Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Dan Caples Show on a Tuesday afternoon, and this is Well Cany Shriff Steve Riams filling in on the driver's seat again day two of two, but we're going to start out with a special guest with us on right away at the top of the show. Here we have Representative Gabe Evans from the eighth Congressional District out of the mostly Greeley area.
Speaker 3: Rep. Evans, how are you doing this afternoon.
Speaker 4: Always good to be on with you, Shriff.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Hey, I wanted to bring you on to talk about the one Big Beautiful Bill you had a press conference last week, but I think it would be it would be not fair of us to start with that with what went on over the weekend in Boulder. I know that you don't necessarily represent Boulder, but you do represent Colorado and this thing hits close to home for all of us, especially for you. I would assume as a former law enforcement officer out of the Arvada Police Department, what are your thoughts on the goings on this weekend in the city of Boulder.
Speaker 4: Well, first and foremost, Sheriff. Of course, our hearts absolutely go out to these individuals through the victims of this heinous and we'll call it what it is. It's a bias motivated anti Semitic terrorist attack. I mean, what else do you call somebody fire bombing a peaceful walk of the you know, for the Jewish community. So, of course our hearts go out to them. But you know, your your Sheriff, I was a cop and a soldier for twenty two years. We're wired for action. Thoughts and feelings aren't enough, and so we have to look at why did this happen? How do we make sure this doesn't happen again? And then, unfortunately, you know, I think we know a big piece of the answer. You know, I joined the army right after the September eleventh terrorist attacks. We had a nine to eleven commission that looked at how do we prevent terrorist attacks from happening in the United States Again. One of the big takeaways from the nine to eleven commission was that federal, state, and local law enforcement need to be able to share information to be able to identify and prevent these attacks from occurring. And when state and local law enforcement in Colorado cannot share information with their federal counterparts because of Colorado's sanctuary state laws, we're trying to solve a puzzle with only half the pieces here, particularly when you look at this guy's history. He'd been planning this attack for a year. He tried to buy a gun, which was denied because he is an illegal immigrant, over stayed two visas from a country with known Jihadis problems at a time of heightened anti semitism. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation would have seen that denied background check, but they can't do anything about it because our governor just signed yet another sanctuary state law that finds cops fifty thousand dollars if they share that sort of information with Immigration and Customs. So we're literally giving sanctuary and safe harbor to terrorists in Colorado as a result of the sanctuary state laws, which fly in the face of the nine to eleven commission that says we've got to be able to share information back and forth to solve to solve the puzzle and be able to identify people like this before they go firebomb a peaceful Jewish walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I won't go through the play in the whole audio, but one of your colleagues, Congressman Jason Crowe, actually made the tried to make the pivot to blame this issue on Donald Trump not having done anything in the last six months since he's been in office. It's just a disgusting take. I mean, quite frankly, you hit the nail on the head. You know, we have laws in the state of Colorado that make it nearly impossible for local law enforcement, including CBI, to work with ice. And so when this thing happens where the guy goes and tries to buy a gun, really the penalty is he didn't get he didn't get the gun, which is you know, that's good the law worked. But you know there was no action taken from that point to reaffirm exactly what you said. You know, yesterday we had Tom Homan on a great interview with him, and I know you respect the heck out of the work he's doing. He was talking about some of the things they're going to bring into the state of Colorado. They're going to flood the zone, in his words, get more ICE agents here. And I want to use that to kind of pivot to the event we had last week was which is a press conference you called at the Colorado State Capitol to better explain to the media what the One Big Beautiful Bill does and doesn't do. And while I questioned your sanity of having that event at the state Capitol, I was happy to join you and I'll just let you have the mic and kind of explain to the listeners why you chose to do that event at the Colorado State Capitol and kind of what you see are the strengths of the One Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, and that's a great segue, you know, just addressing one thing that you brought up. Let's look at the last four years under the Biden administration. We know because this was information that the ICE released. You get six hundred and sixty seven thousand individuals illegally present in the United States with known criminal records. This isn't illegally present. This is illegally present with known criminal records. You've got thirteen thousand individuals illegally present in the United states under the Biden administration with homicide convictions, and so for anyone to say that this is