Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, welcome back to Mountain Murders Midweek Memorial Day edition.
Speaker 2: Or issue as the way you were.
Speaker 1: I'm Heather, I'm Dylan.
Speaker 2: Hey Dylan, you sure do have a lot of issues. Yeah, the Memorial Day weekends.
Speaker 3: That's right, they have not changed from the last Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 2: Your issues, no, Well, in case you are unaware of Memorial Day, maybe you don't live in the United States. It is a day for morning the US military personnel who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces, and it's usually observed on the last Monday of May, and it's considered to be the unofficial beginning of summer. All right, really kicking off the summer season.
Speaker 3: Well, we most we surely thank them for their service because they gave the ultimate sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Dylan. A lot of folks take this opportunity to spend time with family and friends, cook out, you know, maybe try to make a feel good day out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I could see it being the unofficial kickoff of summer.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We're heading in you know, you're heading into the month of June and it's gonna start getting hot. It's time to go swimming.
Speaker 2: It's already been hot, hit.
Speaker 1: The lake, all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm about to bust a cold pool wide open all rights, which should be this weekend. All right, Dylan, we have a lot of crime news to get through. It's crazy out there. I wanted to lead with this story because Wow. All I'm gonna say is wow. A thirty one year old man was allegedly seen on camera breaking into the Medical Examiner's office in Phoenix, Arizona and having sexual contact with several bodies.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: According to KSA Z, officers from the A Maricopa County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a potential bird at the medical Examiner's office. Security footage allegedly showed thirty one year old Venerous Lou opening eleven different body bags and having sexual contact with four deceased bodies.
Speaker 1: My god.
Speaker 2: Authorities found Lou during a search of the building and he was taken into custody.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just can't even imagine what drives someone to do something like that.
Speaker 2: Court records for the case have been sealed, but according to jail records obtained by Ktar, Leu was booked into the Maricopa County jail on four counts of necrophilia, one count of burglary in, one count of possessing burglary tools, one count of criminal damage, and one count of attempting to escape from custody.
Speaker 3: And one count of unsealing his penis.
Speaker 2: They are not really releasing in additional details at this time, and the sheriff's spokesperson said it was mostly out of respect for those potentially impacted and to protect the integrity of the investigation. I mean, if that was your loved one and they're you know.
Speaker 1: Have been desecrated, the has.
Speaker 2: Been desecrated, yes, I wouldn't want that splashed across headline news.
Speaker 3: Well no, and you know there's many times when it's uh, you know information in some some of these cases, I don't feel the public needs to know, you know, people look, well, we have a right to know, but I mean you have to be a decent person about it, and like you knowing the needy gritty details of what, who, whose remains it was or something like that, I think it's really none of your business.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the way I look at it. You still can be yeah, absolutely, I'm sensible about it.
Speaker 2: There are certain details don't we don't need to know.
Speaker 3: It doesn't help if the public knows that it can only hurt the people impacted or involved.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well. His bond was set up five hundred thousand dollars and he is scheduled to appear in court on May twenty ninth. The investigation is ongoing, as they say.
Speaker 3: And I imagine they will have a defense somewhere in the realm of he's insane, and that will go over with a jury, because this is something that you just can't imagine. You can't imagine someone doing this right. It's way outside of normal society and behaviors.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what is going on in the world, but it just seems like violence escalates on the daily. And we have a story that really captures this, Dylan. In Philadelphia, a fight over a parking spot ended with a twenty three year old woman being injured by a machete in a machete attack, Oh my gosh. On May twentieth, the woman called the police at about one am and said she'd been attacked during a fight with another driver over a parking spot. When officers arrived, the woman had a cut on her hip and said the other driver pulled out a machete and attacked her during their altercation. Before police arrived, The alleged attacker left the scene in a blue Nissan CenTra. The victim was treated at a local hospital and is in stable condition. They have not released the name of the victim. Police are still searching for the suspect. When did everyone get such a short fuse or that violence is their answer, Like, you can't even have a confrontation over a parking space, And also is it really that important to get into a confrontation over a parking space.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just think that's a little ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, that's very ridiculous. I'm all for premium parking, you know it. Really There's been times we come out of a busy store or something I don't want to leave because the parking spot is just that good and you forced me to leave in us to continue on our day, But I want to stay there in that premium spot and just you know, look at the everyone else's face when they see how good my spot is. But I'm not going to fight someone over a parking spot.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: And it reminds me of that recently, there was an elderly woman to go through.
Speaker 2: So you're going to talk.
Speaker 1: About this, yeah, well, Dylan, please.
Speaker 2: Because I think it showcases this epidemic of violence that's taking place in the United States. People have such a short fuse, they have no impulse control, and their immediate response to anything that should just be you know, like maybe a conversation or it could be straightened out at like the very lowest level, meaning hey, we just kind of compromise and figure this out on our own, escalates into these violent attacks. Machetes are pulled, guns are pulled.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what are we doing you guys? Well, as you mentioned, Dylan, an elderly woman has died after a physical confrontation with a Tim Horton's employee inside a Fort Wayne, Indiana restaurant. Anita Grayson, seventy five, had gone inside the restaurant on May thirteenth to sort out a problem with her drive through order. Once she is at the counter, the video shows her yelling at a seventeen year old employee. A twenty year old shift leader steps in and asks the woman to leave, putting her hands out to kind of keep Grayson away from the younger coworker, and that's when Grayson shoved the shift lead and hit her in the face. In security footage reviewed by the police, the argument quickly turned in a physical fight on the lobby floor. Grayson scratched the employee and tore out a chunk of her hair.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: After the confrontation Grayson in the video, you can see her sitting down at a table. She places the hair on the floor, like onto her bag. This big chunk of hair she's pulled out, sheep. It got to be painful. The shift lead then checked on her and brought her a couple of like a cup of water. The woman was unresponsive by the time officers arrived. She just kind of fell out and she died. After this confrontation. Well, now her family is coming out like wanting to sue, making it into like it's a civil rights issue. They want to sue Tim Horton's. And the thing is, this woman escalated the like she's the reason this happened. Let's be honest. The seventy five year old woman, I mean, one, you're seventy five years old. Do you really need to go and make a big scene and then you get into a confrontation, you're gonna immediately put hands on somebody.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, and if you do, being.
