Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your boss, step Bowen.
Speaker 2: And I'm Samantha Fay.
Speaker 1: You are just so excited and delighted that you have joined us this week for one of the topics that Samantha and I love the most to talk and teach about, and that is cleansing and charging crystals. That's probably the topic that we get the most questions from you folks about as well, so we hope that this episode will really be helpful to you. Samantha, you want to start us off.
Speaker 2: Sure them, So I thought it would be a good idea to give a basic overview of what crystals are and how they work before we get into why you need to cleanse and charge them. So, as we know, chris work because they have either pyroelectric or piezoelectric properties. When pressure is applied to a piezoelectric crystal, an electric current is created, which I think is so cool. This piezoelectric effect means pressure creates an electric field around the crystal. Now, with pyroelectric crystals, they generate a polarizing charge as a result of being heated or cool. An example of a pyroelectric crystal is tormaline. And guess what another example of a pyroelectric crystal is dead what cane sugar?
Speaker 1: Say that again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you heard me, cane sugar crystalline properties.
Speaker 3: Isn't that cool? It is?
Speaker 1: So each type of.
Speaker 2: Crystal has a crystal lattice structure, no matter how big or small the crystal is, so keep that in mind. Size does not matter. Each crystal has a growth access and will repeat the same lattice structure as it grows. Energy flows through this structure, causing the crystal to act like an antennae. Each crystal vibrates at its own particular rate.
Speaker 3: It has its.
Speaker 2: Own frequency, So when we bring a crystal into our own energy field, the crystal helps us synchronize with our vibration. So, for example, if you're feeling really out of whack and anxious and worried, and you bring a lepidolite into your energy the lepidolite is vibrating at a calming, soothing rate. Lapidolite has lithium in it, so that's why it's always recommended for anxiety, and it's going to then help match your crazy, hectic energetic vibrations and calm and soothe them down. Until it matches their chill, peaceful vibrations. We cannot change the frequency vibration of a stone. Crystals will work with us to help create and change the frequent and see vibration of us. They help us adapt our electric magnetic field to its vibration. So if you're working with a high vibration stone, your electric magnetic field increases. When you work with a lower vibrating stone, your electric magnetic field slows and calms down. The structure of a crystal grows in perfect harmony, whereas we tend to bend and sway with the energy of those around us. The belief is that working with crystals helps bring our energy into alignment. So think about this. If a crystal can help a watch keep time or a computer store energy, then possibly the crystal can help us on our own road to healing. Isn't that fascinating?
Speaker 1: It is, and I know it's true. My heart does funky things and beats fleered. I will take a piece of pitolite onto my heart over my breast, and I can feel my heart matching its rhythm and bait to the energy that's submitted from that pital life.
Speaker 2: I know you're saying you know that this is true. But what's so cool is science has proven this is all true. Take for example, you know we've talked before about Marcel Vogel, the IBM scientists who created the vocal crystals. Well, he started studying crystals in the nineteen seventies and when he was studying them under a microscope, he noticed that the crystal patterns took the shape of what he was thinking about, and he hypothesized that this was connected to the vibrations connecting our molecules with the molecules of the crystal. This is how he went on to create his own unique special way to cut a crystal, which is called a vocal crystal, and he has taught people how to cut crystals like this and use them to help direct healing energy. Vocal crystals are really expensive. Do you have one?
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 2: I don't either. I have a vocal style crystal. So you can get vocal crystals that are called vocal style cris because they are cut by someone who is imitating the vocal style. But there are certain people in the world that are certified and trained in the vocal cutting, and those crystals are really really expensive. But the research done on them is amazing. In mind that crystals can receive, hold, direct, project, and reflect light, so it makes sense that they could help us with difficult energies like depression or anxiety, because when we're feeling sad, the light seems far away. If a crystal has been proven to hold and emanate light, and has been witnessed to help us align our energy, then I think it's pretty reasonable to assume they can help us to take in more light and help alleviate any sadness or worry you're feeling.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that's true, Samantha, And and I think about just flowers, for example, We readily accept that different colored flowers or different kinds of plants have different jobs to do from a universal energy perspective, so we can certainly, I think, except the idea that that is true. With all the variations of crystals and stones that there are in the world, they're millions and we still keep discovering new ones. Yes, it's a wonderful thing, isn't it. And you know, Samantha, we get a zillion questions from folks about stones, and we get messages on Facebook with a picture of a rock saying what is this? And sometimes it's very difficult to tell what it is looking at a picture.
Speaker 3: There are some.
Speaker 1: Really good books out there, and we'll be talking about those later in the hour that we recommend that you get. But we do recommend that if you're going to work with stones, you really work from a real reputable book source. The more that you learn about them and the more that you build a personal relationship with your stones, the better. One of the things that I always invite folks to do, even with tumbled stones, just grab into your bowlestones, close your eyes and just by the connection of the vibration between you and that rock, see if you can figure out what you've got in your hand. Because of quartz will feel different than an obsidian energetically.
