries. You want mean to tell say what mine is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just to give an example so people know what's going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mine is brighty tidy, Lefty Lucy.
Speaker 3: Brighty tidy, Lefty Lucy.
Speaker 5: Everybody knows that, I bet you I use that role.
Speaker 3: I use it three times a week.
Speaker 2: Easy, all right, we've got We'll share ours and a few more of those coming up. If you want to share yours, you can text it at seven three, seven threes one ninety six hundred. It's the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one o three point one.
Speaker 3: Our iHeart Radio Music Awards on Box were filled with epic moments and live performances.
Speaker 9: Radiotist now streaming on the Hulu for a limited time.
Speaker 3: That Bunny Billie, Eilish, Glo, Rilla, Jenny Chesney, Money Long.
Speaker 5: Nelly, I'm Going, and your hosts hellll Cool Jay.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to all of this year's big winners.
Speaker 9: Luss I Art Table Fag Award recipient Lady Gaga.
Speaker 10: Winning an award honoring my entire career is a hard thing to get my head around.
Speaker 3: Icon Award recipient Mariah Carey. As a kid, I used to listen to my favorite artist on the radio and dream of being on the airwave myself.
Speaker 5: And iHeartRadio's Tour of the Century Award honoring Taylor Swift the Eras Tour.
Speaker 3: I appreciate this more than you know. Thank you so much for honoring this tour.
Speaker 2: Our twenty twenty five I Art Radio Music Award.
Speaker 3: Brought to you Bijee.
Speaker 11: Thank you so all of the heart radio listeners will make these beautiful things possible.
Speaker 3: Streaming now on Hulu.
Speaker 11: The Austin Humane Society is holding its twenty first annual car Raffle, where you could win a brand new twenty twenty four Maza m X five Viata Grant touring convertible from Roger Beasley MASA info and tickets at Austin Humane Society dot org. Proceeds directly support Austin's animals.
Speaker 4: Innitaries by plan your contracts and exclusion at Durrancemorty dot com.
Speaker 9: This is an announcement to all United States vehicle owners who own a two thousand and three or newer vehicle with a manufacturer's warranty about to expire or no warranty coverage at all. With a struggling economy and the cost of living on the rise, Endurance is now offering an affordable, low cost vehicle coverage plan to the general public as of today, you could be one of millions of drivers that now may qualify to have your vehicle protected under this coverage and have all future covered auto repairs paid directly to the repair shop for you. You pick your plan, you pick your deductible, you even pick the repair shop. Roadside service, towing and rental coverage is in ced. Get your vehicle protected now and save your wallet from costly vehicle repairs. A toll free number has been established for you to call for your free five minute quote and to see if you qualify. The number to call is eight hundred two four seven eleven forty six. Eight hundred two four seven eleven forty six. Again, that's eight hundred two four seven eleven forty six.
Speaker 10: Did you know that forty percent of adults can't explain what a tax deduction is?
Speaker 3: I can't either. Well, we're here to help.
Speaker 10: I'm Leo Palmery and I'm Met Stillough And this season on grown up stuff, we're making taxes way less scary.
Speaker 12: There's no other time in life where you're like, am I going to get back four thousand dollars?
Speaker 8: For?
Speaker 3: Am I going to owe ten thousand? It's like the crappiest Casino.
Speaker 13: Listen to Grownup Stuff on America's number one podcast network, iHeart, Follow groun Up Stuff and start listening on the free iHeartRadio app Today on.
Speaker 3: A three point one Austin's eighty station. Coming up on the Sandy Show.
Speaker 2: Universal Rules Things everyone should know. Trisha's go to is righty tidy, lefty lucy. You know what that is?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If you don't, then your parents failed you or your grandparents failed you. Selling There more Universal Rules coming up next on Austin's eighties station one.
Speaker 3: Oh three point one. Streaming on the Ironheart Radio app.
Speaker 14: Homenday Home in the City, Who isn't Reday in the whole?
Speaker 15: Home on the Highway?
