Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I need to start off by just saying that I understand.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: We said we'd be more consistent, and we let you down. We said we'd really work on our production quality and our content, and we let you down. And I know for a fact that the three of you out there were kind of like what happened? And the truth is, I don't know. Life gets in the way, and somehow, by the grace of God, we made it through this with the skin of our teeth. So here we are apology from me, Austin, and be like from the depths of our heart, the way down, deep down in our heart, we just we just really want to say to you.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, Hey guys, welcome to episode fifty fifty the Big Five.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I know, that's like a that's like a milestone, episode fifty of the streams Thing podcast.
Speaker 1: That's like half of one hundred.
Speaker 2: I know, it's been hard, Austin, it's been very hard to like to like get in and record and stuff. And this episode should be really special because it is episode fifty and that's a milestone. I mean, not all podcasters that are hacked like us reach fifty episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, reach fifty episodes and still maintain such a small listener.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like all fifty of them. Yeah, it's like fifty to fifty. It's like a double fifty. Yeah, yeah, sweet, But you know, I it is fun and like your you know your apology at the beginning, it has been really hard to get in the studio. You had COVID, I got COVID, the Rona, I got the Rona. There you go, yeah, the Rona nineteen yep.
Speaker 1: And even worse than that, people have been graduating.
Speaker 2: Graduating, and they people have been having birthdays. And then we've been trying to do things for my dad, who passed away very early this year, trying to get things settled at his house, and it's chaotic, it has so I've been out of town a lot at my dad's place, trying to go through things, and it's just been tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and even going forward, it's not going to get easy.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: My wife leaves for New York tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and then I'm going camping.
Speaker 1: And then I'm going camping with you next week. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So maybe we can get an episode up. There'd be fun. There's something strange up there. By Don Lee and Cascade Idaho.
Speaker 1: I have a cousin who lives up there.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's some weird creature that lives in the lake Lake Cascade. You know, if there's not, let's make up a creature that lives in the lake. Because we're acts.
Speaker 1: We can do that. We can make up whatever.
Speaker 2: Yea, what should we call it? What should we call the creature that lives in Cascade Lake? The creature of Cascade Lake. Oh, that's so creative. I love it.
Speaker 1: Stephen King, I think we should do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be cool. So anyway, we're gonna go up there and catch the Lake Cascade monster creature creature, the creature creature, and we're gonna just I'm try to just catch my life back. Yeah, I've been so stretched. I wouldn't say necessarily depressed, although I mean, I guess it's close to that.
Speaker 1: Do you feel thin?
Speaker 2: I feel thin, but.
Speaker 1: Over too much bread.
Speaker 2: I feel like a shadow of a man that I used to be.
Speaker 1: That sounds like an awesome song. We could write music. It's the shadow of the man that I used to be. It's certain.
Speaker 2: That's what I feel like. Wid I drowned in the seamusic.
Speaker 1: I know we already got a symphony. What is that? What's it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Super weird.
Speaker 2: I think it's like destiny. It's like it's calling us.
Speaker 1: I'm not the shadow of the man I used to be. Yeah, my dad says, it's destiny. There you go, there we go.
Speaker 2: Well, it's fun. Hey, And if you don't know, we are doing an open mic and Austin episode in honor of our fiftieth episode and out of an assessin and also because we never could get to Massacre Rocks to talk about water babies.
Speaker 1: It's been a been a challenge.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna do it. We're gonna get there. We're gonna you know, I really want to go there. And you know, I just got to say, as you enjoy your drink and I'll enjoy mine.
Speaker 1: Here, don't slurp it now.
Speaker 2: I was good. But we're gonna go to mask of Rocks and talk about water babies and a little bit about the history of Massacre Rocks and that's gonna be fun. But that'll be down the road a little bit now, on the road when we can get there, because we thought we'd get there two weeks ago and I got the rona.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is a very notification day.
Speaker 2: Everything is just coming up dings ding What a dinghy day, ding dung day. Speaking of dingy days, I had a thought today while I was sitting in church. Oh boy, because today is Sunday, we're recording this well kind of. But I was sitting there thinking about life and life is hard, right, and a lot of weird things happen in life, and you do a lot of things in life to cope with the weird and hard things that are in life. And I was sitting there thinking about this, pondering it. And you know, on one hand, you got the theological view that everything happens for a reason, and then you have the other view, which is that nothing happens for a reason. It's all you know, random chance of accident. And I was just trying to like come to some kind of happy middle ground as I sat there, okay, And I was thinking about that, and I thought, man, this is a strange thought. Why am I sitting in church instead of listening to the guy who's supposed to be telling me about whyse spiritual things? Wow, a spiritual thing? Why am I sitting here thinking of such a strange thing? And that got me thinking we should talk about on our open mic strange thoughts. So I was wondering, Austin, what are some of the strangest thoughts you have or had that you can recall and if you're having a hard time that I could throw out one that I have quite often and hear about that. No, it's it's gonna be a PG thirteen at tops right now, Okay. I was thinking about, you know, the existence of life and reality? What is it? I think about this quite often, actually, and part of it is because of my background as a video game developer. And in video games, you're playing as a character in the video game, and there are other characters in the game called n PCs, non playing characters, right, and they are program to do certain things. And then also when you look at a video game what you see on the screen, that is what the computer program behind the scenes is actually drawing. And it uses this thing called clipping distance, so it only draws what you see out to a certain distance. Beyond that there's nothing. And I was thinking, I wonder if life is kind of like that. What if I am the character of a game, not an NPC, because I am a playing character, I am the PC, and I am in this simulation of life. This creation like a giant virtual world, and only the things that I see and experience are actually being drawn while I look at them, which would mean that behind.
