Speaker 1: All right, we are back here on another XRP podcast, and today we're going to be looking at really the macro stage and kind of the idea of utility driven finance PAYFI many people would call that.
Speaker 2: We're also going to talk a little.
Speaker 1: Bit about real world assets and the bigger picture, which is where one of the major players in this sector, especially if you think about just the XRP ledger ecosystem, you look at traditional ecosystems within the blockchains. ZEBEC has been on the forefront of this around streaming liquidity, So we're going to go into that with Simon, and I think we're going to get into understanding how maybe we could see anywhere between trillions in terms of annual payroll, but also the number of enterprise clients that are going to be jumping into all of this that I think is to make a big difference in the blockchain in terms of utility. So stick around for all this, guys. We'll get started. Before you get into it, I do want to thank our sponsor and this is a special offer for you guys. Okx is running an exclusive affiliate offer where you can earn up to five hundred dollars in XRP rewards. Just by hitting a few simple milestones Step one, Tier one, you can complete the KYC. You get ten dollars in XRP. If you go to step two, which is one hundred dollars on a deposit, you get another forty. Then you can bump that deposit and trade volume of just one thousand dollars and you grab an additional one hundred dollars in XRP. Best of all, for the heavy hitters out there, if you deposit and trade ten grand, you can unlock a massive three hundred and fifty dollars XRP reward. This stacks onto all of this, so boom, you get up to five hundred dollars max earning and it's paid directly out in XRP. So click the link down below. You guys are not want to go to miss this one. It is an awesome one.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So here we are with Simon. Simon, welcome into the show.
Speaker 3: How are you, Paul? Great to be here today.
Speaker 2: All right, So we got a couple of things to hit on today.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk a little bit about just the macro crypto markets that we're seeing more and more of as we see the pressure price pressure mostly one thing that has come up with a lot of our interviews, and I think also just on our research team Islator, the speculation.
Speaker 2: That we're seeing to infrastructure.
Speaker 1: And this is a transition that you and I got a chance to kind of talk a little bit about when we were.
Speaker 2: Together last in Vegas.
Speaker 1: But when you look at the current state of the markets going away from hype into real enterprise adoption, where does ze BEC play in terms of that focus.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, I think what we're seeing the markets right now is a healthy rebalancing away from what we would call hype and momentum or towards utility and infrastructure. Of course, as the BEC, we've been building the rails now for real time finance for over five years. We're squarely in the infrastructure category, and we think that really our time is here as a company to really show what we built and bring it to the enterprises of the world.
Speaker 1: When you look at the rise of payfi, this is one of the utility I think, one of the utility main things that are really going to make a huge difference, not for blockchain, but I think for business in general payment finance. First of all, explain that to our audience. Some people may have never heard the term pay five, never really understand to understand what payment finance Isn't it the same thing?
Speaker 2: Give us a rundown.
Speaker 3: Well, the way I like to think about pay FI, it's really the ability to program payments, and the blockchain is set up in an ideal way to do that. So, using Zebeca as an example, payroll is typically run every two weeks or every month using legacy banking else ach Swift, we've completely real rebuilt payroll on blockchain rails utilizing smart contracts. And the reason smart contracts are important is that you can use a smart contract to program a payment in any increment of time, any frequency, any regularity that a banking payment would not be able to do so. Now that the world has woken up to stable points both businesses and regulators, we're seeing increase interest in pay FY solutions for businesses as well as financial institutions.
Speaker 1: So second by second settlement really is what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: This, of course, it.
Speaker 1: Eliminates a lot of the batch processing that banks have been doing forever where they float.
Speaker 2: On your money.
Speaker 1: Even that's done today in payroll with some of the biggest payroll companies out there where you'll get it withdrawn from your bank. If you're a business owner, you know how this works. It withdraws from your bank. Whether you're use an ADP GUSTO doesn't matter, and it sets there maybe for twenty four hours in some cases, law longer if there's a holiday, and then of course the end result is you finally get a payment that goes out to your employees or your contractors. This is something that you guys are really getting into. I guess one of the questions I always wonder is privacy is pretty paramount in the payroll side of things. How do you guys deal with that as a challenge.
