Speaker 1: He was to commenter who Go Podcast episode four sixty five. I'm brand Ome, Here's Brian, and we're gona talk about the legends for Magic Foundations Horizons. Now it our theme song. Hey Ryan, We're back for yet another whirlwind adventure.
Speaker 2: How you doing? We're back good? What is going down?
Speaker 1: The whole ton is going down. We're gonna get into some legendary creature that we want to meech at the beach for a drink.
Speaker 2: Probably, Yeah, there are some beach inspired arts that we're gonna talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course we are. And we got some stories to tell, some people to thank before we get into all that stuff. Before we get any of that stuff, we have to thank our official business Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot com. They are your source for all your gaming needs and also the Great Pile of Bones brewing code that the second coolest thing to come out of Regina, as well as the official beer sponsor for c CEO's Side Walks Slam right here on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I like how that becomes more New York cartoon like impersonation from I'm going to the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: You wait until I get a toothpick and I put it up and I go hey, yo, and then we do Yeah, nothing has New York, that's Miami. But but you know I can wherever I want. I well traveled Canadian person. That's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, for sure, big thank you to Fusion Gaming Online dot com. If you're looking for a discount on all of your gaming supplies, you use Hey, get this, tell me new promo code. It's that time of year. New promo code CCO Holiday. It's gonna get your discount on literally anything you buy from Fusion Business.
Speaker 1: Daddy's definitely heard last week and we said we're gonna ride summer until we couldn't anymore, and said, boy, we're gonna put a stop to that nonsense immediately. That was the joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because summer came here right after we recorded the show. And she's like, you guys were talking about me. Yeah, like, doo not watch the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, you don't want to know.
Speaker 2: C CEO Holiday is gonna get you discount magic cards, sealed products, sing sleeves, play mats, D and D books, Pokemon Yu Gil you know, for the Christmas presents for the kids and stuff, right, and doing so using the code is going to support CEO and let the business daddies know that their partnership with the goons from Saskatoon. The goons from Saskatoon. Eh, yeah, that's a good one, it is or else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be a real shame if they didn't think it was a good deal for them.
Speaker 2: Then it'd be your real.
Speaker 1: Shame if some goons showed up and took a big crap outside the front door there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought somebody's gonna fall down. It wasn't gonna be an accident.
Speaker 1: Oh no, because like I figured, we got to do something that would happen anyway. But then we get to laugh about it because we did it and they'll never know. Mmmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought I thought it was gonna be somebody with a black eye. Had to tell somebody it was a doorknob. Well, it might have been a doorknob.
Speaker 1: It was in a soft and not attached to a door, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, final big thank you goes out too. Oh no, pile of bones. I gotta mention the the oh Man, everybody from the Bones coming up clutch when it counts. Talked about on the pre show yesterday. We've got pile of bones coming. It's being delivered during trash anti. So I'm gonna have to fight off a bunch of nerds that are like charity charity nerds because it's coming to the CEO Experience Calgary. As a thank you to all of the people in the nation that make the CEO Experience is so much fun, We've got some pile of bones coming, so thanks to them. Now, the final thank you goes to producer Gary at the dufferin Avenue Media Network Network Studio.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're in the studio right now where.
Speaker 2: We are, Yeah, for sure, and we have a fun little thing to show off. Oh look at CECO summer. I forgot to change it. No Ah, that's it. Cut cut, No, Scott, cut the cut. The show shows over. No wait, you know what you're watching on YouTube?
Speaker 1: Which should be and that show was. That intro was really good. I don't want to waste it. Let's just power through.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you're you'll see something really cool that we're going to have in Calgary. If producer Gary wants to flip over to uh, I believe it's camera two now.
Speaker 1: I to show it. Just show it.
Speaker 2: It's the CEO Plinko board. It's the funnest thing ever. We're gonna have a whole Plinko tournament in Calgary, and producer Gary's coming out in his house coat and underwear and he's gonna drop a team brand.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right, that's how it is.
Speaker 2: That's why he didn't win. Drop a team Ryan in there.
Speaker 1: There we go, let's go fuck damn it, this is rigged and bullshit. Then go again, damn it, try again, not shit, Okay, god damn it. The point is we're gonna win regular cards, big cards, packed stickers. There we go. This is the one. This is the one, baby, damn it.
Speaker 2: Blocking it out. So we've got the Plinko board, as it says, every play is gonna be a winning play. We've got prize tickets to give out ye booster packs courtesy of Face to Face Games. Our friends there, and maybe we'll touch base with the other retailers like Fusion and House of Cards and whoever else is there to say, Hey, anybody wanting on the Blinkel board.
Speaker 1: Maybe sock Rocket would give away socks.
Speaker 2: Oh they will, hundred percent, they will sock socccrocket. Those guys are good and always guys, always willing to discuss and theorize new sock ideas.
Speaker 1: I just want the one with guns on them, block socks, that's all I want. I want.
Speaker 2: I want socks with a glock and spiel on it, so they could be sock and spiels.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'd also accept the frogs on them. There's no pun there. I just want songs with frogs on them. Yes, sogs with frocks, so maybe they'd help you jump higher. It's already over already.
Speaker 2: They'll be in for sure. And on Sunday, if you're coming to the CCO experience, if you're coming to Face to Face Tour Championship Weekend Calgary, it's still a mouthful every time. Yes, it is whine. Every Sunday, we are are gonna have a Planko tournament. We're gonna win a big card, big giant card up for grabs.
Speaker 1: I wonder what the big card's gonna be. I hope it's one that you want, and then we have to give it to somebody else.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's okay. I like giving stuff away, Yeah you do. I like giving stuff away, especially at events, And of course there's gonna be small prizes throughout the week. We've got Ultimate Guard is the title sponsor. They're gonna have stuff to give away. Face to face always has generously provided us with lots of stuff to give away, and of course CEO discounts to the merch, booth, stickers, tokens, games with all of CECIO nation and lots of the dude bros coming.
Speaker 1: Can I call it?
Speaker 2: Can I call them the Greater Goons? Can I call them the Goon Squad? The Greater Goons? Yeah, the goons at large? Yeah, all of those are fine terms. We're the goon Like, yes, the CEO goondalk saying we're.
