Speaker 1: Thursday afternoon, five minutes past the hour, two o'clock.
Speaker 2: It is a very March day.
Speaker 1: It is about forty five degrees, very cloudy. It was a little chilly this morning, but heating up throughout the course of the weekend.
Speaker 2: Could get some rain coming up on Saturday.
Speaker 1: I speed ahead to next week where it actually might feel like spring fifties early in the week, sixties about Tuesday, then Wednesday, Thursday, seventy and seventy two before we dip back down coming up next weekend. I know that you tune into the show for the weather. That's why I bring it to you every single day. But what's going on. It is time for the drive on a Thursday afternoon, and as it is every single day, it is good to have you along for the riot Spence check.
Speaker 2: It's behind the mic.
Speaker 1: We are out and about today as March madness is going on. And if you're looking for a place to watch, we got you covered. We got you hooked up here as we're live today at the Crossroads Bar and Grill on the West Side, because that's how I roll. Porter can't relate to that, but Crossroads Bar and Grill. Here's the address, fifty five south Redwood Road. We've got our which van do we have out in front? Cynthia is a the mix van. It's a radio van. You can't mistake it. You'll see the other cars and one of our radio vans right out front. Can't miss us. Come on buy and say hi. Fifty five ninety two South Redwood Road. They've got a full service sports bar and this is twenty one and over by the way, so you got to leave the kiddos at home.
Speaker 2: Great food.
Speaker 1: It's one of the best food spots as far as the sports bar you're gonna find in.
Speaker 2: The entire valley.
Speaker 1: They show all UFC fights. They have pay per view events of course fight nights as well. Every March Madness game is going on right now. We'll give you a scoreboard update. If you're not looking for spoilers, then just be aware because I'm gonna hook you up with updates throughout the entire course of the show today. If you're unable to be in front of a television, if you're out at about in your vehicle, we'll let you know what's going on. VCU and BYU just barely tipped off. VCU gets the first bucket to zero VCU nineteen ten left there in the first half is BYU just barely tipped off. Utah State's gonna be an action coming up tonight at seven to twenty five Mountain Time. That game's on TNT and they're gonna take on UCLA. Ucla about a five point favorite. BYU closed is a two point five point favorite over VCU. But this is gonna be a tough task for bringing me young. So we'll keep you up to date on our local team. So out of the course of the show today, out here at Crossroads Bar and Grill, they've got a little Taco Tuesday action, right, Taco Tuesdays. It's not Tuesday today, but their Taco Tuesdays feature a made from scratchbury to taco and then Bingo starting on Tuesday in April. Huh, Bingos and Taco. Come on, Bingo and Tacos. Look at that, So come on buy and say what's up. We've got I don't know, fifteen twenty TVs fired up with all the March Madness action. So if you want to come by and watch the BYU game or any of the other games going on, we encourage you to come by and say hello. All right, jam packed program. Today on a Thursdays, we inch closer and closer to the weekend. We will talk a little Kyle basketball. The Utah women will be in action coming up tomorrow. Of course you can hear that game on our radio station. We'll talk some Utah women's hoops today. They're going to take on Indiana the night Seed at eleven thirty am tomorrow, so bright and early.
Speaker 2: You can watch that game on ESPN two.
Speaker 1: Of course you can hear it here on the Home of the Utes, ESPN seven hundred, So we'll preview that. We'll talk the latest with the Utah men's basketball coaching change, as Alex Jensen was officially announced just a few days ago. Alex was in Indiana last night coaching the Dallas Mavericks.
Speaker 2: One of their assistant coaches.
Speaker 1: My brother and sister a Lot went down and said, hello, I got a picture of Alex up on the old Instagram page if you want to check that out. So, the latest with Alex Jensen, to the the latest with him filling out his staff, The latest with March Madness. The Utah Jazz Blue had last night, the Jazz One, what are we doing here? The Jazz Beat, the Wizards one twenty eight to one twelve. Now the Wizards have a virtually a two game lead on the Jazz for the worst record in pro basketball.
Speaker 2: I know it's odd to talk about the Jazz like this.
Speaker 1: It's not really anything that we've done very much in this market with a history of success in winning with our local pro basketball team. But that's not the deal and hasn't been the deal now for three years.
Speaker 2: But the Jazz will be back.
Speaker 1: In action coming up tomorrow as they welcome in the world champion Boston Celtics to the Delta Center for a seven to thirty tip time. It'll be a reunion of sorts for Danny Ainge or union of sorts for Will Hardy. We'll see who the Celtics decide to play. We'll see who the Jazz decided to play, because that's the deal in pro basketball. Ray Al Salt Lake a couple of days away for the next match from RSL, It's gonna be Dallas. Dallas is the opponents for ourself, coming off a win against Houston on the road.
Speaker 2: We'll see if they can keep up their winning ways.
Speaker 1: No concrete news about these supposed reinforcements on the way I'm starting to get a little skeptical. I'm not sure or of the recent stretch where they've won a couple of games, A couple of matches over the past three have changed the plans. Of course, a lot of rumors about Diego Luna potentially being on the way out during the summer window. But RSL Dallas coming up on Saturday. That's going to be a seven to thirty first kick. You can watch it on Apple TV Big twelve Pro Day for some utes. Trying to get the attention of pro scouts. We'll give you the latest on which you football players, including Kayleb Lohner have decided to work out for the pros for the Big twelve Pro Day, and I will do a little college and pro football off season style of course. On the program today is Springball Getting ready to get Wrong? Coming up on the Hill BYU has been doing springball now for quite some time. Good guest list to talk about a bevy of different topics on.
Speaker 2: The program, most of which we just covered.
Speaker 1: The Boston Celtics, who will be in town coming up tomorrow night. We're sold today for six.
Speaker 2: Point one billion dollars.
Speaker 1: I believe Larry Miller paid what seven million dollars for the Jazz in the early eighties, so a decent ROI right finance guys who listened to the program the Boston Celtic six point one billion dollars they've been sold. So get to the latest with both local and national topics. Will keep you up to date on March Madness BYU now has.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, VC, you just hit A three. It's VCU eight BYU six.
Speaker 1: That's going to go back and forth. And if you want to watch the game, coming out to Crossroads Bar and Grill out here on the west side. It's fifty five ninety two South Redwood Road, right off the freeway, so if you're pretty centrally located, you can get to us in I don't know ten fifteen minutes and we'd love to see a great food, full bar. If you want some beers, if you want some cocktails. Again, it is a bar, so leave the kids at home. Twenty one and over. Only our first guest right out of the gates. Craig bowler Jack TV Voice of the Utah Jazz. I have fond memories of listening to Craig bowler Jack call March Madness, Call some NCAA tournament games, including some upsets, So we'll have some fun with Bowler today. We'll take a trip down memory lane, maybe some story time, and talk about the latest with the Jazz and is he seeing some growth? Has he seen some incremental progress even though they've only won sixteen games all year? So Boler our first guest right out of the gates. Then we move over to the head coach, the manager of URSL, Pablo mash twenty front of the show. He'll be on the program today to get us ready for the Dallas match, look back on the Houston match, and maybe Pablo can shed some light today about whether or not this mythical number nine is actually on the way or is that just lip service. We're kind of waiting for reinforcements for this soccer club that moved on from a number of different pieces for a pretty little penny and they have not reinvested the funds into talent just yet.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what Pablo has to say about that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Andy Larson has some thoughts and he'll join us today on both the Jazz and Raal Salt Lakes. We'll bringing Andy today and then a preview tomorrow's Utah women's basketball game against Indiana. Good friend of the show, it's been a while though. Tyson Ewing will stop by. He's going to course call the women's game, and Tyson, good kid. He's been in the market for a while.
Speaker 2: Good kid. He's a grown up, he's an adult.
Speaker 1: But he'll help us get ready for the Utah women's game tomorrow taking on Indiana, and the winner of that game most likely will advance on to take on South Carolina, who is the best team in women's basketball and has been for a couple of years now. After that, we'll do a little sports court as we are often wont to do on a Thursday afternoon with our friends from Handy and Handy Garrett and Preston Handy. So some fun sport court today, a bunch of different topics for you guys on a Thursday afternoon with Craig Bowlerjack with Pablo mash Too, Honey with Andy Larson, with Tyson Ewing with Me Spence Jackets live at Crossroads Bar and Grill at fifty five ninety two South Redwood Road.
Speaker 2: Come on by watch.
Speaker 1: Some march madness, Grab some boneless wings, grab a modella, whatever, you want.
Speaker 2: You're not a drinker. They've got, you know, water and soda.
Speaker 1: So fifty five ninety two South Redwood Road, back in the Broadway Media studios is where we find the producer of this program who cannot relate to me out on the west side because he.
Speaker 2: Is a snob. Porter Larson Well on a Thursday, Hello Porter, how are you.
Speaker 3: Wow, says mister east Bench out there.
Speaker 1: I'm out here, I'm out here on the west side. Cynthia got some bonus wings. Don't judge what's wrong with boneless wings.
Speaker 3: Just since it's Cynthia.
Speaker 1: I won't.
Speaker 3: I won't say anything. I won't be aware. I won't be a wing elitist today on March Madness, for the first day of March Madness. Well, we've got good vibes today.
Speaker 1: You did just say elitist, right, yes, yes, So I'm out here on the west side and you're in your cozy studio.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear your judgment.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough, how your brackets so far?
Speaker 4: Not good?
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of folks are in that boat, or at least uh looking at it in that way. McNee State is up big on Clemson, right, now I did take high point in that one earlier. But yeah, the way the first day shakes out is kind of usually how it is. Just wait until the end of the evening see where you stand after for that and you might have a good idea but not great or early on.
Speaker 1: Not great, not great, and you know, we'll kind of review some of the bracket stuff today. It is the madness of March. I'm looking for the BYU game. It's not even on TV. So we'll get that, get directified. We'll get that taken care of. All right, Bowler, our first guest, right out of the gates on a Thursday afternoon, Happy Thursday to you.
Speaker 2: Keep it here.
Speaker 1: We'll keep your company on your commute home or whatever you have going on on this Thursday afternoon. But before we get to our guy Bowler, courtesy of our good friends at Prize Picks, on a Thursday afternoon, it is time now for your opening tip.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Drive with Spence Check its on Utah's number one Sports talk now into the studios of ESPN seven hundred to set the scene for the show. The opening tip of the Drive is brought to you by Prize Picks. Use the code ESPN seven hundred and run your game with Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks the best place to get real money sports action. With over ten million members and billions of dollars in awarded winnings, Prize Picks has made daily fantasy sports accessible to all. All you have to do is pick more or less onto these two players for a shot to win up to one thousand times your cash. You can run your game all season long on Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: It is very very easy to do. It's the easiest.
Speaker 1: Way if you've ever been interested when it comes to all of this conversation about putting a couple of ducats on sports. Prize Picks allows you to simply just pick more or less on two to six player stat projections, and then if you get that right, you're gonna win up to one thousand times your money. And so I'll give you an example. So tomorrow the Boston Celtics are in tow to take on the Utah Jazz. So it'll be really easy, something like Jason Tatum more or less than probably twenty three point five points lowry marketing more or less than nineteen point five points.
Speaker 4: Very easy to do.
Speaker 1: And if you get that right, more or less on just two players stat projections you can win up to one thousand times your cash. Now they're giving away free money, as I say every day, you might as well go grab the free the freak cheddar and then to say if you like it, So download the Prize Picks app today, use the promo cody ESPN seven hundred at checkout and you'll get fifty dollars instantly when you play your first five dollars bet. And the nice thing is you don't even have to win the bet to get to fifty, it's just included. So download the Prize Picks app today, use the promo code ESPN seven hundred, and you get fifty bucks when you play your first.
Speaker 2: Five dollars bet.
Speaker 1: All right, we're live today at Crossroads Bar and Grill out here on the west side. It's fifty five ninety two South Redwood Road. Come on by and say hello. And the madness of March is upon us. So what we have in front of us right now? One of the local teams in action fifteen oh seven left, excuse me, fourteen thirty six left. In the first Richie Saunders just knocks down to three. So BYU eleven VCU ten. This is going to be a battle. I would be stunned to fi the team pulls away. As we've talked about kind of all week long. Ryan Odum the former Utah State head coach who's now at VCU, with rumors swirling that he's about to leave to take the Virginia job. Nothing official there, although there has been some chaos in the college basketball coaching world already. He has a very very good team, a very veteran team, a very deep team, a very big team led by Max Schulga, who was a aggie once upon a time for.
Speaker 2: Coach showed him he was the A ten Player of the Year.
Speaker 1: And one thing that VCU does not do super well is guard the three. Now they guard the two very well, they guard the interior very well, but they are a pressure defensive team with length three players six' ten in their, rotation four seniors and they're starting, five three of whom are fifth year, players one of whom is a seventh year, player and the conference player of the YEAR byu was a sixth seed last. Year they took on the eight ten champ last year In ducane and they. Lost so a lot of national pundits BELIEVE byu is built for a bit of a, run whatever that, means AND i think MOST byu fans are just, like can we just win one. GAME byu has not won AN ncaa tournament game since twenty, ELEVEN i, believe and they have not been out of the round of thirty two Since Jim orferdebt was making it rain down In.
Speaker 2: Provo so we'll see IF byu can get this.
Speaker 1: Done right, now it's fourteen, twelve thirteen thirty four left in the first coming up, TONIGHT ucla And Utah state live at Ropp arena In, Lexington. KENTUCKY ucla is a five point five point, favorite and we'll get you up to date on the games that have already went. Down shout out to our Guy Ken. Pomeroy his bracket busted with the first, matchup AND i have to SAY i also Picked louisville to Beat. Creighton ken Had louisville to Beat creighton and then advance on to Beat. Auburn But, creighton behind Former Utah state point Guard Steve, ashworth who was really really good, today took care Of louisville eighty nine to seventy. Five purdue struggled a bit with High, point but pulled away in the end seventy five to sixty. Three same goes For, wisconsin who had a Pesche montana, matchup but over the final six or seven, Minutes wisconsin pulls. Away SHOULD byu BEAT, vcu they advanced to take On wisconsin for the right to go to The sweet. Sixteen, houston it like WHENEVER i Watch houston, play like IF i Watch houston play against elite, teams OFTENTIMES i feel bad for the other elite. Team THE Siu edwardsville, matchup they were a sixteen. Seed it was over within the first two. Minutes seventy eight to forty was the. Final and, obviously you, know not even a. Challenge but if we're if we're gonna be, honest that was not even that. Close McNeice is Stomping. Clemson that's a five to twelve, matchup and it is thirty one to thirteen at, halftime thirty one to thirteen at. Halftime auburn is now incrementally pulling away From Alabama, state but that game was closer.
Speaker 2: Early that's a one sixteen.
Speaker 1: Matchup and right now It's auburn Fifty Alabama state thirty, six and of course more games coming up throughout the course of the day and throughout the.
Speaker 2: Night in just about fifteen minutes right.
Speaker 1: Now BYU's Old West Coast conference Fogn zaga in which it'sah will take On.
Speaker 2: Georgia that's an eight to nine.
Speaker 1: Seed it's a fifteen to Two Whafford tennessee matchup after they're done with the morning. Tilt In, Lexington, Arkansas. Kansas That's John calipari And Bill, self a couple of big time coaches in the landscape of college. Basketball that's In providence ten to seven matchup There yale thirteen out of THE Ivy league they got to win last year in round one over the Aforementioned Auburn. Tigers they're going to take on the four Seed TEXAS a AND m out of THE. Sec eleven to six matchup In wichita as well Is drake And, missouri and Then Rick Patino Davon. Smith the two Seed Saint john's will take On. Omaha later ON u See San diego as a twelve seed will take On. Michigan michigan The big ten, champ but that didn't really do much for their. Seeding and THEN Unc wilmington against a kind of a sleeper final four pick out of The big twelve Is Texas, tech a team that we know really well from around. Here so the madness Of march is upon, us and it is one of my favorite times a. Year even though the weather is not cooperated just. YET i think this is the best individual, event sporting event that we have on our sporting.
