Speaker 1: Pretzel, couldn't tag gen, couldn't taggets in in Karl.
Speaker 2: See a good dunka sangzi gen s kinogain.
Speaker 3: Yeah ghana ah nine, I am fredagnist.
Speaker 4: Shapelin blimzi langa In Berlin nine, Nobis Montagu sefaran of Pegana nine about himusphil Raisin, about Hicanish Philisen raisin estoya on the jabniuked.
Speaker 5: In this conversation you heard the word Zamstag, which means Saturday. Now listen again to this conversation, but this time the speakers are good friends, and we'll use do the informal form of.
Speaker 3: You Hello, Ingrid, Hello, Jim he gets they are good.
Speaker 2: Dunka sak mal ingrid mashtstom Frida and sino gain.
Speaker 1: Yaghana ahne Ian French.
Speaker 3: Lab stu langa In.
Speaker 4: Berlin nine, Nobis Montag to first off fag rise.
Speaker 2: To nine must philorizin a.
Speaker 1: Vakanish Philisen raisin estoya only jabnigugd.
Speaker 5: How do you greet someone in German.
Speaker 3: Guten talk?
Speaker 5: Now listen to the informal greeting and repeat hello, Hello. It's used the way we use hiangzi high Ingrid Hello, Ingrid, how goes it?
Speaker 3: Jim begets Jim de gates Jim.
Speaker 5: Jim and Ingrid are good friends. Listen and repeat how Jim says tell me or just say.
Speaker 2: Sok ma, my sock sok ma.
Speaker 5: The word male is frequently used in casual conversation to add emphasis Zgzi tell me, Ingrid.
Speaker 2: Sokm Ingrid?
Speaker 5: Would you like vid?
Speaker 3: Merch tist? Do do?
Speaker 2: Merchdist test merch tist do.
Speaker 5: Do is normally used to address good friends and family. The typical ending for this form is st he do merchist. Use the informal dual form throughout this unit. Ask a friend, would you like to go to the movies?
Speaker 2: Merch?
Speaker 3: Just doins quin again? Merch just doins quin again?
Speaker 5: Fragzi when would you like to go?
Speaker 3: Fun mech just again? Fun much just again? Viz AGSI he goes argee and yet it's a fragen?
Speaker 5: When are you going?
Speaker 3: Fun geist?
Speaker 5: Do geest, I'm going on Friday?
Speaker 2: Giam Fried talk, I'm Fried talk.
Speaker 5: Zi he can.
Speaker 3: Here? I can.
Speaker 5: Can you go?
Speaker 2: Constugain cans do.
Speaker 5: Can you come along on Friday?
Speaker 2: Cons? Do am fridach mit common? Cons do am friedchach mit common.
Speaker 5: Here's how to ask a friend. May I invite you with the horns sword, invite.
Speaker 2: Iron laden laden laden iron iron laden.
Speaker 3: May I with a honsey bitter darfish, darf.
Speaker 2: Darfish.
Speaker 3: May I invite you with any.
Speaker 2: Darkish dish, iron laden dish, dish, iron laden darfish dish, iron.
Speaker 3: Laden withsact man invite iron laden frokens mile.
Speaker 5: May I invite you.
Speaker 2: Darfish dish ein laden dish davis dis ein laden.
Speaker 5: Yes, zagen, you would like to invite me.
Speaker 3: Do mesest ein laden misch do mecht ein laden, Yes, to the movies, Yeah, in skino thos Achtmann to a concert video in concert.
Speaker 2: In concert does concert?
Speaker 3: Fragnzi?
Speaker 5: Would you like to go to a concert.
Speaker 2: Merchest in concert a gain in concert merchest in concert.
Speaker 6: Gain viz agzi to the movies in skino, Fragnzi, may I invite you to a concert.
Speaker 2: Dawstichans concert and laden, dawstichans concert and laden.
Speaker 3: That is nice of you, Vido Junesi of you fon dea dear dear Fonda, Zangzi of you Fonda and viza man of me for mia.
Speaker 2: For mia.
Speaker 3: Vide Junsi does wd nice net net zangzi.
Speaker 5: That's very nice of you.
Speaker 3: Does this Thenette funda ziannette funda.
Speaker 5: I like to go to the movies. Remember to use.
Speaker 1: Gern ikigan ikankino.
Speaker 5: But I prefer to go to a concert.
Speaker 3: Aberkir liba is concert aberkiir liba and is concert misakmann.
Speaker 5: She may.
Speaker 3: Sidav zagzi.
Speaker 5: You may remember to keep using the familiar.
Speaker 3: Do daft. You may invite me to a concert. Do doves mek insconsett and laden. Do doves mek ins, consett and laden.
Speaker 5: If you would like, when do mush just that's nice of you.
Speaker 3: Does the snat fon dear? Does the snat fon dear?
Speaker 5: I have time on Saturday with the hold and see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm sum stacked side SAMs sam stuck. Yeah, but I'm zamstat.
Speaker 3: Side wizachtmann Saturday Zamstag.
Speaker 5: Zamstag is the word for Saturday, which is used in the south of Germany, in Austria and in Switzerland. Here's the word for Saturday that's used in the north vide junzi.
Speaker 3: Sonabuend abend zon zonabend.
Speaker 5: Now try to say both words for Saturday together.
Speaker 3: Zamstack son abend zamstag sona abuend.
Speaker 5: Viza and zi, I have time on Saturday. Use both versions.
Speaker 3: Ayah but I'm the start side a yah but I'm z onab inside. When does the concert begin? Video but beginter's concert begin begins?
