Speaker 1: Yo, yo yo, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What's up? Everybody? Welcome to a new episode of My Canic Case. I'm Kendon, Dave, I'm Griovy. In today's episode, we're gonna go through the recap of Big Cloud last weekend. Uh, we got exclusive brands getting fined by the CIRA. We're gonna dive into that. Etho Fast is coming up, you have Harvest Riley coming up, and then we're also gonna jump into a couple of articles that are from out of state, out of Michigan, so talking about pre rolls, Uh, Texas lawmaker smoking weed in their ad, and.
Speaker 1: Then also some upcoming events.
Speaker 2: Ye, cannabis is a big threat to the alcohol industry. I think that we all could agree with that. But yeah, let's first dive into Big Cloud this past weekend. We'll kick it off with that fun event we were out there Saturday and Sunday. If you didn't see us, Groovy performed on Friday or not Friday, on Saturday evening at six o'clock.
Speaker 1: It was one of the judge kits. We actually got some of the judge kit, but we didn't judge any of the flower because Dave did enter and we didn't feel like it was right, that is true.
Speaker 2: It was cool. It was like all the other similar to the other big cloud events, you had the main stage they also had. This time, they had like a speaker tent. I guess education series. I guess I'd say each yeah, because each one, each hour had like different different not influencers, activist growers, breeders that were all talking and talking about the play it and talking about activism and growing and so on and so forth, which is pretty cool because if you wanted to go check out some music you could. If you want to go here some education you could, If you want to go pick up some bood you could. You know, cool event. Overall, Groovy had a great performance.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was a fun event. You know. It's like, you know, just a fessel, but it's more focused around the plant than the than the music. A lot of festivals I play are just like mainly just you know, music and stuff. Though it's kind of a nice break too where music is a big part of it, but the biggest part is just kind of having a chill time and smoking weed. I mean, even when you're playing, most of the crowd is sitting, you know what I mean. And even what you know, especially during the day a lot of times, so I mean people were dancing here and there, but you know, it was the crowd is more chill. You know, it's more of a just getting down with a plantalk terms people trying to get good deals, you know, I did see I felt like a lot of people were just kind of coming getting deals and then making their way out. So that was you know, that's how people are with these type events, just like high times. You know, people try to go get deals and that's fun. Some people stick around for the culture and hang out and all that, and that's like that's what's kind of fun about is you get to see who's kind of like, you know, is around. They did a bunch of awards for like you know what did you call them activists and stuff, So it was really cool. Shout out Captain Kirk, shout out I mean Rick and everyone who did a great job. But you know, Michael Tooey got an award, Jamie Lile, Rick Thompson, ri IP. So it was a good event. I really liked the event.
Speaker 2: We had.
Speaker 1: I had some fun, got a little chilly at night. It was like pretty fun. Me and Dave ended up like it was getting so cold. One like the night we ended up going back and just like getting some drinks and chilling. It was chill, but it got wet. It was like, it's like a weird temperature because like when it's cold, it's cold. But when it was like cold and oist like I was getting, it was just it was it was. It was cold, but and I was still a lot of fun. It looked like the siland disco was bopping still, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have saw that popping off. It was a cool night man, that was a lot of fun. The awards went off. That one pretty cool, and yeah it's funny.
Speaker 1: I had all the things out of things I couldn't find yours today. I was gonna smoke your blueberry baming, but I couldn't find him. It must have fell out of the case when I was moving around.
Speaker 2: Oh really, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Somewhere. I'm sure it's okay. And the one I did want to try, I lost that box bag already, so hopefully I find it that comes and goes, comes and goes.
Speaker 2: If not, chalk it up, but yeah, let's the will probably look to get fang in rick On and some of the big cloud fan up before the months.
