Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Welcome to Game Mess Mornings with Me Jeff Greb, your host from GiantBomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're going to be talking about a long awaited Nintendo sequel and what's new for that final Fantasy Tactics re release remake.
Speaker 2: Who knows what to call it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a good one because we have Mike Manati on the show.
Speaker 2: Mike, how are you doing good? I'm good.
Speaker 3: I got great news from me you, Dan and Jan We have been selected for that Nintendo Online play test program. I had us enter as a group. I was watching that thing like a hawk right at eleven am.
Speaker 1: So I got us in good work. I don't think you're gonna like it? Well, shit, I mean, who knows. Honestly, it's probably gonna be a lot of fun with the crew, and there's a lot of ways for us to work together.
Speaker 2: There's like some.
Speaker 1: Running sand back and forth kind of maybe that can be your jobs.
Speaker 2: So okay, I don't know, we'll see.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like ever Next Quest I played that or ever Quest Next Next Question, certainly for my keys. I know it's not that early in the East because I am not a boarding person.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 3: I wonder if we're gonna be allowed to act like this game exists this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think they've established what the rules are going to be for actually discussing it publicly so far. I think they're being a little bit like, yeah, you know, don't discuss some But once it's here, I don't think we're gonna be able to stream it. Maybe, but hopefully we'll be able to acknowledge that we played it and can say what it is. Hey, Mike, we've got some new overlays here, new music. People might have heard it up top. If you're listening to the podcast version, well there's some new visuals to go along with that. If you're someone who wants to check out the video version. Yeah, I'm a big fan of this. Basically we worked with us an artist, and I said, I like part of the interruption. Still, that's the last TV show I really watched twenty five years ago, So just kind of do that, and we're doing that but for video games.
Speaker 2: And I'm really happy with it. It came out really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great. I like how it reminds me of Persona for a lot a game you haven't played.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've maybe looked at it once. Wait, is yellow the color of Persona?
Speaker 3: Well? You know that each Persona has a different color, yea one thing you know about it? Yeah, I do know that yellow is the color persona for it. Also, it's very TV theme, so you have that big, big fat old title TV there. So yeah, very Persona four looks great.
Speaker 1: Persona force colors more more, amber is the color of its energy personally, it is my opinion.
Speaker 3: Mike very bright piss yellow.
Speaker 1: Thank you for doing this, appreciate it. Glad to have you on the show. I'm always like Mike Scott other stuff going on, and it's a bit early for him, so I never want to bother you with it. But you were like I could do him. Like yay, Mike Minatti back on Game this morning.
Speaker 3: So I did. Every buddy, guess what I did this weekend?
Speaker 2: Would you do? Oh? I think probably the same thing I did this weekend, But I don't know.
Speaker 3: You tell me no, No, you didn't see Superman. Oh, I didn't see Superman. I played a lot of Donkey Kong though, That's what I did. I did play a lot of Donkey Kong, that's true. I did a lot of that. I liked.
Speaker 2: I liked. I liked it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like how he's nice.
Speaker 1: It seems to be that's the thing that people take away. It's like, hey, they made a movie where someone was nice, and that's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that does sound weird.
Speaker 3: Now, like we don't still have to talk about Man still, But boy, I didn't like that movie. I thought that movie was I thought that movie was bad for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right as a species.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was bad for us.
Speaker 2: It didn't seem to help for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I thought this movie was nice, nice and fun is my review. It's nice and fun.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine being the guy that got to make Batman Versus Superman and now people are like, well, finally a fun movie. It's like you had a Batman versus Superman, especially the funnest shit ever, and no one thinks that's fun.
Speaker 3: That was one of the most strange experiences that a movie ever for me. Was like it was halfway through Batman versus super Bid, I actually was like dazed out. I was in like a fugue state and like, all a sudden, my brother he's like the Batman just kills someone.
Speaker 2: I was like huh what what did he?
Speaker 3: And it was like a weird apocalyptic dream sequence. I don't yeah, oh that was what's a bad weird movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I've been watching some movies and stuff in VR this this weekend as well, and I uh, someone was doing the Snyder cut of Justice League in VR. I watched like ten minutes of that. I'm like, okay, I'm glad we're done with this. Happy to move on.
Speaker 2: Some people are some people might never be over it.
Speaker 1: But right, Dwayne Johnson, yeah you have, uh, you have Rebel Moon. Now go watch that on Netflix. That's Snyder's new movie star talking. Have a million people watch Treble Moon. I just like find it hard to probably because Netflix is like, like subscriber numbers are so huge that kind of every ship movie gets a ton of views. But that second movie maybe maybe not, I don't know's like no one watched that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who watched Trouble Move It's gotta.
Speaker 2: Be like one of the most expensive movies.
Speaker 3: Nobody watched ever that in that Again, maybe it's because of Netflix. But that Chris Pratt movie about the animatronics or something, oh right, yeah, by the Avengers people, and no one saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jesus. I honestly forgot about that one.
Speaker 1: When I was like the one where he's a time have a little war guy, It's like, no, that's a prime video movie. Actually, okay wait, I did play a lot of Donkey Kong. I've enjoyed it immensely. It is very good. How are you finding it?
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it with all my heart. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I love it and only the way that a love or can.
Speaker 2: It feels like it loves me back, loves me.
Speaker 3: I think it said I love you first.
Speaker 1: It's really good to destroy everything. It's really good, Mike, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: It's cute.
Speaker 1: It's really well animated. And I just love ripping the faces off those rock guys. Give me every one of those rock guys. I'll talk to them, and as soon as I'm done talk with them, I press the R button and Donkey Kong just takes his little digits and digs them into their face and just rips it off. And if there's anything left of them, I use their body to destroy it.
Speaker 2: And it makes me feel good every time.
Speaker 3: And they're fine with it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even phase them. You know, you know what.
Speaker 3: I love you What like really tickled me was when I discovered that when you do like the ground dive, you actually get a little bit of hype when you start that animation into the role you that's higher. That's higher than doing the get you hold your rock and get hold some rock. Right, you're holding your border double jump double jump. Then it seems uh not intuitive, but then you do the down slam at the height of that then you roll out of it max height. Right, WHOA, Okay, all right man, there's seems like this game.
Speaker 2: Might have some movement tech.
Speaker 1: I don't want to step on any toes, but I think it might have some movement tech. It is a good game to control, and yeah, I'm just into I'm into everything it's doing. Is the reality like oh yeah the Pepsi Challenger talking about. I picked up the game immediately it tasted good, like this is good, this goes down good. But it continues to be phenomenal as as I'm like playing, I'm like, oh, this story is actually really well told, and these characters are are nice and I like spending time with them and these levels and oh the structure of how I'm like now chasing down this boss from one level to another. Oh I like that too, just every it has everything going for it. So yeah, very good game.
