Speaker 1: Hey. Before we get started, be sure to head over to ham Radio two dot com forward slash email dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF radio sign up today. And thank you for the support. All right, that sounds good On the audio side, Anny Cali in the house.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 1: How are you good? To see everyone tonight and I'm going to transition it right there. Good evening, Thank you for joining tonight. I'm back in the shack. We were at Galveston last week doing a happy hour and it was a fun time. But people in Galiston really don't know what good internet is. So it's something I'm gonna have to solve when I get down there. I'm gonna have to teach them what good and it is. I guess I don't know. We'll see so good evening to all. Special shout to people in green text in the livestream chat tonight. All the YouTube channel members appreciate you all.
Speaker 2: Support.
Speaker 1: The first one I saw tonight was Brian Hendricks. Hello from Tango November tennessee. Okay, Tom's in there, w B seven O U T of course, Freddy's in there. Ham Radio Crusader. We're gonna bring him on in just a minute, Wayne W five w n R is in there. I saw ed AC three, I K randall rush, let's see any Calli's in the house. Who else? T Man's in there? Thanks for joining tonight. Let's see N five s K T down, I see you in there. Thanks for thanks for joining and uh Ham Radio Wilderness with Frank. Appreciate you guys being here tonight. So good. Yeah, So we're gonna do an all and we're gonna do an all star thing. Excuse me, we're gonna do an all star thing tonight and it's going to be not exactly but we're gonna show you how to upgrade it. But we're not gonna upgrade mine tonight. So I'm gonna explain that here in a minute, So you guys hold on for a second. But I did want to show you guys this real quick. So I made a bunch of updates to my website this last last week sometime it was, so you might recognize it's changed. I hope that you recognize has changed, because if not, then that means you haven't been there in a long time, and I hope that's not true. So I've got affiliate radios here. These are all radios that are affiliate links to various websites Amazon, Better Safe Radio, Bridgecom, a couple others in there. So those are in there now, and I've got affiliate intended deals also, I've got the Edfong jpoles, which those are back in stock for anybody who wants an ed Fong j pole. I'm still still selling those directly. I've got the fair Jay LinkedIn here for two meters for forty. He's got a new GMRS version and a new six meter version, and I should have those in the mailbox like probably tomorl maybe tuesday, tomorrow or tuesday. So this links directly to his website. If you click on Faarajay and you go view on vf COM's that's his website right there right there. So that's he's getting credit for that same thing with uh, let's go back here, same thing with the mellowave bandit GMRS intennas that go to buy two way radios and the signal stick intens that go to the ham Steady website, so direct links to everything from there. You guys go check that out when you get a chance. And if you're on my email list, you already know this, so thank you, because I know a lot of you got the because I'm already getting orders. There's some mystery boxes back I spent Frank, You're muted and I can hear you, but no one else can. So yeah, too bad, too bad for you. So and I can just do this and not listen to Frank. So there's mystery boxes back in stock. I put about fifty of them up there earlier. Today I've sold fifteen or twenty of them so far, and some good stuff for camping outdoors, a lot of Ham Radio two point zero and Ham radio related stickers and stuff like that. So mystery boxes are out there. You guys go check that out when you get time. And then I'm adding stuff here to this website as time goes on. I've got a lot more stuff to add as well. If you have a product that you make, a Ham Radio product, well, Ham Radio outdoor off grid product, Ham Radio adjacent possibly product that you make that you would like to sell on my website. Send me an email. I'd like to put some more stuff up here. That's what I That's where these Edfong antennas come from. Edfong makes them, he ships them to me. I buy them from him in bulk. He ships them to me, I sell them, and I place another order with him. So it's a big exchange like that. It's a fun thing to do. So good deal. So thank you for those of you who have shopped out there. So let's check out the chat forty five auto. If you move to Galveston, who will make sure that Frank is fed and watered? Well, there's actually a reason to get rid. To get away from Frank is one of the reasons to move to Galveston. So you know there's that. Who else? I was wondering how you got the personalized for a Jay? Yeah, hey, Don, I did see Don, So Don said no, Kyle, Kyle was invited tonight. So you guys, you guys that know Kyle, please reach out to him. If you have his number or email or have him on discord, reach out to him and let him know you're thinking about his mother. His mother has been in the hospital recently. I'm not going to go into detail. I don't even know all the details. I don't want to share personal information too much. But she's been he's been sticking around close to home because his mom's been in the hospital for some stuff. So just reach out to Kyle and tell him that you're thinking about him if you get a chance. This week, he is going on a road trip to week pending everything his mom's doing. Okay, she's fine for right now. But again, I'm not going to divulge any secret, super secret information. I don't know most of it. But I did invite Kyle to the live stream tonight. He said that he had he needed some CW therapy today, so he went out and activated a park on Morse Code today and he said he probably would be driving home at the time that this is going and if we see him pop into the chat or pop into the zoom, he will be joining us as well. But you guys, just be thinking about Kyle this week if you can. So that is so yeah, don thank you for bringing that up in five SKT y'all. Also, he sent me the Faara Jay guy sent me that one with my personalized call sign.
Speaker 3: On it.
Speaker 1: But I tell you about don If you spin up a YouTube channel, get one hundred thousand subscribers, you could probably have a personalized intend to yourself. That's why Frank doesn't have one. Tell them I said that Frank can hear me right now, but I can't hear you. All right, let's bring the guys on. Let's let's kind of kick this off. Unmute you guys. What's up?
Speaker 3: Fellas?
Speaker 4: It happened again, Jason?
Speaker 1: What happened again?
Speaker 4: I spilled water all over my desk during.
Speaker 1: The serious Was it water? Was it whiskey?
Speaker 4: Water? Water?
Speaker 1: Well, at least water, Just take just to unplug everything, take it outside, let it dry. Yeah, and water's not sticky. Whiskey and soda those are sticky. So you know, water was really hurt anything.
Speaker 4: I had to be sneaky and get up and grab a towel and dry off the desk. Thankfully it wasn't on a keyboard this time. And then you're over here talking about watering me. I'm like, how did you know the water went all over my desk? That's funny talking about things being sold on your website.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought you might want to. I thought you might want to address that at some point.
Speaker 4: Yes, we'll just knock it here off the bat and probably one more time at the end Tank Radio Coffee Bugs, probably the last week this and after we take them down no more. This is this is I'm saying that this is. This will probably will be. Yes, it will be the last week.
Speaker 1: Sold quite a few of them, and it's been it's been a long well. I don't want to say this the wrong This is not a negative comment. It's been a while since we started selling the first ones and we need to wrap this. We need to get these get this ruling. So if you yeah, if you guys want one, go grab one, because we're gonna we're about to cut it off. Frank's about to cut it off. And Frank, you should have one or two or three extra for people who might be stragglers, including me.
Speaker 4: We'll see the reason why they've been held up open there there's a magic number and where we're getting close. We haven't right hit that, but we will probably cut these off here soortly and just go ahead and get them ordered. I I can't wait to have these. These are awesome. And what's going on, Freddy?
Speaker 3: How are you man? Just running behind end off lately, just always something to do. My wife's list keeps getting longer. Part time job I only work two days a week, is getting more demanding. Yeah, got like a laundry list of things to do for the YouTube channel, and just spending every moment trying to keep up. So yeah, working on a little bit of everything to tell you the truth. And I'm still just now getting to my Huntsville Hamfest videos. So far behind, but I'm getting behind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't in a big hurry, but I got my last one posted last week the arm lock catered the Arma locked frames. That was my last one.
Speaker 3: So I got one coming down Thursday on the World Radio League Logger I have.
Speaker 1: So it's funny you should say that, Oh there goes my camera. I'm still here my camera freaking out again. Don' worry about it. So yeah, you could still hear me.
Speaker 4: I think what's the frequency? Says uh chrkye QRP needs to make a bad plan BIB for Frank.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea, not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well I'm not getting stuff on my sure, I'm just spilling it across my desk. Wow, this is longer than normal, Jason.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I yeah, yeah, that one was kind of long, wouldn't it.
Speaker 4: What? What heck do you have?
Speaker 1: I don't know. This is my red ox hat. Oh that's a red Ox factory we visited in Montana.
Speaker 4: I thought it said Ham Radio or something.
Speaker 1: No, it's red red Ox. Okay, yeah, I'm have to replace that camera, I think, or I guess I can send it in. I don't know. I might try to replace it and then send it in. We'll see. But I was going to say something I got distracted, but I don't remember what it was now. Yes, so yeah, I totally lost my train of thought. So we're just going to start here. That those of you who did sign up on the email list that I mentioned earlier, we did hit twenty thousand subscribers about a week ago. Yes, and I wanted to wait because a lot of you keep on subscribing. I guess people don't want to be in intern to a free radio giveaway because you keep unsubscribing. Now a few of you have reached out and said, WHOA, I'm unsubscribed. I didn't do that. It did that to me automatically. I don't know what to say about that. You know, it's the world of email, of mass email, and a bunch of spammers being out there, and a lot of these email services being a little bit maybe too stringent for their own good. So I don't know, but Hamradio two dot com forward slash emailsh sign up. That will be the form right there that I'm showing right now that you will see when you see that, and if you want to sign up on the email list, it is not too late. Well, I've got twenty thousand, but I wanted to wait a few days just to make sure that it wasn't going to, like, you know, drop back down to nineteen five hundred or nineteen six hundred or something like that. So it's been over twenty thousand for about a week. So I got to figure out what radiomen to giveaway. It's going to be an Hchef radio. I'm probably going to reach out to Roger at RNL and say, hey, what what radio can you do for me? And he n no, No, I it'd be an h Chef for I think I want to give away an HEF radio. I mean there's some you know, I guess the ninety one will do fusion and it does Ajeff that's true, but I don't know. I want to give it away like a real ACHEF radio, So we'll see what happens with that. But yeah, definitely sign up there. So so also we're going to talk about All Star tonight. Long story short and special shout out and hats off to Freddie Mack in the chat here. Long story short, I've been I have a hosting company called dream Host that I've been on for sixteen, seventeen, eighteen years something like that. They host my c bridge, they host all of my websites. They host my all Star server right now, and for whatever reason, I could not log into it today. I went in there, I did a password reset. It sat there. It sat there. It said it only takes a few minutes. It's sat there for like six hours. I submitted a ticket to them, and the people who run the cloud servers don't work on the weekends. I know this because I've reached out to them before. Generally speaking, if I submit a a support ticket, they answer within thirty minutes to an hour, But that specific department doesn't work on the weekend. So I expect I'll get a I'll expect I'll get an email from them. Tomorrow and to be all sorted out. And that's fine. So I told Freddy Mack about this, and I'm like, dude, I don't think I can get in my freaking cloud server tonight. So this right in fact, I'm gonna pull up this Superman right here, real quick. The Superman will be active all night. Thank you to those. A lot of people have joined it since we started, so we're not going to take this one down tonight. We are going to do a mock install. It's not a mock install. We're just gonna install it on a different server that Freddie Mac has available that will not be permanent. We're going to show you guys how to do it, and then when I regain access to my own system, I will probably do that on my own and I'll spin that up. And if you're not on my email list or in my discord, if you're on my email list from my discord, I will reach out to you via that route and let you know when the new server is spun up. Make sure you're in one of those places, if not both. But tonight we're just gonna we're just gonna do a like a little here's how it's done. This is not gonna be a permit server, but it will be an actual legit way to install ASL three dot zero, which we're gonna talk about here in a second. Freddy Jef something No, no, I'm just listening.
