Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, come on, here we go, Here we go, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Yeah, running, yes, sir, here we go.
Speaker 1: Wakey, wakey, hands off, snakey, Rob Ryan Show checking in Free Beer Friday. We've got beer for you every single hour straight up. At six, seven, eight, and nine. Oscar going for win number three, Fresh out of Bed, heads ahead form a fresh fish Guy only used four questions in two games. Bush, Jerry Cantrell solo Asylum tickets coming on your fun Fact Flashback, Cole Wetzel one Sleep and so Cole Wetzel plays Woodlands tomorrow night. We'll have tickets for you at seven twenty The Suburbs Summer, said Lark Richmond takes on Humble at eight twenty this morning, Open Phones Friday. The last hour, the last thing we'd give away to you will be Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary tickets and more. Rain today and rain throughout the weekend. So I imagine we'll be talking about that quite a bit. Let's get right after a good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning Rod, good morning home room. So I don't know if you guys, heard, but Centerpoint issued a public apology yesterday because of its response to Hurricane Beryl. Now it does coincide, the apology coincides with Centerpoint being investigated by the Public Utility Commission. It left more than yeah center Points response to the storm left more than two million customers in the dark. Some of us did not get our power back for more than a week and the heat was dangerous at the time. Right now, Centerpoint executives are required to provide answers to Governor Greg Abbott. They want those answers by the end of next week. So that's the latest gossip, the latest tea. Meanwhile, the opening ceremony for the Summer Games will be this afternoon in Paris. But the bad news is French officials say the National Train Service has been targeted by several malicious acts ahead of the Paris Olympics. So this morning the French rail off officials said arson attacks tried to paralyze their like their train network, they have this high speed rail system. The rail service said up to eight hundred thousand passengers were impacted by this massive attack and now they're being asked to postpone some trips. Okay, let's talk about the good news of the Olympics. Alex will have some deeds because there's already some events going on. But does anyone remember when gymnast Ali Raisman's parents became a meme because they were intensely watching her perform on the Olympics. Totally a meme, right, Well, NBC took notice of that, Alex, and they're adding a new feature. They'll be putting heart rate monitors on some of the comparve competitor's parents and showing the results on screen as they watched their child take on the biggest challenge of their sports careers. So yeah, it's just another layer of drama to follow outside of the actual competition. Imagine being so talented that you had to teach yourself to sing badly. That's exactly what Lady Gaga had to do for her role in the New Joker movie. Gaga wanted to remain true to her character, Harley Lee Quinn, who is not a trained singer and go goes like exlaying She's like, look when I breathe on stage, I have a very controlled way to make sure I'm pitch, I'm at the right rhythm. But Lee would never know how to do any of that because she's, you know, like in a mental institution. Anyway. Joker Foliado hits theater's October fourth. In just over a month, Interscope Records is dropping YouTube's Zoo TV Live in Dublin nineteen ninety three EP. Why is that significant because this specific show has been available bootleg version for years, but this is the first time it'll be available as an official release. It includes five tracks for one of their open one of two open air performances by You two in Dublin, which is basically their hometown show. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it out.
Speaker 3: Let's let you two in the sphere, all right, give.
Speaker 1: Me that it was great. Astros are back at home tonight.
Speaker 4: They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Dodgers at Minute Made Park. Framber valdezib on the mound for this Drows going up against LA's Gavin Stone first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In the Olympics, the US women's soccer team kicked off Olympic action yesterday with a three to zero win over Zambia. The US men's rugby team lost to Uruguay and Australia, so they are eliminated from Olympic competition. The majority of the events are going to begin tomorrow, including my girl, Katie Leadecki. She's going to be competing in the women's four hundred meter freestyle.
Speaker 1: So clean up this this Olympics. Just wait.
Speaker 4: Olympic opening ceremonies are today, Like Tessa said, you can watch them live at eleven this morning on NBC, and they're also going to air an encore performance tonight in primetime at six thirty.
Speaker 1: In soccer, you're gonna be back in action tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: They're kicking off the League's Cup against Atlas from the Mexican League. That'll kick off at seven o'clock and you can watch it on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: That what's going on in spots? All right, guys, four hours of pain. First phone call is going to be our first beer winner. We are going to be insanely busy before we send you off to this what's looking like a pretty wet weekend. Geez, enough with this, all right, do.
Speaker 5: You want beer?
Speaker 1: Come get it? The most interacting show on the radio. Stuff, let's go, let's go, let's do this. We promised to bear we will get.
Speaker 6: You Bearam Fridaydayday.
Speaker 7: He got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday Friday Day Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 8: You're morning mister r Yeah, no way, I believe it.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it.
Speaker 9: Hell yeah, Robbie, Robbie, Hell yeah, Robbie, I feel like you just won here.
Speaker 1: When when did we talk to you last week? Had you on recently? Maybe open phones?
Speaker 10: Huh?
Speaker 1: Okay? When was the last time you won beer from us?
Speaker 8: It was the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, defin believe this year.
Speaker 1: This ties in for the lead because remember, didn't somebody just pass him?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't believe all that crap. I never heard the dude before, and all of a sudden, now he won fifteen time.
Speaker 1: Robbie, I walk fifteen now.
Speaker 3: I was talking about your ass during host chat on Houston Life yesterday, Derek and I were talking about how we used to call the radio station over and over. I go, we have this one crazy caller who has won beer from the Rod Ryan Show. He's collared ten and here you are and here you are fifteen times fifty.
Speaker 8: And I missed that yesterday because I was out doing an interview for a job.
Speaker 1: Damn, don't get that job.
Speaker 3: That's more important.
Speaker 1: I knew you've been looking for a job. All right. Well listen, Robbie, this is beer win number fifteen, twenty years fifteen beer wins.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but see I've also been not able to play for several jobs I've been on where you can't even take a phone in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's more important.
Speaker 3: But you like, if winning beer were a job, you would be a full time all right, my bra help you to that, all right?
Speaker 1: Representing Dayton, Texas. There's my man, Robbie, fifteen time beer winner call number ten shutting off today. All right, well listen, it's a sign of great things to come today on the show. I know this to be true. When Robbie starts off the show, it's always been just the show has been nails. Oscar's going for win number three fresh out of BD Head to Head Bush Jerry cantrellt tickets on Your Fun Fact Flashback, Open Phones, The Last Hour, Summer Sissler at eight twenty Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary tickets on Know the Show. Come on, It's going to be an insane show. Today, US Rock and Altan very use The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 11: I'm six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five the bus, Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday. Robbie caller number ten scores his fifteenth all time Free Beer Friday. Today we got a forty percent chance of showers, high of eighty four Saturday, eighty percent chance of rain Sunday, fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms not hitting the nineties. I mean, that's the upside, keeping it a little cooler out there. Tessa has Houston's Headlines.
Speaker 3: Actress Gina Carano's Disney lawsuit is a step closer to going to trial. She sued for wrongful termination and discrimination wherever she was fired from the Mandalorian. This was way back in twenty twenty one, but she was putting up social media posts about COVID and gender identity the presidential election outcome, and a Los Angeles federal judge ruled that the company Disney failed to defend its actions against Coronto's First Amendment rights. So she's that lawsuit is backed by billionaire Elon Musk, and it's a step closer to going to trial. So I want to give you an update on that. Also, remember that viral TikTok challenge where Chipotle they would say, like, hold your camera up to make sure you're getting bigger portions. Well, it started trending and the video got over two million use. The CEO has addressed that and says they are training and coaching their employees to make sure they are consistently making bowls and burritos correctly, like giving customers bigger portions. So I mean, silly or not? I thought that challenge was ridiculous, but it apparently got the CEO to address it, so maybe not so ridiculous. And then in political views, I didn't think this was important enough to put in headlines. But Baraka Michelle Obama are endorsing Kamala Harris. You know, we're all kind of about the Olympics today. Really right, if you go on Google trending in the ex this is a very big deal. The former President and former first Lady released video this morning saying that they are proud to endorse her. So this was trending on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: You're gonna do it? God, geez, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Please make that announcement soon.
Speaker 1: Everyone is waiting, Uh, seven twenty. I'll have a big announcement on the show today.
Speaker 7: No, I won't.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 12: I'll just still getting your term.
Speaker 13: I am your fresh out of bed head to hit two day champions.
Speaker 1: Sorry, no one pump jump here.
Speaker 7: Matter of fact, my only.
Speaker 12: First two games, I've only used four questions.
Speaker 13: Join me on three Beer Friday when I make you win win number three day seven.
Speaker 1: One three two one two five nine four five. I am endorsing Oscar here if you think you can beat him. He's only used four questions in two days seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 14: It's Ron Ryan's three Beer Friday.
Speaker 1: You got on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show falls rod Ryan Show on this free beer Friday. Fanny Friday is the feature today on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. And uh, thank you to Katrina or noticing my shirt today? I haven't.
Speaker 3: I can't see it.
Speaker 1: She's watching us, she's watching us on Facebook. One Boom got the new merch rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary shirt on today. My merch finally came in. Yours is everyone else?
Speaker 15: That ordered.
Speaker 1: It's on the way. Yeah, the shirt is awesome. This is the number one I'm wearing the number one selling shirt in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you like it?
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. I like the fit, I like the actual shirt. It's not a cheap shirt. It's a nice T shirt. I don't know how else to explain it. Just not like a cheap o T shirt, one of those like free ones you get like at a at a at a place. This is a nice shirt out of a T shirt launcher. Nice shirt and this low go is killer. It means a lot to me because we've kept this thing alive for twenty years. So twenty year anniversary merchandise available in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I'm sorry I'm the only one modeling it, but don't face it on me. Look at the pro models on our website. Go to the store. Some of you are getting paid today, A lot of you are getting paid today. If I can have some of that money for buying backpacks, that would be great.
Speaker 8: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Oscar, Yes sure, yes, sir, good morning fairy. You've been fun to me. You've been very, very fun, using only two questions each day, going for win number three today, former fresh fish. Are you Randon ready to go for here? Yes, sir, I'm ready to go. Stay all right, you're taking on other John. Good morning, Good morning John. You've been in that Hall of fame how many times? A good time, two time hall of famer, and I think most people know Other John is kind of the curator of all things fresh out of bed, heads ahead, kind of the curator of homeroom. For stat guy, you probably have some sort of probability already worked out of your chances to beat Oscar, who is a former fresh fish. What is the probability of you winning today?
Speaker 16: Well, I mean if it's straight up or fresh fish, they only went about seven percent of the time. But now after two wins, under revolts a little different. And Oscar is four questions, four answers on four questions, no answers this year, So.
Speaker 17: Wow, Okay, uttered John's uder.
Speaker 1: John's good too, so I've heard him playing for so he is good. He is good. Don't be don't be fooled by his meek demeanor. Okay, there's a killer underneath there.
Speaker 3: One of these guys will have a speech, will either have a speech with busy atches or like no no bitches right, Like that's true. That's what we get.
Speaker 1: Here we go. What are they playing for?
Speaker 3: Oh, I've got a pair of tickets to see Stone Temple Pilots with live and Soulicide.
Speaker 1: Okay, John, do you go to any of these concerts? When you win games like you win tickets? Do you even go to these things?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 16: For twelve on that front.
Speaker 3: There wins tickets, never goes, he gives them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he just wants to play. All right, Here we go. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. He's too busy stating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got a big night of stating, Oscar.
Speaker 1: John, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What do you call the place where bodies are buried with headstone? John? You guys both got John John cemetery. Cemetery is correct.
Speaker 3: Very close. Yeah, by a literal hair, it was, Joskar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're right on that, all right. John Oscar doesn't know doesn't know what to do with his hands right now, Like I've always gotten in first I've always answered. Okay, hey, Oscar, your first chance to show us how you come from behind? Question number Question number two John and Oscar. What garnish is used in a dirty martini? John? John's a killer today? John?
Speaker 16: Oh my god, I don't drink.
Speaker 1: Other John in three two men men, I love you so much, Oscar. Oscar, you have an opportunity here. He smoked you on that question, but he did not get it right. Oscar, what garnish is used in a dirty martini? That'll be a limit a limit twist? Yeah, you change dirty martini's and olives?
Speaker 3: Guys, olives, those are a dirty one.
Speaker 1: X marks the spot. Nobody got that one.
Speaker 3: It's all right, you guys are very whole him for not knowing.
Speaker 1: Fresh Oscar. Other John. Next question, what is it called when you strike something? Okay, Oscar? Laye is lane? Is d and b out there? What's your answer?
Speaker 11: Light?
Speaker 1: When you you you light it? Is it your answer?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where he was going, but now you're crazy Dutch bastard.
Speaker 1: Other John? What is it called when you strike something with your foot or get rid of a habit?
Speaker 17: Kicked?
Speaker 1: Did he just say kicked? He did kick you kick it, you kick kick kicking kicked. Oscar didn't take a shot there. I respect guy.
Speaker 7: He did.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 1: Now he's just the other Oscar.
Speaker 3: You played great, you were fun.
Speaker 1: You were fun this week.
Speaker 13: Dude, you're gonna play Thank you you You gotta say it was.
Speaker 1: It's been a pleasure playing, man.
Speaker 18: I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Oh can I make a quick shout out? Real quick?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 18: Why not?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 20: I want to shout out my wife.
Speaker 21: She's six, I mean twelve weeks pregnant.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to tell.
Speaker 15: Her I love you.
Speaker 12: I love you, Linda, and and she's.
Speaker 17: Having our third kids, so just and and I love y'all man for having me on the show.
