Speaker 1: Welcome to dorking Out. My name is Sonia Mansfield and what are you talking to me for? She's the one with the gun. Joining me is my podcasting sister from another mister and the co host of Dorking Out, Margot Dee.
Speaker 2: Hello, my friend, Hello, my friend. This movie is badshit.
Speaker 1: It is bad shit. My favorite nineties thrillers. Whoo, we are dorking out about nineteen ninety nine's Double Jeopardy, which was a request from her. What a creep group, so thank you for the suggestion. Everybody over there, Yes, Directed by Bruce Beresford Berensford, Berensford, thank you, and written by David Weisberg and Douglas Cook. Stars Ashley Judd, who made a ton of these kinds of thrillers in the night.
Speaker 2: Yes, she certainly did, and she.
Speaker 1: Is very good at it, and Tommy Lee Jones, Bruce Greenwood and the Dish and a bad Fish. What a dish?
Speaker 2: That gish egg? I know, right, she's such gorgeous and the worst wig. I'm sorry, but that cannot be her hair.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know. It does look like a wig, though, you are.
Speaker 2: Right, there's there's some wig action going on in this movie. That's like, er ruh. It's always funny to me because wigs, you can get great wigs. They just cost a little money. But it's it's surprising to me. And it's still in Hollywood movies where they spend multimillions just you know, the right kind of posters to have in a room and everything like that, and then somebody will say like, hey, this wig looks really funky. Yeah, it's fine. That's fine, it's fine, nobody will notice.
Speaker 1: The worst is the Andrew McCarthy wig.
Speaker 2: And uh, that's what I was just thinking. But there are others.
Speaker 1: You are very good at spotting a bad wig. It's like one of your many it's.
Speaker 2: One of my talents.
Speaker 1: Did you see this movie in the theater?
Speaker 2: I have no memory of seeing in the theater, so I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 1: I one hundred percent saw this in the theater. I bet I saw this with my mom. That would be my guess we saw. You know, I used to go on Sundays with my mom. This seems like the kind of movie she would be all about.
Speaker 2: It's a very watchabul movie. Let me just say toats, like, it's very enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one hundred percent like a TBS Saturday Afternoon movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but seriously, just to go see a popcorn movie and just like sit there and just enjoy like the silliness of it, It's perfect.
Speaker 1: I feel like they these kinds of movies just go straight to Netflix now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like the last one I can remember is maybe the Girl from the Train was did you is that what it's called?
Speaker 2: Guy? Did that turn out terrible? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But it was another one where I was like, Emily, Yes, I was like, yeah, the fuck are we doing here? And I was like, but chowing all that popcorn? Like yes's but now these kinds of things go straight to Netflix or Lifetime or Yeah. But I I still really like them even though they're ridiculous, And this one's ridiculous, but I still like it. So we have beautiful, beautiful Ashley Judd, Like she is gorgeous even when she's in prison, Like she looks totally gorge.
Speaker 2: Her skin is, oh my god, she's so pretty.
Speaker 1: So pretty, and she's married to Bruce Greenwood hunky, totally hunky that and he has aged like like yeah, he's gotten better looking the older he's like Timothy, Yes, yeah, got good description. They are married, They are wealthy. They like have a gorgeous son or you know, a gorgeous son in a gorgeous house. And they live right on the lake or the is it the lake, the ocean whatever.
Speaker 2: They have a sailboat. That's so it's somebody of water that can handle a sailboat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they are, you know, having a fabulous party, and Bruce Greenwood is talking about his bougie art with people, and like the Gish is there, who's like their best friend, and they're like clearly like they look like a happy, lovely couple, and the Gish is like, hey, let me watch your kid for you. So you guys can like go out on the sailboat and make it rock. And they're like, yeah, let's do that. So they go on a little excursion on their sailboat, a little romantic get away, and yeah, they make the boat rocking. And she then later wakes up and Ashley Judd has who plays Libby by the way Libby Libby up and finds like blood on her hands, blood everywhere all over the boat and Nick is missing, and she's like at the you know, on the deck of the boat and she finds a knife and.
Speaker 2: Of course she picks it up. Of course she picks it up right nowadays because if we forensics has become very popular and people know we would touch that fuck because I think they yelled at, don't touch it. The fingerprints are on the fucking knife.
Speaker 1: Kick that shit into the ocean is what you do. No, I'm kidding. She shouldn't have picked it up. And like the minute she picks it up, here comes the coast guard with their spotlight. Put the knife down, ma'am, you know, And it takes for It takes a while before they explain how the coast guard even showed up there, because I hadn't seen this since the theater and I was like, why is the coastguard even there? And it took finally, like what fifteen minutes later they explained that Nick actually called the coastguard from the boat after he had been stabbed and that's why they were there.
Speaker 2: But for like, so, yeah, he put something in her drink? Is that what it is? Because she just passed out, so it had to be right. He had to write drug because she unless she's a really deep deep sleeper, yeah, or.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe his penis really just knocked her ass out.
Speaker 2: She was digmatized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she knocked her out one shot for the night as Salt and Peppa liked to sing, so she slept through it. But yeah, they they searched the lake, the ocean, whenever, and they can't find Nick's body. And now they have enough though to charge her with murder. Do they really have enough? I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, they clearly do not. But yeah, it's the movie. This is the movie world they want us to believe in.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, I mean they have He doesn't even say that she did it when he calls the coastguard. He just says he's been stabbed. She's denied bail, even though like she has a kid and friends and family there. She doesn't seem like a flight risk.
Speaker 2: No, not a flight risk. And yeah, she's been traumatized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they don't and they again, they don't find the body, denied bail clear And then there's like a two million dollar life insurance, which doesn't seem like a lot of money, but I mean years ago. Yeah, yeah, I'm like, it's still a lot of money. If I had two million dollars, I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be upset if I had two million dollars. Let me tell you, I would feel super rich if I had two million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it turns out Nick was also being investigated for embezzlement that she didn't know about. So honestly, you would think that the fact that they can't find a body and the.
Speaker 2: Fact that he owed money, yes, he was owing a big amount of money. And she has no record of any kind of violence, and they have no record of any kind of fighting between them unless the dish. The dish dish said something on the stand that said, oh, they were fighting all the time and she weren't, but we don't. I kind of like that they just kind of throw it in there. They don't really give us a long trial or anything. They just just drop us into the plot, which I always appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm like, it moves like they're yes, They're like, fuck it, she's guilty.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, no one believes her.