Speaker 3: I'm on sublair like one thousand now, so I feel like I'm pretty nine literally pretty deep in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just gonna say it, Jeff, because you said some things about you don't see Funky Kong in this game, and I've.
Speaker 2: Not seen him yet.
Speaker 1: I just haven't seen Cranky Kong yet though, and I know he's in here.
Speaker 3: Oh I did it that. I saw Dan see him very early, so I went back and found it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm that's what I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: It's like at this point, it's clear that I've just missed him, Like it's I'm so deep into this game that there's he must just be a part of something that I'm kind of them playing this game where I just I'm like running, like I am like barely thinking. I am just running and going to the next banana, and I'm really enjoying playing it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I am one hundred percent going to probably game I'm do that I'm gonna wrap back around, is what I'm right. I'm not that being precious about it now, right exactly. I know I'm going to go back around. But I think Craigie Kong's kind of the Captain Toad this time. I think he's maybe hidden in every level and he just gives you a banana when you find him.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'm not doing any like really hunt and find other than if I see something pop up on Sonar, I'm definitely going after it or something.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I upgrade so on Oar real fast.
Speaker 2: But I haven't.
Speaker 3: I haven't really used the map very much yet. Even I'm just gonna you know, I'm going.
Speaker 1: I'm going yep, it's it's it feels like a game that encourages that. And then that's gonna leave all these treats for me to come back to you later when it's time to wrap back around in this game, which I'm definitely gonna do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: All right, let's explain ourselves. This is Giant Bomb. We're a small team that makes a bunch of video game content for the Internet or a bunch of deficis, and you could support us in our efforts.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: You go to giant bomb dot com, slash join, become a premium member. All that money goes towards helping us make cool stuff. Enables us to do cool stuff, gets you add free versions of the shows some extra special goodies as well. Yeah, we'll get the go to giant bomb dot com. Slash join gets you all the details there. There's plenty of other ways to support us as well. You go to the store, get some new merch for yourself. There's plenty of that in there as well. That's giant bomb dot com slash join though. To support the show as far as this show goes most weekdays, I Jeff Grubb, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. You are watching live on Twitch Welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game Mes Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with three D character modelers LinkedIn mentions work on Nintendo SRPG sequel to Me Exclusive to Switch to It has been discovered via a three D character modeler's LinkedIn account that they are working on a Nintendo Strategy RPG sequel that is exclusive to.
Speaker 2: The recently recently launched Nintendo Switch To.
Speaker 1: It sounds likely that this could be a new Fire Emblem game, though we obviously don't have any official confirmation on that. Takaishi, I'm not sure if this name is I assume, yeah, it's got to be Takashi, right, because its yeah, the case before the s here and the way it's spelled here, so it's a little confusing. Maruyama that individual concerned has worked on a number of projects in the past and was a three D character model designer for Sega up until twenty twenty two. No doubt if this is the project, we'll hear about it more soon, says this story. Yeah, I mean, Fire Emblem is something that we have been wondering about for a while now. The story has been that there's been a completed Fire Emblem game sitting off to the side for a long time now, for a couple of year, well at least a year, probably getting close to two years now, and it's possible that this is the game that this person is talking about. Although we really don't know how that's going to present. Does that require a three D character modeler to work on it?
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: But even if that is the case, even if that game is coming out and has nothing to do with this guy, they are almost certainly also working on the next new new Fire emblem as well. I guess my question to you, Mike is like, how how do you expect things to go with Fire Emblum on the switch to going forward? Like do they just pop off like a smaller Fire Emblum remaster as far as like and as far as we know, we don't know if that's a remaster and then they have a big new sequel in like a year or or what are you expecting from this franchise?
Speaker 3: Wow? Just completely writing off Project Steam?
Speaker 1: Huh Yeah, that's right, it could be Project Steam. My apologies, Abe link in his back Ready to Kill Robots?
Speaker 2: What did you do in that game? I don't remember you played it?
Speaker 3: I did it, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I reviewed it. I hated that game. I did not like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, it's gotta be fire on them, right, because you know the Ubisoft made the Mario Rabbits games. I think that's done, and uh, I think they regretted making the Last Advanced War, so I don't think they're doing anything else there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you're probably fire.
Speaker 3: I expect that we are going to get that remake of that super Famiccom game. I wouldn't even be super shocked if that is kind of a surprise game for this year still, because like you said, people have been saying it's been done for a bit. That seems like the one thing we aren't really getting from Nintendo this year for this first year of the Switch Too is a kind of like bigger beefy er RPG kind of thing. Switch one had Zeno Zeno Blade two in that kind of time period. Kind of kind of putting that in that Zeno Blae two slot would make some sense to me.
Speaker 1: And when you start talking about it that way, Mike, it also starts to make sense to me, Like that's a game they choose and say, hey, let's save that for the Switch to s launch here, Like just go put that on the shelf and that can fill in that and that way we don't have to try to like force something else into there. It'll just be ready and waiting for us, and that'll give us enough time after Engage to sort of let things cool off.
Speaker 2: I'm with you on that. That sounds right.
Speaker 1: So then do you think that that's what to Cashi's working on here?
Speaker 3: Maybe, like you said, because that game has been even done for a bit, but still there might be some stuff that had to be done with that. They are definitely gonna make a new Fire album. I don't think they want those things to be too close together. It felt like even with Engage, maybe it was more about engagees quality. Not a terrible game, but not something that really lit the world on fire, but it felt like there was a little bit of fire on them fatigue right. Three Houses was very well received, very well liked. Also a game that you could play through three times, and after doing that or even the fire of Them, sickos satiated it probably still enjoyed it Engauge, and I bet they'll be happy to get this remake. But then I don't know if you can do a new fire of them just a year or even just two years after that, there might be a little bit more breathing room there. But so they might be working on that now because they know if they finish it, you know, whenever it's they can still kind put in the backboard. It's still probably the thing that is the most valuable or the most kind of cost effective thing for that team to work on. What's the name of that team again that does that Intelligent Systems INTELLIGENCEYSM, right, like you know they did they did?
Speaker 2: Did they do Brothership?
Speaker 1: They were involved in Brothership, but that was a new team that mostly did a lot of the work there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure, I don't think. I don't think Intelligence Systems works on anything else for an a ton of they work on a few other things. I don't think they work on anything else that makes more money than fire them them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely not.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was just playing something the other day they had Intelligence Systems on it. But you're right, nothing fire Room is there is their big fish, and that's the one that I think Nintendo wants them to focus on.
Speaker 2: And I think that.
