Speaker 1: Toby and Chili Mornings on Demand on ninety seven point one Wash Them.
Speaker 2: Nobody here lost power right yesterday?
Speaker 3: No, nope, did you?
Speaker 2: Good boy? I understand there's a lot of people waking up without power this morning. That's tough.
Speaker 4: But the line Cruise will do what they've got to do in the meantime before we get the show started.
Speaker 2: Remember, if the weather gets crazy and you.
Speaker 4: Feel like you're gonna lose power, or maybe power goes down, your iHeart app can keep you connected whenever that happens. Good morning, Where Toby and Chilly in the morning. It's ninety seven point one wash FM on a Friday. Boy, those storms yesterday were a little bit crazy, but we can't let those storms stop us from feeling good this morning. Katy Harrison for Chilly Tomaw why you feeling good today?
Speaker 3: I am feeling good today because the coffee machine is working. Oh yeah, that's important.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: The coffee machine here is absolutely perfectly glorious. I got a lot de yeah, yeah, it's nice. I love it. I ask you it is.
Speaker 4: It's one of those little things in life that we don't think. Our boss is four enough. Thank you for the coffee machine. That gives us the free coffee that we need, even though sometimes we go and bring in the coffee from other places. And Taylor, Shay, why are you feeling good before five o'clock this morning?
Speaker 3: I have a date tomorrow? Wait a minute, what with my husband?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, you can date your husband. You should date?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, though, I was gonna be like, I was about to look at you sideways because I know your husband well, and I'm like, yeah, is there something going on that I don't need to know about because I don't want to have answers if I'm.
Speaker 2: Asked, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Saturday, we're going to Arlington Draft House. A friend of ours has a charity comedy show.
Speaker 2: Oh rock on.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Well it's for a great cause and it's comedy, and there's there's just nothing like good stand up comedy live in person. You know, TV does wonders for things like Netflix, but there's just something about seeing it live. So I'm a little envious of you this morning. Of all of the things that I'm very thankful for before five, and very you know, they cause me to feel good before five. I just wanted to say that it's been fun this week with the two of you, and I'm thankful I've had the chance to have both of you like just having fun in the morning doing what we do while while doing what we do, because if you can't have fun doing what you do, then is it really worth doing?
Speaker 2: You know, Wow, that sounded almost poetic.
Speaker 3: But you know, Mel Robbins over here, Yeah, right on.
Speaker 4: Thank you for coming to this Toby Talk today anyway. Why are you feeling good? The numbers eight sixty six, nine two, seven, forty three sixty one. Feel free to use it. Talk back, Mike's Wide Open two or Toby and Chilly in the Morning Coming up in minutes. Top Stories at the top of the hour. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Arlington County Police need your help with this.
Speaker 4: You'll find out coming up with top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Dcent.
Speaker 1: Top Stories top of the hour.
Speaker 3: The White House says President Trump will make his decision about possible US intervention and the Iran Israel complict in two weeks. There's been a wide speculation about whether Trump will authorize the use of US bunker busting bombs to take out the Iranian nuke facilities. He's expected to convene a national security meeting later today. The FDA has approved a powerful drug that's been shown to nearly eliminate the spread of HIV and clinical trials. It's a twice yearly injectable, and despite the decline in new diagnosis, one point one million Americans are still living with HIV. Utility crews are working hard to restore power to thousands of customers in Northern Virginia. Nearly seventy thousand people lost power yesterday afternoon as storms rolled out. Dominion Energy was still reporting over twenty thousand outages early this morning, mainly in Arlington, Alexandria, and across Fairfax. Northern Virginia Electrical Cooperative was reporting about five hundred outages earlier this morning as well, mostly in Prince William. Police are investigating a series of political messages left on top of stop signs and dumpsters in Arlington County. Messages such as no Kings and fight for Freedom have been placed on more than a dozen road signs and trash containers since President Trump took office. Crews have been working to clean up the graffiti while police are trying to find out who is responsible. The Arlington County Police Department is encouraging residents to report any graffiti scene so it can be tracked and removed. And finally, a not surprising study finds that ultra processed foods like chips, cookies, frozen food, fast food, and sugary drinks can alter parts of the brain involved in hunger, cravings, and decision making. These changes make it harder to resist junk food, creating a vicious cycle where the more processed foods you eat, the more your brain craves them. Now that is food for thought. We got sunshine today, temps in the eighties, lower humidity, thank goodness. Currently we are at sixty seven in lisber.