Speaker 3: It's a great question, and it's one of the questions that we got very early on when we brought some back to market. You're completely correct, payroll data should not be shown unchain. Obviously, HR departments don't want all their employees and contractors to know what everyone else hates. So at BECK we work with a number of privacy solutions, which are essentially layered twos that are sit on top of blockchains which completely mask transactions, and we've recently actually worked with some private blockchains directly as well, So to give you an example, we're building a payroll product, a llio, which has actually a native privacy feature built into the blockchain where you can choose if you want a transaction be publicly visible or heal date transaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at your website.
Speaker 1: We'll bring it up just for everybody, if you guys want to go check it. It gives you a little bit more insights on some of the things they're doing around products.
Speaker 2: So you guys are doing it.
Speaker 1: A five hundred million an annual payroll volume, what would that look like in say, thirty six months, if we continue to see the regulatory framework being developed.
Speaker 3: Our goal by the end of the year is to hit a run rate of about a billion dollars in payroll volume. Using the Genius Act as an example, we saw huge influx of interest, particularly from US businesses after the Genius Act was passed last summer. If we see Clarity pass this year, I would imagine that the floodgates would open further and we would see that next like of growth that would get us into the billions. Now, you need to remember billions of dollars in payroll volume. It's a drop in the bucket. Yeah, an payroll volume in the US alone is eleven trillion dollars. That doesn't include cross border, that doesn't include international contractors, right, so we're looking at tens of trillions in volume, which will inevitably flow to staple coins. So we're very, very early in this transition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So you guys have tho zabec cards. You've got the payroll component, the de pen side, which is the decentralized physical infrastructure. When you explain, first of all, explain the two, I think that maybe are not easily easy to understand one, the deep in side, and then the super app.
Speaker 2: I know you guys have early access on them. When are you going to open that up to full full availability?
Speaker 3: Great? So the super app went live earlier this year in desktop version. So now it is fully usable by our retail users that want to use cards, they want to stake some CK tokens, they want to send payroll streams peer to peer.
Speaker 2: That's on desktop right now.
Speaker 3: That is on desktop, and the mobile application is launching in the next couple of weeks. It's been under development now for months. As you can imagine, there's a lot of regulatory and legal red tape that we need to pass before bringing it out to the app store. So that's coming very soon. But keep in mind the super app for us as a retail product, right it's for individual users that want to use the back products. It's separate from our enterprise products. Our enterprise product has all of the bells and whistles that an HR app designed for Fortune five hundred businesses have, and that is actually the product that we're now going to market with with certain blockchains. So, for example, Stellar in the Back have now been working together for the past three months to develop an enterprise payroll app that runs on Stellar blockchain, and that's going to be going to market next week, so stay tuned for an announcement on that.
Speaker 1: All right, So let me dive into that a little bit. So one of the biggest challenges I think that businesses have is dealing with the federal withholdings that if you're a US company, federal withholdings are done on these things called nine to forty one's, which are essentially where if you've hired this is an employee situation on a contract or employee, You've got matching federal income tax, you've got Social Security, you got all these different little elements that make up that tax deduction. This has been the big challenge, I know for us, because I've been trying to go on blockchain forever for our own employees. Will that be addressed in this next wave of payment finance.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely been a point of friction. You're completely correct, and that's actually why a lot of our initial growth has been on the contractor side. On ten ninety nine's as at the end of the day, it's really a quarterly downloaded. The contractors follow their own taxes and they they deal with their own their own payments to the IRS. For W two employees, which is the example you're taking now, it is doable. It is a little bit more tricky. There's a few different tax solutions that we plug into that do help with that. But I imagine in the next couple of months and years we're going to see many more popping up.
Speaker 2: Why not just partner with an ADT or a GUSTO or someone like that.
Speaker 3: It's a great question, and we've actually been working very closely with members of ADP's Senior Executive Committee from the beginning. You go to our website, you'll see of their advisors or actually our advisors. And to give another example, a SURE, which is a middle market payroll company. Yep, they've actually been working with us for over two years now. And the reason that we work closely with the SURE is that we actually purchased a few payroll companies in the US and many of them are actually within the assured ecosystem. So Assurance of BECK are i'd say, you know, two of the most forward thinking stable coin payroll providers out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is you feel like this is just around the corner from becoming mainstream, seeing real enterprise adoption on a lot of this, which I think is the key thing here. Obviously You've got you guys have a global reach with being able to do contractual payments anywhere around the world, and that is there are a handful of companies that are have been out there that have started to work into blockchain where they you know, file the requirements in the certain provinces or countries, et cetera. Are you guys doing any of that kind of stuff right now of being able to deal with contractors in other countries?
