Speaker 1: Let's get this party started. Oh hold on, oh boy, I got to take off the sweater. Yeah, bound, But I wanted to show you this new weird dress.
Speaker 2: I don't know thoughts. It's red and it's got big flowers on it. It's long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's supposed to have bows right here, but they were too big in my hair.
Speaker 3: You look like a fifties housewife.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't like a desperate housewife.
Speaker 2: I don't mind that.
Speaker 1: It's nice and bright. Guess where I got it? You don't have to guess, you know, of course?
Speaker 2: Did you? Actually?
Speaker 3: I did stop shopping there.
Speaker 2: Well, it's hard when you know.
Speaker 1: What I've stopped doing is I've stopped falling for their tricks clearly. Not.
Speaker 2: No, No, their tricks are.
Speaker 1: We will give you one hundred and thirty dollars free credit if you spend this wheel and then it always ends up on like one hundred percent credit or something. If you buy three things, you'll get one hundred dollars that you can use anytime.
Speaker 2: No, you have to jump through all these hoops.
Speaker 1: You end up buying like three hundred dollars worth of stuff and you get nothing. So I fell for it again. I didn't spend that much. Don't worry, I didn't spend that much.
Speaker 3: I don't just uninstall the app to yourself, all right, I know you'll save a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me wait till the rest of my products around.
Speaker 4: Until Christmas, when we know Christmas.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that I will reinstall it for the team of Christmas.
Speaker 2: Anyway, welcome to May. Everybody, say go tomorrow.
Speaker 4: You can't believe it's already May.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it was a crazy syncod to my own weekend. According to Marie, who has a restaurant in Old Town, Oh I loved dad.
Speaker 2: It was and it.
Speaker 1: Was insane, although she said it was not as crazy in previous years. Two things, people don't have expendable money like they used to. Number one and number two. There was a party downtown. There was a party in Carl's ben. There was a party in Vista like there were like, oh yeah, there were parties everywhere. So old Town wasn't the only place to go this time. But anyway, happy sinko tomayo. Hope you had a great weekend celebrating full three days of celebrations if you count today, and uh, we're going to start the show picking up where we left off as far as let me set, let me set the stage in care Let.
Speaker 4: Me tell you. I was in LA all weekend. You were radio silent. I did talk to you, but you didn't tell me anything about.
Speaker 2: You know why. I don't mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I like to save it for the podcast, to get your genuine react.
Speaker 4: Well, I know you do.
Speaker 1: You hate it so much, and I understand, but this is showbiz. Don't roll your eyse Brian. Okay, okay, So all right, Friday night a week ago, the boys at being in my roommate went out on the town University Heights. We had some dinner and then we went to a bar, slash dance place, club, whatever you want to call it. I think they served you. It's called rec parks and rec parking. It's a University Heights and the goal was to find me and or Marie a guy and hopefully exchange phone numbers. And you two guys were supposed to help us be our wingman.
Speaker 3: I help you.
Speaker 2: You did? Did you?
Speaker 3: The only reason that you got a phone numbers because you followed my advice?
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: So I was gonna go up to guys and tell me or my daughter.
Speaker 1: In essence, you guys didn't like really go in and talk to the men, but you guided us.
Speaker 3: You guided us, wanted us to do just a quick recap.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know what I'm doing. I'ven't been out there in so long.
Speaker 3: Because if we had gone and preemptively talked to the men who you planned on asking out, you would have gotten zero numbers. It would have been a door you have gotten number negative numbers.
Speaker 2: It would have been just like, who is this chick?
Speaker 3: She's right your wanted you to talk to me first, But you.
Speaker 1: Guys gave us advice on some and some guys that we did see and were possibly interested in, and we took your advice.
Speaker 2: And please note that for some.
Speaker 1: Reason, that particular night was like high school dance night, because it looked like everybody in that place was twenty one and.
Speaker 3: Under san Diego too.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: You told me that last time you went there, it was it was a definite mix of ages.
Speaker 2: This night not so much.
Speaker 1: So. I found one guy I thought was handsome, and I just decided to go for it. We read that we told the story last week. We read the initial text messages I gave him my phone number, and within five minutes, as we were walking back to the car, he texted me and then we just had this just very light, nothing like sexy, nothing, you know, just very basic conversations.
Speaker 2: Then we talked about it on the show. Then Eric sends a text on my phone.
Speaker 4: Well we have to back up that. Oh god, I read your texts out loud, I know, and it sounded like Minnie Pearl was texting her grandson.
