Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Lines podcast, recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe and the comics, TV and movies. We will go from er six one six at the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Unis right to you. I'm the Man without Fear Chris.
Speaker 2: I'm the nerd with the Mouth David, and I'm the podcast for a mischeff tras.
Speaker 1: Now Alliance Symbol Symbol Volume two hundred and forty four. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to the Wreckoning. Yes, this is our annual looking at our predictions for what is coming up in the year of Marvel and revisiting to see what happened. Did our predictions get correct or did we get wrecked with some of our predictions. So we are excited to do this. And as you hear coming back temporarily from his podcasting hiatus, and if you're not watching live, he is coming and injured he was, you know, we we we're gonna talk about that a little bit because but we welcome back my o lescious original co host, mister Travis Snow. Welcome back to marvel Line.
Speaker 2: Sir, Yes, thank you very much. It's great to be back. Yeah, I've taken a this is my first podcast in seven weeks. This is the longest break I've had since Geek forst starting nine years ago. But I meant to if people didn't know I was going to be on the whenever the babies came, I was gonna be on that Thursday because it was playing. Okay, see section Friday. Well then it came to the Wednesday, so I said it, Chris Wall, I'm not making that episode, so you're good, sure, Yeah, I'm not making the episode. I was like, I can't miss this one. So yeah, not fully back obviously, lots of random stuff happening in the Geek first as you can see. Yes, I've been injured, so it's been a racous couple of weeks. But I will I will answer that all upon my return. When is that. You'll have to You'll have to stay tuned because the only thing I can tell you about Tras now is to expect the unexpected, and nothing is for sure. But I'm happy to be here. Happy here David, now that you know he's hosting all Brent's gone, so much has changed in general, so I wish Brent is doing well. Also, we kind of talk. We see chats every day. But it's great to be reunited with David as well, who's been holding down the sbub's and the gimmick. So it's a fun episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's good to uh be back hosting with you again because again, if we do the gimmick together and so with you taking your break, and we haven't even got to do wrestling in this form together outside of our chats. So yeah, it's cool. And you know, I've been happy to step in for Brent. Unlike the rest of you. I've actually seen brenton person all over four and a half hours ago.
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you what. Brent and I almost met, almost met it when our looks like our respective Disney trips a couple of years ago, almost the line we were like a week apart or something like that. So we almost had that interaction. So but we got a fifth of the Jack in the in the chat says all right, wrapped up his comic book comework, chillball streaming with some great, good old fashioned fun. Always good to see you, buddy. Yeah, but everyone's week's going well.
Speaker 3: Other than snow apocalypse, We've been all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been going from a big time concussion, so that that's been tough. But other than that, still going well. The new kiddos are healthy. I'm trying to think what else, But yeah, that's the most important.
Speaker 1: Twin life like, because I know what that's like. Obviously it's been it's been a few years since i've it's now, hey, actually eight years tomorrow the babies came into our lives.
Speaker 2: Wow, look at that.
Speaker 1: Their birthday birthday is on Friday.
Speaker 2: So happy uh not? But what's uh, there's the lady when you miss it? What's pre birth What is the pre birthday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is their birthday.
Speaker 2: So but yeah, it's been a whole different ballpark. I think it's good. So crudos to Chris who just had twins first. For me, at least I had some practice with the three kids. It's like because before you're used to okay, one baby, you know, someone takes a shift, or okay, i'll take Monday, you take Tuesday. There's none of that with twins. There there's no someone's getting rest. So this is definitely the least amount of sleep I've had in my life. I think we finally found a routine now, especially I'll talk about Chris no Is a bit about but I'll talk more on the soul episode. But the first few weeks where a lot of visits to the hospitals. Like I said, they're all good now, but one was a lot smaller, so that caused a lot of complications. But those weeks were those were brutal and the dogs bey, oh yeah, I gotta make sure you get some sleep. It's like, well, I can't do that when I'm going back and before one of my babies in the hospital. One of my babies isn't in the like the er and the nick you It's like, yeah, yeah, so it's been raucus, but it's been it's been good. Yeah. We got two little girls, Valerie in Sydney and yeah right now they're doing well.
Speaker 1: But it's been it's been a pure girl dad at all all girls.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all girls. Yeah that all the number five is ramp in the household. But luckily the kids are great and they help out a lot. But yeah, it's it's luckily now we're getting down to it and the bigger they get, they get to sleep a little longer. It's not that rapid. Hey, every two and a half hours you got to do a feeding but definitely lacking amount of sleep. So I'm happy to still have another month before I go back to my job job and just try to relax.
Speaker 1: Soak it in, soak it in. How about you. You said snowpocalypse for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, snowpocalypse for us. Some areas of this city got up to I think the top was eleven inches of snow in our area. I think my area got around eight the night of snow. Eye shoveled my driveway four times at night and then woke up and it still did not look like I touched anything. I was looking on social media because I stayed home once the ice hit. The ice started Saturday around noonish, and I saw some stuff on the internet and there was about five minutes from my house on the highway, there was a two hundred car pile up. So yeah, I'm like, I will be right here. But somehow still managed to make it to work this week, even though my kids have not gone to work. Luckily, I can remote shut down the video games from work, so they've been forced to actually do some stuff while they're at the house.
Speaker 2: That type of stuff right there.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's it's been a very much. Uh, all right, you guys can't play Fortnite until eleven o'clock and I will make sure about that because the Xbox in the PlayStation cannot connect to the internet.
Speaker 1: God, I remember you were fun. Once you're.
Speaker 2: On the on the opposite end of that with the snow, A big like shout out to everybody in LA and California work with those fires. Obviously, I doubt that they're listening to these podcasts right now, but whether it's in the future where you happened to me, maybe you're in a different city now, definitely some because we obviously got friends out there and stuff like definitely hurts out there because it's, uh, it's been. It's been a crazy thing to see how wrap it got and how bad it got to just when David said about the car pop up, just when you see all it so a big you know, hearts out to everybody out there because that's some terrible stuff going on right now.
Speaker 1: Stay safe, out to everyone. If for those of our heart to go out to you, you know, whatever you need to do, I hope that be safe. Don't don't play around with this stuff. It's it's not worth it. It really isn't keep keep lives. Property may be hard to think right now, but property to give a replace, but your lives cannot. So exactly, we have all the all the all the firefighters, all the police, everyone out there that's fighting it. At that point you know that you guys are are the true heroes out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think around Marble Alliance. Last year I was on here, but we had the similar thing in the summer with our on the west side here where it just went plan So it's it's it can become pandemonium really quick. So yeah, like Chris said, just take what you need get out of there. I know. Also it sucks stuff. You can't replace many things, but safety is the big thing. So I hope I I hope it all gets handled very soon.
Speaker 1: So on the opposite end, I live in North Carolina and our version of soap Pockets is happening this weekend with one to three inches coming, and we don't have school tomorrow, and there's always debate right now whether we're going to have school on Monday because it's going to be still very cold and whatever melt is going to refreeze, and so the county I live in is rather say, we've got suburban and then we've got rural. So it's usually the rural areas that buses can't get down and stuff like that that usually causes the county continue to be shut down. So we'll see exactly about that. But it's been a good week first week back. You know, kids are back. We're getting Betty back to routines. But I'm also glad my children were back in school getting back to their routines. Yeah, but all right, well let us get this show unto the road so we can look at our predictions and see what's going on. So we are part of the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network with six shows covering the wide range of geek and nerdom. To see this full schedule, check out the Show That's Blown. Subscribe to the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at gwaypot Networks. You know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon, so I'm going to throw a couple of shekels our away. We've got two tiers. Our dollar tiers are tip jar to say hey, think we're doing a good job. And then we've got our five dollar tier with ad for episodes, early access episodes and Patreon exclusive shows. Including our two shows we've done for the Patreon. We can watch this all day. The Marvel Lines Infinity Saga rewatch twenty four episodes covering the chronological watch of the Infinity Saga, and then we wrapped up the Tales from the House of X looking at Brenton I's favorite movies from the Fox era of X Men. So we've got a lot of great content out there. We've got the DC Lions boys doing their DC film through the years. We've got Joe During doing his Multiverse Minutes Disney Dives looking at every single Disney animated movie in chronological order. So hats off to him for going.
Speaker 2: Into that right there.
Speaker 1: That's like content and that will never end.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So if you're a member of our Patreon, we want to thank you. We can't do this out your support, but if you want to if you're not member, go to www. Dot Patreon dot com back slash gua network. So when all the shows drop and last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, Organtic Price Books dot Com for omnibus hardcover collected edition. Needs JP and the crew to OPB have got it going on with excellent customer service, immaculate packaging ships around the world. And let's check out they've got some new final order cutoffs. As I pull it up, there we go. Let's filter down to the Marvel side. Are we got we got new omnies. There, we've got blood Hunt, the new the recent summer event. At that point, I if you don't can't guess involve vampires.
Speaker 2: Do you want it on the screen? Chris?
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, do I want to? I forgot one key step, yes, blood Hunt, So we got that. We've also got the final omnibus of X Factor by Peter David, the conclusion of his run on There, we've got Spectacular Spider Man and by Bushma and JM DA Matteas wrapping up that, we got Wolverine Goes to Hell and Omnibus coming back into format which he does literally go to Hell. So check out all that used that could Marvel gu I check out to get two dollars off every single order you can use a limit amount of times, and want to thank them for being our official sponsor. All right, gentlemen, I know you know David obviously you won't have predictions from last year, and I would say, what would be your predictions, but they'd all be right because why why she was then at that point. So yeah, so let us revisit go in the way back machine to last year and kind of look at our Brent, my and Travis's predictions to see what we thought was going to happen in the year twenty twenty four with Marvel. Now, we I think by that point we knew we were only going to get one movie and it was going to be basically made up of the Disney Plus shows, and Sony was going to dominate the movies, and domination did yeah. Yeah, So all right, so let's see how Brent did with his prediction. So his first prediction was Daredevil's final episode count will be announced at thirteen episodes, as he said risky because the show is likely not coming out until twenty twenty five. So I don't even know have we gotten a final episode count.
Speaker 2: I think it's nine, Okay, I was looking at it. I think I think it's nine. It's definitely not thirteen. I think that was a bold prediction by Brent, So it was.
Speaker 1: It was, as I call a cool ranch prediction. So unfortunately Brent got wrecked on that one. But hey, the good thing is we all win because it's still coming.
Speaker 2: Out, so thank goodness. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all right, next one, we will get the title for the fourth MC spider Man movie, and and this is where he gets even better, and it will not have home anywhere in the title. So do we give partial credit for not having anything in the title or having no title? Technically it didn't have home in it because there was no title announced.
Speaker 2: I'll say there for Bent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't give him that one until we get Tom Holland accidentally spilling the beans on what the title is. No points.
Speaker 2: Oh, kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: He's getting a good week, he's got, you know, he's officially a great week. Kind of kind of ruined it with that huge rock that she was showing off that the day before the announcement, you know, all right, Next the Fantastic forecast will officially be announced at San Diego Comic Con, though it may leak before that. Also wrecked It did leak before that, the week leaked, and then it was.
Speaker 2: Even official announced before too. Yeah, it couldn't even make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. So the next one, Deadpool three for Marvel Studios fan Fair, will show at least one Fox era character in it, ungraded probably will be Deadpool. I think if the fan fair someone wants to pull it up. I think it was just a Deadpool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was it all Deadpool?
Speaker 1: I want to say. I want to say, yes, I know we did for this one.
Speaker 2: I was listening to that today and I was like, oh, I'm sure one of them have the h the answer here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry he didn't get No.
Speaker 2: It looks like it's the regular yeah, because's him singing at the end. So Dedpool is in it though, So it's it's the regular one. The only thing that's different is near the end at the m right before ch'challatte is the blast. Wade is there with the knife.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so do we count this because it's technically ake Fox character? He didn't I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he did did say even Deadpool.
Speaker 1: So so all right, and last one, Armor Wars will be given a release date. Travis is Travis. Travis says Disney plus movie or excise me, Disney movie to be you know, movie to finally happen. His favorite movie is one he keeps hoping and praying will actually happen.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you I know because I've always been impressed by the fact that brand had that stat and I've cited it many times, but no MCU projects has, everybody has has always come out. I think you're getting ready to learn the cancelation announcement Armored Wars. Now, I honestly might think it might be a thing that they just never even answer it, like the way Ryan Johnson is still directing ye Star Wars trilogy. Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, Armor Wars. Yeah, we're excited about that. But the fact that it's never even been on a slate, we're so far away. I know there was some gist with it, but even don Shield say, yeah, I don't know what's happening with that. He was joking the same and I'm like, I legamin don't think he knows what's happening with it. I just I think that's in an era where there are more pickular projects now more than ever. I think that's doa that's done, but it's actually done.