Speaker 1: Before we move on, though, I do want to shout out one thing about this event that I really like compared to any event or not any event, just what I like about it, in like, in comparison to some of these one sided events that are mainly focused towards one side or the other, meaning caregiver and adun't use. I really enjoy that they really were focusing on showing love to both sides, whether it be shouting out those who like you know, went to Metric that used to be on caregiver or people being on Metric who said don't like, don't let the caregiver stuff go away. You know, there's this big bad respect, you know, because there was brands they represent, brands that were out here, you know, in the in the au. But you know, people believe what they believe, and you can't stop the movement, especially for a lot of these people who really have been in it since the beginning. So I think sometimes people just see different you know, and come like futures and outcomes, Like some people want to go to Metrics, some people just want to do their care everything. It's cool, but that's why we need both. And I said this today of a million times. I've said this to Rick when we were talking. As long as there's one patient, the med side should exist. I don't really care. Besides that, you know, the caregivers show to grow for med stuff. You know, they want to blame the caregivers for trappers, and that's just simply not the fact. You know, people are always going to trap where it's any any product where you can make money and flipping, they're gonna sell it. People do illegal like purses all the time. You know. It's like it's not just weed. People want to like point a weed. Like I said, it's not the caregivers. It's the people that are exploiting these things for their own benefit, the trappers. So you know what, that's why I always say we got to give respect to both sides, because you know, it's just it's just negative rhetoric and hate against the other side that keeps us separated, that creates this. Oh I think that this people. If you like metch then you must not prefer caregivers. It's like, no, it's not like that. And the people who are like that are clearly just trying to like argue about something. And it's like I just don't simply understand why. And again, maybe their own experience had them hate something, whether they went something through like you. But I just really like like events like this because they are trying to build bridges. So shout out a Big Lab.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with you on that rib the shout out to Big Cloud. Overall a good event, overall good. I'm curious if they'll do one more this year or if they'll just probably wait until next year to do anymore. Yeah. Yeah, But I don't know if organic cups technically put on by Big Cloud, because I don't think what it was when we went, because when they did the Organic Cup, they did Organic Cup in New York like years ago too, so I don't know if it's the same, but it could be. It could be Big Cloud presents, so I could be completely off. So but if they are doing the Organic Cup, that'd be cool. We'll see. I'll have to pay attention to the entries. Definitely won't enter my stuff nineteen days early, That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, I hear you. So which articles do you want to jump? And I think I'm gonna just start off with Ethogenic Fest here, So Ethogenic.
Speaker 2: We'll stick into Michigan.
Speaker 1: First Ethogenic Festival is fest Over in Michigan. If you haven't heard of it. It is mostly about mushrooms. It's not necessarily cannabis focused. But I just put cams news updates because we always have. But Ethogenic Fest is target It's like pretty much like a hash Bash at the for mushrooms. That's how I look at it, because it's talking about activism. People are doing speeches all day. There's a lot of you know, you know, people telling stories and saying what's wrong with the laws and how it's helped them. So it reminds me of like hash Bash when you're at like the Diagon, and it's in the same blaze that the Diag. I think it might even be the same band that plays Yeah, pretty good vibe.
Speaker 2: That's twenty second September this year. It's on a Saturday, I believe, so I thought it was during Sunday Sunday.
Speaker 1: Sorry for some reason.
Speaker 2: It's on a Sunday and it takes place from one to eleven to four to twenty some speakers. You have our Jeff Irwin, State Senator, Washington County Commissioner Yusuf for rabbing other local advocates nationwide or gone in Colorado made the only two states have fully legalized recreational psychedelics. So but since then, Detroit, Ferndale and Hazel Park have followed south with a decriminalization of it. Wooll, I guess it's not decriminalization. I guess they just deprioritized law enforcement on these plans. It's technically what it says above it. So but hopefully Michigan in the coming years it gets down of the ballot, maybe the next four years, maybe the next election, maybe in the midterm coming up twenty twenty six, because like, like we do have some big cities that do already have it deprioritize. So if that continues, then I could see it be coming here uh legal in the state of Michigan. So if you are available, go check out etho at uh at Etho Fast Jesus Christ, September twenty second.
Speaker 1: The thing is, there's more money to be made from weed, so I could feel like mushrooms could pass even easier because there's not gonna be this influx of mushrooms. Like you can't just eat mushrooms and like go hang out with the friends and come home like it's a wild time and you just eat a bunch of mushrooms, right, maybe a little beatn but it it's not.
Speaker 2: It's I think it's gonna be the micros. Yeah, I think I think the micro.
Speaker 1: I'm off right, that's fine, that's cool. I think it's gonna pop off. I think that's not what I'm saying. I'm staying there's.
