Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio linep.
Speaker 2: A couple of deaths of politicians. You make your own decision if it's good or bad. Alan Simpson, Republican from Wyoming, served three terms in the Senate, died at the age of ninety three. The reason I put that in there is because he helped pass an immigration reform bill, really the last one we had, which was nineteen eighty six, and he said it was like quote, giving dry birth to a porcupine.
Speaker 1: Who said that A man said that.
Speaker 3: Alan Simpson, former Senator.
Speaker 2: And the other one is Congressman Raoul Grialva out of Arizona, sirt eleven terms in Congress.
Speaker 3: Died at the age of seventy seven.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever heard a man use a birthing reference, and in such a such a colorful one at that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure John Kennedy, the Senator out of Louisiana, he's got a very thick accent. He has some pretty colorful euphemisms. I'm sure he's probably got a couple in there, But giant volcano in Alaska is showing signs of an impending eruption. Elevated levels of volcanic gas emissions recently observed around Mount Spur It's about seventy five miles from Anchorage. The Alaska Volcano Observatory said the emissions confirm that new magna magma is flowing beneath the volcano and that indicates a foreseeable eruption. They say, it's Friday. Don't forget what you learned this week on the Gary and Channon Show. We've been spitting mad facts all week. You're damn right, we are, so let us know what it is that you learned this week while learning while listening to the garyan Shannon Chow, you can leave us a talk back on the iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Amy, I feel like you need to stay for the whole day just to like get us through this.
Speaker 4: Because Devra's Devra's in here and she's too sad to speak.
Speaker 1: I know Deborah is not. I love Debora, but I don't feel like she is going to make us feel. Amy, you have the foremost knowledge on these eagles, so you know there behavior, you know their pattern of behavior. You've gone through several different litters of Eaglitz. You know what goes on now. I have gotten intel from someone who has animals and says that it's not uncommon for one of the parent eagles to rid the nest of our dearly departed.
Speaker 4: That can happen too. They can leave them or they can remove them.
Speaker 2: But I go back to my I mean, not that it hasn't happened yet, but if it has happened, or it had happened overnight, we would probably have seen it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: This is the actual removal of.
Speaker 1: But it could have been. I mean, these are big birds, Jackie in shadow. It could have been just like I mean, kind of like when you shut the door with your bottom sometimes when you just you can do a lot of things with that thing. I mean, I've seen you move things around. I can make money with that thing. You could do that as well. There's a whole lot of money in this mfort. But theoretically, even with night vision, one of these birds could have just the way you move your butt. They could have just done that with their tail feathers and the uh, you know, earth suit is out of the nest because these are just our earth suits, you know that, right, our earth suit Right?
Speaker 2: The meat casing that we have around our souls right now? Is that what you're exactly?
Speaker 1: You put it much more eloquently than I could have ever, because the eglid is still with us, this meat.
Speaker 3: Suit that has become our immortal coil.
Speaker 2: Is that that's what you're referring to this if this bag of bones, and yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean anything meats. Can you not.
Speaker 1: Reference your juices ever? Again? That would be great. That's a little lenten wish I have.
Speaker 3: Can you go forty days without mentioning your juice? Please? Forty days? That's all I asked.
Speaker 1: I'd like to be in the desert where there are no Jesus. All right, listen, grief makes us all behave differently.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, for those who haven't been paying attention, there are supposed to be three eagles in the nest and big bear there as of this morning, appeared to be only two that we can see.
Speaker 1: But they're happy and they're healthy and they're eating and.
Speaker 3: It's and it's and it's nature.
Speaker 1: It's nature, you guys. We knew that this was gonna happen. Was it just a week ago amy that the third eagle hatched? Wasn't it also Friday, Saturday.
Speaker 4: It was Yeah, it was over the weekends.
Speaker 5: Oh was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he's only been around for a little while.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Again, I am not laughing.
Speaker 2: There are seventy six thousand people looking at this on YouTube right now. But one of the comments is we are observers of nature and do not know the entire of the current situation. We are holding our eagle family in our hearts and sending love to our friends of Big Bear Valley community worldwide.