Speaker 1: So it's not And I don't know if it's one of those things that they're just gone to quietly not say anything and just hope people think that once they move to the next era, they won't. I mean, our closes the thing two in Armor Wars right now is going to be seeing probably the reception to Ironheart, if the reception is good.
Speaker 2: And we had heard some rumors that with some of the plot elements, which to me is not another good thing for Armored Wars. It is like Sea Tiers stuff. But some people are saying that some of that stuff was going to be worked in a vision quest like West Coast Aveangers everything like that. Yeah. Yeah, so that's why it's like, Okay, if people are taking storylines from your show, I don't think that's a good sign that that's happening.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, that's a little bit. So right now, Brent Dan's head, he got one, so he got one one. So all right, Travis, you know, Travis, do you want me to go over yours? Do you know yours?
Speaker 2: Go over? Because I have them in bullet points like I just have blank, blank box office from last year, but I think I have an idea.
Speaker 1: So all right, so your first one, and you know we must remember Sony being Sony Craven and Madam Webb combined will not make five hundred.
Speaker 2: Million, So damn right on that one, right, you are right that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, absolutely, right now, what now, what was the final box office total?
Speaker 2: Oh, let me find out here. I'll do some quick search and go to do the second one, and then i'll get this one.
Speaker 1: I just I mean that good thing. You didn't put Venom in there. You're smart not to put Venom in there, just because of how well that did. That could have really now you might have actually done it if Venom and Craven were your picks.
Speaker 2: Well even Venom though, that's so clear or it hasn't cleared half a bill yet, right, I think it's close. It's like four something because.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming you made five hundred million worldwide?
Speaker 3: Is what?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: World wide? Of course. Yeah, so like Venom three right now, where is it? It's a It's at four to seventy eight, So definitely I would have been wrong picking that one. But so, madam web is one hundred thousand. I'm just doing a clean hundred million, hundred thousand. Oh sorry, sorry, yeah, what was it? You guy?
Speaker 1: You guys did this well? Was it thing? What? What was the prediction of how much money? I can't remember what movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a Joker and then like one thousand or something dollars, But then it's still bombed Superman.
Speaker 1: They were talking about Superman didn't make it.
Speaker 2: It didn't make Yeah, and then so Madam Webb at one hundred million, and then rounding up Craven at fifty nine million, which is terrible. Yeah, I didn't even didn't even do two hundred million. I should have went lower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Craven fifty eight million. World idea. Thanks in the game. All right, So yeah, so you got that. So next Fantastic four, we'll move from May twenty twenty five to November twenty twenty five, and Blade will move from November twenty twenty five to February twenty twenty six. So neither one.
Speaker 2: Blade did move, just the February.
Speaker 1: Move completely doesn't doesn't exist. Again, I am saying Blade's a fake movie right now, and Fantastic four is still holding firm. I'm still in the camp that they're gonna they're gonna hold firm to that one.
Speaker 2: I am, but watched the move and I couldn't got this prediction right later. I still think there's a percentage it could be true, because you never know what can happen, right, and you know, Superman maybe won't get away. But yeah, right now, it seems like it's sticks. So yeah, big, big thumbs down to me for that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that that's staying there now. As far as Blade, there's only been one Blade, only ever will be. But yeah, Fantastic four stand ward was and that's.
Speaker 1: The thing people would even say, like, oh, Superman's gonna move. No, Superman's not gonna move Superman. Superman is the tenth pole. They are locked in at that date. There is nothing that will make them move. An act of God will have to make that move, like dark Side. All right. The Fantastic Forecast will officially be announced a D twenty three, though may leak beforehand, also unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I was wrong on that one. I think you came like it wasn't like Valentine's Week or something like that. What was the No, you're.
Speaker 1: Right, it was it was it was Valentine'sday week because that's where they came up with the kind of the the image and the era what they were looking at.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that we me and Brent were both wrong. I thought if it wasn't that one to be the other one. But no, they just put it out there, like we said, random day.
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly, why not? All right, Kang will not be recast, or if there is a rumor of who that has the part, the actor will not be specified as King in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: You are right, I got that, okay, because the reason I did that, I think it was at the time there was lots of rumors of, oh, they're talking to John David Wasshed and they're talking to Coleman Domingo. I don't. I was like, I think, even if they gets recast, it ain't happening in that calendar year. And I was right, there might not even happen at all.
Speaker 1: But random plug, random plug, speaking of columb Domingo, if you have not watched Colem Domingo and Kiaren Culkin Actors on Actors, do yourself a favor that it is probably the most funniest forty five minutes to you. You will spend watching those two talk.
Speaker 2: It's great their morning routines. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, all right.
Speaker 1: Chris Evans will appear as a human torch in Dead three.
Speaker 2: That was a give me. That was an easy one.
Speaker 1: That layups. It still counts. So all right, so you got three out of your five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, not that I'll take that. I think I've had many years. I think two has been my caps. I got a new record now, So.
Speaker 1: All right, so my first one I get wrecked and wrecked bad, but I wanted to be put it out there. I said, Deadpool three will not make a billion dollars at the box office, So I got I got royally wrecked on that. But at the time we just didn't know. We knew it was gonna be big. But the question is how big was it? And I'm glad it, you know, I mean I didn't. I mean as a stockholder, I mean I was glad for my stock, but you know I didn't see money for or that necessarily.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I agreed with you back then. I think I don't. I can't remember because I really tried to listen to most of the episode again today, and I think Brent pretty much agreed. I think we all said that it could be possible. But I think at that point that's when the box office still and the box office still isn't what it was, but it's definitely way more recover. We got now multiple billion movies in a year again, so I think now we're in that time where okay, some movies can hit those marks.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all the games ain't no offense to John David Washington. Can we please stop suggesting him for every black mill role? There are many other talented black hearts. Absolutely fully agree with that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree. I think the only reason people do that is because they do like him and they want him in Like lots of people hate this, but they they want him in a franchise. I think they want him in a DC of Marvel Star Wars. I'm not saying I do or don't I like him up. I think that's why. It's just because people do enjoy him, so they want him in those franchise and they want someone new instead of just getting you know, Josh Brolin again as dark Side or Robert Danny is Doctor Doom. I'm I'm you know, I'm all for recasting, but I'm getting a little sick of Eh. Brawlin's already played five Kumbo characters and guess what he might play another. It's like, we got so much new people. So that's why I think Washington comes up because he's he's fresh, he's fresh blood.
Speaker 1: They know he's a marketable name, they know they like it's it's a hard sell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can do physical roles. And then I know, like when talking to friends within the black community, they want him to get that multiple picture deal. That's a big thing. Once you get those franchises, you get the multiple picture deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and definitely you're right. There are many other quality African American persons of color out there that could do it. It's just it's the easy go to low hanging for right now. So yeah, all right, my next one. By the end of twenty twenty four, we will still have we we still won't have an official announcement of where and who the Avengers are.
Speaker 2: Just ridiculous. If I've said this before, so it's only for new listeners, but if I made a top five things I'm mad about from the multiverse, Soka, it's the fact that we still don't know who the Avengers are and they're supposedly film Thiss movie in March. Sure whenever, right, It's like, yeah, Josh, sure, why not. They could get killed they put him in like low Ki season three or something. But Clay would love that though.
Speaker 1: Kevin Hard absolutely Clay is if you never you know, go if you wanted to talk to talk to Clay fanboy Clay, you know, co host of Ranger Alliance and Star Wars Alliance. He is athlete Kevin hart stand. He celebrates the entire man's catalog comedy and movies, so please send.
Speaker 2: Him Radium Black as well.
Speaker 1: Exactly. You know, I don't know champions, but yeah, excellyeah, so yeah, and the Young Avengers didn't count and has to say here are your Avengers or something similar, so that none of that happened. Yeah, all right. At sdc C, Kevin Fikey will announce at least two new projects that haven't been announced. Wonder Man does not count because we already know that's filming though it has not been officially announced. I technically got one. I technically got one because Avengers Doomsday, I shot, I shot, I shot. You know again, One was easy. Two was pushing it at that point. But that was the most interesting thing about SDCC. Nothing new outside of that, like you know, everything around Doomsday, there was no major projects, no major slates, And it's making me quite interested in what SDC this year is going to be because like, where are how many holes do we have left? And we know Spider Man is not going to be an SDCC announcement, because that's that's a Sony thing. That's not what they do.
Speaker 2: You know, they could do something Avengers for sure, Like even if they're not filming that much, I think you'll get like a teaser, like a first look at Doom. Officially, F four is after right Comic Con.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing that they did with Dead Deadpool three. It's going to be the same weekend, I think weekend or so they.
Speaker 2: Probably do like a screener and have the cast come out again. Maybe do that.
Speaker 1: That was a big win for them.
Speaker 2: That was and then that's all the movies, right, Becaus, Thunderbolts and May. What else is? Is there anything even on the docket for twenty twenty five Marvel?
Speaker 1: There's twenty sixth sorry, twenty six just Avengers, right, just Avengers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing you know, until we're predicting Spider Man is going to be in there. That's that's the prediction that's going to be between if rumors every believe it's going to be taking place between Doomsday and Secret Wars.
Speaker 2: There is no D twenty three this year though, right, I think.
Speaker 1: Correct, it's that many D twenty three that really doesn't lead to a lot.
Speaker 2: So I bet a lot of that your first look at wonder Man, Marvel Zombies. I bet it's a lot of because all you need is Avengers Doomsday, something that's your main event, and then you can just do here's the announcement. I have a prediction about that. I think that's where we'll get like some dizzy plus stuff. So okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So I'll take half credit for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll give it to you.
Speaker 1: I'll take half, all right. There will be variants of Wolverine logan Wolverine logan James Howlett in Deadpool three.
Speaker 2: Oh you got that big time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got an ungraded one, both played by Hugh Jackman and played by others. Absolutely, and I good thing.
Speaker 2: This isn't like the draft, Yeah, a good thing. This is like the geek for some huge draft for God.
Speaker 1: I mean just seeing the ones. I mean I see when I come across it to TikTok, when they they go back through those at that one Age Age of Apocalypse, will he never thought, you know, we always knew Patch from the trailers, but Age of Apocalypse, I mean the cavalry not just blew everyone away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know when he jumps off the stool and he goes ooh, comic accurate.
Speaker 1: That's still I still think it was. You know, I liked it seeing like CGI, you know, Hugh Jackman being that size. But it would have been a huge funny if they got Danny DeBrito. Yeah, so so uh and then my last one, we will get a trailer for Captain America Brave New World by the end of the year, and we did do that. So so looking at the stats, uh, Brent with one travels with three, and I edge everyone out with three point five.
Speaker 3: Three point five because we got half for the half an announcement announcement.
Speaker 2: I don't know that now when it's a win, Okay, it's a title change, it's not a project change.
Speaker 1: So we're tied at three, so I'll take the tie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If I was low behind, all was good to you. And now that I know it's a tie, I'll.
Speaker 1: Se there you go when when there's wins on the board at.
Speaker 2: That point where I can nowadays, you know, so.
Speaker 1: Andrew, how you doing? Andrew and on the game saying two dates reserve by February November.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to think if there's been anything that's been and like Chris said, take off Spider man, because those are never the Disney dates. What has been rumored to right that those legitimately those could be Blade dates, but they could not exist, right, They could just give them to something else, but that one of them could be Blade, like November. I'm trying to think, Yeah, I don't know, and it's not X Men, because I know there's some rumors of some X Men filming next year. But yeah, I don't know what that third movie would be. Like, Yeah, I'm gonna say it's Avengers, Blade and something else.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Again, we already know that rumors are saying, you know, Champions is Disney plus. Yeah, that's been that's been put on there for a while.
