Speaker 1: Well, well, well, welcome back to Talking Schmidt. Besties. It's your mother. I have missed you. I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend. I am just getting back from the road and we have the most a fabulous guest for you today. Her name is Taylor Lenore. She is who I call Diamond Mommy. She is a jeweler and a friend, and she's just really wonderful and we had a great conversation. So I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did. Oh my god, I'm so happy to have you here. Welcome to talking Smit Babe. I can't wait to talk Schmidt, Talk Schmitt Babe. We got so lucky that we both come to New York at the same time.
Speaker 2: I know, it's really good karma. It's from looking like all the homeless people in the eyes. Yeah, sometimes giving away your lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And then's two friends moved together at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Had you been planning to move to New York for a while?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had certainly been thinking about it every five minutes for five years. I was in New York for seven years. Moved to San Francisco, and that's where I was in tech and dreamt of coming back to New York from from like the very beginning of that job. Actually, I was going to come to New York and do it here at Google. Maybe you've heard of it, super small, Yeah yeah, I think they're.
Speaker 1: Still in the garage actually, but yeah, I did two cart wheels away from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know, yeah, yeah, I know. It's like in the space. The offices here are like really beautiful. I mean they're all beautiful. Yeah yeah, but yeah, I've always felt like New Yorker because I walk fast, I talk fast. Yeah, it doesn't take a lot to like scare someone in San Francisco, I learned, Yeah, you just have to be yourself.
Speaker 1: And they're terrified.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. So yeah, I was like I wanted to come back here. This felt like home because I didn't have to like police my own personality so much.
Speaker 1: Right, that makes sense. If that's in the way, you can throw it out. I always get rid of mine the pillows just for looks, and we don't need looks.
Speaker 2: Babe, we we've got enough of Actually, don't want to take some of these looks off heart.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, So when you were in New York the first time, were you working in tech or were you working in jules?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I was in diamonds for about seven years, six or seven years in New York before Okay, And I always joked I fell into a pile of diamonds because like every single thing that's happened to me career wise has been like a total accident, just mostly by saying yes to everything. Yeah, I was an archaeologist and worked for the government. I mean college, is that okay, please to start the government job or job? Yeah, that was like it just like followed like an interest, Like I took a class. I had a really good teacher. I feel like there are a lot of stories of like I just had this one teacher and followed him like into I just followed him into the world. And so he was an archaeologist and so I took his class honors, was really really into it, and he actually got me hired by Manpower and I got to do survey work in blythe which is like inland like over near La. Yeah, feels like just as country as Kentucky where I'm from. So I can say that. And yeah, I got heat stroke, fell in a transul again, there were killer bees and I was like, maybe not so much long.
Speaker 1: Jevity, maybe I should you came.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like and so I did, like, so that's my k Now, I can't come with that unless I was like, yeah, I need to fall a trenchlagain, or I'm going home, call me an uber, I want the Killer Bees. But yeah, so I did like the cliche thing after that, and I was like, you know what, I'm gonna go to New York. I'd never been. I was at a time in my life where I had no money, and so I was like, I'm just gonna move there. It's like literally cheaper than visiting to see what it's like. So I just moved here. So I guess to everything. Like was a personal assistant. I was waiting tables. I was like a nanny to a baby with who had a car. He had his own car. He was like less. He was a driver, yes, yes, no, he actually drove. He drove me around. I just sat in the back seat the baby drove. But yeah, it's like I just did everything because I was like, I'm under the impression that like someone's gonna walk into my life and change it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's like the point of New York right, the magic of New York. Yeah, and then I changed my own life. I was tagged in Instagram posts to assist a jewelry designer and engagement designer. Name is Kaitlyn Motion mociu n. I'm still a massive fan of hers in her business, she makes really cool asymmetrical kind of like less traditional engagement rings with antique diamonds and really beautiful colored stones. And there were like three hundred comments on the post. My friend Hannah tagged me, Hey, Hannah, and I was like, I'm not getting this job, Like everyone wants this job, and so I applied and I got the job. And I saw that she was designing engagement rings, sitting down with people, meeting them at the most beautiful point of their lives that they're so happy, they're you know, they're in love. It's such a fun corner customer service because like everyone's really excited to work with you, and it's so like that energy is like infectious, and it's like, you know, you get to work in a luxury industry, which is always really fun, and you look to you as an expert. They really looked to you for guidance, and I was like, this is kind of an intersection of science and art that I was really looking for and didn't know if it existed. I got to use, like, you know, my love of rocks and I love of air conditioning. Yeah, found I found it. I found the combination of both. And she let me try my hand at running her custom design department. And I was often running, I mean, designing engagement rings, meeting with couples. I was like this is I'm like so happy. Yeah. And I went from there to a couple other companies. I was at a company called Ring Concierge. I was very Yeah. I was like a plane number four there. Yeah. Again, shout out to Ring Concierge, like I don't have. I could go on and on about like how wonderful my experience was there and how great that company is. Nicole is like an incredible businesswoman. So getting to like watch her work and like be, you know, be at that part of my career and be close to her just felt really inspiring. Yeah. But then the pandemic hit right right, Remember that, you.
Speaker 1: Guys, Remember remember sometimes I walk around This can't be the life I protected with a mask in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should have been mask off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should have been mask off, because we're right, two chains, what's the song mask of? No, it's not two chains? Who is that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, shout out the future.
Speaker 1: He's so hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which was my problem.
Speaker 2: I know we can arrange on them. Okay. So I the pandemic hit. It was just a really crazy time to be in New York. There were works in the streets. Everyone was freaking out. It's like the reason that you're here is gone. You're staying inside. Yeah, just like it was really intense. And I was looking around all my friends who were in tech and they were kind of like just picking where they want to work from in the world and staying put but in a beautiful place. And they had equity and all this like freedom. And I was like, you know what I am technically in sales. What if I like lift and shift and try to get into tech and just like see if that will yield like a better lifestyle. So I shot for the you know, the stars, and landed at Google. I am like the I studied so hard for those interviews. I disappeared for six months. I moved to San Francisco when I started interviewing because I knew I had to just kind of be where the tech was. I want to be. I want to tech, and I went there and it worked. Like I just I just kind of like immersed myself in all things San Francisco. I bought a Tesla so I could like super fit in. Yeah. I was reckless.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like taking my like sweatshirt off on the one oh one to open my Amazon packages. I had self driving, just like, don't at me. I didn't do it many times I stopped, but like I just like really went fall in. And about like three months into starting at Google, I was like wait, wait, wait, where are the diamonds? And then I realized, like, okay, I've really made a huge pivot in my career. Like I am no, like there's no jewelry anywhere. So I was like, you know what, fuck it. It's throwing away like all this expertise that I had been accumulating over like you know, like like over half a decade seems foolish. Why don't I just start a company for fun, just her funzies to kind of like scratch this itch. I'll do it on the weekend. And it blew up I had a lot of clients who followed me from like motion to you know, like ring concierge and like kind of this. We're always like seeing what I was up to, and everyone had the same feedback. They were like, finally it felt so it was like very validating, and so finally I left j lonor Fine Jewelry is my business. Left j eclipsed my role at Google, and I quit at the beginning of this year. Scarious thing I've ever done. And now I'm all in on LFJ. I quit in January and I was in New York in February, so yeah, I've been thinking about it. Yeah, yeah, Like I actually came to New York to see my friends had like reopened their bar in a different location in Williamsburg Dollies, and I came to support them and left with the lease.