Speaker 2: Old doesn't excuse you from getting your ass whooped. If you put your hands on somebody, I'm sorry, no self defense.
Speaker 3: And you should be in her family's like all she has, you know, hard issues bly this and that what you should know. You should be aware obviously of your own health concerns and that maybe this is you should be avoiding situations like this instead.
Speaker 1: Of seeking them out all over an order.
Speaker 3: Now, I will say, honestly, I also believe the shift lead person just twenty years old, right, And a lot of times you'll get a position like that just because.
Speaker 1: You show up every day and they can count on you.
Speaker 3: And that is now you're in a managerial position of sorts, and it's on you to do everything you can to de escalate a situation. Maybe tell the employee, hey, step away from them, you go in the back, kind of get some you know, separation between them and the customer. And you obviously have a very angry customer who's a you know, not having that or whatever. But I think they handled it poorly as well, right, I mean, you probably shouldn't attack even if and I understand that the woman mushed your face with her hand, and that would piss me off too, And it's hard to say how you would react in a situation like that.
Speaker 2: Here's my thing, Dylan. These employees, especially when you get into like fast food, they don't make enough money to put up with that kind of horseshit. And you best believe I don't care if I'm twenty, if i'm forty, if I'm seventy five years old, and you come at me and you put your hands on me, I'm not paid enough to show professionalism. You put your hands on me, professionalism going out in the window. I'm sorry. I'm not going to let anybody put their hands on me, And especially in a situation like this where I'm at work. I'm trying to do my job and then you come in here and you attack me physically.
Speaker 1: Fuck that.
Speaker 3: No, no, well no, that's that's crazy. And certainly the elderly woman escalated it. I think she certainly created the situation all over a messed up coffee order, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, well, she's the one that came in cussing, screaming, hollering. She's the one that put her.
Speaker 1: Hands on people first, It's true.
Speaker 2: And then she gets her ass whooped or whatever. Well, you shouldn't have come in you're grown, you're old enough to know better, and you come in here or showed your ass. And I guess she just expected these young people just like whimper in the corner while she raged.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and that's not what happened.
Speaker 2: But that's not what happened. And I think it's bullshit that the family's trying to sue and making it out like it's like this poor woman was a victim when she's the one that fucking made this situation happen. Like if she hadn't been there, this wouldn't have happened, right, if she hadn't gone in there.
Speaker 1: Well, no, and this is the problem now being.
Speaker 3: The shift lead. Now look at the situation you're in. Now, you could be in court for at the very least a manslaughter charge.
Speaker 2: Okay, so basically you're telling people they shouldn't go working fast food.
Speaker 1: Then no, I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: This is always in the back of my mind when the thread of an altercation comes up, is that this is the kind of dumb shit that can happen. Someone can get hurt. You can hit someone one time and they die. They had the brain aneurism, you didn't know about whatever. We've all heard the stories. And then you can end up in jail for six to eight nine years over manslaughter charge because I guess so.
Speaker 2: But then all you're doing setting a precedence that people can act a damn fool and treat you however the fuck they want, and you're supposed to just stand there and take it, which is exactly what this elderly woman thought when she went in there, is that she was going to go in there and she was going to show her ass and cuss and scream and holler and maybe throw a punch or two and maybe trash the restaurant, because we've seen numerous videos where people go in these fast food places and do this kind of thing over in order. They're mad because their coke had too much ice in it, or they didn't get a ketchup or whatever, and so it just sets a precedence that you're allowed to be aggressive and threaten people and get in their face and make them feel uncomfortable, but they are supposed to stand back and let you because Oh no, I could get sued.
Speaker 3: No, that's not what I'm saying, and that would you're not being sued, You're you could be put in prison. But that's not I'm not saying. That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Well, the cops have not they're not going to restless employees.
Speaker 3: So well, I'm saying, well, good because well, the best thing about is it's all on video. You can see who the aggressor is, and then the consequences that happened to her afterward were the consequences of her actions. It's sad, it's unfortunate, but that's maybe why you don't go in a place raising hell over a coffee, you know whatever, whenever I get like shitty food at a place.
Speaker 2: Well, the shift lead on the video, it shows she's repeatedly asking this woman to leave, like she's making repeated efforts to get Grayson to leave the restaurant before this even happens, right, So again, I think she's acting in a manner that she should, like, you need to get out of here, you need to go, and then she's attacked.
Speaker 3: Well yes, but then I think that she I personally think she went a little overboard with the you know, being on top of a woman and continuing, I mean, that's just me. I wouldn't do that to an elderly woman. If they were being a dick. I might get them out of my face. I might have an initial reaction to them touching me, but I don't think I'm gonna follow them across the lobby and like, you know, attack them to that brutally. But again, she was put in that situation by someone else.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Grayson grabbed the twenty year old's face, knocked her glasses off, grabbed her by the hair, and drug her to the ground. Grayson then rolled on top of the shift lead, and that is when the shift lead attempts to swap Grayson's arm because she's being held by her hair, which Grayson then pulls out quote pulled a chunk of hair from the shift lead's head.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, so I'm getting the video wrong. The reason she follows her across the rooms because she has a handful of her hair she drug her across. Okay, all right, I forgot about the hair.
Speaker 2: And then the shift lead is professional enough to go get this lady a glass of water after this.
Speaker 3: Goes right, which shows that she you know she may have reacted protected herself.
Speaker 1: Basically is what looks like.
Speaker 2: See, I love these healthy debates we have on Mountain Mers.
Speaker 3: Well, no, well, you have to be able to talk about things right, And that's what's wrong with That's completely what's wrong with America right now.
Speaker 2: Well, see, you've made me mad. Now I'm gonna fight you some bit.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pull your hair out.
Speaker 3: You shown that I'm pulling your pubes out, I'll show you no.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, what are you gonna s? I mean a wat of hair.
Speaker 2: You're gonna drag me around by my leg hair?
Speaker 3: I told you, having a wad of hair pulled out of your head must be a terrible painful feeling. I've never had that happen to me.
Speaker 2: I mean pulled out this lady.
Speaker 1: This it's a significant water hair.
Speaker 2: I'm a picture where she's got like a big old bald spot like this woman pulled it out by the fucking roof. That shit hurts like hell, you know it does?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, So this is all.