Speaker 1: Its Linda, Linda's he able to have a third kid. Not a third victory.
Speaker 3: What's the matter? You're winning, It will be determined.
Speaker 1: You're winning at life. Oscar. Thank you? Thank you man?
Speaker 21: All right, kay say bless man.
Speaker 3: We love you.
Speaker 20: Other John, thank you.
Speaker 16: Hopefully I get to a third victory instead of a third kid on Juesday.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 1: All right, Other John, you have a wonderful alcohol free weekend, and I need to get a victory's speech out of you.
Speaker 12: So hang on.
Speaker 1: For me two time Hall of Fame or other John back in our lives, we'll hear from him. I've got fun facts for you and now using from Highly Suspect ninety four or five The Buzz by the Buzz, Good morning Rod Ryan's show. I don't know what's going on with those guys. I mean, I know what's going on with those guys Highly Suspect, but they're not launching like a big, huge tour. They're doing a very small tour where they are playing this entire brand new album of theirs. And the guy that introduced me to Highly Suspect is Mundo, who listens to this show and Raymundo came to me a long time ago, handed me a CD and said, you got to listen to these guys, and man, he nailed it. He was as he was absolutely right. It's like he discovered that band. He loves him so much that he went on I don't know, maybe like an eighteen hour trip in and out, no luggage, no carry on, no nothing. He went to another state to go see them play to Memphis this week. Memphis, Okay, yeah, I think I'm Wednesday. And he came back late or early in the morning. He didn't. He slept at the airport for a couple of hours. I think that's five o'clock flight.
Speaker 4: Ye saw them went at a partied a little bit after, went to the airport.
Speaker 1: And flew back in and out, in and out.
Speaker 3: I said, this is a nine hour drive. That's wild.
Speaker 1: He's he ble.
Speaker 3: He had like a three day vacation fit into.
Speaker 1: Like eighteen hours. All right, we got a forty percent chance of showers here today, Tomorrow eighty percent chance of rain and thunder high of eighty one Sunday fifty percent chance. Other John is back at This is the first time he's ever done the victory speech all on his own, A fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 14: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody's Other John.
Speaker 16: You're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. Congratulations, offer on your third child. Glad it's not me in Jeremy on milk Monday, and I hope to make it win number two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, bees, no, nothing, he's in and out with all of that stuff. All right, guys, you know I've got Bush Jerry Cantrell sol Asylum tickets on the chopping block. But first it's.
Speaker 3: The fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart and funny. Every buddies, it's the fuck that to the day. Julie heads up. I don't see Hall anywhere, all right, I got the thumbs up. All right, Here comes some fun facts for you today. The Atlanta Falcons drafted this man in the seventeenth round of the nineteen seventy two NFL Draft. The dude was sixty four years old at the time and his name was John Wayne. I guess you could just draft anybody you want.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, they drafted John Wayne. Like I said, seventeenth round, nineteen seventy two. Wayne is sixty four. They wanted to symbolize that they valued men that were tough. The league vetoed the pics. No fun. The Falcons have always been a little nutty. Remember was it Jerry Glanville that used to leave tickets for Elvis at the front? I think so. Yeah, Glanville, he was a wild dude.
Speaker 15: Really.
Speaker 1: He was the one that got them to change the colors to black. It was the dion That was the Neon dion era, and that was bad Moon Rising. The Falcons were fun back then.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 1: Junior Minx and Junior Mints and Andy's Mints, probably thinking their fierce competitors, they must hate each other. Nope, owned by the same company, Tusie Roll Industries owns them both.
Speaker 10: That is.
Speaker 1: And is the father of the Oh yeah, it seems like that because Junior sure and is a chocolate. Yeah, Andy's Candies the green Yeah, they coming the green filicious delicious green foil. You're at a fancy place that those if those are out. Finally, there are lefty and righty snails and yeah snails, they're crazy. There are lefty and there are righty snails and they can't mate with each other because their little snail genitalia won't line up. That's neat. They just keep bumping into each other and they can't fit. It's the fun.
Speaker 14: Back to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart in front of your body.
Speaker 14: It's the back to the day.
Speaker 1: Was Rock Ryan talking about snails having sex this morning on All Right Science? He sure was talking about snail mounting. What you giving a win?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets. See bush with Jerry Cantrell and candlebox.
Speaker 1: What snail? Where do you think little snails come from?
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby snails.
Speaker 1: And they just builds them in a lab righty righty snails doing it and lefty lefty snails doing it. Here's your fun fact flashback to win those tickets? Where what was the inventor of the children's ball pit looking at when he got the idea for it? He thought, boy, I wonder it would be like to crawl around in those What was he looking at? Seven? One, three, two and two five nine four five?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 1: Time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash there he is. He's like, oh hey, everybody, Oh wait a minute, there's a Why is that other John? His other John now doing our rockout with your stockout? I don't think so? Okay, there's Hall right there. Hi, Hell brother Rod, good morning there you go. Good morning to you. How'd you do on Wall Street yesterday? Bro? It was a mixed stay on Wall Street.
Speaker 23: The daw was up eighty one points kickoff this morning at thirty nine thousand and nine thirty five, NASTAC down one hundred and sixty to seventeen one hundred and eighty one. Benchmark ten year treasury that stands at a four point two three percent and oil is it seventy seven dollars and ninety seven cents barrel to the most actives, the big studs IBM, Salesforce and Caterpillar, the big DUTs Honeywell, Microsoft, and Intel. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on personal income also personal spending for June. Right now futures, Hey, they're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a positive opening right here on Wall Street that I'm in here. This is Halan Manager director with Raymon James, pulled it for the right Ron show from Raymony James on saying flu and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 11: Bamian's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates than come Ember, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio.
Speaker 3: Or at sponsors.
Speaker 11: Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to area. This programs are educational and informational services on the stones of dots are based on movement.
Speaker 1: As reported by Young twenty four five, The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: It's your.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, well, Hello, who's this sorry, j Sergio, Welcome to the fun fact slash back the of this well, I said, I think, I asked. The inventor of the children's ballpit got the idea when he was looking at this What was he looking at? You're looking at jar of olives. I'm sitting on the bar, Dude, You're so close. You're so close. Not olives? What else was floating around? Please? Get it right. I want to give you these tickets, something like that I give you. I'll give you. Come on, shoot me one more round, little thing that might be sitting pickled go three two one. I really want you away. No, I can't give that to you, Bro, I can't give that to you. Good morning, good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Turned down that radio. Good morning hello, Hello, yeah, turn down your radio.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 1: What's your name? Jerry? It's always when I'm so late. It's always when I'm completely late in the hour. The inventor of the children's ballpit got the idea for it when he was looking at this onion pickled on you, Yes, yes, pickled onions were floating in a jar at the bar. He thought about what it would be like to crawl through them. Then there we have the ballpit. Dude, Congratulations Bush, Jerry Cantrell soul asylum. Those tickets are yours.
Speaker 5: I'm feel curiously on time beyond speeds.
Speaker 1: That's perfect because I don't have time. Chance of showers high of eighty four. One of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Center Point has issued it a public apology yesterday because of its response to Hurricane Beryl. Now it does coincide. This apology does coincide with the company being investigated by the Public Utility Commission. Centerpoint's response to the storm is in question. It left more than two million customers in the dark. Some of us didn't get our power back from more than a weak and dangerous heat. Centerpoint executives are required to provide answers to Governor Greg Abbott by next week. French officials say the National train service has been targeted by several malicious acts ahead of the Paris Olympics. This morning, a French rail official said arsenal aimed at paralyzing the high speed line network, force a number of trains to be canceled. The rail service set up to eight hundred thousand passengers were impacted. By the massive attack and are now being asked to postpone trips. Imagine you go, you fly, you save money to go see the Olympics in Paris and the rail system is just ft. That would be awful. I hope they get that back off online, get that running smoothly. Speaking of the Olympics, the Summer Olympics opening ceremony are later today. Over ten thousand athletes will compete across thirty two different sports. Team USA has the youngest and all this athletes this year. I thought those are really cool gymnasts. Heslee Bavetta just turned sixteen years old. She's the youngest. And then you have this Stepan Peters. He will compete in the fancy horse dancing event dressage. He's fifty nine years old. Good luck to all of the USA Olympians. Let's go USA all the gold.
Speaker 1: Great way to sell it. I sense your enthusiasm, but nobody cares.
Speaker 22: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rate your excitement where the Olympics. Uh, you know, one to three you don't really care, and then ten you can't wait. So our pole question this morning, fifty five percent of our audience is at a one. They don't care.
Speaker 3: Them.
Speaker 1: So mid four to six level is twenty eight percent, seven to nine percent seven to nine excitement seven percent, eight percent are at a ten. Most people do not care. I don't know if you pack. I'm not surprised, buddy, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: Whatever, I'm blocking them, just kidding.
Speaker 1: Most of my friends that I talked to about the Olympics, I love it. They don't care. They hate America.
Speaker 3: Well, we all like it. Okay, have you heard of the term summer Ween?
Speaker 1: No? I meant this morning. I read about this, but I never heard this before some summer ween morning when.
Speaker 3: This is a holiday that was originally celebrated in the Disney animated series gravity Balls, but has since turned into a summer long celebration of all things spooky. Basically, it like Halloween in the summer. If you want to participate in Summer Ween movie Night, We've got a list of horror movies on the blog page, but I'll give you the first five. It Wrong Turn, I know what you did last Summer, Midsummer and Jeepers, Creepers. These are apparently the best horror movies to watch for Summer Ween.
Speaker 1: I wonder if now gen Z thinks that Midsummer is just kind of like a summer that's not so great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, media, media mediocrity.
Speaker 1: Well, what I want to see a movie called Midsummer Chevelle.
Speaker 3: Chevelle has signed with Alchemy Recordings and they have planned a September They've planned to release for a new album in the September October months. So they were interviewing the drummer and basically saying, like the albums tentatively do around the fall time and it is a follow up to Neiratis and it's Chevelle's first release through their record company they just signed with, So go check it out. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Taking alex As goes back at Home.
Speaker 4: Tonight, They're going to open up a weekend series with the Dodgers. It minute made park Framber Valdez is going to be in the man for this Drolls going up against LA's Gavin Stone.
Speaker 1: First pitches at seven ten.
Speaker 4: You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the Olympics, US women's soccer team kicked off Olympic action yesterday with a three zero win over Zambia. The US men's rugby team lost to Uruguay and Australia. They're eliminated from Olympic compra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm already yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean they started early, so they had already played three or four games. I think the majority, the majority of the events begin tomorrow. The opening ceremonies are today. You can watch them live at eleven this morning on NBC. Then they're going to air an on core performance at six thirty tonight.
Speaker 1: That's where that two million dollars Selem the En Soong is going to be sung opening ceremony.
Speaker 4: That's why that's why they run it twice and soccer using DNA. We have Seeing Me.
Speaker 1: Back in action.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow night they'll play their first League's Cup game against Atlas from the Mexican League. I'll kick off at seven. You can watch it on Apple TV. On the sports blog page. Today, congratulations to the Texans. They had the first training camp fight yesterday. It's awesome. The boys are just excited to get back there. It was Derek Stingley Junior and and Schultz and getting into it. Everything's good. But go check out a training camp fight. Sports blog page show Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 11: The rod l This Morning Show six to ten am ninety four or five Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: You got there, Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Briday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday, and Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: And free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Good morning rod Well. Hello, who's this? This is John John, your caller number ten man, your second, the second John on today on the show, there was up for John, fresh out of bed, head to head. Now we got this John, other other John, and you're the beer winner of the seven o'clock hour. Where are you from?
Speaker 19: Hey, I'm from locked Art texture.
Speaker 1: Come on now, I don't remember the last time we had somebody from there winning beer. John. Good to have you on this weekend or this free beer Friday.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 24: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm amazed at the reaction of my crew here when I told him that the audience of the Rod Ryan Show does not give a flip. This can't be news to you, guys that people don't care about the Olympics. This cannot be news to you. You all have friends that you hang out with, and you're the one that's most excited out of all your friends.
Speaker 3: Now, I surround myself with people that are excited about the Olympics.
Speaker 1: I've learned that, okay, great bit, people don't care. And the Winter Olympics, the winter advertising, the Winter Olympics are even worse. John, don't lie to me. Winter Olympics. You're better. You are one to three guy, four to six, seven to nine, ten excitement level. Where are you at Olympic Games today? The Olympics in USA?
Speaker 2: We got to win it.
Speaker 1: The beer you deserve that, I agree with you, But I just I'm amazed that you guys are shocked at these numbers.
Speaker 3: I'm not shocked, I guess I'm just disappointed. Yes, it is because it's exciting, Like it is exciting. You're not gonna convince me, oh, because you know, seven out of ten people on X aren't as excited about it that it's not exciting. Are you kidding me? Like the drama everything we talk about it is exciting. So whatever they're spinning or whatever they're saying that it's not excited, they're wrong. Like that's okay to be wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it wrong? Is it not like that in your circle of friends? For real?
Speaker 15: Dude?
Speaker 3: My friends are I surround myself with people that are happy about life. They're stoked for other people. They're not little haters.
Speaker 1: Those are different things.
Speaker 3: No, they're not, because it's all looped in the same thing. If you're not excited about the Olympics, you're probably downer.
Speaker 1: You can root for somebody to win it life and think the Olympics are boring.
Speaker 3: No, because you would never say, oh, what you're doing over there, what you've dedicated your life, what you've trained your whole life. Where as an athlete, that's boring. That's not boring, that's that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people don't care. I love it.