Speaker 2: Being a mom. I can't help, Yes, you can.
Speaker 4: I think the most cringe worthy one was where you were like, what would you like?
Speaker 2: Where do you see yourself in two years? Hey, I like, I'm curious about people.
Speaker 3: You don't have to ask it, like he's your grandson, though.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I like helping people, Like I want to guide him maybe if he needs No.
Speaker 4: No, you said that stuff about his smile lit up the neighborhood or whatever.
Speaker 2: Cringe all the way around. Then Eric decides he's going to take the reins.
Speaker 3: We all degree agreed on a text and he almost ruined it. But it was fine.
Speaker 2: He did ruin it.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's serviceable, but it could have been better.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, let's let's think about this, let me read it. Wait the text message Eric sent, which said good evening with an exclamation.
Speaker 3: Point, I really like to see you again.
Speaker 2: Okay, the good evening wasn't bad.
Speaker 4: Well, I had to keep it going.
Speaker 3: Okay, Laura, you can't judge too far. Yeah, the text immediately prior to that was good for you, ambitious, I like people like you. Are you going to school for it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The question mark is the exclamation mark, So I don't want to hear too much from me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Grandma moses.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm the only person here that knows how I send a text is.
Speaker 2: An allow So that was sent?
Speaker 1: What? No, that was sent Monday, Monday? Now his he did respond. He did respond. Now I've sent Brian the continued conversation, and I want you to read to me the days that these came in real quick.
Speaker 3: Is this the last you guys talked?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh so it's over.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I need your advice on this, so please start with Eric's, then.
Speaker 2: Go to his, then go to mine.
Speaker 1: Okay, So on Monday, and wait, I have to preface this by saying I did something I knew I shouldn't have done. I think I know what you mean because little miss Marie was sitting here on this couch and I was sitting on that couch when a text came in and we discussed a possible response, and I took her advice. I would have never said this one thing, and I think it. I think it ruined everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's a lot of things that oh my god. So here we go, we'll break down to it. So it started with her saying good or us saying good evening, I would like to see you again. So the next day, exactly like twenty four hours later, he texts, I am so sorry love, Yes, I want to see you again too. My apologies for the late response. Sometimes when I'm locked in, I don't even check my phone or it's on focus mode. How was your day?
Speaker 2: What does that mean? Like when he's just like.
Speaker 3: Well, focus mode means you turn your turn off notifications basically.
Speaker 1: So he doesn't wanted a chill day where no one's bugging him or working.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, it's a day later.
Speaker 3: It's not that I don't I hate when people say when I'm locked in, so that's a little cringey.
Speaker 4: But okay, is this where it gets worse?
Speaker 1: This is the this is what Marie and I crafted together.
Speaker 2: And I hate myself and I think he hates me too. Okay, And when was this scent?
Speaker 3: This was Wednesday?
Speaker 2: So I waited. Oh I waited.
Speaker 3: Uh, you waited until the next morning.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: Yesterday was great. I had the day off, so I went to the beach and soaked up the sunshine in my new bikini. It was so pretty today. Back to work? How about you? What did you do yesterday?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: In my new bikini was Marie's advice, because she said I should spice it up a teeny tiny bit. And then she she said, why don't you say like you were in the sun in your new bikini so he could like visualize that. I'm like, oh my god, that's not something I would say, but okay.
Speaker 2: And I did it. Anyway. That was Wednesday. It is Monday. No word back crickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably it.
Speaker 1: Then, So what killed it? The whole thing all together? Probably tire the entirety of the text stream.
Speaker 4: I have to say it that was or.
Speaker 2: The bikini thing or the good evening thing.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the good evening thing?
Speaker 2: What killed this whole thing?
Speaker 1: Because he was still up for seeing me even after the where are you going to be in two years?
Speaker 3: Well, he says that I don't know if that's what he actually meant.
Speaker 2: We should call him. You will call him?
Speaker 4: No, why are you crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Just just to discuss.
Speaker 3: No, that's crazy time, that's what crazy excess do? You don't call so they don't when they go to you.
Speaker 2: I want to Okay, listen, hear me out, and just hear me out. Okay, it's an idea.
Speaker 3: Answer though it is going to be No, regardless of what you say.
Speaker 2: Obviously, this thing with the twenty nine year old is dead.
Speaker 3: Probably Okay.
Speaker 2: I would like to talk to him. He seemed like Listen, he seemed.
Speaker 1: Like a really cool guy, and I wanted I want to explain to him what we're doing.
