Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: What else is going on?
Speaker 3: Time four?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: We got some news you can use.
Speaker 1: It is National Hamburger Day and that means a lot of deals at Burger King. If you're a Royal Perks Loyalty Program member, how do you do that? You'd probably just sign up on the app or something. You can get a free hamburger with the purchase of one dollar or more at Wendy's. Through June first, you can buy a junior bacon cheeseburger for just one cent with any purchase using an offer in the Wendy's app. At Buffalo Wild Wings, they're offering half priced burgers and other news. You can get burgers at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Speaker 2: Would you go there? Maybe they do a delicious burger. I don't know. I do not know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like the old ad never buy your makeup from a skincare company and vice versa, never buy your skincare from a makeup company. I think that's where you were going with that.
Speaker 2: That is exactly where I was going. With wings and burgers. Makeup and skincare very different. How do you read my mind so much? I? Oh, no, I don't know.
Speaker 4: A two year old British boy has become the youngest member ever of MENSA. Joseph Harris Burshill born November twenty third, twenty twenty one has been admitted to the organization at just the age of two years and one hundred and eighty two days. It soon became clear he was an exceptional little being, said mom. He first rolled over it five weeks. Well that's not MENSA, he said his first word at seven months. That's a little bit better. And he could read his first book out loud from cover to cover at one in three quarter years. He's learning Morse code, he knows the Greek alphabet, he's interested in the periodic table, and he's always been keen to learn more and loves a challenge. They both both of the parents work at Andrew University of St. Andrew's there in Scotland, which may mean something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it would mean.
Speaker 1: New York the home of a lot of stellar first responders teenagers as well. Group of New York teenagers were on their way home from junior prom. When they helped a dad and his two daughters to safety, they noticed the family's garage was on fire. Aiden is seventeen. He's heard in cell phone video yelling to alert the people in the house.
Speaker 2: Your house is on fire. Your house is on fire.
Speaker 1: He and his girlfriend Morgan, and their friends were driving back from junior prom at Whitesboro High when they saw the garage engulfed in flames. They thought that, well, is that a bonfire over there. That would be unusual on prom night, But upon getting closer, they realized it was a garage, and the cell phone video shows their aid and telling the dad and two girls, you guys got to get out, telling one of the shaken children, you're okay.
Speaker 2: Stand behind that car there. Oh, very nice.
Speaker 4: There is a study out of Vanguard Investors that has the top predictor of your financial wellbeing, and it may not be what you think it is. Having assets of a million or more can boost your well being by eighteen percent.
Speaker 2: That's not a surprise.
Speaker 4: Having an income of five hundred thousand can increase your well being by twelve percent. But they said that the most important thing was having the ability to sock away two thousand dollars into an emergency savings account. Having two thousand dollars in savings available to you can increase your financial well being by twenty one percent. They said that this signifies that an adult would be able to fully meet financial obligations, that they are secure in their final acial future, and would allow them to make choices that would help them enjoy their lives as they make their way through adulthood, but that that initial two thousand dollars makes a huge, humongous difference for people.
Speaker 1: One of my buddies, Arthur, sent this video to me this morning, the beat boxing nun.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this? You have the audio of it.
Speaker 1: Two Brazilian nuns dropped that impromptu beat box and dance session during a Catholic TV program, Sisters Marizelle Casiano and Marissa de Paula, members of Copiosa and Crushed It congregation. We're talking about a vocational retreat when they brought up a song about being called to the religious life, including the beat box.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, you've got a lot of time when you're a priest and a nun.
Speaker 1: You should have special talents like that beat boxing jiu jitsu. I don't know Mandarin. You've got a lot of time to pray and learn different things. Right, what would be your special talent if you were a priest?
Speaker 2: Ah, I would be good at the.
Speaker 4: The robe swish, the robe switch. I don't know, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: So you would practice in front of a mirror? Is it like your turn? Is it your turn upon like making your way to the altar? Or is it a turn as you're doing the sign of the Cross leaving the church? Yeah?
Speaker 4: A lot of the places I went to church never had robes. Ah, so I would I don't know, I'd have to practice.
Speaker 1: Is this the first time you've thought about your the flare that you would bring to the role of.
Speaker 2: Pre Yes, it is. It is, honestly the very first time I've ever thought of it. That never interested me.