Speaker 7: I'm out of ten.
Speaker 1: It's to a lot of people. I get that. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I like we have a unique job where like we're off in the afternoon, so like I'm stoked to come home and just throw on whatever random like Olympic evanas, Oh dude, handball.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, let's watch this for the next hour.
Speaker 1: And a half. I will watch two countries that I don't care. There's countries I don't care about. I will watch them compete against one another. Now when the US is competing, and then boy, if we get into like a game where it's going to get us into a metal round or get us a medal. Then I'm all in on any of the sports, just about anything. Do you think I watched diving throughout the year.
Speaker 3: Diving in the Olympics is so right.
Speaker 1: But the Olympics change it. They change my attitude about it.
Speaker 3: For world honor.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because you're you have that pride in your country. I'm asking people to rate their excitement for the Olympics. Okay, slash being an American put that fifty one percent of our audience does not care.
Speaker 3: I can show you how they clicked on it too.
Speaker 1: They're like, uh oh, twenty six percent of our audience is like low mid, ten percent is upper mid, and then only twelve percent of our audience, Like John just who won the beer, he said he was a ten. He was a ten. I'm a ten at it. But then don't say you're a ten and then come back to me in two weeks and say, oh, I was real busy, I didn't watch anything. Then you're not a ten. You gotta watch, you gotta put in the time. You can't be a ten and then not partake in what's going on the numbers. So I'm excited. I mean these numbers don't surprise me. The Winter Olympics would be way worse than this. I love the Winter Olympics more I you.
Speaker 3: Know what, I will say, I do think the Summer Games are my favorite. Like if I'm ranking the two, I like them both. But I'm less excited about the Winter Olympics of the summer. I have watched the gymnastics since I was little bit, you know what. On the other end, I do like the ice skating, like those are my little girl watches. Those were my little girl, Like, oh my gosh, look at this incredible stuff going on.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to watch events like with my daughter when she sees these strong, powerful women out there, and I want her and I want her to think, could I do you can do that someday. That really is an important thing for me, and it's taken on even the new level. I was already out of ten before I had a kid. Now I want to share that stuff and I want my kid to watch some of that. We had it out, Miss Christina had it on the other day. The opening ceremonies are today. But there's so many rugby games, there's so many soccer games that they had to do they had to go early. Yeah, they can't do it in just two weeks. I was surprised that it was on, and I said, what is this. There was Olympic Games on the other day and I was here for it. I don't care. I don't watch soccer peacock and the other.
Speaker 3: Time gold Zone, which is red zone for the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know to watch that. And then I'm like, hey, guess what's going on. Now we're going to rowing. This is awesome. That's going on.
Speaker 4: Hey, now we're going to fencing. This is sick and it'll just be American athletes. They're kind of jumping around to listen.
Speaker 1: The guy in the NFL Red Zone, you know his name, Chris Hanson. That's exhausting. What he does. I don't know when he peas. I don't know when he does.
Speaker 4: He doesn't pe Yeah, he stops drinking like four hours before showtime, and then he says he doesn't he like trained himself to note until he gets home from studio.
Speaker 1: So NFL Red Zone is exhausting. I can't even imagine being asked to host Olympic Red Zone, where I think there's a couple of people that are hosted. They have to because there's just so many events going on at the same time. There's just you can go here bouncing around. I mean, if you go, I mean they're gonna make time for break dancing this year, breaking well, and I mean.
Speaker 3: I guess the Olympics knows like advertising money for your Olympics, I would say it probably is really strong. But they're also bringing in people that they think will bring in a crowd, like they're bringing in the call Her Daddy Girl, They're bringing in Alex Cooper, They're exactly Snoop Dogg. Like they're trying. I think, like they know the sentiment of our poll question where a lot of people just aren't into it, so they're trying. But I think the people that are into it are like excited enough.
Speaker 17: To make up for the whole I don't know, we're telling taxes every four years to have the Olympics.
Speaker 4: How do you not get excited for what your tax dollars pay You paid for this.
Speaker 1: So Tessa is saying that the thirteen percent have to be as loud as the seventy percent that don't care.
Speaker 3: We have to get really anxious about it.
Speaker 1: Our pull question is up. I think it's gonna stay like this all morning long. I really do change the I'm out of ten so, but I'm not shocked at where it sits at rod Ryan's Show. Is our poll question on the X. Hey, Cole Wetzel, We're one sleep away from Cole Wetzel playing at the Woodlands tomorrow night. I've got tickets for you. This sucker is close to selling out. Win your tickets from us. After the Break Rock and Alternative, The.
Speaker 11: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. I'll get to those Cole Wetzel tickets in just a moment. I don't think you need me to tell you that it's gonna be high chances of rain all week and long. Today only a forty percent chance of showers. Tomorrow eighty percent chance of rain thunderstorms. It's gonna keep it cooler outside. I mean eighty one is the high Tomorrow. Fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday. Testama, just steal one of your trends. Because the internet is just it's all Deadpool and Wolverine right now. We even have a link up that people are checking out. To my knowledge, there were three trailers, official trailers. There's a million things that people have put up online obviously, but there are three official trailers if you want to get yourself, if you need to be more amped up for this movie coming out. Plus there was two funny Nickelback things that we've posted recently on our Instagram. So that's all on linksin yesterday. But Micah saw Deadpool and Wolverine last night. He bought the tickets as soon as they came out, He goes I was one of the millions that bought tickets as soon as they went on sale. Obviously, no spoilers moving forward, so you can all listen freely, but there's no way y'all can't mention this. It is freaking balls to the wall awesome. Definitely a Marvel movie. Deadpool is Marvel Jesus, I guess you'll know what that means. Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is a force to be reckoned, with so much blood, so much killing, f bombs, cameos everywhere. It is so good. It's a great review. It's a great review, So spoilers on that. But yeah, of course we know that today's the opening day for that, what else is trending?
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift endorsed them too. That was huge. She put a picture of her with Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman and said the film feels like an AB's sandwich. So deadpol and Wolverine definitely was gonna be one of my trends. Also, this, this is really funny. There is a zoo in San Diego that's asking visitors to not show gorillas videos on cell phones because people are getting gorillas addicted to watching videos on phones and ipids through the glass enclosures. Okay, we share up to ninety nine percent of gorilla DNA. Like DNA with the gorilla, gorillas and humans are very close and just like humans, they can have too much screen time, which can alter their behavior. So that was funny. And then speaking of screen time, Kamala Harris has joined TikTok. That's what's trending. I ninety four five to oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you can't wait, I mean I have that I'm looking at girls today and it was I don't know, it was an underwhelming debut on TikTok. I don't know, I'll call that. I don't mind saying that.
Speaker 3: Okay, tickets Coezel Woodland Civilian. He plays there the Saturday July twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, while you're calling for those tickets, I'll take call her number ten seven one, three, nine four five. I don't know. I feel like springing around, Not really, I feel like leaping. But do you want to leap around?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 1: I would I do it? I want to hop around. Anybody want to hop around a little bit?
Speaker 3: Hop but different?
Speaker 1: What about bounding around? When a bounce around? I mean, let's bounce around, skip, pounce's let's pounce around?
Speaker 3: No, no, we gotta do it right.
Speaker 1: I want to leap romp let's romp around, Let's wrop around? None of that feels right? Why if I was to ask you if you would like to jump around on a freebier Friday?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, the unofficial official, unofficial official song of free beer Friday.
Speaker 1: Here in the Rod Ryan Show, it's House of Paint doing it as only they can jump around ninety four or five the bus, get up, pucket in let men again. I came in the wind battle me.
Speaker 7: That's a sitting. I won't tell my sock on.
Speaker 5: Don't get that up back on?
Speaker 1: Try later, running.
Speaker 20: Out a whole coolac don't get up and stand on I hand something they got.
Speaker 22: The plans jump up pus the ceiling mosas a bunk up.
Speaker 7: Someone's fucking jump down on us.
Speaker 1: Something in the eye, and then I'll.
Speaker 7: Take the punks wheeling dunk it pampson a chunk in.
Speaker 20: I got more thumbs and the tops of dunkin go that shock chow jump fuck up buck from the kids.
Speaker 7: On that he put my mom and my up. I came nick it down.
Speaker 1: I came nick it down. This will get out to see.
Speaker 20: Jump around, jump around, then jump around, then jump around, then jump jump up and get down to talk to to chop t t t tu to to to chop tup tu.
Speaker 12: So guess I turned making.
Speaker 7: I'll think the girl steps.
Speaker 20: Up by sacking your heart didn't work to your mom.
Speaker 7: I came to jop palming.
Speaker 20: I got more moms than the marbles, got his songs even just like the battle, his son up returned and everyone stepping than me.
Speaker 1: You're their birdy because I got there it. But you ain't a got nine if you come your battle by a shotgun.
Speaker 7: But in you don't give a focus on tom to the tap.
Speaker 1: Trying to step Hill, make it take it off.
Speaker 20: I got to say, Gils, come get your pailty, because what I shooting?
Speaker 1: I guess I shooting have killed him.
Speaker 7: I can't nick it down. I can't nick it down.
Speaker 1: This will get up to seating Joff.
Speaker 20: Around, jump aroun, jomp around, Tom Brown, then jump.
Speaker 1: Jim Bot and get down.
Speaker 7: Cho chop, tell, chop chop, tell me, tell shop, jump up, tell me, chop chop up, tell tell tell Then then.
Speaker 1: Then then from the cream of the corrupting right to the top.
Speaker 7: I never eat a b because the pigs a copper by.
Speaker 9: Yet I to my Nato'm I gonna forts the naga trying to play.
Speaker 7: Me up like just if my name was like game. But I ain't going out like no rk Bach sugar for one. Style ain't on what I might switch to help. I'm going around, then get on when I get head, and then you wake them in the morning and day. I'm coming a good shot.
Speaker 1: I'm coming the good shot and out livery hold me, I watch you.
Speaker 15: I can't nick it down.
Speaker 7: I can't nick it down.
Speaker 1: This will get top just seating Joe Moral and.
Speaker 20: Joe Brown, then Joe Burrow, then too Brown, then jump bought up.
Speaker 7: I get down, chump, what tell tup? Tup?
Speaker 1: Tell me tell tup?
Speaker 3: Jump?
Speaker 1: What tell me?
Speaker 15: Tell tup?
Speaker 11: Chump?
Speaker 14: What tell tell tell me to tell me?
Speaker 22: Tell me tell to what up?
Speaker 1: Tell tup to?
Speaker 3: What time?
Speaker 7: Tell me tough?
Speaker 10: T what up?
Speaker 22: Tell me to jump?
Speaker 7: Then then watch it, then didn't watch Then.
Speaker 1: Twenty four to five The buzz Boy does that hit just right each and every Friday. That's House of Pain. Jump around Rob Ryan Show, Free Beer Friday. Thank you Specs for the free beers. We'll have another case for you straight up at eight nine this year, this hour's beer winner. That was Jonathan that one. He said, he goes Man, thanks so much for the free beer. This morning. He sent me out a real nice email. He said, this is free beer number four for me. I won last October. And then you made the comment back then about not knowing where Lockhart, Texas was. We are the barbecue capital of Texas. He sent to me a little reminder about Lockhart. It's definitely worth the road trip for some great barbecue and local history. Appreciate all that you guys do. Been listening since around two thousand and five two thousand and six, y'all have a great day.
Speaker 3: Is that the no teeth for our beef?
Speaker 17: Please?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 1: That was forty five North Okay, that day I took over the whole show. Yeah, no, you don't need you don't need no teeth to eat our beef.
Speaker 3: That everybody was standing at the signs today had seen it said that.
Speaker 1: That was really funny day. The one that was kind of famous around here was if you were heading to Huntsville ves hunts Vegas, of course, but then we found out that that saying was used all over the country, or all over the state at least, that you don't need no teeth to eat our beef. I imagine somewhere in Lockhart, Texas, somebody's using that. Jonathan is Texas Army National Guard. So I appreciate you do what to do. So so Robbie called her number. Team Robbie got in on that first case of beer. That was his fifteenth beer win in twenty years. That's pretty amazing, all right, Well, the next beer winners coming in about a half hour from now. I do have some great tickets though.
Speaker 5: Good morning, good morning, Hello, who's this Harry?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, it's all been characters on the show today. What's your story, Kerrie. What do you got going on in your life?
Speaker 22: Rod?
Speaker 25: I have been coming down to the medical center for the last couple of years getting cancer treatment at MD Anderson, and we listen to your show all the time, and I.
Speaker 1: Finally got through you yourself are going through cancer treatment.
Speaker 25: Yes, I am a cancer survivor.
Speaker 3: Way to go, way to go, such a madass in so many ways, way to fight?
Speaker 5: Like hell, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 1: Are you out of it now?
Speaker 18: I am?
Speaker 12: I am in remission, but I still have to go and get checked out.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay. And you said you're heading down to the medical center, so I mean, yep, we have the best facilities in the world for treating what it is. No that's afflicting you. And I mean, if you're gonna have that, you have it here. And you have the absolute best minds in the world right here in Houston.
Speaker 25: I know, I know, I'm so very blessed.
Speaker 3: You're not from here, though. Where is that accent? What am I picking up?
Speaker 25: I'm I'm originally from Chicago.
Speaker 3: It's a good accent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I would have got there too. I would have got there eventually.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Her talking than Arry, your caller number ten. Who, Yeah, I got Cole Wetzel tickets for you tomorrow night.
Speaker 21: Okay, okay, sounds great to.
