Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. My lord, it is the craziest presidential election of our lifetime and very much the most high stakes, so I get to dive into the latest. We always keep it fresh, and today we'll be talking about more good news, more reason to believe that Trump's going to win. But as has been the theme so often, we're talking about things that appear bad on the surface, but as you dig into them, you realize they're actually good news, and we'll have very concrete examples of that today as well. And then there's just the good old fashioned good news. Right Hell, there's a new poll, it's good for Trump. It's just right there. So we'll cover all of that.
Speaker 2: And one of the reasons we do that is it's fun.
Speaker 1: Another reason is that we know a tactic of the left is to try to discourage to cause to spare on the right and right leaning unaffiliated, and you know, we saw that well. Best latest examples twenty twenty where there Wisconsin Pole just before on election day had Trump down some impossible number and he ends up losing by a handful of votes. But that routine very very common with the polling done by a most industry polster.
Speaker 2: So we got that going for us today.
Speaker 1: We'll have some fun with that kind of an overarch is we're going to talk about the VP walts. We're going to talk about Walls and whether you think they're going to dump them. But what I really want to hear from you, because hey, and whether they're going to dump them or not, right, we're all guessing right, and I'll lay out a lot of reasons why unfortunately they should. But what I'd love to hear from you is do you think it would help or hurt Harris to dump him? And you're aware, obviously of the competing arguments there, but I'd be very anxious for your take on that because I think you could argue it either way. My mind, it's a no brain my mind. She gains tremendously by dumping them. Why because she has virtually the entire press with a couple of noble exceptions, in her pocket. So if she does something bad and which she has done many bad things. If if the media is not reporting it consistently often, it doesn't get the traction. It doesn't mean the American people have missed it and it won't be a factor, but it doesn't get the same traction. I mean, whereas, let's say Trump had dropped JD. Vance and he never would have and thank god he didn't. I mean, Vance just gets better and better every day. But let's say he had, It's all you'd hear about all day, every day until election day. Oh, it shows Trump bad judgment. Trump's a coward, this, this, that that. So it does more harm to him because it is traction. And whereas if Kamala Harris and I think there's still a very solid chance of it, you know, drops walls during the convention next week, well at that point it's a one day story at most, and they cover for her.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it would hurt her in.
Speaker 1: Sound ways, but nowhere near as much as if there was a constant drum beat on it. Eight five five zero five A two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: So count me as one guy who's.
Speaker 1: Going to be very very grateful and happy if she sticks with Walls. Because you did that switcher rude to Shapiro out of Pennsylvania and the road just got a lot tougher before I.
Speaker 2: Dive into the sound.
Speaker 1: Right, Is there any scenario now where Trump wins without Pennsylvania? Realistic scenario? Is that a new haircut. You're looking very GQ like fortune five hundred to day, you get a new job, a head.
Speaker 3: Court and uh I doan kaplis in persons?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 2: So I bet you won. It was traffic court. You're here, so you probably won. You're not in chains.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then dragged me away. That's a good point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, winning Pennsylvania is critical, but it's Trump can win the election by simply winning Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina. So he's got to win those four, put those in his pocket. Then he only has to win one Dan of Pennsylvania, Michigan or Wisconsin. Harris would have to run the table. That still looks like the electoral math. I don't care what the polls say nationally. Otherwise, if Trump holds onto Nevada, which looks like he's been wanting to flip for the whole cycle, Arizona, Georgia back in his column, keeps North Carolina.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's the math in the table.
Speaker 5: She has to sweep the blue Wall States, the so called blue Wall States, the Rust spell at the Upper Midwest, all three of them.
Speaker 2: But I think we could put it this way.
Speaker 1: If he wins Pennsylvania, and as we sit here right now, I think an argument can be made that Pennsylvania is among his strongest states, his strongest possibilities, because his heroism following the assassination attempt occurred there and I think it forged a bond in addition to all of the other reasons.
Speaker 2: And Kamala Harrison, we could play this out right out to Hanna. Of course, of course she opposes fractice.
