Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome, and it's time now for our community connection. Maryland Man with okam music is here and my goodness sakes, mary Lynn, you had a busy, busy, busy Chris Kendle Mark, it was beautiful.
Speaker 2: We did, Tom. Unfortunately the weather ended up cooperating. We moved it inside anyway, except for the kids jumpy. But we had our biggest turnout ever with just around one thousand people. It was insane.
Speaker 1: It was vendor mania in there. I mean, wow, you had so many booths and so much selection that that was so unbelievably well put together.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, Tom. We had a really good time doing it. I think all the vendor feedback we got was really positive. Vendors, you know, had a good time showing off their hand crafted items and merch. We had a new knack vendor that was extremely popular, and so everyone was excited to try all of his cities and just wonderful homemade goods from like melodies create a cuisine. We had, of course, themes of prices, meat market, wonderful ham and beans and just chicken and dumplings and all kinds of good, hearty false food and so yeah, it was a really nice time. I want to thank all of our sponsors who made it possible and thank the community for coming out. We have a lot of news people who came from out of town from Kansas o Watso told the Jeans Broken Arrow to give you guys a shout out. I think I went through the Green Country tickets steel about it. I don't know at least one hundred and fifty times where I would help people to go get with their Green tickets and they would have this blank look and I would say, you're not from here, and they would be like, no, listen, Jeans, or we're from a wato and I'd be like, okay, here's what Green Country tickets are and you don't even have to be seven to win. I saw the basket of Green Country tickets that we were able to give out with all of the shopping done, and it was a lot, so I think it would have filled a small trash can. So it was pretty exciting.
Speaker 1: That's great. You know, we put them all in a big dumpster. We let Kevin go through them on I know, we got a big event coming up on Friday at Ambler Hall.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we have so many things coming up at the end of the year it's insane. But yes, on Friday, November twenty second, we have our mostly Mozart concert with Katie Mayhan and we're so excited to have her back. Katie has performed for us at two different festivals and she's just lovely. She's born in America from Colorado, however she lives in Austria. In fact, she lives two doors down where Mozart grew up, and so we always love having Katie backs not only perform, but to enlighten nots on what else she has learned about the life and the daily routine of Mozart is pretty fantastic. So yeah, if people are interested in hearing a beautiful concert, she will be playing Mozart, Beethoven and paying attribute to first one and so I think it's going to be a very lovely concert. It will be at Ambler Hall, which is located at forthusteen South Dewey. It'll be in our nice little performance hall. It's at seven o'clock and you can get tickets by coming to the office at again forthisteen Southduy, or you can call us at nine one eight see six nine nine zulos zero and ask for Rose and Mary Lynn and we'll tell your tickets. Or you can go on to our website at OPM music dot org and you can go to hashtag giving Tuesday and buy your tickets from there. It's going to be a wonderful evening. She's also going to be giving a lecture earlier that day at noon, and so if you want to come by, it's free. You're welcome to come at noon again at Ambler Hall, Katie will be talking about the life of Mozart. We do have two different options on tickets. We have our general admission which is fifty. We have a VIP experience which is one hundred, which gets you lunch at her talk as well as it will get you a nice little bits from the sugar Plum Score and reserve seating. So if anyone's interested in that again, just check us out on the website at sem music dot org. If it's a call nine winning three six nine nine uros zero, or stop by it for sixteen secd and come see us. I think it's going to be a beautiful evening.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to be a wonderful evening, and I would encourage you folks to get your tickets now while you still got tickets to as well.
Speaker 2: That is that is true. They they started. It's funny. We've been telling them for about six weeks now, and all of a sudden this week it's started going crazy and the ticket sales are going nicely and we hope to be completely filled at the Brim with eighty guests. It is a smaller venue which makes it much more intimate. It's beautiful. It will be a very nice, lovely, blacking evening filled with of course beautiful pieces again by Mozart basis an in Bershlin. You'll be able to meet Katie afterwards and ask her questions, and then again we want people to come to the luncheon where she's going to get her talk. She has a really nice flight show that she shows you all over Austria and this to the background behind the side and his compositions and his family and his sister and all of those wonderful things. It's a really great presentation. I think anyone would like it, and we hope that that everyone will come out. Of course, this entire concert is our hashtag Getting Tuesday concert. It's a little early because we try to accommodate to these schedule She is on a final way tour in America right now, and so to make it easier on her so she could get back to Austria, we went ahead and bunted up hashtag getting Tuesdays won't theoretically fall until the Tuesday after Thanksgitting, so we're having ours a little bit early, which means this is our fundraiser, just to bring awareness to the arts and get some posts out to support us so that we can continue bringing wonderful concerts and music educational programming through those in Buglesville.