Speaker 3: So you're talking about the employer of record model, right ye? Are we don't offer that in house, but we are exploring a few partnerships with companies that do offer that so that way we can have that as a service alongside our contractor payroll, which is kind of the bulk of our volume.
Speaker 1: When you okay, so let's look at the stable coins for a second, because to me, this is the new rail going forward. You look at the expansion of the stable coin utility, whether you look at USDC, the euro stable coin eu r C from Ripple r L USD obviously tied into this. All of this is going to be used pretty much for everyday business, and I'm finding more and more people that are willing to accept stable coins on enterprise level transactions, which is surprising me. Yeah, because I didn't think we would see it this early on. What do you think the timeline is going to look like for stable coins?
Speaker 3: Well, to go back to the example of the Genius Act, I mean, it really gave us the federal framework for payment stable coins. So at ZEBEC, for the first time, we were seeing enterprise treasurers now asking us, you know, not just about what a stable coin is, but rather how do we select a stable coin? What stable cooin do you recommend? So the conversation is completely changed. I think finance departments and treasurers are much more open to transacting and stable coin, whether they have custody solutions in house or they require custody solutions. That's still something that we're very early in, but I anticipate over the next few months and years that we're going to see a good percentage of Fortune five hundred companies in America holding some form of stable coins.
Speaker 1: On the analogy, Yeah, I think it's going to be a surprising to a lot of people to understand because the speed and what you're dealing with in terms of instance settlement, it really does make a difference, especially when you're dealing with a lot of money that many of these enterprises are dealing with, even in just on vendor payments alone, because a lot of times vendors are giving discounts for certain payments, which if you put that into the workflow of how businesses pay other businesses, that becomes a potentially huge market going forward.
Speaker 2: So definitely watching that one closely. Let's talk a little bit about what.
Speaker 1: Your strategy has been, you know, the evolution of the token maturity. I want to talk about where you guys came from from Solana into a multi chain approach. Can you update us any on how you guys are looking at a modular payment network now as of today.
Speaker 3: It's a great question if you go back through our history of the past five years. We were born in Solana. They were actually one of our early backers alongside Circle, and initially we were a protocol built on Solona that allowed for real time streaming payments primarily using the USDC stable point. Because of our relationships a Circle right in Itslana, we want to band in a Circle. In fact, we strengthen our relationship with both of those entities. However, we did realize a few years ago that crypto was always going to be multi chain. The stable coin would be the product that I'm reigned supreme and knowing that we built our rails and our infrastructure so that they could support a variety of stable coins, they could support multiple blockchains, and we would actually be able to go to enterprises and let them pick which stable coin they would want to work with, which blockchain they need already have integrated, rather than them forced to fisitback solution.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and I think the key here with multichain, I think more and more people are realizing that there are certain chains that do things better than others, and certain chains that have some very interesting features within them, even though I think a lot of chains are trying to kind of copy some of the best features of each other.
Speaker 2: But where do you think this Where do you think.
Speaker 1: This lands in say, five years, do you think we will still see ten blockchains after do you think it's going to narrow down to maybe three or four.
Speaker 3: I think we're going to have at least ten blockchains out there with meaningful enterprise usage. I mean, as you mentioned, each chain has its own benefits, its own strengths. I mean to give an example of Stellar, given that we're going live with our product with them very soon. With Stellar excels in in micro payments, they excel in cross border. They have a connection into money Gram, which makes you at least an off rapping so easy. So one of the reasons that we went very deep with Stellar is that we saw them as one of the best chains, and not the best chain for small small payments for international contractors, particularly to developing markets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just had the nail on not too long ago. She was teasing that partnership. So yeah, it's probably going to be a big deal when you guys announced some of the things within it. I want to thank our sponsor today, and of course that is Uphold. If you are holding crypto right now and not earning rewards, you're essentially leaving money on the table. And the reality is in today's market, you need to be able to move instantly. That's why upholds flexible staking is such a game changer. You can earn weekly rewards automatically on assets you already hold without a lockup. That's most important, You can sell any time. It's the perfect setup for anyone who wants to grow their holdings without losing their exit strategy. Download the Uphold app today and try it for yourself. I want to jump back over a little bit and go into a little bit about the ZEBEC to the ZBCN migration. First of all, can you explain the one ten token split strategy? You know, the largest supply side, how is that optimized for you know, transaction, especially micro transaction or streaming payroll for that matter.