Speaker 4: Remember with Toby and Chilly in the morning, you get top stories at the top of the hour, that's what we call the news. And now that you're up to speed, stay there because we want to talk about you and how you're doing. The Friday morning edition of Your Morning Mindset is on the way in minutes.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere. Toby and Chili in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Hey, before we go any further, KT, thank you for playing the part of Chilium are this week.
Speaker 2: I know getting up early is not easy at all.
Speaker 3: Definitely a struggle, but you know what, it's all easier with positive words from you and our morning mindset.
Speaker 4: That's right, and because of our best of the eighties weekend it starts later on today with Sabrina Kanti at five, we look to Tears for Fears for some advice for your morning mindset today. They say shout let it all out because letting go clears the space for growth. Right, so pull it Teers for Fears today and maybe listen to the song this weekend on ninety seven point one wash FM shout shout let it all Out. That's your morning mindset for this Friday. Hopefully it's helped you and if you need to read it again, maybe you want to hear it again, you can just connect with Toby and Chilipage at waschfm dot com now coming up with Toby and Chilly in the morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's got something that they have been putting off. What is it for you?
Speaker 4: We'll tell you what it is for us and you can jump in now eight sixty six, nineteen seven forty three sixty one or tap the talkback microphone if you're signed into your I heart app. Tell us we won't judge. We'll just talk about it next. We're about to get really honest and vulnerable Toby and Chilly in the morning. It's ninety seven point one wash FM as we talk about things that we keep putting off. Eight six six nineteen seven forty three sixty one is the number.
Speaker 2: You can also join.
Speaker 4: The conversation via talkback if you're signed into your iHeart app. Just have to speak send we'll get your voice note in the studio. So Taylor Shae, our producer, tell me, what is something that you keep putting off?
Speaker 5: Amazon returns The pile in the corner of our home studio is just I mean, I don't even want to know how much stuff needs to be returned.
Speaker 4: You like need to go to Cole's. Don't think you can take those two coals. You can even take them to Amazon fresh, right, says the.
Speaker 3: Guy who also puts stuff off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very true.
Speaker 3: What do you put off? Toby?
Speaker 4: I have a milk crate full of Amazon Echo speakers, and I've been saying I'm gonna take it to Amazon and return it. But that was about a year and a half ago. My significant other actually pointed that out over the weekend She's like, you keep saying you're gonna do that. You've been saying it for a year and a half, and I'm like, oh yeah, So to your point, Taylor Shae, yeah hahah. And Katie Harris, something that you keep putting off? Please don't judge.
Speaker 3: But the one thing that I am always putting off is cleaning my car. Like I am constantly on the on the road sometimes and it like it's hot, it's raining, I'll do it tomorrow, I'll do it tomorrow. It's gotten to the point that I feel like I don't need an anti theft system with my car because just looking at it will scare you off. No one's gonna steal it.
Speaker 2: Here comes Leslie. She's listening this morning in Derwood. What are you putting off, Leslie?
Speaker 1: Laundry and dishes, because before I know it, I don't have any socks.
Speaker 2: Or plates, bowls, knives, underwear.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that that says a lot about you guys, that we're busy. Yeah, smell you later. News is on the way. Top Stories at the top of the hour, Stay with Toby and Chilly.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 1: Top Stories. Top of the Hour.
Speaker 3: President Trump says that he still hasn't made a decision on whether the US will launch offensive strikes against Iran, but we could know in the next two weeks. He also stated that Iran should have reached a nuclear deal with US before Israel launched its first strike just one week ago. Meanwhile, health officials are tracking a new highly contagious COVID nineteen variant. The strain, known as Nimbus, is now responsible for more than a third of all US COVID cases. The standout symptom a severe sore throat that's been dubbed razor blade throat because it reportedly feels like swallowing sharp metal. The CDC says Nimbus accounts for thirty seven percent of current infections in northern Virginia. Tens of thousands are still without power this morning. Strong storms yesterday knocked out service to nearly seventy thousand customers. Crews have been working around the clock to restore electricity now. If you're headed to Cathedral Commons in DC tomorrow, please plan ahead. Newark Street will be closed between Wisconsin and Idaho from noon till seven for the second annual Watermelon Festival. Expect emergency no parking zones to go in effect as early as ten am. And finally, how Safe is driving in the DMV USA Today got an exclusive look at All State's annual Driving Report and this study, now on it's seventeenth YERE ranks two hundred US cities based on collision data, now the top three riskiest cities for drivers coming in at number one Boston, at number two Washington, DC, and number three Baltimore. Thankfully, the report does not impact your insurance rates. Just remember be patient behind the wheel. We got lots of sunshine today, tempts in the eighties with lower humidity. Currently we are at sixty seven in Hyattsville and.