Speaker 2: One of the things I did to start learning the different stones, I just went on eBay and I would order different pounds, Like I would just google one pound mixed gemstone lot and I would order it. A pound of mixed gemstones usually runs you between seventeen and twenty five dollars. It would come in the mail, I'd cleanse the stones, I'd dump them out on my carpet, and I would get the crystal Bible out and I would just try to identify each one, and if I couldn't from that book, I'd go to Melodies or Cassandra Easton's. If I couldn't from those books, then I would just go online and I would google blue stones and hit images and scroll through until I found a picture that matched what I had. And as I kept doing that over and over, I would learn about each of the stones. But then I would start to notice patterns. So blue ChIL Sidney looks a lot like blue Lay Sagat, but blue Lay Sagit always has those lovely striations of lines going through it, whereas Blue ChIL Sedney doesn't. It normally has a little bit of brown in it, and it has a different milky texture to it. So I just kept getting new and new stones and.
Speaker 3: Learning that way.
Speaker 2: But there's a number of different ways you can learn to identify the stones. And really, sometimes when people come to me after class and they're all free tic, I have this stone, I need to know what it is. I need to know what it is. Obviously I help them identify it, but I always say to them, you don't have to label this stone, you don't have to give it a name, just become its friend. And ask the stone, why is it here for you? Just because we know that watermelon tormaline helps with love and heart and self love issues doesn't mean that's why it's in your life. It might have come to you for a different reason. It might have come with you to help you work on opening up yourself to loving others rather than receiving love. So don't get so caught up in identifying the stones. Get more invested in creating relationships with the stones.
Speaker 1: The more you create a relationship with the stone, it's like your family. You know your relatives, You know the plants you planted in your yard or in pots on your deck. Your rocks are the same way, and they have personalities, they have energy, vibrations, and the more you get to know them, the more I want to say successful, but that's not really the word I'm looking for. The more accurate your work with them will be because they will be doing what they're meant to do in their relationship with you.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, So the point of today's show is to talk primarily about cleansing versus charging your stones. So first let's talk about why do you need to cleanse a stone?
Speaker 1: Dem they get dirty and I don't mean that flippically. I mean it quite seriously. That's one layer and one level of cleansing. Just when you clean your bouse and you dusted and you say, good golly, Helen, the world did this table get covered in this layer of dusts So if you've got a bowl of crystals on that table, they've gotten dusty too. In addition to that, because they absorb energy from the world around them, they need to be cleaned energetically. So keep in mind that cleaning and clearing are two entirely different things, So you need to clean them before you can do anything else with them.
Speaker 3: They need to stay clean.
Speaker 2: Yes, So think about it this way. If, as we said at the start of the show, if stones do not change their energetic vibration, picture them like a sponge that you brought home from the store to clean your counters. Does the sponge clean your counters? Yeah, it does, But what does the sponge look like after it's cleansed your counters? It looks kind of nasty. So you've got to then wash and scrub the sponge. This is what crystals do for us. So yeah, Deb's right. They do get dirty and physically dusty, but they also get energetically funked up as well because they've worked with your funked up energy. So if you bring a crystal into your energy space to specifically work on increasing your joy or helping you remove blockages to abundance or inviting more love. In the way it does that is by absorbing any blockages, any negative energy that you're carrying within you, so it can clean that away, brush it off, and bring your energy up to the alignment of that stone. In that process, that stone takes on what it's absorbed from you, so you have to cleanse it of that so that it can be willing, ready, and able to continue working with you. When you get a stone home from the store, you also have to think about all the people that touched that stone. Rocks are millions of years old, so before it arrives in your home, it has been in other people's homes. It has been in other people's hands, it has been another lands countries, it's been in the mailing system. It's been handled a million different ways throughout the years. So the very first thing you want to do is cleanse the stone before you start working with it. But this is not a one and done because once you bring your stone home and then you properly cleanse it, and then you work with it. You still have to keep cleansing it. It's just like us. We need to bathe every day. Crystals do not need to be cleansed every day. The general rule of thumb is about once a month. Now, if you're working with the stone daily to do something serious, like let's say, for example, you're working on healing your inner child, and you're working with smithsonite, which is my go to for that. Yellow chilcedony is also a great stone for that work. And let's say every day you're working with that stone, maybe you're holding it in meditation as you do cord cutting, or maybe you've placed it in a grid over a picture of yourself as a child, or maybe you're just tucking it under your pillow at night and listening to a guided meditation to heal inner child issues. And you're doing this every day for about a week, then you're going to want to cleanse that stone on a weekly basis. So it depends on how you're using the stone, but the general rule of thumb is once a month.
Speaker 1: I have a necklace that I wear that has a phantom quartz, a moonstone, and hey, metamorphosis quarts on it. Those are my go to protection stones. That are my stones that heighten intuition when I'm doing work. I mean, that necklace is my it has been for many years, my go to combination of rocks when I'm working. And there are times when it feels like that necklace weighs about one hundred pounds around my neck, and when it reaches a point where it feels like I am just going to topple over because those rocks have done all the work.