Speaker 3: It's a great question. So if you go back to our history, we launched as a protocol with the ZBC token grad It was a protocol on Salana. Two years ago, we complete the upgrade of the protocol to the network, which is now the ZBCN. It's the network token, and as you said, it was a one for ten token split. The reason that we did this was to ensure that we could keep transaction fees low on the network, right given the anticipated increase in the token price, which it has done now over the past few years, require one's EBC would have been prohibially expensive for micropayments and small transactions. So for that reason we did the token split. And from here on the tokenomics are going to continue to to grow with the to grow with the network. So the example I would give is that we are now no longer bringing any new token to market, so the token is fully bested, it's fully distributed, and at this point we've transitioned into a fully deflationary environment. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the final for those of you or who are kind of tracking this, the final token unlock was done in March, which really is the elimination of the dilution risk on how this model is kind of put together.
Speaker 2: So that could be good, especially if you.
Speaker 1: Have annualized growth in revenue based buybacks and burns on that when you look at that strategy going forward.
Speaker 2: Is that sustainable for zebec?
Speaker 3: It absolutely is, and it's core to our strategy on the token, So everything at a bec leads back to the ZBCN token. For years now, we've been buying totn back using the revenue of our car program, which has grown consistently month over month, really regardless of the market's performance, which is great to see because that is really the retail adoption that we're looking for at crypto products. On the payroll side, so both the super app and the enterprise payroll, ZBCN is required to pay transaction fees for running payroll streams. So as our payroll volume continues to grow, more and more subc token there will be used.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you guys are rolling out the on the super app and the card in terms of rewards programs. First of all, in the super app, what am I going to be able to do inside of that? What are going to be some of the key features.
Speaker 3: So think of it as a replacement to a banking app. You'll be able to store your stable coins in there along with other cryptotokens, You'll be able to swap them, You'll be able to start payroll streams and payments. So let's say you want to pay a friend, you want to play a contract, or you want to pay someone in your network. You can do that through that. You can then issue yourself a master card, right, and we offer multiple different master cards. It's a beack for different use cases.
Speaker 1: Is it a true credit card or is it a somehow a debit It is more of.
Speaker 3: A debit cards. There's no creditable in it. The fees are completely zero, so if you put ten USDC on it, you get ten US dollars suspend. And the reason we offer that product is it makes our ecosystem more usable. If people want to get paid in stable coins, they need to also be able to spend their money in the real world here and stable coins, So that's what the superrabb and capitulate. We also have zebec token staking within the super app. Yesterday we passed quite an impressive milestone of fifteen billion tokens are now staked by the community, So that's fifteen percent of our supply is staked, and that goes up a month over month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in staking, what's the yield right now?
Speaker 3: The yield is low single digits, so as the staked amount increases, the yield naturally decreases, and that again has been helpful for us to control token inflation.
Speaker 1: Does this okay? So with this kind of super app, especially if you look at real world use, one of the things around credit cards that I think always wins me over is these rewards. You know, whether it's a direct cash back or it's some sort of you know, loyalty program that I get benefits on.
Speaker 2: How are you guys going to be able to deal with that?
Speaker 1: Because I know you guys are mapping to MasterCard right now, what is that going to look like?
Speaker 3: So for our first few years, the priority has always been the lowest fees in the market, right That was our hook to get customers to use our products. Now that we're more of a mature business, what we're exploring is introducing a reward program in ZBCN that would be tied to your stage balances of ZBCN as well as your card spend. So if you hold a lot of ZBCN is staked in the super app, and then you spend a lot of money on the back cards, you will earn a cash back reward in token.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, in the token correct? In the token in the token. All right, that's interesting. What other do you have any new features that you're going to be releasing later this year.
Speaker 3: So within the super app, there's a number of features that are on the on the horizon, including direct on and off ramp, as well as an integrated wallet in the super app, So that's going to come for our partnership with Stripe. Stripe, of course, is the development and the owner of Privy Wallet, So Privy Wallet will be built into the super app, meaning that if you're not a cryptonated person, you don't have to worry about connecting your fantom wallet or your meta mask wallet. Rather you have a wallet as a service built in with seamless on and off ramps to local bank accounts.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, So via Stripe via Stripe exactly. Okay, okay, So that and that's going to roll out in twenty six.