Speaker 1: Out there clapping up people that are doing bad.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm gonna clap some cheeks in fricking plinko. Man, I'm undefeated, man, as you have seen. Yeah, just talk about cards, last thing, last thing again Gary, No, I'm undefeated, doesn't matter. Yeah, Post Calgary is going to be coming up to like Black Friday time and then the Christmas kind of theme. I want to have a whole bunch of stuff on sale because Brandon and I were talking about getting rid of the old merch to bring in all of the new CCO merch for twenty twenty five, and we're really digging the comic book theme and that kind of old school like sixties retro comic vibe. So I got a call out for the nation. Okay, if you want to see that kind of merch, let us know what you want, because I don't want to guess and make something that nobody wants, right. And also, if you're maybe an artist or some kind of graphic designer or have some ideas of what would be cool that may you'd like to see on some CEO march, you get us. Hook us up, hit us up, yeah, because I would love to feature artists out in the community like we've done so often with Gee Pizza. We use those skeleton heads on frickin' everything.
Speaker 1: As you can have seen with the Plankoa board and the Plankoat tokens. And it's not my shirt, yeah there it is again.
Speaker 2: But they're on the CEO Experience Calgary shirt with cowboy hats on. Yeah right. And they've a little bit become synonymous with our brand in Canada because Face to Face Games also puts them on all of the stuff, like when we did the party in Toronto and now going to Calgary, on the website and stuff. So we're doing this yep. For sure. So lots of good deals to be had at the CEO store coming up. And of course if you want to get in the discord and help us plan and get into the CEO Design channel and stuff Patreon dot com, slash CEO podcast, that's where to do it.
Speaker 1: Little support goes a long way.
Speaker 2: We appreciate all of it very much so, and you can get on curbs. I'd pick up the latest one. Just launched a four player game, Callum the Third. He was in it, and he's gonna be in Calgary. That's gonna be fine. Yeah, he's coming off his celebrity appearance on curb side pickup. We've got to knock him down. A few pegs will do. I'm gonna use Plinko to do that, and magic to gathering cards and I can probably drink more beer than him. But nobody's just gonna hit him. Oh yeah, the old sock and the doorknob trick from a few minutes ago. Yes, yeah, somebody's gonna get a black eye. It's gonna be callum yeah from a doornum.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I guess we were ruined the surprise. Spoiler alert, but here we are.
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The CEO initiation party. Everybody's gonna get hit with a sock with a doorknob in it.
Speaker 1: That's a cue ball. Yeah, fine, we all remember the kids. Fine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Should we.
Speaker 1: Talk about some cards? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, So we have got thirty nine new legends from Foundations and Jumpstart oh Man combined, and that seems like lots. But we're not gonna talk with all of them.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, good thing for an editor, Joe, because some.
Speaker 1: Of them are not I don't think any of them are actually like duds, but some of them are just I don't care.
Speaker 2: Some of the uncommon ones aren't very powerful or very obviously are like, oh, that goes in the ninety nine of something like the elf that untaps all of your other elves. Yeah, right, that goes in the ninety nine of your last real elf ball deck. That's the whole review. Yeah, we did it. The bonus card, right, bonus card. Now, some of these things and a little bit. We'll talk about it more next week when we do our final look at Foundations or a little bit behind the eight ball. Sorry, everybody are quite expensive, yes, and I tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 1: Okay. The reason for this is it's still technically pre release as of this episode's release exactually this coming weekend it's the official release day and you.
Speaker 2: Can go out and buy the product and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: But prices are still going to be very high for the next little while until the packs and jump Start gets sorted out. We talked about on the pre show yesterday. Brouvac maintained a fairly high.
Speaker 2: Level of price thirty bucks Art's say, but did come.
Speaker 1: Down from where it was when it was originally released. I think it was eighty or ninety at the time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was quite expensive. Now maxists, on the other hand, fifty dollars at release now, four dollar card, six dollars card, huge.
Speaker 1: Nose dive, and ninety percent of the cards in here, I'm going to argue here will take a huge dive. So by all means, by Jumpstart, there's tons of cool stuff in there, There's bobs, and we're gonna get into that next week. Ons of cool stuff. But if you're going to pre order this stuff, be aware that you're going to pay a premium to get your shit now, yes, when you could wait a few months or weeks even and get them for much much less. And we don't usually do the finance thing here, but I'd hate to see you get taken because you'd actually think that the Jelly Drover is actually worth eighty United States freedom dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that and that's an uncommon now one of the I got two things to say about that. One of the reasons that these are expensive and may maintain a slightly elevated price is because they do have japan ease manga anime artists maybe and in some cases famous artists that people will have heard of and want to collect art by those individuals. And that's fantastic. I love when they do that. Look at the Liliana from the Japanese Liliana from War of the Spark is like three thousand dollars in foil because it's done by the Final Fantasy Guy.
Speaker 1: Yep, right, then, how many Final Fantasy Guy arts? A they're going to be in the Final Fantasy set?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. I'd imagine quite a confuse. Several, Yeah, several or none, I don't know, if you're being facetious.
Speaker 1: No, they'll be lock.
Speaker 2: I'd imagine they're coming. You're gonna be done by ai oooh shit. The other thing I'll say about the elevated price of these cards in particular, because we're talking about them. If you want them and you have the means, without putting yourself kind of in a hole, please go out and spend seventy dollars on a single at an elevated price to help out your lgs's. That's the thing that's fantastic, and I don't think that that gets enough credence in content if you have the means and it doesn't spending seventy dollars on a proof release magic card that's going to be worth fifteen in a month. If seventy dollars doesn't hurt you, go out and spend seventy dollars at your LGS. Go to Fusion, go to any online retailer that is not like the biggest four in the world that are like multimillion dollar corporations. Go out and spend money because that's somebody's business, and that makes a lot of sense for the health of the game and the health of those lgs. Is right, because if there isn't seventy dollars cards in packs and they're forced to sell cards at two and three dollars, ah, they kind of get boned, right, So this is a good thing for them, and it's a double good thing. Three friends at CCO. If you see CEO Holiday, I did a little bit of a discount on the what's her name, Sinnet Jelly.
Speaker 1: Droveret Jelly, we're not even let's just talk. Let's she'll be the bonus one. So she's a two to two for blue four. When she comes into play or eats shit, you get a one to one blue jellyfish creature token. With flying creatures you control with flying get plus one plus one.
Speaker 2: She is a She is a fine card. I'm gonna play Blue Bounce, Blue Blink, I'm going to die. No. But also when she enters, oh yeah, so if I can blink her, she's gonna re enter and she's gonna give me a jellyfish. And the jellyfish she a two two. So when you said she's a two two for four, and I'm like, okay, but actually she's a two to two for she's four power for four manut and two of which is flying. Like, this is a great limited card. If I opened this Jumpstart pack A, I'm probably gonna win that game B next week and I'm going straight to the fricking retail trade it in, thereby driving the price down for the people who can't afford the seventy dollars price tango. I bet you they either won't be taking jump Start cards on the weekend of or Sinnette will be like a three dollars by list.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, let's go to the actual things.
