Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI Am sixty.
Speaker 2: Kelly six Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And yeah, I know, I'm get off my lawn old. I get that. I get that, And the music is too loud of kids get on my nerves. All that is true, But sometimes sometimes I am justified coming to Inglewood. Next weekend, not this weekend, but next weekend is the Rolling Loud concert. That's the concert that you can hear literally four miles away. Last year you could hear it is at Hollywood Park, right next to Sofi Stadium outdoor. You could hear it at my house four miles away. I think I was justified in being a little bit angry about how loud it was. It lived up to its name, Rolling Loud, and it's coming back around again next weekend and weekend after next. Who's gonna be headlined by Asap Rocky, who's probably still celebrating his not guilty verdict, Playboy CARDI don't know any of the music. Paeso Pluma, Stephane, do you know payso Pluma? Heard of it? Don't know it? Mark Paeso Pluma, No bueno Okay, yeah, and y g Anyone. Yeah, okay, Quavo. I think I've heard of Quavo Migos. Yeah, there you go. Okay, Yeah, Sexy read heard of her? No, you've heard I've heard of her. I mean I've heard her music. If one of her songs played on our partner station ninety two to three Real ninety two three, I wouldn't be able to identify it. Oh, I see, you know, I've I'm familiar because she's been in the news for any number of things over the the months and years of her short career.
Speaker 3: Heays, So Pluma is huge. Plumer could probably close that show probably headline.
Speaker 2: Can you name one of their songs? Because I can't. I can't.
Speaker 3: It's no, no, no, no, they're they're they're like it's like like Latin music. It's it's but it's deep within the culture.
Speaker 2: Well, pays Pluma probably gives it away that it's Latin music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the same, but it's it's just it's like a deep it's like they're they're like like imagine when we were young and Gloria Estefan, you know how big she was, you know, their whole conga. It's like it's like that I'm saying, just how how big the vibe. The vibe is big.
Speaker 2: I think playing the Recovery Wildfire absolutely okay, that's why it's absolutely yeah yeah. Can you clue me in on this? I have no idea who they are. No, it's got one persons. Okay, it's the guy. So it's like bad Bunny. So why isn't pay so plumo as opposed to pluma Pluma? Pluma is femina lasting because Peso likes the pluma? Okay, Paeso Pluma okay? And Playboy Carti. Can you name any of his songs? I think it's a hiddie. Yeah, Playboy Cardi. They play Playboy Cardi all day.
Speaker 3: He has quite posibly one of the biggest records within the urban music genre. Right now, they're playing and non stop upstairs.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I just can't name it.
Speaker 3: He's got a single with with Weekend right now, all right, I've pronounce sound sounds like it's almost like the Weekend with like a more manly voiced Weekend rappings togues. Okay, no, no, no, no, because you're not how Weekend has that high voice. And then Playboy Cardi's got like a more masculine voice sounds you know. Okay, look they're playing upstairs man, okay, upstairs.
