Speaker 1: Five o five at fifty five KRC, the talk station. Happy Monday is the Happy Monday say, we're looking at it?
Speaker 2: Well, what the hell?
Speaker 1: Appropriately times sound by Joe derekor Executi, producer of the five KRC Morning Show. Dude, what the hell? And of course I think everybody familiar with the incident that happened over the weekend knows exactly what I'm talking about. Anyway, Happy Monday too. You trying to make it happy anyway in spite of the reality is what we're dealing with here five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk pound five fifty on at and T phones. I'm hoping to hear from some folks this morning. Get the reaction to the violence downtown Cincinnati just amazing and horrific. It's just like animal like behavior. That's the only way I can really conclude. And you know, sum it up. I mean, there's a million words you can use to try to sum it up, but just stand in awe and disbelief that people could act that way anyhow. Coming up with the fifty five Hereessedy Morning Show to talk about the violent weekend in downtown Cincinni Ken Cober FOP President at seven oh five, followed by yes, Christopher's Smithman. Gee, what do you think Christopher's smithman is going to talk about in the smith event money money with Brian James Fed's meeting. Will there be a rate change? I saw some people are projecting maybe a rate increase. We'll see what Brian James has to say about that. I do not expect to drop in the interest rate. Though, tariff deal with European Union. Congratulation Donald Trump of the team for well working things out with the European Union, fifteen percent tariff on European imports and the promise of six hundred billion dollars in investment in the United States along with some arms sales. We'll talk about that. We'll talk about the ongoing talks with China which are kicking in hopefully we'll get some resolution on tariffs with China as well. And corporate earnings are coming out this week. How's the market going to react to that? And welcome back Rabbi Ari Jun He'll be in studio at eight thirty to talk about the Robling Bridge protests. He's a little upset that the well the shutdown of the bridge and the police response is shut down of the bridge took away from what the actual protest was about. And Rabbi Ari Jun always welcome to get his thoughts in comments here in the fifty five Cassi Morning Show. He's a pretty decent guy. I'm not sure I agree with his conclusions on that, but we'll find out together at eight thirty on it. Anyhow, three five Caresey dot com get your iHeartMedia so you can stream the audio wherever you happen to be get the podcast. Learn about the trades, a really really enthusiastic conversation with the Northern Kentucky Trade Union and how many jobs are available out there for young people or people in their middle ages who've got lost their job to maybe artificial intelligence. Multitude of jobs in the trade you can earn while you learn Peyton's lemonade stand. I'm looking forward to finding out how that went over the weekend. What a wonderful charity that is Heart for Seniors, speaking about wonderful charities. Oh just love Patty from Heart for Seniors doing great work and bringing the technology that they have brought to so many nursing facilities and memory care facilities into your home. Yes, you got to listen to that podcast, just so enthusiastic. And if you're looking for a bright spot in the world amid all the chaos and the depressing news, we've gone out there right there, that podcast alone might make you feel a little bit uplifted. And my conversation with Senator John Houston right there fifty five care Sea dot com. All right, yeah, let's pivot over to the local stories dominating actually national news. Now, this is not something the city of Cincinnati wants to make it on the map for it, but there it is. Go to Foxnews dot com, Go to New York Post, go to this. It's all over, of course, the viral video and it's actually, you know, it's interesting, and it kind of is troubling to me. You can't unring the internet bell. Once it's out there and it's been posted, it's there forever in some place, way, shape or form. But the Facebook and several other sites I suppose have since embedded or prevented the sharing of the video of the fight. Why isn't this something we all should see and appreciate, for the horror and the well de evolution of mankind that it actually is so we can talk about it, maybe spread the word and maybe all collectively together step back and say we need to stop this immediately. Of course, these people need to be held accountable for the absolute horrific violence. I mean, some may argue it was attempted murder. You got a guy laying on the ground and people who had Really it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the original verbal altercation that they keeps suggesting starting all this all. No, it had nothing to do with the music festival. No, but it was the festival that brought ninety thousand people to downtown Cincinnati, congregating in a tight space that may have led to the verbal altercation. Do we stop doing music festivals? Or or will you stop going to events that draw large groups of people in downtown Cincinnati? Is this event? Have you watched the video? Does it change your perception of downtown CINCINNTI? Does it make you want to go downtown? And have you reached a conclusion that you know, you used to go downtown and used to really enjoy it, but now you're like, you know what, it's not worth it. Why take the chance? I go someplace else It's easier to park someplace else. It's easier to stay out in the suburbs. The experts, it's easier to eat. It's easier. You know, there's a multitude of reasons why, beyond the potential for violence, that you might choose to go someplace else for your entertainment and or dining enjoyment. I mean, the city of Cincinnati's in competition with the entire tri state area when it comes to within driving distance, and there are multitudes of opportunities within downtown since at driving distance. But so you get into a fight. Fights happened all the time. We read about it quite often, quite often in the stack of stupid There'll be two people du can get out. Maybe a couple of family members get involved because they're right there, but strangers, and it looks and it appears to be random people joining in the beat down, running from the sidelines and kicking this poor guy who's already on the ground. To the extent there was a fight between two people, the white guy in the white T shirt lost to the extent he represented a threat to anyone. He no longer represented a threat he was on the ground, and yet the people continue to pour over and kick him and punch him, step on him, kick him in the head. And then, if you think things can't get any worse, some random dudes, seemingly out of nowhere, just hauls off and punches a seemingly innocent woman, certainly not representing any threat to society or anybody there in the crowd. Punches are square in the face and knocks her out, lay on their on the ground, completely knocked out and bleeding. Will there be any accountability? And here's a test for the city of Cincinnati and its residence. How many people do you think were around there?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 1: You would say about one hundred you ever take, just to pull out of my sphincter. Number a lot of people, which means a lot of witnesses. And everyone had their camera out. You're right, Joe, And that's one of the criticisms been coming out. We're gonna have Ken Cobra on And that was one of the things that he commented on. Why is it that everybody was standing around with their video cameras out and there was only one nine to one one call apparently one police didn't even know about it. How do you expect law enforcement to come in and render assistance in times of societal breakdown if nobody bothers to alert the police department. That's going on question number two. Don't you think when there's a crowd of ninety thousand people gathered for a music festival in downtown Cincinnati there might be a well, I don't know, perhaps substantial police presence around. I don't know that they necessarily have been standing at fourth and Elm Street. It's kind of a rather innocuous area. That's where it all went down. But with that many people around, how many witnesses do you think could identify the people who were responsible for engaging in this horrific activity? Asked yourself this, If it was one of your family members and you knew that they were the ones that punched that woman directly in the face, would you drop a dime on a family member? If it was your buddy from down the street that you hang out with, would you let the police know that it was your buddy from down the street that you can't identify as the person who just beat the living crap out of that guy or punched that woman square in the face when she was bothering no one. If there were more people in the world that would be willing to do that in the name of law and order. Maybe we would have fewer incidents like this, but we're on the map now, folks. Elon Musk even commented on it, and I was reminded in so far as nobody nobody bothering to call the police or render assistance, except maybe the woman got punched in the face, anybody bothering to render assistance there was more likely got to get beat down. It's like one of those things. Wait a second, am I going to risk my neck to go and try to help a total stranger who's the subject of an absolute brutal assault? Here? I am one guy. M that looks like there's twenty people taking a turn of beating somebody up. Is there anything I can do about it? To render eight or assistance? Now, let me get my cell phone on just video it. How about doing a nine to one one call first, just to make sure someone has called the police, and then move on with videotaping so you can be the one with the viral video online. I don't know, maybe there's a presumption in the entire crowd that somebody had to have called the police. This is getting out of hand, But Coober who will be on again seven oh five FOP president criticizing the bystanders for recording the incident rather than intervening the help. And I guess I can understand again on some level why someone might not want to get in the middle of the melee to help, for fear for their own safety and perhaps life. But it reminded me of the last episode of Seinfeld. Remember they got arrested for violating the community's good Samaritan law by not intervening to help a victim of a crime. They just stood there and watched and made jokes about it. That's what we're witnessing here that last Seinfeld episode. I think it was nineteen ninety eight. So here's life's imitating a comedy to some degree, although perhaps the Seinfeld episode was in fact inspired by life and reality. More people are willing to stand around and not do a damn thing than help out their well brother, man or sister, as the case may be unbelievable and a great ad campaign. And let me ask this question out loud for anybody who's been paying attention to the you know, I always give Joe credit, Joe Drecker credit for being Internet research guru and you know, I'm considering myself pretty decent when it comes to internet research. Both of us this morning searching somewhere for some statement from the mayor aft tab parval. Both of us came up with nothing. The only reference to aff tab Parvall was from others saying, how come we haven't heard from the mayor of the city of Cincinnati on this issue. Hell, the vice mayor showed up and at least said something to the press. If you were the mayor of the City of Cincinnati, don't you think it'd be critically important for you to get out there and say something, maybe supportive of the police, maybe can condemn the violence. Something. Hell, it's an easy thing to come up with a statement under these circumstances. You got people of all political stripes condemning it. How can you do anything otherwise? Not a peep? Where is he anyway? Seven five eighteen fifty five KC Talk station Mark, Hang on a minute, brother, if you don't mind holding over the short break here, I will take your call right out of the gate. I'll be right back fifty five car the talk station. Our iHeartRadio Music. Five twenty one fifty five krcy De Talk station. A very happy Monday to you trying to make it so anyway, feel free to call interested in your thoughts and comments about the brawl downtown, and Mark is on the phone. Mark, thanks so much for holding over the breake there. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Brian. You stated a lot of things that I was already thinking, so I won't waste time repeating that, but I will say some things that maybe you're not able to or you know, I don't know you. I know you don't have anybody telling you what you think to say it can't say but correct.
Speaker 3: You know, we talked.
Speaker 4: About violence in this city, and let's face it, in every other major city across the gun and you know, the elephant in the room is not the Amish kids doing it. It's not the Indian kids, the Japanese kids, it's not even the white kids. It's always one race of people that are committing ninety nine percent of the violent crime in this country. And when you see this type of behavior, you have people standing around somebody, and even if the guy was intoxicated, okay, you have people standing around cheering while this guy's literally getting his head stomped into the pavement. And they're cheering it. And then you have a woman that's trying to come up and I don't know if it was his wife, I don't know, you know, obviously what the relationship was there that was concerned for his well being. And as she's getting pulled backwards by another woman, that's when the guy hauls off in pull copser And I mean, my wife showed me the video, the second video that was going around with this poor woman's laying on the ground, her eyes are wide open. My wife thought she was dead at that moment, you know, and I heard later that she did regain consciousness, but she looked she looked like she was dead. And these people are literally cheering and people I'll lose that. I'll use that term loosely because it's animal behavior and it happens more often than not. But again, if there were pats of white teenagers or white people running around committing crimes like this, the outrage in the community with the absolutely off the charts and this this behavior is overlooked. And I'm sorry, Teresa Fiji, she's a choke. And the Cincinnati police, my first response was, where's the police presence down there? You know, you had and when I heard that the music festival was going on this weekend and I moved out of Ohio. I got tired of whole in the circus down there, and I will never spend a dime of money in Hamilton County, down in that entertainment so called entertainment district. It's ridiculous the behavior that is accepted. And I understand from the police standpoint that they've pulled back time and time again because every time they turn around and tried to do something, they're accused to be racist, they're accused of profiling, their sued, they'd lose their job. I have an ex brother in law that was a Cincinnati officer that retired from the Cincinnati fource. This is going back twenty five years ago. He said that the amount of crime that was covered up back then by the police department and by the city of stuff that went on downtown would blow people's minds, and it's still happening today. They were more worried about making sure that it wasn't connected to the music festival.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh crap. Well, I mean that anytime you get a bunch of people packed in one space, the opportunity for something like this to happen is going to increase. It's just the normal reality. More interactions with strangers, more opportunities to bump into each other, spill a beer on somebody, make some sort of off color, offhand comment, more people hear at the opp and we seem to be in a more violent society. But addressing your racial point, I don't know, Mark right as of right now, is this a racially motivated attack? One could draw that conclusion, but it's never drawn immediately when it's attacked by black folks on white folks, but it's immediately assumed that it was racial if it's the polar opposite to your point. That's why anything the police do has this taint at Oh, it was racially motivated, because we live in an inherently racial society, and people will jump to that conclusion immediately because they get away with it. You know, go ahead call it racist. Everybody's accused of being a racist for literally anything anybody does anymore, and it's become such a default position that, you know, I think people will grown callous to it. As a matter of fact. It's funny because I've read a couple of op ed pieces on that very point of late, go ahead, call me racist. Whatever I did, it wasn't born of racism. I had a logical, reasonable means or motivation to do whatever I did or say whatever I said. And I can defend myself all day long. So yeah, I'm not afraid of being called racist anymore. But when it is the opposite, that rush to conclusion is embraced and parroted, often in the press before the facts are known. And anybody listens to the morning show knows that I'm not the person who will jump to conclusions, and I'm the one that's willing to sit down and make the point they listen, keep your popcorn out, wait for the information to come out. It's easy to draw conclusions based upon what you saw, but you really don't know why did the fight start. Maybe the guy that got the beat down, un deserved as it was, Maybe he said something horrific to the guy who started the fight with him. We don't know. But whatever that, if that happened, does it justify the reaction? Does it justify a crowd of people who you know? And here's an assumption I will draw the vast majority of people I'm sure have no idea what started that interaction. Maybe a handful of them did, but I cannot imagine that twenty or thirty people that appear to have joined in the beat down really had some understanding of what started it. They just saw somebody beating this guy on the ground and thought it was a funny thing. So this is the kind of discussion that arises after something like this, and it's an important discussion to have, and it's an important analysis to walk through. But stepping back from whatever brought about this horrific event, what we see, though, cannot be supported or justified. There is no one on this planet who can say that that was appropriate or acceptable by way of behavior from the folks that joined in and just continually pounded that guy into the pavement and then just again Cole cocked up seemingly innocent woman. I'll underscore seemingly again because I don't know. But the video evidence does not suggest she was doing anything other than trying to render aid. Five twenty eight fifty five Kasity Talk Station. Love to hear from you, call me up, just give me your interject your thoughts and comments on this be right back.
