Speaker 1: Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday. Yes it's that day and I'm here with you. How about that? So here we go sixty two child, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, uncensored, unfiltered, fun, hinged. It's the Cuell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 1: It is the cral Cast. I am Carell. Happy Thursday, November seventh, the day of my birth, nineteen sixty two. What a year it was. The Cuban missile crisis had just ended, and out I popped. Actually I was a c section because I was so gay that even back then I knew I didn't want to go near a vagina. Uh so that's so not true. I've probably slept with more women than most of my straight male listeners. Actually, hey, the late seventies, early eighties it was fun. So why am I here today? When I said yesterday I wasn't going to be here a couple reasons. First of all, I realized there's no one I'd rather be with on my birthday than you guys. And that's the truth. That's really the truth. I don't have any plans today, no lunch or dinner plans. No friends have said I'm gonna take you here or there. I know it sounds kind of pathetic, and in a way it kind of is. But you know, Ember is here with me, and I still got my house, and you know, so there's the bright side, things to be grateful for, and an important lesson that Andrew Howard taught me, which was back in the days of KFI, we were very popular. My birthday fell on a Wednesday, and I invited a lot of people from work and stuff and friends, and Emily Johnson and den Zamorrow were the only two to show up, and so I tried to have a good time, but being me in my thirties, was but hurt. It's like, no one should up for my birthday, you know. So I go to bed with Andrew that night and his back is to me, and I'm thinking, well, this ain't a good way to end a birthday. And he turns over and he says, I'm a little pissed. And I said, what are you mad at? You know, it's my birthday. Why are you mad? And he said, because it wasn't enough for you. Me, Emily Dan being here celebrating with you, that wasn't enough for you. You needed more and you know what someday you'll wish that you had me and Emily and Dan to celebrate your birthday with. Well, a little bastard was right, and today is the day. And there have been other days where I wished that I had three or four friends to be in here and celebrate with. So it's an important lesson in gratitude. And so today I'm very grateful to be alive, to be sixty two and relatively healthy. I am grateful that Ember is here with me. Yet again, she turns now this year, so I'm not taking that for granted. Certainly, I'm grateful that many listeners have sent money, and I have enough to take myself out to a very nice lunch or dinner if I want to. I'm very grateful that friends and family have texted. That's the new communication, I guess. So they have texted, so I am not alone. There might come a day where I don't get any text messages, but today I got many and many happy wishes from you, Randy, Rachel, Sibille, so many of you, Sid Castro, I could go down the line there, Mike, and just many of you who have sent text Tracy, other people on Instagram, other listeners who have been with me for a decade or more and feel like I'm part of the family, and I am why I'm here today. So, you know, birthdays for me, I don't know about you, but birthdays for me are the start of my year. They're my new year. See December thirty one January one, that's the Gregorian calendar New Year, that's the new year that Julius Caesar wanted us to have. But I believe that your birthday, and this is why it's kind of pathetic I'm alone today because all of my friends know that to me, my birthday is the most important holiday of the year, and your birthday should be your most important holiday of the year. It's the day we celebrate you, your life, your existence, your being, and it's your new year. Okay, this is your new year, you know. Sixty two years ago, at this moment, I was you know, a few hours old, seven months and a few hours because I was a seven month baby. And as the start of my new year. For instance, next week, I have my physical need to have one once a year. I have mine around my birthday. Ember has her labs on Saturday and her appointment on Monday. It's her month as well. Her birthday is November fifteenth, and so she'll be having her physical And I also reset my goals on my birthday. I don't do New Year's resolutions. I actually do that on my birthday. And I think you should too. And I have to tell you what's happened in America is remarkably liberating for me. And you're gonna be like, what, But I'm telling you the results of the election are ultimately very liberating for me. And let me tell you why. You know, many many years ago, I saw the true face of America. In nineteen seventy six, when I was fourteen years old in Long Beach, California, I realized I was gay. Now, I still went ahead and had a girlfriend and tried to do all the things that a straight kid should do just to try to fit in. But I knew in my heart I liked men, and at fourteen, I was already fooling around with adult men. Now, whether you frown at that or whatever, oh well, I was fourteen, I was in junior high school, thought I was grown, and I ended up having a lot of sex in bathrooms. That's when I in nineteen seventy six, when I was gay, and there's a whole book about the importance of tea rooms. They're called I had sex at Cherry Park and granad a lot, almost every day, and usually in the bathroom, and usually with an older man. Was that statutory rape technically, yeah, but you know that was I'm just being honest with y'all. That's what I did. And as someone who knew they were different and gay, I saw the face of America. Even back then, the seventies and eighties might have been a little more free wheeling and free loving and all of that, but the moment that Aids appeared, that