Speaker 1: Minnesota. Goodbye, let's get started. Don't say a name. This one goes to Jenny Ready, Jenny, Yes, I'm getting my very first PAP smear today, Wednesday, February twelfth, and I'm scared as all living hell. I remember you talking on the show with mister know it All on Tavius Leek, who thinks that all girls are totally okay changing in front of people or being naked. But I am not, nor have I ever been one of those girls. I would never even take my shirt off in front of my best friend or even go to the bathroom with her in the same room. I just figure, since you're pretty open with gross stuff on the show in the Minnesota Goodbye, I thought you might be able to help me, Jenny. If you end up reading this email, lmao. Anyway, the thought of having a total stranger anywhere near my badge is horrifying to me. So can you please please tell me what to expect and how to survive this gross milestone moment, Any tips, words of wisdom, a holy blessing, maybe maybe just take my place? Thanks, pray for me. Don't say my name.
Speaker 2: You're going to be totally fine. So you get to change without anyone in the room. So you'll probably put on a robe or something that like covers you halfway. And I think most girls do their best to keep yourself covered because it'll like tie in the back or something. Yeah, so you get up on the table, you lay there, you wait awkwardly for fifteen minutes for the guy to collogists to come in, and then they have you put your feet up and spread them apart on these little holders I forget what they're.
Speaker 3: Called stirrups yep.
Speaker 2: And then they go in and they do what they have to do super quick. It really doesn't take long at all. And then you put your legs down and that's like the end of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not comfortable, though, I will say that it's like not uncomfortable, but it is just weird.
Speaker 2: Every woman's vagina is built differently, so I think it actually like I don't know, like the way you angle and stuff, it is different for every single woman. I would say that, yes, it is uncomfortable, but it goes very very quick.
Speaker 3: Yes, then you're.
Speaker 1: Done because it's a swab on the end of a cotton a stick. Right, they have to use this like metal like the speculum. Yeah, speculum.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to do my best to not use words like metal hitch for this woman.
Speaker 1: Who is it's I mean, it's a it's like a little spreader. It's like a little thing that goes in and you like, I mean, I've seen one before. I think somebody brought one into the radio station as a joke one time, and it's like, you know, it's loubed and it's comfortable. You're right, I don't know that it's comfort definitely.
Speaker 4: It's looped, so it goes in fine. But then I mean when I say the heavy open, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's rough, let it all out.
Speaker 2: I've had so many pasmears and I feel like, uh, I still clench down there as it's happening, you know, like it's just your natural response to something being inside.
Speaker 3: Of you like that.
Speaker 2: But it's not super different than putting in a tampon and then kind of having it spread open a little bit. It's not spreading you out to like pop a baby out or anything like that. I'm not trying to put that kind of fear into you. It just has to be spread a tiny bit for the doctor to be able to go in with a swab and get like a a sample.
Speaker 1: I think that her part from reading her email, I think a lot of her fear is being naked and vulnerable in front of somebody. Remember this is the girl who couldn't take off her shirt I feel in front of like a friend when she was a kid. I don't like being naked in front of my doctor when it's like time for a hernia check. Guys have to pull their pants down and the doctor grabs their doo dads and you know, you cough and whatever. I don't like it.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 6: No, I don't think anyone would like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and I still feel uncomfortable, even though the doctor, you got to figure they gave they could give a crap. They just it's to them. It's like they do it fifteen times a day. They don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you really are covered most of the time. So if you're fearful of like having to be naked in front of the doctor, you're really not. It's just like you have to do the PAP, like the actual sample part. So yeah, they're looking at your vagina at that point, but it goes quick and then they'll do a breast exam.
Speaker 3: You barely like are naked for that point.
Speaker 4: They don't even I feel like every time I've gotten one, they go underneath the little robe that you're wearing, and then when they got the pap smear itself, they gave me like a blanket to put over my legs as I was laid back in the stirrups. I do say, though, like my piece of advice, if you're really worried about it.
Speaker 6: Is to request a female gynecologist.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, most of them are now, yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember my first one.
Speaker 4: I did have a man come in and I said I would not get examined by a man, and then they were like, okay, fine, and then they sent it a woman and it was totally fine. They're like cool with that. So if you're really worried about it, just ask for a woman.