Speaker 3: A country show.
Speaker 1: You'll like it, wondering, Yeah, my, well again, you got the tickets. You're a badass. We're friends. There's no wrong answer here. But rate your excitement for the Olympics the opening ceremonies today. Are you a one of five or a ten, ten.
Speaker 12: Being the most ex I'm probably about a six.
Speaker 21: I pick and choose what I want to see.
Speaker 16: I don't watch it all, and I watched select events.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm down for that. We can hang.
Speaker 15: You have a favorite event?
Speaker 19: Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 25: I do love diving, I do love gymnastics.
Speaker 1: Yeah awesome, Yeah yeah, Carrie, have a great time tomorrow night.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: And I'm so happy to hear that news that you're in mission. Okay, I really am.
Speaker 20: Thank you, Ryan.
Speaker 3: It's a badass right there, Carrie Bell, thank you.
Speaker 1: I think we had Cousin's Day earlier this week. Happy aunt and uncle day. Ah, all right, it's it's a big deal. I do want to make a big I want to put some shine on it. Supposed to celebrate all aunts and uncles and the impact that they have on kids. And let me tell you a huge impact. I mean, I mean, I had aunts and uncles, but I don't know. People from New York aren't the warmest people in the world. So they were just people that were around and they were cool and stuff. But when I see the connection between my daughter and Aunt Sue, my sister who never had kids, and I really feel that that has filled something. My sister wasn't pining a rae way for kids or anything like that, but I think it's just taken her to a new level. It has softened her rough edges, and it has softened my mom's rough edges. I've heard my mom giggle on the phone with my kid that I had never heard a giggle before in my wife, out of my mom ever. But but what I've seen due to to my family, it's it's just amazing. It really is amazing. And outside of like for London, you know, no competition between mom and dad. But number two, there's no question. It's Aunt Sue. It's not Grandma's or anything like that. It's it's it's her aunt that is just the most important person. The connection that they have. I barely saw my kid in New York. I barely saw her.
Speaker 3: The kidnapped her.
Speaker 1: She was she was on my sister's ass because she took off my suit, took off work. She was on my sister's ass the whole time, every time she had to go down to her house to pick something up. You think my kids slept in the same house as me one night. No, she was at my sister's house the whole time. My kid did not want to spend a minute with me. It was just Aunt Sue.
Speaker 3: She's the cool Aunt Sue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so shout out to aunts and uncles. Now, you're this is your first experience. I know you've had a lot of young kids around, but a try but a true kid, a true tea.
Speaker 3: I love kids. I myself have never wanted a baby. I never like got it. And then when my sister had the baby, I'm like, oh my god, I get what you're saying. How the baby just makes everything better, Like the baby makes everything so much sweeter and softer. It's like, don't be a dick around the baby. Cool baby's here, Like, has.
Speaker 1: It unlocked anything that maybe wasn't around before that maybe was dormant?
Speaker 7: Am you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I just love having her around. She's just perfect. She just makes our family so much sweeter, Like.
Speaker 1: I just you want to perfect, you want a perfect little one.
Speaker 3: For yourself and no, no, no, thank you, Okay, that's no. I will take her. I will take her anytime. Like Allison could drop up mom and be like I gotta do something, I'd be like, okay. But I told Alex there was this, you know, for me, going down to Corpus once every two months was beginning to be.
Speaker 1: A pain in my ass.
Speaker 3: Now that the baby's there, I'm like, I can't let a month go by. I gotta see this baby. I gotta see you know, I got She's growing up so fast. So yeah, it's the actual best. And then I have had the best aunts. I've been so blessed because my mom was the hot mess express growing up. And if it weren't for my aunts, like I would not be the woman I am today. That is period the truth.
Speaker 1: I'm going to try to find this clip. Alex sees a lot of these comedian clips come through Jerry Seinfeld. He was quoting someone else and he said he was just being serious or he was just being as matter of fact as he could be. He said, God did not put into people that don't want kids. That thing, Yeah, okay, that thing that when you have a kid and you realize it's the greatest thing in the world and you wonder what you did before that, and you just couldn't imagine your life without it. God doesn't put that thing in people that don't have kids. He wouldn't torture you with that. But once you have a kid, Alex, now you're looking at your kid thinking what did I even do with my life before this? Yeah, and he said that you don't people. God doesn't put that into people.
Speaker 3: If after what I want, if I want something, I get it. That's period. That's that's just how I live my life. Believe me, I wanted kids, I would I would pop a couple out.
Speaker 1: That's and that's exactly what he was saying though. He was saying that there's people that walk around that just say I don't want kids, and it's fine, it's fine. You don't have that thing where you just not everybody's sitting around pining away for children or thinking that it's the greatest thing in the.
Speaker 22: World, you know.
Speaker 3: Dual income.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try, I'm gonna I'll find that clip because the way that he put it, I want I want to get to who came up with it, because Jerry was rarely quoting someone else. It wasn't it wasn't his stuff, so I thought it was. It was said pretty well, all right, well, happy aunt and uncle day. You guys are very very very important to those that you are aunt and uncle too. I'll just tell you from personal experience, it's it's a huge, huge thing that you that you have upon yourself. Rock and Alternative, The rod Ryan.
Speaker 11: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. On a free Beer Friday, we got another case of beer coming up your way, coming your way, straight up at eight o'clock. And then of course the Suburb Summer Sizzler. Nothing stops that from happening. Now as we are in the tournament. We got our fourth big game today, Richmond takes on Humble Thanks to our friends over at show Federal Credit Union. Working our way through the brackets, working our way through the suburbs here in the Houston area. If you haven't heard your suburb called out yet, that means they haven't played yet. That means you are still eligible to get in. So if you want all this information, you can see the brackets. You can see all the information about the suburb Summer Sizzler and the official place where you sign up. Many of you have been sending me emails right after you hear the game. I get two or three emails. Bro, that was terrible. I could do better. I all the songs you guys play. I've been listening for twenty years. I get all of that. Okay, I get all of that, and I tell people the same thing. You go and usually I said, I'm a link on links and guests the Suburbs Summer Sissler page, that's where you sign up. Well, I don't know if my suburb played yet. Chilely has the brackets right there and it shows that Joe and Alexander, Joe from Richmond and Alexander from Humble are gonna be squaring off today. You'll see the suburbs that have already been on. You'll see the suburbs that have advanced. There's only been four games. Eight suburbs have only been taken. There's like a hundred suburbs here in Houston.
Speaker 3: One thousand.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's a thousand, one hundred thousand million, because there's not a thousand. There's not a million. No I checked, But you can sign up girl Famous rod Ryan show page. Start at the buzz dot com. Twenty percent chance of showers today, eighty percent chance of rain and thunderstorms tomorrow, fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday. When is it going to dry out? They're telling us sometime next week. We may actually see the sun next week. I heard the Sun's going to.
Speaker 3: Make an appearance.
Speaker 1: Way, yeah, I heard the sun is going to be appearing next week, So I can't wait, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Centerpoint Energy is promising to do a better job next time a hurricane comes to Houston. They issued a public apology yesterday due to its response to Hurricane Beryl. Now this apology, I must say, coincides with the fact that the company's being investigated by the Public Utility Commission. But you know, the Public Utility Commission wants to know what gives with the response to the storm It left the fact that the storm left more than two million customers in the dark. Some of us didn't get our power back on for more than a week and the heat was very dangerous that week. The sun was making an appearance that week and it was brutal. Centerpoint executives are required to provide answers to Governor Greg Abbott by next week.
Speaker 1: Right when I I can see it now like they're going to come up with some breakthrough, Like Okay, we've just come up with a way that power never going to go out again. That'll happen the day after I get my generator put in.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what my biggest fear is of, Like, Okay, I'm finally making the leap and then I'm not trying. I don't have that kind of confidence in them, To be honest with.
Speaker 3: You, I'm not trying to get political, but like Centerpoint donates so much money to campaigns and whatever.
Speaker 1: Dude, I think they need every business.
Speaker 3: Does Center Point.
Speaker 1: Does more.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyway, let's talk about the Olympics. Unfortunately, a massive attack was reported on the French railway system just hours before the opening ceremony of the Paris Olympics is set to begin. This French rail company says that all major Paris stations have been delayed after arson attacks were set to damage their installations. Authorities are not calling it a terror attack, but the French transport minister says it will seriously disrupt traffic, So that's kind of the yeah, the bad news. Up to eight hundred thousand passengers were impacted by this attack and they're now being asked to post pone their trips.
Speaker 1: Still looking for your excitement level for the Olympics on the X at Rod Ryan's show, forty seven percent of our audience are the lowest you could possibly be as far as the excitement scale here, forty seven percent are sitting at around a one twenty percent, or sitting at a four fourteen percent, or sitting at a seven seventeen percent. Of our audience they're coming through now, they say they are at a ten. They are here for the Olympics. Most of our people, most of our audience, man, is just very low to mid.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this next story is for the seventeen percent the Olympics. Does anyone remember when gymnast Ali Raisman's parents became a meme because her they were just watching her so intensely when she was doing her Olympic performance and.
Speaker 1: On the uneven bars, I believe so okay, So because yeah, like every time moving along, Yes, every time they grabbed it and they were like, yes, got it, got it, got it. I remember that exact moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when she was like releasing and she had to catch the bar back. So NBC took notice, and they are adding a new feature. They're going to put heart rate monitors on some of the competitors' parents and then they're going to be showing their results on screen because think about it, Yes, you're an olympian, this is your moment. It's nerve wrecking. But your parents that have seen you train your entire life for this moment.
Speaker 1: Here's my worry. The parents are gonna start hamming it up even more. They know that the parents became a being the case, and then they're gonna want to be the next mom on the Campbell's Chunky Soup ad. They want to be Donovan mcnad's mom. Like, that's what's going to happen. These parents are going to go overboard with their reactions now, the ones that are going to be micd up or monitored up.
Speaker 3: Well, it does add another layer of drama to follow. I quite like it. Outside of the actual composition, it is always fun to watch the parents in the sand. Hey, they deserve it. They deserve it. They've you know, garnered these Olympians their whole life. Okay, speaking of the Olympics, this woman that we're listening to, Lady Gaga, is going to perform with Seline Dion in the opening ceremonies, and that's going to be amazing. I'm very much looking forward to that. The last time Selene Dion performed, it was like in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: Are they splitting the two million? Is she doing it for free and getting all of it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know the pay structure. We talked about Selene getting two million dollars for this. I mean, you know, Selena is battling that stiff person syndrome. But I want to talk about Lady Gaga because she is going to star in the Joker movie, the second one, the sequel, the one with Joaquin Phoenix and Joker for Lee Adou hits theaters October fourth. Imagine being so talented like Lady Gaga that you have to like train yourself to sing badly. Lady Gaga, for her role in the new Joker movie, said she wanted to remain true to character Harley Lee Quinn, who is not a trained singer. She's like, look, when I'm on stage, I'm I have controlled breath, I make sure I'm on pitch. But Lee would never know how to do any of these things that I know how to do, so she like untrains herself to kind of be, you know, just an okay mid singer for the movie.
Speaker 1: That's what I do here. I say, I'm right, I'm playing the character Ron Ryan, and on the radio it's a trained singer. But in real life, I mean, I can sing, but it's right. It's funnier when I hit clunky notes and I get that girl gonging me on the emails.
Speaker 3: We appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Every time I sings, I do that. It's you know, it's all for the comedy, it's all for the craft.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen any of these bootleg version of YouTube and they're singing in Dublin and they did it in nineteen ninety three. You can kind of see clips of this. It's their hometown stop. Well, in over a month, Interscope Records is going to drop YouTube's Zoo TV Live in Dublin nineteen ninety three ep. So it's gonna hit on Friday August thirtieth. I don't have tracks from that performance, so you don't have to watch a bootleg anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of those bootlegs that the band had to realize. It's the most popular bootleg that was out there. Right, they said, everyone has this, we're not making a nickel on it. Why don't we give them a good copy and then maybe we could put a couple bucks in our pockets. Actually, they need a lot of those.
Speaker 3: Are Houston's.
Speaker 21: All right?
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound like that was. Well, what's going on here? Well, Astros are back at home tonight.
Speaker 4: They kind of open up a weekend series with the Dodgers at minute made Bremer Valdez will be on the mount for Destrils, going up against LA's Gavin Stone first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In other news, the US women's soccer team kick out Olympic action yesterday with a three nil win over Zambia.
Speaker 1: The US men's rugby team.
Speaker 4: Loss to Uruguay and Australia. They are eliminated from Olympic competition. The majority of the events begin tomorrow, but the opening ceremonies are today. You can watch them live at eleven this morning on NBC and then the encore performance will be tonight at six thirty.
Speaker 3: You're a soccer guy. Yes, on the world stage.
Speaker 1: An Olympic medal for soccer men or women and a World Cup trophy men or women. Are they even close to one another?
Speaker 4: Also for the women, probably prestige women send their real their A team the US like the men.
Speaker 3: It's a U eighteen tournament for the Olympic team.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you look at like the US, like I was watching the US men the other day, like they don't have the crest of the actual national team. They just it's just says USA on their jersey because it's not the actual men's national team.
Speaker 1: It's the U eighteen national team. We're sending kids, Yeah, scrubs because they have they had the Euros, the Euros America.
Speaker 4: So all, like the pros just played their national tournament this year like two weeks ago, and the World Cup is what men, like the men's soccer world is like this is your this is what the best in the world is.
Speaker 1: So the World Cup is more important and like like.