the fault of the administration, the current administration, the current administration has been in power for around four months. You can't go solve a problem of the magnitude that the Biden administration left us with hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants with criminal convictions in the community. You can't solve that in four months. Which is why we need this big beautiful bill. Because this big beautiful bill does a lot of different things. It adds tens of billions of dollars of funding to border security so that we don't continue to have this influx of people into the country, which includes you know, terrorists and cartel members and known criminals. So we get the border secured. We have the resources to actually be able to recruit and retain quality law enforcement personnel in CBP and in ICE, which is you know, you're a sheriff, you know the struggle to recruit and retain and good folks. So at the federal level, we're making sure that we have those resources to take care of our people. And by just being able to realign and refocus federal law enforcement and all of the federal architecture that's designed to protect our country both at the borders and in our communities. The resources to be able to do that, to get six hundred and sixty seven thousand folks with criminal convictions out of our country, those resources are in the big, Big Beautiful Bill. Other things that are in the Big Beautiful Bill no tax on tips, no tax on overtime. There is a deduction in the bill. One of the rules with reconciliation is you can't do anything that says social Security in it. That's one of the Senate rules. They kick it back. So we couldn't do a no tax on Social Security because that would have been kicked out by the rules of the Senate. So we had to do a deduction for seniors. But the deduction for seniors is such that the average senior who makes seventy five thousand dollars a year or less will have no Social Security tax liability. With this additional deduction, we're making sure that the tax rate on small businesses doesn't go up. That helps the economy, that helps jobs. We're actually increasing the child the child tax credit for working families with kids. Right now, it's at two thousand dollars. We're raising it to twenty five hundred dollars. That puts more money back into the pockets of working families. We're increasing the standard deduction. So if you're a millionaire, you tend to itemize your tax returns to go find all of the different you know, all the different ways to lower your taxes. If you're if you're like me, I took the standard deduction like last year. You know, you know, working class folks tend to take the standard deduction. So we're raising the standard deduction, which puts more money back into the pockets of the bottom eighty about eighty five percent away journer. So you'll hear folks say, oh, this is tax breaks for billionaire.
Speaker 3: False.
Speaker 4: We're not doing anything with the billionaire tax rate. What we are doing is lowering the tax liability for the bottom eighty five percent of folks. We're lowering the tax liability for working families. We're lowering the tax liability for seniors, for people that work jobs where you get paid over time, for people that are working in a tipped industry. All of those things put money back in pockets of everyday hard working Americans. It lowers the cost of living. It gets you more money when you're working your job. And then we already talked the public safety piece of it, which unfortunately Colorado is now the second most dangerous state in the country. Being able to have that public safety resources just is crucial to try to prevent things like what happened in Boulder from happening again, despite the state turning a blind eye to the public safety crisis that the Democrats have created.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you hit a lot of good points, and you would think that the public, even on the left, would say, well, this is man, this is going to be good for America. It's going to be good pocketbook. But there's some audio I want to play just so the listeners get an idea, get an idea of exactly what you were dealing with down there. Actually, Congressman Evans, would you mind holding through a break so that we can play that audio so the listeners get a chance to hear that hear exactly what we went through while you were trying to explain the good aspects of this bill. Just a quick break and then we'll come back to that. Sure, okay, So we'll cut to a break. When we come back, we'll play a little bit of audio so the listeners get a true flavor for what we were dealing with down at the state Capitol. Again, we've got Representative Gabe Evans on from the eighth Congressional District talking to us about the one Big Beautiful Bill. We'll cut to a break. We'll be right back in just a few minutes. You're listening to the Dan Capless Show with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Reims in the driver's seat.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 6: So the question from Marshall was like a teacher repeating the question for all the class to hear. Republican Congressman Gabe Evans needed to listen closely and talk loud enough to overcome protesters who showed up at his news conference about the one Big Beautiful bill that passed the House last week. Congressman, how many of the two hundred and fourteen thousand on Medicaid in your districts are cheats that need to be kicked off? After repeating my question for all to hear, here's what Evan said.
Speaker 7: We went through the answer.