Speaker 4: So is there so you were gonna do an upgrade or were you going to just take it down and do a complete install A three originally, and what we're gonna do here is a fresh uh install.
Speaker 1: So on difference on my web host, you can spin up multiple virtual private servers. My c bridge is on a virtual private service with its own night with its own static IP. My all Star node for three one, three six it's on its own it's on a separate virtual private server with its own static IP. I could spin up as many as I want, as long as you keep paying the money and keep you know, they're like, oh the extra twenty dollars a month or whatever it is. You know, they'll let you do as many as you want because you're paying them more money. So what I I was gonna do is I was going to shut down my current all Star server and just turn it off, not delete it, just turn it off and then spin up a new one, do the install tonight, test it, make sure it's working, and if we ran into any problems, I would just delete the new one and spind the old one back up. That way, we're not down. Okay, okay, this is how you do it in an ITIL production environment for you know, change management, release management type thing. You don't you don't make changes in the production environment. You do it in a sandbox, right, So very DevOps of me. I used to do DevOps. I really enjoyed it. So that's what I was gonna do. But I don't have access to any of that tonight. So we're gonna do it on lind node instead, which uh Freddie Mack has access to. And then and then once I regain access to my I'm gonna walk through it. We're gonna walk through tonight. I'm gonna be like, Okay, this is how it's done. I've read the instructions, I know how it's so, but I've never done it. Once we do it tonight, and then we'll do it, I'll do it live and I'll reach out to everybody and say Okay, I'm gonna take it down for like an hour or something. Then in the middle of the week and then spin it back up on the new system and there we go. So that's that's what we're gonna do tonight. Is that good? Frank? Are you good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was just good.
Speaker 4: This this this I haven't explained for everyone in the audience.
Speaker 1: Right, absolutely, yeah, So so I was, I was. I got an email and so did Freddie Mack about uh, I don't know, two or three months ago in June June okay, yeah, yeah too, Yeah, it was about three months ago okay that ASL all Star Link three dot oz was being released, and currently my servers on ASL one dot oh and apparently one dot oh is is like fifteen years old, guys, and they did a two dot zho release kind of like very quietly several years. I don't even know how long ago that was. And then three dot oh was done here recently in June of twenty well, uh well this this document right here is twenty twenty one. But that's just when the AARDC. So the good right, yeah, So that the good part is that all Star Link got an ARDC grant. Very cool. If you don't know what that is, check out I have I have several videos about AIRDC grants. Amateur Radial Digital Communications AIRDC grants. They have a lot of money that they give to nonprofit organizations for amateur radio for the purpose of promoting amateur radio. Very good group of people. I've interviewed them a couple times on this channel, so go check my channel if you have any questions about that. Maybe we'll maybe we'll bring them back on the channel here soon because it's been a couple of years since they've been on. But they got it. But all Star Link got it AARDC grant, I don't know, grant them out twelve thousand dollars. It looks like right here that.
Speaker 3: Was for the first phase and I think there's been at least one or two more since then.
Speaker 1: Okay, good good, so and it has all this dog this total documentation right here. Huh. That's a YouTube screenshot there. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: That was my stats on my video that I posted for their install video.
Speaker 1: Really yes, oh nice, okay, I rocketed. It was like, it's my best video so far, good good, good, good good good awesome. So so yeah, so they have a brand new system out and again all Star Link is what we installed on the cloud server. So about a year ago, with Kyle because they're the only I know that ham Voipe is out there. I'm not going to get into the whole hand VoIP versus all Star Link thing.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I get emails from both sides. Every time I do a live stream about all Star I get email from the all Star Links guys and the hand VoIP guys. They're like, well, actually it's this way, well actually, and they're not in agreement with one another. Okay, you know what, Hey, it's a free country. Cool, no problem. I've offered to interview both sides on the channel and nobody's taken me up on that yet. So that's you know, it is what it is. But all Star Link is the only one that actually has a process, a step by step by step process for installing all Star in a cloud server, cause it's a little bit different than installing it on a Raspberry Pie just running it at home. There goes my camera again. It's a little bit different than doing that or installing on a Debbi in box or something like that. So so on the cloud server, it you got to go through in a couple extra steps, no big deal, and it worked great. I've had it running for a year now. On my on my other cloud server. So we're gonna we're gonna see what it looks like today. So let me see. If I'm gonna turn my camera off and turn it back on again, see what that happens with that. Go ahead, Frank, I know you want to say something.
Speaker 4: No, well, it's just you're just losing your camera again.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: You know, Don's like, does spank spill water on your camera?
Speaker 1: That's a good point. I mean, you know, that's that's a decent question.
Speaker 4: I haven't been over to your house in a while to have a cigar. Why don't need to fix that.
Speaker 1: Soon, dude. The weather in the last couple of days has been beautiful. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I opened the.
Speaker 1: Door to let my dog out at like five thirty this morning. I'm like, it is cool. I won't say it's cold, it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was probably in the seven d this morning before the sun came up, and I'm like, wow, okay, we need to get the TV setback up on the patio. I took the TV down off the patio because of all the rain we've been having. We need to get the TV set back up and get a little screen behind it. So we can block out the sun from one direction. Do some cigar smoking out there. I'm down for that, man, Let's do it. So okay, all right, So Freddy, I'm gonna kind of let you if you don't mind, I'll let you take the helm and let us uh know what're we've installed? Uh let me let me get over to this screen here. So we've installed. H are you installed? I should say Debian twelve on a Linux box or on a on a virtual private server, I should say, right, and this is the this is the putty session. We've got an SSH session into the Linux box for the WN twelve installed. So we're gonna go. We're gonna start here and and let and I got it. I should pull I meant to pull up that uh article you sent me, so I'm gonna do that right now.
Speaker 3: First three paragraphs of that article is not to apply to this hub this cloud server install, because we know it will work. But okay, different cloud servers distros of WN twelve have different kernels. Okay, process here at the beginning of this document, which we'll end up releasing in reference and from all star Links website. But we know that the kernel for this distro works, so we don't have to worry about all that part.
Speaker 4: So the first three steps are just testing the distro.
Speaker 3: The first yeah, the first three paragraphs is basically testing your distro if the kernel will be compatible with this install.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the all Star package Repo install okay, and ASSL three package install.
Speaker 3: Says yeah those yeah, those first paragraphs. But where you see installing ASL three on a cloud hub, that's where we're going to start.
Speaker 1: Installing ASL three on a cloud hub.
Speaker 3: You can get the pdf I sent you.
Speaker 1: Uh now, I went to the link you sent me. The pdf you sent me is here. Now that's the air DC pdf. Hold on, you sent me several things. Maybe I'm missing it. Hold on? Second, uh Debian installed WAN twelve install. I'll start a link manual. Is that it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably there?
Speaker 1: Or oh no, ASL hub Cloud install. That's a pdf also, that's it, So that's different.
Speaker 4: Can you drop the link in the chat and I'll go ahead and blast it to the guys on the YouTube.
Speaker 1: Uh no, this is a no, he this is a file he sent me, not a website. Okay, So okay, so install idious Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh, as L three packages install is that what you said, go down to.
Speaker 3: Installing ASL three on the cloud hub.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go, right there. Okay, we're there now. Sorry I had the wrong PDF pulled up.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're good now, good man, Uh just go, you know, change directory into the temp directory. I don't know why they want us to do that, but it seems to work, and I don't know. I don't argue with them. We'll be backslash TMP.
Speaker 1: I got it. We're there.
Speaker 3: Okay. Now I'm pretty sure we're not running as I'm not sure if we're running his route or not. So I go ahead and a lot of times and I put pseudo in front of everything anyway on the I.
Speaker 1: Mean I can do that, but we're logged in this root on this window.
Speaker 3: So yeah, at local.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. Sorry, no, if you're.
Speaker 3: In the temp director, you're good to go to start and you can grab that w.
Speaker 1: GAT line w GET line. Okay, we're gonna do that down.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: That was quick. Okay, there we go. Okay, Pseudo d d package yeap, pseudo dp J dash I s L get yeah, copy right click. There we go, preparing unpacking setting up. Okay, that was also fat pseudo app update.
Speaker 3: Do the pseudo app updates so we can pull down everything that's associated with that and everything the serve.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 3: It might take a.
Speaker 1: Ham radio or Hamshack TV. Josh, thank you for joining the channel membership, Buddy, appreciate that. Okay, uh, that was also fast. Well this is a fast.
Speaker 3: Server, man, well eating news lit and if this is one of their cheaper ones. But really, of course all starting doesn't need a whole lot.
Speaker 1: Of it, doesn't it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, now let's go do pseudo app install ASL three.
Speaker 1: And then okay, pseudo app install ASL three.
Speaker 4: But that's it. You're drinking beer. I see Freddy's drinking some beer. I'm gonna go get a whiskey bottle.
Speaker 1: Frank, why don't you go get a whiskey bottle?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, After this operation, five hundred and forty two megabytes of additional displace will be used. Do you want to continue us or no? So we're gonna go yes and there it go boom. Yes, I am I am drinking the Southern Tier Warlock provided to me by one of you nice folks on Discord. And there's two or there's two of you. This that have sent me these last year, and apparently they just come out and I got an email from somebody, you want some new ones for this year. I'm like, oh yeah, I want some new ones. So thank you to those of you who have sent me those.
Speaker 3: I discovered the Samuel Adams Octoberfest in Alabama at Huntsville and had to go get some more because that stuff's really good.
Speaker 1: Stuff's good. Yeah, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 3: Okay, So was it Okay, it's still doing its thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going progress ninety seven percent.
Speaker 3: It says. This is probably one of the longest parts of it.
Speaker 1: This was not hard. It's not hard, but or at least that when I did it before, it was not hard. Okay, I think we're done. But I liked doing it on a live streamer, at least on video, so that we can so that people can see what we're doing. Because I still because for six eight months after I did that live stream with Kyle about installing it in the cloud, I was getting comments on it. So so this is this is a total how to video. Guys.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when boats copy and paste from the document, for some reason, depending on what PDF reader you're using, it likes to either throw in an extra space.
Speaker 1: Or deduct yes, yeah, yeah, it definitely uh yeah yeah. You got to be careful about the spaces at the end of a line or something like that. Make sure there's not an extra space in there. Good. Okay, so we're we're back to the root directory. Here on the temp directory, Freddy here, okay, so okay, so we're gonna go. This one installed the complete ASL Let me, I'm gonna show this screen real quick here boom, I'm gonna this one install the complete ASL three system, including all of the Asterisk app Underscore r PT enabled packages, which is ASO three Asterisk, ASO three, Asterisk can figures, the three ASTERISKU dot ASO three Asterix modules, and the Dotty kernel module, dot e DKMAS, Dotty Linux, and Dotty Source. They the needed development tools to keep the kernel module updated and the S three menu su It's important it's important to note that the new packaging format will allow for easy automated updates of the kernels through the standard app upgrade process. There's no longer any reason to hold back kernel upgrades with ASO three packaging. That's good to know.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: The following packages are also available and maybe install separately all month three. We're gonna do that here in a minute ASL three Node list update. I'm not sure what that is. I guess it just updates. It pulls down the newest nodes from the website.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't efficient way. It's all the it's every node in the system so that your registry, your connection to the registry will be more faster. It's it's all a matter of efficiency, and that's what that's about.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Greg, Did I say dot Eric? John? Did I say dotty wrong? Because it's spelled dotty buddy d A H d I. If you don't want it said that way, don't spell it that way. It's like when I say walks On, say oh, that's supposed to be pronounced O shang. Well if it was pronounced oh Shane, you'd spell it O s h E n G spelled walks on. Get used to it. Sorry, don't go about yay zoo and I'll send you. Don't send your don't send your radios to a dude in Texas if you freaking want it pronounced correctly. So all right, uh, install list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it'll hurt anything to run it now. Technically I think it's for the ending, but.