Speaker 2: Calendar time.
Speaker 1: Out kevin YOUNGS vcu is now taking a seventeen to fourteen lead with twelve minutes left in the first. Half B yu trying to get out of the first round in The East, region taking on to a really really TOUGH vcu. Team so we'll keep you up to date on The Madison march throughout the course of the show. Today Real Quick jazz welcome in The Washington wizard last night and they, won which is too. Bad so The, jazz they try to get a little sneaky as far as the way they were approaching this.
Speaker 2: Game but you, Know washington sat a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Different, players Including Rashawn holmes in addition To Chris. Middleton they just Received Chris middleton From milwaukee in the trade prior to the trade, deadline And washington had been. Playing actually, okay they swept the season series against The Denver. Nuggets The jazz sat lowry marketing for quote personal, reasons they incrementally Rested Walker, kessler who only played fifteen.
Speaker 2: Minutes in his fifteen, minutes he took six.
Speaker 1: Threes and it's kind of The jazz are simply trolling THE nba, like, oh you're gonna find us for sitting.
Speaker 2: Players we're. Here here's how we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Lose we're gonna let our seven foot or just shoot it like He's Ray allen From.
Speaker 2: Yukon he only made one of the six.
Speaker 1: Threes he only played fifteen, minutes but goodnight once again From Isaiah. Collier Collin sexton in only nineteen minutes was very. Efficient Kyle philipowski continues to show his skill set since about knockdown some shots off the. Bench it was a Good keyante game for the most. Part he had twenty on twelve. Shots and so, Unfortunately washington now has virtually a game and a half lead over The jazz for the worst record in THE. Nba but the good news is the bottom three teams have the same fourteen percent chance to lock in that number one seed in or excuse, me lock in that number one pick in order to hopefully draft One cooper.
Speaker 2: Flag all, right we are live, today out and.
Speaker 1: About if you want to come experience the badness In march with, us i'd encourage you to do it at fifty five ninety Two South Redwood. Road it's Called Crossroads bar And.
Speaker 2: Grill they've got a great food.
Speaker 1: Menu they've got full bar, beers, cocktails and if you're not a, drinker they've got a team caried with water and soda and whatever you. Need our next guest knows a thing or two about this. Tournament he knows a thing or two about a lot of. Things, jazz, basketball old, westerns old, comedies Def, Leppard Craig, Bowler, Jack, sir how are you on A?
Speaker 6: Thursday Hey, spence good good talk to, You. PALVIN a while.
Speaker 1: It has AND i appreciate the. Time so before we get to the, Jazz i've said a couple of times this, WEEK i have fond memories of listening to the dolcid tones of. One Craig Bowler jack Call March madness games when this tournament rolls. Around, craig what are some of the fun memories that roll into your.
Speaker 6: Mind oh, oh Man, Spence i'll make phone calls TO cbs and see IF i can't still come back for a, game but that's not going to. HAPPEN i, MEAN i had a blast thirteen, seasons thirteen years Of March. Madness so many games pop up in my. MIND i remember Buck nell The bison fourteen seed knocking Off, kansas the number three. Seed that was a wild Game Taco Bell. Arena Boise James worthy was my, analyst and all four games ended with a buzzer beater and it was the craziest day that you can. Imagine four games and just one day is a tough, call BUT i wouldn't trade. It and you, know you got a prep, obviously and during those days OF, cbs we had a chance to probably see during the course of the college basketball season about half the teams that we actually had in our. Region so you had to bone up on some of the fourteen to fifteen, seed some of the, twelves and you, know there's always that feeling Of. Cinderella you know that one day at practice On tuesdays And, wednesdays no matter what region you were, assigned every, player every, team every coach really thought they believe they could beat the team to stand and win the national, championship and that Was that's still the beauty of. It it's changed a lot those, spenses you, know, oh because most players that are at that high level or one and, done so fans don't get a chance to really rally around two or three year players Like Al. Horford you remember Who jazz will play tomorrow. Night won back to back national championships With Billy donovan At, florida AND i don't know if that scenario will ever happen, again but it still doesn't take away the thrill of the moment because you just don't know who actually on that given, night that given day will actually, shine, Right and that's why you play. IT i, mean that's Why March madness is CAPTURES i think the imaginations of even fans that don't even really follow college basketball that. Much that, bracket by the, way means a.
Speaker 1: Lot, yes it, does even though it's an exercise and futility trying to fill it. OUT i, Mean i'm already. SCREWED i Had louisville Beating auburn and they lost To creighton.
Speaker 2: Today but you, Know, craig.
Speaker 1: Let's stay in the space for a, moment because you know, ME i love, basketball And i've grown up around, it played it as long AS i. COULD i WISH i could have played in my whole. LIFE i, mean that's how MUCH i loved. It and there's just something about like the first four, games the final two of the first four are played last, night and After american lost in such heartbreaking, fashion their star player hurt his, knee and the postgame press, conference the head coach and the star player were just in.
Speaker 2: Tears they were just.
Speaker 1: Crying and there's something about the passion of this tournament, that, HONESTLY i don't think any other level of basketball. CAPTURES i don't exactly know. Why AND i love THE Nba, playoffs AND i LOVE nba basketball when players decide to show up and. Play but what is it about the tournament that you think inspires so much intensity and so much passion during these few weeks In march And, april.
Speaker 6: You, know spends my first thought when you asked me that questions the last, bastion the last stronghold of still some purity of amateur athletics that still remain Some and that's not at all, Schools but like An american right that they lay it on the. Line you, Know Utah state will play, later and that probably has so much more meaning for some of those so for some of those, players and it does maybe others At auburn or you, KNOW ucla or, Whomever BUT i think the smaller. Schools and you could ask this to thorough who won the championship in eighty three with such incredible you, know The cinderella The slipper fit And Jimmy valvano's running on the floor looking for someone to. Hug that's one of the most iconic moments In March madness. History and that's the feel good. Moment AND i think fans want to feel good about Sports, SPENCE i really. Do nil you know that spoils it to some and you, know the purity of, it you, know can you hang on to some of? It AND i think that's really What March madness still. Represents the little guy who's going to fight you, Know goliath and say, hey look at me and raise their hand and say we. Belong AND i think that's really a big part of. IT i remember we talked about it AT cbs all the, time you, know looking for those stories that would bring kind of that narrative alive of who actually could possibly come out of nowhere to win. It and that's why That elite, eight The sweet, sixteen The elite, eight and of course The final. Four the man getting there is, tough the emotions are, real AND i think again that's the beauty AND i hope it stays some way and still in some way we still capture that every year because nil becomes more. Professional players jump and go after one year because they're that, good AND i think the fans sometimes miss having that relationship with a team that actually plays their players or players stay right three or four, years but in THE nba that means you're not that, good and so the. Pressure it can't work both, ways is my. Point BUT i sure love the fact that out of this, group hopefully there'll be one or two that surprised every one and they find their way to The sweet, sixteen just to make the narratives a good one BECAUSE i love those.
Speaker 1: Stories B yu twenty FOUR vcu twenty, Two, craig this is gonna be a really really good. Game, Yeah AND i wonder what you make Of year, One Brigham young Under Kevin young not to be.
Speaker 2: REDUNDANT i know most of.
Speaker 1: Your attention is on jazz, hoops and we'll get to jazz hoops as they Show Danny ainge down in the CROWD byu guard from seventy.
Speaker 2: Seven to eighty.
Speaker 1: One he had a little bit of, Game, craig didn't he back in the, day.
Speaker 6: Man Oh, man the drive the bucket Over notre With Notre dame and still, replayed, replayed. Replay that's another magical. Moment Danny ainge is a, gamer and you, know hopefully that gamesmanship and that just the way that the furnace burns with competitive. Nature hopefully that again and relates to what he's doing with the. Jazz beginning back to the B. Yu i've watched two games this year When i've been on the. ROAD dyu had a little bit of a. Slump they worked their way out of. It they do space the. FLOOR i noticed very, well LIKE nba, teams and What young does is COACH byu like he's been to THE. NBA aj may do the same thing At utah and he's got a lot of work to. Do Alex, jensen because you, know if you coach in THE, nba you can tell the college. KIDS i, KID i know what it takes to get you, there AND i Think young has done that AT, byu and obviously nil money is going to play a big factor with the alums who are going to donate to that, fact AND i think.
Speaker 7: BY us is making you, know it's made.
Speaker 6: TURNS i mean they dominated the old days along With utah and the Old. Whack those are fun. GAMES i REMEMBER i called The Kevin nixon free quarter shot in The whack Turn ye and tip in By Van horn that that was just so iconic at the moment WHEN i was AT. Espn But i've been blessed to see some great, basketball But i've been blessed just to know some of these guys who are AGAIN i think represent the past and now we're into the future of where it's. GOING i, mean those are guys who played three years sometimes, four, uh and you, know the fan base got to know them so well and so and we did as a media by the, WAY i, mean they were, approachable not saying these guys, aren't but you know the bottom line is they want to move on to the next. Level but how do they get. There they've got to go Through march madness and hopefully that bills in their. Minds it it's because there's there's a there's A gm on every, right there's a rep from every team watching trying to find that one nugget of one player that maybe overlooked they could help their team the next.
Speaker 1: Level no, Doubt, craig since you Referenced Alex, jensen the news that everybody was kind of pining to hear or become, official did just that.
Speaker 2: This he was introduced as.
Speaker 1: The seventeenth head coach In utah men's basketball, history and you, know it's been really cool to. Hear like when The jazz were up In minnesota not too long, Ago gobert was asked about his years working With alex and gave a really just classy and it's What, Rudy it's Who rudy. IS i Know rudy takes a lot of, flak But rudy gave a really, classy detailed description of their time working. Together And Will hardy was asked about A Walker kesse was asked about, it and it seems, Like, craig this is a hire that has been met with just like a, consensus like.
Speaker 2: Yes this was the right.
Speaker 1: Move of, course you had a front row seat to watch the development Of Rudy gobert under the tutelage Of Alex, jensen and the majority of the credit always goes to the, player especially based off of the early returns From rudy when nobody knew if he was ever going to be able to turn into, anything and he puts in the, Work alex is by his side and now he's A hall of. Famer say what you want about, him he's A hall Of. Famer so from your front row, seat what did you see on the developmental, side As Alex jensen was kind of the name digman coach For rudy for you, know seven eight, years and Then Walker kestler for his his rookie year as.
Speaker 6: Well Right, Spence i'd say he's kind of a quiet. ASSASSIN i, mean is he, Boisterous, no but he gets the message. Across he's a hell of a. Coach he's a great, communicator AND i think he was the right guy at the right time For. Rudy kind of Brought rudy out of the, show let him know that he had the skill set if he put the work, in And rudy then started going into the. Weightlifting he then started going into, Boxing he then started working with his feet more and more AS aj kept telling, him, look you've got to be, quick you got to be able to show and, retreat show and. RETREAT i can't tell you how many times we heard that in, practice AND i Think, gobert you, KNOW i spoke to him in the locker room And i'd say he was just so much of smiles when you brought up Just Alex jensen's, name BECAUSE i really do believe WITHOUT, AJ i don't know if he would have had this top to. Success he was driven By Alex, jensen AND i Think Walker kesher would tell you exactly the same. Way in that rookie season After, quinn you, KNOW i, mean they just, said, look, man who do you want to? Be now you had the sophomore slump into his, credit he's busted his tail to get back to a high level in year. Three BUT aj has been a big factor in development Of, biggs AND i think when he, recruits let's be, honest those names will follow him when he knots on someone's door and say you want to come play for me At utah BECAUSE i know what it. Takes i've Developed. Biggs i've got four Defensive player of The year awards under my belt With, gobert And i've developed a young, name a young man Named Walker. Kessler and look what he. Did he also he lived a, dream, right he lived a dream With majeris in ninety eight In San. Antonio but they lost To. Kentucky but, man what a run that. Was AND i think he can relate those stories to an eighteen or a seventeen year old and, say, hey we got something, here and we got a fan, base by the, way that's going to embrace.
Speaker 1: You AND i know every single student UNDERGRAD i should, say at The university Of, utah they weren't even born When alex was playing For.
Speaker 2: Rick, LIKE i get.
Speaker 1: IT i understand that maybe the younger generation does not understand how much fun that. Was and you, know as you, Know, CRAIG i was a student At utah in the. Nineties AND i just keep, saying, like for, this for this student body who clearly know what it's like to cheer for a very, fun very successful football program winning Some pac twelve championships and going to A Rose, BOWL i want them to experience what it's like as a student to, say, hey let's go up to The, Union utah is playing in THE ncaa, tournament or let's go to the frat. House they're in the, elites you, know The Elite aid or The sweet, sixteen or maybe even The final, four like those times in the, spring or some of my fondest. Memories AND i wonder from your, prism your vantage point When rick was on the sidelines And utah was not just advancing to the, tournament but they were making. Runs what you remember from that really exciting time with so much buzz in the.
Speaker 6: Market oh my, Gosh, Well rick Was, rick as you, know. Unpredictable he you, know he was good in front of a. Microphone he was. Unpredictable but the one one thing that you knew What utah was always going to be as uber. Prepared they knew basketball back of their, Hand they knew every. Angle they were so well, coached just on the simple, Basics, spence as you, APPRECIATE i, know just as simple basics of, basketball WHICH i think had been lost in some. Programs you, know it's not all about the, three it's three level, Scoring it's about. Defenses look What boston did last, Year look What Oklahoma city did is doing this. Year AS i make a switch to THE. Nba how do you win Titled it's usually done with hard nos defense when you have to make the big play or the steal or the. Block And rick had those, bodies and those guys totally bought. In was he rough on, him, absolutely but he got the message. Across if you want to be a, champion this is what you have to do to do.
Speaker 7: It he was one of the most intriguing Men i've ever.
Speaker 6: MET i, MEAN i can't even really define, him but his love for the game you can't. Question and he passed that along to The Andre, millers The Hano, mentalas The, doliaks The jensen's, RIGHT i, mean all those guys still kind of where you know. THAT i guess The rick manjaris brand right in the sense of just knowing the. Game and, man they were Just, harden those guys who got the job. Done maybe old, school Maybe hoo's your esque in some, ways but they weren't expected to go that. Far but, man it was a great run and to be there In San antonio to watch. It they just simply ran out of. Gas, ben don't you remember? That for? Sure KENTUCKY i thought they Had, kentucky But doleyak just seemed to be worn. Out he did all he could to Protect Paint jensen and, others and, man it was a heck of a game and. Disappointing but, again they got a taste of what it feels. Like they've got a great. TASTE i think it BRINGS i think it Takes aj into another level of coaching because he knows what it's like and what it takes to get to that.
Speaker 1: Level one more thing, here then we'll end with some jazz, Stuff. Craig you, know now we wait to hear the news about What alex's staff is going to look, like AND i know there are conversations going on behind the. Scenes the hard part about making this a sports talk radio topic on The home of The utes Is utah basketball is still. PLAYING i mean they've accepted an invite to this new tournament called The College Basketball crown In. VEGAS i don't know who's gonna. PLAY i, Mean Hunter, Erickson Jake walleen are the transfer, portal But Josh eilert's still coaching.
Speaker 2: Them they're still.
Speaker 1: Practicing so you kind of feel bad about the whole. Thing but you, know for, Me, craig If andre wants to. Come you make that. Happen, Okay so If Andre miller says he wants to be on the, bench you do. That but beyond, THAT i don't know that you need every single you that's ever played in the market to sit on the.
Speaker 2: Bench and it feels like a lot of people are wanting.
Speaker 1: That but as we await the, news what do you think that staff should look like to you Give alex the best chance of success as the head coach of The.