Speaker 2: Happening, and I if I'm an employee, im supposed to just keep my cool. Well, no, I mean this lady was very, very very aggressive in this situation. She was, and I'm sorry that she passed away, but you brought it on yourself. You did this, You were the catalyst for all these events, like a domino effect. You did these things and the dominoes fell in this way. It's true, and it's sad she passed away, but she also, I mean, she did it herself and at some point her family and everybody else in the world. You got to start accepting some responsibility for your actions.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing. That's not the first time she's acted like this, and we know it. She's used to doing this, showing her ass, getting her way, feeling like she was the you know, came out on top in a situation. It's just something she's all done, and unfortunately for her, she did it one time too many.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean, and I'm sorry again, just because you're old doesn't mean that does not excuse you. No, I'm not going to allow you to physically harm me just because you're old.
Speaker 3: Well no, I don't. Yeah, I agree with that. I'm gonna get an old person off me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna lest some seventy five year old woman physically attack me. And while I just stand there with my thumb up by butt. No, you're gonna get off me. You have no right to put your hands on me to begin with.
Speaker 1: No, and now what's wrong with it? You know, if I go somewhere.
Speaker 2: For a fucking donut coffee order.
Speaker 3: If I go somewhere and I get bad food, bad service, it ain't right whatever, I just don't go back there.
Speaker 1: I don't understand this people.
Speaker 2: I ever raised hell, And I mean there have been plenty of times I've gone through drop throughs and I don't get what I ordered or it's wrong or whatever, and I'm just like, you know what it was like eight dollars, I'm gonna go huh. I don't. I don't care enough to like make a scene or cuss anybody out. I rarely even go back and say like, hey, this is wrong, unless it just absolutely is. You know, they give me a fish sandwich when I order a burger. I'm not gonna eat that fish sandwich, So I might take that back, but otherwise I'm not gonna like scream and holler and threaten people.
Speaker 3: No, we went to a not too long ago are supposedly very good barbecue.
Speaker 1: Blaze, and our food was fucking disgusting.
Speaker 3: It was terrible. Heather's food was horrible. It's supposed to be brisket. It was a wat of fat and gristle. It was disgusting. My food was supposed to be a quarter of chicken, you know, smoke chicken, barbecue whatever.
Speaker 2: So dry, it's like it had walked forty days through the desert with like Moses or something.
Speaker 3: It looked like the Christmas vacation turkey. I mean, it really did so over. It was almost it was inedible. And so we picked at a couple of sides and we looked at each other like what the hell got a sixty dollars bill for lunch? And we left and still gave the you know waitress seven bucks. You know, hey, she wasn't gonna get a fat tip, but she got something.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, because she never came back to cause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, we never saw.
Speaker 3: But still and guess what, we didn't say anything. We didn't bless anybody out, we didn't clear the table, knock anything over. We'll just never go back to that place. And that's the way I've always done. Yeah, because it's not the server didn't cook your food, you know this.
Speaker 2: Or that, And I mean she didn't come back and refill.
Speaker 1: Oh she was a shit server. But I mean that was to be expected with horrible food.
Speaker 2: You could give me this drss water chicken, and then you don't even come back and like give me another drink when I'm over here, like oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trying to rehydrate the chicken. Yeah, well anyway, but that's just how I've always been.
Speaker 1: That was one of the.
Speaker 2: Most disappointing, you know, and nothing bothers. It's like this pet peeve I have that if I go to a restaurant, you know, there's just this expectation that you're gonna get tasty food, right, and when you go to a place and you're spending this like large amount of money. Because I'm sorry, but like sixty dollars for lunch is a lot of money.
Speaker 1: And that's a lot.
Speaker 2: You did have like a beer or so.
Speaker 1: Well, no, but that's a lot.
Speaker 2: But it was still a lot. I mean, I mean when my lunch played is like twenty plus dollars, Yeah, you can't refill my drink and then the food shit, Yeah, that really frustrates me.
Speaker 1: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: Just like we went to a very expensive restaurant, you know, forked out a couple hundred bucks and the food was fucking terrible.
Speaker 1: It was horrible, and it's.
Speaker 2: You know, everybody brags about this place being so wonderful and the food was hard. Like I would have been better off just cooking my own food at home because it tasted like shit. The vegetables were raw. I mean, it was fucking horrible, right, I.
Speaker 1: Would rather got a seven dollars plate from Ingles Deli.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But even in that situation, bro, I mean, we did not make a big deal. We were just like, wow, Okay, that was a lot of money wasted and we'll never come back here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm not gonna fight somebody or start screaming in a public place over something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I saw another video that circulated around the same time that this elderly woman attacked the Tim Horton's employee of two ladies who were having dinner. I suppose dinner lunch shot. I'm not sure at uh, you know, I guess kind of like a high end steakhouse, nicer steakhouse. Okay, they end up fighting with the waiter because they keep on and on about how their food it's not prepared correctly. And finally I guess the waiter gets tired of it and is like, the chef knows how to prepare a steak.
Speaker 1: They've sent food back multiple times.
Speaker 2: Right, and so the waiter's like, you know, we're not doing this anymore. And then it escalates into these ladies like physically attacking weight staff and hooting and hollering and carrying on in the middle of a damn restaurant. Yeah right, But then those ladies have also lawyered up and are trying to make it out like it was it wasn't their fault. They were victims, like you know, they deserve something. They were treated, they were mistreated, and it's like, no, well you don't get to go in a place and show your ass.
Speaker 3: Well, I think what needs one thing that needs to happen, because we see how many you could sit there for hours and watch these videos of these employees, oftentimes in fast food places or these quick service places, being attacked verbally, physically, whatever. It's not okay for someone to be in your face on the public street. If someone did these same things that these people are doing in these fast food play says, they would be charges assault, you know, intimidation, communicating threats. All kinds of charges will be levied against someone acting like this out in the street, but then they come in a restaurant and show their ass completely and nothing happens to them. So there needs to be some direct, very specific legislation, a law that if you go in a restaurant acting like this, you're going to go to jail and face the consequences. It's going to be like a serious misdemeanor or something. And you just said we should really start protecting these employees because of an epidemic.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw a video not too long ago mentioning that, you know, you see these viral videos all the time, and people were cheering in the comments because the manager picked up a trash can and like knock the shit out of the person who was attacking the employees. And yeah, and on took this big ass trash can and just like bopped them with it and they kind of toppled over, and people were like, yeah, finally a manager taking care of his staff.
