Speaker 1: Happy Monday, everybody. It's a world famous been in Skin show. This segment's brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen and it's located in Plano, Texas. There's only one of them. And what is that? What are the crosstreets there? Preston and Plano Parkway? You got it, Preston and Plano park It's always confusing because there's a park and then the Plano Parkway.
Speaker 2: Well, don't forget there's also a parker and a parker. Yeah, all right there, all right there man, what does Plano do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But it's Plano Parkway in Preston. There's only one location of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and all of DFW. But it's so freaking good that it was named best Pizzeria and DFW by readers of the Dallas Wearing New Skin. White folks flock out there to Andrews.
Speaker 2: Also, it was named best pizza by me. Uh it's because it's just so damn good. And they mastered all these different styles like you can go rock Out, Chicago Style and Detroit Stald all that, but dude, they also have Dallas Style, which is their style it's great pasta dishes, Primo awesome bar.
Speaker 1: We love the bar. We love that they.
Speaker 2: Carry Rollertown Beer Works as well. That's a brewery bin and Iron vest it in so go check it out. Do it for dinner tonight Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this, and now it's time for Basi Sweet Day of Day featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets.
Speaker 2: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: So there was a discussion of protests and things like that Saturday for the MAVs and Rockets. We have one person on the show who went to the game. I believe Christina I was home six Saturday.
Speaker 1: You got her sick? Kevin.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I did, but I hope you guys don't get it.
Speaker 1: Man, don't taunt me.
Speaker 3: You don't taunt the neurovirus. And it will speak to you when you're in your when you're hurt. It'll just be making noises at you.
Speaker 4: It's not like the walk hard thing either. It's like, no, you legit do not want any part of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah really, yeah, Sivery's lying about what you really I'm telling you it's hell.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it.
Speaker 2: Don't do drugs commercial?
Speaker 3: Then did you make it out there? No? I did not, Man, I thought about it, but I didn't work on some fence stuff, getting fence. Take group, dude, I've got a poll out. You gotta dig it up.
Speaker 1: Put it out there for you.
Speaker 3: Saw a snake? Oh? An earth snake?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Every one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, my daughter had a game. Couldn't make it out damn it?
Speaker 3: Skin? Did you go?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: I stayed away from the South Plaza where all the insanity was.
Speaker 3: Was it insane?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: Was it as insane as the media was making it look online, because honestly, I kind of thought it felt like it was like under one hundred people.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw one headline that said estimate said one thousand people. When I went and looked out the window because I was interested, I was like, I want to go see all this, and I went and looked out the window.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, that looks like about one hundred people.
Speaker 3: Well, what time for me, let's see?
Speaker 2: Tip was at two o'clock, right, I probably went out there and looked at one.
Speaker 4: I think it progressively got crowded or more crowded my mind is still coming back.
Speaker 1: Sorry, what didn't our former sales guy Billy run the whole thing?
Speaker 3: I was strange.
Speaker 2: I saw sam Gannon report and it had video and he was at the centerpiece of the video and I was like, all right, man, you know, get him going man.
Speaker 3: And he was saying he was starting a no Vegas noay chance. In the Patrick DeMont comments, he did say in that interview, We're not going to Vegas for some of the reason the skin kind of laid out earlier in the week. So I think we can let's for now, let's kill that conspiracy theory. No, we can't.
Speaker 2: We can't because we need to make everything be an insane, fevered pitch, whether it's true or not. We need full anger and insanity and distruths, and no matter what, we need to push it to a thousand at all times.
Speaker 4: I think we just want a logical exit and we're not getting that, and that's why people are so pissed and doing these stupid conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: Can I can I say something about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, it's fair.
Speaker 2: They have given everyone a logical explanation, just nobody wants to accept what it.
Speaker 1: Is, right it's like this if KT, if KT loaned me ten thousand dollars and I said, Skin, I'll give you this ten thousand dollars for your shoes. And I made that deal, right, And then I went back to Kat and I was like, man, I just wanted those shoes.
