Speaker 1: Right. Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, April fifteenth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and eighty six. I'm your host jan Oh Shoa somehow figured out how to do my taxes last minute. Happy tax Day to those who celebrate, and if you followed for an extension'll see you in October. Joining us as always co captain of the ship. And he's handling all the books today.
Speaker 2: Jeff Crey. I've downloaded turbo texts and I don't know what any of this shit is.
Speaker 1: Uh, Dan Record, I'm gonna ask you if I have a file for tips or whatever for any of those venmos that people sent me.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 3: That's probably like a friends and family type situation. And maybe don't ask me. Because I got a letter yesterday. I think I might be getting audited.
Speaker 1: Speaking about auditing, we got the bad Boy Games Media and game Financing, mister Minatti.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd be so scared if I was getting on, But that's because you're you. Dan's gonna come out with more money. Like when he's done getting on, let.
Speaker 3: Me call clarify because I don't think it's a problem, and you tell me if you think this is a problem. So my taxes are very complicated because there are a bunch of stuff going on, and one of them is fire Escape and we have the LLC that's in Delaware, and so I got a letter from Delaware yesterday being like, hey, we're kind of holding on to your thing until we're just kind of looking at some stuff. I'm what does that mean? So I got a hold of the ladies do my taxes, and they're a company that's like a tax firm tax and the Yeah, they've done a great job with it, and I just I give them the forms. So like when I get the ten ninety nine from my fire Escape, I give it to them. They file all the stuff I pay them, and so like should all be there's no weirdness going on there, And they're like, oh, it's not really an audit. They're just reviewing it. But like, let us know if you hear anything else from that, it's.
Speaker 2: You know, if it's Delaware. Did you get a letter from the I R S Or from the state of Delaware.
Speaker 1: I think it was the state of Delaware.
Speaker 2: You're fine, Delaware thing.
Speaker 3: I'm not like doing weird write offs or anything.
Speaker 4: It's like I've been nervous just because like when I do my taxes right now, I'm doing the laziest way possible, where taxually nine has this thing right basically just upload a bunch of documents and I fill out a couple of forms and then they just they do it. And I don't think it's the most efficient way, but it's sure is the easiest.
Speaker 2: Uh So I like doing that.
Speaker 4: But it's also like I don't know if I really have anybody in my corner over there, it's gonna come and help me out too much if I suddenly get audited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I my I kind of have a tax person and he called me this Sunday and he's an old, old, old Filipino man. That is the most remugeny person i world.
Speaker 2: I wanted to do my taxes.
Speaker 1: Just give me twenty thirty years, greb uh. And he just calls me and he goes, I know you haven't filed for of your taxes yet, Dracula.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to do a Filipino accent, so I think I did a no SA.
Speaker 2: File your taxes.
Speaker 4: I am just picturing the Filipino version of like that old guy with the cigar who calls Homer about like his stock and the power put.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty much him and I. I he told me, just drop up your envelope your W twos in the male books, and then I did, and then he like he stumbles out of there like that he was expecting me and waiting for me the whole day. And then I go like, hey, thanks for doing this, blah blah blah, I'll see you next year. And he does this every single year, and I tell him. I try and be jovial a joke with him, Hey, like i'll see you next year, thanks for doing my taxes, and he just always goes if I live that long, I like it, like that energy, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, all the things of him, like predicting you coming. He does sound like Gary Oldman in uh Stove Stroke Broker Stoker. I always puss up the brand part and then the stroker comes out and I'm like, no, it's Stoker brand Stroker to come out, not bad. No, you never want that. You want to keep that hidden away. But it sounds like Gary Oldman in that movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good movie. I don't know if you've seen it recently. It's like weird in a super fun way, because it's like.
Speaker 2: In that weird period where where they're like, uh, special effects, like you could go in any direction, but they're like, we're just gonna do it cheap on a like on a stage, and it has this ethereal awesome matte paintings.
Speaker 1: And stuff like really fucking cool stuff. It's awesome. He his den area that I've been in a couple of times. It's the most confusing before no no, no, no, no, my tax guy. Okay, I haven't been a Draculas in a minute. I don't know what he's up to, because you know, sometimes we need to enter someone's domain. You you can kind of tell what they're into sometimes where they lean politically and kind.
Speaker 2: Of walking to dance house and know what he's all about. That seems far fetched certain rooms because like, okay, he'll have he has like a lot.
Speaker 1: Of American flags everywhere, and I understand, like, hey, you know you're proud to be an American you immigrated here. I get that. Uh. And then like he'll have some like uh he has like a framed Giants jersey that's signed by like the World Series team, and then he has a picture of Obama and then he has like uh you know, maybe some uh firearms displayed and then like a stuffed head somewhere. I'm like, I don't know where you go, man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, yeah, I can't tell you all about my worry today.
Speaker 1: Yeah please.
Speaker 2: I was at the Zoo this past weekend. Uh.
Speaker 1: And I didn't mean to laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, no, it was my series. Aren't you at the zoo every day you're there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got, I got.
Speaker 4: I did get one Gorilla's joke from my brother when I was standing by that exhibit, and that was great.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But they had a like a silent auction. It was like a form auction.
Speaker 4: This had all these items and you just like write your name on like the next bit and you put your contact information. I was at first I saw this Lord of the Rings thing. It was like a photo of Gallam Zoo Bam and Frodo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like most of it was like Pittsburgh Sports parapher Newly.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, Pittsburgh, No, absolutely not. They're from the Shire.
Speaker 1: Subdivision or something. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, oh, well, okay, I'll put my name on this thing. So like I was like the new highest bidder for this sign thing of uh, you know, Elijah Wood.
Speaker 2: And and Rudy what's his face? I was like what, But then like I didn't even notice they have one.
Speaker 4: It's like a cloth screenshot of Mike Tyson's punch out signed by Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, I got to put my name on this.
Speaker 4: And then like only after I like put eight the paper, I'm like, we'll be nice to win one of those.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want to win both of them because they are kind of expensive.
Speaker 4: So now I'm like looking at my email all day seeing if I get emailed by the Zoo to tell me if I have to like go and pay them a bunch of money for a signed to do dads.
Speaker 1: Did you win? Wait?
Speaker 3: So you don't know, but.
Speaker 4: I was winning bids and they weren't getting like a ton of bids, and it was basically one day with the auction. So it's one of these things where it's like if I win, that's kind of cool. I think ideally I would just win one of them. That would make me happy if I want to.
Speaker 2: That's too much winning. I'm tired of winning. If I won zero, then it's like, well, this is bullshit while I am I not a winner? So is it Mario referee going tko and Mike Tyson flexing his arm? Is it? What does it look like?
Speaker 3: I took a picture he signed a million of these things?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm like, I'm looking on seven five seven sports Collectibles and it's got this thing right here and it's two nine on this website.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's exactly what it is. This is Mike Tyson is waying for your challenge on the bottom. I think so, yeah, yeah, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: My bit I think was around there. I'll say that it's like I was getting some deal on it or anything.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's like I feel like that's the thing, Like the prices weren't so so cheap that it's like, well, I'm getting a deal here. I could just go and buy this thing on this site. This looks a little different than mine, jefft basically okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all kind of look like that, and I'm slightly different. Yeah, did you get a teleprompter?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Why would you ask? That's a very weird question.
Speaker 3: The unbroken eye contact and also that slight haze that happens when it's the cameras looking through a screen with stuff on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, yeah, I think I need to like turn down the brightness on it because it's creating out full screen.
Speaker 3: Did and so you get any any of the borders or anything the white stuff, it will cause that haze. But yeah, I noticed the eye contacts like, oh, I think you gotta telegraph.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jean Luke said it to me, actually shout outs to them. It was I'm like, oh, yeah, that'll be good for like the social stuff when I'm doing game breaking news. So yeah, I got you all on a little box over there. Hi, fellas, Hi, get me out of here. That's what it looks like if you're like a little camera prison.
Speaker 1: Uh camera prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Before we get into games, I was helping my partner out with like a school event and then somehow, for whatever reason, they had a Bay Area legend perform a song event. No, not not Rakishi, no for my fellow bedestrians out there. For whatever reason, the the o tour behind the song I got grapes Nump n Ump Filipino. Dude. It's actually a banger of a track. Y'all should go listen to it. Uh was backstage and I was talking to him and like I was just telling him like yo nump, thank you for like representation, thank you for like representing the bay. And then he he he like DAPs me up and then he just goes yoh, yadaa mean, and then I just yelled back at him, yadaa mean.
Speaker 5: We were just stuck there for like a solid minute and a half, just like redapping each other up and yelling yatata mean at each other, and it was I just felt like we were like charging something up.
Speaker 1: We were about to do like a fusion dance or something.
Speaker 2: Like rubbing a balloon on your hair, like you're really just exchanging energy. Sure exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh it's just so good. And I feel like Nick before GB at Night, before every segment grub. We're just gonna do that and I'm not gonna count you down anymore, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I don't need that. I need I need to be a mean exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep We're gonna I'm gonna go down the line of guests on the couch. I'm gonna dap them up, like I can't wait to dap up Jason Schreyer and go yat at a mean and then we're gonna keep going and it's gonna escalate, and then it's gonna get to you grub and then after the last yat ata mean, we're gonna go up right, But.
Speaker 3: I want that couch to be Jason Schreier and Jacob Fattu.
Speaker 2: Spencer.
Speaker 1: You imagine we go to a gaming event and like we're taking a demo, Jason Schreyer walks into the room and then he just looks at you. You got three minutes. He just brings out the three minute warning again.
Speaker 3: But Jacob, anyway, we got Drew Scalen on a couch with Samoa Joe.
Speaker 1: Everything died? No, uh uh us? Chat?
Speaker 3: Hello, chat, I Hi, we can vamp, we can vamp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think the stream died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can still hear everything died. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was an exaggeration.
Speaker 1: Oh good, here here us We're still here.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, the chat's here. I'm gonna say a number, all right, uh ten ten ten, ten, all right, so chat if I see tens, I know you can actually see us, but there's a delay, so we'll see now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, all right, tens.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, all right, Well this is awkwards. We're waiting.
Speaker 4: We were we were waiting for the transition to games. I don't know what the hell I can vamp about right now. You want to hear more about the zoo? Yeah, what was your favorite animal? There was a sea otter who you know how they do sometimes do cart wills in the I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna interrupted be like that's so boring, but now I'm actually shootings.
Speaker 4: Was eating his own ass like he was just going to town on a place of spaghetti or something like, and he was doing he was like eating it. And then everyone saw he do the cartwheel on the water because he's just like looks like a tire and.
Speaker 2: He's just munching. He's just mudgeing.
Speaker 4: And like me and all the kids, all the thoughts are just staring at this this sea hotter just.
Speaker 2: Eating his ass like a man on a miss ship. I couldn't stop. Look, he just kept calling. I was like, I think you got it, buddy. He's like, no, this is more to do. There's more to eat in there, just calling. I took I was like, I guess I got to take a videos. I took a video.
Speaker 5: Share.
Speaker 2: I'll send you guys the video, please.
Speaker 4: I need just eating his ass in the water and doing flips and kidding.
Speaker 1: I was like a good time.
Speaker 2: I'm still I'm still a little hung up on like a plate of spaghetti without utensil. Was just burying his face in there like there, oh sa.
Speaker 3: It was something from chat chat says Mike is weirder than Dan.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm just reporting back.
Speaker 2: I'm just the man on the seat. He's just reporting the facts, all right. I would have also been like, hum, that's quite a while now. My cat eats his butt all the time. But it was it like that's work. I could tell that he's doing this for work. He doesn't really want to be doing it.