Speaker 1: Well that's the next that's the next step on the PDF file.
Speaker 3: And my mentality when I build a lit out of order. But three.
Speaker 1: Now there's a dot at the end of node list. Freddy, is that supposed to be there?
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: See that's yeah. I took a took a red hat class one time. In that instructor he was funny. He was like, yeah, Linux people, we don't have a spell so just copy paste whatever you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you can.
Speaker 4: It sounds like they take a page from my book there.
Speaker 1: I know it's not as they're not as bad as you, Frank, but I can see how you could probably be a Linux admin pretty pretty easily, I think, so no doubt.
Speaker 3: Okay, so, uh, what a pseudo dash ass? I'm not an I know that's in the list of things to do, but I don't even know what it means.
Speaker 4: Is that was that launched another terminal under pseudo? You said pseudo or as sudo do.
Speaker 1: Pseudo is actually for those of you who don't know, this is what's something I learned in Linux red hat class. Pseudo is actually pronounced su do. It's super user do. So it's telling the super user to do something, but I call it pseudo also, so yeah, pseudo dash ash. I don't I don't remember what that means.
Speaker 4: I'm almost there, but I don't see a option in this page. Well there, it is specifically, come on, where's the find When prompted for a standard error or read a password from standard user input using the terminal, the password will be followed by a new line character.
Speaker 3: Good what that means?
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's from the man? Oh wait, did you do capital or lower cases?
Speaker 1: Lower?
Speaker 4: Lowercases? All right, there's a difference because this is Linux. Run A shell specifically for runs a shell specifically by the shell environment variable if it is set, or shell specifically involts users password database entry. If the command is specified, it is passed by a shell for execution like C no command.
Speaker 1: Well, I like I like John's definition better w whiskey victor three L. He says suited s runs terminal as another user. That's a lot simpler to say.
Speaker 4: So I'm just trying to read. I am trying to read.
Speaker 1: Podcastudo spaces as I'm gonna I'm gonna hit enter. Okay, good, it didn't take down my internet good. Yeah, going to the temp director. If we're not, we're still in that. We're still in the temp directory pre working director.
Speaker 3: Let you get line then this will bring. Okay, so update this is This is probably not necessary, but it's not gonna hurt anything. We're just gonna make sure we got everything we need to get all on three down.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, w get web get repo dot allstar link dot org a public asl app repos W twelve, underscore all dot deb Okay, good, We're we're there. That was really fast.
Speaker 3: Underneath that one, yep, and then do another Studo app updates.
Speaker 1: Sudo app app update boom.
Speaker 4: Now app is specifically for the application update. If you're using a different and of Linux, it might be what are the other ones? I'm blanking on them now? Since I sat I.
Speaker 1: Grew I grew up on Pseudo app to get install, et cetera, et cetera, so so I would I would mess with.
Speaker 5: But there's also yeah, we're on Debbie.
Speaker 1: I also grew up on lin on Ubuntu, which is a Debian, which is a Debbian. Yeah yeah, so I used to just so.
Speaker 4: That the the the app repo that you're using to pull might be different.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I know, John, John Whiskey, Victor three L. You don't need SUDU since your route. You're correct. We said that a minute ago. I'm just I'm just following the instruction. It doesn't hurt anything. I'm just following the instruction. You're You're absolutely correct. We don't need SUDU. But I really like we used to. We used to brass each other in the chat at work, and when someone would say something I didn't like, I would do sudu app get you install, and then the person's name that I would sudo app get you install, Frank you or something something like that. So I used to do that to Baker all the time. Frank.
Speaker 3: But we need to go.
Speaker 1: Fer Okay, So that seems to be it, except I mean, because the next part is install all on three.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so we're just gonna do that. Can we look at it, Freddy is that.
Speaker 3: We'll get We'll have to go in. We'll have to do our configuration first because your nodes aren't aren't configured yet, but we'll be able to see Almond three once we're done.
Speaker 1: Okay, So in order to configure that, do we have to install allmond in order to configure the node.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, but I've never done it out of out of process, so let's just do it.
Speaker 1: Let's just do it this way. Then that's fine. So Sudu app install allmond three no spaces, man, I see, I told you, Yeah, I can't spell. Sudu apt install all on three. Dude. After this operation sixteen megabytes of additional displace. Yeah, that's sixteen megabytes. That's gonna break me right there. Okay, there we go.
Speaker 3: It's like a terabyte.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, when you're doing that. Jason Kilo Beto one whiskey Sierra Echo says, pseudo app uninstalled Don, And because I agree, because Don is a sea.
Speaker 1: Guy down I saw, I see that. That's good for Don. Yeah uh hey Don, I saw Izzo in the chat earlier. So Don Army is represented tonight. But yeah, five SKT done. He's the one that's always here first, and he's all the one that's always here longest, so he's gotta be king Don. We got to call him King king Don from now on.
Speaker 4: So also ed it says c Colin Slash.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, yeah yeah, mister Windows over there, So okay, I like to. I like to use Windows so that I can dog on it more than anything. So okay, So the next one is a node configuration. This should be this should bring up a gooey right.
Speaker 3: You will see something that looks very familiar to her to a.
Speaker 1: Sale dash menu. Boom, yep, there it is. Oh, let me resize that. Let me resize that in the screen. Guys, hold on second, because that ain't right.
Speaker 3: Uh where is it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Because that's putty? Okay, that's why.
Speaker 4: So did did it explode your Windows?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: It didn't, nod, but the butt but the but it did not but the but all the command line stuff is always on the far left. It's now it's centered on the screen. And I zoomed into it a little bit because it was all kind of like small text originally, and I'm like, you know what, it's all on the far left, let's just zoom into that. So that was because I was trying to let people see a little bit better. But yeah, no, it didn't. That was that's just the way I had it configured in OBS. So okay, here we are, so node settings in fact, let me do it, can I? Yeah? Uh no, it didn't.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's so this is old old MS DOS. You're using.
Speaker 1: Yes ED pseudo app get uninstalled ED. So yeah, okay, So node configuration menu that you want to start with the very first one, no settings okay.
Speaker 3: And then all Star Nodes set up menu.
Speaker 1: Okay, new node number. Now I got to go back and look Freddy because I don't remember exactly what that node.
Speaker 3: Was neither c.
Speaker 4: So this is not wh your old node number.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not going to do four three one three six because it's running on my current cloud server. But I got a couple of extra nodes in all Star right now. On all Star link dot org on the website, you can go and register yourself for a node. They're free. You can register two or three or four different nodes. Don't go register ten or fifteen nodes unless you're going to use them.
Speaker 3: They won't catch up anymore. You'll be lucky to get to because once you've at the one, you can nine more off.
Speaker 1: Of R so true, true, okay, all right, so we're going to use four six four three six oh. Okay, So four six four three six oh, and I'm gonna say okay, and it's going to ask me for the password now is it going to show the password when I type it?
Speaker 4: Type a letter, see what happens a single letter? Any letter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so nine nine is what I type. That's the passwords numbers. So we're going to go because some of you, I mean in five skts in the chat, you know, and this guy's a hacker. So we're gonna so I'm gonna I'm going to type in the node password, which you can go and change a node password if you want to.
Speaker 4: So, so the password is one, two, three past or is fib six.
Speaker 3: So let dream is people, that's the that's the password.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, here's the next password for my match loukas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so okay, so here we are. Here's the next screen. I've typed the password in. So we've got four options here hot spot, hot spot, half duplex with courtesy tones, half duplex with no courtesy tones, repeater or hub with no radio. I mean, we're gonna choose four, hub with no radio. Correct.
Speaker 3: Now it's gonna once you hit number four, it should ask you for half or full due plex. I think just go ahead and hit it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, it's a call sign, so we're going to enter the call sign, okay, and.
Speaker 3: Be careful here because if we go back too far, that password is going to show. So fine before we well, yeah, we're on a test anyway, so we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this is not my four three one three six, No, this is an extra NOE that I have not used anywhere for a while, so I can go reset the passwork if it does get shown. So, but we're at we're at the node set up main menu again, so all Star nodes set up restart Asterisk.
Speaker 3: Where number two has needed out to the right. Yes, a nice little feature they've added. So hey, you need to restart Asterisk.
Speaker 1: I need to restart Okay, we can do that. Boom, Okay, that was quick.
Speaker 3: There's a part that for the cloud. I've been told it's not recommended to change this password, but I've done it and it didn't really hurt anything. But that that Ami password. If you'll go down your Asterisk Ami password. If you hit that, you're it's going to show a password that is the default for everyone, So it's not going to matter for this particular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is it. This is sandbox right, so right, and it's only the Asterisk server password, so it's not super critical.
Speaker 3: But you don't have to do it, so we can just leave it that way, Bud, We're.
Speaker 1: Going to leave it that way, but on my production one, I want to change that. Right.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, and okay, what we might let me think here, we are going to need to make a note of it because when we set up supermand we've got to go into the almand dot I and I file and put that astis password in. Used to you went into manager dot com and did it in Handboy, this is a little bit different step. So go ahead and hit update astras ami password. Okay, then write that down or copy and pasted or whatever you got to do there.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can. I can't copy from there. I don't think. Let me, I got a notepad open here. Hold on a second.
Speaker 3: Make four.
Speaker 4: Now this is the default password, right, that.
Speaker 3: Default Now in the Raspberry Pie version, that password. Therefore, your astoris server will be a randomly generated for every install you do. So not anybody's will be the same, but this or distro that you pull down from ASL will have the same one every time.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this says, make the number four capital a nice dash secret, Make for a nice secret.
Speaker 3: That's the password. That's the password.
Speaker 1: So okay, so if you're watching this, you're setting up your own stuff, make sure you change that because that's default. So that's a good it's good info. It's good info to change that. Okay, I got it written down. We're good. Okay, so we.
Speaker 3: Don't need to well, no, we don't need to update the IA export because it's the only thing on that network, so that it's on a cloud server. So it's gonna be six nine. And uh, I don't know if the older versions of ASL had.
Speaker 1: This or not, the backup and restore it did.
Speaker 3: That's I remember it feature that handboy P always needed because I couldn't tell you agreed how many configus I cratered and had to start over from scratch. But nonetheless, that's where you can do that. But you can go back to main menu here, and now, like I said, your password that you have now will eventually going.
Speaker 1: Okay, notes set up, Okay, this is the main Okay, this is the main menu. Well, no, that's just where we were.
Speaker 3: No, hit tab down to the back button. I'm sorry, there we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the okay, good, good, excellent, Okay. So I'm looking at the document now and node configuration menu. We did that, and so just Supermand so we set up the node number and the passwords, so we should be good, and the and the call sign of course, so we should be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so we go to SUP. We already rebooted, I mean, so we already restarted the ASTRA server. Yes, uh huh, it'll just assume me long again, so you yeah, we can back out.