Speaker 5: I mean, right there, Dan, he needs to hammer her on wanting to ban fracking, adds all over Pennsylvania, appearances from Erie to Pittsburgh to Philadelphia to Harrisburg in between. I'm with you, Dan, if he really pours a lot of resources into Pennsylvania, I think they'll pay off if he wins Pennsylvania, he wins the election.
Speaker 6: Frank Lumps, but I assure you that Donald Trump is doing better among the average union member, not teachers' unions, and not the unions for government, but everybody else, the trades people work in their hands. He's doing better among them than any Republican has done in decades. This is not going to be a problem for him. The union leadership is more divided from their membership, and the louder that it gets, the greater the divides are going to come in. And my focus groups, this is remarkable to me. The union membership says they don't speak for me. And I've been doing this now since nineteen I hate to say this, eighty.
Speaker 2: Nine, nineteen ninety.
Speaker 6: I've never had union people publicly say they don't speak for me.
Speaker 1: Another reason, it's twenty sixteen all over again. As long as President Trump is sharp, and this brings us to some pretty direct criticism of him today by Megan Kelly.
Speaker 2: And I want to play.
Speaker 1: This, but I want to put it in the category of what appears to be bad news that is actually good news, or at least potentially good news, because the truth is, you know that the fact that Harris is in the race now and because of the lies and the media and this, this, that, that, and frankly some smart moves that the other side is making the race is a whole lot tougher for Trump right now. And my hope is, like with all of us, think about you think about your own life. I know I can think about mine is you know, it's it's those most difficult moments, those toughest challenges, those times that we've failed and then had to rise back up and conquer, that make us better and often make us better. And I'm sure this is true in your life, often make us better in a hurry where you get that the.
Speaker 2: Leaps and bounds where you.
Speaker 1: Get decades in days kind of progress. And and so I think this criticism Trump is getting that. Hey man, this ain't Biden on the other side anymore. You've just got to be sharper, you know. I hopefully will will make him even better and even better in a hurry, because I think he will have to be, and I'm assuming he will be.
Speaker 7: I would encourage more reporting on you know, is Trump in some state of decline? I think that's a fair question to ask of any seventy eight year old that is a yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's absolut absolutely fair question. And look, I mean we've one of the reasons why Trump gets upset with yours truly is because I have been raising that question for a while, and when he has what appeared to be senior moments, I will call him out on it. And he doesn't like that, and I can't say that I blame him, but that's that's my job. I will say that in that discussion with Elon, to me, he seemed quite rambling. I mean it was like, yeah, he rambles. He goes on too long at his rallies and in these exchanges and at his presser the other day, to where you get kind of bored, you lose the thread, you lose interest, which is not something you're used to with Trump. Trump in twenty sixteen he was tough to lose interest in, and I think that's probably an age related change. So I think this is one of the challenges that the people around him, who are I'm sure are desperately trying to get him to stick on message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think she's right?
Speaker 1: Do you think that Trump needs to be more focused, that he should be shorter, that he should ramble less, or do you think she's dead wrong on that? I'd like to get your take on that. Eight five five four zero five eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: And then one other quick note because you see a lot of headlines today.
Speaker 1: About cook political reports, swing state polls, hair US up three, hair US up four, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Hey, wait a second, a second.
Speaker 1: These polls were completed two weeks ago, two weeks ago. Why do you think they're being dropped right now? And this is what I mean by just another example of something that looks bad on the surface for Trump, but when you dig in, is actually very good news because because think about where things were at two weeks ago, and why are they just dropping these poles now when they were done two weeks ago eight five five for zero five A two five five the number d A N five seven seven three nine. So when we come back, do you agree with Megan Kelly that Trump needs to get sharper and shorter and go on less or do you think you're messing with the magic At that point you're on the Dankapla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 9: I cannot get over my friends about everything about her campaign is fake, a fake joy that comes from being promoted to a new position instead of using the position you already have to do your job and make the lives of the decisions of this country better. It's a fake ticket that never earned a single Democrat primary vote.
Speaker 10: See.
Speaker 2: I think that's a key point.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's a central point in the campaign, but it's a point worth making. And this whole theme of fake because I'll tell you this, and you know this because you know people in that demo. But when you're talking about people, and let's ask Kelly, is she back there?