Speaker 1: And that's and that's how you do it. That's just that's how you do it New York. I came for a show and I left with the lease. You know, it's a thing.
Speaker 2: It's like you just can't imagine. It's like, no, this is I want to come home here. So I just like made it happen really quickly. I'm like pretty used to moving around the country. I know how to like gamify it. Throw everything in a box and I hope it doesn't break. You know.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like New York is home?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I have, like you know, I feel we have similar energy. Yeah, like we're like, I'm I'm happy to be here. I have to walk around. I don't get fomo here because there's always something going on. People always like, how do you live in New York? It's like so crazy, But that actually keeps me home sometimes. I'm like, if I want to go out and have like a movie night, I can go outside, but that's like every night. You can kind of have that here, and so I have no problem staying home, like you know, locking in Yeah, and then I have no problem not doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, So we have to talk about your meet cute that happened in New York. It happened pretty quickly after you moved here.
Speaker 2: It did that, It did I I actually like still can't believe that it happened the way that it did because it's like really fun.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll just tell the story. Yes, Okay, So I was I was at a bar in Williamsburg drinking. My friend was bartending and I just want to go sit with her and kind of like hang. And I had just gone through like a weird situationship that like was just like only bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was a DJ, so it's like, come on girl, I know, come on girl, I know how the story.
Speaker 2: I had just made a shirt that said no more DJ. Yeah, and then like ended up like seeing a DJ.
Speaker 1: But at this big age, we know how it ends with the DJ.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I had clown makeup on. Like all my friends were like waiting out sidelines, like when are you done? Yeah, I'm like, no, I've done more.
Speaker 1: I know what it was like. You were like sin on your story.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh girl, keep myself out of the window. So yeah, so like I I finally dedit it. It was just like a lot of anxiety and yeah, I was not good.
Speaker 1: You said something, sorry, I had to cut you off. You said something before the podcast that I want to talk about too. You said, like, when those situationships ended, how much like anxiety and bad feelings you had to like overcome, Yeah, start feeling better again.
Speaker 2: Dating the wrong person is a time suck. Yeah, And like now that I'm like, you know, like running my own company. It's like it robs me in ways that I'm like waiting more personally, you know, I'm kind of like when I don't want to work very hard, it's not like I'm working like just like down, you know, it's like it's like my own money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I started to feel kind of like the detriment of like not picking the right person and like really vetting people more. Because mind you, this is like just a few months after like I'd started this journey.
Speaker 1: Like, for example, if they say I'm a DJ, you said you could time to turn around, good luck with your life, remix this skirt skirt out of here twos and.
Speaker 2: Threes, and I'm out, so like, yeah, that's never making that mistake again. Yeah, but yeah, I I it just took like a lot of times in a bad mood, like I was kind of incendiary. I was annoyed. I was like I'm not going to date anymore. I was starting to like I was like I'm just off it and I don't like to be off work. And I work literally with people who are in love, like they are so inspiring. My clients have no idea like how Hi. They set the bar for me, like watching these men bend over backwards with the proposal, like the ring, and like I want to surprise with wedding jewelry. And it's like and then I look at the guy I'm dating and I'm like, he would never do that for me, and so like I am just surround my love. And so I feel like when things go wrong, it's like I go to work and I'm just like reminded of what I want. Like so in my face, it's very interesting in that way. But yeah, I was at this bar. I was talking to my brother on the phone, drinking some beers. My my best friends is bartending. I seldomly do that. I feel like if I'm not sitting with someone drinking, like I don't want to do it. But I was like, you know, I'm gonna have some time to myself on some me time, recalibrate. And I had two hot dogs, so you know I was feeling good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two hot dogs in a pea funk.
Speaker 2: Baby, she is real hot girl ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually live in a den of Tarantula's emotionally, I was.
Speaker 2: I was at the Tree of Killer Bees like like like just in every way at that moment. But I was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna go home, like my night is done. I've had a great time, I'm enjoying my own company. I'm out. So I leave the hot dog over my head as one does, make sure everyone sees the hot dog, very important part of my outfit.
Speaker 1: What we want, Yeah, this is what I want.
Speaker 2: I would leave me the DJ. And so I'm like walking and I'm listening to music and I like feel like dancing. I'm feeling really good, and I realized, like I have free will and I could just dance if I wanted. So I started to dance a little bit. And then I was like I can't stop. I can't stop dancing. And so I'm like dancing through the streets. I'm going from Williamsburg to green Point. I'm like dancing through the streets. I'm trying to take like the like lesser, like the less busy streets, cause I'm not trying to like really like cause a scene.
Speaker 1: But I needed to clear I'm not trying to go full New York no, like pull your pants down, that's kind of out. Can you imagine just like mooning I have I'm gonna show everyone that's listening this video too. But I have a video of a guy with a Satan outfit on and his ash cheeks out, just dancing in the streets of New York. I had two stides in my eyes when I walked past him, and I was like, I don't have the bandwidth for this right now, but good for it. But the fact that he came with a boom box and he was just ready to show the world his butt on a Monday morning, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, you know what, convidence is so inspiring.
Speaker 1: It's we can all be doing more. How did the god? Well whatever, I'll find it later, Like, how's it so hard to find?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Was such an important.
Speaker 2: Can you just search the best day of my life?
Speaker 1: Best day ever? Question mark? Did I delete it?
Speaker 2: No? All right, I couldn't have deleted that.
Speaker 1: I couldn't have deleted it. No, okay, anyway, sorry, keep going with your story.
Speaker 2: So I'm dancing at this point. I'm like dancing, like pretty, I'm full on dancing. Yeah. I unlock a level of the video game where a man ran up to me, put a cigarette in my mouth, lit it, and ran away. I was like, this rules. I'm obviously in the right place like this, the universe is like, you're doing great, sweetie, because of this man who arrived gave me a cigarette and I was just dancing. I'm dancing smoking a cigarette. And I get over to like near my house and I look up and there's like a guy. I've over the ear head phones on, so like I super can't hear. There's a guy. And he stopped and looking at me, and like I see his mouth moving, and so I moved my earphones and he's like what are you listening to? And I was like, is he like hot? Looking through all the ketchup by the way my face, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, wipe, wipe the mustard out of your eyes. You're like wait a minute.
Speaker 2: And I had the street. I mean, we've all been him, We've all been we have all that's my sleep foralysis demon Like I'm just I wake up and it's that's what I see it. I'm like, get it, babe. Yeah, don't stop on, yeah, don't stop for me. You keep going yeah. OK. So I crossed the street to answer him because I'm like is he hot? And so I'm like, oh my god, it's like hot. Cry to me. I'm like Sophie Tucker.
Speaker 1: Oh was it purple hat ta? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know it was like it is I couldn't like my body had to move.
Speaker 1: It was like against my I did the exact same thing in Paris when that song first came out. It came into my headphones and I was like, what the just you came?
Speaker 2: Not that?
Speaker 1: I swear to God, it calms everything in my brain. When I listened to that song.
Speaker 2: I was like literally reaching Nirvana. Yeah, I was floating about my body, like just getting it.
Speaker 1: I listened to that song on rebeats. Yeah, we're gonna dance do it after this, Okay.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I cross the street and I'm like Sopie Tucker and then we like I'm like this guy is like so hute and he's gonna go buy pretzels. And pretzels are like one of my favor foods. I've been eating them since I was like a kid. My parents are like, why are you eighty? What's next do you want? I'm like, snyders of handover hard pretzels in the box. You're like please O. When I cut my my mouth with pretzels today, and so I was like, I actually like, A'm super well versed in this and I can help you shop for pretzels, and so we go to to get pretzels and then we go I'm like, should we get a drink?
Speaker 1: Like what's happening? And so he's like yeah, so we go to get a drink. Wait, so who was the man that put the cig in your mouth? That's a different man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just a man that I unlocked by dancing down the street. He might have like a hole in the ground, might have opened it. She came up. He was like his purpose was a cigarette. He left, so like whoever that is, bless.
Speaker 1: God, bless us.
Speaker 2: Like I felt like I hit the lottery.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like Bruno Mars coming up from stage just literally literally.
Speaker 2: I would do anything.
Speaker 1: It's like a fog machine around him. He just gives you a sack.
Speaker 2: Times I'm like, get the drones out, make them everywhere. So I could like have that moment like what did that look like?
Speaker 1: And how did he know you wanted to sing?
Speaker 2: I was ripping them?
Speaker 1: Okay, have you were watching me?
Speaker 2: I was just like, moment, go out, I'd light another one because I was like just like working things out, you know what I mean. It was like therapy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, there was the Demons out.
Speaker 2: The demons love cigarettes.
Speaker 1: The demons are dancing, love a beep fog and dance. Opey Tucker a beer and talks and.
Speaker 2: The demons are frapp.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The devins are literally fro. It was the DEFENSI the DJ that's so us.
Speaker 2: So we go to have a drink and we have a cocktail and I look at him and I'm like, should we just like make out? And sleeper's any chemistry here? So we don't mast each other's time. Yeah, Like the business woman arrived, she was like time is money? Is this a man worth kissing or not? Yes? And so we make out and then basically was like whose house are we going to?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And now he's my boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Ah, would you look at God? This episode is brought to you by Berber hair oil. You know what? You love it? The Burdock hair oil that we're putting on our roots to make our shit grow. We make it, We're making our hair strong. I was just talking to my friend the other day about about my hair. I was talking to Reina and she's like, girl, is this all your real hair? And I was like, yes, bitch, can you even believe we have come so far from the foe hair journey, Like I had never been closer to yeating myself than when all my hair came out. But you know what, we're growing it back stronger than ever. So please use Berber and love it the way that I do it. You can get fifteen percent off your first order with the code Brit b r I t T at Burber dot com. Bu r b your dot com. Use the code Brit, get your Burber hair oil besties and think me later.
Speaker 2: I like, I have never had more fun. Yeah I don't. This person is actually made me realize I haven't had a honeymoon phase in a really long time because I'm having so much. We played Tag. I skinned my knees playing tag.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I remember that I saw that was on your birthday, on or around your birthday.
Speaker 2: It was a birthday birthday game of tag. And he's so hot, He's really hot. He go straight to his head. You're fine, You're fine, You're okay, You're.
Speaker 1: Just you're fine.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I was like, I'm gonna go to on on talking Schmidt. I'm gonna like say a little code word for you, so you know, yeah, thinking of Yeah, and the word is this, it's all of our business. The code word is talking about us and how we met in great detail for the first half. So if you're listening, this is the code word. It's our best.
Speaker 1: The code word is hot dog.
Speaker 2: It's hot dog. Yeah. I'm I'm like thrilled. It's like really, just I'm having so much fun. So it's like all signs of pointed to moving to New York was the right thing to do. I did it the best time. I really could not be happening.
Speaker 1: The universe really rewards you when you're doing the right thing.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about how that's very real, because when you're not doing the right thing, it's like it's like rubbing your face in it. I mean things are uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, It's like when I moved to Palm Beach and everything that could go wrong went wrong, Like my interior designers robbed me, my dog died, cheated on me. I was like okay at the Rock Place.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing your stories and every other day it was like, how much would you guys pay for these chairs? As like shit, she's still going We're going through. Those chairs are ruining everything.
Speaker 1: I didn't think furniture could ruin my life that way. I mean, and here's the thing, I was so upset about it for so long. That's how you knew I had nothing else going on.
Speaker 2: You were like, good morning, the chairs, their.
Speaker 1: Mourning the love seat from ye like to the earth.
Speaker 2: To destroy me.
Speaker 1: That was such a funny time. That was It was funny for everyone except for me, Yeah, because I was really But it is funny how you can be like so fucking in something and so ang, which is like blinded by anger, and then a few months later that you're like, hey, I love seats, but it's like you're in my space now. You like, your space really dictates how you feel. And for me, I'm a Taurus, so I'm like my space needs to be like peaceful and bring me. And when I wake up and I'm just filled with rage about i mean, dueling love seats, I was just like, I'm not going to get through this. No, no, I literally barely got through it. But I'm just saying, like energetically, that was like the universe being like get out, get.
Speaker 2: Out, get the chairs, and send the chairs out.
Speaker 1: The chairs in the Atlantic, and then.
Speaker 2: Follow them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the chairs.
Speaker 2: And it's so true though, and like I have to say something funny is happening since I move back to New York. When I was in San Francisco, I really didn't want to be there. I was trying to have a good time, like I always like, I like to show up with a good attitude. It was really hard though, and I didn't nest in any of my apartments, like I'm talking blank walls, no art, because I kept being like, I don't want to be here for long. I don't really. I wasn't feeling pulled to make it feel like home. So I just let my say I live. My apartments were sick. There was like nothing in them that looked like I cared about being there. And I'm a very creative person, like my whole job is designing. I love to get dressed. I love to wear a weird, fun outfit. So for my apartment to be barren, it's kind of like someone check on her. And that was five years and so I moved back to New York and I have like art on my walls. I thought a long time about a couch, like I've got really fun chairs, Like I'm like, you can tell that I care about my space, which is like indicative of the fact that like, I'm just so happy to be here and I care. Yeah, you can get comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are an overwhelmingly positive person. I actually a date.
Speaker 2: One time and this guy was like, I'm feeling overwhelmed and I was like why and he's like, you're just like you're just like a lot, And I was like, are you check over for me? I was like, are you okay? I asked him, are you okay? Like are you having around me? And then he asked me on another date and I was like, no, baby, you don't want you don't want that.
Speaker 1: No one. I was just like, because you're too happy? Have you always been that way? A choice?
Speaker 2: Actually, no, it's fully a choice. I'm very vocal about this, Like you know, if you are, there are so many things that this does not apply to. I want to say that, like life can be very hard and you cannot like trick your way out of it or like like new neural pathway or way out of it. If things are generally okay, and like you know, like you just start to feel like kind of bad, you can follow that. Sometimes it feels good to feel bad. That's why I like winter, winter in fall, or the months where I'm like put on Interpol, be moody, and like these are like my moody times.
Speaker 1: And then comes from the six months I give myself to be booty. These are the half a year.
Speaker 2: Howled I'm going to let myself feel like other things, I'm gonna be upset. But sometimes upset is like it scratches an itch and I let myself lean in. But largely I feel kind of scared of following like negative ways of being too far because it becomes a habit. And when I am like bummed or sad, I'm not productive, like I'm not like my world, I don't do great work like my I'm not having fun at dinner. I just notice it kind of like for me personally, like makes its way into every part of my life. And so to have a kind of life I want and that feels good to me. I like feel like it's important to kind of like show up with a good attitude.
Speaker 1: I love that. I can't relate, but like I love that for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, there are a lot of days like where I'm it's not you know, I'm it's a difference doesn't work, but generally. This is like the ethos I try to No.
Speaker 1: I love that, and I think it's true that it is a choice. If everything else is, that's a really interesting way to put it. If everything else is, generally, then you are making a choice. It's like for me, it's almost self masturbatory right where I'm just like it feels good here.
Speaker 2: No, I know that's when.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so I'll leave it to winter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll share my playlist with you, like they're very different than my summer playlist, right, Like you'll hear a fall playlist.
Speaker 1: But I think fall is the time where I'm probably gonna be the happiest, not the saddest. I think the happiest because I know the darkness is coming, you know. I'm like winter is coming.
Speaker 2: That about you? Yeah, I love that about and you know what. The darkness is coming.
Speaker 1: The darkness is here.
Speaker 2: The trash is going to freeze, and the rats are going to climb to the top of it and jump off at you. Okay, yeah, like five actual air Yeah yeah, yeah, oh you haven't seen that yet. I'll do that together sight seeing. I'll show you how the rats do winter.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's how I'm gonna do. That's how I'm gonna do to the trash. Just jump.
Speaker 2: Goodbye, you just land. It's like.
Speaker 1: He died with your elaborate performance.
Speaker 2: Artie's all the shine. Yeah, she is a rat in the fall, but I'm I'm sad in the fall. In the winter, she's a red inside. Are her two wolves us a rat?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Oh I'm really laughing. That's so funny. I am scared of the winters here.
Speaker 2: Okay, so again, you have to put on your like winter Brittany hat. So winters are for sweaters. You gotta show everyone your coats. Yeah, show them your winter I have so many coats exactly. It's like a fun It's like a fashion show for another part of your wardrobe. Okay, you say, look at this coat, and then you go inside. The next thing you say look at this coat and you leave. You guys walk around being like in these boots.
Speaker 1: It's just like, look at this coat.
Speaker 2: Look at this hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just looks like it's belt around my neck. Look at this belt.
Speaker 2: Look at this window open, jery shut. Actually, so you're totally fine in the winter. Actually, I don't know, you know, I don't really open them in the winter, but we could see, well we'll circle back on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll see, we'll do it. We'll do an episode in February.
Speaker 2: Dying to know?
Speaker 1: Could you go to do an episode with Sad Tailor in February.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be like in my golf me. Yeah, literally, just I have said nine thousand words so far. I'm gonna sit here in silence. Norwegian black metal.
Speaker 1: Just black eyelighter.
Speaker 2: She wasn't lying.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she wasn't like she's not okay, she's really upset, and I'm like I like it. Oh wow, oh my gosh. Okay, So business is booming.
Speaker 2: Business is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never better, it's it's getting you know what.
Speaker 2: For the first like month, I didn't want to do because I was managing my own time, which felt insane. I would wake up and walk in circles.
Speaker 1: Okay, guy, that's a good start. That's a really good start. Until I was dizzy.
Speaker 2: I'd out until I passed out because I'd wake up would just be like what because you know, like I've always had a job, and then a job someone's like do this, this is what you do?
Speaker 1: You don't do this.
Speaker 2: There were guardrails. I was like, I can do anything, and I was like I had analysis paralysis. I was like, so I can do anything, therefore I can't do anything. And it took some time to create structure, and then I blew that structure off. I just was like, no, yeah, I don't know why I said, I blew it.
Speaker 1: That's okay, you blew it up.
Speaker 2: I blew off.
Speaker 1: And then I sucked that structure off, and no, I don't have any anymore, baby.
Speaker 2: I didn't suck off the structure.
Speaker 1: If you're if you're listening, never die.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I just like I wasn't following my own rules, and so I kind of had to like get very serious and see it more as like a sink or swim thing where it's like if you don't do like X amount of these things a week in this timeframe, then like it's gonna affect this, that and the other, and so you know, it's like you kind of like fall forward, you fall upwards. They say, right, it's like happy accident. It's like Bob ro sss. And so I just kind of like figured out what type of structure also works for my personality type. So if I, yeah, it's like I learned what it looked like if I didn't you know, really, if I wasn't serious, it looked like me just being like I'm gonna walk to a coffee shop and then I'd go home and be like, I'm gonna walk to another coffee shop. And it's just like I just was like on walks a lot, because I think a lot on walks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it is one of the best places creatively for things to flow, is when you're moving and you have to give your like body attention to something, but your mind has time to be free. Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially if you can walk in like a straight line and do that thing where you look at the sky and you just can see your peripher you can see the people. You don't have to look straight at them. Do you guys do that?
Speaker 1: No, you just look like it looks like you might be looking like into your into the top of your head.
Speaker 2: Ever, just crossed your eyes down the street.
Speaker 1: You do that thing where you walk straight. I'm like, what, you can't walk straight in New York City? You have to say you just walk straight?
Speaker 2: Nobody with you because they're like, got her up.
Speaker 1: It's so cool, But what the fuck, how did you see it with those eyes crossed, like, yeah, I I go onto.
Speaker 2: Association walks like that, I can like find I do when I run. When I run, sometimes I'm if, I like really want to quit running. I'm like this sucks. I'm hot, I don't want to do it anymore. I'll like stare like into the sky so I can still see people, but I like won't look at anyone in particular, and it allows me to kind of like zone out. And then I like go to another I go to the upside.
Speaker 1: Down, yeah, and then we go to the upside down yeah, and I can like get through things there. I'm also a deep.
Speaker 2: Exactly where like the heart and soul lives exactly. So yeah, I don't know. I love a walk. But now everything is really great. I've got structure, I've got a team behind me. I've got like I've got you know, I've like built everything out in a way where it's not just me. I think that was also a problem.
Speaker 1: It's like it was just me, right, how many people are working for you know, I.
Speaker 2: Have a marketing team, got a social media team that helps me remain very current and cool. Great their fingers on the pulse of you know, whatever happens.
Speaker 1: On TikTok, whatever the fever, whatever that is.
Speaker 2: At one point there was a t remember the trend where it was like no one will pay attention, and so we have to play a video of like people jumping across train cars and then like the subject matters underneath, and I was and I remember at one point someone was like, hey, like we're gonna do like a jewelry video. We're gonna like, have you talking about jewelryn, We're gonna have people on train cars on top. And I was like, absolutely not, because like it just felt like jewelry is expensive, this is a really important purchase. I don't want you to be like, oh fuck, I should have done this. I just the train that was the guy jumped from the train car the other train car, and like I missed that.
Speaker 1: I need you to like kind of pay attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there are some trends where I'm like, I don't know, just because the nature of the price point and the intention and like how special it is, it's like I really just need your attention. Yeah, even if you know, we want to watch three videos at once right now, so you should look into that.
Speaker 1: Let's not rule out the train cars.
Speaker 2: I mean, I want to do it. Yeah, I don't want to watch the video. I want to do it.
Speaker 1: It's actually judge from car train car dimonds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like explaining the difference between like an emerald cut and a oval as I jump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what sort of changes have you seen since the lab grown diamonds have exploded?
Speaker 2: Yes, So you know, lab grown diamonds had a pretty bad rep for a while. People were like what is it? That really was like the first question.
Speaker 1: It was like, well what is it?
Speaker 2: And it's like, it's a diamond and people are like, it's not. And so it is a diamond chemically, compositionally and otherwise. They are cut by the same diamond cutters who cut mine diamonds. They are polished by those same people. They go to the same grating facilities like the g I A or the IGI. They are just grown in a controlled environment, which were moves the rarity factor, right, So, Like, the reason that mine diamonds hold value to a degree is because they are like naturally occurring in all of their splendor, which makes it more rare, which means that there's value associated to rare things like all rare cars bags. We see this across like all industries. So because like we can just grow a lab grown, it means that there's kind of like more readily available and the value is like a totally different conversation. I mean, like they're just so affordable. I personally, after spending you know, seven years selling engagement rings for some of the biggest companies in New York where my average sale was like around sixty thousand dollars sixty okay, yeah, sixty I was my average sales. The lead diamond consultant had them. I mean, like again like some of the best years of my life in my career because I learned so much and I had so much fun. But like guys would write me a check with tears in their eyes because some of these guys who was like all the money they'd ever saved. Yeah, not everyone's like coming with money. Rest conversation, right, A lot of guys just are dating a girl who needs a four carrot mind diamond, right, and it's like no, no, no, if it's not four carrots, like we're not getting engaged, right, And so a lot of guys are you know, like kind of like scrambling to figure out how to do that. Maybe not even letting it be known that they're kind of stress, right, But I see that side, right, And whenever I show diamonds, I'm always showing a price range, So like if your budget's sixty thousand, I would show you like forty to sixty, because like sometimes there's a forty thousand dollars diamond that looks sixty thousand dollars and I'd rather, like I'm always putting myself in my client's shoes, Like I don't want to spend the top of my budget just because it's the top of my market. Like, if I can find a way to get the look for less, I want to do that, and I want you to know that you can do that, and I want you to do that, you know. And so there would be times, so yeah, we're guys, like would the diamond was a price point that they said that they were going to pay and that's what they ended up paying, And they would make jokes for how they're just gonna eat ramen, and I don't know, it was like it made me kind of sad. Yeah, it also felt kind of like maybe like a more risky financial choice to make when star out at the beginning of like such a big chapter of your life. You know, a lot of us New Yorkers like don't own property, right because we've got too much avocado toast, right, So something like that.