Speaker 3: That they can do and they need a break.
Speaker 1: I know it's time to take that necklace off and clean it and let it.
Speaker 3: Rest for a bit before I work with it again.
Speaker 1: That's what we mean by really being connected to the energy of the rocks that you're working with. It's because it, believe me, that gets cleaned way more than once in a mole. Whereas the general rule you're talking about is true. But if it's a stone that is really your like the stone that you use, for example, when you're doing meditation work and that sort of thing, you know when that rock needs.
Speaker 3: Cleaning, you just know. And that's the same with me with that neck I.
Speaker 2: Wear a clear quartz necklace every day, and I cleanse that every night because it's clear quartz, and because I wear it every day, so clear quarts its main job is to amplify whatever energy is around it. So if I'm feeling sad or tired, it's going to amplify that. If I'm feeling happy and excited, it's going to amplify that. If you wear a stone every day, I definitely recommend you cleanse it way more than once a month. I just get into the habit because it's clear quartz and it's set in sterling silver. I take it off every night when I'm washing my face and brushing my teeth, and I just run it under the tap water, and I say, I cleanse the stone of any energy. It is a crude being around my neck all day. I ask that Angel surround this charm so that when I wear it, I come to no harm. And then I put it back on my neck and I go to bed. When I sage my house, I also run my crystal necklace through there, and I run the sage smoke over all the crystals in my house. So I do recommend if you're wearing stones every day that you should cleanse them a lot. I don't think you have to do it every day like I do, but more than once a week.
Speaker 1: As we talked a couple of weeks ago, I wear always my Besica Pisce's ring, and it's silber, but it gets clean too. Any kind of jewelry that goes on my body that is there because I need it for my spiritual and intuitive work, it all gets cleaned in that way, not.
Speaker 3: Just my stones.
Speaker 2: Before we talk about specific ways you can cleanse your stones, we're going to take a quick break.
Speaker 1: Hi, folks, it's Deb and I'm here with my friend Zara Renee, and I'm just so excited to share the news of not only a new course, but a whole new metaphysical adventure that we've called the Sacred Summer Series.
Speaker 4: Deb, thank you so much. I'm so pumped to be on this journey with you. It is going to be so much fun.
Speaker 1: It is, isn't it? And you know this is coming about because students have asked me over and over again, how is all of this stuff connected? How do we paint a whole picture not just paint by numbers.
Speaker 4: Well, there's nothing wrong with numbers, dev no.
Speaker 3: No, there's not.
Speaker 1: And I love numerology, as you know, and that's one of the courses that we're going to be offering this summer, along with Animal Spirits and mythology and arch types.
Speaker 3: You know how I love archetypes.
Speaker 4: I know you do, and having taken your courses before, I know that they're not just fun, but they're foundational for metaphysical work.
Speaker 1: That's true. I believe they are, and so folks, it's exactly that this exploration a foundation of metaphysical work that we've teamed up to bring to you with some twist core courses that will be offered in May, June, and July.
Speaker 4: That's right, and Deb and I are offering a free information session about these courses the topics. Registration discounts more information. It's that's happening on Saturday, April eighteenth, So head over to Dev's web site.
Speaker 1: That's devoen dot com.
Speaker 4: And register now for the Sacred Summer Series free information session.
Speaker 3: I am so looking forward to this, folks. We so hope you will join us.
Speaker 4: We'll see yall there.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, there are so many ways you can cleanse a stone, and no one way is better than the other. I want to make that clear.
Speaker 1: So, Samantha, one of the easiest ways to clean a stone is with your breath, because when we're breathing out, we are sending out positive energy. Basically, that is our intention. And so one of the easiest things to do is to hold the stone in your hands, take a deep breath and breathe all them and as you breathe on the stone, you are sending it positive energy and light, and you are inviting it to do what it does. The stone does under its normal circumstances for what it was grown to do. And you can do that just real easily anytime you need to, Particularly if you're wearing a stone, you can kind of pull it off around your neck and just breathe into it and you've cleaned it.
Speaker 2: Another easy and foolproof way to clean your crystals is with rice. It doesn't matter if it's brown rice or white rice or jasmine rice. Any rice will do. Not cooked, not cooked, yes, just get a box or a bag of rice, pour it into a glass bowl. You want to try to use any natural bowl, so pottery or ceramic glass. You don't want to use tupperware, for example. You want to keep the natural elements going and just pour the uncooked rice into a bowl and soak your crystals into that dry rice. The way I think about it is if rice can help us save our iPhones. You know, if you dunk your phone in water, you can put it in a bowl of rice and the rice will absor of the water from that phone. I feel it's the same with crystals. When you put your crystals in a bowl of dried rice, the rice is soaking up and absorbing any negative energy. That crystal has a crude. When you're done, you weave it in there overnight, so about twelve hours, and then when you take your crystal out, it is cleansed. Do not cook with that rice, just give it back to the earth and do not use it.