Speaker 3: And there was what a what a Burger scene not long ago where they're throwing the chairs and the high chairs and those wooden high chairs that weigh fucking.
Speaker 2: That Chipotle ch Potla restaurant in the Navy Yard in DC. There's a video of some confrontation where people are throwing chairs and food and drinks.
Speaker 1: And yeah, just chaos. This is dangerous.
Speaker 3: I mean that one video you had a family huddling in the corner with little kids trying to not get clobbered by fucking flying furniture.
Speaker 2: When did this become acceptable? We do not have to live like this, And you're right, there should be some legislation, some laws passed because people who work in these customer service jobs. I mean, first of all, they're not making a fortune.
Speaker 1: No, you know, it's just a job.
Speaker 2: It's just a job. They're there just trying to do their job. And then you come in and you carry on and you act a down full and they don't get paid enough to put up with your shit.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, sorry, No.
Speaker 2: You don't have a right to go in acting like that. You don't know who the fuck are you supposed to be like? What makes you think you're so entitled that you can go in a place and put your hands on somebody over something really insignificant and minor.
Speaker 3: Your daughter was briefly a cashier at Ingles grocery store, Ingles grocery store, and the thing she would say that these people would say to her while she's just trying to wring her fucking food up.
Speaker 1: It was insane.
Speaker 2: Well, I know I'm biased, but she's absolutely beautiful little you know, little girl. She's so pretty. She's pretty, and she has this beautiful smile and she's so sweet. And she would say, you know, I mean, I'm just thinking like, how could you talk to this cute little girl like this? You know? She would be like, hey, how's your day going? And people would be like, quit fucking asking me questions, you know, and she'd be like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, emotional abuse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I'm supposed to ask you. Or they'd be like you don't have to talk, like something about why you always ask why do you always ask me a bunch of questions? And she's like, well, you know, it is sort of part of the job day going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I don't say anything, you're gonna be pissed about that too. Yeah, yeah, all right, So we got to protect these people.
Speaker 2: A woman allegedly shot two attorneys outside of a North Carolina courthouse following a hearing. Damn I saw the video wild Gwendolaine White was arrested in charged with attempted first degree murder on Friday, May twenty second. A rest record show the fifty seven year old was detained after she allegedly shot two attorneys who were representing the Rollsville Police Department in a civil case she was involved in. And this was outside the Wake County Courthouse in Raleigh, North Carolina. This is wild. So the police chief says that Whyat had been with the attorneys inside the courtroom that morning and became belligerent in court. After she left the courthouse, this woman White went to her car, retrieved a gun, and shot the attorneys, Mary Harris and Jeffrey Whitley, who were from the Fox Rothschild's law firm as they exited the courthouse building. Damn Harris was taken into surgery while Whitley was in stable condition. Wyatt, who was taken into custody immediately after the shooting, was then transported to the hospital as well. So the hearing White attended with the attorneys was tied to a civil case she filed against the Rollsville Police Department in twenty twenty two, in which she sought body camera footage from an incident that took place in her home the year prior. The incident occurred in March of twenty twenty one, when Rollsville police officers responded to a verbal altercation between White and her two neighbors. The officers determined that no crime had occurred, and the neighbors later sought a civil no contact order against White. So White requested the bodycam footage and later filed a motion of contempt against the police department. After her request was delayed. A judge ultimately dismissed the case in January, and White's recent hearing was to determine whether it should be reinstated.
Speaker 3: Well, she showed them. Now she's got two attempted murder charges.
Speaker 1: I'm sure again.
Speaker 2: People taking it too far, right, Like.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? A civil case?
Speaker 3: A civil case, a civil case that's been brought against you. Basically, it sounds like neighbors just want you to not have any contact with them, not saying the neighbors are all in the right. We don't know all the details, but you know what, it's okay whatever, dude, I don't want to have a contact with you.
Speaker 2: I don't even like you, all right, Dylan in Orlando, Florida. We've got to talk about this Wowsville. A former Christian minister whose aim was to cure LGBTQ plus people through conversion therapy, has been charged after he allegedly since second actual messages to a person he thought was a teenage boy, a fourteen.
Speaker 1: Year old boy, Hi the irony right.
Speaker 2: Fifty four year old Alan Chambers allegedly started chatting with an undercover agent in February. According to an arrest report obtained by w E sh the undercover agent posed as a fourteen year old boy, and Chambers allegedly sent him nude photos and other messages with sexual content.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a very very unique type of conversion therapy he's trying.
Speaker 2: To use their Chambers allegedly messaged the undercover first on Snapchat before moving their conversation off the platform and onto the messaging app Telegram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 2: Telegram's known for it as well as text messages.
Speaker 1: It's encrypting and all that.
Speaker 2: And our government doesn't know how to use it properly. Well, because they like to send out you know, yeah, it's top secret information.
Speaker 1: Well why not be a telegram?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chambers and the agent allegedly discussed meeting in person multiple times. Chambers told the agent to take an uber to meet him at his office in winter Park, Florida.
Speaker 1: So disgusting.
Speaker 2: Chambers with the leader of Exodus International, a Christian organization focused on curing LGBTQ plus people through conversion therapy. As I mentioned, the organization had two hundred and sixty affiliated ministries and they shut down in twenty thirteen. So on the Exodus website, Chambers renounced conversion therapy and said that he was sorry. He apologized quote for years of undue suffering and judgment at the hands of the organization and the church.
Speaker 1: As a whole.
Speaker 3: So it's how our a person who claims to be helping people to get their life back on track basically, but it turns out you're just a pet phile, You're a pedo.
Speaker 2: We know that's what happens oftentimes in these situations. People who sit on a high horse act like they are somehow morally superior and that they know they can pass judgment on your lifestyle or your beliefs, and then they're the ones that end up in some salacious sex scandal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they're really the ones with the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of like finger pointing, I think projection in these situations. What an asshole, fucking weirdo. It's gross.