Speaker 2: Just gonna be a lot of money though, either that's what I mean by.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, that's sometimes I say. It's like, no matter how you look at I don't think it's gonna be a lot of movement the way cannabis. People just burn through it really fast or fundies put out giants for all big blunts. Like the product burns and it's expensive. So it's like relatively like mushrooms just last you forever. Like most people who micro it's gonna an a it's gonna last them a month. You know you're gonna buy you know, you know. So it's just not gonna make the same money cannabis is. So I feel like it'll go legal quicker because not as many people making money or holding it back. You know. It's like, I mean, weed has been held back by people trying to make money since the fucking beginning, since the fucking the people who own lumber, who I want to hold back hemp and started reformand is to begin with. It all has to do with hemp and lumber. It has nothing to do with cannabis. So it's it's always been held back by some other industry hating. Now it's just alcohol or tobacco, it's just other It's just because hemp and we can do so much that the people trying to make money and knew that they could corner pocket and make more money regularly just screwed help people over. So it's been like that since the beginning though. So I just think that cannabis just makes way more money because if he has way more it can do, and who knows, maybe mushrooms will be able to do more. I just mean, like for textiles and doing all these other things that like a plant can do versus I don't know if mushrooms can turn into other things. Yeah, you know, we'll see, you know, you know, with research.
Speaker 2: Time will tell. Time will jump back into Michigan. Exclusive brands got hit with a couple of violations. Man, they got hit with a couple of thirteen.
Speaker 1: Because I like, I like some people here. You know, I'm not going to drop names, but I like a couple of the people over the team because they have treated us well, and you know, I really do like the team. So when I was reading this article, it's pretty crazy and it comes down to simply a lot of a lot of little, like not little, a lot of mistakes with paperwork, improper storage or keeping, prepper records, surveillance recordings, monitoring systems exactly. It's all these little things that just kind of added up and before you know it, it added up to be like a handful, you know. And two violations. And that's the thing. I thought. Two violations meaning like two slaps on the wrist. No, they mean to violations by two times. This has happened multiple things, and it's pretty intense when you start reading it all. Yeah, so yeah, just kind of skimmed through it. Catch you all up.
Speaker 2: So, uh, I'm gonna grab someone uck, let you catch them up on the article.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dave's gonna leave bye, all right. So both complaints include sevalanches of improper record keeping, failing to keep track of dissolate it's a bummer, which you're highly purified canvas product. Obviously, according to one complaint, more than ten pounds of cannabis cannot be located. It is now on a second complaint in resolved the inspector requesting access to the BIS video cameras and the director of operations able to provide access to the scary system. See. I think that could be for multiple reasons. So that's why sometimes when you read these violations, it's like, I wonder the whole story. I wonder if there were certain things that he just couldn't do. I don't know that just they make it sound worse in this article by Fox, So you know what I mean, You just don't know. But some of this stuff is just facts, like another eighty three pounds of cannabis product cannot be located in a physical inventory the business which improper improper records is probably what they were referring to before.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, there was more than eight eight two hundred and thirty grams of product physically in the business despite them being recorded, having them being combined with the other packaging and product. That's a lot of product, yes, And then they're basically saying they weren't even in the system. Yeah, is what kind of how it sounds saying that it's like three hundred and fifty thousand dollars with a product and when they asked the disprecancy and they just had no idea, So it's like everyone was just kind of pleading the fifth and so I think it kind of elludes the CRA to theirs some shady stuff going on where they're kind of putting two together. They just don't doesn't sound like they have a lot of facts of what this is, what they've been doing, or what they're doing it for, just that like why is this product here? Why can't I access this? To the point where they're just mad, you know, because it sounds like many things ed led up to the CRA being just pissed.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the susaves twenty one in days to request to hearing after receiving a complaint. So I'll be curious if what finds they get and how much money they're gonna get hit with. Did they lose a license? Like they hasn't been fooling around And that's the thing.
Speaker 1: A brand, So it's probably talking about the dispensary itself, not the individual brands, right, And then if you look at when this was pet published. This was September six, so technically when this episode comes out five days prior, so I mean, we only have two weeks and two days and then we'll we'll find out, so we'll be following you all up. You know.
Speaker 2: I realized, Yeah, it's uh, it's funny.
Speaker 1: This is my undershirt today. I just like took off my pollo and this isn't even promo. They're not our partners, but if you want to reach out, I.
Speaker 2: Don't live live resident. If you want to partner, reach out please.
Speaker 1: Actually it's funny because, like I said, Calvin Tron came to the audio gig, I.
Speaker 2: Was doing Megatron.
Speaker 1: Sorry, well his name is Calvin, and then.