Speaker 1: I could see you being one of those fun priests with a little twits like youth past twist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need.
Speaker 4: More tattoos to be a youth pastor. I need to, like, I think we should something on. Definitely put forearms right with that Bible font, the Bible font.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is the Bible font.
Speaker 1: It's the font that's at the beginning of the Bible, like if you are a priest and use that big Bible.
Speaker 2: Like an Old English script, yes, and if you had that font like your forearm, no, even better.
Speaker 4: I would write it in either Hebrew or Aramaic something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, that would be different. It wouldn't be Old English script, the New King James version.
Speaker 1: What do you think it would say? Would it be something from the Bible or would it be something involving.
Speaker 2: Thou will that?
Speaker 4: Well, there's a lot of thouls in the Bible, so I would assume it would be something from the Bible.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you want to just make something up with now?
Speaker 4: And probably not a great idea if I'm a priest to be making up things from the Bible.
Speaker 2: Where does the Church stand when it comes to tattoos? Uh?
Speaker 4: Old Testament is not very happy with it. From whatever, what does Jesus say? Jesus came and paid the price so that you don't have to write.
Speaker 1: But when Jesus came in it was like fun and games. Tattoos may have been a fine thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's a good question. I don't think that's a thing anybody really thinks about. That's one of those like open hand, closed hand things, What does that mean? There are some things that Jesus would be like, seriously, why would you care what I think about that? And others are like he says, I really care that, I really do care about those things.
Speaker 1: So the open hand things are the things he doesn't really care about, and the close things.
Speaker 2: Are thinks that why would you argue about them? Like I've just heard that term open hand, close hands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she's just like, give different denominations decide, you know whatever. Some denomination says no tattoos in this place.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't waste his time caring about us tattoos or not.
Speaker 2: That's not what he cares about. That's not what he says. Right, got it?
Speaker 4: Are you good?
Speaker 2: I feel like we did some real work here today. I think something happened.
Speaker 1: Gary and Shannon will continue drawing pets. Yeah, you want to stuff your dead pet?
Speaker 4: Stay?
Speaker 2: Keep it right here.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: Would you like your triba? Oh my gosh, that's what's exactly what I was thinking. Subject fractional terms for one thousand dollars. Fractional terms I had a funny, funny joke, and I did not do it here it is here's your answer. On sheet music. It's also called a quaver A quaver quaver do you read music?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a quaver sixteenth an eighth, No eighth, Okay, I've never heard of that. It was going to be a mother in law joke about fraction. Yeah, what what is it going to be?
Speaker 2: I was still working it out.
Speaker 4: Oh, but it involved stilling the joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, maybe by the end of the show. I'll get to it. Let's get into dead animals.
Speaker 1: Have you ever thought about stuffing your dead pets?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's an everyday scene.
Speaker 1: It biscoffs the animal kingdom and la taxidermy business that has been preserving animals for one hundred and three years now. This is a guy who creates and rents out prop animals to film studios, museums and nature centers. But a bulk of the taxidermy request have come from bereaved pet owners, people that want to shell out thousands of dollars for a tangible commemoration of their late pet. And so you said, yes, this was a legit conversation that you had in the family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, much more so than I ever expected it to be. But when our beloved Fergus decided while we decided for him to shuffle off this mortal coil and make his way to the Rainbow bridge, there was discussion of he was the best dog, so how do you honor his memory? Do you just put a box of ashes somewhere or do you do you get do you make a sculpture or do you just preserve him in his best state, which is sitting by the fireplace or whatever position you want him in. But that's how you would want to remember him.
Speaker 1: So what was the conversation was that if we did this, where would we put him?
Speaker 4: Well, it was it was questions about how much does it actually cost? It's not like you just it's not a form you know, a little box you check at the end of the cremation thing or the vet visit or something like that.
Speaker 2: Hey do you guys taxidermy? These guys when you're done with them, it wouldn't be on the cremation farm. Now, well you're right, did, but there's other things they do. Yeah, So that there was that.
Speaker 1: Say the cost was not punitive, Say it was one of those boxes you check that it was seventy nine ninety nine to taxidermy your beloved dog.
Speaker 4: But then you have to get into the discussion of where do you put it and does it travel with you if you move? Right?
Speaker 2: If you move because that hose, for example, was really you.
Speaker 4: Know, we lived at a condo when we got him, but that house was where he spent the more than half of his life.
Speaker 2: So that's his house, that's his home. Right Do we bury him in the yard?
Speaker 1: Do you make it part of the sale of the home, like this dog comes with the.
Speaker 4: Home, stays here or is it just the I don't know. I mean, there were some there were some logistical things that prevented us from doing it.
Speaker 1: I think I found out for the first time that my parents, when they bought the house that I grew up in, that it had been lived in three or four times or whatever before, because it was a relatively new house when they moved in, but that it came with a dog. And they were the first ones who were just like an alive dog, yeah wow. And they were the first ones that were like no, and they still bought the house. It wasn't like a make or break thing. But apparently a couple of families that had lived there before. It's not odd.
Speaker 4: I think the most usual thing is that we had pets parried buried in the yard. Yeah at this house. I'm not sure exactly where. Oh at your house that they were buried. They had all kinds of animals, they had like four or five.
Speaker 2: But is that something you just closed in the papers there's animals buried.
Speaker 4: No, And I don't remember why we know that, or if it's just an assumption that we made based on Ah who was there. And my wife was more into the idea of having a taxi dermied version of our pet than I was. But I just think it kind of became the logistics of the idea. When they're alive, you think to yourself, I would love to be able to see.
Speaker 2: My dog, yeah all the time.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: Then you have to dust him. You got a vacuum in every once in a while. I got to get ear and creepy.
Speaker 1: Creepy, And then every time someone comes over, you have to have this conversation.
Speaker 4: Right, and a taxi dermied animal, no matter what kind of an animal, it's gonna give way to the to the thesis of nature element.
Speaker 2: And it is not going to look good.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, anybody who's got a deer head, you know, any sort of taxi dermy animal.
Speaker 2: It just you know, the time takes its toll.
Speaker 1: I was having this conversation with my husband about stuffing him once he dies.
Speaker 2: Man, he brought up the.
Speaker 4: You know that's a different level, right, I mean what, yes, I'll let you finish.
Speaker 1: Right, And he was saying, well, I don't want to be stuffed when I'm like at the end, like my dad's like he wants if he's going to be stuffed and mounted, it's going to be now.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the way he looks now, not when he's like on death's door.
Speaker 2: Not the way he's going to present when he dies.
Speaker 1: If all goes well, you're going to be you know, things have given out, the elements have gotten to us.
Speaker 4: See there's that problem as well, because if he does go and you do want to stuff him or have him stuffed, you are going to want to pick an age range perhaps right where he's stuck in your mind, right at is most handsome, he's at his most physically fit or something.
Speaker 2: That's why he needs to be stuffed. Now, Well, I don't know. If that's so, it's like how you want to go out.
Speaker 4: Maybe you start taking some three D pictures of him, just some images of him, so that.
Speaker 2: What age would you like to be stuffed at? Not today?
Speaker 1: Since your wife was the one kind of driving the train on the taxidermy for Fergus, I'll ask her, maybe she wants to have you stuffed.
Speaker 2: She's she's the better.
Speaker 4: I don't have to look at my stuffed body when i'm I think you look.
Speaker 2: Pretty much the same the past fifteen years. Well, then I would she would be the one to This would be a good time to stuff you. Thank you, get you mounted. I will do my best. You know where I would put you in that house?
Speaker 1: I'd put you at the top of the stairs, yep, or maybe on that landing.
Speaker 2: Standing in my underpants so that whenever you open the door. No, no, this is why you're not in charge of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you could change your clothes, you could dress you you know, I mean you can put whatever you.
Speaker 4: Want it on you. Nobody, I mean, yeah, nobody wants to be doing that.
Speaker 2: In summer.
Speaker 1: You could just be in like a pair of swim trunks or something for the pool party.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're gonna do what you watch you Wednesday when we come back.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it costs more to like make the body, you know, look exactly.
Speaker 2: Of course, like put makeup on it, or you're gonna put just make it look good naked. You know? Why are you? Why are you? Okay?
Speaker 4: Now you're getting now you're getting super weird about this. Now, yes, now what you're watching Wednesday when we come back.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Nearly two hundred million passwords have been stolen. Digital thieves stole data tied to some of the world's biggest tech firms. They're saying, change your passwords if you have accounts with Ready, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Snapchat, Roadblocks, PayPal, Netflix, Discord, health platforms or government platforms.
Speaker 1: Uh I, uh, well, nobody cares I forget my passwords.
Speaker 2: No, that doesn't sound like a personality I have.
Speaker 4: No I find that art of a way you have you have most of the time, I just go straight to forgot password and just redo the whole thing for everything and listen. I actually don't think there's anything wrong with that, considering how often they tell you to change passwords exactly.
Speaker 1: I find At first I thought of it as a personal failure that you're alluding to, right, But now I find like, well, it's probably better that way, that it's just a revolving door of passwords, as.
Speaker 4: Long as somebody else doesn't have your email account out, which they probably do, or your cell phone numbers spoofed in some way where they would get your six digit code that gets spit out.
Speaker 1: What are you going to take my Alta points? Like, I just I don't see there being a problem. I mean, my credit card turns me down.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: They are your credit card wants to know what you're buying. Like sometimes, what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's time for what you're watching Wednesday?
Speaker 2: The following program is brought to you in living color, but you're watching in their Americas Love Television, They win their kids, USA Television.
Speaker 3: Mach Bet you've been.
Speaker 6: Watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 4: What you're watching Wednesday?
Speaker 6: Love Hotel, Love It, Yeah to guys Monday, no brush on your teeth and one of the housewives already banging somebody?
Speaker 1: Wait all right, day wait, wait, wait, okay, that's the guy that turned me onto Love Hotel in the first place, and I thought I was all caught up. I may be missing a week. I figured they were off this week because a Memorial Day. But there's a new episode in Someone's banging because I don't I don't remember any banging going on.
Speaker 2: The quick recap is this is? This is okay?
Speaker 4: So whatever it is. Sure people who have been on the Real Housewives show.
Speaker 2: It's it's Real Housewives and it's other Uh is it others?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I think it might just be Real Housewives.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Shannon Badoor from Orange County, Luanne de la Steps from New York, they're both on it.
Speaker 2: A couple of ladies from Atlanta are on it.
Speaker 1: Giselle's on it, and they bring in these guys, just normal dudes to this like hotels where they're staying and I don't know, like Cabo something like that, and they see if they hit it off, and then the women can either keep the guys or they bring in fresh meat. And the last that I saw there was like three different women that were into one dude, and he was older, he's sixty something and h most recently he was hooking up with one of the women from Atlanta, who's thirty something.
Speaker 2: That was a big to do. I can't tell you how little interest I have in that. Of course not it's not for you.
Speaker 4: I know you say that, but it's some of those shows that you say are not for me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well I could probably.
Speaker 1: I kind of like watching the freak show. That is people who are single in their sixties meeting somebody else. Like, that's fascinating because, you know what, it's the way that we are living and living longer. People in their sixties are acting a fool. They're acting like they're in their twenties, and it's fun to watch.
Speaker 2: It's very entertaining. That's why Golden Bachelor was so right entertaining. It does tame compared to Love Hotel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Morning, Gary and Shannon. It's Richard up in Nevada. So I watched the pee Wee Hermann documentary Role. It's actually Paul Rubin speaks about how he put Peewee together and what happened when the new LA District Ernie accused him of child pornography and how it wrecked him.
Speaker 2: And it's that's the thing.
Speaker 5: He was such a sweet guy. It was really worth watching, just fantastically interesting the Hollywood story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of people, It said that, didn't you have some issues before that though, like a theater, some sort of theater masturbations. Yes, Fred something or other had the same issue, right, There was an actor Fred something, Will Something, Fred Wills, Fred Williams, Will Fredericks. I know you're talking about at.
Speaker 1: Least two people got busted for masturbating in an adult theater and the ladder not not pee wee Herman, but because that was still when those those adult theaters were prevalent, Right, this guy was, like I want to say, in like two thousand and five, when porn was in everybody's pockets and there was no reason to mastermate in public in a theater.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know the name of I'll find it.
Speaker 4: The first episode of that Apple TV show that we've been talking about for a few weeks now, Your Friends and Neighbors explain Fred Willard, Fred Riller.
Speaker 2: Was he popped for that? I don't know. Yeah, oh, I don't remember that. Yeah, he was seventy two and it was twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: The show Friends and Neighbors takes pains to explain how you can get all kinds of money but still feel financially insecure. And we talked about This is the John Ham Show. Olivia Munn is in it Amanda Pete on Apple TV Plus. And it's a really it's well written, it's clever, it's fun. It's a little dark at times. But this guy falls down on his luck. Very rich guy falls down on his luck, loses his job at a prestigious firm, and then turns to stealing from his neighbors. I'm not giving anything away, but it is one of those shows that we've seen lately that kind of points the anger at rich people and explains how bad they are.
Speaker 1: White Lotus Sirens, friends and neighbors. It shows how they live, which is always fascinating to people who don't live like that. It's like a secret society that you're in on. So it's fun to watch that. And and that show does a great job of explaining the things that are important to rich people and why, like the Burken purses, things like that of expensive watches, which ones are better than the others. It's like, oh, okay, all right, I see that now. I mean, it's still ridiculous, but it kind of makes sense of it. All But the thing that strikes me with all of these is it shows and it highlights that for a lot of people who don't have money, you think that if you have money, everything will kind of work itself out, or what do you have to fight about? You've got money, and the family dynamics do not change. Sometimes they're made worse. A lot of the times they're made worse by oodles of money.
Speaker 4: That reminds me of an old joke Bill Cosby. I don't know if you've ever heard of him. He used to tell but it was more it was about drugs and not about money, and it was about how people always wanted him to take cocaine and he would ask, why, what does it do to you? And he said, it just makes whatever your personality is, it makes you more of that. And he said, yeah, but what if you're an a hole? And that's almost what money is, like cocaine in that same instance, where it's not guaranteed to make your life easier at all, right, and like you said, in many cases can make it more difficult, especially when it comes to the interpersonal relationships that you have.
Speaker 1: This kind of just reminds me of something that happened maybe Jody Becker's visiting, by the way.
Speaker 2: She just popped in. We said hello.
Speaker 1: We all started here like twenty years ago a KFI and back when Jody Becker was working with you on the morning show and she was out and I was filling in, and I had a red Bull in my hand, and you said you don't need that.
Speaker 4: Were you trying so preachy at the time? What was I going through?
Speaker 3: Go on?
Speaker 1: But is that because you thought I was an a hole? And to you the red bull was like cocaine and you didn't want me to be more of an a hole.
Speaker 4: No, it was because you were twenty six years old and you don't need that.
Speaker 2: Oh how old were you? Probably twenty three years old? Twenty four? I'm shooting. We don't need to fudge the age at this point. Ship has sailed anyway, all right, But it's true I did not need that.
Speaker 1: I didn't need cocaine and I didn't need red Bull. That was all accurate. All right, more of what we're watching, Oh uh, Sirens, I did bring it up, so to say it all right now? Sirens with Julianne More on Netflix on Netflix. It is a fun ride. It's only four or five episodes for women, not for you.
Speaker 2: Again, your wife will like it. Okay, it's fun. I think I've watched two episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a fun one. I got to finish that Jesus movie debor turn me on to thisy.
Speaker 2: We have to finish that is. It's really heavy on the Jesus stuff.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: I warned you. I said it was quite religious about Amaza.
Speaker 4: Yes, and his name is uh, somebody mentioned it.
Speaker 2: Names aren't important, I mean to him, it is. It's a true story.
Speaker 1: It's about love. They're happy right now. So I'm assuming one of them gets sick and dies. You just got to watch it, because that's what happens with these movies.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We're going to be talking about monkeys. Oh, monkeys.
Speaker 4: That's the craziest, isn't it? Inter species, no intr species.
Speaker 1: It sounds like the beginning of a movie I haven't seen about monkeys stealing other monkeys, and then they move on from other monkeys that they're stealing to human babies, and then they they train the human babies to be like monkeys, and then they take over the world and they eat everybody.
Speaker 4: The friend who told me that he was traveling in India, and the monkeys try to steal things from you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they don't care.
Speaker 4: They do not care that you are taking literally ten times taller than them and wait ten times as much.
Speaker 2: They're crafty, too, crafty, sneaky. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And their little hands and their little beady little eyes and their tails. Cute little guys. On the website, if you go to KFI am six forty dot com slash Gary and Shannon, we have a trio of trailers on there. For one Good Fortune. Keanu Reeves comes in as an angel as he's en Sorry's director oriol debut. He stars in it along with Seth Rogan. A weird one from Netflix, the former ocean Gate. You remember the ocean Gate disaster when titan imploded.
