Speaker 1: Welcome to Katie R. H. Garden Line with Skip Richard. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Trip.
Speaker 3: Just watch him as that us so many good things to seep hot basic gass, not.
Speaker 4: A sound credits.
Speaker 1: The sun and well, well, good morning, gardeners, welcome to garden Line. I'm your host, Skip Richter, and first of all, congratulations. If you've got more than one eye open at this hour of the morning, you're doing a good job. Hopefully with a little help from a cup of coffee. Well, we're here to talk about gardening, and so just grab your cup of coffee. Pull up, I say, pull up to the radio. Remember the days when there was this big, giant piece of furniture in the room and that was the radio. You know, you see these all these retro pictures of people listening to I don't know, President Roosevelt or something over the radio, and only things only came on at certain times. Then the real radio world began where we started seeing radios everwhere cars and everything. He listened to Garden Line that way too. Still the way I suggest you listen to Garden Line. Of course, it's up to you. Some people listen on their computer. If you go to the Katry's website. You can listen live to garden Line that way. But the way I like best is on my phone. I listened to so much stuff on my phone, of course, podcasts and whatnot. But if you get the iHeartRadio apps, a little red, little red square with a heart in it, white heart in it, and download that and fine garden Line. We're not hard to find. There's only two in the whole country, and some other other ones. I think we're in the northeast or something. Anyway, Uh, Fine guard Line and you know, connect to that and you can listen to live shows. You can also listen to past shows. So like last weekend you were you know, family had invaded the house and you didn't have time to listen. You want to go back and hear some things, Well you can do that with the iHeartRadio app or online at the KTRS website. Now, so what I suggest people do, and one of these days somebody's going to do this is take the phone with you can go out in garden. I know it's dark outside now, but once it gets light, you're out in the garden. You see a bug, you see a plant, you got a weed, you want to question something, take a picture of it, call my producer and the number, by the way to call us or to be on the show is seven to one three two one two k t RH seven one three two one two k t RHU. They'll give you a email that you can use to send photos and then call the show. I can't just type out answers to every email. That is all I would do all day, and I wouldn't even get it done that way. But if you email and want to call in and follow up, we'll answer your question live on the air, So it could be live from your garden or your lawn. That's a way I like to listen to radio. So however you want to go about it, go about it that way. All right, Well, we're here to help you have a bountiful garden, a beautiful landscape and more fun in the process. And welcome our my new producer today, Alejandro, who's with us. So be nice, be polite, and I know you are. We'll have a good time. Hey, jungle Land is that potting soil I keep talking about from a distributed by the folks at night foss and jungle Land has two versions. There's an outdoor version. It's called flour and vegetable planting soil, and then indoor version is jungle l and water saver potting soil. I want to talk about the indoor version for just a minute. Why is it called water saver. It's called that because there is a little kind of a clear crystal in the potting soil. They look like little dried chunks of jellow, very very very small. Okay, When you wet the soil, they absorb a lot of water, many times your weight in water, and they hold on to it. So even when that you know, potting mix itself starts to dry out, there is still some water in those crystals for a while, and it makes it so that if you don't if you don't remember the water, your plants, you know, have something to hang on until you do remember. Anyway, jungle land water saving potting soil. For all your indoor plants and all the different things we grow indoors, you know, the best way to take care of your plants indoors is to give them good soaking and then let them dry out pretty far, pretty far along the way, and that brings oxygen into the soil. Well. We kill more indoor plants by overwatering than by underwatering. That's just a fact we do. And with the jungle Land water Saver not number one. It drains well, but it does hold on to moisture for an extended period of time and that is the best way, really, I think the best cycle for watering and jungle and helps you do just that. It's available from Nitroposter. You're gonna find it at places like Bearings Hardware on Bissonad or the one over on Westheimer. Head out to Richmond Rosenberg area and you're going to find it an Enchanted Forest. It's available out there as well. Speaking of Enchanted Forest, I was checking out some of the things going on out there. You know, they always have programs out there through the spring especially, There's a lot of things happening and they just continue to have really really cool and fun events. There is a program coming up and I want to tell you about this one. It is, I say, coming up. It's coming up this morning and it starts at ten am and it's called Revive. You're hanging baskets with Debbie Pinks and Debil guide you through the how tos of creating and sustaining a beautiful hanging back. Get all the way through the heat of summer. Hanging baskets, like outdoor containers in general, are just great to have. And when you go to in Jenny Forest, you're going to find more than enough plants for any kind of basket or container you would want to create. You know, the trailing plants that come over the sides, the upright plants, and they'll guide you there. You know when you walk in, this is a full service guard center. They've got people that know what they're talking about walking around helping you have success. And so if you maybe you're not a designer and you're going, you know what, I want a beautify hanging basket, but I don't know what plants to put together, which ones grow together, what looks good together to help you with that, But stop by today at ten am and check out this free program on hanging baskets. They'll be a Rob's food truck or the mini donut one. That is so another reason to go. Oh, by the way, when you're out there, you got to check out their herbs. They have a brand new selection of herbs. And when I say they have herbs, I mean they have herbs like you know what basil is, right, Pesto basil, thirteen varieties of basil. Did you even know there were thirteen varieties of basil, Yes they do. They have curry plants, one called icicles, and yeah, it's as cool as it sounds. Lovage another herb. You don't hear a lot about nine different kinds of mint, from chocolate mint to apple mint. Three types of regano, seven types of time. Do you see what I'm saying? Just go check out the herb shop. Now that's just the herb, the herb building itself. It's that way all the way across intended gardens. By the way, they're down there in Richmond Rosenberg area. If you were in Richmond heading towards sugar Land Way, coming up fifty nine, it's off to the right on FM twenty seven fifty nine. Here's the website. This is where you find out everything you need to know. Enchanted Forest Richmond, TX dot com. Enchanted Forest, Richmond, TX dot com. All right, folks, we're back. Welcome back to garden Line. Good to have you with us this morning. We're here to answer the questions you might have to help you have success. Gardening is a fun hobby, it's a great hobby, and we want you to have success. I don't want you to go out to someplace and get a beautiful little plant, take it home with dreams of I don't know, tomatoes or whatever that plant produces for you, roses, rose flowers, and only to be frustrated and feel like, yeah, I can't grow stuff. You can. There. I say this all the time. I'll say it again. You do not have a brown thumb. There is no actually, there's no such thing as a brown thumb. If we want to, if we want to, just you know, pretend, because we all know what that means, brown thumb. I kill plants. Well, let's put it this way. Your thumb is uninformed, and we will inform your thumb and it will turn green. How about that. Just keep listening to garden Line and we'll do that. And but you know, success with plants involves getting good quality plants that are gonna grow, that want to grow here. That's very important. That's why we send you to the best garden centers in the Greater Houston area. Secondly, putting the products on them that helps them have success, from fertilizers to pest control, disease control, insect control, weed control, and there's no place in town that has a better selection of all of that than Southwest Fertilizer. They're on the corner of Bissinet and Runwick in Southwest Houston. Uh, if you want to get McCall seven to one three six six' six one seven four four seven to one three six sixty six one seven four to. Four they're in their seventieth. Year they've been around since nineteen fifty. Five they are a lawn and garden tradition here In. Houston many people through the decades have gone there because they know when they go, there they get whatever they. Need AND i mean that if If southwest doesn't have, it you don't need. It for, example do you need a? Tool all? Right they have a ninety foot long wall of quality. Tools see What i'm talking, about every kind of. Fertilizer you can. Imagine nothing's on my. Schedule no product comes out of my mouth on the air that is not At Southwest. Fertilizer because whatever works is What i'm going to talk, about and they know to carry whatever. Works Southwest fertilizer corner Of businette And. Renwick let's go out to the. Woodlands we're gonna start off With paul this. Morning Hey, paul welcome to Garden.
Speaker 5: Line beautiful. DAY i sent. YOU i sent you some pictures of my hydroponic. Garden as you can see in the, picture it's nice and lush and it was a bright green and then all of a, SUDDEN i got started to get these spots on the leaves and its spread pretty much throughout the whole, thing And i'm trying to figure out what it is and WHAT i can do about.
Speaker 1: It, well it's not a disease when we see that kind of stippling in between the, veins it is could be there are different things that can cause. That based on looking closely at, it it all this looks like how long would you take these?
Speaker 5: Pictures how long ago DID i take? Them? Yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yesterday, okay something is either wrong nutrient wise or just looking at. Them that whenever you see a disease on what looks like a cucumber and also on a, tomato that's going to not be a. Disease it's going to be something else because because just like your cat gets, distemper but your dog doesn't get, distemper same disease doesn't two. Species that's pretty much true in the garden as. Well so my guess on it IS i would look at providing a fertilization with some of the micro nutrients if it appears mostly on the older, foliage which means that it would be a translocatable nutrient when a plant is lacking for a particular, nutrient if it, can it steals it from the old leaves to move it to the new growth to support the new growth and keep. Going and that's what's happening on your. Plants so it's going to be something that. Moves it's not, nitrogen that's. Translate it's not let's say it's not magnesium, either although it could possibly be a. Magnesium just for, Fun i'd mix a couple of tablespoons OF EPs and salt into a gallon of, water dissolve it real, good and then drench it around the root system of those plants and see if the new growth continues on and this problem doesn't. PROGRESS i would try, That BUT i would also just get me a, good, good complete. Fertilizer you, know when you if you're going to use a product Like, microlife for, example it's an organic, fertilizer and so it's not just like they took the the elements nitrogen and phosphorus and potassium and put them into a. Fertilizer it's it's living materials that have been decomposed into a fertilizer. Form and so it's got all of crows as. WELL i would try putting some of that on.
Speaker 5: There WOULD i pour it? Into WOULD i put it into the water in the tank AS i think the HydroD there is a Hydrophonic, oh AND i use the the formula or the uh fertilizers that come with it is two two different gallon. Jobs one is labeled aye be if they give you the amount of the measure to put, in And i've done, that And i've also checked the pH which.
Speaker 1: They want you to, do and the pH is. Fine, OKAY i had missed the hydroponic. Part, oh, yeah that this is definitely this is definitely. Nutrients and and in that, case, BOY i don't want to mess with the system too much that they, have BUT i MIGHT i might. TRY i might try something like the orange labeled biomatrix. Biomatrix, uh there's also uh it's a seven one. Two the numbers just escaped me on. It, ANYWAY i would try that one put a little bit of that in there and just watch and see how something's wrong in the. Nutrients and since they've sent you the, mix you, KNOW i don't know what's in the mix they sent, you SO i really don't know what to suggest that you. Add there are some other soluble fertilizers that you mix up and water and put on, plants and a lot of those have micronutrients in them as. WELL i think this could be a micro, nutrient but not. Necessarily but, anyway that's WHAT i, see and so we need to fix the. Nutrients plus they don't have a healthy green color like they, could and SO i THINK i think they need a little bigger boost of. Nutrients maybe things got a little too. DILUTE i don't. Know that's my best shot at, it, though.
Speaker 5: Good, enough can 't's check that. Out the biometrix that you, Mentioned where CAN i get? That is THAT ace?
Speaker 1: Hardware, Yeah ice hard will probably carry. It, uh it's available just all over the, place you, know if YOU i think they they. May you're up kind of. NORTH i know up In willis, too there's the THE ace hardware up. There there's also a growers outlet up In willis that carry some micro life. Products, so but you have to be able to find it closer to you than.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: Good now there's you got an. Ace don't you have an ace over there On? RAYFORD i got one on As punk On.
Speaker 5: Woodlands.
Speaker 1: Park, Yeah, Crookandal yeah aspos is. Right if that's close to, You, yeah go to that. One that, one that's.
Speaker 5: Fine, yeah that's ONE i mind all the.
Speaker 1: Time, okay all, right well then there you got.
Speaker 5: That and, uh if things come out open my half of the.
Speaker 6: Bush that's.
Speaker 1: You that's a small. Request that's all we. Ask take care, man than appreciate. IT i appreciate, it all, right bye. Bye oh. Boy for those of you who are wondering what's going, on, well you, know garden line advice is. Free we don't charge you for. Advice BUT i do ask that you bring me half the produce that you grow as a result of taking the. Advice, now if you kill the, plant don't bring me half the dead. PLANT i don't want, that, Seriously oh. Gosh, Anyway, yeah micro life products are. Excellent they. Come they have the liquid forms and they have the granular solid. Forms right, now granular it's lawn fertilizing, season and the green, bag the six two, four that's the standard number one selling organic fertilizer in The houston, market a Greater houston market really sold all over the. Place and going with, that they have a purple bag that's Called humates. PLUS i would suggest you also do. That it's not in place of, fertilizing it's in addition to. It The humates plus provides the final decomposition stage of composted organic. Matter so think of it as concentrated compost in a. Bag and the WAY i describe it is if you made this giant pile of leaves and grass, clippings huge, pile and then you composted it, down you would have a fraction of the size of that pile now as. Compost if you let compost go all the way to its final, stage the humus that results from it would be a fraction of the size of the. Compost so it's concentrated compost in a. Bag, now anytime you use two different, products and this is a general advice, here whether you're, putting you, know two different fertilizers or a fertilizer with some other control product of some, sort never put them all in the same. Hopper because the particle sizes are different and you don't get good even distribution that. Way what you do you use in this, case the the green bag and put it, out cover your law with, it and then come back and load up with the purple bag the heum mats plus and put it out and you can do humates plus many times of years you. Want it's you, know it's not the fertilizer that makes it turn. Green it's the product that improves the. Soil and organic growing is all about improving the soil gradually over time so your lung gets better and, better or whatever you're growing gets better and. Better you can go To Microlife fertilizer dot com find out more. Information but you're going to find these at feed, stores at quality garden, centers you're going to find a bit a hardware. STORES i was talking About Southwest fertilizer. Earlier of course they have, it both the granular and the liquid forms of The microlife. Products, well you're listening to Garden line and the phone number is seven one three two one two fifty eight seventy four seven one three two one two five eight seven. Four give me a. Call let's talk talk about the things that are of interest to. You i'll tell you something should be of interest to. You is A Moss nursery done In. Seabrook oh, boy they have gotten some new shipments in And i'm telling you the place is just crawling with. Plants all kinds of new things have come in. There and and when you go To, moss you're going to find the standard meat and. Potatoes you know you want to you want to fly out of marigos or some tomato plants and herbs and all. That of course they have all of that, stuff but they have a lot of things that you just don't see. Everywhere you, know quality, cacti their selections as of plume areas is. Outstanding. Uh and and the, CONTAINERS i. DON'T i don't know IF i know anybody's gotten many containers As Moss nursery has down. THERE i mean that place it's eight acres crawling, around eight acres jam full of everything that you you could possibly. Want and you're going to see. PLANTS i don't know what that. Is so you ask one of. Them they got qualities death note what they're talking. About. Uh they can guide, you they can direct, you they can tell, you they will help you to have. Success that's what they're. About that's why of independent garden center Like Moss nursery done In seabrook by the, way they are On Toddville road In. Seabrook that's why a place like that is so important to go. To you're not just buying a, plant you're buying the, experience and the shopping experience alone is worth going down To Moss, nursery seventy year, old family operated garden, center still going. Strong if you want to give them a call to eight one four seven four twenty four eighty Eight Moss nursery dot, Com Maas nursery dot. Com that's. It i'm gonna take a little break here in just a. SECOND i want to remind you our phone number seven one three two one two kt R h seven one three two one two kt R. H all, right welcome back To Garden, line. Folks good to have you with us this. Morning what do you to talk? About that's what we talk about. Today you, Know i've got an agenda of things that, well this is. Timely we should talk about, this or we should talk about. That we can do some of, that but, mainly what are you interested in talking. About, well here's something we probably don't want to talk, about but we need to be aware, of and that is the fact that storms come through and take our power. Out remember last, year two, storms not hurricanes EVEN i mean we're talking about just a. Storm storm can come through at any, time especially during the spring and summer months hurricane season by the, way and that far. Away and when it, does you need a quality generator to fire back up and get you back in. Business maybe you work from, home maybe you you, know for whatever, reason need power to not go. Out and it can get. Serious you, know you lose a whole freezer full of, food and especially when it was out like two weeks at a, time like it was a couple times last. Year, Well Quality Home products Of texas is the place THAT i would send you. To And Generac automatic standby generators you can get Those Equality Home products Of. Texas The genera automatic standby generator pops on the minute the power goes. Off you don't have to get out of your chair and go turn the thing, on fire it. Up it is a wonderful. Product BUT i want to tell you That Quality home is the key to this whole. Deal it's because of their. Service it's because of their. Reputation they're the number one generator servicer here in The houston. Area and when you go to quality, homes starting from them sitting down with you and sitting down whether it's phone or live and going through what kind of generator do you? Need what fits your? Needs you know as they talk to you about, it because there's whole home generators and there's all kinds of ways they can set something, up all the way to going through all the you, know the regulations about what permit do you need to do that they handle all of. That you don't have to worry about, that they set it up and when they walk, away when they drive, off that's just the start twenty four, seven three sixty five. Service and if you don't believe, me well believe fourteen thousand and five star. Reviews believe The Better Business bureau who's given them the most Prestigious Pinnacle Customer Service award eight. Times Believe Houston chronicles best of the best in the home contractor. Division it's family owned, operation been around since nineteen eighty nine here in The houston. Area financing options are available quality tx dot. Com it's a process to get a generator set up at your. House so don't, wait go ahead and start the process. Now seven one Three quality is the phone number seven one Three quality qualitytx dot. Com you should check them, out you really. Should nobody can match their. Service that is just. True the part of it is that they do pretty much everything in. House you, know they don't have to like subcontract out for an electrician to come in or something else like. That they got their own people in. House the the fact that our, soils when they get, wet they, change they, swell and they. Shrink it is a. MESS i can remember driving through some parts Of. Houston down Inside. Houston you're going down the. Street it feels like you're driving over the rocky. Mountains the streets are heaving up and sidewalks are. Cracking and even to the point of soil is so. Strong as it shrinks and swells and, moves they can break underground water, lines which is a serious problem and the City houston fixes a lot of those every. Year as a result of, that well gets, dry, shrinks gets, wet it. Swells what happens to your, foundation your, driveway in your, sidewalks well problems when your doors are sticking when there's cracks in the, brick when there's cracks in the sheet rock, inside those are all signs something's moving and you need to call Thy stricklan it fix my slab foundation repair That i's been doing this twenty. Three you, Know tye is Native, ustonian fifth Generation, texan and he understands the, Soils he understands what it takes to fix a foundation. Right and here's here's just three main reasons WHY i would say give ty a. Call Number, one unlike a lot of people out there that are doing service at your, house when he says he's going to be there at a certain, time he shows up on. Time that is. Important Number, two he gives you a fair, price that is. Important and number, three when he fixes, it he fixes it, right and he, knows he knows what it. Needs and if you don't need, fixing he'll tell you. THAT i, mean he's an honest. Fellow free estimates For guardline, Listeners so make sure and tell him you are A guardenline. Listener but give him a call two eight one two fy five forty nine forty nine two eight one two f five forty nine forty, nine or go to fix myslab dot, com fix myslab dot. Com let's end up to uh. Cypress now we're going to visit With. Walter, Hey, walter welcome To.