Speaker 2: Strange three, that's always come up, Right, there's always a possibility.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of stuff out and heavy early last year about Strange. Now it's kind of gone dark, but it would fit, just because if we're leading towards what Secret Wars and Doomsday are, that would fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again, just because they have those dates doesn't mean they have to use them. They gave Blade had that November date, and they gave that to Predator bad Lands, right, so they could easily give it to a twentieth century, a Star Wars whatever for like they can just save the date. So right now there's three, but it could honestly be like Deadpool and Wolverine where it's just one. Like even if you have just Avengers Doomsday, you don't need anything else that year that's like Deadpool Wolverine, like that is the year, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeahs Buzzer's the chat saying which TV show can they turn into a movie? Mowana Tu style and to fill those days, it.
Speaker 2: Would be Champions that I think it would bomb as a movie. But if you're asking me what was coming up, like, it's not gonna be wonder Man, it's not gonna be Ironheart. So Champions. Maybe you take a shot and you see, let's make it a movie.
Speaker 1: But I'm telling you right now, if that rumored casts out there, oh my gosh, that wokeo bro crowd is gonna lose their darn mind.
Speaker 2: It's and I have no problem with this, but it's oh, I have no problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the idea is. But I just know I saw that rumored listing and said, oh god, that's that's gonna be detrimental to a lot of fan bases that are gonna be upset. I love it. I think it's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love a lot of those characters. But it's five women and then one man that represents themselves in the gay community. It's just like I am not luckily. I try to say more off social media, but the amount of red eye thumbnails from a bunch of losers are just lost on the way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Amari's saying thor five need to see more hercules.
Speaker 2: I would like that because I do think Hemsworth has a chance of dying in secret Wars or doomsday. So if we got one last four and there has been rumors again, there was rumors I think like six months ago, and then more rumors popped up again this week that George Miller is in the talks, which I think would be an amazing Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's like Kenneth Brnnall back to thor yeah or.
Speaker 2: Remind like, obviously not everyone loved it, but to me, when they announced Raymy doing strange, it's like, oh, that's a fun fit. So four or five, that's a good option. I actually I could see them doing that because it's not like a huge setup. So that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Mari, I like that, So yeah, all right, so let us take our first ad break before let's see, uh looking at our predictions for this year. So all right, listeners, So these at these ads help keep the lights onto the gig Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud. To give you that three account before they come on three two one, we'll be.
Speaker 2: Right back.
Speaker 1: And we are back. So gentlemen, if you can do me a favor at you know, either after the show or during stuff, you can drop your stuff into the document and I'll keep it in our shared notes so we can keep track of this stuff after.
Speaker 2: I don't want I'm stealing any you know, I I gotta beat them the clean.
Speaker 1: We're tied, so we got to who wants to do their five first?
Speaker 2: Are we doing all five? We're going back and forth, back.
Speaker 1: And forth, so, well, who wants to go first?
Speaker 3: I will leave it to the guys who've been here the longest.
Speaker 1: All right, Dravis, why didn't you go first?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna take an easy one because we've heard some rumors and I think it's about time. This could be an and I'm again talking about we said hey at Cabacom. Maybe they announced a bunch of D twenty three stuff. I'm not going to put or sorry, a bunch of Disney plus stuff. I'm not putting a date on this. As we've seen before when you get very specific, that can screw you up. So I'm just gonna say Hawkeye season two will be officially announced or Hawkeye continue, like it'll be called Hawkeye and whatever it is with Kate Fisher. Right but we've heard these rumors that they're looking for Clint's brother right now. This show has always been continually rumored as Hey, one day they're gonna do it, and I think that might be a good way to set up champions. It could be kind of like a hopefully it doesn't get too much like Iron Man two, where it's a lot of just nothing butt set up. But I'm gonna say that Hawkeye two gets officially confirmed next year. I think it's gonna be com com but I'm not putting that in predictions because they could just drop it. You know, someone could have something bad happen. They're like, Oh, put out of that Hawkeye news.
Speaker 1: You want to marvel not from a variety or.
Speaker 2: Deathline fishing now it's like it's on a slate or it's like a press release. So yeah, I won't take the you know, variety says so and so's cast, because again, that happens a lot. So I'll I'll say of fishally confirmed by Marvel in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Too, what do you feel about that one, David?
Speaker 3: I could see that, especially like he said, if something happens then they need to get some different news out there in the atmosphere. Then definitely can see that happening.
Speaker 1: And I like the all that. I think Hawkeye is one of those deep cut favorites of mine, and I think for a lot of people watching that, you know, make fun of Kingpin all you want. I think the majority of that show really upon a rewatch. It's a darn good show. And I think Hailey Steinfeld really took on that role. Besides being great fan casting, she took on the role of Kate Bishop. Like when I read Kate Bishop in the comics, I see Hailey Steinfeld. I mean, she really has become that character.
Speaker 2: And not to like bring some things down to raise another. But I feel like shows that followed it, we're got a lot more mixed reaction where I feel like that first year, a lot of people maybe had Hawkeye near the bottom of like that low key fun We're a Soldier. But now I think in retrospect with some other shows, like I love Chihawk, but there's tons of people that don't write or maybe like same thing for me. There's sons been love in this marvel. I don't. So there's things that I think Hawkeye's way above now that people like. And yeah, Seinfield was a good person to have on board, so so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think it's a good one. So all right, So my first prediction will be we will go with we will get our first official date for Spider Man for this year. I'm not saying the title. We will get a date.
Speaker 2: I sure hope, I sure hope. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you're not, yeah, yeah we will. We will get a date. We will get a date this year.
Speaker 3: It will be sewn into Tom Holland's wedding suit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. Now again, I'll tell you what I mean. This movie has gone through so many different predictions, so many different rumors. There's multiverse, not multiverse female casts. They're coming the old ones are coming back. I mean, I don't know which way we're headed to this year, I mean in the set like where we're headed to with Spider Man four, you know, and anyone's guest at this point.
Speaker 2: And I bet we won't even know for a long time because remember when like Spider Man three was in production, they didn't announce the multiverse stuff for like we figured out because there's Scoopers and stuff, but they didn't officially say, hey, al fora Malina's back. Hey this is back, you know, like we had to wait till those first trads. But okay, what's the plot? Who's back? So yeah, I agree with you that I think we won't know. We'll just get a date, we'll see some set photos. We won't know much. But yeah, and that same thing, like you said, the rumors, I give up. I give up what it is because we've heard so much stuff about rewrites. Even this week. RpK said, Oh, Scorpion and Shocker, we're in the script and then there's writing. Yeah, he said that they were in this the latest draft. They were in there, but then there's been a rewrite. So it's like, okay, I'll just this is one that I've given up and I'll just take it. When we in some actual news.
Speaker 1: I'll even say, like the Scoopers themselves, they don't I'm sorry, you don't know what's going on? No, like really you don't.
Speaker 2: And for me, it's not like because I know some people like Brent was one of those people that he was done with the f forecasting, right like the rumors of the room mill I always like that. See I wasn't because I like, it's like free agency and sports. I'm like, okay, what would this speci to be like with read the Spider Man stuff. That's the one I'm like, I'm done on. I don't care about There's been too many rumors, too much of this and that. So that's where I've drawn the line until I get some official.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I absolutely believe no Spider Man rumors at this point at all, no matter who says it. I mean, Andrew Garfield can come out and say, you know, guys, I am going to be in the next one, I'm not going to believe a word she say. So anything Spider Man related, no anything else. I'm sitting here like sports like Adam Schefter has given me an update that someone just got traded or picked up. I'm here for all of that except for Spider Man, where I'm just like, doesn't count till it happens.
Speaker 1: Will you know what? I will believe those Spider Man wise, I believe that Sony's not making another movie for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe that. I believe Thomas and Day are in it. But but that's.
Speaker 1: The other thing I was gonna say is I know they're gonna make it, but that nothing else besides me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And but the other thing is too They're doing the Nolan movie, so I could also get someone in the way, Like obviously Zanda's were supposed to be small, but Thoms supposed to be the supporting characters. It's like there's so much stuff where It's like I could see something where the Spearman movie, I think it will get a date, but it I don't know. It's it's been weird.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So all right, David, all right, I haven't that at least one more original Avenger will be confirmed for Doomsday.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one. One.
Speaker 1: So one more Avenger, so we one more of the original Avengers.
Speaker 3: So I'm not going in game everyone's an Avenger. I'm going to originals.
Speaker 1: Steeve Steve, like Chris Evans have not officially been confirmed yet, correct, So are you counting that?
Speaker 3: I'm counting the fact that Chris Evans has not been officially confirmed yet.
Speaker 1: I just want to make sure. I just want to make sure we're be we're calling this as we see it. So the only official one that's come back officially is Tony Stark, you know, as doctor Doom.
Speaker 2: And that's what one I want to say. You definitely kind of took one of mine so fast. I had Chris Evans will be officially announced at the Avengers at Comic Con. It's different, But I don't want to do what I do with BRNT last year and lose a point. What I So you're just saying an original Avenger actor they don't have to be portraying the character that they played before, right, Like down, he's back, but he's not playing harm And you're just saying an actor has to be back, correct, Okay? I just want to make sure so next year we're not like oh what what? What was the semantics? So? Okay? Anyone? I agree, because even if it's not Evans, I think Scargoe's coming back. Who else to be rough? Yeah? And I think those are easy ones. But I think Scar, I think they're all going to be back now. I think it's one of these things that I know she said no, but how do you not when it's like everybody else is doing It's like, yeah, oh, you have a paycheck and have some fun.
Speaker 1: But she'll do it. She'll do it because she likes she likes the cast, she likes her friend. She'll do it for them. She's not gonna do it just because of Disney.
Speaker 2: Can you read all? I've not listened to it yet, but all right.
Speaker 1: On the Hot Mic Show. Latest rumor is that the early draft teamed up Spidey with Punisher to go after Crazy and longer intelligent.
Speaker 2: No longer intelligence, longer, he's long. Now, there's two ways. In my mind. I would absolutely love as also the com books, but the Spiderman animated show in the nineties. I'd love to see burn Thall and Holland. But that sounds I don't like that if that was the rumor of them taking down the Hulk, No, sir.
Speaker 1: Are they serious with that rumor? Are you kidding me? That's that's a thing now?
Speaker 3: Goodness gracious, yeah, I'm not buying that one. But if it does happen. Then, yes, throw back to the nineties. I want to see Bernhal in the blue punish her with the head band.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I get the van I love that.
Speaker 1: If I'm I'm playing you know the uh the Capca marvel on switch that punish your sideesco. Oh my gosh, I am living up my best life.
Speaker 2: It's a crazy game.
Speaker 1: It is gosh. I was so happy when I saw that included. That was an instant by when I saw that there. All right, so those are our first one. So next one, Travis, what's your second one?
Speaker 2: Did Brent send any in or no?
Speaker 1: No's he just wanted to She's gonna sit out this year.
Speaker 2: That's fine, I suppose, is right? Sounding like a chat GBT post credits set up? Absolutely, that sounds.
Speaker 1: Like, Now who is the who is the shadowy figure in the background for the post credit scene?
Speaker 2: Probably the leader with him looking with that weird hairy got's going on and everything.
Speaker 1: People are giving such crap to that, to that, and it's just like, what did you expect him to look like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, I don't like it because I don't. He's like, I know, the Leader has hair, it's you. It looks there's somebody looks odd. I need to wait to see the movie. But it's just something about look looks.
Speaker 1: Odd into comics, I know, but it just.
Speaker 2: Like it looks like it looks calm, it looks it looks like they didn't want to go full kombooky. Maybe it's also the regular street clothing as well. Right, it's it's weird stuff. So okay, that one came from Roca. Apparently it's okay, and disparage Roca I've had, We've had him on the challenge so so, but he's even said like he has sources, but they're not always that good. So and who knows? Honestly though, I'm not even gonna say he's wrong, because how many other Scoopers have thrown out so many different plots between multiferent street level ghost Rider my face like it feels like there's just like a picture and for Spider Man four, and they're like, well what about this? What about this? So yeah, who knows? Okay, So I'm gonna take another easy one. I got a couple of crazy ones, don't worry, but I'm gonna take another easy one. I'm gonna say there's gonna be no billion dollar MCU movie. I did this prediction in twenty twenty three and I got that right, and I'm gonna do it again.