Speaker 1: Me a narcissistic point.
Speaker 2: I know it's totally narcissistic, but that means that behind me right now, there's nothing.
Speaker 1: Now there's a picture. I can see it.
Speaker 2: Well, you can see it, but I can't see it, So it might not really be either, because you might be an NPC telling me that there's something behind me.
Speaker 1: This sounds like the beginning of a guy who like blows up the school. Like he started thinking of these things, and then he thought the government, which was actually aliens, was looking at it and checking him, so he had to test it, and he had to save all the non playable characters from becoming bad guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so I see what you're going there with. Think about it this way too. If you are in a simulation, what if instead of me being the only playing character, what if all of us humans are PCs playing characters and the only thing that is drawn in front of us are the parts of the simulation. I know scientists have been talking about that we live in a simulation. Very like new No, no, no, but maybe the idea of it as more like a video game is kind of new for people that play, like I know you do Halo.
Speaker 1: Halo would represent my social boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Dogs, See that dog is not really barking. He's not really existing. It's just an uible que that's coming through the door because I can't see it.
Speaker 1: Slammy Hagar walking through the front.
Speaker 2: Slammy Hagar. That's going to be doing some laundry here in a second. Yeah, oh is it that, Slamy Hagar. Yeah, it's your brother in law. It's not really real. It's all programmatic.
Speaker 1: It's not real man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So do you ever have have you ever had that thought? Now, way before I ever heard scientists talking about that we live in a virtual simulation scientist, Yeah, before that. I had this thought a long time ago. I mean like I'm talking the nineteen like late eighties and early nineties. Woo, this is before the Matrix came out the movie. What if the universe exists for me so that I could experience and it's like a giant test that you're going through, what will you do? And then at the end when the incomes whatever that is, whether it's death or you know, the world explodes or the black hole swallows up everything. I don't know, whatever it is, what if? At that point, that's when you replay your test to see if you've graduated.
Speaker 1: Wow, your thoughts are way more in depth. Random thought I had the other day.
Speaker 2: It was strange, random, strange thought. It's got to be strange.
Speaker 1: It's strange. Okay, okay, yeah, my life and I were sitting there by the fireplace, just messing around on our phones, eating some your phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just sitting there and missed around.
Speaker 1: And she told me something about her friend or something. They're they're pregnant or whatever. That's what happens if you miss around. But anyway, and I was like, that's cool. And a couple of minutes later, I was like, you would be a really cool name for like a reggae band, reggae band neon Fish.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, huh yeah. I like that. Neil Fish.
Speaker 1: Drink drink think, drink think see my mind, my yo, dink fish.
Speaker 2: I like it. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: She thought that was funny. I thought, that's what you meant by random strange thoughts.
Speaker 2: Now, I was just thinking, you know, people have strange thoughts, right, So I mean, look at any like serial killer, they have strange thoughts that lead them to do really strange and bad things. Or you know, mass shootings, they have strange thoughts. Or look at conspiracy theories. There are a lot of strange thoughts that are involved with conspiracy theories. Or look at like politics, there are a lot of strange theories and politics.
Speaker 1: Or religion or religion, pick.
Speaker 2: Your strangeness, and those are all thoughts that take place inside of our head. I was just thinking, what are my strange thoughts? Well, one of them is the one I just talked about incessantly.
Speaker 1: There's a you talked about it for a whole bunch of mines minutes thing.
Speaker 2: He's looking at the recording device using.
Speaker 1: I'd say three point eight million lines, and I have like two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I have a lot to say. I've lived longer, Yeah, but I should have.
Speaker 1: Isn't it that what they say? A wise man runs his mouth a lot?
Speaker 2: What is it better to be a fool with few words than all with lots of words? To make it obvious?
Speaker 1: Lives pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it.
Speaker 2: That's a strange thought. I always say it wrong.
Speaker 1: It's always it's chicken chicka. But I like chick's like chicken pecan.
Speaker 2: Cow cow mouh cow chick.
Speaker 1: All right. I like this creature of Cascade like idea you had. What are we thinking?
Speaker 2: I don't think it should be like the typical you know creature in.
Speaker 1: The Latest Monster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like a reptilian snake, sea eel.
Speaker 1: Kind of thing, sea serpents.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, no, it's got to be different. I think maybe like a giant sea crab with pinchers.