Speaker 3: Home is in that way?
Speaker 8: Will be? I can't say it's a to put up the fake.
Speaker 16: I'm never lock a lock devil his tone, I'm murder burned.
Speaker 15: Thomas, the essence, Thomas the season. Time ain't no reason.
Speaker 8: You got no time slow m h.
Speaker 15: Time out, fast, time to flake besides time on my side, time.
Speaker 8: No burn up doing. But I don't know. I'm going tell you watch what's what I said?
Speaker 16: Sense of my present at the word I'm burning, I'm burning from you.
Speaker 8: I'm burned.
Speaker 15: I haven't burning from you.
Speaker 8: Do.
Speaker 2: You can find us on Facebook search the JB and Sandy Morning Show. It's Austin's eight station. What three point one. We are taking the day off, but we'll be back on Monday, so enjoy this from earlier this year. All right, we're gonna get into these universal rules in just a second, but I want to let you know to stick around because JB is going to share with us. He thinks he has found the worst neighbor in Austin anyone could ever have and didn't happened to a friend of mine. That is saying a lot.
Speaker 4: Well, I shouldn't say it happened, it is happenings in it.
Speaker 2: We left that coming up probably about fifteen minutes from now, so stick around. But first, the ultimate and universal rules. Before the break, Tricia told us that hers is righty tidy, lefty lucy.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows it right.
Speaker 2: My ultimate universal rule is finders keepers, losers weepers.
Speaker 3: That's a good one, that's mine.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you find something on the street, whatever it's yours, you have no responsibility none to seek out.
Speaker 3: The owner of it. That's got to be your English Irish roots. They're all that way all over the UK, like if it's not bolted down.
Speaker 2: I mean I am at some point in my life I will be in South Padre and I will be metal detector guy. And that's the number one rule with metal detector guy is finders keepers, losers, weepers, and I will be scanning that beach with my big giant headphones on, listening for the beeps and finding the treasures and.
Speaker 3: Finding sunglasses and watches and coins.
Speaker 4: I saw a guy once on on on probably on Instagram, and there was an old and it was a beach and there's a metal detector guy out there and he just had like handfuls of little metal shrapnel and he'd go walk.
Speaker 3: Ahead of the guy just sort of flinging it out to the left, right. It was it was a bottle cabs and worthless crap, just flinging it everywhere. So this guy is once he hits the zone, was going to be like, oh my god, like every two feet there's something an exhausting day for that guy. I've got a good universal law.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter which line you get in in the grocery store, you're going to get in the one with someone with uh.
Speaker 3: That needs a price check. Oh yeah, yeah, it has.
Speaker 2: An issue with checking out no matter what line you've chosen, right, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Or a mema writing a check. Oh, they're still out there. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know what else Mima has to do after she writes her check, and she has to put everything back in her purse exactly where it goes in.
Speaker 5: Her billfold, because that's what wemas call them, these in the right pocket.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, it's funny, how yeah, ye, you know, in general, this is pure speculation, the theory of mine.
Speaker 4: Women have not moved away from the castlest society the way men have. They still carry the big wallet with checks.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I bet, I bet my wife has a check book in her purse. I have a check book in mind, and I carried a check book for twenty five years. Twenty years.
Speaker 5: You know what a lot of it my check exce if I got back through the register, there the copied ones. It's to school. I just in checks a lot to school for our daughters, like buy a T shirt, you know that kind of thing. I don't know, fundraisers or something like that. I remember how excited you wear to get a custom checks.
Speaker 3: Took a long time to decide on your design and the color. I want the one with wild horses. It's a big decision.
Speaker 2: I want the one with the Texas flag. That's the one I want. And then I remember when carbon copies became a big deal. You checkbooks. That was, Oh my gosh, huge job, Gibby.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I bet in the last twenty five years, I've written ten checks maybe ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know there's only a few people. It's sort of non negotiable, you know. It's like, yeah, I r s maybe I don't.