Speaker 4: England couldn't play like it's Team Great Britain, so like England, Ireland, all of those are like built together, So like England one yeah, because England is only one country. Great Britain is four countries commonwealth, right, so like that's kind of the difference as well. But the women are senting their A squads and the US women are probably kick ass and when it is I think.
Speaker 3: I think we should.
Speaker 1: I want to, but it's more prestige. The World Cup is more prestige. Okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: The Olympic is like, you want to win gold in the Olympics, but it's badass to win the Golden Olympics.
Speaker 1: But the World Cup is the World Cup? Gotcha?
Speaker 4: Us or The Houston Dynamo are going to be back in acting tomorrow. They're gonna play the first league's game against Atlas from the Mexican League. That'll kick off at seven o'clock and you can watch the game on Apple TV.
Speaker 3: The sports blog Cage.
Speaker 4: Today, I'm just gonna say, Kaitlyn Clark bikini pictures.
Speaker 3: What Kaitlyn Clark bikini pictures?
Speaker 1: If we've gone there yet. She didn't get to go to the Olympics because.
Speaker 3: They snubbed her, so she's out, showing off her pause.
Speaker 15: So Tom.
Speaker 1: Sports Blog, Sports Blog, if you're setting me up, so I'm gonna punch you.
Speaker 15: Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: So let's go.
Speaker 10: Bird of Wednesday. I'll be late tonight times out. We'll hit on all girl Ken. Oh, yes, we are the Fridays here.
Speaker 7: Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: And right free Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Right, good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who we got on the phone here.
Speaker 7: Friday?
Speaker 1: Hi, Heather, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm thirsty, thirsty.
Speaker 1: Then you come to the place I am your morning show DJ and bartender on Fridays. I'm gonna serve you up a the third case of beer today. Heather congratulates, Thank you.
Speaker 11: I need this.
Speaker 19: It's been a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has been a week.
Speaker 19: Where are you from Houston?
Speaker 1: All right? Heather from Houston? Excitement level on the Olympics. It's no wrong answer here, we're friends. Where are you at with this? Are you in that one? You in that lower percentile? Or are you just it's not that big a deal for you absolutely, Yeah, it's most of our audience.
Speaker 3: Yes, see here, I'm sorry there actually was the wrong answer.
Speaker 1: Forty eight forty eight percent of our audience are in that really do not care. The people that are at a ten are climbing on our pole.
Speaker 7: Question.
Speaker 1: Up to twenty percent good, but mid mid to low is where people are at. With the Olympics opening ceremonies are today, and there's a lot of Olympic stuff on links and guests where most of you probably won't go. Look at Heather included, but she nice enough to listen, nice enough to listen in the morning, enjoy your beers, and have a great weekend. Okay, thank you, and thank you so much for listening. I appreciate you. I really do at three cases of beer down, one straight up at nine o'clock and then open phones Friday. But we're gonna say hello to an old friend early in the nine o'clock hour. Yeah, that first segment is always really short anyway, by the time we get done with the song give away the beer, I've only got a couple of minutes. But I wanted to say hi to somebody. I recorded a podcast and I did an interview this week with an old friend of the show, and I wanted to get him on to say hello, and he told some really really funny stories. He's got the best stories in the world. They're all long stories, and sometimes they're tough on the radio.
Speaker 3: You need a podcast to get into the meat of those stories.
Speaker 1: When he's on The Howard Stern Show, where all they do is sit around and talk, then he's got a little time for these things. When he's doing these other podcasts with all his famous friends that are comedians, got more time to tell these stories. So he got a lot of time to tell some really really great stories. And I think most of you know I'm talking about our good friend, comedian Craig Gas. He's in town this weekend. I want him to tell you where he's playing or performing, and then maybe set up a few of the stories to make you interested enough to go and listen and watch our interview that we did earlier this week. So we'll check in with him in about an hour from now. Forty percent chance of showers today, eighty percent chance of rain and thunderstorms tomorrow. Tomorrow's wash fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms. Got me thinking, hey, is it ever going to stop raining around here. Well, I mean, like like you, like you, I go to weather dot com and Tuesday is our first chance. I mean, the rain tapers off quite a bit on Monday, down to twenty three percent, but our first day of getting back to some mostly sunny skies, it looks like we're going to have to wait until Tuesday. The sun is going to be very scarce this weekend. Okay, now Tuesday hits. We've got mostly sunny days on tap, and I know this is a way ways out, but Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday looks to be getting back to you know, nineties and sunny and low chances of rain. So we just got to get through this. What's looking like it's going to be a pretty wet weekend, And I think I don't have to tell you, but I'll say it. I'm no weather man, I'm reading it straight from weather dot com. But I also saw that Earth's three hottest days on record. We're all this week. Now, this is what the email is going to be. Okay, the chick that took the Earth's temperature, who'd she vote for? Rod? Why don't you tell me that? Or Tessa's gonna say well, who sponsors the thermometer that was stuck in the Earth's ass when they took the temperature of it? Who paid all that money for that thermometer question? Sunday broke the record, then Monday beat it, and then Tuesday almost beat it again. The record now is sixty two point eighty seven degrees, which doesn't sound bad. It sounds actually nice. But that's the world wide average and in the southern hemisphere it's wintertime right now, So the three hottest days on record. If you believe in this sort of thing, I mean, it's the temperature of the damn Earth.
Speaker 3: What do you mean if you temperature?
Speaker 1: From the things that I just made jokes about. I make jokes on this show, but those are people's real opinions on things like temperature.
Speaker 3: Is it like a belief like.
Speaker 1: Who took the temperature rod? I don't know. I don't know. All right, guys, guess what we're gonna sizzle?
Speaker 3: Finally I need to listen.
Speaker 1: I need someone to come in here and dominate today. Is it gonna be Richmond? Is it gonna be Humble Joe? Alexander. We're gonna meet them coming up. We'll talk about their Suburbs that they're gonna represent, and we'll see if we can get somebody in here to kick a little bit of ass, because I tell you what I feel like. It's been a bit of a slow start here to the Suburbs Summer Sizzler, but I still love the song. We'll do it all after the break The.
Speaker 15: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: A Buz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. On a free beer Friday. Everyone's making the arrangements here to get ready for the suburb Summer Sizzler. Joe and Alexander coming up. We'll meet them in a second. Forty percent champs of showers today, eighty percent chance of rain, thunderstorms, high of eighty one. Saturday's a wash. Is this summer a bust?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 18: Stop?
Speaker 3: Is this summer the biggest bust of all?
Speaker 1: A bust? Stop.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna, I'm not gonna. I'm not gonna accept it.
Speaker 1: I'm putting. I'm taking on a full page ad in the Houston Chronicle a tombstone, and it's gonna say summer of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: You don't want the Olympics, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bust.
Speaker 3: I will say my a year ago updates are coming up on like my phone, ig Facebook memory.
Speaker 1: Were you having more fun last year?
Speaker 3: I was so much happier.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, fifty chance of scattered thunderstorms. Our next sunny day is coming on Tuesday, so don't worry about it, right, It's just it's just twenty five sleeps away. What's trending?
Speaker 3: Someone almost ate a scientific anomaly for dinner at red lobster. This is an orange lobster. It's a one in thirty million crustacean. So they all have that darker red coloring, right.
Speaker 1: I thought, like the white lobster.
Speaker 3: Those were rare too. Those are like one in like one hundred million, new one before those are really rare too.
Speaker 1: But the orange one.
Speaker 3: There's an orange one that is a one in thirty million crustacean.
Speaker 5: And it was.
Speaker 3: Brought out of the red lobster and sent to a Denver acquarium. World it'll be studied by researchers.
Speaker 1: So studied by flavor flav Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Something else that is trending.
Speaker 14: Where did it go?
Speaker 3: Okay? I wanted to talk about Southwest Airlines again because they have Yesterday they announced that they would be getting rid of their open seating system, but for the first time in history, they will also move to assigned seats and allowing like basically their company will now charge a premium for some seats. On explain, they said when they did when they do the surveys for customers, what their biggest complaint was. It was that the fact that seating was not assigned. So this is like people what I love about them, They said, that's the number one complaint that they got.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, oh, I don't know if you have this. I haven't taken a gander at like the food blog page, but you might want to add this to it. Kraft Hines is dropping pickle mayo. Yeah, Hines getting into the pickle craze. They've dropped pickle mayonnaise dressing. That means you have a lot more ways to use the mayo whatever pairs of pickles. This will be a you know, a delightful, delightful new Mayo.
Speaker 1: I missed it. I did headline with a story that the Supreme Court ruled that boneless chicken wings too, you can have bone. Yeah, somebody tried to sue because there was a bone and a boneless chicken wing and it went all the way up to the Supreme Court. So you can kind of go and see how that. But there's a lot of the food blog page. I don't know if I got that one on there.
Speaker 3: I'll tak a chain.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go here. We might be selling Joe salanis wrong, Joe, what suburb are you representing this morning?
Speaker 15: Rosenberg?
Speaker 1: Ooh, Richmond is still in it? Then Rosenberg is playing today? Hey Joe, welcome to the Sizzler. My man's going. Good man, you've been practicing. How do you How do you feel about going into this game here?
Speaker 12: I've been so so practicing.
Speaker 15: Little nervous, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't be nervous. Nerves are not going to do you well in this game at all. What about Alexander over here? Who's representing Humble Alexander? Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, dude. How are you?
Speaker 18: How are you doing?
Speaker 13: I'm doing great.
Speaker 18: How about you, guys?
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to tell people to not be nervous, Okay, I get it. I mean five thousand dollars going to the winner of the Suburb Summer Sizzler. I'm asking everybody about their preparation for the game. Is there any practice going involved, Alexander, or are you just basing this on your years of listening to the Buzz.
Speaker 21: Well, I've been listening to your radio station all week day.
Speaker 15: Enough fun, practice and practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mix in some raw eggs and then take your dog for a run wearing a great sweatsuit at five o'clock in the morning, meet through the streets of Philly. That's how Alexander's been getting ready, Wait a minute, that was rocky. Sorry, he's been listening to the Buzz though, Alexander and Joe. The suburb Summer Sizzler is next, and the song that we will not be using for the Sizzler today is this one. Don't put this one in, alex damn it. Do not put this in a Siler song. That would be bad because this is Stained and Outside. Now they know of the band and the name of the song, so don't use this one. We sizzle next ninety four or five the Buzz ninety four or five Buzz Stained Outside, get Stained information their latest trip to Houston. All that information and buying tickets available on the world famous Rod Ryan Shopaige. Well, you know what I'd say this, go to the world famous Buzz dot com because there's a complete concert calendar of all things and all the great concerts that are coming to town this summer. Yeah, I know, I throw it around like the Summer's bust just because of all the rain, and it bums me out. And you know, I'm dealing with a board kid that kind of weighs into it because I have her for the entire month of July and it's been a crappy month, you know what I mean. Yeah, So listen, it's not a bust. The suburb of Summer Sizzler. I look forward to it, and you know what, I want to get right into it. Thanks to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union. Four years running the Suburb Summer Sizzler. Somebody just checked in from Rosenberg. It's Manny Is said, Joe, don't mess this up or you're out, like you will have to leave, Joe. He wants you out of Rosenberg if you don't represent today on the game. Absolutely absolutely we Joe you there, yes, s yeah. When I don't know if you guys know this about the game, but when you lose, I give out your home address on the air and then people come over with the pitchforks and the torches and everything, and they let you know that they're not happy about you for sale signs. Yeah, I won't do that to you, Joe. I won't do that to you.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 1: I need you to calm down. I don't need you to be nervous at all, hysterical. Okay, I don't need you to be nervous. You ready to do this?
Speaker 15: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: Okay. That's Joe from Rosenberg. Alexander's been listening to the buzz all week long, said he knows the bands, he knows the song titles. Alexander, I mean, do you have a do you have a weakness moving into this game? Anything that you would share with us before the game.
Speaker 12: I just hope I can remember it.
Speaker 1: I hope you can too, Dude, Yeah, I hope you can too. I'm looking for someone to come in here and show me a little something, show me a little domination during the Suburb Summer Sizzler. Here we go, it's game number four. Alex is going to load up a song clip. Oh, I got it ready. You're going to have to yell out your name when you feel confident that you know the band name and the song title. Okay, Joe, you ready. I'm ready for Joe? You got me nervous? Now you got me nervous? Huh, Alexander, you ready?
Speaker 12: Let's go?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, guys, show me a little something here. Day number four Suburb Summer Sizzler. Boys, take a listen, shout out your name when you think you know the song title and band. She's no good word.
Speaker 7: Worse stutter had a joke of a romantic stuck enough.
Speaker 1: Tom listening for someone to shout out their name.
Speaker 7: Dance chat's worse.
Speaker 1: Cat got your tongue, Alexander, Yeah, Joe? What the hell? Guys, Joe, did you understand how the game works? You shout out your name when you think you know the band and song title. You do know how this works? Right, Joe?
Speaker 15: You just hid job?
Speaker 3: They both have to move out of their suburbs.
Speaker 1: Out Joe, I'm sorry? Did you say yes?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I know how it works?
Speaker 1: Okay? Would you like another song?
Speaker 24: You?
Speaker 1: Neither one of you knew that that was Fallout Boy? Fallout Boy dance Dance was the name of that song, Okay, I did not know? Okay, no, I know you didn't know.
Speaker 3: Richard Humble, Rosenberg.
Speaker 1: And Rosenberg and humble draw on my list. She got another one for him.