Speaker 8: Marshal, you've got illegal immigrants, You've got people who are ineligible for the program. Those are the ones who will be removed from the program. And then we have four point eight million people across the country able body, working age adults with no dependence who have the ability to choose to go to your work or school.
Speaker 3: Or volunteer part time.
Speaker 8: In order to keep their Medicaid benefits.
Speaker 6: I'm looking for a number in your districts who are in those category.
Speaker 8: People who are no longer eligible for Medicaid?
Speaker 6: Do you not know the number? That sounds again, I'm telling you the number right now.
Speaker 5: You may not like the answer, but that's the answer.
Speaker 9: Next question.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan Kapla Show with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Reims and as the guest host. And that audio is not from our studio audience. That is actually from a clip from nine News when they covered the event that Congressman Gabe Evans hosted down at the State Capitol. And I wanted to play that for the for the listeners and for Gabe Evans also not to give him PTSD, but as a reminder about just how welcoming everyone was down at the State Capitol. So Representative Evans, I know that that particular question was drawing a lot of a lot of heat because it was about Medicaid, Medicare and what was going to be done in the big the one big beautiful bill to kind of reform and restructure the way some of those those handouts are given. And I think it's only fair that you get to explain how the bill actually works without people screaming at you while you do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really appreciate that. And you know, the I asked the question back, which of course didn't get aired by our good reporter friend there, which was how many illegal immigrants he thought should be on taxpayer funded healthcare? And now he didn't answer my question either with that answer. So here's what the big beautiful bill does in the Medicaid space. If you are a somebody with medical complexities, disabilities, you're pregnant, you're a kid, guess what you're the person that Medicaid was designed to serve. And unfortunately, right now your benefits are getting stolen by illegal immigrants, of which they are estimated to be one point four million on the program ineligible people because the Biden administration paid people to stay home and then gave them taxpayer funded healthcare and prohibited states from even being able to go and check and see who is no longer eligible for the program. And then, like we talked about, you've got able bodied, working aged adults with no dependents who are choosing not to work, go to school, or volunteer part time in order to receive taxpayer funded healthcare. The illegal immigrants, the people who are eligible, and the able bodied, working aged adults with no dependents who want work, volunteer, go to school part time. Those are who the bill is aimed at. If you are somebody who relies on it because you have disabilities, you have cancer, you have an expensive condition, you're dealing with substance abuse, you're a kid, anything like that, we're not touching your benefits. We are making sure that more resources go to you and don't get siphoned off by those other three categories that we talked about. As for why we chose to do it down at the state capitol, well, medicaid is a partnership between the federal government, which writes a big part of the check, and the state, which actually implements the program. And so when we pass this big, beautiful bill and put it on the President's desk, we held our press conference down at the state Capitol, because the state is then going to have to react and choose. Are they going to continue to ensure illegal immigrants, are they continuing to take taxpayer money and give it to people who aren't even legally present in the United States, or are they going to change? And so we wanted to carry the fight to the Democrats and also highlight that Democrats truly are fear mongering in this issue.
Speaker 7: You heard the audio.
Speaker 4: They have zero interest in the dialogue. They just want to yell, not listen to the facts. And so those are the two reasons we did it down at the state Capitol. Take the fight to the heart of Denver where a lot of these lunatic policies are coming from, and also show that the left has no interest in dialogue in this point. They literally just wanted to yell at me for an hour.
Speaker 2: Well they accomplished the yelling. And as someone who took part in that event, and I appreciate you, I say that I really do appreciate you inviting myself and Representative Carlos barn and Senator Byron Pelton down to speak about aspects of the bill. You know, it's always it's always maddening to me when you hear about this, this group that wants to coexist, they want to lean in and listen to conversations. And then you get down there and you no sooner took the stage and this group just started shouting at you and chanting and screaming and singing these hypocritical songs over the top of everything. But despite that, you remain professional. I think everybody remained professional, you know, kept giving their right answers to explain how this bill worked. But that's what you're running into everywhere you go. I would assume where you're in mixed company. Am I stating that incorrectly?
Speaker 9: Well, like we.