Speaker 2: But you might already have that like set because a lot of people, when you make your doctor's appointment, you know who you're going to be seen.
Speaker 3: But guess I have always gone to a woman as well.
Speaker 2: I would not go to a man, but I purposely like made sure to make an appointment with a woman.
Speaker 1: I don't think that men normally become gynecologists anymore, h anymore, because I think that there's such a I don't want to use the word discrimination, but a preference for female guynecologists. But I will say a lot of doctors delivering babies I think are still men. But I also met on Booty cruise. I almost said, a boatload, a handful like six female guyos who all listened to katiewb And there they were on Booty Cruise. The amazing thing about is they were all youngish, none of them were over thirty five. And this was Tennis years ago, and it was like, yeah, we're all guyos and I'm like, wow, you guys delivered be Yeah, we listened to you guys in the delivery room and I'm like, wow, okay, that's kind of cool.
Speaker 6: Well, good luck with your paps, mirror, you got it.
Speaker 2: You've got it to go quicker than you think. The worst part is waiting for the doctor to come in as you're sitting there, like in the awkward hospital gown thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then you're like that.
Speaker 1: Is the worst. I mean, I think for any procedure. I remember when I had, god what I had a colonosca be done a year or so ago and they were running behind no pun intended, so you got your robe on your bare ass. Under the robe, they get an IV in use so they can shoot you up with whatever when they need to. And I remember Fox nine was plane silently and I didn't have the volume control. So I sat there for probably an hour and a half waiting with an IV in my arm, naked under the robe, watching Fox nine with no audio. Just the worst. Next one, here we go, Lucas question for pilot Dave. Dave, what causes an airplane to have more or less smoke emission? Or does it depend on the weather? I only asked because I looked out my back window and saw this in the sky, and I didn't know if it's like a car, where usually more smoke is being admitted the oil is bad in the engine. How come this usually occurs or seen in smaller planes. So basically what he's showing is a vapor trail or a contrail. And this is what this is kind of funny because you see him in the sky all the time. If you look up on a clear blue you're going to see a white, long, mostly straight cloud coming out of the back of an airplanel. It's not smoke. It is a condensation in the same way if you take a cup of hot coffee outside, it will steam. It's really cold at altitude. At altitude right now, I could look up on a weather app right now, just look it up for fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Are you saying, those aren't chemicals in the sky that are noisoning all of us?
Speaker 1: Sorry, No, they are not chemicals. They are not chem trails. Let me see if I can find the weather at altitude, and I don't know if I know where to look anymore. No, okay, yeah, here we go. Okay, right now, in Minnesota it is minus eighteen degrees celsius, and that's about zero degrees I think. But if you go up to what does an aircraft fly at about thirty six thousand feet, it's minus fifty four degrees celsius. Wow, So type in what is minus fifty four degrees celsius in fahrenheit and you'll see how freaking cold it is. And the reason I bring it up is because it's so cold up there that if you if the hot engine and the exhaust of the engine turns to steam right away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, negative sixty five point two, yes, fahrenheit.
Speaker 1: So that's how cold. It is up at like airplane's altitude. Yeah, so when it flies over, that's not chemicals or smoke. That's basically just the hot air, the same way that when you breathe outside on a cold bank nice. So you know exactly right. Brandon Wright Sin says, my husband did this and basically found out he almost dies all night long, spending more time not breathing than breathing. I already told him this. He stopped breathing. It says O V times an hour. I think that's a TYPEO. We were talking about getting a c PAP, yes, and he says, get a sleep study, yes, because I can't sleep on my back and I want to be able to sleep on my back, but I snore and I can't wake up. I can't can't get to sleep. The sleep study was so easy. He went picked up the kit and wore it overnight. It's a chest strap and a recording device, a finger clip for oxygen and pulse and air tubes that rest in your nostrils. You wear it overnight and bring it back the next day. The actual machine when you get diagnosed is so quiet, and it changed both of our lives. Worst case, you do the test and you find out you just snore a bit dine in the middle of the night because of it would be a super lame way to go. The results of his see sleep quality and his Apple Watch are a night and day difference. Now, so if you're snoring or have sleep happening, a lot of people don't even know it, but they're tired. They're so tired, Yeah, because they wake up like, you know, twenty times an hour or one hundred times an hour, because their throat closes and they you know, like kind of snap back away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for even a moment, which is why they probably don't realize.
