Speaker 1: Now let's cool around the sports KTD twins as.
Speaker 2: All the sports.
Speaker 3: Yea I do. Jason Kidd was on d l LS yesterday, went to their podcast studio set down for an hour. The Dills said many things, talked about the Luca trade and all that did say it's time for mass fans to move on. He did say they're interested in that kid that used to play for Duke and probably didn't want to say Cooper Flag out loud and probably trouble find or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's actually three Duke guys that are going to go in the lottery.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I was like, I hope they're I hope they're on the right one. There's a couple other guys there. That other guy's basically just Mike dune Levy Junior. Was there anything that he said that was a big takeaway for you? I mean, I think like what I've seen a lot of Twitter reaction to is something we were talking about last week, and that there's a lot that could happen with free agency and you know the moves they make. But you know, I was saying last week, I was very convinced that Cooper Flag was going to be a two guard and I was not saying that because anybody had told me that. I was saying that based on how I've seen Jason Kidd coach, and again, something could happen with this roster. And there is one buddy of mine that's pretty tied end that was like, dude, they're gonna go get a point guard. And I do think they're gonna go get a point guard, but I think it might be like I don't think it's gonna be a big splash point guard. I think it's gonna be a stem the tide point guard until Kyrie comes back. And just looking at the roster, I felt like it was likely they would want to keep PJ. Washington junior, and I was like, the way Jason Kidd plays Cooper Flag can play a two in this lineup. And that's basically what he was telling the DLLs guys is we're gonna play him at the two.
Speaker 1: That is so freaking exciting, Yeah, because that means you have a dominant shot blocker at the two guard position, and you have you know, phenomenal defenders at two, three, four, and five.
Speaker 2: It's there's gonna be And I've seen people say this and I think it's fair there's gonna be a lot of pressure on Cooper Flag to be a good shooter out the but Jay Kid was saying, we think he's a good enough shooter yesterday, and you know we're sitting here in May. A lot of things could happen, and I would it was a very different roster. And I also think Jason Kidd was kind of sending a message to the front office when he told everybody that O Max and Derek Lively the second we're gonna start as rookies. It was a different roster back then. I think he was kind of saying, hey, we got to change our roster. I don't think he was like, oh, yeah, these guys are gonna but this is different. I think most people that are NBA talent evaluators think Cooper Flag can start for an NBA team on day one.
Speaker 1: Man, For as much time as I was spending lamenting the Luca trade and being miserable and just my thoughts going there every day, I spend an equal amount of time being excited about Cooper Flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what I was thinking about too, Ben is you know, for a while, no matter where I went, multiple b would come up and go man, the Luca thing, what happened? And you know, they just want to talk about it. Man. I'm getting a lot of people coming up and they're not saying how good is Cooper Flag? They're just going, can you believe we got the number one? Like, just the absurdity of it all, people want to talk about it. And I think, you know, college basketball is so different than it was. I think people watched it with way more frequency fifteen years ago than they do now. But I think even your average sports fan knows that Cooper Flag's a big deal, even if they haven't paid attention to him. Did he say anything else that stood out? Talking about him? Defensively? He was talking about the idea of PJ. Washington Junior. To me, if it was a kid in charge of things, they would keep PJ. Washington Junior, just the way that Jay Kid was talking about him, the versatility of stuff, and then also talking about you know how quickly Kai can get back. Did you see the report Kai was rejuvenated by the Cooper Flag. No, I mean they know the guy can play. Yeah, he's cool, He's respected already. H Naji Marshall was on what is It Old Man? In the three podcast and he was talking about how it hurt his soul because Luca was his guy. But he was like, man, Cooper Flag's a dog like me. Like he said that paraphrase, He basically said, that guy's a dog like I am. That's so rare for established veterans to feel that way. He's eighteen about a guy who's barely you know, old enough to even be in the league. And even the guys that weren't Avail, you know, a part of Team USA last September. That clip was crazy viral. It was everywhere of Cooper Flag balling out against all those adults. When he was doing that, he was seventeen. Geez, that clip that was going around to him going up, remember when. And then there's another where Anthony Davis blocked a shot and he got it right back and took it right back to the rim like he didn't freak out. He was seventeen when that was happening.
Speaker 3: Another cold ass white boy in the MAVs organizations.
Speaker 2: Ago, Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up now, next, what's going on in Dallas?
Speaker 2: KT brings us a shocking Reddit post that you have to hear. That's next. Don't go anywhere