Speaker 2: Well, this this is them. No, that's not the no, this is them. Ok Okay, who do you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: My first one? Sure? This is it's right here. It's a Felli, a viper whisperer, the one three for black, one death touch. Whenever Afeli attacks, you may pay Gulgary Hybrid and one. If you do, you mech black Snack, which is one of my favorite things to say in all of magic.
Speaker 2: Do you have a Gulgary deck I do?
Speaker 1: And do you why I'm so excited about this? Is my Gulgary deck Ishpatra? Right well, I have a Patra and I have oops all death touch. Oh and this goes right in there because it makes snakes with death you.
Speaker 2: Could go in both.
Speaker 1: And she also has another ability black five until end of turn whenever one or more gorgons and or snakes we control dell combat damage to a player that player loses half their life rounded up. Oh, I like, I'm actually thinking if I can source one of these, and she's also got one of those Anime way Foo arts, I'm going to put her at the helmet and as we sit here recording right now, she's forty dollars m I'm gonna take her and I'm going to remove the current head of my oops All Death Touch deck, which is it's the Glissa that at the beginning of combat you pick a thing.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna trash her immediately put this in.
Speaker 1: Take all the Ferrexians that I play in the deck out because I'm playing Glyssa. I'm gonna replace it with a Felia and.
Speaker 2: Gorgans gorgons so you could have snakes and gorgons which are really just snakes.
Speaker 1: Which is people with snakes on their hands. Yes, it's gonna be so good. And then I can mex neck, which is again one of my favorite things to say in magic. It's almost as much fun as looking at the top card of my library. Anytime I go Mex's neck and everybody goes, what the hell is that I want to make a snake?
Speaker 2: Get it? Yeah, yeah, okay, that's fun, and.
Speaker 1: Then other people say it and it's a really good time. The point is I like this card lots, I like the art on it, I like what it does. I'm hoping I can source one, but man like, I think that's actually gonna make my oops All death Touch deck a little bit more synergistic than before when it was a Karth the Lyon Planeswalker theme in there. And now it's like the Fyrexians from All will be one because I wanted to play Glyssa and now I'll actually have something that just does the death touch thing and gives me kind of a win condition on the back of my little dudes, because most death touch guys except for like gets rock Monster real small.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. I have a question for you, okay, and in this very limited example of your Gulgary Snake and Gorgon deck, yeah, the answer is no, and you like it. But in the greater Magic sphere, in the Greater Magic Universe, for Commander, does having hybrid manna symbols in the text box of legendary creatures? Is that help or does that hurt the card? And is that good or bad for magic in general?
Speaker 1: I think it helps because it helps. I think if this was just a mono black card, I think it would be overshadowed fairly quickly. I think that the green in this particular case helps. And I think on a card that's either situational, man intensive, maybe even difficult to play, adding that extra colored pip just makes the card a little better, think fellm of Haven would right.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: He added the black in the text box, so you can play like the one black Fungus but also just black cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If this was just black, you can get access to the green stuff, which is more death touch, and I think that that helps overall. But in Jumpstart you have it like this, you can play it in your mono black deck if you want so, I dig it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you open a second pack that has green in it, you can still activate its ability with the green side of Jumpstart pack that you get. Correct. This is the other side of it, and you put up all those great points. Yeah. The other side of it is if I have a deck already that doesn't have green in it, or maybe my maybe I'm like a real Cco hipster and I've got like a demere blue and black snake deck or or a gorgon deck that's got blue and black in it. Sure, I don't know why anybody would have that. It's poor example in this exact case, but let's pretend that that's the example. Now, I can't play this right, right, And do I switch to damny a sage of stone to do like Sulti gorgons now, or do I change my demeir Gorgon's deck, which is kind of maybe a deck that is predicated on my identity as like a fringe brewer, to something that is the same thing as everybody else is going to print or build because they gave it to me right here, they said, gorgons and snakes in this color combination, and this is what they want me to play, right, And it takes it takes like it extracts the hipster out of what I'm trying to do. Or hold on a second, or does it make the hipster build demere gorgans that much cooler now? Yeah, and thereby making it even more of a positive because I'm dis distinctly going against the grain of what this wants me to do. That, yes, I suppose that's the optimists or the pessimist's view of it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It depends on how you look at it. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Also, if you were building like Mono black oops all death Touch, for example, you could still have this be the commander of that deck. You just don't have to play green. You could have not a single forest and not a single green creature in the whole deck and you wouldn't even notice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know what's funny about about that is in two years from now, when eighty six different sets have come out and there's been ten more snakes printed with death Touch in green and black, that's right, right, you could say I play a Felly of Viper Whisperer Mono Black, and people would be like, what the fuck is that? What is the deck is that? I don't know what deck that is? Nobody would know what you're doing, right.
Speaker 1: You know what would be fun is the player in Mono just do monogreen with just some blacks that you can play her.
Speaker 2: Mmmm. That'd be good. That'd be good too. Who's your next thing?
Speaker 1: I want to stop?
Speaker 2: I want to just touch on this one super fast.
Speaker 1: Sure, Bruilos of Fairies band. Sure, because it's a it does simmic bullshit. It says simic right on the card, but it's just mono.
Speaker 2: Green power and toughness each equal to the number of lands you control starstar for five, so it's five to five for five. Let's say that's fine. And then also when it attacks draw card and then play a.
Speaker 1: Land, why isn't that green and blue? It's that's what simic does. That's the semic ability.
Speaker 2: I like that it doesn't have blue in it.
Speaker 1: It's just putting blue into green. Dogs and cats living together mass hysteria.
Speaker 2: Yes, very much so I do like that it doesn't have blue in it. So if you did want power and toughness equal to number of lands, that's a very green thing. But if I want to also do the Tattiova thing, but have it attached to being aggressive instead of trying to value in combo like Tattiova does, I want my Tattoover to be aggressive. But because I take the trade off in the big Commander in the command zone, I don't get blue. I think that this card is actually kind of smart.
Speaker 1: It's cool, but it's still.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't fucking play tattoo over then bitch can't good?
Speaker 1: Not big enough?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, it's got blue in it? Too small too, Comboy, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: I want to play big beatskay.