Speaker 26: Thank god I brought a back up song. I mean cool as you guys do in my headn't somebody you know what my mom would say, s or get off the pot.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, that's what Irene Ryan s or get off the pot.
Speaker 3: You get one more shot at this. Boys, here we go fiddling around.
Speaker 1: Shout out your name when you think you know the band and song title.
Speaker 5: Good God, good luck, Joe.
Speaker 15: Either fine again?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm dancing, Joe.
Speaker 3: You mad roight, I gotten dance.
Speaker 1: If we went, if we went a whole flipping week and nobody got one's own rights, gonna be like, wait a minute, we're doing the wrong thing here, man, we're doing the wrong thing here. Uh yeah, you got it right, Alexander.
Speaker 25: Uh.
Speaker 21: I gotta keep on practicing, but I'll be ready for next year.
Speaker 15: Really okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you didn't ask Organ off the pod. All right, Alexander. We gotta say, Joe, my man, Joe, congratulations, somebody doing it the right way, advancing Joe Rosenberg. Looks like you can stay another week or two. O.
Speaker 12: Good, that's good. I don't need nobody kicking out.
Speaker 1: All right, Joe, thank you for maybe single handedly saving the game today?
Speaker 15: Who joy?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, non till you have Monday set or not yet. I know I'm putting on the spy. I want to quit Monday's game set. Yeah we got Monday.
Speaker 22: We got Katie versus League City, O the best side taking off League City.
Speaker 6: And they better be ready because if they're like today's game, I'm I'm just going to cancel the games.
Speaker 1: Say hey, hey, good job. Take that back. I know the first round was brutal, but Joe is the first guy this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not answering for a whole song.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Still, Joe, I love you. You saved the game.
Speaker 15: Let's take a moment to look back at your summer so far.
Speaker 1: No mushrooms?
Speaker 7: What are you wearing?
Speaker 15: Lol?
Speaker 1: Really that's all you're gonna do with your summer? The Rock Ryan Joe five ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Shine Down gonna be performing at the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, an acoustic set. Brenton Zach will be in town on October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. You have to win your way in. Have we given away tickets yet? We have not looks like, that's gonna be the last thing we do today. On the show, The rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party October twelfth, Carbock Brewery a winner on Know the Show Today, you had mentioned Southwest is wait back up? Not the first person to get a song right? This week Holly got Lincoln Park right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the first ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was a girl and a dude to do it.
Speaker 1: So the Sizzlers started out rough again. The Sisslor's been rough all week. These early rounds are tough, and I know this. I'm thinking, Okay, am I freaking out a little bit?
Speaker 22: Nah?
Speaker 1: Not really. I remember every year, especially that first year, Sizzler's a little tough. I mean, I get it. It's five thousand dollars. You know, anybody can play. Anybody can play. You don't have to you don't have to prove yourself, you don't have to win your way in. There's no pres like the people that get on Jeopardy have to go through like ten example games with producers. Jilie's like, do you have a pulse you can play? Are you gonna pick up your phone when I call you?
Speaker 9: You're in?
Speaker 1: I don't care if you've ever heard the station before. If you're gonna pick up the phone when I call you, you can play hey go. Southwest is doing away with its open seating policy. I don't know how I feel about this because I'm exclusive to Southwest just because I started with the card years ago. I get a million points and I use it. They're gonna start charging for assigned seats. Here's an insider. Mary says, Hey Rod, I got a client who's a Southwest flight attendant. She told me the main reason they're eliminating the open seating policy is because so many people are abusing the handicap policy. They claim to need a wheelchair to board, then they can miraculously walk off the plane when they get to where they're going. When you need a wheelchair to board, you get priority boarding. On her recent on one of her recent flights, she had thirty wheelchairs requested. It's ridiculous that adults abuse this system. Anyways, thought you might like that update, show Mary, there's something to this. I've flown recently and it was Southwest, and because I got the card and all of that, and I do my due diligence, they take care of me because I've been with them a long time. You have a B or C where you get in line and you get a number and that's your order that you board the plane. Then you got open seating. I'm always in the first twenty people, don't you always see.
Speaker 3: If kids too, passengers with kids don't they get priority.
Speaker 1: They get when you have a family boarding. That's between A and B. Okay, so there's a line of families. She's talking about disabled, elderly, that type of thing, you know, veterans, maybe military.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can serve your country or you can pretend that you need kind a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: I am within the first I'm within the first twenty people always to board on my flights. When I get on the plane, there's forty people on that plane already. There's something going on to this. This what she's saying and her friend her insider with Southwest. I don't know if that's the sole reason, but yeah, people are abusing everything they can out there.
Speaker 4: Those emotional support animals where it was like at a certain point, like all right, look, it's gonna be these specific animals you can bring on. You can't tell your frog. Oh yeah, the emotional support frog onto your plane.
Speaker 1: Okay. I think it was an emotional support Guinea Pig, I really do something like that.
Speaker 3: It's like they abuse that rule and it's like this is the same thing.
Speaker 1: All right, well, okay, well Southwest is doing away with open seating.
Speaker 15: Housed to Rock Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Together ninety four to five to the Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. All right, we're getting close to that fourth and final case of beer open phones. Friday, We're gonna talk to an old friend of the show, Craig Gas first segment of the nine o'clock Hours, So we'll get him on. I'll talk about an interview that I did with him earlier this week. He's just been a great friend of the show over the years. He talks a little bit about being at the tenure anniversary show. He's like, are you promoting a twenty year party? I said yeah. He's like, how was that your party ten years ago? I said, yeah, dude, Yeah. Life moves pretty fast. That's what Ferris Bueler told me. Forty percent chance of showers today, eighty percent chance of bringing thunderstorms tomorrow, fifty percent chance on Sunday. Maybe we'll get the sun out on Tuesday. Going to wait till Tuesday and seen the damn Sun. President Tessa Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Base Centerpoint Energy is promising to do a better job next time a hurricane comes to Houston. They issued a public apology yesterday due to their response of Hurricane Barrel. It coincides with the company being investigated by the Public Utility Commission. The Public Utility Commission is investigating Centerpoint's response to the storm, which left more than two million customers in the dark. Some of us didn't get our power back for more than a week and it was in dangerous heat. Centerpoint executives are required to provide answers to Governor Greg Abbott by next week. French officials say a major attack on the country's railway system has happened, just hours before the official opening of the Paris Olympics. Authorities aren't calling it a terror attack, but believe it was intended to destabilize the railway system. Official state track side signal boxes were set on fire and cables were cut. The French Transport Minister says the malicious acts will seriously disrupt traffic. Speaking of the Olympics, the Summer Olympics are about to be underway, I mean they already have been some events. Over ten thousand athletes are competing across thirty two different sports. Tmusa has the youngest and the oldest athletes at the Games this year. You have gymnast Hesley Vivetta, she just turned sixteen, and then this fifty nine year old as Stephan Peters will compete in the fancy horse dancing event. I called it dressage in the first sage, okay, And I got an email from listener Ron and he was like, good morning, Testa, thanks for making Friday's fun. Just an FYI. It may look like message, but the word dressage is pronounced like massage, so yes, you're right, tressage.
Speaker 21: Thank you.
Speaker 3: He told us to have a good weekend and that he too enjoys the Olympics. If you didn't know, we have a poll gone on on Rod Ryan Show on the X asking people taking their temperature of excite, level of excitement for the Olympics.
Speaker 7: Do you have that up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Fifty percent of our audience absolutely doesn't care. It's done rude. Another twenty percent are low mid fourteen percent per kind of excited. Only sixteen percent of our audience put themselves out of ten, like, Wow, I'm losing my mind. I cannot wait for these things to get started. I love the Olympics.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I'm just not But I'm not surprised at the poll question. I'm not at all that for me.
Speaker 3: That poll works both ways. So like, if you're a ten level excited, like I'm ten level excited for you. If you're bored with the Olympics, I too, I'm bored with you. Like, that's a reverse poll for me.
Speaker 1: None of my friends are as excited about the Olympics as I am. Now I can't. I can't find one of them.
Speaker 3: You get better friends except for except for how Hew's into it. There you go. Have you heard of the term summer ween.
Speaker 1: People said they did hear of this, but you know what it was. It was about four years ago when we talked about the term summer penis, summer summer peen, summer penis. You remember what that was? Well, no, you dangle a little lower in the summer, guys.
Speaker 3: I had no clue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was something that was I think in your time on this show that that was. That was some kind of a men's health thing that came out.
Speaker 3: I don't remember it. And I'm glad.
Speaker 1: That means you get like a winter penis, or you're a little shorter. But this is summer Ween. Kind of a play on Halloween.
Speaker 3: This has yeah, this has nothing to do with the pen This is all about movies. If you'd like to smart, just made in a Summer Ween movie night. We've got a list of the ten horror movies that best fit the vibe. Number one on this list is It, Two is wrong, Turn three is I Know What You Did Last Summer, four is Midsummer, and five is Jeepers, Creepers. You want the rest of the list, great, It's on our bug page. Go over there, linksy guests. Chavelle has signed with Alchemy Recordings and they say they are plotting a September slash October release for a new album. The drummer was telling a blabbermouth that they did expect to have the album done already, but it's like pulling teeth, like writing an album. Writers love having written what is learned? They say it's tortures the band going back and forth. So look they're signed. They say they're gonna give us a new album in the fall. Those are Houston southing.
Speaker 1: These are Chili's boys.
Speaker 3: He loves Chevelle tell him to go get it together.
Speaker 1: They just actually they tell him that I want, I want this, I want hats off to the ball Part two. If you're gonna be putting out an album, they listen to this. I see why Chili loves them.
Speaker 26: More of this.
Speaker 27: Nice.
Speaker 1: It's got to be their best song.
Speaker 4: All right, Sports Astros, they're back at home tonight. They're going to open up a weekend series with the Dodgers. A minute made Brama Valdeza be on the mound for the Stros. He'll be going up against LA's Gavin Stone first pitches at sevent ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In other news, in the US women's soccer team kicked out the Olympic action yesterday with a.
Speaker 3: Three zero win over Zambia. Houston Dash's keeper Jane Campbell.
Speaker 1: Is the keeper for the USA team.
Speaker 4: The US men's rugby team lost to Uruguay and Australia. They are eliminated from Olympic competition. The majority of the events are going to begin tomorrow, including My Girl Katie Ledecki and the women's four hundred meter freestyle.
Speaker 3: The opening ceremonies are today. Test was just talking about him.
Speaker 4: They start at eleven this morning on NBC and you can watch the Encore Enhanced Performances what they're calling it, at six point thirty if you want to watch it in prime time. In soccer, Houston, DONALDFC are back in action tomorrow night. They're gonna play the first League's Cup game against Atlas from the Mexican League. That's going to kick you off at seven o'clock and you can watch the game on Apple TV. And then, if you haven't checked out the sports blog page today, Caitlyn Clark showing off her bikini bod and the fight that broke out at Texans camp good stuff.
Speaker 1: Sports blog page show he's not lying. I thought you were lying.
Speaker 3: And then I also put your Canadian coach got fired for.
Speaker 1: It's not my coach. Back to Kaitlyn Clark, she really is on the sports blog page, it'll be yeah, They're like.
Speaker 4: We're gonna snub you from the Olympic team and she's like, cool, check out my bikini.
Speaker 1: You could have had this girl summer. You couldn't have me this USA Houston Rock Houston's.
Speaker 15: Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show us.
Speaker 7: Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: He's gone free Bam Friday. He got a free Bam Friday. He got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: Right Bam Friday, Rock Bam Friday, Man Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give away some beers and we're gonna say hi to an old friend of the show. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Orry, Hey, who's that? I'm doing well?
Speaker 6: Jesse?
Speaker 1: See all right, Jesse? Jesse's fired up today?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 1: Your color ten?
Speaker 12: Hey, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: For twenty now, twenty and a half years. My god, we've been giving away beer four times an hour. You're thenine o'clock winter today, Jesse, where are you from? Real Kurt's I like to do my skydiving when I jump out of airplanes. When I jump out of perfectly good airplanes, I go to row Schaeron to jump out of those planes. Jesse. Right, Maybe you've seen me out of your back deck jumping out of a plane. Maybe you've seen me before. All right, Jesse. What's your excitement level on the Olympics they start today? Are you a one? Five, ten somewhere in the middle where you at?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know one? Yeah, people don't care. People do care about the Olympics. Listen, it's ten times worse for the Winter Games.
Speaker 12: Jesse.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your beers. Shout out Roacharan from around Jesse. Have a great weekend. Okay, guys, if you go to Links and Guests right now, I know I'm normally try to get in there and get you guys to get in on open phones Friday, and trust me, I'm going to give you the hour. Okay, But an old friend of the show is in town. I love them dearly and he was giggling. We did an interview and there's a podcast up, there's a blog page up chill. He has it on Links and Guests. It's our old friend, comedian Craig Gas. Craig, good morning, Hey buddy, how are you. I'm doing so great. I'm doing so great. I know you're a huge sports guy. Does that translate to being excited for the Olympics as well? Because this guy goes to World Series, he goes to Super Bowls's, he's hanging out with the Stanley Cup. Are you an Olympic guy too? No?
Speaker 19: You know it's funny you say that. I am excited to watch the World Series rematch this weekend between the astros.
Speaker 1: You're not going to watch any Olympics.
Speaker 19: I'm not a big Olympics guy.
Speaker 15: No, man.
