Speaker 1: It's the Minnesota Goodbye featuring myself, Jenny Bailey, Peru Hello, and.
Speaker 2: Vaught who first MB of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna jump right into emails here today. Now, obviously you were not the Minnesota Goodbye yesterday, but we had a very long conversation about cast roles versus hot dishes?
Speaker 3: And you're from Jersey. So did you know what a hot dish was prior to coming to Minnesota?
Speaker 2: I never heard of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't really either. Like I said, in Wisconsin, we just it was always cast roles to us slash we didn't. We definitely didn't really have tater tot hot dish. I can't speak for all Wisconsin, but in my area we did not.
Speaker 2: Did you eat castle role even before? Did you know about because I've never even had it. I just knew what a castro Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we definitely had cast roles, just not the hot dishes slash tater to hot hot dish.
Speaker 3: So this comes from our buddy Jim.
Speaker 1: He says, I almost didn't write this because I always fear coming across as a note at all.
Speaker 3: But Jem's a chef just so everyone else.
Speaker 1: However, did you know, there is a difference between cast roles and hot dishes. While they have become interchangeable terms, now there was a distinction between them at one time. First, the hot dish is meant to be a one pot dish that is mixed and then baked. Think of the tato hot hot dish or galushe is that how you said gloat coolass? So I was gonna say, I know I'm not saying that right. And then a castroll is meant to be layered like lasagna. Also, a hot dish is baked in any vessel, Dutch, oven cake, pan castrole dish, while a castrole is a specific dish. However, that ignores cultural adoptions of the words and the pride that a Minnesota has when they can tell someone not from Minnesota that it's not a castrole, it's a hot dish, all with a smile on their face. Now I'm hitting send before I second guess myself. Thank you for being consistent throughout the day. JEM not a no at all at all. We appreciate the clarification between cast rolls and hot dishes. That makes a lot of sense because I do feel like the cast roles that I've experienced are exactly what you described.
Speaker 3: It's like a layered situation.
Speaker 2: So I was gonna ask again, I've never had either one, so I'm.
Speaker 3: Like the idiot.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was what you call it different, because I've said this to you, Jenny. In Jersey or I guess on the East coast, they have pork roll on one side of like New Jersey, which is like some type of breakfast food. I don't know if it's like a ham or sausage or whatever. And then there's like another side North Jersey and New York and stuff. They'll call it Taylor Ham, and it's a big debate versus like like you don't call a hot dog an oscar may or whatever, like one of those stupid types. So that's what I thought the castle roll situation was. But there is a difference.
Speaker 4: You've heard of either of those things pork roll or Taylor Ham.
Speaker 2: Which is so weird because I remember when I was in Iowa, when I lived there for like a month, I met I went to the Ioa State Fair and I met the pork queen and I asked her, I was like, do you know so you know everything about pork? She said, yes, And I was like, you know what a pork roll is? And she was like, no, I would assume that even if you don't know, even if they don't have it out here, that you would know what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just googled it.
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Is only knew because of you talking about it. Do you want to explain why you were only in Iowa for a month, because we always think that everyone understands things like that, but you're just like, you know, when I was in Iowa for a month, I was like time or.
Speaker 3: Like what was the deal?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 1: My bid?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: When I graduated college May twenty twenty three and I got a job with iHeart in Iowa that was like my first radio job. But literally my first day there, I had got a call from our boss, Rich and he was like, oh, I want to hire you. And it's not knocking Iowa or anything, but Iowa is what.
Speaker 3: It's called it a smaller market yah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which means like people go there to get their start or whatever. And my bosses said, like, yo, people work in Iowa for three years to get to KATWB, So go to KATWB even though you just got here. So I was there for literally thirty six days before I came.
Speaker 1: So you moved cross country twice within my two months basically sort of like at least you were coming from Iowa then to Minnesota, but you like moved to Iowa then came up to Minnesota.
Speaker 2: So the Iowa station is where e White was before he came here too.
Speaker 1: So many people have gone to Iowa first. So intern John who used to be on Dave Show like twelve god I think actually like thirteen years ago, and now he he went to Iowa and now he hosts his own show in DC. And then also Dylan used to be an intern on Dave Show. Dylan went to Iowa. Then he was in Cincinnati or something like that, and then he was in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 3: Now he's in Portland. Dylan's been all over.
Speaker 1: So yes, Iowa was kind of like this stepping stone to get to like the next for so many people.
Speaker 2: Like I know somebody in New York now, which is the number one market, who started in Iowa. Shout out Sean Streife who was in Michigan. Now he's in Vegas, but he started in Iowa. But yeah, man, shout out Iowa.
Speaker 3: Shout out Iowa. Shout out Iowa. Okay.
Speaker 1: The next Emith says, don't say my name, but hi, Dave, I just heard the podcast from a few days ago and how you were trying to find me on Facebook. So the person in this email is the person who talked about being a swinger, and so we kind of were curious, Like a week or two ago, we're talking about the swinging lifestyle, and Bailey and I joked about how we would end up with the one ugly person in the if we ever went to Want or something like that, and so we were curious, like, you know, like what does the swinger even look like? There's only one person I know who's a swinger, and so this person had emailed in and I will just say, like she is foinning, Okay, she's really good looking. I don't know if this I think this might be her husband that she sent a photo with. He's also a very good looking person. But like, damn, I'm curious what everyone else looks like in your swimmer swing groups.
