Speaker 1: All right, Happy Friday, everybody. It's the world famous Been and Skin Show. Glad to have you in the mixed day. It's a good Friday, man. Hope you are having a good Friday as well. We've got a great show planned for you today. We got the Hollywood Shuffle, the kid from six Cents loves the Party, We've got proof, We've got an audio bubble bath that involves leak course, so we got a MAVs game day. I'm sure we'll talk about that a little bit, but I want to start things off by asking you guys a question.
Speaker 2: How often do you use a I.
Speaker 3: Hmm. I think I should be using it more than I do. If I have something that is let's just say, presentation oriented, like uh, I don't know, it's going to be some sort of like presentation for work or some sort of pr kind of thing, I'll punch a bunch of top it, or I'll punch a bunch of keywords and ideas into the chat GPT and I'll take that and then I'll start shaping it from there.
Speaker 2: But honestly, that's the only thing that I ever use it for.
Speaker 4: Okay, I someone who has doesn't use Siri doesn't use any of that stuff, never have because I just like to just type something in real quick. But then I've realized every time I type something in on Google over the last probably six months to a year, an AI answer comes up rather than like searches, right, So I have been using it without knowing I've been using it, and then starting about three weeks ago, I have been doing that for our podcast descriptions, and you know, I gotta say it's very helpful, except sometimes they get some things mixed up and you have to go in there and fix that, like when they spell Christina's name with a C but they're hearing our segment transscribing that, so I just kind of fix that sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I asked because I had also been using it on Google when it pops up, and you just and I didn't ask to use it.
Speaker 2: I was just using it, like you said.
Speaker 1: And then we have a friend named Jason Farntello who's like on the front lines of learn this stuff, Like he works with Mark Cuban and they you know, he's he is like one of the best when it comes to using AI, one of the best in the world, and so he uses AI lot. When we're talking about our show and marketing and different things like that. And so today, for the first time, I started using chat GPT.
Speaker 2: Oh heck, yeah, that's what. That's the one app I have that.
Speaker 1: I use, Right, yeah, so I've The reason is I was writing some promos for us for our show, and it's you know, I'm a writer. I like to write, and so I had I had spent some time working on these promos and I and I wrote like five of them and it took me a long time. It took me like thirty forty five minutes to write them out and get him the way I wanted them. And then I was just sitting there looking at him, like, you know, what would happen if I entered these into chat GPT and just like communicated with what I was trying to accomplish, and dude, it spit out like ten promos in about one minute. And then it was like having a conversation with a real smart person who was like, all right, what do you want to do? Do you kind of want to peel it back or do you really want to push the envelope and be more aggressive with like in this direction?
Speaker 2: I was like, Yeah, let's.
Speaker 1: Be more aggressive I'm pretty so having a conversation with AI and dude, we're just getting creative together. I'm just telling it what I want, and it's doing things and it's not. Yeah, sometimes you know, it will write things and you have to go in there and clean it up.
Speaker 2: But man, in general, it is amazingly helpful, I think.
Speaker 3: And that's why when we were talking about jobs that AI is going to eliminate ours, that's why throughout their copywriter, you know, there's all there's all different variations of a copywriter in there.
Speaker 2: In the list you had, it said journalist. But one of the.
Speaker 3: Things is that things in general that I would say are not creative writing, which are And if you work in this field, I'm not trying to offend you. I've done stuff in this field, but copywriting, pr work, journalism. I'm not talking about call, I'm talking about journalism. Those are things that have a standard to them, and so it's easy for the AI to go in there and emulate that standard and make it sound like something that you've seen a million times. Like if you in our business, we get a lot of press releases, Dude, press releases are so by the numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so by the number.
Speaker 4: I get what you're saying, but I have to say this, I've been very resistant to say and I think I'm going to continue to be because you know, for me, I like to get my feet down on the grass and really be centered. You like, there's a standard to the Ben and Skin Show. There are thousands of segments of the Ben and Skin Show that are out there, so that means there's a history of things that you have said. That means there's a standard that's a whole other prototype. So they could make a segment here's the big news today, well, based on all of these segments of the Ben and Skin Show. Run it through here, and here's what I think about the news coming up in the Hollywood shuffle about Haley Joe Osmon.
Speaker 2: That can happen faster than we know. And that's why I'm scared.
Speaker 1: What do you mean You're saying that it would take our job, and just because it knows what we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Think, it would absolutely take our job. Don't you think companies would love to not pay people?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, of course that's the whole nature of it. But it's also there's a.
Speaker 3: There's an interaction between a listener and a content creator, and so it really comes down to you know what. Basically what happens with AI is everything becomes uniform, like there's a standard to it. Like you're gonna get to the point where you can tell when something's been done with AI. You're gonna be able to tell really quickly because of how generic that it is. And I know, like Ben saying is like, well, I can be more aggressive, or I can be more off the wall or whatever.