Speaker 2: No, no, stop, And I want to say to him what I need to get better at this? Help me? Like, what is it that made you not want to see me?
Speaker 3: No, that's so weird.
Speaker 4: That is so weird.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't have time to explain this to you because I don't think there's enough time. Just take our word for on this one. That is a terrible idea.
Speaker 4: That's the worst idea.
Speaker 3: That's so ever, it's so weird.
Speaker 4: What do you guys think.
Speaker 3: If I ghost like someone? Would you, guys, that's horrific.
Speaker 2: If I told him the truth.
Speaker 4: No, you would look like a total psychopath about why it was out in the first place. No, you would look like a psychopath.
Speaker 3: You're you gonna tell him sorry, I did it for my podcast.
Speaker 2: You guys, that's weird.
Speaker 3: That's even what makes you look lamer.
Speaker 2: Tell me if you think I should.
Speaker 4: Call him, tell Laura.
Speaker 3: You're not calling him.
Speaker 4: Tell Laura.
Speaker 3: No, if you call him, I'm quitting.
Speaker 4: Oh oh me too.
Speaker 3: Ultimatum.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's that.
Speaker 4: That is crazy.
Speaker 3: No, not anymore, because you guys are texting. He goes to and.
Speaker 1: I accept that, you don't You don't you know? Because I want to know how I can be better in the future.
Speaker 2: For someone.
Speaker 3: Don't ask for feedback from someone that goes to don't do it?
Speaker 2: Who says don't do it?
Speaker 3: Everybody?
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 2: The guy is young, so maybe he'll be okay with it. No, all right, okay, look listen, you.
Speaker 4: Will sit on your head.
Speaker 2: You're just on my head and Brian's to quit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am young. I'm not super forward like Marie, is I understand how the game works. He aghosted you. If he doesn't text you back, sorry, bummer, try again. That's it.
Speaker 1: Did the soaking up the son of my new bikini killing it, or or the two year where do you see yourself in two years?
Speaker 3: That was not good. The thing okay, the soaking up in your bikini like it had the right idea, but it just came across as a grandma. Well, I don't know about that. It came off very fakeers.
Speaker 4: I've got my wider bag and I met the beach in the shadow end.
Speaker 1: When she gets home, we're having another chat with her, I know, And I'm going to bring her up here because she needs texting one on one skill.
Speaker 3: Everybody here how to get it?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess in France, men are very forward and women are accepting of that and like so when you like go on a date and you hit it off, you are together right away. And men in France are very romantic and they will let you know, you know, like they'll come on to you like they have They're very bold. So maybe she just has a different obviously culturals, and it's not working for me.
Speaker 4: Yep, somebody Matt says, don't do it, Matt.
Speaker 1: Okay, if Matt says don't do it, I won't do it. Crazy And then Brian, I don't want you to quit because that would be really sad over this whole stupid thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, I wouldn't actually quit, but that's like I mean, I know that you would do it with good intentions, but that.
Speaker 4: Is psychopath behavior, it really is. But he'd probably put your picture up at the bar and say.
Speaker 3: No one's mind has ever been changed after ghosting someone by them came.
Speaker 2: I don't really want I don't want to change his mind.
Speaker 1: I know he's done, but I feel like I could gain valuable insight.
Speaker 3: Ghosting means I don't want to talk anymore, but I want to know why. You'll never know. That's why I.
Speaker 2: Need answers. I am a journalist.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm okay, journalist whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, So on that note, I thought i'd look up what are the dating trends of twenty twenty five? What do I need to be prepared for if what Marie and I discussed this weekend is going to come to pass, which means to be prepared for We're going on a dating website what colossal disappointment.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, good, A lot of people.
Speaker 1: There's a friend of mine named Amy who went through a lot of frogs on.
Speaker 2: Bumble hinge, plenty of fish whatever.
Speaker 1: And then one day she was driving to this next day and she called her friends, I do not want to go. Please give me any excuse, and the friend said, just go.
Speaker 2: She got out of the car, she saw them and she goes, He's the one. So it works. And they've been together for like three years and they're totally in love. So these do work.
Speaker 3: The work I know hinges, I know have I know the most people who've gotten married from him?
Speaker 2: Hinge? Yeah, okay, hinge, so hinge? Is it real quick?
Speaker 3: I do have bad news. We have to have a short short show.
Speaker 2: Oh no, my thing's going to restart? Yeah, how and how long?
Speaker 3: Seven minutes? It'll be about a little under half an hour show.
Speaker 1: Well, dude, we won't Okay, do you want to?