Speaker 2: Well. Tickets are starting at just one hundred and seventy nine dollars for general admission. I don't know if that means you get to actually sit down, if it's just like a standing area, but it's general admission one hundred and seventy nine dollars and uh yeah. Attendees will be treated to signature activations like the Rolling Loud Tattoo Parlor and art installations that deepen the connection to hip hop culture. Get your tickets now. Yes, this is plum Okay, that doesn't ring a bell. You can show me a picture of his Instagram page. It doesn't ring. No, okay, there's no payesel no no. But I can tell you also that I will not be there, and I'll make sure that if anyone comes near my house, I will shoot them away and tell them to get off my grass. No parking. I don't know when it starts too. Is that the one that we heard, Yes, yes, okay, heard from miles away miles now. According to the Mayor of Inglewood, we're not supposed to have that problem again. Mayor Butts James. But that's right. Yeah, we shall see if they start playing it loud. It's not like anyone's going to actually stop them, because it was loud all we weekend last year and they did nothing despite all of our complaints. Yeah, because apparently that they had like a record number of police calls for they did across like five different police departments. It was Ingwood Police Department if I remember correctly, Manhattan Beach Police Department, guard Dina Police Department, obviously LAPD, and also LASD Manhattan Beach. That's scary. Yeah, Yeah, that's far. It's far, but it isn't that far because I go there to referee basketball. I know it's seven miles from my house, but that's about ten miles from the Sofi Stadium Hollywood Park. I'm just saying, if they're complaining in it's all the way over there. That's too loud. Oh yeah, I'll even say that. Yeah yeah, And I have double pane windows and it did not help at all. It felt like I was still at the concert.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Also, there's Wango Tango coming out and on Thursday, I'll be joining in the studio by Jojo and we're going to be giving away a pair of tickets to Heart Radio's Wango Tango, which is coming back to southern California, and it's headed to the beach on Saturday, May tenth, a little ways out at Huntington City Beach. Wanngo Tango's all star lineup will feature performances by Joja, Kat, I know who she is, Megan Trainer, I know who she is, Kat's eye not so much in mix no psichers a two old may is that like French at o me? Are you just making up names?
Speaker 4: Now? Cat size the Stephen King's story. Come on, I'm not out it is Kat s e ye.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm actually I'm kind of glad that JoJo's the one coming on because he does a whole K pop thing and those some of those are K pop bands. Yeah, so he'll know. That's why we bring on the experts, because I'm not the expert. I mean, for all the time I was in the music industry, that was last century, I'm not the expert anymore.
Speaker 3: That was huh, it was It's been a long time since been. We're in the music industry.
Speaker 2: That was a long time. And don't forget Heart's Too. Hearts was also on the bill, as is Orange County's own Gwen Stefani. Tickets are going to go on sale on National Pie Day, March fourteenth, at ten am at AXS dot com. I might go to this. I told you it's a Saturday. Yes, Huntington Beach is a great place to go. Huntington Beach is great.
Speaker 3: Doja cat Gwen Stefani to me Gwen Stefani and a reunion of No Doubt? It not just when is a reunion of No Doubt? As that's going to be a killer. The only thing is this is just the one little TEENCWENSI problem. Because I worked in the music industry for so long, I am accustomed to a level of access and treatment.
Speaker 4: That I must receive. So if they don't send a limo for you, you're out. Doesn't have to be a limo, oh okay.
Speaker 2: But in other words, like I need backstage passes. I need to be able to hang out with the artists and in that kind of green room area. Oh, do you have a writer? Not I wouldn't say it's a writer. But if I'm going to go to something like this, When you worked in the business, you had access to everything and anything, because people would want to come to your concerts that you were working for your label, and you would extend that courtesy in return. It's like we had Janet Jackson, Hey you got Jenet tickets? We can you know, can have Yeah, we'd have some hold over tickets and we give them out to friends within the industry. But it was with the understanding, when you have an artist that I want to see, you do the same for me. And you made sure that we all had backstage passes and access, or you can come to like the after party and meet the artists or something like that. Those are the things that I'm accustomed to.
Speaker 4: I'm a big fan of writers with insane star demands on them, like they're calligial. Like if you had a writer, you would make somebody pick the olives off your pizza and and sit, you know, a couple couple bottles of jack in your green room.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I wouldn't make people touch my pizza. I would just say, don't order any pizza with black olives. I just give him the order.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you have to pick the who's ordered him that the first place.
Speaker 2: By the way, I should would say pepperoni and sausage pizza.
Speaker 4: Let me point out the delicious irony that you, as an Olive hater, work in a building on Olive Street.