Speaker 1: So Don has a good question. Uh, he's asking you, Freddie, is there a way to not not store the passwords in clear text as a config file?
Speaker 3: If there is, I don't know of it yet, but I can find out.
Speaker 1: I've never seen that that would be a good because every time I do an all Star video that is an issue. Yeah, And so I'm like, well, I'll just change the password after the live stream is done. Not a big deal. Most people don't live stream this stuff. But that would be a good request you know, you know, request box thing for the ASL guys to say, hey, stop showing all your freaking passwords as clear text. Yes, it's a good, good deal. So okay, all right, where we're at now, we're gonna go back to command line.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, tap down to exit menu and enter once more.
Speaker 1: If you exit, you may want to type sl dis relaunch this exit now.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, line and all right, so tell you what.
Speaker 1: Let's make that a little bit bigger so you guys can see it better.
Speaker 4: Now, do we need to restart the service?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I tell you what.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be a bad idea, but it's not gonna hurt anything. Well we do. Let's go CD backslash. Uh, let's see Slash Almond three and do a Nano almondthree dot I n I. I'm on a live stream, but I can't talk right now.
Speaker 1: I like them better than Nano, but that's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one's on.
Speaker 4: I know, get your knives out. It's starting to start.
Speaker 1: I know some people don't like v I and VIM and I'm like, you know what, you guys are morons.
Speaker 3: But that's okay, Joe all the way.
Speaker 1: It's more functional. I like, I've used Nano. Nano's fine, but I like the other ones better. So all right, buddy. So I'm trying to make sure it's uh oh hey, So I'm trying to make sure that everybody can see this. I'm gonna resize the window here. Okay, we're there, Freddy.
Speaker 4: Okay, excellent guy right there, and radio.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: Start scrolling down. Okay, y'all go play.
Speaker 4: I love it. We've got a mohawk, a mohawk.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Let's get all the way out of the comment and stuff. Just keep going down.
Speaker 1: That's that's as far as it goes.
Speaker 3: A minute.
Speaker 1: Then, oh, you probably can't see it. Hold on, let me move it on the OBS screen. Right there, there we go.
Speaker 3: You see where the nineteen ninety nine stands start, Yes, correct comment those four lines?
Speaker 1: Okay, what is that?
Speaker 4: What we're doing at this point.
Speaker 3: We're enabling the node in almonth three, so when we go back to it once after we re we'll be able to seek the node itself. And we want to save that a Noah, first go up to nineteen ninety nine and leave the brackets, but change it to your node number.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, figure out what that is?
Speaker 4: Four zero is something.
Speaker 1: Four six four three sixty?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: And do we need to change the password here to the current password.
Speaker 3: That one we wrote down just a little bit ago, the node password or the IAX password that's two passwords. Yeah, it's the IAX leave host the same users admin for right. Now, let's take out past, put in that. Make for our nice password that we.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's different, but okay, make make four capital a NIEH secret.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, control X, save an exit X.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, we are there. Let me let me adjust it. It will be a screen. You guys can't see that, so there it is. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Good, we don't if we're in root, just do just type in reboot. Let's reboot everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we're in. Yeah, we're doing this. Whole thing is root, which is not advisable according to Linux people that I know.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing about as L three. If you have a Raspberry Pie version which most folks will mm hm, does not run and root by default, you've got a type su do for everything correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right. Yeah, this is an actual Debian twelve server. So yeah, I didn't think about that.
Speaker 3: You're right, and you have a firewall that's built into your Raspberry Pie ASL three software. That'll be another video for another day, of course, got a few of them out there, but anyway, it's it's more secure, and yeah, it's a little extra step, but trust me, it's way worth it.
Speaker 1: Agreed.
Speaker 3: Agreed, they really sped things up, and I'm just I'm just tickled about it. Tell you the truth. You know, we went from asl or sorry, Asterisk version one point four that's currently on Hamboy and we're on Astis version twenty now so and it all has ripped for long term support. So when it gets upgraded, we get upgraded. They are working night and day on this sucker. I'll tell you what. And I don't know if anybody has. You know, I'm not well versed. I knew what auto patch was. But Nelson and five lsn over in Arkansas, he created skyworn plus four all Star link. Yeah, he created a nice little how to on doing a auto patch on my All Star. Note. I did a video on it. Just it just dropped like last week through VoIP dot MS service, so that.
Speaker 1: You so explain explain how that auto patch. So when I hear autopatch, I think of dialing a phone number.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: So you can log into your and you you have All Star running on an actual repeater in Oklahoma, right.
Speaker 3: I do on actually a couple of them, but okay, one of those hotspot hotspot radios dot com. They make nice little fobs sound fobs, yes.
Speaker 1: I've seen those.
Speaker 3: Okay, also make I've got one of their duplex boards. It's an actual mini repeaters, full duplex. It's got two of those CM one O eight chips on it or forget that dam name. Nonetheless, it's full duplex. So we configured the Asterisk server the I a x H a all Star node and I can call into it and I can call out from the node on a VoIP dot MS. It's just a to VoIP voice over IP phone service, have a phone number and everything. So when you call into the node, once it answers the caller ID matches my phone number, then it just says hey connecting, and you can do a star ninety nine to transmit and then stop transmitting. It's it's really cool.
Speaker 1: It's got it sounds cool. So, so were you around Freddy? Were you on the were you on the Happy Hour last weekend?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry I can't remember because You've been on a lot of my videos and I can't remember. So we were talking about Bill's trailer. Oh yes, K zero WHW bill he built. He took a cargo trailer and built it into a mobile ham shack, which I want to do that. And I had the epiphany this week. I'm like, I have a bridge Coom repeater that has the that has a pie star on the back of it that I've always used for an MMDVM DMR repeater and I've always wanted and I have one hundred WAT repeater connected to it which I've never turned on. Well, I've turned on wants to test it, but other than that, I don't run it. I run it on a dummy load here in the house just so I can use it myself. And I'm like, that needs to be a mobile repeater. I was like, man, I should start taking this shamfest. I'm like that repeater when I build a mobile hamshack. I think I'm going to put that repeater in the mobile ham shack.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and run it.
Speaker 1: And I'm not gonna do DMR. I'm going to run as an all star repeater even better. Yeah, So I'm taking as Dayton, take it to Huntsville, et cetera, et cetera, and have a hundred wide amp on it and put put it on that put a antenna on that fifty foot carbon fiber mass from Giga Parts with like a Comet GP seven or GP nine up there.
Speaker 3: And we're all talking to each other very clearly.
Speaker 1: Yes, So so fingers crossed, that's gonna happen one day. I've already got the equipment except for the trailer. Once I build my mobile ham shack. Yeah, that's gonna I want to do that. So but have a have a phone patch on it. Sounds like an incredible idea. That's a great idea. Yeah, I know it, so good. Okay, all right, so we're back. We rebooted. I logged back into the server. Here here we are at the route local host prompt. Let's see print working directory. We're in the route so I'll go back to the temp directory.
Speaker 3: I don't think we need Actually, let's just go to you. We're going to start the Superman installed real quick.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we'll start Superman. That is this page right here. So we're going to go to Superman. So CD user local spin.
Speaker 2: These are local slash spin.
Speaker 1: Okay, we are there, and this this big long w get.
Speaker 3: And see where there's that dash. Oh, there might be too many spaces in there. But what as soon as we paste it in?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think you're right. It looks like it is on this file here it should be one space, right.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking that's right as normally you don't get more than one space. Now you don't ends and linux.
Speaker 1: No, it's showing me one. I just pasted it into a text file. It shows one space in the text because it looks so it does look funny. You're right, you're right. I agree. So we're gonna switch back here to let you guys see that, and I'm gonna write click to paste on.
Speaker 3: This yeah it yeah, I'm just like that, all right, cool?
Speaker 1: Okay, good? Then do mod thech mod yeah, okay, ch mod plus x, super on ASL, underscore fresh, understore install. I gotta make sure I get all that in there. You can't, that's weird. Okay, good, okay, seech mode that file and then hash.
Speaker 3: Just the hash, no pseudos or nothing. And I don't know what hash means. I'm a total hash idiot. Other than what it used to mean on the.
Speaker 1: Street, Well, it could mean. It can mean potatoes or or drugs exactly. But twitter, so yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But I know it's very important for the step. But go ahead and do the Superman as l underscore Fresh Underscore install and that'll start them.
Speaker 1: Let me, let me let me address a couple of questions in Oh, so so you start talking about Bill's trailer. Ham Radio tectonics is in the chat. Welcome Bill, Jody, Jody V A three S A V A five S E R. Don't you have a portable mass trailer waiting for you in Izzo Land, not that I'm aware of.
Speaker 3: Yes, you do has a trailer.
Speaker 4: No in a not Iszo has it? But another guy in the northeasterly, Oh lives in Mexico right now?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's in New York. That's true. Yes, yes, I do. We got to get that freaking thing down here before before January and then what one, Hey, it's not my fault, but freaking Bob's in Cosmo. Man, what do you want me to do? I can't. I was like, I could go up there and get it, but I don't know if he's gonna be if his son Jesse's gonna be home. I don't. In fact, the last time I was kind of up in that area, They're like, oh, well, the wielbearings on the trailer need to be replaced. It's not portable right now.
Speaker 4: That is correct. But we were gonna we were.
Speaker 1: Gonna bring it, Yes, we were, so, yeah, that's gonna be. Yeah, that's gonna be. Think what's the frequency? That's a great YouTube name question on mobile repeater, how would you manage coordinated repeater pair of frequency in multiple regions? I would say you would just basically I have a repeater pair for here at home, and I could just use that because I mean, really who cares.
Speaker 4: But but coordinated there where you go outside of this area.
Speaker 1: Correct, But uncoordinated frequency pairs are not a bad thing. They ill you can you can just you can totally do uncoordinated pairs as long as you're not interfering with anyone else. However, there are what's called backyard repeater pairs that are supposed to be done at like a lower power level, like a QRP type repeter. So I could do that, or I could just keep my programming cable in software with me handy and when I go to a place, if it's interfering with someone, I've just changed it. So it's it's it's a challenge it's an extra challenge, but it is doable.
Speaker 3: So doable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, so let's go back over here. We're at the hash right now. So we're gonna do Superman ASL fresh install. Okay, bump enter.
Speaker 4: Now this is a script running.
Speaker 3: Yep, yes, it looks like it.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: This installs the Superman seven point four plus in hand void. We just called it supermont and then it at the header of it it said Superman's six point four if I'm not mistaken, in hand void. But Superman was originally written for ASL. So this is we have to do two installs of this real quick because you've got to do the fresh install first and then the updated second. And I'm not sure what the updated gets this, but.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's done. Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, just below that, you're going to see three sudo lines. Yes, what this does. It's the new and improved way before you would put a crown job in corontab to update your ASL, your A S T dB. It's your all star link database list every way that they say what works better with this third party software. So go ahead and just run each of those three lines, one at a time.
Speaker 1: And this A S T TDB dot service in dot timer. That's the that's the third party software.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, this is their software, but it's to deal with software that wasn't originally see Supermond wasn't included with the ASL, right, amon is, So Supermant is considered like third party software. So this these three lines help it work with that all Star database. Refresh every night okay, middle of the night. It updates the.
