Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on JR.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought to you by Tom's Watch Bar, where you'll find one Taco Bob. Tonight, we've got a magic back in action in the back half of the NBA regular season, and I suspect there'll be some hockey action on a few of those TVs at Tom's Watch Bar. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm out there starting seven o'clock tonight. We're gonna have magic tickets to give away, and you better believe it's gonna be Go USA tonight out there. And if you're from Canada and I want to watch the game, please do we We're loving here and we'll see it Tom's watch Bar ring it bitches stop.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask you, guys.
Speaker 2: I'm just adding to the smack talk that was going on all day yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, I don't know if you guys saw this ESPN broadcaster Sean McDonough who's gonna be doing the game tonight. He's he's imploring fans up in the ball to be classy and actually cheer the Canadian national anthem or a whole question here this morning. Do you think Boston fans should cheer or boo oh Canada tonight.
Speaker 3: Pat, I'll let you go first.
Speaker 2: What they should do and what they will do, I think are two different things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what do you if you let me let me just let me, let me rework, let me rephrase this.
Speaker 3: If you were in the arena, ledge, WHOA.
Speaker 2: If I was in the arena, I'd have about six or seven beers in me before the puck even dropped. You know, damn well, payback is payback is only fair.
Speaker 1: And if I was in the arena, I do the exact opposite. You gotta be classy, but that's not gonna happen in Boston.
Speaker 2: I'm just being honest.
Speaker 1: I would I would be like, even with the person next to me booing it and the person on the other side, you don't do that. And they were dicks for doing it in the first place. What two wrongs don't make her right? Get back to reality.
Speaker 4: The classy thing to do would be to politely cheer their national anthem.
Speaker 3: But you're right, that's not gonna happen. Show them your bigger people, man. So obviously we're for the Americans.
Speaker 4: Tonight. It's again give Lynch credit. He was way ahead of the game on this four Nations face off. It has become huge. The ratings on Saturday out drew All Star Weekend by the way. You see the Daytona five hundred ratings. Even though the race was delayed three and a half hours because of rain, it still had two million more viewers than the revamped NBA All Star Game on Sunday night, the five hundred averaged six point seven million viewers. That's a thirteen percent increase from last year, when the race was washed out on Sunday and moved to Monday.
Speaker 3: So the NBA.
Speaker 4: All Star ratings were four point seven million viewers. That was down thirteen percent and the second lowest TV rating in the event's history. So, uh, I think view I think the viewers have spoken all right, sports fans with rather watching the NASCAR drivers essentially put their lives on the line for our entertainment, then watch NBA players go through the motions, you.
Speaker 2: Know, part All Star Weekend part of that too. With the shift in time by about three and a half hours, they may have scooped up some West Coast eyeballs that they wanted to guide otherwise.
Speaker 4: Although although early and when the race first started, when you know, President Trump was there, and the rate they were actually racing for the first eleven laps, that was the height of the viewing audience. They got like eight million. Uh, they had like eight million viewers watching from two to two fifteen pm before it was rained down.
Speaker 2: They probably would have carried on had that rain delay. But you have people got stuff to do on the weekend.
Speaker 4: So absolutely, did you guys see this story the So there's this chile it is that you said from Chile, this Chilean gang, did it been robbing all of these athletes? Uh? You know when they're out of town, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelsey, Joe Burrow, a bunch of other athletes have been getting their houses rob Well, they they they foiled the the plot, this Chilean gang.
Speaker 3: They caught him. Did you see the story?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Don't know how they caught him. Did you see how they caught him?
Speaker 2: How did they end up catching them?
Speaker 4: These these seven Chilean burglars. Uh, they were posing for selfies with their stolen booty, all right, Oh God, And the selfies I gotsa they got on the iCloud somehow, and that's how.
Speaker 3: Police out these guys because.
Speaker 4: They're they're posing for selfies with their stolen goods.
Speaker 3: We see it idiotic. We see it all the time.
Speaker 1: Pat think about it on social media with our idiotology segment where the person is weed and they take a picture of pounds of pot on their bed and yeah, hey.
Speaker 2: Bulldog, I got an idea.
Speaker 3: I think that I have an idea real quick.
Speaker 2: On the after they were caught, turn them over to Tom Holman and put them on the Guantanamo Bay Express.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: I think they may be speaking of And this is a sad story. Speaking of selfies, did you did you guys read the story about the Canadian the woman Canadian tourist who was in the Caribbean a week or so ago and she was waiting in the shallow water and there there was a shark and she engaged the shark to try to take a selfie in the shark ended up biting her hand off.
Speaker 3: Pat's laughing. Yeah, we talked about that a few days ago.
Speaker 2: Bit off both of her hands.
Speaker 3: We hate bulldog.
Speaker 1: We made it that not only does she get her hands bit off, but Pat and I went into the scenario if he and I were sharks, would we eat humans or steak to the wildlife in the ocean. He was Jaw's momentum down the coast. He's like, I'm gonna eat every human in sight. We're pounding him out.
Speaker 4: Which would have been all over the skinny dipping woman and Jaws. Oh way, uh, you're at the Magic watch party now you won't be watching Jalen suggs. He is not back from his thigh contusion injury.
Speaker 3: When's he coming back? Is what I want to know? Has been out for.
Speaker 4: Like ten games with a thigh contusion, which I guess is a thigh bruise, or I guess he has a Charlie horse.
Speaker 3: I don't know what else. What is it? Get out there, sug get.
Speaker 1: Some guys got a Charlie horse. God man, I hope sug sticks. When do you just saying that?
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 4: I wish the magic would be more transparent with their injuries and tell us exactly what is going on here again? Ten games with a thi contusion A thi contusion doesn't sound that serious. I'm sure it is, but we don't know, so all we can do is speculate.
Speaker 2: So all right, Mike the Bulldog bike you host of open mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six ninety game. If you want to go over there and talk about shark attacks, he'll be there with you this morning. He does take time out of Hitto to join us for the sports page each morning here on JR. And we thank you for that, Dog Oh Oh JR.
Speaker 3: One jr R. Orlando's rock station.