Speaker 4: Said, there's folks in our community, the vast majority of Americans want to have a dialogue. The vast majority of Americans are reasonable, common sense people who want to see their taxpayer dollars used wisely and for the federal government to be good stewards of that money. And so for those folks, I'm always willing to have that dialogue, in that conversation talk about what this bill does. But unfortunately you've got a very loud minority of people, which we experienced last week, but again are doubling down on the fear mongering. They don't want to have a conversation, They don't want to have any dialogue about the potential issues. They just want to yell. And so, you know, being able to have forms like this to actually be able to get the truth out about what the bill does, how the bill protects those people who needs it by cutting out the fraud, waste and abuse. And again, I can't make this more clear.
Speaker 7: If you are.
Speaker 4: Disabled, if you have medical complexity, if you've got expensive medications, guess what, this doesn't apply to you. In fact, we're doubling down on making sure that more resources go to you by cutting out the fraud, waste and abuse in other parts of the system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you and a Congresswoman Bobert did a great job of explaining, Hey, you wanted to get rid of fraud, waste, and abuse. We're doing that so that more money can go to the people who deserve it. Oh and by the way, you know, if we expect you to do a little bit of work to get some of these benefits, oh my gosh, I mean, especially if you're an able bodied person who can have a job and just refuse to do so. You know, those aren't the people that should be on the government's dime. And you've both said that very well.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that's because it's the truth of the bill. It really is a common sense bill when you look at the facts of what it does around border security, around getting criminals and terrorists out of our community, and around cutting taxes for the working class, around protecting tipped workers, overtime workers, seniors, and then again cutting the fraud, waste and abuse out of Medicaid so that it's there. And I guess my closing thought to you would be, we're not even cutting Medicaid. Anyone who says that we're cutting Medicaid clearly hasn't looked at the bill, because under the Republican plan, Medicaid spending will still increase every single year. Medicaid is going to grow twenty five percent under this plan, it's just going to grow more efficiently because we're getting rid of the fraud, wasted abuse, We're getting rid of the one point four million illegal immigrants, the one point two million people who are not even eligible for the program, but the Biden admin paid them to stay home and get free taxpayer funded healthcare. And we're asking four point eight million people, Like we said, this is their choice. This number could be zero, but the official estimate is four point eight million able bodied, working aged adults with dependents are going to choose their choice. They're going to choose not to work, volunteer, or go to school part time. Part time being defined as eighty hours a month. I don't know about you, Sheriff, but you know every job I've ever had, I've had to work to get my health.
Speaker 2: Care, absolutely and sometimes eighty hours a week. We just have a few seconds left. What's the How does this thing get through the Senate? Will it happened quickly? We got about ten seconds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's in the Senate right now. We're aiming to get it on the President's desk by the fourth of July.
Speaker 2: Perfect, And you know, best of luck to you. Appreciate you coming on the show, and you know, I know you're going through heck sometimes but keeping the fight. And again, thanks for being on the show. You're listening to Dan Caplis with well Kendy Sheriff Steve Riams setting in as a guest host.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan Caplis show with Well County Sheriff Steve Riams setting in here today covering for Dan as he's off doing important court work or trial work, whatever you want to call it. But just want to say thank you to Congressman Gabe Evans for coming on and staying on with us a little longer than I think he expected. And we do have a few callers that popped up, and for those of you that haven't called in yet, the number here is three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. I love to have conversations with you, and you can also text in at five seven seven three nine. Start your text with Dan so that I know it's coming to me, and we'll try to make sure we read all those or interact with all those as they come in. We'll get to one here real quick because it's kind of funny. It's from our good listener, Alexa. She says a Brocler Reims show would likely break the records of live listeners and downloads for k how I'm not sure that's even close to accurate, but it'd be entertaining for at least a show or two. So let's go to Rusty from Denver. He's got some questions about benefits from the one big beautiful bill, and I'll do my best to try to interact with that, rusty.
Speaker 3: What do you got for us?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 3: Sure with you, Yeah, you bet.
Speaker 7: I wasn't clear about something that Congressman Evans said, Okay, And my understanding of what he said is if the bill were to pass, there's going to be a cut in medicare given to the states of medicare grants. I guess they're called to the states, and that's going to be based on the number of illegals that they estimate are currently drawing benefits. In other words, that that amount will be reduced to the states, and then it would be up to the states to decide how whatever is left is allocated. Is that correct? Do you get that out of what he said?