Speaker 4: Cute cat, Hey, jack cat, that's boss.
Speaker 2: Boss is a good name. That's boss.
Speaker 3: He's got his job to funk for two years and now he's getting neutered and retiring at my house.
Speaker 1: Uh my dog my Dogsler broke Sorry for that games, let's talk about him.
Speaker 3: Godler sound great?
Speaker 1: I updated the other what Jesus Christ ship that happens when I leave for a second. What Mike was talking about all of it?
Speaker 2: Oh good?
Speaker 1: I felt like I was trapped in a glass camera box Yester, just please stop him all right, speaking about eating ass, I.
Speaker 3: Oh, you got that room of blueprints?
Speaker 1: Yes, let me tell you there were a different set of prints in that room before we hit to Blue Prince Talk. I just wanted to say that I've been playing a lot of a board game called Settlers of Catan. I don't know if it's good.
Speaker 2: Played in a while, but I like that game quite a bit.
Speaker 1: I have nothing new to say about Settlers of Tan except I.
Speaker 2: Felt in there. I'm sorry watching the video of the otter. Now, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: And that was like after watching this guy for three men and I said he was doing flips and stuff.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, chan.
Speaker 1: No, I just felled out a rabbit hole, a very different hole than Mike is talking about. Of people planning and doing speed and like competitive catan, and it is absolutely bad shit because like people have gigantic breakdowns of like, all right, if you ever have like the planes next to a mountain, no matter what the dice roll is, you want to position here and like your first settlement or whatever, that's just a dummy settlement. You're using block off people.
Speaker 2: It's been game theory optimized, like poker or whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Like there was someone talking about like you have to be very bullish with one of your settlements, and like you just never you just build the road. It doesn't even matter if you're going for longest road. You're just trying to get people off. And like just the the gusto that some of these A Tanner's are talking about and how they're talking about it, it just makes me think, I don't actually want to play anything with you. It seems too serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just like messing around when I'm playing games for fun, especially the tabletop games.
Speaker 2: That's like, I mean, I get everyone's got their scene, but that's definitely like a space I would only ever want to be like, I am playing this with friends and or family for a night and then I probably will never think about it again. That's I know. Some people it's like their whole thing though, so you know, no shade to them.
Speaker 1: Do you.
Speaker 3: Do you two ever ever play Carcasson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's around the same time as I was playing Katon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the XPLA.
Speaker 3: That's how I got introduced to Sure I got I got an email today about a game coming out that just I'm very very intrigued by this. Apparently it's Tetris meets carcassone. H this game is a drop it drop Duchy, drop Ducci. I'm just looking at It's got a cool art style, and it's uh, this is suddenly on my radar. It's yeah, it's just like a deck builder Tetris Carson game.
Speaker 1: And that sounds real good to me.
Speaker 2: That sounds interesting for sure. I would like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, speaking about decks. Later today, Jake Decker and I and maybe some other folks will be uh participating and opening some some good old magic the Gathering packs, oh dear. And then yes, the fine folks at Wizards of the Coast sent over some darker dragon Storm booster boxes and a Commander deck. You know, we we uh hung out a little bit with a kind of funny gang last week. I feel like I might just barge in there in just like play, just set up a tabletop mat of a deck, Matt and just just play with snow bike, mic and blessing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just attack them with magic yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: To their spot. Oh yeah, I could just roll downhill.
Speaker 2: Okay, glad he did that packspanel just like god some summer ste Oh my god, I don't think I've recovered.
Speaker 1: I think that's what what did it for me? Yeah, probably that I haven't gotten the chance to play too many other things, but I did play a bunch of blue prints, And as I understand it, and I've heard from y'all, I think you guys like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let let's talk about this real quick. The backlash is surprising to you guys at all.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of confused by it. What's the deal? What are people mad about?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know it's got it's like mixed on Steam or whatever, or like, are mostly good, It's in that range. My thing is when people are talking about their complaints, I get it, but at a certain point, we're just talking about a completely different game, like your experience four or five hours in, it's so removed from what I have done in that game that like, I appreciate that if you were saying it's not for you after that amount of time, but like, we just can't have a real constructive conversation about the games because I like, it's a completely it's turned into a different game like two or three times for me at this point, but.
Speaker 4: It's so weird to me, Like, like I get that, and yeah, it gets more complicated, it gets better, but I also thought the game was very good almost immediately. Also, I mean this is always bound to happen to some suctent because it's still more of a niche genre, right, So a lot of people are gonna play almost any game that gets like A ninety or above and then find out, well, I don't like this.
Speaker 2: Genre or things like that.
Speaker 4: That's definitely happening, right, And you know, it's like it's always a little weird, and I don't want. I know, the most obnoxious thing ever is to tell somebody you just don't get it.
Speaker 2: So I won't. I'll try not to.
Speaker 4: But there are like some of them plates I hear are surprised me, Like a lot of people complain about the RNG, and I'm like, that's not really, that's not really what the game's about. I know it is, but I don't know. I never felt bad about the RNG and the.
Speaker 2: And then for me, like I always I mean, like going back to your thing like where it's like grinding in an RPG, where it's like that's playing the game like.
Speaker 3: Here, like I No No Run was for not you know as I played through that game.
Speaker 1: Is it basically people.
Speaker 3: That are like doing the Sewan thing? Of playing that a little bit and being.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, like the like there's the sean camp of people are like, oh, puzzle games are not my genre, and those I'm like, oh, this game is not for you. That's it's just that step up and then yes, yes, And then there's the other side of I love puzzle games, the Witness, all these other things missed. I love the stuff, but the RNG, I hate it. And you know that's not been my experience. It's kind of where I'm at with that. I'm like, the RNG has made me more engaged because each run I have a base foundational gameplay mechanic to get better at, to understand more, to deploy knowledge in. And I can have a run that I can try to shape, you know, in this direction, and then if things start going sideways, I try to roll with the punches and I love that in the game or it's it ends and then I go again, and now I've got even more aformation.
Speaker 4: There's no punishment for having run die right, So yeah, but I guess, you know, some people just have roadblocks and some people have roebucks about a lot of things. You know, every game, right, it's like this, there's still people when you bring up Breath for the Wild will complain about weapon degradation or something like that, right, and certain point to be like, well, that's still one of the best games of all time, even though some people don't like it. And the internet this way, right, whenever people don't like something, you're they're the ones that you you hear from.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that their opinions aren't.
Speaker 4: Valid or anything like that, but yeah, I'm it's a little surprising. Maybe part of it is because you know, way I got rizzed up a lot by us, and to be clear, because we absolutely love it and we think it's one of the best games in the kind of really, I'm kind of like, I'm gonna have to force myself to stop because there's other things I really should be playing, and I rode credits a while ago, but I still just love pulling on all these different strings. There's all these different puzzles, like entire new mechanics. I am still somehow discovered just discovered.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah I haven't. I haven't seen in the room. You know. That's what I love about this game versus other games, is that I have heard y'all ad nauseum at this point talk about this game, and there's still a gigantic chunks where like I have no fucking clue.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm like, I've been playing for I don't know. I can look at my Steam counter, but it's a lot that's gonna be way off. I left it on all night last night because I had to solve a puzzle in roommate and I didn't want to stop. But I've been playing for very long, and there's still so much like at this point, it's not like I was like, oh, I got credits and I understand twenty percent. At this point, it's like I understand most of it, but there are massive chunks that I still have not even engaged with or fully have even comprehended. I'm like getting to piece together the lore, and like I got to another place in like a room, you know, not even in the house, that just kind of unlocked so much more information about who some of these characters are. And I'm like, oh my god, I guess I should have let that one thing that said don't get too political. I should have read into that more. There's more going on here.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, I gosh, I basically just read a short story the other day and it was like very good. It was like a well written short story and I was really interested in it. And I know it ties into the game world somehow. I know it's probably about a location that I haven't been to yet. I think some of that is correcting itself, Jeff, Like, you know, it's Steam. It's a very positive now right right, there was growing. I think there's something a little bit there because there were a flot of people who are like, I guess we're all gonna check this out, and yeah, I don't know, I'm gonna be for everyone.
Speaker 1: For me, I enjoy the run based nature. Maybe that's just because I enjoyed roguelikes at this point because of I've gained this genre. Yeah yeah, yeah, But like it has me hooked in a way with Blueprints in such a way that I, uh, in a different way where I bounced off of Lorali and the Laser Eyes and that like I really enjoy the setting of Lorali. I really enjoyed all of the puzzles there. Uh, And like you know, there is learning that is happening that you were bringing with you throughout the house. But with Blueprints in that house, it's just like a different set of skills, and when I hit a roadblock, I can just go do something else entirely and still feel like I am making tangible rights. Yep.
Speaker 3: I think I've been telling myself last couple of days that I'm probably done with it, but then I do find myself keep going back because like I feel like I've done like all, like I saw credits a long time ago, and I can at least see what these other puzzles are going to be, and it is definitely it's like, okay, well I could go all the way in here, and I have taken a lot of notes and stuff, but I think it would give it maybe dozens more hours for me to fully understand all this stuff. Maybe that's a stretch, but like you know what I mean, some of the post game stuff, you know, sigils and things like that and lower stuff. So I am kind of flirting with the like, Okay, I do I throw in the towel here and be comfortable with it. I think I might be, because again I got fifty sixty hours out of this game, and that's one of my favorite games.
Speaker 4: Or you could kind of like do the thing where it's like, well, maybe at this point now start looking some stuff up, right, some stuff.
Speaker 3: Like I did that with the gallery puzzle because I looked at all four of those things. That was a lot, you know, that was what the fuck is this? And so talking about?
Speaker 2: So that's yeah, so yeah, maybe I'll do that.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's just like yeah.
Speaker 1: Because I do want to.
Speaker 2: I think in our discord, I think maybe we can just have an agreement, maybe talk like more openly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there was a part of the billiard puzzle that I just couldn't figure out. I even like got to a room that I think was trying to help me figure out more, and I still was like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was just like, ja, I have felt actually pretty smart with the billiard and stuff with the dark board thing, because everyone's complaining about it, and they're complaining about the point where it's like, oh, no, there's a square, and it was like, oh, I'm weird things past that and I'm flying through it.
Speaker 2: Still worry about how you think you're scared of the square. You don't even.
Speaker 3: Wait till the squigglies and the dots and.
Speaker 1: The square got me.
Speaker 4: Now, now, a couple of complaints that I've seen that I do agree with it is wild that you can't suspend a run get its way through.
Speaker 2: That's that's a bit of a pain. And the wrench item.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys had troubles with this, but I got this wrench and I didn't really understand what it did, and I think I accidentally made it so a useful room is now very rare and I will almost never see it again. It might be a nestle room. I don't even remember which one for me, but I mean other people are having that problem and you can't reset it easily. So I just think the wrench wasn't explained, or maybe I'm dumb because I didn't understand what it did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't understand the wrench the first time I got it either. I think it's because you the way you interface with using the wrench is different than the way you use a lot of other items, so it like it activates when you enter a mechanical room.
Speaker 3: Basically, be careful when you get the wrench, everybody, Because I didn't get the wrench until like over fifty hours I saw wrench.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got it like one time, very late in but I think I immediately used it poorly because I didn't understand what it was.
Speaker 2: Have you been to the conservatory in the corners of the house.
Speaker 1: Like conservatory, it's a green room. It helps a ton.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I have been in there, I think. Yeah, so hopefully it show back up in there and you can reset things a little bit right right right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: No, I just can't wait to get to game of the year's season and learn that all of us are still playing this game or checking in like or so a week or whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But boy, I was like, I am thinking about that because if we if we do the debate there again, it's like, man, well, like we really like it.
Speaker 2: Sean is a charac Tamp didn't like it, so it's just like it is.
Speaker 4: I guess I am a little surprised that as divisive as it is, well, the people who like it seem to really really like it, and other people kind of don't get.
Speaker 2: It or it really is just different games. Like I mean, I don't get it, said I didn't mean. I didn't mean it like that. I said. I wasn't gonna say they don't get it, they don't like it. You know, when you like you watch a movie and then you go on line to read the criticism and it's like, these people just watch something different than I did. The thing they saw is just win in their brain in a different way than it went in my brain. That that's what's what happened. What's happening here for me? Still, I'm like looking at a lot of the Steam reviews and it's like, Okay, well this person's got five hours.
Speaker 1: That is just a whole.
Speaker 2: Other experience than everything I've done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's a like so Jamie h went to do four and check it said, the one good plain I see is that the RG can break your flow state, like you know what you have to do, but the rooms you need just aren't showing up. I think so like that that goes back to what I'm saying is, Look, you have a goal and you're working towards it, but it's not necessarily the end all be all at all times, you shouldn't feel bad that you don't immediately hit that specific goal that you're working on, because I promise you there are one hundred of things happening around you and maybe you don't even think you're absorbing useful information, but just by playing the game.
Speaker 1: You are, Ye, that's right.
Speaker 3: We'll realize until you find something hours later and you're like, oh, I've seen that.
Speaker 2: And the best way to spark that continues to be if you see a room you haven't been in before, go into it, ye kind of no matter what you're like, yeah, you might, maybe you'll get credits really fast if you get like some god run really early on. That matters less than kind of understanding these first early ways to open up the rest of the game, and that's done by going into rooms you haven't been in before. I do plan to continue playing for the next little while. I have four red letters of eight trying to get the rest of those. I am I don't know if I'm gonna like, there's more stuff happening beyond the credits, like you know, the sigil stuff. Dan, I'm I've gotten two of those, but there's a lot more than that, and so I'm like, well, that's a lot of work to kind of figure out what's going on there, but I'm gonna keep pressing up against that, and that's sort of my big goal right now. And then as I do that, there's all kinds of smaller Stuff'm like, oh, yeah, I forgot about this thing that I ignored twenty five hours ago because I couldn't figure it out. Let's take a crack at that again. And that's like happened like one of the first early puzzles that we all, like the beyond the getting to the Room forty six, that we all kind of stubbled on, and I think everyone's going to kind of do it this way because the game kind of eventually just tells you to do this one meta puzzle. I had that sitting in my notes for forever, and then finally I just saw something in another room that was like, oh, are they being cheeky with like the way that they're writing this out. I'm gonna go back to that room and look around and that's like, oh okay, I found the things that I was supposed to be doing, like using his information to open a safe, and say, oh my god, that felt really good. That just finally had that click into place after so long.
Speaker 3: That is when I did look up recently, and that's the one with the larger puzzle with that we made a graph for and yeah, okay, oh.
Speaker 2: Right, I still don't think I figured that one out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, like part of it too, is I just like the vibes of this game. I love the way this bench looks. I just happy to do a run and kind of chill and vibe and go through the rooms. It's not a lot of times I'm not even necessarily think like, this is the puzzle I'm working on. I just kind of go through and see what I in lock, see what I find. Maybe I get a lot of money in this run and I can unlock something that way, or maybe I'll finally get to an item that I haven't had in a while.
Speaker 2: I could try some new things with that that I have some ideas on. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's kind of I just kind of go in there and vibe sometimes because I think the game is gorgeous and moody and atmospheric as all get ye.
Speaker 2: I just like having a plan and like try and execute on that plan and then it doesn't go right. And like I said, rolling with the punches is a major part of any Rogue Light and really any game, but any Rogue Late especially. It's like, Okay, the game is giving me this, what can I do with this? And say, oh, yeah, that reminds me. There's this one room I've been trying to get or this combination of rooms and oh yeah, I passed up the observatory and I didn't activate that one thing because I'll make red rooms happen more frequently. But now I actually do need a red room, and that will help me with this other room. So let me go back and do that. See if I can open up a few more, maybe I'll get lucky. They'll be close together. Like it's there's so many avenues for coming up with ideas while you're doing a run, after you get past the first initial setup of what the game is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fun because like at the top of my document, I have like you know, probably over a dozen like you know, threads that I'm trying to follow. And then so I'll start a run and I'll go to the outside and I'll see what three rooms are on the outside thing, and it's like, okay, well, if there's a it's a tomb day or it's a classroom day, then that'll focus me towards like, Okay, I know I've got a couple of things.
Speaker 1: Specifically for those days. So that's what this day is all about.
Speaker 3: It's trying to do the classroom stuff or if it's something that doesn't really help me, know, I just go to the tool shed or something. It's like, all right, well I've got this list of a dozen things here, and let's just see like, oh, that room popped up. Okay, so let's narrow it into that and like you find your focus for the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a decision tree kind of thing. Yeah, totally, yeah, Okay, go ahead. I'm sorry because I just I mean, you know, I saw this in chat see some other people. It's like, oh, the people really like this game are being annoying and obnoxious, and I mean, gosh, I'm not trying.
Speaker 2: To be but yeah, it's just genuine.
Speaker 4: It's just I just really really like this game, and you know, it's stupid, and sometimes there is just that natural kind of like bummed out when you hear somebody says they don't like the thing that you like.
Speaker 2: Side of it a little bit bummer to like, not like something that people are profuse about. Yeah, yeah, so being apologized it comes off that way. I'm not not trying to, uh, but yeah, I just really like the game a bunch, and I think a lot of people are also trying it on game Pass and PlayStation Plus and things like that. Anyways, Uh, I think that's part of it too.
Speaker 4: Maybe a lot of people are trying this game who maybe even did know better that this might not be for them, right. But yeah, but I've been there when like something super super popular and I played and I don't get it.
Speaker 2: It's a bad feeling.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's well, it seems like this was probably good and I just don't get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it happens.
Speaker 1: Uh speak grub, you were talking about rolling with the punches. Let's keep the ball rolling here, Mike Manatti, Oh you've been playing dommas.
Speaker 2: Say, yeah, you know, it's neat.
Speaker 4: I played a lot of video games, and it's rare for me to have blind spots anymore, let alone really big ones. And somehow I just never really played Katamari Domas was.
Speaker 2: I was so excited for this game. I don't even know. It must have been must have been hyping up in e GM or something.
Speaker 3: Were And it was twenty dollars, which like that was back when like every game was fifty DOLLARSS Like I like.
Speaker 2: Bought a PS two for it, like that's what I had. I am getting it. I need to play this weird game. It looks awesome.
Speaker 1: I know that for game Fly, just so I could get this.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, yeah, you know, and I knew all that discourse, Like I was very much like on all the websites and the magazines at that point. And I don't know why I just dare really get to it or didn't care that much.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I was in some weird space.
Speaker 4: Where like I was like, oh, this stuff is too quirky, which is I don't know, a stupid thing to think. But yeah, I just never got into Kadamari. So finally I picked up re Roll, which is the sort of remaster of the first one. I just played through that on my stream. It's like, boy, I get it immediately.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, how would you not? Like right, I don't think I would trust someone who played Katamara mask. He's like, I don't get.
Speaker 4: It right, Like even like I knew it was going to be quirky and silly, but it was still quirkier and sillier than I was expecting in all the best ways. The ridiculous opening seems the funny dialogue from the King of All Cause, but then I know that guy is a goofby no, he's a popular character, and I'm like, yeah, guy.
Speaker 2: This guy right here, I like this big guy with the chin. He's great. He's a weirdo.
Speaker 4: But yeah, just rolling around feels good, just that gameplay loop, starting small, getting bigger to the point where you know, it's like it's one of the best feelings in the game ever when you get to that last level and you're just basically rolling up everything. You start rolling up the islands that you're on this side the tornadoes, like just like in like that one part you started in that seemed big. Is now this tiny speck in your Katamari And the music, oh, the music music, yeah.
Speaker 2: Plays on a loop in my head all the time. Oh yeah, so actually, oh go ahead daan Oh yeah, girl.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, like I remember back in the day, like I don't know if you were also intrigued by like whenever there was like Incredible Crisis or mister Mosquito just you know, very kind of wacky, very Japanese humor, like that was extremely up my alley.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's why I like, from the very first moment I like read a preview of Katamari and be like, oh, the King of all Cosmos, like basically gets drunk and breaks all the stars and you've got to roll stuff around. Like it's just like, this sounds amazing. Every screenshot looks so weird and funny, and it delivered.
Speaker 2: And then some it was like also like the first one that was like not but like an early one that was readily available, Like there were a lot of the games like that that like had this promise of weird Japanese stuff, which was always just like, man, this just looks so much fun to me. That's why I'm interested in it. But it's gonna be hard to track some of these games down, and I'm like I don't I don't have the heart to like try to go figure that out or whatever. And this one, like, no, they're just going to release this game. I'm like, well, I'm gonna go to my game store. I'm going to pre order it or whatever I have to do and make it all happen. And it was just so nice to like have it served up and and have it treated like it wasn't some weird of Japanese who's Japanese per thing. It's like, no, this is a cool game, and we're just gonna release it cause it's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I liked it so much that I did just start playing the sequel we left Katamari, which also was a remaster.
Speaker 2: Is that in the same package or it's.
Speaker 4: A separate purchase. They're both thirty dollars normally you know you can find places, but uh, yeah, and I know a lot of people like this one more. And immediately it felt smoother, like the controls were a bit tighter. It's still very silly. The aesthetics are fantastic, still great music, the objectives are a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more gimmicky. A lot of the time. I kind of wish her more levels.
Speaker 4: Dammar Jarra is there, Damn is there, and like I heard that he's kind of problem at it and now, but yeah, like you know, it's a bit more like, hey, you gotta roll a bunch of fireflies to help this person read and study at night. I'm like, okay, it's nice. Can I have more levels where it's just make a big Katamari in six minutes or something like that. It's a there's also some draw this and stuff in this one, which is weird for a remaster, specifically the things you need to roll up, but otherwise it's also just still very very very good. I'm not sure if I'm going to ultimately like it more than the first one, which I guess is maybe a mild hot take.
Speaker 2: I think most people like we love Katamari more. We'll see how I feel. Want I love the first one, but it's a great series, it turns out, y'all.
Speaker 1: Ever, check out Wattam Wattam.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play at it like a Pax or something. Yeah that's the same guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same dude. Yeah, I'm looking at screenshots of it now and I kind of I desire this level of weirdness, level of whimsy. I need it in my life.
Speaker 2: Is this Is this the Nobe Nobe boy guy as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wait, is he gonna if you got the game coming out? The two of t things? Okay, I'm curious about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just seeing him share some like timeline stuff or whatever. I don't know specifically if it was for the game or just for some assets. I'm just like, I need this directly inside of me right now. I need to t pose with the boys. Uh. And I'm and I don't really have the appetite to play Katamari right now, but maybe some Wattam if I have no idea what that game is.
Speaker 3: It is, there's something that was a little disappointing about it, because I remember the look and like the vibe of it was awesome, right.
Speaker 2: It was immaculate on that side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think the game itself, I forget the gameplay was just a let down.
Speaker 2: Did did girl ever reach Pluto in Nobi Nobi Boy?
Speaker 1: Like, did you play in Nobi Nobi Boy? No?