Speaker 1: I think crabs are pretty well with salt limited. I know, well, crowdads I was sinking it'd be cool if we just freaked people out. The creature of Cascade Lake flies mm hm, And well why would he because he uses Cascade Lake as his hunting grounds.
Speaker 2: Does he does? He eat out of the air, out of the water he gets which he can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he gets boaters and he gets.
Speaker 2: Some under or above the water boaters or divers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just so many divers at Cascade.
Speaker 2: It could be a like a tick like creature that's bloodsucker.
Speaker 1: Flying scorpion tailed tick. Remember that we talked about at that camp.
Speaker 2: So interesting things, uh coming preview if we can get out. I bought a drone. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: We actually were planning on doing an open mic kind of about your drone.
Speaker 2: And yes, yeah, we were going to talk about the drone. And I also picked up a GoPro because we thought, hey, you know, since we have so many listeners, we should try to get even more listeners and come up with a YouTube channel and then we could have like twice the people both listen and watch are awesome videos that we were going to take. But we haven't done anything yet. I did chase your mom around with the drone while she was out in the bike park.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty cool until I forgot to put the antenna's up on the drone, so it got about a mile away and then.
Speaker 1: I don't care anymore.
Speaker 2: It had no reception actually, so then it's like, what does it do? What does it do when you goes beyond your ability to control it? What happens to the drone? And I was thinking, oh my gosh, I'm never going to find this thing, and it cost way too much money and here it is out there. It's probably gonna crash and burn. But then I look down and on my little monitor it said drone out of range returning home. And I'm like, oh, my gosh, does that mean it's gonna fly all the way over to my home?
Speaker 1: But it's your.
Speaker 2: Launch point and I should have read this before I let it go.
Speaker 1: Instructions are important.
Speaker 2: But I had COVID at the time, so I was impaired. And so this drone house with COVID, Well that's why we went to a bike park where there was no people, and she was going to ride her bike. And then the next day she got Corona. Yeah, she got the rona the next day, and then we were, you know, basically trapped in the house watching Netflix for a week.
Speaker 1: Fun.
Speaker 2: That was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Netflix and fever chills.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were vaccinated. We didn't do the booster shots, but we had her first and second vaccination. And then your sister who also I think they've even been boosted. They got it. And then you, who has not been vaccinated, but you did have Corona earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got correct.
Speaker 2: You didn't get timber, You didn't you guys your family didn't catch it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody in my family. My wife got sick and we took you know, at home tests, but she got sick for like that day and the stay she felt fine, So it was kind of weird. Yeah, the vaccinated people, it's strange.
Speaker 2: And actually I read an article in the news yesterday that there's like a spike in the vaccinated people that are getting the new variants. Interesting where not so many of the non vaccinated people are getting this new variant. I'm like, well, that sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's hilarious. Kind of makes you wonder if it.
Speaker 2: Was worth it. Oh well, well, you know, we could go down this political quagmire hole. But well it is, I mean, it is kind of polarizing. It's very polarizing. It's a it's peep, it's polarized politicalness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, politicalness.
Speaker 2: But what was I always talking about my drone?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So the drone flew back to me and then I could hear it. It was way up there. It was like four hundred feet up and then it was just like started coming down. Yeah, And it came down and then my controller locked back onto it and I just pressed land and the thing just kind of hold my hand out and just kind of landed right in.
Speaker 1: My hand and did like a parrot in your hand? Yeah, probably, what does.
Speaker 2: The parents sound like? Yeah? And so if you don't know who we're talking about, parrots sixty nine Leftist an awesome review and we are on Yucks were hun Yucks and we mentioned her often and she will always be living in infamy at the streams saying podcast we love her, you know. I hope she'll listen again and then maybe she'll like us.
Speaker 1: I hope she gets that cracker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she thought we talked too much about ourselves like we're doing right now. But you know, do we care? This is the beauty of not having to worry about doing this to get money or paid or have listeners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just making memories.
Speaker 2: Man, memories, memory, memories, memories, I like those. You can never have too many memories or memories.
Speaker 1: I think you could definitely have too many memories. I think cemetery is important unless you're lopside and thinks the original.
Speaker 2: Total recall though, I mean that was like an awesome moment. Take total recall.
Speaker 1: I do not the couple's watun haig, I don't recall what you saying.
Speaker 2: And the lady had three memories?
Speaker 1: Is that a line or something?
Speaker 2: No, she like pulls her shirt open and she has three of them and they were symetrical because when I was in the middle and two on the sides.
Speaker 1: Wow, well not free, honey, but available.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It's a feat.
Speaker 2: It was. It was one of the most memorable, if memorable, parts of the movie. Yeah, it's pretty interesting. So you know, Okay, now you have to have strange things that you've thought of. I mean, okay, okay, here's another one. I'll do another one. I'm not embarrassed, I afraid because I'm human and I have these things. So in the bank, standing in line guy comes in with a shady look on his face, and the next thing, you know, in my mind, I'm having a full on fight with this guys he's trained rob the bank and I'm doing backflips and cartwheels and I'm like doing kung fumu.