Speaker 4: That's the news with Toby and Chilly in the morning, you get top stories at the top of the hour. Want to hear from you at age sixty six, ninet two, seven, forty three, sixty one, or if you want to have to talk back microphone. If you're signed into your iHeart app listening to us, you can send us a quick voice note. Here in the studio, everybody has something we want to hear what it is for you, and we'll share a little bit about what makes us unique with you as well.
Speaker 2: Join the conversation.
Speaker 4: We'll get into it next Toby and Chilly in the morning on ninety seven point.
Speaker 2: One Wash FM.
Speaker 4: I'm joined by Katie Harris, who's been in for Chili Tomorrow all week. Our producer Taylor Shay's in the studio and you have a voice at the table at eight six six, nine two seven forty three sixty one, or when you tap the talk back microphone if you're signed in listening to us. We would love to know what it is that makes you unique. Everybody has that something that is distinctively you. There is no right or wrong answer, Katy Harris, what is it that makes you unique?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: You guys are gonna love this. I discovered this when I was younger about myself. Now this is this is my hand. I'm putting it over here on the on the table. Now watch it move.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to look over there. Now are you.
Speaker 3: Double joining in your elbow? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Both of them? Look woo both of them?
Speaker 5: Woah?
Speaker 3: Do you need a talk like see how.
Speaker 4: Ben's thanks to Taylor Shay. I'm not looking over in your direction. It's nothing personal. I just don't really need to feel that sort of feel this morning. Uh, speaking of producer Taylor Shaye, What does it that makes you unique?
Speaker 5: I am a Jackie Kennedy fact.
Speaker 3: What do you call that?
Speaker 2: Jackie O NASAs Kennedy. You're an expert.
Speaker 3: Expert there you go. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I have read every biography and every documentary about her, and I know so many fun facts.
Speaker 2: Well, tell us one about Jackie O that we may not know.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, there's so many.
Speaker 5: So you know, when Marilyn Monroe was singing Happy Birthday to JFK.
Speaker 4: You mean when she was seducing the President of the United States, Oh, youna bengo.
Speaker 5: Jackie had entered herself into a horse show in Loudon County, just as a regular person.
Speaker 3: While he was doing that.
Speaker 4: The First Lady of the United States was riding horses out.
Speaker 3: In out in Loudon.
Speaker 2: Who knew?
Speaker 4: See is not double jointed? Mine is not knowing everything about a former first Lady jack You andsus Kennedy. If you look at my hand, here you see these little strawberry marks.
Speaker 2: That's my birthmark.
Speaker 4: So I have this strawberry, these strawberry birthmarks, and they're located right over my thumb and they're along my index finger.
Speaker 2: So I can make it talk like.
Speaker 3: This, and when I was a kid got a hand on.
Speaker 2: I had a hand puppet since I was born.
Speaker 3: It does look like a face on your hand.
Speaker 4: Yes, although the one eye is a little crooked because it's higher up. You can see pictures on our instad Toby.
Speaker 1: And Kelly's nearly Impossible question.
Speaker 3: Katie Harris, what is today's question? When packing for a trip? This is the most forgotten item?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: Eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one?
Speaker 2: Is the number? Eight sixty six? Wasch FM the number one call?
Speaker 4: Now answer it correctly you'll go see the Lumineers Nationals Park.
Speaker 3: The question again when packing for a trip this what is it?
Speaker 2: Call?
Speaker 4: Now, get it right and win eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one. Those Lumineer's tickets are calling you, and your nearly impossible question is on Toby and.
Speaker 1: Chilly's nearly impossible question.
Speaker 2: Kat what's that question again? In case somebody might have missed it?
Speaker 3: When packing for a trip. This is the most forgotten item.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Look who's on the phone right now for these Lumineers tickets?
Speaker 6: I guess it is.
Speaker 2: I'm going to my mind about there, say a belt? A belt? That is the correct answer.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, lumineers coming to town. You're going to this show from ninety seven point one wash FM.