Speaker 1: You can also, of course, you sage. Just buy a bag of dry sage and again put it in a bowl, a natural bowl, and put your crystals. Nestle them down in the sage and put some sage on top of them, and do the same thing. Let them soak, but not in water, but soak absorbing the energy of the sage overnight, and then do the same thing with the sage. You can sprinkle it back onto the earth or you can take it outside it and burn it if you'd like to do that, but sage works very well.
Speaker 3: Also.
Speaker 1: Probably the question we get asked the most about cleaning crystals is why using salt water often? In fact, I responded to a Facebook question about this the other day when I said, well, don't watch the its in water, and the person didn't know what I meant by ikes, and I realized that that was a lot of information on Facebook. So ites are those stones where the last part of the name of the stone is it so Angelite, celestite, selenite, az a right, exactly this heights.
Speaker 2: No rule with salt water is any stone that has a hardness level under seven should not be placed in salt water or any water. Melodies books have listed all the properties of every stone, including their hardness level, but you can also just google it as well. What hardness level does you know as a right have and it'll pop up for you. So if it's under seven, do not put it in water. But if it's harder than that, so for example, Absorrian, amethyst, Carnelian, those stones work very well washed in water. I use plane old tap water, Samantha plane tap water, and I use plain old table salt. Sometimes I use sea salt if I have it, which I do these days usually, But it doesn't have to be all that fancy stuff. And I just want you mention that because so many crystal teachers will say, you have to use sea salt, you have to use Himalayan salt. No, you have to use distilled water, you have to use spring water.
Speaker 1: Don't get you in all the rules. I have to tell you something, you know. Remember I've been doing this for more than forty years. You know, sometimes simple is really best. Folks have been working with stones all a lot longer than my forty years and have used exactly what I just suggested, plain old water and plain old salt and let them soak overnight. It's much more about the energetic connection and intention than anything else from my perspective.
Speaker 2: From mine too. Now, if you really really love cleansing your stones in salt water, there is an indirect method you can use. You can fill a bowl with salt water and then put a smaller empty bowl inside that water so that it's kind of like floating on top, and then you can put your crystals in that empty bowl. And that's called the indirect method of cleansing them. So if you have a selenite or a celestite and you just really want to cleanse it in salt water, that's a way you can do it. Another way I love to cleanse my stones is just with the earth, where I just dunk them in soil. So if you have a little rg garden or a window box or a planter, you can just pop your stone into the earth and allow it to be back in its natural home overnight.
Speaker 1: I think that's a lovely thing to do, particularly with stones that have worked really hard and are earth stones. So greenstones for example, and brown stones particularly really like to be putting a flower pot, for example, overnight. I mean that makes them really happy.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 2: Although I know I've told this story before, but I'm going to tell it again for a new listeners. Is the first time I tried this. I have window boxes on several of my windows, and I thought, well, how nice, because I was afraid of just you know, popping them in the earth of my yard and then forgetting where I put them. So I thought I was gonna put them in my window boxes. So I had mainly clear courts that I was collecting at that time, so I put all my clear courts half in and half out of my window boxes. And I look up in the morning and I'm just making my tea and going about my day, and I see smoke billowing past the windows, and I'm like, holy cow, my house is on fire. I go running outside. All those window boxes were on fire, because you know, with the window boxes you have like that straw base, right, and then the soil and the light hit the clear courts and boom. I had a little fire. The stones were fine, my flowers not so much. So just be careful if you put clear courts out. It would recommend you bury them in the earth, leave them so that they reflect and end up setting fire. But that's a good thing to know.
Speaker 1: If you're out in the quids and you're camping and you don't have any matches, that's the way you can start it.
Speaker 3: Five if you beat it. I get this is true.
Speaker 2: Bound is also a really easy way to cleanse your stones. And this is great for those of us who are crystal hoarders, and we have crystals in every room dead. We get this question a lot because every full moon we'll always post something like, don't forget to put your crystals out, and then we'll get a question going. I have one hundred and seventy five crystals. I cannot take them all out in the moonlight. And I get that, and we're going to talk about that after the break. But if you do have crystals in every room, in the thought of cleansing them individually every single month, just exhaust you. Simply get a bell, a tibetan singing bowl, a crystal bowl, any sound. Clap your hands and go throughout the room, directing the sound over all of your crystals, and set the intention that the sound, the energy of that vibration of sound going through the air will cleanse that crystal and all of those crystals in your home.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind that just clapping your hands raises the vibration in a room.
Speaker 3: Don't forget that.
Speaker 2: Think about when you're in an audience and you've got the producer who comes on before the show and gets everybody amped up and excited and clapping. Why do you think they want us all to clap before a production, a play, a comedian, a talk show. It's because clapping gets the energy up, and it gets us happier and ready to receive the performance. We're about to see. So clapping has a long history of lifting and raising vibrations. You can also just get feathers now. If you're like me, you might collect feathers. I know that's kind of a weird thing to do, but I think you do it too.