Speaker 3: That is going to be coming this year, in the next month or two, so once the first version comes out, version two will have that baked into it. And then another very exciting feature that we're that we're looking at adding this year on the roadmap is virtual iband, so we'll be able to create virtual bank accounts that are that sit within the super app, meaning you'll be able to move money seamlessly from your stable coin doleance is your payroll into an eeband and then you can use that to make payments in let's say the FIAT world.
Speaker 1: Okay, so for our audience, explain an iBank. Is this a traditional ABA number, which is the banking association number that correlates wire routing and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Would it work the same way exactly?
Speaker 3: So an IVAN is the international version of what an American Americans know as a as a bank account with an ABA and a routing number. They're fully virtual. They support multiple currencies, so you'll have an IBAND for your euros, you'll have an ivand for your US dollars for your accounts, and then you'll be able to go between a pound stable coin and your pound iband, and your eurostable coin and your euroiband. And the reason that this is so powerful is that it completely replaces a banking app. It completely replaces an app like rebolute, right, and it's built on stable coins before anything else.
Speaker 2: Is this and this is going to be available in the US.
Speaker 3: This is this is going to be available in the US. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So from a Okay, so you don't need a master account to do this correct? How are you getting by not getting a fed master account?
Speaker 3: We have through some of our banking partners, we have coverage in this area and we're using banks APIs for the for the iband, so we're not going to be hosting the I bands through the back Okay.
Speaker 1: I are a banking partner who custodies the assets that are in there, who.
Speaker 3: Custodies the assets within the super app, So we have a The way it's currently built is it's a non custodial solution, so the wallet, the wallet that you use essentially will be your own private key and you'll have to okay, citate yourself. But when we bring Privy Wallet later this year, that will be a fully custodied solution.
Speaker 1: So that would be a custodied solution right now, will the on the super app, I'd still be able to plug in.
Speaker 2: My Salona wallet or my Base wallet.
Speaker 3: Or the option to go non custodial or custodial.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So as far as ky C, where is the KYC wall going to hit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a great question. We have different levels of KYC based on the product that you're using. As a next so if you want to have a card, that's kind of the first level of KYC, and then from there, if you want to set up a payroll, for example, and you're an enterprise, you're going to need to do basic KYB if you're if you're paying employees or contractors. Now on the recipient end, you only need to do a KYC when you move money out of the system, right, So you move money to a bank account, for example, or you move out.
Speaker 2: Of the system, and I have full capacity.
Speaker 1: If I'm in the system, I can move to back to my wallet and be on DeFi and you know, traditional hardware stop.
Speaker 3: Load gets you the ultimate flexibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any kind of limits that are within this app, because this is one of the things that I think people hate about bank accounts. There's always limits everywhere you look.
Speaker 3: Well, look, there's absolutely no limits in the amount of stable coins that you can send it to the app. That's the beauty of using DeFi rails. However, when you talk about the real world products like the cards, for example, there are limits on the cards, but we offer different cards for different limits. Our Carbon card you can spend ten thousand a day. We have a new card that's coming to market. That's going to be the black card, and it's going to have multiples of that, So that's going to really be for the enter prize users and the big spenders, right. And then on the staking side, we've limited staking to five million tokens per wallet, and that's really a way to encourage retail users to to be able to enjoy the benefits of staking rather than some of the larger institutional users that maybe hold many more tokens than five Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think that's going to be you may find a lot more institutional getting into this, you know, in the in the future, just because of the staking features within this, and especially as you guys start to roll into full full payroll systems. I think that's when you open up the multi trillions in the market, that's really going to be in capacity there. What would that look like for you guys in a five year roadmap?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, in terms of our roadmap, I think our number one priority right now on the payroll side is building out our enterprise solutions so that way we can serve any sort of company. Right, every company is a different use case. They have treasury needs, for example, So we're bringing a treasury solution to market that's going to sit within that, it's going to have yield in it, so that way enterprises that hold stable coins will are in a very competitive yield and they'll have more of an incentive to hold funds on chain rather than in their bank account. We're also going to have direct bank account to stable coin APIs, so that's going to be offered through Circle as well as through ripple payments, meaning that if you're an enterprise that doesn't have fireblocks set up, or doesn't have a custody solution, doesn't want to hold stable coins, you can still keep your treasury in the bank account and at the click of a button when you need to fund payroll, it converts into stable coin and it loads into the zebek app and then the payroll magic begins.