Speaker 1: Three nippled lady. You're protecting her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so that's a strange thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I get a lot, and like, I don't know if it's that about driving.
Speaker 2: Do you get driving strange thoughts like I want to run over that guy?
Speaker 1: No, not so much. I pretty much absorb all my time with podcasts, and audio books when I'm driving. Oh, but I do think about, like like at work, like if somebody were to come in with a gun, what would I do? Would I go behind the machine and like yeah? And then I wonder like should I like turn the hose valve on and just spray them with coolants?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? Or if you could have like that stuff that'll you know, burn out their eyes, like acid or something.
Speaker 1: I'll go to the flammable cabinet and light them on fire. Yeah. I do have a weird not like that. Typically. Usually it's more like you run.
Speaker 2: Away, you know. It's it's funny. I think everybody out there that hears this podcast, who fifty of them, have had or do have on a regular basis, these kind of fantasy, kind of strange thoughts that go through their mind. What will I do in the situation? Or what if I lost fifty pounds? Well, would I look like that string bikini? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 2: I have that one all the time.
Speaker 1: I have thoughts about like if I, like tomorrow, something happens I get rear ended by a semi truck turns out that guy who was driving was on drugs. I threatened to sue the semi truck company. The semi truck company pays me out of pocket to keep me quiet. Why I buy a new truck.
Speaker 2: And then because of that, yeah, yeah, yeah, or okay, hey, what about this one? Your wife is on the way home and she's twenty minutes late, and you started happening, Oh, I hope she's not in an accident, and then you're you know, it's thirty minutes later and she's still at home, and then you're like, oh, man, what if she's an accident. What if she died? And then you're like, you know, at forty minutes, you're like, oh, she's texting her, she's gone ETA quest. What will I do. I'll be so sad for so long. I'll just probably not do anything.
Speaker 1: I'll have to buy a jet bode.
Speaker 2: And then fifty minutes into it, you're like, I'd probably just go get my own home and go drive somewhere and live. And then by now you're like, yeah, I'd be around a campfire all by myself, and I'd look up and there'd be this beautiful lady walking towards me. And then it's like, next thing, you know, you're like having this whole scenario Where's the Widow? Where sad and forlorn is like, somebody comes into your life. They're gonna make your life better, and they're gonna tell you how awesome you are and how good of a husband you were, and you're gonna just be happy. And then your wife walks into You're like, oh, man, I think you watched too many of such a great fantasy. Your wife was so.
Speaker 1: Good until you came back from the dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were gone and I was moving on, and now I gotta go back to where I was.
Speaker 1: I already went through all of this.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be really hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny, it's weird.
Speaker 2: That's a strange thing.
Speaker 1: I've been listening to the spotified Lord of the Rings books.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you've had them on out on the ground.
Speaker 1: I'm like super obsessed them.
Speaker 2: They're really good.
Speaker 1: They're really good. They have like sound effects and like you know, voice acting and the background music from the movies. It's like when they come into Rivendell, it's like, yeah, ANGELI. And when they're in hobbiton or the Shire, it's like, is.
Speaker 2: It hobbitat or Hobbit hobbitown? Do Doo doo fire scandals.
Speaker 1: That's why I've been my life mostly. That's a lot of bookage.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, okay, So talking about strange thoughts because I mean, I'm trying to turn this open mic into a open mic in Austin. It feels like into a theme. Okay, So strange thoughts when you well, okay, I used to read tons of fantasy books. I love them, including The Hobbit and all of those, and you know, just tons of them. Yeah, And then when I would quit reading because I'd read them so much, my brain would be in like narrator mode and I would think in the way that had been written. So like, does that happen when you're listening to the audiobooks? That when all the time you have a thought and you're like your inner voice is like a narrator voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be driving into work and I'm running a little bit late, and the sun's coming up over the mountains, the red sun rises in the east.
Speaker 2: I'm late for wook this day?
Speaker 1: Weirdo?
Speaker 2: Your brain does that?
Speaker 1: That is?
Speaker 2: So? So what's that book with Ben's or not Ben's Ben? Still? Yeah? Yeah, no, no, well that was good too, but no, it's the one where he lives in a fantasy world inside of his brain and then he ends up going to Iceland and he goes in the snow leopard or something. He goes there and takes a picture of it with some famous guy that was Sean Pinn.
Speaker 1: What did you pass out or No? I just like zoned out for a second.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you do that a lot? Yeah, it's that kind of thing where you you live in this inner fantasy instead of out in the real world in real life.
Speaker 1: That's like a mental illness. I think that'll happen to people as they'll get so caught up in there, like imagine aary yeah life, that they kind of neglect their real life.
Speaker 2: Oh and how easy is that to do? Now? You can live in this virtual world of social media and interaction. You don't have to go out and actually meet anybody for real. That's like, you know, anybody who's on dating apps, are you going to meet the real person that you think you're meeting? And I know I've read articles about you know, dating apps in Japan, people don't even go meet anymore because.
Speaker 1: They would rather make an avatar and like, yeah and experience and experience the other person's avatar, even though it might not be true.