Speaker 2: Here's what's trending now.
Speaker 1: Three seven eight Hundy two three talk found by fifty on eighteen and t phone. He's something Joe Drecker observed that I hadn't caught on too, that they didn't start reporting in the local news until six pm Saturday evening for something that happened, this horrific event that happened overnight on our Friday night at three o'clock in the morning, nobody was reporting on it. The only reason, Joe concludes he's allowed to hear reach his own conclusions. Of course, it's because it went viral on Facebook and elsewhere in social media. The video was posted all over the place. How could you do? How could you not report on this incident any other interesting component? And again I wasn't watching Sherry Pallo or Atrician Mackie. They claimed they weren't allowed to show the video because they didn't have permission. Is that the gist of it, Joe, That's what they said. Well, let me just throw a giant Barbara streisand flag on that this was a public, outdoor thing. They got, you don't need permission from anybody to post the video, most notably since it literally was viral on the internet. Oh look, look, I can report about a story that's on the internet and involves a viral video. Let me see what Tom's got this morning. Tom, Welcome to the Morning Show and happy Monday to you.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning. I hope you had a good weekend.
Speaker 1: Well, actually I had a great weekend other than having to, you know, psychologically deal with the sad reality of what we're talking about this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, and it looked like next weekend ought to be really nice weatherwise. I took a peek of the forecast down the road here Thursday, Friday, canaday. We're gonna get some relief from this heat.
Speaker 1: So, oh, thank you. There you go, Tom, There you go. Looking for something positive in the world.
Speaker 4: Good man, I'm nothing if I'm not positive thinking brou uh uh. Anyway, Yeah, it basically comes down to who's willing to scream the loudest and make the biggest fuss uh. You know, kind of like the five year old in the store doesn't get his way. I'm gonna scream and chess and throw myself on the ground and act like I'm dying.
Speaker 3: It's the same.
Speaker 4: Old thing, nothing new, So you have one. One side of the argument is easily trying to to be uh. I don't know, to have some order to it, try to figure out what's going on, put a little you know, reason, and then they lose their cool little bit here and there, but you know, hey, let's figure this out. And then the other side is just flailing and screaming in one hundred percent of motion because they're not getting their way. And that's what it comes down to, doing this, this whole thing with with crime downtown. These people want to be able to do whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want. They don't want to be stopped. So as soon as someone tries to stop them, they'll come up with anything they can scream and yell and holler or whatever and to make a fuss so that you'll leave. Oh wait, well I'm going to leave them a little whoa. I don't want to be involved in that. Now you got to be involved in it. You got to step in and go if if you have any responsibility in this, you got to step in and say no, that's not okay, not gonna deal with it. Here's what I'm gonna do. And I'm not going to scream and yell like you are, but I'm going to take this away or I'm going to not do this or I'm going to do my job and do this. And I know it's difficult because these people are flailing and screaming and crying, bloody murder and all that, but adults have to do the job that they've been they've been elected to and hired to do, and voters don't vote Democrat. Have a great day, Brian, All.
Speaker 1: Right, thanks Tom. Appreciated police Chief Scott Hughes a Hamilton Township. It had some interesting comments as well. There were a bunch of people, noted notables city officials that actually came out loud and said something. Vice Marilyn Kearney said something. Cecil Thomas offering an opinion. Mark Jefferies since at countsmen offered an opinion saying, you know, prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. Yes, exactly. Barney Morinho had a comment. Veg Ramaswam he had a comment, Mary have to have purval. Nothing as to Hamilton Township police Chief Scott Hughes. Before I take a break here, what happened on Fourth Street in Cincinnati wasn't just a fight. It was a breakdown of order, decency, and accountability. Caught on video and cheered on by a crowd. This isn't just Cincinnati's problem, it's ours. Two. He pointed out, the incidents in the city don't just stay here in the city. Quote. The perception of danger ripples across the region, discouraging residents from visiting downtown's many events and attractions. Quote. Families stop going out, businesses stop investing. Cities lose the very momentum they worked to build. This video isn't just another viral moment. It's a warning shot. We can either raise our voices or watch silence fund the chaos. I thought that was one of the more astute comments and well done Scott Use Hamilton Township police chief. And maybe that's what there wasn't much reporting. Maybe that's why the mayor hasn't said anything. He wants to ignore it and pretend as though it didn't happen. Why because the optics are terrible. If you're in Poughkeepsie, Iowa, and you're thinking about moving your business, I don't know why I pick on Poughkeepsie. Are you going to consider the city of Cincinnati now? Would you be like, you know, what it does doesn't sound very good down there. I've been reading a lot lately and yeah, exactly no, thank you Dad from beyond five point thirty seven. Right now, Jay, I will take your call and happy to do so just a minute, be right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five krc and iHeartRadio Station by forty.
Speaker 1: One thirty by KRCD Talk station five one three seven fifty five hundred evenit EQ three times by fifty on AT and T phones. Over to the phones. Got a couple of callers on long. We're going to start with Jay, who's kinding up the whole Jay, thanks for holding over the break. Welcome back my friend.
Speaker 6: Hey, Thanks Brian, Hey, it's speaking on a violence of what's going on downtown. I think there's one organization who can who's uniquely qualified to step up and be the bridge between the community the police and be in a position to mentor and coach and get ahold of these young people before they ruin their lives and maybe change the culture, and that is the NAACP. They're very vocal, they're very welsome, want well connected, politically well funded, and it strikes me that if this was the other way around it, there was a there was a black person that was beat down by a group of white people, they would have already been organized and marching in the streets.
Speaker 4: But where are they now?
Speaker 6: And maybe they've made a statement.
Speaker 4: I want to be fair to them.
Speaker 6: But unless we want Cincinnati to turn into Detroit, and it looks like that's the trajectory that it's going, that it's going on where there's abandoned houses and empty factories and no more investment, that somebody and some of these community organizations better step up and not be real judicious about what the situation is. If if the community needs help and the community needs support, and if somebody needs to step in and coach and mentor and get in front of this thing.
Speaker 7: Then I'm waiting to hear from the NAAS, who again I think has all the funding, has all the influence they can get in front of this, and I would love to hear from them on what their ideas are of what the root cause is the corrective action here.
Speaker 1: Jay, I think it's an outstanding idea. I really do. I can't think of, you know, better use of their organization's you know, microphone, their power, their platform. Yeah, it'll be nice to see them come out and try to support law enforcement and tell the community you know, listen, this is just unacceptable. We can I don't think it's it's even in dispute that what we saw cannot be defended. So why not join in the ever growing number of people who have actually come out normally folks that you might not associate with being tough on crime, saying we need to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. We need to find the people who did this and prosecute them. Prosecutor's office and we judges who are willing to meet out the highest level of punishment to serve as a deterrent to others who might consider this to be an appropriate way of addressing the a breakdown situation. Wait a second, I'm not gonna be involved in this. I'm not gonna go over and kick a guy when he's on the ground. I saw what happened to the last guy who did that, and he's serving time. I'll pass. Welcome to the point of a criminal justice system, Larry, Welcome to the program. Thanks for calling this morning, and happy Monday to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, happy Monday. Hey.
Speaker 8: People call him this a fight.
Speaker 9: I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't see a fight. All I saw was this poor god shielding his self. I didn't see him throwing any punches, and when he got foot knocked to the ground.
Speaker 9: He was gret people were trying to kick him.
Speaker 4: They were kicking, they.
Speaker 8: Were kicking him, and he was trying to grab their legs well and shield hisself from the attack. A fight is when two people fight each other and.
Speaker 1: Larry but the only point only. You're not wrong on that, but most people, at least as I understand it, aren't walking around just constantly filming random people, not engaged in physical altercations or verbal altercations. So what's missing here is the five minutes or however many minutes leading up to the moment the video begins when it does look like some people are engaged in some kind of quarrel, the guy that ultimately got the severe beatdown and one other guy. So I don't know, but what we do have is everything that happened after that, which is the unacceptable, inexcusable conduct of so many people. Right.
Speaker 8: Well, I saw a report this morning come on my phone that they they got footage now before it started, what was what started it? But anyway, also, yeah, that's what it come on my phone. I don't know where it's at or whatever, what station or what news stations. But sure, wonder what the result would have been if this poor guy pulled a nine millimeter glock out of his waistband and started defending himself by shooting these people. Wonder what would have what would have.
Speaker 1: Well happened from from a legal perspective, If you fear for your life and that fear is legitimate, and I don't think anybody can argue that the man that is getting kicked and beaten on the ground had a legitimate fear that he was gonna get killed, right, then then you're justifiable and using deadly force. The question is who's the recipient of the deadly force. Is it someone who's administering the beatdown that gave rise to your legitimate concern or is it some random individual filming in the crowd that takes the bullet that you intend for the person beating you down. There's your critical problem when it comes to self defense and the use of deadly force. You know, there's a lot you got to process in your head before you use deadly force. And that's why it comes down to the instant time, moment and time. Was it reasonable at the time for you to believe your life was in jeopardy or you're in fear of grievous bodily horrible. He was experiencing grievous bodily harm right then, So yes, I think under those circumstances, deadly force may have been justifiable. But in the aftermath, and when we all look at it with a lens of twenty hindsight, did the person who got the bullet? Is that the person who was deserving of the bullet because they were the one that gave rise to that fear. It's a tough thing to have to contend with when you're the one that's getting the that is under that that fear. But I do believe it would have been reasonable. Appreciate the call man, it's an excellent, excellent point. De rays that knee, hip shoulder, pay not getting any better. He's stuck on the cycle of steroid shots. Your doctor has already mentioned the surgery discussion. Well, you know what I did about something that's helped a lot of people get their lives back without medication, without going under the knife. It's QC Kinetics. Their patient's satisfaction rate is amazing. Their corney QC connects. Ninety two percent of their patients report satisfaction of the results from QC Kinetics, the nation's leader in regenerative medicine that uses treatments like advanced cellular therapy and platement platelet rich plasma, which helped your body heal it So it's not masking the pain because the root of the problem. Cellular treatments contain growth factors and healing properties to maximize your own body's ability to heal itself. Will it work for you? I don't know. That's why QC Kinetics offers a free consultation. May not be right for everybody, but you can learn learn maybe that there is a different path that does not involve surgery and the continued use of pain meds and steroids. So let them have a discussion with you that won't cost you anything but some of your time. Call for the free consultation. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC dot com summer Ice Chest of Information.
Speaker 2: It's essential to know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Five KRC The talk station six six I think I've ive krc DE Talk station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone has a happy Monday. Of course, rather depressing subject matter this morning on the fifky five KRCY Morning Show, given what happened a downten since NATI over the weekend. Subject matter of conversation going on here in the morning show. Several callers in the last hour, You're welcome to chime in, love to hear what you have to say. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three Talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Ken Cobra, FLP President's going to join us in an hour to talk about that. He was interviewed by Local twelve. Got a couple of comments from kend to talk about here in a moment, Christopher Smitheman with a Monday Morning Smith event from the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Ge I wonder what he's gonna say. Yeah, it is Monday. We'll still do money money with Brian James. Fed meeting tomorrow. Apparently a lot of discussion about whether or not to be a rate change. Some are hoping it goes down, some are suggesting it needs to go up because of inflation, tariff deal with the European Union, congratulations of Trump fifteen percent, and a promise of billions of dollars investment from Europe. Some I'm critical of that. I know the Wall Street Journal didn't think it was that great of a deal, but they're allowed, They're entitled to their opinion. I'm just happy it got resolved. We'll have to sit back and wait and find out how it impacts us, but most people applauding the effort. Corporate earnings coming out this week as well those subjects with Brian James. At eight oh five, Rabbi rijn returns to the program we've had him on previously. He's going to talk about the Robling Bridge protest. Apparently he's under the impression it didn't accomplish what it was supposed to because of the shut down of the bridge and the subsequent police involvement and arrests of those who were violating the law by shutting down the bridge. So Rabbi John in studio, looking forward to seeing him again the informative opinions he has. Uh, let us see here real quick here before I get to the calls in Matt and Bobby just to hold on a moment. Ken Kober again interviewed by Channel twelve, I said, obviously we have the videos. We know we're going to be able to have some help there and figure out who the people are. The police have already interviewed the victims of the beat down. They're going to be using the city cameras in the area, which we haven't seen yet. To the best of my knowledge, that has not been released yet. But apparently there are some city cameras that captured some or maybe even all of this, and there have been some who have made have tippedaled. Several tips have been received. He's asking the public for itself, saying quo, there are still some people that have not been identified. Me that suggests to me they've already identified some of the perps. I would ask the public play a part in this because stuff like this shouldn't happen in our city, but when it does, we need people to step forward. That way we can bring these people to justice. Amen. And I mentioned at the last hour, if this was a buddy of yours from down the street, you were there. You watched him walk over and start beating on a man who's already on the ground, or you know the guy that punched that woman square in the face, but have to be an acquaintance of yours, maybe even a family member. Would you call the police and let them know who that guy is if you know definitively it was someone you were there, I saw it. It was that guy. It's Joe from down the block. Now we live in a world where we're willing to alienate our own family members because they happen to be Trump supporters. If you're not going to pick up a phone call and call your brother, your sister because you disagree with them politically, don't you think this is a bigger thing thing to want to just sort of terminate a friendship or a relationship over. I don't want to be friends with someone who would punch up and walk up and punch a woman square in the face for any reason. That's not someone I want to be associated with. And we've got multitude of people down there, you who you know who the ones were that were committing all these heinous acts of violence. You maybe even have information to know how the whole thing started. That would be helpful for police, and you'd serve as an example to everybody else out in the world that you should cooperate with police and you should bring these folks to justice. But there but for the grace of God, go I. Next time you're downtime, maybe you're enjoying a show at the Brady Center, you walk out and you get punched in the face for no reason. If that kind of crime does not go unaddressed, if that person who would do something like this does not go through the criminal justice system and is not a hell accountable to the fullest extent of the law, it's just gonna invite more of this kind of thing to happen, and it's going to further further reduce the city of Cincinnati as a great destination for investment or perhaps to live in. It's a great ad campaign for the city, isn't it? And the silence is definiting from ayor aftab Provoll's office, since there has literally been no statement from the office that either just Trek or I could find as of the start of the morning show. We've got a lot of other elected officials and public officials and noted notables. We've got the chief of Police talking, We've got the Vice mayor talking, We've got other elected officials.