Speaker 2: And wanted those shoes so badly he thought they were ten thousand dollars worth. And so the thing is is like what everyone needs to come to grips with, you don't have to come to grips with it. But you know, when I was talking to Kat about this earlier, when we were at the fan and people would get angry at us that we did not take their opinion and give it to Jerry Jones, Like people get.
Speaker 1: Angry, why don't you do this?
Speaker 2: It's like, well, that's what you think, and that's fine for you to think that I am not your co do it for your opinion to go get put at someone else's doorstep, And it's fine for you to think what everyone can think. Whatever they think. They have given you an explanation. You don't like it, and that's just the that's the fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the world, the world doesn't and there's no one I've not seen anyone on the planet who thought that it was a fair deal.
Speaker 3: The people. It's people, and that's one person who did it.
Speaker 1: And that's what's so hard, I think for people to understand. There's just pretty much everyone universe is like, Okay, if you were frustrated with his conditioning, why did you trade an iconic twenty five year old superstar? And even Rob Polinka is saying called it a gift, you know, to get a twenty five year old top three player in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like Minnesota, though, I don't don't what do I do it?
Speaker 1: Do I?
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 3: Do it? Do it? It's not trading Anthony Edwards because they're frustrated with his conditioning in the playoffs last year. But that's our then. And the other thing that it hurts me is the best team in the league right now, arguably is the Oklahoma City Thunder and they call us daddy right now, So why are we changing this?
Speaker 2: I okay, that's fair. I would say that at full strength. Well, I don't even know what Anthony Davis is is is he about to miss the season with a sports injury?
Speaker 1: Sport turning?
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is I would contend at full strength for right now, this version of the Mavericks is probably better equipped to beat the Thunder than the other one, because what nobody has seen yet is nobody has seen the full strength Thunder. Like they're doing what they're doing with their second best player missing the entire year.
Speaker 1: There's no question that this, you know, I think if healthy. Okay, we saw what it looked like for a half the other day. They had eighteen blocks, a swarming defense. It's a great team. It could be cool. It could be the best team in the West. Problem is everyone's like, Okay, but you got six years older, yep, and you traded for a guy who's always hurt yep, and then he immediately got hurt yep.
Speaker 2: I mean, please understand, I'm not here saying that I agree with the trade or anything. I'm just saying, collectively, our emotions are not allowing us to accept what they're telling us, right, because we don't agree with it, and you can disagree with it all day long. It's like that's the whole thing of being an American, Right. But this idea that they're hiding things from you I don't agree with. I feel like they've especially with what Patrick Dumont told Brad Towns yesterday. I think they're very directly telling you what they think. Yeah, right, just we don't agree with it.
Speaker 1: Those comments yesterday were shocking, and but I appreciated the candor, right, like, they're not holding back, they're not scared to hold back, but man, they you know, I felt like Nico not saying anything, he was protecting Luca by not saying we you traded him because we hate his work ethic. We think he can't stay in shape, we think he's gonna get worse over time. He has his own health guys. We can't communicate with his health guys. You know, we can't get him in shape, so we don't see that getting better over time. He didn't say any of that, No, he did not, but it kind of felt like Dumont did in his own way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think the other thing to your point, Ben, is like in the week since the trade happened to now, there's been a lot of reporting and I've also seen a lot of fans, as I know, we got a boogie, but I've seen a lot of fans take issue with Tim McMahon, like this idea that Tim mcmon is. A mouthpiece for a sports organization is the single most comical thing I've ever seen in working in sports media. If you believe that you are an absolute effing lunatic, he got kicked out of locker rooms by teams because he was the opposite of a mouthpiece. But if you want to believe that you're absolutely entitled to.
Speaker 3: Social media is forge kind of ranting about things you don't know anything about.
Speaker 1: Pretty much, all right, I do it all the time.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll win tonight when you okay, yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, all right. Coming up next in the big finish, we'll take a deep dive into the Super Bowl commercials from yesterday. We'll talk about it all next on The Benenskan Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle