Speaker 1: Seven oh six here at fifty five KRSD talk station. Right time was here withstening everybody a very happy Friday and welcoming into the fifty five carssee morning show for the full hour discussion. We have a whole bunch of stuff to talk about that we can never stuff into an hour of discussion. Bring him a gulland from the Hudson Institute online a Hudson dot org. Also a professor at Ohio or at Miami University Oxford and host of the Charged Conversations podcast. Just Derekker produces that one. Doesn't he welcome back? Bring him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Thanks.
Speaker 3: I was in DC until yesterday, so it's I'm glad to be back in the real world. And yes, Joe does produce, and he does an excellent job, and I'd be I wouldn't be able to do it without him.
Speaker 1: I say that about the fifty five KRSITE Morning Show, and I use that as a springboard to give him free publicity. If you want to do a podcast, just get in touch with Joe Strecker. He'll be happy to produce it for you for a reasonable fee. There you go, Joe, free promo. Love you brother, anyway, I'll bring them. You add a list, I mean a huge list of topics to talk about, and I want to try to get them all in. But I wanted to gravitate toward one that was later in your list, and that is the EPA's endangerment findings. This is all about CO two, and we've been busting our humps left and right green energy policies inflacer reduction, acting carbon capture. We need to spend trillions and trillions of dollars to prevent carbon dioxide also known as plant food plant food from getting out into the environment. We need to stop exhaling Brigham because we're putting a pollutant in. But no, it's not a pollutant, is it. So say it the Department of Energy.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh my gosh, don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument. Because the climate change movement is possessed, by captivated, by beholden by CO two. There are many different types of greenhouse gases, right, some of ms are actually quite dangerous indeed lead to asthma, health problems, et cetera. But CO two is what the world of climate change is solely focused on, and it has been for a number of year.
Speaker 1: It's all about CO two, okay, And I guess I really have to really demands asking the question, well, why why CO two? It is the lynchpin for so many of these global warming projects. I mean again, getting let's just say, mercury out of the air or something that's a worthy goal. We're not supposed to be breathing in or consuming mercury. It's carcinogenetic, it's dangerous, it has all kinds of felt effects. But carbon dioxide does not do that to you. So what's the story on behind the story?
Speaker 3: Well, it doesn't doesn't and you know, we did remove mercury. We changed some refrigerants around, and it got worse after that, but the initial change of refrigerations is good.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: CO two is a percentage of the air, makes up less than one half of one percent. It's point zero zero four to two percent in our atmosphere. So relatively speaking, that is four hundred and twenty parts per million, a fraction, a very small fraction, and in fintesimal fraction, and almost all of that is naturally occurring.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the Clean Air Act apparently authorizes the EVA to regularly pollutants like let's say, real pollutants ozone, particulate matter, sulfur dioxide in others that, in the words of the Clean Air Act, may reasonably be anticipated to endanger public health or welfare. And the point of them removing carbon dioxide from this list, and I don't know how kind of a list in the first place, Maybe you can explain that to my listeners, is because carbon dioxide does not endanger public health or welfare, it shouldn't have been included in the list of greenhouse gasses from the get go.
Speaker 2: No, it shouldn't have been.
Speaker 3: And you know the EPA, which, by the way, like all agencies created by Congress, but.
Speaker 2: At the idea of a guy.
Speaker 3: Named Richard Nixon, a Republican, to clean up the air. And thanks to certain aspects of our climate laws, we the rivers are clean, the air is clean, we're enjoying life. But the problem is people want to take this too far. And you know, others came up with the idea that, hey, let's add CO two to the list, and so it's called the endangerment finding, right, and because it endangers public health, But it doesn't, and it never has.
Speaker 1: Right, So why put her on the list was to gain more control over our lives. I mean that seems to be the only direction we can go. But you know, I always to step back from that question and say, Okay, if it's a gain control our lives, why in the hell do they care what kind of you know, fill in the blank appliance I am using, or anything else by way of activity? If the if the result is just producing a little bit more CO two, which has no impact on humanity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, while there are people we can bring people into the show that would be adamant that. You know, it's what's behind temperature rises in climate change. It's behind this, It's behind that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The answer is it's an anti industrial policy. Think of think of the far radical left, the people that want to move us back to the pre industrial age. Think of the anti capitalists, i e. Occupy Wall Street people. It's all the same group.