Speaker 1: Deb I can't even tell you. I probably I have almost as bath fathers as I do crystals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I find a feather on my walk, I pick it up, I take it home. I put it in the freezer, and I also put it in boorax to kind of get any germs off of it. But then I keep the feathers. Or you can purchase feathers, I suppose too, And you can just put crystals in a little bowl of feathers, and that is said to help them cleanse as well.
Speaker 1: The other thing you can do is that if you can run your stones through incense, not just sage but any kind of incense really. But one thing you can do is waft the incense smoke over your stones using a feather. So there are ways to work in combination with some of their.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great suggestion, And you can use the sage smoke if you don't want to use up all your dried sage in a bowl. You can just burn the sage and use the feather to brush the sage smoke over all of your crystals. The crystal clear spray that I make on my website, I use that to cleanse my crystals all the time. If I'm just kind of lazy or tired that month, I'll just go around my house and sprits on there because it's got all cleansing properties in there. It's got the sage, the frankincense, the lavender, and a little dash of sea salt. So you can just sprints those on your stones as well. And you can always make your own too. So there are so many ways to cleanse a crystal. These are just some of them. And know that no one way is better than the other. The only thing you want to be careful about is water, because those stones with the hardness under seven, they are just a little bit gentler and shyer than the other stones, and they need a little bit more caution. All right, So let's talk about how to charge your stones when we come back from our little break. Hey, guys, in April, I'm teaching the be your Own Psychic class that will start Wednesdays in April on April eighth, from seven to eight thirty pm Eastern. In this jam packed interactive course, you'll learn how to work with your chakras to awaken and strengthen your intuition. You're partnered up with someone new from class each week to practice all of the exercises in the course. Some of the topics covered include working with guys and angels, how to start doing readings, finding your community, working with your clayers, and using psychic tools. The four week class includes lots of handouts, three guided MP three meditations, and class recordings. Just go to Samantha Fay dot com and click the Upcoming events tab. Hope to see you there. Okay, so let's talk about charging crystals. So, deb when you've already cleansed the stones, they're ready to work with you.
Speaker 1: What do you do then, Well, then you need to have a relationship built with the stone that connects the two of you energetically. Stones do what they do, they have jobs to do, and there's nothing really that you can do about that. You know, a long time ago, Samantha, you and I did a podcast episode entitle There's a Rock for That, and we talked for an hour about how stones do certain things. Some stones are used for healing, and some stones are used to enhance your psychic ability, and some stones are repel negativity, and they do all these different things. And it almost sounded like at the end of that episode that if you just went and got a rock, all this stuff was going to happen, because that's what the rock naturally does. And sometime later we did a podcast episode entitled There's not a rock for That, And that's because and we did that episode because while it's true the stones do what they do, but to coordinate your energetic field with theirs so that the stone does what it does naturally in conjunction with you, and your intention is something that you have to take responsibility for. You want to clean the stones, and then you want to charge them in the sense that you ask the stone to work with you.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of.
Speaker 1: Times back in a long time ago, when folks were just starting to work with crystals, we would often hear folks say, well, I'm programming my crystal to do so and so, and that word just doesn't sit well with me because the stone already does what it does, but will it work with you?
Speaker 3: And that's where you match your energy with the stones.
Speaker 1: So you ask, you don't program, you ask the stone to work with you in a particular way. Here's an example. I have a beautiful amethysts geode, and amethyst is a natural healing stone.
Speaker 3: That's one of its jobs.
Speaker 1: But I have asked that particular geode to be the stone that works with me with my prayer list. I think I got seventeen names of people in dire physical crisis right now. That list sits with that amethyst geode right this minute, and that stone said, absolutely, I will do why now naturally do and try to be helpful. So that's what I mean by charging the stone, and the way that we charge stones can be as simple as sitting in meditation with the stone and holding it in our hands and asking that stone to do what it naturally does. Another example is mahogany obsidian works very well in protecting us against storms. And I have a palm size piece of mahogany obsidian and two smaller tumbled pieces that during hurricane season or an altar specifically for hurricanes, And as the season started in June, I pulled them b out of the bowl, I cleaned them, and I charged them by holding them and asking them to once again do their job for me and my little island, and that's what they're so far doing. But there are a lot of other ways to charge stone, so.