Speaker 4: It is a worldwide thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I talked to a friend who I haven't talked to for like six months last yesterday and I said, hey, have you heard about our eagles? She goes, oh, I watch them all the time. She's like living in northern California.
Speaker 3: Well, and listen, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I also completely am drawn in by the idyllic pictures that we've seen from this camera. It's unbelievable that this happens in trees around Big Bear and we get to see it happen on a regular basis, with the snow coming in and the parent eagles doing what parent eagles do.
Speaker 1: It's just I'm worried about Jackie, you know, and I know that the roles are blurred, but it's notable that the dad is there with the remaining children and that Jackie is not there doing whatever she needs to do. Why because she's probably sad about this. Wasn't she the one on watch when this Soundles don't do sad. They don't do sad. There's no time, you know.
Speaker 4: I disagree because again when in years past, when we've seen and want, like I think it was spirits brother or sister died, I mean, after that one died, Jackie would just sit and stare at it. I mean like she was just and I know, but see that she that was her lot, like she remembers that. Probably they're very smart, right, she probably remembers that, and this is bringing it back.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: My head hurts right now.
Speaker 2: I cannot tell you how much my head hurts.
Speaker 4: Because you're sad?
Speaker 2: Is that I don't know how to name my feelings, so I say things like my head hurts, Oh, my chest hurts, it's so tight right now? Why where did you go? What's happening over there? She can't handle it. She's sad. When we come back, Gavin Newsom, guess who's making a guess who's making a bronze bust of Gavin Newsom. Yes, you're right, Gavin Newsom is what absolute arrogance and if he has the power to say no, melt that thing down and turn it into I thought.
Speaker 1: You were doing a bit. This is a true story of Gavin Usom getting a golden bust bronze.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be gold, it would be bronze. Yeah, and claims that he has no idea, he had no idea that this was being done.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is asinine.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Well, the judge from Orange County shot and killed his wife after a night of a couple and more pops. Jeffrey Ferguson has gone and done an interview with NBC LA don't do that.
Speaker 3: Nara, did you under the Oh, I'm sorry, I tease the GAVI.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Yeah, we'll do that. We'll do the judge thing coming up next. Sorry, I'm not paying attention.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: We a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm lucky you're still here. Usually you leave. It's okay, it's like a free form Friday. You know, there's a lot of this. Thank you for acknowledging, well.
Speaker 1: I didn't know there was going to be a death in the family, and affirm if we don't know, if it's a death, it's just simply a missing. Amy pretty much said that we should not have false hope, is what she said, and I protecting using our feeling. I trust that. Yeah. Is it weird If I like show up at Amy's house this afternoon and her can I stay the night?
Speaker 2: And she she's very comforted. She broods over you, she sits on you.
Speaker 1: I kind of did envision like a cuddling situation. That's weird, I know, all right.
Speaker 3: There's a new book out called Fool's Gold.
Speaker 2: The Radicals, con artists and traders who killed the California Dream and now threaten us all.
Speaker 3: That's quite a name for a book.
Speaker 2: It's written by Jed McPhatter and Susan Crabtree, and they go after all kinds of politicians in the state of California. Needless to say, one of their favorite targets is going to be California Governor Gavin Newsom. He has been pointed out for secretly paying for his own monument at San Francisco City Hall to commemorate his time as mayor.
Speaker 3: We all know the glorious years.