Speaker 2: Speaking of big beats, Okay, I've got I've got a couple on this line here, a lend A Saint of Dusk.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if you were gonna like this.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if I like it it. I have an a lend Of deck, one of my long standing decks and quite powerful, very resilient. I bring it to all the conventions I go to because it kind of plays at any power level. It's got combo, it's got big stuff, it's got big mana, and it's got lots of recursion and resilience in case I'm playing like control heavy meta, lots of rats and stuff. Right, sure, this not that at all? No, No, this is a four to four for four So already fine. If you're playing Foundations Limited like I've touched on multiple times, wanting to do lifelink hexper from instance, pretty good, sure, pretty freaking good. Is as long as your life total is higher than your starting life total, it gets plus one, so it's a five to five life linking pro instance. Yes, okay, alenda gets an additional plus five.
Speaker 1: It also gets menace if your life total is above your.
Speaker 2: Sure starting life. Sure, so it ain't getting blocked. Yes, it gets an additional plus five plus five if your life total is ten greater than your starting life total, so then it becomes a ten ten, which is fine. Sure, I like it in the Oorzov life gain deck. Sure, I don't think it's the de facto Orozov life gain deck because already Tasa double dies, triggers or whatever exists.
Speaker 1: There's too many other things in that space that already exists. This is more aggressive than that.
Speaker 2: This is more aggressive. And I think you harness and leverage life gain, and you do that in Orozov primarily. But this deck is not the Aristocrat deck, which I've I really appreciate that we're not. And you've had the game where you sit down totally coincidentally flip over your commanders every like all four players playing Aristocrats.
Speaker 1: It was three Aristocrats decks and clones, so I was also playing Aristocrats.
Speaker 2: Right, And and this is very much not the Oris of Aristocrats deck, though it cares about life gain. Again, just a little bit of an interesting design on the commander, even though I already know what goes in, like Tree of Tradition switching life totals and the guy that says switch your life total and his power right from Dominaria. Sure, so I like that one. I like the next one, Everyth Viceroy of Plunder.
Speaker 1: I thought I was gonna like this one, and then I was fine on it and just moved along.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'll give it a read. It's got a little bit of a novel. It's black two vampire soldier, relevant creature types flying to two sacrifice another article fact or creature put a plus one plus one counter on Evyth. If the sacrifice permanent was a treasure, Everyth gains lifelink until and a turn. Activate only as a sorcery when Everyth dies, you could pay here. It is ractose hybrid and one. When you do everytheels damage equal to its power to each opponent. That's like sort of fling. Sure, but you have to make it die somehow, which is fine. You're playing ractose, just fucking just kill it, yeah, and then it flings. It goes right alongside. We talked about Imskar iron Beater. Remember it was kind of like the Ractose fling deck. She could just go into that deck, yes really, or she could be the helm of that deck, And I love when that kind of thing happens, because I could say I'm gonna play everyth today or I'm gonna play Imbscure today and have a build, have your build situated in a way where the deck functions with either command or in the command zone. Sure, I think that that's cool because it lets you spice up your your deck arsenal without putting in like extra work once the deck is built. For people who have not twenty nine decks like Brando or sixteen decks like me, you could have two decks kind of in one, and I think that's a great way to keep the game affordable for yourself and give yourself kind of that unique gameplay experience by swappable legends.
Speaker 1: I dig that. See when I wanted to do that, I had to build Norn and Norn. So now I have Bad Norn and like new Noran. He does the same thing, just worse. That's okay, but hey, now we can do it all in one deck.
Speaker 2: That gives you. That gives you a different experience though, because you could play the deck at different power kind of ranges, right, super casual or like something that's a little bit more controlly. Grinding nice staxy. Hey, yeah, yeah, it's pretty good. We're gonna talk about this guy. Hell yeah, we are fumuless.
Speaker 1: The infestation is a legendary creature vampire insect two for four. Those are all over the place flying death touch, so we already like that. Whenever a player sacrifices a non token creature, we get a one to one black bug creature token with flying I know it's insect. I'm gonna say buggy why In a second next line of text says, whenever a bug, leech, slug, or worm you control, the tax defending player loses a life, we gain a life. This card likes bug and slug, bug and slug. You know what makes bug and slug box rail makes bug and slug baby.
Speaker 2: So this is a ninety nine in talk show.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely it is.
Speaker 2: I love it for being at the head of its own.
Speaker 1: Deck for slug, like for slug, and not just bug, but like worms and all those weird creatures that you're.
Speaker 2: Doing never really had a home in a deck, right, Like, this is the deck for that if that's what you want to do. And I like insect, I like leech, get your alabaster leeches, get your androdite leeches or whatever from invasion. Those cards suck, but now they.
Speaker 1: Have a home and they're white.
Speaker 2: What's the black one? There was one in every color, I don't remember, Obsidian leech, Jade leach, which one is jade? Jade's the green one? Yeah. Anyways, it gives you a place for those cards that never really had a home. And sure you could make an insect deck with you know, your insect commander like masare exactly and sure you get green in that spot. Great, but you're also playing Mazarek. I like this fricking guy. I'm gonna I'm gonna say it, I like this guy in a stacks list because I can just make my opponents sacrifice creatures. I'm gonna play all the edicts. I'm gonna play all the stuff that makes you sack your stuff, and i'm gonna get I'm gonna break parody on the on the flesh bag marauders because I'm gonna get a guy that's left over from it.
Speaker 1: You can get four guys if you play a fleshbag mat four guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's whenever a player, not even an opponent, right.
Speaker 1: So assuming everybody sacks non token creature. You're gonna get four flyers for one shitty removals.
Speaker 2: And what I like even more is a lot of edict effects, like diabolic edict for example, from tempest is an instant, so I can do it on your turn, and then when I untap, my guy has virtual haste. Yeah, and then I can because it flies probably get in with impunity and make you lose life thereby lowering the life total. Or if I'm playing the black card draw that makes me lose life, I'm breaking or creating parody with my virtual haste bugs that bring your life total down to where mine is. I like this card lots for all of those reasons. Let's talk about the art for one moment.
Speaker 1: Sure, looking at this picture, is he giant or are the little bugs just little?
Speaker 2: That's not what I thought you were gonna ask me. Now.
Speaker 1: The perspective there to me is because they're like way in the background there's a cave, But like, is he really really big? And then the other bugs are regular sized or is he a regular sized bug and all those other bugs are.
Speaker 2: Just very small? I'm going to assume that he is a big, but not a giant. I think he's the size of a small dog. I guess which you would make him a giant bug?
Speaker 1: Well, that would be a giant I mean not if you live in Australia. Right, that's like a regular sized blog to everybody.
Speaker 2: In the nation who is in Australia. Yeah, I don't know if they have bugs?
Speaker 1: Are that big?