all changed, and hating gays again became very fashionable. And so I have seen how a government and a country cannot only turn its back on a community but allow it to die with impunity and just say things like it's only gay people that are dying, it's just fags that get it. I heard all of that in the eighties, early eighties, okay, and even before that. When I was eighteen years old in nineteen eighty and I started to go out socially, I saw the ugliness heaped up on the gay community every single day by good god fearing Christian white Americans and Black Americans and just about everybody in between. And back then, I didn't want to believe that that was the majority of America. In my heart, I said, no, this is just haters. Everyone's gonna have haters. This is not how America feels as a whole. Then Andrew and I got our jobs at KFI in the late nineties, and in between that point, I was an out, proud gay entertainer, and I learned. I learned something very valuable, which this election has reminded me of, which is why, in a way, on this my birthday, it is very liberating to be here and talk to you about it. What is it that I learned, and what is it this election has amplified for me? And why is that liberating? I'll tell you in just a minute, all right, I am, of course, Carrell, and thank you so much for being here with me today and every day. A lot of people are losing subscribers, David Pacman, Stephanie Miller, Tom Hartman, a lot of you are tuning out. I'm glad that some of you are still here with me to too me. And you're tuning out because you're tired, You're exhausted. You don't think that you've made a change. We're going to talk about that. Don't go anywhere. Want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corell channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrell dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm in the chatroom at YouTube dot com, forward slash really Carrel thanking James snabel and and Randy Rainbow for their wonderful Randy Radar for their wonderful, wonderful birthday gifts that they sent me. Thank you very much. Some of you sent cards to my eight five five zero West Desert End Road Unit one O two five oh five Las Vegas eight nine one one seven address. Thank you very much. The bill a thank you for the fifty dollars money order. Uh so, yeah, No, lots to be grateful for. And the fact that I made it to sixty two. And as I just was telling you, so many of my friends, including my husband died before forty, some of them before thirty because of AIDS. So this election was fair. I know a lot of you don't want to believe that it was fair, but it was fair. Seventy seven million people turned out for Trump, sixty six for Harris. If every voter that voted for Biden had turned out for Trump or for Harris, Kamala would have won. But they didn't. They stayed home, sat on their hands, did whatever. And so now a very very ugly part of American history is about to happen, probably the ugliest in our two hundred and forty eight years. They're going to gut education even more because they liked stupid people. If you looked at the exit polling data, do you know that a majority of people that voted for Donald Trump did not graduate high school or have no college at all? None? Do you know a majority are white? Sixty plus percent are white. They're white, and by the numbers, they're uneducated. In fact, the dummer you are, the more you vote for t Trump. And I just mean by the numbers, how much time you spent in school, how much time you know what your job is? So uneducated? Seventy seven million under educated people voted for Donald Trump. Meanwhile, the more educated people, the people that vote blue. This now, this has proven statistically. You can get mad at me for this, but if you vote read you have a lower IQ than people who don't. It's just a statistic. And so on this birthday, and I told you it's the day that I reset my year, that I look ahead, I have to tell you I'm kind of liberated because guess what, America has shown its faith and you guys don't want to believe it. You're all in shock and grief and you're all just in despair. Listen, bitches, I've been dealing with these people since I was fourteen years old. Okay, ain't none of this new? Y'all are acting like Maga and all this hatred and all this ignorance and stupidity is new. Well that means you ain't been gay, black, brown, Asian, a woman, You ain't been a minority in America. Because if you have been a minority in America, you know that this shit ain't new. These people have been there and they've been evil, and they've been doing evil, they just haven't been doing it to you. So now we have all these shocked Democrats that the American people would vote for a criminal, that they would vote for a white supremist who is anti gay, anti woman, anti trans. Oh, they're just shocked that seventy seven million of them would show up. I ain't. These people's hatred has all always been there and always been pointed at me, okay always as my entire life, this country has made me feel like I don't belong And what are they gonna do? What is Trump gonna do to me? Take away same sex marriage? Well, A, no one wants to marry me, and b there are other states where it's legal and other countries. So if once again my whole life. I didn't have same sex marriage in my life until my late forties, Andrew and I couldn't get married, but I had a husband, just couldn't be a husband under the law, but he was every bit my husband. Trust me on that. What is he gonna do? Make it legal to fire me for being gay? It's still legal in many states to fire me for being gay. It was It was legal my whole life to fire me for being gay. So take your best shot, Donald, What's he gonna do? Make it a crime to be gay? Tautomy laws just were changed in the early two thousands. It's been illegal to have gay sex my whole life. Ain't stop me from having