Speaker 1: It's the anti consumption crowd. Let's to me bringing I'm just gonna stay out loud. I've said it before. This comes to no surprise that people know that I've articulated my feelings on this matter. They are this collective group who claim to be in with great concern over the change in temperature around the globe. We're all going to die because the temperature is going to get warm. And they want to go after business and industry, and they want to make a connection between carbon dioxide and which is literally involved in every activity we do to shut down consumption. They view us all as you know, like cockroaches consuming all the world's resources, and we need to put a stop to that. Capitalism feeds that. Capitalism is based on the building and an expansion of capital, which necessarily includes the building and expansion and use of natural resources in order to acquire capital. Capitalism bad. How do we go after capitalism and create this Marxist utopia they're all looking for. Well, let's just kick the legs out of business and industry generally speaking, period. And the only way we can get there because we have been successful at getting rid of components in particulate that may endanger public health or welfare. Some of the plutants mentioned before, we've taken care of the vast majority of those. We need something that's impossible to take care of carbon dioxide.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, that's the entire point behind it is that you can't really.
Speaker 1: Get rid of it.
Speaker 2: You can't really get rid of it.
Speaker 3: So if we go back to the pre industrial age, and I'm talking, you know, early eighteen hundreds, CO two in the atmosphere was about two hundred and eighty to three hundred parts per million. We're now at four to twenty. After all this stuff that we've done all over the world. You know, we've saved a lot of people through advances in technology, through industrialization, through medicine.
Speaker 2: And on and on and on.
Speaker 3: So okay, all of that has increased CO two by about what I don't do higher math three hundred parts per million to four hundred and twenty parts per million, which is still less than one half a one percent of the Earth's atmosphere. And plants love it. Well, that's the other thing. The more CO two is in the atmosphere, the more plant life emerges. It's off balancing.
Speaker 1: Exactly because plants do what they produce oxygen AH, which we need.
Speaker 3: And they store CO two they take it out. They're scrubbers. We don't need direct air capture where we're man made trying to rip CO two out of the atmosphere. Planet a tree, planet a tree, right, don't they want to do that anyway, don't see That's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. You know, more CO two is good for the environment in the sense that it is conducive to plant growth. And they're all worried about us running out of food. They're all worried about us knocking down the rainforest, even though they'll knock down the rainforest to build a highway so they can get to the environmental meeting. They're all going to have the global meeting down and I mean it's just the hypocrisy is insane. Yeah, Brigand but ultimately, if we have more CO two, we get encourage plant growth, which is again good for the rest of the world. And there go again more oxygen.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll have to see what happens, because you know what the EPA is proposed to do. They have to change the regulation because the Obama people put it into and there is a process that you have to go through, and I'm sure this will end up in litigation as well, but they're proposing reversing the Obama era endangerment finding that classify CO two as a pollutant. And that's really what we're talking about. It's not a pollutant under the Clean Air Act.
Speaker 2: Right, it's not.
Speaker 1: There's no authority within the Clean Air Act to regulate something that isn't defined as a pollutant. And you can't turn CO two into a pollutant, regardless of how you want to characterize it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Bregan Account, Hudson Institute Hudson dot orgs where you're find We've got more to talk about, lots of different topages. Hydrogen, we got us European trade deals in terms of that and its impact on energy in India's dependence on Russian oil. More coming up after this word for Cover, since he John Rohlman and the team at Cover, since he it is worth the phone call. I'm telling you you've got to just take a few minutes of your time to either reach out to them by telephone or fill out the format their website to find out if they can save you what will amount to heap loads of money on your medical insurance while at the same time getting you better medical coverage. They're working for you. This is a service that does not cost you a dime. He's like, it's like calling an insurance agent, accept an insurance age' is gonna be working for one company. They're working for you sitting on the same side of the table as you, with two hundred plus insurance companies on the other side, thousands of medical insurance policies. What they'll do is to take a very specific look at you and where you are. Because the guy sitting next to you in the office is in a different place, he may n up with a different package of insurance. They put together a package that gets all the things covered, your dollar one coverage, your catastrophic coverage, everything, and it's less money. Couples hundred sixty five, typically saving between five hundred and one thousand dollars a month with better coverage. So why not make the call? That's so many satisfied listeners that have done this five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five online to fill the format on the web page. Coversinsey dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krcart Real.
Speaker 1: Nineteen fifty five KARASITECAALUK stations. Time for the Channel nine weather forecast sunny skies, no humidity, gay eighty for the high sixty one overnight with clear skies eighty one, no humidity and sun tomorrow overnight sixty with just a few clouds and a beautiful Sunday as well, mostly sunny, dry and eighty three. Right now sixty two time for traffic.