Speaker 2: Between two thousand and four and twenty eleven when Gavin Newsom was the mayor of San Francisco, married to Kimberly Gilfoyle, who then made some time with Don Trump Junior and is now the ambassador to Greece on behalf of the administration. So the way that they say he did this is he put together a memorial to his time as mayor with the help of donors, and that he used something called behested payments. We've seen that term before, We've talked about it here in California when it comes to politics. Behested payments are a contribution made by a donor that the politician asks them to make on their behalf. That's like Shannon Farren goes to Chevron and says, could you give five thousand dollars to the friends of Big Bear Valley on my behalf. That way you don't have to use your campaign money. Chevron gets a little bit of a favor in your mind because they're doing something to help you out. The book says that Gavin Newsom showed three private organizations donated to a nonprofit that was earmarked for mayoral bust at San Francisco City Hall. Two of those three private organizations are companies that are owned by Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 1: You guys, this is so embarrassing. Can you imagine paying for, or just knowing that a bust of your likeness was being produced, and that you asked for money to produce said bust, and then it became public that you did that. That is upper echelon embarrassment. That's upper echelon narcissism.
Speaker 2: Yes, Balboa Cafe Partners and Plump Jack Management Group are the two organizations owned by Gavin Newsom. They donated about ten percent of the total price. It's not a lot when you look at the whole cost, by the way, ninety seven thousand dollars for this. They donated a combined ten thousand for it. He has also asked that behested payments go towards projects run by his wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom. The fact that this is allowed a is absolutely crazy. The fact that he continues to do it on a regular basis is insane. And the third most ludicrous aspect of this is that it goes to a bronze bust of himself.
Speaker 1: How much money is this again? How much money did this.
Speaker 3: One hundred thousand dollars total? It's not ninety seven thousand.
Speaker 1: Total thousand dollars for a bust a bust for his time as mayor of the great City of San Francisco. It would go a lot further if he raised ninety seven thousand dollars for someone and gave them like a life for a year, like you know, you don't have to worry about anything. Let's see like almost like they do in Vallejo or some of those pilot programs where they give people basic incomes and see what they can do when they're not worried about keeping the lights on. If you had it like your own pilot project for your office, and you gave somebody who a mom of three, single mom of three, who's had to just keep the lights on, if you gave her one hundred thousand dollars to where she could do whatever, whether it's get education, go to work, fulfill a dream, write a book, write a poet, whatever, Like how cool would that be moving forward with your political career? Like this is what happens. And I saw it myself with in my district when we found somebody and she was deserving this money, and we scrambled together ninety seven thousand dollars and we gave her that luxury of not having to worry about keeping the lights on. And look what she did with that year. Well, like, I mean, whoa, I would vote for you twice on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Even if those organizations are doing that stuff, even if they have those great programs that I think would be celebrated by everybody, the fact that they do stupid s like that, right, right.
Speaker 1: It's all about all absolutely does exactly my point, exactly. This is what you're going to remember, all right. What an enforced error too.
Speaker 2: For the first time, that judge who stood trial for his wife's murder speaking out. We'll talk about what he says. Jeffrey ferguson what he said actually happened the night that his wife done.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Well, the good judge in Orange County who was not so good when he got drunk, shot and killed his wife after dinner a couple of years ago, has done an interview now with NBCLA. This was the man at the center of a trial that hung. It was a hung jury that deliberated for more hours than it heard evidence in this case of the judge who went out to dinner with his wife and son, had a couple of pops, came home, got into an argument. He says it was an accident that the gun that he's legally able to carry went off as he was in the process of putting it away. That was not what prosecutors argued. They argued that they were in a heated argument and he shot and killed her. In fact, he did text his bailiff and his court reporter right after saying I'm not going to be in tomorrow. I shot my wife. Sorry about that. He invited NBC into his home.
Speaker 3: I think the lawyers like this. You think his attorney's like, yes, really.
Speaker 1: Because he already has one hung jury, he drums up more support in his backyard or more sympathy by doing this interview if that's if that is in fact what he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the hung jury, there was only one person that voted to a quit right for not guilty out of I mean, eleven to one is an overwhelming It's still a hung jury, but eleven to one is an overwhelming number of people that thought he was.
Speaker 1: Guilty, right, But like you've said, he's a judge. He's been doing this for thirty plus years. He knows what to say, he knows what not to say. His lawyers know that he knows what not to say to incriminate himself in the process of an interview. I think the only upside is some sympathy from the people who watch the evening news. Who are the people that watch the evening news, retired folks, Folks that are going to have the time to be on a jury the next jury, people that are going to see a like person in him at his age.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad move. He did say that eleven to one count was a blow to his emotions.