Speaker 1: It right exactly. Okay, thank you Brandon for that one. Let's go to Wanita. You guys ready for Oneita?
Speaker 2: Yes, Billy and I got to thank She sent us a little gift in the mail and it was a bunch of like kind of protect herself like spray defense kind of.
Speaker 6: That doesn't mean her flashlight.
Speaker 1: It's a night little bag.
Speaker 5: For you.
Speaker 1: And then if you'l like an alarm, alarm or something.
Speaker 6: All these kind of personal defense do dads.
Speaker 3: Okay, So thank you.
Speaker 1: Cam sitting the board up to record one Needa to make sure it works. Correctly, and here we go unscreened. Here is one Nita's rent for the day.
Speaker 7: Hey, one need to hear. So this week's rent is about launder shoots. So back when I was growing up, our house had a launder shoot. So whenever you have all your dirty clothes, just take your dirty clothes and throw them down a launder shoot into the laundery room, and then you can go downstairs to the laundry room and wash your clothes. When we first moved here to Minnesota, in the first house we bought in Coon Rapids had a launder chute. Therefore, you just throw your clothes down the laundry chute, you go downstairs and you wash. You don't have to come. You don't have to go running down the stairs with big baskets of dirty clothes. So nowadays I don't see them anymore, Dave. We don't have the big mansion that you have out there in chan happening, but we do have a four.
Speaker 1: Level home out here in Andover.
Speaker 7: So all the bedrooms are on the first floor, the three bedrooms on the first floor, and guess where the fucking laundry room is, all the way down on the fourth level in the basement. So when you have a because a full of dirty clothes, you have to take the baskets all the way from the first floor all the way down to the four fourth floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So now you might think, well, why don't you just have your kids do the laundry. Well, my son, whenever he washes, he washes one shirt, one pair of pants, three tide pods. He doesn't realize that he almost fucking lost his life when I found that out, So he's not allowed to wash. My husband, when he washes clothes, he'll put in four different colors, but when he comes out, when it comes out the machine, everything is the same fucking collar. So he's not allowed to wash anymore either. So it's just me and my daughter that washes. But it would make it so fucking convenient if there was a laundry shoot that way, then we have to take the baskets all the way downstairs at the laundering roome. Fucking pisses me off. On Jenny Bailey, I hope you all got your gifts. I hope you like it. It keeps you safe. But that's my rant for this week. Love you guys, bye.
Speaker 1: B uh, thank you, and Nita. Yeah, laundry shoots, I think became a thing maybe last century, but a lot of newer homes it's the laundry is on the bedroom floor. Yeah, so if you live, you know, like on the second level, your laundry is right up there by your closet.
Speaker 6: Because God has a laundry shoot.
Speaker 1: It's great, very cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they originally when when they put in like washer dryers in homes, they were always in the basement, like mine is on the ground floor. But it doesn't really make any sense because our clothing our closets and we get dressed on the top floor. But when I was a kid in my house in Colorado, the washer dryer was in the basement, And the first few homes that I bought, the washer dryers were in the basement.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's because it was such a novel, you know, like a indoor washing machine might have been new enough it's like, oh, well, we'll put it in the basement. But now it's like put it next to your closet.
Speaker 2: Did people have room to put that? I mean maybe yeah, next to your closet. But if you would think of the way that houses were built back in the day, there wasn't necessarily a ton of room for a washer and dryer on like main floor area.
Speaker 1: But now they build a specific room for it. Right, Like pretty much every new house that we've looked at, there's this specific room just for laundry, the mudroom, or they.
Speaker 4: Have a specific closet for it, Like I have friends who live in apartments who have a specific like extra deep closet for their washer, drive.
Speaker 1: Like a smaller one.
Speaker 4: Right, No, they're like full, They're stacked on top of each other.
Speaker 1: One thing that we've noticed is that, you know, the if you get a home that was built before twenty ten or so, it's going to have two things that nobody wants anymore. Number one, a formal dining room. Number two, a formal living room out front. So you walk in, you walk usually into a formal living room, and right over there is the dining room. Nobody wants those anymore, so around twenty ten they stop building homes with a formal dining room in a formal living room. So like in Allison's house, built like five years ago, she you walk in, you walk past the stairs of the mudroom and right into the big open living room, kitchen combination dining room. There is no dining.
Speaker 4: Room, yeah, because I don't think I have a don't my dad has dining room. But also yeah, his house was built, I don't know, nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when a dining room was like, oh, this is a nice thing, like, oh, you fix dinner in the kitchen and you bring it out to the dining room.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: When I was house hunting, honestly, I was looking at Saint Louis Park houses and they were all built during like the war, the same exact like format, and so everything was very condensed and right next to each other. There was only one house that was like a little bit more modern and spacious, but that didn't have a formal dining room. It just had a big island in the kitchen and then god, I don't even know if there was room for a table or for the island. Was the table then okay, because it opened like the living room was right there too, So it was just like a big room of like the kitchen in the living room, probably similar to like Alison's.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, and that's kind of what people want now. They want one big room where you hang out. You know. I guess it used to be back in the day, if you had people over, you would serve them coffee or tea and refreshments in your formal living room. Nobody does that. Now we have somebody over, you come right to the bar in the kitchen, you sit down to the kitchen island, and you hang out of the kitchen island.
Speaker 6: Fancy you a bar in the kitchen with a well, not a.
Speaker 1: Bar, but you know what I mean, like the center is or the kitchen table. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Here's the floor stone.
Speaker 1: Here's another couple of trends that I've noticed is and we talked about this one. Apparently it's illegal in Minnesota or maybe everywhere to put an outlet on the end of your kitchen island. Did you know this because there's a story about a little three year old. There was a hot pot, a crockpot of like stew or chili or something. Three year old comes along, it's plugged into the center island. They pulled the cord and it comes down all over them and scalding, scalding burns on a little kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So a builder could tell us, or a realtor could tell us. But I think it's illegal to build a home with a plug in the center island. If they're there their grandfathered in.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to ask Andrew? Yeah, yeah, if you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, And while you're doing that, I will tell you that. Also, we've noticed that homes are getting away from a built in sink garbage disposal.
Speaker 2: Hi, we have a quick question. We're recording the Minnesota Goodbye. Is it illegal to build an outlet on an island in a home now because of the danger of it?
Speaker 5: No, it's code.
Speaker 6: It's cool.
Speaker 5: We have to have an outlet on an island.
Speaker 3: So you do have to have an outlet on okay, but not on the end.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm pretty sure code know that you have to have an outlet on an island.
Speaker 2: But it would be on top would it be on the side side of the island?
Speaker 5: I think it can be either, as long as a GFCI, but it has to be a specific outlet. Because I had a client buying a new build and they wanted to builder to switch out the outlet and they're like a USB outlet, and if he couldn't get the code and they would have to do it after they moved in. So they put it in a regular outlet, or I might be getting my wires crownd and maybe they wanted an outlet out on the island. And now what I'm thinking about it, and get used to have an outlet out an island.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well that's all we needed.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Andrew.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 6: He's confused.
Speaker 1: But you know, I don't know. I mean, I'll take Andrew's word for it. And maybe I'm wrong about that, maybe my realtorp is wrong, but I was going to finish up with this and that. Garbage disposals are also kind of going away because you're basically just putting more slop into the sewer system. So you throw your old chili or your old sandwich down the garbage disposal, you're putting more slop into the sewer system. But then again, there's poop in the sewer system. What's the sandwich going to What difference is the sandwich going to make extra.
Speaker 6: Stuff that doesn't have to be down there? Poop has to be down there.
Speaker 1: You know that's a good point. Yeah, But but Susan, she doesn't care. I say, well, let's not throw as much food in the garbageposal. Let's throw it in the trash can. So we have left over you chicken, soup or chili, I'll scoop it into the trash can and she'll stuff everything in the garbage disposals.
Speaker 6: So you need a compost bin instead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know anything about this, then hey, there's something for you to write in. Baby. You're like, aha, finally something that I know about. Send me an email on anything in the Minnesota. Goodbye to Ryan Show at katiwb dot com.