Speaker 2: Orer if you can ride bug? Oh you know what, I didn't even realize. He's also a vampire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, relevant creature.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I like this card even more now, this is really good and looking at we downloaded the big art crop from scry Fall. The way that it's done and the line work makes it look I'm gonna say just like one percent cartoony. Yeah, very old school traditional fantasy, like from twenty years ago, twenty five, thirty years ago. Magic art of the anime. I really like from Jumpstart.
Speaker 1: That one I keep forgetting is a Jumpstart car it Actually it looks too much like a magic card to me.
Speaker 2: Oh look at the bum token he makes. That's cool. That's from that's from Ammon Kit. Oh well that's also cool.
Speaker 1: It's also good. It's still good, but sixteen bucks give me a break. Okay, everybody shut up for a second. Because it's time. It's time to talk about the fucking man. I don't know if they're a man. I think it might be a little girl. But the point is we're gonna talk about General Crete the bolt Bringer.
Speaker 2: This is what people say you yes.
Speaker 1: All the time. I got mistaken by Woody at work and he thought that he went into the ladies bathroom because I was standing there washing my hands, and he walked it up, sorry, and he left. Come on, man, I'm very broad. I'm very man.
Speaker 2: Only where it counts, that's right.
Speaker 1: The point is General Creek the bolt Bringer baby is a two two four red two goblin yea soldier. Whenever one or more goblins we control the attack, we get a one to one red goblin creature that's tapped and attack, which is amazing. And also whenever another creature we control enters, there's one damage to each opponent.
Speaker 2: Each opponent, each of that impact impact tremors.
Speaker 1: That's a goblin that makes goblins. This is my favorite one.
Speaker 2: Period and it's legendary, so you could build a deck around it theoretically.
Speaker 1: Straight into Norain.
Speaker 2: Do you think that when you open a Jumpstart pack, the pack the indicator card on the front that tells you what deck you got says Goblins.
Speaker 1: It goddamn better it does, so I'll be extra excited because I'm gonna get extra Goblin stuff.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just like the The implications of what that card does are obvious. We don't need to go super deep into what it does. But I like the picture. I liked that it goes in my favorite deck. I like that it's going to go into some other decks if I can find a couple of them. I really really really like that card.
Speaker 2: I wish and this this is a minor gripe, and I might be the only one, but I bet you I'm not. I wish that they did have the Jumpstart legends in normal art in Foundations the set me Too, instead of just the anime versions only in jump Starts, Me Too, Jumpies, if you will. That would make them cost less. Yep. I would like that. Yep. And I like that too because if you're a baller or you like that artist because you read you know, manga or whatever that they that they draw for, then you can get that one. Yeah, and more options is more better, as we say in CCIO Nation.
Speaker 1: Or you can get ball Yeah.
Speaker 2: We do like that. Who else do you like on this line? Anybody?
Speaker 1: Nobody on that line? Okay, sat, next line. There is one that I want to touch on real quick. We talked about it on the pre show.
Speaker 2: Is it Kellen Plainer Trailblazer?
Speaker 1: That card can take a long walk off a short peer. That guy sucks.
Speaker 2: Man, he's kind of a thirst trap.
Speaker 1: Hey, he's kind of a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Is it kai kr zephyr Awakener?
Speaker 1: That guy is just shitty, Kai Car, I am.
Speaker 2: I am disappointed in that. I wish it. It gave me birds, it gives spirit. Is it? It must be Kiura The Rising Time.
Speaker 1: You know that one can bite my ball sack too.
Speaker 2: I like the art on that one.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: I like that art. Oh, it must be Coma World Eater, Coma World Beater Baby.
Speaker 1: Yes, now, this is as I said on the pre show, fixed Coma. Yes, this is They looked at Coma Cosmo Serpent and thought, man, this is this is this We've done fucked up, guys. Let's let's just print another coma that sort of does the same thing but isn't as good, and see if anybody noticed.
Speaker 2: Let's print a coma that's like eighty five percent is good. And we noticed wizards. We know, so you think this card's good.
Speaker 1: Nobody is gonna come off of Coma to play this Coma. This is a great card.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it a read. It's an eight twelve serpent for blue, blue, green, green three. That's seven right, An eight power seven can't be countered trample ward four when it deals combat damage to a player. Fuck off, create four three three blue serpent creature tokens named Coma's coil, so hit with Koma mech force neck.
Speaker 1: I like that it.
Speaker 2: I like that it gives you the same token.
Speaker 1: It gives the same token and the same number of tokens that you would have. Yep, but you gotta like do things, and the tokens don't let you remove your opponent's stuff from play kind of or make her indestructible. So it's just not as good at the same man of value.
Speaker 2: And I does this Cooma go in your Coma deck?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put it in the Koma deck because it's a.
Speaker 2: Coma just for like completionism.
Speaker 1: It doesn't, but I'm gonna find one and I'm gonna play it in my deck.
Speaker 2: I like how you can. I like, how if somebody does manage to eliminate your commander from the game to putting presidents in the moon to make it into a tree or something right, And then you're like, ah, that's funny, coma world leader.
Speaker 1: I'll play Koma two.
Speaker 2: Koma two, you like gonna die? Can't be freaking countered?
Speaker 1: What get when?
Speaker 2: Was?
Speaker 1: I was playing my Wolfguard deck one time and I played a like ulla Mag won and killed somebody shit, and they're like, oh no, Ullamog and the whole team gathered together to kill Ullamag And then I played the next turn. It came back around to me and I played the new one that removes somebody's deck from the game, and it's like a forty to forty with an Nihilator one hundred, and the one guy was a, oh, that's worse.
Speaker 2: That's way where. It's just the next week we got to remember to talk about the the extended art treatments of legends and cards, because they they're all so cool, they're so nice, they're so very nice. It's yeah, it's I hate I hate saying things like wats he pulled out all the stops on this one. But the art's cool, man, Yeah, because they pull out all the stops and there's beautiful art on all the cards in every set. Like we're blessed to be able to play the game that has all of the best fantasy artists in the world doing all of the art for the game, right, Yes, but this set just happens to have a whole bunch that appealed to me. Yeah, just just artistically. I think that that's cool.
Speaker 1: Let's do that. I've been noticing the lots on Twitter. I want to do it here on the show with you. I'm gonna talk about Loot for one second. I hate this. I don't care what the card does. That's not what's important Loot. Is he a cute mascot or a creepy mascot?
Speaker 2: Hmmm? Is he yes, a care bear? Or is he gritty?
Speaker 1: I can't think of a cute sports mascot.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, so I'd use.
Speaker 1: A care bear.
Speaker 2: Sure, he's kind of got those those eyes that are that are.
Speaker 1: Right like he's he No, he looks psychotic.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make a I'm gonna make a Saskatchewan rough Rider's reference that I know that you're gonna get. Okay, is he the old gainer the gopher or is he the new gonna know about what that is?
