Speaker 1: Welcome to the five o'clock show. It's time for common sense. Now it's Kats and Gosby with John Katsimatids and Rita Gosby standing for truth, justice and the American Way bringing common sense to the world. Now here's John Katsimatids and Rita Gosby breaking news WABC.
Speaker 2: And there is some big news here on Kats and Cosby John. President Trump making some big news moments ago with birthright.
Speaker 3: Tourism executive order.
Speaker 2: Executive order from the Oval Office, and who better. We've got Judge Weinberg with us. Obviously we also have Ed Cox, and we also have Governor Patterson and Judge Weinberg. Give us the sense of what it means and why he did it.
Speaker 4: You can do an executive order without legislation. This is narrowly tailored. He's going after people. For example, if you came here with a deliver intent to get citizenship and you didn't have a reasonable basis for being here, it's fraudulent. You don't get citizenship for your children. That's one the diplomats don't get citizenship for their kids.
Speaker 3: Number two.
Speaker 4: Number three, if you're the child of a foreign enemy citizen, you don't get citizenship, so all narrowly tell it.
Speaker 3: How about what my son's wife sore in California where they have I guess, homes with forty pregnant women that would.
Speaker 4: Fall within this executive good point, John, They would fall within this executive order.
Speaker 2: What about these birthright tourism companies like you know, like you see people from Russia, Ukraine, Mexico saying forty thousand dollars, I'm nine and a half months pregnant. I'm gonna come over and have a baby and then go back, and I'm paying forty fifty thousand.
Speaker 4: Let me add another dimension. I would prosecute those people for fraud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're already doing it, so.
Speaker 4: Do that criminally. I proscuted them for fraud, put them out of business. And who have been doing this? Chinese?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chinese? You also hear Mexico. They have those big signs in Mexico, Russia, Ukraine. I mean you see these women saying, yeah, I paid X amount and now I have an American child.
Speaker 3: I have an American citizen in eighteen years. Now he'll bring me back and act in security. Yeah, I get bootstraps. They bootstrapped.
Speaker 4: They used the kids to bootstrap themselves and the rest of the family.
Speaker 2: You know, one of the things, guys, and that really resonates what you just said about countries that are enemies to us. I mean, by the.
Speaker 3: Way, the other big story Trump nuked El said.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. He said that last night at the rally, and he said, this guy is making all these false promises. He's full of blank. Yeah that John.
Speaker 3: You I heard it someplace full of crap.
Speaker 2: There it is. That was the toned down version of it.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, hopefully the last time we all common and then commented on that that the Supreme Court shot him down because he was over was overbroad, his lawyers were not that smart and he was overbrought.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, and Professor John casimtit's the honorary lawyer, lawyer, but an excellent one, pointed out they should have narrowly tailor of that, which is good because the fat, you.
Speaker 3: Know, looks like fraud. You can't even say if you stopped the next hundred people walk by and ask him, does this sound like fraud? If they said yes, then it looks like.
Speaker 2: Frud Well, and the thing to you, guys, President Trump was saying that it's hundreds of thousands of people. This is not like a one off and the other thing. If you look at the list, like there's not that many countries that allowed birthright, citizenship a handful right, only a handful. So I mean we've been extremely generous, well beyond that at this point. And fraud, and.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to fundamentally, this argument is totally entrary to the legislative history of the fourteenth Amendment. This was to protect the African Americans who have been victims of slavery, to protect them. It was a limited application for a particular class. It wasn't a come on in for the whole world.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of come on in, I guess what's happening with the Democratic Party. They're all coming on in for l s. I ed you guys, the guy who won in Michigan.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it. I just you know, when Senator Schumer and I love the guy, he's a friend of mine for forty years.
Speaker 2: I can't believe he puts out a statement saying he has our full support. And Gretchen Whitmer, who was running supporting the woman Hailey Stevens, who was running a big supporter the current governor of Michigan said, oh, I'd never well within me. He is a great guy.
Speaker 3: I had Vice President pens On on Monday. What did he say? Us Republicans might have a few flaws, But the Democrats have lost their mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think they have. And that's what want to say. It's a nice way they're doing.
Speaker 4: They're putting party over country. That's exactly they're saying it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting, Ed Cox to the judges point, they're coming right out like they're asked now in the hallways of Congress, what do you think about some of the horrible things this guy has said. He's hanging around with Hassan Piker, who says some even more vile things. Nine eleven was deserved, right, And and now they're saying, well, we want to have a majority, we would like to win the majority. They're they're they just say it.
Speaker 5: Ed Yeah, well, I'll say it's very careful. He didn't say that. Someone with him said that. But he's never he's gonna maneuver. He's very bright, guy is very he.
Speaker 4: Has to repudiate that. He has to say I denounced the DSA platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's and he's not. He's embracing it. He is embracing it, and many of them are coming out. You know, the only one who's had a spine, you guys, is Fetterman. Fetterman has been out there and he said nobody should be embracing That would be great. I can't wait because that guy has been really I just think a hero in the Democratic Party and in America. So hopefully, hopefully he is here so we can say bravo to him, right John, because boy, he really is. He's been taking some incoming. He and ELSI ed are fighting very publicly fighting.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let them fight amongst themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. There's also a new group, did you say? This is a new group called the Third Way that is spending fifteen million dollars. That sounds like a lot, but it's not a lot, obviously when you hear how much they yeah, that's not a lot. But at least they're trying to show that they're doing something within the Democratic Party to say we don't want socialism. What do you think of Patterson?
Speaker 6: I think it's a very good idea, and it gives people who are put in that position of being a Democrat and being pressured to support the winner of the primary. El said, it gives you another way to go, But I don't think that the Democratic Party is going to get anywhere until we stop as at times the Republican Party had to do and think about who's really helping us and who's really not. And the Socialists are not helping the Democratic Party even if they elected fifty of them. So the whole idea is just too Where there's a candidate who espouses what L. Sae does, don't endorse him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that would be the easiest thing, but you got to grow a spine first. I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about others in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: But who knows what a third way means? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, good point, Good point.