Speaker 1: Let's go, yeah, let's get her to prison. Hurry up, move along, because the movie's only like what and it's an hour forty five, so they're like, we don't have time for shenanigans. She is pretty pretty quickly. She realizes the trial's not going her way. She asks the gish to like adopt her four year old son. She's like that way she can take care of him while she is in prison. And so she goes to prison, still looking gorge by the way, like in her prison uniform, Like I wish, I wish I would look that great. So, you know, while she's like doing her Orange Is the New Black cosplay, the Gish like would show up and like visit and bring the little boy with her to visit, and it's very sad. You know, she's has to be with her son and she can't and et cetera, et cetera. But then eventually she stops coming around.
Speaker 2: Only like a month later. Two yeah, damn. They're instantly like she's fucked, let's go, oh.
Speaker 1: Well, and Ashley Judd is freaking out. She's trying to like get a hold of them. She can't. She's trying to do all of this from like a prison phone, and she finally like tracks her down somewhere and when she calls and she's talking to the sun and then Nick walks in and the son's all daddy, and that's when she realizes that Nick faked the whole thing, and the dish.
Speaker 2: Is in on it, and they're in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: And they're in San Francisco now, and there's you know, she calls all these people, she's trying to tell them, but nobody believes her that. She just sounds like a crazy lady who's like, I'm innocent, and everyone's like, yeah, yeah, we're all innocent.
Speaker 2: You know, roma mafia is there, Like who is? She's in a bunch of things in the nineties, like she was this character actor was just in everything, and she's always great what she's doing, always but always like the smartest too. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But the minute she's like, you know, I'm innocent, they're all like, yeah, me too, We're all innocent. And it's like he ran into my knife ten times. Yeah, yeah, believe did you see that?
Speaker 2: I sent you a clip from TikTok, Yes, and there's one here calls me Cornbread because I was making cornbread when I killed my husband.
Speaker 1: He ran into her knife twelve.
Speaker 2: I laughed so fucking hard. I'm sorry, y'all. It seemed like a post it someplace else because it was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you go to a women's prison, I suspect most a lot of women, Yeah, had come in exactly, and they're all innocent, right, They're all in.
Speaker 2: It as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she now knows that Nick fake the whole thing. Her son is legally adopted by the Gish, so like, there's nothing she didn't do. Yeah, there's nothing she could do it. And so her fellow inmates convince her, like, you need to just you need to get out on good behavior, so like you need to be like a model prisoner, and they like prep her for when she goes to the parole board, which is very Shawshank redemption. You know, I'm reformed, I'm this, I'm that, you know, throwing some born again Christian shit. And she gets out.
Speaker 2: After six years, yeah for stabbing her husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well everyone must have hated that guy. Yeah, I'm like, he let's we know she didn't do it, but let's say she did six years.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I thought too.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sure, So she gets out after six years.
Speaker 2: With the same haircut.
Speaker 1: Find Yes, her hair hasn't grown at all, like.
Speaker 2: It has the nineties bob that a lot of women had.
Speaker 1: Yep, she hasn't changed up her look at all. Meanwhile, the Internet has also become a thing while she's in prison, and I kind of like that she gets other people to do her Internet research for Throughout the.
Speaker 2: Movie, I had to stop for a second because I'm like, wait a second, this is nineteen ninety nine, Like where were we with the Internet? And I mean everybody had email, but I don't think I had broadband or whatever until like I have a very I think it's two thousand and one. I think it might have been still dial up at this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had like good Internet at work, but right saying like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, we would use Napster at work because I couldn't handle it at home. The server couldn't handle it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and there was no Facebook or any of that. There's no no, so you know, it's not like she could just like type a name into the Internet. And it's like, shows you.
Speaker 2: All this was there, even Google yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I probably not.
Speaker 2: Maybe Yahoo.
Speaker 1: You're all using.
Speaker 2: Yahoo or ask Jeeves. You had to ask Jeans, ask Jeeves. I made the ish that would have been a credit. My favorite is The Beach with Leonardo DiCaprio because he goes to an Internet cafe and he has an excite email address. I was like I did too. At one point.
Speaker 1: I definitely had an excite email. I also had a I had a Yahoo email for a long time.
Speaker 2: When I see I see a hotmail one occasionally too, or AOL and I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: My mom had a hot mail account until like two years ago. Wow, he was dedicated. Dedicated are the people that had Earthlink emails or Aol emails?
Speaker 2: AOL I. I was just talking with somebody the other day that was they have an a will address.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, holy shit, Now that's that's vintage it is.
Speaker 2: It's kind of old tiny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can kind of you might be able to sell that shit on eBay. Like maybe, So she gets out again, doesn't prison hasn't changed her at all. She her hair's the same, everything's the same. She gets out and they put her in a like parole halfway house that's run by Tommy Lee Jones, who Tommy Lee Jones. Like, I'm kind of confused at why Tommy Lee Jones is in this movie. And it's not because I don't like Tommy Lee Jones. I like Tommy Lee Jones.
Speaker 2: We all love him.
Speaker 1: But and he he's doing a good job, but.
Speaker 2: It's not a great script. I mean, he's not given much to do. I mean, he's a former when was he a former?
Speaker 1: He's a former law professor?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who now is a parole officer. But I'll say it's an alcoholic.
Speaker 2: Oh right, okay, so the alcoholism is what ruined his life. Yes, but he's Yeah, he's in charge of this women's halfway house and she tries, she attempts to flee at one point, and they get her pretty quickly. Yeah, but she's got to get out, she's got to find him because she's obsessed with getting her son back. Which I was going to ask you as your as a mother, would you be obsessed to get Calvin Beck?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? I mean I might try. I don't know the legal routes first.
Speaker 2: Before turning into two fugitives for the rest of your lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like maybe maybe i'd make some calls, you know, I would think as his she did the Gish did adopt him, that I would imagine that as his birth mother, you would have some sort of rights in this situation.
Speaker 2: Well wait, did we mention that Gish married the guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it turns out that she's in on it. She's married to him. The boy thinks that Ashley Judd died apparently, so like he doesn't even know that, Like his mom is out there, but the kid isn't living a lie in that the kid knows the truth really, I mean well kind of like he doesn't know that, like his dad like faked his death or whatever.
Speaker 2: But what a thing to explain, huh.
Speaker 1: But he must be like, what the fuck? I thought you were dead and now mom's in prison for murdering you. But you're alive.