Speaker 3: Are they all good looking?
Speaker 4: Because in my brain I don't imagine everybody looking good. Yeah it'll be, but granted we were saying that, like it's likely everybody kind of looks like you're hot, h gym teacher from high school where they were really hot in high school and then they just grew up and they're still kind of hot, like suburban hot.
Speaker 3: And then there'd be like.
Speaker 4: The one George Costanza in the group, like the kind of fruity looking guy. Not fruity. I don't know why I said fruity, but you know, like frumpy looking guy that I end up with at the swingers party. I'm like, God, dang it, of all the people, of all the hot suburban people here.
Speaker 3: And I get the George Costanza. Yeah. Rats, Let's see. We don't go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, you guys. Ever, let's just say, right, for Jenny Andrew and another couple that you guys are friends with, let's just say you wanted to experiment, would you.
Speaker 1: Let's just say, oh gosh, this is so well. First of all, if he brought it up, I absolutely not. No, It would only work if it was on my terms, Okay, Like I have to be the person who brought it to the table. If he brought it to the table, insecurities would have started flying immediately, And some people might say that's unfair, but yeah, if he brought it to the table, I'd probably be like, no, I don't think so, and we need to know if you're thinking you want to. But if I brought it to the table, that might be a different situation.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. I don't listen.
Speaker 1: We're still all of us are still very young, and I feel like to knock something that you don't know anything about would be I don't know, It's just not a smart thing to do in my opinion. I'm sure there's many people out there who think swinging is completely off the table, will never be a thing for them. But I don't know what twenty years down the road looks like for me. You know, like there's so many things that I've changed my mindset on in the last.
Speaker 3: Like ten years ago. Yeah, exactly that. Who knows what about you, Bailey.
Speaker 1: Let's say you're in a relationship and you or your partner bring something like that to the table.
Speaker 3: Would you bring that to the table. I probably wouldn't, just because I'm busy, so like.
Speaker 4: I've got stuff going on. It probably wouldn't even cross my mind at all. But I mean, I don't know if I would want to partake, but I wouldn't mind like going to one and just being like a fly on the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a friend named Kai. You're right.
Speaker 4: I have a friend named Kai who is like polyamorous and would always tell me like, yeah, I went to this party the other day and on each floor of this house there was some freaky thing going on, blah blah blah, and just like tell me these stories.
Speaker 3: And I would always end these.
Speaker 4: He would be done talking to me, and I would be like, Wow, we live different lives. But it was always just so fascinating because I just think anyone's life that's different than mine is fascinating, and I want to learn more about everything all the time. So if somebody invited me to one and didn't expect me to partake, I would go just to see what it's like, just to learn something by stand as a bystander. Yeah, give me whatever color bracelet. I need to not have to talk to anyone or interact with anyone.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 2: I only asked because I was listening to this podcast Funny Enough on the Way in today about these There's like two couples and they started like showering and like swapping off like wives or whatever, shower at each other, and I just was like I could not do anything related to swinging or doing like that. Not knocking it to the people that do it. I'm just so insecure in myself. I would be worried that my girlfriend Alyssa would like doing whatever with other person more then, and then not only that, I feel bad that whoever I get stuck, whoever.
Speaker 3: Gets stuck with me, whoever get stuck, they just gets.
Speaker 2: So disappointed and they're looking off at Alyssa and the other person on the side, like, damn.
Speaker 3: Most's nice.
Speaker 1: That's got to be the number one fear if you decided to go into the swinging lifestyle, is is your partner going to fall for someone else because they have I mean, obviously it's mostly just a sexual connection, but then what if they feel like they have more than that with somebody else. So it's kind of like that's got to be the gamble that you take, you know. And I think a lot of people do set rules ahead of time, yeah, with their partner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 4: The whole open communication thing because I have like pretty good friends that are polyamorous and they talk about their other partners like openly in front of the person they're married to. Yeah, And it's weird for me because they it's like a new thing for them, and gosh, it's kind of like if you ask somebody who went to Harvard where they went to school, and they were like Harvard and then they tell you all about it. Same thing with anyone who's polyamorous. They'll tell you all about it and I know it, so yeah, and I'll be like you, we live different lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we will.
Speaker 1: We don't have a ton of emails today, so just a heads up if you want to send an email. Ryan Show at katiewb dot com. It's going to be a three tomorrow for Friday as well, so if there's something specific you want to talk to us about, let us know. This one specifically also does come in for a day. But I think we can all answer this. It says, Hi, It's Chris from Northfield again with a random question.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 1: You've said before that the social media aspect of your job isn't your favorite, but I'm just wondering how exhausting it is. I follow all of you on Instagram and see that you have been doing a lot of collapse with all of you making small videos to make one big video. I can only imagine that it takes a ton of work for you to document your life outside of work for work. Love seeing it, but I feel it would be exhausting trying to get the perfect video of your life. Just curious on how everyone heals about it. Lickety dart, lickety dart, love y'all. There's certain things that we do that might look like it's complicated, but it's not. So like us clipping together videos of ourselves to promote the show is.