Speaker 2: Stay right there. You know the drill. We got the news on the way next, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 3: President Trump is holding off on making a public decision about a possible US offensive strike against Iran. He's now indicated that he'll make that decision within the next two weeks. The US is tightening screening for student visas as applications resume. The st Apartment now requires foreign students to make their social media accounts public during the visa process. Officials say they're checking for any signs of hostility towards the US, including its people, culture, government, or founding principles. This new policy takes effect as visa appointments start back up after a pause last month. DC drivers will have to deal with a new traffic challenge starting next week. Construction to put a deck over Connecticut Avenue Northwest and DuPont Circle will begin next week. DC Transportation officials say that the biggest traffic impacts will begin next month, though at least one lane should be open for traffic at all times. Anyone interested in barbecue may want to hit DC this weekend. The thirty third annual National Capital Barbecue Battle is going to be held right along Pennsylvania Avenue on Saturday and Sunday. Pit Masters from around the country going to be competing for prizes while spectators like you and me get to enjoy free samples, music and activities. Today marks the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. That's right, the sun will shine longer today, more than any other day in twenty twenty five. As a matter of fact, right here in the DC area, we will be getting over fifteen hours of daylight. Speaking of daylight, we're going to get some sunshine this afternoon attempts in the eighties with lower humidity. Currently we are at sixty seven in Fairfax.
Speaker 2: And that is the news.
Speaker 4: Toby and Chilli in the Morning give you top stories at the top of the hour here at ninety seven point one. Watch at them, and we like stories that make you feel good. On a Friday coming up in just minutes, some Fairfax County students have helped to build a home worth one point three five million dollars wait till you hear this story. It is next with Toby and Chilli in the Monday.
Speaker 1: Top Stories Top of the Hour.
Speaker 3: President Trump is holding off on making a public decision about a possible US offensive striking I Ran. He's now indicated that he'll make that decision within the next two weeks. The US is tightening screening for student visas as applications resume. The State Department now requires foreign students to make their social media accounts public during the visa process. Officials say they're checking for any signs of hostility towards the US, including its people, culture, government, or founding principles. This new policy takes effect as visa appointments start back up after a pause last month. DC drivers will have to deal with a new traffic challenge starting next week. Construction to put a deck over Connecticut Avenue Northwest and DuPont Circle will begin next week. DC Transportation officials say that the biggest traffic impacts will begin next month, though at least one lane should be open for traffic at all times. Anyone interested in barbecue may want to hit DC this weekend. The thirty third Annual National Capital Barbecue Battle is going to be held right along to Sylvania Avenue on Saturday and Sunday. Pit masters from around the country going to be competing for prizes while spectators like you and me get to enjoy free samples, music and activities. Today marks the summer solstice, the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. That's right, the sun will shine longer today, more than any other day in twenty twenty five. As a matter of fact, right here in the DC area, we will be getting over fifteen hours of daylight. Speaking of daylight, we're going to get some sunshine this afternoon attempts in the eighties with lower humidity. Currently we are at sixty seven in Fairfax.
Speaker 2: And that is the news.
Speaker 4: Toby and Chilli in the Morning give you top stories at the top of the hour here at ninety seven point one. Watch at them and we like stories that make you feel good. On a Friday. Coming up in just minutes, some Fairfax County students have helped to build a home worth one point three five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Wait till you hear this story. It is next with and Chiley in the Morning.
Speaker 4: If it brings you all the fields in a Friday it's got to be our feel good story for today. Ninety seven point one WASHFM. We're Toby and Chile in the morning and today we go to Fairfax County where students have been building.
Speaker 2: This is pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: These students in Fairfax County just helped build a home that is now listed for one point three five million.
Speaker 3: Now. The carpentry students at Edison Academy, that's a tech education school in Fairfax County, they spent the last year and a half building a brand new five bedroom for bath Home and Springfield. And this is the thirteenth house that they've worked on, but it's also one of the most expensive.
Speaker 4: Now, before they even touched a ham or, the students got their osh's safety certifications, they learned about measurements, tools, building codes, and then they hit the site.
Speaker 3: These students got to the grind. They framed the walls, they did the entire basement, the back porch, roof, and even in installed drop ceilings. And get this, they did the brickwork themselves.
Speaker 4: And with help from local contractors, they wrapped up this project in about eighteen months.
Speaker 3: Now it's really neat is these students are going to take these skills straight into college construction management programs. As a matter of fact, some of them are already being eyed for jobs by local contractors.
Speaker 2: And here's what their teacher, Bruce Morrow, had to say about it all.
Speaker 1: You just want to find what am I going to do? How am I going to be? How am I going to make money and be in this world?