Speaker 3: You had vv.
Speaker 1: Ramaswami speaking on the subject.
Speaker 3: Vv.
Speaker 1: Ramaswami. You got Elon Musk speaking on the subject. It's made national news, folks, and a silence from the mayor's office. Of all the offices, you would expect an elected official to speak from and speak to this event. You would think that he would be right out front. Who's first, Joe, Matt, Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just had a quick comment about the the other caller that was talking about you know, if the if the gentleman had like a gun or something and trying to defend himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the use of deadly force.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I would almost guarantee you Knnie Pillach would prosecute the person who did that. See, I can almost guarantee because she is a terrible prosecutor. And it's one of those things where every office and every vote matters.
Speaker 1: I understand, but you see, if a public perception is wait a second, I don't care what political stripe you are, Matt, but if you are getting the living crap beaten out of you, and it is reasonable to expect your life may and or you are suffering from and experiencing grievous bodily harm. You have the legal right to use self defense. Deadly force is okay and it's lawful, so I completely agree.
Speaker 10: I completely agree with that, But I still think Kanye Pillage would would prosecute the person.
Speaker 1: I don't really do yeah, but in terms of politics, I don't know that would necessarily do or any good. I think there will be public outrage expressed over the prosecution. And you know the old adage, I'd rather be I'd rather put my hands in the hands of twelve people that will be dead, you know what I mean, put my life in the hands of twelve people or die. I'm gonna go with the former. Can always count on maybe a jury acquitting you because you were justified in your use of deadly force. That's what it comes down to, reasonable under the circumstances, and I think this is the use of deadly force under the circumstances I put it on the last hour is really troubling because there are so many people around. I mean, I think there's some expectation that someone is gonna use deadly force. Has to account for the fact that, well, maybe I'll miss and I'll keep shoot an innocent bystander. The use of deadly force may be reasonable and justified, but a concern human being might hesitate for a moment, and then, of course instilled in the public perception is exactly the point you're making, which is, wait a second, if you had time to process it under the circumstances, and this is I mean, moments matter. Under these circumstances, you don't have a whole lot of time to kick back and sort of contemplate, you know, the ethics and morality, the legality. You're getting the crap beat out of you. But then that little voice like you said, well, if I do use deadly force, I'm going to get prosecuted. And that's an image and a perception. I think that the left and anti gun folks, that's what they want. They want people to be so fearful that they will not even protect their lives when they have the ability to do it. Like I said, I'm going with a jury. Bobby, Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Monday to you, Happy Monday.
Speaker 11: My friend. Thanks for taking my call. And we're not.
Speaker 1: All peer bongers. Okay, I think you understand what I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 11: It doesn't matter if it's Chicago or wherever else it is, dog islands in the streets. People have to protect themselves and be vigilant of what goes on around them.
Speaker 1: I got a friend in Iowa that's listening right now. In Davenport, Iowa. He said they had a very similar incident. Nobody reported on it, there was no video of it, but in Davenport, Iowa, he said, you know, it's not just your city, man, It's going all over the place. They had a red, White and Boom festival fireworks show, and you know, things went awry.
Speaker 11: I just try to give advice to people and tell them the truth.
Speaker 3: Be vigilant.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's like family and firearms. If you have those, you always keep your freedom. Yep, you better think about it, because it doesn't matter where you go. There's evil everywhere. Yes, indeed, some of the most evil people in the world had a nice smile.
Speaker 1: Yes indeed. Well, and you know what, you could be walking in the woods and next thing you know, you're being attacked by a vicious grizzly bear or something. It's nice at that point to have a forty five seventy on you, or maybe a five hundred magnum any event. Appreciate that. Hey, Angus, we got time for Angus, Joe real fat. Let's take your call. Angus, we're out a time to go ahead? It's okay angers.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Hey Brian, did the drones respond to this?
Speaker 1: I appreciate the little interjection of levity, Angus. I understand where you're coming from. It's obviously a very tragic situation. But whenever you can chuckle at something, I think that's probably a good thing. I don't know what a drone would have done. Can anybody answer that question? The police weren't even aware that this was going on? Which path was asked a larger question. Wait a second, you got a music festival with ninety thousand people and they're pouring out of it. There's gonna be people milling in the street. They're gonna be exiting bars post a concert, bars closed it too. People are pouring out in the streets. If you're police chief, where do you think you might want to allocate recent sources? He asked out loud, scratching his head, wondering why there weren't police standing right there. Six sixteen fifty five kerr Se Detalk Station. Feel free to chime in. All opinions are welcome five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred two three. USA Insulation always welcome. And your only regret when you call USA and you ultimately haven't phoned your home, is said, damn it, why didn't I do this a long time ago. I've had a lot of my listeners say that you know you're right, Brian. This place is so much more comfortable than it used to be. My energy bills are so low. I've saved more than the payment to get the insulation monthly in my home, which is only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. It's fantastic deal. But imagine on this hot humid heat index of one hundred plus degrees kind of days, if you had an adequately insulated home, your air conditioning wouldn't be running constantly facing that impossible challenge of meeting your temperature expectations. Foam in the exterior Wall's highest OAR value on the market, made right here in Ohio. It starts with a free inspection and free quote. Under insulated homes and uninsulated homes, you absolutely will enjoy the benefits of USA Insulation if you like saving money and you like better comfort, so go with the best. USA Insulation five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam online USA Insulation dot net fifty five KRC. The talk station talk station five one three seven fifty five two three talk now if I fifty down at and T phone fast forward an hour Christopher Smith and I G I wonder what he's going to be talking about this morning anyway. You know the interesting comment from police chief three SOHIGI. She has actually came out in issuative statement six p m. Saturday, of course, many hours after the altercation, but she said the behavior show of the video nothing short of cruel and absolutely unacceptable. Of course you're just tuning in. I'm talking about the uh, the fight, the beat down individueen kicked and stomped on by folks after he had already been incapacitated laying in the street, followed by a woman getting punched in the face Colecock knocked out. That was the I think one of the more horrific elements of the video. But you're entitled your own conclusions on that. She said, I'm in complete disgust waking up to the viral video. Many of you now seeing the behavior displayed nothing sort of cool and absolutely unacceptable. Our investigative team is working diligently to identify every individual involved in causing harm. She claimed it was not connected in any way to the music fest, and something else that was echoed by some of the other elected officials that actually came on record, absent have Purval, who hasn't said a word anybody's understanding at this moment. I mean, it was a connected in some way of the music fest, because that's what brought all the people downtown Cincinnati. But I don't know what the verbal altercation that she concluded led to this horrific beatdown was about. Maybe it was about one of the musical acts that performed. But here's the trouble. In comment, as reported by WCPOS, Molly Shramp, a spokesperson for the Cincinnati Police Department, told us before Fiji's statement that they were not aware of the incident until the videos were posted. Huh, so there was literally no police presence at all in the general area, and of course if nobody bothers calling nine to one one and apparently they only got one nine one one call among all the throng of people that were involved or they're witnessing this, only one person bothered, and a lot of criticism of people standing around videoing something when they should have been rendering assistance to those Well, you know, it's it's easy to say that, but if you're in the middle of a melee like that and the idea of you rendering assistance may mean that you're the one in the middle of the street getting kicked and beaten down because you're so outnumbered. Referencing the woman who got punched in the face, who appeared to be a person who was looking into rendering aid or otherwise checking on the condition of the individual that had gotten the crap beat out of them. She gets punched in the face for no reason at all, left unconscious. Mark Jeffries, maybe he'll be right since the accounts with Mark Jeffries said incredibly disturbing and horrific, downright inhumane. He said he's spoken with other city officials and police to work on finding individuals responsible and arrest them urgently. Quote. This behavior cannot stand and will not represent our city. Those responsible must be held accountable and prosecuted the fullest extent of the law. Yeah, that's what we need to hear. Props to Mark Jeffries for saying the important part out loud. Let's see what happens. Will there be followed through? How do you rehabilitate a city's repute is being soft on crime and we've got one of those and overcome the challenges that this type of incident represents for the city and its efforts to grow and expand and attract businesses and individuals to live in the City of Cincinnati. You know how you do that. You lock people up and prosecute them to the full sixtent of the law. We are a law and order city here in the City of Cincinnati. The old days are gone. We are now all about law enforcement. Don't do the crime, or you're going to do the time. Isn't that a better message to project to the nation and even the world. You know, it's kind of funny what I was doing prep for the show yesterday. This was reported in the Hindu Times front page of Fox News National website, among a whole bunch of others. Great optics for the city, isn't it. Six twenty six fifty five KOC the talk station Foreign Exchange outstanding opportunity to have your car repaired for less money, and that's the point of Foreign Exchange. They'll do a great job fixing your car. A SE certified Master Detection technician will be working on it. They know what they're doing, but they do have access to your manufacturer's technical information. They'll do software upgrades and program they have the equipment to do that. And whether your car is from traditionally European or Asian manufacturer or a test lag, you got the right folks at Foreign Exchange to help you by and you will save a lot of money over the dealer. And that's the important thing. Westchester is the location of Foreign Exchange I choose from. There are multiple Foreign Exchange locations, but Westchester can be reached by going Tylersville Exit Office seventy five East. Just a really short jog two streets hanging right on Kingland Drive. You're going to run right into it. That's where they're going to treat you great customer service experience is going to be outstanding. For you. To learn more online, it's Foreign xform the letter X dot com. Here's a number for Westchester five one, three, six four four twenty six, twenty six five one three six six.
Speaker 2: Six, fifty five KARC.
Speaker 1: Here in fifty five KR and c DE talk station. Anybody have any solutions? What can be done? This where we in the societal collapse got to ask out loud seemingly we are anyhow of course, referring to the brown downtown Cincinnati, that just animal behavior from people, animalistic. Go ahead and make an argument to the contrary. I don't there's anybody in a human being alive that could justify that kind of treatment of another human being. I don't even care what the original fight was about. Moving on the other things did happen over the weekend. Fairfield of Hio. We got a person shot Sunday morning at a speedway gas station on Dixie Highway or in Fairfield. Shooting started as a physical fight in the parking lot of the seventy three hundred Dixie Highway. Police said two men injured, only one shot shooting victim taking to Mercy Hospital airlifted UC Medical Center. As of the reporting from WC, condition currently unknown, and of course at this point there are no suspects. They also believe there's no threat to the community, which is good.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: Let us see here over to Deerfield Township man arrested after an hour's long police stand off having a Deerfield Township, prompting emergency alerge to be sent to all Warren County residents and others from the surrounding counties. Court of the Warren County Sheriff Barely Barry Riley, speaking again with local news, WCPO said officers went to a residence on Spring Mill Way in the Landon area about noontime to execute an arrest warrant a thirty two year old Denzel Pouncy. Pouncey had active warrants on charges of strangulation an assault. After officers dispatched Friday night to u See, Westchester for report of an assault, Warren County Tactical Response Unit breached the front door of the residence with explosives before making entry and taking this guy in to custody. Riley said three others were also taken out of the residence, including Pouncey's fiance. No one injured, no shots fired during the breach, Riley said. After leaving the scene, wcpo's crew saw damaged doorway at the residents. Riley said Pouncy also currently on parole. Long criminal history including involuntary manslaughter, aggravated drug trafficking, weapons charges, and more. WOW. Crews from multiple law enfortunate enforcement agencies were involved, Deerfield Fire and Rescue, Mason Fire and Rescue, Monroe Police, and Deerfield Township Police and more. Warren County EMA said a press release the alert regarding the incident in the Landing area accidentally sent out to a much wider area due to what they call a technical malfunction. Riley specified they believe it was a computer glitch, not human error, saying the dispatcher who sent it out today is one of the most experienced, hardest working, best dispatches I know in the business. Not his fault. Not only sent to all Warren County residents, but also some people surrounding counties Hamilton, Butler, Clinton, Claremont, and Green County Geese even went to my own Sims Township. I didn't get an alert. Technical issue was with the integrated Public Alert and Warning system. I pause, and they say it's currently being thoroughly investigated with local, state, and federal partners. At corner of the Warren County EMA original alert to residents sent out about twelve thirty pm, calling for everyone to shelter in place. That's a pretty wide swath of the community. Third alert, roughly one thirty PM told residents of safety alert was canceled. So maybe that glitch will get resolved. We can only hope anyhow, if you got some comments or thoughts on the melee in Downtownsons and I'd love to hear from you, love to have an explanation or excuse to how we fixed the problem. One costs to person called earlier. It suggest that, you know, it would be really important for the NAACP, given all the power and cloud that they enjoy and they do, to issue a statement maybe calling for calmer reactions, maybe calling for some you know, reflection on members of the community generally speaking, not members of any particular ethnic group. Everybody. Look, I mean, we need people from all levels. This is something Smithman's been on a tear and I'm sure he's gonna continue it. The silence about the police department and support for police and support for law enforcement has been deafening, sort of in a state of denial over the crime statistics that some statistics are down but many are up. You know, you're gonna believe you're lion eyes or you're gonna believe what our public officials say. But in the absence of a statement from public officials, you know you don't have this showing of uniformity, this showing of collective lockstep approval of and support of the police department, and support of law and order, and support of civility. Wish more elected officials would speak to civility, getting along, living side by side with people of all races and colors and creeds. We can all enjoy the city of Cincinnati together. Look what we've got. I've commented many times over the years, how much better my life has been since I moved back to Cincinnati after experiencing Chicago in the nineteen nineties. Do look at the crime stats in Chicago between nineteen ninety and nineteen and in two thousand. I mean, you think it was a war zone. How bad things were back doing with a number of murders. It's gotten better, believe it or not, but it's going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: Need to turn this ship around. Six thirty six right now. If you have KCD talk station and you need to save money, affordable medical imaging. Affordable imaging service is actually online. It's affordable med imaging learn more about the pricing there. But you can get you know, CT scans, X rays, MRIs, ultrasounds at a mere fraction of what the hospital imaging department has called you. Hell, you can get an X ray for seventy five bucks along with the Bard Certified Radiologist Report CT scan four point fifty not five grand. Four hundred and fifty bucks without a contrast. MRI will not set you back three thousand or so dollars like a will at the imaging department of the hospital. Four hundred and ninety five bucks are an MRI without a contrast. Every one of the images that Affordable Imaging Services comes with that Board Certified Radiologist report, including and included in the price. I've had multiple images. There never a problem from my doctor's perspective. So you should save the money thousands of dollars. You got a choice. Exercise it if it means that kind of money to you, and that matters it does to me. Call them up five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand and now also open in New Richmond, just off the first exit from I seventy at the Ohio Indiana border. So you've got a couple of locations. Now learn all about it. Go to Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: The Girlfriends is back with a new set and a six.