Speaker 2: It's not the first time. When I worked for the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra is at Olive Avenue to Olive Street downtown. Except your destiny, MO, No Olive. Just because Olive is going to be around me, it doesn't mean that it's going to be on my pizza. You say so, oh oh, no, I'm positive. I am positive KF I am six forty. We live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I've never met Bill Maher. We have friends in common, so I can't say anything about him personally. I know he knows of me because of these friends I should say former friend. We have in common. I've written about him, talked about him number of occasions. I don't expect ever to get an invite on his TV show because I've never really spoken of him in glowing terms. But he's back in the news for his Oscar commentary, and I want you to listen to this, and for me, it's confirmation that he listens to later with Moe Kelly. Even if he denies it, I'm running with it. It's confirmation. He listens to the show. He's in a conversation. This was on a show Friday, and he wants to make the argument that Emilia Perez did not win the Oscar for Best Picture and it was due to cancel culture. Listen to this.
Speaker 5: Well, but there are people who say cancel culture isn't a real thing.
Speaker 2: And ah, there it is. See see he listens said later with mo Kelly, he's talking about me.
Speaker 5: Well, but there are people who say cancel culture isn't a real thing. And I would say to them, it just happened again at the Oscars. Now you may not think it happened. But the movie that was gonna win it all was Amelia Peretz.
Speaker 2: Right. That's not true. That's not true. I want you to put a pin in.
Speaker 5: That was Amelia Peretz, right.
Speaker 2: And you know, I got it.
Speaker 5: Hollywood love this. They're finally going to have a person who was a trans person. God bless her. And she did a great job. And I read her tweets. It's just a little childlike in her tweets, you know, And that I sent it just a little Kanye ask just whatever's on the brain comes out. I mean, one, you know Hitler, just don't mention Hitler at all. I feel like it never comes out good. And then some things she said which are just oh yeah, you know what I've said, things like that. It's just very, very honest. But of course for the woke community, it was way too far. And this movie that was gonna win it all.
Speaker 2: It was never gonna win it all, but go ahead, Bill, go off, gonna win it all.
Speaker 5: It was the front runner and she was gonna get it all.
Speaker 2: It was not the front runner.
Speaker 5: Front runner and she was gonna get it all. Suddenly was out to lunch, and good news for an Aura. That's what happened. So, yes, cancel culture is still with us. It may just be a little more subtle.
Speaker 2: Bill Maher won't be the first time, but he's definitely wrong on this one. I'll get to the whole cancel culture aspect of his commentary in just a second. If you know anything about the Academy Awards, the voting period for the actual Oscars is February eleventh. The voting begins and the voting ends on February eighteenth, so you just had a week in there. One week after that, we had predictions from all the top entertainment outlets as far as which film was expected to win the Oscar for Best Picture. And mind you, I'm not disregarding that Amilia Perez won a Golden Globe for I think Best Film Comedy or Musical, but it was one of two films that did well at the Golden Globes. And you also had The Brutalists, which won. So there were two movies coming out of the Golden Globes in theory which could be considered a front runner for the Oscar. That's the first piece of information. Hollywood Reporter predicted Anora to win Best Picture. They had a Milia Perez sixth Deadline said the race is wide open. Yeahoo News predicted Anorra. Variety predicted Anora. Entertainment Weekly, Say It with Me predicted an Rotten Tomatoes predicted Conclave. It's dark horse Anura. There was not any one predicting that Emilia Perez was the front runner. And let's say Emilia Perez was the front runner. Was was it the movie the front runner? Liked to me Moore because to me, Moore was the front runner and had all the momentum, and she did not win Best Actress. So just because you think someone's going to win, it doesn't need to be some sort of conspiracy or some sort of social statement why a movie does not win. And if you looked at the history of Amelia Perez, it was largely disliked by GLAD and other organizations. They did not like the depiction of a transperson at all. And to say that it is somehow the woke mob was the reason that the PI did not win is to deny all facts as we know it. Mark, you looked like he had something to say.
Speaker 4: I was just contemplating whether researchers had taken the time to count up the lost hours spent by Bill Maher complaining and whining about cancel culture. Can you think of anything more painful apart from say, Bill Maher and Barry Weiss whining about canceled culture, or thir Jordan Peterson in there while you're at it, there's a real brain trust.