Speaker 2: I think you're kind of on point there from what I understand. Yes, they're going to allocate the funds based on those who are actually eligible to receive them. So the argument is that there are potentially illegals that are are receiving those those funds right now. And even though even though it's partially matched from this ate, the lion's share of it comes from from the fed, so they're saying, hey, we're not going to give you money for these people who shouldn't be on the system. So if the state doesn't clean it up, yeah, you could see a cut here in the state of Colorado in the way I understand it. Again, I'm no Congressman. I have stated a motel six a couple of times when I was a kid, but that's about as far as I get.
Speaker 7: So if Colorado wanted to continue to provide some benefits to illegals, they could, but there wouldn't be as punch to go around as there is now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would doing it.
Speaker 2: They'd be doing that at the detriment of regular citizens, as I understand it. And Congressman, I'm sorry. Congresswoman Lauren Bowood will be on in the second hour and we can specifically try to get down to that with her as well to try to get a better understanding. I've been I've been reading through the bill and it's like a thousand pages long, So trying to get to all the details of that and memorize it is a challenge for.
Speaker 8: For anybody for doing that.
Speaker 7: So we don't have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I don't suffer from insomnia, one of them.
Speaker 3: When I'm reading.
Speaker 7: Through that, my concern is that the Colorado voters are so flueless or I don't know if they're plulass, but they're just left that they'll continue to want to fund people who shouldn't get it according.
Speaker 9: To my values.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you on that. I'm afraid. Yeah, I'm afraid that the priorities will be given as they have been. You know, we'll continue to honor these sanctuary laws that Governor Pulis says we don't have, and it'll negatively, it could negatively impact some people who really need those benefits.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I think the I think the administration is trying to draw hardline in the sand, and uh, this bill's not done. It's got to go through the Senate and kind of make its way back. But yeah, I think there's some potential there. If if fraud, waste, and abuse aren't rooted out at the state level, then yeah, it could be it could be troublesome for few folks.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, thank you, thanks for the conversation, you.
Speaker 2: Bet Russy, thanks for calling in, and again if you'd like to call in and then discuss our conversation with Congressman Gabe Evans. He's not still with us to answer these questions himself, but you can call in it three h three seven one three eight two five five or text ind A five seven seven three nine start your text with Dan so again I can pick it up here and make sure I know which ones I'm reading. And we have another caller on the line. We have Dean from RVEDA. Dean, what do you have for Uskay?
Speaker 7: Sure, Hey, I have a question about the rost over and Boulder.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Now, I have a couple of talk show guys today got home longmore he qualified to go to Gitmo.
Speaker 2: Well, I you know, I think that's uh. I think the all things are on the table at this point. Right now, I believe he's been transferred from what I heard to An to the ice facility where he's being held.
Speaker 3: That now, that may be inaccurate.
Speaker 2: He may still be in Boulder County, but regardless, I think once he sentenced, he could very easily end up in Gitmo or super Max or wherever. But up until the time that he stands trial, depending on which route they go, whether they're going to try him in the in the state system or in the federal system. I mean that's kind of what decides it right now. But I think the Feds are going to take the top line here. And I would thoroughly understand if Gitmo's on the table, Yes.
Speaker 7: Aren't they the terrors to hit nine to eleven? Then they just still they didn't have it?