Speaker 19: You know what's weird is I was just thinking about, like, it's weird to come on as myself, because when I've come on your show over the years, I would always come on as Tracy Morgan and Adam Sandler and Jeane Simmons and al Pacino, and we would just build these crazy premises and say, hey, all these brities are going to go see Craig Gas.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I'm sorry I lost you. There you go, Craig. I'm sorry you're there. So, yeah, you were talking just you just cut off for a quick second, but you would. You would build it up with all these celebrities would come in on the show and they would talk about Craig Gass's appearance this weekend. And now it's weird we have we have Craig Gas talking about Craig Gas performing this weekend.
Speaker 19: We Tercy Morgan is here, so it's Tracy listen.
Speaker 1: I'd love to get Tracy Morgan on the line again. We're on live though. Tracy Morgan is not FCC friendly. Sometimes I gotta be careful with Tracy Tracy there.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I'm going to be at the Secret Group with Craig Gas this weekend. You want to see a comedy show, go inside the Secret Group. You want to be in a movie called Men in Fact, come out to the white handy van in the parking.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 19: You know It's weird is people would actually show up wanting to be in a porno when I would say stuff like.
Speaker 1: That, Well, because your voices are so damn convincing. How we started out our interview is we were giggling because we pre recorded an interview this week. We already did a podcast. It's up. I want you to go check it out. Because Craig tells great stories. I call him he giggles. He's like Forrest Gump. He just finds himself in these situations. He's asking Tom Brady a question. He's got all the videos to back this up. He's asking Tom Brady a question on media day before the Super Bowl. He's watching the World Series and Bill Murray is sitting in front of him, you know, and then John Cusack is you know, two feet away from him, and then Eddie Vetter's behind him, and then smashing pumpkins or four rows in front. He's just at the right place at the right time always.
Speaker 19: Since I met you and started doing your show, I've done voices on Family Guy, American Dad. I've done stand up as an opening act for Alison Chain's System of a Down Metallica. I think I had just moved out of Eddie van Halen's house when I was living when I first came on.
Speaker 1: To your Yeah, he was like Kato Kalin to oj. He was living in the back at Eddie van Halen's place, at his compound.
Speaker 19: And so we did an interview.
Speaker 18: Where we just told all these stories.
Speaker 19: But my favorite story right now that's going on there's a prank that we explained on that interview that's being played on Adam Levine right now from Maroon five. It's the craziest thing. The story is that Adam Levine has a guitar that was created by a fan of mine, and he's playing it on stage and he doesn't know that that guitar is covered in penises. It's just there's penises. All the evidence. I have video of him playing the guitar, and then I have a picture of the guitar. It's a bouquet of flowers, but you zoom in, those are not flowers, and it's Look at my Instagram page at Craig Gas Comedy at Craig Gas Comedy with two s's, and you will see the craziest photos of Adam Levine's favorite guitar. And he has no idea that this prank is being played on them right now on tour. So you've got a guitar covered piece.
Speaker 1: You got all these great stories with Craig, And like I said, he's been a friend of the show. He was at the ten year anniversary party, and he's just always constantly messing with people, whether it's his voice or whatever. He's just he's almost Andy Kaufman, like Where's He doesn't care if anybody's in on it, long as he's having a good time. Craig's like that. He will take something and he'll go till the next level where you're all wondering, who is this? What is going on right now? He will prank people like that. It's so funny. The stories are priceless, the voices, how he seamlessly goes in and out. Let's tell everybody again because people can still go see you this weekend. Correct, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 19: Only two shows this time. I'm just doing two shows at the Secret Group. You can go to the Secret Group HTx dot com or go to my website Get gas with two Weses dot com. Get gas with two Westeres dot com. The guy who's opening for me told me that it's been over eight years, and he said, you know the reason why I know it's been over eight years. He said, remember the last time you were here, there was a bikini contest. It wasn't a bikini contest. They were having like a swim suit fashion show in the middle of our comedy show, which I didn't understand at the time. He said, remember our model Meghan And I said I think so, and he goes, she became Meghan the Stallion.
Speaker 20: Oh nice, wow?
Speaker 1: And then speaking of contest, what, Craig, It wasn't a bikini contest.
Speaker 19: It was like it was like a swimsuit fashion show. And I just met this girl, was like, wow, she seems really nice. But Megan, and then he goes, yes, she became famous.
Speaker 1: You are also a former judge on the pre Labor Day Pray to Bikini contest. You've judged that for us in years past.
Speaker 19: I was that was amazing. Yeah, dude, this the shows at Secret Group this weekend are just it's a lot of impressions, uh, because you know, I do voices on a bunch of shows and then a lot of stories about the people who I do impressions of. So if you're a fan of any of the shows I've been on, King of Queen's Family, Guy, Sex, and the City, you will love the show. And please go look at those pictures of Adam Levine's penis guitar that he has no idea is covered in penises at craig Gas Comedy. At Craig Gas Comedy with two.
Speaker 1: S's love you, bro, man, I can't just don't make it as long. Don't make it. Don't make it eight years until you come back and see us. Okay, bro, all right, you got it, Take care, buddy.
Speaker 19: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you, man, I love you. Love you mean it when I say it. All Right, Well, there you go. I wanted to catch up with Craig real quick. I want you guys to go see him this weekend. Chilly has added all the information about going to see Craig this weekend on the blog page that Music means open phones time. I've got to take a break. But guess what.
Speaker 17: Open phones for Friday? Open phones for Friday? More like open phones? Fried yay, Jilly? Line them up man, seven one three two one two five nine four five. Let's fill up these fold lines. Man, what do you guys want to talk about this? Ninety four or five?
Speaker 1: Buzz? Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. All right, free beer Friday now has officially morphed into open phones Friday. I'm gonna make good on that. I'm gonna hit all your phone calls. If you're on hold, I'm coming to you. But first we got to let Alex do.
Speaker 14: His thing online.
Speaker 1: It's Alix online. Then I do what you got.
Speaker 4: It's the opening ceremony today, so we're gonna have Olympics trivia. Wait, nice, go get ready for the Olympic Games. If you're not an anti American and go see how well you remember Olympic.
Speaker 1: Trivia, we'll check it out. If you care to have finished com Hey, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. Okay, open phones, man, there's not a whole lot of rules. Just really just condense your your ideas, your thoughts. What is it that you want to talk about the floor is yours? John apparently does want to talk Olympics. And then let me just set you up. I don't know if he's talking about you, John, but Chili comes out right before this segment. He said, hey, man, just say, you know, everyone's being weird today. Good luck you did say that, but that's what he's telling me.
Speaker 5: You heard him.
Speaker 3: He like pre coach Rod He you know, buzzed in to say, just so you know, don't blame this is gonna get weird.
Speaker 1: Don't blame me for all these nut jobs I'm sending you. Yeah, John, good morning, Good morning. I'm sure he wasn't talking about you. What do you got for open phones?
Speaker 18: The Olympic?
Speaker 1: Okay, talk to me. You want to talk about your excitement level. Let's start there.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 21: I'm not really a big fan of the Olympics, but I am a Wstonian and we do have one of our owns.
Speaker 16: And then two years ago, some bows. She's coming back.
Speaker 12: She's got thirty seven medals.
Speaker 1: Let you have thirty seven medals, Olympic Models.
Speaker 3: Decorated Olympian of all time?
Speaker 1: Is she than Michael Phelps?
Speaker 5: Think? So?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, So yeah, there's that John anything else.
Speaker 18: No, just you know, I'm a Houstonian, so I believe in support our old.
Speaker 3: Alright, bro, thank you still number one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said. Okay, so she does not have thirty seven Olympics thirty seven total medals, like like thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Medals like he has twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she has thirty.
Speaker 3: Seven like like world championships and stuff.
Speaker 19: But not right?
Speaker 1: All right, Corey the goat Hunter.
Speaker 3: Uh, Okay, good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: This is one of the ones where Chili sent everyone's weird today. All right, Corey, good morning.
Speaker 5: What do you got man?
Speaker 28: I just wanted to say, first of all, thank you Generator Supercenter. That thing got us through eight days and no power.
Speaker 5: But I wanted to remind.
Speaker 28: Everybody there's a few things they don't tell you in that brochure. Okay, Number one, a full home generator burns about one hundred bucks a day in natural gas.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 28: Number two, you need to shut it down every day and top the oil off and at least check the level. And for those that don't know, there's a little knob on there, it's not an oil can on there. Some may think that's a water can, but no. Alex that's an oil can you got. You gotta take that off and top it off a little bit sick burn.
Speaker 3: I would pay a billionaire as a generator.
Speaker 1: I would pay one hundred bucks a day than have everything rotting away in my refrigerators and everything. One hundred bucks a day is definitely worth it. I'm getting into that world, Corey. Uh and thank you. That's a nice plug for generator Supercenter dot com. Uh, yeah, I got them coming down. Ty is next up. So far, nobody's been really weird. I don't know what Chili's talking about. Ty, Good morning.
Speaker 19: What's up, Brod.
Speaker 12: I want to tell you about Dragon Vo hot sauce.
Speaker 13: Cool has made veteran own small batch. When you know the chefs Jason string Atwood from Relevant Saints.
Speaker 1: Sure of course I know those guys. As a matter of fact, I'd had that hot sauce before the Relevant Saints guys when they were on hometown for the holidays. Uh, they were marketing geniuses, man T shirts. They were all over the place, but they had hot sauces. They were chefs, they were cooked.
Speaker 12: So check out.
Speaker 13: Dragon Vo were at Bay Area Farmers Market on Sunday and Brogan Mills farmers Market up in the Woodlands on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: So hang on a second, Is there different levels? Am I gonna have to go for tongue replacement therapy after I eat your hot.
Speaker 13: Sauce flavora before heat, brother, oh labor before heat. We want you to taste it and not melt your face off, and remember it because it tasted good.
Speaker 1: Tongue.
Speaker 13: We got everything from mild to wild, greens.
Speaker 18: Sauces to ghost and few soy sauces.
Speaker 19: Everything in between, fruits and all kinds of crazy.
Speaker 13: Flavors bro at the farmers market, and we want to help with some of your charities.
Speaker 19: You've got to propose before you get with.
Speaker 13: Us, and we'll lock you in on something I think you'll like.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ty, thank you very much. I mean I really appreciate that angle too. I do look forward to talking to you about it. Chili calls are awesome today. I don't know what's going on with you. Hey, he's still mad about.
Speaker 3: Wednesday all those emails, Dude.
Speaker 1: Crazy Mic. Okay, maybe this is where it makes a turn, crazy mic open phones, good morning, good morning, buzz family.
Speaker 19: Of course it's going to take a turn.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, Mic. Oh boy, Okay, maybe this is what Chili was talking about. What do you got listen?
Speaker 27: I want to share with the Buzz family. The Baytown Little Theater this weekend and next weekend is having the music Man Musical production at the.
Speaker 19: Lee College Performance Arts Building.
Speaker 1: And I saw the soft opening last night. It was phenomenal.
Speaker 27: Who says the Broadway isn't alive in Baytown, Texas?
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a phenomenal plug. That wasn't weird at all.
Speaker 15: What's Chili going?
Speaker 1: Chilli said? Everybody? Oh, maybe it was Jordan. Okay, Jordan Welch in the machine. Good morning, open phones, dude, Good.
Speaker 12: Morning, brother Rod.
Speaker 1: It's been a while since I talked to y'all. It has been bro, how are you great? I get a little story. What happened yesterday. I'm on a road trip with my god moom uh huh.
Speaker 24: And there's a Bucki's in Springfield, Missouri, believe it or not, And we stopped through there and I was trying to win the Rob Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets with Teresa. Did my saying, left her voicemail all that good stuff. A few minutes later, we're in the checkout line and I get a text from her saying, yeah.
Speaker 28: You're my winner.
Speaker 24: Congrats and I think I think I shared everyone in that store, so I can officially say I will be there partying with y'all.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I've heard from a few other people. Thank you, Jordan, and of course we you know you're You're a big part of certainly big part of Open Phones, and thank you for winning something on this radio station and not you know the Eagle.
Speaker 3: Yes, appreciate exactly that.
Speaker 1: But I've heard from other people that have won from Jeremy and like, hey, dude, guess what I'm going to see you at your party. Jeremy gave me tickets, and everyone's continuing to give away tickets. So everyone on the on the station, all of our co workers, Jeremy, Teresa and Carey giving away tickets and hooking up people, and people are very very happy about it, and I am too. So there's more opportunities than just the Rod Ryan Show to win your way into the twentieth anniversary. What's Chili talking about? That was a great bank of calls, one.
Speaker 3: Of the best we've had.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a few lines. That's another couple of lines. Open seven one three, two, one, two, five, nine four five. Another bank of open phones calls after Papa Roach here on the Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning Rod Ryan's show. It's Papa Road and leave the light on Rob Ryan Show, Open Phones Friday, Chili, why are you trying to scare me? The phone callers have been great so far, and you came on? He said, Hey, man, I don't want you blaming me. I'm just I'm serving them up as they're coming in, good luck, like you was throwing me to the wolves.
Speaker 3: Hey, just giving you the warning. If they would have been bad, you would have been like, well, thank you for warning me.
Speaker 1: You know they were great.
Speaker 3: Today has been one of those days that you don't know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: So I'm just preparing you. All right, Thank you, Chili, thank you.
Speaker 21: Today.
Speaker 1: It's not over yet. Everyone's been great. All these open phoners have been awesome. Today. It's open Phones Friday. Oh there's a friend, Sean who puts together the Blue Draw Car show nerd Tropolis. I'm assumed Sean. I'm assuming that you saw Deadpool and Wolverine three weeks ago.