Speaker 2: Okay, why don't you do? You have double D.
Speaker 3: Let's let's do dating and we'll keep it on topic and then we'll do we'll.
Speaker 4: Do the double D next week.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty five, dating is expected to be more intentional focused on authentic connections and prioritizing shared interests and passions.
Speaker 2: Loud looking have you heard of this term?
Speaker 3: Is that like really obvious like gaze?
Speaker 1: No, This is when people are more transparent and vocal about their dating preferences. It's also a key trend, so just be up front. Hey, I'm a chick, I'm divorced, I've got two grown kids. I was in rehab. They're all on the table.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait the rehab part, keep yourself everything else you can be vocals okay.
Speaker 1: And then there's intentional dating, where people are dating for a purpose, for a mind for a more mindful communication, and seeking relationships that align with their values. So intentional dating really really getting into it authenticity and transparency, prioritizing genuine connections, and being more open about needs and preferences, shared interests and passions.
Speaker 2: That's obvious. Soft dating.
Speaker 1: This trend emphasizes organic connections and moving away from rigid timelines and expectations. So maybe that's what I'm doing with Derek. Am I soft dating?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think.
Speaker 3: No, you were just sending awkward messages to nothing dating.
Speaker 1: What about flex dating short low stake meetups? Like grabbing a smoothie or working out together are becoming popular, offering a less pressure approach to dating.
Speaker 3: I think that's good if you've already had big dates. Those are good to fill the gaps between big dates. Otherwise, don't recommend.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of micromance?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Focus on small, constant efforts in a relationship to build trust and affection. And then AI matchmakers. AI tools are increasingly used to personalize matchmaking and analyze compatibility. Maybe I should go to GBT chat check GBT and figure it out and they can write out my little summary for me on my un hinge Now minimalist dating, prioritizing fewer but more meaningful connections over endless swiping.
Speaker 3: These are so many words just to describe the same dating process I feel like and.
Speaker 1: Dating rapped with w Warpped reflecting on the past year's dating experience, inspired by Spotify's rapped feature What's that?
Speaker 3: That's where it gives you a rundown of all the music you listen to.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so these are some of the dating I don't know. I'm just gonna the next step and I promised my roommate we do this together is create a profile and be serious about it, because I never ever actually have been one thousand percent serious about a dating app. I've put stuff on there. I never write a brief summary or paragraph. I put like random things that I'm interested in, and I put the very bare minimum and just my pictures. So I should really like focus on it, cultivate like some cool things about myself.
Speaker 4: And see what can I write your profile?
Speaker 2: If you okay, how about this?
Speaker 1: No? Wait, are you being are you serious? Are you being fake right now and joking? You're joking with me?
Speaker 3: I think he's being serious. I wouldn't like.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, then here's the deal. When my computer shuts down to restart, I love this. I love this. Sorry you guys, this is such a or how many more rins do we have?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 2: Oh? My, okay, a quick give us a quick something from your life in three minutes.
Speaker 4: From my life, like maybe oh the movie oh I just watched the other night on Prime last night, another simple favor with oh Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively.
Speaker 2: Did you like it?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 2: Why did you watch it with all the Blake stuff?
Speaker 4: Just to see their chemistry together?
Speaker 2: I saw it on there, and I was like, I'm not watching it because I don't think I like her.
Speaker 4: I've changed my opinion about her, like I don't particularly care for her. But the movie was good really okay, all right, good to know Alison Janney wastic.
Speaker 3: Okay, even if she did everything they claimed, it just makes her like a cutthroat Hollywood lady like everybody else in Hollywood. Though I don't know if it really makes for the devil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like now they're talking about having to subpoena Taylor Swift and she is going to be do.
Speaker 3: You need to settle this is this is becoming a stupid last It's just dumb.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just little minute things that happen in Bluer I know, I know.
Speaker 4: All right, next show we're going to talk about the met Ball going on right.
Speaker 2: Now next year or next episode?
Speaker 3: Next what did I say year?
Speaker 4: Oh? I mean next episode?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have a funny story to tell you that Antonio told me it's the craziest thing. And I have some random news, including something you need if you want to fly this week okay, and how they're going to announce the new pope coming up next week. It sounded to shut down the computer and restart.
Speaker 2: Gotta love it, Gotta love it you guys, Thank you so much for watching. Sorry I'm so short, and we'll keep you.
Speaker 1: Updated on all the things dating, which is not gonna be much.
Speaker 4: Love your podcast, Love your podcast.
Speaker 2: Love you, my sweet babies. Bye,