Speaker 1: I've got a caveat to that, so mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I have that so yeah. Also, we got Thunderbolts. That's a no for me. Cap that's no. The only one that could break through is maybe F four if it's super crazy. You got Downy, and Downy is like the billion dollar machine, right, you put him in a movie, you get that hype. So I that's the only one I think could. But again, July is very busy. But maybe there's a or a Barberheimer. Right, maybe that Jurassic World and Superman just make mucho bucco. So but I'm still gonna say no. I F four to me, I've said this a couple of times. I feel like us as the geek community really prop up F four. But if you look at the other movies, yeah, they don't. They've not done that well. I think this one's great because you got Pedro, who is very hot. Right now, you got Joseph Quinn. I think this will not be a bomb. I think it could make I'm thinking six to seven hundred, but I think people thinking, Oh, it's the F four. People have been waiting for this. No, that's the X Men F four. I don't think people care about that.
Speaker 1: So now now to your point of being that do you think out of those three, which one is gonna be the big mind? You think it's fantastic four Thunderbolts, because I think all of us are on the kind of same page that we think Captain America is gonna be the quote unquote we'll put that bomb, but in the one the last place in a sense of money to made.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm back and forth on f War's definitely one. It's tough with me for Thunderbolts because at least with cap it's like you do got Harrison Ford. I think then showing the Red Hulk has been smart, Like, I think that will get people going. I just wander thunder because what I hear I look at Thunderbolts and I'm like, man, I'm so excited about his roster, whether it's real people, whether it's times you and may have been on the vodka stream. I feel like I hear so many times about the Thunderbolts, like I don't give a shit about any of these characters. So I'm actually thinking it's in that May slot. But I think right now I'm currently f four Cap and Thunderbolts because Thunderbolts doesn't have a Hulk to show off, they don't have Harrison Ford to show off, they don't have that that thing. There hasn't been a Marvel film since dead Pool, Will Ren, I'm not, I guess MCU sorry Phantom three, but and honestly, I could both see Thunderbolts and Caps also doing like four hundred million calling the day, you know. So that's my ficial prediction, no billion dollar MCU movie this year.
Speaker 1: What do you think, David, What's what's kind of your order ranking?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to agree with that. I think the thing that for again us in the community fantastic for we want it to do well. We're hoping it does well. I think one of the things going against it though, is the kind of even though it has a futuristic, it still has that throwback feel it does. It's aesthetic wise, it's not a grabber.
Speaker 2: It's not something that.
Speaker 3: That makes you go, I need to see this. This is going to be a big deal and for us, like again Galacti, stat's a big deal. But for the common person, I already know once this trailer drops, I'm going to start getting text messages about who is this? Who is this?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 3: And so you know, I can try and hype it up, but I don't think that it's going to have enough hype to cross it over that billion dollar threshold. Same thing with Thunderbolts. It's it's something that, again, we care about these characters, like I like Red Guardian, everyone loves Bucky like You've got the characters there, but it's not a grabber. It's not something that's gonna make you just want to go see it. And then Captain America. I'm gonna touch on that with something later. So everything has its reason. But yeah, I don't think that there's gonna be a billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think here here's they put Captain America where it was because it's February. It's not a big money maker month. They can own it. They could probably do it just because it's there. But there, I think. I I'm looking forward to it, but I think the story is gonna be a mess. Unfortunately. I think it's it's I don't want to be a mess, but I'm just getting this feeling like, and it's not because the contant rewrites. The rewrites sometimes you do. It's just like there's been so many wholesale changes. I'm very concerned about how this is all gonna put together.
Speaker 3: They lost the wrestling community because they cut my boy South.
Speaker 2: Rallins well, And that doesn't mean it's not a hit, right because like Jurassic World Tonight, which is a super mess and that's a billion dollar movie. But I agree, like with the Mary's bringing out there too. I do. I like Anthony Mackie a lot, but I agree that I don't think he is a draw in the sense that he can carry a movie. I think that's why that was smart to go to Harrison Ford. But as much as I love Harrison Ford, he's not the biggest draw either. Right because Indiana Jones, I'm with you, Chris, Like I liked that last movie a lot, but it lost him a lot of money, right, say what it is people didn't care. At least this generation didn't feel I got to go out to see Harrison Ford. So that's that's a tough thing. But and that's the thing I think with superhero movies now more than ever, it is do I have to see this, especially when you can get superhero stuff on Max, you can get it on Disney. Plus, it will be hey, do I need to see this? I think a lot of the GA might go Eh. I know, I can wait a couple months. I'll watch Falcon Wear Soldier again and then I'll go from there. So I really don't know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's it's one of those things where with everyone, I think Fantastic four it's going to be the top at that point. I do agree with your prediction. I don't think there's going to be one single billion dollar obviously Fantastic far as it be the much, but they did they were smart about who they cast for those pearls because that again I brought it up last week on the vodka stream, like DEMI putting those people in Dune Part two, that was on purpose, Like when you cast those people for Doune. At that point, it's to get people in the seats because you like those people. So that's the first thing. I think that first trailer that I still hold into that will drop at the super Bowl. I think they're going to see these texts is going to keep that kind of train going Thunderbolts. That was interesting in the sense of, you know, they putting it as the opening into the summer and not Fantastic four, and putting Fantastic four kind of where it's become kind of the new kind of July is now the new summer blockbuster kind of area. That says to me, they have a lot more faith in that then needs to be. And I think a lot of it's going to come down to the character interactions. It's not to your point, we don't really care about them as characters, but I'm looking forward to the dynamics of those of the interaction and that's what's really and I think that's going to be a more interesting story to see exactly that front of notes. But yeah, I'm with you on that, and I'm with you. I don't think that any of those is gonna be a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: So and I can't wait for the first half an hour from the Kill task Master as well.
Speaker 1: I'll mention the new slip knot, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't have them my predictions, but take that as a non prediction that task Master is a goner in that movie.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, So I will go with my next one will be We will get no official word about the MCUs X who the ncus X men will be this year, No mcux men announcements. They're still holding that close suggests because again I think that they have learned their lessons from the Chapiic era. We are not going to make huge announcements too far out that we can't control. And Foggy has gone on record many times that's saying post Secret Wars is the era.
Speaker 2: Of X Men. Okay, I will I think I'll agree in the way you phrase it. I have another prediction coming up that's touches upon that, but it's something different on the other side. So I agree that. Yeah, I don't think you get the whole cast or anything, but there is rumors. Obviously they're talking to directors and actors now, so but I don't think they'll announce it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm talking about like cast and everything like that, Like we can talk about like directors like things like that, but no actors. Nothing about like who that MCU's X men cast will be. And no, we're not counting you know, Beasts. We know Beasts is going to return at that point. We're not count of Wolverine. We're talking the MCUs official X men. So what do you think, David.
Speaker 3: I've already had a factor of fiction on this a couple of weeks ago. But you know what I am, I'm inclined to agree. I don't want it. I do want something. I want to start putting a face to when I say Cyclice was right, but I don't think it's gonna happen wrong.
Speaker 2: That is wrong.
Speaker 1: Despite what Brent sent me this week about some comics he's reading, at that point, I sent him the back work because Jean said it wrong. That counts more.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: All right, David, you're up? All right?
Speaker 3: Uh, since we've already touched on it, Captain America Brave New World will be the lowest grossing Captain America movie. So that is under three hundred and seventy point six million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a tough one. I looked at that because that first cap is pretty low. Because to me, if if that is, if that happens, I do hope Peop don't want to say this, but they will. The faith they have in Makia is Captain America will be gone. And I do think you'll whenever we'd get Phase seven or whatever, you'll get see Rogers back, whether Chris Evans is playing him or not. I think they'll write or they'll just leave the Captain America character for a loan for a bit, or he'll just be a team like a team member. So I'm gonna say, well, it's not factor fiction. I think it will be four hundred plus. I don't think it's gonna happen, but it's not out of around possibility. Sadly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see it being under five hundred million. I don't know for that one, but I don't see it necessary. That's not too far off from the possibility. But I think it's it'll be lowest performing. I don't know if it's gonna make it to half a billion.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now, the one thing it does have going in its favor is inflation, because you know, yes, the original Captain America ticket prices are way more. But I also think with the current political climate and black Captain America, you are going to have some people who don't see it just because it is Anthony McKie as Captain America that not my Captain America. Crowd will stand up and will go against this. You'll hear the all they're going woke here they are trying to change and race swap Captain America, not knowing that this has been years and years of common continuity that they're gonna ignore for the sake of their own racism for you all, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: Well, and even then to the extent of the other side, I think there's people that might just not like I don't want like a new person's cap like not the best, like the assholes, just like I like Chris Evans, and I don't need like a like a side character being that, you know, And that's the thing where it has a lot going against. I think that's why they're trying to really go on the Red hulkness of it all. But yeah, I'm very curious how that goes because I think in February they don't have much. So if it's even at least just like a decent movie, it could have some legs. But hey, last time was the last I could be wrong. I think I'm right. The last movie they had in February was Quantmedia, right, I think that's yeah, all right, Yeah, so I'm just saying that there's there's We've been here before.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, So wrap it back around. So number three, your third prediction.
Speaker 2: Travis, Okay, I'm going for my last kind of gimme easy one here. I'm gonna say that there'll be no official announcement Hugh Jackman returning to the MCU. I'm saying this because there's been talks about Doomsday, talk about Secret Wars. That could be something where hey, at Comic Con we don't have much. Uh, let's walk Q one stage and have them have a face off with Downy and be like, this is what's coming up. But I'm gonna say that's not yet. I think Downy, I think Hugh Jackman is gonna be in Doomsday, but I think it's gonna be in like a post credit or like a yeah tease to the next one. That's your surprise. And then for Secret Wars, then he's on the posters. I've said this since the beginning of Geek First, a two billion dollar movie by itself is just Downing on one side of a poster and Hugh Jackman, and now Downy's a bad guy. You can have those two face and off. That is a huge thing. Along with you could get Evans and Toby. But I think you yeah, I think to me, Hugh and Downey when I think about the mount Rushmore of comic castings though for Marvel especially though that's one and two to me that they led their generations. Told me not as much because Hugh did it for so Hugh and Downey did it for so long, right, So that's one A one B of like the top dog they're rocking Austin to refer the gimmick, you know, like they are cut from that cloth. So that's where. But I'll say, no official announcement Hugh j Acman yet, but it's it's always possible again, bad news day, some controversy. Hey, let's just put out hughes in it and everyone will be happy, right, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think, David, I'm inclined to agree. Again, it's one of those you know, it's happening, so unless they just need to pull that card out for whatever reason again like we've got nothing going on, we have no talking points, or we need to cover up something else that's going on. More controversies coming out with you know, writers on certain movies or Blake gets pushed back again, Hey we need some good news remember this.
Speaker 2: Guy, or even like F four bombs, like let's say comes out and kills and let's say F four comes out and it's like Quantumni and they're like, fuck, we gotta get people really excited. That's push the out right now, you know.
Speaker 1: And I'm with you at that point. I think that's people love you, people love Ryan Reynolds say they love the characters at this point. But I think there's somebody to be said where if you keep it, keep it there when it doesn't need to be in the zeitgeist, when it doesn't have to be there, it ruins the excitement and the the the pull of oh, I can't wait to when it's next. We all know it's coming. We're all pretty faithful it's coming. We don't need to be told like it'll be one of those Oh I'm glad it's here, but we all knew it was coming. It's not going to land as well as when we actually find oh god, he was coming back in Deadpool like that blew the internet down at that point. That's not going to land as well. Yeah, so yeah, I'm with you on that one. All right. My next one, well, telling to what Travis said for his billion dollars, So I'm going to say the collective box office of the MCU this year will reach a billion dollars. But to your point, there will not be a billion dollar movie this year. Okay, so all three movies collectively will give the MCU a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: I think you're right on that one. I think the only worries if you get to like if David's predictions right off, like Cat being under three.