Speaker 7: Guardline, oh good, Morning hey, morning getting your man my. BACKYARD i don't know what you call it brown patch or, what but, Okay i've got that hat in my. Backyard it's got a real brown intent.
Speaker 1: To it front yard threating. Green BUT i don't know what to do about. It well after, That, well brown patch is primarily a cooler season. Disease we don't see it infecting as the weather's warming up like we are right now a little. Bit AND i say that right after a colfront came. Through but generally it's as we see a lot in the falling in the early. Spring it tends to also be circular or semi circular in its. SHAPE i think you're talking about something, different and it could be taken on root. Rot it's hard for, me you, know just on the fact that the grass is. Browning there are a lot of things that can do. That what would be, Best the WAY i could help you best is to see some pictures of the whole lown and then some photos up close taking on your. Phone uh you know that that show what you're, seeing but the whole long kind of gives me a lay of the, land look at what's going, on and then up. Close and if you want to do, THAT i can put you on. Hold my producer will give you the the email to send them to and with those PHOTOS i THINK i maybe then a callback we can we can take it to the next. STEP i can shoot from the. Hip but you, know, guessing it's kind of like you're calling the doctor and, saying, hey, DOC i don't feel good this, morning and he, says, Okay i'll write a. Prescription, well how on earth would you know what? Prescription you know What i'm. Saying so that's what we're dealing with. Here, okay, okay would you like to would you like to do?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes all, right add the man today and call you back.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, Thanks. Walter, well it's better if you do call, back, yeah because then we can talk about. It all. RIGHT i appreciate, That. Walter, alejandro pick right. Up let's heat out To fairfield and talk To. Marty, Hey, marty welcome to Garden.
Speaker 4: Line good, Morning, Skip thank.
Speaker 8: You, HEY i have a fairly Large Laura, pedlum who seems to be on the downside of, life AND i want to know IF i pull it. UP i want to put in a sweet almond. Verbia but SHOULD i try anything. First i've been over a year or. Two i've been cutting back the dead limbs and, wood and it's just gotten where it doesn't produce the pretty flowers and leaves like.
Speaker 1: Usual, okay tell me what you're seeing when it's when it's going. Downhill you're saying it's not producing pretty flowers and. Leaves but is it the brown or the edges of the leaves? Brown or our whole branch is dying while other branches look. Green do you see What i'm? Saying what are the?
Speaker 8: Symptoms, yes all that the limbs Are, yeah, well the leaves are not turning the pretty. Purple they're just kind, OF i don't.
Speaker 6: Know a light.
Speaker 8: Tan and they didn't see this. Year they didn't produce any of the, flowers and the branches are dying a little at a.
Speaker 6: TIME i think it just hit a freeze too many.
Speaker 5: Times.
Speaker 1: Okay it also could be saggy soil. Conditions What i'm saying is those kind of symptoms may be due to the fact that the plant is struggling because its roots aren't getting adequate oxygen for periods of. Time SO i don't, know you know if that could be the case or not at your, house but that would be something that needs to be fixed for this plant or for the next, plant either. One NOW i love of almond. Verbina it gets big and so you need to make sure it has plenty of. Room and also both of these need, sunlight especially the almon verbena it needs a lot of sun to do its, best and The Lord pavelum can put up with some shade but not too. Much.
Speaker 8: Shape, no all my Other laura pedlum are doing, fine But i've been cutting them back just after the, freezes but this particular one seems to be. Struggling it is in a raised, bed it does have full.
Speaker 1: SUN i do feed.
Speaker 8: THEM i just, YEAH i do everything that the other ones, get but it is just. Struggling BUT i was, thinking SHOULD i go ahead and just cut it down to about a foot off the ground and see if it'll come back that?
Speaker 1: Way, well you could try. That you, know if it's a weak, plant it's not going to have a lot of strength to bound track. Back but that's something you could try something, Else, MARTY i would suggest is get down around the base or a hand, trow maybe a little garden host with a squirt gun on the end of, it spray, gun and just sort of do a little excavation and see if there's something wrapped around the stem of that plant strangling. It sometimes the nursery tag falls down to the ground and gets covered with the mults and the plant gets bigger and, girth but it can't because that thing is strangling. It just look for anything like that as just a kind of a. Possibility it's just something that came to.
Speaker 8: Bed, well there's been this has been here for you, know fifteen, years and it's Been it's like eight feet tall and very. Wide SO i can get down there though and give it some holes and air and everything down by the.
Speaker 1: ROOTS i can do, that, Okay. Okay, well just the REASON i say the swelling is the older a plant, gets the more we run into that. Problem you, know that something because a stem is getting big enough for something that was not tight around it years ago to become tight Around so just check for.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah if, not you just need to pull. It just need to pull, it all, Right thank? You, hey thanks for the. Call appreciate that you're listening to Garden line the phone number seven one three two one TWO. Ktrh Nitrophas superturf is the slow release fertilizer From nitroposs And i'm telling you the stuff. Works Nitrofus superturf is a nineteen four ten. Formulation you may be thinking nineteen my, gosh that's a lot of. Nitrogen well it, is but it releases over four. Months so you put it out and it's not all just dissolves and goes into the. Soil it gradually feeds and that's why it, works and it works very. Well it gives you a nice even release so that you're, mowing you don't just go crazy and trying to you, know stay up all night mowing it three times a, day trying to keep the turfing. Control it gives you a nice gradual. Feed now you're going to find superturf at places like In Chinning gardens down In Richmond rosenberg. Area you go To hiding And feed On Stubener, airline or go to The Fisher's hardware down On southhomore In. Pasadena just some examples of places where you can get super. Turf, Well i've got to run. Here i'll be right back with your calls in just a. Moment all, right, folks let's jump right back in. Here we got some things to talk. About first of, all BEFORE i, Forget i'm going to be AT Rcw nurseries, today OUR Cw. Nurseries that's The Garden center At beltway eight and two forty, nine And i'm gonna be. There i'm really hoping you can come. OUT i love to meet folks that listen To Garden, line and every time we go out TO, rcw we have a good. Time i'll be there from twelve to. Two now you don't have to eat. Lunch just show up because they're going to be providing some BARB i believe barbecue, SANDWICHES i is, barbecue and refreshments and we'll just have a good. Time we will be giving away some. Products the three sixty tree stabilizer you hear me talk about all the. TIME i got several of those to give. Away we also have some quality products from there's some From Microlife we're going to be given. Away in other, words just come on out and bring your. Questions if you've got, samples maybe you got weeds in the lawn and you want to just pull them, up pull, them sample of, them not all of, them and put them in a. Bag bring them to. Me we'll talk about what they are and what to do about. Them that is the, simplest fastest easy way to get eye to ee. TIME rc nursers, again corner Of Tomball parkway in Belt wag. Eight i'll be there from twelve noon to two pm. Today oh and when you're out, there you know HOW i always talk about The cajun hibiscus THAT i love so, Much, well rcws where they come. From A cajun. Hibiscus come out and see those. Things they are stunningly. Beautiful we're going to go now To San antonio and talk To. Doug Hello, Doug welcome to Garden.
Speaker 4: Line Hey, skid thanks for taking my call this.
Speaker 9: Morning the kids came home with this bonds tree the other. DAY i looked it. Up it looks like a to what they call it On there's the birds rock. Juniper, okay it.
Speaker 4: Was mostly a peat moss uh.
Speaker 9: Composite so yesterday WHAT i did, was you, KNOW i it was a little too moist for my. LIKING i took all that out and washed the root ball with some Deluded menita Hashergro. MAX i didn't want to burn, it, Uh and THEN i put in some cactus soil and a heavy pur.
Speaker 4: Light you think it's gonna be, Okay.
Speaker 1: It could, be you, know it depends on how, far if it's been, stressed or some problem That i'm not aware. Of but you, know, well When alan and do some, okay, uh go online and do some do some investigating about how to do bone's. Eye bon's eye is a very unique little. Hobby it's a cool, thing but, basically you're confining a plant root. System and when you can find a plant root, system you got to give it adequate care because you, know it doesn't have a big volume of, soil so the watering and how you go about watering or fertilizing or anything like that is going to be a little. Different BUT i THINK i think you can get it back in.
Speaker 9: Shape well it's. Not it's not looking bad right. Now BUT i was just worried AND i saw those. Roots they were they were a LITTLE i don't, KNOW i guess cigar.
Speaker 4: Colored they weren't very, Right, Okay AND i, know.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah BUT i just tell you that that's typical of a juniper kind of root. System it does look a little bit on the, brown dark brown. Side and so the fresh new, roots well, yeah the fresh new roots will come. Out but you don't want that thing just growing lots and lots of roots because there's not room for them all in. There just just, uh that's WHY i, said do some investigating on care for. It it's gonna need a certain amount of. Sun it's going to need you, know a certain watering. Schedule, uh and that'll that'll hope you make sure that it stays healthy and looks.
Speaker 4: Good, okay, yeah because it's it's it's mostly.
Speaker 9: Indoors we just put it out just a couple of hours in the, morning, okay all.
Speaker 1: Right well it needs good sunlight. Though junipers do not want to grow in the. Shade they get spindley and they don't look. Good so make, sure you, know just check that.
Speaker 4: Out i'll make a note, Anyway i'll make a note of.
Speaker 1: That that's that's my. Suggestion thanks for calling in From. Santonio, yes, sir all, right we're going to take. CARE i love those, birds by the. Way that's. Love that's a good, sound all, right, folks Year Round houston Dot com is a company that comes to your. House and what do they. Do they do corration and they do compost top. Dressing correration compost top dressing two of the most important things to have a beautiful, yard especially when you're dealing with a heavy, clay when you're dealing with, Compaction trying to do it yourself is. Cumbersome it's. Messy you, know you're hauling equipment from the rental back home and back cleaning and hauling it back again and all. That just call Year Round. Houston you can call them at eight three two eight eight four fifty three thirty five eight three two eight eight four five three three five Year Round houston Dot. Com Year Round houston Dot. Com let them breathe some new life into your. Soil you, know plants live in their. Roots it's all about the. SOIL i always say brown stuff before green. Stuff when you go to your, lawn when you pop cores of soil out of the, ground drop them on the, surface that's what coreration. Is and then you compost stop. Dress you're bringing oxygen and organic matter down into the soil and the root will. Thrive Year Round houston Dot. Com they service an area inside The, Beltway so if you're from our garden line, listeners if you are inside The, beltway that's a prime area that they cover at year. Round houston dot. Com we're going to go now out To New caney and visit With. Vanina, Hello, banina.
Speaker 10: How are you all this?
Speaker 1: Morning i'm doing? Well can help?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 10: Well about a couple of years, ago we had this beautiful full blown bottle brush and right after that the pelt hits hits, it and bottle brushes aren't very good in.
Speaker 11: This area with the.
Speaker 10: Cold so my husband doesn't throw any plants, away so he takes it to the. Back he does everything he does to the front the same in the. Back it's growing. Beautifully it's continue getting more. Foolige but we absolutely have no ballooons on.
Speaker 5: It for the last couple of.
Speaker 10: Years it's, alive but it's just no. Blooms what we're doing?
Speaker 1: Wrong getting lots of, sunlight, yes, sir, okay because they need a lot of Sun, well let's see the plant in its life, cycle the you, know leaves come, out they capture, sunlight they make carbohydrates and that is what enables it to. Make so if you've got a healthy plant with healthy leaves that are getting lots of. Sunlight it ought to be. Blooming, uh there may be something in did it freeze? Back how long ago did it last suffer a cold?
Speaker 10: Damage, well when he missed it and when the cold, caine he took it out and he took it to the back and then he doctored.
Speaker 6: IT i call it.
Speaker 10: Doctor it put back in the, ground redid it was going to try to seep it. Safe and it did come. Back, okay next summer came.
Speaker 1: BACK i think it's just in a kind of a vegetative growth steak getting go. OUT i think it'll settle. Down i've never heard of a bottle brush that wouldn't wouldn't, Bloom so you, know it went through a lot and then of course being being dug, up moved out and, stuff and it's kind of re. Establishing BUT i think it'll settle in and. BLOOM i wouldn't overdo the nitrogen fertilization on. It just go, easy make sure it has an alquate moisture for the. Soil when we get into hot weather and it hadn't. Rained BUT i think it'll settle in for.
Speaker 12: You, okay all, right thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much it's A, yeah it's a great plant to. Have and your bees are sitting there waiting for it to bloom, too because they love that, thing. Pollinators but it's a beautiful.