Speaker 4: Talk with the chairman about a better title after the show. We've got a lot going on, ed, we might need your help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right. Well, you guys, let's go. Who better than Ari Fleischer, former White House Press secretary to talk about all of this? Ari, this is really really scary when you see this L. Sied guy, and already the great philosopher Hassan Piker, who seems to be hanging around with all these people. He came out and said this is going to be part of a national trend that if you're not with us, you're against us. I mean, it's like he's laying down the gauntlet in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 7: Oh I hope, So, I hope this is a national trend because I've got a feeling that Michigan is about to elect a Republican senator. I mean, you cannot have left somebody who was as radical as Sayid, And I want you to understand just how bad he is. Not only does he support people who say that America deserves nine to eleven, this guy has expressed his allegiance to the Muslim Brotherhood. In an op ed that he wrote, he called Israel bloodthirsty. He doesn't want illegals to be denied drivers' licenses. He argued for illegal people to come to America to get driver's licenses, and he criticized Oklahoma because they banned Sharia law. At it all up, we have never had an Islamist candidate like this run for office and be this blunt about it in the United States of America. He doesn't fit and he's going to lose.
Speaker 2: You know, I agree, John, don't you?
Speaker 3: It's crazy who has the courage, who has the courage and the Democratic Party to really take hold, and Young scream.
Speaker 7: There's there's nobody other than Senator Feedterman. You know, Senator Schumer just showed just how he has no courage, no backrade, and what he doesn't realize. And Hakim Jeffreys, the Democratic leader in the House, also that the outside yaths of the world, the Mondamis of the world, the Aosc's of the world, are coming to burn their big tent. They have a socialist tent that they want to put up in place of this previous democratic big tent. But Schumer and Jeffries are too blind to see what is coming to replace them. And that is exactly what the socialist movement is. And that's why that's why Elsayid was saying, this is the beginning of a national movement. That's why Piker is saying the same thing. There is a national movement underway, and it's up to good people, good independence, good Republicans. Some Democrats are wont to do so, to stand up, fight and defeat it.
Speaker 2: You know what I think of Ari when Chevalier, I believe one that's the woman in New York when she won the primary, and she's in a pretty safe, obviously blue district, and you look at at that party. I'll never forget. Hakim Jeffries came up on the pit on the video, remember he was speaking, and the whole crowd famously started chanting at him, your next, your next, your next. I mean, and if you listen to l Sied what I found really frightening with his sort of his rhetoric. He really was like even today, so nasty about Fetterman. I mean, he's like, my first target is Fetterman, My next is Schumer, my next. He's got like this list of people that he wants to take out politically, you know, push them out of office for people that he thinks espouse his views. That's dangerous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you listen to his success rhetoric when he says Israel is blood thirsty. You know, somebody's blood thirsty. You need to stop them, right and need to engage in violence, stop somebody who's blood thirsty. He's calling on Fetterment. He's basically saying he wants to take Betterman's head off. Now I would imagine he's talking rhetorically, but you know, when I hear in islamis talk like that, it gives me pause. And the Muslim Brotherhood talks like that, it gives me pause. And so his language is really excessive in American politics. And this is why I said, just don't think he fits. He's going to have a very hard time. He barely won in Michigan after all those polls came out showing you how to commanding lead. The fact that the Democrat Party has split so deeply over him, and his base support is basically Columbia University. That's about it. He won the campuses in Michigan, he won the upper educated areas, the younger people areas, but working class people, blacks, they all voted for the opposition of the Democratic primary, prime pick up place for Republicans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is why it's interesting because right away Haley Stevens and Judge, you and I were talking about this, even before the primary happened. She said, I'm going to support if he wins, I'm going to support him.
Speaker 3: So Pari overcountry, right, Clonia right.
Speaker 2: And she's been very pro Israel, decently pro Israel. She took money from APEX, said I have no problem, I'm a supporter of Israel. But yet she's folding like a cheap suit.
Speaker 8: Ari.
Speaker 7: Yep, no, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were addressing that today. Yeah, this is the issue about politics, of course, is people want their team to win, they want their team to get the majority, and I can respect that up to a point. But the difference here is when David Duke was going to become the Republican nominee in Louisiana to become governor years ago, former head of the KKK Republicans abandoned him. They said we will never support you. They supported the Democrat ins dead principal thing to do. There's got to be more Democrats of principle here who are willing to say absolutely no, I will never support Abdulsie. He is too radical, he is too extreme, he is too anti Jewish, anti Israel. We will never support him.
Speaker 4: He's anti Western civilization.
Speaker 7: Democrat Party is not like that anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really By the way, did you guys see what Hassan Piker, who is now sort of like seems to be running the Democratic Party. According to a lot of people, you know, he came out and he said that, oh no, I don't dislike this country. I'm here, I'm staying here because I love it. That's why I'm criticizing it, because everyone's playing the same thing. You just said, Judge over and over again. America deserved nine to eleven, also defending the rapes on October. So, I mean he said the worst of the worst. He's trying to spin it like I just want to make the country better. It's not that.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to track the may A lot of people very angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that interesting, you guys? The language now after this because he knows now he's in general election mode. You know, he's trying to get l sil historical.
Speaker 4: He's trying to rewrite the historical record.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem is, as you guys know, it's all on tape. I mean it's over and over again where he's saying these things are right.
Speaker 7: Well, he's also enjoying his first of his fifteen minutes of fame. It was a nobody and all of a sudden, because he's got a couple of wins. Now the people that he's endorsed have had won. He's seeing himself as bigger than life, and he seeings kind of the way doctor Fauci saw himself is so famous. He sees himself as famous now inside the Democratic Party, I've got news for people like that. It's the lesson of Icarus. Your wings are going to get burnt the closer you get to the sun, especially when you have the radical views that he had, especially when you have two left wings that's fly closer to the sun. This is the risk when people like him get political roles, and then he encourages his candidates, in the case of Abdul said not to tone it down, to tone it up. And that does not fit the state of Michigan. So back to where we started this, can he win? What's the future of Michigan. I think the Democrats has just blown it. They blew it in Maine with Graham Platner, and they're probably blown it for the general and it looks look to make they've also blown it here in Michigan. This is probably the week. If we go back in November and look backwards, we're going to be able to say this is the week Republicans were able to keep the majority in the Senate.