Speaker 2: I know I just like, like you understand, Like at least I was just like I don't know I did. I actually kind of liked that better than both of them because it's calvit Calvatron.
Speaker 1: There you go see shout out Calvitron. He liked our advocate against fire. Maybe he'll like my next nickname. What's up? Go coming out? Come on the podcast. Bro, You'll be like out of frame. He'll just be like right here and I'll be uh so no, yeah, you know, in this exclusive brand stuff is just kind of crazy. But at the end of the day, we're just kind of kind of have to wait and see, you know what I mean, it's really all you can do with that. But yeah, yeah, so I mean, real quick, before we get into the next like a couple of articles, just want to shout out the fam real quick, especially if you haven't If you don't know, now you know, cannoby Extracts is joined the team. Shout out to our partners Woo Woo Woo, Kinship cannabis Co with a Turpenes, Thrive, Cool Organics where you can get some sweet retro brands, and honestly, just just check out those Cheetos and that fucking sugar cunts and High nine. If you're looking to order a camp hand based THC drink that is healthy for you, not bad for you, check it out.
Speaker 2: You can order check out our recent episode. We just dropped an episode with Franz. Yeah, Mike can fifteen for that. We just dropped out the episode with Fronz. He's one of the founders of High nine. And it's a good drink. It's a great drink, it's a healthy drink like groovy set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's the thing I learned a lot. You know, you respect more the more you learn about a product.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's just like you know, for me, like like for me, like one of my favorite things in the world was pop, right, and so I really learned how bad it was for me, and then I started like trying with Croix, you know, and it's just so much better for you. You just take these steps, right, And this is one of those things where if you're drinking, you're eating edibles a lot, a lot of THC, a lot of those brownies and cook these all these things have a lot of sugar in it, right, So if you want to just get like a little bit of t s in your system in a healthy way while getting hydrated, here's a product for you.
Speaker 2: While we're talking about this, it's going to ease right into our next subject, which kind of we even talked about in that episode, is that marijuinea legalization is a significant threat to the alcohol industry. Why because people are starting to substitute cannabis for beer and wine. They're starting to substitute beer and wine with cannabis, and an easy way for a lot of people that have drink alcohol is you could have a little THHD, drink a little bit to milligrams hunter milligrams and drink it like that, or you just start diving right into edibles, vabes, flour. You could say dabbing, but I don't see many jumping right into dabbing. Maybe with the puff co, But with cannabis, there's so many different ways to get what you're looking for through different products compared to alcohol, where with alcohol it is just pretty much drinking, you know what I'm saying, like groovy, you can smoke it, you can eat it, you can drink it with, you can vape it, and that's all cannabis.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But with alcohol, like like Dave was just saying, our next article is leading is essentially they were just talking about that marijuana legalization is a threat to the cams industry, I mean to the alcohol industry, excuse me. And I do think there's some degree you're absolutely right and probably mostly right. I just think it's kind of crazy to think how different the product is. But just like what you said, to add to your point, it's because it's healthier, so maybe it did the buzz is a little different, but people are settling because they'd rather be healthier than blacking out and drinking all this sugar and all this bad for you. You know, you can think about joint and be just as fucked up, especially if you're not used to it.
Speaker 2: Right, I think about this thing about how bad alcohol is for the body. Think about how many people have been affected by drunk driving debts, drunk driving injuries from drinking and driving, not deaths, but just injuries after all the all the crap that you go through with the DW I, how it ruins families and all this stuff that happens with alcohol. Right, And then you look at cannabis and the most you're seeing is people going to jail over a plant that's not even showing the effects that that alcohol does. Cannabis you can smoke it, you can eat it, and like you said, if you're sitting at the house chilling, you'll be fine. You're you're chilling, and you don't you don't see these car accidents and these deaths with alcohol like you do. Are you with with cannabis like you do with alcohol? You really don't? Yeah, And like that's alcohol, alcohol so bad for you. After a couple of drinks.