Speaker 1: Hopefully joke and find a picture and put him on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the old one was so cute, and then and he wrote around in the back of that truck when they scored a touchdown. And the new one is just like just gonna murder you in your sleep, just coked out and insane.
Speaker 1: It's man, have you heard about cocaine?
Speaker 2: Yes? I have the wrestler yes, oh okay, and he and his finishing move as the coke slam. Oh, yes, I have.
Speaker 1: That's okay, I love it. Let's continue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lute, I think he's creepy. Yeah, I think he's a creepy guy too.
Speaker 1: Let us know in the comments if you think Lute cute or creepy.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about these two in a row here near div Devious Diver.
Speaker 1: I knew you were gonna like that one. I like it too, for.
Speaker 2: The reasons you're gonna read on the card near div Devious Diver. I love the name. I love alliteration. This is this is NDD. But that div at the end is like a stressed syllable, so it sounds like it's a triple D dev div yep okay, I like that one. And it's a merpho rogue, both relevant creature types two two for three. When it becomes tapped, target player mills cards equal to its power. Like that one, so you tap it and mill. It's great. And when you cast a spell from your graveyard or activate an ability of a card in your graveyard, draw a card and put a plus one on near dev near div near DEVEV. I don't know, neardive and you know what dare I say? I like the art on this card. Me too. I like this one.
Speaker 1: It's a little cutesy, but I do like it.
Speaker 2: It is a little cutesy, but I like the color scheme. I like the greens and the oranges and the dark blues. Anyways, this card is cool. It goes alongside your what's the guy from Crimson Valve that says instance and sorceries in your graveyard have flashback and spells can't be countered. Yes, that guy goes in this deck or this guy goes in that deck either or and target player mills cards. This makes me want to mill them so I can flash them back.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is a self Mill flashback deck. That's why I liked that, so I thought you were gonna like it too.
Speaker 2: It's like you, it's a.
Speaker 1: Mill deck, but you're milling yourself. And as your deck does the thing, your deck is more equipped and better able to do its thing. And I likes stuff that. It's not a here's how to do it card. It's a hey, you guys want to do this, We're going to enable.
Speaker 2: It for you. Yes. I like that, Hey, you guys want to do this thing, But traditionally you have to do it in green and black or mono black. Let's let's put the mill word on it, but and make it mono frickin' blue. Yeah, but you're doing it to yourself, so I can traumatize myself because it's target player.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And if I play the flashback deck, I think I think that guy's name is Lear sure, the one from Crimson boor Midnight Hunt. If that's in there, and I can get it back, or if that's what my commander is, and I can just give the stuff in my graveyard flashback and I pair it with things like snapcast or mage and and all of the dejau vous effects that let me get instance, and sorceries. Just buy them back from my graver, Just get them back. I think this is like a blue deck that kind of feels like a black deck, and and I don't know, I just I like it. And there's things in blue that say when you cast from graveyard draw card. Yeah, those are also from in Astrade and have cool art you could in some way combo with this and mill your whole library and yeah, like do the Labman Thasis oracle thing, you could do that. Yeah, So lots of different little builds with this and great art, relevant creature types if you want it in a morpholk or like a party deck because it's a rogue.
Speaker 1: And then we have NIV misit twenty five. Yeah, this is so sick of this fucking guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, Flying five five for six Dragon, no max hand size. It's fine, this card has no business being mythic. If that's the end of it. But whenever a source you control deals damage to an opponent, draw that many cards. Sure, what the hell? Earthquake for ten, I'm gonna draw thirty? What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You come on, you like that? I do you like that? But I'll just Earthquake for ten and win Chris Ralph.
Speaker 1: Fuck this guy. Man. We we all banded together and we got them to kill Jase and made him make him look like a fucking asshole in the process. Yes, we need to band together. Niv's next. I'm so sick of seeing this motherfucker in every set. I'm tired of his ass, get rid of him. WATSI I want his head on a stick.
Speaker 2: We've given you lots of ideas for products over the years that you've used.
Speaker 1: The next card I want is NIV miss it on a stick. That's what I want, And I want there to be some asshole comic work in his mouth like a puppet. Well he talks about it's old. Box Bull comes back, Yeah, amer Cool comes back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got this. Oh sorry, I bumped Mike. I got this. Remember we were talking about the Unbanned game the other day. We're unbanned Amol the Eons torn in Commander Van NIV miss and then use all of the tentacle Americols tentacles to work freaking NIV missit like a marionette. Yeah, that would be some badass ship. That would also be good.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you gotta give him a full front of the botomy first, I'm so sick of this.
Speaker 2: God damn it. You know what your your your theory of getting Jason MTG canceled? Yeah, bolds well for nim misit being canceled. But he very much is the face card in anything that he's involved in. Any trip to Ravnica, you know, nim misit's going to be there, any dragon thing, you know, nim misit's going to be there because he's like the cool dragon that all the fantasy and dragon people love. Right, Yeah, let's talk about Uh, you.
Speaker 1: Want to talk I know you want to talk about the starfish. I know you do.
Speaker 2: I just want to acknowledge the starfish riding a turtle. That's all. That's all I want. I wish I wish there was Crabs in there somewhere. I want to play this in my Crabs deck. I think I probably still will. Don't know if I will. I might, I don't know, Yeah, probably will. I want to talk about Ozaks, the clattering king that. Okay, does that just go infinite with a sack out lid? No kind of a does it? Uh? It goes infinite with a sack outlet and a lurin. But we just broke a Lurren. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we broke a lurin down.
Speaker 2: When it dies, you get another skeleton, and when that skeleton dies, you get ozos back into your hand. Yes, so if you can free cast ozox like with a lurin with a lurin and you could just yeah yeah, but it is Mono black. She can't play a lurreen in its deck. How do you do this? How do you make this guy monol black infinite? I'm sure there's a way to do it. I don't care. I'm sure there's a way. What's your next one?
Speaker 1: My next one is down one row and it's right next to I think what.
Speaker 2: Is gonna be your favorite one? Yes, this is my act.
Speaker 1: This is I actually I'm gonna build her if I can get one. I like rev tithe extractor. You build this. She's got like she's like a cool looking lady in the art. It's a three three for four. I've been wanting to build this deck for a long time. I think that this. I think this is the card that's gonna make me do it. And we're gonna talk. I'm gonna mention tiny bones right now because he goes in the deck with her.
Speaker 2: Yep, but read rev first, she.