Speaker 3: Well, he texts me. I text him back up. But I'm gonna punch you in a face. Okay, Yeah, I'm gonna meet you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take an uber over your place and kick your ass.
Speaker 2: Well, Dylan, this is a strange case, and we did discuss this when it first happened. Matthew Hurtkin, he's a thirty one year old who was responsible for his brother's order back in Gosh, I can't even remember what year this was, February of twenty twenty five. I knew it had been some time. He was a Wesleyan soccer player, former Wesleyan soccer player who ripped out his brother's eyeball and devoured it after stabbing and beating him with golf clubs in their high end like New Jersey apartment building.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He also set the family cat on fire after he slaughtered his twenty six year old brother, Joseph.
Speaker 1: What a cat do to you?
Speaker 2: Joseph's corpse was found by cops lying in a pool of blood beside a bloody knife after what was described as a twisted rampage. So, of course, Herkin was arrested, and according to a forensic psychologist, doctor Perelli, the deranged cannibal suffered from quote prophetic and divine visions and was found not guilty by reason of insanity.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: He was diagnosed with skitzphrenia, and that he believed himself at various times to be Jesus Christ, the Antichrist, God, or to have multiple souls, and that anytime he closed his eyes he was quote seeing tremendous visions.
Speaker 3: Look now, it sounds like the guy has some serious issues. Okay, certainly, And if you're going to find someone not guilty by reason of insanity, okay, whatever, Fine, they got problems they need they need more specialized care than can be provided into prison.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: I understand what you're saying to a degree. Then that means you have to have facilities that specialize in this type of care and treatment where this person can be locked away for the rest of their life.
Speaker 1: They still have to be.
Speaker 3: Society still needs to be protected from this person even though they have these significant issues. They don't they I mean, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, slower a little bit, okay, because he's dead and we're gonna get to that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well no, but I'm saying so.
Speaker 2: Herkin's mental health problems began when he was living in New York City in twenty twenty one. According to you know, those who were in the know, he had an idyllic childhood and grew up with his brothers in a one point one million dollar home in Tom's River, very exclusive, you know, affluent neighborhood or town, before his family relocated to the Michelle Muse apartments, which are also considered quite luxury. Okay, so he struggled with these severe and profound mental issues before he attacked his brother and then they found him dead in his jail cell. Oh so, he took his own life parents' suicide and was found dead on May eighth, and no official cause of death has been released yet. But he did previously attempt to hang himself, I guess a week after his arrest back in February of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, it's sad for someone to be this mentally disturbed that they would, you know, attack their own brother.
Speaker 2: And well it was a very horrific crime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds horrible. So I guess we don't have to.
Speaker 3: Be protected from this person anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I was going to get to that part.
Speaker 3: No, but I guess what I was saying more broadly was, you know, there's the issue I have with.
Speaker 1: When they find.
Speaker 3: Peoplet not guilty by reason of insanity is sometimes they go to a mental health treatment place and they get treated for a year or two or whatever until and then, you know, until they convince the doctors that they're better now, right, and then they let they'll let them out, right, they'll let them out back into into society, and then many times something ends up, something else ends up happening. So that's what I'm saying. I still think you have to should be held responsible for what you did, and I think society still needs to be protected from you even if you are if even if you do have mental health issues, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, otherwise you end up in a Halloween series where you have a person who's criminally insane, like Michael Myers, right, becoming a serial killer and tracking down babysitters and innocent young people who are just trying to make whoopee in the backseat of a car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just trying to try to get to know each other. Yeah, and here you come with your big knife.
Speaker 2: How many scary horror movie slashers escaped or were released from, you know, the hospital for the criminally insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm making a lot of the situation. But still, I mean, yes, we need to be you know, we need to make sure these people are off the streets. And it's time and time again. We're seeing these criminals arrested fifteen thirty five seventy times, you know, and then they go out and commit a very violent act and then it's oh, well they have mental issues. But it's like, yeah, okay, but you didn't deem them mentally ill enough to keep in jail or to do something with the other seventy times they were arrested.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, because you know, they get tired. We've seen this ourselves, even in small town. They get tired of dealing with that person because they have to deal with them all the time, because they're always creating some kind of situation because they're not getting the treatment they need, or they won't take the medicine that they've been prescribed or whatever the case may be. And they know the person, they know they're not right, they know they have issues, and they're in and out the system many times, and they'll know the person by name until finally that unfortunately, that person does something very serious and then they're like, oh, yeah, well they can't be held accountable because we know they have mental health issues. Then why wasn't something done about this before? Why wasn't that person forced or given the opportunity to get the help that they truly need. Why is it's always the everyday citizen that is at the other end that, yes, of all these issues, all these issues, homeless issue, the you know, these people that are in and out of jail that have mental health issues, it's the public that suffers.
Speaker 1: The consequences from all this. Well it's true, All right, let's move along here.
Speaker 2: There was an actor who went missing. It was on the show Virgin River and he's been found deceased amid a homicide investigation. Okay, Stuart McLean remains were identified one day after it was announced that the missing actor was possibly a victim of homicide. Canada's Integrated Homicide Investigation Team that's a Mouthful announced on Friday that McLain's remains were located in the Lions Bay area. The forty five year old had last been seen at his residence in Lyons Bay, British Columbia, on Friday, May fifteenth. A missing persons report was filed for McLean on Monday May eighteenth, and as the investigation unfolded, homicide investigation investigators are working to collect and analyze evidence and conduct interviews, and they're reviewing CCTV footage of mister mclin's activities prior to May fifteenth. But they are investigating this as a homicide. They do believe it's an isolated incident. And yeah, I mean that's kind of a wild story. Huh. Well, yeah, it goes to show doesn't matter if you're an actor, celebrity or just a regular Joe on the street.
Speaker 1: You never violence can find you can.
Speaker 2: You can never be sure exactly. So he made appearances on Virgin River, Murder in a Small Town, Happy Face, and Arrow if you watch any.
Speaker 3: Of those shows, all right, I haven't watched any of those shows, but that's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: It is, this is something else that is unfortunate. If you are in the Atlanta area. Cobb County investigators are searching for additional victims of an accused serial rapist.
Speaker 3: Cerial rapists that's so scary.