Speaker 1: Well, what it is is to me, the big thing is, like the big argument with like any drug is like, Okay, there's some good things and there's some bad things. It's just to me, when the drugs bad outweigh the good by so much, isn't it obviously it should be illegal, you know, Like that's what the ironic and bullshit thing about about cannabis and hemp is is why is this, well cannabis now not just not anymore? Well, why is it illegal when it has so many more good things than bad? Right where alcohol has very few things like okay, sure it will destress you in small amounts. Right, there are good there are there's good to alcohol. That's why I said, I never want to knock all the drug but there are so many bad things that outweigh it that for some but for some reason, alcohol there's like when we looked up, there's no way to like really you can just make as much as you want. You can just there's there's no regulation how much you can buy, like it's just so easy to access. But that's the one that's legal. That's what doesn't make sense, right, I understand drugs always have good and always have bad in them. And we can always argue to we're blue in the face on our opinions, but this is just fact. What Dave is saying, what I am saying. There is just way more good to cannabis than alcohol, And it doesn't even make sense. They shouldn't even be compared because they're not even the same. The reason why we compare them is because it doesn't make sense that it's legal to begin with, and alcohol is so legal and so pushed, so normalized. Oh, we can't have edibles that look like skittles, but we can have bubble gum flavored Swedish fish vodka.
Speaker 2: Flavors. So to smear enough. New Amsterdam's got like ten. I used to be an alcohol sales are at many alcohol for everything legally.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You were a but tender.
Speaker 2: H vices.
Speaker 1: You know, like the party, Kennedy likes the party. Kennedy likes the party.
Speaker 2: Sounds like check out this pretty I'm pretty exhausted, ready.
Speaker 1: For this second pair of crocs? What's up? And I just want to throw Dave off on that one days but fucking with Dave, I'm getting crocks now. He's not for it. Dave just turned off his camera. We lost Dave. I'm gonna ute his MIC's that way, we can't hear him. His MIC's off. Oh there he's at but you can't hear him now, So it's pretty crazy. I wonder what he's saying. I guess we should find out.
Speaker 2: This guy gets a pair of crocs. This guy gets a pair of crocks for his birthday. Let's say we'll see that's like ten, ten, twelve, you know, maybe fifteen days ago now, it's probably twenty two days ago, to be honest, matter hasn't been that long now. I was already got his second pair of crocs. My dude, come.
Speaker 1: On, sponsored me in for groovy because like, dude, I bought tight iyes for State.
Speaker 2: I love it. I'm gonna give you a hard time. That's why I showed you.
Speaker 1: And I thought it was a funny little sport MODEV.
Speaker 2: Let's show everybody's sport mode.
Speaker 1: We'll do that later. You know, you'll you'll see on the recap for Big Cloud. But we got two more things. And this next one Dave sent me, and it's kind of because it's like kind of makes sense, which honestly, you know what I actually we're gonna do this out of order because I want to pull up the graph that's on that one. So we're gonna do that last. Sorry, we're gonna jump into this one that Dave sent me as well. But this one was kind of meat. This was about a Texas candidate. So this Texas candidate, I don't know, actually break Texas man, she's the Texas House candidate is smokes while calling for legislation in a new campaign ad. So I thought that was pretty wild. And you sent this to me when you.
Speaker 2: Put the add on, man, put the ad on.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, here we go, here we go.
Speaker 2: Check her props for smoking on it.
Speaker 1: I think that's just this still alone. When I just see her like she's just puffed, leaning over lighting the joint, it's like, let's go.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of that one guy that was running the other year from New Orleans. I think that did it smoke. I don't think you won though.
Speaker 1: Well anyways, here let's check it out. Like Dave said, let's here, I guess.
Speaker 3: Sally Duval and I'm running for the Texas House of Representatives. You might already know what's in this, but do you know who has no idea, no way to test it?
Speaker 2: Oh damn, I don't law enforcements.
Speaker 3: They arrest people every day for marijuana possession, but they don't have the fundator of the test if it's illegal marijuana or a federally legal hemp product. Our laws are confusing and unclear. While marijuana remains illegal for most Texas, hemp products that can get you high, like Delta eight, Delta nine, and THHCA are being sold at more than seven thousand retailers statewide Arlington and Governor he wants to both regulate and fan these products. Now, duntug a genius to figure out you can't do both of these things. Fortunately, we don't have to choose between safety and legalization. We can and should have both. But it's going to take leaders who know enough and Karenough to do what's right. My opponent doesn't, which is a real shame. Not only will legalization and regulation help support our small farm and medically complex Texans, but the tax revenue could be used to help fund education, public health, and mental health services. So here's the bottom line. Texans should have the freedom to consume these products if they want to. You can visit my website to read all about my common sense policy. I'm Sally, you all, and I believe it's high time for change in Texas.
