Speaker 1: All right, this segment is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. There's only one location in all of DFW of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. It's in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. But it is so good it was named best pizzeria in all of DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. They got Dallas styles, Chicago Style, Detroit Style, Tavern style, and New York style pizza. And everybody says they've mastered all five styles and that's what sets them apart. And that's why people are driving from all over the metroplex to get to Plano, to get to Preston and Plano Parkway to go to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. I did see this update before we move on to the weekly week day update. This is from Mark Stein at the Steinline on Twitter. He had a report that Anthony Davis and Derek Lively the Second are indeed both progressing towards an in season return. Whether those reactivations actually happen, of course, well that remains to be seen. But Davis played two on two this past weekend and will almost certainly reach the point before season's end that playing in an NBA game is feasible.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: You might be of the mindset that, hey, you just want to see the MAVs lose so they go get a better draft pick, or maybe they cling to the play in Tournament and get in. But they're not gonna get Kyrie back, and they're not gonna have Kyrie back until maybe halfway or further into next season, and so you wonder, Okay, there's not a lot of upside there. But at the same time, they don't even have bodies that are able to get out there play. They can't even add players because they're stuck. And so I mean, there's been some talk out there that the MAVs might have to forfeit games if they can't field enough people.
Speaker 2: I can see the NBA letting that happen, right, But there's gotta be some hardship where they could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't know enough about the ins and outs of that, but like through all of this, if the season were to in today, the Evericks should be in the play in Tournament.
Speaker 2: Yeah, against the t Wolves.
Speaker 3: Like that's what's weird about it is they're technically still in right the playoff sort of, it's wild wild, you know, I don't personally think it'll last that long.
Speaker 1: But hey, yesterday we'll see Jason Kidd had this quote where he was like, this is the first time I've ever heard of this. I we don't have enough players for me to sub out guys when they're tired, because there's nobody else to go in and let them catch a breather, So they're already beyond the hardship level.
Speaker 2: I do get that. I understand that.
Speaker 3: But as a guy who went to a town where you kind of had to play everything and we able to occasionally have great issues or not enough people, Dude, we played a.
Speaker 2: Lot of games with five guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're playing every minute, you're conserving energy, you're changing your normally fast paced offense to slow it down. Yeah, because the five of you have to play the whole game. Well, problem with that comment from jakib Okay.
Speaker 2: I like it. Seven guys ever a game. Let's compare it to only high school basketball. It's just relatable. It's exactly right, it's exactly right right. Now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: And now it's time for bas Sweet Day Up Day featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: Now, I could talk about all the shootings that happen over the weekend, but I really don't want to, So with all due respect to the levity of those stories, you can go somewhere else if you want to get that.
Speaker 2: Am I gonna do that here? We're trying to have a little fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one time Ben came to the show years back a little concussed. And it is weird that, you know, we should have just told Ben look saying some weird stuff today, man, but he legit had a concussion. I'm just gonna play a couple of audio clips, you know, just kind of it's not all. It's a little fragmented, but these are some of the things he said while battling the concussion on the Airlive and Top five Marketing.
Speaker 1: Frogs are disappearing. Ask yourself. You spent a long time. I promise you if you think about it, frogs are disappearing.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed how few frogs there are? Have you noticed that they're all disappearing. I have this theory on frogs. That's how it started.
Speaker 1: Please back me on this at four three seven three three. The frogs are disappearing. I swear to you they're all gone.
Speaker 2: There's more. Hold on, when's the last.
Speaker 1: Time you saw a frog when you weren't like at a swamp or a creek.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Frog Man as a show is really just about one guy in the suburbs who looks out and is like.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, look there's a frog. Check it out. I haven't seen it one in a while. That's a big one. Wow. All right, So that's that's the gist a Frogman. That was the pitch for the TV show of frog Man.
Speaker 1: I stand by it. It's better than the pitch pitch for shark butt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I'll give you that one. Chuk bow is not a good pitch. But I found the story today and it made me think of frogs. America's butterflies are disappearing at a catastrophic rate. Oh no, according to the Associated Press, so you know, a real news service. Okay, the number of butterflies has twenty two percent since the year two thousand do to climate change insecticides. Habitats are lost, so the wing to beauties have gone away. Butterflies are disappearing.
Speaker 2: Damn that sucks.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever heard the idea that, uh, this idea that if you lose someone, when the first butterfly you see is that person.
Speaker 3: Yes, you've heard that. I've not heard that. I've heard that with you know, the Cardinal and the red bird. Yeah, but usually for those who practice Catholic faith. This is what that is about. I think I watched conclave.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, so the bird is me too?
Speaker 6: Is weird?
Speaker 5: Did they come back as a bird or a turtle?
