Speaker 1: Excited. I think I mentioned a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I've gotten all into hockey lately, right, I've been following the Stanley Cup playoffs and Dallas Stars and all that stuff. And then I saw a thing that the Texas Stars, which is the affiliate for the Dallas Stars they play at the EGb Center in Cedar Park, that they were in the division playoffs. So I was like, oh crap, that sounds cool. I wonder when the next game is, and so I jumped online and this was this was Tuesday night.
Speaker 1: Jumped online.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh crap, there's a game tomorrow, meaning last night. I get on there, I'm looking at ticks. I text my buddy. I'm like, hey, a couple of tickets, really good seats on the glass for the game tomorrow night. And he's a big hockey fan. I go, you want to go? He's like, yeah, I grab them. Get the tickets too. So I grabbed the tickets. I've got them, and I went to Ticketmaster and I've got them in my wallet on my phone, and I'm all excited to go to the game last night. And then at about about four thirty yesterday afternoon, my buddy sends me a text. He says, hey, my daughter said that today's start. Tonight's game is on the road. I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, no, it's tonight. It's tonight at home. And so I then I go and I look at my tickets. Sure enough, I bought tickets for a game in Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: For last night. And you didn't figure this out till four thirty. Yeah, until four thirty. Game starts at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: I didn't have time to get on a flight to Milwaukee to go to the game, and I got some man, I didn't even didn't even listen to the game or even look it up this morning to.
Speaker 3: See if they want to along about it.
Speaker 1: So mad, that's just so stupid. I mean, how do you do that?
Speaker 3: I mean, give yourself a break.
Speaker 4: Please remember that not too long ago, I booked flights for Thanksgiving a whole week ahead of time, the wrong week of Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: It happens to everybody.
Speaker 1: You ruined Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: I ruined Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Oh you're your alone? Like I worry about this all the time.
Speaker 5: I like check and double check and triple check, and I sill still screw up all the time now, living in like Google teams and Zoom World. I'm just sending out an invite and getting the date and time right is maybe a twenty percent chance.
Speaker 4: Right, no matter how much double checking you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the world's supposed to be getting easier and it's getting more and more complicated because there's different platforms that look different and you're just like, what am I doing here?
Speaker 2: I agree with you one hundred percent. It's supposed to be getting easier, it's getting harder.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of information, dates and times and cities city, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: We're four years into this whole virtual meeting thing via Zoom or teams or whatever, and every meeting is the same thing happens, Ay, Susie, you're muted, sorry, turning mute on your cameras not on camera's not I can't get my camera. We were on one yesterday. I couldn't get my camera to work.
Speaker 4: And you've done it a hundred times a bazillion, yeah, and just couldn't get it to work.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I guess I'll have to look up to see if the Texas Stars, if they won in Milwaukee, are.
Speaker 1: They coming back so you can make good? I don't know. Right.
Speaker 2: I don't know one thing that I was pleased with. And no one says anything nice about Ticketmaster. No one does. No one says I love Ticketmaster. Nobody, you know what I mean, Like people say I love Chewies, you know, but they don't say I love Ticketmaster.
Speaker 1: I sounded like Donald.
Speaker 3: Trump at the end.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: But the ability to go ahead and list your tickets to sell it, because I tried.
Speaker 1: I did manage to sell them. Oh oh.
Speaker 2: I had a very small window, like two and a half hours to sell them.
Speaker 5: But I did face some handling fees exactly, and they just they dump them for you exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I offered them up for less than what I paid for. So for the two tickets, it was one hundred and fifty bucks and I got one hundred and twenty seven to fifty, Okay, which is better in a.
Speaker 3: Kick in the butt, right, Yeah, It's better than zero for my mistake.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I will definitely pay attention to that from from now on.
Speaker 1: I remember showing up at the airport one day a day early.
Speaker 3: I feel like I was with you is when we were traveling.
Speaker 2: You drove me to the airport, Yeah, dropped me off and you drove off and about thirty minutes later I had to call and tell you, hey, come back and get me up.
Speaker 1: It's a wrong way.