Speaker 1: Something there like two am or something like that. I think something like that. You run all three of those, right, This is the third one right here, and it's just that so it's very very fast. Okay, good.
Speaker 3: Before we're going farther, install supermant again. This will give us the latest version. So I'm going to change your directory back into user local lesbin. Okay, if you're still there, you are still there, so you can grab that w GAT line again, which it's a different version.
Speaker 1: I do a print working directory user local SBN. Yes, you're right, I'm there. Okay, good. I just want to make sure for nothing else than the people on the on the chat, on the live stream and on the team replay. So okay, so w GET and this HGP HTTP website right, yep, that was quick. OKAYD the cch mod.
Speaker 4: That's well, you're typing that to my understanding, because they're still talking about in the chat a uncoordinated repeater peer. It's not illegal, but that puts you secondary to any coordinated repeater frequencies.
Speaker 1: So that is exactly correct. Yes, that. Yeah, you we as amateurs can use any repeater payer that we want at any time that we want. But there are coordination agencies in Texas called the Texas VHFFM Society. Okay, there are coordination agencies where you coordinate your repeater. So that and this is a question on the on the technician test, guys, Okay, so that if you put up a backyard repeater or an uncoordinated repeater and you're you're causing interference with a coordinated repeater, then the uncoordinated repeater owner has to change something. The coordinator repeater has priority, But it doesn't mean you have to coordinate. If you're out in the sticks somewhere and you want to put up a repeater frequency that's uncoordinated because there's not people around you for twenty or thirty miles go for you, nothing wrong with that. It's totally totally doable.
Speaker 4: I think I got bingo. You called me correct? That was my.
Speaker 1: No, you're you're correct, Yeah, you were correct on that. Okay, So I typed hash and it's got a few more items on it now than it did.
Speaker 3: So do your shudos and update.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the update.
Speaker 4: Okay, here, Oh Freddy, I like this question. What's the difference between Superman and Allman three?
Speaker 3: Very much? Actually? All one three is very nice, and I'll tell you what I like about Allmond three the most is it works really good on a cell phone and a tablet when you're looking at it, because Superman and Superman two didn't go and wretch itself and make itself easier to see it like.
Speaker 1: You do have to kind of yeah, you do have to kind of move it around to see everything. Now. I use the r Finder P ten tablet, which is a ten inch tablet. I have no problem with Superman, but right, it's a big tablet, so big it's a big screen for a tablet. Yeah, but you're right, you do have to if I put it on my phone, you have to kind of scroll around. So rollmand resizes itself.
Speaker 3: Does and it's very flexible, but it doesn't have favorites on it. Yet it does have basic commands.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not horrible. It just not feature rich like we're used to in Superman. But they're constantly upgrading it. So look for that stuff, right, that's stuff.
Speaker 1: That okay, okay, cool, So we ran that. That was the last thing. Uh the Superman, the Superman ASL latest update.
Speaker 3: They now were scot and do a do a. Uh uh, let's see. I'm sorry, Let's go nano because I don't know the other one.
Speaker 1: What directory? That's okay? What directory is this rpt dot com file in the whole path?
Speaker 3: Just go nano, Etsy, et cetera. As risk.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, no, we meant no ta okay, so c D S. I don't know how. I don't know how to spell so asterisk. Well the club the directory, I know that I understand that, but I'm looking at the spelling of it right here. So if I go CD dot space A S and tab. Okay, So that's how you spell in Linux, right there, dot dot forward slash and then the first two or three letters and tab and we go asterisk. What what's next?
Speaker 3: Uh now rpt dot com But we want a nano.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we want a nano.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good space, r PT.
Speaker 1: Dot c O.
Speaker 3: Nano Nano's in the Etsy asterisk folder. I'm sorry, RPT dot com is in the et c astris folder. I was just gonna get you.
Speaker 4: That's where Yeah, that's where we're at.
Speaker 5: So the nano RPT and you did a desk.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you, nano r com.
Speaker 3: Dot com dot dot dot dot dot com. Sorry, that's just the suffix.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we are. Okay, good, I told you Linux people can't spell.
Speaker 3: So okay, let's go down until you find the functions. Stanza. You know, the new RPT dot com is put together way better. I'm totally in love with it. I'm gonna do a video over this because the old woman envoy is very complicated. Okay, So here we are functions. So let's scroll down and below those ABC below the alphabet. Okay, right above where it says mandatory mm hmm, just put in put a carriage return in there a couple of times and just make you some space. This is up one or down one, Okay. In that sm update line, sm update equals command, you see that in the.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, do you want me to past that line in there?
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you why. It's It's just a formality really, but it's kind of a neat little thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, SM update equals command Comma Space, user local Spin supermane SL latest update, right.
Speaker 3: So okay, just hit control X and save it. Okay, set out of that. What that does is if a new release of Superman seven point four plus gets released, you can open up your Superman type in star SM update in the little window, the node window, but you hit the DTMF button instead, and it updates the software. It runs that file where gets updated, so you always have the latest version of it.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's kind of neat. So you can so you can update via dt meth tones right, you update the super nice right right, right, right right, Okay, okay, it's good.
Speaker 3: Okay, word, so scroll down a little bit where you see h T P A S S W D.
Speaker 1: In the in the in the PDF file.
Speaker 3: You'll see it just where it's right there.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, okay.
Speaker 3: Now instead of don't don't grab the user I D area, just grab everything else because the user ideas. I always use admin, but some people like to use other usernames. This is such your user name for Superman. Your log in into Supermont. So type in whatever user name you.
Speaker 1: Want, whatever I want. Okay, yes, I'm gonna put I'm gonna put my calls on casey five. Again, this is a sandbox, we're not this is not production a new password, then it should mask it here it does, okay, so yeah, yeah, PuTTY's good about that, or s s H is good about that. Whichever password verification error. Apparently I can't type, okay, so let's try that again. Boom, new password. So the supermind when we were doing this on Kyle with Kyle on the other live stream. Good, there it is. It did not like any special characters or caps at all. So I use an all lower case password.
Speaker 3: That seems best. It really is? Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that still the case where it doesn't like that stuff? I haven't tried it, okay, because.
Speaker 3: I've made so many mistakes before. I didn't want to slow myself down. So okay, now tell you what we can do. We can we can go in and modify. We've already done. Oh yeah, we did go.
Speaker 1: This on I n I edit edit though Almond dot I and I and global dot I n C files.
Speaker 3: They are located in the vr www HTML supermaun folder. You see that path.
Speaker 1: There, I do yeah, yeah, far okay boom okay, so nanoolmine dot I and I okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So you see that first stanza, our first node standard one two three four five six. You're gonna change that to your node number.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I think that's four six four three sixty. Let me make sure I got got that right, uh for six? Yes it is four six four three sixty. Okay, good, go down.
Speaker 3: And change that. Use your name pretty sure. Here's the part where I struggle every time because I always use admin for a user name. So I don't know if the k C five HWB goes here or if we leave it as admin. Actually leave it as admin and use that password there, change it for secret to that uh that one we grabbed a wallago make for a nice That was that Astris password? That?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: That that goes there?
Speaker 1: I think four a stash Okay.
Speaker 3: Now see the node underneath that one two three five six, Yes, all those lines out, it's just a hashtag. It's a semicolon, semi colon. Okay. Part with the first line that the first node stands the line yeah, okay, okay. And then we can save. I'm sorry, I get those last two lines right, yeah, okay, and I think we can. Yeah. The rest is customization, so we can control. Let's just save an exit out of that. Okay, good and uh through the and then global dot I n C and it's in the same folder. Okay, I can't see the top of your deal, but oh no, I.
Speaker 1: Can answer send values to your so your call sign, your name. This is all customization for that screen.
Speaker 3: But okay, I have recently just got really versed in some of this. We're changing colors and everything else, having a lot of fun with it.
Speaker 1: See in them you can change color. Well, it's already changed colors. It has been my experience. So so here's your location. This is what I put on my current server, right, no limits, Texas. There we go.
Speaker 4: What is that you say location?
Speaker 1: If you if you, well, it's just it's just supposedly where your nodes located. It doesn't mean anything. If you drive by the Texas Motor Speedway, it's got a big it's got a big what looks like a beer can monument out there, and it's like open up a can of whoop ass. It says it's a can of pass and says no limits Texas. And I'm like, oh that's awesome, no limits Texas. So that's where I got that. But yeah, okay, okay, second line header something cloud server.
Speaker 3: And change that one two thour five six to your node number. Just a label. You can change it to say anything you want.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, I just this is a sandbox. We'll just changing for that.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 3: The rest of it is pretty much semantics. But we want to the the uh ZIP code for your area further down so it shows up they're down. Yeah, keep going, okay, right there, Nope, that's not it. I'm sorry, I'm having flashbacks. We're getting closer.
Speaker 1: I'm not seeing it further down right there. Local zip change that to your local zip code. Okay, let's just put seven six five one okay.
Speaker 3: And I think that's all we really need for this particular one, and you can, okay the rest of its customization and save it. Exit. Okay, good, or we're in roots, so do a s t r E s dot s H. It's a script file for restarting the asterisk sir.
Speaker 1: A s t r E s dot s H correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, astris restart start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, system ctl restart astrisk dot service. Okay, good, okay, done, So.
Speaker 3: If everything went right, and yeah, I probably didn't, but go to a brow Yeah, there's always that. Nothing's easy if I'm in.
Speaker 1: I know it. Yeah, yeah, totally. So I need to go to that IP addresses.
Speaker 3: Type in that IP address and uh do.
Speaker 1: I have to type forward slash supermond.
Speaker 3: It'll it'll try to default to Almond dot three. Just type in the IP address and hit in her and let's see what happens. Okay, yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Tell that's not secure. Who cares? Okay at patchy two W and default page.
Speaker 3: So let's do this, do a slash superman. Some people are run into this. I did not run into this.
Speaker 1: I always had to hit slash Superman on my nodes on the old on the old system.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, but anyway, hit all nodes or it's your node number. That's fine, yep. And this thing is tricky. If you don't go to your not to your node number there, you can't on that other page. It will not let you. Yeah, but we're getting from there. I can't see the screen is not clear, but it's not the info from the asterisk manager, is it?
Speaker 1: Hold on let me, h, I just presized it to a weird size. Okay, let me It says could not log into Asterisk manager. Okay, so h oh sorry, you know what I hold on, Hold on second. I I resized that window by mistake.
Speaker 3: Hold on second.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 3: Oh that's way better.
Speaker 1: So yeah, could not log into Asterisk manager is what it says.
Speaker 3: Manager. So it's either that log in number, that login name. So let's go back into Almond dot I and I.
Speaker 1: Okay, nano dot Almond I and I. Here we go. Let me switch that screen for you guys. Okay, all right, we're there.
Speaker 3: Change admin under user to case five HWB.
Speaker 1: Okay, and control x save. We have to restart again, I assume the asterisk.
Speaker 3: Now we may not actually have to reboot everything, but let's just try that first.
Speaker 1: Try the asterisk script, the reboot script, or try to refresh the Superman page.
Speaker 3: Well, restart the Astros server first, and then refresh the Supermant page.
Speaker 1: Okay, so restarted that server. Let's refresh this page right here.
Speaker 3: Okay, what am I missing here? Let's let's reboot the whole that gum.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, it's probably good.
Speaker 3: I've actually run into this before, and it didn't like anything until I rebooted the whole server.