Speaker 1: They're also everyone involved there probably recognizes that You're right that they've hit a bit of a plateau with fire Emblem. It clearly shot up with Awakening and now it's like, okay, well after Engage, does it feel like the the you know, the the flames are dying down a little bit on our fire emblem, and I think they are probably thinking for the next one they should come with some like real, something special, something that feels big. And in the meantime, if they have this remake, that's another way to keep fire emblem that the fans happy and put something out. But then maybe they could take some more time for the next new real one.
Speaker 3: Intelegy system most of is wirioware and we had like surprisingly got two Warrio wares pretty close to each other. Yeah, not that long ago switch one. I don't think they're going back to that well soon. They do paper Mario or garment King was.
Speaker 1: And they weren't involved intelligent systems banders, right, I was thinking of a thousand year doors what they were involved in they worked on. Of course they made a thousand year door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so and they worked on the remake too, I believe, So, you know, you know, I hope they do a new paper mark at some point that is more like thousand year door and less like or a Gami King. We'll see, but still I bet they are already working on the brand new bespoke fire emblem, and I bet that is still even above paper Mario I bet that's kind of considered their main project.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm I still love Fire Emblem.
Speaker 1: It's definitely a franchise that like when a new one's here, I'm like, oh yeah, I love these games, can't wait to get into it. I even really like to engage a lot. I just hope that they learn lessons from that one where it's just, man, take this combat system that you nailed and engaged where it's the best it's ever been, and just make sure everything else sort of just feeds into that instead of feeling like a distraction from that, which is which is what I think engages. Biggest problem was, so we'll see, you know, we are apparently still due for a direct this month, Like, how are you feeling about that, the rumored July direct that will happen before the end of the month.
Speaker 3: You never say no Nintendo, and people are hearing things like don't immediately discount that. It doesn't feel right at this moment, especially with just a week here. But I mean because only we would expect the September direct. But there are a good amount of things we do need to hear about, especially now that Donkey Kunk Bonanza is out there. Are a lot of games that we know are you know, coming this year that don't have release dates. Really, Metro Prime four high among them. I believe Kirby Air Riders is just yeah, it just has twenty twenty five. So there's that. Yeah, there probably are still a couple surprises, or you know, some of it is just here's announcing the next GameCube NSO game. Hopefully there's still things like the Metro Prime two Freemaster and stuff like this Fire of Them game that I think we are still going to hear about this year. Perhaps.
Speaker 2: So yeah, even as I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking about now, I begin to believe little bit more in it. So you know, I won't be shocked if it happens. I won't be shocked if it doesn't happen. A little wishy washy, but there it is.
Speaker 2: I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: While you were talking and you're like listing off some of the games that are coming, I got a terrible feeling and my stomach got legitimately queasy because I remembered something. In three days, Super Mario Party Jamboree plus Jamboree TV with the Bowser Live Mode from the Nintendo Switch two comes out, and I think we're gonna we're probably gonna have to play that.
Speaker 3: That is shocking. That seems like weird timing that it's bumping up that close to the Bonanza release date.
Speaker 1: It's offensive, It's it's yeah, it's I mean, I mean, I get it a little bit with the like this just being an update and like everyone just got their stuff for Donkey Kong. But it's so fast, and Donkey Kong feels like a game you want to let breathe. But maybe they're thinking it's a very different audience, although it's not. My family's playing a ton of Donkey Kong and Mario Party is a family game. Although I don't think children should play Mario Party, not because it's bad. It just makes them mad. They hate losing so much, and it's kind of random.
Speaker 3: It's almost it's eye opening playing that game with kids because it's made for them and they can't stand it exactly. You kind of need you need a certain level of maturity to play a Mario Party. Of course, I guess it's I guess it's like getting them there. I guess it's teaching them a bit. And I tell you what, I kind of enjoyed it. What's not necessarily my kid. It's kind of like, hah, yeah, learn how to lose like everyone else, you little piece of shit. But if you know, if it was my kid and I had to deal with them being upset for hours, I think I'd rather just avoid the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, there's other ways for you to learn how to lose. I don't know if we need to do the fifty Turns of Mario part or maybe that's the only way to learn.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, but Kirby Forgartlin has its delC thing coming on August twenty eighth, so we know about that age of imprisonment note date. I don't even know if that one is like confirmed for I guess it is confirmed for this year, so yeah, late. Oh it's like winter. It's one of those winter things.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right. They could be late this year or early next year. That's why Kitt and Christ said Nintendo uses Winter specifically so they can do that if they want to put a game out there, like maybe it could come out in December, but we're not sure if we want to do that.
Speaker 2: They say winter. It's a pretty funny thing to hear, so.
Speaker 3: You know, right now, their big holiday game is Pokemon Legend ZA. That's October, so yeah, one of the biggest games. Yeah, both Switch one and Switch Too, but I don't think that really matters. Party was like, maybe they still want like a big switch to exclusively thing. But then I'm like, would the Fire of Them game really be a switch to exclusive? That one has been done for two years and is a.
Speaker 1: Rema right, Yeah, I don't know that this one, the you know that we're talking about with the story apparently is, but I don't think the remake would be. But again, we don't really know. It's hard to get specifics on that, and it's been on the shelf for so long. Who knows how Nintendo changes their mind about things and and shifts up how they present it. When it finally comes, we'll see, all right, Actually, you know what, it's late enough to do the show. Let's take a quick break. We'll come back with the rest of the headlines after this. If you want to skip out on this you're listening to the podcast version, go to giant bomb dot com slash Join get the ad free version of the show. Otherwise we'll be back right after these. This episode of Giant Bomb is brought to you by GiantBomb dot com slash Join. Join us there, become a member. It helps us make fun stuff. It gets you add free content. It also helps us make some extras here and there that will give exclusively to you as members. It's giant bomb dot com. Slash Join for ten dollars a month or one hundred dollars a year, where you save twenty dollars. You can support us in making all the cool stuff that we make over here at giant Bomb once again. That's giant bomb dot com slash Join. Become a member now all right, Gay Mess Mornings is back. Jeff Grub, Mike Manatti. Here's the next headline. Here's when Battlefield six could be revealed, and it's soon. This is from Eddie McCoo at game Spot. Battlefield six or whatever the game may be called, will be announced on July thirty first.
Speaker 2: That's according to a new report.
Speaker 1: Insider Gaming reported that EA and Dice plan to reveal the game on that day as part of an event likened to Call of Duty Next, which is Activision's annual announcement event for the Call of Duty series. The report added that EA and Dice are inviting people to a behind closed doors event to play the new Battlefield game beginning July twenty ninth, with the event excuse me, culminating in the global reveal of the game on the thirty first. People can expect to see gameplay footage and hear directly from developers, the report said. Insider Gaming also reported that some influencers are being sent care packages pointing out pointing to an upcoming announcement. The post referenced above has since been deleted, but Insider Gaming said it's legitimate. Yeah, okay, does feel like this game is imminent. It's it is this out this year. It must be if they're talking about it now, it has to be this year, right.