Speaker 1: Seventy, then another I said it behind you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think F four to me at least is going to hit six hundred. That's my goal post. Like people might have bigger stuffy f word to me, as I said, is not as big. So if you can get three hundred, you just need the other two to perform some reason you can get there. So I think it will be a billion. If it's not, that's another like twenty twenty three a bad year. We got to reshuffle some stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, I'm I'm gonna have to agree with that. I have a feeling that Fantastic four minimum is going to make at least half a billion. I'm thinking somewhere in the six fifty range. I don't think that, while I do think Brave New World is not going to make as much as the original cap even if it's stalls out at three point thirty and you're still going to get a good chance. And then when it comes to Thunderbolts, I have a feeling that even though a lot of people don't know that Thunderbolts know of them, they're still going to make more than what the Marvels made, which was two seventy five.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 3: So as long as they make more than that, your your golden on that I think that you were clear a billion between the three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be, it'll be. It'll be interesting to see that. But you're right when it comes down to it. The way, if if somehow, like we're saying, if if Captain America Brave New World overperforms, it gets anywhere close to five hundred million, that's happening. It's it's it's that that'll happen. Thunderbolts could be the end up being the underperformer in as long as Fantastic four comes over five hundred, then they clear a billion. So all right, uh, David, you're fourth.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Uh My next one is that, yeah, I was about to say thirty. My next one is that we will get a full look at the champions lineup Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So you're saying official Champions announcement.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm a fifty to fifty on that one. I could see them doing that at Comic Con. But then at the same time, in my prediction of Hawkeye too, I wonder if they would wait, but I could still see them doing that, So I'm I'm fifty to fifty on I think it's I think it's a possibility, but I I'd have to see like the timing of that, and I'll too if they don't want to worry of one stepping on the other's toe, or if they really want to link the projects. So I'm not sure, but I'm fifty to fifty on that I could see it happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this will tie into probably what I'm gonna do next. From my exprediction at that point, it doesn't specially a revolver around Champions. But considering that rumors in the last couple of weeks have really started picking up on that they've not I think this week was like they pretty much have signed most of the cast. Yeah, and in principle, and then I guess what was a writer or director is now pretty much a yeah, that's signing a deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're in final talks. Is what I last saw.
Speaker 1: Rumored for which one writer or director for director director? Okay, so and then we know it's going to be right now. Rumor has it pretty solid and it's gonna be a series. So yeah, it would be a good sec thing, you know, just in the sense of you've got a new generation of just coming in at that point and for not talking venders. But it's just it's something to build on the platform, something interesting, something a little different. You know. We've heard all these different rumors of different Disney Plus shows that are green light and things like that, including Nova. So but yeah, I'm a little more than fifty to fifty on it, but I think there's a strong possibility for it. So all right, so number four, Actually, let's take our last let's not the last. Let's take our next ad break before we do our last two. So listeners need ad to help get the light time the Gee Cultimate Aliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come on. Could be a bit loud, give it a three count before they come on three two one, We'll be right back, all right, and we are back all right, Going to number four, Travis.
Speaker 2: All right, So the first three I think obviously they could happen, could not happen, but I feel like they're more in the realm of like, Okay, no billion dollar MC movie, sure Hawk, I've heard rumors. God, what was the other one? I said here? Oh no, Hugh like, these are ones that I think are plausible. So now these lasts, so'll get a bit more more I'm not saying crazy, but a bit more risky. So I'm gonna go the opposite side of the Hugh Jackman. I'm gonna say that in twenty twenty five, Andrew Garfield will be officially announced to be in Spider Man four, because I think if it does happen, I think there's no point this go around of doing the same thing again where let's hide them. It's like, no, you did that already. This is the time where you put them on the posters. You have Tom and and you do hot ones together like all the stuff we said that are.
Speaker 1: We gonna get bearded looking GQ like, sure, do what you want, like the ladies.
Speaker 2: He can do the ultimate Spider Man Peter Parker like, do that give him that storyline? Maybe he lose powers whatever, But I think this go around, and we have heard some rumors. Obviously, I guess we're hearing rumors about push Sure and Hull, but we had heard some rumors about a month ago that they were which I thought was dumb. The idea was that they wanted this to be similar to Deadpoome Wolverine, that they wanted to feel like it was a team up movie. Right, Well, that was No Way Home. That was a team up movie. But I think what they mean is from the get go where it is posters of Tom with somebody, and I think there's a whole slew of promotion that they missed out on. And I'm fine because they were successful. They were bigue and everything like that with No Way Home. But I've always said this that there's so much stuff you could do with them on the lead up to that movie that would be tons of fun. And I think it would be something new and maybe this is the set up secret Wars or whatever. And we've heard people say that Garfield, the Garfield stuff, has come up more than totalby coming back, I think he's more likely. So I'm gonna say Garfield will be officially announced for Spider Man, for Washman Gets Screwed. Them just announced with Secret Wars. But I'm gonna say it is gonna end up being more multiverse stuff and Garfield's gonna come back, and I think it will be a similar maybe not a two hander, but to Deadpool and Wolverine, ish of those two doing something.
Speaker 1: So with your thoughts, David, it's a risky, but.
Speaker 3: It is risky. It is risky, and I I want I want to see Garfield returning. I definitely. I mean, I love the guy. I think that just his entire personality and things like that. I love him getting a resurgence with this character because I mean, realistically, Amazing Spider Man two was not a good movie, but he was good as Spider Man. Like the faults that I have with Amazing Spider Man had zero to do with him. It was everything else with that movie. So how its frisky, I'm I'm gonna go with you. I'm gonna give it to you.
Speaker 1: I will say this, like if you have not seen We Live in Time, outstanding movie. Garfield and Pugh do an amazing job together. Been and Andrew Garfield fan since the first s on the screen. Love them as Spider Man and you know, getting his his moment given back to him and No Way Home is I think if I believe yes, if we're going multiverse, yes, Andrew's coming back. I think they're going to not be secretive about that. I just don't think they're going to do it this early. I think they will announce it. I just don't think it's going to be this year.
Speaker 2: Could be December thirtieth to that.
Speaker 1: Fine, when you still went out, you will still win out. I'd find the heart wants it. I just know Sony is going to do what Sony does, yeah, and just make dumb decisions in the sense of like how they're going to do things. And I just think that right now they're going to just hold it a little bit closer. But I think that they're not going to pull No Way Home and try to like him being the werewolf and denying it up and down. I think they're going to be a little bit and this says a lot smarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Which also had screwed me too, is that they might just film, we might get delayed and stuff like that right where it happens, but it doesn't happen this year. But that's what I said. I'm gonna make a wild one. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so all right, so my next one bitting between the two. All right, a playoff of what I did last year. But I think it's finally gonna happen. We will see the beginnings of our new Avengers lineup starting this year. It'll actually to test before we haven't eve gotten the Avengers line up. I think we're gonna start seeing the Avengers line up start happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's see, how do we how do we are they? How would you define this is officially? Because if is it just like thor popping up in a Captain America and we'd be like, hey, cab or is it officially them saying like the word Avengers or I.
Speaker 1: Think in the sense of like stay for I'll use this as example. I'm not saying that this is what's gonna hold on this particular one, but say like we get to Brave New War World and we get post credits or something to the effect of him starting to recruit someone to didn't make an Avengers team.
Speaker 2: I would accept that because also too, they have Harrison for in the tray. They're talking about setting the Avengers back up right as like a government pro No I think we want to.
Speaker 1: America an official part of the US government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then to get the Avengers back going. So yeah, I could say I hope, I hope just even a couple. I hope even a couple. I know people are gonna say, oh, well, you know Avengers one, we didn't you know, they didn't announce that before. Yeah, but there was only four, like four characters. We knew who they were gonna be in this. We've got a Moonnight, We've got a Sheet Halt, there's Daredevil, there's cap Thorists around like, there is literally dozens of characters. You could make a case that star Lord could be an Avenger he's on Earth. Like, there's so many characters. That's why I think there should be more clear definition.
Speaker 1: He just recruits Joaquin, Yeah, Falcon to it. I mean I still counts there were still forming it. I'm not saying they're gonna three out of five. No, I'm not going that that crazy. I'm just saying we're finally gonna see the start of our new Avengers on it. Because again, I think it is going to be the most ridiculous thing that when we get if we get to Avengers Doomsday and that's when we see our first Avengers. That is just another black mark on this whole three three sog three phase thing that we have yet to see Avengers in the first time we see any formation of them is Avengers Doomsday. That's ridiculous and that and that's a big mistake on Fike's part, and.
Speaker 2: I think a big mistake from everybody that I know. People said, all, that's the way things are, but to make the Avengers always though, oh, this is the movie that has forty to sixty characters. That should be the case, because now every time we do Avengers movies, that's what's gonna happen. Then I would love it if they pull the Age of Ultron where the end credit is him with multiple characters. I think that would be fantastic and be really hyped. But I'm not gonna hold my breath, but I'll say you're right, I think so. I think with Ford said talk saying the word Avengers, you got to give us something, even just a member, you know, but this be the start one. Yeah, And I would say to them, you could do jokin, but I would say make it a big Avenger like go ghosts and who is that? I don't know. Before I was a Captain Marvel, I don't think she's a big Avenger. More black Panther, we'll tuple layer. We don't even know what's going on there. I don't even know who is a big character now for me, it's it sounds weird, but it's like Hemsworth's the War, like get him back in there. Yeah, who knows.
Speaker 1: So, David, I know you had some internet troubles. My prediction was that we will see the New Avengers start forming this year, and kind of my qualification for that as being like the example being the like post credit scene or at the end of Brave New World, he's like, for instance, he makes his first recruit let's just call it Joaquin the New Falcon is saying you're I'm forming the New Avengers or my first recruit.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go and agree with you on that one, because I did have that as one of my backups, because like I had my I had two backups just in case, and that was one of my backups that we would see a formation of the New Avengers. So I'm gonna have to be inclined to agree with you again who that is going to be. I don't know. I I did originally think like you guys were talking about Chris Himsworth's Thor coming in in a post credit one of the originals coming into basically Christen Anthony Mackie's Captain America as mac give give him the rub and say, I view us Captain America as well, so everyone else will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's why I've never understood with the they're just rumors and the thing has changed. But I never understood with almost every line up rumor. We got a rumored lineup was all new people, and I thought, to me, like, you gotta go the Ultimate Event or the new Avengers route where you do a mix cap and ironmn stuck around, but then you had Spidey and you had Luke Cage Like, it's to me, I think that hurts the audience of Oh, it's everybody knew because get Banner back on there, get the war back on. You know, It's just I think they they need that. But now who knows what doomsday. I think it's just another Infinity War where it is thirty different characters.
Speaker 1: And even if you look at you know, Jed McKay's current run of Avengers, at that point you have Black Panther. You have Captain Marvel leading the team. You have Captain America Sam Wilson on it, like you have iterations Scarlett Witch visions on it. You have like people who have maybe not been an original member of the Avengers, but they've been Avengers at some point. So it's not an entirely kind of hard thing. You have to have legacy, but you also have some new blood there, so you're right.
Speaker 2: There, even scar which like the prominent Avengers member. Right, it's one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think anyone Civil War era and before counts for me as a prominent Avenger. Now, yeah, once you start getting into end game, it gets a little bit muddy with everyone just coming together. But I think if if you're counting anyone Avenger, yeah from the uh from Civil War timeline beforehand, I think that those should all count as prominent Avengers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, what's your fourth one, David?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Fourth one is two cast members from the Defenders series will make an appearance in Daredevil. Now that's not just the Defenders themselves, the four of them, but also it could be your sidekicks. It could be miss denied, you could get the daughter the ones.
Speaker 1: We have not officially heard from like, we're not counting Burenthal. Correct defend well he wasn't a Defender anyways, so correct.
Speaker 3: But you could get a Luke Cage cameo. You could get Jessica Jones, you could get a Misty Knight, you could get a Colleen Wing. You you know, so many different options there. But somebody from the Defenders.
Speaker 1: Don't give me hope about Colleen Wing. Come on, man, don't give me that hope. I like it. We've heard rumors in the sense of like they're they're they're doing right by my I could see so you said you just said two. You said two. Yep, Okay, I I would like it. I think there's a strong possibility. I'd say we get one out of o. We're getting too. I think there will save Maybe we'll get like some kind of cool cameo in the first season and they're gonna save something for the next season. They're getting ready to start filming.
Speaker 2: So for me, what a character like Turk count?
Speaker 3: Yes, because Turk was Turk was prominent, Turk was a thread throughout Turk would count.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say true. I mean, I'm gonna say yes because I think it's gonna be characters like that. I know overyone jumps. Oh it would be you know, Luke Cage or Jessica Jones. I don't even think Jessica Jones could be one.
Speaker 1: Even if it's a small humor to be a part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right. We heard those rumors that she was supposed to have a bigger role and then I got reduced. But she still might be in it.
Speaker 1: But I think you could be an echo too.