Speaker 2: She wakes?
Speaker 1: Let's asks the Kelly right because Kelly's daughter was just visiting beautiful young woman, tremendous college golfer.
Speaker 2: Ah. But there is and I.
Speaker 1: Don't expect you or anyone else to get this right, because there can be three or four right answers, but this is one of them. There is a buzzword among quote the kids right now, and it extends beyond that. But what is the most important quality to people in that like eighteen to two twenty four age group right now? What are they looking for in people as they size up people and depend on whether they trust people?
Speaker 2: What are they looking for? What's that word?
Speaker 11: They look at influencers on TikTok and some on YouTube, but mostly they're all into the TikTok thing.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're talking about it, that's a great point.
Speaker 1: If you're talking about a politician, though, I think what people in that age demo and it's not limited to them, but what they're looking for is the buzzword is authenticity. They're looking for authenticity is somebody real. And I think that one thing with Trump is love them or hate them, you know that guy's real. I mean, what you see is what you get. Yes, with Kamala Harrison, I'm glad they're going after this fake thing because so much about her is fake. But I love the fake ticket point. It is a fake ticket. It's the only time in American history where the presidential nominee and the VP they didn't get a single vote, single primary. It's a fake ticket. So I'm glad that Vance has labeled him that way.
Speaker 11: I'll tell you what else kind of pushed both of my children toward conservativism is when they started their jobs and they got their paychecks and they found out, oh my gosh, what are all these fees that are taken out when I'm supposed to be making this much an hour and I'm only taking home this much.
Speaker 2: So that's another.
Speaker 11: Quality that has really determined how they kind of have thought. And I never thought Haley in a million years would vote for Trump in primary.
Speaker 1: And she did well, that is awesome. And you know, tying into the fake thing. And I understand the campaign will be dropping this hammer later.
Speaker 12: And it's a specific phase of life. Remember, age is more than a chronological fact. What else do we know about this population eighteenth through twenty four? They are stupid, that is why we put them in dormitories, and they have a resident assistant. They make really bad decisions.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you know this whole fake theme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep it going, have it out there, but then back it up with stuff like this, so it's not just name calling, but when you got really powerful points such as they didn't get a single vote in a single primary, some Texters hiding ray the Megan Kelly clip. Would I like to see a more focus, less rambling Trump. Absolutely do. I think it's due to aging. Not really, it's just his style. Thank goodness for Vance, who is more focused. And yes, Trump is definitely rambling too much too often. He needs to listen to more questions, focus and shorten his response. Quit with the going overboard and with schoolyard, personal insults, bot fight fight fight Trump style. No, I think that's great advice, right, and hopefully what we'll see her is, yeah, Trump's got to be Trump.
Speaker 2: That's part of his magic.
Speaker 1: But just tightened up, Just tighten up in ammering those messages that are going to win, and no more mega unforced errors like criticizing the Georgia Governor Brian kemp is of what sixty five percent approval in a state that you've got to win and it's going to be hard fought. Now, Trump does so many things, well, it's easy to zero in on the occasional mistake.
Speaker 2: We all make them.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is down the stretch here, this race is going to be determined. I submit in large part by how sharp President Trump is. I think the American people get Kamala Harris, that they get her awfulness for those who view far left San Francisco radical phony is awful. I think they already get the Wall stuff, which is why have you guys noticed if you go look at the if you go look at the Harris Walls graphics that you see now at different campaign appearances, it's like you're going in for an eye exam to read the walls. Now, when they did their big intro in Pennsylvania, remember that, and he's flying around some goofy sixty year old mel cheerleader. But but walls, these big letters. You know, a blind person could have seen him. But now that the latest Harris Walls thing that was up behind him at this speech he just gave. It's literally like going in for an eye exam. Can you read that bottom line? D W and maybe a Z yeah, yeah, yeah, So that tells you.
Speaker 5: The word is so important here, Dan, it's real versus fake. You got to be able to frame this in a snapshot.
Speaker 3: That's it. Jd Vance has done a wonderful job of this.