Speaker 2: Jail records show that twenty two year old Jamel Palmer has been in custody at the Cobb County Detention Center without bonds since May first, on charges of kidnapping, rape, aggravated assault, burglary, and battery, and it's part of their investigation. Officials say they believe there are other unidentified victims of Palmer who have not come forward, and detectives believe some of the incidents may involve individuals in Georgia and Ohio and could date back to twenty twenty two. Police said that they do believe some of the victims may be members of the Hispanic community and might be afraid to come forward due to immigration status or other reasons, but they assured that their goal is to protect all the victims because they want to hold Palmer accountable.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, that's good.
Speaker 3: I'm glad they're saying that like that, Like, come, if you've been a victim, come forward, We don't care about you. In this instance, I certainly agree with them. You've been a victim of violent crime. We're just here to help you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean they're saying, like, we believe you as the victim, we know you probably have some information related to this, and if you come in, we're going to treat you with dignity, compassion, respect, and that their goal is to ensure victims feel safe speaking with investigators and receive helping resources that they need. They really just want to bring justice to anyone who might have been harmed by this guy. So investigators are asking anyone who believes that they may have had contact with Palmer or that they are a victim to call the Cobb County Police Department's Major Crime Crimes Units. We'll get that out at seven seven zero four nine nine three nine four five.
Speaker 3: And I hope any victims of this piece of shit, I hope they hear this and they do come forward, because, you know, for one, they should get the justice for being attacked by this horrible person, and they should also get access to resources, like, you know, even if it's financial or a therapeutic anything that can help them try to get their cell there, you know, to heal, help themselves heal.
Speaker 2: The idea of a serial rapist is very scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I terrifying.
Speaker 2: I'm actually working on a case that we will be covering here in the next couple of weeks about a serial rapist and then of course it escalates further into more crimes. But it's really frightening. A lot of times, you know, these serial rapists will break into your home, they climb into your window, they find a way in, they attack you as you're getting into your car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And they prey on the week women typically you know, in a situation where they're alone and they know they won't have help.
Speaker 1: Or the elderly.
Speaker 2: It's very frightening.
Speaker 3: No, and I think our listeners know what I think about a person like this.
Speaker 1: I think they should.
Speaker 3: Certainly these kinds of charges should come with a death sentence that should be swiftly carried out, because this is just one of the most horrible things, the most horrible violations that you can do to a person. I mean, there's no other way around it. I think rape is right there and in ways worse than murder because you have to live with what they've done to you.
Speaker 2: I believe you're absolutely You're correct, Dylan.
Speaker 1: Thank you for once. No, I'm correct.
Speaker 3: A lot correct all the time. Okay, I'll just take this win and just I'm gonna savor it like a by of a very high end dessert.
Speaker 2: So we should discuss this because you know how much we'd like to talk about Murder Beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, look, we didn't make it. We didn't make it Murder Beach, but it certainly Yeah.
Speaker 1: Continue, Well, you know a lot.
Speaker 2: Of folks are gearing up to go on their summer vacations. Perhaps Myrtle Beach is in your future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you can get a room down there pretty cheap and go to the Gay.
Speaker 2: Dolphin, buy t shirt, play some ski ball on the boardwalk. No, that's one of my favorite things to do at Murder Beach. Visit the Gate Dolphin and play some ski ball.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: So more than a dozen people were injured early Sunday morning in a stampede incident during the Atlanta Atlantic Beach bike Fest. Corey County Fire Rescue said it was dispatched to the stage area near Ocean Boulevard in Atlantic Beach at one oh five am, according to a Facebook post, with the help of on scene law enforcement, nineteen patients were located and evaluated for injuries, none believed to be life threatening at this time. Three people were transported to the hospital with injuries, with the possibility of others being transported or maybe self transporting to local hospitals. So it was declared a mass casualty incident because of the number of reported patients. Right The stage on Ocean Boulevard is part of the Atlantic Beach Memorial Day, Black Pearl Cultural Heritage and Bike Festival, or usually just referred to as a Black By. Performances were scheduled on stage for Saturday night and well into the morning, according to online information, and this festival runs through Monday. So interim Atlantic Beach manager Titus Leak said someday that a person who started running created a panic among the crowd of people. He said, law enforcement, we're in a position in the area, and that an announcement from the stage did kind of help calm down the situation. But here's the thing, A similar incident happened last year during the bike festival when ten people were sent to the hospital after fights created a mass panic during the concerts. People were injured when they were trampled trying to leave the crowded festival. I just don't know, this is the second year in a row this type of thing has happened.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand why people can't get together and have a good time. I mean, I really don't understand.
Speaker 2: Well, the whole trampling thing is so super scary, and you would think we would learn a lesson from like one year to the next. But I also think of the Travis Scott the astro World mass trampling events. How frightening that is. And when you are in a situation like this, you're in a crowded spot and people just start pressing and pressing against you, is so scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I used to listen to I haven't in a while, but Disaster Area a really good podcast about disasters of various sorts, and she covered trampling events, stampede events at things like large soccer games and stuff like that, and just the it's so scary, Yes, when people are getting pressed against immovable object or a fence, you know, people getting pressed against a chainling fence, pressed into it with this massive weight behind you, you know, and you slowly into people that survive or you know, give testimony on how it's like it's just kept getting tighter and tighter, and every time they breathe in they could or breathe they get to breathe in.
Speaker 1: A little bit less.
Speaker 3: And it just kept happening, and you have absolutely no control over it, no way out people climbing over people, things like that. I mean, it just sounds like something out of a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Well Leak said an emailed statement that while any incident is unfortunate, it is also important to recognize that this isolated moment does not reflect the overall success of the event. The Black Pearl Cultural Heritage and Bike Festival has been held for over forty years and continues to attract visitors from across the country because of the positive experience it does provide. I mean, it is a very popular event. Again, I'm just like, I don't know, the thought of the trampling. It just freaks me out. And I know I've been in tight crowds before, even in at a show where people are starting to kind of mosh around or something and you get pressed up on. I do not like that feeling whatsoever. But the fact that it's happened two years in a row is kind of kind of wild as well. You would just think people would be mindful of that and try not to repeat a second year in a row. It's I mean, that's just really scary for anybody who's in the middle of all that.