Speaker 9: They did they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they went to Getmo for well, the majority of the ones that were you know, the helpers and the planners. Uh yeah, yeah they they Yeah, the ones that weren't on the plane.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: I think a bunch of those folks ended up in Gitmo, and may some of them may still be there to this day because there's there's some concerns about whether or not they can be prosecuted accurately and uh, you know, whether they they have to fall under the same federal system as everyone else.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, would be nice if you can get a Davy waterboarding exercise to well, you know, I don't have any heart for guys like that. I mean, I'm pretty ruthless when I start thinking about errors like that, uh, you know, and the guy like uh Jason Crowe, the big counts come back and that polus Uh, I mean the stuff that they're letting happen, is UH, and they all know we're not a Saintuary's sake. I cannot wait till Trump just comes in with the bag. Amory said, guess what, we're cutting all your federal funding, becasing baras. SAME's great safe. I don't care if it hurts uh. You know worse when he cuts funds. His Democrats got to figure out and you start voting the right way.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I agree with you in a lot of ways. You know, the previous color that was on here was making that point to your to your you know exactly that for medicaid. A lot of people don't know this. A lot of people don't know this, but almost every jail in the state to Colorado gets what we call scap funds, UH. And those are funds that are given to UH to to jails for holding illegals so that they can be processed by ice. And if you think about that, in this state, that's an absolute waste of funds because we've passed a law that says, well, you can't hold them past their date of release. So we're really not we're not fulfilling our end of that of that contract with the Feds, but they've still been sending that money for for a decade or at least over a decade. And Denver, the Denver, the Denver County Jail gets the lion's share of those uh. And we know that they don't play ball, right, So yeah, it's going to be interesting when those federal funds dry up. And I think that's a that's an absolute thing that can happen.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, the mirror's finding out how bad he had sty They are so far in the red, there's I don't see how they can.
Speaker 3: Be like that guy.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a cost good, there's.
Speaker 2: A cost to being a sanctuary city, and he's feeling it right now, and you know, and his employees are too. You know, they're going to go through through these budget cuts all to say, hey, we took care of the illegals that we're here.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's it's insanity. So I appreciate it. Thank you, appreciate the.
Speaker 2: Phone call, Dean. We're going to cut the break. We got a couple of guys waiting to talk with us when we come back. Stay through the stay through the break here, and we'll get to you. In that last segment you're listening to the Dankaplas Show here on six thirty k HOW with Weld County Shriff Steve Riams as your guest host.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the dan Capla Show with Weld County Shaff Steve Riams setting in as the guest host today. And let's just get right back to the calls. Since you guys are loading up the lines. We've got Doug and Frederick. You got some questions on the cuts in the One Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 9: How you doing, Triff? I goodn't talk to you again. Yeah, it was good to hear at Gabe Evans. I voted for him. I get my part in the neighborhood here Farim and I live up hearing Frederick in there. And Lauren Bopart used to be my congress woman when I years ago when I lived done Junction Soresent. Yeah, and so you have Lauren coming up, and I hope gave Perhaps Congressman Evans is listening. I agree with everything Congressman Evans said. And we've got to get these freeloaders off the system, and we've got to get illegals off the system. They have no business there, but I don't. I want to bring one thing up and if sure, if you could, I would, I would do anything for you to do this to bring us up to Lauren bow Part when you talk to her. No one's even very few people have heard the try West debacle. Uh with with military healthcare. Uh, this is so important to try West, to try care and the contract. Everything is overloaded, the systems totally. Why Biden did this out the door, I don't know U. Lauren Baupar Evans and others. The congressman down in the Springs, I forget his name right now. Another. Yes, they're all. They've all talked about this. I talked to their offices. But I'm gonna nowhere. She's getting over she has a son nine years old with the nerve disease and she can't get coverage right now. The people that deserve coverage more than any of us aren't getting coverage.
Speaker 5: And this is unbelievable to me.
Speaker 3: And this is benefits. This is yeah, just for clarification, Yes, sir.
Speaker 9: For he's a he's a he's a masters starts at the army right now. My nephew, my my niece's a husband and they're having a really hard time. He was gonna go in another five years. They're gonna get out because they're so tired of it, and my niece can't sleep at night. I don't know why people aren't aware this and why nothing's being done by good people. I gave Evans and Lawn Beaupark because they are good people, and I don't understand it. So to try Westbacle going into try Care. If you could bring that up, I would appreciate it there so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, we'll bring it up on the air, and you know, if nothing else I can tell you that I'll text both of them and uh, you know, if there's a way we can connect, maybe off the air, if you can leave your phone number for Kelly or or somebody, then I can hopefully connect the two of you, because you know, if we're going to have a show, we might as well figure out a way to make those connections from from time to time if we can. But Doug, thanks for calling in. If you will hold on the line, and yeah, just hold on the line and leave your number with with Kelly and I'll make sure that we get you connected to the Congress congressman or woman, whichever is more helpful to you. But I'll try to bring that question up on the show as well. Thanks for calling in. You know, I think as we talk about the one big, Beautiful Bill, there's a lot of questions because it's a thousand page bill, and I mean, this thing is it's a beast.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many of the listeners out there have pulled it up. But you get on Google and do a pretty simple search and you can scroll for.