Speaker 2: They want the fake person, they don't want the real card. So if you don't know that that beautiful hot woman is actually a sixty year old, four hundred and fifty pound male with you know, then then hey, it's okay because in your little world you're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just living it up like that. Ignorance is bliss. Why did we order again? Was it the swordfish, the monk fish, the gold fish?
Speaker 2: We got the catfish turned from average to savage, sad bitch to bad bitch at.
Speaker 1: Your phone, let your eye to ach blink, and I go from fast food to a fine dish.
Speaker 2: You can be whatever you want to be.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of like where my little where I get reranded by the semi truck thing and you're and I'm fine, yeah, And then I get my new truck and because of that, I can go hunting because it gets better gas mileage or whatever. And got a camper because we made so much money off of the sky. And then you know, like it goes on and on and then like that, life would be dope. It would be dope. I can take my family up camping with this big truck on a hunting trip. It's all basically free because they got reranded.
Speaker 2: It'd be awesome. Yeah, it starts out small, and it's not like it's not like this plan. It's like it evolves. Yeah, and it's almost like this inner narrative that as it goes along it gets better and better. Like I've been waking up weird at night with like strange dreams, and they start out with something really simple and then I wake up and I'll think about it for a minute, I'll go back to sleep and it'll like carry on, it'll continue.
Speaker 1: I love those dreams.
Speaker 2: Well, and this Yeah, it's been weird, but there's this weirdness. So you wake up and well it's called the klempseha because I wake up on a very the climp because I don't know what to do with his dream. I can't feel good about it. Yeah, but there's a part of it that makes me feel kind of good. So that's a strange thing.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of oversharing. I've had some weird dreams lately too, but they're not memorable. I remember waking up at like three and then I had to go to the bathroom, got a glass of water and then went back to bed, and I was like, man, if I could just continue that dream, it'd be cool. But I don't even remember what it was I do. I did say something in my dream out loud. I don't know if I was out, but in my dream, like I was having a conversation with my boss and you said are you are you getting your stuff done? And I was like, man, I'm working harder than a stenographer in an auction house.
Speaker 2: And I thought that was pretty funny, as like, yeah, you come up with that. It almost made you scratched your head for a minute and think about did I.
Speaker 1: Come up with that in real life or had I heard that? Or did dream me just come up with some really funny.
Speaker 2: And then if it's all the simulation, does it really even matter?
Speaker 1: Is it dream? Just like the loading page? You know?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Oh I found out an interesting thing. Share this and it's because it's strange. So my parents who they passed away, both of them, and they were cremated in their ashes. Their remains were put in.
Speaker 1: A little kind of cool learn thing.
Speaker 2: No, they're not in earns, they're like the little boxes. Okay, and then you can have those those remains put into an earn or whatever and then entombed, okay, and you can have them either buried or whatever. So I was doing research now that both my mom and my dad have both been cremated and they are currently living together in a grandfather's clock at his house. The boxes are in the bottom of the clock, and you know, we wanted them to spend more time together, I guess anyway, So I called the cemetery because my dad had purchased a long time ago eight plots, and we were like, oh, well, I don't know how many plots there are left. So I called and got some information about when you're buried, how many of these little remains, these cremated remain boxes or earns can you put in one plot at a cemetery because a plot is like I think they're like seven feet long, maybe a little longer, and two or three feet wide.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they're roughly human shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. To put them in you have to have they put They put a concrete basically container construct inside and then they put the coffin inside of the concrete container and then it's sealed up, and then they throw dirt on top of you and I think they bury you six feet and in one plot you can stack two of these concrete containers, so you can put two people one on top of each other and they'll share a headstump. And I think a lot of people who've gone to cemeteries can relate to that. Well, that's not true if you are cremated. If you are cremated those concrete containers. You can put three mini containers in one plot and put two cremated remains as long as the urns aren't oversized in each container. So you can put six people remains in one plot.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's just called a six by six six people six feet under.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my dad had eight and there are three plots remaining. So I did math because I can kind of do a little bit of math, and three times six is we could put up to eighteen people inside those things.
Speaker 1: A lot of people.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's a strange thing.
Speaker 1: It is no idea, something different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And just so you know, you can't double stack. You can triple single level, but you can't double stack the smaller concrete containers, so you can't put six containers in one grave. Technically they're the same size as two concrete containers of non cremated people. I know, it's confusing. It's a very strange things. Well, you know when you sell real estate by the end, I guess you know.