Speaker 3: You know there are free man. True, you're right back to what was at hand, Like you know these universal laws.
Speaker 4: I think I might have even gotten this one from you, Sandy. But it's like every time I plug in a USB, I have a fifty to fifty shot.
Speaker 3: I been going in the right way and it is wrong every time. Yeah, every single time. Did I get that from you?
Speaker 2: Uh? I've said that for a long time. Yeah, I always, and I think about it every time I do it. I'm like, am I And it's not fifty to fifty because it's it's just I've done it enough times. It's not you get it wrong every single day. I don't know about you, but Tricia, you know about this. I have a tendency like when I take my vitamins or my meds at night before I go to bed, I drop somehow they just fall.
Speaker 3: Out of my hand. And when they do, they always bounce into the corner of the bat in the same spot, and it's gross under there.
Speaker 5: I always think that it's where the pest control guys sprayed something and now I'm king up pitting it in my mouth at the time.
Speaker 2: I don't know what my struggle with medication. I just can't get it from my hand to my mind. It tries Trician nuts that I dry swallow like.
Speaker 3: To death.
Speaker 4: My daughter does it, and I'm just like, how do you do that? I tried, and I've tried doing it with coffee too.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work. It has to be Yeah, what is the allure of dry swallowing?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: Why was one of those things?
Speaker 2: It's really stupid, I'll admit it, but I just like from my head to let the body know who's in charge here.
Speaker 5: It's really cool until your body chokes you when you die for five still stuck in your throat.
Speaker 2: I should probably apply that same line of thinking. Let the you know, the brain, let the know who's in charge an exercise.
Speaker 3: But I don't really. Yeah, bodies call the shots off, or.
Speaker 4: Actually the heads call the shots. The body is willing to do whatever it takes. The body respond just for how long? Right, So I've got another universal human thing. Tell me if you can relate to this.
Speaker 3: When you go to a restaurant with a group of people, or maybe it's just you know, your your family, whatever, no matter what you order, especially if it's at a newer place, whatever somebody else has looks way better than what you are.
Speaker 5: Absolute food envy. Yeah, Sandy is plagued, plagued by food.
Speaker 2: We had waterburger the other day and I just got a jalapena cheese waterburger.
Speaker 3: Lambs.
Speaker 2: We got chicken strips and I was looking at that. I never get chicken strips them. Damn those look really good. My weird thing about food at restaurants is I am incredible. I have high anxiety over whether the portion is going to be enough, are gonna be.
Speaker 5: To the point where I'm so aware of it, Like when they bring our food out, if I see that it's a small portion, I automatically to make him feel better.
Speaker 3: I'll go, you can have some of mine. Yeah, you're gonna have enough food.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a spouse thing, I think because if I can tell if my wife's disappointed, I can go, you can have mine, Like I'll eat.
Speaker 3: And I was raised where you eat it is ever is put in front of you, and you eat it all. That's it.
Speaker 4: That's how I was raised. There was no picky eating in my family, right, and so I'm still that way. Like someone will go, oh, which one of these breakfast tacos do you want? I'm like, I don't care, just toss me on, like right JB.
Speaker 2: If say your wife is out to dinner or grabbing something, she texts you and she's like, hey, I'm at jack Allen's. Do you want me to bring something home for you? I always say no. You want to know why because I know there's going to be plenty of leftovers to eat. Like I know that the girls won't finish their meals, and I'll just do that when they get home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But if I'm if you were to ask me that, I'd be like, hang on, let me pullup them in you and.
Speaker 3: See what I want.
Speaker 5: And then I'm probably gonna want you to bring dessert because it's special that you're at the restaurant, coming home and bringing stuff. So I'm gonna go ahead and get dessert too, whereas I wouldn't get it. Probably if I was there, liar, you would too. I mean, maybe I don't you would.
Speaker 2: Hey, coming up, JB is gonna tell us about the worst neighbor in Austin.