Speaker 1: I added that cheers. That was not in the commercial. I really like that because honestly, most campaigns you see are bashing something or using propaganda or using their opinions to push what they touly do. That was truly just using facts to promote logical information to say, why isn't this logical? That was like, I want to move to Texas just so I can live where she lives, Like you know what I mean, Like, let's go Sally.
Speaker 2: And hopefully it's near Austin, so it's near the comedy comedy Mothership, so you can just go watch some comedy all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man. And she points out the fact about like how it helps farm you know much hemp could add to agriculture, And I understand that lumber was a big deal, but now we need those trees. And then hemp actually produces more oxygen per field lumber than most trees. So it's like just just fucking let them both be and let the best company work and let the text title that works the best for each product work. You know, lumber is still gonna you, you know, if anything, Let's let HEMP take over for a while, let the trees come back, and then maybe you know, like geez, I don't know. It's like I can't.
Speaker 2: Gary Chambers last year, Gary Chambers.
Speaker 1: But that was that was more badass. That was more like this doesn't make sense. I'm gonna smoke weed on he did.
Speaker 2: I was titled thirty seven seconds to reference to research finding that police in the US make a marijuana related arrest every thirty seven seconds.
Speaker 1: And that was crazy.
Speaker 2: I was in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was But she was so logical. That's why I loved about it. She was so logical about that whole commercial, like it was really hard to argue. And I think that's why I'm just like, I really love that one. I really enjoyed that command.
Speaker 2: No, I absolutely agree to grieve. Is she push? You laid it out there perfect, bring both of them. I'm gonna try to reach out to see we get her quick five ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I just amazing. Actually, we have a huge falling in Texas.
Speaker 2: For text cast.
Speaker 1: Listen, Michigan is pretty much North Texas, and I don't care what anyone says, yeah, no, they got. I'm just kidding with a lot of the law, Lucy, the like the things we care about. I'm just joking around. It's not but anyways, like let's get back to this last article. The reason why I skipped over at first, bro is because I just wanted to pull up the graft that we had because I'll first I'll pull up.
Speaker 2: And shout out to marijuana movement. That's where these last year are.
Speaker 1: Always, always, always, always, always US customers spend more than four point one billion dollars on pre rolls in one I think talking about that is because it's made a really big jump, you know what I mean, Because when you pull up this graph and stuff, you can kind of see it shows you what where has each grown. It's not even really that big of a jump, but relatively it's like like this, you know, a little bit over, but it kind of makes I mean it is.
Speaker 2: It is the biggest at eleven almost twelve percent, and then beverages at eleven percent. Yeah, which is which is actually interesting to think because I just keep going back to the beverage talking because we were just talking about beverages earlier in the episode, and then we had fronts on with high nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I see that.
Speaker 2: I see that increasing as well with people switching from alcohol.
Speaker 1: Well as because we're right now, we're right here to the legalization part. I really do think that beverages and these edibles and teatures they're going to make some type of jump, only because like it's it's it's the new generation. It's the people who were vaping and like and stuff. I mean, that's why I think the vaping has taken over right, just over you know, the past few years, handful of years, because this next generation is vaping or more than any of the other products. So where you see flower staying pretty much mostly dominant, you know, that makes sense. Vape really been strong for a while. But yeah, but vapes have been strong for a while. But this is only from this past year, this year to last year, so it hasn't been that long. But if this was ten years like ago of a chart, vapes would be much smaller, right, It's only because.
Speaker 2: Everything would be much smaller, just be flower.
Speaker 1: I mean, shit, I guess since twenty twenty year, right, but since twenty twenty, I think we've really seen vape nineteen. Maybe we've seen a vape just increase, and I think it's kind of interesting that sister generation, but this whole generation. That's why I want to say pre rolls I think is making it too because most people don't even roll their own joints anymore, especially because of pre rolls. So people are just buying pre roll packs and smoking them on the go, and then when they're alone, they're just hitting vapes. You know, not everyone wants to roll high quality flower. A lot of people are just getting high.
Speaker 2: You know, there's an absolutely different consumer out there, different consumer, absolutely just a wart on the go. They see the five five to do five five pre rolls for like ten bucks, and they're like, all right, yeah, you're seeing the gone.
Speaker 1: You're seeing the change from the people who are smoking only medically or for themselves to the people who are legally partying with it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You know that a lot of people who just party with it just bought it illegally, like medical was the only thing that was around for a long time. You know that adult usus shifted a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not shocking because when we go to like MJ. Biscond Groovy or Cannoncon, what was here in Detroit, like what was one of the main things that we saw there, man, that was mass producing pre rolls like that was something that everyone was looking for. With the automation to produce fifteen thousand PREI rolls in like two minutes, You're like, what.