Speaker 2: Each stone has its job to do. In general, you can look to the color of the stone to help guide you with that. This is why knowing the chakras is helpful in everything, but especially with crystals. So for example, any red stone is going to help with passion, energy, drive, ambition, focus, root chakra stuff. Any orange stone is going to help with creativity, sexuality, fertility, body image, sacral chakra stuff. Yellow stones help with will, confidence, self esteem, joy abundance, Solar plexus green stones help with growth, abundance, love healing. Pink helps with love, forgiveness, self love, romance, so heart chakra things. Light bluestones are great for communication, peace, truth, angelic connections. Throat chakra dark bluestones help with intuition, wisdom, surrender, trust, third eye chakra. Purple stones help with spirituality, dreamwork, connecting to the higher sell from the divine crown chakra work. Brown stones are great for grounding, protection, stabilizing think earth chakra. Black stones are great for grounding and protection as well, but also shielding and absorbing negativity. White stones are wonderful for nurturing, calming, instilling peace, lifting vibration, and purifying the energy. Let's say, for example, you're walking through the mall and someone's following you and harassing you and kind of scaring you. If you go up to a salesperson aka a Rose Courts and you ask that salesperson, hey, this person keeps following me and talking to me and kind of bothering me. I'm a little nervous. Can you help me? The rose course is going to be like no, but I can help you find this item you're just going to fall in love with. But if you go up to the security guard aka the hematite and say, hey, this person's following me and kind of creeping me out, can you help me, that heematite security guard is going to be like, heck, yeah, stand behind me.
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 2: When you're working with a stone, you can't ask it to do something it can can't do. So I wouldn't go to a Rose Courts for protection, and I wouldn't go to a Haematite for love. Make sure you know the general energetic vibration of a stone before you ask it to work with you. Once you know that, then you can sit with the stone. You can ask the stone, why did you come into my life? What is our work here together? If you have acquired a stone for a specific purpose, like helping you create more abundance, so let's say you've gone to a citrine or a pyrite, you can ask that stone, Hey, I've been having some money issues and money worries. Every time money comes to me, it seems to flow right back out of my wallet. I ask that you help me recognize any patterns I have in my life that are blocking my ability to create permanent abundance, and I ask that you help me recognize opportunities for creating more financial abundance in my life. Let's talk about moon's energy versus the Sun's energy. This is a question we get a lot. Do I cleanse my stone in the sun or the moon? Do I charge my stone in the sun or the moon. You will read different answers to those questions on different websites and different books. If I want to charge a crystal with the energy that I'm asking it to help me with, I will sit out in the sunlight on a sunny day, and I will ask that stone to work with me for the intention that I have set, and then I will set that stone out in the sun for a few hours to soak in that energy of the sun and charge it up with all that healing vibration.
Speaker 1: So let me talk about how I see it. A lot of stones are really wonderfully charged in sunlight, but moonlight also charges stones. And particularly remember that it's from moonlight that we are connected to our intuitive selves, and so stones that particularly with our intuitive abilities, stones that have healing properties, I charge them in moonlight, and I literally envision that beam of light coming from the moon comes into those stones and does a reset basically on the stone's ability to do its job. So I do use moonlight and moon water. Sometimes I will also take water outside in the moonlight and let that water be imbued with the energy of the moon, and will also sometimes wash my stones with that. Now that said, another question that we get all the time is, as you mentioned earlier, Oh Gagali, I have one hundred and seventy five crystals.
Speaker 3: Do I need to put them all out in the moonlight?
Speaker 1: Well, probably not every month, but every once in a while for me personally, the answer to that question is yes. There are several times during the year where everybody gets physically clean and then they get laid out in the moonlight. That may mean outside, or I have a screened in porch, so sometimes I do that. But also sometimes just in a window sill. What happens if it rains, the moon is still up there, the moon is still shining. The energy of the moonlight comes through the clouds even if you can't see them, So sometimes just on a table in front of the window sill. But I do that several times a year. And one of the things that helps me with is that I think sometimes I get stagnant with the energy of stones because this stone has always been in this place, or it's been in this particular place for a long time, and the energy needs to shift and be moved around in my home, particularly if I'm setting new intentions for something. So sometimes I like to get everybody cleaned, everybody charged, and then I move folks around so that they get to know each other and work together in a different way, and I've set and asked for new intentions to be met. Conversely, there are also stones in my house that do exactly what they have done since the day I've cleaned them and charged them and brought them home initially. For example, I have a clear quartz cluster that has been on the floor next to my front door since the mid nineteen seventies. That has always been the stone by my front door door. I have a piece of fuse shite that is on the railing on my porch that has made it through three hurricanes and never moved except for when I pick it up and clean it.
Speaker 3: It's still what to ask it to do.
Speaker 1: Then, That's what I mean by having that relationship with your stones is knowing that folks that need perhaps to be moved around are willing to do a different job or work in another constellation. That's what happens when we create a grid. And that's a whole other conversation I would imagine.
Speaker 3: But is it.
Speaker 1: We're asking stones to work together to do something. So sometimes you want to charge them and move them, and then other times you want to charge stuff and put them back to do what they've been doing.
Speaker 3: Gee for some time.
Speaker 1: Again, it's that individual relationship with your stones.