Speaker 4: And it's going on right, it's going on right now, right, it's happening to a friend of mine. I'll give you a little indication. It's in Terrytown.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, my lovel annoying things. All right, I'm with her. It's a problem, it's a problem. All right. We're gonna tell you all about that.
Speaker 2: Coming up next on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one and streaming on my Heart Radio app.
Speaker 8: Harry Gilman, Doris.
Speaker 17: Day, Red China, Johnny Ray, Supposite the Watter Wiser Joke, Magdiel, John mccafey, Richard Mister Student, Bacon Television, Not Forrea Safaria, Maris Borrow, Ros Merchants, Bo Suparape.
Speaker 7: And John Randall, The King and I and the Child in the right is Inhower Vaccine England's got a new queen class yellow.
Speaker 8: Liver said by it and start the fire. It was all this is the last time. Start the fill.
Speaker 18: We do you fight the tri ights Joseph down the Malaco, that's the river, Copyyard Rockabella Cappanella.
Speaker 3: Communist Rock, Roy con w for On.
Speaker 18: Pascanninidlom, the two balls, Rock around the clock, Einstein, James teen booking down away the team taking Rock and Peter band that was spending this day.
Speaker 8: Like Bono Alabama bruise chairs making making race of trouble in the sad. Start the car up. That's all the goss. The Malster time were to start a buy every day the mine.
Speaker 19: And tried to by Rocks then making men of carols fucking show at a break on the river wide lawn shot the Go California baseball stop on a.
Speaker 16: Side Chok another little mine.
Speaker 18: The work of ye Allidons Spaceming Mafi HuLos Castle.
Speaker 3: It's a noble sympathy rail than.
Speaker 8: Kennedy Trumpy Tack a side the condo. Start the fire. We sall it b is the love. The time didn't start the time.
Speaker 3: But it took the tried to fight and even away a.
Speaker 7: Man stranger in the strange landdill in Berlin, made of bison bags fallings on the radio, British Beetle Lady Old Miss John Glynn, Diston Beach's Pallison, Oh, Paul.
Speaker 18: Knocol next the British politicians.
Speaker 8: JFK blown away.
Speaker 3: What us do I have to say?
Speaker 8: Don't start the fire, Missolve, it bays the d siland didn't start the five night and try to.
Speaker 18: Fide but console gimn Richard Nixon back again, moved up with Stocking Water, gave Buck the lock in the lake and Valestine terror on the airline.
Speaker 8: I had told him.
Speaker 18: Finder ran watchings in the dast we the bucket salad ride, having that a food die, bollen death.
Speaker 8: Almost being as crack burning and hypodermics on the shore, China's on the martial law, the Roll of color Wars.
Speaker 3: As a.
Speaker 8: Start the file, it was all the start the file, still the long didn't start the dial, start the mile, stop the.
Speaker 2: File text us anytime we love to hear from you. Seven three, seven three zero one ninety six one hundred. It's the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station. What O three point one Good morning everyone. We're taking the day off. We'll be back on Monday, so hopefully you'll enjoy this from earlier this year. Jbi's gonna tell us about the worst neighbor in Austin. Also coming up before eight o'clock. There is a new trend the kids in their dating. Boy, is it changed. There's a new trend among young people and dating. Maybe older people too, I don't know, but it's coming up just a little bit first, JB tell us about the worst neighbor in Austin.
Speaker 3: I'm why am I dying to hear this? Because it's juicy? I can't.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've had annoying neighbors I had for the first four years I lived here in Travis Heights. There's a duplex next to me, and I'll get to the really good one here in a second. That he marketed the whole duplex to bachelor and bat store at parties leap fifteen people. Oh my, it was booked every weekend, and so there would be a bus of some sort and we're in a cul de sac, yeah, picking up this parade of people dropping them off at two thirty am.
Speaker 3: They all pile out, drunk and loud, and pee in the yard. It was a nightmare.
Speaker 4: And I kept reporting it to the Austin three one one and they'd be like, well, we went by there on Monday afternoon and there was no problem. I'm like, yeah, problem in every Friday and ends every Sunday, midday, every weekend.