Speaker 3: It's confirmed that Battlefield six will be released by the end of March twenty twenty six, is what it says here.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the end of the fiscal is what they're going with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so basically anytime before the end of this year, but maybe early next year. Okay, sure, Yeah, that sounds right. So a reveal event, that's that makes sense. How do you think they present Battlefield six in twenty twenty five, Mike, it.
Speaker 3: Seems like they're going to I don't want to say, fake it till they make it here, but they are acting like this is a giant deal, even though the series has been kind of cold, and I think they're going to pretend like that never happened, right, Like it's still just the fat days for Battlefield, right, the whole.
Speaker 1: Fake it till you make it it kind of is back on the menu for EA.
Speaker 2: It seems like here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so there's going to pretend like this is a giant deal. They were getting battle six, even calling it Battlefield six right, as if there was affinity for the numbered entries.
Speaker 1: So we don't know if that's going to be the name, but that is what everyone's been calling it so far.
Speaker 3: I think I think I saw somebody say I saw a separate story at some point, or we can saying that it was going to be called that. I don't know if that I believe it.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, and I think it's exactly what you're saying, that they're trying to be precious about the numbered entries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't know, Like, you know, Battlefield can't be good. There's you know good, there's some good DNA there. They've had missteps, and I do wonder if people will care like they hope they will. Maybe it's just a matter of having it all come together. But it's difficult to make it all come together these days, Jeff. They have, but you know it's not like, oh, this time we're gonna try harder. They always try hard and sometimes people just don't like it or it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is the one where things have changed. Dice had a chance to do something with twenty forty two. EA's like, go figure it out. Take some risks, try to make try to ensure that, you know, the future of Battlefield didn't work at least according to EA's goals.
Speaker 2: And so Vince Sampella is now in charge of Battlefield.
Speaker 1: Call Duty guy, the guy that made Call of Duty, Call of Duty and then made Respawn and now as a major player as as an executive inside of EA, like overseeing studios, he's overseeing this game. And it's okay, So what juice is he going to bring to try to change change things up?
Speaker 2: And I just I just don't know how much you can change Battlefield.
Speaker 1: I don't think you really changed the fundamental fundamental gameplay, right, that's going to be pretty similar.
Speaker 2: If anything, it's just going to be amped up.
Speaker 1: I think it's all about like how they try to get people on on the treadmill and how they try to get people in the door with a you know, at one at one time reported free to play battle Royale mode similar to war Zone from Call of Duty, and it's just like God, that that sounds like also ran stuff.
Speaker 3: That is, they've tried that before with Battlefield and it Yeah, they didn't take So I mean.
Speaker 2: Have they done it it's free to play? I can't. I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they've done it free to play, but like you know, it may maybe that was part of the problem, But was that entirely the problem? Like if if people really like that mode, I bet it would have taken off a little bit more than not at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I mean before okay, every time we talk about Battlefield six, I always bring up like this is a game series that started in the old days and now is on the other side of the Fortnite divide, where if people want to go play a shooter online with their friends, they don't just have free to play alternatives, they have the free to play defaults. These are the things that people when you say, let's go online and play a video game. People are thinking of Fortnite first, They're thinking of a couple other stuff as well, but in this genre they're thinking of Fortnite, maybe they're thinking of Apex Legends. They're thinking of a free to play game though, because that way they don't have to pay anything up front. Battlefield six almost certainly still is going to likely for most of its modes, be asking for a price up front, and then they say something like we're gonna have one hundred million players. I think they only mean that because they're going to have this free to play alternative and what can that possibly do to like have the impact, a greater impact than something like Apex Legends did when it launched. So that was still in like the oh, actually, you know what, that wasn't even at the time when battle Reyals felt fresh and new, we were already saying, oh, this is a genre that already has its big games in here, no one else can come in. Apex Legends got in just under the wire and rushed to fifty million players and did really well.
Speaker 2: But I now we're years on from that.
Speaker 1: To the point where Apex Legends is on its like slow decline, how can Battlefield six possibly reach one hundred million players?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Mike that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that seems like wacky math to me. I have no idea how it can get to that. It just doesn't seem like a franchise that has that much excitement around it anymore.
Speaker 2: Yep, we'll see how they present it.
Speaker 1: I'm curious, but I think you're right about them kind of just declaring that this is a big deal and hoping that they're they're manifesting.
Speaker 2: It's the secret.
Speaker 1: They've been watching their Oprah, and they they think they can make it happen. Tuesday's Pokemon Presents will be the longest Pokemon broadcast since twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: That's two years ago. Jordan Midler from VGC, what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: The run time for the upcoming Pokemon presentation.
Speaker 2: Has been revealed.
Speaker 1: The Pokemon Company will hold a Pokemon Presents presentation on Tuesday. Although no information has been announced about the content of the stream, we know now how long it will last, as revealed by metadata from the Pokemon YouTube channel. The stream will be just twenty four will be just over twenty four minutes. You know, we should remind people, right Mike that a Pokemon presents does not necessarily mean a Pokemon video game direct. This is a Pokemon the Pokemon company coming to people and saying, here's a bunch of products and apps and maybe sometimes services that we offer up to have to do with Pokemon, and you you shouldn't necessarily believe you're gonna get a ton of news about a ton of different video games. There will be video game news in there. There's no reason to think that's going to be the focus, right.
Speaker 3: No, I think Seanna says specifically, the one that kind of happens around this time is often very product focused. Now they are going to talk about Pokemon legend zy a that game is coming out this year. But for you know, the people like me who are really hoping for a black and white remake and what that to happened, Maybe it happens here, but probably not. All right, you'll probably get you know, here's a couple of new DLC characters for Pokemon you nights, right, and here's you know, a Pikachu if a new hat coming to Pokemon Go. And here's the next card game and another phone app.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: That kind of stuff is most likely, you know, a trailer for another Netflix show or cartoon, a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: I think jan on the Giant Bomb account and chat saying he's done with Pokemon all caps.
Speaker 3: Oh Jay will be brought back in so quickly.
Speaker 2: You go, and you missed the first message.
Speaker 3: I'm done with them because they turned down my press badge inquiry for Pokemon worlds.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wow, Okay, I don't know they personally defended you.
Speaker 3: They didn'tven give you a not for play or whatever.
Speaker 2: They didn't even give me a companion pass this time. That's right, mister companion pass. Janicho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think that they There are people who are in a weird place with Pokemon. I don't think Pokemon is you know, the company is all that worried about changing to accommodate shifting taste among some of their older audience members. They're too good at getting new people playing to really care about that all much. And yet it still feels like Pokemon needs something. It just needs a reckoning of some sort. And that's usually the technology technological side of things. The way the games run, you know, we're at the switch to now those games can run at sixty frames per second, the ones that were really problematic, Scarlet.