Speaker 1: Says, whenever we attack target creature, gainst death touch until end of turn. Okay, could give it to one of our opponents creatures if we wanted to, but we won't. Whenever one or more creatures we controlled, you'll combat damage to a player created treasure token. Then look at the top card of that player's library exilet face down. We can play it and man as long as it remains exiled. Sure, so it lets us draw cards off of our opponent's decks.
Speaker 2: This is literally black regavan, right, yes, okay, yeah, just so everybody's aware.
Speaker 1: And what I want to do is I wanted to build the black deck that didn't have blue in it. I didn't want to have blue in it. I wanted a mono black deck that essentially draws cards off of my opponent's deck. And I think this is the best I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: So And Ganti wasn't it for you?
Speaker 1: No, No, Ganty Ganty is Ganty Ganhys. Ganti is the Gaunty Stigma. And I don't think this is going to have the same kind of distaste.
Speaker 2: It's only one card instead of Ganty's what.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I just I think this is better. It's gonna be over time and it gives me man out to play them. I'm I'm excited for REV and I'm I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna build R.
Speaker 1: I even picked up which deck I'm going to disassemble to build.
Speaker 2: Do you have a mono black deck?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 2: Yes, Herobi Oh yes, that's right. And Herobi's not coming apart to build.
Speaker 1: This, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: What are you taking apart?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take apart my girl stax deck.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I want to talk about the next two, and I think they're kind of the last sort of the last two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to well, let's just do Tiny Bones fast because I just wanted to mention him in REV. Tiny Bones Babble Burglar is a one to three for black one skeleton rogue. Whenever an opponent discards a card, exile it from their graveyard with a stash counter on it. During our turn, we can play cards we don't own with stash counters on them from exile and man have any color can be spent to cast them, and you can pay four and tap him.
Speaker 2: Each opponent discards card at sorcery speed. So that is REV. But instead of top of deck. It's from hand, yes, yeah, okay, so they go together.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna draw cards from your deck. I'm gonna draw cards from your hand, and then I'm not gonna draw any cards from my deck. I'm gonna have no cards that say draw card on them.
Speaker 2: Okay, only from you. And that goes in the ninety nine of rev Correct in my review. I've got a ninety nine er here. Then i'll do the last two that I want to talk about for leaders. Okay, I've got zule ass hurt lich Lord. Yeah yeah, see I did a brando there, they did some brando. Okay. So it's got ward pay two life two two for two, so already good. Zombie warlock already good. Yep, it's it's both a a bad guy yep. No, what's what's bad guy?
Speaker 1: Outlaw?
Speaker 2: Outlaw? It's an outlaw and a zombie yep. War pay two life and you can tap it to cast target zombie card from your graveyard. This turn creature card. Yes important.
Speaker 1: There are typo spells, uh whatever they're called?
Speaker 2: Now are they are? There? Are there zombie ones? I think there are? I thought they were. Ah, there will be there probably is.
Speaker 1: By the time this comes out, a new set will be spoiled and there for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so I can cast a zombie from my graveyard. Yes. The only thing that would have made this card better if it is if it said zombies you control get plus one plus one all be still my aching heart. But this is good because it allows you to, I don't know, in your zombie deck, go Gray Merchant of Asphodel, sacrifice tap zill As hurt, Gray Merchant of Asphodel, so you can like double your Gary's Yes, yes, very good, Yes, Gary good, very.
Speaker 1: Good, Yes, Gary good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to bring it. We got to a Gray Merchant of Asphadel for producer Gary, and he can hang it up in the in the studio. Get a big card. I want a big big card. Gary be good, big Gary'd be good?
Speaker 1: Which art would you get? I like the one carrying the big sack.
Speaker 2: That's the one I like? Yeah, yeah, I like that one. I love a big sack every now and then. Yeah, okay, my last two? Which one? Which one do you want me to start with? What?
Speaker 1: I like this one too, Let's do it last?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, everything about this card is just I love it.
Speaker 1: This one also wins Funniest art of the This one.
Speaker 2: Will be the winning cause play in Las Vegas. Yes, shrewfless Sproutsire okay, shroompuss shrufless shad Sire is a is a legendary creature sapriling, the first one ever.
Speaker 1: He is the first legendary sapplinger.
Speaker 2: Was a yeah, a one one for green two so it's very attainable. One one trample, so you know this is gonna be good. Yes, fuck yeah, one one the trample that doesn't even have a plus one ability. No, okay, so this guy's.
Speaker 1: A goof already, doesn't get bigger on his own.
Speaker 2: Whenever a saperlink you control deals combat damage to a player, you know, because I'm gonna have ten of them and you don't have ten blockers, I'm gonna create another saper link. So this, provided you have no blockers, is a token doubler in your command zone. Yes, this is cool. And all of the token doublers that we really care about are in Mono green yep. All of the plus one doubler because you know this guy has trample and maybe you'll do some plus one stuff.
Speaker 1: Maybe are in Green do you mean to tell me, dude, the doubling season might be good with this guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a good thing. They reprinted in foundations to tell you exactly what to do.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: So that would be kadruple tokens for those keeping track at home. All of the all of the second Harvest, parallel evolution, sapreling burst, spontaneous generation.
Speaker 1: Sproutswarm, all of those.
Speaker 2: Cards are in Mono green, and sure, say what you want about Celesnia tokens or or Naya saperlings with like rith the Awakener or Jetmeir. I've done in the past, both of those, both of those. This is mono green, goofy ass shit. And you get like one of each different weird saperling art from over the years, and you lay them all out and say these are my goofy frickin' guys. Get Uncle Brando to draw on. Yeah, right, I like drawing saplings. They're fun because you can draw anything, and then nobody would be like that.
Speaker 1: It's not as long as it's sort of a plant, it's a saprol.
Speaker 2: You're using infinity tokens. As long as it's green, yeahcause you draw green squiggle. This is a blade of grass that I've interpreted as a saperlink.
Speaker 1: Well, then you give him some arms with muscles, and then a knife.
Speaker 2: I like to give my knife it up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's where the one power comes from him. Yes, with green blood on it because chlorophyll, because you've cut himself to show you how tough he is. Yes, truth, man, I like that guy.
Speaker 1: I like his hat.
Speaker 2: I like his freaking legs.
Speaker 1: Like because he's not because mushrooms are not saperlings. That means he's wearing a mushroom cap as a hat. He got six legs and one arm, and a little and a little friend who's only got two legs and two arms.
Speaker 2: And he's using his one arm to hold his little friend's hand. Yeah, what a great guy, What a good dude.
Speaker 1: He's walking that little guy across the street. What a nice little man he is.