Speaker 3: And that guy did not have sex with that turtle? Just in case anyone's asking, it's not what happened. Yeah, I know you've heard that.
Speaker 5: The butt I definitely heard that thing.
Speaker 7: And so I was in Florida once with Vida and she had just had someone pass away that she was close to, and then we were just sitting outside by the pool and there's a butterfly and so that's when she brought it up.
Speaker 5: She's like, oh my god, she started tearing up because of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that that has happened to me as well. That was my mom was big under that thing, and that was the idea.
Speaker 2: When my dad had passed, there was a butterfly around and she thought that that was. Yeah. I'm like, I don't know, man, if that's if?
Speaker 1: If Now, if we're losing all the butterflies, what does that mean in that regard?
Speaker 3: I was very young, but Papa Buddy was telling me like it was the stars we talk to each other.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, that it's pretty cool, and yeah, good kids, you don't understand.
Speaker 3: I really want to focus in though, if butterflies just like this was the pitch for the TV show from can cussed Ben Listen.
Speaker 1: Frog Man as a show is really just about one guy in the suburbs who looks out and is like, hey, man, look there's a frog.
Speaker 2: Check it out. I haven't seen him one in a while. That's a big one. Wow. All right, So that's that's the gist of Frogman.
Speaker 3: So we can laugh and we can make fun of Ben, but the truth is back in twenty twenty one, it almost got to the finish line Frogman was a show was really and they aired some commercials, so you.
Speaker 2: Go, Okay.
Speaker 8: Tonight on TV, tune in for the series premiere a frog Man. He's local talk show host John Hopper. He thinks frogs are disappearing. He looks out his window one night and says, Hey, there's a frog. The next morning, John wakes up to realize he's about one half frog. Howe of his wife, family, and job all handled? The new John Hopper find out tonight on the series premiere of frog Man, nine eighth Central on TV It.
Speaker 5: All right, eighth Central. Okay, I mean it?
Speaker 3: Could you know a network proviously never picked it up? Yeah, but they had other promotional spots made for it.
Speaker 9: John hop I'm trying to juggle a job, marriage, and raising kids. It's never easy. Who can't relate? John Hopper is your everyday suburban man. But there's one catch. He's half frog. In the show, La Times called funny yet heart Film Genius described it as a mix of modern family and this is Us, but with more frogs. Tune into Night, nine eighth Central for a very special premiere, A Frogman.
Speaker 2: Riveting. Well, how about that? Thank you?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Very good?
Speaker 8: Cool?
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is a preview of one final episode of I'll See.
Speaker 6: Here Tonight on a very special series premiere, a Frogman can sharel Hopper deal with her new life.
Speaker 5: I didn't agree to marry a frog, John.
Speaker 6: Do you think I asked for this?
Speaker 8: No one asked for this.
Speaker 5: The kids need a father, not some weird frog.
Speaker 6: I might be a frog, but I'm still their father. Tune in for an emotional premiere a Frogman tonight, nine eighth Central on TV.
Speaker 7: All right, get interested in, Like what's gonna happen after that? The kids gonna say the kid's gonna turn into frogs.
Speaker 2: I think TV should pick that up and just kind of throw why not.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you saw a frog when you weren't like at a swamp or a creek.
Speaker 3: You know what last time I saw a frog? I have it in the city, haven't in a long time. I'm sure I have, but not recently. But you know, when I go to Olney, you know, which is two hours west of the Metropikes, I've seen frogs here and there quite a bit. Actually, they're putting in a new city pool and there's construction done over there.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: My my brother is involved in all that stuff. It was like, look, how he's frogs there? So they're out in the countries where they are. We moved away while the cooties and the wild boars have come into our city.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I remember my mom telling me her theory that frogs are disappearing, and then I never looked into it, and somehow I stumbled back upon it that day. And I don't know why, put your head. We grew up on a creek, and so like our front yard was like water. It was like a creek area, and so we saw frogs all the time, and then eventually I just stopped seeing them.
Speaker 2: But now I've seen them quite a bit. There.
Speaker 7: They've gone north, they've gone north, they've gonepearing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, maybe the frog's eating the butterflies.
Speaker 3: If you see a frog, make sure to tweet it to at skin WEIGHTE and you know, just show him, let him know that you've seen frogs.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh that's fantastic. So that show's on TV. It's on TV. Okay, good frog man, it's gonna be on TV. Fantastic, all right, fantastic stuff. Thank you for that. That sounds a little bit like a guy I know.
Speaker 1: Named strip Mall all right, coming up next in the big finish. Just when you think you can get away from being sad about Luca, well suddenly there's a joke on one of your favorite shows about the trade.
Speaker 2: That's coming up next.