Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits you. Piare right in the quizzer. I'm Anny Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are already upsets and exciting things happening at the World Course.
Speaker 2: So many ties.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a good sports one. Everyone ties.
Speaker 2: Hey, we got some business.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good business, wonderful business. We want to give a shout out to a couple new patrons. We have the Biggs family and Emily wonderful, thank you. And we got a coffee from our good pal oh Arm. And we'd also like to wish a happy belated twenty seventh birthday to Glenda from Anthony and Arizonia.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, Tucson, Arizonia. Jackie daytona regular human bot.
Speaker 1: In Beast episode. And we had Zoom Trivia last weekend. And we want to give a shout out to the top three spots. In third place, we had Godzilla is my Patrona's.
Speaker 2: Pew.
Speaker 1: In second place, we had exhausted from all the cant evening, and the first place we had Living Beg.
Speaker 2: Everybody regulation fun times should be back second weekend of July.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, America will be over two hundred and fifty years old, and so will we don't think about it, And I think that's all the.
Speaker 2: Business business has concluded.
Speaker 1: Here's how the show works.
Speaker 2: Whiz Quiz, Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the big bang, A final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question. Round one. Question one, the category is sports. Who are the only four players to ever score forty five points or more in a close out NBA Finals victory. We'll give you two and a half points per correct answer. Question two category film. This one comes to us from a listener, Bobby. Thank you, Bobby, Thank you, Bobby, who holds the Guinness World Record for most stunts by a living actor. Question three category music. What was the only Genesis song to reach number one in the Billboard Hot one hundred ranking. Question four, category pop culture, which singer of the hit song son of a Sinner just filed for divorce from Bunny xo, And now the answers to round one. Question one? Who are the only four players to ever score forty five points or more in a close out NBA Finals victory? Moikel, Jordan Jannis and Teitacompo, Bob Pettitt and Jalen Brunson.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't really know about Brunson, but now I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: Congrats to the Knicks. Question two? Who holds the Guinness World Record for most stunts by a living actor? Jackie Chan fun fact? So far, his injuries have included breaking his nose three times, both cheekbones, most of his fingers, and his skull.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty crazy, but he's incredibly talented.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Question three. What was the only Genesis song to reach number one in the Billboard Hot one hundred ranking Invisible Touch? Yeah? Question four? Which singer of the hit song son of a Center just filed for divorce from Bunny Xo? Jelly roll?
Speaker 1: Round two? Question five, the category is geography. Which river in Argentina has the same name as a river and state in the USA. Question six, the category is history. This question comes from Medredada. Thank you Majadada. What country has both the world's oldest continuously operating army and navy dating back to eleven forty seven and thirteen seventeen. Question seven, the category is space. What is the term for a rock that originated in outer space and has fallen to the surface of a planet? Question eight? The category is literature. Edmund Dante is a protagonist who is a prisoner at the beginning of which novel? And now? The answer is to round two. Question five? Which river in Argentina has the same name as a river in state in the United States. It's not Mississippi or Missouri, It's Colorado. Question six. What country has both the world's oldest continuously operating army and navy dating back to eleven forty seven in thirteen seventeen Portugal? Who's disappointed at the World Cup right now? Question seven? What is the term for a rock that originated in outer space and has fallen to the surface of a planet? Meteorite.
Speaker 2: When they're in space, they're meteoroids. When they're falling through the atmosphere, they are meteors. When they hit the ground their meteorites.
Speaker 1: What a life cycle oid or eight? Nice? Question eight Edmund Dante is a protagonist who is a prisoner at the beginning of which novel. He's also the titular character. It's the Count of Monte Cristo.
Speaker 2: That's it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is science. This one comes to us from listener Nolan. Thank you, Nolan, Thank you, Nolan. You'll have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following. There are five non synthetic chemical elements known as halogens, residing in the second to write most column of the periodic table. Name them your time starts.
Speaker 1: Now, that's time. The five nonsynthetic chemical elements known as halogens are fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine, and aestetine. And here's a helpful hint from Nolan. They all end with the same three letters, and those letters are not em because they all end.
Speaker 2: An iin We said nonsynthetic because there's a sixth one that is considered a halogen but not quite proven to be. It's kind of like theorized to be a halogen if it's the group. Mainly because it has seven valence electrons and that's tennysine.
Speaker 1: And it does it's a favor and follows the same rule of ie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's just predicted to behave differently from halogens. That's why it's it is and it isn't at the same time. Yeah. Round three. Question nine. The category is theater. There are two actresses who have won four Tony Awards in the musical category. Name either of them. Question ten Category Society and culture. This one comes to us from listener Jos. Thank you, Jos. Thank you. Joe's what legal doctrine prevents a person from being tried twice for the same crime? Question eleven, Category Music. This one comes to us from listener Brian the Language Guy.