Speaker 3: God, I would be a bunch of WU girls, right. It was mostly dudes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah most of the time, but yeah, the WU girl thing for sure, and it was just so annoying. Finally, I kept sending these an inspector came to talk to me finally, which is nice, right, Yeah, And I showed him all this documentation on line of how they promote it to bachelor bachelorette party, yeah, which is illegal.
Speaker 3: For I always about to say there has to be a rule.
Speaker 4: There already was a rule in place for a certain number of people that are non relatives, and then it specifically said non bachelor bachelorette party.
Speaker 3: And then I took him.
Speaker 4: I showed him on like a Airbnb site or you know a couple of those sites, and all the comments said we had a bachelor party, fifteen people. It was great, close to down to and I'm like, here, this is all the evidence you need. They finally revoked their license. Okay, now let's get let's get to the current most annoying neighbor, which would is right up there with what I just told you, if not worse. So I have a friend that lives in Terrytown and the the lot behind her was purchased by someone who bought three lots behind her.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, right, three lots of Terrytown. You had amount of many. So they built this big.
Speaker 4: Compound basically right, and the house is way far on the other side, far away from her, but they put right up against her fence line, like right next to her pool.
Speaker 3: Right, this is this is the first world problem. I will admit that, but bear with me.
Speaker 4: So her she's got a small courtyard backyard with the pool, and this is way far away from the house. They butted up right up to her fence to where they're almost looking eyed eye a pickleball court. Oh oh no, it's so loud, like it is a horrible sound, like it's one of the most annoying sounds. And she's like, oh, they're playing till eleven pm midnight am the lights in Oh I didn't ask about that.
Speaker 3: They must be.
Speaker 4: They must be if they're playing that light. And then she goes sometimes on the you know, on the weekends, they're playing early in the morning, and that's the first thing I hear she goes up until that point.
Speaker 3: I you know, what's your routine? If you know you're doing all right, you're living in Terrytown, You're gonna go back and sit by your pool and have a cup of coffee, right right, And you're hearing in the yelling and the screaming and the cheering and the f y right, oh my god, angry for her?
Speaker 14: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't know, because it's probably not illegal to have a pickleball court, but there is.
Speaker 4: I think there is City of Austin sound ordinance to up until ten pm, right universal, Yeah, like.
Speaker 5: Nothing after before on the weekends, like nine am and nothing after ten am. There has to be something like But then you're just listening to it all day. It doesn't really fix the problem. It just condenses it down into a more concentrated time frame.
Speaker 4: That's the soundtrack of your backyard. No, thank you, no, right, yeah, that's horrible. I would have to come up with some way to sabotage that, right, That's what I was wondering. It's like, what can you throw over the fence? She really would send a message, you know, like you know, a message they really clear, you.
Speaker 3: Know, put a bunch of coyote heads on fence posts, you know, looking down on her court.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of poop, A lot of piles of poop on the cause, you know, a pickleball court normally, is it like blue and white, really pretty and christ and clean. A bunch of poo stains on their pickleball court something you can't get in trouble for.
Speaker 3: Though, Does she have any recourse? I mean, could she? Well, here's what she knows.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is someone who owns a giant, giant, giant home in the military town with three lots.
Speaker 3: She knows that they have way more wealth and power.
Speaker 5: Like could shut her down no matter what she tries. They'll out attorning her, out maneuver her. Yep, yep, Oh god, I hate these people. They're the worst.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they had to do it right up next to her fence too, exactly.
Speaker 4: They could have done it closer to the place and put a little sound wall around it.
Speaker 3: I mean, money is no object. Well, they probably put it far away from their house because the sound would be annoying for that exactly right, So put up some concrete walls or something to deaden the sound at least they right, good neighbor.
Speaker 2: I mean, could she put up some inexpensive outdoor speakers just above the fence line and just oh just Blair Michael Bolton adam.
Speaker 4: No, I'd record pickleball and play it right back. Yeah, when they're not playing.