Speaker 1: Just big avocado got us and so now we can the American tale truly as old as time.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so it's like, you know a lot of these a lot of couples were choosing to make their first big investment as a couple, like in this purchase and do whatever you want, Like there's no right or wrong answer here. I just what I like about lab grown diamonds is that now you don't have to choose, so you can get that same look for five six thousand dollars. You can lie to people if you want. Lie, I say, it's mind, lie, Who cares as long as you're happy. This is only This is a purchase on behalf of you, two about you too. It's just it's all about it's like for your relationship everyone else. This is such a funny industry because we get so wrapped up and what everyone's thinking, and everyone's gonna think when they see it. And you know, I always say, like, one of the things I hate the most is when clients will be like do you think that that's mind or LAB? And I'll be like, well, does it matter though, because do you like it? Yeah? Do you like it? Because if you like it, then I'll tell you the price of each mind and LAB and you tell me what you want to spend and we can do either.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like I sometimes I feel like the conversation's way too much around like what did she spend? And not like is she happy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So one a conversation I overheard someone having he was gonna get his soon to be fiance a ring, and I was saying, you know, he was like, oh, I don't know if I have the money for the ring that she wants. And I was like, what about LAB diamonds? And he's like, no, I want people to know that I'm wealthy. Yeah, And I'm like, so, what's the solution then if rich people want it? Because the diamonds were the way that it was a status symbol, it made people seem wealthy. And if that's going away kind of just because nobody can tell the difference between labed and Mind, what do you think the next status symbol will be?
Speaker 2: Colored stones, sapphires, rubies, emeralds. Well, don't also emeralds are very low on the most hardness scale, so like they have a very high chance of chipping or breaking when you wear them every day. Diamond and sapphire are and ruby diamonds ten on the most hardness scale mohs, sapphire and ruby are nine. And that's a reason why you see those two, those three materials used most often. Ruby and sapphi are actually the same material. Ruby is just red like it's its own category because there's just like so much happening there and so much value that could associated with it. But yeah, you want to wear material, you want your ring to be functional. Emeralds I'm obsessed with. They can still be very expensive. There's so many different colored stones that can be very expensive for various reasons. That's definitely gonna be status. Because you can't like lab grown colored stones. I will say, you can't like mimic the inclusions.
Speaker 1: You can't glass truly, So if you're wearing colored glass.
Speaker 2: It's you know, if you care about the look and you care about true beauty that can't be replicated. Colored stones that are mined are going to be far and away more noticeably beautiful than lab just because like at least we haven't gotten there yet, like you can all the difference. Also, like you know, yellow diamonds. I mean I did actually just sell like a lab canary yellow. It was eight carrots and it's sunning, so beautiful for a moment, like yellow diamonds, Like we're up there too. I really think it's gonna be about colored stones. Also, you know, if you want to make sure people know the you of a mind diamond, maybe shy away from the idea of having it be colorless. For a long time we wanted when we say we want a white diamond, we're actually saying colorless. So diamonds the grading, the color grading starts at d d EF is totally colorless. So it's the absence of warmth in the diamond rough that the diamond is like mapped out. And then like they you know, cut a piece out. Then they like the diamond cutter maps how to cut you know, the most of a certain shape without losing the most amount of rough. They want to maximize the rough. But basically what happens is when you have a colorless diamond, lab grown diamonds are really only grown in colorless Real mind diamonds have the ability to be kind of warm, very warm, like like like yellow, right, and so like the more warmth in the rough of a mind diamond indicates that it's mind right, because that's not something that we're seeing in lab growns right now. And in fact, I specialize in antiques as well, antique diamonds, and we're cut handcut between the sixteen and eighteen hundreds. They came from minds that produced largely warmer rough. And I was talking all day long until I was blue in the face about like, if you want an antique diamond, you better get comfortable with seeing a lower color grade on your gia s ert just because like that's just the way that it was, right, and they're true antiques, and so also get excited, but like a cool special I love antiques, like I want an antique. I want also like three other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what else do you want?
Speaker 2: I want like three or four rings and a problem? Okay, because I feel like I should just like depending on my mood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well does your man know that? Now? He does?
Speaker 2: Do you want to don't block me? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Wait, maybe I could get a discount.
Speaker 2: Hear me out here? You can have four watches?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, a girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know a guy. We're gonna be just fine. Yeah, but yeah, I don't know. I just feel like, what was I saying.
Speaker 1: That's a great question. You said you wanted antiques antique antiqu warmer rough.
Speaker 2: So now I actually have a lot of clients that are coming to me for antique lab growns and they want warmer antique antique lab growns because that's kind of like how the antiques have always looked for a while, we fought it and now it's charming, right, and I can't really find them in those lower colors. And so again, if you're looking into antiques, embrace the fact that you're going to be seeing like I JK Lmeno on your shirt, because again that's going to signal that it's like a true mind diamond and that it's you know, probably a real antique. It just kind of depends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it true that if it's a real diamond when you go through an X ray you can't see it an X.
Speaker 2: Ray A real I don't know, I haven't heard that, like a mind diamond versus lab grown. Yeah, I actually haven't heard that. Okay, I need to get I lost my health insurance. But I love Google, and so now I don't know if I'm not going through phrase.
Speaker 1: I don't have out the shirts.
Speaker 2: I don't have any all the shirts. I can't answer that question. Brittany O. God, sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that.
Speaker 2: He's scared of being on a city bike.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh yeah, I didn't think about that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm on it, and I'm like fast.
Speaker 1: I love a Citi bike. Did you see what they just did with the automatic greens on for a second and eighth, No, you're on a city bike and you go fifteen miles an hour, which is the top speed. They have it set up on these streets where you get automatic greens and you just fly down.
Speaker 2: So they want us. This is so nice.
Speaker 1: They want you guys on the bikes. They want everyone on the bikes. They want people out of cars. They're doing everything they can to incentivize people to stop using cars. In New York City. It is bananas. I really did not think the traffic here could be as bad as it is. I mean, I was going to LaGuardia the other day and I sat and stand still traffic for like an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's not good. That's why I always opt to take the subway. I'll put the fanciest outfit.
Speaker 1: On and get on the subway. Get on a fucking train, babe.
Speaker 2: I just I.
Speaker 1: I was gonna move my car here, but I'm like, where would I and go with it? Even if I had a car to go somewhere, I wouldn't be able to leave the city.
Speaker 2: Well, and then also like the parking every month, get ready to pay like seven eight hundred dollars. Like your car has an apartment. Literally, it's your car's apartment. Yeah, it's my car. I don't that's my car's studio apartment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I live in my car.
Speaker 2: I live in my car.
Speaker 1: I live in my car now because we can only one of us.
Speaker 2: When do you get your dog a dog? Yeah? You get your your car an apartment? Do you hear that?
Speaker 1: West Now virus is in the mosquitoes in New York?
Speaker 2: Now you know, I'm just gonna go ahead and say no, just not surprise. There's also we have lesionarios? Is use happening a lot?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's like seven people died from it? Yeah, what is that? I think? I don't know? Okay, good, Yeah, we're not scientists, we don't know. She knows about diamonds and rocks, but we don't know that it.
Speaker 2: Happens when like you accidentally let an air condition need to drip in your eye, not let like just like like let it like but like like I think it's I don't know if it's like a water thing.