Speaker 2: It's weird because the people who complain most about cancel culture have never been canceled. Number one, and of all the controversial things that Bill Maher has said over the years he has never lost a platform. Yes, his politically incorrect show on ABC was canceled, but all shows are canceled for lack of ratings of what have you. But real time, he says whatever he wants without consequence.
Speaker 4: Now, honestly, I used to be quite a fan of his, and I interviewed him, and I read the novel that he wrote, and it was actually pretty good. But I think he's really turned into an old Dunning Krueger case in his later years.
Speaker 2: He thinks very highly of himself. Let me just say the least, let me put it that way. But I'm going to say this since I know that Bill is listening right now or someone will report back to him. There is no cancel culture because mel Gibson is doing okay. Last I checked.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's even getting his guns back right, and he is taking a prominent role in California politics.
Speaker 2: He is not in any way canceled. Now, let's not confuse someone who was controversial with someone who has been canceled. I can't think of anyone who's been canceled. Has someone maybe lost an opportunity or maybe lessen the size of their stardom, Yes, but I would interpret canceled as some sort of definitive and finalized status in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Don't you think, Mo, that most adults can process the fact that there are repercussions in the real world for things that you say and do.
Speaker 2: Yes, And maybe they're more repercussions now because of social media, people have more of a voice to at least be heard. I think if we had social media fifteen twenty years ago, yeah, there might have been a little more pushback against certain movies or certain comedians, but there was no voice back then. But now have you noticed Dave Chappelle not canceled very controversial, has had a lot of fed up things to say about the trans community. If you can't cancel a comedian, I don't see how you can say that cancel culture is now ruining entertainment. When comedians, for example, have been more brash, more outlandish, arguably more offensive than in past fifteen twenty.
Speaker 4: Years, cancel culture is not a thing. Even the guy who the comedian who did the RNC that made everybody so angry, I read that he just got his own special.
Speaker 2: That's my point. That is exactly my point. And as for all the negativity that comedy routine yielded it was actually a boon for his career. Bill Barr, you are wrong in every single possible way. There is no cancel culture. There are certain consequences, and your career may be limited if you're just an a hole and no one wants to work with you. But that's completely different. That's not someone just making a group decision that you will not have a place in entertainment. It just means that you won't be as popular as you were before. Ask Will Smith, he hasn't been canceled. And he slapped the crap out of a man on live TV, committed assault and battery for the whole world to see, and they act like, well, here's your oscar that same night, didn't even ask him to leave the building, and his only punishment was, well, you can't come back to the show for the next ten years. Oh okay. If that doesn't get you canceled, I don't know what will.
Speaker 1: You're listening to later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And We're on the precipice of another Dodger season, World Champion, World Series Champion Dodgers, and I'm so excited I just know that there is this process where, especially in today's world, when a team wins and you want your team to win. If you are a sports fan, if you're a Dodgers fan, you want the Dodgers to win. If you're unfortunately an Angels fan, well that's not gonna happen, but you still want them to win. And there's a price that comes with it. Part of what makes the Dodgers organization so successful for the past i'll say decade or so, they're willing to spend money, they're willing to take big risks, and they're willing to do whatever it takes to put the most talent on the field. That means signing someone like show Hey Otani to a seven hundred million dollar deal and deferring a lot of it into the future, meaning show hey Otani could get hurt or have a career ending injury and the Dodgers would still be on the hook for most of that seven hundred million dollars. They've gone out and gotten some of the best players from around the world, Japan, Korea and other places, and they'd been consistent in that regard. But the flip side is there is a cost to it. A mean, I mean a literal financial cost. If you're going to pay the big bucks for these players, then invariably that is going to be passed on to consumers and there's no way around it. We saw it happen with the Lakers in Showtime. The Lakers were almost they were on the verge of bankruptcy. Then they got Magic Johnson and James Worthy and other players and they made a commitment to them. But it also meant the tickets