Speaker 2: Well, I agree with those people who email us or facebook us and say I have too many crystals to put out in the moonlight. I totally get that I have we too many crystals. It's embarrassing. They're lining all my windowsills, They're over my windows, They're in bowls in every room. They're strategically placed everywhere I rotate. And what I do is I just invested in a bunch of treys at Home Goods. I get all my trays out and I put all my crystals on those trays and I bring them out onto my deck. Now we live by the beach, and so very very very often during a full moon, it is raining and I don't have a screen, so I don't put them out obviously in the rain. But what I will do when it rains on a full moon is I will put out a bowl and I'll just collect the moonwater and then i'll leave it out in the morning sun as well, and then I'll pour that into a spray bottle. I'll add some essential oil of sage and frankincense, and then I'll just sprit those stones with that moonwater. So that's something else you can do if you're just not feeling up to putting all your crystals on trees and bringing them out. But it doesn't have to just be a full moon. One of the things I have in my crystal course is a whole section on how to charge and cleanse your stones with the different phases of the moon. So let's say, for example, you're looking for a job and you really want to grow a new job that you're working on, or a new project you're working on at your job. Well, a great stone for that would be garnet or green aventurine or massa get And so you could take that stone and put it out under the waxing moon, and when you go out in the morning under the sunlight, you can sit with that stone and say, I ask that you help me with this new job I'm applying for, or to grow the success of this new project I'm working on. Or let's say you're working on letting something go. Maybe you've just gone through a really hard breakup, or you're leaving a job, or you're working on getting rid of a bad habit. Let's say you're starting a diet. Well, appetite is actually a really good stone for losing weight, as is eihlight. And so you could take either of those stones and put it out under a waning moon, which is when we let go of things, leave it out there, and then in the morning sit with that stone and say, please help me on my fitness and healthy diet goals. So you can work with the phases of the moon. Or again, if you're starting something brand new, you let's say you're like, okay, starting September first, I am going to start that writing project I have been thinking about for months. Soda light is a great stone for writers. So you could put a soda light out under the new moon, and then again in the morning, sit with that soda light and say, you are going to be my muse, and I ask that you work with me with my writing project and help bring it to fruition. And then keep that stone, either wear it as a bracelet or a necklace, or just keep it in your pocket when you're writing. So think about the phases of the moon as you're working with crystals as well.
Speaker 1: That's important. And again it's about really having clarity of your intent to work with what the stone naturally does. We've alluded a couple of times to the books that are our go to books. Let me say them for you and that might be helpful to you. My go to primary book is Love Is in the Earth by Melody, expensive, but it's huge and it's a gigantic encyclopedia, and I learn something new and see a new stone every single time I open that book. So Love Is in the Earth by Melody. I know Samantha really loves The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall. And then we both love Cassandra Esen's work and she has several great books that we recommend.
Speaker 3: I really like her.
Speaker 1: Healing with Crystals is my favorite of hers, but she has several others. So Cassandra Eason, Melody and Judy Hall are our three go to gals.
Speaker 2: Now, there are some crystals that people say never need to be cleansed, like catrine, cornelian as as two light, and kyanite. They're said to be self cleansing stones. My kyanite blade, I've had it for years and I work with it every day when I do a chakra cleansing, a chakra balancing, when I meditate, when I sleep at night, I always have that kyanite blade with me because it helps to and balance and align your chakras. I know it doesn't need to be cleansed, but I still do. I still sage it because I feel like it's such a hard work in little stone. But I just wanted to mention those are some stones that are said that they don't need to be cleansed, and their job is to clean other stones around it. That's why I always say to keep, for example, a tumbled Carnelian in your bowl of stones. So again, just kind of go by how you feel when you're holding that stone. If you feel has taken on a lot of energy, even if it is said to not needing a cleansing, I think it's a good idea to just give it a little bit of extra love and attention.
Speaker 1: And I guess I can't stress enough the need to really research and learn. But in addition to that finding your own relationship with the stone, and that really does require time. It requires practice, It requires testing to see what happens. Here's a say, and sometimes you're not sure, but apophylyte, for example, is known to prevent kitchen fires. That's one of the things that I believe Melody says it does. So there's a piece of a patholyte on my kitchen stove. Well, so far, so good.
Speaker 3: Seems to work. I'm very grateful.
Speaker 1: Whether or not it does. I don't really know, other than to say I'm got to saying it's so far, so good.