Speaker 5: Them playing pickleball, and then when they're not playing, blast the speaker towards their house.
Speaker 3: That way, if they complain, they can go, oh, no, that's what you do. Yeah, you're doing me. This is what I get. I think we fixed it. Oh, this is good. I've got it. Jimmy.
Speaker 2: I've got a really really high end shotgun microphone you can use this sucker will pick up everything.
Speaker 3: In their living room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we get some big pa spicker speakers and just shoot it over the fence. Right, totally work after ten pm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you got problems solve and take us long to get to even did it? Then?
Speaker 3: Tell me this is another this. Y'all just did this a.
Speaker 5: Few days ago where y'all had to come up with some sinister, dastardly like recourse and y'all did it like that?
Speaker 3: We need a reality show where we six neighbor problems. Yeah right, y'all could charge that. Oh, people would pay you for that, and some.
Speaker 2: Schemes and some good ones. Well, get that one in motion. Let us know how it goes to. Is she the kind that she'll do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? She'll Oh, okay, even better, even better? That's good stuff.
Speaker 2: Worst neighbor in Austin's definitely that one still come coming up before eight o'clock. There's a new trend, a new dating trend that's really unusual, right. I mean, of all the places you would ask some one, Like if I asked you on a date and told you we were going there, Tricia, your response would be I would worry what your response would be? Yeah, we'll tell you, We'll tell you all about it. Coming up on Austin's eighties station on Oh three point.
Speaker 3: One, coming up on the Sandy Show.
Speaker 2: I don't think many of you guys listening are out there actively dating, but it is kind of fun to know what the kids are up to.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 2: There's a new, really random dating trend where people are going on dates. It's a great place to go to. I just never thought about it as going on a date there. I'll tell you this much. It could get very very very very very expensive, or you could just go and check things out. We'll tell you all about it. Coming up next to Austin's eighties station one oh three point one.
Speaker 3: The new I Heard of is the one I love my Presents. The preset features dynamite. Love it and I've been telling all my friends about it.
Speaker 11: There on the Apple get in on what everyone's talking about and get to new and improved free iHeartRadio app today Tartradio.
Speaker 12: Life in Austin moves fast, work deadlines, weekend plans, and more errands than you can count. Feeling stretched thin With air Taskers, getting help is easy. Post your tasks, set your price, and let local taskers handle the rest, whether it's tackling a quick fix or finally checking off that big project you haven't at time for air Tasker has you covered? Download air Tasker today or visit us at air tasker dot com and spend less time juggling tasks and more time enjoying your life.
Speaker 3: Air Tasker get anything done.
Speaker 13: Time to hit the streets, y'all join thousands of runners and walkers that The Statesman Cap ten k on Sunday, April sixth, celebrate forty eight years of running tradition at Texas's largest ten k Got wait? Sign up today at cap tenk dot com.
Speaker 3: One O three point one Austin text us anytime.
Speaker 2: We'd love to hear from the seven three seven three zero one ninety six one hundred. It's the JV and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station. What three point one. We are taking the day off, but we'll be back on Monday. So enjoyed this from earlier this year. A new dating trend. It seems like every week, every month there's a new dating trin. This one just kind of struck us funny. We'll get to it in a second. It's the JV and Sandy Show. Thanks for being with us and follow us on Facebook. Just search the JV and Sandy Morning Show and give us a like while you are there. By the way, guys, thirty two years ago today was the first World Trade Center bombing.
Speaker 3: You remember that, oh in the underground parking garage. Yeah, that was thirty two years ago.
Speaker 2: And what's weird when you think back to that do you remember, like David Letterman came out that night with black soot on his face. Do you remember like they were joking, they were joking about it, they were I mean, And it was the first to TI to take down the World Trade Center thirty two years ago, and that just gave birth to what happened in two thousand and one. Think about how mean Late Night TV was with the O. J. Simpson stuff, the dancing ETOs and and one of them finally.