Speaker 2: Right, I forgot about that. So you could see Turk, you could see some other you said, Missy Knight, some other side character like that. There's that character that remember Karen used to work for the publisher of uh whatever. The it wasn't Daily Bugle because I couldn't say it, but remember he was the white ball guy who has been York's boss. Yeah. Yeah, Like, I think you could see multiple people like that where it's like there's a scene or something you're.
Speaker 1: Saying all that. Yeah, especially those side I think, Yeah, you've convinced me. I think I think there's definitely there's there's too many ones that that could be there. Yeah, Mari's got a good point there too.
Speaker 2: Claire, Yeah, easy one. Even though I don't think she'd have like a side supporting rolling Shit of the other ones. But I think that she could just an appearance something like that.
Speaker 3: So I would never turn down for Zario Dawson.
Speaker 1: So yes, I'm already in the family. It's an easy call, all right. Mario also says some curious how, if at all, the Guardians will be brought back into the Fold.
Speaker 2: I really don't like the other than Peter, which is easy. He's on Earth, right, He's on Earth.
Speaker 1: Coming back right, Starlo World Lord.
Speaker 2: Easy thing. He's hanging out his grandpa and attack happens where he lives that he's back in the Fold, right, Like he's an easy one. The rest, I think it's just gonna be like Endgame or in Finny War, where there's like a mission in their kind of a side, like not to be mean, but like the Guardians, the Guardians that are the actual Guardians of Galaxy kind of suck now, Like it's like Adam, It's like Adam wool Warlock, it's Cosmo, it's what, it's Kraglin, it's isn't there a kid now? They can do something with their mind.
Speaker 1: Like they're not our child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like I'm not saying that for us, like I'm saying the GA. I think they're clamming for people like Amantis Nedla, and they'll just find a way. Batista's not coming back, he's done, especially the way he's slimmed down, like he's not bulking back up to be fight down in a CGI room. So I think, really it's just gonna be star Lord. And I say, star Lord, I guess you still out. So I think they'll be just in those are CGI characters. There's a mission there, in a battle, that's it. I think it's mostly star Lord.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, so last ones.
Speaker 2: It's my last one. Okay. So this is where I agreed with what Chris said, but I had something similar about it in the X Men realm, so I don't really know where, but it's stuff like when we got the Marvels, we do not pin that, Oh we're gonna see Kelsey grounds beasts in the end credits, right, it was very random.
Speaker 1: Biggest surprises I think of that year.
Speaker 2: Yes, So what I'm gonna say is we will see another X Men and or Mutant in a live action project this year. I'm saying live action because animation very easy. Like they did with what oh Storm's there. It's like, I don't want that in Friendly Neighborhood or Marvel Zombies. I'm saying live action, I'm saying mutant or x Men. So I guess technically a Miss Marvel pops up in something. I get the point because she is a mutant. But that's what I'm saying is I don't know where it would be because obviously and cap you have adam Antian. So maybe something happens there Fantastic four. If that isn't another universe, maybe there is a different Egg Xavier or something there. I don't know. Thunderbolts, I don't think so, but again, maybe there's some random mutant they show we're talking about.
Speaker 1: So depending on timeline, depending on where Thunderbolts falls in the timeline compared to Captain America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's what I'm saying is an X Men slash mutant will appear in a live action project this year. That's what I'm saying. That's another wild one. Man, I'm not sure, but.
Speaker 1: And ungraded ungraded to be like putting these ungraded ones on there. If they do, do we hear the no no, no, no, No, No, like they've like thrown in there.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I thought we would have because they did it for Miss Marvel, but they never did it again for any other.
Speaker 1: They didn't do for Beast.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 1: We all knew what we're talking about here.
Speaker 2: Exavier didn't get a Multiverse of Madness. They didn't go anywhere near that dead Boel Wolverine, So.
Speaker 1: Didn't they know. I think they did for Multiverse Madness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Multiverse and Madness got one yet when they introduced it, Yeah, and Storm got one in what.
Speaker 1: If in the chat you can hopefully check us on that. I'm gonna say. Fact, I'm gonna say I'm gonna agree with you because I think there is to the point of there. I'm fine with them building towards it and the idea that you already know mutes exist. We already think like we can. They can make a throwaway line and and have someone come up on screen. They can even refer to the weapon X program, you know, something that they're gonna do. Favor definitely did in Multiverse.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, so there you go. It was I think it's in a different quarter tune though, right it wasn't the same as miss Marvel. But yeah, that's why I'm not recognized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there is a strong possibility because even fig you said, like we're building towards it, we're gonna get hints hints at what the future is, and the future is the X Men.
Speaker 2: So yeah, And like I said, I think if it gets confirmed the F four movie is take place at any point in a different multiverse, I think I could easily get something there, like what happens if I don't think it is. But let's say Beast and his X Men. What if that's the universe that the F four comes from, right, Like, that's where I think you could get something because now they're they're doing that type of stuff. So I that's that's I'm not hoping it doesn't matter, but that's that's where I'm going with a more wild one.
Speaker 3: So yeah, ah yeah, I'm gonna have to rock with that one. Oh Okay, I I don't want to because that's closer to a chance that you could get all of your points.
Speaker 1: That has nothing to do with whether you get.
Speaker 3: Especially I don't, but no, I I definitely all all that seems super super plausible.
Speaker 2: And like I said, if the Beast thing didn't happen. Maybe I wouldn't, but there's plausible for just a random appearance because the beast one who knows where that's going, right, But it happened.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, So my last one, I'm gonna go so a little more specific, taking what I did last year but going to more specific. No, I got wrecked with it and Travis doesn't like losing two half points. I'm gonna bring back that, but I'm gonna be more specific with it this year. So hall H this year. This year, when it came down to it, let's just be honest, they didn't bring too much to hall H. You know they they really didn't bring anything new, like huge new outside of the the Robert Downey to do which was huge news and the name Dosday, m Marcus and mcphily like it. There are a lot of stuff like saying, okay because if they didn't have that, it really wasn't the panel like it. Really it was just Downy and Doomsday, Marcus mcphilly being officially coming back, not Marcus m philly, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, so this is I think this is the year We're not gonna get a whole slate, but we're gonna get a little more with announcements. So I they will officially reveal one new MCU movie and one new Disney Plus show. They're tying into the idea of the Champions or stuff like that. I think they since there's no D twenty three this year, I think, like I said, brought up like we don't know outside of a Avengers Doomsday of Avengers Secret Wars, we don't have much officially left. We know Spider Man, but again that's we know. We don't have a lot. So I think they're gonna be forced to kind of show something on either platform. In this case, I'm saying both platforms, one from both platforms that they're gonna they're gonna put out there of it and not saying a whole slate. They can still keep that close to this, but they will be revealing one new movie and one new Disney Plus show.
Speaker 2: I agree, and it has to be none that are name changed, but I agree, yes.
Speaker 1: I will now put that out there, no name changes. I don't think. I don't think. I think I'm safe on that one.
Speaker 2: But I think it will happen because, like we said, if there is some slots in the movies for next year. I think we said, you know, thor Duc Strange maybe, and I think Disney Plus for sure. So I agree on that one that I think too broad, and that's like not too much. I think they they did a regression where they announced a lot and then it was too much. So it's like, let's not announce anything. I think it's so fun to announce something just I think that's a good balance of Okay, one show, one movie that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm inclined to agree as well. The Disney Plus one I pretty much thought was guaranteed going to happen anyway, so now it's just throw in another movie on the slate. So I am I'm confident that that will happen in that could actually lead into my last one.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So you even think about like this too. When STEC happens, there's no more Marvel movies that year. There's nothing to get hyped for Marvel movie wise at that point, so they have to All they have is what's left with Disney Plus, and let's be honest, that's not necessarily hyping as much as they want with the general audience. The movies are what hypes the people, so they've got to start hyping the next year, and Avengers Doomsday is not going to be the only thing they need to hype them with.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying there's nothing, but I think the I'll maybe this isn't too small. I'll say there's fifteen percent of stuff they could announce for Disney Plus. It would maybe get people to subscribe or check it out. I don't know if there's anything they're willing to like. Of course, if I said, hey, we're doing an X Men movie that's all on Disney Plus, sure, but that's I mean, like realistic stuff that they would actually do on there. I think they've gone and everyone they pretty much can. I think there's some people, like you know that are hardcores with Daryed Devil will come back for that. But I think there's nothing out. It's just like, okay, let's keep those people happy. I don't think there is that big project where Okay, what could we announce. So, like you said, the Disney Plus thing, it helps fuel the machine, helps probably going, but that's not the main We've learned. That's not the main thing unless they maybe also here's the other part of the fifteen percent, get a a penguin or something like that that is critically acclaimed. But I don't think Marvel not trying to be mean. But I don't think they are doing that right now. I don't think they're looking for where's our showgun, where's our Game of Thrones. I think they just go, how can this get us to the next big movie?
Speaker 1: You know some of the criticism that they have at that point. So all right, David, your last one.
Speaker 3: All right, my last one is piggybacking off of your a movie. A new movie will be announced. Not only will a new movie be announced, but that movie will replace Blade. Blade is going to be officially taken off the slate and replaced by something else slate like official, like never gonna happen. Oh we are, we are done, and here's what we're doing. Instead, I feel like they are going to announce something different, and they will. You can even go as far as to say they will announce something with mahersha Ali and the Blade character. But Blade itself is not getting a movie.
Speaker 2: See that I can see. That's the only way I can see. Because I don't think they'll ever use the word canceled.
Speaker 1: I think they'll they're gonna they don't want to have that thing that they've never canceled something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the only one I would see is that they're say, hey, we're you know, right now, we're gonna put on a pause on Blade. But don't worry Mershalie is in Midnight Suns and they get people excited that way. But that's where I could see them announcing a new movie to take I guess it'd be different to if Blade gets dated again. So I'm like, I'm like a fifty I'm I think there will be a new movie announced that would hypothetically take the spot that Blade had, But I don't think they'll ever outright say it's been canceled. That's where all go on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's an interesting thing. But yeah, I think they're they're gonna hold that one to make sure that. I think they want to keep the idea of Blade being a thing because we want it to be a thing. I want it. Even though I joke around it's a fake movie, I think that it's it's a character that deserves a new new, a new rebirth. At that point, thanks to Wesley's Snipe's giving it the birth rebirth that deserves.
Speaker 2: I guess the only way they would say canceled is I don't think he would ever do that. But if an interview of Off the Cuff, Oh yeah, the only way if Off the Cuff, if mahershaw Lee used that furver she said, yeah, that's canceled. I'm not doing anymore. And if they had to respond to it, sure, which you know, who knows, maybe you'll get upset about me, like I've been to I've been cast for five years and I've done I haven't watched it. Does he have a voice in the what if? Season? Is he therever?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Or is that Marvel Zombies coming up? Because he has Yeah, I think he has a voice, come up Someway Zombies. Okay, so we haven't got that yet. So he's what done Marvel Zombies and a line and eternals like it is time to get As I've said before, even if you have to abandon the Blade movie and just put him in Avengers, just do that for now, Just get just get the man on screen so that at least like yeah, like and then peopill see him be like, oh I need this movie and then there's even more fuel that fire.
Speaker 3: But you know, I could see Marshal Awe straight up saying Blade was canceled, but I'm still going to be Blade in the MCU. Like. I don't know what that will look like, whether it be Midnight Suns or just you know, a scene in Doomsday or Secret Wars, but I think it is going to be just it's going to be canceled.
Speaker 1: Well, we will see, but those are our predictions at that point. We will for Factor fiction this week. Each one of us are just going to pick one of ours to put out for Factor Fiction this week, and basically every one of these is a Factor fiction when it comes down to it. So but yeah, so I think every everyone of we didn't have anyone that uh, you know, we we we wrecked David backups at that point, but at least you got at least you didn't have to go to them.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's we didn't have a repeat of a kind of like last year with Brent and Travis at that point. So we will hold off and see exactly how well how well we all perform at this point, and see we'll revisit this in a year, gentlemen, to see exactly what happened and cheer when during the year when we get these right or wrong. So yeah, all right, so let us since there was no news this week, so it was a good time for us to do this and let us move on to feedback. At that point, we did got some stuff, So Dave, I'm gonna pull it back to fictions from last week and you lead us into the questions right now. I pulled those up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: So we put out the call as per usual, and we got some feedback and said, so let's see here. First one from Anthony Dorsey. Now that what if is over? What would you like to see in a new in CU canon show?