Speaker 2: I guess I have to check that one out too. That's another one. Just I must have had something against quirky Japanese kings for a while then. I don't know why. Yeah, you're super racist. Wow, I was like playing the wai Fu games. I think I was playing out Yeah, I don't know. I was definitely playing a lot of PC games at that time. I don't know sure, Okay, Okay, So this here, Mars was reached on March or May twenty third, two thousand and nine, then Jupiter on November twentieth, and then let's see, Pluto was reached on November twenty third, twenty fifteen, so ten years ago. Wow, Okay, Apparently she's supposed to loop back towards the Sun now, So I don't know if she's going to reach the sun ever, check back, no idea what you're talking about? Stretches, Like you play this boy and you make girls stretch, and she's and everyone worked together, I guess to make girls stretch.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a cat dog situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm starting no Blue Buzzard, No three eyes Frogs with the feline canine, little cat talk, cat dog, cat dog.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm on the road and.
Speaker 4: All through town all kind of chrismin and cat dog down. God, got to try to get along, gotta what together. I got to sing this song.
Speaker 2: He's got a good blue grass voice though.
Speaker 1: That's the thing speaking about two beings attashed at the hip. Dan Riker, you beat Split Fiction, Yes.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Finally.
Speaker 3: I did a couple of sessions that game when it first came out with Bonk, and it's like, she's so not the like action platformer play. She's very much you know, deep narrative RPGs, systems, road lights RPGs, and so I think she was kind of like, all right, well i'll play let's co op game. You know, we'll play, And like I could tell she wasn't like super into it, just not her type.
Speaker 1: Of game, and so I asked her last week, like, hey, you.
Speaker 3: Kind of going on this weekend, maybe you know, play some split fiction. And I just saw her like and I was like, okay, wait, no, I know you don't want to let me. I'll just see if Kayla wants to, and then we'll just finish it with her. And so I think she felt relieved to have the split fiction burden off of her. And Kayla and I just streamed two nights in a row, six hours each night and played it.
Speaker 1: And game's very, very good. It we've talked.
Speaker 3: About it that lath I don't need to explain why it's so good, but like the ending in particular, I don't know how many of you.
Speaker 2: I just heard that the end is very good.
Speaker 3: I heard it's just on a technical level, like I mean, it's basically you'd expect, you know, spoilers here, but like you know, fantasy and sci fi and so it's intertwining them in a way that is like even like the split screen itself is kind of like you can kind of adjust it and cool live. You know, the level is turning from fantasy, so I could be pushing a block in the sci fi thing and it's like some you know, cyber laser box or something, but on Kyla screen in the fantasy world, it is a mushroom and it can be bouncy on her side. So it's like, Okay, I'm looking at mine in hers and trying to figure out like it's the same, Like, yeah, there's a wireframe, it'd be the same level, but with all this different like fantasy and sci fi stuff, and it just seamlessly goes between the two. There's parts where you're going down slides and like there are spikes on one side and you have to slide to the other. Genre. Basically, it's just it's some wild shit it's doing. I've never seen a video game do anything quite like. It's very hard to describe if you just watch anything in the last chapter of splip fiction, it's fucking crazy that games really good. I mean, it's it is a certain type of game. Like I kept thinking of the phrase empty calories, but that feels too more negative than I mean for it to be.
Speaker 2: But it's just there's a phrase on a movie podcast in which where they call it a good sit or an easy sit, like where it's just a movie. It's like, you don't have to like get down deep. You can honestly set your popcorn and it's gonna be an easy, breezy sit that that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like that where it's like it's almost like an amusement park ride or a roller coaster where it's like, I think it is a better game by not having like collectibles and things to slow the pacing. You know, it's just go, go go. Now it's this part. Now, it's this part. But I don't think there's gonna be a lot of variation in like how you play it. But it's not. It's not an immersive sim it's not like that's not what it's going for. So like this isn't a slight on it. It's just like I think we would all have a similar reaction to the part where oh, the hot dog part and stuff like that. So now it's this this scene, this part where we all have the same experience in the variation would be in like who you're playing with and your memories of playing with them and stuff, But the game experience itself is going to be very similar person to person, I would say, but not a knock atoll. It is a fantastic and we did the friend pass thing that where's It's just such an easy sell, like, you know, because like Kayla had never played any of the you know, Hazel like games before, and so you know, if I was expecting her to pay seventy dollars for it, I'd have to kind of seller on it. But I was like, hey, it's a here, just download this free friends past thing and you'll get to play with me.
Speaker 1: It's just it's a no brainer, you know. Awesome. Speaking about co op games, four of us teamed up to absolutely kick the crap the kind of Funny by playing Monaco two. We played this against kind of Funny. It's not a competitive game in that sense, but the four of us teamed up do some heists against kind of Funny, and y'all despite them playing a lot of that game, we we we stole that day.
Speaker 4: Well, we definitely had a like a deathball strategy where we just all stayed together and brute force their way through.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 4: I would say we were barely playing the game as intended until the final level where we had to and then it was like, oh, this is how this game is actually supposed to work. We're like using our special abilities and unlocking doors and turning off triggers, and.
Speaker 3: You just gotta have Jan on your squad and have him to beat the fuck out of everything.
Speaker 1: That's all you got to do, Mike. If they didn't intend on us implementing the death ball strategy, they have, let me select the character that just punches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're definitely the death and the death ball, that's for sure. Yeah, they're supposed to just ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ball is life. I checked it out after the stream and I was doing a little bit of the single player stuff, and it is definitely does that work. It's a definitely a very different game. Those checkpoints that you get to, those are opportunities to switch characters. So you know the base for I guess one has a dodge roll, one is a healer, one has a drone, and I forget what the other one does. But say, you know you need to in the first part or first chunk of the level, you need someone that can distract someone, oh the dog lady sorry, And you get through there, But then there's like a bunch of like laser puzzles to get through, and then the easiest way to get through those is just to switch characters to the lady that can dodge roll, get behind to the terminal to deactivate it. And it is an incredibly different game than when you were playing with all four of us like haphazardly, like just not even haphazardly. It is all planned actually hest building. It's interesting the part where I wonder if the depth does get there, not depth, but when we do have to rely on stealth more. I wonder if there are going to be portions in Monaco two later in the game where maybe we do actually have to split off and like help each other kind of like get through a sequence versus most of the time we're pretty close together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got that was my what I gathered from what we played, where it was like we were kind of going through the early stuff and that first level where we did have to kind of like use our powers the way that it was intended, I think was kind of an indicator of where the game was going. And it's like now it's just going to get more complicated from there, and we're gonna have to do even more of that and kind of be in separate parts and like talking to one another and setting like each other. I'll be like, Okay, I've done this, now you do your powers there, so we can open a door over here. That seemed to be the natural progression that we were just getting into as that stream was coming to an end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like to see maybe potentially circling back to that in a non competitive environment, because I don't want to funny feel bad.
Speaker 2: I love Monica one, so I'm glad we spent some time with that at all.
Speaker 3: I'm still waiting on the Venmo from Miller with the sponsored money on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, Yeah, he was even there. He ducked us.
Speaker 4: He's doing a comedy show in Chicago or something.
Speaker 2: You know, how much I like Portello's How much do you like Portellos's the same ship as always? Hahaha? PC games, Am I right? You have to start an execute the shirts. Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Sounds like we're trying to start a war right now and Ribs a decade ago, and exactly that was the first shot, you know, so long ago. We're gonna keep this war running. And then, Jeff Grubb, I'm gonna have to defer to you because you have been playing war side.
Speaker 2: Yes, the war side. In the long history of video games to have war in the name, it's up there with war Face maybe only second to that. Yeah, this is an Advanced Wars game in everything except for the name. It looks like Advance Wars for a game Boy Advance. It plays a lot like those games. And there have been a lot of these now and this one is war Groove. Yes, this is the one that maybe is going the most. Hey, this is just Advance Wars. It looks that way. Wow, look at this. It does have it's own like you know, quirks and even like units like for example, an early unit you get is a basically a bulldozer and this can push enemies like back a few blocks. So if they're in a tank and you push them into a river, well they can't go in a river, so they'll just die instantly. Or you can push them into a mountain or a building and they'll just die instantly. And so that's that's fun. It's a lot like Into the Breach. That is what that reminded me of. I love I'm Into the Breach is maybe my favorite Tactics game now. Yeah. So I think the issue with this one might be, based on what I'm seeing from some of the other reviews, is there's limited content. Content is pretty like light but also I get the sense that, like, yeah, they got everything right about the way it looks, except for the character portraits are very ugly. I think I don't like looking at them. Realistic ish, you know, you know what it is. It's halfway between Advanced Wars and Day of Ruin, the very like grim Dark one that day, which you know, I think has been reassessed and people are mostly okay with Ruin these days, but this is like somewhere in between, so it just comes out kind of boring. But the issue for me, I think is going to be a lot of these games. You know, they don't get the math right. So like when you go into a battle, you feel like, all right, I should have I should be making like probabilistic decisions about like is this going to be best if I attack first? I should be able to like skirt out of this, maybe retreat a little bit, have some reinforcements come back up, And all that depends on like how much damage you're doing and how much damage you're taking. All that has to be balanced pretty carefully, and I think this game does get that side of things mostly right. I have not had any issues there yet, but I think the like it becomes less interesting because I think the AI is just like and usually I'm not so ine who minds this, but in the game like this, I want it to feel like less like a strategy game for an advance worse, more like a puzzle game. And if the enemy is always just sort of making new units and running straight ahead, it's not going to feel very interesting. And that's been my experience so far. Maybe that's just early, but I'm hoping that that changes up because if it kind of stays that way, I'll maybe have some issues long term. Now for me, if like you're looking for a really good and one one of these, I think they're called Tiny Tank and it's the second one or tiny Metal excuse me, that's what it is, Tiny Metal. The second one was very good. I got everything right. I like that one a ton and this one. You know, they was in early access for a while and now this is the full release and apparently it's missing some features that people had an early access and stuff like that. So it's just kind of a weird launch and there's like a lot of backlash from the people from the kickstarters and all the things like that, but it's giving a pretty good first impression. I just I'm always looking for an advanced Worts game. I love this a lot. I love that genre as a lot. This one's just kind of missing in a few spots.
Speaker 1: What is it about some of these other advanced war inspired games where it just doesn't have the juice that you are.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't love War Groove, Yeah, I don't know. I think it's like a big part of it could be that Fire Emblem, which is a very similar kind of game, has evolved so much since the Game Boy Advance era that it's like there's so much more going on in this genre now that the people that love Advance Wars and not one of them, when they want to go back to just just Advance Wars, it's like, Okay, you've got to make sure then the stuff, the basic stuff you are doing, has to be perfect, has to be so good, and I think they get distracted by their own like, well, here's what we're going to do. Set our stuff apart, and that's never quite as good as like what Fire Emblem is doing. That'd be my guess.
Speaker 3: I don't know copyright law, but I wonder, like how close do you have to be to something to be legally actionable, because like looking at everything about the actual map in the battle screens and stuff like not the portraits, but everything else is just Advance Wars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that they would prop I mean, listen, Nintendo could sue whoever it wants to sue, right, and they have real, very good lawyers, So people would probably like we should just settle. But I think in this case it's like you can't like copyright an art style. Uh, And I think that that's probably what they would argue. A lot of those units look very similar, but are they distinct enough. I think they'd probably be able to make the argument that they are. So Yeah, it's but it is blatant, and I don't I don't mind it whatever. I know, and I'm glad it looks like that game. I like the way it looks better than the Advanced Wars remasters that we got. Yeah, smooth everything out. Yeah Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it was one of y'all that said it just inspired you to pick up the original Advance for Yeah. Yeah, I wound up doing the same last thing on the list here. I don't know if someone misspelled this hall peg idol heg idol.