Speaker 2: But you're alive, but she's really dead, and nobody knows that. The Internet's just going to get more powerful and easier to use. Because I was like, that's going to be an awkward conversation he's going to have with his son when he starts to figure shit out, like it does. It does a Google search one day and.
Speaker 1: Boom, yeah, son, we have to have two talks. One is about the birds and the bees and the others about how you're mom was didn't actually die.
Speaker 2: In person, How I met your mother, How I met your mother your second mother?
Speaker 1: I mean the original cut, the original cut of that show, but they decided to lean in on the comedy. I guess there's a whole thing where like before she fully starts breaking into places and going fugitive. She does go to like a library and is trying to use the internet, and like some younger guys like hey, hey, Ashley Judd, you know, let me help you. And then she says like, I don't really know how to do this because I was convicted of killing my husband. And he's like, whoa peace out. I'm like, good line, I'm gonna start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta remember that one. Sure, we can go for coffee. You don't mind my parole officer joining us, do you?
Speaker 1: So instead of again like calling the police or maybe getting a lawyer or any of those things.
Speaker 2: Or the media or the media exactly, stay show. Just go to Rockefeller Cender knock on a door, right, Yo, You're not gonna believe this batshit story, but it's true.
Speaker 1: Also, she's so photogenic, like I mean, how she would have a whole Netflix documentary about her. But Netflix wasn't a thing yet. So if she could have just waited like fifteen more years, like she could have that Netflix documentary and make that sweet streaming money. She pretty quickly violates curfew, breaks into like Maddie's old school. I'm sorry her son's old school to find Angela's that's the gish like her forwarding address, I guess, and that's I don't know. And then like the cops instantly show up, totally crazy police presence for like a random break in at an elementary school. There's like all kinds of right cops that show up. There's like a foot chase. The car like flips over.
Speaker 2: Like this, and they keep running after her. They flip over and they and she she still isn't able to outrun them. They get into a flipped over car scenario down a ditch and they just hop out like they're like Kendricks Lamar's after the show booms, but a scratch, get your ass back here.
Speaker 1: Ashley Mere flesh wound exactly, Ashley, I heard you, Like, I'm young, and they're.
Speaker 2: Just going after her a minor.
Speaker 1: So, they they catch her, They put her in cups, take her to jail, and then Tommy Lee Jones shows up because he's and he's gonna take her back to not the halfway house. I guess he's gonna take her back to jail because.
Speaker 2: She like, yeah, I'm gonna think that's a oral violation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a little bit breaking and entering this is this park is so dumb and that's why I love it so much. So he gets her out of jail, puts her in his like janky car, and then they get on the ferry and he's like, Okay, I'm gonna go get coffee, which he's gonna spike because again he's an alcoholic. And he handcuffs her to the door handle of the car, but he leaves the keys in the car.
Speaker 2: What And then she's fucking around because all the cars are in one spot, right, because that's how that's how a ferry works. If people are up if you're not hanging out in your car, you're gonna go upstairs and get a cup of coffee because you're not going anywhere. There's no reason to keep the engine running or to have your key. But anyway, he leaves her alone, and then she manages to get out, and there's one car that falls into the water that nobody sees, not one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's turned his car on and she's basically driving back and forth, back and forth, trying to like knock the door handle off so that she could free herself from the cuffs. And while she's doing that, she's like bam, bam, bam. She's crashing into all these cars, knocks one into the ocean, and everyone's like, oh, I wonder if we're gonna see any whales. Nobody, nobody can hear that.
Speaker 2: Nobody. There's a good tune of Sandwich Man as you get one. It's delicious. No one notices this red car just flying offah and then finally, yeah, but then he finally he could see her upstairs. He looks down to check on her, and he could see that she's up to Shenanigans trying to get away. So he runs. I love that word. So he runs down. He gets in the car with her, and then they land in the water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she drives it right into the ocean and.
Speaker 2: They both escape because nothing can well but an but we mentioned that the Gish is dead by the way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well we haven't got to that part yet. So she the car goes into the ocean. He's trying to like get a hold of her, and she like takes his gun and like hits him with it. She kicks his ass.
Speaker 2: She's been training at the gym. She knows how to like shakes with like a tampon and yeah, coat hanger or something she can just Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's been working on her fitness.
Speaker 2: And her weaponry and fighting back combat. Yeah, hand to hand combat.
Speaker 1: So he she like knocks him out basically, and they have to like pull him back to the ferry. Meanwhile, she's like you like bite.
Speaker 2: Like she just swims paddle paddle. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And now Tommy Lee Jones has to search every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, hen house, out house, and doghouse to find her. He's thinking, I'm gonna get my second oscar for this.
Speaker 2: Doctor Richard Kimball. I don't care.
Speaker 1: So she stops by her mom and visits her mom in another state. Her mom clearly has like tuck money like buried in the garden. It's like I always said there was money in these tomatoes or whatever, and like gives her a water, cash and a truck and sends her on her way. Also, she really should have just let her mom adopt her son, like her mom seems nice enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why didn't she do that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, she liked Annabeths, she liked the Gish. They were friends, Yeah, they were friends. She didn't suspect that there was something going on between her and which just happens. You know what happens. Yeah, the husband and the best friend yep, hair up with each other. But then he kills her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She she tracks the Gish down to like another address, and it turns out she died in a natural gas explosion. Totally normal, not suspicious.
Speaker 2: I think in their house, right, it was like the Yeah, the oven exploded or something.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not suspicious.
Speaker 2: Be suspicious'll be suspipicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So and coincidentally, you know, Bruce Greenwood and the sun weren't there, total coincidence. So she now she's lost track, Like the Gish is dead, The supposedly dead husband has taken the sun and split town. But she notices in the newspaper article that he still has his stupid bougie painting in their home, and so she decides that's how to track him down, and she goes into like an art dealer and again gets somebody else to search the internet for her to find.
Speaker 2: An image of a painting by an artist and to see when was this soul to somebody.
Speaker 1: Yes, because apparently he's very attached to this painting. So little tip for you, if you're going to fake your own death, maybe don't hold onto your bougie art.
Speaker 2: They'd say, if you're gonna escape your identity, you need to get rid of everything. This is why people fail at it, because you have to get rid of all the things, Like you like baseball. You would have to be somebody that doesn't pay attention to baseball, correct, you know, or you're somebody you walk your dogs every day at a certain time, like you have to. You just have to change everything about yourself, so that including your hair. By the way, actually Judd doesn't dye her hair blonde or the wig on, just short hair like you could be in disguise. Yes, take her wig, snatch that wig and head off. But heart's unknown. But no, she's looking for Maddie. And she does find out that Annabeth Gish it was dead and under weird circumstances, but nobody questioned it, and so Bruce Greenwood and the Sun are now. So she's trying to look for him because through him she can find her son, because she's not sure where her son is because she's pretty sure he's not going to actually raise that kid. That's not what he's in too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not his jam.