Speaker 10: Plant it's a beautiful. Tree thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much, yeah thanks for the. Call, hey when it, blooms send me a. Picture all, right all, right bye. Bye that is the. Case. Ay Sweet green is an organic fertilizer that you put. Down it's got eleven percent nitrogen in, it and it is a carbon based. Fertilizer it's a molasses, based sugar based type of. Product makes microbes go. Crazy they love that, stuff really increase the prop the. Population what they do is they break it, down they turn those nutrients loose for your. Plants it smells. WONDERFUL i, mean probably the nicest smelling fertilizer you're ever going to. Find Sweet. Green you're gonna find it in places Like Plantation Ace hardware that's out one down In Richmond rosenberg. Area you go To Langham Creek Ace hardware that's on five point twenty nine in The copperfield. Area or how about Where i'm going to be, TODAY Rcw, nursery Tom Ol parkway and About. Way, hey all places where you're going to be able to get quality nitrofoss products like The Sweet. Green talking about The Ace hardware, stores you, know you've got a number of different, options And i'm gonna tell you when we come. BACK i want to tell you a little bit About Ace hardware and how to find YOUR Ace hardware. Store But i'm gonna have to go to a break right. Now so Many, hey welcome, Back welcome back To Garden. Line i'm your, Host Skip. Richter we're. Good we're glad to have you with us this. MORNING i got a lot of things we can talk about. TODAY i was thank you for we went to. BREAK i want to tell you a little bit ABOUT Ace hardware. STORES ace is you, KNOW i grew up going to hardware store with my dad and it was the old time hardware. Store you, know you walk in there with a little piece of pipe in your, hand and the. Guy you follow this guy around the store and he takes your out to it where you need to get another one of those pieces of pipe or whatever you're looking. FOR Wace hardware is a hardware store that has all those kinds of things you know you're looking for, plumbing an electrical and paint and my, gosh everything like a hardware, store but it is so much. More first TIME i went into the New ace hardware, STORES i WAS i was so. Surprised you, know each store is independently, owned so each one's gonna be a little bit. Different they're all going to have the Standard ace, products it's all going to be what you, expect but each owner can do a little bit of different things for. THEMSELVES i Mean i've gone into one where there's all kinds of unique, branding home furnishings and stuff and just budge bars and just all kinds of. Stuff it depends on The ace hardware store you go. Into it's gonna be something. Different but they're all going to be really really nice and. COOL i, mean if you're looking for power, equipment they've got it. All if you're looking for barbecue, bits the best brands you're gonna find out, There, trager The pellet. Grills we're talking about The Big Green. Egg oh my, GOSH i mean that is like a, cult The Big Green egg followers out. There friend of mine thinks, that you, know the world turns On Big Green egg and it's good and then all the other standards who have webers and all the tools and supplies and everything you need when it comes to the, outdoors your home and, garden your outdoor living. Areas you know that the patio is an outdoor, room, right it's an outdoor living. AREA ace can turn it into something. Special you on a beautiful. Lawn go. There they've got the. Fertilizers hear meet how about these? Fertilizers AND i always tell you they're available At Ace. Hardware. Now to find your Local Ace hardware part of our Garden Line Houston Ace Hardware, group you go TO Ace hardwaretexas dot. Com Ace Hardware texas Put texas in there dot com and when you go, there you get a little map you can find the stores that are nearest to. You But i'll tell you, this when you go into AN Ace hardware, store it is going to be an eye opening. Experience it really. Is AND i love going. IN i love. Shopping i'm just always amazed at the things that they. Have so we're talking about stores all over the. Place you, KNOW i have people who listen down In. Victoria well there's one On Navarro street out there On Broadway street In, Galveston Chalmers ace Euvaldie as which is on the east side Of houston On Uvaldi. Road that's another example OF Ace hardware stores here up On Spring Cypress, road And spring is Our Ace hardware Of. Champions AND i could just go on and on and. On there are so many DIFFERENT Ace hardware stores throughout the. Area just go TO Ace Hardware texas dot com and go in there and turn your landscape into something, special turn your lawn into something beautiful with the products that are going to be, available and then quality help that you'll find when you walk into AN Ace hardware. STORE i was out in the yard taking care of some. Things you. Know my favorite place to be other than talking with, gardeners probably more than talking with, gardeners is to be out there actually doing the gardening. MYSELF i planted some couple of fruit trees last week That i'd been neating to get into the. Ground got those all settled in really, good and a tree stabilizer on. Them they're you, know they're, small but they're kind of brand, new and the wind's blowing and they had a lot of foliage on them and, stuff SO i don't stabilize. THEM a little, bit So i'll put a three sixty tree stabilizer on. Them if you're not familiar with tree. Stabilizers by the, way it is a product that is a very very, sturdy weather resistant arm that grabs onto a. POST i use teaposts for, mine and it has a little fitting that will go on a tea post and then the other end grabs your tree and it's a soft. Strap so this is important when you strap a tree down and you see these people that put the, wires you, know in three different directions holding the trees like a rocket about to take off or. Something trees need. Movement don't just honker a tree perfectly in one still. Spot as a tree. Moves it's a principle of nature that movement creates strength your. Muscles if you work out your muscles and stress, them move, them they get. Stronger and it's true in plants. Too you grow a little tomato transplant in the stillness of your, house it's going to be a spiny stem that breaks off when it gets out there in the. Wind but you run your hand over it every, day move it a little, bit and it actually gets. Stronger, okay nerd, ALERT i can't. Resist i've been trying to, resist BUT i. Can't big memorpha. Genesis that's the word of the. Day that's Your Cliff claven horticultural word of the. Day for those of you who don't Know Cliff, claven go watch Cheer ses the weather or The malman who knows. Everything big momorpha genesis means when you move, something it changes the way it. Grows that's true with. Plants so, well we were talking about three sixty tree. STABILIZER i, digress but we're having, fun, Right so this allows the tree stem to move a little. Bit you don't want to go two feet in all. Directions move a little bit and he gets. Stronger that's the bottom. Line, now if you want, one come TO Rcw nursery. Today i'm going to be giving away several of those. Things maybe you win. One three sixty tree stabilizers widely. Available of COURSE rcw carries. Them you go down To alvin and you'll find them At Joges Hidden, Gardens Buchanan's native plants in The, Heights arbigate up In, Tomball Ciena maltz down south and The siena, area and plants for all seasons on two forty nine all places you're going to get the three sixty tree. Stabilizer it. Works believe, ME i use them. MYSELF i was stopped By Nelson nursery And Water gardens out In katie the other day visiting With. Ralph in, fact we spent a lot of time talking about everything under the sun regarding. Plants you know In Nelson nursery And Water gardens is Your West houston destination? Nursery and what DO i mean by? That by, DESTINATION i mean it's the place you. Go it's almost like an, event like you're going to go to a botanical. Garden you know that's a. Destination, well this is a nursery that you walk. Through and the pottery their selection of pottery that you can only get. THERE i mean they have a unique. Pottery and if you see this beautiful pottery and you want to turn it into one of those disappearing, fountains they can do that for, you or they can give you the sell you the parts and tell you how to do it. Yourself if you want that one of a kind fish, fountains plants and, pots you've got. It they'll turn spaces into something. Special now they also offer that that service to come out and create a water feature for. You But i'm telling you need to go there just for the. NURSERY i was looking at the plants in the building that you have to walk through the building to get into the nursery. Part their. HOUSEPUINS i don't how to describe. It they're just. Beautiful it's like a lot of times you get a houseplant and it looks, okay you, know but you, KNOW i kind of need to take it, home grow it in a little. Bit there's you can pick it up From Nelson Water gardens and take it right to somebody as a, gift just tick a bowl on. IT i, mean it is that pretty unusual house, plants very unusual. Housepins and you step, outside you got you got annual, flowers perennial, flowers herbs and vegetables and on and on and. ON i was shopping for a number of different things there because they have such, awesome awesome. Products they also have koi and a pond out back from one big old koi that just about comes out of the water to be. Fed and if you take your kids with you To Nelson Water garden And nursery And katie and they'll give them a little a little handful of fish food and the kids can go out there and reach down and hand feed the koi right. There it is the coolest. Thing your kids will love.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: Anyway they are just north Of ien On Katie Fort Ben. Road just head Up Katie Fort ben north off Of ien and it's not too far down on the right hand. Side, ANYWAY i had a good time out. There, well you're listening to Garden line if you would like to call and ask a gardening question seven one three two one two kt R. H SO i planted these citrus. Trees THE i planted a blood orange and a satsuma. ORANGE i also have a little lime That i'm going to put in a large. Container limes are about as cold tender as you're going to get on all the citrus that we will want to plan around, here they're very cold, tender and so you Are rather than trying to cover them a whole, Lot i'm just putting mine in a very large container and Then i'll move it into the garage on when cold weather. Threatens the other nice thing about a container is and you should have container, citrus by the, way whether it's a little kellum, mandane or whether it's a lime or a lemon or, whatever you should have some because you can put them wherever you want in a. Container you can move them to that nice sunny. Spot you can put them where the breeze will blow from the tree to your outdoor sitting. Area maybe they're at the out in the outdoor sitting. Area and when when citrus, blooms it is just oh, fragrant it smells so. Good if they never produce, fruit it would be worth having the plant just for the fragrance of the. Blooms but, Anyway i'm putting mine in a large container and then when it's, Cold i'll just move it. In now the thing keep in, mind the bigger the, container the more root volume for the. Plant so it can get a little bigger the plant. Can but also when we get into hot weather and it's not, raining if your container's too small for the size of a. Plant and this isn't just citrus trees and every, plant you want to grow your water more. Often And i've had plants they got so big in the container they were in THAT i was watering them twice a day just to keep them from going in. Distress and you don't want them to go in. Distress so that's important to be able to do. That, anyway you get the, IDEA i need to take a little break. HERE i will be right back with your. Call seven one three two one two k T. Rh all, right we're all, right.
Speaker 5: We're.
Speaker 1: Here matthew McConaughey is all, right all, right all, right all, right sorry, Dad joe can't. Resist all, right, folks welcome back To Garden. Line good to have you with. Us we're glad you're here. Today we've got plenty of things we can talk. About first of, all comes your, questions what do you want to talk? About seven one three two one two k T. Rh happy to visit with you to help you have. Success we want you to have success and enjoy gardening because gardening is a, fun fun. Activity it is it's, therapeutic and IT'S i don't. KNOW i could go, on AND i do periodically drone on about all the benefits of, gardening But i'll spare you that for right. Now WITH i hold on to the right to come back to it later. On when you want to have success with a. Garden one of the foundational things is the soil And it literally is the, foundation meaning it's the base that everything comes up out. Of but it is foundational when it comes to. Success in terms of its, effect plants live in their. ROOTS i like to think of it that. Way you, know, yes there's green stuff on top of the, ground but the brown stuff below the, ground that's where the key to success. Happened now you need, sunlight yes you, do of, course but soil soil soil is where you. Start And Heirloom soils has built a wide variety of pride their product. Selection you need to go see. It in, fact do this write Down heirloomsoils dot Com airloomsoils dot, com AND i want you to go look at the products that they have and the range of. PRODUCTS i, mean you can buy expanded shell from, them for, example you can buy composts of various. Types they have a rose and bloomers. Blend anything with flowers is this blend is great For they have a potting soil called The. Works they have one Called cactus And Succulent. Mix while we were talking to someone earlier about growing some mom's eye and they were talking about putting some gritty material into the. Soil, well cactus and succulent From Airloom soils is a great. Mix they have a veggie and herb. Mix they've got a landscape bed or fruit berry and citrus, mix just on and, on and you can buy by the bag all over. Town they're widely. Available if you go To airloomsoils dot com you can find out where you can Get airloom. Soils you can go pick it up bulk out there In, Porter. Texas you can have them deliver. It they can bring a dumpload and put it on your driveway and you can go to town. Boy i've done that several times building beds and. Things or they can bring out a supersac which is a. Qbicyard they set it on your. Driveway it's neat and, clean And i've also that and it works really. Well whether it's leaf mole, composts maybe you're doing some top dressing or just using the quality leaf mole, compost you, know as an amendment in your, beds or as even as a mulch on the. Surface veggie and, urbanics same. Thing just got to give them a, call go go check them. Out heirloomsoils dot. Com find these quality products and start with them IF i could help you to have a success in one specific, way be before you buy a, plant get the. Soil that doesn't mean you have to make two. Trips you can do them both at the same. Time most of our garden centers sew you these quality, products but soil, first plants, second so, important and so many people get that turned. Around you, know you go in and and this is true shoppers that they don't know about all the great garden centers that we have where you get good advice and where you get good, direction accurate, advice accurate. Direction you're at help and everything. Else and they go grab some plant and they walk home and probably Bud dame a plant that needed to be planted, here you, know some place it sells all kinds of other, things and just the plant wasn't for them. Here but, anyway they come home with, it they look, around where AM i going to put? It they scratch weeds away and put it in the, ground and it just from that point, on you're doomed to. Failure And i'm, Gonna i'm, Gonna i'm gonna drone on about that just a. Minute this is one of the, things in, Fact i'm gonna make a. Little we'll record this and put it On facebook coming up. HERE i think that's worth doing if you if you are going to have a total success with what you want a plant to, become whether it's a tomato production or whether it is a rose bloom production or anything like, that starting in the soil and get that's soul right is just. Critical it's the foundation so important to. Do getting a plant that wants to be there and they wants to grow, here and a good quality home garden center is going to be able to provide you with. That we call Them mom And pops to call them independent garden. Centers they know what they're talking. About you hear me talk about them all the time here on Garden. Line they provide you the kind of plants and the kind of advice that you need to. Do and when you do it that, way you just are set up for. Success and it is so important to, do AND i talk about it all the, time but it's because it is so. IMPORTANT i so many times see people that just plopped something on the ground and they're not, ready AND i, jokingly well half, jokingly, say we should have our legislature In texas pass a law that has a cooling off period for purchasing. Plants AND i know garden centers wouln't want to hear it's a ridiculous. Idea but imagine that you go to a garden center and you have your, plants and you're about to check, out and they, say, okay have you prepared your, soil and, NO i, Haven't and they, Okay i'm gonna take this flat and set it here behind, me and you come back when your soil is ready and you can have your. Plants. YEAH i can hear screams of no out, there including from garden. Centers. Right but the point is this that the PLoP a plant into an unprepared plot amounts to plant. Abuse The society for The prevention Of cruelty To plants asks me to tell, you don't do. That don't do, that prepare the, plants and then prepare the, soil and then put in those quality plants from our great independent garden centers that we. Have All, right, well there's. That if you heed that, advice you will you will do much much. Better. Now in, addition you, know when we say preparing the, soil we're talking about not just loosening it. Up and adding organic, matter composted organic matter and. Quality you, know soil blends like the ones At heirloom SAUCE i was talking. About but preparing the soil is also putting in the nutrients that the plant. Needs you, know every soil is. Different soil is a bank account for. Nutrients it amounts to a bank, account and the plant makes with the draws every. Day that's how that. Works so when that, plant any plant in your, yard from your turf grass to the rose bush and everything in, between today is its root system is taking up water and, nutrients and it needs certain things in certain. Amounts it doesn't need as much zinc as it needs, nitrogen it doesn't need as much boron as it needs potassium for. Example, okay but it needs them and it takes us up day by day by. Day and it's like an eight making withdrawals from the soil of the specific nutrients it, needs and getting those right is so. Important And Nelson Plant food is an example of one of those fertilizers that knows how to blend the. Mixes for, example The bruces Brew brusus brew is something you put on your. LAWNS i can put on the plants if you, want but it about every six months and it gives you a quick green. Up but it has some forms of nitrogen that are gradually. Released so if you dumped all of an immediately released fertilizer on your, ground the nutrient would be there for the, plant but two months from, now or three months from, now or or and so, on even weeks from, now it may be. Gone and so with a gradual release over, time you get that daily withdrawal from the plant. Ability and Now bruces brew has carbon based nitrogen. Sources they feed the microbes in the soil to really stimulate the plant health and the success with the. Plant it's widely available all over The Greater houston area just to just look For bruce sprew it. Is it is a quality product that's kind OF i think of it as kind of being in the middle between a quick release and a slow. Release it's got a little bit of each in, it so you're gonna get the quick, benefit but you're also going to get a gradual feeding out over. Time And nelson products are widely, available, again AS i, said in a lot of different places here in the, area so it's not hard to find. Them and It's. Bruss bruce is one of a whole bunch That Dean nelson and the team out there At Nelson fertilizer has put together that do have. Success i'm going to take a little break. HERE i just want to remind you That i'm going to be AT Rcw nurseries today from twelve to. Two from twelve to, two come on and see. ME Rcw nurseries have got some great giveaways And i'd love to meet. You all, right, folks hang, Around i'll be right. Back all, right welcome back to the garden. Line good to have you with. Us, hey if you got a gardening. Question seven one three two one two k T r eight seven one three two one two k T r. Eights people must be sleeping in. Today it's been a little quiet. Today last week was. Crazy so, ANYWAY i should talk a little, quieter just to let them make sure they get their. Sleep Growers outlet In willis is a very unique garden. Center first of, all where is. It, well it's on seventy, five just south Of, willis just minutes away From interstate forty. Five but when you walk in, there you're going to find, well it's a garden. Center what would you. Expect you expect plants right in products and. Things, yes they have all, that but you need to see the kind of plants that they have in the. Products beautiful beautiful hanging, baskets all kinds of things for both you, know edibles like, fruit trees and vegetables and, herbs to some really unique types of. Flowers you, know for, example they have a patunit you call the, galaxy and it's got little white spots in the, pedals so it looks LIKE i guess stars at, night you, know the little white stars and the. Petals it's just an example of What i'm talking. About they have macho ferns that are bigger and, beautiful more beautiful than just about Anything i've ever. Seen they are absolutely gorgeous and it grows outland In. Willis you can go online and see what they. HAVE i mean that you go online to their, website and we can't think of another nursery that does. This but maybe it's crape myrtles or deer resistant, plants or perennials or fragrant, plants or vegetables or berries or fruit or, vines and it'll tell you how much they. Cost and it'll tell you the availability. Too they update that weekly to keep it up to date on the website At Growers outlet In. Willis if you're looking for some beautiful, roses now it'd be a good time because they sure have some beautiful ones out. THERE i think you should check it. Out the website here it Is Growers outlet In. Willis that's easy to, Remember Growers outlet In. WILLIS i was visiting with them a while back up there and looking at the gift, shop AND i mean they have some local honeys and other kind of food type items that they, preserves you, know special types of unique gifts as. Well it's really a cool. PLACE i love going. There, well let's, see we're going to go to you what FIRST i wanted to The other, DAY i was doing some transplanting AND i drab a hold Of medina has To grow six twelve. Six, Now medina's got a lot of, products AND i GUESS i should talk about all of them, more but it's it seems like this is spring planning, season and SO i need to tell you about the six twelve six more. Often AND i use it WHEN i put a plant in the. Ground mix up the six twelve. Six it's this official name is has To grow six twelve six plant. Food it's three different products in one of. Course it has a six twelve, six that hyphosphorus middle, number very important for roots on your new. Transplant it's Got medina sol activator stimulates biological. Activity it's got humate humic, acid and humic acid improves sol structure and when you improve salt, structure you get oxygen down. There you got good nutrient uptake going. On you can also use it as a. Folio it's not going to earn your. Plants BUT i mix it in. Water according to the, label drenched that plan in really. WELL i just planted some things that they had drenched them in, tomatoes drenched them in very, well and then about a week, later do it, again a week, later do it, again so three, times about a, week ten, days two weeks. Apart whatever you wanna, do just just get it done, sooner better than rather than, later and help that plant get off to a good. Start it's one of the many products From medina that help you have. Success they make your thumb look. Green let's got to the. Phones now we're gonna head to full Shre texas and talk To. Mike, Hello, mike welcome to Garden. Line, hey thank you for taking my.