Speaker 3: It's an idol Pegel. Oh it's uh, it's exactly what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: It's it's pegel. It looks exactly like pegel.
Speaker 3: But you're like buying stuff with the goal, Like you hit the gold pegs, you make money, and then you can use that to unlock new balls, like oh, the bomb ball, the super bouncy ball, the rock ball, and then you can choose which one you're shooting your gun. But then you also said a bunch of auto drop stuff, and you're buying stuff to like, Okay, I've got the rock balls auto dropping every point six seconds, and so there's just this constant shower of balls, and you can also shoot your own balls, and you're just constantly getting gold and upgrading your balls, and uh, it's it's just a good time. It's just there's no way you're not gonna download this.
Speaker 2: I haven't installed it yet, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm seeing so many numbers go up and I need say it's one of those and it's just very good at that.
Speaker 4: Yes, So yeah, Jane, you weren't here lastly, but I played Nubby's Number Adventure after you recommended it.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it a lot.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, all right, gang, That about does it for video game chatter. We're gonna be back with some news right after this, quick Bringer bread. There's is a news where Jeff Graub, there is a news Jeff Grub Darhn is too scared to hit the music. But so I'm gone seeing two un for Crub Crub proudy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the sampler thing maybe is a little funky still in Coxler, if that's what you were trying to do. All right, I got some news here. Let's start by staring you directly in the eyes, because that's where I put the news.
Speaker 1: I don't like this.
Speaker 2: Look right at me. Elder Scrolls for Oblivion, Well, what's going on my throat?
Speaker 3: Hang on those AI eyes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll just do that instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one eyes. Sorry, I saw the thing.
Speaker 2: Elder Scrolls for Oblivion Remastered screens and details have leaked. Leaked information suggest and Elder Scrolls for Oblivion Remastered is in development by Bethesda and Virtuos. The remaster, reportedly releasing for PC and Xbox Series X and S and PlayStation five, will include visual and mechanical overhauls, such as improved combat mechanics. Blah blah blah, We've talked about it before. Someone was like, Okay, I keep hearing these rumors. I'm just gonna go check Virtuous's website. And then they inspected an element and saw that they were used word press, and I think they just started like looking for different folders that would be starting the word press, and they found one that was labeled Elder Scrolls for Oblivion Remastered. They found a bunch of screenshots, a bunch of comparison shots, and now those are out there, and you know this is happening. We've known for a long time that this that this is happening. And like I said on yesterday's Game Breaking News, it's gonna shadow drop next week. It's it's coming next week. I keep being told to shadow drop. Still weirds me out. I'm like with everyone like, that's a weird way way to handle a big game like this, but that's what I keep hearing. But next week we should have the information about this, so it's more real than ever. Did you guys get a chance to look at it? Cause I think it looks pretty good. Although people are pointing out these screenshots in like the original game, there's a lot of green, lushness to it. And maybe it's a little bit more brown. I'm hoping that that's just these these screenshots and the green is more prominent in the full game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a comparison here where it's like, it looks like the one is taken during Springer. Are the other ones like the beginning of Winter. Everything's yeah yellowed. It's weird because it's you don't see the piss filter added more intensely to three sixty games usually turn it off. Yeah, but I mean maybe it was never a pretty game.
Speaker 3: I liked the rolling hills and all that stuff. Sure cool, the characters.
Speaker 1: Not as much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, the characters are definitely the problem. These character models look better. They look a little, i don't know, a smidge generic Unreal Engine five. I suppose we really wanted to get super critical, but.
Speaker 2: I know they look fine. Ah. I'm excited for this. I obliving's great. Haven't played in a long time.
Speaker 4: That's a big game to remake, right, that is a pretty big undertaking. There's just a lot of content there. So yeah, the idea that we could be playing this in like a week, that's a pretty wild.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna do it again. I really I never played more Win back in the day, but you know, the hype in the early three sixty like this like the first big post launch game, and I went in.
Speaker 1: I absolutely loved it. Did everything I.
Speaker 3: Do in that game, and I think it's probably my favorite PROTHESTA game. I think, Yeah, it's up there, I play it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never checked it out, so I'm really curious to finally check it. Check this one.
Speaker 2: Out, Jam Jam Jam.
Speaker 1: I tried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Valiant, I am. Yeah, I'm gonna try it as well. I love Oblivion. Where are you all at with? Uh? You know, we don't have Sean Hero, who I consider the arbiter of telling me is it a remake or a remaster. They're labeling it as a remaster here, but all the visuals look remade in a lot of ways, and that's what we've heard. It's being remade in Unreal at least the visuals. There's been back and forth about what's happening with the gameplay, but at least visually, it looks like, you know, one of those standard remakes, not a residentvial to remake.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a remastered, you could.
Speaker 3: It could be a remastered, Yeah, it could be a definitive edition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it could be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that line has burned so much, like the like Vetro Primary Master. That's the thing I would have absolutely have called a remake. To me, if you're replacing most of the game assets, that's kind of a remake. But I think, yeah, there's we've had so many of these really expansive remakes where it's basically a new game that that word feels a little bit weird now. So I am kind of at a point now where it's like, when you're in the middle like this, you can call what you want. There are still things that are definitely remasters and things that are definitely re remakes.
Speaker 2: And we have this new gray area. We need it. We almost need a new name for it or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Sean says here where it's like if they made new visuals, it's a remake. Yeah, I think that's a remaster. Would be just like oh, an HD re release or something like.
Speaker 2: That what Nightdivee does.
Speaker 4: Most of the times those are remasters, right right, So System Shock which they remay was that thumb Yeah, so yeah, generally that's how it goes.
Speaker 2: Uh so, yeah, we get more information, I guess next week and then we're playing it. That's yeah, I'm sticking to that. That seems That's why I've heard that repeatedly now, so feeling good about that. In the meantime. How much is the horse Armour going to be?
Speaker 4: I mean, they're gonna include it for free, but I like that people are expecting there to still be a reference. Actually, I kind of hope you get to pay the original price.
Speaker 1: Horse just made it really expensive. Someone will buy it.
Speaker 2: The game is free, but the horse Armour's five thousand dollars like that, let's go status symbol.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, what a what a simpler time when we were all mad about paying for horse Armor. Huh. It was freeze social media.
Speaker 3: I guess it was like early Facebook days. Yeah, and it still was everywhere on the gaming internet.
Speaker 2: Oh people, Yeah, I mean it was. It seems so innocent now podcast at that point jesus.
Speaker 3: I don't know, looking back, it's kind of like, well, I guess their fears were founded.
Speaker 2: Yours was the thing at that must be forms and the blog post on one up and whatever. Okay, uh, do we know I assume shivering oles as part of this. But then like, you know, there are things like Breath of the Wild, Switch To Edition does not come with that expansion past stuff. Very that's very Nintendo.
Speaker 4: I think it'd be wild if they wanted to like release shivering oles later and made us pay for it.
Speaker 2: Although Persona three did it, it's like, yeah, game still can't do that sort of stuff. Yeah, well, I think, guy, you know, the way that they are coming out with this thing, and if it is just going to be a shadow drop, I imagine it's just gonna have everything all in one and they're not gonna be like, let's, you know, drag this out for months and have DLC later or something like that. But we'll see, all right. Sony increased the price of the PlayStation five. Sony has increased the price of the PS five Digital Edition in Europe to four hundred to five hundred euro. Basically, they raced it about fifty EU ro. I think it was four to fifty before this. They raised it about ten percent in the UK as well. In New Zealand and Australia the system also went up ten percent. But they also increase the price of the standard edition that comes with the disk drive included, and then they lowered the price of the dis drive everywhere in all these territories, so this seems to be And they said it's due to inflation, and that's like you know, lagging inflation, the inflation that has already happened, although I think they are also trying to price this with the idea that more inflation could still happen. And then they said due to destabilized exchange rates. Basically, you know, the end was way down, the dollar was way up, a bunch of other currencies were up high compared to the end. That's gonna go, that's gonna you know, fluctuate a lot. It's fluctuating a ton right now because of the tariff situation that's made it especially volatile volatile. So I think Sony's are like, we got to, you know, move right now. But of course this is also really just a good excuse to raise the price for an expensive thing to make right as they're about to sell a ton more of them because GTA six is coming out, so you know, they're taking the excuses they can take, and this thing is going to sell a ton more because GT six A lot of people been waiting on the sideline for that game, and that game's not on PS five or PS four and Xbox One.
Speaker 4: No, that's like, yeah, I get, I get the GTA six thing, but this console is five years old, and I know that we're upsettingly not on the era where the prices ever go down these things, And that alone is weird the idea that they would go up. I mean, and I'm almost afraid to say this because if you'll get mad, how good has the PS five.
Speaker 2: Been right now? You want to charge this much for it in these territories. It's just kind of wild to me. Yep, it's it feels unearned for sure, Like, but I think that's the big thing here. That's why people, uh you know, I think it's people are reacting to it because it's a price increase for something that has traditionally gone down in price, a console. But also it's like, no one has felt great about this generation on consoles across the board. It's been okay in some respects. Maybe we're a little harsh on it. But then they come back and like, well, give us more money for the PS five going forward, and it's like, you know, we talk about, you know, God, they want to get to switched twos into as many people's hands as possible so people can buy the software that's where the money's really made. And then these companies don't act that way and we're not in charge as much for the hardware as we possibly can, and then you know, we'll just sell software. I guess I don't know. I think they just don't see consoles as a growth space. And I think that's not like a hot take. I think probably kind of admitted as well, But it's like this death spiral 're like, well, consoles aren't going to gross. You got to squeeze what we can from people. Well, then that market's going to shrink every time you race prices are refused to ever drop prices or whatever make these things more easily accessible. So I don't know, it's just this consoles are in this weird space right now, especially these super traditional ones like the Xboxes in the PlayStation. I mean, we see what's happening with Xbox, and it has not been some boon for PlayStation to have Xbox not bow out of the console race, but definitely death stocks on it. Yeah. Yeah, no price increasing in the United States, But are we expecting one? Because I am maybe. I mean, you you bring this up.
Speaker 4: How people in the US get more angry than other territories. Sometimes there's a pretty a pretty big fuss about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are treated with kid gloves for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's like, if you're doing these our places like feasibly and economically, it seems like we would be due for one too. But then there is something about it always being you a moreria when we talk about the US, Jeff and again, I'm just like, how could you charge.
Speaker 2: More for a Space PlayStation five? The thing is five years old. It's not that good. Well, we'll see they you know that I might have that might have. The next story be about tariffs. I can't remember. No, that's coming up soon. But yeah, the tariffs are just they're still here something. It's got exceptions, not consoles. We'll get into all that here soon. Marathon details Bungees Marathon will launch on September twenty third on PCPs five and Xbox Series X and S with full cross play and cross save support. It will not be free to play, but they did not give pricing details. The first close alpha test will begin in April. I guess later this month. Is that O Case Marathon is a PvP ve game, which we say that a lot. There's always the chances people listening that have no idea what that even means. They play a lot of single player games, or maybe they do play multiplayer games on their console. This is a term that definitely comes from more the PC side of things.
Speaker 1: Playing extraction shooter.
