Speaker 1: It is the Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one. The Eagle Luka Doncic has just taken over the entire metroplex. Is news is just devastating to so many people. And I feel like we are now a couple days down the road, and I feel like it's just gotten worse as people have tried to process it. It's gotten harder, just because everyone's immediate reaction is like what, no, why what? And then no one has heard a reason yet as to the why, and now everyone else is seeing the rest of the world also.
Speaker 2: Go wait, what why? What?
Speaker 1: Right? And now we're seeing Luca and him at a Lakers press conference and they're like, we can't believe we just got a global icon who's twenty five years old. We can't even believe this happened. And we're all watching that going no, yeah, And we'll play that audio for you. There we are, We'll play that audio for you coming up here in thirty minutes. We do have the best clips or I don't know, however you want to look at it, the worst clips of the Rob Polinka, who's the GM of the Lakers, and Luka Doncic press conference. We'll bring you that here in thirty minutes, and then don't forget you have a MAVs pregame starting at five thirty, So our show has cut thirty minute short. Tyler in the game, will come in do pregame, and then the Mavericks play the Sixers at six o'clock right here on ninety some point won the eagle. The Mavericks actually made another trade with the Sixers today. They traded Quinton Grimes and Philadelphia's own second round pick back to him in exchange for Caleb Martin, who is a rugged defender. He's not as good of an offensive player as Quinton Grimes, but he did start on a Miami team that got to the finals a couple of years ago. And he's still only twenty six years old, under contract for a good twenty nine or twenty six. Oh, you're right, I'm sorry. He's twenty nine nine, he's in his sixth season. He's twenty. Okay, but you told us that something like this might happen, because it sounded like the MAVs had tried to get Quinton Grimes to sign long term. Yeah, he didn't want to. He wanted to go test the waters because he to go make more money. Yeah, they were offering, and so they were either going to get nothing for him. Well he so he's a restricted free agent. Oh so they could have so they could match it. But this was you know, and and I don't. I think Caleb Martin is a good player.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I think Quentin Grime is a better offensive player. But neither one of them are shot creators, right, so it doesn't address that need. I think they got bigger and more experienced. They're they're listed like you'll see when you see Caleb Martin. I know they're both listed at six five. Caleb Martin's bigger and more physical than Quentin Grimes. But dude, you know, I'm way on board with Quinton Grimes. I love that player. I've been excited by him. Yeah, I fell in love with him, and I think he was leading the league in three point contested shot percentage. But whatever.
Speaker 2: They got older, yeah, and but but more experienced. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And again he started on a team that went to the final. That's good experience to d Yeah. They're going for it right now. Yeah, and he he will. That's a decision to make. Do you start him or do you start Do you want to go all in on defense. I mean, I used to think you had to start Clay because you don't want to hurt his feelings. That's out the door. Feelings are out the door. Everyone's feelings are out the door. If you're gonna trade Luca, you're not worried about hurting Clay's feeling right right right? I would agree with all that, But I do know unless planning well, I'm sure plans have changed. They were going to integrate Clay more and more as they got on the other side of the trade deadline, but that may still happen. But anyways, as you can tell, as we sort through all this, you know, we just took a bunch of calls to give away Shine Down tickets.
Speaker 2: We have this audio we're gonna play. We want.