Speaker 1: The people who spent a bunch of money to go down to see the Titanic wreckage and they imploded.
Speaker 2: A new season of.
Speaker 1: The Bear is queued up here with season four trailer. Season three concluded last June ended on a cliffhanger, with Sydney having a panic attack over whether she would leave the Chicago restaurant. The new trailer that dropped last week shows the characters grappling with a harsh review from a food critic, financial uncertainty around their new business, and a toxic work culture that's.
Speaker 2: Existed since season one. So seems like much of the same.
Speaker 1: Fair, right, it seems like that has been kind of them, Yes, modus upperande of the plot line. Here is a bad review and then they're toxic with each other and do they have the money to keep going.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great, the whole thing that they're going to do.
Speaker 4: The all ten episodes of season four drop once Wednesday, June twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: So and it looks like everybody basically is back, including the cameo from Jamie Lee Curtis.
Speaker 2: Oh, she was an exceptional mom. Exception so good.
Speaker 6: Hey, Gary, Shavon Scott and Murieta. One of the things I've been watching is a show called Whatever Martha. It came out years ago and you can just search on YouTube and find it there, and it is really funny because it's Martha Stewart's daughter watching old episodes of Martha Stewart shows. She's absolutely roasting her, ripping her, and it's really really funny to watch that, especially by her own daughter.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that there's not more of that shows about people watching shows like you see that with video games. Right.
Speaker 4: So I told you that we both watched Bad Thoughts from comedian Tom Sigarrow.
Speaker 2: And I'm embarrassed to say I freaking loved it.
Speaker 4: It's dark, very dark. It is so dark, very twisted. There is there is a video that exists. It was It was on the Netflix YouTube channel, so it's on new YouTube, but it's Tom Sigura sitting with his mom watching episodes of Bad Thoughts. Yeah, And I mean you say it like we can say how dark it is, but I can't describe how uncomfortab it would be to watch that. First of all, they didn't come from my mind. I would not want to watch that with my mind.
Speaker 2: I would have no problem watching that with my mother. But then two, but if if you're well.
Speaker 1: Because my mother knows you more than anything, maybe, but you created it, and there's some dark, dark stuff in that show.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, uh not saying it's not funny, because.
Speaker 4: It is, right, but it's almost that embarrassingly funny, like I can't believe I'm laughing at.
Speaker 1: And you've got to be careful who you recommend it too, because like I recommended it to a couple people and I get back like, why would you tell me to watch this? And I'm like, because I thought you were sick as me, like.
Speaker 2: Good barometer of it. I guess she's not as demented as I owe.
Speaker 4: My wife and I watched Mission Impossible Fallout, which is the sixth movie in the series, the last one, the one that came out just this last week and is the eighth I because I looked up to she had never seen any of them. I don't think or she said maybe one or two, but I wanted to find the best one. I'm a fan of those movies. I'm not a huge Tom Cruise guy. I just love the stunts, the action. It's all great and it did not disappoint. Mission Impossible Fallout. I think it's on Paramount Is where you can get it for free. But we also watched The Fountain of Youth on Apple.
Speaker 1: TV that looks like a Walmart budget version of an adventure movie go on.
Speaker 4: It's a Walmart version of Indiana Jones plus National Treasure because there's family involved, not that there wasn't. I guess in you know, yeah, but it's John Krasinski and Natalie Portman who are great, and Donald Gleeson plays like the Financier and all of it.
Speaker 2: You've seen all of it before.
Speaker 4: I mean everything you've seen in all of those kinds of movies, Romancing the Stone, all the Nana Jones movies, all the National Treasure movies.
Speaker 2: It's nothing new. Well, so you can make that argument about Mission impossible.
Speaker 4: Maybe the one nicer aspect of it, I guess that at least wanted me or led me to want to watch it, was the fact that it was a guy Ritchie movie, so and he's great at that kind of an action. But even that it didn't wasn't enough to keep it going, wasn't enough to make me love it, That's all. But I do like mob Land.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's good. Yeah, that's also a Guy Richie product. That's a big dude show. It's love that show. It is very very duty.
Speaker 1: Speaking of dudes, John Cobolt coming up next. We will catch you tomorrow. Stay dry, everybody, blessings.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.