to see the Lakers games in the nineteen eighties they became really, really expensive, and that's part of the reason why you saw so many celebrities there. It was the place to be. The Dodgers are having a similar type of resurgence, and it's going to be very expensive going forward if you want to see a game in person. There are a few people here who have season tickets. I know Amon King has season tickets and Nick Polly Chinny will catch a few games over the course of the year, and I've caught a few over the course of the year. But you're almost going to have to treat Dodger Stadium like Disneyland in respect that it's going to cost a lot of money going forward. To take a family afored it's going to be almost like a family vacation. Maybe you didn't know the average price of Dodgers tickets home or away. In other words, they're a big draw, even on the road. Average price one hundred and eighty one dollars, and that's over forty dollars more than the next highest average ticket price, the Boston Red Sox. For me, as someone who loves the Dodgers but doesn't feel the need to go to Dodger games all that often, it's great because as far as I'm concerned, it costs the same amount on my TV until they renegotiate that that package, you know what I mean. So I'm not spending more money this year on the Dodgers than I did previously. That's okay. But if you plan and see a lot of games, you're gonna pay a lot of money. And if you wonder, well, okay, one hundred and eighty one dollars and it's four forty dollars more than the Boston Red Sox. Give me some context, all right, here's your context. It's a twenty five percent increase from the average price of Dodgers tickets just last year. Twenty five percent increase in one year, and that is the second largest year over year increase among all teams. Only the Detroit Tigers twenty nine percent saw a bigger increase in ticket prices. And I'm wondering that Detroit Tigers haven't won anything and I don't know how long and they jumped up twenty nine percent. I don't know who's paying that, But the Dodgers also account for three of the most expensive single game tickets in the upcoming season. Aside from the Major League Baseball All Star Game, which is eight hundred and thirty seven dollars average ticket price, the home opener against the Detroit Tigers six hundred and four dollars, and the back to back of New York Key's matchups near the end of June, four hundred and thirty six dollars and four hundred and fourteen dollars are projected to be the most expensive single game tickets this season. I can't imagine spending six hundred dollars on a single baseball game, but it is reminiscent of the Lakers when you have those court side seats that started going for thousands of dollars. You know, even up till today. I don't even know how much they are today, but when the team started winning consistently, that is a byproduct of it. Now, the LA market has made it very clear as far as attendance. The Dodgers continue to lead Baseball or near the top in attendance every single season, so they've obviously the organization has made this calculation where even though we may be raising prices, we know that the fan base will still support the team. They just have to keep winning because Dodger Stadium is one of the crown jewels in all baseball. I don't know if there's a better place to watch a baseball game. I've been to maybe seven or eight of the existing parks. Dodger Stadium is still near the top in summer, especially in the evening. I don't know if you can get a better view in the stadium. It is a gorgeous place to watch. The stadium and they keep updating the stadium to keep it as fan friendly as possible. The seats are better now than when I was a kid. The whole experience, the food is a lot better than when I was a kid. I mean they offer I mean, don't get me wrong, still love Dodger Dogs, but they have other food offerings to complement them, which makes it more of a modern feel because Dodger Stadium for decades was way behind the newer stadiums as far as the food offerings, and they've caught up in that regard. But you're going to have to pay for this team, which is on the field, it's a fantastic amalgamation of talent. They're far and away the favorites to win the World Series, from the hitting up to the pitching rotation. But you're gonna have to pay a pretty penny. I'm not I'm stay my ass at home and watch on TV. That's the best place to do it. But for those who have season tickets, since it's gonna be very difficult to keep those seats up from year to year. Mark, have you been to a Dodger game yet since you've been down here.
Speaker 4: No, Someday you and I are going to go and I'll enjoy a thirty dollars light beer and a twenty dollars hot dog and we'll have a great day.
Speaker 2: Well, since our partner station is AM five seventy LA Sports, in other words, the Dodger station, I might know some folks over there who might be able to help us with some tickets. I feel like I need to go at least once. Right, No, you have to go. And I say this as someone who has any appreciation of baseball.