Speaker 13: CALL i have about a forty year old oak tree in front of my house that looks like the original owners of my house built those huge mounds of mulks underneath, them probably twelve foot diameter, circles and now wherever there was, mullets it's it's covered like the tree has these growths within there that just you can just remove them with your hands or. Feet but it's part of the tree and it's not like the root. System and it's a gigantic mound probably two feet, tall of just tree.
Speaker 1: GROWTH i don't know what.
Speaker 13: IT'S i don't know if it's a root or a bark OR i don't know what it's, called but it's it's no longer the most part of the.
Speaker 1: Tree it's growing all around the. Base i'm not picturing. It, mit what are you able to take a photo and email it to? Me, okay why don't we do. That i'm going to put you on, Hold, alejandro give you an email and send that to, me and then give me a call. Back once the photo gets, here take a look at it and we'll see right, now my brain is not picturing what you're. Describing it seems, alien which may be the you, know that's the logical. Answer aliens, landed and that's what this is all. About so we'll take a look at your pictures and come up with a better. Answer, okay thanks a, lot all, right hang, on don't go away there you. Go, yeah you, know and some of these things that are. Unusual it just helps for me to see. It and you, KNOW i can give you answers THAT i think is what's going. On but you don't want to waste time and money on WHAT i think IF i pictured the wrong. Thing so a picture is very. Helpful don't be afraid to do. That happy to do. It just remember to follow them up with a call so we can talk about it on garden. Line other people are going to have similar questions or be interested at. Least and the answers to what you are curious. About Warren's Southern garden is out there In. Kingwood and by the, Way i'm going to be out. There let's see Next, saturday a week from, Today i'll be out At Warren's Southern gardens In. Kingwood, now Both warrens And Kingwood Garden center are quality garden centers that when you, go you're going to find any kind of plant you're looking. FOR i, MEAN i don't care what it. Is whatever you're looking, for the kinds of plants you want to, grow you're going to find them At Warren's Southern Garden. Center of Course Kingwood Garden. CENTER i was out there not too long, ago And i'm just so impressed with the stock that they have right. Now they had brought in a lot of quality. Things so you know HOW i say brown stuff before green, Stuff, well they have got one of the best selections of soils and mulches and soil blends and, whatnot and any kind of plant you're looking, for they're going to have. It and it is a beautiful garden center to walk through, too by the, way that JUST i love that. Place they just keep making it better and, better whether you're looking, for you, know the deep burgundy of A Laura peddlum shrub or something maybe that is one of the variegated many kinds of variegated shrubs in the, landscape like, firebush lime sizzler has that bright yellowish yellow and green colors to. It you, know we can create a lot of color just with foliage. Too and of course they've got the, flowers, flowers, flowers, flowers flowers, everywhere giant, booginvillias a beautiful hanging. Baskets Warren Southern Garden, Center Kingwoo gardens have Bother kingwood's the gift shop there is just so. Stunning warrens is On North Pork. Drive Kingwood Garden center is On Stone Hollow. Drive both of them are open seven days a. Week today would be a great day to get out. There got some good weather right. Now we're going to head now out To kingwood and talk To. John, Hey, john welcome to Garden.
Speaker 14: Line, yes, sir how you doing?
Speaker 1: Today i'm, well thank, you just talking About. Kingwood, yes, Sir SO.
Speaker 14: I got that crabgrass. ISSUE i sent you the pictures on were able to look at them for.
Speaker 15: Me, uh let's see is THIS i got A when did you send these last?
Speaker 5: Week?
Speaker 1: John i'll tell you, What, John i'm coming up against a break here in about thirty. Seconds, YEAH i do have your. Photos i'm coming up against a. Break can you hold? On and that WAY i can give you more time to be able To, yeah to be able to give you a better answer for. Him sorry about. That, YEAH i appreciate. That just hang, on don't go. ANYWHERE i will be right back all. Right got us a regular hodown going on here at Guard. Line glad you're with us. Today by the, WAY i was talking about nutrients and things, earlier in the fact that bank account is an important. Concept your soil is a bank. Account and when the plant, goes when the plant root goes to the bank account and, SAYS i need some fill in the. Blank if it's not, there the plant can't. Grow it's as simple as. That some things are just needed in tiny, amounts like, boron for. Example you don't need a lot of. It in, fact you put a lot of boron on you got a. Problem you can damage, things but you have to have, it and you need some of it there in the bank. Account and azamite is a, micronutrient a trace mineral. Supplement for just that, reason we put it, down not to make the grass just jump out of the ground and grow. Green we put it down so it's in the bank. Account so in that nitrogen and phosphorus and, potassium those three numbers on the bag when they're pushing that growth to go that plant can take. Up in this case of my, example the boron, Now azamite contains a number of different trace. Minerals you can find mora At Azamite texas dot, Com azomite. Mite azamite widely available in garden centers and feed stores and ace hardware stores And southpus. Fertilizer you throw a rock and you can get a place with asimite near. You but remember now it's a good time to get it. Done don't put it in the same hopper at the same time as. Fertilizer make a separate. Application but make an application and get that down. There we're going to head now To kingwood and talked To, john And John i'm sitting. HERE i pulled up your your photos that you. Have uh so let's let's talk about. That you you had the grass in the. Yard go ahead and tell me a little bit more about the history of what you saw saw.
Speaker 14: Here, so, yes, sir we had it last year WHAT i think to be. Crabgrass it might be something, different BUT i guess it dropped seed last year because it went away and then the yard looked good for a month or so like last, month and all of a, sudden all of a, sudden all this just came out of nowhere and it just multiplied like. Crazy But i'm thinking it must have been something that.
Speaker 6: Was there last.
Speaker 14: YEAR i Put spectra side that spray you put on the. HOSE i put that down and killed all the clover and. Everything but then NOW i got this. RIGHT i also Put Scott Scott's bonus as whedon feed last.
Speaker 1: Month, okay well this was Our this was already, growing so that that product you mentioned didn't didn't do anything for. This when you try to kill a grass in a, grass that's hard to. Do, now you can prevent grass seeds from germinating and infesting your lawn with a product Called, barricade and it's. On have you ever seen my schedules online by any? Chance? No, certain BUT i will. Look, okay, yeah go to gardening with skip dot. Com there's two free schedules to, download ones fertilizing your lawn and one of them is dealing with problems and this will be dealing with. Problems product Called barricade can prevent germination on the particular. Grass looking at the photo AS i, am it's Probably dallas. Grass it's not. Crabgrass it could. Be there are a couple of other grasses that look somewhat Like dallas grass that's hard to. Kill and some of these are, perennials and so the grass is, there you, know and just a pre emergent doesn't kill it because the plant stays alive and pops back. Up the best way to control it is to wipe a herveside on the leaves of the grass without getting it on your. Lawn and also on my website is something like it Says skip's weed, wiper and it's a little. Tool it's a grabber type tool with sponges on it that you can make homemade and just no time at, all and going through there and wiping it on that tall grass with the weed wiper will allow you to do that and it'll translocate down and kill. Those now you're gonna have to stay after it for a, while you, Know saturday, morning get out there a cup of coffee in one hand and the weed wiper in the other and do. That but there's not a spray that won't kill your. Grass if to kill that grassy, WEED i see a little. BIT i THINK i see from a distance some annual bluegrass that germinated Last. October so when you download my schedules from gardening With skip dot, com you will see when to apply the barricade to help prevent that grassy. Weed those are the small tufts of grass and they have seed all over. Them, NOW i know you don't want to spend your your day out there on your hands and. Knees but in my, yard when a few of those come, UP i JUST i drop down and you can dig that low clump out real. Easy and all the seeds that you pull up out of, there throw them in a bucket and get them out of the lawn or otherwise they'll be there for you next. Spring and what was one weed now will be one hundred, weeds right all?
Speaker 14: Right thank, you get online And i'll.
Speaker 1: Look at all that all, Right thank. YOU i, appreciate appreciate your call very. Much you take care of. Uh League City feed is down in The League city, area and uh of course it. Is Uh League City feed is the kind of place, that uh you, know when you when you go To League, city you're going to find that any kind of fertilizer or product to control pests and weeds and diseases THAT i talk, about you're going to find that stuff down At League City. Feed if you haven't been there. Before it's On highway, three just a few blocks south Of highway ninety six In League. City so all of you in that, region this is your hometown feed. Storm WHEN i say, REGION i Mean, Elkamina reale And dickinson And baycliff And lamark And, Webstern Clar Lake, City san Le, Owned Santa, fe that whole area down. There it's easy to get To highway, three a few blocks south Of highway ninety. Six you're looking for, asumite you're looking for, nitrofoss you're looking for micro, life you're looking for heirloom. Soils you see What i'm. Saying nelson plant, foods they're, there along with pesticide and herbicide and, fungicide high quality pet foods as, well and any kind of supplies to go along with your backyard chickens that you. Have they'll cover you there At League City. Feed third generation Of thunderberg's now running that Store wes And, Madison so stop by there or give them a. Call two eight one three three two sixteen twelve two eight one three three two one six one. Two let's see. Here, Okay jim go to gym In College. Station Hey, jim welcome to garden. Line how are you, Hi i'm, Good thank.
Speaker 6: YOU i think you can hate of my crate.
Speaker 1: Myrtle, okay, YES i see.
Speaker 16: THAT i don't know what.
Speaker 17: Happened that was actually MY i have two large crate. Myrtles that was my best. One and you can see it looks pretty.
Speaker 1: Dead, yeah well it's. RESPROUTING i was trying to resprout from down. Lower, uh and this seemed to happen. Suddenly.
Speaker 17: Uh, yeah it was fine last, year and this year it came out like. That my other one's doing.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 1: Something one of two things. Happened either it's a cold temperature thing and we had a coal snap this. Year AND i realized crape myrtles grow all the way up In, washington D. C so why would we worry about. Cole, well if you remember a few years, ago you're up In College. Station temperatures drop down In december too fast and a temperature that crape myrtles should have. Survived many of them died all the way to the, ground and then we sprouted out of the. Base when crapes aren't ready for a good hard coal. Snap and you had a pretty good one this year up, there but not like The december, one so there's a possibility that that could have. Happened, also you got it right next to the, pool and actually that pool is like the moisture. Hole water holes heat and slowly releases it through the, night and there is an effect of warming that can keep a plant in a not fully dormant state from. That it's a strange, thing but it it. Happens you go up Into, michigan for, example and it's too cold to GROW i don't, know cherries or something, blueberries and right along the edge of the of The Great lakes And michigan they grow those because the lake effect makes enough difference for them to be able to grow something that the area is too cold. For, anyway that could be one reason your crape myrtle is not getting ready for the. COLD i realize it's been there a long, time so why didn't this happen? Before it just the way the temperature. Drops the other possibility gym is going to be in the, roots and THAT i can't see in the photo any signs of. It the roses around it look, healthy So it's not like some poison got put on it. THERE i know that with pools and chlorination and, stuff sometimes we see some chlorine escape and problem with plants that it drifts up. Into BUT i don't see signs of that. Either so other than soggy wet conditions or, cold those are the only two things crpe myrtles are. Tough IF i were, YOU i would do one or two. THINGS i would either cut it back to where there's living shoots coming, out or you can cut it back all the way and then there's a lot of new shoots come, out select however many you. Want usually people have about three trunks on a crape, myrtle and then they let those branch into more and let those branch into. More that would be my suggestion to go one of those two. WAYS i think if you try to just cut it back to the, growth that's gonna look kind of.
Speaker 6: Weird it.
Speaker 17: Is, YEAH i actually have a lot of growth at the BOTTOM i need to trim. Off BUT i Think i'll just come back to that. Level you, Know i'm against chopping, trees chopping them, off you, know if they give them the hair, Come, Yeah BUT i think in this case it needs to hear.