Speaker 1: Play on people's emotions, look at us with the gd Eagliz, and that it was like being in a Twilight Zone episode where he said, it's like you're snatched out of your reality.
Speaker 2: You're plunked down without any warning into a completely different world, and a world that's not particularly friendly to you.
Speaker 1: That's what happens when you get trigger happy at point two alcohol level and you shoot and kill your wife. You wake up and go, uh, oh wait, what what did I?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, well, now this.
Speaker 2: Part of the problem for him is that the most damning testimony came from his own son, because I guess the sun was at dinner with them. The Fergusons and their son, Philip, went to the restaurant they went to El Cholo earlier in that day. Cheryl left after Jeffrey Ferguson made a hand gesture mimicking a gun during an argument later their home. Philip testified this is the son testified that he heard his mother say something to the effect of why don't you point a real gun at me? And then he told police, and this was on video and became part of the evidence. He told police, I quote, I turned around and he pulls out a gun and aims at her and fires. The account from the judge was he was pulling this glock handgun out of his ankle holster and it accidentally discharged when he tried to put it on a coffee table that was cluttered like he was trying to move stuff out of the way, and put the gun down on the table.
Speaker 3: Why do you do that.
Speaker 1: You only put the gun. You only take the gun out of your holster and put it down on a table. During a drug deal with the mafia.
Speaker 2: If you're right, if you're trying, if you're proving a point he is to use it, that would be one reason you'd take it out, And the other reason would be to take it out to intimidate something.
Speaker 3: She knows he's got it on his ankle. She knows all the time.
Speaker 2: They you don't not know that about your spouse, especially if he's had a concealed carry permit for twenty years or how how long he had it point oh six, by the way, when it was measured after the shooting, which.
Speaker 1: Means that when the time of the shooting, that was more like point one point seven, which means at the time of Yeah, I mean, and is that a defense? I always go back to this, I always go back. I'm always a little bit. I come down a couple ways on drunk being a defense or something like this, you know, murder, you know murder because without the drinks you wouldn't have done that, right, But is that okay? That that's your defense? I mean, I always I always go back and forth with this, Well, no way drinking knowing that you could get to the level where you're gonna get you're gonna get into an argument and you know your personality enough to know you may grab your gun and make a bad decision. Is that enough?
Speaker 2: Isn't it funny the way different people respond onto being that drunk. I mean, because some people, some people do get violent, some people do get argumentative, some people get more arrogant, some people get louder, other people get quieter, like my family generally. I remember the very few times I ever saw my dad over what would be even a slight buzz, he would get happy, and he would smile a lot, and he would laugh at everything. And it was always And I've seen myself get over protective, like an extremely helpful, very helpful. Really, if I tell you a story about Hawaii, I think I told you.
Speaker 3: I may have told you this.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you when I come back about I got way too helpful.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait. I'm excited because when I've seen you overserved, my husband's fault. He's an overserver. You get quiet and smiley dad, sometimes.
Speaker 3: You, and then there's another gear sometimes you.
Speaker 5: As you're listening to Gary and Shannon on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: President Trump is going to deliver a law and order speech today. The Justice Department we'll talk about that during Swamp Watch coming up. Also, the Democratic Party planning a bunch of town hall meetings in Republican held districts in all fifty states that will be coming up. A swatting call about an active shooter triggered a huge police response at Clairemont McKenna last night. This would be a day after a similar false report caused a panic and evacuation at Loma Limit Loma Linda Children's Hospital out in San Bernardino County.