Speaker 4: You gotta go to Dodger Stadium. Well, I don't hate America for God's sake, So let's get this show on the road. Okay, I think I can call some folks and make it happen. Did you know that our boss knows people over at AM five to seventy? No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're making stuff up now, I know if I aim. Since forty we're live everywhere Heartradio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's almost like a reveal party, you know, you get to find out the sex of the eventual child that's going to be born. Well, the new James Bond actors gender and nationality have been confirmed by Amazon MGM Studios, reportedly through an internal memo. This was a thing at the company, according to this internal memo, and I'm sure Mark Roner will have something to say about this. MGM Amazon Studios will not be changing the gender or nationality of the iconic.
Speaker 4: Spy, the guy from Amelia Perez is not going to do it, nor with a woman. Sorry, yes, let's let's be correct. I wasn't intentional.
Speaker 2: According to this internal memo, the actor will reportedly continue to be British or from the Commonwealth. And I sometimes get this mixed up. To be British refers to anything related to Great Britain, which includes England, Scotland and Wales, and while English specifically refers to only England. And this is something which has always bothered me. Why supposedly Bond has to be British or Scottish or English, but we don't have that same expectation of iconic American characters.
Speaker 4: Well you wouldn't want Steve Rogers to be from another country and have an obvious accent, would you. All right, all right, I'm glad you did that. Why is it Superman with Henry Cavill because he can pass right?
Speaker 2: But I'm saying it's called acting for a reason.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and you should know by the way, that George Lazenbee, the second Bond, was Australian. He was Australian, huh. And when they were looking around to replace him, James Brolin, Adam West, Batman, and John Gavin was actually hired for it before Connery came back. Those were all Americans.
Speaker 2: Spider Man Tom Holland he's English. So we don't have the same type of expectations for our characters other than just don't remind us that you're British or English when you're speaking the lines. But for some reason, for James Bond, there has been this breading controversy that the actor saying nothing of gender, but the actor has to be of a certain nationality, which has always been strange to me because it's acting and we don't necessarily require that the actor be of a certain nationality.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, which is the art of being somebody who are not in real life. Yes, interesting, that's a people should run with that and try some stuff.
Speaker 2: Among the popular rumored choices for the next Bond. And I don't put any stock in this. I believe that these are just names which have been thrown around at some point in some time. Aaron Taylor Johnson, you know, he just starred in that horrible movie Craven. Yeah, that killed his career. I think Richard Madden, I think he has a jaw for it. But I don't know if he's has the acting chops for it. He was in a spy show that Citadel. Oh, Citadel was terrible. I think it was Citadel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was in a British cop show as well that wasn't that bad. But I don't think he has the riz for Bond, do you No.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. There is something to be said for on screen persona and gravitas and you know, can he fill up the screen? And I don't think he can. It's just Elba. I don't think he was ever a serious, rumored choice. He was just someone that fans talked about. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's also too old, regardless of the race swapping, of course, because whoever's going to be James Bond is going to have to be conceivably for the next ten years, four pictures or whatever. The way he was written, he's thirty six to forty. And that's over and above the fact that you know they would crank him out in the sixties like one every year or twobe. Now it's five years. You got to have him a certain age just so they won't be a pensioner by the time they get a third one out.
Speaker 2: Tom Hardy have you seen him lately. He is not aging?
Speaker 4: Well, no, he's not, but he's a beast and he does I think jiu jitsu.
Speaker 2: He does. I wouldn't go up against him. No, no, I'm saying when I say he's not aging, well, he looks far more grizzled than a Bond would. To me, he does.
Speaker 4: And he was kind of like a pretty androgynist, very young actor, and he's he's aged a little harsh you're.
Speaker 2: Talking about when he's doing Star Trek. Who was it? Was it Nemesis, Nemesis, Nemetics? Okay, he was Nemesis obviously, Henry cavill. I think he's too old and too physically big for the role.