Speaker 2: I like it, okay.
Speaker 1: One thing that I'm seeing utilized a lot by our own followers, members of our own bar and market edge, because we talk a lot of about where and how to get the most yield. One thing that is interesting is some of the hardware wallets now are allowing.
Speaker 2: What they call yield mode.
Speaker 1: So if you've got asked it's in your hardware wallet, you can go into yield mode, they flip it out to the market into DeFi earn the best that they can for you. Are you guys planning any of that that you'd be able to do inside the zebek wallet or even the card itself.
Speaker 3: It's something that we are exploring, to be honest with you. We are starting with more vanilla yield options that are extremely low risked because at the end of the day, enterprises don't have the highest risk tolerance when it comes to their balances. So we've gone more for the native yield solutions. For example, we're going live next week with us X, which is a stable corn at Salona that offers high single digits yield natively, which is very exciting. And then some of the larger ecosystems as well are bringing yield bearing stable coins into the zebec app. So currently we do not offer the defile yields, but it's something that we're going to consider on the horizon for sure.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's good, that'll be interesting to see. Listen, this news popped out today. You got MasterCard going into agents which are beginning to act. So right now they're introducing a MasterCard agent pay for machines.
Speaker 2: So you think.
Speaker 1: About this, You've got maybe a whole new class of payments being developed here. At what time do you think this rolls into the rest of the finance market or do you think this is going to take some time to really make its way into the market.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we are still very much in the early innings for agent pay and a bech. We really never sought out to build an energenic payroll and payment solution, but in many ways what we've built in terms of our rails works incredibly well for AI agents. Right. Yeah, you're running payroll on chain. You don't need an HR manager to authorize every single payment, right, it's all programmed through art contracts. You set limits, you set controls, and then the agents run with it. In payroll really starts to run like clockwork. The fraction of the cost. Right when you think about what typical companies are paying for payroll, typically they're paying between twenty to thirty dollars per employee per months. Do the math on how much a fortune five hundred with one hundred thousand employees is paying. That doesn't even include their HR departments, right, this is just what they're paying the ADPs and the paychecks of the roles now add on an HR department, right which includes many people that are running payroll and deal with tax forms. So our view is that a lot of that can be automated. And similarly with corporate cards, as you mentioned with master cards, the corporate cards are now going to also need to function within the aegetic ecosystem, and by running a corporate card on a stable coin is so much more efficient and easier to track on chain that we believe that's the way the market's going to go when agents take over.
Speaker 1: So right now today zebec can manage all of business's payments or an enterprise's payments to their contractors, and it can do it.
Speaker 2: Within is it within the super app? Or do I need.
Speaker 3: Within the enterprise payroll app? Okay? The errise Pero app is it's a business version of the super app?
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 1: And right now that's tracking all the payments to individual contractors, no matter what country, right correct?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Within that, what kind of reporting features do I have as a business to be able to track all those contractors?
Speaker 3: So there's an HR view where you can see all of the contractors, you can see what they're what they're earning, we can see who they report to, so almost like a corporate organizational hierarchy. Okay, and then at the end of the month or the end of the quarter, when you need to do your financials as a business, you can produce all of that as an easy download to Excel. You can also send tax forms ten ninety nine slips to your contractors as well as it's all built into the app.
Speaker 2: Yeap. That is a that's a good feature.
Speaker 1: I think that is something right now because I know a lot of companies. We we do our wealth management and it's mostly business owners that I talk to a lot, And this is the question that's always brought up is payroll, you know, and contractors here in South Florida where we are a lot of contractors, gig workers.
Speaker 2: That are really kind of of working with a lot of.
Speaker 1: These companies and they want to go to blockchain, they want to go to stable coin, but they can't find a platform that gives them any kind of audit trail. And right now most of them are having to kind of muscle it through where they'll use a typical transaction via the blockchain and then track it in a spreadsheet.
Speaker 2: It's very clunky for some of these base it's a huge headache.