Speaker 5: I've had a couple wrong days for a doctor's appointment, like I was off by a month. My doctor's gotten really popular in the last year. My other doctor retired. She picked up and it was easy, and now she's getting more popular. And I didn't even think about it. I've done that twice. They're like, that's the next month.
Speaker 3: You're little early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's just check in and make sure the office is still.
Speaker 3: I know where I'm going.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know. The funniest one, JB.
Speaker 2: The funniest one was when I, uh, I got veneers done and doctor record was my doc and he's a great guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I remember this because you have to take some go ahead.
Speaker 2: They give you a drug to take before you get there. I can't remember the namebody. It was good stuff.
Speaker 4: Was it just vallum or something or twilight kind of knocked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I took it and got a ride there and I got there and they're like, Sandy, your appointments tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That was again me, Yes, give me some drugs for tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what that stuff was called, but yeah, I had to go back the next day. It was a day early for that too, so oh well, it happens. Coming up on the show today, we're gonna tell you, JB. You brought this up in Passing a few weeks ago, but we're going to dig into it a little bit and I'll see a big percentage of the commercial sunscreens that we use are bad for you, bad, bad for.
Speaker 1: You, bad for you, worse than the sun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so not just not blocking you, but bad to be on your body.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep.
Speaker 6: Oh, chancer causing. Yeah, oh my god, don't we started. We'll get into that about seven twenty five. Coming up next, Trisa's got the story we love what you have?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: There is a new bus tour in town. I think this one is mostly going to appeal to the ladies, but I think some guys might want to jump on it too. You too, probably would never want to do it, but it sounds like fun.
Speaker 1: Trisa says, there is a new tour, is that right in Austin?
Speaker 3: A best tour?
Speaker 1: The bus tour that Jabe and I won't be any interested in.
Speaker 3: I don't think you well, I don't think this is for y'all.
Speaker 1: All right, stay with us. It's coming up in just the second.
Speaker 2: Quick reminder if you can't be here for the whole show, to grab the podcast version, it's available on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Just search JB and Sandy the Stories We Love.
Speaker 3: Good Morning Live from the Luster Old Studio. Here is Trisha Delisha. All right.
Speaker 4: In case you have the need to want to do a little tea time in Austin, you know how they have their normal tea time over there in London and in Europe.
Speaker 3: You might be in luck.
Speaker 4: If you've noticed a giant pink double decker bus driving around Austin. That's your spot for afternoon tea. It's called tea around town again, a giant pink double decker bus. The inside is covered in flowers.
Speaker 7: And pink booths and lighting and tea and it comes with all kinds of little snacks like sweets and finger sandwiches, just like afternoon tea that you get to ride around on the bus all dressed up, and you get to see the sites of Austin very refined bus tour.
Speaker 1: So it's horrible. I've seen this. This is a new thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not.
Speaker 5: It's not like a janky bus like you've seen some of those that are kind of yanky. It's like a high end bus, like fancy, fancy, fancy.
Speaker 3: And inside's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I think they're going for like more of a mobile spa kind.
Speaker 4: Of vibe, right, Yeah, very like instagram worthy photos kind of thing again, all kinds of sweets.
Speaker 3: You settle in, you have to wear. You don't have to, but you get dressed up.
Speaker 4: You wear the little fascinators like they wear to the fancy things you know over there in what's a fascinator. The fascinator is the little hats that they wear, the small yeah, or the little ones that are like on the side of your head. You see Princess Kate wearing them all the time. They're called fascinators. But yeah, you can go by yourself a couple of girls. You can even rint out the entire bus takes Wait.
Speaker 5: You're one chick getting a ticket by yourself on the bus.
Speaker 1: Maybe, So that is sadder.
Speaker 5: Than being in the cat row at Petco at eleven pm on a Saturday night.
Speaker 3: That's what your Saturday night adventure is.
Speaker 1: So let me see if I understand this.
Speaker 2: You get on a fancy bus and ride around Austin drinking hot tea.
Speaker 3: It's probably an air conditioned bus. Yeah still, I mean it's tea and scones and finger sandwiches.
Speaker 1: You got a fire pit in there.