Speaker 1: People people blame that on Windows, and that is a Windows thing, but I there's a lot of times where I have to reboot some Linux stuff when working with pie Star or this kind of.
Speaker 4: Stuff, especially if it's installing a lot of the behind the scene dependencies. If you change one of its configurations, and you might not when you reboot the Aspect server, it might not get one of the underlining dependencies completely, right.
Speaker 1: It's true. Yeah, that's true. Okay, I just typed reboot now and its rebooting and we'll bring it back up here shortly. So so I will take this opportunity to say that, let me pull this back up real quick. Where's my there? We go right there, So for those watching now or for those listening on the team replay, this is my normal every day all Star node four three one three six, which is the node number right there. You can see how many people are connected right now. K k R five ee E Randall he's on there, W six h E R. Arthur is on there, KB eight p KC. I'm not sure if that gentleman. He's in West Virginia. KB one WSC and one j U R. Eric is in there. N three w W z R K zero WHW Bill. He's in there a lot of times. K C five fog that is that is the repeater on the tallest building on the seawall in the city of Galvin, the island of Galveston. Oh wow, And that one's on there all the time. When I'm in Galveston, I'm monitoring that repeater because I know it's always connected to my All Star system. So that's the k C five fog repeater. That guy's name is Eric, and he was gracious enough to connect his repeater to our system, so that's always on. We're always in there. N N eight r p h k at m r D is in there. Talk to him a couple of times. He's not in there all the time, but he's he's got a he's got a sherry no that I gave him and he built it. He did a video on it. You can go watch that. But he's connected to us a lot of times. AA zero z's in there. Kyle's in there a lot. There's k I for h W L y W eight hr V in for VKF in Virginia, Uh, there's Freddie Mack right there, Katie five FMU, and there's a looks like a bill just kerchunk the system. So I'm not connecting. I don't have my Sharry No connected right now, the one that I keep in the truck, but it's usually connected in there as well. So so that's where we are most day. I don't talk on it every day, but I do talk on it quite often when I'm on road trips and I try I'm going to try to start. I'm going to be home for pretty much the whole month of September, so I'm I should be monitoring this system most every day unless I'm busy out doing something or whatever. So that is that's where that So everybody is welcome to join us on all Star four three one three six is the node number. If you have an all Star node or a repeater that you want to connect to us, you are more than welcome to do so. Brad n a PC, he's usually in there. He's not connected right now. I'm not sure where he's at, but uh, but yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: There's several people in there that are connected and using the system regularly. Okay, So let's bring that up.
Speaker 2: You're twenty twenty four. Okay, I got a.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 3: Still not logging into the ASTROS server.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: I have not brought it back up yet. Let's see.
Speaker 3: I'm not able to connect right there, he saw. I'm thinking something's missing.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's not logging in the ASTROS server.
Speaker 3: No. The default user name for the ASTRA server is admin. That user name that we put in was for your password to log into the I.
Speaker 1: Think that the the case five HWB user name was for try your log in Supermont. It was not for Asterisk, but it was in five sk T makes a good argument. How often is frankin there? The answer is never so good. Good question.
Speaker 4: Don you'll find me on the repeaters more than I'm sitting in a digital room.
Speaker 1: It's not digital, it is it is. No, it's analog voice digital. It's a digital signal, but it's not.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: You got me there, Yes, in a digital room, in a digital room. I like to be on repeaters more.
Speaker 1: You have two nodes that you don't use, so fail, that's all I canna say. Hmm, Okay, Freddie Mack, where are we going?
Speaker 3: Man? Go up there. Let's Let's check your log in for the browser real quick and then we'll get back to the Astra serverger. So what up there underneath your call sign up? In the header you got and hitler again and type in that CASEY five HWB for a user name and whatever password you used. No refreshing, did you? Sometimes? You gotta clear refresh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got, you gotta refresh it. Hold on. I didn't like that. Okay, hold on, refresh your browser. I did that.
Speaker 3: Hold on, so try that again.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Steven, thank you for the twenty dollars New Zealand super Chat. Appreciate you being here. Man.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Usually you have to click on that that user name password that pops up. If you hit return, you you have to refresh the browser. But I'm not even seeing up.
Speaker 1: It's not I I usually just if it doesn't take it immediately, I usually go down here and click on the node and once the node updates.
Speaker 3: It'll So it's not taking that either.
Speaker 1: So it's not taking that either. No, did you.
Speaker 4: Miss mistype your password?
Speaker 1: Well it makes you type it twice, so I don't think so. But anything's possible.
Speaker 3: Tell you what let's do. Let's go back to the command line anyway, Let's just try a couple more things to make sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let me find that screen here.
Speaker 3: I'm showing that note registered on all Star Links website though, so.
Speaker 1: Well that's good, Okay, it's something.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get putty up here, bump and route, all right, figure out where this.
Speaker 1: Okay, we are there, Okay, back in SSH.
Speaker 3: We're gonna CD backslash. We're gonna change the directory to the bar wws slash wwws slash html slash supermand okay, we're there. Yeah, we're gonna change uh oh, let's start with almond dot I and I. Okay, all right, then change that under your main note up there. Change that usier name back to admin admin.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I don't think that. I think the case five h SHLBB was just for Superman. I don't think it was for this is for thenything else. So right, I think I'm pretty sure on my current production note, I think the admin the user name is admin as well. So okay, we're there.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna save that and exit, and we're gonna run that little script again to change your password for your note, I mean for your Supermond.
Speaker 1: The A S T t R E S dot s H.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If I get to astisk reboot script h t P A S s w D space.
Speaker 1: No itheralize you can't see it. Oh sorry, okay.
Speaker 3: Starts with h t P A S s w D.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on second. H oh yes, okay, and I have to put the user I D in there? Yes, so which is admin?
Speaker 3: Well, we can do admin, but this should be the user name that we use to log into Supermond. So case five h w B that's what I would go with. I always leave all at admin because it's just simplistic.
Speaker 1: And now you put your passwords a new password. Yeah, I have my supermand user name is case five hibb on my production server right now. But my password is something different than when I'm using here. So okay, we.
Speaker 3: Start the astros server with the A S p R E, S dot s H. Command is right there, and okay, refresh that Superman page and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Still says cannot log in.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go back type in uh A sl dash menu. Let's go back and check some things.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ref resize that for the audience here in a second Okay, we're good.
Speaker 3: Go to note settings.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, that's from that.
Speaker 3: Okay, go down to let's look at that am I password again?
Speaker 1: Okay, make for a nice jest secret.
Speaker 2: I think that's what I have written down.
Speaker 3: It sure looks the same to me. Yep, to hit cancel tab to cancel yep, the port. Look at let's look at the AI export, just to make sure it's just forty five sixty nine. Okay, we're it is. Yes, it's a lot of that. So go to all Star Nodes set up menu and now, granted that password is going to show up once we get into there, but I want to just make sure we've got Yeah, we're going to choose that node.
Speaker 1: Update node for six.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, so node password. Does that node password look right?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, that's the temporary password I set up for it before we went live.
Speaker 3: Today, it's just open. We don't have a CLI for see that interface to CLI. We're not going to go to that, but if you were to, you know in handboid that was called simple USB.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, okay, it actually has the.
Speaker 3: Same name, but they call it something different in the menu. So okay, sure that looked right, sou tab down to back and exit out. Okay, then we're going to go all the way back to the command line and reboot the server once more.
Speaker 1: Okay, just reboot now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, there we go.
Speaker 3: But I didn't anticipate a different username, and it shouldn't make a difference because that username we set there was for Superman. It's not for the Astisk server.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah we didn't. Yeah, yeah, we didn't change the name for the Asterisk server.
Speaker 3: But understand why we're missing something here, because running we're registered on all Stars network, right, So.
Speaker 4: Ham Radio and Networking suggesting the nice is with a one, not an eye nice in the password.
Speaker 3: Past word the word nice. Yeah, oh that is, except it didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't. It didn't look like it to me. But yeah, okay, we can try that.
Speaker 3: I think he's right.
Speaker 4: And then Steven had uh something to say there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that, he said. You might have said this earlier in stream at how much doesn't does cloud server cost? So it's different everywhere. I pay sixty dollars a month to dream host, and that includes the domain, the domain that includes all of my websites and I.
Speaker 3: Have, and that's considerable, six or.
Speaker 1: Eight websites, okay, And it includes my cloud server for my c bridge and my cloud server for my my my currently in production all Star server. So I've got two cloud servers and all my domain names hosted and an unlimited number of email addresses and like two terabytes a month of pass through data and I pay like sixty dollars a month. It's going to vary. It's going to vary for where you go and whatnot. So, but that's that's currently what I'm paying.
Speaker 3: The setup I have on the line Ode cloud service is very it's one of their lower packages. It's a gigabyte of space, it's a shared CPU. But it's five bucks a month. But and there may there may be instances where you need a hub server. That's that requires more resources, and that's when you would pay for a higher fee per month. But mine doesn't have all the bells and whistles Jason's does. It doesn't give you out a domain name, it doesn't have a bunch of five I was on there for websites and it's only the one, so it's it's uh. I got the idea from another YouTuber who I wish I could remember the name of right now. He did a really great version and turned me on to it, so it works for these purposes. Oh okay, so let's let's go back in and check back in. Uh, let's go to a s l dsh menu. Okay, let's go node settings. Uh update asterisk a m I password and see that that.
Speaker 1: I think he's right. I think it is a one number one.
Speaker 3: Okay, change that in our almond dot I n I file or yeah.
Speaker 1: You can change it. You can change it here. Yeah, this is a sandbox, so let's just change it here.
Speaker 3: Uh I there you go.
Speaker 1: I think he's right. I think that was an I one. I can't really see that, but okay, we're good.
Speaker 3: Down one there and hit restart asterisk. See where it says needed. Yes, some little good cues in here nowadays with stuff like that, which is nice. Good. Sure, sure, and we can back out. Uh, well, we don't necessarily have to back out. Let's just go back to our Superman and refresh.
Speaker 1: There is no connections.
Speaker 3: Oh that was it? That was it? Trial into your to your supermant.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, I can do admin.
Speaker 2: I guess is right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is right there.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you see the the dialogue box up there. I like to call it the d t m F box there. Yeah, every so often you could go there and type in star SM update all together and then hit the dtmth button and that will update this version of Supermont if there's an update for it.
Speaker 1: Star SM SM update update no spaces.
Speaker 3: No spaces all together and eTMF and it'll say executing the command.
Speaker 1: Nice. Okay, I've never done that before.
Speaker 3: I hadn't either, and I found it right, very interesting, and so far it hasn't proved me wrong. But it doesn't say, hey, you're updated or anything like that either. So there, yeah, I'm going to try some.
Speaker 1: So let me go four three one three six connect and I'm going to go over here to my current production server. Nope, not that one.