Speaker 4: He would have been good at it. I've seen his audition, but he was too young at the time. Yeah, back then, but not now.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's actually going to be the next James Bond, but I do believe that because there's been so much focus on who the actor is going to be, because there's been so much infighting behind the scenes between Barbara Brockley and MGM Amazon, I don't know if people care as much now. Do you think that would be fair to say?
Speaker 4: I have seen nothing but fellow Bond fans, except that it's just kind of over. That's what I thought. The Eon years. Eon was the company that produced the canonical Bonds, not never say Never again, not the nineteen sixty seven Casino Royale. That's done, That Ara is over, and whatever comes next. If they happen to crank out something that doesn't stink, it's a bonus.
Speaker 2: I never understood the fascination with also what Bond had to look like, because Daniel Craig as a blonde Bond, I remember, received a lot of pushback then. When I saw him on screen and acting in the role and the story which they put around him, I was good with it. Now, I'm not British or English, and I don't have possibly the same cultural ties to the character, but it seemed like it turned out all right.
Speaker 4: Well Connery kind of shaped it. But he was written to look like the old musician Hogi Carmichael, you know, just a kind of a handsome guy with a comma of black hair and a scar on his face. But then then Connery turned it around and it was impossible to imagine it being anybody but him. And then you know, they rotated it like doctor who. So now there have been what six Yeah, but think about it. I don't believe Sean Connery, even in his prime, could be James Bond today. What do you mean because in a world of.
Speaker 2: The John Wicks, in a world of the born identity Jason Bourne, I don't know if Sean Connery and his affectation would he brought to the role would still be received as warmly.
Speaker 4: No, And they've really twisted themselves in the knots trying to update James Bond not to be offensive when the root of the character is that he's kind of an a hole.
Speaker 2: He's a psychotic killer. He kills without reservation or conscience.
Speaker 4: Well that's not true, but he is a killer, and he he's a loner, and he you know, he doesn't have a team like Jack Bauer in twenty four. I think a lot of people have forgotten what makes him tick. And so there's been a push even to have Pierce Brosnan comeback for an old James Bond movie. And I've reminded a few people online, which, of course those arguments are always beneficial, you always win those arguments. I've been reminding people the whole point of James Bond is that he doesn't think he's going to get old enough to have he's going to He lives like he could die at any time with zero in his bank account. Isn't that the whole point of most of the titles. Oh, at a certain point, like when they get to no time to Die, it's like an AI just generated those You're random James Bond title generator.
Speaker 2: Die another Day? I mean, how many times are live and let die? I mean how many times has die been in the title?
Speaker 4: It got to be kind of a self caricature after a while, and they got to find a way out of that, because you got to remember the character came out in the early fifties and made sense then in the context of the Cold War, and it's like that ship of THESEUS thing. You changed too many things, you might as well not call it James Bond anymore.
Speaker 2: But they did address it well, I can't remember in which movie, but they addressed the fact that the idea of a physical agent doesn't have the same type of role or necessity in that spycraft anymore because of technology.
Speaker 4: I can see that argument. And also our adversaries have changed over the decades. I mean it was Russia during the Cold Wars, certainly not Russia this week?
Speaker 2: What ever, could you mean? Our alliances change?
Speaker 4: We just got shut out of a security meeting with France and the EU, so we don't even know who Bond would be allied with. I mean, his best friend might not be the CIA guy Phoenix Felix Lighter anymore.
Speaker 2: It might be.
Speaker 4: A French agent or a Russian agent. Times have changed and you got to figure out. I would love to see a James Bond actually set in the fifties. And now now that we've seen how say well that Serial Killer show on Netflix, the David Fincher show, how they can transform a city to look like it was seventies La or something, you could make a fifties James Bond and it would look good.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a better series and movie than a contemporary one. Yeah, like a Madman era James Bond. We wouldn't want to a period piece. Kafi Amsin's forty Live Everywhere in the I heart renew at whatever happens, we have got it covered. Kf KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County Love
Speaker 3: Everywhere on the Echart radio app