Speaker 2: I mean, I agree, that's why it is such a pivotal, pivotal seat. I mean, if they can flip because Gary Peters is retiring, so it's an open seat. I mean, that's a big I'm looking at it, ed Cox.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's ever a question that the Republicans would hold on to the majority in the Senate. We're working through that now. The question is do we hold a majority in the House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think are.
Speaker 7: Fifty to fifty? It's such a small, narrow margin that Republicans have, and tough year for Republicans going into it because history and the party in power always loses. On the other hand, because of redistrict and Republicans gave themselves a big boost because of Supreme Court ruling that, thank goodness, says you can't make districts based on race, Republicans got a boost. The other factor is because Republicans did not have a big wave in twenty twenty two. They had a small wave. They just aren't as many marginal Republicans in office who typically do lose in the first term, midterm like that, second term midterm like this, So it's a much smaller battlefield. And that's where I come out. It's a fifty to fifty race in the House. I think the edge went to Republicans this week in the Senate. But it's going to it's nobody knows. It's all going to be closed. It's up to the voter, it's not the pundits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, well, Ari, thank you so much. We always love having you on. Ari. It's really happy.
Speaker 3: Did Democrats have to lose forty nine states to really get the message.
Speaker 2: Well, this might be the time. Maybe if a San Biker is the committee chair, it might happen.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and John, I understand we have calling in now Joe Gruders.
Speaker 3: Of course I'll take this one. The RNC chair right yes, Thursday. Well, calling in right now is Chairman Joe Crude from the GOP. And well, there's so many things happening in this country, in Washington and the world, mister chairman, where do we start?
Speaker 9: Hey, listen, the Tuesday was a big night for America and everybody should be alert to what's happening with these radical leftists that are winning all across this country. But it should be highlighted that the guy in Michigan, this l Sie guy, is as bad as it comes. I call him the Michigan Mundami, but he's much worse. I mean, this is a guy who's best friends with Piker, who basically said we deserve nine to eleven. And that's just the beginning of it. I mean, we're in the fight for our lives. We gotta make sure people know what this DSA group and what these candidates are all about, and what they're trying to do. They're trying to fundamentally change America. We have to stop them. And in this Lsie character is, like I said, is as bad as they come. He's a Hamad supporter. He's for I would say, he's going to go up there and represent the best interests of Palestine, not Michiganders. And we got to, like I said, we got to expose him for what he is. And we got a lot of work to do.
Speaker 3: I can't understand how the American people can just vote for a guy that's so into the American I don't understand. Is it a result of all the migrants that he came in in the last five years ten years?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Listen, well that's what their policies. They don't want any boarders at all, They don't want to get rid of vice and any type of enforcement. They want amnesty for all. And listen, when you talk about jobs, you talk about the economy, you talk about housing. Every one of these families needs a place to stay, so it increases the demand. The supply is limited, and it makes it more expensive for everybody it goes.
Speaker 11: It's so much worse.
Speaker 9: I think we've failed as a country over the last twenty five years in terms of educating the young about the results of socialism. I mean, it didn't work in Havana, it didn't work in Crackets, it didn't work in Moscow. As a matter of fact, what happens in these places is it creates misery. Government's not the solution. Everything is not equal in the world of socialism. People that are on top are still on top. You just have no ability to ever get to where they are. And we have to communicate that. That's the message I'm telling my team, the fact that we failed the schools, that failed our kids, and people think socialism is the way to go. I said, we have to do a all out, you know war in terms of a campaign to let people know the impact of socialism communism. I talked to people who've escaped Cuba, and I talked to somebody who escaped Vietnam as a kid, and escaping the communism and escaping these disaster policies that leads rampant, like I said, misery amongst the people. It's never worked. But the fact that over fifty percent of the Democrats are in favor of it and are the positive opinion on socialism and are voting for these leftist radicals who basically are doing a coup from within, want to get rid of the presidency. If they want to get rid of Thanksgiving, I said, I said the commercials we should be airing is I wish the campaign was right. Thanksgiving was right before the campaign, and I would say, if you're sitting at a home enjoying, you know, turkey and watching football, these guys want to take Thanksgiving away.
Speaker 3: It's really unbelievable and it's hard to believe that the American people are going to go for that. Is it going to take losing forty nine states like they did in nineteen eighty four to make a change and rub out the Socialist Party? I mean the Socialist Party by themselves, they only get two percent of the vote, but they have taken over the Democratic Party and it doesn't look like anybody has the courage to take it back.
Speaker 12: It just seems like people have given up and they have given up hope for themselves on achieving the American dream. And I think that they've given up hope that their kids can achieve the American dream. The only place in the world where you can go from nothing to something is America. We have the greatest gifts here in our country. If you work hard and bit of luck, you could go anywhere you want. You don't have to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth. That's the message we have to deliver, mar Domi in your city, New York City alone, with the grocery stores, the relentless attack on the wealthy, it's a it's resonating with.
Speaker 9: Like I said, people who have lost open. We have to somehow restore that hope and let people know that this president is going to bat for them and is trying to do everything he can't go in to fight for the American worker.
Speaker 3: President Trump being president. Mayor Mundami is better off having the president like him than not. I mean, because the federal money is where the money ready is, whether it's for housing or whether it's for transit or whatever. The money is in Washington right now, New York City is short money. New York State is short money. He would pay for Mayor Mundami to be nice to the President.
Speaker 9: Yes, and listen, the President loves New York City. I talked to him about it all the time. But the President is concerned about the rise of these commies and these socialists. He's worried about the direction that they want to take the country forget, you know, And that's why we have to expose them and let people know what these guys are really about. Government is not the answer. Government's not the answer. We could do better, you know, we we have the ability to, and so we got to work hard.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for coming on this Thursday evening, and let's catch up again real soon.