Speaker 1: Well and this is different than the creape murder that people do out. There i'm talking about going all the way to just above the ground or at the, ground and you will get a lot of shoots coming, up and then you get to select the ones after they get some size on them and space them, out and you'll that tree will regrow pretty darn fast with all that. Vigor, Hey i'm about to get cut off by the music, here but good luck with, that and thank you for giving us a. Call all, right, folks welcome to Guard. Line good to have you with us this. Morning what are the things that you want to talk? About you got a gardening question seven one three two one two k t R. H seven one three two one two k t R. H simple as. That, well if you are looking to set up a foundation for success for your, plants the place you need to know. About the place you need to go Is. Siennamulch cenamulch is south Of, houston down in The siena. Area so all of you listening out there In riverstone And, Roach sharon And First, Colony, Meridian, Sweetwater, pearline Sun, Creek, Estates Quell, Valley, Fresno Pomona, Lake. Olympia CAN i go On Sandy, point our Col Iowa. Colony certainly see on a plantation and near The Brazilspin State. Park this is your backyard source for the foundation for success when you go into seeing a mulch and you load up on their various quality soa blends for both you just get composts or you can get a blend like the veggie nerd. Mix you know That Airloom soils, produces for. Example they got that. There they've got all the blends that you need for whatever you want to. Grow and then they have the things to go on top of the. Ground the mulches a native hardwood, maltz a double ground, mulch just really quality. Materials they've got things in, bulk they got things in bags and then the fertilizers part of the brown stuff part of the foundation From, microlife From nelson you know their Turf star line And nelson's plant food jars as Well medina, products products from nitrofoss and, asamide AND i already mentioned heirloom. Soils cienamulch dot com is the. Website they are located ON fm five point twenty one Near highway six and two eighty eight Near highway six and two eighty EIGHT fm five point twenty One sienna multch dot. Com it is a one stop. SHOP i mean that whether you pick it up yourself or whether you have them deliver it for a delivery, feed they will deliver within about twenty miles of the cenamult. Location. Uh either way you. Go you, know then when you put your wonderful plants in the, ground they are going to hit the ground running because Of cenamulch. Products no hesitation on my part to tell you that is top quality stuff that they. Carry. Uh plants for all. Seasons is a garden center on two forty. Nine you probably already know. It anybody around that whole area has known it because they've been around since nineteen seventy. Three it's a family owned, operation you, know The flowery started. It it's it's easy to get, to by the, way if you're heading up two forty nine To tumbole you just exit On luetta and Crossover luetta and it's just on the right hand, side just a block or so up from. There so when you walk, in first of, all check out this their new interior, area you, know where they have, tools where they have, seeds and they have all kinds of, gifts and where you get the products that you, need you, know to manage pests and, weeds diseases or whatever you. Got and then walking through the way on the way out to the, checkout you got to walk through all the fertilizers and the soil products and things like. That that is a good. Idea remember brown stuff before green. Stuff don't go home with a plant From plants For All seasons without going home with the fertilizers and with the soil products that you need to set it up for. Success they are off full service. Place these folks know what they're. Doing they're experienced and their gardeners. Themselves if you've got a thumb that you feel like is, brown well, okay take it. There they'll turn it green At plants For All Seasons plants For All seasons dot com two eight one three seven six one six four. Six and, boy it sure looks beautiful right now around that. Place lots of good stuff in you are listening To Garden. Line i'm your, Host Skip. Richtor we're here to help you have a bountiful. Garden and a beautiful. Landscape what you got to do is give me a call seven one three two two or two one two k t R h seven one three two one two k t R. H it's funny you say the number eight hundred, times and if you catch me on the side somewhere and, go what's your phone? Number it's, Like, uh IF i didn't try to think of, it would just come right out of my mouth Because i've said it eight hundred thousand. Times. Uh we're looking forward to your call. Too by the, way if you if you are looking for an organic product that will give a high nitrogen boost to your, Lawn Sweet green from nitroposs is a product that will do. That this is an eleven percent nitrogen. Product Sweet green is based on a molasses sugar type, base which means it's strings of. Carbon sugar is basically a molecule that's a whole bunch of carbon in a, chain and microbes love, that especially the beneficial bacteria in the soil thrive on. That and when you put Sweet green, down they grab a hold of those, particles they turn the nitrogen loose from them and you get a boost in your. Lawn Sweet green is an excellent, product smells wonderful and works. Well you can have a picture perfect lawn and those don't happen by. Accident let nitroface sweet green loose in your lawn and see the results that it. Does now you're going to find nitropos products at places Like Katie Ace hardware On pinoak out there in The kadi, Area Court hardware And stafford On South. MAINE i just talked about plants for all seasons In. Luetta, yeah they carry nitrofos products there as, well so they're very easy to find and they. Work oh and when you throw that we grinned in your, car you're going to want to take another trip around six' ten because it smells. The good that may be stretching it a, little bit but the rest is. All facts, All right i'm going to head out and Talk. To, Greg, Now, hey greg welcome To. Garden line how are you going? To skip.
Speaker 18: I'M good i have a QUESTION about i have a question about THE celsius i back in. The fall i've mixed up a batch and, of course you know when you're using the, weed.
Speaker 12: Wipper you don't use a lot.
Speaker 18: Of that what is the shelf life when it's mixed on.
Speaker 1: That celsius do, you know do you think it's? Still GOOD or i can't tell you that off the top of. My HEAD what i can tell you is that depending on the pH of your, spray water various insecticides and other products will break down at faster or. Slower rates AND normally i wouldn't go past about eight hours on a mix. Like that there are some extreme cases with super high pH where what's called alkalol hydrolysis happens and in like two hours it's already. Has problems and then there's some which lasts a. Lot LONGER but I just i just can't tell you on the celsius to. Be sure that sounds like a. Long. Time though if you've got, it mixed go ahead and try to. Use it go ahead and try to. Use it it's not gonna, hurt anything but you may have to, redo, it okay, All, right, yeah thanks, All, right well good luck. With it thanks thanks for calling to check. On, that well time for me to take, a. Break folks i'll be.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 1: Back george you will be our, first up Followed by herders.
Speaker 16: Can only mean.
Speaker 1: One thing the chicks are IN a dn d feed. Festive, occasion yeah last, see yesterday they got in about a dozen different kinds of, baby chicks including The, chocolate orpington's the, cinnamon queens and the cream leg Bar bull it's good night chocolate cinnamon cream that makes. Me, hungry next by, the Way on thursday, coming up they're gonna have like nineteen or at least on the, original schedule nineteen different kinds of chickens are supposed to be delivered as chicks there as well, as ducks turkeys. AND geese i, TELL you D and. D feed of course They've got they got feed for all these and all the supplies you need to raise. Baby chicks ME when i have. Backyard chickens but they also have things like nitrofoss and bo nide and microlife and turf star, medina products, Airloom soils neilson. Plant food, you know they get lasts of vegetables and other kinds of plants, in there and everything you need to control the problems that you. Might have you look at my schedules and it and the, fertilizing schedule and then the pest disease and. Whed schedule you know the things that go wrong in. The lawn you GO to D and d and they're going to have the solutions to those. SAME things D and d is about three miles west of two forty nine on twenty nine to twenty West. Of tombul dover family has been doing this since nineteen eighty nine when they first opened. It up you need to go by there and check it out and make sure if you're in the, BACKYARD chickens D and d feeds were all the chicks. Hang out i'm telling. You that, all right we're gonna go now to where are we? Going next we're gonna Go. To george, Let's See, Hello george welcome to The.
Speaker 19: Guard, line hey, Hey man good good, Morning, man good, good morning, many man? Hell man Is about my question is About a. JAPANESE maple i just, bought, One man i'm in love. WITH it i want to Say that my question is about the fertilizer nitrogen phosphorus potassium ratio at. The end my other question is about how to protect it a. Winter STRATEGY do i just bring it In because i'm keeping it in.
Speaker 1: A pot i'm keeping it in. A, pot, okay okay well?
Speaker 19: It, strategy, yes yes that pie that you can go the, heat lamp then save my.
Speaker 1: Leopid, plants okay, good, Work perfectly it. Worked perfectly that piping thing that, You well. I'm glad i'm glad to.
Speaker 5: Hear.
Speaker 1: That yeah THE what i would suggest During your. Japanese maple first, of all you can have it a pot for, a while but don't leave it. Too long it wants to get its. Roots out If a japanese maple needs to think it's grown in, a forest which means the soil is full of decomposing, organic matter, compost material that it's got. Good drainage if the area is a little bit wet after a rain for, too long build up a raised mound for it to. GROW on i would get. A product microlife has a number of, different products but they have one called. The acidifier it's a red bag and it's a six, two four and that would be Excellent for. Japanese maple it also helps to slowly lower That pH but it's a Red Bag microlife acidifier six. Two four it's not a salt. Based fertilizer you're not gonna burn the roots if you over, applied it but you just put it down regular on a. Regular basis provide a little extra boost to get that. Thing growing they like to be in morning sun and in late day shade here and our and, our climate the sun in summer is just, too brutal and so giving them a little late day shade will. Help you I've got i've got them on my balcony of.
Speaker 2: My porch, so, Okay okay i'm just nervous because because that sun just starts beaming in at, the end, you Know will i'm nervous, as well, but, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah well, you know it's it's. All right just just make sure and keep the. Soil moist in. A container it's harder, to, do uh and so you kind of have to feel your way. Through IT and i almost mean literally feel. Your way i'll take a little trowel and kind of go down in the soil and feel the soil about three or four, inches deep and you can tell when, it's moist and you, kind of, you know depending on the type of soil, you have the size of, the plant the size of. The pot, YOU know i can't tell you got a water every day or every other day. Or twice an airway you're just gonna have. To lift you have to figure that one out based on like all the spawn like three. Knuckles down yeah, you, know yeah yeah. You don't. You don't, japanese maple you don't want them to, dry out because what's gonna happen if they drive a. Little bit the tips of your leaves are gonna. Turn brown and that's. Not pretty but that's not that's not the end of. The plant but if you let it, go further then you end up losing more and more of the leaf and then and. They struggle so don't ever let it, get dry but don't don't keep. It soggy it didn't want to be in, a swamp but it doesn't want to. Be dry so that that's. The, Trick, uh terry real good, analogy.
Speaker 2: Man, real good real good, analogy man understand that fully man?
Speaker 11: And man, all right?
Speaker 1: Have, fun man what about? One Time though japanese maples it's a. Hearty species. THEY'RE hardy i mean they grow, up north they grow In, the MIDWEST but i, would uh in, the container the roots are exposed to more cold than they would be in the. Ground, Normally uh and so that will be the. ONLY thing, i mean if we're gonna get down super. SUPER cold i don't know you could you know how we did the you were saying you did the shining the light down on your. Leopard plant you could provide just something to give it a little bit. Of warmth. You know there's cables that you put around that you put around your pipes and you plug them in and they don't, get hot but they just war them a little bit and then put a big blanket around it. Or something that probably. Be enough we're not not far enough south to Worry about japanese. Maple rhyth got? It, excellent, Hey. THANKS scott I think i'm Hitting To Kingwood. Garden senate i'm Looking for bogan.
Speaker 2: VA man i just gotta have just.
Speaker 1: Some, beauty oh they, got them they. Got them if, you listen where? Are you oh you're You're. In pirlandland I'm. In, plant okay you're gonna make a trip off, then, yeah yeah Check out kingwood and Check Out Warren southern gardens when you. THERE too I Saw Warren southern gardens a post they put on social media the other day and they had dad bog and vas all over. The place, All, right george, hey man thanks, So. Much scott, all right you take care, all right. Bye bye if you've got metal furniture, for outdoors, you know the, PATIO furniture i don't care what kind. It is, you know it could, be aluminum it could be, cast iron it could be, wrought iron whatever kind of. Metal Furniture Houston powder coders will make. It NEW and i, MEAN that i mean better than. Painting it don't even think about trying to. Paint it take It To Houston. Powder coders let them do what. They do and if it's in, bad shape maybe it needs a little welding touch up here. And there maybe it needs you replace that old rusty hardware with some stainless. Steel hardware maybe the plastic feet or, you know or. End caps if it's a tubular kind. Of furniture the. Redo everything they do everything you need, to do even even putting, new weaving new, sling fabric you know those vinyl straps and things that are part. Of that they can take care all of that kind of Thing At Houston. Powder cooders and just go to the website and see. The work Houston powder cooders, Dot Com houston powdercoaters. Dot com. They're amazing if you want to get, an estimate take a picture. Of it take a, good picture show them what. You want send it to sales by email Sales At, houston cooders not powder in, This Case houston cooders Sales at houstoncoders. Dot com there could be a quote quote they'll pick it up and they'll deliver it when. They're done if you're in The greater, houston area really. Cool place we're going to go Now to Hurta In. Spring, Brands, Hello hurta welcome To. Garden, line well.
Speaker 20: Thank you my question is about a foxtail firm in the three. Gallon POT but i think they're. Fire. ANTS nah i took a stick and, poked around and of course they. Scurry around HOW can i kill out? That ant hell without? Hurting them.
Speaker 5: You, can't.
Speaker 1: Well you got a couple. Of options you could dust the surface or drench the surface with the, regular insecticide, you know just mix it in water and drench it. Through there that's. One option another option would be to put some fire ant bait. Around it but don't just dump it in. The pot sprinkle it around because those ants in, the pot if they're, fire ants they're rummaging out around. The area they're not just in. The pot they're going out and finding food to, bring back and so the bait would bait would. ALSO work a bait would, be. Slower though if you want, it fast you just need to get something that you put on the surface and drench it right in and it'll kill them if they're. Fire ants if you're not sure if they're, fire ants if you have a neighbor you, don't like have them stick their hand down in there and ask her if it hurts, or not and if if they say, it hurts.
Speaker 20: They're firing, come, ON now.
Speaker 1: I heard i was thinking about you the. OTHER day I find i was thinking about you. THAT day i was wondering how. YOU'RE doing i hadn't heard from you in. A while so it's good to hear.
Speaker 20: From, you well, thank you you take care.
Speaker 5: All, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah well maybe that's a, little unorthodox, But hey i'm. Just saying enchanted gardens out There In richmond rosenberg is one of those destination, garden centers and it's one that you got to go see to believe it because. It is it is. SO cool, i mean it sprawls out all. Over creation you get out, of it get in the parking lot and walk out, toward it and, it's like oh, my gosh WHERE do? I begin start anywhere. You want you can start in the, annual color you can start in. The vegetables you can start maybe you want some hot summer tropical kind of look things. Like bougainvillia they got a bunch of them in all whole bunch, of them including some beautiful ones that. Are braided there's like three plants that are, braided together and up at the top is this little ball of flowers and foliage And every oh, they're gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous if you, need vegetables if you, need herbs if you. Need houseplants do you have? Shade areas how about one of the kalladiums that. They have how about one of the many other kinds of plants that really thrive in. The shade they've got them all there in intended Gardens. In richmond i'm just looking the. Other day they still Have those chinese. Fringe trees that's my favorite spring bloom. And tree it doesn't get, too big so it's kind of fits, our modern smaller sized lots than they used to be back in. The day billows of shaggy white blooms that. ARE fragrant, i mean what more can you want from a tree? Than That Enchanted gardens richmond. Dot com while, you're there the, brown stuff, they know brown stuff before. Green stuff so where what do you? Find there where do you find Products From nature's way and erlom. Soy as you find fertilizers for microlife and Nitrofoss and nelson plant food and medina everything you need. For success Monday through saturday eight, To five sunday ten. To Four enchanted gardensrichmond. Dot com you need to go check. Them out we're going to go Now to cyprus and Talk. To, Terry, hello terry Welcome To. Garden, mornings, yeah well thank you very much To say i've got.
Speaker 16: A problem LAST year i planted some tomatoes and a raised, bed GARDEN and i neglected them real, big time and they got, real big and then all of A sudden i got some, tomatoes also but all of a sudden they began to mad up in such a such a WAY that i think it was the fungus or something just kind of took over the, whole bed, and okay tomatoes started dying. And EVERYTHING so i just gave up on, the bed and of course it got HOT and i didn't want food.
Speaker 1: With it so fast forward.
Speaker 16: Till TODAY finally i pulled out and cleaned off the bed, last YEAR but i didn't put any type of insecticide or anything, down to, you know stop. The PROBLEM so i wanted cucumbers out there. This year and the cucumbers say all came up about an inch or. Two high as a matter, of fact they're up about foot, high now but they're starting to, die off and they're it's Like and i've got about seven eight heels, of them and, they're, all.