Speaker 2: No, he says, for missus, missus number.
Speaker 1: Three who will also die under Yes, seriously, I'm sure. So she finds out that like he's in New Orleans. She goes there. Now he's running like some hotel or something, and he's got a new name. The kid isn't there. It turns out he's going to some private school in Georgia. Again, does the kid not know that his dad has new names? Is he whatever? It doesn't matter. You're not supposed to think too hard. But that's one of the joys of these kinds of movies. So she goes to the hotel, she like charges a fancy dress on someone else's room, goes to like, I guess they're doing like a bachelor auction to raise money for something I don't know, and she like bids on her supposedly dead husband. She looks gorgeous.
Speaker 2: I mean that was at the commercials. That was in the trailer, Like how she looks, and she's stunning, stunning, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So she outbids some other woman and the other woman's like, go ahead, and him, honey, he's not worth it. I'm like, girl, you just dodged a bullet and you don't even know it. So like she bids on him. She confronts him, and she's like, you know, ask him, point blank, how long were you an angie fucking before you decided to get rid of me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I wrote down that exact quote because I don't know why why.
Speaker 2: I don't know why why would that trigger anything in you?
Speaker 1: So yes, I don't know, but I wrote it down word for word, and he makes up all these lines.
Speaker 2: And it wouldn't be hilarious if like one of her friends was on ambient and like sent him messages like like I did to your ex, Like she just said some fucked up.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess I should be grateful that know that the law wasn't involved, And Jesus, dude, just get a divorce.
Speaker 2: Exactly why don't you have to marry the second one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like everything he's doing for a little bit of a back to Fargo, all of this for a little bit of money. Yeah, what Ashley Judd is doing to get her son makes more sense to me than what Bruce Greenwood is doing just to get a little bit of money. I'm like, just get a fucking job, man, file bankruptcy, get a divorce.
Speaker 2: And this is like how high speed internet access changed everything. Because she's not in disguise. He's not in disguise either. He looks exactly the same. But people thought he died in just a couple of states over. It's like they're up an Oregon or something, and now they're in that's not far, y'all. It's an hour flight by plane like that kind of news. Could try there anyway, grow a mustache, nothing didn't tag, his hair, didn't go gray, no ven.
Speaker 1: So like he gives her all these all this bullshit. He totally tries to gas lighter, like I tried to fake my death so you know I wouldn't have to go to prison for embezzlement. I didn't think they'd really convict you. You know, all this bullshit. And she's just like, bitch, I don't care, Like give me my kid, I don't care. And they make some deal where like they're gonna meet the next day and he's gonna give her Maddie and she's gonna peace be with you. She's like, I'll give a fuck, enjoy your hotel and your new fake name and all these things. But he can't let that happen. Also, Tommy Lee Jones shows up at the auction and he continues to like just miss her. He's like constantly missing her by like a minute, over and over and over in this movie. What happens?
Speaker 2: Then he.
Speaker 1: Tommy Lee Jones like talks to the dead husband. He also doesn't think. He doesn't know that's the dead husband. He hasn't bothered to look at a picture right before this, like maybe look at a she has already told you what she's doing, and you have bothered to look.
Speaker 2: He could have looked this up on the internet. There were lots of places, lots of newspapers were on the internet by then, trust me, Like he could look up local news and find it. Yes, yeah, but he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't bother So like he he goes he meets the dead husband. He's like, I don't know, man, she's super fixated on you.
Speaker 2: Burn dn't d darn dunt.
Speaker 1: And then he goes back to a police station and then he looks him up and finds out, oh, he's not dead. She's right. Finally looks up the picture dead husband. Supposedly dead husband arranges to meet Ashley Judd at a cemetery she.
Speaker 2: Says in Orleans.
Speaker 1: In New Orleans, she says, it's very touristy and there's a lot of people around, but apparently not because he fully knocks her out and like.
Speaker 2: He has a kid playing Maddie. So she's like chasy and I was like, it's a it's a trap, dummy, that's not your son. But she's running around and he's and then yeah, it really shocked me. Like he knocks her head against a wall and throws her out, damn Mauz liam type thing, and.
Speaker 1: He knocks her in a coffin with a dead body. Yeah, what fucking nightmare? Fuel Like, oh, I would never be clean. I would show ever the rest of my life. I would be so horrified. But again, she wanted to meet him there because it was public, but he has no problem just fucking knocking her out, dragging her into this place and putting her in a coffin. No one says shit, like.
Speaker 2: No one saw it, no one, yep.
Speaker 1: But you know he's dumb. He didn't take her gun. So she like shoots the hinges off the coffin and escapes because she's a real smarty And that's when Tommy Lee Jones catches up with her and she starts crying and then he's like I got you, I got you, baby, girl, Like he's gonna make sure. It's like he's gonna help her now. And then we get this like standoff where like Tommy Lee Jones goes and confronts dead husband and he's like, I know you faked, you know. He confronts him, he tells him the whole story. It's like Scooby Doo. He tells him everything and he recorded it, including supposedly killing Ashley Judd. And here comes Ashley dud. You're not very good at keeping, promises Nick, and you know has her gun. And here's where double jeopardy comes into play, supposedly because she's already served her time for killing her husband, so in theory, she gets to kill him and it doesn't matter. She can kill him and she won't do any jail time. That's not right, which is which is bullshit, which is total bullshit, because you're not charged with just killing your husband. They have to say by use of gun or poison or whatever, like the fact that they said she probably stabbed him to death and threw him overboard. If it turns out that's not what she did, but she shot him in the head instead, you're gonna get arrested for shooting him in the head, correct, because.
Speaker 2: You're not allowed to do that, everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, the whole premise of the movie, the fact that it's called double ridiculous, Yes, like it is false. Like, yeah, she stabs him, dumps his body over the boat. That's what she was convicted for. If it turned out that she kills him in the middle of Marty Gras with a gun, that's a totally different crime. And she's gonna get charged again, but with.