Speaker 2: So wait a second, ms, you wouldn't that just be like Ironheart, Like that's gonna mean the Mu Cannon show, right?
Speaker 3: Or is he saying like another My guess is he's saying what type of new show to be announced or to come out that is going to be part of the NCU can and something that hasn't been already like Ironheart or Eyes of Wakanda.
Speaker 1: Okay, because this one I just completely new. I mean, I know Mari's question is going to be kind of similar in that sense, because I want to say one thing, but I want to say it for Omari's at that point.
Speaker 2: Completely new, so this is long term, because he didn't say, yeah, this long term. I would love them to have And some people might argue it might dilute the brand, but I think there's a way you do it. I would when we get to the Mune saga, I would love a show about being a youngster, and it could even be animated, but being a young students, not the students, And I know some people probably think that's lame, but I would want a type of even if it's an anthology of lower tier X Men, but just like classes, just what they do in the school. Because I know, Chris, you're not the biggest fan of them, but like, that's one of my favorite things in Harry Potter is those moments were just the kids learning spells or learning about this, or meeting a new teacher, which I think in the movies sometimes get lost. The school is just a the base for the X Men. We get a couple of school scenes, that's it. I would love to actually be some like a student, you know, a series about kids learning about you know, how to use their powers, what to do and what you know? What does Storm teach. What is Scott teach? Scott like we know, like Scott's a teacher and X Men what does he teach? What does he teach? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to be right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't want to teach history wrong. In first class they say teaches history but or in days of future past, but it's like what a storm teach?
Speaker 1: What was she like?
Speaker 2: That's why I'd like is say, well, X Men students show and.
Speaker 1: What I could recommend, and they actually do a Strange Academy the comic series Strange Academy they do.
Speaker 2: That is a see and that's another one I would take beause maybe they might go, let's not do x Men because we want to say that the movies. I take Strange Academy as well. There'd be another group one like young heroes with powers abilities learning stuff. And that's why it's also you keep it like a lower budget. It doesn't have to be a top tier show, but like it's something like Agatha when they kept it cheek and for me, Agatha is one of the better Disney Plus ones. So X Men first class. I don't know the first class, but first semester maybe I don't know, maybe we'll go there. So that's my pitch, some sort of school show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, debating back to forths I can said, I'm gonna hold one for a mart That's what I thought of with that. I trying to think in the sense of kind of looking at my collection in the back here, I could it's one of those ones. And then and they won't. They won't do it, and just because there's too there's too much of it. I adore this series and it was just so wild and out there savage Avengers you get, you get the you get the most like violent, like don't get give a crud about anything. We're talking the Avengers Black Ops team that people say, wasn't that the Thunderbolts now Thunderbolt Like I'm just talking like this is this is their true kind of like Avengers teams that just you wouldn't think they would ever be paired together that actually are Like that series had like Conan Brother, Voodoo, the Punisher, you know, electric like it had. It had some pretty hard hitters on that group.
Speaker 2: Maybe if Marls Zombies is a hit, that could be your next R rated animated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, venomals on it. You know, it's just it got nuts.
Speaker 3: So yeah, for me, the first thing I thought about is how they did with the Iron Group series for kids, and I've mentioned this in the Factor Vision before do a little Jeff the Shark Anthology series. I think it would just it'd be a fun thing for the kids, and I think adults could get a laugh out of it. I mean, you could even do the characters that they interact with in the same style of the characters from Marvel Rivals to tie in more to that game, to help give that game some more life, because while it's a good game now again, Marvel games traditionally do not have a long shelf life outside of Spider Man, so it'll be something to keep the shelf life of that going while also giving the kids a little something fun with some five ten minute episodes here and there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, I think that's a good pull there too. All right, as we've got Jim Scruggs with one.
Speaker 3: Yep, Jim Scruggs, And this is in reply to last week's Last week he had a question that said, why have there been so many Spider Man titles like Amazing, Spectacular Web of so on? Also, there a specific book that you prefer or is it more writer artists? And we gave him some recommendations. So his follow up question is this, were the other books slash storylines crossing into each other? Some did something in Spider Man or web Spiders cross into Amazing? Yes, depending on the event, is what crossed over? And it reminds me Spider Man in this sense reminds me a lot of dipping into the DCU. What happens a lot with Batman and its many titles where when it's convenient they do have that crossover. It will say, hey, read this for this, read this for this, read this for this. And it also gives them some time within those other stories to expound on on his interactions with side characters or his history with side characters and things like that, while Amazing may just focus on your overarching story that we're getting at. So there there are times when they delve into the other books, where they combine the other books, or you have to read more than one thing in a week in order to grasp the full story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it was one of those where I kind of stuck out my mind. I was just kind of pulling up on Marvel and Limited at that point. A good example that a nice one is recent and I can't remember how many old it is. The other storyline in Spider Man is starting your friendly neighborhood. You had amazing tied end, you had spectacular tied into it. So yeah, so there are It's very much like you said, it was a great pull with saying like Batman crossovers with all the other titles at that point, do you have to read it? It depends on how much. And I'd say with the other storyline, yeah, you kind of needed to because everything it was kind of tied into the ongoing storyline was going through. But sometimes yeah, with certain events like you pull a like Kingyan Black, you know, absolute carnage, you didn't need to read the times that the main event was just enough at that point. But yeah, they they do that. They haven't done that in a and well in a little bit like I know they did it like with Gang Gang War at that point, Yeah, just wasn't good. So yes, they do that.
Speaker 3: So when it came to like the Spiderverse series, there was a lot of pool from here, pool from there. But with most of the stuff now you can read whatever the main title is. And then of course, as with comics history as a whole. You'll have the little blurb see Amazing Spider Man this, see Friendly neighborhood issue this to figure out why these two are now interacting. So if you want the full scope, then yeah, you dive into another book here there. But for the most part with things, you just have to read whatever that main title is in order to get the story.
Speaker 1: Yep. So all right, last one from Amari.
Speaker 3: All right from Amari Daniels. Say you wake up and you're figgy after rolling around in Disney Bucks for hours. I'll ask Screws McDuck. You're allowed to green light one MCU project to go into production. This can include Disney plus shows, but not anything already being developed or in developmenttal Health. For me, it's Defenders season two.
Speaker 1: For me, it's ghost Rider. I don't care what Taylor and I are going to die in. That ship's ghost Cosmic, Robbie Reyes, Danny Katch, Johnny Blade, I don't care. Give me my ghost Rider.
Speaker 2: For me because I said, nothing that's currently announced and non development some of his blades. This is something that's off the wall, but you know I'm rocking the shot my guy over there, Moonnight. I want another crack at that, but I want like a full long like what the penguin. God, that's what I want Moon Night. I don't want to end with an alligator, giant alligator in Egypt. A hip out, Yeah that too, like I think that you know someone maybe wouldn't be exactly him, but get a Brian Fuller who did Hannibal. I don't think Moonnight is the worst in the m so you know we're far from it. It's just my maybe my most disappointing one because I think, yeah, I think there's yes easily with a with a bullet, but for me, it's my most disappointed thing that's happened. So that, to me is what I would want is a kind of a one off and very prestige television. I think the show at times was there. There were moments it could have been that, but then I don't know where it kind of went. I think the kind of the multi season and one season thing where it's like three episodes he was here, three episodes he was there, I think that kind of got messy. So that's what i'd want is a Moonnight doesn't really need to be connected to anything, almost a Moonnight special presentation even that like something very trippy and very heavy, because I think they they touched on stuff in the Moonlight. They could have went there, but I would definitely want to be closer to the Jeff Lemir run. So that's what it was. Another crack at it.
Speaker 1: So and I think to your point with that one, like even the current oeration of Moonnight, you don't have to do so much of the three or four different personalities. Like you can stick to yes like mister Knight and convergi him from miss like he is mister Knight when he's kind of like Midnight missions things like that, and then when he's had to cry, he is Moonnight. You know, you don't have to go too much with the multiple personage because I think it was they tried it. It was okay points, other points became very gimmicky, and I don't think that was the That's not the point of those those split personalities.
Speaker 3: I agree. So yeah, oh for me, it is Heroes for Hire. Yeah, I think that you can kind of give it a Hawkeye feel with that street level but still having fun with it type deal. I mean, you can bring back up my culture has Luke Cage if you want to recast Iron Fist. I wouldn't be mad at it, but hey, I Ben can get in another crack at it if he's willing to. But even with that, you can also bring in other characters who have been a part of him. So you can bring Miss niteback, you can bring Colin Wing back, you can you know, have shunk Chi appear in some episodes. You can bring in so many other characters. You can have some run ins with so many people that can just add to those. You can bring she Hulk back in a different way. Like there's there's so many ways that you can use this and have it just as a show that has a running thread but also has those fun moments like they did with Hawkeye. I think it would fit that Hawkeye mode perfectly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's good. All right, So we're gonna take our last ad break before in combook Club because I know post credits is gonna take us just a little bit at that point. But are you out of here, Travis? I'm good, Okay, you did this little thing with your head, dusty trail, So we're gonna take a last ad break. Well, do combook Club, and like I said, stick around post credits gonna be a little bit longer tonight just because it's it's an interesting rumor they were going to be talking about. So all right, so as you know, as always, these these ads help keep the lights on the Geegle tin lines. Check it out to skip the ads. Don't skip the ads, but they're there for you at that point. So all right, three two one, we will be right back, all right, and we are back. So all right, so Young Avengers around our pent ultimate issue of the first run of It, issue eleven. Uh, we are currently at the fight for who is claiming Hulkling as they we had the last issue where the Scrolls are claiming it and then we get the Creed coming out of the scene said no, you're ours, and we're enlisting you. I don't care what you are.
Speaker 3: Yes, this one is very interesting because it marks a seminal moment within two Young Avengers characters. But it does start off with that good back and forth about who you belong to, and you know, the Scrolls whole thing was you were born of our princess, so you're one of ours. So we're taking you back where the Creeds were. You were born of a cree soldier. So therefore by birth you become a Cree soldier. So that's why we want you back. It had nothing to do with his lineage for being a hero or anything like that. It's just no, this is your duty to the Kree army, so we are here to bring you back. And at this point, Holkling's like, yeah, no, I don't want any of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I particularly like, like, when we do get Tommy back in the MSU, I really wanted to be like this in the sense of just a somewhat psychotic in this in that when he says, I've got an idea what to do with these Cree that know, Tommy, we're not vaporizing. Dang, you know, just that kind of statistic one. At that point he's even more than his uncle is. But yes, we get the official revelation that Tommy and Billy are, you know, we get that kind of I love to get how they do. Vision gives like the cliff Notes version of the Wild History of the Twins at that and they and great writing at that point to just sum it all up within one page, who they are, how they came to be, how they didn't come to be, and how they're back now. At that point they within two pages, we get it, and yeah, we're just gonna accept it. They are they are the twins of Scarlet Witch and Vision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like, come on you, you don't see it. You got speed, I'm a witch like it. It all makes sense. And then I didn't like the when they are talking to young Vision and they're like, okay, well Scarlett Witch is our mom, Then who's our dad.
Speaker 1: And he goes, it's me And it did reminds me of Travis and I go back and forth with this was the Earbart time, it was me Berry, it was me all along. But yeah, then we get this kind of mini cree versus girl going on over Manhattan because everything has to take place in New York in the MCU weet the Avengers showing up with the random appearance of Century and and Spider Woman, you know, just because we have to bounce that. Oh yeah, and on the ground we finally see Wolverine and Spider Man two because why.
Speaker 3: Not got the new Avengers going on exactly.
Speaker 1: So they all everyone's saying like, you gotta turn them over this, you gotta turn us over to this, and basically cap stakes the ground saying nope, he's staying here with us. He's like, no, then you're gonna need protection, and Patriot looks like he sacrifices up to protect Captain America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he takes a blast straight to it. He's laid out with a smoking sternum. You can tell he he got hit and he's knocked out, and Cap has his look on his face like, oh my, what have I done?
Speaker 1: Yep. So we will conclude our journey through Young Avengers next week with the final issue of that run. David and I will talk to see if we're gonna take just a little break form Compo Club, if or if we can come up with since this is our selection for the next for the next iteration of it. So I see this one in the chat, like, will you be there February first? What is February first?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I looked up. Okay, I think it's a bot or someone's trolling, gotcha? All right?