Speaker 1: Forty one on a Monday and a happy one to you. Remember fifty five KRC dot com. You get the podcast if you can't stick around for the seven flock hour, we're gonna be hearing from FOP President Ken Kober about the beatdown over the weekend, the police responds to it, and the community's response to Christopher Smith Aman at the At seven to twenty. Every Monday, we hear from the former vice mayor with the Smither event. He'll be on today and yeah, I imagine he'll have a thing or two to say about that Monday Money with Brian James Ato five and the return of Rabbi Ari June to talk about the Robling Bridge shutdown protest. That'll be at eight thirty. He'll be in studio. Looking forward to seeing your Rabbi. That again eight thirty, let's go to the phone, see what Corey's got. Corey, thanks for calling this morning, and happy Monday to you.
Speaker 4: Happy Monday. There Brian, Hey, this a couple quick thoughts from that. I call it a hate crime that happened downtown because remember back a few years ago, the Knockout game and all this stuff seems to always be blacking against white violence and if they own the unarmed people to attack. Because one, Ohio is one of the only states in the entire country who's no gun scigns, have Corse law, which they know most people will be unarmed. More than likely these people were either at the baseball game or at that jazz best, which both of them disarm you, so you're vulnerable while you're out in public.
Speaker 1: Or or at the bars. I mean these I don't think the concert was still going on at the time this happened. I think it was reportedly happened at three o'clock in the morning, So I think it's probably people that were filing out of bars or otherwise enjoying the Dora district they have there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, which crazy to why we want to mention Ohio one of the states, Like I said, no gun signs. Course, the law Kentucky you can carry in a bar and you can drink while consuming alcohol, but you cannot be intoxicated. So why is it in Ohio if you have one ver well carry and that's a fellony, and in Kentucky it's not. I think Ohio needs to change that law. Then you do a with no gun signs, because it's leaving people vulnerable to this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, a private property owner who has control over his or her private property, I don't think you would want some legislative body telling you what you can or cannot have in your own home. And that's the way they view private property. So if you are of the mind that you don't like firearms and think they represent a danger to your private business, then I believe you do have the right to tell someone they can't bring one in. Now you're turning away business, and I think you're creating a more opportunity for more violence. But I believe in the property right, so I'll disagree with you on that. But I think it's a rather interesting thing that Kentucky allows people to consume alcohol and carry concealed I don't find any problem with that as long as you're not intoxicated. But and I don't know if it would solve the problem. Corey, what's your reaction if you know that this would have been a justifiable use of deadly force. If you were that guy getting the crap beat out of him, you would have a legitimate fear for your wife life. Who would you shoot.
Speaker 4: Anybody that that definitely stopped my head on the ground. That is attempted murderer. So I was trying to stunk your head into the assphole. I think anybody that was participating in that absolutely deserve to.
Speaker 1: Be shot, right, and that would be justifiable.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 1: But you know, if you're in that posi and I'm just trying to be practical here, Corey, you and I see pretty much eye to eye on the right to keep him bare arms in the legitimate, reasonable, justifiable use of them under certain circumstances. But you know, being experienced firearms user and an owner of multiple firearms, if I am that guy and I'm on the ground, I'm not quite sure I would be in a position to capably operate one. That guy was clearly disoriented, he could barely get up some people standing around.
Speaker 4: You have a right to defend others as well, Ah.
Speaker 1: Like the guy at Walmart, Like the guy at Walmart going going after the guy that got all stabby on everyone. That's how he's being celebrated as a hero. Right now, more people in the crowd had firearms and they saw someone whose life was in peril, they could have risen to the challenge. And maybe that answers the question about what you and I are supposed to do as a society. If we encounter this, you're obviously outnumbered. There's a multitude of people beating the crap out of some defenseless little guy on this or guy on the street. So if you have a firearm, maybe that's what equalizes the situation, so you're less afraid to get involved and help a poor man out.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. One other things, speaking of that Walmart attack in Ohio, that guy could be charged with menacing or aggravated menacing or aggravated assault. As in Ohio, it is illegal to brandish a firearm if you do not use it. One time you can brandish a firearm is with the actual act of shooting somebody exfinitely pulling it out and deterring the threat as a crime in Ohio, and that takes the bill Sykes under the standard ground wall. A few years ago, each took that language out in the Federal's committee of the bill to leave it a crime. So thank you Bill Sykes for people being in harms way in Ohio.
Speaker 1: There you go. Appreciate the shot. Cory, thanks for the call as well. Five one three seven, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. Yeah, in so far as well or not this is a hate crime, I don't know. So that earlier caller suggested it might have been racially motivated given the two victims, the woman who got just the crap punched out of her and the guy that was being kicked on the ground. Obviously the black folks were beating the crap out of the white guy on the ground, But was race a factor? That does not answer the question. This is why I always say I'm gonna let cooler heads prevail and find out and someone is looking into it. Harmead Nolan, the Assistant Attorney General for the US Department of Justice Civil Rights Division, had this to saynd it our federal hate crimes law applied to all Americans, and the division is monitoring how local authorities handled the incident, saying, nobody in our great nation should be the victim of such a crime, and where race is a motivation federal law may apply. She's obviously taking like I am a wait and see approach. I'm not going to be quick to rush to judgment as to what motivated this. I don't know what the two guys are in a verbal altercation about that brought about this insane reaction from the crowd. I don't like jumy conclusions. Some people get away with joemy to conclusions immediately calling something racial or not, and quite often they're found to be wrong in their immediate conclusion. Six forty eight was SAYI, Jim hang On, brother, I can't wait to talk to you, but I a'mount of time got to mention. I want to mention Cross Country Mortgage because you want to deal with Susee Low's the camp, but it comes to things mortgage related. The best in the business. I can say that unqualified. She's such a nice lady, sweet customer service, more knowledge and experience, and I think anyone thirty five plus years in the mortgage business. She helped my daughter and her fiance get their financing. It took them just like two days, and this is after they got the run around from the bank. She found something that worked out perfect for them. She's working for you, and she gets to look at all the products out there and we'll come up with the best solution for you, great rates at low cost, never a junk fee, never an application fee, and the best customer service in the business. Tell her, Brian said, how would you get in touch with her? I don't care what state you're sitting in. She can help you being with Cross Country Mortgage, including my friends listening in Puerto Rico. To reach her and she will get right back with you. Just leave her message five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, or just shoot her an email. You can even do it right now. So's that dot Low's campspelled l O s E KA mp ss that dot Low's camp at CCM dot.
Speaker 2: Com fifty five KRC TIX fifty one.
Speaker 1: Coming up at six fifty two fifty by KARCD talk station. You know that video we've been talking about all morning wasn't the only one that happened. I know that because uh posting on Facebook my friend westside Jim, who's on the phone right now, posting another one. Jim, Welcome back man. It's always great to hear from you.
Speaker 13: Hey, Brian, Hey, I posted about five or six of them. I mean, they're starting to come out of the woodwork. You know, about four or five weeks ago, there was an article about these four gentlemen coming out of Rubies.
Speaker 1: You remember that, Oh yeah.
Speaker 13: Jump by fifteen or twenty utes. And this is going to tell them the community, the business community actually comes out and sits down in demands, not talks. I'm tired of this talks, and I'm tired of hearing the same old rhetoric and bs from our so called people who run this city. And until they come out and demand, because.
Speaker 3: That's who's going to hurt.
Speaker 13: I mean, these four guys got jumped, and you can't tell me that you and and that is just being facetious, but you and your mom want to go to Rubies. Well let's go to the suburbs.
Speaker 3: So there is a.
Speaker 12: Positive behind this.
Speaker 13: The suburbs are getting business out of it, where the downtown's are hurt. But you know, racial, but I'm sorry, go ahead, no, no, there's a definite racial behind this because they it's going to get to the point where it's going to be black only music festival. Now we don't want that.
Speaker 4: We don't want that.
Speaker 13: Now, if these people want to the music festival, and there are white people that go to the music festival and try to enjoy their.
Speaker 1: Night out, oh my wife's gone many times.
Speaker 13: But for Fiji to come out and say that this had nothing to do with the music festival, well, her head is so far in the sand, because if you look away, these people were dressed. They don't go down there at three o'clock in the morning on a Friday night and normally walk around in downtown Cincinnati. They were coming from the music festival, going to one of the doras or a bar. So to me it is attributed to the music festival.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, any event where you get a large group of people congregating together represents a heightened element for security only because so many people who are usually strangers to each other congregate together, have an opportunity, as I mentioned earlier in the program, to bump into each other, spill a beer on someone, getting a verbal altercation. Concentrated people equals a higher likelihood of that happening. So yeah, in some way, shape or form, it's related to the music festival. But I understand the festival is over. Don't they shut those things down at eleven pm? So people work clearly at the Dora or at the bars, right. The reason they were there was because the news had brought them down.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and also when they come out and Thiji says, well, you know she was she was down there playing the John Travolta, dancing up in a private box. If I was a police chief, I would have been downtown and in a car a movie from territory territory and checking in on my people. From what I understand, there was hardly any police presence downtown.
Speaker 1: And she said she didn't even find out about it until the next day when the viral video started circulating. Yeah, correct, the.
Speaker 3: Chief, And that's just disgusting.
Speaker 13: That's terrible for our police chief to do something like that. It shows that she's not informed, she's way inconfident about the whole matter, and she should have been down there with her so called troops and maybe she could have been directing a jerne. I know that tongue in cheek, but it's just terrible the way the city is going, and it's not going to get any better with the regime that we have. And I'm talking about the police departments upper management. I'm not talking about the troops. The troops do their job when they're given the opportunity to do their job, and that's the problem. They're not given that opportunity.
Speaker 4: If they'd have had a dozen.
Speaker 13: Cops walking around downtown or driving or doing whatever they had to do, this would never have happened, or it would have been very very short and we wouldn't be seeing this on national and international news.
Speaker 1: Right and presumably arrests would have made the evening of the attack or the morning of the attack, as opposed to them having to go around and try to search with search for people using downtown cameras as well as the videos that people standing around watching it were taking, which they're currently doing so.
Speaker 13: And lastly, Brian for to give them the external wall to prosecute them.
Speaker 3: We know what's going to happen.
Speaker 13: It's going to be probation, it's going to be maybe ten days in jail or something like that.
Speaker 1: This guy couldn't die.
Speaker 13: That woman could have died if she couldn't bring you.
Speaker 9: Know, and.
Speaker 1: It may very well have one. Her current condition is currently unknown. Well, you know, if history, if history is a guide your presumption about what is going to happen, will be proven true. But doesn't this represent a great opportunity to go the opposite direction and demonstrate to the entire country that Cincinnati is now a town of law and order and we have the days of treating people with kid gloves who commit these violent crimes is over. I think it's time we can turn a page.
Speaker 4: But they need six months in jail. Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 13: Don't need an attempted motortren for picking up trash on the side of the road. They need six months in a justice center to see what it's really like when they cause problems like this.
Speaker 1: That's what the justice system is supposed to be a deterrence for future people who might consider doing something as heinous as we witness from over the weekend. Always great to hear from you, Jim, Have a great day, my friend. Six fifty seven, we're gonna hear from the man who is responsible for the troops, the FOP president, Ken Kober is going to join the program right after the news, followed by Christopher Smithman Today's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 7: You just got to know what's happening in your world.
Speaker 14: Fifty five KRC, The talkstations.
Speaker 1: It's seven five here fifty five k r C the talk station. Try to have a happy Monday. And to the subject matter we've been focusing on this morning, rather disgusting and horrific. And to talk about that subject matter, of course, the fight over the weekend, the severe beatdown of a man as well as the cole cocking, just punching of what a seemingly innocent bystander trying to help out render assistance knocked the ground. To speak to that matter, the FOP president Ken Kober returns to the morning show. Chief or President of the Sin Saint's Fraternal or Police. It's great to have you back on, Ken. I wish it was under better circumstances, but I appreciate your willingness to speak with my listeners of me about this.
Speaker 12: Sure, good morning, Brian, thanks for having me Now.
Speaker 1: The one puzzling thing THREESA Tiji, the chief of police said something to the effect that she wasn't even aware that this had happened until she saw the viral video the following day or that day. Later in the day, about six pm, she issued a statement. This was three o'clock in the morning. I guess post concert there are about ninety thousand people downtown for the concert. Presumably folks went to the bars and the Dora district there afterwards, and we're still milling around downtown. That seems to be an area where you might expect the chief or whoever's responsible for allocating resources to have police presence. There doesn't appear to be any police involved in the era, even in the area. Can you speak to that, Ken, Well.
Speaker 15: You know, you had a lot going on downtown. Go, of course, we're spread thin. There's only so many of us to go around. You know, we get calls for service and we end up.
Speaker 12: Responding to them.
Speaker 15: I mean, that's uh, not the only way you can put It was three in the morning, so all the events have wrapped up from from music fest, and then it was just another another night of the bar downtown.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, well, well I guess did It was reported in multiple news outlets there was only one nine to one one call. Is that accurate?
Speaker 12: I believe there were two or three.
Speaker 15: But yes, I mean you would think something like this that many people there, But yeah, there, I mean, so few people call nine one one, and you know, I talked about it over the weekend.
Speaker 12: It's it's disgusting.