Speaker 2: A handgun possession, with everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she kills him in the library with the candlestick, She's gonna get charged again. Whatever, it's fine. You have to let it go right, And you know, he at one point she shoots at him, but she like just like it just goes by him. She shoots his stupid fucking painting basically that he's clearly so obsessed with. And I wrote it in my notes, I hope he pete his pants a little bit when that happened. I would have liked that, but they didn't show that. And then they get into a big scuffle and everybody dies. No I'm kidding, he dies. The husband finally dies, and Tommy Lee Jones is going to get Ashley Judd her pardon and she goes and sees her kid and he's like, they told me you were dead, and then they hug poor kid. Yeah, fucking kid. I hope she gets them a therapist.
Speaker 2: I wonder what he's doing right now, like it's been over twenty five years. Like, yeah, the unpacking that trauma, yep, because it's enough that it's bad when it happens to you, but then when you get in relationships with other people, it's going to come up and you have to figure out what your story's going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's one hundred percent dumping that on some woman on Love is Blind. That's what I think. Yeah, I know you're not watching that show, but the trauma dumping that goes yeah on that show is pretty epic.
Speaker 2: Well, it happened on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. There's a woman named Daurat and she and her husband are like Disney villains, Like they're just very goofy. They're always up to some schemes to make money, but they do it in the cheesiest way possible and they can't see that. So there's a new person, Bose who showed up in the show, and she came in and to read her husband are now separated. So they meet for the first time, and she really is like, my husband and I broke up. He's a raging alcoholic, I don't know what I'm gonna do, blah blah blah. And this person is just like so open to someone's trauma. She's like, oh, okay, And that's how they bond. It's just her going up to her and saying everything that's wrong with her, which in real life for most people that I'd be like, I'm gonna go get some pretzels. I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: That's when I chug my dream. She's like, my drink is empty.
Speaker 2: It's like Cecily, what's Cecily from Saturday Night Live? She has the girl that everybody runs to at the party, that no one wants to talk to at the party. Oh Cecily Strong.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah. Trauma trauma bonding. Yeah, he's definitely trauma bonding with someone. But hopefully she you know, she seems like, yeah, she's a good mom. Hopefully she hooked him up with a little fit some therapy, you know. I yeah, maybe they got the modern health app.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Once she figured out the.
Speaker 2: Internet, and it's only another ten years, but yeah, they get an iPhone or something.
Speaker 1: This movie is you are right, it is bad.
Speaker 2: Shit. It's just completely insane, Like nobody acts like a person would really act. Nope, And I thought, honestly, I thought, like the script is really bad. Like there's certain times where I really, honestly, if you ever watched a movie and you kind of feel bad for the actors because you're like, this dialogue is garbage, Like how does anybody make this believable?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I just thought that during last week's movie, Body.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, so bad.
Speaker 1: I'd rather watch this one than Body of Evidence, for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, I'll watch this one again for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is like bad good and the other one is just bad bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's bad bad. This is like bad but watchable.
Speaker 1: Yes, very very watchable. I read that there were a couple of other people before Ashley Judd, including Michelle Pfeiffer, meg Ryan Brookshields, and Jodie Foster were all attached.
Speaker 2: At one point, I had called bullshit on Brookshields, and I love Brookshields, but there's no way she would have gotten a movie this big in nineteen nine nine Toads. I thought this was not at all. Sometimes I think IMDb is just her people put put that in there. It was just a wishless you know what I mean. It doesn't mean they actually approach that person, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: She we love Brookshields here.
Speaker 2: We love her. It's not against her. But you know, just your show business careers go up and down, and at this time, you know, Ashley Judd was getting all the parts for movies like this. That's like that, you know. It doesn't mean she was the best at it, just but she was good at it and she made money for people.
Speaker 1: So anyway, uh, we're going to list some Ashley Judd movies. First, I want to tell you Ashley Judd was nominated for Best Female Performance at the MTV Movie the Awards.
Speaker 2: Did she win She did not.
Speaker 1: So the other nominees are Julia Roberts for Runaway Bride.
Speaker 2: I hate that movie.
Speaker 1: I have never seen it.
Speaker 2: It's just dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should we put it on the list.
Speaker 2: We probably should because they're desperately but Gary Marshall's desperately trying to bring back Pretty Woman. Yeah, and it's like the same character, really, Vivian, Like that's how she's playing like, not not really but really Anyway, continue.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ashley Judd obviously, Nev Campbell for Scream three.
Speaker 2: Like if I've seen the third one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen the third one. Drew Barrymore for a movie that is definitely on our list, Never Been Kissed. Yeah, talking about that movie. That movie was a problem in ninety nine, like and it's a problem now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the winner was Sarah Michelle Geller for Cruel Intentions.
Speaker 2: I like that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on our list. We've gotten a request for that one. And then I have some Ashley jud movies for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Heat.
Speaker 2: I know some people love Heat, It's not my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really like Heat. I know you like this one, Smoke.
Speaker 2: Yes, filmed. I was just there Winteruitarist my hot Dog Place, don't you?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: I love the Dog Day Afternoon. Hot Dog Place, that's what they call it, right across the street from the film Dog Day Afternoon.
Speaker 1: Because it's awesome that it is awesome. I have their shirt. I love it. She was in a Time to Kill.
Speaker 2: I had looked forward to that movie so much.
Speaker 1: We cover that, right, yeah, we did a Time to Kill and the Client together right ooh, we should do Pretty Woman and run Away Bride together.
Speaker 2: I think we could do right Away Bride on its Own and Pretty Long. I honestly think there's enough to discuss with both.
Speaker 1: Okay, another Ashley Judd Kissed the Girls.
Speaker 2: We'll definitely cover that one day because I like that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am the beholder.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: It's another thriller that came out maybe a year later. I didn't see it, so I know I saw this one someone like You. No, I don't know that one, a romantic comedy with Hugh Jackman. They it was, uh, it was not good. She was in another thriller called Twisted.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That was in San Francisco. So now it's moved up to the top of my list. And then she's in the Divergent movies, which I've never seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I couldn't read those books or see that movie. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have a friend who my friend Kate, who might be listening. Hi, Kate. She loves those movies, but I have never seen them. That's our Ashley Jed movies.
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear the top ten for when this movie came out? Do you know the date this came out, and I know he came out in ninety nine, is it like I will look it up for you fall or this is the top ten. Actually this is a time capsule in nineteen ninety nine. So I'm gonna go with the top eleven because you have to listen to this. So number eleven, okay, it came out in September, just so you know, Okay, September nineteen nine. This is top forty for that for the week. I think it's like September twenty fifth or something. This is this was American Charts Pop hits. So number eleven, we'll do eleven. We have to because the number eleven song Lost in You by Chris Gaines and Chris Gaines is Garth Brooks, so he charted. He did chart with that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god's one of my favorite things.