Speaker 1: Thank you Brian, Thank you Brian.
Speaker 2: What famous bassist slash keyboardist arranged the string parts for several songs on RIM's album Automatic for the People? Question twelve Category art which English painter who recently passed away was an important contributor to the pop art movement. Was also the most expensive living artist and had works that included The Splash and a Bigger Splash. And now the answers to round three Question nine, There are two actresses who have won four Tony Awards in the musical category. Name either of them. Here's a hint for you. One one for Maime, Dear Word, Gypsy and Sweeney Todd, and the other for Can Can Damn, Yankees, New Girl in Town and Redhead. They are Angela Lansbury and Gwynn Verdon.
Speaker 1: Two legends right there.
Speaker 2: Question ten. What legal doctrine prevents a person from being tried twice for the same crime? Double jeopardy? Question eleven. What famous bassist keyboardist arranged the string parts for several songs on RIM's album Automatic for the People? John Paul Jones of led Zeppelin. Question twelve. Which English painter who recently passed away was an important contributor to the pop art movement. David Hockney.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I heard about his passing and then I looked him up. I'm like, yeah, his work is familiar. It's very cool.
Speaker 2: It looks like a southern California like motel pool or something that doesn't it like, yeah, and people jumping in it or swimming or whatever. But it's got a recognizable style.
Speaker 1: Round four. Question thirteen. The category is sports. What are the four countries that are making their World Cup debut? Two and a half points for each right answer. Question fourteen, The category is television. By what nickname was Sergeant Bosco Albert Beacus, better known in The A Team? Question fifteen? The category is mythology? Who was being punished in the underworld by having water received when he tried to drink and fruit pull away when he wanted to eat? Question sixteen? The category is games and hobbies and the game mouse Trap? Which of the following is not part of the mouse Trap? Boot, bathtub, seesaw, and anvil? And now the answer to round four? Question thirteen? What are the four countries making their debut at the World Cup? Cape Verde, Kurasao, Jordan and Uzbekistan? Question fourteen? By what nickname was Sergeant Bosco Albert Baracus, better known in The A Team? Well except either Ba or bad Attitude, famously played by mister t Question fifteen, Who was being punished in the underworld by having water received when he tried to drink and fruitful away when he wanted to eat? Tantalus He was punished for either revealing many secrets of the gods, for stealing ambrosia from them, or for trying to trick them into eating his son. Greeks are crazy. The punishment, although the best known today was about what we just talked about, but in early Greek sources there's also one where a stone was suspended above his head. The kind of like a sort of Damocles situation, but with a stone.
Speaker 2: The water and grapes punishments a pretty inventive one. Yeah, they knew how to invent punishments.
Speaker 1: Question sixteen and the game mouse Trap? Which of the following is not part of the mouse trap? Boot, bathtub, seesaw or anvil, anvil? All the rest are in there.
Speaker 2: That's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang round. The category for this week's Big Bang is military History. I'll ask you three questions, the answers of which are all clues to the final questions answer. Keep in mind the clue questions may not be from the same category as the final question one, which Pixar movie that came out in nineteen ninety eight had voices by Dave Foley, Julia Louise Dreyfus, and Hayden Panetaire.
Speaker 1: Question two the practice of cultivating the soil, planting, raising, and harvesting both food and non food crops as well as livestock production is known as what.
Speaker 2: Question three, Which non contagious disease killed six hundred and ten thousand people last year?
Speaker 1: And Your Big Bang Question. During World War two, US soldiers used the first commercial aerosol cans to hold what.
Speaker 2: And now the answers to the Big Bang round question one, which Pixar movie that came out in nineteen ninety eight had voices by Dave Foley, Julia Louise Dreyfuss, and Hayden Pennett. Here a bugs Life question two.
Speaker 1: The practice of cultivating the soil, planting, raising, and harvesting both food and non food crops, as well as livestock production is known as what.
Speaker 2: Agriculture question three? Which non contagious disease killed six hundred and ten thousand people last year?
Speaker 1: Malaria and Your Big Bang Question? During World War two, US soldiers used the first commercial aersol cans to hold what nicknamed the bug bomb, often used in agriculture and in keeping away malaria. It is insecticide. Any of the bug bombs they were given were specifically formalaria because of the mosquitoes that the soldiers were dealing with.
Speaker 2: So it sounds great for human exposure, but malaria is the trade off. I suppose. Thank you guys for listening. We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: We hope you're all doing well and enjoying anything that you enjoy.
Speaker 2: Like Fake Summer or World Cup.
Speaker 1: But if you're boycotting the World Cup, we understand that as well. But it's not often you get a cheer from Belgium.
Speaker 2: So here we are, and for this episode of Quiz, Quiz Bang Bang. I've been David.
Speaker 1: Flora, I've been Andy Flora.
Speaker 2: He's looking at you. Quiz