Speaker 3: Really pretty simple. Honestly, would you say it's.
Speaker 1: Easier now that we do that versus when you used to create a graphic for the show every morning? Or no?
Speaker 3: Or about the same. No, it's about the same, okay, because like I.
Speaker 1: Was like, I don't know, maybe this takes a little less time for vant to do versus you having to go in and create a graphic. But yeah, I mean it just it like depends. Because the three of us actually had a conversation yesterday just about social media and stuff, and Bailey was like, Okay, so I pretty much should just like document everything I do, And I go, no, don't do that, because then your life you're not living your life for yourself, you're living there for social media, and I do document a lot of things that I do if I have the time to do it. So for instance, I hung a disco ball that was easy for me to throw my camera up record myself doing it. And once you start doing social media, obviously it becomes easier. So pupping that video together cutting it up really didn't take me long at all. And same with just like the editing aspect of it on reels or TikTok and stuff. Once you start doing something like that, you get good at it and really doesn't take that long. Other people it might take them a couple hours. I see Andrew do an Instagram post that's just a video or just a picture one of his clients that bought a house and a caption, and he will take it such a long time on it because social media is not really second nature like it is to us, right.
Speaker 4: I feel the same about like that with like Andrew, because it's not something that I have like grown up as an adult doing necessarily, like I have social media, but it's never occurred to me like I should be posting on social media and like making videos or whatever until I.
Speaker 3: Got this job.
Speaker 4: So it's it's definitely something you have to like learn to do. Like I'll go to an event, have a really great time, and be driving home and think, wow, I should have recorded something for that. And then Vaughn actually like taught me what b role was because we went to an event together and he was like recording stuff and was like, what are you doing. He's like, oh, I'm just recording b roll so that he could turn it into a video. And so now like I'll go somewhere and I'll have to be like, Bailey, you need to record b role.
Speaker 3: You have to record b roll b roll, b roll b roll whatever.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, I hate getting my picture taken. So like if I can, like sometimes our weeken in five photos, which isn't even like social media necessarily, but I'll forget that I wasn't in any pictures and I'll be like oops, oops, my bad and try and throw one in last second. But it is hard for me personally, so I have to get better at that. But it doesn't take like a ton of time. It's just like time that you weren't planning on doing it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's tough for all I know it's tough for all of us, and there are some people that are more gifted at it than others. I just somewhat what's very discouraging for us as well. We all the three of us, even in this room, have a different amount of Instagram followers or like things that we're known for our niches or whatever. And obviously, Jenny, you've been at this longer than we have. But sometimes it sucks because I will go and post I love doing like little rants like I did one about like why I won't eat at the pot luck, or like my Grammy predictions, or when people got pissed in me for the whole red light thing. And I put a lot of work into those videos and then they just really kind of do shit. But then I'll post to something like that I didn't think twice about.
Speaker 3: And people will love it.
Speaker 2: So it's just a bit discouraging. But I mean it's part of the game. It happened with radio bits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is part of the game. Fom came in here with something slung across his shoulder. Do you want to tell us what you've got?
Speaker 2: I got a gift from shout out Juanita regular, She writes into the show, allough, Oh yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Have Janita's rants that we play. We just had one yesterday. If you listened to yesterday's episode, Oh I did that Minnesota Goodbye?
Speaker 3: No he did it, You're he did not. Why do you not support us? Excuse me?
Speaker 4: I know he doesn't listen, but that he's always texting me being like, did you guys talk about me on the Minnesota Goodbye today?
Speaker 3: Because I' getting texted about it at one time. You've texted me like fifteen hundred times.
Speaker 2: I got a gift from Wanita. She was texting the station and my dming me on Instagram at vant leak like you should follow me to saying hey, there's a gift coming to you Monday, Monday Monday, And it finally came. It's a shirt that with a gabble on it says.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that is Janita. You are so good at gims.
Speaker 5: That's hilarious, so funny, and I love it because it is kind of hideous and I feel like Jandita, you know that is a little hideous because it is a giant picture of a gavel and then it says Justice vont right at the bottom.
Speaker 3: I love it. It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's a regular show or like I think mainly what makes tape game usually because I always lose that I'm always saying justice for vont because Jenny just hates me.
Speaker 3: It always makes me literally not true.
Speaker 1: I give you points sometimes and then it's still justice for vont no matter if I give you a point or not. But also you literally say that at every segment. It's like justice for Vonta.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's almost like every segment.
Speaker 1: Any game we play, it's Justice vont Usually it's certain games.
Speaker 3: But Janita, nice job. That was a great little gift for Von Studio. Bailly and I are size medium to large. If you want to make we don't need anything, and we love that you did that for Von. That's awesome, the best.
Speaker 1: Okay, that'll do it for the Minnesota Goodbye today. Like I said, it'll be the three of us on the Minnesota Goodbye for Friday. So if you want to send us an email, go ahead and do that at Ryan's show at katiewb dot com. And as always, thank you so much for listening.