Speaker 2: Number ten, I have no idea what this is. Where are my girls at seven? Oh two dash two two?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Number nine Someday by Sugar Ray. I do like Sugar Ray.
Speaker 1: I have to say, oh yeah, yeah, okay, I know that song.
Speaker 2: This next one, oh god, some of these are really bad song yet okay. Number eight smash Mouth All Star. It's just too much.
Speaker 1: So that was in the movie mystery Men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in a lot of movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, it's fine, that song.
Speaker 2: A million dollar movie. It's in there. I think it's in Shrek.
Speaker 1: It's in Shrek.
Speaker 2: And then it's a lot of commercials too. I mean, good for them for making the money. By the way, I don't I don't have any problems with smash Mouth at all, especially they lost their singer. But it's just one of those songs like, why is this one people play all the time? Still?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you still hear that.
Speaker 2: Song of it? Okay, here's some others. Number seven You'll love this Smooth Santana featuring Rob Tommasoo.
Speaker 1: Number damn you for bringing this up because you know it's gonna happen, is gonna get stuck in your head, and it's gonna come on every time. Margo brings it up. After I get in the car, it comes up every.
Speaker 2: I think it's the Adam Risky because Adam was the one that really got a violent reaction when I read that for one of our movies. Recovered. Number six, lou Bega Mambo. Number five, that song, that song is catchy as Ship. I mean it's stupid, but it's catchy as ship. I know. Also it's like a commercial for everything and good for them.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Number five LFO Summer Girls.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't. I don't know that one.
Speaker 2: You would if you saw it. It's one of those boy bands. Number four great song, Christina Aguilera, Genie and a Bottle.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a I mean that's a banger, that's a total pop.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's a bop.
Speaker 1: It is a bop.
Speaker 2: Number three Enrique Glesias ballemos. Oh, I think that's how you say it. Number two Ricky Martin, She's all I ever had.
Speaker 1: I was lot, we were all uh it live in Levita Loca around ninety We certainly were.
Speaker 2: And number one un Pretty by TLC.
Speaker 1: Oh I love TLC.
Speaker 2: I know I miss them.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a good song, and that's a yeah list. What else are you dorking out about?
Speaker 2: My friend? Well, first I have to tell you my Ashley Judd story and then I'll get into it. Okay, So I worked at an agency at this time. It's exactly at this time, and there's a publisher called hay House, and it's like a Christian publisher, and Naomi Judd wrote a cookbook for hay House. So my friend was the publicist for that book and she worked with Naomi, who she said was a little uh wound up, which you know. So she flies to Nashville because that's where the company's based, and she's going to dinner at this lodge. And at this lodge, they have this huge bonfire. It's like in the movies, you know, like you picture old men smoking cigars and shooting this shit. Yeah, so they're having dinner in front of this fire, and she says, Ashley showed up really late and showed up with her assistant, and she was very dramatic when she was talking. She's an actor, you know, she's just very affected. So she was something something like, you know, the hopee Indians sat by the fire because it helped heat their backs. And she was touching these two men were sitting next to her. Each one she was putting her hands up and down their backs, like the heat is coming up your backs. My friend was like rolling her eyes like, oh my god, like, you don't have to work this hard. You're gorgeous and you're famous. Like but then her assistant's name was Sunday. And the reason why, the reason it's important is that at one point she got a call. Ashley got a call from someone. It was like on her beeper or whatever, and all of a sudden she jumps up from the table and yells Sunday, like at the top of her voice to holler over this poor assistant, and then they just left the dinner like boom, poor Sunday. I know, poor Sunday.
Speaker 1: Love that story, Ashley Judd, cool story. Did you know that sometimes people get next to the fire to get for heat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't like just the Yeah, some Indian tribe she mentioned a Native American traffic excuse me, but like a hope, like the hope Indians sat by with their the rulers would sit with their backs to the flame, and Christ thought the same thing. She like, yeah, anybody sits near the flame of a fire because it's light and heat, like you don't light and then go back inside and ignore the fire. Like but you know, she's just that was just my story. I love anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good story.
Speaker 2: And uh, let's see, so I'm dorking out. I'm still doorking out about Kendrick Lamar I love it's love it. I love the video of Tea Pain giving his review offtime show So good on Hulu Scamanda, they had their final episode. We talked to the producer Charlie what Charlie.
Speaker 1: Charlie like, Oh boy, let me look look it up.
Speaker 2: Look it up. Sorry, it's not Charlie Works. That's the drummer for the Rolling Stones. She was Charlie Webster. Yes, yes, she was our guest on What to Creep. We talked about this documentary if you liked, if you liked this series, We talked to the creator like a couple of summers ago. So look that up on Max. They have I didn't mention this last time, but there's a Luther Vandros documentary.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's on my list.
Speaker 2: It's so good. His voice is so freaking beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely.
Speaker 2: And then there's a whole section where they're talking about Luther going on tour and he had these very elaborate tours, like dance sequences with this tours. Sonya, guess who was the choreographer for Luther Vandrose. I wonder who could Lester Wilson. Yes, that's amazing, I know, I know he choreographed Saurday Night Fever, which is a book that's coming out later in the year. You'll he'll roll about him. He's the real choreographer Saturday Night Fever. Anyway, continuing on Netflix, I watched the Gabby Petito Me Too, and I almost threw my TV out the window. I was so angry.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have thoughts about the uh closing li too.
Speaker 2: I actually fifteen minutes left. So is it like at that at the very end they do something different?
Speaker 1: Uh no, No, No, it's they have like some text at the very end. That's like when she posted her first travel video, her like one and only travel video, it had like sixty views, and now it has more than seven million. And I'm like, okay, like it's gross. It's like right, like, oh, she's finally an influencer because she got murdered.