Speaker 3: Sensitive is probably Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it was Letterman that came out and said, yeah, I'm not going to do that. I just don't find anything real funny about two people being murdered, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: J jokes? He dropped the OJ stuff.
Speaker 4: And then there was Norm McDonald, who I was always a big fan of, and that's why he lost his job at SML. One of the Yeah, one of the NBC exacts, was really good friends with OJ and kept telling him to stop with the ojob jokes.
Speaker 3: He couldn't, he just really couldn't forgive me. Is Norm the guy that was murdered? No, he died of cancer. Who was the SNL guy that was killed?
Speaker 12: Oh? That was.
Speaker 3: Why am I struggling with the name. He was the more, the older and more heritage Hartman Phil.
Speaker 5: His wife, Yeah, herself. I've watched so many documentaries about that.
Speaker 3: It's did she kill him? I was sleeping? Yeah? Shot it while he was asleep. I figure that's how Trista will do me. Yeah, I got I got something a little better plan.
Speaker 2: All right, So there's new dating Trent Tricia, You've got this right?
Speaker 3: Would you wake him up first? And then Wow knows it was me?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 13: You whoa?
Speaker 3: I got to make sure the insurance policy is paid up first. You wouldn't get it if he killed me. I have a way to cover it up. I'm telling you. Do you know how much dateline and murder mysteries I.
Speaker 2: Watched Hot JB said that about his wife years ago, and watching those plot.
Speaker 3: And to kill me? Yep, she's working on the perfect murder. And she'll say there is no perfect murder.
Speaker 13: And I.
Speaker 2: Read the other day there's eighteen thousand or so unsolved murders.
Speaker 3: H I think it's more more than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, it's more than that. There this is pure coincidence. I was talking to a friend of mine and I'll go into too many details. But he had they have suspicion that his sister was not a suicide. It was her husband they killed, and it's been a closed case and there's indisputable evidence that it was not. And so he's trying to bring attention of how to tackle this issue when you have a friend or loved one with a closed case that you know shouldn't be closed. So to the point he said, in Texas alone, there are twenty thousand close cases.
Speaker 3: I just I just looked it up real quick. It says this is what I got.
Speaker 2: From nineteen sixty five to twenty twenty one, nearly three hundred and forty thousand homicides and non negligent manslaughters were unsolved in the United States, according to the Murder Accountability Project, And.
Speaker 4: A lot of it is, you know, and we're going in the wrong direction in my opinion. I don't want to get into that. But the police don't have the resources to investigate that, so unless they have something indisputable, they won't write it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean you see a Texas you gave the Texas number just a moment ago. I've got it right in front of me. Uh yeah, yeah, very accurate. You in twenty it's twenty six thousand unsolved.
Speaker 3: Isn't that crazy? Yeah, that's crazy that The.
Speaker 2: Murder clearance rate in the state of Texas, meaning they cleared the case closed it seventy three percent.
Speaker 3: That's not very high, I know, but it's better than I thought. It's better than I thought it would be. But still, my god, how did we end up on this path? Waking up everybody in a good mood to start their day, We're going to talk about date night. Date night at the Costco, right, yep.
Speaker 5: That's the new thing some people, some much just go for an errand you know, their to do list. But for some reason, couples are turning their date night into a trip to Costco and they're calling it their Kirkland's signature date night, or they say they're going to the club. I think that's hilarious. One woman was like, I never thought I'd get so excited to go shopping with my husband.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's not like new lead that I was thinking of new couples, just getting to know each other.
Speaker 5: That's why I no like a husband and wife a couple, Like, where do you want to go the club? You know, a fancy restaurant, know, and they stroll around and take all the time they want go out of that every isle at Costco.
Speaker 4: That's very interesting you say that because we've talked about it on the show. If you're a new listener. I just went to Costco for the first time first time a few months ago, and I for some reason, with my wife and daughter.
Speaker 3: If I'm saying I'm going there, can I go? Yeah, it's like excited to go. You don't say that when I say Whole Foods or HB sometimes Home Depot with my wife. But it's like