Speaker 9: Thanks John.
Speaker 2: Great discussion, John, really really important one.
Speaker 8: And I like you.
Speaker 2: The Michigan on Donnie.
Speaker 3: That's what it's called. He's been with the President for the last forty eight hours. Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's right, because he went out to Vegas. Yeah. Very interesting. So you guys coming up, we're going to be talking to Greg Jared John about this big breaking news on the birthright tourism and also what happened in the Senate today in one of the panels with doctor Fauci. Could he be on the hot seat soon? We'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: Sense recap of a day's biggest stories. It's John Katzimadidi's and Rita Gosby Katz and Cosby on seventy seven WABC's Breaking News WABC, and.
Speaker 2: We are back here John on Katz and Cosby and President Trump signing two big executive orders tied to birthright citizenship just a little bit ago, and also what's next for doctor Fauci. Well on all of this, let's go to Greg Jarrett, great Fox News legal analyst and big best selling author, Greg, did you see this with the birthright tourism saying, you know, really putting the sort of screws and narrow casting so people can't just come here and have a baby and take advantage of.
Speaker 13: Us right And you could see this coming. Unlike Trump's original order when he took office, Today's executive orders, and there are two of them, are fairly limited in scope. The first one bans birth tourism and it's based on an existing federal regulation from twenty twenty that prohibits tourism and business visas for the purpose of obtaining US citizenship for a newborn. Anybody who does that can now be criminally prosecuted for fraud. And you know that's a huge number. You're talking about twenty to twenty five thousand birth tourists each year. And I think that order does fall squarely within the executive branch authority over immigration and visas. However, the second order is more difficult because it denies citizenship to those newborns. It would contradict the recent Supreme Court decision, which you and I have discussed. So you know that particular order will almost certainly be challenged right away in federal court. Trump knows that, but he wants the Supreme Court to re is it the issue on a narrower basis because the justices you'll recalled did, in fact, seem deeply concerned about the birth tourism problem. And Trump is right, it's smacks of fraud. These birth tourists are scamming the fourteenth Amendment. They don't hold any allegiance to the sovereign of the US. They just want their kids to have citizenships. So we'll see where this goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't want to have a country that, you know, quote is an enemy of America. I mean you want to have, you know, maybe irodient IRGC kids coming over. I mean, I'm sorry that this is exactly what you don't want think about. During Afghanistan, some people tied to the Taliban got over on the planes. What if they're pregnant, they have an American child, then they have access to our country and our resources.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and one of the justices during oral argument raised the alarm bells on exactly what you're talking about birth tourism from enemy states. You know that jeopardizes America's national security. And so you know Trump is responding very directly to that concern with these two executive orders.
Speaker 2: And you know, other big deal is on Fauci today. This is wild that Ran Paul. They had the vote in the committee. It was party line, but it passed because of the Republican majority.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: Fauci who took invoked the Fifth one hundred and eleven times, and now they're sending it over to doj He says, you know what, I don't think He came right out and said, I don't think we have the votes in a full Senate to get the sixty votes because of the makeup, but I'm going to send it over to the DOJ and see what they will do. Maybe they might prosecute him. What do you think legally it's an interesting case.
Speaker 13: Yeah, if charges are brought, Fauci's lawyers will argue in federal court that is preemptive. Pardon, which was signed by Biden's auto pen, did not protect him last week when he was supposed to testify, since the pardon actually expired the day was signed January twenty, twenty twenty five, and therefore Fauci had a constitutional right to invoke the Fifth Amendment. And look, I'm no fan of Fauci. I agree with Senator Paul. I think he's long been lying to Congress about his funding of the Wuhan lab with a deadly virus I think escaped. But having said all of that, you know, his Fifth Amendment legal argument is valid in my judgment because at that moment last week, he was in legal jeopardy in two ways. If he lied, he could face federal charges for perjury and false statements. And second, his pardon doesn't protect him from any future state charges arising from that testimony last week. Already there are four states who have launched active investigations into Fauci that could result in charges. And look, even Ran Paul admits that the issue will end up being decided in the courts. You know, he argued last week that the pardon meant Fauci had to testify. I think he's wrong. The only way the committee can force Fauchi to talk is to grant him immunity, and that would give him immunity both federal and state. But Senator Paul I want to do that because it would allow Fauci to escape all culpability.
Speaker 9: For everything he did.
Speaker 13: So you know, the bottom line is it'll go to court. Fauci will probably win on the issue of the Fifth Amendment.
Speaker 2: Did you see today it came out that they have his cell phone. Now, I remember the diaries came out, but because it was a work phone and it was given to him for his work capacity, they have his now his work phone, so who knows what who Fauci was texting.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, look, if you read through the diary, I haven't gotten through all of it, but I've read some salient portions of it. It's self incriminating. I mean, you know, here he is publicly saying, oh, the virus came from nature in a wet market in you know, China. Privately, he's conceding in his diary, you know it probably came from the Wuhan Lab. So and then, of course, if you look at his testimony in years past under questioning by Center Rampaul, it seems to me that Fauci is clearly lying about his gain of function support for that particular Wuhan lab. And by the way, if you're going to get money to a lab, that Wuhan Lab is the last place on Earth you should give money to. It had an abysmal track record for safety. You know, it was a recipe for leaking a deadly virus. That this gain of function insanity. It takes a virus and turns it into this sort of supersized Frankenstein deadly monster. There's no way that you can morally or even scientifically justify doing that, given the incredible risk that you could end up killing tens of millions of people worldwide, which is what happened Fauchi.
Speaker 3: I think he knew a lot more than he was saying, and I think he lied to a lot of people, and he knew the truth, and he didn't tell us the truth.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you're absolutely right. And the other aspect of this thing is that when you read his diary, what a narcissistic you know, a vain, glorious person, you know, marinating in his own fame. He's the kind of guy who fell in love every time he passed by a mirror.