Speaker 1: That's that reminds me. The other day, I got a phone call from those guys you know, spam, scam, scam, make me spank me call and he calls. Knew it was gonna be a scam because he goes at the beginning is like the skype thing. It's like, and then then I start hello. When I hear that noise, I always lower my voice and kind of make it scratchy first, like hello, And then the guy's like, yes, sir, thank you for picking up my full corde. Do you have a few minutes of your time for to me? We can talk about your final expenses. How old are you, sir? And I was like, oh, I'm sixty nine. And he's like, oh, that's very good. Do you have plans for your future as to you know, if Heaven forbid you were to pass or something said, are you threatening me? And then he's like, no, sir, no, sir, I was for future. Heaven forbid, I mean God forbid. It would ever be so sad if that were to happen, and I'm like, you know what, you know what Pal? You listen here pal, I'm I'm an atheist, and now I would appreciate you being so ignorant, ignorant to what my feelings are, and I don't like you spreading it. What if, here pal, here pal? What if I called you up one day and said you're gonna die? And then I hung up like he was, probably like what in the world. No, His accent probably would have waked. I can't believe that. Just Hey, did you hear that one? That was a good one? Yeah, you can hear the other guy on the other side of the office laughing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hate those I get. I get four or five a day.
Speaker 1: It seems like it's obnoxious every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Though, yeah, me too, it's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: I have the best story about that. When I was painting, I worked with a guy at the Viking I was I was with the Viking and where we got these scam calls. And I think it comes from companies like T sheets and like time card companies. I think they straight up sell your information, probably, but you use these companies to clock in and out of your jobs and stuff. So everybody on the paint crew is getting this the scam calls and usually it's like car warranties and stuff like that. So we're painting. It's just me and the Viking in this kitchen, just painting away, and he gets one, and you know, we've kind of made it a thing where we get each other's attention so we can listen to this interaction. And the Viking is named the Viking because he's Viking, right, yea, and hello, yes, uh huh yeah, it's Becky spelled Becky and last name Tom Plinkinson. And then I'm sure on the other end, how do you spell that? Like Tom? And then like p and then Lincoln like the president, and then his son Tom Plinkinson. He really did. He's got a straight well he's he's like doing a great job, but he's got tears coming out of his eyes. He's got enough chewing tobacci in his left flip to clog a toilet. He's Tom Clinkinson. And then the guy asked about what cars, Well, I actually have two cars. My boyfriend treats me really well, and I got a truck and f one fifty And she just goes it's purple, but I asked him to get me a green one because purple just seems too gaudy or whatever. He's coming up with all this. It was pretty funny, and we're both when the call ends, we're both just dying. And the lady who owned the house was probably like, what are they doing in there?
Speaker 2: What's that noise?
Speaker 1: There's another element is you've got two big dudes in your kitchen painting yep, and then the noises that are coming out of there is giggling and a really bad girl.
Speaker 2: Voice, effeminate voice going oh Jesus had to be that sounds hilarious. I love things like that. They're so good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was fun to work with. He he'd like, be on a ladder and it'll be, you know, twenty feet up painting like an eve or whatever. Yeah, and instead of coming down and moving a ladder every time, you kind of like lean and try to just paint that last little bit. But he'd go like, well, he's stretching, and more than once somebody come out of the house and be like, oh my god, it's everything okay, And then he's up there just like yeah, everythink Fine's pretty funny. That's hilarious good stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, and knowing who you're talking about, I get the visual imagery of this guy. And they called him the Viking for a reason because he's like a wedge, I mean big, thick, not heavy, but he's just thick, yeah.
Speaker 1: Strong, Yeah, and he's like a wrestler in college, right, yeah. Yeah, he's got kind of looks, you know, like got long hair, beard, gages. He's a brick.
Speaker 2: He's a brick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny, good stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think we blabbed for a long time. This is kind of an adequate I guess, you know, cap for our fiftieth episode before we get back to doing more of our investigatory kind of strange things. Is there anything else you want to talk about before we close this off? And at least we got something out there for the fifty people that might notice that we haven't right.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have anything elf the top of my head.
Speaker 2: Don't either, other than I'm I'm, you know, hoping for fun and many adventures in the next little bit. And we'll just keep trying. Yeah, mean, that's all you can do is.
Speaker 1: Keep trying, right, And the weather's getting better. It is getting better, so hopefully that'll allow us to get out more. You're not going to get COVID.
Speaker 2: No, I won't get COVID again unless there's some other weird iteration. But maybe you get the pox the monkey pot, but I guess that's more of a sexually transmitted kind of thing. You sound like, yeah, And there's.
Speaker 1: Not like no funky monkey.
Speaker 2: It's not like there are like thousands of cases. It's like, I think the last time I heard there was twenty one, and so it's kind of weird that there's so much news exposure on this when it's like, well twenty one people in the US.
Speaker 1: Everybody's trying to ride that COVID lightning. You know, they're like, people were so scared of COVID. Now if we can just make something else, we can get our YouTube channel or our conspiracy network just popping.
Speaker 2: I think people I, you know, crave bad news or something else, or the people that control the news like to feed a lot of bad news to from thinking about the other things that are way more important. I don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 1: It is pretty, but.
Speaker 2: That's conspiracy stuff, and I don't want to get into that because.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm getting well, I've always been kind of this way. But a lot of people like at Walmart, you know, around here, well they're not people. A lot of people like at Walmart or fred Meier or wherever you go get groceries, nobody's wearing masks. No, there's a couple hardcore people, the core people or and I feel like even that they're not afraid of COVID. They're just doing it now as a practice to not get sick, or they have to because that's what the work requirements is, something like that. But I think people are all like over it. Like I don't know, I can't speak for everybody, but around here people are like, I can I just want it COVID and then I can get some time off work. It'll be paid and then I don't get to worry about it again.