Speaker 6: Utes, yeah that's a great. QUESTION i, MEAN i love the message or two WITH, aj but he's been more busy to. Answer but you, know we to be. Able we can't get his Wife natalie on Because shipray has all the. Answers She's she's going to be tremendous in that. Position for. Sure, yeah for sure you. Will she'll be. Awesome but you, KNOW i Think, andre if he wants to be, here, YEAH i think you also have to have maybe ANOTHER nba assistant coach THAT aj knows that would like to maybe work his way up the ladder if he has interest in the college. Ranks but so they're gonna have to be young and. VIBRANT i think he's got to have where WHERE aj will be the closer Like rick was on on going out and. Recruiting you, know you have someone that sets it up and THEN aj walks in the door and, says let's get this, done Like majeeris did on so many. Occasions so it's gonna have to be a. Mix. UH i think you'll see with With alex and HIS nba experience in what's happening With, BYU i think you'll see more, space more more. PACE i mean that's just my first. THOUGHT i don't know what you, think but you, KNOW i think that's where the college game is kind of. Gone but you also still have to focus your your your your focus on defense as. Well you, know it's hard to outscore everybody every. Night you got to force, Turnovers you got to get some block. Shots you got to have a big that can roam and also step out and be a threat To so he's got a big job. Ahead you. Know it's it's gonna be interesting to see him how fast he can Put utah back on the. Map BUT i think he's got the ability to, personality to background to do. It just have to find the right guys you want to be a part of a. Rebuild but hopefully a short, one And i'm excited for.
Speaker 1: Him all, right, bowler a few minutes, remaining Then i'll set you. Loose appreciate the time byus opened up a little bit of breathing. Room they've got a five point lead, now a couple of minutes left in the first, half thirty one to twenty.
Speaker 2: Six we'll keep you up to.
Speaker 1: Date so The Washington wizards rolling to town last night to take on The Utah, jazz and it is the ultimate example Of tanka. Palooza it's, look you're just never going to tell players to.
Speaker 2: Lose you're never gonna tell. Coaches the coach to.
Speaker 1: LOSE i get, it and, LOOK i keep reminding our listeners the bottom three teams all have the same, percentage so you don't have to be the worst. Team it's a weird thing to Ask jazz fans to understand dynamics like this because for basically forty, years we're used to mostly, winning AND i know this season has taken its. Toll but on the positive side of, things what are some some of your takeaways as we enter the final. Stretch what are some of the things that you've been able to notice with a front row seat to every game The jazz fans can truly latch onto not, intangibly but, Tangibly like what is real about progress if you have seen any at, All, CRAIG i want to get your thoughts on.
Speaker 6: That what comes to mind Versus. WALKER i think that's real. Progress now they're using these last twelve thirteen games to let him experiment with the three point. Shot has not been successful at this, point But i've seen him in practice knock it down and he has some confidence with that. Shot game, time as you, know is much different different than practice. Time BUT i Think walker has really solidified himself around the. League COACHES i talked to, broadcasters, man they sit back and, go, wow This. Walker keusser's taken a huge stride in year three after his sophomore slump of last. Year he's totally turned around with, strength, confidence, attitude and he. RUNS i Think Isaiah caller may be his best friend because this big guy can really run and take up space on the. Floor that brings me To, caller WHO i think has solidified himself as the guy at the. Moment kiante may not like hearing, that but they made this decision to really see if they both could survive in a six man role For kiante And Isaiah callyer as the point he has some abilities that other players don't have because he's ran a point guard position space as you, know his entire, life his young. Life but he leads all rookie and. Assists he's, tough he gets into paint. NOW i think he also understands that he's got to, improve you, know on his three point, shot And i've seen him improve defensively. Some the other guy that jumps DOWN i have to talk about Is. Philopowski this may be one of the best deals The Jets i've ever Had at thirty. Two he slipped and The jazz decided to roll the dice on. Him but you, know he's been able to show that he can do more than just shoot to. Three he refined his three point. Shot he's also hit a mid. Range But i'm telling you he's stronger THAN i, thought and he's built his body this year to actually go inside and, finish and he can rebound in a. Crowd so those are the first three guys that come to, mind AND i think those are kind of the pieces That jazz will build around what happens to the. Veterans that's up To. Danny but, man they've been gamers to help this young group understand what it takes to be AN nba. Player no one's quit On Will, hardy AND i would tell you if they. Had but, No will is a guy that understands the mission AND i really respect that he wants to. Win spence who. Doesn't that's in every ATHLETE'S, dna or you should even be in this. Game BUT i think they have developed players and maybe they pushed him ahead of schedule and in the long, run in the long run or maybe the short, run that's gonna pay off in a, hurry let's, hope.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah and you, know part of this, plan just as any other plan in pro, basketball when you find yourself in the space The jazz find themselves.
Speaker 2: In is simply needing. Luck it just is part of the.
Speaker 1: Deal and you, know the teams that are in markets like, this that have built up winning teams over the course of, years have lucked themselves into A shay via a good trade Or apollo Ban caero because he was the number one overall, pick or A duncan and a A robinson in a Wimban yama if you're as lucky as The San Antonio, spurs or if You're, cleveland you're lucky That lebron happened to be born In. AKRON i, mean you have to have some, Luck, craig you, know like you just have. To and so it's Not danny's, Father justin's. Fault if The jazz don't luck into A Cooper, flagger what have? You but BEFORE i set you, Loose Sarah todd Desret news covers The jazz front of the.
Speaker 2: Show she wrote a really interesting piece last.
Speaker 1: Week they got a lot of traction and the the you, know the gist of, it you, know the cliff notes as it were for you old people that used to cheat in college LIKE i, did is the last three years have been what The jazz are now calling a tear, down and the rebuild kind of begins. Now and there was even a little bit of an intimation that if they do luck Into Cooper flagg at one who for our, listeners if you don't, know reclassified and should be a senior in high school right, now will be eighteen years old as a. Rookie and there's a guess kind of a thought process like if you Get cooper flag at, eighteen then your timeline starts. Now so if that's the, Case, craig next year could feel an awful lot like this.
Speaker 2: Year what are your thoughts on?
Speaker 6: THAT i Think sarah's probably right on, target you, know as much as we all want to put w's and entertain the you know in the win, column you, know the, PLAN i think again is to Do Oklahoma city's, Done houston's, Done orlando's, done use the drafts or their best. Ability and but, Again, spence as you, said you still have to have the. Luck you, know you still have to be able to get What atlanta did last year to get you, know the number one. Pick it doesn't. Happen but then the other part of this equation that sometimes gets lost is what Does danny? Do how does he? Move does he able to do more with the bucket full of picks that he, has and how does he actually use them to better this? Team and how patient HERE'S i think the most important. One how patient Is Ryan smith as the owner to see if by, Chance Delta center doesn't have ninety percent capacity every? Night Right And i'll tell you, What you've been, There you've seen, it AND i have to just Applaud jazz fans, like, wow they understand and they're interested to see the. Development but also there's kind of a line you have to pass this Say, okay been, there done, that what are we? Doing but you, know If Cooper flag comes aboard again and whatever the draft pick may, be and how you know and how he can impact this, franchise that would be the one to elevate the interest level. Again, Right they're going to come see this young guy or whomever to play and watch him grow and then how does that work With? Walker how does that work With? Callier how does that work With? Keante and how does that work With filipowski and? Others so a, tea there's still work to be, done and you, Know sarah maybe knows more THAN, i but my pay grade doesn't get me inside those. Doors BUT i think if you guestimate some THEN i, think, yeah she's pretty close to seeing. That there's still work to be done and another draft pick that The jazz want And. Spence you go back To San, antonio, right you go back To Oklahoma. City how do they? Build they always did it to the draft and then you find the one piece that you can spend money on or make the trade for with the picks you have in hand and get THE sga that sits like a, glove and then put you into the conversation of A Western conference or AN nba. Champion, Okay see's, Good, Okay see's very. Good one of the best defensive Teams i've, seen and that's How boston won it last year With gray.
Speaker 1: D byu is going to take a double ditch lead into the locker room with a nice run the end of the half thirty nine to twenty. Eight Bringham young's open up a little space.
Speaker 2: There so good for, Them, Greg thank, you.
Speaker 1: Sir i'll let you go so you can watch the madness and enjoy the world Champ Boston celtics tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Night they'll be there tomorrow. Night we just saw him ten days. Ago it seems like we played all these teams like in a, bunch Right. Spence at the end of the, Season i'd, say that's a whole other subject to THE nba. Schedule how that, WORKS i do not, Know but we're almost through.
Speaker 1: It, yeah you've almost made a, buddy and you've earned a, vacation maybe a little, cabo maybe a little.
Speaker 2: Guac who. Knows, craig but you've earned a. Vacation you're almost.
Speaker 1: There, Buddy i'll take.
Speaker 5: Both.
Speaker 6: Thanks talk to All.
Speaker 1: Craig, Bowler JACK Tv voice of The Utah. Jazz we are live today At Crossroads bar And, grill fifty five ninety Two South Redwood. Road we'll get back to some college hoops and SOME nba coming up in a. Bit we'll also get you ready for Tomorrow's Utah utah women's basketball.
Speaker 2: Game they are in THE ncaa tournament taking On.
Speaker 1: Indiana Tyson ewing will stop, by but let's do a little. Soccer on A, thursday the head coach Over al Sau, Lake Pablo mashdauenni on A thursday, Afternoon pop's Happy, thursday?
Speaker 2: Buddy are we Doing Happy?
Speaker 8: Thursday spent's doing, great, Man just winding down the week in preparation for this game Against.
Speaker 2: Outs there you, go and we'll get to that coming up a little.
Speaker 1: Bit you're back home after a successful road trip down To houston two to.
Speaker 2: One you guys get the.
Speaker 1: Results so you take all three on the, road and you get two goals from two players that folks are counting, on and you're counting on two to carry a lot of water for your. Club With diego And diego both grabbing the, goals what sort of pressure does that take off the convert sation about your nines when you can get goals from other.
Speaker 8: Places, yeah, NO i think we talked about it last. Week you, KNOW i think with our, nine they're they're doing a good job and again not having a lot of, experience it's always it's it wouldn't be fair to put so much pressure on.
Speaker 9: Them and And diego And Diego i've both been performing well between the boxes and it was really just that killer instinct in the box and spent you, know quite a bit of time.
Speaker 8: With those two last. Week are coaches involved and making sure that they're always arriving in the box and making sure that our nine always had two players on either side that could finish as. Well and to be, fair they both took their chances really, Well diego And. Diego but with that they're also building in confidence in our, link, play in our in in the way we're, attacking and their voice on the training. Field so it's been maybe a little bit slower than than what we, wanted but the fact that they got it done it this weekend was a big Confidence boece for the.
Speaker 2: GROUP i would be remiss IF i didn't ask.
Speaker 1: You AND i know this is not necessarily your seat on the, bus but every TIME i kick the tires on internet, rumors and internet rumors typically bring a lot of, Truth, pablo as you. Know so it just it feels like everybody continues to pontificate on these possibilities of reinforcements on the, way but we haven't heard anything. Official can you illuminate us at all as far as where we're at in this?
Speaker 10: Process, yeah, yeah we're, again we're we're identifying a couple of players and have had a conversation with a player in.
Speaker 8: Terms of possibly coming hopefully sooner than. Later and again it was a really good. Chat and obviously the thing With dispense is so unique is like there's so many things that have to line, up AND i think we've talked about this in the, Past, right they got to get the release from the club who's willing to engage in the, negotiations so you get the player on. Board that's only half of. That the other half is making sure that the club is the wants the part ways as, well and so it's a it's a tricky negotiation. Process BUT i feel like we've identified two, players one of WHICH i, think, uh you, know hopefully you can get across the. Line SO i don't know IF i divulge too much from the club, perspective But i'm but but Why i'm excited about it, is you, know when the team performed the way they did from an attacking perspective In, HOUSTON i feel like that's a great environment in which to bring somebody into and so that there's not this insurmountable pressure where you have to be the guy that carries a. Load but when you have you, Know diego And diego produce them like they did in the last, game it creates a great environment for these guys to come in and help the team be.
Speaker 2: SUCCESSFUL i can excuse.
Speaker 1: ME i can tell you that you're not divulging too much Because kurt essentially said the same thing a week. AGO i just know that some fans are a little bit anxious to see this actually get. Done and, look you want to two of the last three, right and ultimately the results are still still. Coming but IF i could follow, up, uh who are these?
Speaker 2: Players what are their? Names who do they play?
Speaker 4: For just.
Speaker 2: Kidding are you?
Speaker 1: Trying are you trying to get them across the line prior to the window closing In april next?
Speaker 8: Month, yeah, no for, sure that's that's obviously the. Games the sooner the. Better and LIKE i, said you, know usually when you when you signed the, player there's usually a three week waiting period in order to get all the paperwork across the line and the visa and all that. Stuff so you, know Again i'm optimistic it's going to get. Done as far as the, timing nobody. Knows and that's why me from my from in my, chair it's just how do we get how do we get guys one to two percent more, confident more belief and executing the right way to give us results in the.
Speaker 1: Meantime you, KNOW i know a lot of THE rsl fans who listen to these interviews don't like it WHEN i do a basketball soccer, parallel but just, anecdotally you, know there are these stories about how The jazz used to use their head, Coach Quinn snyder when trying to attract players to play for, them and it's the front. Eye this his job to get the deal done and negotiate the contracts and and then what they used to do is Call quinn and Then quinn was just this, tactician, mastermind and they give him a marker and, say go to the whiteboard and tell this player how you're going to use him if we do actually get him. Here what is your, Role pablo And kurt Or jay Or tony or whoever calls you in to try, to you, know kind of get a deal across the.
Speaker 2: Line what what does that look.
Speaker 8: Like that's a great, Question, Spence uh, no thank. You, so, yeah we we've done a pretty good job secure in most of the guys that that that we've gone after in the in the past few. Years AND i think our process is pretty. Good so currently it's it's It's kurt presenting an overview of the, club how ownership ties, in you, know the different clubs that the, ownership you, Know Global Football holdings has pathways uh, domestically pathways. Internationally and in that, bit we we show them the city Of Salt, Lake state Of, utah shows the beautiful, mountains the packed, rio tinto aff the, stadium, right so just kind of bringing bringing them Into Salt lake and THEN i get on there and THEN i have a seven Minute, uh, basically it's a it's a style of play. Documents so it's offense and, defense AND i do that in seven minutes and really just talking to a player about the position that he'll be, playing what his role and responsibility. Is and so OBVIOUSLY i have a lot of highlights right when we're banging goals and and and attack and free, flowing and then some of the defensive, responsibilities which is intensity and all these. Things and so you, know we just did it yesterday as a matter of, fact and you, know the one thing that you, know they get a good feel as to what the city looks, like.
Speaker 11: What the people are like at the, games and how and how hungry they are for wins and and how you, know how great a fans they, are and then showing them the soccer, side which is also really important for the, guys and so just trying to tie it all.
Speaker 8: Together but my role is is basically an evolved version of the.
Speaker 2: Whiteboard ah, okay SEE i find that stuff.
Speaker 1: Fascinating i'd be really interested to kind, of you, know see exactly how that.
Speaker 2: UNFOLD i, mean every front office.
Speaker 1: Does it differently synergistically with a you, know relationship with the coaching. Staff it's but it does seem like you guys really are a group that makes decisions after putting your heads. Together, Right this is not some. Monolith it's not one person calling the. Shots.
Speaker 8: Correct, yeah AND i forgot to add and then, afterwards, Uh Jason, ull we'll ask them really pointing, questions so really observe the player and ask questions. Basically you, know yesterday it was a couple of soccer questions and a couple of personal, questions, right just to kind of just tie it all. Together and so you, KNOW i think the three of, us, uh you, know we've been around for for quite a, while but we all have different ways of. Thinking AND i think, that, uh you, know when when when the three of us agree on a, player.
Speaker 6: It's go.
Speaker 8: Time and it's just now about getting over the. Line and that's we're really pleased with the interview we had yesterday and and now it's just leaving it to the gods to make sure that it happens.