Speaker 1: Okay hey. For us i'm sorry to. Interrupt you i've got less than thirty, seconds HERE but i can hold you till. After break is there any chance you could send me some photos of what you're seeing On those i'm going to put you. On hold If you i'm going to put you on hold and, my producer my producer will pick it up and give it. To you you just, hang on uh and we'll be, RIGHT back, I, Said terry I'll be i'll be right back, with you, all. Right, FOLKS sorry i have to run. All right, Welcome back welcome back To. The guardenline good to hit you.
Speaker 5: With us.
Speaker 1: Let's, see here where are we we are Talking with, let's uh let me, check Here right forrest in. The galleria we were in the middle of, THAT one. I, Believe, hey forrest welcome back to. Garden. Line, Hey.
Speaker 6: THANKS skip i wasn't going to call you, about this but now This morning i've decided to. Call uh after that, COLD spell i noticed my cucumber leaves were turning kind of, a white, glossy LOOK and i thought it was due to that. Cold spell but they continue to have this issue and they turn kind, of white and then, you know they start kind of shriveling up on, the edges, AND yeah i can't TELL if i have a fungus.
Speaker 16: Or, Disease.
Speaker 1: Yeah i've seen that on cucumbers this year and on some other, Plants too and it is? It often is it worse in between the veins that the thinner areas in between the veins of the leaf or have you noticed. A, Difference.
Speaker 6: Well i'm literally outside here looking at them while, We're talking, so, Okay okay i'll just walk back over here and take. A look i took some PICTURES that i was going to send over, to you but just give me two.
Speaker 1: Seconds, here yeah, That's okay and we may we may need to take a look at the pictures and see it's going to be one or. Two things either it's got a little cold on and they got a. LITTLE unhappy i don't think, that's it but. It's possible and then there's also the possibility of some nutrient issues that could be.
Speaker 6: Going, on Yeah so i'm looking. At, Them finally i'm looking at them. Right now and it's not really between. The veins it's it's like the it's like a, white issue, you know taking over the leaf and, it's okay then it kind.
Speaker 11: Of shrivels does It have.
Speaker 1: Does it have, a soft, almost velvety powdery look?
Speaker 5: To, IT.
Speaker 1: Yes i THINK you're i think that's. Powdery mildew then that's a fungus and. Uh it the bungle puts white strands all over the surface of the leaf that are so tiny you don't see. The strand you just see. This white it looks like, a soft uh kind. Of covering you can do a couple. Of Things, number one when it's moderate temperatures like, we're having and when there's humidity like we've had with rains and things that. Came through powdery mild is. Especially bad you can in some cases it and there's the weather, gets better it grows out. Of it but you may want to go ahead. And spray now there's there's a number. Of options there are synthetic fungicides that will kill pottery mildew if you want to do it in, unorganic way if you can get nim oil nim. Oil not there's two forms. Of name one the INGREDIENT says Asa directin aza uh and the other one the ingredient says. Nim oil and you want the, oil form so go wherever you shop and ask for, neme oil follow. The label spray the foliage and especially The new you don't cure. Powdery mildew you prevent. It spread so the new growth that hadn't gotten it yet is definitely what also needs to.
Speaker 5: Be.
Speaker 1: Sprayed uh and you're gonna have to do that on about a weekly basis for a little while to get ahead of.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 6: Problem OKAY so i can use a standards the fungicide mixed up in a. Spray CONTAINER so i have a furtilow liquid systemic FUNGICIDE that i have.
Speaker 1: Some, Already, okay, well uh you know off the top of. MY head i don't know the ingredient in. That one but let's see liquid. Systemic fungicide, you said that's probably it's, probably Propaconazole but i'm not sure on.
Speaker 4: That, one yeah that's exactly what?
Speaker 11: Right now oh?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 1: It okay. Good guess so look at the label and it'll tell you what it's, labeled for the, specific ingredient the specific diseases and things that that it's going to be. Effective against and just see if the powdery mildew is. On, THERE again i don't have, every, Product lie i'm just. LOOKING here i pulled up something. Real, quick yeah that powdery mildew is on. THE label i don't know if vegetables are on, the label but if, they are, then yes it.
Speaker 6: WOULD work i also have.
Speaker 1: JUST check.
Speaker 6: I also have a bottle Of This captain jack's n, em oil which is?
Speaker 1: That'll, work yeah, either way that'll work. Either. Way yeah just make sure that fertilough is labeled. For vegetables i'm not sure, it is and so don't use it if it's. Not labeled, all right, all, right perfect thank, you sir, all right, you bet thanks for. The call appreciate that you. Take care that is the way that. Things go you gotta read, the label got to follow, the. Label. FOLKS piercecapes i was Talking with jason just the other Day At. Pierce caapes they are our preferred landscaper Here On, garden line been around since nineteen. Eighty eight if you're looking to turn your landscape into, Something special peerscapes can. DO it i mean they they do All the they can do everything from the huge job like build a landscape, from scratch to renovate, this area renovate, that area TO hey i just need the irrigation, work DONE or i just need to do. Landscape lighting but they also have the, quarterly SERVICE and i want to tell you. About that this is a really good way. To go once a quarter they, come out they look at, your property they look at, Your beds they spruce, Them up they add, New molts they get any weeds out of there that may. Be there if the, flowers need, you know. Replacing it that's part of the package you sign up for. With them they can, do that checking your, irrigation system making, it works or punishing, the malts all the things you need to spruce up. Your beds about a requarter and that goes a long way to year. Round beauty now you can Go to piercescapes dot com find out more. About them that's THAT'S what i recommend you do because the website has. It all or you can just give them. A call two eight one three seven oh fifty sixty two eight one three seven oh five zero. Six zero we're going to now go. To northwest you send Talk. To, Diana, hello diana welcome To. Garden, line.
Speaker 10: Oh, Good morning thank you for taking.
Speaker 3: THE call i have.
Speaker 21: A question i have had an ongoing problem with my, front yard particularly.
Speaker 10: One side of it is just inundated with, dollar WEEDS and i can get rid.
Speaker 1: Of, them okay, All right so you have a. Few options there's different ways. To go first, of all the first thing is wherever the yard, stays wet dollar weed becomes a. Significant ope you got to turn the radio off.
Speaker 5: For me.
Speaker 22: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Is? That better there? You, Go yeah so if you can dry out the area a, little bit that helps. A lot when an area stays wet due to being low or we get a lot, of rain or you water, a lot dollar weed just, goes nuts and so help yourself by letting it dry out a little bit more a way less than dollar. Weed wants your grass is going to do. Just fine so that's, one second is just. Treating it and you can treat it with a couple of. Different options if you have a product that is one of those covers multiple broad, leaf weeds, you know. Combination products trimec is one that's commonly recommended that. Will work you just want to be real careful and watch the temperature because once we're up in the upper eighties, and above you can Damage Your saint augustine with. That spray so spray in the mornings and get that do your battles with it before we get into summertime and you just don't have the temperatures just way out of whack from being able to. Control it But the trimec type products Or, also celsius is a product that will work anything, you do though you're probably gonna have to redo a little bit later because usually one shot doesn't take care of.
Speaker 21: It, All, okay well the PROBLEM is i haven't had my sprinkler on because, YOU know i was told the, Same THING so i haven't had my.
Speaker 1: Sprinkler on and it's only one side of.
Speaker 10: My yard but it is in front of a front it is by a front.
Speaker 11: Power BED so I could i have a.
Speaker 21: Sprinkler problem i've had the sprinkler people in HERE and.
Speaker 1: I asked them.
Speaker 21: To check they don't see it, at LEAST so i don't know where.
Speaker 6: To, GO yeah i.
Speaker 1: DON'T know, i mean it could be a lot. Of things the soil could be a, little different it could be a little. BIT lower, i mean It just i'm just saying that dollar weed, loves wet and so. It does it doesn't mean it can't grow and and not, so wet but it's worse than the wet and so anything you do that drives. It out and only a sprinkler service that knows what they're doing can help you with that one when they're. On side, but yeah and, then yeah the celsius is like the temperature and it comes in. Little packs it makes. A gallon it's, not cheap but. It works follow the label carefully when you. Use it put, a, spreader sticker something that helps the spray to not roll off those waxy dollar. Weed leaves. That's important and the other type of product is a Product. Like trimac now you're In, northwest houston you've got Some good ace hardware stores up in. Your area you've got some good garden centers up in your area that are going to carry the products they can.
Speaker 5: Do that.
Speaker 1: About what area Of northwest housteron are? YOU in i got about. Ten seconds plants for, All, seasons okay plans for all seasons will carry the spreader stickers and the products you need to. Control it just go on Talk to sherry and she'll get you. Set, Up, hey diane thanks for. THE cast i got. A run when we, come, Back folks i'll Join In lake Conro and Trisha. In liverpool you'll be. First up, all right. We're back, Welcome back. Reguardline folks good to have you. WITH us a lot of things to talk about and a lot of people. Talk to as a matter, of fact here nitrofas superturf is nitrofoss is slow release fertilizer four lawns in summer in. Our area this is designed exactly in the ratios that nutrients are taken up by the turf plant and it feeds for. Sixteen weeks that's, four. Months folks you put it. Down now the next fertilization you're going to do is basically your. Fall fertilization that's pretty much what amounts to if you're returning. Your clippings in, the process you're gonna find naitrofas superturf at places LIKE the D and d Out in tomball that we were just, talking About A fisher Hardware on broadway Down in Laporte And fisher HARDWARE on fm thirty one eighty In mont bellevue. For sure another place that you're going to find a lot of quality products like nitrofoss Is a. Buchanan's plants they carry they carry, nitro fuss they carry, micro life they, carry nils some, plant food They're carrying, nature's way they carry. HEIRLOOM soils i mean, all again a good garden center nose brown stuff before. Green stuff and so when you walk out, of there don't take a plant Home From Buchanan's native plants without taking home the stuff you need for that plant to do. Its, best now when you Go to, buchanans FIRST and i want you to go to The website buchanansplants. Dot com just. That's you that's your preparation for your. Shopping, Trip okay buchanansplants. Dot com sign up for the newsletter look at what's. Going on there always always quality plants of every type you can imagine in. Every situation you walk in and you talk to one of their trained staff about what. You're needing, you know throw them, a CURB say i WANT and i want a plant for hummingbirds to bring. Them IN and i needed to be NATIVE and i needed to be, a vine and, They'll, go okay here, you go here's what. You, Need OKAY now i need something for, the SHADE and i want bright COLOR and i want it to be colorful. All summer, all right here. We go they know how to help your landscape become, this success the beauty that you're looking at looking for it. To be and that includes your home too. With Houseplants bukinis plants has tons of, beautiful houseplants really really big large house plan area with everything from tropical foliage to succulents and strings of you. Name it, of course they got herbs and they have fruit trees and they have vegetables, as well whatever. You Need eleventh street In, The Heights East eleventh street In. The Heights Buchanans native Plants. Dot com buchanans Plants. Dot com let's head Out. To liverpool now we're going to Talk. To, Trish, hey trish welcome To. Garden, line well.
Speaker 21: Good morning i'm happy. Green beans THE leaves i first noticed where it was like a translucent white spot, On THEM so i know it's not powdery Mildew because i'm familiar, with, That, right yeah.
Speaker 1: It's we had we had some cold snaps and just something in the weather lately has done that to several different of our vegetables in the. Vegetable garden i've. Seen, it it's, you know an. ORNAMENTAL too i don't think it's a thing to be. Concerned about there's a possibility that it could. Be bacterial bacteria tend to kind of work in between, the veins so the spots look angular rather. Than round but there's no need to spray anything. On it the beans will, be fine just if you can avoid. Overhead irrigation in the case that it is, a vecteria avoid the. Overhead IRRIGATION and i think they're going to. OUTGROW it i think they should be.
Speaker 21: Just FINE can i the leaves that are, showing THAT can i just clip those off.
Speaker 9: And?
Speaker 11: Bag then.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: YOU could, i, mean yeah but you know it's already going to be all over the. PLACE anyway, i mean bacteria splash around and so it's not it's not like you're getting all the bacteria out of there when you. Do THAT so i would just avoid the. Overhead sprinkling you can't, control rain but you can. Control irrigation, so.
Speaker 22: Right, Right, okay well thank you very much for.
Speaker 1: Your time You bet thanks for. The cultures remember the roll on guard line is that was. Free advice but you do have to bring me half the green means when you when, you harvest.
Speaker 4: YOU betuality i think.
Speaker 1: This year, all, right well well we'll do. It trade thanks, a, LOT man i. Appreciate it there. You go uh, you know when it comes, to soil if you were looking for you know where these things people talk about like rose soil and people talk about leaf mole compost. And stuff where did that? Even begin well they Began At Nature's way resources Up in. Conro direction if YOU go i forty five north right where fourteen eighty eight comes in from. The left if you're, going north turn right across the. Railroad Tracks That's nature's way right There On. Srbrook Circle Nature's way Resources dot com is a. New website they did a major revamp and it's. Very helpful when you, go there you're going to find all kinds of products that work and that were built in a quality way so that they do. Work right they don't rush, things through they make them the. Right Way At Nature's way resources now you can order. Bulk delivery you can go pick, up bulk you can pick. Up bags you can find bags in many local retail outlets here In The greater. Houston, area Remember every Friday Is. Fungal Friday, every friday fungal based composts are on sale ten percent, off bags twenty percent. Off bulk you are not going to find a high quality product at that kind. Of price it's the Fungle Based Fungal Friday's Fungal Composts Nature's way Resources. Dot com let's it. Out delay now we're going to Talk to. Joe, n Hey, Joe enne Welcome. To, gardenline oh.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 22: Good morning i'm kind of a lazy person when it comes, to PLANTING and i have a. Brown thumb, Of course i'm WONDERING after i kill, the weeds, you know they, don't disappear they, Don't leave they're still sitting there on.
Speaker 4: The ground they're.
Speaker 5: Just.
Speaker 22: Wilted OKAY can i put a large amount of mulch on top of these WEEDS wherever i want, to plant and then a good amount of soil and put my seeds or my cuttings, in that OR do i really have to dig it?
Speaker 5: All up.
Speaker 1: The Fast. Answers yes the more in depth answer is it kind of depends on what the. Weeds, Are now like let's say this Was oh bermuda grass and you chopped off some runners and they were, Laying there they're just going to root and take. Off again but if it's little annual weeds that you just kind of hod off off the surface of, the ground you can just cover. THEM up i used to have a back in the day when everybody took the newspaper and we have those piled up.
Speaker 16: Laying.
Speaker 1: AROUND yeah i would have, little weeds little tiny WEEDS that i either had chopped or just left there and put four to six sheets of newspaper right on top of the weed and then cover it with.
Speaker 4: Pretty.
Speaker 1: Much, yeah yeah. It was my Point is my POINT is i didn't even chop the. WEEDS off i just, smothered them, cover them blocked the light and, they well they couldn't get light and. They die, so yes you can, do that but if they have seeds, on them if they have, seed heads now it would be better to get them out, of there to get all those extra seeds out and save you some work in.
Speaker 22: The, Future right how DEEP if i do, the mulch how deep should the mulch BE before i put the soil?
Speaker 1: On, Top, no no don't put mulch. Under soil just just go ahead and cover them with soil and and then do your planting and molt around. The planting so it would probably it WOULD take i would say three three inches or so of soil if you're putting it.
Speaker 22: On top, You know i'm just in the nursery in one of the big box stores and they were bringing in truckloads, of plants and the fella told me planting in my water tank to put up to, put molch a lot of mulch and then dirt. On top and, you're saying, NOT too.
Speaker 1: I am and that's a prime REASON why i highly recommend an independent garden center rather than a big box store. For advice, for, Sure MA'AM no, i mess.
Speaker 13: Could you?
Speaker 1: Could you it's not going to kill your plants to. Do it but nature doesn't.
Speaker 6: Do that think.
Speaker 1: About nature nature has, soil around and nature drops leaves on the soil and rots the leaves as more. Leaves accumulate that's how nature does it. Top down uh and so, Uh yeah but just, in general you kind of you kind of touched the nerve for me on the big. BOX thing i could toast.