Speaker 1: A lot of people can't roll joints man like or don't want to know?
Speaker 2: It takes time, and no, it takes time to think about think about if you're going like downtown for a concert or you're going downtown to the bars, most people would rather just hit the disco, go and have their probably their stuff for them. I mean, me, I'm going to roll out my joints, but that's just because that's how I've been smoking for how long?
Speaker 1: Like, But it takes you, like, I don't know, eight minutes to roll eight four joints, you know what I mean. It's not it takes people time and so, I mean, it's not that they can't either. Sometimes it's just that they don't want to, you know. And if if so, I don't know and agains.
Speaker 2: People might not some people might not like the process of literally breaking down the weed, getting your finger sticky, grinding it up, breaking up.
Speaker 1: I think it's this new generation I think it's that less connection to the plant, less of this like, oh, it was a whole experience where now it's just like go to the dispot when I get high, I get I get some week right. You know, Before it was like a whole experience, man, that whole like almost like religious thing of getting it all your homies, rolling it up together, light it up, getting the drinks already, getting in your chill spot. Like it was like a whole thing. It was like a whole thing you did. Now it's like, oh, I just gonna pick up we don't know home. It's kind of killed the excitement of it all a little bit in a way, not necessarily for everybody, you know, like when we do things like Big Cloud and you go like experience and love the plant with the culture, that's why I feel like it comes alive. But sometimes that like taboo iss in the beginning was what made you really show you appreciate it, like I'm putting my life over it's just to smoke this shit. You don't have that anymore.
Speaker 2: I did, I know, I mean I went through some of that.
Speaker 1: At least here in Michigan. For the substates are listening that it probably is like.
Speaker 2: I mean, I even that there's countries, bro, I mean this people listening around the world for on this podcast, so that it says we got It's not we want the plant free around the world like one day, that'd be amazing. But in the United States who want it free as well too, there's still states that aren't even there. I just wanted to give credits everyone outside of the US as well too that can't smoke, that try to smoke. So we shall see. I do you want to say we will be going live this Saturday, nine am Eastern and we have and then the next two Saturday's, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: What's that fast or Thursday, which is tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Thursday is the harvest rally at the Capitol. I believe it's at twelve. I believe it's at twelve eleven or twelve. I will come right around there. I will be I will not be able to make it out there. Unfortunately, I am stuck at the day job. There'sday oh, and we have actual recording, which will be sweet because that'll be released. Well, that'll be a it's gonna be two guests. I'm not gonna give you any more information, but it's on collaborations, so it'll be sweet. It's gonna be a fun episode. I'm going to learn all about collabse from process from flower to concentrate, so what goes into it. So that's a little sneak peak of why also and then yeah, that was all. That's all. I just want to give a quick little shout out there all right.
Speaker 1: For September twelfth at high noon to four twenty at Michigan State Capitol, which is one hundred and North Capital Avalancing, Michigan, forty eight nine three. And yep, looks like Jenson DX is doing a Oh no, this is just an advertisement.
Speaker 2: Right, they did what they were doing. We're doing award show.
Speaker 1: Check out the Michigan Wister's website. They are now doing for twenty a year program. So you spend four dollars and twenty cents and you just support them for the super small amount support what they're doing. They're just they're always pushing advocation, always pushing new things in the industry, so always worth the checkout.
Speaker 2: So absolutely absolutely, man, Yeah, I think I think were you wrapped up on the pre world conversation. I don't know if I cut you off.