Speaker 4: From the uc UP Traffic Center and you see how wait boss center offer. Sergeic col am Nico of b City Care and Expertise called five one three, nine three, nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three northbound seventy five. The heavy gests to the highway traffic that slows through the cut into downtown. That was due to an earlier accident before Ezer Charles that was on the left hand side Snap Pound two seventy five slows just event between the Lawrence Kurt Ramp and the bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five Kara Seat the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty here fifty five Kero City Talk Station Brian Thomas with Brigha McGowan from Hudson ins To talking energy policy and whether or not Trump's gonna be able to keep his tariffs in place. He's been very successful in negotiating tariff and trade arrangements with various countries around the world. Had recent announcements he heard the top of the UR news and knocking him down one by one question is whether they'll stay in place, because there were oral arguments in a federal Pellic court yesterday, the going in connection with the lower courts ruling that No, Trump does not have the legal authority to impose these tariffs. It's exclusively within the purview of the legislative branch power of the purse kind of stuff, and that his declaration of an emergency is insufficient under the circumstances. No, a trade imbalance is not worthy of allowing him to have all this leeway. So maybe all of this will be eradicated. We're gonna have to wait and see on that. You know, how the wheels of justice are, they spend slowly. But in the meantime, the negotiated agreements do include things related to well large scale US energy exports like liquid natural gas. I mean, what, there's a seven hundred and fifty billion dollar trade pledge in the US EU trade deal, Brigham.
Speaker 2: That's significant, there is. That's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: And I think what we tend to forget and I do too, frankly, is you know, we talk about a trade imbalance that means that we give other countries more money than other countries give us. For purchasing our goods. But you know, whether it's a car, a John Deere tractor, or a raw product like oil or natural gas, that counts.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Somebody else from outside the country's paying an American company that brings revenue into the country, that's a good thing. That's a whole trade imbounce, right indeed. And so yeah, you know what I will what I will give Trump is he is a master salesman. He considers himself America's number one promotional salesperson of American companies.
Speaker 1: Yes, he would probably self apply that much.
Speaker 3: We probably would pad himself right on the back for that. And so whenever he goes around what his view is and right or wrong, here's his view.
Speaker 2: His view is, well, you know, after.
Speaker 3: World War two and all, we helped out Europe get back on their feed and we kind of gave them good deals, right, We kind of gave them the family discount. But now that was almost one hundred years ago, and we continue to give people the family discount, and they don't spend money where they should spend money, and they spend money on their social programs.
Speaker 1: We also happened to act as their police force of defending them with our American military so they don't have to spend money for their own security and safety. Yes, I've been stationed in Europe myself. I'm sure we have military bases all over the globe.
Speaker 2: We do so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's akin to telling your loving adult child who's thirty eight or forty time to move out of the basement. Pay for your own stuff, and that involves trade. Hey we've been giving you guys such big discounts. We're kicking you off the family cell phone bill. Get your own, your own accoun out. Yeah, that's what this is. Well, and conceptually there's nothing wrong with that. It does make sense logically. Why would we be giving them the discount Yeah, well no, because they have surpluses. They have money to invest in all their pet projects, including the exostential crisis of climate change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, European Union is a is the business model for the climate change alarmist it.
Speaker 3: You know, I just got back from France last month where I speaking at an economic conference, and you know, the idea of a European free trade block was a wonderful idea back when it was the Common market, but it is so far astrayed from its origins into this centralized political function in Brussels run by technicocrats and bureaucrats, and that should be a harbinger, a warning for America of what happens when a federal a centralized bureaucracy of unelected people take over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were independent countries with their own independent currencies, with their own independent directions thoughts. But they played nicely together, and in playing nicely together, because they were closely tight neighbors, they decided to get involved in this European Union concept. It's like creating a federal government out of whole cloth when you had a republic of working together states like we have here. You know, we got that whole tenth Amendment, you know, with the powers not specifically reserve in the federal gun belonged to the states, which allows us more flexibility and freedom. We can do what we want in our individual states if it's not a power reserve by the federal government over there. Brussels has basically taken over. They're basically taking over. And what's interesting with this US EU trade deal, which was made with Brussels, by the way, is that a lot of it will stick because Brussels controls a lot of you know, controls the tariffs controls what can be sold. And you know, to be fair, the Europeans to jump up down and scream about America. Yeah, try selling agriculture or wine in France. Try sell America of American organ You can't do it right. The German automobile industry hugely protected because it's important to them.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it. But what this does is it resets the playing field. It rebalances trade, gets American companies more access to European markets. Now here's where we're going to have to take away and see approaches. It requires Europe to buy more American stuff.
Speaker 2: But will they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good question. Now the devil's in the details, and keep your popcorn out and see what events unfold as we move forward. But if we have something that they don't have, affordable liquid natural gas, then they'll buy it from us. In a capitalist market where you know, laws of supplying the man just actually dominate rather than trade rules, regulations and tariffs. If we've got something they want, they will naturally come and buy it from us.