Speaker 2: Right Like if she just managed to not get murdered that, you know, she would never have been popular as a YouTuber. I don't know what the point of that was, real, I it's yeah, but she's a woman that was traveling with her boyfriend and they were doing a thing where they were gonna because it was during lockdowns, they were going to travel across country. It's in twenty twenty one. People are starting to open up again, and they're traveling and at one point I think they're in moab Utah, that's where she was. They were pulled over and the cops are talking, and you can hear the original tapes. The cops are saying there's a man slapping a woman in a truck and they're concerned about them, So the cops pull them over, and they noticed that she has scratches and marks on her, but he also scratches on him. And she's having an episode, like she's really nervous and over excited, and the cops are talking to her. She's having a really hard time like keeping her breath and maintaining her composure. Right, it's full on, and she's having a panic attack and it's the cops and then he's just being like, ah, she's crazy. She just goes nuts sometimes I have a hard time controlling her. And of course there's there's also a woman there by the way. Yeah, this is how like skewed the fucking world is, and how likable we make men even when they're not doing something likable. They all take his side, and they all decide she's the real girl, and she does say, well, I might have started it, and any cop, anybody who knows what domestic violence would know people do blame themselves, like that's a part of it. So she's tiny, and she's teeny tiny, and she's hugely upset, and she has fucking scratches and marks on her. Yeah, but the cops first of all just believe him. They all cupcake her and they're like, oh, Kunni, here's five bucks. Go some place and get a shower and take a nap. You'll be okay.
Speaker 1: That's what my life wife likes.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: She's upset, I tell her to. Yeah, she takes the show er.
Speaker 2: You do that because she's escaping from you, you shithead. But anyway, they let They send him to a hotel that they usually send for domestic violence victims, which is usually women, and they give her five bucks and tell her to go get a shower and park a car somewhere and get over it. She and the boyfriend get back together and then he goes home in their van and nobody knows where Gabby is and he's like, I don't know where she is, and his parents completely and it's so amazing having these cameras that are on these vests that these cops like can film everything. The parents aren't talking to them. He's like, hey, we're worried about her. Parents, like don't know where she is. And his parents like, just call his lawyer. Just call his lawyer. That's it. And they're in Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not weird, that's not alarming.
Speaker 2: Right, But by then, obviously it's too late because he had murdered her. Yes, and they find her body and then he dies by suicide and there's so there's no justice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and how did he get out without anybody seeing with his parents, there's like all these people around the house, like asking where Gabby is. The cops aren't the cops they're watching him. No, I guess not.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's very very frustrating, and I do I do appreciate that they do have like a really short segment about the idea of like missing white woman syndrome. Yes, the media covers these kinds of they lose their minds for these kinds of cases, but there's all kinds of like, uh, Indigenous women all over the country that are missing and there and people.
Speaker 2: Are just like thousands. Yeah, like there are thousands in North America and in the US and Canada. I'm sure in Mexico, but there's yes there. And it is like she's a pretty blonde, very young. I was. I don't know if you felt this way, Like I'm the same age as her parents, Like, I cannot imagine what they're going through, you know, to lose your only child and they're only like twenty one, twenty two years old. I could awful. I feel so awful for these people, and I know a lot of people. I hope, you know, I hope the discussion is, you know, more cops are getting more better training at what to do to de escalate a situation, but also just trying to gather the truth of what's going on and understanding like abusers gaslight their victims. They constantly make them look feel that it's your fault that I'm behaving this way. Yes, you are angering something in me that I can't and you need to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do you make me so mad?
Speaker 2: Why are you always difficult? Why do you always have to freak out? Why are you so like? Why do you make me do this? Basically, kids grow up in that environment and blame themselves, you know. And so the cops should have of how the fuck she had to take a shower for five bucks and sleep in a car versus this guy, but they decide he's the victim.
Speaker 1: It's insane to me that they thought he was the victim.
Speaker 2: And I was mad at the time when I first heard about it in the media. I but then to see it and hear it for yourself, Yeah, it's so infuriating.
Speaker 1: It's very very frustrating.
Speaker 2: Doc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on Netflix if y'all want to check that one out, but it is. It is very very frustrating.
Speaker 2: And then Cobra Kai had their final few episodes. It was good. I'm not going to say who won, but it was a nice ending.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's good to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like there's a couple of kids that are in the show that are couples now, like they all kind of grew up together. It's so cute.
Speaker 1: Oh that is cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. I love that. I love that.
Speaker 1: Is that? Is that your list?
Speaker 2: That's my list? That's my list.
Speaker 1: Well, we already talked about American Murder, which was my list. Also. I am watching Below Deck down Under. Yes, I love always Anthony the chef. Oh my god. So they give uh Zorena a sou chef and he's such an asshole from like day one, like just doesn't want to be a soux chef. And I'm like, why did you agree to be a soux chef if you don't want to be a soux chef?
Speaker 2: And I got an argument with somebody on Reddit because I'm like, something about this show really makes me hate gen Z because there's like, because last he's so entitled. And this happened in the below deck sailing recently. There was like two stews that gave Daisy the lead the head stewardess. What do I think? Chief? Yeah? Whatever? The chief do chiefs do? Thank you? Her second and third stew like we're constantly giving her our time. Like she would ask them to do something, they would complain, they'd roll their eyes. They want to have a collaboration about everything, like you know, let's discuss what my my what my tasks are, and it's like, no, I tell you because I'm your boss. Yeah, there's not a discussion. But he was really shitty. Ruleder and Captain Jason is such a badass. He just completely he the guy gives notice. He's like, I'm taking another boat. They've only done one charter together. They're in the middle of their second one. Yeah. He's like, I'll stick around for this and maybe the next charter and then you'll be okay. But I'm gonna go. And so she goes and tells the captain. The captain comes back, goes, you can leave now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck off, get off the fuck off. I'm gonna get off now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Boat, what a p It's just it's so shitty. First of all, I don't understand why did you agree to be on the show as a soux chef when you don't want to be a sooux chef?
Speaker 2: Was you don't like women?
Speaker 1: Yes? I was just going to ask, is it because he's reporting to a woman. He shit talks her food to the in the confessionals constantly, and he and he's so proud of himself when he does it, like her food's kind of basic.
Speaker 2: Like I would do this and this and this. Well, you're not the chef.
Speaker 1: Also, we saw what you serve. It's not fuck you, you're not top chef.
Speaker 2: Like, no, he has no yeah, he has no chill. And he was like and he said. She's He said to her, I could cook the octopus. I'm really good at this. Let me cook the octopus. She's like, you know what, fine, you cook the octopus. I'll do everything else. And it points she points to it, and she goes, what are you to do with the legs? You mean the tentacles? Like he has to just throw that in there. Turns out the fucker ruined it. He made a shit mistake because he was being an idiot and this is what he thinks. And even you can tell his voice completely changed when he talked to her. I was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: And she's like, no, yeah, we'll figure it out. He was totally professional with him. She's like, that's fine, we just won't We'll put something else in. It'll be fine, you know, blah blah blah, and no appreciation right for that's he sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he totally sucks.
Speaker 1: And I love the Jason's like, now you don't get to leave, you don't.
