Speaker 1: Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The Games, Mike the Bulldog, Beyond You Jr.
Speaker 3: Good Dog Sports page brought you by Coffin and Lenda Injury Attorneys. Bulldog, We trusted you're ready for action here this morning.
Speaker 2: I ain't ridy roll. Where do you want to start? Let's start, you go go take us where we go?
Speaker 4: Man, let's start with Let's start with my favorite sport, college football. The hits keep coming for the Florida State Seminoles. Of course, they're one and four now, they should be zero to five, and they are now starting to lose recruits left and right. They lost a big time four or five star wide receiver, Molik Clark.
Speaker 2: He decommitted yesterday.
Speaker 4: That's one of many recruits that have decommitted from Florida State. You look at the recruiting rankings right now, Florida State ranked number thirty five in the twenty four to seven sports dot Com recruiting rankings. That's behind by the way, Miami Florida about to fire their coach and ucf in the rankings.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if.
Speaker 4: We've ever seen a one year implosion of a football program. Like this when they were thirteen and oh last year. Now again they're one in four, probably headed to like three and nine. I can't remember a program going from so good to so bad in one year like TCU a couple of years ago. They made it to the College Football Playoff, actually won a game in the playoff, and they were five and seven the next year.
Speaker 2: I think this is even more drastic than that. It's not good, that's for sure. No, speaking of college football, do you see the right.
Speaker 3: But by the way, but I just want to remind FSU and FSU fans who they open up with next season.
Speaker 2: Alabama? Oh yes, right, Alabama. Yeah, let's get through this to look forward to.
Speaker 4: Alabama actually started FSU's down fall. Remember when Alabam FSU opened the season right here in Orlando.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was jim I Forge. That was Jimbo Fisher's last season stand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that started the implosion of the Jimbo Fisher era at Florida State. Speaking of Bama, the Bama Georgia game on Saturday night most watched a regular season game since twenty seventeen, most streamed game ever, twelve million viewers on ABC and the ESPN streaming platform for that, So yeah, big time ratings. Speaking of ratings, So Caitlin Clark got eliminated from the WNBA playoffs, all right, So her two playoff games, all right? She was in the playoffs for two games, best two out of three. They lost them both. First game one point eight four million viewers, all right, second game two point five four million viewers. Since she's been eliminated, they haven't even hit a million viewers for the w n B A. I don't know if this isn't what what? What's the what's the day overreaction?
Speaker 2: Wednesday? Caitlyn Clark is more important.
Speaker 4: To the popularity of her sport than any athlete in history?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that so far fetched to say? I mean, you could bring up Tiger Woods, but golf golf was still somewhat of a mainstream sport before Tiger Woods.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I think it's an overreaction on your part.
Speaker 1: But I am big Kaitlyn Caitlyn fan, and without her, we would never even discussing it.
Speaker 3: Let me hammer this home a little further. Could any of us, and let's be honest here, could any of us? And I'm talking to you listening right now? So could you name any of the w NBA teams that are still in the playoffs right now.
Speaker 1: Or a player.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm the team that beat Caitlyn Clark, the Connecticut Son which used to be the Orlando.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that. I didn't even know that.
Speaker 2: You didn't in New York, Liberty, Vegas. I don't know who's in the w NBA playoffs since because I don't care. And in fact, am I a bad person for saying that?
Speaker 1: So be it if I didn't know that Orlando didn't have a team anymore until last year about I didn't know that we don't have a team anymore.
Speaker 4: I thought we still had the Orlando America.
Speaker 2: The Glide or whatever it was. No, never the Glide. They were the Orlando Miracles.
Speaker 3: I was the Pride. And then I was thinking, like, okay, hey, how about a Major League Baseball Wild Card action yesterday?
Speaker 4: That's right, last time? What about my podres last night? Huh blanking the Braves four? Oh, Michael King struck out twelve for my Pods. The other games the men.
Speaker 3: Hold on, you got you gotta cut the Braves a little bit of slack man. They had to turn around after that, you know, double header and get out to the West coast. Okay, I'm just saying you got to take you got to add that in a little bit in that first game.
Speaker 4: Well, all right, we'll see Mets beat the Brewers eight to four. In game one of that series, Tigers beat the Astros of the cheating Astros three to one. In Kansas City, the Royals beat the Orioles one nil. That's Kansas City's first playoff win since I think they went to the World Series in twenty fifteen. So can I read you how much time do we have? I want to read you something real quick from Dave Hyde of the South Florida Sun Sentinel. Go ahead, all right, So he's writing about the Dolphins and their implosion.
Speaker 2: All right, I want to get your opinion of this quote.
Speaker 4: They built a so comfortable culture around the team that had won nothing of consequence in a way that contributed to this tofu soft product. New unnecessary contracts to make everyone happy, days off from practice as part of the environment, trusting players to work harder, so not doing traditionals up like running sprints. Working in a way that veteran Kalaias Campbell said the word that practices were quote easy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: All that unfolded with McDaniel's new NFL idea of calling his players his teammates.
Speaker 2: Dave had saying this team is soft Lynch soft.
Speaker 3: Look at the product on the field. It's hard to argue his his points there. I also I stand by my theory that just where they're located, uh is a distraction in a in and of self there just the lifestyle you have with money down there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I just think that's it. An affect the Miami Heat very much.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, okay, that's because they got Spolster, who's not a teammate, he is.
Speaker 4: A coach, right, Not really affecting enter Miami very much.
Speaker 2: It's because they got messy.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Miami Dolphins coach during hard knocks is giving them cakes as a reward.
Speaker 3: Wipe the Bulldog Byocky, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six nine. A game, good, good point there, Taco, and he takes time out of his show to join us here for the Sports Page Each morning on JR.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Coffin and Land.
Speaker 4: Listen to under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coffin. Every Saturday morning, seven point thirty on FM ninety six nine The game. You can catch extended versions of Under Oath by searching your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 1: Hoo Hoo, Switch and Taco are always on demand. Download their podcast daily on our free IHRT radio app.
Speaker 2: Get it now at w j r R dot com. From the Bogan Munson