Speaker 3: Now? With all the construction demand here in Northern Virginia, there is going to be no shortage of opportunities.
Speaker 4: In fact, Bruce says, this next generation they're going to rebuild all of the infrastructure inside the belth Way over the next twenty five to thirty five years, and.
Speaker 3: The next class they are already getting ready to break ground on another new home right down the street.
Speaker 2: That is a great feel good Friday story for today.
Speaker 4: If you want to read it again, maybe you want to share it with someone, you can find it the Toby and Chili page WASHFM dot com. That's also where you can share it with us. Something that makes you feel good, not just on a Friday, but on any day. Toby and Chilly in the morning, It's ninety seven point one. Watch FM the news Top stories at the top of the hour, Next.
Speaker 1: Top stories, top of the hour.
Speaker 3: President Trump says that he will decide within two weeks at the US will intervene and the Iran Israel conflict. White House Press secretary says in the meantime, Trump is allowing for the possibility of talks with Iran and that correspondence between the US and Iran is ongoing. The sex trafficking trial of Sean Diddy Combs will resume in New York this morning. The hip hop Mogul's former personal assistant is expected to take the stand. Utility crews are still working on restoring power to thousands of customers in northern Virginia. Nearly seventy thousand people lost power yesterday afternoon as storms roll through the area.
Speaker 1: Students who take part in.
Speaker 3: DC Summer Youth Program are encouraged to apply for a city sponsored scholarship. The Mayor's Opportunity Scholarship Program will award twenty five hundred dollars to seventy five students between eighteen and twenty four years old. Now. The money can be used for college or for occupational skills training by students with unmet financial needs. Those entering the military or ROTC are also eligible to apply. The deadline is July seventh. Pizza or French fries? How about both in one bite? Frozen pizza brand Tombstone has launched its newest creation, French Fries style crust pizza. The pizza crust is actually made from potatoes and comes in two different varieties, Chili cheese and loaded bacon cheddar. Both pies are gluten free and will be available in Walmart next month to coincide with National French Fry Day on July eleventh. Temps in the eighties with lower humidity to day. Right now, we are currently at sixty six and buoie.
Speaker 2: And that's the news.
Speaker 4: Toby and Chili's top stories at the top of the hour ninety seven point one watch FM want to hear from you because next we're gonna talk about your useless talent.
Speaker 2: What is it? There is no right or wrong answer.
Speaker 4: We just want to hear what that useless talent is that you've got. So call us at eight sixty six ninet two, seven forty three sixty one or tap the talkback microphone. If you're signed into your iHeart app, you can just drop us a voice note and get involved.
Speaker 2: That way, we're talking about it.
Speaker 4: Next little earlier, we were talking about useless talents that we all have. Toby and Chili in the morning. It's ninety seven point one wasch FM. We shared ours and omg hat opened the floodgates on the phone and via talkback. So if you want to jump in eight sixty six ninet two seven forty three sixty one or tap that talkback microphone. Katie let's first talk to Ronald listening to us in Waldorf, what is your useless time?
Speaker 3: The ability to grab the remote control of my toes and chase the chattel with that is tote totally amazing.
Speaker 2: Get it.
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: What she go?
Speaker 4: There? Well, there it is in Potomac. Hello, Nikki, what's your useless talent?
Speaker 6: Okay, my useless talent is super useless, but yet it seems to impress people.
Speaker 5: I can try.
Speaker 6: A bow with a cherry stem in my mouth. It is the most useless talent, but yet when I do it at parties, people are so impressed with me. So I whip it out from time to time.
Speaker 3: That's what he said.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, Miranda, listening to us this morning in Chevy Chase useless talent.
Speaker 1: I'm just really good at cleaning that's like it.
Speaker 3: I would say cleaning that is definitely not a useless talent.
Speaker 6: I know it's not really all of that much of a talent, but I'm obsessive compulsive, so.
Speaker 1: My house is like really clean. My friends actually asked me to come over and clean Mary. That's how useless I am.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that's useless.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, would you be my new bff?
Speaker 1: Please? Please?
Speaker 2: What do you have planned for this afternoon? Now?
Speaker 4: Murray, good morning in Fairfax. What's your useless talent?
Speaker 1: You're really good at thumb wars. Nobody can beat me.
Speaker 2: I've got great technique.
Speaker 1: I'm a master.
Speaker 3: One great short.
Speaker 1: I declare thumb Woar. Want more Toby and Jilly head over to washfm dot com or the iHeartRadio app