it. So what exactly, Oh, well, they're not gonna teach slavery or diversity in schools. They didn't teach diversity in my school. None of the stories I read were about black people, and yet I am the least prejudiced, most informed on black issues that there are. They certainly didn't teach about famous gay people and their accomplishments. And yet Andrew and I wanted to start a Walk of Pride for that very reason to because I know who they are. I spread the word about, you know, people like Michaelangelo or Aristotle or whoever. So what exactly are these ugly, horrible people gonna do the same thing they've always done. They're just gonna do it now with a mandate from the government, but they already have. I had to watch George W. Bush stand on television and say he wanted to add a constitutional amendment to make marriage between a man and a woman. He wanted to amend away my right to ever get married, and the country backed him up. So y'all seemed shocked and appalled at the amount of racism and the amount of home of No, this country has always shown you who it was. No one wanted to believe it. Abraham Lincoln didn't want to believe that after the Civil War we would stay just as divided. He wanted to think the wounds would healed, families would go back together. He was wrong. He was wrong to save the Union. There I said it. Abraham Lincoln was wrong. We should have split back then. We should not have been the United States because we're not united, because there are a group of people about twenty four percent, because that's how many voted for Trump, so about one quarter of the country is still these evangelical, puritan white racist bigots who are so afraid that white people are going to lose control, they would put a criminal in the Oval office. That ain't a shock to me. That ain't a surprise to me. If it's a surprise to anyone, you ain't been paying attention, or you ain't been gay or buy or trans, or black or brown or yellow, you ain't been an atheist. This country is a vile and disgusting country in many many ways, and we try to get out of it. We've never made slavery writ Ever, we have never owned up to that original sin. Ever, we have never made it right with the Native Americans, ever, the genocide that we did to them, shoving them on the worst pieces of property in the country, not living up to our financial agreements with them. We have sinned against so many that you're shocked when America shows its true face. But now I have a liberating question for you. Now that you've seen the true face of America, what do you don't do about it? Now that you know what I know about the country, that it is a majority, well carell seventy six percent of the people didn't vote for Trump. They didn't stop him. You know all these questions at the park. There's a woman named Linda, and she claims to be my friend. She even texts me things. She voted for Trump. If you're gay and someone you know voted for Trump, they're not your friends and they're not your allies. That's simple. If you're a woman and someone you know voted for him, they're not your friends. They're not I don't care what they say. They're not your friends. Friends. Don't vote for people that want to do away with other people. Hey, Carrel here and i'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cap, then please go to patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward slash, Really Correl. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash, really Correl. Thanks for almost thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. So on this birthday, as I think about the year ahead, what am I gonna do? Well? I am going to change the show a little because progressive talk shows are losing audience left and right over the last few days. I think many of you feel there's no point it. Just why listen to it? It doesn't matter a lot of my friends are like, I'm just gonna listen to music. I'm gonna read books. People are getting off social media. I'm off of it. I don't want to read threads. I don't want to read any of it, Instagram, none of it. I just don't want to see it. And I don't think you guys do either. So standing here every day and doing politics and going work, so we are going to change the tone of the show and the things that we cover and how we cover them. And I'm looking forward to that. You know, yesterday I had a conversation with Steve and a couple other friends and they were like, I want to go back to being who I was before Donald Trump. And I said, you know, I do too, and they said, yeah, before Andrew died, you could care less about politics. You were all about music, entertainment, Oscar, Emmy, Grammy, Tony, new record releases, new movie releases, new television shows, and pop culture. You were like the Queen of pop culture, like what was going on out in pop culture that people wanted to talk about. And then Andrew died and suddenly you became very political. And maybe it's because I felt that I had to fill his shoes or whatever because he was the political beast, or maybe that part of him just went into me. But I want out of that. I don't want to follow. It doesn't matter. We had Joe Biden for four years in Washington, d C. Thing exponentially better for gays in this country. No, did women gain or lose rights under Joe Biden lost them. You know, I vote Democratic and I'm glad when Democrats win, but Bill Clinton don't ask, don't tell, and the defense of Marriagjack came out of that Democratic regime. So to me, it really doesn't matter who the president is because under Democrat presidents there's been horrible gay stuff done, and under you know, and or just no stuff done. Yeah, Biden met with gays and he made a few laws that were ceremonial. Did he make sure that Congress enshrined same sex marriage as a law? Nope, No, didn't didn't even push for it, just left the Supreme Court ruling as that and didn't push for that law. Democrats have had the House and Senate many times with a Democratic president like under Obama, did they enshrine Roe v. Wade back then?