Speaker 1: Well, that's great. I've had so many I've been air conditioners drop into my mouth since I've been here.
Speaker 2: I was on the airplane yesterday and I just got I just got back from Cecilia. Yeah. I did that thing where I spoke a whole sentence of English and then would go grazzi just like so annoying. Just speak, just say everything.
Speaker 1: Like the whole thing. Is My favorite is when I'm in a different country and I say thank you and their language and they say you're welcome, yes, because they're like they're like enough with the performance art piece.
Speaker 2: This is annoying. I was on the airplane yesterday and I was like drinking out of an open cup of water they gave me, and I could feel like the air conditioning was coming out so hard. There was like kind of spitting and I was like gulping and feeling the water from the vent and I was like whatever is happening right here is going to change humanity forever, because it's like so much questionable water happening to me totally with my mouth and eyes open.
Speaker 1: So anyway, you have blue chair, what's it called lures? You have Luke Caregs. You know, what's it called Lugrians, lu Grigs? What's the No, what's the dose? No, we're not playing a game. The game you just or theire legionaires, not Luke Earegs. Lugaregs is something else. So anyway, now you have Luke Ereggs.
Speaker 2: All right, well we should probably read up about this, like immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my gosh. All right, we're gonna get into debout dark. Yeah, let's talk about this. Someone said, do diamond dealers judge people for overpaying?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's not that they judge you. So let me first of all say that, like there are fair profit margins that like people in this industry should be allowed to make to make a living, as in any industry, right, Like you don't go into us a grocery store and go, I want all this it costs? Right? I know a guy who gives me cereal at costs? Like we are all paying profit margins on everything so that those people who made it can live.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The issue with the fine jewelry industry that like my company also when I started it as kind of like I want to combat this, is that there's a lot of smoke in years and we don't know what is real and we don't know what is fair. And so you know, thank thank god now for like the internet being able to comp shop, you know, like see if like things that are similar. As long as we're comparing apples apples, like always comp shop, always make sure because there are dealers who are a little bit older, you know, it's like this is an archaic industry. It's still largely run by men, and so yeah, like there are dealers who will maybe charge you a little bit more because that's just the way they've always done it. It's kind of like how we look at our like our parents, and we're like we can't be mad at them. They're fully baked, they're never changing and this is just how it is, right. It's like it's like this is like an old industry. We'll have a lot of people who've been in it forever and they've been doing it this way forever, and now we've become more educated and now we want things to be different, and they're kind of like you know, like still going to try to like, you know, charge you this. Yeah, yeah, I do think that there are jewelers who probably do charge more than they should. But while so we're all out here buying Praudu and Louis Bitton and like, you know, it's like we're all used to paying more for the things we really want or as long as it's worth it, then, like I would say, decide on how much you want it if you can't stop thinking about it, but you can camp shop to see if it's fair, and also, like you know, consider like going outside of of your local hometown jewelers sometimes just to kind of like see if there are any other small jewelers out there.
Speaker 1: Who yeah, well, and if you guys are need to shop at all, you do like long distance comp.
Speaker 2: I work remotely remotely, and I'm like really transparent about my process, Like I'll tell you about like the dealer I'm getting the diamonds from, depending upon your budget, and if we're doing lab growns, I'll actually pull you into the online inventory that I select all of the lab growns from son you can select them with me, so we know they get that with you for this, Yeah, I know we mean a ring and I'm assessed that I can't to visit with it. Yeah. I try to be as transparent as possible because I feel like it makes me feel sad. This is such a wonderful and exciting part of people's lives and then like they don't know if they're safe or not. It should be really good the whole way through, you know what I mean. So I do think that like are they judging you? I don't know, like they judge me for a tank top, Like I don't know, like there might be like some judgment present in this industry. I think you should just try to educate yourself as much as possible. And if you're diamond, if your jeweler's not educating you, that's my first red flag. Right. You should feel comfortable asking any question as long as it's respectable. You should feel comfortable, you know, like being comfortable and not moving forward until you're comfortable either, Like don't get pushed into a sale, you know, if you don't have a good feeling, like wait a second, And this can be an industry where you get pushed. You know, it's like they want you to make a decision. Now they're gonna get some scare tactics. Again, just as a lot of industries, a lot of people want to close a deal. So I think just like, educate yourself, make sure that you feel comfortable with your jeweler, and like, yeah, comp shop, just make sure it's apples to apples.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh yeah, well this is you kind of answered this. But how can I be a smart jewelry buyer instead of totally vulnerable because I don't know what I should be asking about? Teach me the way?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well okay, first of all, I mean like I'm gonna plug myself. Yeah, I'll talked, I talked. I educate people all day long. And I always say I was the first part of the process with me and this these are systems and processes that I'm using with my business that I set in place for other companies as well. So I know that a lot of jewelers, big jewelers in New York that like we all know and love, are following like similar ways of doing things. But I hop on an intro call, it's like thirty minutes find out what you're looking for your budget, your timeline, your design preferences, and then like I don't wait, you don't ask me. I just start telling you about the diamonds that you're looking for. I make recommendations, I educate you. So again I think that you're not supposed to be good at this, like this is your job, right, Like I don't walk into, you, know, a museum and I'm like, I don't know anything about this, Like, oh god, I'm stressed out. It's like ask an expert, right, like half somen her questions for you. And if you don't feel comfortable asking questions, I would probably note that because again, like one of my favorite things always joke on a diamond therapist, because this is a very emotional purchase, and I have a lot of customers who will actually gonna I'm gonna tell a story really to illustrate this more. I was working at a jewelry company in New York making engagement rings and diamond consulting, and I got I had a guy who was coming in for an appointment. A lot of guys wo make appointments. Now I have a lot more women involved, which I love so much. But a guy made an appointment and I got a call about an hour before the appointment, and this girl was like, hey, like Jared, I think is coming in today. This is Jared's girlfriend's best friend. Will you make sure Jared knows that she like wants a pair, not an oval and she doesn't want like those short paich wants a long pair. And I was like, is this Jared's girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And she got quiet yeah, And I was like it's okay, and she's like yeah, And I was like, but that's just to say, like, you know, like there are so many different parts of this that are like a little uncomfortable for everyone. We're all trying to figure out like what is okay, what is not? Like I felt like it was part of my job that moment to make her feel comfortable talking to me so that I could do the best job making her her dream ring.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell Jared. She called no, my girl's girl please. I was like, Jared, I have a really good feeling about this pair with the ratio I got confirmed. You know, it's like I'm like kind of like I mediate sometimes right, and so yeah, I just think that like you just should feel comfortable and if you're not, yeah, I would probably try talking to someone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of how Yeah yeah, okay, So do you think it's wanting a mind diamond superficial or emotional?