Speaker 22: Tree stumps, so FORTH but i can use mossuch AROUND places i don't want to. Plant, anything.
Speaker 1: Yes. That's it you, got it?
Speaker 5: All right good luck.
Speaker 1: With, THAT hey i gotta run, You bet thanks. Very much appreciate your call. Very Much. Uh Hey jungle land is a quality Product. From Nitrofoss jungle land is a soil That's both there's an outdoor version for flowers. And vegetables there's an indoor version for with water saving crystals. In it for the, outdoor version it, drains well but it holds moisture and it holds nutrients. Well too put it in a container with good. Drainage Holes jungle Land. From nitrofoss you're gonna find IT at M And, d beamer which Is On. Sage mont you're gonna FIND it m D clear lake Down On Bay area boulevard in The clear. Lake area. Good products, they remember it's all about, the soil even if it's in. A container, All right i'm gonna BE At rcw nurseries today from twelve. To two when this show's, Over with i'll in the head that direction and we're gonna be giving away lots of. Cool products i've got some tree stabilizers to. Give away i've got some Products from microlife as well to. Give away we've got a lot of. Cool things rcw's got some stuff, as well and they're gonna have a, BARBECUE sandwich i believe for, you there as well as some drinks so you don't even have to. Eat lunch just come, on buy bring me, your samples bring me your plants. For identification let's have some fun TODAY at rcw twelve. To, two hey welcome back To. Guard line wan to have you with us. This morning got a lot of things to be. Talking, ABOUT well i got another hour here On. Guarden line IF you i like to give us call seven one three two one two K. T rh i'm HEADING To rcw nurseries after the. Show today i'll be there from noon to two noon. To two, come out get your barbecue sandwich in, your hands and we'll visit about whatever you are. INTERESTED in i always like to have the face to face time with folks because on, the air, YOU know i have to keep. Moving things but when we get eye to eye we can we can talk and look at samples and you're welcome to fill up some plastic bags with things to identify or diagnose or whatever. You need bring me some pictures on your phone of the landscape and some questions you.
Speaker 7: Might.
Speaker 1: Have Uh super Turf from nitroposs is a quality product that is. Slow release AND when i say, SLOW release i mean. Slow release it'll gradually feed your lawn over four months or, For, month yeah, four months, sixteen weeks that's a. Long time, in fact you Put super turf down now and if you're, returning clippings you read don't need fertilize again until we get into the. FALL season i mean it literally is going to continue to provide everything THAT you're vn needs in. The meantime now you're going to Find super turf at Places like plants and Things, in brenham and you go Out To fisher's Hardware. In baytown they carry night foss products out there and Also in Clute At lake hardware and Clude On. Dixie drive you're going to find nitro. Frost products easy to. Find them let's Go To. Southwest houston now we're going to Talk. To, David, hey david welcome To. Garden line. Good morning got a couple of questionings.
Speaker 4: For you.
Speaker 11: The first One is i've got in.
Speaker 23: MY backyard i have two big gardens at the each one is about thirty feet by twelve feet on the on either side of the of, the Yard and i've got EVERY year i got these little baby trees at the. OAK trees i guess that the birds ring over, and yeah, you know over The and i'll i'll try to pull, them OUT but i always missed, the roots AND so i just keep snipping, him down slipping down and sticking. Him, down well this year, it's incredible like and so. And everything nothing died last Year like i've never had IT where i do all, night Plants and. I'm excited but like all my poories that, always died they all. Came back all my all my milky that, always died they all. Came back plus the plants that normally come, back anyhow and in between all, of them here's this six inch tall little baby oak that's GROWING and I can't i can't dig. Them out they're too they're too deep because they've several of them been there. For, years now WHAT can?
Speaker 1: I do so here's what. You do get you there's a first, of all have you have you been to My website Gardening with Skip. Dot, Com no.
Speaker 5: I'm not a.
Speaker 1: Web, person, okay well, All right, well anyway on The website Gardening with Skip, dot com there is a Publication Called Woody Weeds Controlling woody weeds In. The landscape and that's what you got there is. Woody, weed uh there's a there's an ingredient called triclop here T r i C l o P. Y, r now triclo peer is not something you want to get all over your lawn or in certainly, desirable plants but you can put it on a, weed WIPER and i show you how to make one there on on, the website there's also A Weed. Wipeer republic it's so easy to. MAKE it i mean it's not you don't even have to have tools really to. Make it but is used. Triclop, here huh and on the on The Publication Controlling, woody weeds it tells you the names of brands Of tricle peer to look for when you. Go, shopping uh and then you just. Look fertilizing they're going to have all the brands on. The list. It's, southwest yeah. They will, and also by, The way bob's got the little grabber tool that you need to make the. Weed wiper he's got them on the wall there by the tools. That southwest so get your weed wiper. Tool there all you need to add after that is some sponges AND then i use canning jar lids anything flat to hold. The sponge look at the publication they'll tell you how to.
Speaker 6: Do.
Speaker 1: It, okay anyway you put the trackle pair right there on, those sponges and you can walk through your yard without. Stooping over and you, reach down squeeze the handle and the sponges come together and wipe that trackle pair right on the leaf and you can wipe it on the stem and the leaf of those little seedlings coming up and. It'll, work now if you've got something maybe that's the size of like your little finger, or bigger it actually has a trunk. On IT then i would cut it off and dab the tracle paer right on the fresh, cut surface, right away not two, hours later, right away and that'll control any woody weed from poison ivy to, oak seedlings to pepperbne or whatever's.
Speaker 23: Coming up ben this a long ti, Years, Ago okay so the. Last QUESTION so i my my backyard, is MINE and i do all days for. My butterflies my my front yard is, my, Wife's okay and she grass and.
Speaker 1: She goes she has she has.
Speaker 23: A big round garden that she does where she uses annuals because it's more sense of, that way, of course but it's. All Grass and i'm always proud of myself on the GRASS because i Use Her sweet green organic fertilizer and then everything is.
Speaker 4: Always.
Speaker 23: Great well, this year for the first, time ever we're getting those little grass things with with with a stickers. ON them i think they call it spear grass. Or something i've never had. IT before i always think when people have that means they don't take good care of. The Yard and i've never put anything for a reason my yard because we know everything. Goes away but, This thing i'm SCARED do i have to do something in terms.
Speaker 1: Of if it's. The weed if it's, THE weed i think you're talking about the spear grass it sticks up above, your, lawn, right, yes yes instead of, those times so again yeah again the. Weed wiper and and there's a publication also on. My website publication on, my website and it is herbicides to use with the weed wiper and go down the list of the grassy weeds and it'll tell you the names of the products that. Kill grass and you put it on the. Weed wiper and again you walk through the lawn and you're just your arms just kind of hanging down by your side as you. Squeeze it you're not having to stoop. Or bend you're just wiping it, on anything sticking its face up above Your Your saint augustine lawn and and killing it. That way that's that's another option. For you what's this called? Grappy? Weeds, what sorry a? Grabber tool you mean.
Speaker 5: The?
Speaker 1: Weed wiper not to, use that but what kind of?
Speaker 23: Weed before on, the, website?
Speaker 1: Oh, grassy well on the way on the publication it says herbicides to Use on. Skip's weeedwiver and it's like there's a certain herbicide you use for your. Woody weeds there's a certain herbicide you use for noth's a certain one you use for. Broad leave this. Is, grass okay, ALL right i cannot thank. You enough i'm. Going there good luck. With that, good day, all right, Take care say Hey to bob. For me, All right, Bye bye let's see WHERE we i gotta take a. Little break. GOOD night i went a little, Bit. Long donna you're first up when we. Come back, all right, Welcome back welcome back to the. Guard, Line hey i've got a great idea for this this beautiful weekend that we got. Going here if you've never Been By Arbigate, garden center you ought to check that place out it first, OF all i don't know how you avoided it up to, this LONG because i mean everybody in Town knows arbrogate is like a destination gotta, go to gotta see. Garden center when you Go, into arbrogate you're going to get folks that, greet you that, help you that. Take time if you need some help like putting together maybe a multiplant container planting you want, to do or if you're just looking for a shrub that would be good for filling. The blank they'll walk you, over there they'll talk, to you they'll they'll, show you they'll, give you they take time. With you it's the, bottom line and they know what they're. Talking about good advice is just. So important somebody called earlier about asking a question at a big box store, And listen i'm not going to go into my gripe session on. That now, but anyway bottom line is people at an independent garden Center, like arborgate they they, garden here they, live here they know, their stuff and that is. So important now when you, Go in first, of all it's gonna. Be fun you need to take your friends because it is like going to A little i don't know what a botanical garden in, a sense and then all the plants, are there and yet at the same time blame everywhere for. Your garden it's just a fun place to walk, through, products, pots containers you. Name it everything you'd want Is at arburgate and a YEAR round i mean they're always. Keeping things, for example fruit trees they have the year, round there so whenever you want to, get one you can go by there and. Get, it now when it comes, to color you're not gonna find a. Better place if you're looking for a, pollinator garden you want to build something for bees, or pollinators or maybe just, maybe butterflies or maybe to. Attract hummingbirds they've. Got it if you want art in, your GARDEN as, i said they got. The bling come on check. It out their rose selection. Is awesome but. Remember this when you Go to arbrogate number one park in the back You Take. Treshel road it's a loop that goes Around to arburgate behind it in. The back go in that, parking lot, super safe, super easy, easy access. All weather. Number two pick up the Three bags Organic, Food complete Organic, soil complete and organic. Compost complete the organic food complete is for anything with roots and the soil and the compost there what you. WOULD expect a quality soil for, any application a quality compost and both. Those too by, the way those last two have expanded shale, in them which our heavy clay. Soils Need Arbigate garden center is just a mile and a half west of two forty nine on twenty Nine. And tombol you need. TO go i promise you you'll have a. GOOD time i always DO when i go. In there we're going to head, out now and Talk. To Donna, hello donna and welcome To. Garden, line hi.
Speaker 10: Good morning thanks for taking.
Speaker 14: My CALL so i want to PLANT some i want to plant some knockout roses in my front flower bed that gets mostly afternoon.
Speaker 1: Full sun but my soil is very, clay rich very thick. And sticky SO do i need to supplement that with some compost? Different, soil okay Definitely do what part of the area are You In? Mount bellvy we're part of the Listening? My, bellvy OKAY so i it yeah east to use down well up north of you And and porter Is Where airloom soils produces all. Their products but they're sold all over. The place but they have a Product Called rosen. Bloomers soil you can buy it by. THE bag, i mean if you if you're if you're planting a lot of things and you need a lot of bed mix that you can get it. Bulked too but, UH yeah i would put. That down i'd put about maybe three or four inches down and then kind of mix it with the crummy claso. You have you don't have to like bend over and do all. The work just get a spading fork or and just crack the soil open a little so the good stuff falls down into the bad stuff a, little bit kind of created transitions.
Speaker 5: On.
Speaker 1: There uh or if you have, a rototiller you can do it. That way but and then put fresh additional rose blend rose and bloomers blend on top, of it and build that soil up so it. Drains well you got an ice. Raised mound just keep in mind that in time it's going. To settle so if you wanted some thing that was six, inches high you probably ought to build it about ten or twelve inches high to begin with because it's going to settle. Back down, but anyway the roses will thrive in that as long as they have, good sunlight, good drainage inadequate. Soil, moisture, Okay perfect thank you. SO much i appreciate that you bet you and get you while you're out about your get you a good roast. Feed too roses need need plenty of fuel because they put a lot of energy into making, Those blooms so don't don't let them. Go hungry give them a good boost of a good quality fertilizer and you'll have. Good success and then how often do you.
Speaker 11: FERTILIZE those i.
Speaker 1: Would, do IT and i usually do mine in the springtime and then about the time we Get into may or so the rose bloom cycle of spring is kind of waning a, little Bit and i'll cut them back a little and fertilize, them then And then i'll do a sheerback and a fertilization of your knockouts again toward the End of august for a big. Falls SHOW so uh do you just periodically keeping, them fed keeping them, mulched well and occasionally sharing. Them back because roses bloom donna on. New growth they grow bloom at the end. Of shoots so if you have one shoot and you cut, it off you know you'll get like two or three sprouts that come out from where you cut, it, Off right and so what was one bloom stalk now can, be three two or three. Bloom stalks so each time you cut, them back you get more terminals and. More blooms That's why i'll DO the uh early or, late spring early, summer shureback and then late late. Summer, cheerback, okay.
Speaker 10: Great good thank you so much.
Speaker 11: FOR that i appreciate it, All.
Speaker 1: Right donald thank you for. The call appreciate it, all, right folks if you'd like to give us call seven one three two one two k T r h seven one three two and TWO. Ktr, h listen we've got termites flying. AROUND already i was talking to Folks At pest brothers, while back and, you know a couple of different kinds of termites will, attack here actually more than more. Than Two pest brothers understand how. Termites think they understand how, they work and they know how to. Control them they have products that. ARE proven i mean they use a product that has a ten year guarantee because. It lasts you put it in, the soil, it lasts and they don't spray it all over everywhere and drench the. Whole property the little trench goes around the house and it shuts. Them down they can't, get through they can't get past that. Little trench and it's, the newest, highest tech most, high efficiency super. Safety use it works well and shuts. Down, termites now maybe you're dealing them with roaches in, the house or silver fish or some other. Household pests they can take care. Of that maybe it's fiance in. The landscape maybe it's. Wild varmints, you know possums and things through around. At night, Wild rats that's another thing people don't think about. A lot they run around at. Night nocturnal they can deal. With that they know how to deal. With that and maybe MOST interestingly i find as their approach to, mosquito control their mosquito bait buckets are. SUPER cool i did a Post On Facebook gardenline facebook a. While back you have to go find it where we talk about how they set. Them up but they, are very very. Good Now. Pest bros covers a. Wide area if you, live, east, west north, or south they've got. You covered i'm talking About From texas city south all the way up To the woodlands up, forty Five from baytown on the, east side all the way across Ten. To katie they cover a. Wide area the pest brosbros dot com dpestbros dot com two eight one two oh six forty six seventy that's two eight one two zero six four to six. Seven zero.
Speaker 16: They know.
Speaker 1: Their stuff visiting with some of the folks the mosquito bait bucket system up at my House and i'm just excited about it because the way, it works it's. Really cool anyway you have to ask them, about that telling me you heard about It. On Guardline, microlife, fertilizers well first, of all there's sixty four is a number one selling organic fertilizer In the. Houston market it is a. Quality product been around a very. LONG time i guess over thirty five. Years now microlife products have been around on. The market they have some liquid PRODUCTS that i would like to recommend. To you one of them Is the biomatrix organic labels seven to one To Three. Microlife's biomatrix it's an. Organic bottle they come in quartz, and gallons by. The way primarily the seven one three is a good boost. IN nitrogen i use it, on houseplants but you can use it on any PLANT when i want to give a boost. TO nitrogen i watered planning the other day With Some microlife biomatrix just to get a little extra boost and nitrogen to get some growth going on. That thing it's also good as a folio, or two by. The way And Then ocean harvest is our. Blue label it's a four to two three four to Two Three ocean harvests. BLUE label i use. It outdoors it's a fish. Based fertilizers it has a little bit of that fish, smelling IT don't i don't do that in. MY house i Use the. Biometrix indoors but, it works it. Doesn't burn they're not, salt based they're, not expensive and they really do help your, plants survive especially with our brutal summer season. Coming along let's go now out To wood forest and we're going to Talk. To Lorraine, Hello lorraine, Good.
Speaker 24: MORNING skip i have. A problem we moved here about two years ago and we have a large yard that's about three thousand square feet of. Crushed granite half the yard is crushed granite and half of it is mulched with native plants like pines and mountain Morals and american beauty in. THAT area i keep it MOST but i have weeds coming up all over my. Crush Grantite and i've been treating it with vinegar, and soap and that's been sometimes baking.
Speaker 11: Soda and all of that's. Been successful but we.
Speaker 24: Were away for on vacation for a couple of weeks and came back and the weeds, are EVERYWHERE and I know i have to put down, a BARRIER but i don't know how to get.