Speaker 5: But it's fake. It's fraudulent, it's phony. It feels forced, it feels put upon, it's thrown together. This is not a well organized campaign at this point, so they're trying to stay away from, you know, stepping in it.
Speaker 3: Walls.
Speaker 2: You don't think you don't think her campaign is well organized.
Speaker 1: I think her campaign, listen, I think she's all the awful things in office you say she is, But I think her campaign the cabal that was able to depart a democratically.
Speaker 3: Elected press panics of that I'm talking.
Speaker 1: I think the camp, their campaign unfortunately, is being very well run right now, and they're very smart to hide Harris because if they put her out there, it just proves that she's not capable.
Speaker 3: It's AstroTurf. It's an AstroTurf campaign.
Speaker 5: Everything about the appearances seem fake and forced and phony. And I think it's going to run out of steam and she's going to peek here at the convention coming up next week that doesn't have.
Speaker 3: Staying powered down. They can't walk and chew gum.
Speaker 5: At the same time, Jim Acosta was giving Harris Advisor a crap because they can't do one.
Speaker 3: Of one interview in the month of August.
Speaker 1: Come on, yeah and uh And we'll play that Acosta sound after the break.
Speaker 2: It's worth listening to.
Speaker 1: And but but again, let's be realistic about where this leads.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Okay, some media putting some pressure on her right now, but all that means is that, Okay, there's gonna she's gonna sit down for an interview and and she's gonna get coddled, and she's going to be able to slide through it. And then all of a sudden, people say well, look, she did so great in the interview and then that's the last interview. Yeah for a long time. I mean god, yeah. Branding news, Oh good. We love that.
Speaker 5: Fox News poll, which we know the polling service and system for Fox News does.
Speaker 3: Not lean right. No, it does not lean right.
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't Trump fifty Harris forty nine trumps one.
Speaker 1: See that's huge, that's huge because thank you for that, Ryan, because Fox leans probably a couple of points left right, and that would be consistent with some other national polling we've seen. And listen, does that mean okay, Trump's up a point in the polls? It means he wins. No, but in terms of momentum and momentum for the Harris campaign, and that lines up with the CNBC poll. It also lines up with this question we raised yesterday, which is why haven't we seen more national polls since she picked Walls?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, there have been a couple here and there, but there hasn't been a whole bunch of those polls. You can bet more have been done than we've seen.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's really good stuff, really encouraging their Ryan.
Speaker 1: And again that's against the back drop of the polls the left is celebrating today. I was going to use a different word, but it's a family show. Those cook reports swing state poles, they were conducted weeks ago.
Speaker 2: They ended August second. The issue is whether the sugar.
Speaker 1: High is worn off, and a lot of indications it has here on the.
Speaker 2: Dan Capitlis Show.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, I told you we're going to have a soft landing.
Speaker 9: We're going to have a soft landing my policies and work and start writing that way.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wow, do you think Americans are feeling that? You think Americans are.
Speaker 1: Feeling that prices are down, that all of a sudden inflation is not an issue for them.
Speaker 2: That is so out of touch. But I'm glad to.
Speaker 1: See the proof of life right because one of the challenges ahead of us is the distinct possibility that the cabal that deposed him as nominee he will run Biden out and make Harris president before election day. If, as we suspect, her momentum is starting to fage. You may get a little bumped from the dump convention, but once your numbers start to go down, this is gonna be one of the most enjoyable times of your life because watching the left totally lose their bowels. Once her numbers start to go down, my lord, you're gonna want like me. You're gonna be want to listen to this stuff and watch it twenty four hours a day. But once that starts to happen, then yeah, very very distinct possibility. They run by now Cloaker and the presidency and hope that revs are back up again. Speaking of which, oh, by the way, on prices, on prices, listen.
Speaker 2: I thank God every day.
Speaker 1: I have a good job, we make a good living, but it is so hard to go out to eat anymore, right, I mean, it's like insane. We were celebrating the other night because Caroline's had these great accomplishments and Joe just got a job with literally one of the top five law firms in the world, and so we were celebrating both kids great accomplishments, and we go to this place, I won't name it. It's been our special occasion place, you know, a couple of times a year, maybe for ten years, maybe twenty years. Can't do it anymore, and I mean we think God can afford it, but just can't do it anymore because you just feel bad spending that much money at a dinner.