Speaker 3: And if you want some of these larger gig economy companies, you know, like the Ubers of the world, the international world, you need to have that seamless reporting both for the corporate as well as for the gig worker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think that's the key is the gig worker is pretty big. You look at the enterprise adoption correlation right now, what the potential here is because this gets into you know, what is this going to be worth? You're talking eighty five trillion I think in ACCH connections right now. You look at the potential for this in terms of payments.
Speaker 2: How does it.
Speaker 1: Right at least right now, How does a web three protocol directly plug into these traditional banking rails that you're doing today, because I'm assuming you have to be able to deal with at some point when you scale to ACCH, you've got to be able to connect to all these banks and pretty much real timeout.
Speaker 3: It's it's a great question, and we've been very forward thinking at zebek about getting ourselves plugged into the ACCH and the traditional banking system from the very beginning, because there's really no other way that you're going to work with traditional non Web three companies. So we've been involved now with NATCHA for the better part of a half a year. NATCHA, of course, is the organization that governs the US ACCH network. We are one of the few, if only, crypto companies that that's part of the NATCHA alliance, which is very exciting because we've now been at the forefront as they start to think about stable coin and modernizing the ACA system. Right Okay. We also work with some of the largest payment companies in the US that are direct members of natro so companies like not pay for example, right, which is our real direct connection to AC and it allows us in our enterprise clients to move on seamlessly from the stable coren payroll world into the FIAT world.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: You look at this the gig economy impact. I think this is going to be pretty big, especially as we start to see more and more self employed workers.
Speaker 2: This idea of.
Speaker 1: Continuous payment, which is a big deal streaming payments. Think of about it on a cash flow crisis really for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Do you think this is going to get adopted? Streaming payments to contractors any type soon.
Speaker 3: Well, we've seen a lot of early tractions, so I would say to your question, absolutely, the demand is there, Yeah, from the contractors and the employees. When you think about it, we are going through probably one of the worst cost of living crises in generations. Many people are having trouble having ends meet, and the two week or thirty day pay cycle really is not serving people today. When you think about it, payroll has not changed materially in the past seventy years. The reason is because of the friction of payments right. It comes down to the antiquated banking systems ACCH, swift networks in your mediaries that hold funds for days, and with blockchain technology we can completely rebuild the system. But the marginal cost of an additional payment is so fractionally small that it doesn't really make a difference in the grand scheme of things as how frequently you pay people. And you'll see early employer groups that actually adopt real time payroll, and you'll see them win the HR battle. They will have better employee retention, a lot of higher employee satisfaction, they'll win in terms of hiring, and from there, in my view, the snowball effect will then continue to grow and more and more companies will just have to adopt it to be competitive.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you're right, they're going to win. When you start to see streaming payments in the gig economy, that is going to migrate a lot in terms of earth and I think we're going to see a lot of new businesses in terms of the kinds of businesses that it will be serving the gig econo. I mean, especially we start to see everything from autonomy, most likely that we'll start to attack places like Goober. I think it's going to open up a lot of these gig workers to have multiple companies that they're dealing with. So anybody that has these kind of features, it's going to be huge for sure. Hey, let me get your opinion on this. This was of course news earlier this week where Stripe of Visa, MasterCard, Coinbase forming a consortium and this is in reference to a new stable coin, and you've got Circle and Tether really kind of controlling the market right now. When you look at this move, because this is a pretty significant move. I mean, these three of the biggest finance guys and then you book the biggest crypto guy in there. I would say, in terms of exchange, what does this landscape look like once we get past.
Speaker 2: The clarity Act.
Speaker 3: My view is that we're going to see more and more corporate and institutional backstageable coins popping up. It's not going to be one stable coin that fits all, just like there's not going to be one blockchain that fits all. This is a good thing for the ecosystem, This is a good thing for competition, this is a good thing for consumers. And the beauty of what we have it's beck is then we'll be able to work with any stable coin that comes up. So you know, if if market sent thement changes and if volumes move to another stable coin, our rails will be able to support it. So I think now things like this are a great early sign that there's a lot of life and growth in the stable coin market well.
Speaker 1: And I think the key here is going to be how those entities launch those kinds of products and the process that they end up in. Because if you look at some of the big entities that have been very good at that not in the stable coin side, but think of it almost like the Starbucks app. If you go in and look at their reward system. Even though they've kind of got a lot of torching because of their devaluation of reward points.
Speaker 2: That's another story, but the point is is they've got all these users.
Speaker 1: They've got a ridiculous amount of users that in some cases we'll bank money in that card to.