Speaker 1: Well it could be Worst Spots at that point, Yeah, yes, exactly. So I've had DC bots in there that just want to talk to you and it's like you're on the wrong show man, Yeah, saying like our review that says like you just show stinks needs to talk more DC.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Well that's all we got tonight, folks, outside of post credit. So but as always, thank you mister Sneill for coming on and course gracing us during your your current sabbatical from podcasting. But always great to have you back on Marvel Liance and it's always a good time with we get to talk about our predictions. So whenever you do come back on and know it will be a long time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, exactly, it was tons of fun. Wouldn't miss this one. I think I'm happy before, but I try not to because it is a very good one. And yeah, I'll be excited to be back on here in twenty twenty five. Not sure when, not sure when I'll be back to full time podcasting, but just follow me at Traspy still. Like I said, I'm not tweeting that much right now because I'm just kind of on a break. But when i'm back, you'll hear all about it and I'll be keeping busy and there'll be lots of exciting things, So stay tuned.
Speaker 1: David.
Speaker 3: How you can follow you, Oh, you can follow me on all socials at the Phantom and then I also co hosts this show normally with mister Snell who again is on sabbatical and s Bubbs called the Gimmick here on the geek First Network where we talk wrestling. We will be actually having a show this weekend. We will be solidifying time and getting that info out sometime soon.
Speaker 1: First episode of Netflix, right.
Speaker 3: Hey, it had had a lot of high points including l A really really really do and be proud and given what for I'm grateful for them. But yeah, so that's where you can find me. I'm on all socials at the Phantom one and unlike Snell, I do tweak constantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can follow me on all the socials at Chris Balga. You'll see me a caag liking or making comments, but I'll just mostly look out for news and posting her group chat. But yeah, okay, okay, are get in there at that point. But you can follow this show on Twitter at marvel a podcast. You can email the show at Marvel linespodcast at gmail dot com. You can follow the geeg goldamand Aliance Network on Twitter at guapod network for fill to tweet email if you want to vide feedback, ask questions, factor fiction, do All dms are open across the board. Continue to rate review the Marvel Line solo feeds youa network feed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcasts who greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for joining us live in the chat. Thank you all for listening. Stay safe out there, everyone, and I stand the man would say, excelsior true believers. All right, post credits discussion, gentlemen, we are getting some very interesting rumors regarding the future of to Challa, and the recent rumors are going around that the recasting, the possible recasting f t Challa. So this is coming from Jeff Snyder. Oh yes, love them or hate them, you know, get some things wrong, get these things right at that point, but does have some sources. So yes, I know one of our faithful listeners, Phil. You know, everything we did can discount for him, but we all liked.
Speaker 2: He just passed up.
Speaker 1: He will he'll get he'll be uh texting me when the show comes out. As why are you giving this guys, daid, Well, it's post credit. That's why we're regular gating it to this just because it's an interesting discussion point. So this is what he said.
Speaker 2: We don't report the news, we just talk about yes, exactly so, but yeah.
Speaker 1: So this is the stuff he was saying on regarding this, and we also have a tag back to it.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 1: He was saying that with Marvel reshuffling the deck in advance of Avengers Doomsday and Avengers Secret Wars, Robert Downey Junior coming back not as I remember Doctor Doom, I'm told the door is firmly open for to Chilla to be recast via the magic of the multiverse, he said. I heard that an actor was actually offered the role that this past fall, a couple of months after Downy's big reveal a comic con, but they turned it down, not wanting to jeopardize their career momentum by stepping into Bozeman's gigantic shoes, which may be too big to fill even for Hollywood's most talented black actors. So now it's unclear whether Ta'challa will appear in Avengers Doomsday or Avenger's Secret Wars, but I think it's fair to assume that whoever is cast as the character will reprise the role in Black Panther three, which has been discussed by everyone from Ryan Kulgerger to Denzel Washington, now with this my time to shine. Hello. Another Scooper had a tag back to this, saying, it's not a recast, it's an older version of his son from Black Panther Wikonda Forever. So, taking all this together, what do y'all feel about this quote unquote recasting?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: I will go first, because I've had a lot of thoughts on this that i have posted publicly. I am not against a recasting. My only thoughts about a recasting is that if you are going to do it, this needs to make all the sense in the world, and you need to tread lightly. So this should not be a recast for the sake of recasting. The way that they paid reverence to not only to Child as a character, but to Chadwick Boseman with the funeral scene in Black Panther two was an amazing send off. So to just go back on that would kind of be a hard pill to swallow. This is not a situation where like with Don Cheetah, where you just put somebody else in a role because contracts and things like that. This was reflective of someone's actual life and death. The way that they changed this character Now, if this is an aging up of his son Toussaint, who we saw at the end of Black Panther two, who is going to be the next uh Prince T'Challa, then I am okay with that, and I even have a preferred actor already lined up for that for that line. How old are we going? Is Coleman dimigo around.
Speaker 1: Kevin Hard? Let's do Kevin Hard.
Speaker 5: For fan boy Clay he will I must say Clay Clay is yelling at his headphoss right now for that, I guarantee you know it actually be ah Jush to Decu who if you've seen the show Supercel, he was amazing and that he looks like an aged up version of the.
Speaker 3: Kid who played To'challa's son, and he has shown in super his physicality. So I am I'm all for that. If that is the route that they want to go, and if this son of T'Challa wants to take over the mantle a Black Panther or be part of the training for that, then I'm okay with that. But to just pop up with someone and say hey, there was hey, remember all that stuff that happened back in Spider Man and the Rift in the multiverse world. Look who we found and you just have this new T'Challa. I think that you do a great disservice to the character, and I think that that is a huge affront to Chadwick Boseman as a whole. I do know that from just a personal standpoint, the black community is pretty split with those who want a recast because they want the character Black Panther to live on because it means so much to us, versus those who don't want to recast because of the honor and the reverence of Chadwick Boseman. But I think as long as you do something that does not go against what you have done already and don't do it just for the sake of doing it, then I'm okay with a full on recast, But I would prefer an age up, and I would really prefer if j just Taedeku was that age up.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Travis, Yeah, I think on the scoop front, like you said, Sneyaner could be wrong, right, but that's almost every scoop right. Of course, there's something that gets them a lot more right. And this sounds like a case where he could have got some news about oh they were offered to Chala. But if your source isn't telling you it's like an older one, I could see why man Tishein would be like, no, it is an older one, it's not. I think it is that because I feel like it'd be odd for them to introduce his son in the last one and then do nothing with that. They're clearly setting that up. And for me where I've been, I'm the same where I am before. Where if you feelers should have been recast, I understand. If you feel there shouldn't have been, I understand. For me, it's a situation where there's not to put anyone down, but there's you're in a thousand years, there'll probably be dozens of iterations on screen of to' challa. Right, there's only been one Chadwick Boseman, and that's thing where that film was to honor him, honor him for that cast. Sure, you could recast, but at any point in tomorrow they could say, yet, we're just rebating Black Panther and this is to Challa. They wanted to do that type of film, and especially for Chadwick Boseman being the first, that's what's important. Though, right, there might be many black actors in the future that play well, imagine they have to be black. Many actors that will play to' challa.
Speaker 1: But we talked about that last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, we don't even lash. My thing is though, like hopefully in this situation, this never happens again. All these actors that played Chachalla, they finished their role, they retire and goes to someone else. This was a situation where an actor passed while doing the role, but also they passes being the the shepherd of it. They brought it and they got it to that huge iconic status right, So for me, I was always fine with I would get why they wouldn't recast them right away. For people that when fight said we won't be recasting black panther, for them to think that, okay, in even fifty years, there'll never be a new Chichalla again. I don't know what you're drinking over there. It must be something good, because everybody gets recast. It was just that, And of course people always read, well, his family's fine with it. I get that, I understand, but this is the choice they wanted to go with me. They didn't want to do that, and if it's his son, fine, I still think there's a version where Okay, they reboot the universe, and you could the same way, there could be a new actor playing Steve Rodgers. There's a new actor playing Cha'challa, and it's not Chadwick's Chaichalla, right, the same way of like even a comic book movie lore Hugh Jackman in dead Pool, Wolverene's not playing the X fox one right, the one in Logan he died. He's playing a new Wolverine. It just happens to be the same actor. I could see them in the next You're saying, hey, this is six one seven to Challa and it is played by David's pitch or Coleman Domingo or someone.
Speaker 1: Right, So for me, it's David Washington, Johnny Washington.
Speaker 2: For sure, he should play to chaka'challa. Yeah, it should be like the Council of Kings, but the counsel of To'challa is John Washington. But so for me, it's like there's no right answer because everyone feels differently about it. I'm fine with what they do and I'm willing to see, but I've always been fine with not to recast now and wait and if they want to been fine, you can't say oh enough times past because that works differently for everybody, right. But I think now if they were to announce there's a recast, people that didn't want to happen are probably more welcoming to it opposed to fresh off the wound when he passed away and we're going to Black Panther two, because I still think I know my last one is. I know the side of recast A Shalla always just wants a future. Cha'challa means a lot. I think there's tons of people that wouldn't have accepted a new actor right away as to Challa, like replacing Chadwick. I think that could have been really bad for that actor. It could have been really bad for the movie and could have sunk that character for a long time. Where we're Black Panther two, that they did something unique, something that I kind of they couldn't have, but I wish that even Nolan did with Dark Knight Rises. I always hate that joker in that movie is non existent. They didn't allude to him. They didn't, like you can't it's hard to tribute the Joker, right, but even just something to allude to all the jokers still out there. I've always loved the pitch that he was in r Arkha when they left him there. I like that Wakonda Forever was something to say goodbye to that actor.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and I fIF Jack, I'll put yours into after my comment before we close it out. So they got backed into a corner in the sense of like Chadwick Boseman, amazing actor, became that part as the first that did such an amazing job that honoring them saying we're not gonna recast, but also to the point like you're saying, no one actor at that point and probably still right now once it's up in that role because of the reverence they have to Chadwick at that point. So it's kind of like, well, we're going to say we're not going to recast because no one's going to want to take on that part legitimly, and the people we want to take on that part and to recast are not going to take on that part. So they're now I agree with you in the sense of what they did at the end with bringing in his son and saying like, Okay, this could be the future. Yeah, great idea that that's one way to do it. Now you're stuck in a situation where you've got Shuri as our black panther, and you know how long is that going to be or are we going to do this agent is that AGYPT does multiversal and just for that idea of what could the future could be. So when Suri wants to take on I mean again, nothing says we can't have two black panthers. You know, things change at that point. You know it is open to the opportunity. Yes, at some point we are going to get an official recast of T'Challa. It's going to happen. It's going to happen eventually. And again where they're at right now, I get it and I support it. But there will come a time, just like with everything, we're gonna get, as you said, Travis, a new Tony Stark, a new Steve Rodgers. Yeah, that's the beauty of what Secret Wars is going to do. Allow the MCU to reboot, reset some people. Some people might stick around or they get just do thing. We're going to do a whole new thing and do a reset. These characters are bigger than the people they are at in just this with a unique situation where it wasn't like that the character and the actor became one and the same. And I support the decision as a human being, and I get the people that are on the other side of the aisle at that point. But again, these stories are going to be restarted, these characters are gonna be rebooted, so just give it time. It's going to happen. It doesn't make less what those what Chadwick did or anything like that. They'll always be there. It's like what I say to people, if you don't like reboots and restarts and you like those, guess what still there for you to grab either on the shelf and the thing you can redback And that's fine, but closing it out fifth of jack saying, I wouldn't do a recast, but I do like the idea of a son Either way, though, I would go down with an open mind and give it a shot. The irrational If Jackson like it.
Speaker 3: If Secret Wars ends with them pulling someone in from a different universe to be the new Chill and it's a new actor, then I am okay with that. That's what I didn't want, was I know. Right after he died, people are like, well, just recast him I was like, that was to me, the absolute wrong time to do it. And I definitely understand what they're saying. How many black actors did not want to step into that role person like I would unless I knew where they were headed going after Secret Wars. I wouldn't want to step in that role because the pressure that is going to be on you once you're announced as the new Black Panther unless you know the direction that they're going after Secret Wars, that is a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: Yep, the same thing. Like I do not envy anyone who steps in after Hugh Jackman. I don't know, but all right, we will see you all next week. Again, long episode for you all, but we enjoyed it again. Thank you mister s Now, thank you everyone, and we will see you all next week. Bye bye see