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: And you'll give me a million reasons why they couldn't do it. Oh, there were too many political oppositions, there was too much. They couldn't break the filibuster. Oh yeah. Excuses are like assholes. Everyone's got them in summer, bigger than others. You know, all I ever hear from people are excuses why they can't help gay people. It's all I ever hear. Oh, well, and now is not the time. Oh we don't have the votes. Oh this, oh that still. In other words, there's never a good time to help gay people. Is that the idea all women have ever heard their whole lives is why someone can't help them. Oh, we can't make Roe v. Wade to national law. Oh we can't do that. We can't do that. We can't actually make sure that you're paid as much money as your male counterparts. It's a slow process. I'm sixty two. I don't ask of today. I don't have time to wait for the process. It's very liberating. I almost feel like I don't have a country like I have a state or a series of states. I'm not an American, really, I guess I'm a Californian, or a Massachuset, or an Oregonian or a Washingtonian. I'm not an American because America's face is the faced ages showed at this election, because the face we always show. Even when Democrats win, we still give the other side some of the things they want. So, you know what, let Washington be wht Let Trump dismantle it all, tear it all down. Let him destroy the Department of Education. I don't have any kids in school, truly, let them destroy the EPA. We're not gonna stop climate change in my lifetime, and it's gonna get exponentially worse. That's just that that ship has sailed. We're going to die in record numbers from climate change. Article today just said the drought in the West definitely attributed to climate change. Well, no shit. And Biden didn't make huge steps on climate change. He didn't put an end to fossil fuel, which is what needs to be done. He didn't reduce our meat consumption by fifty to eighty percent, which needs to be done. There's not a high speed rail going all across the country in every state. Everything which needs to be done, there's been no great They're touting this high speed train from Vegas to California as part of their infrastructure win. What do you mean it's gonna stop in Rancho Cucamonga, it's not even going to LA. It's gonna be four hundred dollars round trip, so no one's gonna ride it. So what great accomplishment is that now they're building a high speed rail from LA to San Francisco. We should have had that thirty years ago. But what we have excuses. So there comes a time where you have to look at a country and say, do I really believe the face you're showing? I do. I believe this is the new face of America. I believe this is what America wants to be. And if you're not that, then you need to get out of America. You either need to move out or encourage California, Washington, Oregon, Massachusetts, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, encourage all the Blue states to bind together and leave. We gotta stop acting like America is gonna one day turn into this great place for minorities and immigrants and women. It's not ever, it never has been that place. It's never going to be. Why the South and the Midwest and all the ignorant people. There's too many ignorant people in this country for it to be the country that it wants. So looking forward for the next year, I'm gonna you know what, I don't care the I don't care. The world is doomed from climate change. I'm not going to see it. Your kids will, your grandkids will. They're screwed. Accept that they're screwed. Accept that he's going to dismantle the Department of Education because they don't want educated people. Accept that if you've got kids and grandkids, homeschool them if you want them to learn something, And accept that as a woman, or a gay person, or a black person or a Hispanic person, you are never going to be equal in this country over the next fifty years. It's not going to happen. So act accordingly. Move to a state where you are equal, where your rights are protected, or move to a country where they are. But stop expecting the United States to turn into a nice, friendly, kind, hospitable place. It never has been in my lifetime, and it's not going to be in my lifetime. For God's sakes. We don't even stop people from killing kids with guns. We encourage it. We make a society that fosters mass shootings. We're not a great country. We have some great states, we do. We have some great states with some great people in those states, but as a country as a whole, we're not that great. We support genocide, you know in Israel. We support the Israeli genocide that they're doing against the Gossens. Throughout our history as a country, we've supported a lot of bad things. In order for us to make America great again, we'd have to make it great first, and they don't want to. And if you want to, you're in the wrong country. Either start, we need to start our own, secede from those people, or just acknowledge that as long we have those people in our mix, we will never achieve what we want. So this year for me about leaving stuff in the past and moving forward. I am corel be who you want to be, fun to hurt anybody. Happy birthday to you an your birthday, it's my birthday today. Happy birthday to everyone out there in November. November. I love you and I'll see you on Monday, much kid.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Kids, it's broadcasting from a completely different point of view, yours.
Speaker 2: Listen daily to the.
Speaker 3: Corel Cast done. Your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view, yours. Listen daily to the corel cast done. Your favorite streaming service.