Speaker 3: And there we go, and I just logged into you from my repeater in Preston Cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, So case five HWB two twenty simplex Grapevine. That's it says that because I used to use this node number for my two twenty no here in the shack, which I need to rebuild that note I need. The Raspberry Pie failed on me, so it's not currently. I hadn't been online in several months, but I want to rebuild that note. What I'd like to do, my wife was in the chat earlier. What I'd like to do is have this two twenty a Linko node. That's that, a Linko radio that's right here, with an all Star node running in the shack twenty four to seven, and leave a radio on my My wife wouldn't really think much about a radio sitting on the counter because it kind of happens all the time, but I would have to give her. And my wife has a ham radio line. She's a general she's got a general class license. So I would leave her an HT with a two twenty HT and say this is how you reach me. Just turn the radio on and key it up and I'll have it programmed for and she can talk to me when I'm on road trips, and she can use my all Star node here that's connected to the server and the cloud. So that's what I did that for a while before this Raspberry pie died. And then I'm like, I need to rebuild that Raspberry Pie. I just haven't done it yet.
Speaker 3: So here's something else we can check real quick while we're thinking about it, and go, you know, up there to the browser for the for the new server that we just configure right here, okay, from supermond to Almond three, Almond three all together, lowercase, and that, my friends, is Almond three. Now we didn't change the password for you can hit log in and the default password it's to your left. Yeah, the default us your name is Almond three lowercase altogether, okay, and password all lowercase. And then you got to click on that log in and you're successful. Now if you go over to the right, you see up there in the blue bar to the right. Yeah, that first one is your pie chart or your bubble chart. Nice, okay, and there it is mm hmm that that's huge. Yeah, that looks that's that's kind of normal for what my head looks like. Yep, it is. I've seen it. One day. I heard somebody talking and I logged in and they had you hooked in with the UK HubNet.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I try not to. I try not to look to hook into the larger systems. I asked people not to do that. I'm not I don't get mad, I don't start yelling at people. I was like, guys, just just don't hook into a large network because a they don't want to hear from us, and B I want our system usable for our users, not for everybody across the globe. Everybody's welcome to connect to me, of course, but I want our system usable for people to use. But yeah, so okay, so that was the that's the bubble chart. What's this year? Do you all stats?
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead and hit that one. I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's just the ASL page.
Speaker 3: Okay, sell page?
Speaker 1: All right, good, And then.
Speaker 3: That is your link commands. Click that and it brings up the menu and you can choose a command.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, connect this connect monitor. Look, oh that's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: I can hit close, show you a cool little something something here. Okay, you see the four three one three six that's connected to the far left. You see that little ex hover over it right, Yes, lock, that is your pop up blocker. No, I should go ahead and click on it. It is right there as already it already has chose disconnect and then popping out the number, so you can just hit execute and boom you're done. If you just want to get somebody off there quick, or.
Speaker 1: Just want a little bit quicker, huh okay, nifty little shortcut.
Speaker 3: Now there should be one more icon to the right of that link. I can't see it on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh, it's it's over there. It's uh, let's.
Speaker 3: See commands like it was in the commands menu in Superman.
Speaker 1: Correct, it's taken execute commands just like that.
Speaker 3: And you hit that drop down where it says choose a command, and there's like a ton of them in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It It doesn't show the drop down menus in the screen capture, but yes, it is there. You're right.
Speaker 3: But the beautiful thing about All Mind three is, like I said before, when you're looking at it on a phone or a tablet or whatever, it's very dynamic and it will fit itself to fit your screen. Yes, actually manipulate nice. So right right now, there's no favorites on it, which I love favorites because I can't remember stuff. But it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Where do you set that up?
Speaker 3: There is no favorites in All one three.
Speaker 1: But you oh, oh they don't Okay, they don't have that option. Okay, not yet.
Speaker 3: I think they're working on that. I think it's a future expansion. But they needed to get up and going so they'd to be ready for the release. Yeah, they were looking to do it a little sooner than June. But when they brought me on, they said, okay, we need I needed to train myself and with their help, to configure a node to make the video. And so they sent me the first image and I reimaged it five times in the first night because I kept trying to do it one point. Yeah, oh gosh, yes, okay, now here's a link, go read the.
Speaker 5: Right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's like?
Speaker 3: That is like, oh hey, I got that to work. And then I got all scan to work, and then I got Sky one plus to work, which already.
Speaker 1: Did is just see what do you think about all Scan? I got a buddy down and Sad, I got a buddy down here in South Texas. Lee. I'm surprised he's not in the chat tonight that runs all scan. He sent me some screenshots. I went and logged into it. I'm like, man, this is cool.
Speaker 3: It is cool.
Speaker 4: What is all scan. That's the first time I heard it.
Speaker 1: It's another interface like All three, Right, it's like Superman on Allman' They're different, they do different things. Allman used to be very very very basic, and then Supermond added all this stuff to it, and now they've kind of gone back and with it allm on two, all on three, you know, all this kind of thing. They keep upgrading everything. But all scan is yeah, as I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong here, all scan you can actually connect to someone else's node and administer someone else's node. I mean they have to set up permission for you, I think. But like if I were to if I were to click on if I were to go into all scan in my node Freddy, and I were to click on you and go into all Scan, I could go into all scan in your node and I could administer to stuff in your node.
Speaker 3: I think that's doable. You can do that with Supermond.
Speaker 1: Can you? Okay, haven't I haven't tried that yet either.
Speaker 3: I can show you this real quick if I can find my obs stuff really fast here, and I'll share this with you that one second. I'll try to make it a little bigger.
Speaker 1: Pin that right there.
Speaker 3: Okay, mine too, but I better select it first. There we go. But this is your and I haven't logged in. I'm going to log into it real quick. And that's my node right there. These other nodes that are connected to me, and this is my private node the seventeen seventy six that links me over on DV switch for DMR, but raw its control window pops up and I could type in what.
Speaker 1: Is your new node number four three sixty.
Speaker 3: And connect and it's more eye candy than anything.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and I like that, you know, I like that. That's one thing about Vim over Nano. Nano's just black and white, but Vim had color text to it, and I personally like that. I think it's just easier to read. It's easier to see, like like you can see different lines, you can see different headers and whatnot. I just kind of like it better. That's my personal opinion. So that, yeah, that does look good.
Speaker 3: Add favorite and down. Here is your list of favorites, and it's constantly polling them. So if they're showing in the green that see if they're online now, they're registered with all Star. If you see it in red, it means they're transmitting right now. If it's a deep red, it means something else. But over here there's see that l count lcs That is a link count. That's how many links are connected to that particular server.
Speaker 1: See. That's one thing I think Supermand is severely lacking. It's like, you know, if someone's connected to me, Let's say somebody from the East Coast for connects to me, Well, it shows them, but I don't know how many years connected to them on the back end, so I have to go into the bubble chart and say, oh, my god, who is connecting me to these four hundred nodes on the East coast? And I go in there or West Coast whatever, and I go in there and oh, it's this guy. But Superman didn't show you that. So that's kind of cool that it shows you the number of links, so you can tell who's out there connecting you to the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: Right, And there's this little dynamic window here. It kind of tells you what's going on in the background and what all'm on or what's super I'm sorry, what else can is doing?
Speaker 1: All scan?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, And then you've got a few nodes stats, restart your asters server button here, your temperature of your CPU, just some basic stuff the help that you might or may or may not want to use. And plus you can yeah, you can add other users that you want, and you can give them lower rights to this browser so they can look at it or they can look at it and connect, or they can look at it and make modifications. You know.
Speaker 1: It's just so can you add Can you add like super users that can reboot and kick people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can add more than one super user.
Speaker 1: That's what I need because I've got two or three people, including you, Freddy, including Frank also that I'm like, hey, we were driving to uh where were we? Frank? I think we're driving to We were either driving to Date. No, you weren't with me in Date. I think we were driving to Yellowstone.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: And Ione right, so we were sell Stone.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I think we were driving to Yellowstone. And anyway, we were somewhere together in my truck and I said hey, And I got a text from Brad and he's like, hey, dude, somebody's puking in the in the network or whatever it was. It's like some guy just kept keying up. It was interference. It wasn't it wasn't malicious or anything like that. It was just some node was interfering with the system. And I said, Frank, go to go to him radio two dot com Ford Slash all Star and log into Superman. Gave him the user name password, and like do you see that node that's keying up over and over again? He goes, yeah, I said click on it, hit disconnect. He's like, okay, I've done and he did that, and like, because I was driving, Yeah, it's really hard to do driving right exactly. Yeah, yeah, I was like, I'm gonna pull over and do this. But but yeah, so it'd be nice to give a couple of people admin to the to this, to the to the Superman page and just say hey, go in here and do this, not have to give out my master password and whatnot.
Speaker 3: So exactly, and it's a pretty user friendly. I've got a video out on that.
Speaker 1: So well, I think what we're gonna do. And I said this to Kyle a long time ago, and so long story short, I've had this server running for a year, year and a half something like that. Kyle and I did the did an install. There goes my camera. I'm still here, Kylin and I did the install of this server a while back. Over and yeah, and for some reason, sometimes on some people and this does not happen all the time, and it doesn't happen to everyone, but sometimes some people just cannot connect to my system. And Brad was telling me. He's like, he called me on the phone. This was several months ago. He called me. He's like, man, I don't know what's going on. He's like, but I've never had that problem. He's like, everybody's telling me that they can't connect. I have had the problem myself. I have had the problem with my share you know, when I get in the truck and hit the road for a road trip and drive to Galveston, drive a date, and drive wherever, and I'm sitting there and I was like, oh, my nodes disconnected. I try to connect and I can't connect to my own freaking cloud server and I have to log in, reboot the cloud server and then it connects. It's fine. So I don't know what causes that. But again, it's running ASL one dot oh, which is fifteen years old. So I was like, we're going to upgrade two dot oh. And I was talking to Kyle about this on a live stream and that's when I got the Well, shortly, not too long ago, I got an email from Todd, one of the admins of ASL, and he's like three dot oho is out and why don't you upgrade to this? And I'm like, cool, Yeah, so three dot oh is brand, but I would love to have somebody else to add in that for me as well. So good. So what I want to do, Freddie, is once we get my system upgraded, we'll bring you back on. We'll do an all Scan install livestream one night app standing, and I want to do a dv switch install one night because and I'm not going to give and I'm don't misunderstand what I'm saying here, guys, I'm talking to people in the audience right now, on the chat right now and on Team replay. Dv Switch will let you install an app on your phone that's free called dv switch and set a user name and password where you can connect from your phone to my All Star system. Now, I'm not going to make that publicly available, but if I know you, I will give you the information. You can connect to us from your phone.
Speaker 3: You can make a user account just for that person, right Nick Dan, And then if they abuse it and.
Speaker 1: If they yeah, and if they turn out there they get drunk when yeah just ca yeah yeah yeah yeah drunk time. But but yeah, so so that's another option. So we've got all Star, We've got connections in through All Star, we've got admin in through all Star. You got the super one page with all scan page whatever. But then you can connect from your phone as well.
Speaker 3: It's an ex connection audio. It is amazing.
Speaker 1: It is. It works really well. It does. Brad In for n A PC. He has a system set up where he let me use it. When I was at dating a couple of years ago, when my Sherry note died on me, He's like, just use my DV switch. And I connected to him and he was connected to my system and I was able to talk that way and it worked well. I was on I got in the truck like two or three weeks ago. I was here at home. I got in the truck. I'm like, I'm gonna go down to the store and get some stuff and get this and this, get this, come back and I get in the truck. I turn on my I turn on my radio, start my truck up, turn my radio and I'm pulling out of my driveway and I hear, okay, fuve love you what And I'm like, what the hell is Joe Brett doing on my ulstra ontar? So I keep up. He's like, dude, I just install DV switch. This is great. I'm like, oh, okay, cool man. So I talked to him for five or ten minutes that morning. I was like, dude, you need to connect more in here. I was like, I'm I was excited to hear him on the system out there. Bill's in the chat. I've talked to Bill several times. I was in Galveston last week. I was talking to Bill. He I just ke up the city. I keyed up the Galveston repeater that's connected into my system. I wasn't even running my note at the time. I was talking on the Galveston repeater and Bill comes back. He's like, hey, man, what's going on. We talked for like ten minutes that morning. So it's a cool system to be a part of. So you guys, please, if you have access to all Star through a repeater or a node, please connect to us. I would love to hear from you.