Speaker 15: That you had people that would rather just watch in videotape rather than you know, if you don't want to get involved in completely understand, call the police, you know, because we can't be everywhere and unless we know something's going on.
Speaker 12: You know, you can't get there.
Speaker 15: But the fact that people just stood around and then didn't, I mean, there were a couple of people that finally tried, you know, to diffuse the situation after or the a guy in the grounds getting kicked in the head thirty forty times, and.
Speaker 12: Then I guess they decided that was enough.
Speaker 9: Then.
Speaker 15: I mean, it's just an absolute mob mentality and it's nonsense. This kind of thing shouldn't be happening in our society.
Speaker 1: No question about it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I understand you're working to identify ever, but he's involved quite a few videos floating around. But I also understand that city cameras are in or in the area. Are there cameras mounted close by to where this unfolded.
Speaker 15: There are cameras there, you know, whether it captured it. Some of these cameras are on like an oscillating system. So that's all be all part of the investigation. And these investigators have been working around the clock, you know, to not only identify them, but then to find.
Speaker 12: Out why did this happen.
Speaker 15: You know, there's a lot of speculation as to you know, who started it, who didn't start it. But at the end of the day, what could have started out as a mutual fight that ends when you're on the ground and you're getting stomped, Yeah, fifteen twenty people, when you're defenseless, that that's not a mutual fight.
Speaker 12: That is just a savage.
Speaker 1: Attack, without question, And I honestly, and when you put it in that context, it doesn't matter what started the who started the fight. It could have been a guy that got the ultimate beat down and was almost murdered that night, But does it really matter if he's the one that started the whole altercation between one other person, It shouldn't at a wit so there was reported Local twelve reported Christianhauser has headlined police union leaders she was talking to you, I guess says several suspects identified in brutal downtown since I attack. Have the police actually identified some of the suspects because there's no specific reporting in the bulk of the article that says just that.
Speaker 15: Oh, No, they've identified several people already.
Speaker 12: Good been getting tips. You know that they can use video cameras.
Speaker 15: That's great, you know the people that want to instead of calling the police, I want to sit there and videotape this stuff and then put it on the internet.
Speaker 12: It's fantastic because at.
Speaker 15: Least they were doing something, because now it makes it a lot easier when the police have several different angles to be able to identify some of these perpetrators. Yes, there have been people identified. They're still looking to identify more people. So why we've asked, you know, people either call crime stoppers or call the Central Business Section three five two five four four five as the investigator's line number to be able to get the rest of these people identified.
Speaker 12: So hopefully we'll get them all criminally charged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's easy to lament the idea that people just stand around a video camera things. I personally don't understand that. It doesn't matter my position relative that the last thing I ever think of is pulling my phone out to even take a picture at a family event. But this is very helpful for law enforcement. So even if you're not willing to make a phone call to the police and say Hey, that was my brother in law that punched that woman in the face. But at least they took a video of it, so it helped you identify them. But that the component that really bothers me so much. We live in a world where we're willing to alienate family members over politics and not answer the phone or call them up anymore and end ties with them. If you're hanging out with or otherwise friends or relatives to someone who would do something as horrific as just walk up and punch a woman right in the face or otherwise kick a man while he's obviously incapacitated him down, that's not somebody I'd want to hang out with. And that's someone I'd be more than happy to drop a dime on, oh, without a doubt.
Speaker 15: And you know, and you talk about this time after time after time with juvenile violence, adult violence, but what I saw on social media this weekend, there were there were a group of people that were actually trying to defend this guy being savagely beaten and then this woman getting knocked out. People are trying to defend it, saying, oh, this is okay and this is why, and it's like and then kids see this and they're seeing grown adults trying to justify these savage attacks, and that's exactly why we are where we are as a society.
Speaker 12: It's it's quite honestly, it's really disgusting.
Speaker 1: It is thoroughly disgusting. And while I am happy that some of the community leaders came out and spoke to this, we had, you know, some council people at Mark Jefferies I think was outspoken on and he said they need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. As this morning and Joe and I both did separate internet searches. Not a word from the mayor. What's your reaction to that? Ken? The silence is deafening, well exactly.
Speaker 15: I mean, you have the Vice mayor that's come out, council members, chief has talked about this, and absolutely nothing from the mayor.
Speaker 12: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't either, So solutions, I mean a lot of people calling in making fun of the whole idea of where were the drones? Where were the drones? Sort of tongue in cheek like what could a drone do? Anyway? But in terms of what you would hope to be a reaction to this, I mean, I think it represents an ultimate opportunity for us as a city to turn the page on lacks law enforcement and project ourselves to the nation because this made national headlines. Man, and actually it was reported globally a couple of global newspapers it included this in it as well. But for us to finally step up collectively from the mayor through council, the prosecutor's office, and maybe get these judges to start paying attention, we need to be a law and order city in order to counterbalance this, this really negative perception of the city of Cincinnati being a place filled with violence.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, the only way that these things are going to stop is if the people are actually held accountable and they put them all in prison. That then that will send a message to the public that if you come down here and you act like this, there are going to be consequences. They are going to be real consequences, and you're going to go to prison. That and only then is when we will actually maybe see some of this stuff stop. But until then, I mean, they believe right now there's no consequences.
Speaker 12: That's why they do these things. And they said they.
Speaker 15: Know they're on camera they know it's likely that they're going to get identified. But if they're not held accountable, this will continue. I'd love to see a headline six months or a year from now, four people sent to prison for this brutal attack.
Speaker 12: Yes, that is what will send a message to the public.
Speaker 1: Well, and quite a few conversations here in the Morning show this morning about use of deadly force. You know, if you're in that guy situation, you obviously are in fear for your life. You're obviously experiencing grievous bodily harm. Many people suggest that, well, if he had a firearm, he might have been to defend himself. You're in a very busy public area. Now, that does not negate the ability to use deadly force, but it creates an opportunity for maybe an innocent bystander to get harmed in some way. But your take on the justification for use of deadly force had that guy been armed, Yeah.
Speaker 12: I mean it absolutely would have been justified.
Speaker 15: You know, you're being surrounded by ten to fifteen people kicking your head, stomping you.
Speaker 12: You kick somebody in the head, you're stomping on their head.
Speaker 15: You are clearly trying to cause them serious physical harm. You have the right to defend yourself. You know, maybe that's what needs to happen. Maybe that's for people to realize that you can't do this again.
Speaker 1: That's exactly where I hope you were going to conclude not only severe punishment from the authorities and prosecution to the fullest extent of the law as an illustration of what's going to happen to you, but maybe a member of the public defending themselves would edley for some of those circumstances, reminding the rest of the population that, yeah, there are a whole bunch of armed people out there and this might be a really, really bad idea.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean that that's the only that's other than you know, the headlines of these people going to prison. That's the only other way that people are going to start thinking twice before they.
Speaker 1: Act this way. FOP President cam Cover, God bless you, sir, keep up the great work. And you know the fifty five KRS morning show listeners have the Cincinnta Police departments back and we'll be happy to drop a dime if we have information that might lead to an arrest. Three five two thirty forty Crime Stoppers in number. Take care Ken, stay well, my friend.
Speaker 12: All right, thanks for Hammy, Bran's always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Take care seven to fifteen right now, if you have Care City Talks Station, Gee, I wonder what Christopher Smitheman is going to talk about in his Smither event seven twenty If you have care CEV Talk station, A very happy Monday to you made always extra special happy because this is the point of the week we get to talk to the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smitheman, and let him unload and vent his planning the Smither Vent.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 1: I wonder what you're going to talk about today. Welcome back, Christopher Smitherman. It's great to have you on as always.
Speaker 9: Brian Thomas, I've been listening to your show since five am, and I tell you we've been You and I have been talking about this all summer. Yeah, you and I are not surprised because we've been talking about this crime wave that is happening and things were just going to get worse. I'm the outgoing vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. I've never seen anything like this. And when I'll share with first with the public, you're listening audience. What should the mayor be doing? What would be normal? A normal would be a press conference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a normal.
Speaker 9: Would be a statement. A normal would be a press conference with law enforcement surrounding you, including the ATF, the FBI, the Justice Department, with the videos, with some type of money behind it, saying I want you to identify.
Speaker 3: Who these people are.
Speaker 1: The reward video.
Speaker 9: Running you're circling, here's the reward for everybody. Here's fifty thousand, here's fifty thousand, here's But what they really are out there worried about, which is so.
Speaker 3: Sick is the money.
Speaker 9: They're so interested in the music festival and the money.
Speaker 3: So let me just say that.
Speaker 4: Listen to that.
Speaker 9: If they don't know who did it, how do they know.
Speaker 3: It's not connected to the music festival.
Speaker 9: If they haven't arrested anybody, if they haven't gone down and done any interviews, how can they publicly say that those who are involved in the incident, the beating, the attack, the attempted murder were not connected to the music festival. They don't know, so they're jumping out saying, hey man, this has nothing to do with the music festival. However, I'm just I think the attack was horrible. Look where the hell.
Speaker 3: Is the of the city of Cincinnati. Yeah, that's act what we have to ask ourselves right now.
Speaker 1: As of this morning, we can find nothing by way of reporting a statement from mayor. I have to have pur ball, zero, zip, nada. Hell, we have heard from at least some of the council members. We heard from the Vice mayor. We've heard from Bernie Moreno, We've heard from the Bank Ramaswami, We've heard from Elon Musk has even commented on this. You got people coming to the woodwork on a national level, and yet nothing from the mayor.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 9: And the crazy thing about it, Bryan Thomas, is these are the kinds of moments when you're an elected official, that define you, like we're in that moment. The other thing I want to stress is this wasn't the only attack. No other videos are surfacing, and there will be most likely more videos that are surfacing. I saw a video, and this is maybe what West West Side Jim and you were talking about, of a white male who was just punched in the face.
Speaker 3: He was knocked out.
Speaker 9: He was then drugged to the middle of the street where in front of a car while people are videotaping him and laughing and mocking him and kicking him like he was a piece of meat or an animal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this happened on video.
Speaker 9: It had It didn't look like it was connected at all to the incident that we're talking about. There are other incidents that occurred in downtown Cincinnati. There were multiple attacks. There were multiple attacks against white citizens. This is a hate.
Speaker 1: Crime, yeah, you know that. On that on that specific when Christopher, you can almost easily come to that conclusion. And I'm not one to immediately say, hey, it's a hate crime or it's racially motivated. But the video camera was already recording. There was nothing going on that would justify, at least in my mind, to have a video camera running unless you knew that that guy was going to do a knockout game incident. So you're filling up the plain old white guy mining his own business, and then all of a sudden, this other guy comes up and just plot bam right in the face, like you said, and then drugman in the street, all recorded on video. How is it that the person recording it new to have the video camera running on that guy at that particular moment in time it was a setup.
Speaker 9: It's absolutely a setup. And you heard someone actually say something along this This isn't the exact quote, but don't walk outside at night. You shouldn't be here at night. You shouldn't be here, meaning the person is verbally telling him this is not your city.
Speaker 3: This is the.
Speaker 9: Craziness of defund the police, reimagine the police. It's a culture of city hall Brian Thomas that we've been talking about. This mayor has fully embraced that mentality. So the police department they don't support him because they're worried that if they go out and engain guess what, they're gonna be prosecuted, They're gonna lose everything, They're gonna be drug on CNN, even though CNN doesn't show this, if an officer had responded, or if one of those citizens who was being beat up had a weapon and took a life. Now, all of a sudden, we are on CNN.
Speaker 3: The last thing.
Speaker 9: Before we go to break is I know we've got to go, but look.
Speaker 3: Let's reverse this.
Speaker 9: Let's say that there was a middle age African American citizen couple walking down the street. They were surrounded by white people. They were mocking them. There was some kind of discussion and all of a sudden a fight breaks out and a mob sits. A white mob beats up a middle age white couple in the middle of the street. They drag them out, they kick them in the head, and then they punched the woman in the faith and knock her out cold where she looks like she did. It was a tempted murder. Tell me that city Hall this the rest of the country, Al Sharpen, you name them, the NAACP, the Urban League would not be in downtown Cincinnati demanding justice.
Speaker 1: Seventh thirty You coming to with a seventh thirty one to fifty by KRCV talk station of amadcent Monday. Brian Timas here with Christopher Smith in the middle of the Smith event. I just got a comment from one of my listeners, Christopher real quick. I don't want to interrupt what your train of thought is, but he suggested that maybe aftab Perwall is too concerned about the black vote coming up this November than to stand up with the CBS, since I Police Department, FBI, anybody else who might be involved with this from a law enforcement standpoint. But my reaction is, since you are a member of the black community, Christopher, what's your perception about how this looks or how this makes the black community look. If I was a member of the black community, I'd be pissed off about this. I would be embarrassed. I'd say, you're bringing me down, You're making me look bad, You're making me look to be as part of this of the problem. This isn't who we are as a people.
Speaker 9: Christopher, Well, unfortunately we live in this world where identity politics are like the menu. So let me first just say ninety nine point nine to nine percent of African Americans to get up every day and go to work for law abiding citizens and are not connected to this craziness. They believe that it's absolutely nuts. They're incredibly embarrassed by it, absolutely period.
Speaker 3: All Right.
Speaker 9: If this were a white people, I would say I would think that they would also be saying they're very embarrassed by this kind of behavior. So the bottom line is African Americans who are who have seen this, who have watched it, are absolutely saying that it was absolutely horrific. Period, It's absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, number two, let me say clearly that if we had a mayor, which I'm not sure if we have one. If we had a mayor, the mayor would have extended his deepest condolences to the victims. Oh yes, he would have found the woman, He would have found the man.
Speaker 3: He would have.
Speaker 9: Found those three or four or five or seven other victims and gone to their bedside, gone to their homes, gone to the hospital, spoken to their families. He doesn't have a heart. He's worried about his next election. This is why I supported David Mann in the last election, because I said, listen, I just want a mayor who cared about Cincinnati. This guy only cares about his next position. That's it. We don't have a mayor, and it's why I'm supporting Corey Bowman. I'm gonna get real political because that's part of the penicillin. People go, oh Man, Smitham is getting political. We have an election in November. If you vote for this guy, you're voting for what you saw downtown. Don't blame me, blame yourself. Look in the mirror. You are the problem citizens in Paddock Hills and Clifton right in some of our more liberal parts of our community. In Paddock Hills, if you and pleasant Ridge, if they go in and vote for this mayor, and you saw what happened downtown, right.