Speaker 2: And what was it? Scarlet Violent, Scarlet and Violet Thank you.
Speaker 1: Do you think that they kind of talk about that side of things at all during something like this or is this just them selling stuff?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not, No, no, Anya, I think everybody does want to see, like, what does that next gen look like? Yeah, FIRS made for switch to generation, right, because, like you know, Bonanza has kind of opened my ads a bit, like, Wow, a Nintendo game made for switch to that? Actually something really need and impressive here? What can't Pokemon do? Expectations are low because they haven't done much, but does you know it already seems like they're taking maybe a bit more time here, and now some of that time is going towards the development of Bookemon LEGENDSZA, and that's fine. I'm excited for that game. I liked Legends Archais more than I liked any of the generational games on the Switch one. Yeah, I think everyone just really wants to see what that looks like. But I think we're still a bits away there.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Moving on to different Nintendo news, Nintendo records revealed that staff numbers are up overall and employees rarely leave. This is from Lewis Paquit at Games Industry Now Biz disclosed employee information from Nintendo has revealed that people tend to work for the company for a very long time. Indeed, as spotted by go Nintendo, the employee records, which were updated in June and are for the period from April twenty twenty four through March twenty twenty five, show that people stay at Nintendo for an average of fourteen point four years. The average term of service for Nintendo of America employees, meanwhile, is ten years. For Nintendo of Europe the figure is slightly higher at eleven point one years, and for Nintendo of Australia it's eight point five years. Across the board, men tend to stay for slightly longer than women. The employee turnover rate for Japan is a minus school one point nine percent, which is up to five point seven percent for America, six percent for Europe and sixteen point seven percent for Australia. The stats also revealed that Nintendo has a total of five six hundred and thirty full time employees worldwide, and that number is like a fifth of what Ubisoft has, which is a surprisingly tiny number. Considering how much profit the firm makes. Nintendo report or did a gross profit of nearly five billion dollars for the year ending March thirty first, twenty twenty five, which is equivalent to eight hundred and seventy thousand dollars per employee. For comparison, according to its results for the same year, Sony had twelve thousand employees in its games and network services, down slightly from twelve thousand, seven hundred the year before.
Speaker 2: The division reported operating.
Speaker 1: An income of two point eight billion dollars for the year, equivalent to two hundred and thirty one thousand dollars per employee. I think this is something that came up last year where someone kind of had a chart of how much per employee each company was making, and Ubisoftware was down in like five digits, like less than one hundred thousand per employee, which is clearly unsustainable because that's probably their margin completely eaten up by labor. But like almost a million dollars per employee for Nintendo is in sane an astonished number.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I think the reason that they are able to get to that is because people stick around at Nintendo. Under the subtext of the story. Mike is the thing that actually sets Nintendo apart. Is one the most talented people, especially in Japan, but the most talented people want to work there. They have that Disney like effect. I grew up on this stuff. I'm interested in this, this art form. I want to learn about this art form because I want to work at this place that made me fall in love with the stuff in the first place. And then once those people go to work there, they never leave. They have their they have their lessons that they've learned throughout their career that they apply going forward. And now we're in a situation where like a Mario Wonder comes out and most of the people that work, like most of the five people that made Super Mario Brothers still worked on that game, and they're able to then pass on that now which to the next generation. And now we're kind of like on to like a point where there's a new generation under that new generation that is coming up, and everyone is still there and teaching one another about how to make games, and it shows up in the products right like that, Donkey Kong Bonanza feels like a game made by people who've been making games for forty years.
Speaker 3: No exactly what I was thinking that making that game right, like man, like, you know, certain teams kind of can stick together. I don't know, you just can amass that much confidence and savvy talent and credible things can happen. It's just a shame that there aren't more studios in that position, largely because a lot of other studios are constantly firing and mistreating their employees. And I'm sure Nintendo's not perfect a lot of ways. Right, This isn't talking about wages.
Speaker 2: And or like contract work, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, out of that, yeah, exactly. When you know, honestly, they probably could buy some of these studios, and maybe they shouldn't. Maybe it's better they're independent. I don't know. That is not perfect, but you know, I think that this is part of the key to their success. Is this employee retention?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And obviously there's a lot of other factors that helps Nintendo, you know, them being able to play on the nostalgia side of things to keep people working there and like or attract people in the first place, That of course helps, and not most other companies can't replicate what Nintendo has done. That's why they haven't done that. So it's a little bit of a unicorn situation. But I do think that if there's one thing, like all this information that you get from Nintendo about how they operate, if there's one thing that you should try to replicate as a business, it probably is be pretty conservative conservative with hiring and try to keep people around for as long as you possibly can so once they work in there, treat them as lifetime employees, and that probably will pay off in the long run. It certainly has for Nintendo, all right. Final Fantasy Tactics The Evilest Chronicles is giving fan favorite characters new dialogue. This is from Scott Barrett at Dual Shockers. Final Fantasy Tactics. The Evilist Chronicles is adding new dialogue for fan favorite characters in its enhanced mode, giving the original team the chance to reinsert material that didn't make the cut the first time around. Final Fantasy Tactics The Evilist Chronicles is a ground up remake that attempts to emulate the original game while updating the essentials for modern hardware, such as the visuals. Unfortunately, this remake won't include any of the extra content from the War of Lions PSP port, which means fewer jobs in battles than that version of the game. It turns out that Final Fantasy Tactics the Evilist Chronicles will have more content.
Speaker 2: Was this written? Mike? What does he use the full title each time? Scott? Tell me you're not using AI?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, each website has its own style guide, and you know, maybe the editor there is like, we don't hope you gotta say the full thing every time, and I hope.
Speaker 2: That you continue to respect that.
Speaker 3: Jeff, Yeah, I will.
Speaker 1: I will do it. If he's gonna do it, I'm gonna do it. I knew I was saying around, but I couldn't think of the right way. Evilise is that it the lease?
Speaker 2: Okay? Uh yeah whatever?
Speaker 1: So there there's new dialogue further the game. Mostly, I just wanted to bring this up because one, I can't remember what is your history with Final Fantasy Tactics.
Speaker 2: Have you played? They play them before? For some reason? I think you haven't.
Speaker 3: I only I've started both the original Animarp lines and I actually never got too far. So this is one I've been wanting to replay, right, That's what it was, badly, and like you know, this remake was rumored forever, so I was like, Okay, I'll just wait till that so here comes. So I'm definitely diving in. I am a little like now I'm like, well, crap, what version am I playing? Because it has like the enhanced original version and now this more spruced up with voice acting an extra dialogue version. I assume I will just play that one, but I'm curious to hear what, like you know, the SIKO say when they review it and check out both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always hope in this situation, like when you hear stuff isn't going to be included, it's like easy to get up in your feelings about that sort of thing. I always hope we get on the other side and it's like, oh no, the choices they made worked out really well that that has happened frequently, but there's also no guarantee and it's squery INIX.