Speaker 3: Well, for one thing, it's certainly on the crowd for the most part. In situations like this, sometimes they're confused. Sometimes they think something else is happening. Unfortunately, in the world we live in today, with the frequency of you know, shooting, mass shooters and all that, people are kind of they got a hair trigger on a fear almost this right in the back of their minds. If they see someone running, they will panic and think something's happening, and that seems to be what's kicked.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Well, the year before it sound like fights were the problem. But and that's really the world we live in nowadays. And this is one of the reasons I don't get into a shoulder to shoulder crowd because of a ship like this. I always think about it, maybe happy if something happens, if an emergency happens, if a fire starts, or something like that, because even a big guy like me, it doesn't matter when you're in dealing with forces like this, if you get knocked down or you do stumble or something to end up on the ground. In situation like this, you're very likely to get stomped, stumped to death.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, in most crowds, I'm usually like one of the shortest people. I cannot see above everyone else, so it's just like a sea of people taller than me, and I would be probably the first one to go down.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't allow.
Speaker 2: It, So yeah, I'm gonna avoid that. You know, it's funny. I remember, for example, Woodstock ninety nine, right but whatever reason, I feel like people are just so nostalgic right now for the eighties and the nineties especially, and I keep seeing all these videos circulate of Woodstock ninety nine, and I remember being a young person. I would have been nineteen when that concert took place, and I remember watching MTV and being so jealous, like I wanted to be there so badly, you know, and like didn't get to go, and just was like watching with envy the people in the crowds. And now watching footage from that event there crowded, it was shoulder to shoulder, just hundreds of thousands of people just.
Speaker 1: In one space, not enough supplies.
Speaker 2: Watching limp biscuit, you know, break some shit or whatever. Oh my gosh, I think what was I everything? Like, I would not want to be in that crowd at all.
Speaker 3: No, no, never at any age.
Speaker 2: But back then it was like, oh man, I wish I was right there in the middle of all that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna happen now.
Speaker 2: One off our listeners sent me this information, Dylan, and we got to discuss it before we wrap things up today because it's one of those cold cases solved. You know how much I like when we get to solve some cold cases.
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 2: Well. A Connecticut man was arrested for the decades old rape and murder of a Virginia woman after forensic evidence offered new leads in the cold case. The body of twenty two year old ROBERTA. Walls was found in a field in Virginia Beach on the morning of May fifteenth, nineteen eighty six. That is a really long time. That's forty years for a case to be unsolved. That's so craz that is that's such a long time for the family to get answers well. The Department described her as a vibrant young woman. She had a promising future ahead of her. Walls had been sexually assaulted and stabbed multiple times. Police investigated the homicide, but they had no leads and eventually it was assigned to the cold case unit. Now in was I'm sorry, two thousand and one DNA DNA profile was developed and it was run through the Virginia Department of Forensic Science. The profile information was also entered into a nationwide data bank. Investigators determined the DNA profile belonged to a man, but no matches were found at that time. And then in twenty seventeen, alab in Northern Virginia analyzed the DNA and created a composite photo of Wall's killer. But these developments again did not lead to twenty arrests.
Speaker 1: That was in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: That was in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, you know, And that was once that technology came about where they could actually get eye color height and get an approximation of what the perpetrator may look like. I thought that was a really big one of the biggest leaps. That is a big step in forensic science and DNA that has happened in recent years.
Speaker 1: It's really amazing, No, it really is.
Speaker 3: I mean they can get i mean eerily almost dead on I've listened to some cases where they use this technology and they were they were right. They were dead on the hair color height. You know, of course they can't know hairstyle and all things like that. Facial hair, but that a perm Yeah he had a really groovy mullet. But no, they were really. It can really help lead in the right directions if they have a you know, a bunch of suspects or a big pool that you know of people they've interviewed or something.
Speaker 2: Like that, can on the DNA.
Speaker 1: It can really dial it in.
Speaker 2: Soy suspect based on the DNA events that he may or may not have been wearing an Aerosmith T shirt.
Speaker 1: Oh right, man, it's getting so specific.
Speaker 2: Well, you never know, just advancements happening every day, Dylan.
Speaker 3: So this is okay, continue, I have some thoughts.
Speaker 2: Okay. So, the Virginia Beach Police Department received some grant funding in twenty twenty three that allowed investigators to pursue forensic genealogy leads, and that is when the direct DNA comparison led to the identification of Charles Barry, a sixty six year old man living in Newington, Connecticut. Barry was confirmed to be the source of the DNA profiles her profile.
Speaker 3: So once they took another stab at it and pursued the Familia DNA route, if you will, they got a hit, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Barry was believed to be in the US Navy at the time of the murder. Investigators obtained a warrant for his DNA which they compared to the profile from the crime scene, and so he was arrested on Monday in Newington, Connecticut. Police charged him with being a fugitive from justice. He's being held on a ten million dollar bond and is a waiting extradition to Virginia. Police did not say what charges he will face in Virginia, but they are extremely confident that they have the right person.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's great, right yeah.
Speaker 2: The Virginia Beach Police Department police Chief Paul Newdigate says he hopes the developments inspire other families waiting for answers.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I agree.
Speaker 2: You know, for those families there there is hope for the future. And I always want families to know, like you don't have to give up because there is always a chance. And with these forensic developments, I mean being able to create a composite sketch to know what the suspect may look like. I mean, those are amazing advancements and you just never know, Like it might take forty to fifty sixty years, but these cases can still be solvable.
Speaker 3: You know, back in the day, when I saw that they would take a skull and they would re have an artist to reconstruct what the person may have looked like while living, that really blew me away, right, I really thought that was really amazing to be able to do that, and you know it's somebody's forensic advancements really just blow my mind, you know. And see, what do you think about something like because with the DNA we see that over and over almost always. This is why these cases get solved after many decades, some of the oldest cold cases we've heard.
Speaker 1: What do you think.
Speaker 3: About if we ever were to put forth like a compulsory DNA like you should every citizen should submit their DNA to create a comprehensive, complete DNA network.
Speaker 2: Well, now I'm not down for that.
Speaker 3: See though I know the good it could do, I'm not down for that. I think it should be your right choice to take part in something like that.