Speaker 2: Hey, the whole thing is superficial and emotional, Okay, the whole industry. Yeah, it really is, like these are material things on behalf of love, right, And so I think that wanting a mind diamond this is where it's like super about you and no one else. And I just wish that I could like remind people of that all long. This is so not about anyone else but you. And if you want a mind diamond and you don't know why, but you just want it, get a mind diamond. If you want a lab grown diamond and you just like no, it's just this is no one's business. Don't let anyone shame you with their opinions. Don't let a lot of our parents like are of the mindset of mind diamonds because they did not have these options.
Speaker 1: Well, also, weren't mind diamonds like originally given to women as like a sense of security because they didn't have jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just talking about this actually, So the history of the engagement ring is not super fun and happy.
Speaker 1: Rainbows it's sexy.
Speaker 2: We're not allowed to have bank accounts, like we didn't have.
Speaker 1: Rights, and so we had no rights, but we got the rings.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and like still that probably wasn't enough. So what I'm saying, but we were given a diamond ring because it held value and if anything went wrong, we could start over by trading in that diamond. So we are basically holding onto like the promise of like a new future, because that's all we had. I personally love that we have taken something with otherwise kind of like dark undertones and made it about our personal style and like our relationship, and we've put a new spin on it. And that's why I really encourage women to.
Speaker 1: And that's what America will do. We will put a new spin on hardship.
Speaker 2: We're gon we're gonna flip it in reverse.
Speaker 1: We're not the bad guys.
Speaker 2: We're gonna flip in reverse. But yeah, I don't know. I just feel like it's really important to feel comfortable like sharing your you know, your interests, your opinion, like your preferences. This is like you have to look at it every day, right, so make make sure that it's what you want.
Speaker 1: Right. But then now, I mean I still would like a little security. If things go tits up and my diamond's a lab grown, I'm gonna be in trouble. Yeah, well, especially if he doesn't tell me it's a lab road.
Speaker 2: Well you, I mean, so I would encourage that. I don't thing that like you susould lie. I never, I've never had it. I think I had a guy once make a joke like I'm gonna tell her to mind, and I think I was like, don't do that, Scott, don't start dowt to your future wife.
Speaker 1: Also we will find out also and then every time araised, we'll also be getting divorced.
Speaker 2: Yes, the appraisal to divorce pipeline is a thing. When you do that. Yeah, I just I if you want, if you want it for value, then obviously your only option is mind. If you just want mind, because that's just like what you grew up around, and it's just like what you like, and you like it, do mind. There are a lot of tips and tricks to aid and not spending an arm and a leg on a mine diamond, and that's one of my favorite conversations to have. Depending upon the diamond cut, there are certain seas that you should invest in verse not because you won't see your investment. So like, if you're looking for a mind diamond and you want to bounce some ideas and try to make it work for a budget range, and you have like a carrot, what you want to hit? Holler? Yeah, So that's like I love that conversation. And if you don't care and you just want the look and you don't need it to hold value, you lab you know. So I just think that it's there's something for everyone and don't judge yourself for wanting something. I don't judge myself for eating ice cream for dinner. I had cake for dinner last night.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: And so you know, just like I'm not gonna I was gonna say, I'm not gonna tell anyone as I like.
Speaker 1: Look, tell everyone anyway, hot dog to my hot dog. Okay, you have been amazing. Tell everyone where they can follow you and find you, please. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So my Instagram is Leonora Fine Jewelry. It's my last name. L A. N o r E. Fine Jewelry website Lunarfinjewelry dot com. Yeah, I'm always online.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick before you go, we want to do what you're wearing. Ah, let's let's look at all the pieces you brought with you today. Mama. Oh, I love that New York pandit.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do a diamond one. Oh, and we're gonna wear it.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna to wear it.
Speaker 2: I'm really understated, so so she's barely wearing anything. Yeah, I want to. My goal is always to walk into the ocean and sink to the bottom of it because I'm wearing so.
Speaker 1: Much gold, and to look like a shark lure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want like, I got some like I want to have my cousin Bidian, So I have ten carrots, had a snuckles on. Okay, I have two charm necklaces with these like fun little diamond and colored stone beads you can just add to any chain. Cutie, I've got a cutie.
Speaker 1: Where's the knife? You didn't bring the knife?
Speaker 2: I know it's because it got stuck in my hair. Oh yeah, I have a really fun I know, I'll just have to send you the website for it. But like, yeah, sometimes just know that when you sleep in a lot of necklaces.
Speaker 1: Oh you sleep in those?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's drama. I was actually in yoga this morning in them.
Speaker 1: We need to go to yoga. Okay, sorry, keep going.
Speaker 2: In this year, I have a three carrot pair stud Oh my god, have you seen her? No?
Speaker 1: Oh? And then I made a grill okay, gorge little diamond grill.
Speaker 2: And then these are all my rings. This pinky ring has a fun story. I feel like jewelry is so representative of like something celebratory or otherwise, and your ring exciting things. And so something really exciting happened in my life. I made myself this diamond encrusted ring with an emerald in the center, and then I engraved Taylor Forever on the inside of it. So I'm always encouraging my clients when they make something for themselves, Like when women come to me or a guy wants mix thing for his partner, I'm like, let's engrave something fun. Yeah, memory like what this is on behalf of Yeah, that's my tailor Forever ring. More diamond rings. We got some bracelets, I mean, like, girl, oh huh, I just got these ear cups in from production. Can you see them?
Speaker 1: No, because you're showing the camera. You're not showing me. Show me.
Speaker 2: No, I want to show the camera, Okay, but show me.
Speaker 1: You screw Oh my god, this fatty. We don't need to have piercings, right, No?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I need no, yeah no, yeah no, yeah wait I need that.
Speaker 1: Yeah because I only I can't do. I got my ear pierced twice when I was in Florida having a mental breakdown, and it hurts so bad. I was just like, never mind, I can't. I can't have physical pain on top of meant that mental anguish when opens and yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: The eating happens, the eating.
Speaker 1: There goes the chair, there goes that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'll have you try these thing a bunch of your cups.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, well I'm obsessed. Everyone go follow Taylor and if you need any diamonds or any jewelry, please hit her up because working with her is such a joy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming, Yes, thanks for having me.