Speaker 2: They could easily beef it up.
Speaker 1: Nine remake, yeah is it? Yeah, So they're like they are adding new dialogue to this. They something like this like make you worried, like, oh maybe Final Fantasy nine was like something were doing alongside this, and they felt they had to choose because they wanted to do more work on each of them, and they just chose Tactics over Nine in the end, and they like just put nine on the shelf.
Speaker 3: I think it's anything like that. Whatever's going on with nine is just about that project. I don't think whatever's going on over here had too much to do with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just keep thinking about them talking about wanting to work on fewer projects after their recent financial troubles because of some several big not flops but stuff missing targets as they do for Square INIX. I'm just like, did this get caught up in that for some reason?
Speaker 2: I hope not? But or not? This Final Fantasy nine, I should.
Speaker 3: Say, all right, this was certainly the cheaper project than a Found Fantasy nine remake.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, well we'll see. I'm still actually I'm not. I'm not still hopeful for Final Fantasy nine at this Yeah, I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 3: But I'm not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't blame you. All Right, last few headlines here, let's get through these.
Speaker 1: Atari fifty is getting yet another DLC pack, this time focused on Namco titles.
Speaker 2: This is from Ali Reynolds at Nintendo Life.
Speaker 1: Atari fifty the Anniversary Celebration is getting another DLC expansion in the form of the Namco Legendary Pack DLC. No release date has been set at the time of writing. The new DLC will contain an additional timeline looking at Namco's history with Atari, along with multiple playable versions of Atari, Pac Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Dig Doug, and Zvius, and you can expect a whole load of new photos, archival material, videos, and interviews, with the trailer highlighting more footage from the interviews between Atari's co founder Noan Bushnell and current CEO Wade Rosen.
Speaker 2: I think this stuff rules.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that they're able to do this, because it's like, it feels like, Okay, if they want to like go back and look at these other games, are they going to have to do a whole new game That seems.
Speaker 2: Like it's troublesome to justify.
Speaker 1: But adding DLC packs to this thing that already has established itself as one of the premiere products for understanding Atari's history, just adding it on to that, that's fantastic. I think this is really cool, and I really enjoy the way that this team has approached this stuff. So hearing we're getting even more of those interviews is very exciting. For me, Mike, what do you think about this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Was super cool, especially you know, like like I know that the pac Man twenty six hundred or you know pac Man for the Atari twenty six hundred is in an amazing port. I don't know much about the Atari fifty two hundred version of that, right, like to see you know what that looks like. I really don't know much about the home versions of dig Doug outside of the one I had on an ees. So yeah, yeah, I think all this of us great. I think, you know, Try fifty was a really cool thing, and I love that they're adding more to it, and I'd like to see more kind of history lesson collections like that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I hope they're able to do a ton more that Tetris one what was awesome. One thing I'd like about it is, you know, they have real researchers, real journalists working on these games to do these interviews to sort of like add the editorial side of we are going to have a documentary and so we're going to fact check these claims made by people.
Speaker 2: The Tetris one had what's his.
Speaker 1: Name talking about how he had one of the first RPGs in Japan, and you know he came from the Netherlands or something, or maybe it was Danish he but he like worked in Japan and he released one of this is Hank Rogers or the guy that worked with Alexi Pachanov on Tetris and kind of like looking into that and like that's crazy, that can't be right, and that's like, I don't know by all measures, Like the things sold five hundred thousand copies. It was released his first RPG and it was released in Japan before just about like it was released before Wizardry, which is the thing that really is credited with bringing RPGs as video games to Japan. It's like, man, yeah, that thing must have been pretty influential. Maybe not as influential as Wizardry, but it's just like I love learning little tidbits like that and then like trying to go back and looking like how accurate is this claim? But the thing with these games is you can trust that there's some veracity to it because the people who work on it and make it have a certain bar, a certain standard before they would include just any random claim. So it's like it's a legitimate piece of history that you can learn from and I really appreciate that looking.
Speaker 3: Forward to that Mortal Kombat one pretty ooh boy, Yeah, that's that's very exciting, like one. Honestly one of my most anticipated games is that thing, all right. The age of mechanics is over, claims Shadow of the Colossus director Ueida. This is from Jordan Miller oft VGC Shadow of the Colausus in The Last Guardian director Formido Fumido. Ueida believes that the age of new game mechanics is over. Speaking in a new interview along side Katamari creator Keita Takahashimato Tomato, Oweita shared that he believes the current era of games is focused on improving existing mechanics or focusing on the look and feel of a game, rather than introducing something entirely new. Speaking to a website, Ueita recounted his first reaction to Takahashi's latest game to a t I don't remember exactly why I replied with with a like at the time, but I was probably thinking the era of game mechanics is over, Uweita said, I wonder if we are no longer in the era where we need to provide new devices or new game mechanics.
Speaker 2: Every single game. Does that ring true to you?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't know if I've been thinking about this too much as I read this headline, but it was definitely something like, huh, maybe we should talk that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah's something when you first see the headline sounds kind of scandalous I and you you know, like, oh, we don't need to like obsess over do something completely new every time.
Speaker 2: Part of it is like what's new?
Speaker 3: Right, It's like, how much do we really think Tears of the Kingdom is just banjo kazuoi nuts and bolts, And how much do we actually think it's so improved and more complex than that that it's a new thing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, playing Doctor kunng Bonanza even I've played other destruction games, but a lot of that steel feels.
Speaker 2: New ish to me.
Speaker 3: But if you want to say that's not a new mechanic, then sure, right, Like what's what's a what's a new mechanic? But yeah, look, of course it's going to be harder to think of something brand new or to come up with a game like a Kadamari was At the time, it was like nobody thought about a game where you just rolled stuff up in a giant ball. Maybe that's a bit more difficult, and maybe that shouldn't be like the hook before moving forward with any decent game idea. I don't know, I want, I don't know if I would phrase it as the age of game mechanics is over. Game mechanics is more important than ever, right, But you know we aren't in that PS two era of constantly coming up with brand new ideas, right.
Speaker 2: You know, this makes you just think about a ton of things.