Speaker 2: But it's it's not creating new content.
Speaker 3: It's going and finding old content and thinking, all right, how might this work?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'll just get I'll see if you guys can figure out who wrote what?
Speaker 2: Okay, if this is AI or not? Okay.
Speaker 1: These are promos for the Ben and Skin Show. Ben and Skin local dudes who have been cracking each other up since they were six graders growing up together in Richardson. Still every bit is immature week days three to six on the Eagle. I think that's AI.
Speaker 2: I'll say it's real, just so we have opposition. It's real. Hell yeah, I knew, sound like you, bro. The Ben and Skins never heard him say Still every bit.
Speaker 1: I never more close friends who all went to un t just a few decades apart. Local people, local stories, laughing it up weekdays three to six on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's Ben. That's real. Damn it. I think I saw that earlier. Yeah, you should sit out. Well, no, he didn't tell me what was Ai and what wasn't. Oh that's fair, that's true.
Speaker 1: Uh, the Ben and Skin Show it's like junk food for your soul, inappropriate, unpredictable, and guaranteed to make your boss wonder why you're laughing your ass off at your desk.
Speaker 2: Ai that you tweaked Ben? It's Ai that I tweet. Yeah, it's pretty good. So it's a Ben.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's artificial Ben. All right, it's artificial be intelligence.
Speaker 1: Whoa damn The Ben and Skin Show, four fully grown delinquents with absolutely no adults susion. It's not safe, it's not smart, but at least it's free. But it's so Ai ben Ai.
Speaker 2: Damn it. How about this?
Speaker 1: Imagine if Beavis and butt Heead grew up and somehow landed a legit radio gig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like that, but dumber ben Ai. Okay, how about that? Isn't that crazy? Uh?
Speaker 1: Here go warning listening may cause, uncontrollable power, laughing, questionable life choices, an appreciation for random documentaries, sex robots in your algorithm, and an irrational love for two aging dirtbags from Richardson, Yeah, Ben, that's me. That's crazy, right. I am so impressed by it, and I feel you had with it. I don't know how to turn it into a sex robot. I shopped online, but I couldn't find one that was in my range.
Speaker 2: Did you take care of yourself all reading it? I'm only looking to spend about ten grand? Ay?
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, that should be that should be our next video series. The guy that goes into the car dealership and says, I'm only looking to spend about ten grand and just see where it goes from there.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's all right time. Man, that's the first thing you say when you walk in the door. Look, I'm only looking this better about ten grand. But dude, people are and I worry about AI because I do. I think I understand what you're saying, Like, is AI coming for people's jobs? I mean probably, because there's going to be so much more efficient to do so many things. But also the people that learn how to use AI are going to have job security.
Speaker 4: True, No, that's that's fair. But also it's not so much about now, it's the fear of where it's going. So like an audiobook, Now, okay, now here's some live breaking news, and here's now AI giving you the news on the breaking news. So it's the same type of thing that's going to happen.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you just said.
Speaker 4: So it's the same way like you got a book and listen to an audiobook, You're having the book read to you. Okay, it's going to get smarter and smarter. Okay, And there's a fire in Carrollton, and now they'll be able to program AI to react to that.
Speaker 1: Far that AI is going to learn how to react to local news. Yes, well, there's still so many mistakes in the stuffy.
Speaker 3: It's going to learn how to say something that you're accustomed to hearing, right, Like, it's not AI is not going to have the ability to give you facts on the news unless AI learns to go in and just take it off of the police, blotterer or whatever.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But like AI stories, AI culminates, and so that's what I'm saying, it'll be able to tell you something that sounds like a news story. But AI is not going to be able to tell you what's actually happening in Carrollton at the time. It's going to be a human that's going to give you that. What I would say is that AI is going to teach us that none of us were real. And the greatest thing that the Aliens ever did when they created our civilization was that they planted the song Row Row, Row your boat. It's so simple, it's so basic, but it's so true, and AI is teaching us.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I'm just talking with the second verse.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this the other day. I wasn't even smoking weed or eating gummies, but I was thinking about you what if what if Earth is just you know, like people do Let's cook Kyrie, let's go, people do experiments on rats?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: What if it's all just like an ant farm and people are just it's all just experiments.
Speaker 3: That's a there's a I think this probably came about because at least as a mainstream conversation because of the matrix.
Speaker 2: Dance marching dude.
Speaker 3: But that is this idea, is that we're just a bunch of simulations. Yeah, and then We're just kind of like the way we play video games. We're that version for a higher civilization. It's coda. We're Cod fraliens. That's what our life is. We're Cod Fraliens.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We are off and running on a Friday, and we're having an absolute blast. Coming up next, it's the Hollywood Shuffle. The kid from the Sixth Sense absolutely loves to part. We're gonna prove it with this news story next.
Speaker 2: Don't miss it.