Speaker 14: I mean, that's love naunciating, you know, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just love is blind, right, Love is blind.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Well, he didn't care about the people who were dying, according to his his diary, he only cared about the number of times he was on TV and all the adoration he was getting on the most famous man in the world. It truly is sickening and shameful.
Speaker 2: By the way, one of the things in the Florida case, I was seeing, you guys, the Attorney general there is saying that Fauchi was having his staff apply for awards. And one of the things they're investigating in the Florida case, it was a million dollar award and maybe like only a portion had to go back into research, and it meant that he would have had nine hundred and they're investing in them. He might have got nine hundred thousand, you know, some personal money that much for some more than he was pushing them over and over again apply for these and obviously that's unseemly at a time where he's clearly telling different stories to the public like capitalizing.
Speaker 13: You know, and the law also calls that fraud, so, you know, for money and pressuring you know, colleagues and people under him to promote him for these awards so he could reap the financial benefits. You know that. Give me some time and I could probably come up with three or four more other crimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, keep us boasted, Greg, Thank you so much for Greg. You're terrific. Thank you, Greg.
Speaker 3: And how about the top news of the day that's sponsored by Goya Foods.
Speaker 1: It's the Tough News of the Day sponsored by Goya. Here's Rina Cosby.
Speaker 2: And we love those healthy Goya beans. They are the best guys. And here are some of the big headlines. Well, tonight it is primary night in Tennessee. The top race is the Republican primary for governor, where Senator Marshall Blackburn, Congressman John Rose, and state Representative Monte Fritz are competing to replace term limited Governor Bill Lee. Marshall Blackburn very handily ahead in that race according to the polls, and also Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell has been discharged from the rehab center where he had been recovering after a fall in June. In a statement released by his office today, he says he continued to engage with his staff and will with his colleagues on important Senate business while he is recovering from home and hopes to be back soon. We'll find out all the latest on that, and coming up, we're going to be talking about the midterms and Democratic Socialists, what's going on in the Democratic Party, and what's going on in the GOP with the former Speaker Kevin McCarthy. Right after the break.
Speaker 1: Yourk commuting home with Kats and Cosby. Now here's John katsimds and Rita Gosby on seventy seven wa DC.
Speaker 3: Well let's go to Washington the former Speaker Kevin McCarthy is where they said, well, so many things to talk about, Rita.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, they're sure is. And obviously everyone's looking at this winn in Michigan. Also next week is a primary in Wisconsin with another and tonight Yessay Tennessee with Marshall Blackburn, who we love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how well, she's only gonna wain by twenty points.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, that's that's called a win win win trounce win. Right. Well, joining us now is the former Speaker we love him, Speaker Kevin McCarthy and Kevin Where do you think this is going? First of all, with the DSA, I mean, this is a this is an opportunity. President Trump said last night, this is a great opportunity for the Republicans because, boy, the battle lines are drawn and the quality can't be more of a contrast.
Speaker 8: It truly is. I mean it's the DSA, the Democrats socialist organization. They don't even want to be Democrats, but they're because they're truly socialists. And it's Bernie Sanders feeling because of the weak leadership of currently and the Democrats by Jakim and Schumer, that he's trying to take over the Democratic Party and he's being very successful. I mean, at first the Democrats would just throw it off. Oh it's because it's New York. Well, now they won in Colorado, took out incumbents, and now they want Michigan, which is a swing state. So they have now decided their party that they are socialists. I mean Bernie Sanders and Mandanni are running the head of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that amazing when you look at it. We had on them earlier. We had Joe Gruder's on with the RNC and he called LSI ed the Michigan Mundani and there's a real, like, you know, what's interesting, Kevin, there is such a like almost a nastiness to him. Mundanni had seemed to smile a lot more and uh, not that the messaging was different, but this one is like, you know, saying, he uses the i'm here, I'm here. We're coming like Muhammad Ali for the fight, slamming anybody who's not pronouncing his name right. If you're not with us, you're against us. It's very very provocative, divisive language.
Speaker 8: Yes, very negative, I mean coming at you now. Republicans people would say, oh, do we have a better chance of winning? It's still a very difficult. We can't take anything for granted. Everybody's got to get out and run. But there's a real contrast between Mike Rodgers, who was an FBI agent, who was a head of Intel Committee in Congress, came very very close to winning last time, less than twenty thousand votes against Senator Slotkin, and I feel as though, listening to a lot of Democrats in Michigan telling me they will not vote for the Democrat nominee because he is not just left. He is a socialist that goes to a point that's beyond of what you think in America. And it's a real scare for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: So what do you think is going to happen, Kevin? To those people who viscerally can't stand what elseiad stands for? Will they go to the Republican and Mike Rodgers? Will they stay home? What do you think?
Speaker 8: Well, I think if you follow Mike Rodgers, especially in his time in Congress and others, he's one that worked with both sides of the aisle. He was what I always call the common sense Republican. He listened to all and he was a true leader. I think given the opportunity, the first thing they're going to do there is going to be open to be looking at Mike Rogers, uh to see where both candidates stand. But the last thing we want is people not to participate. If you don't participate, you could end up with the socialist in the Senate. You've got to think about this first. It was AOC and if you didn't have AO. If you didn't if you didn't have Bernie Sanders, you never got AOC. And without AOC, you would have never got Mendannie. And now what has Ben Donnie been able to do? Electing more to the to the Congress now and now you want to take over the Senate. This is scary because you want to you want to go deeper than just say they're socialists. What do they what is their platform? What do they believe? Well, first of all, they believe that the president shouldn't be elected, Okay, but that should be an executive that the Congress. Why do they want the Congress because they couldn't win nationwide? But what if they want enough seats? What if they were able to decide? It is scary. The positions that they have go against the core, especially when we're celebrating two hundred and fifty years of America and what our founders truly believed in this republic that you wanted to put together.