Speaker 1: When it when it comes to the potential of adding a, nine, specifically how much of the conversation entails the creativity of you, Know diego And diego And dom as. Well and fortunately it to be without a couple of those, guys and we'll get to coming up this.
Speaker 2: Weekend but if you are a.
Speaker 1: NINE i would imagine you want to know, that you, know the players providing the service have the ability to be creative and put you in a good. Spot so how much of the conversation is, like, look this is exactly who you're playing, with this is how we foresee your, role and this is what these guys can.
Speaker 6: Do, Yeah, no we.
Speaker 8: Talk we talk a lot about the the supporting cast as, well and h in. Particular you, Know diego has got an unbelievable uncanny ability to you, know find passes between the. Lines you, know the fall he put in For forrester Against seattle was a fantastic. Path so he's he's got a great. Eye And diego is really good at, combining, right so, dribbling finding a one to, two and one of the things that this individual was talking, about he likes to combine around the box and so but he also likes to run in behind the. Defense SO i think he serves both tens really really. Well where one likes to, combine the other one likes to make a three, pass and SO i think it would be a great a great blend of great attack and football for the three of. Them and AND i think it's really important for them to have an understanding of who the players that were playing. Alongside and again it's just how do we bring them to this club at this, Moment and IT'S i think it's the threefold the three head of the attack and.
Speaker 6: The three of.
Speaker 8: Us but you, know the conversation went really well yesterday And i'm really optimistic that we can get this one across the Line.
Speaker 2: Conker Calf Nations league.
Speaker 1: Tonight i'm sure there are literally three people listening to the show THAT i have any clue what that. Is Andy larson's one of, THEM Us. Panama, okay so we will See diego tonight and then dom is With poland For World cup. Qualifiers let me start With, Diego and you, know you're a guy that played In World, cups and we have players that have played FOR rsl in the past that have Been World cup.
Speaker 2: Players and from my vantage, POINT i.
Speaker 1: Always just observed this extra level of confidence when you know they were able to get a call. Up and you, KNOW i can remember When kyle had his FIRST us men's national team call up and it was A Gold cup team and he killed it and that led to A World cup call up where he was a starter except For, belgium, Right and we're all mad that he didn't start Against. Belgium but what's from your vantage point as the head, coach what's the hope as far as What diego can learn or Glom onto with confidence when he comes back from the call.
Speaker 8: Up, YEAH i think that's a great. Point you, know in, particular when you have when you're in a camp with a lot Of european. Players so WHEN i was IN, MLS i was in a lot of camps With european, players and obviously all we do is Watch european, soccer whether It's Champions league or The Premier, league and some of these players coming back to THE us camp are from these leagues and playing these big, games and so for, me it was always about sizing up and like just you, know whether it's a small sided game or going up against this particular person in, training is like how far AM i away from? This like if he can do, it why CAN'T? I and SO i think that's where the confidence is really, fuils is that you realize that you're not far away from playing in the biggest leagues in the world and and and then having these players, there the speed of the game is faster than it is AN mls and so with every level you go, up the less the less time you have to make the. Play so you have to be aware of your space and aware of time because you have much less of it at a higher. Level and so when you when you tile that, together you come back TO mls teams and you are playing at a much faster, clip you're you're you're now a leader as far as holding a standard in training because you just trained with a bunch of guys that are going one hundred miles an hour and and playing for you, know trophies and you know the nation stuff and these. Things so when you come, back there's there's really about a two week period where that that those vibes still hang on and now that that's what we have to tap into it as a. Team so really looking forward to you, know both these young players coming back to our group and injecting that type of confidence that you experienced when you're with the national.
Speaker 1: Teams so Against, houston you Had dom out right and you Had diego out, Left diego. Centralized at least that's according to the lineup. SLIDE i know it's nuanced and you move, around, okay but that's just the lineup slide that have in front of.
Speaker 2: Me so what do you?
Speaker 1: DO i mean the old, monikers next man? Up what's it going to look like with those two on international?
Speaker 8: Duty, yeah so you, KNOW i think we're gonna we're going to try something a little bit, different just because AGAIN i think What dom does is very, unique AND i think What diego does is very, unique AND i don't think we have light for like within our. Group so you, know what we want to make sure is that we put players in the in positions that that they're comfortable. With so tactics don't work if the player isn't bought in or if he doesn't feel. Comfortable, Right SO i think the most important thing is make sure we put a player on them in those two positions that feel comfortable playing that. Role and the next thing is just working through some of the some of the the tactical aspects that they will encounter based upon What doubts is. Doing so we spent the last couple of, days one day on, offense one day on defense of just kind of walking through. That, tomorrow the game day minus one will tie it all together to make sure there's complete understanding and more, importantly just check for understanding and make any little. Tweaks BUT i think it's it may be a surprise to. SOME i don't think we've necessarily gone this way from a personnel standpoint and tactical, standpoint BUT i think that we're in a position to be able to do that given a good week of.
Speaker 1: TRAINING i, wonder And i'm not saying this IS i would never tell you how to do your, job BUT i. Wonder So Pablo luiz is back and healthy, now essentially after almost two years, out and you, know maybe out of, side out of.
Speaker 2: Mind he you, know is a.
Speaker 1: Central holding, mid but you've got two of the best in the lead lee there Could pablo be somebody that maybe you utilize a little bit more in the attack when you have players called up or hurt if that makes.
Speaker 8: Sense, yeah you, Know and and just to be completely, transparent you, know that's where we've Played pablo a couple of games last year Against miami And Saint, louis and then you know he played again there this year Against San, jose and the one THING i would say With pablo is that he is world class when he's got time and space.
Speaker 6: In front of.
Speaker 8: Him you, KNOW i think We're pablo's struggles because he's not real comfortable with.
Speaker 6: It it hasn't done in.
Speaker 8: A long, time is playing with players all around. Him in other, words when he was playing as a pivot for, us he'd receive it off in the pockets so that he can turn and face and once he's facing the game with, time he is. Lethal and so what we've been working on is is how do, we given our game, model how do we put him in these positions to be THE x?
Speaker 6: Factor?
Speaker 8: Right and and you, KNOW i think we're still working through. That but but the other part, is you, know what we ask from our tens is getting in the buy and that's something that is doesn't come naturally To. Pablo so we're working through that as. Well and SO i think it's been a tough you, know a couple of years For, pablo but BUT i believe, that you, know he's got the desire and we see a possibility With pablo playing in those attacking, positions you, know moving.
Speaker 1: Forward so we haven't talked a Ton pablo about your back, line because it feels like you have a lot of depth back, there but it also feels like at times the continuity isn't necessarily where you want it to be based off of some of the you, know a line of adjustments you. Make but but, again it's good to have. Depth how do you how do you land on the four that you want to make sure that that continuity is locked?
Speaker 8: In, yeah you, know sometimes it's and then there's there's a term for, this but it's it's escaped me at the. Moment but when you have so many, options sometimes you don't know what the best back four is or the most cohesive back for right because you have so many, options you're, like, well let's try. This you, know sometimes when you have four guys that you, go these are four number one. Defenders, now whether they're making mistakes or, not you still know that they're the cream of the crop and that you know it's going to come good with a little bit more time and. Chemistry and but in our, situation because we did the two, tournaments split up the two back, fours we're still in this period of going what is our best back for because you, know the last thirty minutes In houston felt very, loose.
Speaker 6: But we hung on to the.
Speaker 8: Result you, know the game before In San diego it felt really, loose and SO i think we're getting. CLOSER i don't think it has been, solidified and hopefully this game at the weekend will help us continue to make the best decision for the group as far as who those four primary players, are whilst whilst them understanding that they have to maintain the standard because we have four guys behind him that are equally as.
Speaker 2: Talented is And i'm not. Trying i'm trying to probably honestly don't.
Speaker 1: KNOW i just have the stats up and is it true That lachlan hasn't played a minute this?
Speaker 4: Year is?
Speaker 2: What what's? What what gives?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 8: Yeah, NO i think it's interesting Because locke played.
Speaker 6: In uh both championship.
Speaker 2: Games, okay so NO mls you minises?
Speaker 6: Yet?
Speaker 8: Okay, Yeah so so we just split the groups and so then when we got back to the regular, season you, know some of the guys who's been playing really, Well don was playing well and Obviously diogo and then we Got diego and so then it's it's trying to find. Time but but AGAIN i think he's had a really good week in training and so you know he should he should see some action this.
Speaker 2: Weekend all, right, Man, well look go get. Him always cheering for.
Speaker 1: You glad you're that you're back, home and obviously if you need, anything reach Out budd'd be.
Speaker 2: Good, okay, awesome but thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much problem, Mas johnnie ourselves back home after grabbing three on the. Road they're going to take ON Fc. Dallas that will be to let's see seven thirty On. Saturday of, course uh mls can be seen On APPLE. Tv you got to be a proud subscriber THAT i Am pablo today brought to you BY Ifa Country. Stores any drive to the basket begins with the first step on the. Court that's the ultimate power MOVE ifa step on crabgrass preventer excuse, me and lawn food is the first choice to give your yard the healthy green you. Admire the neighbors will be green with. Envy SHOP ifa online AT ifa dot co op er stop by their neighborhood. Stores today we're live At Crossroads bar And grill and we have a celebrity siding live on. Site this is a pleasant, Surprise Andy, LARSON i did.
Speaker 2: Not know you were joining. Me how are, You buddy Good?
Speaker 4: MAN i, mean, LOOK i was.
Speaker 12: HUNGRY i was, THIRSTY i wanted to watch the, tournament AND i needed to.
Speaker 4: Come on your radio.
Speaker 12: Shows SO i Figured i'd combine all those activities and come, out come out.
Speaker 2: Here three for.
Speaker 4: Three the freeway it.
Speaker 1: Is it's really easy to Find Crossroads bar And. Grill they've got great. Wings i've got some wings going with a, salad and he's got some refreshments as. Well so if you want to come hang, out please do at fifty five ninety Two South Redwood, Road Crossroads bar And. Grill with the madness Of. MARCH i know you're not a huge college basketball, guy but does the tournament get spin your beanie a little?
Speaker 4: BIT i am this time of year for. Sure.
Speaker 12: Okay some of my favorite memories growing up or watching the, tournament you, know with my, friends and it's just it's the, best.
Speaker 4: You, know playoff format that there is totally good.
Speaker 12: Sports probably to have a one and done tournament with sixty four teams across the, NATION i guess sixty eight now it.
Speaker 4: Is it's just COMPELLING.
Speaker 12: Tv, yeah and you, know, no the product's not as good as THE. Nba but like when you have four games to watch at the same time and it is for.
Speaker 1: Sure it Is are you a bracket?
Speaker 2: Guy does the?
Speaker 1: Trip have you do a? Bracket do you do it with friends or?
Speaker 2: Family?
Speaker 12: Yeah ever SINCE i was a. KID I i THINK i started my first bracket WHEN i was. Twelve. Yeah so this is the twenty first Annual angulars And March Madness Bracket.
Speaker 4: Challenge oh so you run a. GROUP i WANT i run a. Bracket.
Speaker 12: YEAH i run a group with my friends and family and so, on and it is it's. Fun one YEAR i won against the teachers in my school that in high.
Speaker 6: School.
Speaker 12: Nice that was to get like a bundle of ones from all my all my, teachers and that was that was.
Speaker 4: GREAT i don't. KNOW i love this time here.
Speaker 1: Porter did you get Invited Tandy's Bracket challenge this?
Speaker 6: Year?
Speaker 3: Negative?
Speaker 2: Yeah uh now let me check my. Phone what gives man? Said facebook.
Speaker 12: Invites i'm still doing like this old two thousand era. Website, okay if you've got a, bracket eye can put it in last minute for.
Speaker 2: YOU i Have Louis Obeedian. Aubora they lost this.
Speaker 1: Morn how many people in The Andy larson bracket.
Speaker 12: Challenge, uh that's a good. Question the maximum in the website he uses. Fifty so that's that's where we're, at like usually around.
Speaker 1: There you, know let me get your thoughts on just a couple of college hoops storylines that we'll get to The jazz And LITTLE. Rsl first of, all B YU vcu B yu pulling away a little. Bit it's, funny, man there have been Times i've watched THIS byu team And i'm, like that's as deep as any team that we've seen In.
Speaker 2: Provo AND i mean, EVER i mean.
Speaker 1: Truly obviously The Big twelve brings different, Challenges but what do you make of year one B yu Under Kevin.
Speaker 2: Young i'm really.
Speaker 12: IMPRESSED i mean it is a pro style OFFENSIVE nba style, offense which means that you, KNOW i recognize the style of wall that they're going, for AND i think they are hitting those.
Speaker 6: Marks you.
Speaker 12: KNOW i think it took a while when they first started A Big twelve play to really kind of get used to the style of play of what could.
Speaker 4: Work and couldn't.
Speaker 12: Work BUT i think they figured out that they do have to use their depth a little, bit that they have to use kind of their three big, men you, know kind of mix and match depending on who the matchup.
Speaker 4: Is and then you, KNOW i.
Speaker 12: Think, Honestly Jego demons figured out some a little bit out where he Has he's able to move on the floor a little bit. More you're, SAYING i think some real game to game development from. Him not that he's an, amazing you, know player at the collegiate level, yet BUT i think he's a deserving starter in a way that he may not have been two months. Ago and then you, KNOW i Think Richie saunders has figured something. OUT i think just the pace in space they play with.
Speaker 4: Does remind me of THE nba game a.
Speaker 12: Lot and then have been impressed with their ability to stick with teams defensively in their best. Performances so, yeah you, KNOW i think they're really good. TEAM i think they're probably better than a sixth. SEED i have them winning Against wisconsin in my personal bracket BECAUSE i just do think that this is a good team with some pretty good players on.
Speaker 1: IT i excuse, ME i actually think they match up better With wisconsin than they do AGAINST. Vcu but right now they're showing, that and, look there's plenty of time, left BUT byu was up fifteen and earlier, Today i'm watching The Louisville creighton game and they showed a stat that is wild teams that are up fifteen in the first round are one hundred and ninety one to oher since nineteen Ninety so it looks like they're gonna kind of. Cruise let me follow up About yegor because you, know among the many things that you do for The Solid tribune as you cover THE nba, draft And Jonathan cavoni's latest mock Has yegor at eight To, portland so a top ten, pick and you understand, why, right because if you've seen him up close and in person like you, have the measurables are. REAL i, mean he's super, long and he's having a good. Game today's three of five from. Three the turnover struggles are, there twenty five percent turnover rate and he's only twenty percent on three for the.
Speaker 2: Year but you can see why pro scouts like him can't.
Speaker 12: Ya, YEAH i, mean, look there's there's no one else in the class and in most, classes with the intersection of passing and height and size that he, has, right and we when you see those players in THE nba they are the NBA's elite, players whether That's Luka, dancic whether that's Shake, Gilgess, alexander whether THAT'S i, mean you just are looking for height and playmaking to lead your offense because that.
Speaker 4: Allows you to ping passes all over the floor and get open shots for everybody every time down the.
Speaker 12: Floor and and so that being, said you, know, yeah the three point shots not. There it has been, today by the. WAY i think he's three or four in this, game twenty seven percent for the.
Speaker 4: Year and then like the ability the wiggle isn't.
Speaker 12: There the ability to beat defenders off the, dribble the ability to deal with a contested, lane the ability to deal with the defender on his hip is not, there and frankly isn't even. Close so in order for him to be a GOOD nba, player AND i don't think he would, be you, know year, one rookie, year he will really.
Speaker 4: STRUGGLE i think he is a.
Speaker 12: Project but if he can improve one of those two, skills then he can be a really valuable role. Player if he improves, BOTH i think he can be an actual star in THE, nba you, know like a, again one of those kind of great players THAT i mentioned maybe not.
Speaker 4: At luca, level but like a lead ball handler in the.
Speaker 12: League so but then you, know if he only gets a shot and doesn't get the ball, handling maybe he's More Joe. Inglesy if he's gets a ball handling but not the, shot maybe he's Like Kay, landerson you, know like those players are still.