Speaker 2: Well as private citizens we have a right to privacy, and DNA is one of the most personal things you could give up, right, you know, And I just think, no, I'm not going to just offer up my DNA for the greater good.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't offer your DNA.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I think it, like I hate to sound all dystopian and sci fi movie, you know, person, but like I've just not ever seen greater good come from things like that, right, It just always seems like it may start out as something positive, but it'll get in the hands of the wrong person and asterias or be used against citizens. And we give up so much of our rights to privacy now that the last damn thing I'm gonna do is intentionally like give you access to my DNA. That's why I've never done one of those DNA genetic genealogy family tree tests.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me, neither.
Speaker 2: If my relatives want to do it, that's fine. I know some of them have, so I'm sure i could be tracked down through that in some way. But I'm just not ever going to offer up my shit, just okay, all right? Yeah, we already live in a surveillance state.
Speaker 1: You know, right quick speaking of retail, but.
Speaker 2: Trying to surveil my body.
Speaker 1: In my DNA.
Speaker 3: You were talking about retail and service workers earlier. It's funny. There's a story someone shared about working at Sears back in the day. It's kind of creating a bit of a sterild lives. Yeah, the guy was just recounting that, you know, like the people he worked with were living good lives, right they worked at Sears, maybe their department manager, they've been there for years. He talked about one man who had, you know, sent his kids to college, had nice people, had nice cars in the parking lots. He worked there, a home, owned a home and was going to retire after thirty two years of service with a pension, and just you know, just the how happy the people were that they had made this good, good career being in retail. And then it wasn't like, you know, it's almost a look down on now. And it's the people wanted to think they can treat people in retail anyway they want, like they're sub human or something, just because they work there.
Speaker 1: And you know now that they really are.
Speaker 3: Lower paying wage jobs with not real good benefits, and all these companies are just continuing to post record profits and see I think this is just where this is where you see a major failure in our government to not control this through laws and legislation and regulation. And this doesn't have to be this way. It's been allowed to become this way, and it could be you know, it could be better.
Speaker 2: We know. I hate to be all like well backing mar Day, but I remember being a young person and there wasn't like this elitism so much that you get today. Yeah, like if your friend's dad sold mattresses for a living, nobody was like, oh, yeah, I look at him. He works in retail, like he's a piece of shit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's owned his home or a car.
Speaker 2: A welder or like you're I mean, I just feel like it didn't really people didn't look down on you for what you did. Like work didn't define you. It was like people just respected you because you had a job and you got up every day and you went to work. People weren't like, I don't remember this attitude of like looking down their nose at you because categories worked in some certain field or whatever. And nowadays you get that so much, people acting superior because you know they're doing this job and you're doing that, And the thing that kills me is like, you know, a lot of times that fast food worker who's making fifteen dollars an hour is making just as much as you with a college degree, as you have some entry level receptionist job answering phones in an office, and you're just making fifteen dollars an hour, So really you're not financially superior to this person. You're basically making the same amount of money. But the difference is that person working at McDonald's probably has access to insurance, college benefits, all the things that that corporation offers its employees. Right here, you are working at like some you know, mom and pop insurance business, and you're not even being offered any benefits. But you're looking down at this person who is on a career path to potentially be a manager or whatever. And I just don't know when this attitude emerge where people think they're better than you because of their job. I mean, it's a fucking job. Nobody wants to work like. I don't care if you're an executive at a you know, big fortune five hundred company, or you're working retail at Walmart, like you probably still don't want to get up and go to your job every day, right, you probably hate that job. You work with a bunch of assholes. It's you know, all political people like you know, cutting throat to get in a better position whatever, and you're probably miserable. So what makes you think you're better than this person who goes and works their retail job and maybe hates it just as much as you at your job. I mean, it's just I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: I suppose, but I mean my friend's mother h retired from Belk with a pension, you know, so what happened that's worked there for years. That's the problem, is what happened to what we've allowed corporations to do and just just run away this, you know, beholden to the shareholders and all that the record profits, which in I would always argue some of the record profits are stolen benefits and wages from employees, because you know the old adage, when the tide rises, all ships rise along with it is the way.
Speaker 2: It should be, exactly my gosh, well doing I mean, I don't want to be a comedy because fuck of commy. But what you're talking about, in my opinion, is not just capitalism. That's like predatory capitalism.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well no, its.
Speaker 2: That's the part of capitalism that I do.
Speaker 3: Like, No, that's that's what's when unchecked. You know, I'm I think capitalism, free market, truly free market, true free market society is really the better of all the systems out there when it's properly done, when it's properly regulated, not over regulated, but the things that mattered because like we've said before, words you don't hear anymore from the halls of Congress or any of these meetings or any of that is consumer protections. And that was a big thing in the eighties and nineties. You heard these big cases, these big deals when the consumers were being taken advantage of, and you know, the regulators in Congress and such would step in and protect the you know, through legislation, protect the consumers. And that's just not happening anymore. It's runaway. It's predatory capitalism, and it is really it's out of control. And I think and now the pressures are everywhere around all of us, the economic pressures, the job markt pressures, and let alone.
Speaker 1: With all the other social issues.
Speaker 3: That's where it's getting scary because it's unavoidable at all levels of households are feeling this pressure that has been a long time coming.
Speaker 2: So you're saying these pressures in turn make people go into fast food restaurants and show the ass.
Speaker 1: No I didn't. I don't know. No, you know, I didn't say that. No.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is I'm joking. Yeah, I'm saying is our systems run away, been allowed to run away.
Speaker 2: And it's a crime. And that is how we are going to wrap it back in. So this is Mountain Murders, a true crime podcast and not Dylan's personal journey through predatory capitalism.
Speaker 1: That people feel me, our listeners feel me. They do.
Speaker 2: That's why we really need to bring our common sense political podcast to the forefront. Okay, that we talk about but we never actually record.
Speaker 3: Okay, So thanks for sitting down with me, Heather, appreciate you. Another episode of Mountain Murders midweek at the end of the week and we'll we can't wait to come back with another case. Thank you, listeners, Thank you patrons. We'll catch you later.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: Stay safe out there, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, Watch out for the pressures, Watch out for donuts.
Speaker 2: One at your head if you're just trying to get a coffee in the morning.
Speaker 1: I remember, if you hit an old lady, she might die. Bye Bye