Speaker 2: And I can you know, if they give me hard time, I can like use all the federal assistance and I can pay my mortgage, I can pay for my rent, I can get my rental assistance.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 2: I can say COVID impacted people.
Speaker 1: Around here just like I'm done. I don't care if I can get it or I don't, or they are almost like more wanting to get sick now than they were before. It's crazy, I.
Speaker 2: Can admit it. It wasn't fun. It wasn't horrible. I mean, it wasn't like the worst sickness I've ever had, but it just it lingers, like right now in my voice. I still wake up in the morning sometimes and I'm like kind of shitty, and I don't like that, but I'm not. I wasn't like ever like, oh, this is the worst thing ever I've had flus before where I thought I was gonna die. Yeah, and they were so horrible.
Speaker 1: Laying on the floor like in parks and recreation, you're just like stop pooping, just laying on the tile floor to get cold final.
Speaker 2: And sometimes you know, you're just so cold. I remember having like chills for like days, and they were multiplying, and then you get to the fever, right it don't do it.
Speaker 1: I got cheese. They're multiplying and I'm in control.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do that. Then I thought you're gonna do the fever song.
Speaker 1: Right after that, but never know how much I love it, right fever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, anyway, But so it wasn't bad, It just it just didn't go away. Quickly, didn't clear quickly, and I still like blow my nose and it's like I can't believe the the viscosity, stickiness of like the stuff that comes out. It's like, what is this? This is like the consistency even gorilla.
Speaker 1: Glos bearing grease coming out of your But then.
Speaker 2: It dries hard and it's like she can't scrab it up. I could make a mint if I could bottle this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, use it for bearing grease.
Speaker 2: And then glue. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a kind of a stomach bug the other day kind of went through not the other day, a couple of weeks back, and it went through my in laws literally, yeah, for real, literally, but it's like where you're shelby. My wife said that we reached a new point in our marriage because I got up to get to work and she was in the bathroom kind of like she had her head kind of like on the bathtub and she just had water running and it was really hot and steamy. So she's probably trying to like clear out her sinuses or just don't know, she just wasn't doing good. I went downstairs got a drink of water. By the time I got back upstairs, I was gonna throw up, so I bust open the bathroom. I'm like, get out, I have to throw up, and she, you know, jumps up and runs out of the bathroom, shuts door. I throw up in the toilet. Two seconds later that door goes, blasts the hole in the wall, and not really, but she kicks the door open, goes and throws up in the bathtub.
Speaker 2: So well, what else do you do.
Speaker 1: We're both sitting there throwing up, and you know, it's miserable, and we're both wanting to help each other, but we're both dyed. And then just in the middle of it all, you know, in between sessions, if you will, Shelby's like, I think we reached a new level in our marriage.
Speaker 2: It's like throws together. It was awful.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know. That was worse than COVID. I think when I got COVID, the worst part was that I had strap throat and a sinus infection and COVID and I was hunting in the mountains and it was pouring rain the.
Speaker 2: Whole time, and you drink too much alcohol.
Speaker 1: That was the only good part, iterized my throat. I'd come back to the camper and i'd you know, have a shot or to a whiskey and a beer and it would disinfect. With a gallon of ibuprofen. I owe my cousin Ryan a bunch of ibuprofen because I ate all his. But it would cut my fever down. Yeah, yeah, yeah that I've had a probably all day and didn't realize it, and then I'd feel so good at like midnight, I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa, let's go do something next morning. And then yeah, exactly that when he broke my bike. Yeah, that's I.
Speaker 1: Weigh fifty pounds more than you, probably two ninety what Okay, maybe I'm at two forty you're at one. I weigh two hundred, so I'm forty pounds heavier. Yeah, And then I have, like I don't know, a forty pounds backpack on with a bow and I'm going down the trail. I think your bike was just like, get this fat guy off me. I'm just gonna pop a tire to get over that's catching air and stuff.
Speaker 2: Would you owe me because that cost me like thirty bucks?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 2: Do we want to keep rambling? We're like, gosh, where do I get? Fifteen minutes we talked fifty minutes.
Speaker 1: What a perfect number to end on.
Speaker 2: Fifty minutes for our fiftieth episode, and.
Speaker 1: We just got to make it two more minutes, roughly two more minutes, yeah, two more minutes because it's eight forty eight. Yeah, what do you got for two minutes?
Speaker 2: I was going to try to think of more strange thoughts that I've had, but I have so many. It's like, and I don't want people to think I'm that guy.
Speaker 1: I tend to think about. I tend to think about what I would do if I were to like catch a rapist, Oh yeah, and how I would beat the living turds out of them?
Speaker 2: Or have you ever had thoughts like so, like there was this mass shooting of young kids, innocent kids. That stuff is horrible, but so what it does? It triggers in me what I would do if there was something going on right, And you know, it's like, all of a sudden, I turned from a fairly mild bannered, easygoing.