Speaker 5: Can't justify the expense. And Dan, I'm right there with you. I mean grocery prices. I talk about this all the time. It's the deli test for me at King Soupers when roast beef is sixteen dollars a pound now and we're talking to private selection and stuff, not just the boar's head. And then when I try to get a sandwich, I got a foot long sandwich, Dan, and I'll name names here, snarfs love snarfs. Seventeen bucks for a foot long sandwich, remember five dollars foot longs from subway. And it's not just snarfs. I like Jersey Mike's too. They're about the same price. You get a full sized sandwich there it's eight. Yeah, that's insane. That's like double what it used to be not that long ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, it is crazy.
Speaker 1: So all I'm saying is when Biden's out there saying, oh, well it's worked, et cetera, yeah, I don't think the American people are feeling that. And I don't think Harris is going to be able to pull off on day one I'm going to lower prices. Jd Vance had a great retort to that today. Hey day one was, you know, January whatever it was, twenty twenty one, you know, when they were sworn in.
Speaker 2: He had a great retort to that. He just gets better every day.
Speaker 1: But speaking of all that, oh, you know what, my friend, because we had our little tomahawk bet right, and we promised to that for a tom talk a Tomahawk's steak when we went out for that big celebration the other night. Tomahawk's steak on that menu costs literally three times as much as my first car.
Speaker 2: True story, true story's crazy, but.
Speaker 1: Three times as much as my first car. Amazing, Yeah, just craziness. Hey, speaking of Biden, and speaking of this concern, we all rightfully have all of us who want to see Trump win and America prosper that they'll run him out and Harris will become president before election day.
Speaker 2: Here's another brick in that wall.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've been talking about very powerful exhibit A, when all of a sudden, the Special Council just happened to add another piece of evidence in the tax case that's going to trial in September.
Speaker 2: Supposedly another piece of.
Speaker 1: Evidence showing that Hunter Biden had taken a million bucks from Romanian oligarch to try to it appears Influence's father was the story. Well, why do you think they add that now? I mean, they obviously are adding that as leverage and Joe Biden listen to this news story, any w story, and it's being discussed on CNA.
Speaker 2: What does Harris do about this anything?
Speaker 13: I mean, it's not Kamala Harris's son, and so there's a little bit more distance than when it was the presidential nominee son.
Speaker 3: This isn't great Biden.
Speaker 13: Everybody in the White House is known for a long time as an issue. The way that the that his lawyers responded to this disclosure to say that, well, yeah, he sound letters but did nothing wrong, It doesn't. This feels very strange to people that the vice president's son was sending letters or making requests to other government officials and saying, hey.
Speaker 2: Do you meet with this company.
Speaker 13: It may it may have been legal. We don't know anything otherwise at this point, like that we haven't seen the contents of the letter. It doesn't It does look like he was at least making people say, not if my last name though, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And why is this just coming out now that the Cabala is run Joe Biden? Now it just goes to what I've been telling you for a long time.
Speaker 2: They could run.
Speaker 1: Biden out anytime they want to, because he's corrupt. They have the proof, that's their leverage. They played the card, they dumped him, they installed Well, he wanted Harrison there because he wants the people who dumped him to lose. But they were able to run him out just like they can run him out of the presidency whenever they want to. Why does this now that Hunter Biden is out there or they have the documentary proof that while Joe Biden is vice president, Hunter Biden is trying to influence the actions of the US government on behalf of his paid clients. Why is this just coming out now? We all know the reason. But when they say, my friend, when they say this doesn't involve Kamala Harris, oh yes it does, because guess what question she's going to get if she ever does sit down for an interview, and she's certainly going to get it in the debate from Trump. What do you think that question is going to be? Are you going to pardon Hunter Biden, right, because you have listened to this double speak today from Karine Jean Pierre, the White House spokesperson. I'll give it to you in two parts, but it brings it right back to Harris.
Speaker 14: The New York Times is reporting that and Joe Biden saw help from a US ambassador on behalf of Aarisma.