Speaker 4: Pretty useful To, skiddy.
Speaker 12: Right, Yeah and SO i don't THINK i would draft him in that top. TEN i think that's probably a little bit too, high but in the ten to twenty, Range i'd certainly consider.
Speaker 1: It you Think richie has played his way Into big twelve Most Improved player of The. Year and you, KNOW i think the first what surprised me the first TIME i Saw Richie saunders play in person is he's legitimately six.' five he has good size for. A guard he has great elevation on. His jumper he shoots a, jump shot not a. SET shot i love the fact that he's just he. NEVER stops, i mean the energy is. Sky high do you think he's played himself into a spot where either drafted or undrafted training CAMP.
Speaker 2: INVITE nba I do i.
Speaker 4: SEE some nba?
Speaker 12: Potential there, and look he's, he's old, Right like so that's always the problem with by he prospects is you're dealing with a guy who's probably not.
Speaker 4: Going to develop too much more from what.
Speaker 12: He, is yeah, Good point AND the nba teams worry, about that and if you look at, the analytics like you should really avoid those guys unless they do have. Big PRODUCTION but I Think ritchie sanders works in kind Of.
Speaker 4: A sam merrol sort. Of way he was also old coming Out of utah eight.
Speaker 12: Like that he has a you know kind of ways he can contribute TO the nba game, right away and that he, can shoot and that he does work his butt, off defensively, you KNOW and i think that's kind of an underrated part of his game. As Well kevin young compares Him To, alex caruso who's one of the best guard defenders in. THE league i don't see him being that good IN, the nba, but like, you know if you can hang on the floor and make shots and defend a, little bit like there's Like A grayson allen kind, of role, you know for what he is in the league, right now and it's worth a two, wais slot may be worth.
Speaker 4: A second round pick.
Speaker 12: From somebody but, you know that's certainly a lot higher than what we were thinking of The just hunters coming into.
Speaker 1: THE year byu at this point pulling away fifty six thirty NINE.
Speaker 2: Over vc you will keep you up to date on.
Speaker 1: That game let's stay in the, college space Because the University of utah announcement became. A Reality, alex jensen seventeenth head Coach in utah men's. Basketball history over the past Week the Jazz, Roin minnesota rudy was asked.
Speaker 2: ABOUT him I thought rudy gave a.
Speaker 1: Great answer We've Heard, Walker Kessler, will hardy a lot of guests on my show talk about having that front row seat To watch Alex help. Rudy, develop obviously the bulk of the credit goes to. The Player but i've talked to you about. This, Before man rudy's. ROOKIE year i can remember watching JUST going i, don't, know MAN like i, don't Know and rudy worked his tail off and now He's a Hall. Of famer your vantage point working With covering alex while he was With, the jazz and what you think he can do With.
Speaker 12: The, You YEAH and i Think that rudy instance IS such a good example of what he was good at is one kind of developing a relationship with the player.
Speaker 4: So that he Really, trusted rudy REALLY, trusted.
Speaker 2: Aj, right yeah.
Speaker 12: For sure and that meant THAT when, Aj, said hey we don't want you to work on your offensive game. At all we, want, you know we rather than develop your three, point shot you're gonna be developing your, screen setting your. Your body you're gonna work on your upper and your, lower body and you're gonna be working on your defensive timing, and, awareness right and all of those things turn him Into An, all star turn him Into AN all, nba PLAYER where i think a lot of guys like would have Gone The christian wood route and tried to make threes and forgot about the rest of.
Speaker 6: The.
Speaker 12: Game, Right LIKE so I Give alex jenson actually a ton of credit For How rudy gobert turned out to be a real force IN. The NBA and i think that is something that is replicatable and something you can sell to recruits that the you is like.
Speaker 4: Again kind of In A kevin young sort, Of, Way hey i've worked with the.
Speaker 12: NBA's best i can develop you into the, you know into the player that you want. To be there's a path THERE that i think is is harder for a harder case to make For a quake smanth or.
Speaker 4: Even a Leary kris kovak who WAS an nba.
Speaker 12: Assistant coach but with some pretty bad teams and didn't have that level of success on his res, Me right, so yeah, YOU know i think it's a good hire. FOR youth i think it's probably the best one they could have possibly. Realistically Made and i'm interested to see how, they do, YOU know i think from a program point, of view, you know and and they were working to address this with trying to build A New huntsman. Center replacement but that situation is a little, bit, rough right like the games aren't as the environment isn't what it is at some other colleges around. The country and then, you KNOW the nil funds going to football is, a, concern right but from a basketball point, of view and we'll see. How much, you know clearly that the donors were willing to DONATE the aju may indicate that there's more investment, There coming so. We'll see but, you know as FAR as i hire goes my point, OF view i think.
Speaker 4: It's as good as they could.
Speaker 1: Have done do, you remember off the top of your head your final four who you picked to go to the.
Speaker 12: FINAL four i had the most boring final four of, all time which is top four.
Speaker 1: Number one seeds had all four ONE seeds.
Speaker 12: I did and you, know, WHAT like i think there is a real gap between the top four and what goes.
Speaker 4: Comes below and you look On, kem palm, For, example.
Speaker 12: Yeah that there is a clear gap in the net ratings between the first four and what and the number, two seeds number three seeds and, So ON and i just think that those four teams.
Speaker 4: Have separated themselves and are most likely to.
Speaker 12: Make it and, you, know, like yeah probably at some point one of these number one seeds, gets UPSET but i don't really know at what stage and, by WHO because i think they should be favored to win all of those games that they play by at least.
Speaker 1: Five, Points Yeah and ken actually made that point on the show that there actually is a large gap between the top teams and then the.
Speaker 2: Next tier so, we'll see we'll keep you up.
Speaker 12: TO date i think it's the First time i've ever, done that though picked complete scratch number one seeds in the.
Speaker 1: FINAL four, I mean.
Speaker 2: I was I Picked.
Speaker 1: Duke Houston then I've Got texas Tech And Michigan state texas Three And michigan state so.
Speaker 2: To two but when you fill out, a bracket you Know this.
Speaker 1: Cinderella stories upsets, are fun But typically, Elite eight, final four the cream.
Speaker 12: Does, rise YEAH and i think there's real Cool like duke. Is, awesome yeah and we'll see what Happens With. Cooper flag but even, without him they played so well that in, the Tournament like florida's really. Really good i've been really Impressed with houston. This year they were actually my pick to win. It, all uh just with the, athleticism there, You Know and i'm Just and auburn Has Probably national player Of the Year And, Johnny GROUP like i think that's it's just a clear top four that has.
Speaker 4: Differentiated themselves.
Speaker 1: You know it is such a, fun tournament and if you juxtapose it to how painful it's been this year watching our pro, basketball team it's just been fun to like be reminded of teams that are serious about winning in care and, out passion like the. First four, Last night american loses their star player jacks up his knee postgame, press conference the coach and the plays are just, in tears, you know and it just you just don't find that type of passion in pro basketball.
Speaker 2: MUCH anymore i.
Speaker 12: Mean certainly Not, in march when you know half of literally half OF the nba stars are sitting and maybe more than half of the teams aren't playing, for, ANYTHING right i, do think, YOU know i go back to last year when the tournament was At The delta center and you saw that emotion, up, close right like what it Meant for Kansas and Samford on samford to get that game winning block that was incorrectly called a foul at. THE end i don't know if you remember, that game Ure the, arizona game, You KNOW like i think you just see like the traveling fan bases and the students and it's it's, A yeah, i mean it's a, playoffs right like it matters and it's one.
Speaker 1: And DONE and i LOVE the, nba playoffs don't get. Me WRONG and i can't wait for, you know LATER spring. Nba basketball but we'll move over into the space And the. Jazz Now And sarah todd's in front of the show and she does a really, good job and she's a, good rider she's a good. Media member she asked. Great QUESTIONS so i don't want this to come A like i'm knocking on her, at all but the, whole, like, hey guys what we've been doing for three years is actually.
Speaker 2: Tearing down, the house and now.
Speaker 1: We're ready to build the house three years after you move On from Gobert and Mitchell and Bogdanovich and royce and your head coach leaves and your general. Manager Leaves like i'm sorry to, be cynical but the rebuild started when you moved on from the bulk of your roster and your coach AND.
Speaker 2: Your gm that's just.
Speaker 12: My, OPINION look i to, whatever EXTENT and i think you are right to whatever extent that you don't like, that opinion you should blame the people in the front office Of The.
Speaker 4: Utah jazz and THAT'S why i Want, To, yes yes.
Speaker 12: It's clear it's a MESSENGER for i think it's it's really valuable to have that front office point of view. OUT there, i MEAN and i hear from of those same, things, too right like that they.
Speaker 4: Feel that this is still part of.
Speaker 12: The teardown and, YOU know i think that's Frustrating for jazz fans who, YOU know i think watched the last two seasons and were confused about why the team was staying in, The middle and we're confused why not why more trades, weren't made and why they were so happy kind of being in that nine and tense spot in both of those seasons when clearly.
Speaker 4: More should have.
Speaker 12: Been, done now, you know props to them for really embracing the tank, this, Year, RIGHT like i think it is ultimately the right move for the franchise to try to get a franchise changing player rather than a prospect Like Of.
Speaker 4: Cody williams but.
Speaker 12: It didn't have to be, this way and, YOU know i do think they that is maybe the biggest piece of criticism you can throw In the jazz front, office direction is that the rebuild the teardown has taken too long and kind of left them in this position where we are in, year Three since Donovan and rudy and the prospects that they have to show for are IN that B or C TIER.
Speaker 1: B yu now has a thirteen point lead with nine to fifty five left in.
Speaker 2: The second.
Speaker 1: So the other Thing that sarah's piece kind of, you know intimated as, a possibility, AND look i nobody will be more excited if we're all sitting down on lottery night And the jazz, grab one then it's like here, we, Go Right cooper flag for our listeners and may not know reclassified he should be a senior in. High school he's going to be eighteen during his. Rookie Season and sarah's piece kind of intimated that the potential Of the jazz season next year looking a lot like this year could kind of be the reality if they Do Draft. Cooper flag and she even went on to talk about the potential of as the, season ends you'll be able To trade lowry, this offseason and she even talked about maybe moving On from walker who Thinks He's ray allen circa nineteen ninety eight all of, a sudden which is a. Different topic that's a tough thing to Consider because walker's really Good and, Larry's awesome.
Speaker 2: But what do you make of? THAT potential i think it's.
Speaker 12: An option, For him, AND look i, think that, you know kind of continuing the teardown is more likely if they Don't Get, cooper, Flag, right like if you truly don't get A Franchise chining cross back then you're really. Talking about, you know If You're, tray johnson is the guy you get out of, this draft let's say at, Number, five yeah then it makes sense just to tank, another year, because again if you go for the eighth pick in the draft, or something then you're losing out on the the odds of A j Debanza Or darren Peterson Or cam boozer or these really again franchise changing prospects that are at the top of. THE draft i that, being Said, with cooper, you know maybe all of a sudden because he is, so good because he is kind of. GAME changing I think i think he's one of the best prospects we've seen in the. Last decade, YOU know i think he's a upper echelon number. One pick if that, MAKES sense, i would, you know kind of consider maybe doing something else there and maybe Build around Cooper and Lowry and walker and then try to acquire a franchise changing guard and see what you. Have there, but, yeah look it's this is not going to be a. Short Process the jazz are not going to make the playoffs, next year, you know like, it is and the front office has their eyes open. ABOUT that i think when they First Traded. Donovan rudy their hope was to flip the picks that they received for a star right to go big, Game hunting and what they've.
Speaker 4: Learned is that.
Speaker 12: That's nearly impossible to do if you don't already have a star on.
Speaker 4: The, roster yeah.
Speaker 1: And as MUCH as I, love lowry he's because one of THE things i try to do on the show is look at teams that maybe two three years ago were where the jazz are at that are playing. Well now and the problem With like Detroit is kid. Is awesome the problem with, you know Making the orlando Parallel is polo. Is AWESOME and i could keep going Shay, with okac but they just don't have that dude on the roster, right now.
Speaker 12: Right right and, you know, And again lowry is a really, Good, players like, you know he hasn't played that well, this SEASON but i think, there's realistic, YOU know i think there's a good chance.
Speaker 4: He'll just get back to kind of all star form in the years.
Speaker 12: To come but like, even, then yeah he's not, a distributor he's not. A playmaker he's not he's a, you know, a finisher to use. His nickname and so he needs to be set up by. His teammates he's he's not really making his teammates better in any real way other. Than, spacing yeah and So the jazz need someone Like A cape cunningham to create stuff for himself. And others, and yeah they have no one, on that no one who is going to be AT a nba star level to be able to, do that and probably not EVEN an nba, starter level, you Know unless Isaiah call your magically gets a jump Shot or kyante magically boosts the efficiency, in defense, you know five percent shooting and one hundred.
Speaker 1: PERCENT defense i was, gonna say it's, JUST like i think there are some things to Like.
Speaker 2: ABOUT kyante i.
Speaker 1: Really DO and i don't want to Sound like i'm constantly cracking, on HIM but i, YOU know I just i don't mean to sound high brow, about BASKETBALL but i just think most people that sit down and watch basketball watch the ball and watch the shots to. Go in if you Watch k kyanty, on defense there are five to ten moments every night or you're, just, like dude what are? You doing do you not know what you're supposed?
Speaker 4: To do are you not?
Speaker 2: Trying hard it is fun.
Speaker 4: To Watch will hardy's reactions during.
Speaker 2: Those, MOMENTS sure i will.
Speaker 12: Say THAT like i think the coaching staff is probably lower.
Speaker 4: On him than the.
Speaker 12: Fans, are YEAH and i may be in kind of the middle on THAT where.
Speaker 4: I think his last month has actually. Been better, you know like.
Speaker 12: We, TALKED about i made this comparison on the show the. Other day but, you Know If jordan clarkson's a four out of, ten DEFENDER which i don't know, if that let's say that's what. He is, You know kiante at the beginning of the season was probably one out, of ten And now kiante is probably a three out.
Speaker 4: Of ten and maybe he can get to four, or five and, you know you hope that.
Speaker 12: He can but it does limit his ability to play in a, starting lineup to be in at the end of games against good teams If the jazz are really trying to. Win games, and again maybe, that develops maybe. We'll see but his mentality has been so scoring focused and offensively focused that it will Change a it will require a mindset change for him to be kind of the level player he.
Speaker 1: Wants TO so i know that you know a lot, of guys a lot of, people men women. Or whatever i'm a fan of all that do this for. A living sometimes just zig when everyone else. Is zagging and So when Wam and yama, was available you'd hear basketball hipsters, be, LIKE hey i kind Of like scoot and, you're, like dude just don't.
Speaker 5: Do.
Speaker 1: That okay are we in a scenario now where you believe It's clearly cooper head and shoulders above? Everybody Else Does dylan harper move the needle for you?
Speaker 2: At all move?
Speaker 12: The needle he's really he's clearly the second. Best Prospect but Cooper is if you ASK thirty, nba gms they're.
Speaker 4: Getting thirty cooper.
Speaker 12: Flag picks like it's it's not even a question because of his production at At at duke has been incredible this year at. Age eighteen you don't like and just barely, for nineteen but like is. It's incredible he's so good and has advanced his game offensively in a number of really. Interesting ways, you know kind of the worry before was that he may not be able to be a number one.
Speaker 4: BALL handler i.
Speaker 12: Think those worries have been pretty much just waited at. This point like, he is he is. THAT good, i think, you know there's a chance He's A all nba second team guy rather Than AN.
Speaker 4: All nba first. Team guy, but like he is clearly the.
Speaker 1: Best prospective so he turned Eighteen, in december he'll turn nineteen this next, because, no no because usually you're right about. Most Things so, i'm, like WAIT because i thought he was going to be eighteen as. A rookie so he just, turned eighteen he'll turn Nineteen. Next december but your, point stands like that is still, so young and unless You are lebron or something, like it an expectation to be awesome right out of the gates of that age is really. Really, hard yeah even If You're cooper flack.