Speaker 2: Be able to feed their starbuck habit.
Speaker 1: Do you think that is the kind of potential enterprise use case that we may see coming out of retail giants.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I think it makes sense for all of the major retail companies in the US to eventually issue stable coins. Right, they control their own currency, they get the benefit of the float that yield flows to them, So it'll end up being a profit center on the line items of these companies, just like credit card solutions were in the past, Right, So I think we're going to see a lot of that moving over from credit solutions to stable card solutions.
Speaker 1: Well, and think about it, if you really let retailers start to maximize that in the DeFi space, and because the retailers themselves have, you know, kind of that trust and control value point that they bring to all of their customers, it does create a new line item and I think in terms of profitability or maybe just in differentiation, you know, down into the market, which is going to be pretty critical I think for some of these companies to kind of win over, especially today's modern consumer.
Speaker 3: For sure, we're really only ten ton months insince the GENISAC passed. Yeah, Jackles not passed yet. A lot of these large companies we know are are currently looking at it. They're trying to find expertise into how to launch a stable coins. So in the next few years, we're going to see more and more come to the market. But you just have to keep in mind that they've only started looking this now in the past couple of months.
Speaker 1: I got to talk to you after the show and I kind of get your opinion on something we we of course have a consulting group, we have an investment fund that we're working with right now, both on blockchain and also on kind of next generation companies out there.
Speaker 2: And retail is one of them.
Speaker 1: Payments has always been very close to my heart because our connection to the retail space and has been for a.
Speaker 2: Very long time. We understand it pretty heavily.
Speaker 1: So i'd love to get your insights on that last thing I want to hit you with in terms of kind of the three year vision here of where real world assets and PAYFI markets start to mature as we head toward the end of the decade. How do you see this all lining up, Where do you see use cases? And also what do you think ends up winning when it comes to RWA and pay fie good question.
Speaker 3: I mean, the way we think about it is payroll is just the first and most successful so far use case of real time finance technology. So what we've built at zebec has been tested now in the payroll market, and from here we're going to expand into B to B payments, cross border international payments, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So the way that we've set things up is that we'll plug directly into all different types of blockchains, will be able to integrate with real world assets, meaning that if you're receiving your payroll on stable coins, you'll also will be able to reinvest it in tokenized equities, token ized bond funds. So that way the entire economy can exist on chain, on our rails and will continue to track our key success metrics over the next couple of years. And really for us, it comes down to the number of people that are using stable cooin payroll. Our share a wallet of organization. So if stablecore payroll is offered alongside traditional payroll, what is our percentage in year one, year two, year three, how that grows and how that tracks Because what we've seen in some of our early pilot programs is that once employees and contractors get used to receiving some payments and stable coins and most importantly trust the system, they're more willing and able to accept more stable coin payments going forward. So it's really about getting your footing in the door, getting a piece of the share, and growing it with time. As we have enormous market tail ones behind us right now in the stable point space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be huge going into twenty thirty. And I think the adoption curve that we're going to see on the enterprise side is going to surprise a lot of people because there's just so much pent up demand and in.
Speaker 3: Part of deducing its publicly, I mean, we have NDA's with countless companies right now that we cannot talk about, but they will be coming to market publicly with it in the next months of the next few years. Interesting. Okay, a lot of it's happening behind the scenes right now is not many of these bigger companies are not comfortable to talk about stable corns publicly.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I think yeah, because if just the aura of crypto a lot of times attaches to that, I think there needs to be a little bit of a branding refresh for stable going companies to kind of go Stripes doing a pretty good job with it. MasterCard Visa most likely will will kind of help bridge that gap. And most likely if you get someone major like American Express, or you get a major retailer or a major financier whether it's JP Morgan or someone like that in the banking sector, that starts to move in this direction. It's not that that's the best way. It's just that they've had the historical credibility you know that a lot of these companies are looking for.
Speaker 2: So I agree with.
Speaker 3: You, And it takes years to build that, so it's not something that happens overnight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, Simon, it's been good having you on the show. As usual, we love to pick brains of the smartest people in the world on all of this when it comes to blockchain, So thanks for coming in.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me, Paul, It's been a great job, all right.
Speaker 2: You guys know what to do. Just like and subscribe. Let us know who you think we should be on the show next. We'll see you next time. Right here the next our Pea podcast. Take care,