Speaker 1: This segment right here is brought to you by Roller Town Beer Works. Now that's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up there in Solina, and we're gonna do something special in person with you guys. We want you to join us on Thursday when the show is over. The Mavericks are playing the Celtics on Thursday night, and originally Ben and I were gonna do a watch party at the Brewery. Well, moods have changed. Some people don't even want to watch the Mavericks anymore. That's what I think that'll change over time. But that's fine. We understand that, we validate that we want to have a public forum, group therapy session. So we're gonna go up to Rollertown. We're actually gonna have a takaria there set up. Thursday night, we're gonna have the Maverick Celtics game on on TNT and we're gonna have it on a ninety eight inch four K television that we're then gonna turn around and give away at the end of the Super Bowl on Sunday, So it's a double dip Thursday. Come hang out with us. Every quarter that you hang out with us, there's four possible quarters is an entry into winning that television. And then if you come join us on Super Bowl Sunday then and I will be there, that's a chance for four more entries. At the end of the Super Bowl, we're gonna draw on one person's gonna win that brand new ninety eight inch four K television that we're watching the games on. Right We're gonna take that TV out of the box for two games we're gonna watch the MAVs game and then watch the super Bowl, and then we're gonna give it away at the end of the super Bowl. But if you come to our little group therapy session Thursday night, you can get four entries, And if you come to the super Bowl, you can get four entries. So let's say if somebody just shows up at the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl, they get one entry, right, and so you'll have a way better chance than them if you come to both nights. It's a really amazing television. We're at the brewery when they delivered it and it took two people and it's huge, and it's like, Okay, what where do we put this thing? Did Kavanaugh deliver it? Did you put in this in this bag? So we uh, we will personally deliver this to your house too. So you got to live in Dallas for where to be to win, Yeah, you can't be in Oklahoma City. We'll like, uh, Monday, pop it in the Rollertown van and drive it over to your house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will get this TV to you, So good luck everybody.
Speaker 1: We but if you join us on Thursday, it's gonna be like we're gonna have microphones. We're gonna have the game on Uh. Of course, we're gonna have delicious beer. We have a brand new Rollertown ip a that's so good. Uh.
Speaker 2: But we want to you.
Speaker 1: Know, when we did that super Soaker on Tuesday or on Monday on our Ben and Skin YouTube channel, we talked about this for an hour and forty five minutes, and like every ten or fifteen minutes, something new will pop into my head about this, Like it's so insane and overwhelming, it's hard to process it all. And we had a ton of comment sections, people in the comment section leaving comments, and you know, you were like, man, let's give people a chance to come speak in person. So we just kind of almost like a public forum, like when everyone goes to the school board meeting and starts yelling at the school board, because it'll be like the Lucas school board meeting with us getting yelled at, watching the game, drinking beer, eating delicious tacos, And we want to do it with you and give you a chance to win something fricking incredible. I want to ask you about because I know my phone's blowing up and I haven't been broadcasting maps games for fifteen seventeen years or whatever it is. So your phone's got to be insane. But can you just shoot down the conspiracies because every five minutes somebody's sending me, Oh, the Adelson's just want to move this team to Vegas. Uh?
Speaker 2: And what's the other one?
Speaker 1: To keep in mind that the Addlsons could have just started their own team in Vegas for less money than it cost them to buy the Mavericks, right like they And here's the other thing too.
Speaker 2: Uh, someone's asked me about this.
Speaker 1: It's like, so the Addleson's own Las Vegas already, Like that's bringing sand to the beach. They're expanding their gigantic empire. They're coming to North Texas, the most fertile place in America to move to right now to grow a business. They're expanding to North Texas. They're not coming and taking things from North Texas and taking it to where they can increase the value of what they own. That's like not even smart. But like if you see that, go talk to a really smart business person.
Speaker 2: Let the go.
Speaker 1: No, this is why they went to China. They're not taking the Great Wall of China and moving it to Las Vegas. They're going going, oh that they went from rich to stupid rich by moving their operation to China. Like this is an explaining, right, okay, spanding the other one is, and I saw Dwayne Wade pushing this that the league just wants one of the best players to be in LA, so Boston and LA can both be great teams. All right, If you come out on Thursday, I'll explain to you why that's actually probably valid. But I can't do it in front of a microphone because the Illuminati.
Speaker 2: Is listening right right.
Speaker 1: All right, man, So anyways, convent with us on Thursday, do it in person and have a chance to win a ninety eight inch four K television with your friends at Rollertown. All right, Ben, coming up next, Let's play you that audio we've all been dreading. Rob Polinka and Luka Doncic spoke and we'll do it next right here on ninety seven point one League