Speaker 12: And, you know we have the history of number one probably, you know like looking At What anthony davis Did And, zion williamson and, you know like some of these really awesome prospects that set the world up, as freshmen they weren't doing it at quite the Young age. Cooper is and, YOU know I think cooper is really unique in the way in how many different ways he can impact the game on, ball defense off, ball defense as, a playmaker as, a shooter as, a creator as a, rim finisher, in transition in. HALF court, i mean he just does have, it ALL and, i think like he doesn't have it all to a ten out of. Ten degree, you know he's not going to be one of the five best athletes IN the nba when he comes in. Or anything but he's just an eight or nine out of ten at everything such that like he becomes a really. Valuable player and, you know people have Used That kawhi leonard comp for him for a, long TIME and i kind of see it because of the kind of craft he plays with on the floor and again that he plays both ends of.
Speaker 4: The floor, so well.
Speaker 1: How many in, your estimation if We take cooper off the table and at the jazz fall pass one. Or two so It's, not cooper It's Not, dylan harper how many other prospects would excite you as far as you know the ability to.
Speaker 2: Step in and be pretty special. Right away.
Speaker 12: None of them are going to be special, RIGHT away i, don't think, you KNOW so i, would say, YOU know i would still be Excited About, ace bailey certainly just because of his ability to make tough shots at.
Speaker 4: His size, YOU know i think that's a really.
Speaker 12: Really interesting starting point for a prospect that again you're just not gonna get anywhere else besides the top five of.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 12: Draft vj edgecombe is again super interesting to me with the athleticism, And SCORING like I Saw donovan mitchell comparison to him the, other DAY and i don't think that, that's crazy, you know but that's a top, end, Outcome right and then some of the time he becomes a, you Know A victor oladipot or something. Like that, but regardless still a really. Good PLAYER but i don't know that his skill level is necessarily and his size is going to be a problem, early on like he's it's going to take him a year or two, to be, you know a twenty point score in the league. Or Something trey johnson again good score needs to probably up the physicality of his games and kind of the other non scoring aspects of. His game jessica zionis or however, YOU say i just butchered that can pass really.
Speaker 4: Well and also is disappearing a little Bit during. Illinois games, so.
Speaker 12: Yeah, YOU know i think the top two clearly Helped the jazz on. The court next year, after that you're talking about more of, a project more of a month of clay that needs to be molded to be a star in, the least you weren't.
Speaker 1: That bad it's casperis, Jacketcionis, jacket yes and he had a crazy good start to, the year but, your point he's fallen off over the past month and. A Half but illinois as a, sixth seed maybe he can do.
Speaker 2: Something, all right.
Speaker 1: Real quick washington rolls into town, last night And that's TANKATHON one. O one washington wins even though, they lose And the jazz lose even though.
Speaker 2: They win what are your thoughts on what happened?
Speaker 12: Last, night yeah impressed with How Poorly jordan Poole And marcus smart played for he should go one for seventeen from.
Speaker 4: THOSE guys, i mean that is that's next all.
Speaker 12: THE look, I mean i thought That the jazz had a brilliant taking move By Allowing walker kessro to.
Speaker 4: Shoot threes.
Speaker 12: For sure just letting fifty four free throw shooter take threes all of a sudden is fun and interesting and also probably really bad. For winning, but Yeah the wizards showed a new level, last night so the props.
Speaker 4: With them the two teams split their, their games and the.
Speaker 12: REMAINING it's i believe it's twelve games For the jazz four team For, the wizards we'll decide at all.
Speaker 4: What drama, you know.
Speaker 1: It's tough it's been tough. All year if YOU and i are of the, same mind it's the right thing.
Speaker 2: To do but it.
Speaker 1: Just sucks so we'll look forward to lottery night and hopefully something fun that. Can happen, all right prior to you, Stopping by i'll set you loose, After this pablo HEAD coach rsl. Stops by on the, positive side they've won two. Of three on the, Negative side houston is Horrific, in seattle can't Win.
Speaker 2: IN sandy i don't get that.
Speaker 1: At All, But Pablo, kurt jason all three of them on the show over the past couple. Of weeks two players sounds like two players on the way prior, TO that i Think it's april third is when the. Window closes any thoughts on what you'd like those players to look like for this club that needs.
Speaker 12: Attacking options there needs to be, attacking options and, YOU know i think clearly you look at the output of the forwards and it's, not terrible, you KNOW like i Like, RIP ol, i like but it's just not at a You know Forster and ari are going to be BOTTOM five mls.
Speaker 4: Starting forwards and.
Speaker 12: If you want to be a playoff, caliber team if you want to have a top ten offense IN, the mls if you really want to, contend again you need someone to score. Those goals and it Can't Be jago luna all.
Speaker 6: The.
Speaker 12: Time yep and so when you look at kind Of how diego's struggled since being COMING into rsl and BEING. A dp had the goal, last week which, is good, but ultimately, you know it was not a huge difference maker.
Speaker 4: So far they just need more talent, up top.
Speaker 12: And Especially if diego is going to be playing FOR the us men's national team at from, ten times.
Speaker 4: So yeah.
Speaker 12: We'll see, but yeah somewhere on, the wing somewhere in, the middle and just two attacking players that you can be kind of. Versatile with AND then, i, think uh, you know ideally your defense, would UPGRADE but i.
Speaker 4: Just don't know how you make that acquisition at.
Speaker 12: This point like right back is clearly a point and, could improve, but uh.
Speaker 4: It's hard to find. Right back it just it.
Speaker 1: Just Is well dallas, in town oursel, BACK home i, would imagine and you will be at the.
Speaker 2: Match up we'll. Be, there, Yep okay i'll, Let you i'll.
Speaker 1: Let you is That a? French tip you Grab a.
Speaker 4: French spy enjoy.
Speaker 1: Your, sandwich man great to, see you The Great. Andy larson, all right we've got two. Hours down we've got two hours. To go andy stops. By today courtesy of our Friends At Ogden Clinic, athley dermatology we've got Locations, In bountiful Late And west Point And, roy okay so here's.
Speaker 2: The deal they've given you.
Speaker 1: A bunch of different options and discounts and deals that you should take. Advantage, of namely if you are like me and you are in the sun all the time once the sun starts, to shine if, you're golfing if, you're biking if, you're hiking well you should know that the State of utah is the number one state in the nation per capita in skin cancer diagnosis because essentially we live in.
Speaker 2: The desert so if you.
Speaker 1: Have not had a comprehensive consultation, a checkup they're offering that, for free which. Is, Insane okay so it gives you peace of mind if you have nothing, going on or if there's a little something they notice you can stop it before it gets. Too bad that to me is the biggest call to action for my friends Up At Ogden Clinic. Haadey dermatology they're also offering discounts. On boatox they're also offering discounts on laser treatments as pool season is. Almost here you don't want to take your shirt off and look like. A gorilla and if your child is struggling, with acne they have great acne treatments with discounts available. As well so it's a bunch of. Different deals whatever, you need you should definitely do it through our Friends At Ogden Clinic. Haalthey dermatology pick up the phone and dial eight oh one six y five seven five sixty. Sixty four that's eight oh one sixty five seven five sixty sixty four eighth one sixty five seven five six. Six four just make your appointment with them via phone or you can visit them Online at hadleydermatology. Dot Com The utah women are at action coming up tomorrow Taking on Indiana the utah and.
Speaker 2: Eight seed indiana is a.
Speaker 1: Nine seed our, next guest the voice Of the utah women's, Basketball program great To have tyson ewing back on the show On, A, thursday tyson how are your man being?
Speaker 6: Too long, I'm.
Speaker 7: Good spencer how, are?
Speaker 2: You sir i'm doing.
Speaker 1: Very well i'm doing, Very WELL so i appreciate. The time so before we get to, tomorrow's GAME since i have not had a chance to catch up, with you we had a coach on, LAST week i wonder how you have kind of digested this year with the coaching Change and alyssa, moving On and utah is still maintaining their success level advancing to their fourth tournament in.
Speaker 13: Four, YEARS well i think the overall season has, been very. VERY strong, i feel especially with the, coaching change there's a lot of uncertainties on what might. Have happened but keeping things uniform is the lay that was at the beginning of. The season Stepping having gavin step in and basically have it go as seamless as it possibly could has been. Extremely positive obviously a little disappointing down the stretch as far as the results of. Games goes but, You know utah does or did BRING back I guess i should say now a good majority of their Starters minus alyssa, last year AND so i think they had expectations from not just us in, the media in the, local media but national media as well to return Even Without, alyssa peelee and they've and they've obviously done enough to be right back in the. Situation again had a nice eight game winning streak During The big twelve play and struggle a little bit down, the STRETCH like, i mentioned lost three their last. Five games but this is a team that when they, get hot especially they're, outside shooting that could potentially make some damage in The upcoming. Instadably tournament what have.
Speaker 2: You noticed Most About Gavin.
Speaker 1: GAVIN peterson i think we've had him on the show four times, or so including this week when we were up At the Huntsman For alex jensen's introductory press and of course we all Love coach rob but she cannot say no. TO that, i mean it's one, of, like yeah you go do, your Thing and gavin strikes me as a, really positive kind of ray of sunshine. Type COACH and i just wonder what stood out most to You since gavin took over The program.
Speaker 13: For ME and i MENTIONED this i HAD earlier i was asked, this question and, for me what it's been for me is just, a large overwhelming excitement level from him to step into, this role to be up and ready. For it as far as the team goes and the way that, they've reacted it's been so fun to see how they have been able to just seamlessly take his energy and continue to. Move on, for Me what i've Loved about gavin is it just appears and this is obviously no disrespect to To coach rob, at all but it just appears As though gavin brings this Kind of He's from hawaii first, of all so he kind of brings this kind of calm sense, of like you, know what, everything's good. Everything's fine when he gets between. The lines obviously he could be, extremely intense especially, in practice being able to attend. Several practices But what i've loved about him And what i've noticed most as far as a change, would go because it disappears As though gavin's a little bit more down to earth maybe might be the best way to word it's he's a, lot more a lot more let's have fun type a type of coach outside of when it's between. The lines he's a guy that you can easily talk to. About anything and like, you said you had him on. LAST week i listened to that interview and good twenty minutes of where you were able to just have, a nice cool con conversation. With him and that's one Thing about gavin that he brings that he brings to every single day when you go and you talk to him about about the game. Of basketball but that's really, for me THAT'S where i would say it's been the. Biggest change but everything else obviously they've been together for they WORK together i should say for twelve years in, a row and a lot of the style of play that That coach lynn had he's been able to adapt and, BRING it i guess continued with. This team so not a lot of change other than just JUST like, I said i feel like he's a little, bit more, you know kind, of cool calm and. Collected type have.
Speaker 2: You noticed any, schematic difference?
Speaker 1: You Know and gavin kind of he gave me a little bit of a side EYE when i said you were kind of like the defensive coach For coach. Rob right he took an issue. With that, he's like, Come on i'm the. HEAD coach i do it. All now but and he was very upfront and honest about kicking the tires With coach rob throughout the course of the season to kind of get her take, on things how can he improve this or that. Or whatever and, you, know ultimately whether it's, you Know coach eiler taking Over For craig Smith Or mike pajakian taking Over for Andy. Lug ludwig when a good system is, in place you're not going to try and reinvent. The wheel And coach rob took this program to places that it hasn't been a number. Of years but is there any sort of a different schema approach after the, COACHING.
Speaker 13: Change i would, say no to your questions what you asked him, last week he would say that he necessarily wasn't the. DEFENSIVE coordinator i would say that kind of shifted when they kind of changed their style, of PLAY because i would absolutely say that he was quote the defensive coordinator up until about twenty goodness twenty twenty, twenty one when they made that shift and when they were going to start playing this type. Of basketball so but as far as the way that they're playing now these last, four years the One thing i've noticed is that there's a little bit more mid. Rangecome SHOTS and i mean that in one, Specific Player gianna neepkins is the type of player that can score from. Every facet And what i've seen is that it appears at Least that gavin is more than okay, and allowing especially in Certain Situations gianna neapkins to go one on one and stop and pop in the mid range when it felt like the last three and. Five game, three years in five Games before, lynn left very little times did we ever see anybody take a mid range jump.
Speaker 7: Shot unless it.
Speaker 13: Was desperation but now we're seeing Players. Like giana she's really the only player that's we've noticed that's taking those jump shots on a more. Frequent Basis but gianna will in the in the rhythm of, the offense stop and pop and take a mid range. Jump shot so other, than, THAT schematically i have not seen very many changes, at all both offensively.
Speaker 6: Or defensively and in the.
Speaker 1: Year that jiohn, has had if she wants to take mid range or take threes or whatever you want, to do just let her.
Speaker 2: Do it and she's not new to.
Speaker 1: The program but you know, the Question after alyssa took off with really a special, record setting, you Know so jordan with the utes was who's going to. Step up AND like, i said it's Not like giohn, is new but it feels like she's taken up this like next level of leadership and production because she's been one of the best players in the conference all year long here.
Speaker 13: For you, Absolutely correct she's a Player who there were a couple of instances in the last two Years. WITH alyssa i guess it was a year and eight games before she got hurt to where where she could take over, in games and so we knew that she had this mentality of being able to take over when it. Was necessary ONE game i remember is when you saw two years ago got a big win Over At oregon state in a Game where gianna scored the majority of those fourth. Quarter points and so that's when we Knew that gianna could potentially be that type of person, this year like, you stated she's she's she's taken over and she has had to be that type of player who you give the ball to and she can create, for herself and she has, done that averaging nineteen points. A game but she's done it extremely efficiently, as well and she's one of the only players in the. Entire country, IN fact i can't even think of anybody Other than kennedy McQueen and maybe one other player in the nation who's flirting.
Speaker 6: With a fifty to.
Speaker 13: Forty ninety so being able to, do it but do it at a level of consistency the way she's doing it is. So impressive averaging nineteen points, a game but shooting fifty percent from, the floor forty five percent, from three and it's just a little shy of ninety percent from the free throw. A line so showing she can do it on all three levels is. Super impressive and, you know we're just hoping that after the, season ends whenever that, might be that she decides she wants to come back for her last year.
Speaker 1: Of, Eligibility, yeah junior she can still, come back and she'd probably break every record in the book if. SHE did i wonder what, Your take tyson is on the depth and the ability of this roster to get gone from, the outside because as you look at, the stats they have seven players that have taken at least fifty three, point shots and you know it's a team oftentimes they'll, go, eight nine, you know maybe even sometimes.
Speaker 2: Ten deep but talk about that a.
Speaker 1: Little bit how many Options that gavin has at his disposal and how many players can get gone from.
Speaker 13: The, outside well that's the one thing that has been so impressive this year is that they can rely on players off. The bench you Think Of reese ross as one that comes. To mind obviously you Talked About. Maddy wilkie she obviously hit a huge shot a couple of. Weeks ago both of those players consistently coming off. The bench i'll Start with Reese because reese is a type of player who prototypically she appears as though she is the type to just go and attack, the basket but she is also the player that can step back and knock down a. Three reef on, The season she's one of the players that shot fifty three sixteen to fifty, this year so shown that she can knock down, that three shooting thirty two percent from beyond. The Arc But maddy wilkie is a legit three, point shooter one that we are extremely lucky to.
Speaker 7: Have coming off.
Speaker 13: The bench she this season shooting forty. Three percent one of those other players that's flirting with a fifty forty ninety from beyond. The arc so if YOU have, I mean i've already talked. About it kennedy McQueen is another player that averages fifty. Forty ninety if you have three players that can consistently shoot the way that, you talk and you're going to be able to be in any single game that in any game that you are a, part of and, you know other than a couple of games that we can think of that maybe they just kind of shot themselves out. Of it when you have the ability to knock down shots The way, Utah DOES like, I said i feel like, they're able uh to be in. Any game and this dial of offense that you think back to To win lynn brought it In And gavin peterson has continued To run it's it's an offense that basically requires you to have s take the.