Speaker 2: It's an extraction shooter. Titan Fall does have PVPVE elements where it has drones in there for your ship, and that's those like ads, right, this is you. There are multiple teams competing in an environment to uh, it's an exo primal exactly. Now everyone understands I should have just said that, yeah, and and these I think it's six teams of three people, and it's only teams of three. If you want to play by yourself, you can, but you just have to set the auto fil to off, so you're at a disadvantage. There's no like single player, like oh, my team of one against other teams of one. But these six teams are all going trying to get stuff and extract loot from the game. But there are other teams trying to do the same thing, and when they run into each other, it might be who you to ignore one another or might behoove you to to fight one another try to get their loot so you have even more when you leave the game.
Speaker 1: It's risk reward.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so there's multiple sides to It's not just straight up team deathmatch this. You know, extraction is the genre that they're going for. People seem very unsure because I think most people watching this are Bungee fans first, and then Destiny fans, and then I think they're staying to themselves. Well, I've never played an extraction shooter, or if I have, it was maybe a little bit. This is not what necessarily what I'm coming here for. Do you think that's going to hold this game back? Or do you think the shooting in a game like Marathon can be so good that people will just get on board with it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to invoke the name, but a lot of people are. It's reminding me of Concord.
Speaker 2: All right, but Concord's problems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the price was part of it, but it's just it was a game that drummed up zero excitement whatsoever. You think that would at least this, Yeah, this would at least do something with one the Bungee name. I think aesthetically the game is interesting, for sure.
Speaker 1: I like whatever they're going for. Uh, it just feels like X games vomit, which is good is positive.
Speaker 4: Right, and it's all very like computer techie if that makes I don't even know you explain it. But it's a very specific kind of sci fi that isn't necessarily the go to when you imagine video games in sci fi. So I like the way that it looks. I have just not really played an extracted shooter. I'm only tried out because I know I generally, genuinely generally like the way that Bungee games feel shooting wise, they make the best shooting even Destiny to When I would play it, I just liked going around and any things. It always felt good. So I if that's there, you think that would account for something. But but what people are just so skeptical right now of Bungee. I think a lot of people aren't happy with the way they kind of let Destiny to fizzle out there. Everyone's really skeptical Sony right now and their whole live service plans and paying for a game like this. In general, live service games all over the place, I have been having a hard time catching on that you do get your hell divers too happening, and that could happen again.
Speaker 2: You think the Bungee name would help Stough, but maybe that name doesn't mean as much as I think it does anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, I I'm curious, like, is there still a big audience for something like Hunt Showdown? Is that still doing big numbers?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know on Steam it's it's on the top one hundred, but it's in the bottom fifty. Is when I was looking at this the other day and then trying to find some other extractor shooters. I think Tarkoff might be much bigger than that. And I think Tarkoff is its own has its own launcher. I'm not sure about that, but it was not in the top. I think it's pretty popular still.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this genre as a whole, though it is like definitely had false starts with trying to reach the mainstream. Warzone had an extraction shooter in it right for a little bit. I never touched that. I know some people did try it. Maybe it wasn't very good, but I thought some people did like it. But it just they're not doing it anymore. Whatever, And it's like, Okay, so is extraction shooter shooter is that genre do for its Fortnite where something will come over and like introduce it to the mainstream and everyone will be like, oh, now this makes sense to me, and it's fun and it's it's accessible. Maybe, but I don't think there's any reason to assume that's like a guarantee. I know, there's no reason to assume that the mass audiences be like, oh yeah, I want to like do this compound interest game where I go in one round, I win, and that makes me more efficient and better in the next round, and I just that just keeps building on top of it. That seems like a very hardcore thing as opposed to Fortnite, where it's like just be the last person standing, like the easiest concept in the world to understand. So I don't know if they match one to one and that again, that's not to say, bunch, you can't overcome all of that, because I think what we learned from Destiny is making a live service, you know, sort of get together and do some runs with your buddy's game. Like a lot of people tried to make a Destiny of their own, and Destiny worked because it had the best shooting like it just was the best feeling game. So that's why it really actually worked in the end, even after Bungee screwed up a million other things about the game, they could always hang their hat on that. So maybe the same thing happens with Marathon. We'll see. Nintendo has been warned to expect one hundred and forty five percent tariffs on Nintendo switch To. A major supplier has warned Nintendo and Apple that video game consoles could face that one hundred and forty five percent tariff on Chinese goods entering the United States. The tariff has led to concerns that Nintendo may increase the price of the switch To, which was previously announced at four hundred fifty dollars. Most switch To consoles are actually made in China, only a small proportion are made in Vietnam. Now all of those are being shipped to the United States right now from Vietnam, but it doesn't sound like it'll be nearly enough to meet demand. And you know they were always going to struggle, but this seems like way further away from even that. And you know this is I should like speak once again to lie to. We're going to get manufacturing back in the United States. They decided to go to Vietnam back in twenty nineteen, like, hey, we're going to start shipping or make manufacturing switches in that country as well, so we could be diversified. It's five six years later and they still only have a small percentage of their switch to is being manufactured in Vietnam. And there were exemptions to the tariffs. That was the good news is, hey, if you want a smartphone, we understand that's expensive and people don't want to pay three thousand dollars for a smartphone, which is like some of the numbers that were being thrown around, like that's how much they would have to cost with these tariffs. And they got an exemption, and a lot of other electronics did. Consoles explicitly have not been exempted. So they are going to have to pay this one hundred and forty five percent tarif if they come from China, it'll still be ten percent if it's from Vietnam, which is still not great. That's actually still quite a big hit to Nintendo's bottom line and could cause them to raise the price. But we are as far away as ever from like a situation where these companies feel like they can understand what the tax situation is going to be for importing stuff into the United States.
Speaker 4: Right And I think this is why we haven't heard, Hey, when are pre orders coming back for the switch to in North America.
Speaker 2: I think they're still trying to figure things out.
Speaker 4: I bet they are probably trying to work on that exemption thing, Jeff, I bet that they might have people talking to the government.
Speaker 2: They definitely do yes, and Trump loves that people are coming and kissing his ass. He said that out loud. Dude just loves corruption. There is a little update. This is from Jordan Miller over if VGC. Someone put this in chat a little bit ago. Nintendo Switch to pre orders will reportedly start next week in Canada. Nintendo Switch two pre orders will reportedly begin next week. According to Bill Bill Kuhn, who has a history of posting retail listing information ahead of official announcements, Canadian retailers are preparing to begin pre orders for Nintendo's next system. Pre Orders in Canada for the Nintendo Switch to will reportedly begin on April twenty third, So a lot of reportedly. Yes, that's they're covering their butt rightfully, so we Bill Billcnon usually knows what they're talking about, and that stuff's got to pick up again here pretty soon. And there are no tariffs on ship and stuff from China to Canada. So maybe they were just like, let's get our pipeline set up so none of that stuff accidentally goes through the United States. It all just goes directly to Canada. But yeah, this is this is you know, small movement, and there's no guarantee that they actually follow through with this as far as the United States is concerned. Yeah, we haven't heard anything because they really don't know what's going to happen next. It still is a complete mess.
Speaker 1: Fly to Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Let's do an all day stream where we drive to Canada and we try to get switched to stream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bootlegging, I'm a.
Speaker 3: Full stream from a car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do a race where y'all drive to Canada. Nikki and I will meet up in Socol and we'll drive Oh, Mexico. Okay. I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Smuggler's grub.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: I don't love the situation we're in because every new tariff update I see it's either he's walking it back or it's not here, or it's gone up by one hundred more percent the fun.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean that's the thing, Like, what is he going to say tomorrow? Right?
Speaker 1: And do you do you think Nintendo has the power to put Trump in Nintendo jail? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's probably not going to get a switch to it early, I would say, probably not code, yeah exactly, Yeah, just check his email for sure, and then you know late that day though, not early. Yeah, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah, he's gonna say something stupid next. It's gonna it's not gonna make anything better. That's why these companies really are just kind of in this holding pattern because they kind of can't even plan because if they start planning for okay, let's say that these are all the hurdles, let's figure out ways around these hurdles, the hurdles could just shift or get bigger, and then all of the planning they're doing to solve the problem as it currently exists is worthless and obsolete. And that's you know what is really handcuffing them. It's the uncertainty if they just knew, okay, for sure, it's gonna be one hundred and forty five percent tariffs. That's terrible. It's going to cost price. It's going to cause their costs to go up, likely our prices to go up. But they could at least begin to come up with a plan to minimize the pain as much as possible. But they can't even begin that part of the planning because of how things are changing so frequently. Star Wars Zero Company, or a z comm as I think we're calling it, is the name for bit Reactor and Respawns new tactics game. Respawn Entertainment and bit Reactor have announced Star Wars Zero Company, a single player turn based tactics games game coming to PC, PS five, Xbox Series X and S. The first look will be at Star Wars celebration on April ninth. I think that this happened, but like they didn't show much publicly this is. It will have key art suggesting diverse playable classes like Jedi Droids and Mandalorians and a bunch more. They showed off the key art and it looks pretty pretty cool, and then you know people are saying this is from the Xcom team. I think we've known that former Xcom developers partner with Respawn and they start a bit Reactor to specifically make games like this, So it's going to play a lot like Xcom but was Star Wars. Yeah, I'm on board. I like Xcom a whole bunch, and I.
Speaker 1: Like Star Wars. Oh yes, let me just have a team of like droids battling rub I just want ewoks, a whole squad of you watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want I want every possibility there for sure that we're all looking to overwatch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the phantom mentic guys that roll.
Speaker 2: In, Yeah, yeah, I like do you like those?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I bet this game is going to be really good. I wonder how it'll do because you know, Marvel Midnight Suns seems like it really underperformed the best Cards people hate. Yeah, that's Cards. But then there's also just the Star Wars factor.
Speaker 2: Star Wars not exactly at a high point. Hot Lost came out.
Speaker 4: I know, the reviews were mildly middling. The people did not seem to care about that one at all.
Speaker 2: It's just it's like Star Wars has never really recovered from that episode nine moment. It had no yeah, we're us and ors fans, We're doing all right. Eight more days or something like that. But that's not going to move the you know, outside of that. Hey, by the way, x Com two is like ninety percent off on Steam. I never actually played it, so all that hike, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: So one of my one of my favorite features on this website. Good old exquisite core. Uh. And then just the pure demonstration in front of everyone of Reiker luck only the odds. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's one thing from Star Wars too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, look at that.
Speaker 2: Assassa's Creed Shadows is now twenty twenty five's second biggest game of the year so far. Assas's Creed Shadows has been a commercial success for ubi Soft, becoming the best selling video game in the US for its first three weeks and reaching one million players across all platforms in a single day. Basically. Mattis cautel Over at Sirkana noted that it had been the best selling game in the US for the last three weeks. That's pretty good. Again. I don't think anyone's expecting this to be the answer to all of Ubisoft's problems, but the game is doing what anyone should have realistically expected in the best case scenario, right, Yeah, so good.
Speaker 4: That doesn't necessarily mean that's what Ubisoft is hoping for, right, so I want to still want to hear from them in their next earnings that they're happy about or if it's still like, oh, not quite as much as we are hoping. We're still doing shitty.
Speaker 2: But you know, people seem happy with this, Jeff, seems like it's doing wow. Hopefully it's enough. Yep, it's a good game that's selling well. I think, what else? What more can you ask for? And then Mafia the Old Country release date revealed on Steam. This seems to have been an accidental league. Mafia the Old Country will be released on August eighth, twenty twenty five, according to a Steam blog post. This is not an official confirmation. That date could of course change. The game was initially teased in August at Game's Calm Opening Night Live and received a full trailer in December twenty twenty four at the Game Awards. Now this is a Take two game along with Borderlands four, I feel like there is there is there one other thing. And then GTA six, Gta six, if that's still coming out this year in your Take two, all your other games have to come out before that? Right? Oh oh yeah, yeah, so yeah, yeah, I think it, Like, especially like a Mafia game. I feel like that's got to come out a few months before GTA six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's gotta be some space there.