Speaker 2: Well, Apopolytes grow in a natural pyramid shape, so they're also said to lift the energy in any room it's placed in. So it's a great idea to have an apophylyte pyramid in any room, not just the kitchen. It's such a high vibration stone.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: The other question we get a lot is where do I start? What stone do I get? Usually I would say start with Clear Courts, because you can do anything with the Clear Courts. Rose Chords vibrates to love or moss Agate vibrates to growing and healing and health. Clear Courts doesn't have that. It's a clear slate, so you can ask Clear Courts to work with you on anything you ask it to work with you on. Another great place to start, I think, is to just get a stone that represents each of the seven chakras. If you just have seven stones that represent the seven chakras, you can use it to work with your chakra meditation, and then you can use the individual stones in a chakra bag to work with individual items. So for Jasper, you can use it for grounding or protection and Carnelian to cleanse the other stones and to act as a cheerleader for yourself in anything you're going through, or to help with sexuality issues, body image issues, or creative projects. Citrine is great for confidence and stilling joy and creating abundance. Green aventurine is great for love and romance, health healing. Angelite is wonderful for working with your angels, for connecting with throat chakra issues, instilling peace, learning to communicate more authentically accurately. Sodo light is wonderful for third eye stuff, opening your intuition, trusting your intuition, and working on endurance, enduring through the goals that you're setting for yourself. An amethyst is called the all healer. It's great for connecting to the divine within you and around you, and to your higher self. So if you have a chakra bag of those seven stones, you're going to have a great foundation for learning how to meditate with stones, working with them for individual goals, and also you can use chakra stones for a reading. So for example, let's say you're like, Okay, I have a question and the cards aren't really giving me a very specific answer. You can use a bag of stones and do a reading with them. Sometimes I recommend, if you do have a bag of chakra stones, that you add a black stone and a white stone, so like a snowy cortz or a black obsidian or hemid tight and then you can use those for yes no answers, and then the other stones you can use for your own intuitive interpretation. So let's say, for example, you are really not enjoying your job right now and you're thinking about leaving. You could just shake the bag and ask should I leave this job, and then just reach in and pull three stones and see. For example, if you do past, present, future, and Carnelian comes up in the past, soda light comes up in the present, and let's say green aventurine comes up in the future, Well, the Carnelian in the past could mean that in the past you really loved this job and you had a lot of passion and enthusiasm for it. Right now you kind of just have to endure it and stick with it. But the green Adventurian is showing new growth coming and so to me that would represent maybe it's time to start sending your resume out. So there's a lot of fun things you can do with crystals besides just placing them in your home or meditating with them. You can use them to work with your intuition as well.
Speaker 1: I hope that folks really will take a lot of what we've said today to heart and try working with some of the ideas that we've shared with you. I feel like we've given you a lot, so I hope we have an overwhelmed folks. One of the questions I know that we're going to get from this podcast episode is where's a reputable place to buy crystals? Samanthay, you want to make suggestions for folks what to look for in a reputable store.
Speaker 2: Sure, so, you definitely want to look at customer reviews. You want to look at the crystals and how they're described. If they're described as A grade or B grade, that's going to let you know they know a little bit more about the stones that they're talking about.
Speaker 3: You do want to strive for.
Speaker 2: An A grade or triple A grade stone. You want to look at the about section, so see do they know a lot about these stones or are they just selling any crystal out there. You want to look at their reputation online, look at the pictures, compare it to other pictures of crystals and see if they look like good quality stones. The first time you buy from a crystal store online, buy something inexpensive like under twenty dollars and get it home and see how is it packaged, what does the stone look like? Does it feel good? There are a lot of great places you can look for stones online. My personal favorite is Exquisite Crystals. They're exquisitely expensive, but not always and you know what you're getting is really really great stuff. Pointsolight dot Net is also pretty expensive, but again very high quality stones. Healing Crystals has some great stones on their website. They also have a wonderful newsletter and a lot of fun facts and information on their website. Those are just three. There are so many others out there, but just look around, check out reviews. I think it's best before you know a lot about crystal to get crystals in person. So if you have a metaphysical store in your town, if you have a crystal store in your town, obviously that's even better. But just kind of look around, get a feel for the place, the energy, the tone of the place that you're buying from, and see if it vibrates with you. Also keep in mind that crystals will find you. It's amazing how that will happen. People will just suddenly give you a stone, or you'll just suddenly be drawn to a stone and not even know why. So know that crystals. Just as much as you're looking for crystals or trying to choose one, very often a crystal will choose you. And be open to that and allow yourself to be guided to the stone that is choosing you.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely true. I should tell a story real quickly. I had gone to England. I was in a crystal store in Glastonbury and there was Lara Moore and I'd never seen it before, and I wanted to dive into it.
Speaker 3: I want it, to drink it. I wanted to cope.
Speaker 1: It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. To this day, I don't think I've ever felt the way I felt about that stone. It was just an amazing connection. And so I emailed Joe, emailed him and I said, what is this rock? Why am I in love? So he sent me back information about it, and of course I realized why I loved it so much, and found it really amusing that I had to go all the way to England to find a stone that was a waterstone connected to the Dominican Republic but whatever. But it was ghastly expensive and I didn't buy it. And I came home and I told Samantha about it, and she said, oh, I know where there's a Larimer pendant. I saw it last week in this store in town. And this is a store that was opened on Sunday afternoons at one o'clock. I was at the door waiting for them to unlock the door. Then I went in and bought the necklace at Samantha had told me about. And it's one of my most wonderful possessions.
Speaker 3: So I knew.
Speaker 1: That the stone Laramar was meant for me, but I didn't know until I got home and Samantha that told me the particular setting it was in and how I got it.
Speaker 3: And so here we are, me and my Laramar. We'red buddies.
Speaker 2: I love that. Well we are at a time. I hope that you guys have enjoyed this show. Have a great week. Everyone be the light for yourself and others thanke care everyone. Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, Light Workers, mystics and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and deb Bowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.