Speaker 7: Outside shot a player that.
Speaker 13: Came in that was not. Doing That maya tore has taken seventy eight three pointers.
Speaker 7: This year she's hit twenty two. Of them before.
Speaker 13: This year her career high in three pointers made and the season. Was twelve so just kind of showing that this is a player who played four Years At rhode island didn't really take a lot of, outside shots but this offense has kind of allowed players that ability to if you can. Shoot it we want you to shoot that shot as much. As possible and it's, been very, very effective and so obviously it's going to be key Tomorrow, against indiana and if we can potentially get that One, over indiana it's going to be extremely important to be able to have that outside shooting if we get paired Up Against south Carolina, on sunday.
Speaker 1: And we'll get we'll get there in. A moment BECAUSE when i saw, the draw, of course my eyes went. Around TWO and i Even got gavin to admit a little bit like you're looking at like it's All. About indiana but if You, beat indiana you run into this Now That don staley. Has built but let me ask you this Question because giohn is. A junior as we, Talked about kennedy's.
Speaker 2: A senior, You know.
Speaker 1: Jenna's senior we've seen a lot of these, players before, and yes the question was with a list had taken off for the pros who would? Step up but of the players that you weren't overly, familiar with who stood?
Speaker 2: Out most he was a pleasant surprise on.
Speaker 13: This roster, For me i've already mentioned her. This year, FOR me i Would Say matti willkie has been a player that consistently has been able to come off the bench and knocked on those. Outside SHOTS so i Would say maddie maybe not necessarily a surprise because we saw glimpses last year to where she could be extremely important down. The stretch but, FOR me i love the way that she. Plays defense he's a very tough. Nosed defender she's somebody that will guard one of the better defenders or of the best offensive Players whenever kennedy's not on, this Floor because kennedy definitely takes that. Role on But if kennedy takes, the seat then it's going To be maddie coming in guarding the best offensive player on the. Opposing team but she has the ability to knock, that out knocked down that, outside shots shooting forty from the floor and forty three percent from the three point line. This year but her ability to as well attack. The basket she's shown glimpses this year to where she can rely on that. As WELL so i, would say just, you know as far as players have really stuck out to me that, you know aren't of those names that, You'd mentioned maddie is really the one that sticks out to.
Speaker 1: Me before we get to tomorrow's matchup and what could. Lie ahead i'm actually just noticing THIS and i wonder what your thoughts are. On IT and i don't know how much is, there there but, you know from a, recruiting perspective we oftentimes, talk, about uh the necessity to get the in, state kids the good players that are, in state and then supplement that with stars from. Other places this team Has two utah players. On It it's alyssa And, it's kennedy and then everyone else is either From the states and they've got international flavor. As well i'm truly just learning this in. Real, time well what what does that? Say about, you know Certainly, coach rob but this program's ability, to find, you know players in places that are somewhat random and and how is that kind of cooked into the way this this thing has Been built.
Speaker 13: That that is such a, great question BECAUSE when i look this OVER and i think about it on a, frequent basis one of the things that sticks out to me IS when i first stepped into this program nine years ago and started, Doing games utah's Pipeline. Was canada canada was was the was the was the hub To where utah was building their. Players around that's altered over the last five years. Or so whereas, right now obviously you Think, of gianna you Think Of. Jenna johnson both come From. From minnesota that north that Kind, of northwest kind of The, THE midwest i, should say has become Huge in utah's ability to be able to recruit those type. Of players obviously we talked about just a Moment Ago. Rhees ross He's From, Rapid City. South dakota you Go down gianna From, D, Luth Minnesota Brook walker's Amando. Over Kansas so utah has done such a nice job of honing in On. The midwest AND when i think, about this you think about next year and just kind of giving a little bit of what to look. Forward to the top recruiting Class in utah women's basketball history comes in, next year and two of them are From. The midwest one of them Is. From texas the One from texas is a five. Star athlete she's going to be the highest rate to recruit in you tell women's. Basketball history and then two, four stars One from oklahoma and One. From illinois there's a Potential and i'm just gonna throwing this out there right now at the potential of maybe adding one More. From oklahoma one just Decommitted, from AUBURN and i know she's good friends with the recruit that's coming In. From oklahoma so it's been fun to See how utah has adapted over. The Years HOW like, i SAID when i, first STARTED when i first started in, the program it Was, all canada and now it seems to Be that midwest where they're really honing in On the midwest and we're seeing absolutely tremendous players come in and make a big difference immediately From.
Speaker 6: The midwest and.
Speaker 13: You just Talked To, gavin peterson he'll and he'll just absolutely ooze over the fact that these recruits that, are leaving or the players are leaving, THIS year i, should say who have completely changed this program to what, it was to what it is now and what continue what it can continue to be in the years.
Speaker 1: To come so let's move over now to what's next and what you've kind of learned in. Your Prep terry morin has Been in indiana for a, decade now and that's the Nine seed utah will. Face tomorrow and when you just kind of scroll up and down Their season they've got some very, impressive wins and you know they've beat some top twenty teams and they NEARLY, upended usc the second best team in the country according to. The polls so what should we know About what indiana does well and how do how do How does utah counteract have to get this?
Speaker 2: Win Tomorrow, TYSON well i would.
Speaker 13: Say that this is a very very similar team in the style of Play that utah likes. To play this is a team that likes to shoot the three, point shot a team that it's. Very active should the three point shot good for third In The big ten, this year eighteenth in. The country so look for them to similarly similarly To what, utah does take that outside shot and connect on a. FREQUENT basis i could imagine that's going to be one of the keys in, tomorrow game is looking to take that three point. Shot away but they again are. Extremely efficient they DO not i, will say they do not rebound the basketball. Very well so if you're looking for a potential Key that utah can potentially, win tomorrow it's win the battle of.
Speaker 4: The.
Speaker 13: Boards oh gavin is very heavy, on that especially. Offensive rebounding when you have the opportunity To after misshoff to put it back up. And end this is a Team in utah that likes to crash, the Glass but indiana is not a very good, rebounding team so that could be an Edge that utah to. Potentially have and really other, than THAT like, i said very similar style of Play. To utah they don't turn the ball over. Very much that might be A difference utah has kind of struggled with in the basketball over, l Lately but indiana does not turn the basketball over. Too often so those are kind of three areas and three, point shot rebounding and then turning over. To basketball it could be keys in tomorrow's Game for utah to potentially come up and get to Win In.
Speaker 1: South carolina so BEFORE we i do have a quick job because you're still doing the, jazz stuff, Aren't? YOU tyson I am, Kiah OKAY so i have a quick jazz question. For it but before we, get there, of course we know That if utah Does, beat indiana they will advance on to play this Juggerna That don staley. Has BUILT and I thought gavin handled it BEAUTIFULLY when i, asked him just talking about what a great experience it would be a, great opportunity would be, a look it would take a shock the. WORLD performance, i mean that's how Good The south carolina. Team is but what are your Thoughts should utah advance two round two to Take On?
Speaker 13: South carolina so earlier today walk down with my partner down to the arena to go grab our. Media credentials we were talking about that exact point to Where if utah does win this, game tomorrow they do have the opportunity to play On a sunday afternoon in front Of The south carolina crowd.
Speaker 7: That would absolutely show up and.
Speaker 13: Show out with it being the last time they get a home game, this season.
Speaker 7: The opportunity would.
Speaker 13: Be, incredible obviously this is a team that has shown so much success over the years as the reigning, national champions a tremendous head Coach In don staley who has taken this program and elevated it to a level of of, absolute excellency and so being able to have that opportunity to potentially go in there and have, AN upset, i mean if you If if utah was to pull off, the upset let's, JUST again i know we're being h we're looking ahead a, Little, bit uh, but if But if utah was potentially go in there pull off, an upset that would be the talk of the entire week in the. National media so it would be an. Incredible opportunity but just to have the chance to be there to see WHAT and i Love what gavin said to you when you talked to him, about that to see what you taught could potentially build, if they, you know follow that type of uh that uh go down that line and Follow What south. Carolina does so what the potential could could be in. WOMEN'S basketball i think that would be. Just incredible and, YOU know, i Obviously like, gavin said we're gonna Look at indiana and we'll look down those lines if we get. That opportunity but just that chance would be so, So INCREDIBLE and I know i would love it from a perspective of just being in the building and seeing these seeing these fans show up and, SHOW out i think it'd.
Speaker 7: Be Amazing, all.
Speaker 1: RIGHT before i set, you loose in addition to you your duties Collegen the utah women's, basketball games you've been how long you've been doing the broadcast statistician stuff Over the jazz, now ties.
Speaker 13: This is my eleventh year With, the jazz ninth Year, with utah eleventh year With.
Speaker 8: The jazz.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 1: That's wild so this is a new experience for all of us that know, the history the rich history and tradition of winning basketball And salt. A can i, it's, tough MAN because i actually think they're doing the.
Speaker 2: RIGHT thing i just think. IT sucks i don't know how to.
Speaker 1: Say it what's it been like for you to observe this and are there some things you've been able to notice that are actually tangible for fans to latch onto even though the winning is just not?
Speaker 13: There yet, MAN more, i mean everybody's gonna, say, it, Right everybody you're going to get the same. Exact answer the what what they want.
Speaker 7: To see more than anything is being able to develop.
Speaker 4: The.
Speaker 13: Youth right everybody's saying those, exact terms which. Is great it really is great.
Speaker 8: To be able to.
Speaker 13: See that but like, you said it sucks at times just to be able.
Speaker 6: To walk into, the gym HAVE this nba game.
Speaker 13: In front of you and know that they're trying to not win. The Game is i'm kind of delicately word that.
Speaker 1: You need to keep.
Speaker 2: YOUR job i don't work.
Speaker 1: There anymore so you. BE careful i want you to keep. Your gig it doesn't move the needle for, me, anymore so.
Speaker 13: You KNOW but i mean like when you see when a couple of, Games ago laurie markten playing the first half, The lead utah leads it, to half and then They pull laurie and doesn't play any entire. Second half they end up losing. THAT game i didn't see what happened In the wizard's game yesterday for them to be able to get. That win but it is one of those things that is clear that we're trying. NEW things, i mean the, big thing that's the big thing that's surprising to me is, seeing how, you know what can, We do what Can the jazz do in the middle of a game to potentially not. Win, it well Let's Put walker kessler in a position to where he set the screen, popped out they play a pick and pop and he shoots a three pointer from. Straight away oh just it just kind of seems a, little odd but you know what. It is although it does, at times like you've eloquently, put, it suck it is going to be interesting to see what they decide to do and how this roster will look in the, upcoming years whatever draft picks they. Might get, either way it is definitely interesting AND can't i can't wait to see what they decide.
Speaker 1: To do whatever, it is, well. Said buddy i'm stun you weren't Locked Into jazz wizards, last Night but i'll give you a pass on. That one, all, RIGHT dude i appreciate. The time have a great.
Speaker 2: Call, Tomorrow. Thanks, tyson okay.
Speaker 7: Thank you we'll talk to it.
Speaker 2: All Right tyson ewing the voice Of the utah women's.
Speaker 1: Basketball Program the utah women are in action coming up tomorrow at eleven Thirty Am. Mountain Time It's. Utah indiana utah's the, Eight seed indiana's the. Nine seed television coverage IS on, espn two but of course you can hear that game on our. Radio Station and tyson joins us today courtesy of our good Friends At. Burt brothers so if you need anything down to, Your Car burt brothers is a one stop shop for everything. You need over thirty years of experience and nearly, Thirty Locations BURT brothers ac certified technicians bring expertise and professionalism into. Every location you one stop shop for reliable repairs, and maintenance from tires and alignments to fluids. And breaks they offer a full range of, automotive services value tire options Such as americas And summ attire starting at xty. Nine dollars stop by one Of Our burt Brothers or tirebusters' locations today your schedule on appointment online to experience the trusted service that Has Made burt Brothers a utah favorite for over. Three Decades burt brothers doing it better since. Day one more information can be found Online At burt brothers. Dot com it has been A very march weather day, to day about forty, two, degrees cloudy little rain earlier out here.
Speaker 2: On the, west side which IS where, i am.
Speaker 1: Not porter, but me the sun is coming out a, little Bit So happy thursday, To You happy march madness. To you thanks for making us a part of your day and it's great to have you along for. The Ride the drive at five today is brought to you by the twenty Twenty five Big Twelve. Gymnastics championship you can watch the best of The, Best saturday march the twenty second At The. Maverick center get your tickets Today At maverick center. Dot Com That's maverick center dot com for the twenty Twenty five Big Twelve. Gymnastics championship we are live today out At The crossroads Bar. And grill the address is fifty Ninety Two South, redwood road right off.
Speaker 2: The freeway it's a very.
Speaker 1: Convenient location they've got, great food they've got a, full bar they've got. Beer cocktails if you're not, a drinker they've got soda and water twenty one. And over so you got to leave the kiddos. At home but if you're looking for a place to watch the late afternoon and evening Till The, march madness our Friends At crossroads bar and grillve got.
Speaker 2: You covered at fifty five Ninety Two South.
Speaker 1: Redwood road we're gonna welcome IN The tv Voice The Utah Jazz Craig bowler jack here coming up during the five.
Speaker 2: O'clock hour bowler called a lot Of Memorable.
Speaker 1: March madness games back when he WAS, with cbs and we're gonna Talk Some. March madness we're gonna talk some college Basketball, with craig and we'll TALK, some byu we'll Talk, some utah we'll Talk Some utah state and then we'll do some fun jazz conversation. As well SPEAKING, of byu they, Advanced today survive. In advance that's the name of the Game in march if you're a college basketball team and bringing. Me on able to ADVANCE past vcu after a pretty, hair start it was eighty to.
Speaker 2: Seventy one that's. Your final it was back, and forth back.
Speaker 1: And forth then with about three minutes left in the, FIRST half byu ran AWAY and vcu kind of made a little bit of a, late charge but never was really all. That close really good Game From, richie saunders who was the most improved player In The big twelve.
Speaker 2: This year richie had. Sixteen points he also had.
Speaker 1: FOUR boards byu did not shoot the, lights out but they were able to, play really really solid defense and do just enough when it came to their free. Throw line they went to the free throw line twenty, eight times a really aggressive. Game plan fustre came off the bench in, nineteen minutes had. Thirteen points he had. Nine boards he also had four. Offensive Rebounds diegor dema got off to a, hot start cooled a little bit, later on but he did have, fifteen points.
Speaker 2: Four boards and. TO assist byu was able.
Speaker 1: TO advance vcu was not really able to do much really during. That run at the end of the first half into the, second Half, zeb jackson who's actually their, sixth MAN led vcu with twenty, three Points but byu advances and they will Take, on wisconsin Who beat montana earlier today eighty five to. SIXTY six i would imagine When the vegas line comes out for, THAT one byu will be A, underdog wisconsin, of course a new coach and a new, offensive Approach As ken pomeroy kind of outline on the. Show yesterday so the late afternoon tilt is going on. Right now we'll get you up today With some. March madness Tennessee leads wafford seventeen. To eight that's a two point fifteen matchup out Of the midwest region in the. First round and then we are just moments away from Tip between Arkansas. And kansas That Is, john calipari That is. Bill Self After kazan kansas tip Off, In providence ballerina Will have Yale AND texas a And m yale, Thirteen SEED texas a AND m a four seed.
Speaker 2: Move Over to Drake. And missouri that's an eleven.
Speaker 1: Six matchup then we move over to the night Tilt, in Providence it's Omaha And. Saint John's It's rick patino and Former You. Davon smith one of kind of the sexy under the radar picks to win the national championship this year is a two seed.
Speaker 2: Out Of The.
Speaker 1: WEST region a five to twelve Matchup is Michigan the big ten champ TAKEN On Uc. San diego that's Also. In denver then at eight Ten ON, TRUE Tv unc wilmington Takes On.