Speaker 3: This is an incident that makes you, as far as.
Speaker 9: A mayor unqualified to serve. If I had the ability to put a petition on the ground to recall him, I would, And everybody knows I'm great at petitions. I'd have a petition on the ground this week to recall this guy. He is absolutely incompetent and should not be serving as the mayor of the city of Cincinnati. That's where we are, and we have we have liberals out here in the media say, oh, man, Corey Bowman's of a brother is uh is the is the brother of the Vice president of the United States of America. What does that have to do with anything. I have four brothers. My brothers and I are not the same. I have one sister. We're not the same. To act as if this this this talking point that the Democrats have, we are in a crisis community.
Speaker 3: This is serious.
Speaker 9: We have people that are walking down the street, Brian Thomas and I have been talking about it from the beginning of the summer, who are just being attacked for walking down the street. I believe that these citizens were attacked because they were white.
Speaker 3: I believe that.
Speaker 9: I believe it's a hate crime, and I think the solution is if I were the mayor, I would be calling Governor Mike L. Ryan right now, Governor. I need help. I need the National Guard in here. I want a National Guard person on every single corner. I want to call the State Highway Patrol in.
Speaker 4: We need you.
Speaker 9: I want to bring in the Sheriff's department. I need your help, right We've got to quell this before somebody else gets killed. And by the way, if you're a logical citizen, you're and you have a firearm like I do, you're gonna arm yourself this morning, because you're not gonna go out there and take this kind of beat down and have your wife or your girl friend, or your daughter or your niece knocked out.
Speaker 4: That picture is so horridic.
Speaker 9: The way she fell hit the ground, her eyes went still, blood was pouring out of her mouth. Oh my god. I was like in tears when I saw that this is a human being and you have people making fun of her. There was one woman who went there, put her hand behind her head and pulled her up. There was a good Samaritan who intervened. I thank her for that. There was a citizen in the other video who walked out in front of the car where the white man had been drugs in the middle of the street, having been knocked out. He looked like he was trying to protect him. Another good Samaritan. The reality of it is is that this was attempted murder. That's what it was. We need the justice department. I don't want this in the common police court because they'll let him out. I don't want it downtown in Hamilton County because those judges will let him out. I want this in federal court. I want everybody involved, including those who are videotaped the whole incident. It's like driving in a car Brian Thomas and a robbery.
Speaker 4: It is happening.
Speaker 9: You're the driver and there's a person there who's robbing.
Speaker 3: Both of you go to tail. Both of you are a part of the crime.
Speaker 9: If you're videotaping it and someone is being murdered in front of you, you are a part of the crime. All of them, all of their cell phones should be confiscated. We should have them all in federal court. Based the people who actually were doing the kicking, like they were kicking that man in his head like he was a football. All of them should be facing twenty years to life in prison in federal court. This was a hate crime. I don't want six months, I don't want one week. I want twenty years to life.
Speaker 1: Well, this is on the radar. The US Department of Justice Civil Rights Division HAMI. Dillon, who is the Assistant Attorney General, issued a statement online saying nobody in a great nation should be the victim of such a crime, and where race is a motivation, federal law may apply. So, yeah, that's true. Maybe the Feds will get involved. We need a little more questions answered on what started this and whether or not race was a factor in it, but it certainly is easy to reach that conclusion. Right now. Let's bring Christopher back for a few more words. Seven here fifty five karasd talk station. He's always on fire, particularly riled up this morning. My good friend and friend of the community, former Vice mayor of the City of Sincinnati, Christopher Smith, with his thoughts, and Smith had been with his thoughts and comments on the violence over the weekend. Christopher, you know someone brought up you mentioned in your comments the NAACP and someone this morning suggested, you know what, that's a very influential, powerful organization. They've got a lot of credibility, they have a lot of contacts, and this will be a great opportunity for the NAACP to issue a statement as well about the violence in the city and maybe a call to stop it, change it, work with the police, do something to push the city in the right direction. You were former president of the NAACP Cincinnati Chapter, Christopher, what's your reaction to that kind of thought.
Speaker 9: I serve for seven years, and we at that time were the largest chapter in the state of Ohio under my presidency, and anybody who came to our meetings, anybody listening knew that I didn't play, meaning had to have law order to the meetings respectful, just like I served when I was Chair of Law and Public Safety. And there's no question that if I were the president, that already would have been a statement condemning what happened Number one, Number two, asking the community to cooperate with the police period right and extending my deepest condolences.
Speaker 3: To the victims.
Speaker 9: Meaning if we're having a music festival downtown and you're the n DOUBLEACP, you're the local Cincinnati in DOUBLEACP, this is an opportunity for you to show balance. By the way, let me remind the Cincinnati in DOUBLEACP that it was founded by white Americans, Jewish Americans, and African Americans. That's what made the n doubleac HE so powerful. So this is an opportunity for them to show balance, to be able to say, man, something horrible happens. I'm not going to just make put my voice in when I see African Americans that are harmed by racism or violence or injustice, I'm going to focus on injustice. I'm going to allow injustice to drive my policies at the NAACP, not race. The reality of this is that we have a situation where white citizens were targeted in downtown Cincinnati. We have an administration who is more worried about the money loss, meaning the festival itself. The comments. If someone gets on your show and says the attacks had nothing to do with the festival, everybody should ask, how do you know that? If you've not arrested anybody and you don't know who is there, You don't know who these people are, you don't even know what they're from, the City of Cincinnati so don't make those proclamations. Their job right now is to find out who did it and arrest them and charge them federally in court. Again, I want to emphasize because people say whether the solution, the solution is not putting them in Hamilton County just with a hate crime. Build your case. Hold people accountable. Now if they fail to do this, here's what's going to happen. Citizens from the suburbs are not coming into downtown.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, my wife used to go to them. My wife used to go to the festivals because you know, she loved like Earth Wind and Fire and those bands, and she and one of her girlfriends used to go fairly regularly. There is no way in hell you could get her to go down anymore, not a chance in hell.
Speaker 9: Or your beautiful daughter, oh or anybody that you love, your mom or anybody.
Speaker 3: And I'm the same way.
Speaker 9: I literally sent a message out months ago to my kid. We have a text change. Nobody go downtown. Don't even drive through downtown. I am very concerned about a city council that seems to have lost the city. Meaning if you look in Clifton. It's now gone into the gaslight district where you have eighty to one hundred people just in the street blocking the fire department so they can't even get out. That's why Stephen Gooden is running for city council as a charter right, and I support him. He's a really good guy and people should vote for.
Speaker 3: Him, right.
Speaker 9: That's why I'm supporting Linda Matthews, she's running for city council. I don't care about what somebody's party is right now. We've got to put confidence in people down there, and we've got to elect the mayor. And why I support Corey Bowman.
Speaker 3: I just want to change.
Speaker 9: Brian Thomas, I'm not going to go in and vote the same way so that next year, this time, you and I next summer are talking about the same krit craziness where we have a mayor who's absent. I'm going to say, as we close, where the hell is the mayor? We've got Eli Musk weighing in on this, Brian Thomas.
Speaker 3: You've got Brian Thomas.
Speaker 9: Wing in on this, right, and we don't hear from mayor pure Ball at all.
Speaker 1: Well, my astute executive producer, as he's a genius guy is he just reminded me and I think it's worth noting. Guess what's coming up Octoberfest and Riverfest.
Speaker 9: Not worried about the money. They're worried about the money, Brian termas they're not worried about what they should be focused on, which is they've lost control of our fifty two neighborhoods, which includes one of those being Downtown. I'm letting you know how the politician thinks. This mayor believes that he can hide, he can wait this out. He doesn't want to come out publicly because he's worried about pissing off African Americans. If the mayor's office is listening. You think so little of us as African Americans that you think we would support this craziness that you think that law abiding African American citizens that live in the city of Cincinnati would not vote for you because you say that people were indiscriminately attacked violently downtown who absolutely was a You think that that's where the African American community is and we can't find you with a search war It tells you what he really thinks.
Speaker 3: About us, which it's not a lot.
Speaker 9: You don't think a lot about us if you think that standing in front of a mic condemning this, that African American voters are gonna say, oh man, we're now not gonna vote for you. We're searching for leadership, just like the white community, the Latino community, the Asian community. We have an incompetent mayor. We have a council that is absent if this had happened to say, what's the solution.
Speaker 3: What would be a.
Speaker 9: Normal reaction from city Hall? We are holding right now, calling an emergency meeting at City Hall, Chair of Law and Public Safety. We're gonna bring the police, chep in. We're gonna bring the FBI in. We're gonna bring the ATF in. We're gonna bring in the fans who could prosecute this, the attorney general. We're gonna make sure that we are all on the same page and we reassure the citizens that we are on top of it. Guess what nowhere to be found. It's not gonna happen because they're more concerned about the November election. And guess what, citizens who are listening, You go in and vote for these same people, you're gonna get the same You're gonna get the same result.
Speaker 3: That's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Not pulling any punches today is typically the case. Christopher Smithman, thank you so so much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much for putting a voice to this, because if you had not done it, if you know you were watching it, the local media wasn't covering it at all. It was like it never happened. Yes, if Brian Thomas isn't on the morning from five to nine telling us what the hell is going on in our city, there are a lot of times, to your listening audience, we wouldn't even know what was going on. So thank you Brian Thomas for giving us a voice.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure to dealing. It's better pleasure to be in a position to do so. Christopher, and I appreciate the great comments you always provide for my audience every Monday. I'll look forward to another one next Monday and hopefully maybe something better to talk about. We'll find out then, Christopher, God bless you, my friend.
Speaker 9: Thank you hear about it and then yea, the Epstein hoaps, these fellows have to be released talking about it.
Speaker 1: I want to know the truth.
Speaker 16: People say same.
Speaker 1: On fifty five KRCD talk station to Shiabato six right now, but you buy par CD talk station. I hope you're having a decent Monday. Always a good time to be listening to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Moving away from some of the more tragic incidents going here in downtown Cincinnati over the weekend, there's still other things going on in the world. We still got to worry about money, and we need to worry about the Federal Reserve hiking interest rates or lowering interest rates. Welcome back from all Worth Financial Brian James, do another edition of Money Monday.
Speaker 17: Good morning, mister Thomas, thanks for having me once again.
Speaker 1: All right, all I've heard and I know the Trump administration wants the Fed to lower the interest rates. There have been discussions about maybe reducing it by twenty five bases points. Nobody's really talking about raising it. But there was an interesting article today and if we haven't seen it, I'll refer you to it. Don't rule out a rakehike by William Silver, who's written on matters economic and written books before. He said someone at the meeting should say the might have to raise its target rate at some point during the year. Noting that unemployment rate remains pretty dang low, but the rate of inflation is still somewhat elevated, suggesting, in his words, if anything, the target interest rates should be higher to push down inflation. No, here, I haven't heard anybody talk about that prior to my reading this article this morning. Was either going to stay the same or it was going to get lowered. What do you think, Brian James.
Speaker 17: Well, yeah, I think it's pretty tough for folks to go against the grain here. You know, you look a lot of these political voices, and unfortunately, like it or not, a lot of them are tied to President Trump, and he's of course advocating for the opposite and has been doing that very loudly for basically the last decade. So yeah, it is a little bit surprising to hear it, to hear anybody come out against, you know, the idea of lowering rates. Some people still see inflation out there. We've got we've got some good headlines over the weekend related to tariff that we're going to get to here and shortly. But you know, we haven't beaten the inflation monster yet completely one hundred percent, but we made a lot of progress there, So, yeah, I would agree with you. I'm not sure I see the benefit or the risk. I mean, maybe it's a topic to talk about. That's why there's only a handful of voices, you know, out that about that. There are a few people out there, you know, Neil Kashkari and the Minneapolis Fed. He has hinted that he's open to leaving the door open for another hike if we still see price pressures resuming. Cleveland FED Representative Loredamester said similar, she's just really tight on None of them are as vocal as this individual is. But you know, I really only hear it in hints. Otherwise, well it was noted again. I'm going back to this, mister silber guy. Congress has to pay the government's bills, right, so it too likes low interest rates. So this low interest rates doesn't really bear a political stripe. Low interest rates are if you ignore the inflationary reality that might exist. I mean, Democrats, Republicans, independence, communists, everybody enjoys the benefits of lower interest rates, if for no other reason it tends to have an impact on what somebody pays for a home in the mortgage rate. Yeah, and that of course is where we feel at the most. That's we've had a lot of home buyers. If you've bought a home in the last four or five years, then yes, you are paying probably six to seven percent. Ironically, I did get an email over the weekend from a client who was asking if we should borrow against the home to invest in the market. And first off, that is the sign of a market, of a market top and people start thinking that way. But I think he's not a person who has a mortgage right now. He's not dealing with he's considering putting one back in place, and I think he has forgotten, as a lot of people have, that rates for people who are putting mortgages in place are in the six to seven percent range. It's not the three to four space or the two space that we were in just a few years ago. So I do think there's a big difference between people who aren't dealing with mortgages and those who are.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a really important thing to focus on that very point, because you're going to have to get north of seven percent ROI in order to cover the no on what you borrowed to put in the market. So that's that's not always guaranteed, is it, Brian James.
Speaker 17: Oh no, yeah, we talk about that a lot here at my little table when we discussed my names, plans and market history and all that. And and I know why, of course, it's because ever since twenty two the market has been on an absolute tear. We've had some you know, very nerve wracking drops in things with the election and the policies that President Trumps put in place, but all in all, the market's been up significantly and strongly. We always get to a point there where people just kind of lose that last bit of defensiveness in terms of you know this, this can't go on forever. Well, when that disappears, we start thinking about things like mortgaging the house to invest a little more. And that's just and usually it's people who don't really need that in.
Speaker 1: The first place.