Speaker 1: I think you're right that mechanics are super important right now because visuals have certainly plateaued for almost the last ten years. The thing limiting them is no longer the hardware. It's time and money. And so that's a really dangerous game. You can't get into that race unless you have all the time and money in the world, and that's two or three developers that have that. So you have to set yourself apart in different ways. That means mechanics.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe what he's trying to get at here is, you know, at a certain point in human history of the tradition of telling stories, we discovered there's only so many plots. There's like twenty six plots and maybe for game mechanics, it's something similar like you can run, you can jump, you can plan at something and pull a trigger and a projectile comes out. You can simulate physics. I don't know, it feels like the list can get pretty long.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I felt like I started going down there, when would I stop? And then I obviously it's like okay, So maybe one of those fundamental like building block mechanics, like the era of discovering new one of those certainly does seem like it's probably over. But it's all in the combination of those things, right, it's cooking, It's it's you have all these these the items you can use, you throw them together into a scow to make something new. Or we only have had so many frequencies that we've ever heard in our life. But it still feels like I hear new sounds all the time in music.
Speaker 3: So I think Blue Princess like the great example of that, where it did a lot of things and none of them were necessarily new, but I just never saw them combined in that way and it absolutely created something new. While you're doing that, you know, we're still get like kind of you know, is proximity chat a game mechanic, yes, and maybe not what they mean, but you know, like that's something that feels like it's taken off more recently, and we have been getting stuff like Peak because of that, and I don't know, certainly, playing Peak that still felt kind of new to me and interesting. So yeah, I don't you know, they're trying to imply a stagnation of creative you know, and certainly in like like a big triple A space that it like it wu be sawt Maybe that's the case, but in gaming in general, I don't really worry about that a whole ton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like new ideas are popping off all the time, and even if it's like by his definition, maybe it's not a new mechanic, but there's new ways of play, of engaging in play, and like prox chat is a good example of.
Speaker 3: That, right, But I mean, you know, you know, go being even before too, the game Breath the Wall totally was a lot of new mechanics have stood down. Now Breath the Wall is actually quite a bit old already, right, so that is maybe not of this age anymore. So maybe it's not a great example.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Uh, twelve years after Xbox ones all in vision, Microsoft will no longer sell films or TV shows. Jordy Miller of PGC again, Mike, did you know that they still did that? I did not know.
Speaker 3: Like, can can I go buy seasons of the Office on the Microsoft Store?
Speaker 1: I think you could? Yes, I think again, I literally could. Now can you do that PlayStation? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not buying episodes seasons of TV shows anymore? Yes, apparent, Yes you can on PlayStation. Wow. Okay, interes weird?
Speaker 1: Okay, ps got rid of it too. Okay, so we're getting mixed messages, that's all right. But I was mostly asking something like, should I phrase the pull question for both consoles?
Speaker 2: You guys will see what that is when we get to it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, weird that they ever did. It's not weird that they stopped, but I mean, we know why they were doing at the time. The story of the Xbox one is we have the Xbox three sixty and it's connected to the internet. So we see how how everyone uses their thing, and they're all using it to watch Netflix. They're watching way more TV and movies. Then they're playing video games. We need to get into that business because that's where the money's going to be made. So they re oriented everything to be on that side of the fence. And boy, that's not what people actually bought their consoles for. Maybe it's why they used them, but it's not why they bought them. And it's honestly that that was the moment where Xbox just lost it and they were.
Speaker 2: Never able to like really recover.
Speaker 1: And I doubt they sold all that many movies and TV shows in the meantime. They Boy, they have a knack for deciding to get into a game as it's starting to fall apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like Kyle, like, were they like recently adding new movie still? Like, so, yeah, that's incredible. I almost like want to go buy movie on there.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I think I think I like did a Warrior sixty four code once and got a free movie. I think it's like the lego Batman movie. I think I have that on my Xbox account.
Speaker 3: I don't think I got you know, as far as just because I don't care that much about movies anymore. But I can't tell you the last time I bought a like bott A movie. I don't own any movies anymore, and it's kind of sad, and it's just also where I am.
Speaker 2: I don't own movies. It's bad. Last story here.
Speaker 1: Amazon's Mass Effect adaptation has the same team behind it as the Fallout show.
Speaker 2: This is from Alex ho at Game Reactor.
Speaker 1: It appears that Amazon has a trusted team working on its video game adaptations, as two major projects are sharing the same team. Both Mass Effect and have the same team attached to them, as confirmed by Mass Effect writer and producer Daniel Casey and a post on Instagram, Casey reveals that the pilot has been scripted and the series outline is written to the team that Amazon has in place. It's a quote now, same team as Fallout, including the fantastics fantastic Scott Ferris is incredible, he writes. I don't know if that means like everyone down to like like the all the showrunners and things like that.
Speaker 2: I think it's like gonna be different parts here and there.
Speaker 1: But I think what he means is like the product, the producing team, the executive producers, and maybe some of the actual producers.
Speaker 2: Either way, Like I take this as.
Speaker 1: I hope I'm hopeful when I hear this, because I thought that Fallout Show was pretty good. It's not what I think about a lot, but I definitely when I was watching it, enjoyed myself, and I think if mass Effect can hit that level of quality, I'll be very happy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm like at a point now, Mike where I'm like, hey, I think I want a good mass Effect show. Like, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to get a good mass Effect show. So maybe that part of that is just me fooling myself. But I don't know, what do you think.
Speaker 3: I mean, it could definitely be done. I think it could be even more expensive than a Fallout show. Those aliens are, you know, because it was a video game. That was one of the cool things about Mass Effect was that they don't didn't have to design the aliens to just be in that Star Trek mold. It's a human with you know, one or two face prosthetics. They really look like aliens. So you either have to have really complicated makeup and costumes or it's just got to be all CG solutions for that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's not like, yeah, you know those are very prominent, right, Like if you have a garrisype character, it's going to be in a lot of scenes if you have a Rex like characters, So it could be expensive. A lot of TV is expensive. Now, that probably isn't a problem. I wonder, you know, with the Fallout show, they weren't adapting any specific Fallout story, right, they did something new.
Speaker 1: It kind of did the Marvel thing right where you take you take the lore and sort of adapt various arcs or various.
Speaker 2: Ideas and apply that to film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I you know. I even though just doing a adaptation of the Commander Shepherd story would be popular, I could see him going that route. I could see it maybe being easier and a bit more freeing if they also just do some other story in the Mass Effect universe. Although that's a little tricky because so far there have been uh zero uh well received non Commander Shepherd stories in the Massifect. We're Fallout had a bunch of different stories. There aren't reoccurring characters, blah blah blah. With Mass Effect, maybe there's a bit more of an expectation like hey, where's where is Gears? Where is Rex? Where are where is Lee R? Where are these people?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I I mean, you know, if I were to sit down and start thinking like what would I do if if I were making this show. It's like it's tough because they're clearly going to want a human main character. But I would want to do something with the what was the rank the special rank that Commander Shepherd got there, Yes, like I would do something with that crew. But maybe that could be like something that's happening in the background that the humans are dealing with, and that could be where the source of the attention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, Respector there's like funny memes at the time with like every BioWare game having like the same plot. It's like of like being welcome into like super super secret cool club. Yes, you are a Jedi, you are a specter, you are a warden. It was always the same thing. It's like day They do do that a lot.