Speaker 2: Texas tech out Of the.
Speaker 1: Big twelve let's get you the up to date finals games that have already. Gone Gone final gonzaga took Care of georgia and it was. Not close eighty nine to. Sixty eight creighton with an, upset earlier the eight seed over the. Nine, SEED guy i should say the nine seed over the eight seed eighty nine to. Seventy five creighton has won a first round matchup in four.
Speaker 2: Straight Years Former.
Speaker 1: Utah state Point Guard steve ashworth had a really really good game. For them i'll, BE honest i did Not Know stephen ashworth was still in. COLLEGE basketball i think he's like TWENTY eight i think he has like a four year.
Speaker 2: Old son but they were able to get. That done your five to.
Speaker 1: Twelve matchup as far as the upset is in, the books McNeice ran out to a thirty one to thirteen Lead over clemson and then they barely hung on for a sixty nine sixty. Seven win purdue had a pesky high, point team but they were able to beat them seventy five to.
Speaker 2: Sixty three that's a four to.
Speaker 1: Thirteen MATCHUP as, I referenced Wisconsin smoked montana eighty five to, Sixty six auburn no Problems With alabama state eighty three to, sixty three And then houston pretty MUCH Embarrassed. Siu edwardsville that is a one sixteen matchup then in seventy eight, to forty and honestly it was not. That close later, on tonight seven, Twenty Five mountain TIME, On Tnt utah state will TAKE. On Ucla utah state is at five point five. Point underdog that game is taking Place At rupp Arena, In. Lexington kentucky so the Madness of march continues and we have our. Bracket challenge hopefully you guys are playing along and porter do you have the leaderboard up FOR the espn seven hundred crew on the bracket.
Speaker 2: Challenge side have you been able to check that and pull it up? Just yet.
Speaker 3: NOT recently I know i'm not doing doing too hot so far though.
Speaker 1: It's early yeah, it is but let me just refresh this. Real quick, first, place huh let's, see me no. Big deal i'm Tied With Cavon. KEEVON motiz i Didn't know kavon was still allowed to fill out a bracket because he. Ditched us but it's Me, And caveon and How About jeff schwartz football guy in, First Place sarah todd from The d news And Second, James Peterson, Gordy Chase, porter Larson And. Scott mitchell alonzo is in last place and that.
Speaker 2: Feels right oc is.
Speaker 1: Also tied so it is, very Early but i'll take the early lead with, seven points but we're all behind the, actual leaders which is most of. Our listeners we have five listeners with eight points, right now so you can LOG onto espn seven hundred sports dot com to. Follow along And as, porter referenced it is EARLY and i will not stay in the LEAD because I had louisville Advancing past creighton and Then, beating Auburn and louisville Lost to creighton. Earlier today so, of course it is the Madness, of march and we've talked a Lot of march madness on. The Program The utah jazz welcome In The. Washington wizards Last Night tanka palooza two thousand and twenty five went the way Of the wizards Because the jazz won one twenty eight to.
Speaker 2: One Twelve the.
Speaker 1: Jazz will welcome In The World Champs boston celtics coming up tomorrow night At The. Delta center just so, you know so a busy night of pro basketball tonight does not Include The. Utah Jazz andy larson hoped on the program. Earlier today if you missed, that conversation log onto our podcast page of.
Speaker 2: The website we talked a lot, about prospects.
Speaker 1: A lot about some of these young players, that, you guys If you're, jazz fans you can watch IN the.
Speaker 2: Ncaa tournament if you're.
Speaker 1: Wondering exactly Why the jazz are, doing this you should Check, out duke, of course and if things go the, Right way duke could advance in the second round to Take on Baylor and if that's, The case duke will take Take On Mount saint mary's tomorrow And Then Baylor mississippi state will take place tomorrow. As Well if Baylor and, duke advance you Will See cooper FLAG And vj edgecombe on the. Same, FLOOR now vj is to be thought to be a top. Four prospect the problem is the other prospects in the top Four Are ace Bailey And, dylan Harper and rutgers didn't even make it out of the first round of their, conference tournament so they. Go home, but Yes The March badness tournament is oftentimes a OPPORTUNITY for nba fans to watch some prospects to, you know give you a little bit of encouragement as to why your team might be in, a rebuild And the jazz certainly are in.
Speaker 2: A rebuild rsl will TAKE On fc dallas coming Up.
Speaker 1: On saturday back At, The, RIOT yes i still call It.
Speaker 2: The riot got Up.
Speaker 1: With pablo macechaoni. Earlier today some interesting stuff for ourself fans if you. Missed it pablo's surmise that there are two players that they have spoken to over the past, you know number of days that he believes they'll get basically past the dotted line prior To that april thirtieth. Trade deadline, Excuse me april thirtieth transfer window is what they call it in, professional soccer and we're told that a nine could be on the way and another winger. AS well rsl this weekend will Be Without, diego luna who is WITH the us men's, national team and the men's national team is actually playing. Right now they just got gooling IN a i believe It's The, league's Cup THE Conka Caff nations league to way too, many, Cups man i'm just over all the cups.
Speaker 2: In soccer too.
Speaker 1: Many cups But The nations league is going on tonight AND it's Us. And panama this is kind of a BIG Game, us, panama right they kind of. Need it it's not a. Big Game andy larson is. Still here he's our. Soccer expert so it's just an opportunity to Hopefully watch diego, play, Tonight Right diego LUNA So us panama on the, thirteenth minute and then later on it's To be Canada. And mexico Dominic mark zuk is Also with poland For Their world, cup qualification so he is not going to be with the team coming Up on, saturday EITHER so rsl hoping to continue their winning ways after grabbing a win on the Road against houston and then that came off the heels of a Lost Against. San diego but prior, to that the home OPENER and mls play went rosales Way as seattle just can't win. Down here it's kind of a, weird thing but a lot going on. Right now Big Twelve pro Day for utah. Football Players caleb loner running a four, six forty which is noteworthy because he has never trained really for the forty as a basketball player who just started playing football. This year caleb's a big body. KID man i wouldn't be surprised if somebody takes a shot. Out him all four of his catches for the utes this year and it, in touchdowns had four touchdowns at the, Goal line so a little bit of. College football kind of a quiet time of course, right now and both pro and. College football but if any of the results come through With the Big Twelve pro day featuring a number of, different utes, of course stay tuned for all of our.
Speaker 2: Social channels we'll bring those.
Speaker 1: To You, deebo samuel his contract was redone By, the commanders and he now has a cool seventeen million guaranteed money coming. His way so a little bit of fell off, season news but mostly it's been quiet and.
Speaker 2: A lot of college in pro basketball on the.
Speaker 1: Program today, all right we are live Today At crossroads Bar and grill fifty five Ninety Two South redwood road is where you find us if you're looking to watch the evening tilt Of The MARCH Madness. Ncaa tournament this is a great place to. Do that great, food menu full bar with cocktails, and beer and obviously if you, don't drink they've got you taken care of with mocktails or.
Speaker 2: Water soda leave the.
Speaker 1: Kids home this is twenty one and over only vital segment of the show today has brought to you by my good Friends With, prize fix which is the best place to get a real money. Sports action with over ten million members and billions of dollars in award, And Winnings prize picks has made daily fantasy sports accessible. To all you just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one thousand times. Or cash you can run your game all season Long On. Prize picks it's. Really easy it's it's actually. Ridiculously simple if you've ever been curious to get into the world of putting a couple of ducats. On sports you don't have to worry about some of the terms that, you hear and you're, probably like what does that? Even mean spread over, Under whatever you throw all that out.
Speaker 2: The window what this is you pick two.
Speaker 1: Players, stat projections and if you get the stat, projections right you actually win a thousand times.
Speaker 2: Your cash you can, at least so you pick more OR less i.
Speaker 1: Give you, for instance Tomorrow the celtics are in town to take On The Jazz jalen brown more or less than probably round eighteen point, Five Points walker castler more or less than two point, Five.
Speaker 2: Blocks so you pick more or less on those. Two projections you get, it right and you can win a bunch. Of cash and here's.
Speaker 1: The deal they're giving away free money as a result of being a client on, the show so you might as well go grab that and then see if you enjoy it and go. From there so Download The prize picks, app today use the PROMO code espn seven hundred to. Check out you get fifty dollars when you play that first five. Dollars bet do you not even have to win the five dollars bet to get The fifty it, Is free so Download That prize picks app today and use the PROMO code espn seven hundred to get the free money and good Friends At, prize picks where you can run your game all season long in case you missed.
Speaker 2: IT earlier byu.
Speaker 1: Was able to ADVANCE past vcu behind a pretty, balanced attack and it was a run at the end of the first half then into the start of the.
Speaker 2: Second THAT allowed byu to.
Speaker 1: Pull away when this, game started the line had moved, down again so the line moved three times and every time the line moved it WENT. Towards vcu prior. To tip it SETTLED at byu minus one. Point Five so vegas thought this would be a, nail bier and it was, early ON, but byu on two, separate occasions just went on this really really good run where they were able to get out in transition and knock down a. Few Threes jegor demon got them started and then kind, of cooled but he had a really good, first half finished with fifteen points and. Four Boards richie saunders was kind of a conduit in the second half with the aggressive drives to. The bucket he had, sixteen points four rebounds to assist. TWO steals byu was only seven of twenty from the three. Point line now that's not a bad personage thirty five is in. That bat i'm just surprised they didn't get more than twenty. Threes off trevinnell knocked down a couple. Of Threes dawson baker, came in had some. Good minutes foustrerion only, nineteen minutes had, thirteen points, nine rebounds and four of those. WERE offensive byu with fourteen offensive rebounds and now rebounded the team that on paper is a lot bigger than.
Speaker 2: THEY are byu had forty REBOUNDS and vcu had.
Speaker 1: THIRTY one vc who has three six ten dudes in their LINEUP leading vcu With zeb jackson is actually their. Sixth man he had twenty. Three points he was five to ten, from three nine to fourteen from. The floor AND now byu advances into the round of thirty two where they're going to Take, on wisconsin Who beat montana earlier today eighty five to sixty. Sixty six coming up at about an hour and twenty five. Minutes form, right Now It's utah. States turn they Are At rupp Arena, In, lexington kentucky where they're going to take ON The ucla Bruins And utah state as of, right now.
Speaker 2: A five point five point underdog.
Speaker 1: Against mccronin, Excuse ME Ucla ucla bruins at a very historic venue in the world of. College basketball so b why you get to? The win So Hope utah state can. Follow suits as far as some of the notable Games From march, madness today some. Earlier results gonzaga Ran By georgia creighton for the fourth, straight tournament wins a first round Game Behind, steven Ashworth Former utah state. Point guard They beat louisville eighty nine to. Seventy five we already Have the evergreen five to. Twelve upset is McNeice jumped out to a thirty one to thirteen Lead, over clemson then held on sixty nine to. Sixty seven all of the one seeds that have played so far. Have won Auburn Beat, Bama state houston RAN By, siu edwardsville and The night.
Speaker 2: Action getting ready to get gone.
Speaker 1: Coming up so if you're looking for a place to watch, THESE games i would encourage you to come Out To crossroads Bar and grill at fifty five Ninety Two South. Redwood Road crossroads Bar, and grill fifty five Ninety Two South redwood road on the, west side where A porter i am amongst my people while you're once again in your cushy studios in Downtown. Salt lake because you couldn't DO what i do on a daily basis.
Speaker 3: OUT here i must just be clear that the address here Is, fifty west so technically on the.
Speaker 2: West, side yeah but aren't You on broadway On? Third south that's? Right, downtown yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: It is but those are my people out. THERE too i, don't, Know man i'm a man of all.
Speaker 2: THE people i don't know that.
Speaker 1: YOU are i think this is a job THAT only I could i could hold down on the. West Side andy larson rolled in live. On site now that the tournament, has started we can reveal our final four for the. STATION bracket I believe i think that's that's completely. In bound so do, you remember off the top of, your, head porter who you picked to you to make the?
Speaker 6: Final?
Speaker 3: FOUR yeah i actually went along the same Routes as andy and a lot of our are listeners here with my thoughts on the top four teams in, The country spence kind of being on a, different tier a. DIFFERENT level i always pride myself on picking upsets, and whatnot and THIS year i just couldn't bring myself to do a lot, of that just because it's how it felt like college basketball is looking, this year and to, BE honest i unfortunately think that's kind of what college basketball looks like in the future as the nil era AND the tv money really take over. The SPORT but i do have the top four seeds making my. FINAL four I just i didn't look not only at the route that, they HAD but i looked at the matchups that they would potentially come up with on their. ROUTE there i did not see A team SPENCE that i felt confident beating any one of. Those four knowing that that's not, really likely that's still THE way.
Speaker 1: I went so you have all four one Seeds like andy in the, FINAL four.
Speaker 3: I do i. DO now i picked, HIGH point i picked a few upsets here, and there, but yeah when it came down to, the contenders those are the TEAMS that i. Am confident.
Speaker 2: All, right there.
Speaker 1: YOU go I, Have Duke, Michigan State, texas Tech. And houston so it's Not like i'm going out on a. Limb either i've got two to, one seeds a, two seed and a.
Speaker 2: Three seed but it is a. Fun.
Speaker 1: Tournament man it is, a really really exciting time. Of year so of local, interest tonight it Isn't Just utah state TAKING. On Ucla The Utah hockey club is also in. Action now it is going to be tough for them to advance to the wild card In The stanley cup playoffs. This year but if they're going to tonight is an absolute. Must win buffalo is. Not good they're In saut lake At The, delta center And So Utah hockey club has, to win not just get, the win but win. In regulation this cannot go to overtime because time is running out and obviously, tomorrow morning don't forget set those alarms eleven thirty am. Mountain, time well if you have to set an alarm for eleven thirty am, mountain time then we might need to have conversation about your.
Speaker 2: Personal Habits but i'm.
Speaker 1: Not Judging The utah women are gonna Take on indiana coming up here on the station television coverage will BE on. Espn two, and then of course another Day Of march Madness The, thursday friday the first Weekend Of, march madness two of my favorite days of, The year so stay tuned, for that, All, Right porter before we bounce and get out, of here what comes Our way On a friday edition of, the show back in, the studio back.
Speaker 3: On a friday Here Downtown Salt, lake city we'll be Recapping The march madness action, so far including Hopefully a utah women's. Basketball win they'll be on air just before we Are on. Friday Afternoon howard beck will stop by, the program TALKS some nba talks of. College basketball We'll Get gordon monson on. The program we're splitting Up The big hour On A thursday friday edition this. Time around dave mcminnimon stops by. The Program paul pogmyer Will get we'll give YOU The U into golf leader board update about halfway through, the show and then we'll probably check in with our guys. Down south we'll see if a Particular former, sweet SIXTEEN former Nba Former shanghai shark text. Me back if, he doesn't then we'll we'll go Down the rollodex in our.
Speaker 1: Other day, you guys somebody just lit a cigarette and it's coming through, the window.
Speaker 2: So let's get out. Of here but a fun.
Speaker 1: Show today special thank you to these people out Here At crossroads Bar, and grill and special thank you Today To, Craig Bowler Jack, Pablo, Master Money, Andy Larson tyson ewing and our good friends Over at Handy and handy for. This on you may have missed a couple. Of options WEBSITE is espn seven hundred sports. Dot com make sure to download our, Mobile App take us On. The go it's available for free In The app store And The Google. Play store, and, then finally for what we do in our space every single afternoon for four hours podcast page Called the drive was.
Speaker 2: Fenced ck it's available wherever you get.
Speaker 1: Your, shows subscribe, rate reviews say nice things in, the comments and give us all. The stars you will be eternally Blessed, for cynthia who's not, feeling great but she did great. Work today importer back in, The Studio andy larson live. On side appreciate that my Name, is spence check it saying, to Night enjoy. Thursday evening we'll talk to you On a. Friday drive get your weekend started out the, right way right HERE on espn, Seven hundreds madness