Speaker 29: Yeah, so good morning to the rod Ryan. Yeah, I have asa for all our movie lovers and Marvel fans out there, as you mentioned Deadpool and Wolverine, a game changing Marble master piece.
Speaker 1: Yes, is now in theater's Rod. It is amazing, and we got to say this before you say anything else. I know that you know how to play this game, so no spoilers. But where are you ranking this movie? What is your rating system?
Speaker 29: Well, one of the reason on the colleague, I want to make sure no one spoils this movie for anybody, because it has tons of laughs, jaw dropping action and that signature already humor. I get five out of five stars.
Speaker 1: It is a masterpiece, Rod, and there's some mind blowing cameos.
Speaker 19: But also leave the little ones at home.
Speaker 1: It's not for the little ones at all, so.
Speaker 29: Enjoy and I have my full review on there Tropolos give.
Speaker 1: Out the website again where people can get.
Speaker 29: The full review the tropolts dot com for that five star review. And also, Rod, we got to lock in that boob drop car show you're just waiting for you, okay, and get it in before that awesome twentieth anniversary celebration hopefully.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I'll see you at that twenty f anniversary show. Thank you Sean so much. Sewan does so much work when it comes to Boob's Rock and he puts together that a car show.
Speaker 3: And he's reviewing all the movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, West Houston Muscle and the celebrities that that guy talks to. Man, it's outrageous. August is next up. Hello August. Hey, how you doing, Dave? I'm doing great man. Welcome to open phones, my friend. Good good.
Speaker 30: Hey A quick question. I missed the morning show yesterday. I don't know if you all had announced how many backpack pictures.
Speaker 1: Did Joe get? Oh hammer pictures?
Speaker 30: Yeah, yeah, hammer pitchers for the backpack.
Speaker 1: They stopped counting at seven hundred.
Speaker 3: I think we did this insane.
Speaker 1: We needed five hundred. August and the Texas Hammer was given us ten dollars for every picture using the hashtag the Texas Hammer. He was giving us ten dollars per person up to five thousand dollars.
Speaker 30: So, oh yeah, I admitted about fifty pictures myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you did. I know you did. What was the name of your business again? That where you guys who are all getting together to do this?
Speaker 30: Selny's plant here and Clearlake.
Speaker 1: So awesome that you. I mean that had to be a lot of like legwork for you, going around and getting pictures of everybody.
Speaker 30: Took less than an hour to run around get you know, fifty pictures and send them over to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had over seven hundred when it was all said and done August so much. Thank you man for helping us out. I really appreciate it. You'll have a good days, say draft, thank you.
Speaker 7: Brother.
Speaker 1: Shay's been on hold Shay, good morning.
Speaker 12: Hey brother, run Hey, how's it doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great, man, I'm doing great. What do you have for open phones today? Shay?
Speaker 21: Well, I wanted to talk about a new album called Congratulations. You're not a Psychical Path. It's uh this band.
Speaker 16: They're really good.
Speaker 21: They're small town band from Usiana, and yeah, I just want to give them a shout out because they're doing their things.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the band.
Speaker 21: They're called Kawhi A.
Speaker 1: Spell it for me because I'm having a hard time.
Speaker 21: Go ahead, Oh, Kay as in Koala, as Apple, w as in Wolverine, I as an Iglu, I as an Igloo, and then as in Apple FMK.
Speaker 1: All right, where'd you find this band?
Speaker 18: Well?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 21: Social media Actually I saw them on TikTok and I was like, dude, they're really gonna go places. So I just want to shout them out, congratulate on their debut album. Congratulations, you're not a psychopath?
Speaker 1: Man. Really good to have fans like that to get on there. This is how that's how we got the whole des Rock things that happen. You know, all the des Rocks fans were calling into the show, and then we had Dez on the show or on open phones. Thank you, Shay, you're you're a great fan. That band's lucky to have you. Jason. Next up, Good morning, Lauren, brother, how you doing awesome? Man? What do you have for open phones? My brother?
Speaker 18: Well, I knew you were talking about Gorilla, so I figured i'd talk about a different kind.
Speaker 3: Of gorilla this morning.
Speaker 1: Sure, what kind of girl would you like to talk about?
Speaker 18: Make a I want to make a shout out to Gorilla. Disc Golf Online actually for all of your disc.
Speaker 12: Golf shopping needs.
Speaker 18: I don't know if you've even heard about the.
Speaker 28: Sport or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I hear from disc golfers all the time. Big push, big push to get disc golf added to the Olympics. I heard all right, So you have a specific business you want to promote.
Speaker 18: Yeah, sir, it's actually my team sponsor Gorilla Disc Golf or it's now actually Gorilla Performance Discs. We actually have five of our own disc line coming out very soon.
Speaker 1: So you are manufacturing your own Frisbees sorry discs.
Speaker 18: Yes, my yes, my team is actually we currently have I believe four diss out and we are working on this one right now.
Speaker 1: It's Big Disc Energy. Yeah, that is that is bro. Give me the website.
Speaker 18: It's just Gorilla disc Golf online.
Speaker 1: Are Is this your main gig? Or is this a side hustle for you? Hoping that it becomes a main hustle.
Speaker 18: Oh, it's definitely a side gig.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Is there a disc called the harambe.
Speaker 12: Uh No, I actually keep trying to get that put in.
Speaker 18: So far, we have a Shango, we have a Lemur, and a silver Bag and now a spider Monkey.
Speaker 1: Good for you, Jason, Good for you, Jason.
Speaker 3: You don't need to buy this stuff Aalanx.
Speaker 1: I want to get out there. I want to I want to play disc golf. I just haven't had a chance to yet. Grant, Grant, I think you're going to wrap this up for us? This is called it gon'na be awesome. What do you got?
Speaker 22: What is going on?
Speaker 8: Brother Roden?
Speaker 12: Sam?
Speaker 1: Something? What you got for us?
Speaker 12: I got a PSA. But first I want to ask you a quick question.
Speaker 1: Anything.
Speaker 12: Do you remember hanging out with me in Magnolia? You came there with the flight, I was the I was a general manager over there at Jailgaters.
Speaker 1: I came in there. Was that when we were doing the Youngling tour? Yes, yeah, I remember Magnolia. Can you smoke in that bar? Is that what it was? I walked in there?
Speaker 12: Yes, you good?
Speaker 19: Okay, So we hung out after it.
Speaker 1: I do remember this grant. I walked in and I opened the door and it was like I got punched in the face. I hadn't smelled that smoking a.
Speaker 3: Bar American Bard the days of past.
Speaker 1: I hadn't smelled that in a long time. And it's like it was just like damn, it punched me in the face. And then it went away, and I was like, it's kind of took me to simpler time. But I remember doing a million shots up there too. Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 12: I do remember my PSA real quick public service down just meant that everybody who listens to Ryan. If you're driving in the rain, turn on your headlights. If you're driving in the rain, do not put on your flashers.
Speaker 1: Although it's not illegal. We we we we've been through this illegal.
Speaker 12: But it drives me nuts.
Speaker 1: Well because you can't tell when people are like maybe changing ways when you have your hazards on. That kind of disables your turn signals. So yeah, I got a couple of those emails this morning as well.
Speaker 3: Grant, Okay, I know Grant's kind. Grant's like, do you remember me? Everyone stopped driving this way because it drives me nuts. We love you, Grant, you are a special man.
Speaker 1: What are you giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 3: They have a pair of passes to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the ticket that everybody wants.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: This is the one that apparently Jordan got in. Teresa hooked him up with tickets this week. All those guys at work here, they all have tickets throughout the day and evening. Here is our chance to get somebody into the hottest, the most Fomo concert anniversary party bash hoodin Annie Throw Down Donnie Brook October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. You want to be in at that party. Listen to us after this break.
Speaker 15: And The rod Ryan Morning Show six Am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. It's been described to me as the moments that everyone's been waiting for. I'm good with that. The rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. Acoustic performances from Shine Down, Sublime Blue October Theory of a Dead Man, xis Not tribute bands members of the Bay Coming Down Okay included that new singer of Sublime maybe you've heard of him, Jacob Nowell, now the lead singer of Sublime. He's going to do a Sublime set unplugged. Okay. You want to be at that party? I know you do. What's the question?
Speaker 3: What should people be excited about?
Speaker 22: And not?
Speaker 1: What should people be excited about? And most of our listeners are not. It's not it's not season one. It's good.
Speaker 3: It's a telling question.
Speaker 1: It's not seeding well with these people. I'm amazed that you guys are I'm amazed that you guys are surprised at it. I'm not shit seven one two one two five.
Speaker 14: He is the Ron Ryan Show, rod Ryan on ninety four five of the buzz.
Speaker 1: A Wrap almost ninety four five in the buzz Evan Essence Bring Me to Life, rod Ryan Show, getting ready to turn you loose for the weekend or rainy weekend at that, I know it's like we'd enough already. I just had enough of this rain. I think I speak for a lot of you that enough is enough already. It looks like our next real chance of getting some sun because it's still partly cloudy with some decent chances of rain on Monday, but the weekend rain forty percent chance of showers today, a lot of you getting rained on right now, eighty percent chance of rain and thunderstorms tomorrow. Tomorrow's kind of a wash, fifty percent chance of scatter with thunderstorms. Good chance of rain on Monday. Could get that sun starting Tuesday, but I miss yeah, I do too, man, I do too. But starting Tuesday through the next weekend, it looks like it's gonna be pretty awesome out there, White Linen next weekend already as we're getting ready to get into August, already.
Speaker 14: Hit it you snouns on for I know the show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 12: La la la la la la.
Speaker 1: All right, come on, make this as painless as possible. Hi, Chase, good morning, Good mornings. How are you so great? So great?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: I worked out that?
Speaker 15: And it is raining?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 19: What part of town you're working in sugar Land today?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 19: Poll over there?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see if we can get you some of these coveted passes for the twentieth anniversary party. Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 3: Tell me what people should be more excited about? And they're not and it's upsetting me. It's ruining my day. But it's not going to ruin this later. Go ahead.
Speaker 19: They should be way more excited about the Olympics. Let's go America.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you USA.
Speaker 1: What's your number one through ten? Chase on excitement through the Olympics. Yeah, yes, all the way.
Speaker 3: I am so glad you're going to be at the twentieth anniversary party. It is my pleasure to give you these passes. So the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party going down at Carbock Brewing. So many amazing performances set and you're going to bring the right ender I can tell.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chase. Oh absolutely, am, thank you all so much. It's the Uh, it's true. It's the hottest ticket in town right now. There's only been a handful of tickets given away. We're gonna have to step it up if we're gonna put two thousand and two thousand plus in there. But Chase, you are in have a great weekend, man, and uh.
Speaker 22: Go Usa yeah, o Usa ya. We used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell. I got a fever and the only prescription it's moll.
Speaker 1: Cow bell, that cow bell. Other John turned Oscar into other Oscar when he beat him in three questions. Uh, no one knew what a dirty martini was this morning. That was kind of funny. Yeah, weird games, It's all right, it's weird. We're all weirdos together. That's why we come together. That's why we've made this thing work, all of us weirdos coming together for twenty years in the morning between six and ten. Of course we're weird. Okay. So Other John's going to be back on with us on Mondays. He's going to be going for win number two. Open phones Chili. Everybody was fine, great though, everybody was great. Thank you Specs for the free beer National Aunt and Uncle Day today. Shout out to the importance of dance and uncles. I'm seeing it firsthand. Our Olympic poll. Just skip it. I don't want to upset anybody anymore. Nobody cares. Nobody cares about the Olympics. All right, I do I do the suburb of Summer Sizzler. So alex I guess you got to put it in a couple of songs. Yeah, good thing.
Speaker 3: I have backups, guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, we played that first clip and neither one of those guys said anything. It was like a Mexican standoff. So so who was it? Alexander didn't do it, Joe got it done. So Joe's advancing in the tournament. All right, I think Chili might we have the games pre arranged now for next week. We're gonna continue with the Sizzler. You just got to be there for it. Sign up if you want to play the suburb of Summer Sizzlers show Federal Credit Union offering up six thousand dollars. All right. On Monday, Katie takes on League City. Of course, we'll play the Texas Hammer Game. We'll announce our next fun thing that we're gonna do for the rod Ryan Shokeres Foundation. But listen, we were so busy today. I'm wearing the most popular shirt in the store. I'm wearing it today, Chilly took a picture, and I'm live on all the different social media's right now. I need you in that store today. I need you. Only three of you made purchases. I went to go look. Three people bought things in the store or made donations. I need at least three times that today. We're not going to hit our number. I'm just it's a big ask, I know, but it's payday for some of you. I need you in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. If you can drop twenty bucks in there, I'd love you forever. I already do, but I'd love even more forever. Okay, the rod Ryan Show Cares store, please, especially if you got paid today. There's a new past the gravy that went up just yesterday. So opening ceremonies, NBC, you're not working during all the Olympics.
Speaker 3: We're preempted. We're like shooting. We're going out and shooting different stories to get them stacked for when we come.
Speaker 1: Back, gotcha? Okay, NonStop Nooner is coming up with Jeremy more twentieth anniversary passes from Teresa, Jeremy and Carolee. That's it, guys, have an awesome weekend. We're back with you on Monday. Who's got six picks?
Speaker 3: Alex?
Speaker 1: Alex looks like it. Yeah, Tessa was the last one to do it. Six picks for Alex. Yeah on Monday. Can't wait. Have an awesome weekend, everybody, am F Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 17: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast checking out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.