Speaker 11: All weeds gone FIRST before i can put the.
Speaker 1: Barrier, In yeah i'm not a big barrier, fan myself but.
Speaker 19: A good.
Speaker 1: Thus grant it helps with the weed seeds not getting light that are down at, the bottom but they do find their way in and come back the vinegar and soap or top. Burn products so if it's a little annual seedling coming up annual, weed seedling' it'll. Fry them. It works but if it's, a perennial it just burns the top and then the base sends up. More growth and so if you're dealing, with perennials you're probably going to have to go to more of a systemic something that moves down in and kills the. Whole, plant now if you pulled all the granite out and put down a thick weed cloth and then put granite, on it that would block a. Perennial out it's a lot. Of Work and i'm telling you this my experience with the weed cloths is, over time with dust and stuff settling, on them weed, seeds land they root down and then you just just have a. Mess Again so i'm not wheat cloth is not a panacea, for sure but those would be. Your options, you know if, it's, annuals yes fry. The top if, it's perennials you're gonna have to have something translocate down to kill the. Whole wet is.
Speaker 24: There SOMETHING else i can use to kill all the wheats besides vinegar?
Speaker 1: And, soap, WELL yeah i mean vinegar and soap are considered in the organic arsenal of products and they work well. For that there are products that will. Translocate down one is called. Glue Phoscinate and I'm having i'm against a. Heartbreak here, I'M sorry i have. To stop i'll come right back. To you just hang onto. That, Thought well i'd love to Listen To, jimmy buffett but we're going to jump right back in here and get on THE calls i. Left last let's SEE if i can get my phone to.
Speaker 5: Go.
Speaker 1: Here, Lorraine, hey lorraine we were talking about weeds in the. Crush granite and if you go to my website Gardening with skip, dot com there's a thing herbicides to use with my weed. Wiper on there is a prot. Okay on there's a product that the ingredient is glue poscinate g l U FOS i, n ate glue, fosen eight glue, fascinate okay And Glue, FASCINATE actually i think you know what. IT'S not i have it on the newest Version and i'm. Looking online it's not.
Speaker 3: On.
Speaker 1: There okay, But anyway glyphoscinate's the one. You need and if you just go down the road from a little bit There On, uvaldi road THERE'S An ace hardware There At uvaldi road in, your area just North, of eate they're going to probably have a product with gluphoscinate. IN it i would. Do that if, it doesn't then you would have to switch over to something. Like glyphisate and they used to be a round up on. The market there's not a glaphysinate round up anymore on. The market there are other. Brands though ace has ONE Called Ace concentrated weed And. Grass killer both, of those either of those products would kill whatever weeds are coming up and move down in the roots and kill.
Speaker 11: The, Roots okay SO after i, do THAT can i put down a pre emersion.
Speaker 5: Or is it?
Speaker 11: Too, late.
Speaker 5: No you.
Speaker 1: Still can if there's no pre emergent stops the weed seeds. From, germinating now if the weeds you're dealing with the. Perennial weeds it's not going to kill them because they're not coming from, seed necessarily but if they're if they're coming, from seeds a pre emergent could. Be done now you need to put about a half inch of water third of an inch to a half inch of water on it so that it moves down where the weed seeds are going to be germinating and shuts them. Down there so after you, apply it you have to.
Speaker 11: Water It, do okay LAST year I. Used, preene.
Speaker 1: Okay. That's, THAT yes I would i think you would do better using a barricade on this. Particular thing prene is a pre emergent, weed killer and if you get it out at the, right rate it can do the it. Can work each product has certain weeds that it's. Better on barricade covers a wide variety of grasses and, broad leaves so, you know it's kind of. Like medicines there's no one medicine that, fixes everything but with barricade you got a pretty, wide range and which IS why i suggest. That, one anyway those of, your options and good luck getting. That, back, yes yeah when you're on my when, You're, well yes when you're on. My website look at my lawn. CARE schedules i know this isn't, a lawn but if you look at the lawn pest disease and weed, management SCHEDULE when i tell you to put barricade on, your lawn put it on. The BED when i tell you to do it in the fall on, your lawn put it on. The bed and it's the right because that's when the weeds. Are germinating. That's, it, hey thanks good luck.
Speaker 11: With that thank you so much For, taking michael give it.
Speaker 1: Bye. Bye Yeah ace hardware stores, Like, that EVALDI as i was just. Talking about they got the products that. YOU need i don't care what you're doing if it's weed control or we'd prevention with the pre emergent kind, of product if it's doing with pests and diseases or in, you know insects, and diseases they've got you covered. On that and certainly with. The fertilizers it's big fertilizer season, right now and wide variety of things are available AT Your ace hardware stores and they're all over. The place GO To ace hardwaretexas. Dot Com Ace hardware texas. Dot com that's our garden line group Of local ace hardware stores here in. The area Places Like brenham ace Out, In, brenham Texas Or Lake conro ace up there In the montgomery J And ours ace on thirteen fourteen just on the west Side of porter up there. Another one how about k And M ace hardware Up, In humble Texas Or katie Hardware on pinoak just examples of The many ace hardware stores that we.
Speaker 5: Have here.
Speaker 1: If you're doing anything in terms of potting, up PLANTS and i hope, you are we need to be growing more things. Than containers you may not have room for, a garden but you can grow a garden and. A container but if, you do you need a, large container and you need a good quality soil mix that holds water but dreams well to go. In it and you can grow anything in. A container you grow in the ground. Pretty much and that's true with flowers and herbs and vegetables and. Other things and the Folks at nitrovius distribute something called jungle land and jungle land flour and vegetable planting soil is perfect. For containers, it is and you can find it in a lot. Of places, you Know night fass products or all over. The place if you Go To mont Bellevue To fisher's HARDWARE on fm thirty, one eighty if you go down Maybe To lake hardware Include On dixie driver Or The lake Hardware and Angleton. On velasco those are just examples of places that Carry night. Foss Products The jungle lands a. Quality product and, this year what are you going to grow in? A container what are you going? To grow i'm about to move a brand new lime TREE that i have in. A Container jungle lands perfect. For that anything you want to grow in a container you can do with The. Jungle land let's. See here we are going to go now To pear land and Talk. To Martin, hey martin welcome To.
Speaker 12: Garden line, Good, morning skip thanks for taking. My call i've been listening to your show for years off. And On, Good also i'm A. Native houstonian i've been around this park for a. LONG time a long, Time ago i'm talking about thirty. Years plus used to be able to get a product in bulk called ammoniated, rice holes which are basically rice holes that have been soaking in water outdoors for a. Long time have you ever heard?
Speaker 11: OF those.
Speaker 1: I have not that's that's a new one. On me emmoniated sounds like they've got some nitrogen.
Speaker 5: In.
Speaker 12: Them, yeah well as FAR as, i know they're just basically fermented or. Partially rotted but they're really good for the, garden grass, flower. Beans everything and the Only place i've heard that Happened is cowboy trucking Out. ON britmore i was wondering if you had another source form or, something similar.
Speaker 6: YOU know i.
Speaker 1: Don't know the Only time i've heard about him is used as like an app additive. In foods they're allowed as a certain type of an additive, because they, you know they. TREAT them i don't think they just use they do ammonia, in them but they use, something else. MAYBE phosphorus i don't.
Speaker 5: Know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, uh yeah as far as, A source i can't. Tell you maybe someone listening calls a couple we'll call in and if let's, do THIS if i can put you, on, hold Uh and i'll get your. Email. Address uh and then What what i'll do is if someone calls in with, A source i'll forward that. Onto you how? About THAT and I don't i don't need to. Go online i'm on the air talking about it. With somebody if someone's listening wants, to call just just call. The show talk to, my, producer folks and uh tell them you know where to get ammonia died rice holes and and we'll pass that on To. You martin if if one, calls in, all right you, Take care thanks, a lot appreciate your call. Very much where are we? On time time for me to. Quit talking i'll be right back with. Your calls Melissa In south pike will be coming to. You, first hey welcome back to your, garden. Line folks glad to have you. With us, Steer here glad to have you.
Speaker 5: With.
Speaker 1: Us nothing let's get. Going here if you've listened to, me recently in the last year, OR two i just had been increasingly going on and on about enjoying birds in. THE garden i was out the, OTHER day i was doing some digging. AND planting i found a GRUBWORM and i ran over and put it in this little hopper FEEDER that i got From Wild. Birds unlimited it's a. Recycled material got extra, large roofs so we had that. Rain recently my food didn't get all wet because the roof shed the extra water. Really well put it, in there, and boy the birds flew it. Right up they KNOW when i go over to, that feeder And when i'm in, The Garden i've i've got a robin that just sits on the fence. And Waits Wild birds unlimited is a place for not only great information, on birding but also the feeders and the feed and every kind of supply you. Can imagine, right now we need to be. Feeding Nesting super. Blend's Nesting super blends got the calcium in it that helps support not only the, skeleton development but also. The eggs, you know birds, are nesting they're. Laying eggs, any calcium it's got, everything else high high, protein content it's just rocket fuel for the. Birds Nesting super blend that's the one you need to be getting. Right, now now, YOU know i could talk about all the different products and things and go on. AND on i just want one, more thing and that is it is time to get the hummingbird. Feeders out they're. Already arriving people already, telling, ME yeah i got my first hummingbird the, Other day well get it. OUT there i put my high perch, feeder out which is From Wild. Birds unlimited it is a beautiful little red top feeder, that's flat and the reason it's called high perch is the birds sit on the perch and put their beaks down to feed and you can see all around, the feeder so no birds like blocked by the feeder when you're trying to watch and. Enjoy them it, works well. It's easy it is as a little mode in it keep ants out of the. Sugary Water Wild birds unlimited has quality products like that, for everything and there's six of them In the. Houston area so let's just do. This clockwise if you're up There in Kingwood On, kingwood drive if you're down In clear Lake On El, dorado drive if you're West toward Pearland On Broadway east Broadway, actually street and then let's go Up into houston and the southwest side In bel air go to the west side Over On, memorial drive just side Just outside. Beltway eight or Up, In cypress Texas On. Barker cypress those are your Six Wild. Birds unlimited GO to wbu dot com Forward slash houston and you can see them. For yourself we're going to head now out To believe we're Going to Melissa On South, Park, Place. Hello, melissa.
Speaker 21: Hi skip actually it's the City of southside place.
Speaker 1: Where university, oh, okay okay how can? We, help well.
Speaker 6: We have a fertilizer always left over from the.
Speaker 11: Previous year is that okay?
Speaker 1: To use is your old fertilizer?
Speaker 21: Still, good.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: It is sometimes if it's a salt, based fertilizer it'll if it, gets moist it'll become a rock and it's hard to break up. And use but, in, General yes now we'd, like to especially with, the organics, you know you'd like to go ahead and get them used and not just sit out in an eight hundred degree shed and humidity. All year but if you, got it go ahead and. Spread.
Speaker 21: It okay it's usually nitrofoss so.
Speaker 1: It's, okay yeah, absolutely sure. That's it have a. Great day, all right thank you for. The call appreciate that. Very much. Good question you're talking about products. And things the Folks That Nelson plant food have these jars that are called nutristar and nutristar plumeria and nutri star vegetables and nutri, star ROSES and i want to talk about the nutristar hibiscus and. Flowering tropicals now this isn't a jar and whatever is kind, of tropical whatever, is FLOWERING so, i mean, you know it could be hibiscus of. All kinds it could, Be alphia it could be a holly Afia Like. Rosa sharon it could be a hollyhock Or an exora or tech lots, of mallows just doesn't. Have flowers just use it. On it it works really. Really well you want to just. Supplement it it's got a lot of different kinds of, acidifying sources multiple types in there to ensure a good even nutrient release over time at a good adequate. pH level got high potassium to help. Your plants potassium is a big part of. Drought resistance it's part of water and, nutrient uptake and it also helps with flower quality nutristar hibiscus and. Flowering tropicals oh and while, you're There color Star plus Nelson's color Star Plus Neilson's color star's most popular fertilizer blend that they have sold all over the country, NOW people i talked to a dean the, other DAY somebody i don't know where they had just ordered this shipment of it because they tried it and couldn't believe how well. It works now they want some more. Of, it so but we have. It here it's from here from The greater. Houston Area color star And color star plus has a little fungicide in it to help prevent problems from funguses on. Susceptible plants let's it out To. Southwest houston now we're going to Talk. To, Carolyn Hello, Carolyn.
Speaker 4: Margin my garden catalog has a.
Speaker 10: Hanging flanger there is that tonightos come out to.
Speaker 1: The bottom do you have any opinion?
Speaker 6: On that.
Speaker 1: It's a novelty and. It'll work ONE time i took a five, Gallon, BUCKET carolyn i drilled a hole in, the bottom got me a little tomato transplant and stuck it through there and filled it full of soil and grew tomatoes upside down out of a five. Gallon bucket, so yeah those planters. Will work you gotta water them though. A lot that's not a lot. Of soil when it gets hot and everything that tomato pumps a lot, of water and if it, gets drowny it won't, set fruit. It'll abort and so you gotta if you're going to do the hanging planters or any container, for tomatoes you gotta water enough to keep that soil moist and don't let it.
Speaker 8: Get, Dry okay now it's gonna have full sun all after all day long in clearing.
Speaker 10: The AFTERNOON do i?
Speaker 1: Need, it well, The, tomato no the tomato will. Love That just, i'd say. YOU'RE probably i don't know. How big the ones you saw online are a five. Gallon bucket, of course it's five gallons, of SOIL and i would have to water it every day in the heat. Of summer i'm may have to check it again toward the end of the day and water it again because you don't want it to go. And distress that's the only.
Speaker 14: Dry.
Speaker 1: Back, good plus it. Gives you it gives your neighbors something to. Talk about when you grow tomatoes, upside down, you know they're already talking, about, you right they already talk, About it so we've got to give them something to.
Speaker 5: Talk.
Speaker 4: About right, oh good?
Speaker 25: Thank you, all right you have fun and Bring me, I've Heard i'm I've heard i'm full of but it usually wasn't good ideas at the end of.
Speaker 1: That sentence, but anyway thanks for thanks for.
Speaker 5: The call.
Speaker 1: It's fun you're on, guarden line, all right, all right there. You, GO oh i says THAT if i WONDER if i should, say something the answers always know because by THE time i, START wondering i just crossed the line somewhere back and that may it just happened. Right There Nature's way resources is the place where a lot of our top quality soils and things. Were born it is that's where leapmold compas, came from or rose soil, came from and. So On nature's way is Up. Toward conro you head up forty five when fourteen eighty eight comes in from the left that Goes. To magnolia you, turn right cross the. Railroad tracks right There On shurebooks Circle Is Nature's. Way resources their new website is. Really cool you need to check. It Out Nature's way Resources dot com nine three six two seven three. Twelve hundred whether you're going there to pick it up bulk, or bag whether you're having, them delivered or whether you're purchasing the bags in a, store somewhere you're not going to go wrong with products or made the right way and have been for a very very long Time Since don ferguson started that way, back when AND now A senny in is running the place and the same tradition of quality products and quality service. Continue on this morning. Went fast it just. WENT fast, I man i don't know where. It went but you know what, happens now you and me. Jumping cars i'm going to HEAD To. Rcw. Nurseries uh they're gonna have some barbecue there, for, lunch. Barbecue sandwich come, on out let's, grab one giving away some three sixty, tree stabilizers giving away some Products, from microlife and we get some other products that are to be given away.
Speaker 5: As.
Speaker 1: WELL uh rcw is always a. Fun place they put on a. Good shindig we're gonna have a. Good time when you come. OUT there i want you to look at. The roses oh. They're gorgeous and look AT the i always brag On these. Cajun hibiscus rcw's, got them and oh, my gosh. They're gorgeous IT'S like i didn't know that color could be in. A, hibiscus yep. That's it come on OUT. To rcw they're at the Corner of beltway Eight And Tomball parkway highway two, forty nine twelve to. Two today bring, me photos bring, me samples. Bring yourself let's have. Some fun