Speaker 3: They're you know, not similar games really, but the same general genre, open world crime stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does uh like what's yours's latest feeling on the release date for GTA six, Mike, I'm feeling pretty confident it's gonna come out this year now, just the way things are going, And I counterpicked it in Fantasy Critics, so I don't love saying that, but it definitely feels that way.
Speaker 1: Do you think my trod Prime's going out this year?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it's like weird, how like little we still have seed of GTA six, but that parts, Yeah, that's just what they're work.
Speaker 2: They're gonna do it almost.
Speaker 4: It's weird the idea that it could seem too big to not come out and that certain point you can't just throw more resources at something. But there's no indication yet that that's not gonna happen, so I'm still just gonna assume it is.
Speaker 2: All right. I think that does it for the headlines I have here. I am going to hand this show back over to jam if you and there you go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go check if the maintenance person, oh thank you, No, there there you go if the maintenance person in my part needs anything, and we'll be back with some emails right after this. Emails emails Wow, thanks Scout, BombCast quit it note were done with the song now.
Speaker 2: Snap my pastor c Scout come on, come.
Speaker 1: On, You're not gonna get a cookie now, uh. BombCast giant bomb dot com is the email address to send your lovely emails to you. Write in about Annie and everything and I'll read it. Special shouts out to everyone. Over the last couple of weeks I've been emailing for the first time saying you're a longtime listener. Just want to chime in and say like, hey, hell, are doing good job and you know what, genuine thank you. I don't know how to deal with compliments. I try and relate them to the crew. They make all of us warm and fuzzy on the inside and grub just keep staring at the camera with those cold eyes. Uh. First email the show is some true from Simon from Saskatchewan. Hello, BombCast, most people savored fruit. Sorry, Mike is the humble Scout. I swear to God is the humble banana. Here are some fact some trivia facts about them. They're technically a berry like watermelons and cucumbers. Banana bunches grow upside down from the from what most people think. Oh, I didn't know that bananas are very slightly radioactive. The potassium isotope makes it radioactive. You'd have to at least eat ten million in one sitting to die of radiation poisoning.
Speaker 3: Sounds like content.
Speaker 4: Watch Dan die from eating ten million. I think something else will kill you before the radiation.
Speaker 1: At that point, well, they're good for you. Brazil Nuts are more radioactive. They can set off radiation detectors and nuclear power plants. Bananas don't grow on trees, but technically grow on herbs. Okay, what I don't know? Banana trees are more related to than trees.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like ginger.
Speaker 1: Banana plants will walk about forty centimeters in their lifetime, like ads, don't. They don't actually walk obviously it's complicated, but the way they get arrested means the plants need to stretch out and move over time. This is called walking. This means more land is needed to grow bananas, so potential deforestation may be required. Thank you all for all you do. Make sure to take wellness breaks.
Speaker 2: Simon sasketchewan Ay Simon from Saskatchewan shot out, thank you. Okay, what do you guys think that the record is for eating bananas in one sitting?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: Like forty hundred? Best? The way's eating one hundred bananas one hundred and fifty. I mean, like when I look it up, people are like saying, like it's like thirty. Yeah, maybe that's more than thirty much, Say, Dan, this is just so content, Dan, I want to thirty bananas. Also, this is a bad joke, but the first comment on this is gay. Come on. But anyway, Yeah, I think that would be fun to try to break. I feel like I could probably also do more than thirty.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do it like speed wise, but I mean I would just you know, it'd be a marathon, not a sprint.
Speaker 1: Listen, I did the Triple nine challenge last year, and I don't think i've been the same since. I think my competitive eating days are long long behind me. Bright. Yeah, I was gonna say, didn't you eat bananas and drink sprite? Didn't? Daniel Dwyer did and we I think we threw up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta like eat a banana or is it two bananas and a new chug like a twenty ounce of sprite? And we did that in my backyard, and yeah, I think we threw.
Speaker 2: Up, right, Yeah, but okay, I take everything back.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I take everything back. Dan, you and I were gonna try and beat the world record for most bananas in one sitting. And what are we gonna call it? Dan banana bajanza exactly? Yeah, okay, all right, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: I knew as soon as I like began what I was saying, it would end here, So go ahead and lodge your complaints. I can't dissuade him, so don't worry about that. But like, it's just like you with the.
Speaker 4: Bathtub field of mac and cheese. It's like you just think about like, well, I like mac and cheese. You don't think about like spatial volume, and your stomach is only so big and there's only so many places in your body for food to go.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing, Like a banana is the mushiest food. Like if there was a finite like jar, you could like, okay, yeah, four bananas might fit in that jar, but if you mush it all down, you could probably get a hundred in there.
Speaker 2: Now. It is like mostly fiber, which, like your body likes to take its time digesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fiber, does it make you super poop or poop less?
Speaker 2: It helps you. It's very good for helping your your your tummy get good at pooping. Yeah, so's h crown.
Speaker 1: It's not great for me. Yeah, it's bad for my m just like all for it.
Speaker 3: I feel like the radiation, like bananas being slightly radioactive. I think I would be more comfortable eating radioactive stuff than things with bacteria.
Speaker 2: Like it's weird. It's basically a faulting.
Speaker 3: I would eat a pluton before a spoonful of ambas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you eat baccia all the time. So whatever, everything's got bacteria.
Speaker 2: And even like McDonald's food, which takes forever to decompose because it doesn't have bacteria naturally in it, it's got some I don't what you so, why do you stick your head?
Speaker 4: Why are you're just like oh, I can't think about Just think about it and accept it and be happier and eat more food.
Speaker 3: I eat plenty of food. I just don't eat bacteria.
Speaker 2: You do all right, we can't.
Speaker 1: We can't keep doing. Travis and Fargo wrote in a bunch of questions. This is the Travis question of the week that I picked. Do you have any odd specific tertiary hopes for the switch to aka the swatooch. I hope the shop works for your hands emoji Travison Fargo.
Speaker 2: I mean like street pass equivalent, like.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that. Yeah, some sort of weird mevers type thing would be great.
Speaker 2: Something like when when we all of us have our switch to s in the same room at a PAX or Summer game fest, something cool happens and beyond just like, oh now we can all play Mario Kart in the same room. Sure that's a table stakes. I want just something Nintendo fun weird to happen as well.
Speaker 4: I mean, I really want themes back. I think they're fun. Like I there's no reason why my U I can't look Metroid. That would just make me so much here.
Speaker 3: And they could even tie it to the fucking platinum points or whatever, like you know, because they make those easy enough to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll do that. I'll pay you real money for it. I don't whatever, Just give me.
Speaker 1: That Al right. Next email comes from not a Stoner and they write in about a Jeff versus Jeff. For the purposes of this email, I will just be pronouncing the name as gu Off. Sure, Hello, BombCast. There are geoffs, and there are jeffs or Geoff's, Jeff's gone wrong or Jeff's dumbed down geoffs. If you put a Jeff into a Jeff improvement machine, would a maxed out Jeff become a geoff? Or did geoffs evolve into Jeff's which is better regards not a stoner Jeff is better?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well all the chiefs know this, but we don't have to agree, like this is something that's innate. We understand this. There is a maximum Jeff. He works well. He's a character on the Mega sixty four sketch I always always makes me laugh. But yeah, we're all trying to achieve maximum Jeff at all times. Geoffs cannot attain maximum Jeff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jeff Bridges, Jeff Daniels, you don't have geoffs.
Speaker 2: Now there's Jeffrey Draft. He's g EO. But we're okay with him, but we don't accept him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think of Jeff Keeley as a I just think of him as Keeley at this point, he's transcended the Jeff yeah label.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not held down by it. Sure, yes, transcended to strong word you goobers.
Speaker 1: Okay, well then he's not a goober? Then what about that? We can all agree? Yeah, absolutely agree? Okay, all right, all right, breaking.
Speaker 2: News, breaking news. All right, let's take a look here. Actually I didn't read this whole thing, so let me see what's going on here, all right. From Bill Belkoon on Blue Sky for the USA. Through some US retailers, I found conflicting data for pre ordered start date of Nintendo switched to hardware for switch to consoles April twenty first or April thirtieth, depending on retailer. For accessories like switch to pro controller April thirtieth. How many days are in April.
Speaker 4: Thirty Yeah, it's not many days before the thing comes out.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean yeah, that's it's so little bit over a month. But also, like that April thirtieth date feels like a placeholder to me, Like that feels like someone's like, let's just go the last day of the month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But like that Mario Kart, things happening on Thursday, right, are we really going to do that?
Speaker 2: And like during a stream be like and you could pre order this thing? We don't know. Yeah, I hope they might though, right, because it again the uncertainty is so bad. But when I said that this wasn't much time to the consoles come out, I forgot about me. Yeah, I could tell I don't want to call you out, so I was letting it go.
Speaker 4: But I could tell what was wanted there may like doesn't exist for me because that's just the month I'm going to Disney World basically, So that's all that month is for me.
Speaker 2: Man, Sorry, I just like thought about going to Disney. I'm just happy for you, but I want to go so bad. Okay, I have an annimal passes yere.
Speaker 4: Anytime you want to go to Disney, would any of you just let me know and I'll go there. I can be a guess a deal on a hotel maybe not Disney, but another place here by.
Speaker 2: It's nicely let me know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, mikey uh yeah, you know, maybe maybe we should we should have a team building field trip. Yeah there is mind, Yeah, there we go, all right. Next email is about Lognet controllers and oddities. Hey bomb crew, longtime listener, first time emailer. While listening to one of the GV shows, I was instantly activated by the mention of the log neet in sixty four controllers. I work it support for so ni fi solutions, which used to be lognet talking about collecting kiosk and promo materials, and while in not in in room gaming isn't really a thing anymore. Most guests just cast their own apps or bring full consoles like PS five's, there's still some weird legacy tech lurking around. A few years back, I was at our office helping with network stuff and got volunteered as a six to one, two hundred and fifty pounds midwesterner helped set up Cubic. While digging through cold storage, I found a dusty corner full of retro gaming relics, third party sny s's, the and N sixty four controllers, old E three style posters, swag, other third party accessories. It felt like Bastion stumbling into the bookstore the never ending story. At one point we had custom Wii consoles installed in select Marriott hotels, basically stock Whee's with about sixty games, most first mostly first party Nintendo pre loaded. They were free to use, but only one worked if the room was checked in. The units were mounted in huge white lock boxes with beefy fans and PC style power supplies to keep them from melting. See attached picks. I'll send you all the picks as a thank you for helping out. I was gifted one Oh Wow Wow steel boxed with a new we mote, Mario Kart, Wi wheel and we fit board. I was able to bypass the check in requirement with a tech manual, but the untile does not save, so guests could play Twilight Princess all day, but you turned it off or change games.
Speaker 3: Last game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a quirky piece of history, and while modding it, it is tempting. The lock box didn't come with a key, so now I just have a chunky, half functional we taking up shelf space. But it looks cool. Yeah. Anyway, Two questions for y'all, what's the weirdest or most obscure gaming curio you've picked up from events or vendors over the years. Two? When was when has just existing in your physical form paid off? Not just Paul Guy gets asked to reach the top shelf, but like someone needs a large human to haul cubicles and get rewarded with rare hardware. Thanks for all the awesome content. Keep being weird, got it? I mean Ryan from South Dakota and that sounds sounds so cool. Yeah, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just having it look cool is most of the benefit of that. So yeah, just keep that thing as it is.