Speaker 1: That's they they knew it worked for their the genre of video game they were making, and they're not wrong.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Poll questions, Let's get to that visitor you are in the veil gud christ I.
Speaker 2: Just keep doing it and never stopped doing it. On pole question.
Speaker 1: From last week, let's see here we go. Do you want Infamous to come back?
Speaker 2: Yes? No? Or who?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Sixty one?
Speaker 1: Percent said yes, twenty five percent said no, and thirteen percent said who yeah, Man, Okay, people want Infamous back.
Speaker 2: I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by that.
Speaker 1: Do you think enough people want Infamous back that Sony and which has to pay for the Spider Man lesson license separate for the games as opposed to the movie. Do you think that they would be like, hey, maybe we should just go back to Infamous and save one hundred million dollars on licensing fees.
Speaker 3: Kind of see it, right, Yeah, like the Spiermen thing might start to run out of juice a little bit. Maybe not those those games.
Speaker 1: Do, but enough enough that like the licensing fee comes into play, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like we can't make it's not called. Do you think we're not gonna be able to get these Spider Man games forever?
Speaker 2: Even even with two?
Speaker 3: There risks like some people like that's already falling off. So that's so sold incredibly well, so maybe that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see them. There's there's a lot.
Speaker 3: Jeff like, I don't think we're ever going to see resistance again. I don't know if we see kills them again. Resistance, that's one or excuse me, infamous. That's one I can see them perhaps trying again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe at some point, not anytime soon, because no, they're.
Speaker 3: Busy with yeah, Wolverine and three other Spider Man games, and you know, I hope we get a Ratchet and Clank. That's that's the good shit to me.
Speaker 1: But yeah, right, if they do something else, it probably would be Ratchet and Clank.
Speaker 2: This is you know the games you just mentioned. It's like X Men is also there.
Speaker 1: They're making that and that's like coming out in twenty thirty or supposed to come out in like twenty.
Speaker 3: Ten, right supposedly too. So yeah, like no, but you know when I say something, I mean maybe fifteen years from now, right.
Speaker 1: Right, Eventually they will get on the other side of this Marvel license.
Speaker 2: They just will.
Speaker 1: And at that point I think they might reconsider Infamous, but I don't know if it happens anytime soon. Maybe they do a remake of the first two games, because those are I think they stream on the cloud if you want to play them on PlayStation four and five, And yeah, just do native versions re releases of those that that would go a long way. We have a new poll question before we get to that though, Mike Manatti, why don't you tell people where they can find you on the internet?
Speaker 3: What you have gone on the Infamous was an insomniac. Oh my god, it's sucker punch.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, God, yeah, uh okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, when you started saying that last one on my brain caught, like skipped a little bit. I'm like, no, we've been talking this whole time. We would have caught it by now. So Rock Rocket Robot on wheels should come back instead, is what we were trying to say. Yeah, go do that.
Speaker 2: It live production. The brain doesn't always work. I should have.
Speaker 3: Known because there's no wacky weapons in Infamous. It's just powers, just powers.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: They just take Troy Baker and make him the character in one of those games. So I was looking at a character Bob, I'm like, that looks like Troy Baker, and.
Speaker 3: What an in an Infamous? Now now I'm all sorts of messed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and an Infamous.
Speaker 1: You know what, Mike, you just you take the rest of the show off. I'll have Yeah, no problem. I don't know, you can't live Why did he do that? I don't know he takes bits too far. This is the problem with him. We have the meeting soon. I'll bring it up.
Speaker 2: There as one of the plans that we'll have against them. Yeah, you can yell at him ill.
Speaker 3: You should probably have to see semen at some point.
Speaker 2: God damn, I felt bad.
Speaker 3: I came back and that's still my intro think what I joined Apparently.
Speaker 1: New Pole question, did you buy movies or TV shows through your Xbox? I'm legit curious if anyone ever did this, yes or no. You can respond to the poll. We'll get the results. We'll talk about it on Game Mess Mornings. Here on Giant Bomb on Wednesday, Speaking a Giant Bomb, Mitch owns mondays, Mike, is it a full on Monday?
Speaker 2: Mitch Mega Block sureous.
Speaker 3: What I wanted to say. I think Troy Baker played that guy who was the Native American. That was great. But then I was like, I better be careful because that wasn't true. But apparably that did happen. Yeah, it's Monday. We're gonna play Missed We I beat Missed one.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: That will be fun. And then yeah, Mega Man tonight, Uh gosh, I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm gonna play for that yet, I gotta we'll figure that out. Figure something fun.
Speaker 2: Mega man throwing a recommendation. It's a new game. I guess I won't see we get your code.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Last time I played dragons Layer, that was a very old game.
Speaker 2: People, listen, you can play whatever you want. A raoundation. Okay, let's let's see. I got the Drifter.
Speaker 1: It is the hot new point and click adventure with PixL graphics that people are going ape shit for. Uh did it did really well in reviews last week?
Speaker 2: It's on on Steam. You can check it out there.
Speaker 3: This is wadget. Nope, I look at that. Let's kind of eat Now. Not all of us have your fancy Steam account.
Speaker 2: Sure I was gonna say, I'll try to get your code.
Speaker 3: Yeah I should probably, you know what I wish I should play this game at some point. This looks up my alley.
Speaker 2: I think I think it looks up your Alley's what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: Add to wish list. There you go.
Speaker 2: There you go? All right?
Speaker 1: So Mitchell on mondays, uh here pretty soon? What time does the that start? You're gonna do Monday mornings? Missed with Mitch where I'll be on that as well, starting at one thirty pm.
Speaker 2: Does that sound right to you?
Speaker 3: Pacific or Eastern? Yeah, yeah, that's sounds right now. I know that Megan Man's at eight pm Eastern, Yes for sure. Let me we have a calendar. Let me open that up real quick.
Speaker 2: La la la. Yeah, it says one thirty here for yes.
Speaker 3: One thirty Eastern for missed everybody. We're doing great. We have a meeting too. I got some paneras here, I got some. I got maca cheese. My my, my tummy is a little hurdy after kolonoscope. I think because the biof ss are healing that they did like I don't know, I don't I don't know why, but I'm like, soft food will be better for me. So give me mac and cheese.
Speaker 1: Macon cheese will heal you for sure? That's what the colon craves. All right, everybody, I think we're probably gonna wrap up the show. Mike Manati, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games.
Speaker 2: Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did it, you did it. Thank you all did it as well. Thank you for watching. Thank you for listening. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye.
Speaker 2: M