Speaker 2: One sharp turning, you've got tea and crumpets all over your pillbox hat.
Speaker 4: I'm feel certain they have they have thought about that and planned for something like that. Would you do this, Trusia, I would do with a group of girls.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to give on the best by myself.
Speaker 5: I think they're catering to the bachelorette party. This is something you would do early in the day before it winds up, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe you.
Speaker 1: Put your penis veil on and drink.
Speaker 3: Out of your penis straw. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: But again, if you want to run out the entire bus, you can nine bucks for a single ticket.
Speaker 3: I don't know what would cost to do the whole bus, but I.
Speaker 4: Mean it just drives you around and points out all the cool landmarks in Austin, tells you a little bit about the city.
Speaker 3: You can feel a little refined, a little snooty.
Speaker 1: Be a good tour bus driver for this.
Speaker 4: Tricia uh Sandy for years has said that riding around in Austin with me is like riding around with Cactus Prior member Cactus pryor the old guy with the gravelly voice talking about Texas history.
Speaker 2: Doesn't Driving along South Lamar that used to be a dairy queen, that used to be a roller skating rink.
Speaker 4: That's all my tour would be. That's where Austin Bolorama used to be. I went to elementary school Austin.
Speaker 1: What it used to be?
Speaker 3: Tour, Yeah, what it used to be. Whatricia was growing up Austin.
Speaker 1: You missed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're on Mopak right now. This didn't used to be here. Those are kind of facts I would throw out.
Speaker 2: It's it's weird, especially like South Austin and Tricia really knows, like what used to be everywhere.
Speaker 4: The hours and hours I spent at Hot Wheels over there on Manschack and and what is it William Cannon Stasny Manchack and Stasney right by the railroad tracks.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Garrison Pool.
Speaker 1: Garrison Pool is that still around? I don't know.
Speaker 4: It might be right by Crockett High School. It might still be there.
Speaker 1: Tybi, where are you out on the public swimming pool. That's funny you mentioned that. I said.
Speaker 5: I said to my wife, this is probably a month ago. I was like, you know, when I was in probably some of the best shape in my life.
Speaker 1: I was swimming.
Speaker 5: I go, I said, you know that pool is open year round and heated at Big Stacy. And she goes, oh, no, you're not getting in that pool. She should go, oh homeless bathe in that pool. It's old, krusty Austinites and homeless people taking a quick bath.
Speaker 1: She shot it down. I was open to the idea. You know, it's in the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: I don't see myself driving to go swim.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm not a bart and Springs person. I'm not a person, but for.
Speaker 2: Some reason I'll take a Barton Springs over a chlorinated public pool.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, like at.
Speaker 3: Least moving moving.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, people are gross and band aid floating around.
Speaker 1: My problem.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: The neighborhood pool.
Speaker 3: Rules, yep, got a big problem with them.
Speaker 4: Why is the last rule that cannot poop in the pool rule?
Speaker 3: Why is that not number one? No pop in the pool? Why is it the last one?
Speaker 2: I'm not I'll never forget I was in This is a really random story, but it's about a public pool. I was in New York City and I was in a cab by myself and the cab driver. For some reason, I have no idea why felt it necessary to point out one of the public pools in Lower Manhattan. He's like, it's a public pool over there. I'm like, okay. He goes filthy the animal they poop in it. He said, don't ever go to that pool. It's disgusting. The people are filthy that go there, they grow. He just went on and on and on about how awful that pool was.
Speaker 5: So it's like, hey, I wonder I think that maybe that's why a lot of the like our kids are all older now, but a lot of the kiddy playgrounds have gone to the splash thing instead of the little waiting pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because those were always yellow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the little.
Speaker 1: Kids they're two feet deep and they were just yellow. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now it's the splash thing, the fountains and all that. Yeah, it was just fun, which makes way more sense.
Speaker 1: That's the story. We love again.
Speaker 3: Tell us the name of that bus tea around town?
Speaker 1: All right, to stay with us, It's the JV and Sandy Show.
Speaker 2: We got more coming up on Austin's Danny Station one oh three point one