Speaker 1: We've also got the big Saint Nicholas to do coming up on December sixth.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I have to say Tom this weekend, I haven't watched TV and I don't know, maybe six months, but I just decided to put it on person background and guess what. There was a Hallmark movie about a German Chris Kendall market, but they also talked a lot about Saint Nicholas Day and I loved it. I was like, oh my gosh, this is so awesome hotbtting. And so on December sixth we will be celebrating Saint Nicholas Day. For those of you who don't know about Saint Nicholas, he is the true, live, real person that we now know a Santa Claus, but Saint Nicholas was an actual person. He was a saint from the fourth century who has become an inspiration to many of us through his kindness and generosity. And so again Saint Nicholas will become back to Bartlesville. He will be at Ambler Hall on December six, and we welcome all of our families and children to come out and adults sooop. We will have our sugar Plum shop open and we will have some nice sweet trees and the kids from Bartlesville High School daub Player will be performing some beautiful songs. They will also be reading some stories. It starts at six o'clock on December six at Ambler Hall and it's free to the public. We'll have some art and crops projects. You'll get to see Saint Nick if you want to have your picture with Saint Nicholas and who's steel free to do that. We will also have on this Friday our Saint Nicholas bags that we've been doing now for often in those fifty seven years will go on sale. Those bags are also just in honor of Saint Nicholas Day and it's just a way for us to go back to our kids and community. The back to ten dollars that they're filled with about sixty dollars worth of items. They're filled with multiple books, they'll have musical instruments in it, a little bit of candy, an orange and a candy cane in honor of Saint Nicholas will be in there. Some gold chocolate queens will be in there, all kinds of good. They'll be like an activity book that you can color in and do all kinds of sun games. So they're pretty cool bags. Just a fundraisers for us, but it's also away for us to get something special backs to the kid. We also are very blessed and very excited to partner with James Phillips Cool. We help the four Gentsis grade through the Voice Scout program. We take each of those classes at Saint Nicholas Bag and so every student will receive the bag, and that's one of our favorite kinds of year is to get to play a little bit of Saint Nicholas and taste those bags over there. So we encourage everyone to go check out the website on Friday, reserve and buy your Saint Nicholas bags. You'll be able to pick them up the week of December sixth, and we'll have the schedule on the website for you to insue all of that. But if that was enough, Pump, we also have a concert that is very near and deer special to my heart. It is our very musical Christmas concert being put on by our very new and very exciting Ocean Music Youth Keyboard Orchestra, and that's on December thirteenth of this year. That will be at the First Presbyterian Church starting at seven. And this is our new keyboard orchestra that if you imagine a seventies youth ensemble, now you take ten keyboards and these kids learn how to play the different instruments and different instruments, fores and arrangements to make it sound like you are sitting in front of a large symphony. It is pretty darn cool. And to our knowledge, we are the only ones definitely in this region, but we've sort of seen in the United States. I think we are the first youth keyboard orchestra and so these guys are going to put on a fantastic concert with Chris of songs that everyone loves and everyone will recognize, under the instruction of Lucas Steel, who was our the loved piano instructor in Bartlefell and Kraffee Stewart, who is also amazed at what she does. I think she can use it director for first prize. But then she also teaches kids and those two together are quite a course. So we can't wait to hear what they have in source us and see all these kids. So you know, please check out the website and come down and do the guide performed. That will be our finale for the years.
Speaker 1: Wow, why I tell you what didn't ever stops? And it's a good thing too because everybody loves music and okam does it best. Very lyn Man, thank you very much. Tell people the website once again so you can find out all this information we covered.
Speaker 2: Sure tom okammusic dot org. We try to make it simple. You can see on the banner scrolling by all of these wonderful events. You can also look at the tabs at the top and just click on whatever interests you and we hope to see you at all these events. They're really special, wonderful and we think it's a good way to end our year on a high note.
Speaker 1: Indeed it is, Mary Lynne, thank you very much, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you Tom.
Speaker 1: Alrighty folks, you have been listening to our community connection. I'm k