Speaker 2: I think also Kevin in terms of the borders too. One of the other things is open borders. You just show that footage of what happened in Spain and say you want this back on our American borders, I mean to me, I mean, that's what they're talking about. They're wide open borders. They think even those who've committed heinous crimes should not be deported. I mean, ask anybody Republican Democrat. That is stunning.
Speaker 8: That is stunning, and you and I believe that same way. But you know what, you could reverse that. That was happening in America under Joe Biden. And I remember going, why is into America? Waking up at that moment? I mean, President Trump has done an excellent job securing our border, but what was transforming in there? And get to the country even to wake up. There's many times that the networks would not even cover what was going on down there. And then Joe Biden put Kamala Harris in charge, she would ever even go visit it. So if not like that's a far fetched idea that could happen in America, it was happening in America, and look at the damage that it did. Just think back a little ways in New York. What were the streets looking like, people being put up in those hotels, people not feeling safe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're right, you're right. It sadly was America and the question is you want to go back there again? And I think even the common sense Democrat.
Speaker 3: Says no, well, we never want to go back down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, but if Republicans stay home, that very well could be the case.
Speaker 3: Well I have to stay home.
Speaker 8: Yeah, But I'm telling you when I look at polling right now, the Democrats are enthusiastic. And I know a lot of them say, oh, they won't vote for the socialists, but they just want to win. Look how many Democrats who are prior that are elected to say they would never support this position, but now they're saying, okay, hey, won we're there that they would allow that to happen. And remember the Democrats, he said that allowed those borders to happen. So what I'm finding is the Democrats have more enthusiasm to vote than Republicans. Republicans cannot sit back and take this for granted, and we really have to be talking to the independents and others of what does a social democratic socialist believe in and what would their policies.
Speaker 2: Be exactly, because you know, it's interesting. Even in that Michigan primary, it was historic numbers for an election. As you know it, I think it was like five hundred thousand more than they typically have. So there is an enthusiasm at least getting out to vote for these individuals, and in both cases on this one because it was such a narrow race, but still to your point, it's an enthusiasm. You don't have Trump on the top of the ticket this time in the midterms, Kevin.
Speaker 8: No, And remember when Trump was on the ticket, we got a better turnout. Trump won the popular vote, which is a very very big deal. He won every swing state, Michigan and the others. But at the same time, Trump won Arizona, Nevada, Michigan, and Wisconsin, and the Republicans didn't win it for the Senate there and here you are, President Trump not only wins and wins the popular vote, we lost seats in Congress, but four years prior, not one Republican lost income it. We actually beat fifteen Democrats. And so that's why I get concerned. When Trump's there, he helps everybody. But Trump's not on the ticket this time, and they can't just always rely that the president has to do everything. They've got to work hard themselves.
Speaker 3: Trump is going to go out and campaign as if he is on the ticket. Yes, I know, that for sure.
Speaker 8: I mean, well, we know.
Speaker 3: How much he knows, how much is at stake it this.
Speaker 8: Election, but I want people to help him. At the same time, we can't always just make the president do everything. He's raised so much money for the party. The party is never it's never been this disproportionate where Republicans have more money than the Democrats. And that's really all the thanks to President Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, the money game. If you look at it, they're you know, they're having problems even like keeping the lights on in the headquarter buildings. Hellow, Kevin McCarthy. We love you, mister speaker. It's always so great to have you on.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: All right, thank you guys, Thank.
Speaker 2: You very much. Thank you, and you guys. We have now calling in Senator Eric Schmidt from the great state of Missouri.
Speaker 3: I'll take them quolling in right now is Senator Eric Schmidt, and it's been a very interesting day in Washington. Well, Senator, tell us what the heck is going on? And we got the migians and listeners that are waiting for you to say it.
Speaker 11: Well, we got a lot going on right now in the Senate. We're here we're dealing with, you know, funding the government. That's an issue. We've got this college sports legislation that I've been working on with the President. Randy Levine hometown New Yorker, has been on the President's Council. We're trying to address some of the issues we've seen in college sports with you know, kind of unlimited transfers, no eligibility requirements. We've got twenty seven year olds competing with seventeen year olds. It's just been kind of this chaos, and so you know, we're trying to provide some limited anti trust exemption status for the NCAA to set rules, to enforce rules that will protect women's sports, protect our Olympic sports. So there's a lot going on with that, but I'm hopeful. I'm hopeful we can get to a bipartisan way of addressing this so that you know, college sports. College football is uniquely American institution, right, It's something that brings us together, and we're really at risk of losing a lot of that because it's cools like Rutgers, for example, they're losing over one hundred million dollars a year with their athletic department. They're just not going to be able to offer women's sports, Olympic sports, and we don't want that to happen, so we've got to provide some stability. So that's one of the things we're working on, in addition to some other things here in the Senate sender.
Speaker 3: Not everybody understands what's going on with college football, and no Randy Levine, a hometown guy president of the Yankees, is on that committee. Tell us the big differences between both sides.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so right now, and by the way, I did give Randy a little trouble my Cardinals beat the Yankees two out of three. But having said that, there's a lot of issues going on right now. Where it used to be right, players could never ever leave a school if a coach left, They could never really transfer without a penalty. Athletes were never compensated at all, even though their name and their image and their like likeness was up on a video game. And so over the course of the last decade, there have been some positive changes. Athletes can now actually be compensated for that, and I support that. But the problem now is John, is that it's so out of whack. There are no rules. So when you see in the news a twenty seven year old who played in a professional basketball league is now being able to come back and play in college against a seventeen year old. That's crazy. Being able to transfer every year and graduation rates are plummeting, that's crazy. So really what we're trying to do. If you would have asked me a couple of years ago, John, if this was something that Congress should get involved in, I've been very skeptical. But the truth is, because of all this litigation, there's only one entity on the planet that can give legal protection to a governing body to set and enforce rules, and that's Congress. And so that's why we're working on this because we want to provide that stability for things that on Saturdays people love coming together and Washington Football, and we want to protect that because at the rate we're going right now, you're gonna have a lot of universities that are gonna drop it.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have.