Speaker 1: I don't have anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I'm trying to think of like, well, there's definitely been times where like being in the right place at the right time, I guess, but nothing that has popped to mind. Yeah, and I don't think I'm a good answer to the other one yet. Yeah, I don't know. I mean I have an Orange game Cube, and like that's just from Japan.
Speaker 4: It's not that crazy special or anything like that, but I am very happy to have it.
Speaker 1: So they're like aside from just rare games.
Speaker 2: But I don't have like, you know.
Speaker 4: This was the weird game Boy advance made for Costco employees or something like that, Right, Dan, you have that something. I mean, you have a bout Jangles xbox that you have about Jngles Xbox.
Speaker 3: I do have the Taco Bell Xbox one X. They sent me it makes the taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Did you win that.
Speaker 1: They sent it to me?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I got a debug PS two.
Speaker 3: I've got you know, the jungle green and gold and sixty four's like some of the cool like variants, but you know, not like there were definitely things that I saw like the Nintendo Museum. Whar I was like, what is this like taz colored in sixty four like orange and black, and it's like, oh, it's like one specific thing that was only in Japan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of like I have all of the hardware, but like not a lot of weird variants for the most part.
Speaker 1: You know, as far as one physicality kind of working out, there was one E three where there was like a cable routing problem and Jason a striker Vinny Caravella tall beefy men. They couldn't fit underneath like the little crevice we had made, and both of them tried reaching for it, they couldn't get it. And then I show you not both of them hands on hips. How are we going to fix this problem? They both of them turn around, look at me, all right, short stuff get in there. I just scurried in like baby Yoda in that one Mando episode and just connected the cables. All right.
Speaker 3: Next, now, there's some people doing something with power tools outside of my b what peckers? No, I think it's humans with tap power tools.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's what peckers of power tools.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Now, okay, Flowers, I think I could hear something, but it's very faint.
Speaker 1: Okay. Next email fits in since Mike was playing KADAMRII Domici over the weekend. Howdy, you all now have a Katamari to roll around in a real life location, collect everything and grow as large as possible. You start with a one foot diameter Cottamari ball and have thirty minutes. Where do you go? Considerations. You're immortal and unfazed the risks, so whether oxygen, fall, damage, terrain, et cetera don't matter. You're basically the prince, so you can just keep rolling no matter your physique or what you roll up sharp hot, et cetera. Do you in mind your objective to scale so it's like Walmart costco are off limits. Feel free to use actual levels as an inspiration. There's no winner. This is just for fun and a pleasant time. Parentheses for you cheers money sh I think Lego likes good.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, like a baseball stadium and you go around, you get all of the chairs, just.
Speaker 2: Because if you start at one foot, you're not gonna be able to get chairs right away. So baseballs and bats and things like that. Soccer stas be pretty good too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's like it's like I love the loves where the progression feels great. If like starting off with like tiny everyday objects, then like there's that moment where some of you're getting small animals. Then there's that moment where you get people, and that's a big step. Then you're getting trees and you're getting buildings like cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so like theme parks not good. I don't want to I like the theme parks.
Speaker 1: I don't want to roll them up.
Speaker 2: I can't put it back together, right. I think the basically the spirit of the rules was don't worry. Everyone's gonna be fine. Yeah, I don't worry about killing them. And I just would go Legoland, get all the small Lego's good, the Lego like the bigger stuff they make with Legos, and then out to the parking lot and start getting the cars.
Speaker 4: I think Jeff one with Legoland. I gotta be honest, I wish I could come up with something better.
Speaker 2: But that's great.
Speaker 1: The Denver Airport, sure, yeah, oh you can get the Legos and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 3: You did them all of America. Leg are there too.
Speaker 2: There you go. America's pretty good roofs, though the roof is gonna become a problem.
Speaker 1: Roller coasters and yeah, I forget. How did Katamari domice behave with like liquids? You just rolled through them, right, Yeah, you can just.
Speaker 2: Go under water.
Speaker 4: There's a certain point where like you can collect whirlpools and things like that that they just go in the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there was. There was. There was a level one we love Katamari where you actually are like rolling a snowman. So you have some snowchos. Oh, it's a good level.
Speaker 1: Roll down Mount Everest.
Speaker 4: It's great because like the King of All causes sort of lamenting the fact that like rolling snowman is more fun than Katamarid.
Speaker 2: What a good character. I remember anyone? The phone one?
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't have a I don't have an Apple KDE subscription right now. I don't necessarily want to pay for that.
Speaker 1: Sure, I remember this Around this time last year, Dan Rekert and I asking Jade Cargill if she would cost play as the King of Cosmos the situation she could do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Kevin from Tennessee Scout. I swear I got is I got a feeling by the Black Eyed Peas the worst popular song of all time. Before you answer, let me remind you of the lyric fill up my cup, Drake mazel Tov. I'm look at her dancing, move it, move it, just take it off. Let's paint the town paint. Then we'll shut it down, throne, Let's burn the roof. I can't think of a single other popular song that makes me want to kick through a speaker as much. Love, Kevin from Tennessee, sent from my Apple Cellulovi. That chorus hits kind of I don't know. When I hear that, I'm like, yeah, I do have a feeling.
Speaker 3: They are just tremendously obnoxious, aren't they?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Trace is the word I think of when I think of the Black Eyed Peace. I have to like them because like one of them is Filipino. The whole skin skinship kinship argue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean a lot of the lyrics of these sort of party rock songs from this era is incredibly vapid and nonsense.
Speaker 2: You're never gonna get me with lyrics, right, Oh, the lyrics are bad. I'm like, well, I'm not listening to them anyhow. Does it sound nice when I hear it on the radio? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I really don't like because as someone who loves Warren Zyvonne and Leonard Skinnard, I get very mad at that kid rock song that takes two things I love and mashes them into a kid rock thing.
Speaker 1: Lots of yes, he does, but I hate that song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's depitly worst when someone in the chap mentioned Mambo number five.
Speaker 1: That's a bad one. That's a banger too, though, Yeah, what do we do?
Speaker 2: Like a lot of these songs that the one a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, how much money do I have to give you twenty dollars enough to do a cover of Mambo number five?
Speaker 2: But you said, actually already on the hook he has to learn informer by Snow Yeah. Yeah, have you heard it was one hundred and fifty? Yes, it was.
Speaker 4: Doctor All teared me was like, Mike will learn to karaoke? The song with the highest donation. I didn't ask either, and it's never been waiting on me a little bit.
Speaker 2: But hey, he's got it, made a lot of money.
Speaker 4: That's it's already one of that song. Let's yeah, I better start listening to in the cars and can get ready.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for you to look at boom boom down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's that song called again? In former and former?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was everywhere back then.
Speaker 2: I'll get on that. Once he learns that, then we could start talking about paying him to another song.
Speaker 1: He move into his odb era. I can't wait for that. Gosh okay. Last email of the show once again. The email address is BombCast giant bomb dot com. Thank you for writing in any and everything. Last email comes from Rich and Rich Rights. I did the adult thing and rented a powerwasher. Powerwash simulator is kind of bs because that's not fun at all. It's like playing the slowest, most boring hockey practice where you're sweeping water back and forth to clean a small area of driveway for two hours. Those games lie hard. Also, Mike reminds me of dom Delius from the end of Cannonball Run Movies when Burt Reynolds is making him crack up. Have a good week, rich ps. What do furries and grub have in common?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Uh, furries and grub my thing. I think they're both not sex things.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They both love hot dogs, hot dog cute tracted dogs.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Dan, who's the hottest?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: Weirdly was also Batman. That's the thing here, that's so Batman Dan.
Speaker 1: Have I ever explained to you the human sized dog man that becomes a power Ranger? No, it's a human sized dog man that becomes a power anger sized dog man. Because is this a shoot? Yes? Well, I mean shoot within the show on the Power Ranger show. Yes. I believe his name was like a Newbius Krueger or something. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Do you guys remember the Kids WB show where all the world leaders had dogs and they were all part of a secret like crime fighting team and they when it's like humanoid suits and crime together. Remembered it wasn't one of the first Kids w B shows. It was like in that second wave, but god, it was a weird show.
Speaker 2: For some reason, just that description reminds me of the Burger King Kids Club. It's kind of has a similar energy.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm doing like pro Stars were? Was it Gretzky, Michael Jordan and Bo Jackson lived in lockers and fought Kroner.
Speaker 2: I think we're two weeks in a row mentioning pro Stars Now, I love pro Stars man.
Speaker 4: Nobody even knows what show him talking. I mean road Rovers. It was called road Rovers. I'm like, is that it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Even sound right? I even a good name? That is it road Rovers? What was it called road Rovers?
Speaker 1: Was Rover?
Speaker 2: Dog? Name is now? Yeah? But why wrote whatever?
Speaker 1: But yeah?
Speaker 4: Like it's like the one was like the Russian dude's dog. One was the President's dog?
Speaker 1: Go all that stuff?
Speaker 2: Was it gorbachefe? It was more of a Gorba chef than a Putin situation at the.
Speaker 3: Time checkers like Nixon's dog.
Speaker 4: But this is so because to me, like I watched the show. That show apparently had one season in thirteen episodes. I probably saw all of them. Okay, that did not take off, got you? It was the president United States, the British Prime Minister, the Chancellor of Germany, the Swiss president that's probably where the hot dog came from, and the president of Russia.
Speaker 2: It was all of their dogs.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. I feel all the more richer for having this information.
Speaker 2: And watch this on your stream, Mike, I want to watch it. You'll watch some road rovers everybody.
Speaker 1: Dan. I put in our discord a photo of Doggy Krueger, a new vas Krueger. Oh, this is a cool guy. I like this guy. Yeah, right, all right, that's awesome. Yeah, hell yeah, hell yeah. All right, folks. That about does it for emails this week. What do we got going on the rest of the week. Game breaking news Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, correct, mister g that's right.
Speaker 2: We'll have game breaking news. I'm looking you right me ie when I say it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't like this. We're also gonna have Blake Club tomorrow, voicemail dump Truck on Thursday, as well as a upf this Friday right after game spot after dark Gang. The the power block is is uh where we're doing some things. We're we're rejiggering, We're shaking the box. God, I can't take grub looking at me right now. It's weird. Yeah, not like any reading me or something.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a little bonus after Blake Club tomorrow, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we're gonna have a bonus after Blake Club, the little discussion that Dan and I just finagled a hotel conference room to get into, along with some additional extra b roll of mine and Dan's time, our little Bajanza Badanza in New York going up on the site tomorrow right after Blake Club. We're gonna just watch it along together, going up on the site and the YouTube and the Power Block Gang, anything else look for it this week.
Speaker 2: Did we mention that talk over to the Mario Kurt the morning, Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, yes, Thursday morning, it'll be early for Jans, so we'll get up on the East Coast and the Eastern time zones and Central time zone if you're unlucky, and get up early and watch that for everybody. So that will happen. We'll talk over the whole thing. We'll see you then for that.
Speaker 1: In about an hour and a half, we're close to an hour after the BombCast wraps, we're gonna take a an extended break, and I believe Jake Decker, myself and maybe some others calling in will be unboxing some magic the gathering packs. So stay tuned everybody until then, I'm gonna hit this button. Hope nothing breaks. Oh my god. I've been jaed. He's been grubbed, he's been Mike, he's.
Speaker 2: Been Dan Reker.
Speaker 1: This has been the Giant Podcast. We'll see you next week for another episode. Good Bye,