Speaker 1: I knew there was something going on with the children with Gene Hackman, and I knew there was something going on, maybe some sort of contentious situation with the new wife, which wasn't really a new wife, Betsy Arakawa. They'd been married for several years since the nineties. I believe she's much younger. She's younger than his son, than his kids to his with his first wife. It just seemed to something odd. When the bodies were found and the kids right away said it's carbon monoxide, it was like, what's up with that? You haven't been there, that's your first reaction. You're telling reporters this, this is odd. Well, it turns out that the will, the will tells all, doesn't it. Gene Hackman left his eighty million dollar Hollywood fortune to that wife, Betsy, who was a trustee to his trust. We don't know if his three children were left anything in the will. It's a possible omission of the children who he was once estranged from. They said that this would have been and it still may continue to be a complete battle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because in her will it says, if my spouse does not survive me, I give the residue of my estate to my personal representative as a trustee to hold an administer and a charitable trust with she purposes. Blah blah blah. But nothing about the case. And I wonder if the I wonder if the chronology of the deaths matter, because she would have basically the medical examiner determined that she died first, so whatever would go from her would go into that trust.
Speaker 1: Fascinating. I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 2: And if I usually in the event of a trust, will and trust, there would be like all the scenarios would be planned out. If she precedes me in death, then then we do it this way. If I precede her, then we do it this way.
Speaker 1: Oh fascinating. I didn't think of that. So theoretically, like if she died first, maybe the what happens to trust? If it's just the two of them in that trust, then what happens to that if she dies and it all goes to If the kids aren't named in any will there, does it just go to them automatically?
Speaker 3: Or it could? It could? It depends.
Speaker 1: I think it depends on the state of New Mexico. The probate Court's got to handle this kind of thing. Fortunately they have it spelled out very clearly.
Speaker 2: Which could they could do, Like here's a series of charities distributed, even.
Speaker 1: Maybe the kids get nothing, Maybe it goes to the friends of Big Bear Valley.
Speaker 3: It's possible.
Speaker 2: So my story was that when I was in Hawaii, my wife and I went to Hawaii and stayed on Kawhai, the same place we stayed for our honeymoon. It was on our fifteenth anniversary, went back and stayed there for a week, and we go out on one of those dinner cruises on the sailboat you see the dolphins in. It was this recently ten years twelve years ago, I guess it was. And we go out on that dinner cruise and We don't know anybody. It's just the two of us with you know, a bunch of random strangers. And it turns out that we meet this couple from Boston. They were newlyweds and fun young couple. Funny stories. Right, We're sitting there and having a couple of beers and eat dinner and just having a blast.
Speaker 3: We're having a great time.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize how much I had to drink until it was time to get off of this sailboat and we pull into I think it's Port Adams, if I'm not mistaken. You pull the sailboat up to the pier, but it's not a safe it's not built for that sailboat, and it's not a great way to get off the boat. So there's a couple of steps they put up and then like a temporary step, and then you're on to the pier itself. And as people were getting off, they're slipping and they're uncou you know, they don't want people to fall, but the deckhands were off doing other stuff, you know, battening down hatchet and everyone soaked with rum. At this point, everyone's trashed. So I stand along the side of the steps. It's me and the captain of the ship on the other side of this staircase, right, and we're grabbing people's hands and helping them up off of the off of the sailboat onto the pier. And a few minutes later I look up and my wife is standing there with her hands on her hips. She didn't know where I was because she had gotten off. We were one of the first that was supposed to get off. I stopped midway getting off because I realized that people are gonna need help. She's walking around trying to find me like I had taken off.
Speaker 1: Well, you're grabbing ass, helping ladies off the sailboat.
Speaker 3: I'm just being a nice guy. Uh huh. So she says, the hell are you doing? Yeah, I'm just helping out people needed. People need help off of this boat. Yeah yeah, she drove home. Yeah I bet. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That would have pissed me off too. And then aren't you so helpful?
Speaker 2: Where are the keys to the car, because back when cars had keys.
Speaker 1: In the stranger's cleavage.
Speaker 2: Oh, I decided to double down on smart ass, and I said, they're in the key pocket.
Speaker 3: Honey. It was a cold night that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet, maybe don't help strangers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll clean it up.
Speaker 2: We'll see you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app