Speaker 1: Kind to Mike cornered wolverine to like, I will take you out. Yeah that's yeah, I think about that, but that's so dark.
Speaker 2: We can't end on that.
Speaker 1: You got one minute to turn this around?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the happy thoughts of all of this kind of stuff is that of the strange thoughts you have. You have tons of strange happy thoughts. Yeah, you know, I have thoughts about like, have you ever had thoughts about how you can do something for somebody and make your date baty?
Speaker 1: That's one. If I won the lottery or something came into money, and how like that lady that mom who's walking out to the car, she's got a daughter, and a daughter's balling. It's two she or bag rips and she gets in this clunker and it's not starting. You know, you just watch it play out. So you step out of your Mercedes. You walk over there and you're like, hey, you want this and just handle the keys to a Mercedes?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you see, that'd be good. But here's the bad thing about that is that if you keep waiting for that to happen, it will never happen. It will never come. You'll never be able to be the person that makes somebody have joy. But you can't like kill everybody. The other day said no, the other day, I was in I was in Winco.
Speaker 1: Are you going to tell us about how good you are? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, No, I was in the grocery store and there was a lady there that.
Speaker 1: Had all no it was Costco.
Speaker 2: I was in Costco and there's a lady there that had five kids of various ages from probably two because they were all walking two to probably seven, and they were in the aisle and she was trying to tell them to get out of the way of other people. It was like crazy busy time. She was just stretched to the max, like butter over to my friend and so as I went by, and the little kid jumped out in front of me and almost hid him. She said, Nick, she said, She said, I am so sorry. She said, this is so hard. I shouldn't have come this time of day. And I said, you know what, I think you're doing an awesome job. Good job. Yeah, that's so, I said, And you could tell just that one word changed her whole outlook. She smiled big. She kind of grabbed her kid that she was kind of being rough with and kind of patted him on the head and kind of just pushed him over jentily. It was like and all it took for me was to swallow my frustrated shit and say, hey, I think you're doing an awesome job.
Speaker 1: I did something like that that was much less I think I told you about this before, but much less kind. I was at a Walmart where I reside typically, and I was going through, like where they have.
Speaker 2: The towels and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then on the next aisle was like soap dispensers, and but I could hear on the other side the other aisle his baby just screaming, and then coming down the other direction with his cart, some douchey looking dude, and he just puts his head back up over the thing and goes, shot your kid up. And I straight up like turned my cart right in front of him, and I was like, do you have kids?
Speaker 2: Do you have to do this? Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And he's like no.
Speaker 2: I'm like, then you don't get to talk. She's having a bad day.
Speaker 1: And then I walked away, like you in the back of the Yeah, I got all mad, but he looked like scared too, because he wasn't a very big guy. And yeah, I like, I don't know what kicked it off for me.
Speaker 2: I was ready to throw it down the button.
Speaker 1: He's got the nerve. And then I just turned my cart in front of him and made it stop. And I was pretty living well.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's a good thing to end this podcast. On number fifty, we ended on a positive note, which is go out and don't do anything major. I mean you can, if you want, go fight somebody at Walmart, but go out and say a kind word to somebody and try to make somebody's day better. What a great thing. If we can only get one of our fifty listeners to go out and do that, that would be awesome. Please tell us say, you know what. I heard your thing and I went out. I decided I was going to do it.
Speaker 1: I went out.
Speaker 2: I just told that neighbor, that fat guy next door, that he's looking good man. He said thanks, yeah, no, no, he flipped me off.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, he thought I was being sarcastic. Yeah, that was That'd be a fun thing to do for our listeners. Like you guys can write in that'd be great episode. You know, anonymous would be ideal. I think, yeah, but that's just me. But but you can't just go well, mister number three four seven did this. We'll just say like, oh and Billy Bob or Katie Joe or Leanna, or we could just assign names to that place.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well yeah, maybe not even if.
Speaker 1: You don't want to leave your name for the sake of anonymity, we will change your name.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and if you do want your name, go ahead and send it, and then we will just mock you.
Speaker 1: Gosh, that's not true. No, do acts of kindness even if you do claim it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but that would be a fun thing to get, just random acts of kindness. We did.
Speaker 2: We did an episode Strange acts of Kindness, one of our first ones. That would be fun to do another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be cool if we could get our group of twelve people yeah in on it.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about our listeners?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they could all you know, and then maybe that would encourage them to be nice to do more people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they would help be nice and spreading kindness.
Speaker 1: That being said, I also want to hear when you've been really mean to somebody, because those often.
Speaker 2: Random acts of violence, strange acts of violence or meanness.
Speaker 1: Don't go be mean.
Speaker 2: No, we don't want to hear those. First, we got to do the kind thing, and then we can have a confessional where everybody can like tell about the bad thing they did. Forgive me father, for I have I have send and so have you get your hands off me? Oh okay, all right, all right, okay, good, let's end on that. Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, join us next time for hopefully some cold drinks, yes, and some strange conversations.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Not water babies, water babies, all right,