Speaker 17: So I got a call to make this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Well, these these folks at the FED, I mean, they don't I mean, they're not tea leaf readers, and they can't see into the future. They don't know which directions it's going to go in terms of the economy. They're just really playing a guessing game, aren't they.
Speaker 17: Well, I mean there are some of the smartest brains we have out there on this and they and they do have to you know, somebody has to actually make decisions and push buttons and pull levers that will have an impact good, bad, or indifferent, and those people are under a lot of stress. President Trump always has the ability, He's got the advantage of being able to change his mind on a dime. And as we've seen, you know it just in just in this administration, and we saw it a couple of ministrations ago in his first go round. He can do whatever he wants from day to day and everybody else has to deal with it. On the other hand, those representing the Federal Reserve making those decisions, they will not be able to raise rates today and then lower them tomorrow the way tariff Trump is handling things like Tariff's.
Speaker 1: Right, And they also don't have any obligation to listen to what Trump wants. I mean again, I go back to do The one thing I always stuck in my mind was the Carter administrations and their epic battle with who was it green Span or Vulcar Vulcanulker, and I mean, come on, interest rates were just through the blanket roof and you know, Carter was screaming, please, dear God, lower the interest rates. They ignored him.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and his the approach he took, you know that, that's what they call the Vulcar rule, right, they named a rule after him. But yeah, he fought inflation so fiercely and it hurt a lot. That was a significant recession. But now as we as we look at it, that's considered a benchmark of just a bold, aggressive way to conquer inflation, even though it was unpopular and not very popular, you know, politically. Even so, it did cost some lesser politicians their roles. But Paul Volker has looked at as a pretty smart dude nowadays for having done that. Well, fought the fought against the tide of people who don't like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, obviously it worked because it came down eventually, right.
Speaker 17: Yes, And then think about deeper history than that, And then that launched a period of about twenty years, the eighties and the nineties, where really nothing bad happened. I mean, that's a bit of an overstatement, but my gosh, when I think of the prior twenty years that we've been through since the turn of the century and the eighties and the nineties. Eighties and the nineties were the anomaly, Brian. We had a long period of time where where there's a lot of people with money now who that's the period that they made it in. And those folks conclude that the anomaly has been the last twenty years where we've had a whole bunch of crazy. But really, if you look over the couple hundred quarter millennium of the history of this country, it's actually the eighties and the nineties that were probably about the beast period we've ever had.
Speaker 1: And do you think and I always have this weird sort of I don't like mc mansions for a multitude of reasons. I'm not I listen one man with one opinion, it doesn't matter. But the size of houses have just gotten very, very large for the past several decades. Do you think that it's because of low interest rates that it had an impact on, you know, the size and the and how much people invested in any given home. Because if you had to pay, like exam what my wife and I paid and we got our first home, you probably wouldn't be looking at large and giant. You'd be looking at something maybe a little bit more efficient and affordable.
Speaker 17: So I'll give you this example. So this is what happened to me in terms of when I was looking for my first mortgage about thirty years ago, when we were first getting settled in the mortgage loan originator and I was working for a bank at the time, mortgage loan originator. The discussion was about how much can I afford? How many square feet can I buy for whatever fits my budget. It had nothing to do nobody asked you have kids, you plan on having kids, how many kids? How big of a house? They said, here's what you can afford right now, based on interest rates. And of course, remember who's pulling the strings, who benefits The banks of course were and this was a period of time where we had run up to a financial crisis in two thousand and eight based on mortgages. Banks were looking under every stone for every last opportunity to take advantage of the fact that people were really excited about low interest rates. So yes, absolutely, Brian. Of course we were encouraged from a thousand different points about just buy a bigger home because you can afford it.
Speaker 1: And as a financial planner, there was always like a figure you shouldn't be spending more on x percent, more than x percent of your annual earnings on home ownership. Is there a figure that we can think about and look to it as a good guidance still to this day.
Speaker 17: I mean, it's just gotten a little fuzzier because some of the numbers that worked thirty years ago don't work anymore, just because wages have not risen as fast as homes. So I would go back to what I always say, and you say this on my behalf as well, have a plan, Understand what you can get away with, Understand what you are responsible for in the first place. And I would put a very heavy emphasis on your own retirement. Focus on your own retirement, building that nest egg. Then figure out what the mortgage payment should be. Don't focus on the giant house the way we did in the late nineties and early two thousands, and then worry about your four oh one K. That's gonna work against you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just remember the bigger than homing. Buy the more furniture you're gonna have your bib timy bill doesn't stop with the interest right now, It sure doesn't. I've been to a lot of houses with a lot of empty rooms. Don't go away We'll continue with Brian James talking about the tariff deal. Looks like dumps. I gotta win with European Union or is it China on the plate as well? Plus corporate earnings are coming out this week. Or with Brian James at Tate fifteen right now, I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: Our iHeart read Hey, nineteen fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Another segment here with money Monday's Brian James from all Worth Financial. We're gonna hear from Rabbi Ari jun on the robling Bridge protest. He'll be in studio next. Let's stuff these last two topics into one segment. Brian James tariff deal with the EU. We got a fifteen percent tariff deal, many reviewing it positively, a promise of six hundred billion dollars in investment for the European Union in the United States over time, seven hundred and fifty billion dollars worth of their energy purchases from the United States over time, and apparently hundreds of billions of dollars in arms purchases, making the military industrial complex very happy. We also had him negotiate a deal with Japan as well, and he's sitting down to talk with China. I guess beginning maybe today, what's your take on the tariffs?
Speaker 17: Brian, Well, this is all good news in terms of it answers the question. We all know that the market and the economy really, really really super hate the unknown.
Speaker 1: Yes, in futures.
Speaker 17: As we're talking about this right now, I think you're doing a whole bunch of nothing. Yep, that's true. So pretty quiet on the market and what that looks like. The reason that's a good thing, obviously, is because it means we're not spooked about things. A question has been answered. So the headline is the US and EU are at a deal now at fifteen percent tariffs on steel and aluminum, and so that's going to prevent this larger trade war from happening. And the threat there was that the original Trump era tariffs were going to come back twenty five percent on steel and ten percent aluminum, and so this is going to replace a twenty twenty one deal that paused the tariffs and those were going to expire anyway, and so that this is all everybody wants to make sure we don't have an overcapacity situation, and so we're just out of situation where we've answered the question and we can kind of get to move on a little bit. That is good news. Not everybody in Europe is happy, of course, right because you know, some of these countries didn't have any kind of the tariffs levied against the United States. So this is we're we're kind of taking the first shots against them. But the US is just throwing its weight around, and the EU at the moment has acquiesced and conceded a decent amount of the United States.
Speaker 1: Well, at least it shows we still have some weight. Brian.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and that's a little bit of a relief, isn't it. It is you know, we may have started to feel briefly there like we may have overshot and maybe we're a little overly confident in how much the rest of the world has to rely on the United States. Well, this is a couple of check marks in the good column.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that some more think, okay, fine, fifteen percent a lot better than fifty And I know VW has been hit really hard, as has some others BMW, Mercedes and other German carmakers at twenty seven and a half percent U of tariff, so they get a little relief from that. But what about the concept of zero for zero?
Speaker 17: Well, I think that what do we just say, though that doesn't throw the United States weight around, right? We want to impose our will on the rest of the world, you know, good, bad or in different Not everybody agrees that this is the right approach, but that's what we elected in November. And remember where we all where this all started. One of the very first topics that came up was all countries are going to start to pay what they committed to in terms of supporting NATO and support supporting those military alliances. This is just the next phase of the same thing. The United States was able to force those countries, and those were things that they had all agreed to and simply not held up on what they had signed off on years ago. In the United States picked up the tab because we deemed it more important to have that in place, and the other countries just relied on the fact that we would step in and they were right. So this, I think is the tit for tat to me, this is the zero for zero. We forced other countries to pay their share, and this is how we're getting back on the other end.
Speaker 1: The earnings report. It's earning season. Was supposed to be some earnings report coming out this week. According to the Reuters headline, it's AI good, Artificial intelligence good everything else. Yeah, not so much, Brian.
Speaker 17: So yeah, we had to have good runs. So the market's up as we're sitting here about eight percent. As we know, all that really matters. All we care about is not what our earnings. It's whether the analysts were right. So we always look at what the analyst said versus what's happening. So through last Friday, one hundred and sixty eight of our five hundred favored companies in the S and B five hundred have reported. Eighty two percent of them have beaten their profit in estimates, and we're about four and a half percent over second quarter last year. So that is all those are all good things. We're on a good run. A lot of it, yes, is being driven by AI, not only the companies that produce it, but companies that are taking advantage of it and using to using it to find new markets, create new products and make things more efficient.
Speaker 1: Well well, well, Brian James, question for you everybody talking about AI AI AI AI, you know, data centers being built, billions of dollars being spent, et cetera, et cetera. This sounds to me like the potential for a future bubble burst. Any comment on my thoughts along those lines.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, You know. I like to talk about catalysts all the time, right. The catalyst in the in the late nineties was the web itself, Yahoo and all those other names that we've all since forgotten about. Then after that it became real estate. After that it became the cloud. Remember we talked talked about the cloud fifteen years and now some we use every day. It was mobile devices and all that. This is just the latest thing that The best example I can give of that is is Covid. Remember when Covid was going to kill us all and was going to end the world. Well, no, it turned into a boon for companies like zoom In, companies like Dell who had to create enough stuff so that all Worth and all the companies that we're sending employees home could replicate desktops in the home environment. Everything that happens, good, bad and different winds up becoming a catalyst for someone to make a profit. And AI is no different.
Speaker 1: The entrepreneurial spirits live and well it's just working on the landscape that's been working, playing the hand that's been dealt and dealing with and coming up in new ways to do it. That's innovation right there. Brian James, always a pleasure to having you. I appreciate all worth loaning you out every Monday for this segment. I hope you have a wonderful week, my friend. I will talk to you in seven days A twenty five ify five K see the talk station. The retur of Rabbi ri June's gonna be talking about the Robling Bridge protests, which was in support of i'mom Amon Solomon, whom ice detained and then we had sort of a situation breakdown with people taking over the bridge resulting in police activity. Rabbi John on that subject and maybe even get him to comment on the situation unfolding between Israel and Gaza. Right now, stick around for the Rabbi. He'll be on next fifty five car the talk station. Channe first one to Weether four Kass. It's gonna be mostly cloudy day, isolated showers and they show up afternoon. It's gonna be high ninety two, low one hundred heat index, humid overnight muggy seventy six is low and cloudy, partly cloudy. Tomorrow hot humid ninety four with the heat index low one hundreds. Tuesday night partly cloudy, muggy seventy three, and on Wednesday another partly cloudy day with scattered showers and storms possible and a high of ninety two seventy six degrees. Right now, let's turn out to Chuck and get a traffic update from.
Speaker 18: The UCUP Tramphing Center, UC Health Weight Boss Center off vers Surgical and Medical ob City Care and Expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 1: That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three.
Speaker 18: They cleared the recks on seventy five, both the two seventy five and earl Linger and above Monroe. Traffic starting to get better in both set. Fan seventy five slows just a bit out of Wachman towards the lateral.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram and fifty five krc BE talk station say twenty nine fifty buck here see the talk station. Happy to look up and see in studio Rabbi Ari June. He's been here before to talk about some other topics, and good to see Rabbi, welcome back. Thank you.
Speaker 12: It's nice to be here.
Speaker 1: It's just always a pleasure engaging in the elevated conversation with you. Have a tremendous amount of respect for you. What you do remind my listeners your position in the community and why it would be you here discussing this matter, why you would comment about the Robling suspension bridge, which we'll get to in a moment.
Speaker 16: Absolutely so. I'm a rabbi in Cincinnati. I'm the senior rabbi of Temple Sholem, and I've been active in issues in this community. For gosh, I'm not a real native Cincinnati, but I've been here about fifteen years now, and there's been this whole situation going on over the last few weeks that started with the detention of any mom I'm in Solomon on some immigration related issues and has sort of taken on a life of its own, including this protest over at the Ropeling Bridge.
Speaker 1: Right now, I understand that people might protest ice detention of Aiman Solomon. We're engaged in multiple protests about immigration enforcement across this country. It's one of the biggest topics out there politically speaking. Your perception of the detention of i'man I'm in Solomon initially, where are you? Are you defending him? Do you think it was an appropriate detention before we get to what actually unfolded on the bridge as a consequence of the.
Speaker 16: Protest, Absolutely, you know, I will to cheat ahead a little bit. One of the things I think is really unfortunate about this protest at the Ropeling Bridge is it draws attention away from the actual issue, which is you know, this question about this particular detention of imm Solomon and immigration issues broadly. But so I'll pull back from that, right. We're definitely going to get to that, oh, I know, but to bring the attention to where I think it should be. You know, I Mom Solomon. We can only really speak with confidence I think here about who he has been as a member of our local community. You know, he's been in Cincinnati for years now, been working as a chaplain at Cincinnati Children's Hospital and in our community, which is what we can speak with confidence about. He's been a model member of Cincinnati. You know, he's the kind of guy who's shown up in the nick you and working with parents who are in dire situations with children or suffering. He has been to any member of the Jewish community, a real ally that's good, showed up at vigils to support Jews after October seventh, has you know, been there with rabbis and Cincinnati who run the whole spectrum from you know, from Reform to Orthodox and been a real friend and partner. Doesn't mean we agree on everything. We don't agree on everything, but that's you know, that's part of living in a pluralistic society is you can make friends with people with whom you have disagreements.
Speaker 1: So the I'm and obviously obviously not a Jewish person. He's not a river to the Sea kind of advocate.
Speaker 16: I think he's probably a critic of Israe in many regards, and there are Jews who make the same sort of criticism that he makes.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a lot of Jewish friends who also will make the same pass.
Speaker 16: It's okay to do that. But no, he's not the kind of person who's looking to wipe out all the Jews who live in Israel. One of the interesting thing about things about his case is that he has pushed against people trying to connect his particular situation right now, his detention and his immigration issues. He doesn't want that connected to the Israel Palestine debate. He's been pretty clear about that.
Speaker 1: Well, it shouldn't be.