Speaker 1: We lost track of it. It's fine. I mean, honestly, it makes sense. I mean, I think vapor and flour are gonna be the main ones for a long time because a lot of concentrates people don't always get into because it sucks them up. It gets the high so quick that a lot of people don't like it, right yeah, or you know, or they take like giant dabs and they get it so high that they're like, no things. I'm good at its weed, right, and then vapes just that convenience factor, you know, and you know, so I think right now that makes sense. And I just think the pre roll thing you're just gonna keep seeing climbing because of the convenience factor. Nothing really more than that, and badly, honestly, I guess I should say this. One more thing about pre rolls is honestly, back in the day, pre rolls used to be full of shake and trash, so you only bottom when you were broke. Nowadays there's like decent pre rolls, which because like you guys, remember donuts are considered pre rolls. All those hemp ones, like anything with infusion, those are all pre rolls probably in their opinion, right, because no infused pre roll is a separate thing to them. You know, a pre roll joins are. So that's why you're seeing such a heavily buy Like, think how many donuts we buy, Like, we never used to buy pre rolls unless we were broke, because back in the day it was shake. Now it's become their good donuts. You can buy hemp ones. They're actually you know, good trim or I mean good buds, not trim. Sorry, well, because you know what I'm saying, That's why I'm trying to say, you can still get those two dollars pre rows and those four dollars pre rolls and you know what you're buying. They can say, no.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's mostly bud. It's not that that's trip so that's well, it's probably half and half. They're probably taking little buds and stuff. But it's not the top shelf shit that you want. So but but at the end of the day, that's my whole point. You're kind of getting what you pay for in that sense when it comes to like the cheap, cheap pre rolls. But this isn't just talking cheap prios. I just want to make that point that that does make sense why you're seeing an increase because you're seeing increase now with infused joints and all these unique smoking methods that who the hell can smoke across joint at home? A lot of people can't smoke roll or roll joint. Excuse me, roll across right? How many people can roll a good donut? Some people can roll okay donuts, but that.
Speaker 2: Takes you need you need someone there to help you light the cross joint. You know, you know, yeah it's funny, but.
Speaker 1: I'm just good reference. But I'm just making the point of like that it's becoming more of like, well you're roll getting these rolled up things. Sometimes it's because you can't roll them, not just any joint any well.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, think about what is it always be rolling a b are? Is that? What dope life? Is that? That group that's like rolling all those pearl donuts. Yeah, like when you when you see that, like it's now it's starting to become like a like a very good craft. So people are buying those, And that's a really good point because like I love those joints when they're pearled perfect, Like I'm like, damn, I'll even smoke that because I know they're putting some quality bud in that too. If there's some quality bud with some quality hash all day, even quality bud, no quality hash, I'll still smoke it. It's rolled like a pearl. Other than that, I'm trying to think I got anything else groovy.
Speaker 1: Oh that was my last little bit. I mean, if you wanted to shout out the partners one more time saying must love shot.
Speaker 2: Let me give a shout out too. Can it be extracts? Can ship old score game Nicks? I got high nine right here and it's above me as well.
Speaker 1: I like that, and also it's probably my favorite so far. I haven't got through all of them yet, but I like the half of half.
Speaker 2: The half and a half is delicious. And then also shouts to cannabis workers resource. Without all you, we wouldn't be able to continue pushing out some quality content and quality stuff. So thank you for supporting us. We support you, And if you are listening to this, try try some of those products. Tag us, tag those brands in the stories. Uh, show them some love because they're showing us love, and show.
Speaker 1: Us some love. Groovy music. Two e's know why everywhere Canada of everywhere, probably shadow band on some stuff my Cannon cast shadow band for sure. Probably, But you know, we're still at here, We're still awesome, still network, and we're still growing. Can't hold us back just because you hate an internet. But that's pretty much all we got to check us out. We're gonna keep doing some stuff. We got some episodes. Like Dave said, I don't think we're waking and bacon. No, we are awaking making this week. We are waking and baking this week, but the following week we are not.
Speaker 2: It'd be two saturdays in a row. But I'm gonna see if somehow I can do it.
Speaker 1: We're just not. I'm just not gonna count on it because you're gonna need a foreign land. So this Saturday we are waking and baking nine to ten, like we do every week, but Canadave is leaving the country, so it's adding a lot of layers to We'll try possibly if we do. You know, if you're bored and you're like, I want to waken bake with us, I would probably just check I g more than I would check the Internet, because if we do, it might just be from the phones. So if you do see us, just checking if you wake and bake it on Saturday and you're board and you know, because two weeks will be off, but we'll yeah, still have episodes with some We got Dirk of Lost Coast.
Speaker 2: We got hot hot Pot, Jenny, hot Pot Jesus, yeah that handle.
Speaker 1: I have a check prize one that we got to record, so cool. Yep, all right, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Other than that, I hope to see you all this Saturday. Like Groovy said at nine am Eastern, have a great rest of your week. And as always Groovy, we're here to advocate, educate, and inspire the next time yeallace burn up.
Speaker 1: Yeah,