Speaker 5: The concert begins?
Speaker 2: Does concert begin?
Speaker 5: It begins.
Speaker 3: As begints begint.
Speaker 5: At eight p m. For schedules and events, people in German speaking countries use the twenty four hour official time at eight p m becomes at twenty o'clock.
Speaker 3: Say this.
Speaker 2: Um swanssur um swansshur.
Speaker 5: Try to say he has and follow it with you have using do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hut to hust yeah hut to hust.
Speaker 3: Yet strang THEI do you have time?
Speaker 5: On Friday? Keep using do.
Speaker 2: Hast to m Fredricht side astu and Fredricht side.
Speaker 5: Visangzi at seven pm use official time.
Speaker 2: Anoins in wor omnoins in wor.
Speaker 5: The concert begins at seven pm?
Speaker 2: Does concert begin to amnoins in wor? Does concert begin anoins in.
Speaker 5: Wor zangxi the movies begin at eight pm?
Speaker 2: Does qino begin, twans ur.
Speaker 5: Om twansshur, Well, then shall we go to the concert.
Speaker 2: Also Voarenvien's concert Gain also Voarenvien's concert Gain.
Speaker 5: When does it begin?
Speaker 3: Fun beginners?
Speaker 5: I believe at seven pm.
Speaker 3: Clubumnoins in or umnoins in or?
Speaker 5: May I invite you to the concert.
Speaker 2: Daverishtitians concert and Laden Dafishtitians concert and Laden?
Speaker 5: That's nice of you?
Speaker 3: Does the snet Fonda does the net Fonda.
Speaker 5: But I would like to invite you.
Speaker 3: About Himush de dish and Laden, hmush de dish and Laden.
Speaker 5: May I invite you.
Speaker 3: Davis Dikin Laden, dar vischin Laden.
Speaker 5: I would like to invite.
Speaker 3: Youchmerch de dischin Laden.
Speaker 5: We can eat something beforehand.
Speaker 3: Beekun't foeer. It was essen, pequn't foyer.
Speaker 5: It was Essen, if you would like.
Speaker 2: And the mersdist.
Speaker 5: At my place.
Speaker 2: By Miya by Mia.
Speaker 5: That's very nice of you.
Speaker 3: Does this, Jeanette funda h does this Jeanette fund dear, And we.
Speaker 5: Can drink something afterwards.
Speaker 2: Unquen nah it was drinking, und nah it was drinking.
Speaker 5: At your place, by dear, Shall we drink something at your place?
Speaker 2: It was drinking. It was drinking.
Speaker 5: Yes, I have wine at home, Yeah, I carb.
Speaker 3: A wine Sehauser yeah, I carb a wine, Sehauser.
Speaker 5: Red wine and white wine, old.
Speaker 3: Wine on twice wine, old wine on twice wine.
Speaker 5: I also have beer and mineral water.
Speaker 1: IB beyond mineral vasa ihab beyond mineralvasa.
Speaker 5: If you would like.
Speaker 3: Vendomostist using fahn, how do you say he is going.
Speaker 2: Faiat faiat.
Speaker 3: Zangzi?
Speaker 5: You are going.
Speaker 2: Do first? Do first?
Speaker 5: You are going to Frankfurt, right.
Speaker 2: Frankfurt, pfirs, Frankfurt, Pfirs Frankfurt.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm going Monday or Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah? If mntag or dadeen Stag, Yeah, if muntak gurraadeen Stag, you.
Speaker 5: Travel a lot.
Speaker 2: To riist fear to raist.
Speaker 5: Do you like to travel? Remember to use Garne.
Speaker 2: Christ to Ghana, Christ to Ghana.
Speaker 5: Not always.
Speaker 3: Zagzi.
Speaker 5: I never have to travel.
Speaker 2: Ishimusnis ishmusnis, wisaktman my work.
Speaker 3: Mina abit, mina abite.
Speaker 5: Ant viz ag zi your work. Use the familiar.
Speaker 3: Dinah abit.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 3: Ischmarkragen.
Speaker 5: Do you like your work?
Speaker 3: Marx to dinah abit, Marx to dinah Abit.
Speaker 5: Do you like to work? Ask literally? Do you work?
Speaker 3: Gladly abitistu Ghana? Are they test to Ghana.
Speaker 5: Ask do you like to travel?
Speaker 3: Rise to Ghana? Rise to Ghana.
Speaker 5: Listen to the answer Na ya munch more. Na ya means well yes. To express some hesitation or doubt, say well yes. Sometimes na yah much more, na yah na ya munch more, not always. I refer to stay.
Speaker 2: Is plabliba liba liba.
Speaker 5: I prefer to stay at home.
Speaker 2: Is playliba to houser.
Speaker 5: Let's practice official time. One pm. In official time is thirteen o'clock. Say one pm, thirteen war say three pm, fun w say five pm.
Speaker 3: Tip tin wa.
Speaker 5: Sechtin do you remember the word for thirty.
Speaker 3: Kraisisch risis?
Speaker 5: Four thirty pm is sixteen o'clock thirty Say.
Speaker 3: This sechtin what risis? Sechtin what risis?
Speaker 5: Now? Try three thirty pm.
Speaker 2: Frindzins funditzin what raisi?
Speaker 5: Ask how long are the shops opened?
Speaker 3: Belang as in tiger chef to go off it be lang as in tiger chef to go off it.
Speaker 5: Say until six p m. Use official times arts inour This is the end of today's lesson. When you continue with the next unit tomorrow, please begin with track number two.