Speaker 2: Or you're not going on your terms? Yes, yeah, you can get the fuck off my boat now, Like he doesn't play around, And I love bosses like that.
Speaker 1: Jason such a stud.
Speaker 2: Because if I were Captain Sandy, because I know you don't watch Med, but Captain Sandy would go to Zarena and say, you need to work on your management skills. Why don't you go there and try to find a way to find his sparkle. And it's like it's so fucking infuriating, Like, Captain Ja so.
Speaker 1: Much you can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if somebody's just being belligerent and not professional and completely disrespecting you. They never called her chef, you never anything. And Jason heard him complain to her, like you're having me do this, this and this, and I you know, I'm gonna be overworked. And she says, all right, we want to give that to the stews, and you could take a nap or something if you want to take a rest for a couple hours. No, I don't need rest. It's like, but what do you want?
Speaker 1: Just want to do what I want to do?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, so do I. But that's not how life works, baby. Anyway, it's a really great show, and it is. The Sacials look beautiful, the islands like and they.
Speaker 1: I love the scene where they're all out celebrating and they're like at the at the clerb and they're dancing and then it cuts back to Jason and his little short silk rope. He's like looking in the fridge, like look at for a snack, and I was like, I would much rather be with Captain Jason right now.
Speaker 2: He reminds me of Fred Ward in a big business that kimono he has. Yes, where do you guys get your robes? Fire Island?
Speaker 1: Oh, I love Captain Jason so much. And then there's a very like scary accident with Harry and he goes smashed and like his whole nail comes up.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's so awful. And they have these influencers as guests. There's like a guy that's like, you know, there's everyone's a while to have a guest that's like taking a group of people and they're gonna, you know, be a mentor to them. And they're doing a prayer and he says thank you for being so good looking, that I'm so good looking and bubba, and I'm like, I think he's joking.
Speaker 1: But he sounds I'm all bit iusy.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like it's just great, but it's funny.
Speaker 1: They seem like nice guests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they actually say nice.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're gonna be the worst, and then they're like, he's not he doesn't really drink, like they're like going to bed in decent time. They're right, like, the show's so good. I can never thank Margo enough for getting me to watch Below Deck down Under.
Speaker 2: And Real Housewives of Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the best, the best I watched. I've been trying to cut down my TikTok time, but I was on there the other day and I sent Margo a bit of John Oliver on the Stephen Colbert.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: John Oliver was singing the praises of Real Housewives of Salt Lake City and how it's his favorite thing, and I was like, see, John Oliver gets it the best.
Speaker 2: It's the best.
Speaker 1: I miss it. I miss it so much already.
Speaker 2: I know it's gonna take months before we see them again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm also watching Love Is Blind. I'm I watched the first First of all, they did six episodes of them and the pods, and not all the couples make it to the next part where they all go on like their trip to Mexico or whatever, So we spend a lot of time with people who don't even make it, which is but also it was six hours of like pod stuff, and I know in the past people have been like, I'd like a little bit more time with the pods because it used to be two episodes. Six is a lot. There's shit where I was like, you should cut this stuff, and again, like I don't think they do proper background checks on these people. There's so many red flags male and female. That show is just batshit insane. And that one is it's filled with trauma dumping and people bonding over that sort of thing. There's a woman there. All of them are. They live in Minnesota. Most of them live in the Saint Paul Minneapolis area, which is like big city, small town kind of vibe like and that's also where George Floyd was killed and was kind of the epicenter of black Lives Matter. And so one of the women asks the guy, like what do you think of black Lives Matter? And he's like, I kind of just stay out of it, like I didn't even vote in the last election.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: And she's like, well that's a really big deal to me, like I don't you know. And then he she talks about like she has a gay sis and he's like I'm very supportive of those people. You like the way he talks about it. It's like red flag, red flag, red flag, and she still fucking picks him, and oh, it just drives me up. It's another one where I'm like, I don't think any of these people are gonna get married. The show is so stupid. Why do I watch it? It's so dumb because the whole experiment is like it's hosted by Nick Lashee and his wife who said NASA. Yes, they're very obnoxious people. It's like, is love truly blind? And it's like, this is stupid all of these people. First of all, there's people who are in their twenties on the show. I'm like, you are too young for the show. They all look the same, every dude, especially on the show. I was like, I can't tell any of them apart. They're all white dudes with brown hair, all of them. I'm like, I can't tell any of them apart, Like there's no diversity. There's like two black people. I'm like, you're in Minneapolis. You got two black people, that's it. And there's just so many red flags, and they're all objectively good looking people. They are all thin, they're all conventionally attractive, like these people would have no problem dating in the real world. So their experiments, Yeah, I guess the experiment is such bullshit. It's such they have had successful matches, but but maybe three out of like eight seasons or something. It's just so stupid.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: So that's also on my list. Yeah, that's my list. That's a good list, my friend. Can you tell people where they can find you on the internet.
Speaker 2: You can find me at Brooklynfitchick dot com. I'm at Brooklynfitchick for threads and Instagram, and then I'm at Brooklyn Margo for Blue Sky and TikTok, and my YouTube channel is at my name Margo Donahue.
Speaker 1: Follow her on all of the things. Her book is coming out this year about Saturday Night Fever, and you're gonna want to see all the awesome stuff that she posts, so follow her and if you like the sound of our voices, we also host a podcast called What a Creep where we talk about creeps of the past and the present. We have a movie Creep right now.
Speaker 2: We have.
Speaker 1: He's Fronch French Brunch fries and this is your water for reu He is the director of like the Fifth Element and the Professional and he's a real creep, so listen, enjoy. The episode ends with people or things or organizations that are not creepy, so check that out. You can find me at the Sonia Show dot com and the Sonya Show on Blue Sky and threads and Instagram and TikTok and everywhere but Twitter. Really goodbye me on the things and email us at Dorky and out show at Gmail. If you want some stickers, send us your address and we'll send Margot will drop some stickers in the mail because she is a lovely, kind person who would do that for you. We also take requests, so if you want to email us a request, please do again. This one was a request, so we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: And it's from our what a Creep Podcast group group page, so if you try to join that, you do have to answer questions.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you just have to not be an asshole and we'll lay so you can come and talk about movies. So email us with your requests or follow us on threads, Facebook, Instagram, Blue Sky and send us your requests, your thoughts. We appreciate it. Leave us a review. It helps us find our people. This was super fun. I love it when we talk about a nineties thriller. It gives me so much joy.
Speaker 2: Sunday