Speaker 11: This constant conference movement, and you're just gonna have a lot of these other non revenue sports like women's tennis or even baseball men's baseball be dropped because I can't afford to offer those sports that are lose money for them. If football then is losing money. So that's really the problem we're trying to get at. The President, good friend of yours, good friend of mine, is working very very hard on this, and he wants to see He's a sports guy, he loves sports. He sees what's happened in college sports, and he wants to be part of the solution. And that's why I'm involved to So.
Speaker 3: You think we're in the right direction.
Speaker 7: I do. I do.
Speaker 11: I'm hopeful we can get something done out of the Senate here in the next few days and then they'll go to the House when they come back in September, and maybe we can get the President to sign it on a college game day or something in the fall. That'd be a good result.
Speaker 3: Understood well, Thursday night before summer weekend. Anything else you want to tell the American people, I just.
Speaker 11: Think you know you're in the middle of it. I think we've got to have eyes wide open here about what we're facing on the other side, getting into more political realm with what's happened with the Democrat Party. I mean, look, it's not just this hammer and sickle wave we saw in New York with Mandami and then the city council. People that won that want to dismantle Western civilization, that want to defund the police, that want to defund ice, that want to get rid of the Senate, want to get rid of the presidency, want to get rid of the Supreme Court. I mean, these are radical ideas. It's happening also in places like Michigan, where this elsi ed guy just won the Democrat primary. So I think as a Republican myself, from an electoral perspective, maybe you would say, hey, that makes it easier for us to win. But as an American, I think it's a disaster. I just think in this country, the things that we know and love about this country will want to preserve, we want to protect. But this is what happens when you have an education system that sort of prioritizes curriculum that teaches young people to hate America and divides the room by race all the time. So we got a lot of challenges in front of us. You know, the President's doing a good job, and I think as Republicans, we have to make sure we offer a competing vision here that allows people to be more prosperous and it doesn't divide people, but bring industry back, this reindustrialization of America, the investment we can have getting people, you know, back to work with real jobs, with those wages growing. That's an important thing I think we've got to focus on.
Speaker 3: I had former Vice President Penson in the office the other day and he said it perfectly. He says, US Republicans might have a few differences amongst ourselves, but the Democrats have completely lost their minds.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the Democrat Party at this point is almost sort of post American.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 11: You look at the polling numbers, John, of the number of Democrats who say they're proud to be an American, it's like one in three. You compare that with Republicans, it's you know, obviously sky high, like ninety percent. And by the way, that ninety percent never wavered even when we had a disaster in the White House with Joe Biden. Republicans. You know, I just don't understand what's happening with Democrats. This is not your your grandfather's Democrat Party. They just sort of, you know, it's just kind of wild.
Speaker 3: Santa Schmid, thank you so much for coming on this Thursday evening, and we'll catch up with you again thanks Jean.
Speaker 2: Wow, very interesting discussion there with Eric Schmid. I love Eric. He's such a great.
Speaker 3: Guy, and he was an attorney general before he was a senator, and and he knows about what the heck is going.
Speaker 2: On, he sure does. Yeah, all there's a lot of it. Oh my god, John, I mean it's just been incredible, even doctor Oz what he was talking about the other day on that area too.
Speaker 3: Wow. And JD.
Speaker 2: Van's at the Helm and you guys, speaking of who knows what's going on, let's go to Brigadier General John Tigert. Uh, what are you hearing is the latest with Iron Brigadier General? Because it's interesting. There's a lot of stuff heating up all so with the Red Sea. The Saudis are saying some of their tankers were fired on by the Hootsies. And now this is saying that the Utsis attacked ye many government forces and that the Utsis killed several dozen people. So the Utsies are getting pretty anxious, it.
Speaker 14: Seems, John, and Rita, thanks for having me in the thing that I'm watching most closely.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 14: It does matter a lot what's going on in Yemen and the Housies is whether this deal that we've heard about that's brewing between Iran and Oman is actually going to play out. And I'm worried that if there's any tolls associated with this, then it means that the United States is just buying into something that weakens our position around the world by allowing Iran to make money off of tolls through the straight up her moves. And I want to make sure we get back to what the Vice President promised us, which is if there is a deal, it must be performance based, which means Iran does not get the major benefits of the deal if they do not demonstrate compliance to the deal.
Speaker 2: I don't think Trump would ever agree to a deal where you know, Iran would get some sort of toll or some benefit. Then it's not free and fair passage. And who would ever hand over the straits to, you know, to Iran in any capacity.
Speaker 4: And give and good to talk to again Genera and give them more money for more wages of terrorism. I mean, how does that make any sense?
Speaker 14: No, it doesn't make sense at all. And I'll tell you I think the President's instincts keep being right when he makes these threats about bombing power and energy sites, especially carg Island. I think those are his instincts, and I don't know why he's backing off of those instincts, but those things would help us regain the initiative. It would neuter and strangle the regime. And I wish he carried out some of those threats instead of backing off and considering making a deal.
Speaker 4: And the problem is based on reporting he did so at the urging of the Saudis. But where the Saudis in this issue stepping up and doing what they have.
Speaker 2: Which is why the HUTSI it's so interesting because they're going after the Saudis at a time where they know the Saudis are trying to talk to President Trump.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting I can't have it both ways.
Speaker 4: I either want to win and take care of the Iranian threat, where they're going to have to deal with an Iranian threat that go on for decades.
Speaker 14: General, It's true, and the only reason the Husis are starting to raise up is because their Iranian masters are seeing weakness, either by the United States or by the Saudis. And we've got to demonstrate strength because I know for sure the only language the regime understands and Iran is strengths capability will and resolve, and we must get back to that instead of trying to find a weak deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the question is when too, because President Trump was saying he thinks something's imminent. Look and I he came out last night actually with a very powerful line. And John, you've said this before too. We said, you know, I would like a deal. I don't want to kill people. I don't want to do this. I mean, he denly said that, right, admirable.
Speaker 3: But but and he doesn't want to take down bridges and doesn't want to take down the electric grid. But uh, you know who is really running Iran? I don't know. Well.