Speaker 3: So it's revolutionary. It's not for himcom, but it's great for every day use. Correct.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, it's not off grid. It is internet connected ham radio, but your ham radio that you're using to talk to it will work off grids. So yeah, bite me on the off grid stuff. But yeah, but this, yeah, No, this is just a fun system to use. So it's it's good, real good. But uh, John is uh there is a way to set up DV switch so that you can connect to any node without credentials.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there is, uh.
Speaker 1: Probably, but I can limit that, I think on my server if I'm not can if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: But use your actual like you took one of your node numbers, and you can log in from dB switch off your phone directly into your node through All Stars. Yeah, a little bit of a process, but it works. So yes, then you can use f pad from there to connect to other nodes. So it's facing the.
Speaker 1: Right. And then if I find and then if I find someone abusing it, I can simply ban that node number.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yeah, and Scott, it's it's very robust that way. So ham Radio Kansas, I assume that KS means Kansas. Is Sherry the way to start into All Stars. So Sherry is a node. What is that is that hamprojects dot org kits for Hamps kids for Hams. That's him. Yeah, a lot of these different websites kits for Hams, dot com dot It's a good it's a it's a very popular one. It's easy to build. It's a good it's a good option. It's not the only option, but it is a good option. Yeah, dumb. That gentleman out there, and I met him at a hamfest recently. I can't remember that gentleman's name right now. I want to say it's Steve, but everybody in him radio's named Steve, so I could be wrong about that.
Speaker 4: They're we built them all last Yeah, yeah, yep. I messed mine up and had to fix it.
Speaker 1: And you still don't connect. And don gave you one that's working. You still connect, Yeah, but you still don't use it. I get it. Yeah, So but yeah, Sary, I'm gonna have to fix this.
Speaker 4: Fine, you should fix it later.
Speaker 1: So, yes, Sherry, node is an excellent way to start. It is not the only way to start. My actually first kit was a repeater builder kit.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they got those rim Alinko, the rim track. I just got another rim Max track. Those things are great.
Speaker 1: Those things are awesome. So I've got the rim Alinko, the a Linko Mono band mobile radios, not the dual band, but the mono band six meters ten meters two meter twenty four to forty radios. They have a dB twenty five port in the back and repeater builder dot Com makes a thing they called a rim Alinko and they make one from Motorola a couple other radios. You just plug it into the back of a DV of a dB twenty five in the back of a Lenko and then it and then on the back side of that that interface is a USB port and you plug that USB port into a Raspberry Pie and you can run all Star from any Alinko radio. It's great works fair.
Speaker 3: Well thirty five, the d R two thirty five, d R right thirty five, and there's a six meter version. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I think it's six thirty five, which doesn't make sense for the rest of them, but I think that's what it is. It is, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, so but that's uh yeah, so the repeater builder dot Com uh had and those are those are You just buy that and plug it in. You don't have to build that. The Sherry note you have to build, but it's fun to build kids. If you enjoy building kids, it's a great kid to build. We've done the kid building on this live stream before and and Mike. Uh I gave one of those kids to Mike and Kate Emmerty and he built that on He did a video about building that just like a month ago. That's right.
Speaker 3: I've heard it on All Star. I've not fell over, I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh man, you're on the internet.
Speaker 3: You know that?
Speaker 1: So I don't know he know how to yeah, did not how to use a computer. Isn't Matt guy, you know? But you know he's built a kid for All Stars. No, it's it's fun. It's fun to hear him on there. So, uh so, Mark, can any connect to four six four three sixty? So this was a temporary Oh my damn, camera's messing up. This was a temporary node we were using tonight. This is not the permanent node that we're going to be using. You can connect to four three one three six. Four three one three six is the node number you want to connect to. So when I upgrade my cloud server from where it is now to ASO three, which is what we did tonight, it will still be four three one three six after all that's said and done. Take me an hour or two to upgrade it, probably this week sometime, but it'll still be four three one three six. That's the node number you want to connect to. And if you go to let's see where is that. If you go to ham Radio two dot Com Forward slash all Star, you were going to see not that. This right here, This is my supermand page right here, and anyone can connect two and this is read only page. You can't do anything. You just read only. But you can see K five Tao connected, Katie nine zgz W six I R connected. You guys, A bunch of you guys have connected out here. So yeah, anybody can connect to four three one three six and you can pull up the supermont page at ham Radio two dot Com, Forward slash all Star and you're welcome to uh, you're welcome to join us. Everybody's welcome. I just want to make sure you have the right number, mark, So yeah, you bet. Thank thanks buddy, thanks for being here tonight. So all right, hey, this was great info, Freddie. I appreciate your time tonight. You are the expert of the room tonight for sure. And I'm going to get this set up on the back end and so that it's running on my cloud server once I can get access back to my own freaking cloud server. And it's that document you sent was is incredibly simple.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna buy it a little bit more and make sure I got everything in the right order and send it back to you and you can tag it into the comments of this video. Oh so everybody will be.
Speaker 1: Able to access it. Yeah, anybody who wants to set up a cloud server with a node. This document is beautiful and this this software is beautiful also, So you guys can certainly set that up if you If you want to set up a cloud server, do it. But I'd rather you just connect to my cloud server and talk to me. But that's okay, you guys do whatever you want to. Totally cool, so but definitely a definitely a worthwhile process. So all right, Frank, I know you want to talk about your we were losing a few people on the on the watch time here, but if you want to talk about your mugs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, thank you very much. Jason. This is the last week. I'm going ahead and do not that camera not that there we go, tank radio mug. This is the last week for the tank radio mug. The link is I just dropped to the chat here. This awesome mug that you're seeing on the screen twice once in the pace that Jason Sower once in mine over here is pre orders only. Once they we take this down here won't be able to get any There are no re orders. This is one time deal. I can't wait to get these mugs ordered because I'd just like to wrap this up. And we're super close to the goal that I set and I think we're gonna get it this week and we're gonna get them ordered. There will probably be a month delay, but once we get them ordered because they got to be made, and then I'll get them all shipped out because I will have to ship them out. But please, please, if you want to take radio mug, go ahead and pre order it because there's not gonna be sold after this.
Speaker 1: Right And once again, for those of you who are not here in the beginning Ham Radio two dot com forward slash email dash sign up, this is the page you will see when you go to that website. I'll put a link in the description blow for this and everything else we talked about today. Also now in the chat, thank you thanks Frank co hosting twenty We hit twenty thousand an email subscribers about a week ago and it's state can. I wanted to make sure it's stayed consistent, and it has. Some of you keep on subscribing for some reason, but I want to make sure it's stay consistent. We're gonna do a giveaway of an HF radio and you have to be a member of that email list to be entered into the drawing. I'm not sure what it's gonna be yet. I'm gonna reach out to Roger at Arnel and also Richard at EMPTC this week and I'm gonna say, look, this is when I'm doing. What kind of deal can you make me? Because I'm gonna buy the radio myself. Some radios they can get, give discounts on some they cannot. It's totally fine. So we're gonna pick something. We're gonna give it away on the email list, and that's gonna be that. So thank you for those of you who have signed up on that. I share some good information on the email list, so I appreciate you guys being there.
Speaker 4: How about a Flex radio?
Speaker 1: Nah, not for twenty thousand. I'd gave it away a Flex at one hundred thousand subscribers on my YouTube channel. Okay, so if I get one hundred thousand email subscribers. I'll give Flex How's.
Speaker 3: It's not a Flex this time?
Speaker 1: No sounds fair unless Flex Radio wants to say, hey, Jason will give you a Flex radio to give away. I'm like, great, hey, let's do that. But yeah, they're not going to do that. I bought that Flex Radio. I gave away one hundred thousand subscriber giveway for YouTube. But yeah, it's it'd be fun. I'd love to give way Flex Radio. I'd love to give them away another five Flex radios, but yeah, money is a thing and sot there. So, Uh, Freddie Mac, what do you got coming up on your channel? Buddy, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: I've got a laundry list of things till to uh address, but I've I've got a couple of Poto activations coming. I've got my Huntsville lampest videos are starting to get into production. I know I'm way behind, but I'm working on a few more to tweaks with the auto patch feature that video dropped recent nice. I just want to say thank you to everybody who recently had my five thousand subscriber giveaway and tell you what. It's been a whirlwind for me. And I appreciate each and every one of you, and tell your friends and neighbors and your postman and the guy that delivers your paper to go to ham rail Crusader UH YouTube bank channel and like and subscribe. So appreciate each and every one of you.
Speaker 1: How far are you from Lake Ray Roberts Uh? I think we talked about this before.
Speaker 3: I don't remember what the state line isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I want to say two and a half hours.
Speaker 1: Oh is it that far? Okay?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize how far north you were inside the state.
Speaker 3: I'm closer to Tulsa than anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, we're talking about Frank and I talked about doing that. We want to. We've done two or three meetups at Lake Ray Roberts for a compoda with me thing. We just have people out there. Our last one we had what thirty forty people, Frank something like that, and I want to do another one of those this month in September. We talked about doing it Lake Techsoma. We might do it there instead. I don't know, but we we want to do another PoTA meetup on a Saturday sometime this month or maybe early next month. Guys, So reach out and if you're in the North Texas or southern Oklahoma area and you are interested in that, stay tuned. We want to do that. That's gonna be a fun things like a blast. But yeah, yeah, totally absolutely so. Uh W four CPU says, what is Freddy max channel? Go ahead and share your at the link to your channel. You have admin Freddy, so you should be good with that. Ken, it's called Ham Radio Crusader. But we're gonna share a link with you guys right now.
Speaker 3: So I don't I don't have admin rights on your Oh you're a you're.
Speaker 1: A channel member, not an admin. Okay, hold on a second, I can. I can fix that.
Speaker 4: And here I'm sleeping. It's like, yeah you got.
Speaker 1: That, Frank when Yeah, well I thought he did too.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at the calendar. You said calendar stuff and I'm trying, yeah, figure out when.
Speaker 1: All right, I don't see where you've typed anything recently, dude, So type something in the chat Freddie, I'll make you an admin. Well, Frank, share the channel to share the link to his channel.
Speaker 4: I'm doing that right now, as soon as I stumble across it. It's Ham Radio Crusader.
Speaker 3: That's correct or Ham Radio Live dot Org.
Speaker 4: There it is right there. The chat waw haha.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys, thank you, thank you there it is cool.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, thank you. This was the fun live stream. I really love All Star. I love doing this kind of stuff. We love seeing the upgrades from them. Special shout out to the All Star admins, all Star Link admins, thank you for this new upgrade that you guys have done a fantastic job on. And we're gonna see some more stuff on that upcoming. So seventy three to all. Everyone, have a good week. We're gonna have some new videos coming up this week and we'll catch you next time.
Speaker 3: Thank you all later,