Speaker 2: I like, did you notice the other little guy riding his hat?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, I did, And now I have, and I'm excited about that. I'm gonna try and get one of these and run it in tan of the butt sewer, just to typically when I attacked with saparlings in that deck. That's usually the last time I attack, but maybe it won't be. And I'm going to play this card.
Speaker 2: Which I'm saying it. I'm building this guy absolutely all of those, all of those Saparlin cards that I had named from, like uh, Masks, Block Invasion, Block Odyssey, Block Onslaught, Block Time, Spiral BLO, got them all in foil. Baby, you know what some.
Speaker 1: Of those are worth than foil, more than they probably should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the spontaneous generation for masks not that much. But but the rest of them, Okay, last card, last one, last card, And I think we both really like this.
Speaker 1: We're both into this one because it's been a long time coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I love a long time coming that much.
Speaker 1: And they gave us something really good. It's slimsa the Spike Stampede five five for five.
Speaker 2: Like we just can we just can we dwell on the alliteration.
Speaker 1: For ends of the Spike Stampede.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah we can?
Speaker 1: Okay, continue top line I think is my favorite part. Beast spells you cast cost to less to less. Mind you so good each other, Beast you control enters the battlefeld with additional pusle plusm counter on it. I don't care Whenever Slim or another creature with a power for or greater enters the battlefield, you may pay gruel, hybrid and one. When you do it fights a creature we don't control. Bro So it's removal, it's pomp, it's toss reduction, it's everything you want across. One of the most ubiquitous creature types in the history of magic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so cool. You know what's so funny? From from a historical standpoint, beasts have taken a hit in recent years, like the like the currency on beasts has gone down.
Speaker 1: That's because now they're splice them up into other shit. Yes, before anything that had like a big teeth beasts look musty, beastsks, beast if it wasn't an elephant, it was a beast.
Speaker 2: Ye And they didn't have the dinosaur creature type except for Alisaurus rider beast beast yea, and lots of beasts from like Legion Onslaught Day because beast was a creature type that Onslaught Block cared about was beast, But lots of those got ratted now into dinosaur, which is great for the dinosaurs, and their stock has gone up, and there's dinosaur decks all over the place. They can drive cars even in my imagination, but beasts have kind of gotten the big spiky stampede shaft over the last little while until now. Yes, And I go back to my question French for question yes about hybrid manna symbols in the textbox of cards, and this one has it. And I think it's a great service for the beast because so many of them are in red.
Speaker 1: Yes, Red and green are where they live, but I think green is primarily where you find them. That's probably why it's going to be in the Beast back in Jumpstart, Yes, and then it's got red in there so that once you acquire this, you can put it in the Beast deck that you've always wanted to build. And while this is very and it just tells you what to do with it, I think it's something that a lot of people have wanted to do for a long time. I think I'm pumped that you can finally kind of do it and have a dedicated thing to help you do it.
Speaker 2: Yes. To all of that, I will add that this card beats, it slaps, it's it's the kind of card that gets the new Timmy player exciting. It's a five to five for five already good in jump Start. It makes my other beasts, you know, like in my Jumpstart deck yep cost less or my Commander deck, which I'll get to in a second. It makes my other beasts hit harder, and it's got removal every step along the way. It's it does something that I already want to be doing, and with this round of jump Start, more than I think any other round of jump Start, this round of jump Start distinctly has I think the goal in mind for you to take your Jumpstart deck after you've played and you say you like magic says to you you like Slimsa, go on, edh Reck, go on to scraphall or Gatherer, go to Fusion Gaming Online dot com u cco holiday promo code and build the Beast Commander deck. That's what this jump Start is for. Yes, it's to get you in the door and play simple corset fun magic, but also take the legend that we gave you and build a deck around at mister newplayer, because they're all good and they all have decks that could be built around them.
Speaker 1: This is one of those times where people say, either excitedly or not excitedly, oh, all magic is commander. Now, well now they've put it into Jumpstart where it probably belonged the whole time. Oh so this is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Like okay, so when you play any jumpies throughout the history of Jumpstart, you could say, hey, that was fun. I want to build a deck around this. Now they're giving you a tool to specifically do that. They're giving you the Beast Commander, They're giving you this Sapriline commander. They're giving you the murpholk or the mill commander, or the Trea your commander, or the Cowards and Bullies, Cowards and Warriors commander. They're giving you the tool to do it.
Speaker 1: There's a zombie one, a goblin one, There's a there's all sorts of them. There's I love that stupid one. There's a bird one. There's a snake one. Well that's the snake one is a nin jump Start it neither is the stupid one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're still in foundations.
Speaker 1: They're still there.
Speaker 2: Which if you're if you, if you and your parent, or if you're a parent, you buy this stuff for your kid and you want to like increase their awareness about magic. Maybe you buy a booster box of Jumpstart and a booster box of Foundations, and you spend two hundred bucks or you save five percent using Coco Holiday promo code because it's Christmas coming up. That's right. And you say, here's the Jumpstart packs. Let's learn and familiarize ourselves with magic, and then let's open up this Foundation's booster box and make Commander decks out of Jumpstart plus booster box. And now I've got two or three or maybe even four Commander decks, sick, and I've spent two hundred dollars, which is probably less than a set of four pre cons of the next set are gonna cost, probably right? Are the decks going to be as good? No? But when you're learning, and especially if you're playing with kids, do you care? Yeah? No, they certainly don't. And it goes back to this is the building blocks, and what I think we'll talk about next week the new floor of Commander. Just like you said that Foundations will be the floor of standards power level. I think after reviewing the legends again and looking at the set closer, it'll be the new floor of Commander. And you can take the optimists or the pessimist's kind of viewpoint from that, like the God of seven El Dras seven Sire guy, it's like, oh my god, if that's the floor, holy fuck, we're in for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But when you look at like NEARDIV Devious Diver, it's like, oh, man, if that's the floor, we could do we could do self mill opponent Mill, I could do lab Maniac. I could do all kinds of stuff with that right, loot or beast or cooma. Like, there's so many different build paths. I actually, the more I look at it, the more I like this.
Speaker 1: This is one of those sets. The more you kind of just sit with it for a while, it it gets better and better each time.
Speaker 2: And I like that about it. It's almost like a team of WATSI gaming experts who have dozens and dozens and probably combined whole team over hundreds of years of experiencing game design. You know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: And I sit this, sat down and just did the did the right thing.
Speaker 2: This is my final thought of the day, Uncle Brando.
Speaker 1: It was a very good thought. Final thought of the day. And you know when we're gonna do another final thought of the day.
Speaker 2: On the next episode
Speaker 1: Of Commander Cookout podcast, spit our theme