Speaker 12: While company's board and while Biden was vice president.
Speaker 2: So what's Biden's reaction to this?
Speaker 15: And is he concerned about what this looks like to the American public.
Speaker 14: So I'll just report what I've said before, is that the President has never, has never done business with his son, and he was not aware of this, And for anything further, I would have to refer you to Hunter Biden's representative personal representatives. I can't speak beyond that. But again I've said this before. The President was not in business with his son, and this is the first time, as I the first time he was aware of this. And for anything further, you'd have to reach out to Biden.
Speaker 1: And obviously there's a mountain of evidence to the contrary we've already talked about. But here's the part where it comes back to Harris. Listen for the weasel words in here except.
Speaker 15: For the podium that President Biden would not pardon his son.
Speaker 14: If Vice President Harris is elected, would he tell her also to not honest? I mean that's a high ethetical that look the president. I could speak for the president, and he said he would not pardon his son, and I'm just going to leave it.
Speaker 1: There, right, he will not pardon his son. Now think about this for a second. And this doesn't rise to the probability point, but think about this. He has to make this September tax evasion trial go away because the tax evasion trial will make the last trial over lying about what he said under oaths on an application.
Speaker 2: Look like child's play.
Speaker 1: The tax evasion trial is about money, is about not paying taxes on money.
Speaker 2: And where did that money come from.
Speaker 1: Well, there's only one place Hunter Biden's money has come from, right that I've seen reported, and that's from people trying to buy influence with Joe Biden. So Joe Biden has to make this tax avasion trial I'll go away and again exhibit Hey, look at the Special Council just added this. Oh we got another piece of evidence. Yeah, Romanian oligarch pace Hunter a million dollars. Uh, and it's obvious right to try to influence the administration. So Joe Biden has to make this go away. Trial's coming up in mid September. If Joe Biden says he is never going to pardon his son, any lies all the time, right, Joe Biden. But if they're reiterating today he is never going to pardon his son. Does that mean that Kamala Harris is going to be president before that trial and that she's going to pardon Hunter Biden. I'm not predicting that, but it's worth thinking about eight y five for zero five eight two five five the number more likely it's just another Biden lie and Biden pardons his son before that trial date.
Speaker 2: But they got to make that go away.
Speaker 1: Hey, when we come back, got some really compelling sound for you, going to report some more good news from the polls, some of it that appears bad but is actually good, other that's just really good on its face, And want to play some extraordinarily compelling sound for you, completely off topic. Could have put a big smile on your face, hope in your heart. You're on the Dan Caplas Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Taplass Show Podcast We're.
Speaker 2: Going to get rid of inflation.
Speaker 16: And inflation has hurt the Hispanic population so badly, but it's hurt everybody, but the people that you largely your listeners, have been horribly hurt with inflation. And it's caused in countries where they come from also, whether it's Mexico or other places. Inflation has been caused to a large extent in terms of the region by the United States policy on energy. Now, she's never going to do anything about inflation.
Speaker 17: She has no idea. She is even though what it means, the word means, and she's forced to go with my policies. You know, I came out a long time ago with no taxes on tips, and two days ago she said no taxes on tips.
Speaker 2: She doesn't even know what it means.
Speaker 1: Wow, Please just just keep hammering those points. And we know, we see the video of it, and you see it publicly here and there.
Speaker 2: That the sharp Trump, the a Trump.
Speaker 1: He's a brilliant cat and he can be that way, I believe virtually anytime he wants to be. And I hope that you know, like that Rocky movie, the bell has rung. I mean, we are so close now, Jesse Ryan don't ballot's come out. I remember whether it's Pennsylvania somewhere else. Swing state ballots come out in twenty days. Yeah, and I think there's one even earlier. But the point is, now's the time. Now's the time for a Trump now through election day, and at that point I think it won't will not even be close. So hey, if you just joined us, thank you. We're talking about lots of evidence today for hope, for optimism, to believe that Trump is going to win this race. That Harris sugar high is starting to peak. Yeah, there may be another little bump up during the DEM convention, but who knows, maybe that's already been taken up in this initial phony beatification rush.
Speaker 2: But that includes the good news today.