Speaker 14: The reason why I keep going back to carg Island, John and Rita is because all of the financing to the regime depends on their ability to export oil through CARG. You don't have to kill people, You just have to strangle the regime by cutting off their ability to export oil. And that makes the strongest statement possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it'll be just like my friends scheduled the breakfast last week, It'll be one hundred and fifty dollars oil.
Speaker 14: I think that that's already factored in because the strait has been cut off for the last six months. I don't think cutting off Iran's oil exports is actually going to do anything substantial.
Speaker 7: To the price of oil.
Speaker 3: I hope so, thank you.
Speaker 2: I hope so too.
Speaker 3: Wow, Well keep us dragon Dragon as his nickname is, Yeah, we hope.
Speaker 2: Wait, did we ever find out why they call him dragon?
Speaker 3: No? We know he keeps out a secret.
Speaker 14: How did they get that held secret even to my good friends like you all?
Speaker 8: Ah?
Speaker 2: Okay, top secret, top secret mission? All right, thank you, general, thank you very much. And you guys were going to go to Tennessee because there's a big primary there tonight, lots of races. We're going to do that after the break us.
Speaker 1: It's a common sense recap of the big stories. It's Cats and Cosby on seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 15: Born on the mountaintop of tennis See Green Estate in the Land of the Free, raised in the woods, so's he knew every tree killed him a bar when he was only three.
Speaker 2: Baby, Well, John, we're playing me Tenny problem. You love that song, right, that's great, love it, it's great. Well, we're playing that song because in about two hours or so, the polls are going to be closing in the Great state of Tennessee. And who better to tell us about the big primaries tonight then g O Pachair Scott Golden Scott fill us in on the big races. Obviously, Governor is one of the biggies.
Speaker 10: Well, thank you for playing the Davy Crockett song. That's uh. You know, his famous speech if y'all can go to Hell and I'm going to Texas was in my hometown. So let's hope it's not going to be that bad for everybody tonight. But we do got a great goubernatorial primary. Obviously. Senator Marshall Blackburn, Congressman John Rose, and State Representative Monte Fritz are the three Republican candidates. Polls have been all over the place. I think what what I hear most often is it's probably going to be a close election tonight. Oh wow, where a couple yeah, a couple of votes one way or the other. Poles of it. You know, it started obviously Senator Blackburn had had tremendous name id and and it and you know, as it's developed over the over the course of the of the months, it's it's you know, it's other candidates have gotten in there and spoken the polls have titened, and uh so some will say it. I've seen some that are statistical ties, and I save others that has Senator Blackburn with a small lead. So we'll see what ultimately what the voters decide tonight.
Speaker 2: Wow, what about some of the other races there too, because there's some others, right, there's some House ones there are.
Speaker 10: So you know, we were one of the states that, following the Supreme Court decision, readdrew our maps to comply with the Supreme Court law, and so that created one open seat the ninth Congressional district that is currently represented by Steve Cohen, Democrat of Memphis. That district has been drawn to kind of the even south of Nashville, and so that created an open seat. Congressman Cohen isn't running again. There's a Democrat primary. We've got a very contested Republican primary there with four candidates. Congressman John Ross district that he's stepping down to run for governor. That seat is open. Three great candidates in that one. And then our former Commissioner of Agriculture Talent and Andy Congressman Andy Ogles in the fifth district, which was a Nashville district in May, and by June it went from the suburbs of Nashville all the way to Memphis, so brand new district. They had sixty seven days to get known in it. And and by all accounts that race is pretty close as well.
Speaker 2: Wow, Ed Cox, New York GOP chairman, and all these chairmen, chairman, chairman, how you doing.
Speaker 5: We're doing fine, We're doing fine. I'm assuming you're neutral and all these and all these races, is that right, sir?
Speaker 10: As you know, our by laws require us to be neutral. And you know, as when you're chairman, it's almost like picking among your kids, right which ones?
Speaker 8: And uh?
Speaker 10: And more often than not they give you more headaches, like your real kids than they than there is a favorite. So so we're you know, we I have a door them all. I appreciate them running. You guys know, chairman, certainly you know how how tough politics can be, and the fact that we've got great people willing to offer themselves to the public square. I'm just in all of what they put themselves through in order to try to serve the people of whatever district they're running in.
Speaker 5: Well, you do very well in Tennessee. You got some great candidates there.
Speaker 10: Well, so this is a big one for us obviously, after you know, we we were eight to one prior to the Supreme Court decision, and so we're going for nine and oh and I and I think by my math, that would make Tennessee the largest unified Republican state of any state in the nation at nine and oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, that would make you guys superstars if you have nine and oh.
Speaker 5: Wow, and the majority Congress, yes.
Speaker 10: I think Louisiana, if they pull theirs off, they would be five and oh. And of course you've got the smaller states that are one or two and oh, but we would be nine and oh if we can pull this off. But by doing that, you know, obviously every all of the congressional just went from very safe to somewhat safe. And so for my next eighty nine days, it's going to be a lot of general election work. So I think the Republicans that I know that are in those districts are really up for the fight. We're just kind of waiting for the primaries to get over with. We'll have a unity weekend this weekend, and then then we're off to the races for November.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, fantastic. Well, we can't wait to see what happens tonight. Polls closed there in a little less than two hours and we'll definitely be covering it, mister chairman. Really great to have you.
Speaker 10: Well, thank you anytime.
Speaker 7: Ms Cox.
Speaker 10: Appreciate all that you do and all your leadership that you've shown me over the year.
Speaker 5: So you're setting the example forrest chairman.
Speaker 10: Thank you all. I have a wonderful evening.
Speaker 3: Thank you Tennessee.
Speaker 2: We love Tennessee boy. Anytime we can also play that day. That's right, you did, lucky you, Yeah, lucky you.
Speaker 3: I know what do we all stand for?
Speaker 8: Truth?
Speaker 3: An way? No, that was a lot.
Speaker 13: Now one