Speaker 16: Well, no, he's not Palestinian. First of all, he is an Egyptian citizen who's been here on asylum. He, like many members of our global Muslim community, has a connection to the Palestinian community because they consider that, you know, part of their people, so to speak. But he sees a difference between some of these things. And yeah, he's not a River to the Sea kind of guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your point is, I think too many people and I catch myself if I find myself painting with too broad a brush, as they say, I'll call myself out on I wait a second, maybe I was paint with too broad a brush. Because you happen to be Muslim doesn't mean you hold a particular ideological perspective as it relates to the existence of Israel, or the eradication of Israel, or how you feel about the Jewish people. Generally speaking, the world's filled with opinions, and within the Muslim community there are many varied opinions, much in the same way you just pointed out there are many varied opinions within the Jewish community.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, and I there's something that strange that sometimes goes on which concerns me, which is sometimes there's this if you're Muslim, you're presumed guilty of anti Semitism until proven otherwise.
Speaker 12: Yes, and God, I hate it.
Speaker 16: I think it's probably clear to those who know me that I've dealt with plenty of issues of antisemitism personally and professionally in my life. I am defensive against anti Semitism. Yes, it does not mean that every person who's Muslim is anti Semitic. It doesn't mean every critic of Israel is anti Semitic. And I mom, Solomon certainly is not an anti Semite.
Speaker 1: All right, Well pause right now because we're gonna take a break. But I'm wondering what is the connection, because Rabbi I do not understand anti Semitism. To me, it's like racism. Why would you hate someone merely because of who they are the race of Jewish people? You just immediately think they're all bad and evil and they're worthy of some sort of form of hatred that's anti Semitism. Is there a direct correlation between this, this concept of anti Semitism, which I perceive to be the hatred or the antagonism or evil toward Jewish people generally speaking, or is it based upon the existence and creation of the State of Israel. Let's just delve on that A little good bridge to the bridge should perfect. I'm glad you perceive it to be that way. It's a thirty five Rabbi Ari John in the studio will continue after these brief words.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: It's Summertari jun in studio, trying to unpack the problems of the world. We were talking about anti Semitism generally speaking. Of course, this on the heels of i'mm Aiman Solomon's detention by Ice. Obviously a well respected man in the community. You mentioned some of his attributes. He's very helpful, he's a bridge crosser, he reaches across the aisle, works well with the Jewish community and other communities. Has done some great work. So before we get to his trials and tribulations, addressing my question mark, because as I say that, I don't understand the hatred of a person for merely being of a particular race, and so I can't hate you for being a Jew, just in and of itself. There are people out in the world who hate black people just because they're black. That makes no sense to me either. You know, I'm like a you know, I never met a man I didn't like kind of guy, which is sort of you got to take the time to know somebody before you're allowed to draw conclusions. And because all these different people exist across broad political sUAS within any given community, I can't draw a conclusion. It wouldn't be fair for me to do so. But I'm kind of curious to know if this concept of anti Semitism has more of a connection with the creation of Israel as a state, in the displacement of the Palestinian people or anybody else that got this place when Israel was created in what nineteen four or nineteen forty seven. So do you see that as being a sort of a blurred line or maybe a problematic area.
Speaker 16: There's an intersection, no question. Look, anti Semitism has been around for literally thousands of years. People call it the oldest form of hate. You know, in our Western context, a lot of people think of the Holocaust as being like the start of antisemitism or something anything. But I mean, there have been thousands and thousands of years of people attacking Jews because of their identity. And what's unique about anti Semitism, a form of hate, is that it tends to mutate throughout history. So generally speaking, in history, people will target Jews for whatever the perceived gravest evil of the time is. So, if capitalism is bad, Jews or the capitalists. If communism's bad, Jews are the communists? You name it. So in the present day, when you know ethnic nationalism trends are perceived as evil, Jews must be the colonialist, nationalist, whatever group that's most evil in the world. So Israel's connected to it, no question. But Israel's more of an excuse than the impetus.
Speaker 1: Right because it has been around for a long time. Let's face it, the Holocaust came about as a consequence of Jews getting the blame for the poor economic conditions in Germany. That was an extension of the thousand plus years of Jews being blamed for any other economic calamity or any other problem in the world. How is it they became a target. How is it that that was a default group? Is it because of the you represent a minority status in the world in terms of global population.
Speaker 16: So the minority status thing is a huge part of it. I think also, Jews have, in different societies for the last two thousand years, been a minority who was a homeless group, so to speak. Right until the creation of Israel, from you know, the year seventy ce nil nineteen forty eight, Jews were existing independently of their own homeland, moving from place to place as a tiny minority, pretty easy to pick off and scapegoat and target. You layer on top of that religious differences intentions that existed between Christianity and Islam and Judaism, and you've got the recipe for all sorts of disaster well.
Speaker 1: And in that context, you know, people who of like minds tend to dwell together. I mean, it makes perfect sense. If you're of the same religion, you're the same race, and you don't have a land that you can call your own, you're going to congregate in your own community in any given country. That just makes perfect sense. But you've also proven to be demonstrably successful. And I mean I know from my discussions with my Jewish friends and correct me if I'm wrong. You look out for each other. You're part of that family of Jewish people, you help each other in business perspectives, you elevate your fellow jew And I mean, and because it is I suppose a race predicated thing. There are people who are not of the Jewish race Sammy Davis Junior, who can become Jews by way of religion. It's a very difficult road to hoe. But there's the sense of the race being a component of being part of the Jewish faith as well, is there not?
Speaker 16: Absolutely so? The technical word for it is it's an ethno religious group. It's that combination of ethnicity and religion. And we do as a Jewish people, we try to take care of one another. Yeah, I mean, I don't only care about Jewish people. I know a lot of people beyond the community. But but yeah, you take care of your family. That's that's a value in our community. And that's been used against us, of course also at plenty of times that because we take care of ourselves, there must be something wrong with that.
Speaker 1: Well, and the insular sort of perception of that is, oh, look at that. You know, they're not letting Themboddy in. You know, I want to slice of that action. Well, you know, it's it's not that easy. Of a challenge to overcome. Yes, you can become a member of the Jewish faith, but I can't become a black person just I mean because of by virtue of who I am and where I was born and where I came from.
Speaker 16: No, I mean, there's something, like I said, a little bit unique about that Jewish identity that you can become Jewish even if you're not originally part of the ethnic group, so to.
Speaker 1: Speak, I identify as a Jew.
Speaker 12: How's that I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Rabbi Jim, We're gonna pause, take a minute early break, because we're gonna dive on into what the how the situation unfolded and the Rabbi's comments about the tragic nature of how it unfolded, because it did take away from the focus of the protests, which was the treatment of I'm Aiman Solomon. One more time with Rabbi ri Jun Stick around.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: One more time for the Channel nine first forty one to forecasts Heat Advisor in EFFECTIOT eight today because it's going to be hot ninety two with the heat index of low hundreds and some storms maybe after noon today, over night, muggy, partly cloudy, low of seventy six. Tomorrow partly cloudy, hot, humid ninety four and a low one hundred heat index. Muggy and partly cloudy every night low of seventy four and another cloudy Scattered showers and thunderstorms possible on Wednesday, but another heat day ninety two for a high closed it out at seventy seven times for final traffic. Chuck from the ucup Tramphic Center.
Speaker 18: UC Health Weight Loss Center offers Sergeic com Medico a b CD care and expertise called five month three nine two sixty three nine twenty.
Speaker 1: Two sixty three.
Speaker 18: CRUs just cleared an accident out of the way eastbound Fort Washington Way. All lanes were blocked just a bit ago. Now you can make the ramp to Columbia Parkway and southbound four seventy one southbound seventy five Slow's just a bit out of block one. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey forty seven, Come up any forty eight fifty five KRC DE Talk station Braving Bryan Thomas here with Rabbi Ri John. He wrote an op ed piece in the Cincinna Inquired the other day. UH robling Bridge protest turned violent, overshadowed cause. Rabbit and I already talked about the cause, which was the iced detention of local imum Aimon Solimon by all counts, you know, the i've seen you great citizen benefit to the community of the bridge builder, et cetera. But things went awry at the protests. The bridge was taken over and closed down, which then resulted in the police apartment showing up. Brab Ai, Your take on that, because that's all I remember. If you'd ask me before our conversation today what the Roblin Bridge shutdown was all about, I wouldn't have been able to remember.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 16: I mean, people don't have any clue what the cause is. It's the spectacle. This was so predictable of a bad situation. That's part of what frustrates me about it, which is that I you know, there were rumblings early on that the goal here was to block the bridge. I think was the exact phrase folks were using. And I did a little bit of digging on my own to try to see has anyone pulled a permit as this sanction? What's the plan here? And I wasn't able to find any any evidence one way or another, and that to me was a red flag enough that but I came to the vigil where faith leaders had gathered before the folks walked onto the bridge, and I decided I wasn't going on the bridge myself.
Speaker 1: I kind of expect that of you, knowing you as I do, I try to be reasonable.
Speaker 16: But look, even before people got onto the bridge, it was already a mess. You know, you had people who had been organizing, who are wearing high vis vests and blocking traffic and things like that, no police to be seen. So these were just you know, the burrier's entry was who can afford a high vis? Vest on Amazon? And it's a recipe for disaster. One of the things about this that I think makes it pretty striking is that, you know, some situations, everyone messed up. And actually, I'll leave one group out. CINCINNATIPD did a fabulous job of managing, you know, trying to restore traffic and you know, stop people from blocking a bridge, which is an act of civil disobedience and they have a right to try to stop and and dealing with the protesters effectively. But the conflict between Covington PD and the protesters was awful. One of those officers from Covington PD has been placed on leave, I believe since because of the concerns about what came out. And as someone who was there when people started coming off of the bridge, I had a fellow clergy member who got back after being in the midst of all of the conflict, and he didn't know what was about to happen. He had been suckered into it, like a lot of people had been kind of co opted who just thought they were there to demonstrate properly. They figured, you know, permits had been polled or whatever planning was supposed to have happened had happened. So my clergy friend, who you know's wearing his Roman collar and everything. So the police didn't do anything to him, but he showed me a video right after the fact that he took on his phone and I was I was appalled by what I saw. Meanwhile, you know, the people trying to block the bridge, it's responsible, it's reckless to pull people into a cause that they don't understand fully and they don't know the risks of you got to give people the you know, the information to consent to that kind of thing you're engage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost an incitement to mob violence. You know, most people went there to do a peaceful protest. The vigil, they supported this IMOM. That was the only message they wanted to get across. Then when you invade the bridge space, you take over the bridge, you block traffic, obviously engaging in a crime. But I would it sounds to me like the protest was invaded. And I've seen these organized agitators. I mean they're all over in every instance. You know, they're all dressed the same. Sometimes they're funded by outside organizations. But it's as if and perhaps the motive is to invite police over reaction. That's the image they want to show and project to the rest of the world. Has nothing to do with the condition of the IMOM, has everything to do with the police. And look at the brutality that has been on unleashed, that's the visual moment they want.
Speaker 16: I think that there is a good chance of that that they were looking for the escalation, And like I said, both groups probably are responsible here. Covington PD probably could have handled this without as much escalation as occurred, and the protesters weren't upset to have escalation. I mean, I doubt they wanted to be injured in the way that they were injured. They probably didn't enjoy it, but they got the you know, they got the social media videos that they probably were looking to create out of it. So who loses all of the reasonable people who want to see attention brought to a case that matters. Look, I'm not opposed to civil disobedience within the right parameters. You can choose to shut down a bridge, but their consequences that are going to happen, and people need to know what the consequences they've signed up for are.
Speaker 1: But if they want to shut the bridge down, they have to understand that that is going to invite perhaps a reaction they don't want. This is no longer about discussing the issues and ICE's tree of the Imom. It's about people reacting to the bridge being shut down. So you might have some otherwise sympathetic people to your message, but then we all get pissed off when roads are shut down and the traffic's backed up, and we hear about the EMS vehicle who couldn't get through with the you know, the the close to death injured victim, and all these horror stories come out.
Speaker 16: No, I think you use the word infiltrators. And you have these these bad actors. They try to take over other causes and they turn people off. Yes, and I have no patience for it. I don't think any of us should have patients for people who try to take what should be a peaceful setting and turn it into a side shit of good attention for their own thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I really do believe that's what's going on, and it's a widespread reality. And let's face it ain't nothing like social media to bring that reality up very easily. You put en us posts out there, somebody's going to show up right.
Speaker 16: One hundred percent. And this is an example of that.
Speaker 1: Red by Ari John. It is such a pleasure having you in studio to talk about this, and you know, I mean it's a message for all groups out there. If you're going to organize some activities, you need to be painfully aware that you might have some of these outside agitators come in and ruin the point of your message. You need to be calm, cool and collected and don't follow the quote unquote heard into the street if that's not what you're about. If you want to engage in that type of protest, recognize there are going to be consequences, but in the final analysis, it's probably not going to do your message any good.
Speaker 16: Eyes on the price. You got to do what you've said out to do strategically. In this case, it's bringing attention to this mom and the detention that he's facing.
Speaker 1: Rabbi, always a pleasure to see you and talk to you, and I hope to have you in and again on maybe perhaps some other topics. I know there's luck going on in the world that you're involved with, and you always have a spot here. On the fifty five Cassee Morning Show this morning, Ken Cober, FLP President on the violence downtown over the weekend, tragic and awful. That was Christopher Smith Aman on the same topic. Boy, he was on a tear this morning for the Smith event Money Money with Brian James. And of course my conversation just now with Rabbi Ari Jen podcast fifty five Carsee dot Com, Get Your iHeartMedia app Bright Bart Inside Scoop tomorrow at I followed by the Daniel Davis Deep Dive on the heels of my appearing on the Daniel Davis Deep Dive last week. Rather interesting reaction given some of my comments you got alienated a few of Daniel Davis's friends, but we'll talk about that tomorrow. Thank you, Joe Strecker, Executive producer, for all that you do. God bless you, sir. Folks. Have a wonderful day, and don't call wey. Glenn Beck's coming right up Today's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: It's information that matters to me.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report