Speaker 3: Days going through this thing. It is.
Speaker 2: It is somewhat helpful that it has like a you know, a little bit of a hint sheet, if you will, that tells you you know where to go or how far down to page necessarily to look for specific items that you're interested in. You know, the area that I'm most concerned with is obviously the border border security. You know, how's that going to affect ice and border patrol. And there's plenty of funds set aside for that. You go into the Department of Defense and you see I mean gigantic numbers going into that area. So I think those are things that you can support. But there's some questions that I think, uh, as this thing goes to the Senate, are are going to have to get addressed. You know, it does raise the debt ceiling, and that's that's concerning for a lot of people, because well, you know, we're already pretty far upside down as a nation, and how much farther can we go? And I don't know where the Senate's going to come out on this thing, but we do know that we have to get our border and our our nation secure, and that that's the Department of Defense, that's Border Patrol, that's ICE and so those those funds have to happen as we go into the next hour. Though, I kind of want to prime the pump a little bit because yesterday we talked a lot about, you know, the event that happened in Boulder. We had borders are Tom homan on kind of talking about some of the efforts that we can predict here in Colorado. So we're going to see ten thousand agents funded through this one big, beautiful bill and hopeful that many of them will be making a visit to Denver and Colorado in the coming months. I also helped to try to secure a facility up in Welld County, a vacated prison just outside of Hudson with fourteen hundred beds, and I think ICE is in the process of figuring out how to stand that prison back up and use it as a detention facility. So all those things combined, I think we can expect that in twenty twenty six, potentially we're going to see We're going to see ICE make Colorado its home for the foreseeable future until they can get some movement here. Do you think that's the right thing? As a listener, do you think that's the right direction for the FEDS to go is to focus on these sanctuary states and you try to start cleaning up the act even when our local elected officials aren't cooperative, or would you rather see your funds go somewhere else. That being said, the second question is when we're talking about this Mohammed Solomon that fire bombed all the peaceful demonstrators down on Pearl Street, you have to ask yourself, this guy's been here since twenty twenty two. The only meaningful job it sounds like he had was maybe as an uber driver or a lyft driver. How did he support a family of five? How was he paying rent? You know, how are they getting along because I don't know about you guys, but it's pretty expensive to live in Colorado. I mean, we're paying for a whole bunch of free stuff for people who don't want to work. Maybe this guy, he'd found the glitch in the system, was getting all the free handouts. But the concept of this guy being in our country illegally, potentially not working for any longer than the last six months, raising a family of five along with a wife, waiting for his daughter to finish high school before he went out and enacted this terror act down on Pearl Street, all the while right under our noses, while he was still flaunting the laws in the in the state of Colorado, attempting to buy a gun when he's not a legal resident. You just have to ask yourself, how does this happen? How did we get this far? And I can tell you that as a law enforcement officer, whether it's you're in El Paso County or Weld County, these things are infuriating because the more you digest, the more you learn about this, the sicker it makes you. It's my understanding that the family has now been picked up and are potentially in the custody of Ice. That's probably good because you know, there I can't imagine that there aren't some really ticked off people down in El Paso County if they've if they've recognized who this family is connected to, with this Mohammed Solomon and I don't usually repeat the name of a bad person, but in this particular instance, I think people need to hear that name over and over so they know exactly what we've invited into this country. And it's not to it's not to give credit to his reign of terror, but it's to give it's to give due cause to the administration that allowed this to happen, and it's not the one that's currently in office. You know, I can't be more encouraging for Ice, for Tom Holman. The borders are to send as many people as possible to clean the act up here in Colorado, and I hope it happens soon. I may have said those same comments when I stood with Gave Evans on the State Capitol steps. Well, we come back in the next hour. We'll have Lauren Bobert at about the midpoint of the hour. But when at the first hour of our first few minutes of the show, let's talk about how did Mohammed Solomon stay here in this state. You listen to The Dan Cafleis Show with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Reims as your guest host,