Speaker 1: Trump up one in the Fox News pole, which tends to lean a little bit left, and again, that's just very encouraging under all these circumstances. It's in the in the polling, the race is now basically where it was when Biden was a candidate. Now, I understand down the stretch when it was clear Biden was absolutely fading, you had some other poles spike up a little bit. But in the Fox News poll anyway, it's it's where it was back when Biden was the candidate. So key point is gravity. Right, once it starts to go down for her, what's going to stop.
Speaker 5: I want to go down to methodology too, and what are the built in biases of these poles? What is the oversampling error of Democrats? And are they skewing the polls. I don't know about with intent or whatnot, But what I do know what you said on Fox News, Dan, they do tend to be left of wherever the other results are, and it is identical. They had Trump up one several months ago and Biden was still the candidate.
Speaker 3: He was still in the midst of that race.
Speaker 5: Other polls at that time had Trump up by an even bigger margin nationally four and five points.
Speaker 1: Right, And obviously the key right now is okay, what is the truth about the trend line? There's no question Harris has had a surge, the near death experience, the enthusiasm she's twenty five years or whatever it is, younger than Biden, and then the media completely protecting her. Yes, she's had this surge, but has it peaked? Because once it peaks and starts to go down, it's going to be so much fun to watch as they freak on the left, and then you get into a gravity election once those numbers start to fall, since they're based on a lie. Right now, where does it go from there? Hey, shifting gears for a second, completely off topic, I want to play.
Speaker 2: This for you.
Speaker 1: An ABC News piece on an amazing story was this an angel beautiful rescue?
Speaker 10: Raising questions about the power of prayer. People are scouring nearly seventy photographs looking for some sign of a man they swear they saw at the scene of a car accident. He prayed a life was saved, So why did he disappear even from the photos. ABC's David Mura now on Faith and a Mystery tonight.
Speaker 15: Tonight it's being called the Missouri Miracle, much of it, though still a mystery. A teenager with a beautiful smile, Nineteen year old Katie Lenz trapped in her mangled car, hit by a drunk driver, and first responders trying to get her out. Sheriff Deputy Richard Adair won't forget when the fire chief turned to him in despair.
Speaker 4: He was concerned because he was out of options, the tools weren't working, and it was by that time, I said, almost an hour. He said, I don't know how we're going to get her out, and I said, I promised her mother and her that we get.
Speaker 2: Her out well.
Speaker 15: Inside that car, Katie had one request to pray with the rescuers out loud, and then suddenly, right there amidst the rows of corn at the scene blocked off for nearly a mile, a man of pears.
Speaker 17: He was dressed in a black priests shirt with a white collar.
Speaker 15: And the rescuers noticed something else. He was carrying a small bottle.
Speaker 17: He had a small, little white container of annointment oil, is what it appeared to be, and.
Speaker 4: He asked if he could annoint from the girl in the car. And at first my first thought was that it would possibly send the wrong message to Katie, that maybe we had called a priest.
Speaker 2: But they allow him to do it.
Speaker 18: A sense of calmness come over her then, even more so than what she had been already. I can't be for certain who said, or how it was said, or where it come from. We very plainly heard that we should remain calm, that our tools would now work, and that we would get her out of that vehicle.
Speaker 15: Moments later, it happened. A neighboring fire department arrives with a new set of stronger tools, finally able to cut through that frame. They all turned to thank the priest, but he was gone. In fact, in all of those photos of the scene, no sign of the priest, and tonight family and friends are grateful.
Speaker 13: Whether it was just a priest as an angel serving as an angel, or an actual angel that came in, he was an angel to all those and to Katie.
Speaker 15: The fire department's Facebook page tonight filling up fast. Do any of the responders know who the priest was that seemingly appeared out of nowhere? I would love to shake his hand. And tonight from Katie's mother, a message too very pleased that Katie's new tragic accident provides proof to all that miracles still happen, her mother adding please continue to pray for her, and then Katie's words pray out.
Speaker 1: Loud, and then this story goes on to say, all the photos taken at the scene and unofficial no picture of this priest, angels are real all sorts of reasons for hope.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapsle Show