Speaker 3: Well, and Brian, you know what happened in Europe is you could frack in Europe. Netherlands, the Groniken fields were shut down, the North seafields for oil and gas shut down. This was their way of burning. This is akin to burning the Viking boats on as right, And if we just don't use this stuff, something else will pop up. Well, now they're realizing that something else was actually Russian oil and gas. That's not vogue these days. So now their economies contracted significantly. The industrialization of Europe occurred after twenty twenty two, and the price of energy went through the roof, and it went through the roof, and it stayed through the roof because they said, no, we're not gonna buy long term contracts, We're gonna buy stuff on the spot market because we're not gonna need it very long. Well, that's the highest price that you can pay for energy exactly. And now they're like, well, you know, maybe we ought to get I don't know, I'm ten twenty thirty year locked in price with America for LNG to buy something from US that they used to produce themselves.
Speaker 1: That they personally decide they were going to cut their own throats and shut off, forcing themselves into the position where they now have to buy from US. Great, good job, smart move from Brussels seven twenty seven more to bring mcown and coming up. Don't go way. Word for Suzette Low's Camp. She's with Cross Country Mortgage and she is your mortgage broker and she does a great job. It's always great rates to the low cost because she's got access to the gazillions of different opportunities out in the world, but working for you, she finds it best for your situation. So call Suzette Loads the Camp. You're going to work with a person who's the best, the possible person in the customer service business, in the mortgage industry, more knowledge than most anybody could ever possibly have. She's been doing this for more than thirty five years. And thank you, Suzette Loads the Camp. Wonderful job helping up my daughter and her fiance acquire their place just a couple of days working with Susette. They had the financing, secured great rates at the low cost, no junk fees, no application fees. She's quick about getting back with you, so you can reach out to her one of two ways phone number five one three three one three fifty one seventy six or an email at Suzette dot Low's Camp, Lo s e Ka MP Suzette dot Low's Camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krc Iheart's yacht Rock.
Speaker 1: Channel nine first one Wetherbourks forecast the community's gone next several days little of no humidity ya eighty for the highway sunny skies Today overnight cleared sixty one for low sunny in eighty one. Tomorrow overnight sixty with just a few clouds and mostly sunny and dry Sunday with a high of eighty three sixty two.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Traffic time from.
Speaker 4: The UCL Traffic Center U see Healthweight Boss Center offering Sergeic Cohan Medico OBCD Karen Expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Couple heavy spots on the highways North Fans seventy five between the Buttermilk and Kyle's had a couple of extra minutes Sat Bend two seventy five. Break lights between the Lawrence Burg Ramp and the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the Talk.
Speaker 1: Station thirty two fifty five KIRCD Talk Station Hudson dot org. If you find the Hudson Institute online, you should bring him Ackwand from the Hudson Institute. He's in studio. He's an energy policy expert and senior fellow with the Hudson Institute. Let's move over to India and their dependence on Russian oil. How does that impact this whole tariff and negotiations and things that are going on because Trump is doing everything he can to try to, you know, call out Putin for his refuse to end this war with Ukraine and threatening additional sanctions. So far, Putin's like got his metaphorical middle finger rays going yeah, go ahead, try good luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's really interesting because what allows Russia to continue waging war against Ukraine is not not entirely but substantially driven by money.
Speaker 2: Their trade. Oh, we're just talking about trade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And China and India are the two largest purchasers of Russian oil despite all the sanctions. The EU just announced their eighteenth round of sanctions, which is actually targeting part of India's refining capacity. And I had some conversations in DC this week with the Indian government and talking about trying to get a trade deal they were putting on their full dog and pony show to try to avoid the Trump sanctions, which did not go well, talking about how well, yeah, they used to sort of be aligned with Russia, but they would say things like, well, our line with Russia, the curve has turned downward, while our curve with America is increasing. And the bottom line is they say, hey, we just go out and buy oil. We just buy cheap oil. And you know Russian oil is pretty cheap, yeah, because it's sanctioned, right, But the deal is this, they buy more than they need. They went in twenty twenty two from really not even purchasing Russian oil to now they purchased forty percent of Russian oil exports, twice as much as they need. So they refine it and sell it back on the market as diesel, jet fuel, and gasoline. They're whitewashing Russian oil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like money laundering. They're laundering it. Yeah, and they're moving a killing. Our Indian refined gasoline sales subject to a sanction.
Speaker 3: They hadn't been until this last mentioned eighteenth round of sanctions. So the EU has sanctioned several refineries and has now said okay, you guys have to prove the origin of the oil moving forward. Okay, so they're on it, but it took a little while. Yeah, well you can listen. Yeah, it's like the concept of a loophole in the tax code. You know it isn't you know. It usually is something that they failed to take into account, but you're not breaking the law by using it.
Speaker 1: It just exists. There's a hole that allows them to evade the tariff because of the way it was, So they're plugging the hole apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know, on one hand, you can say, well, great, you guys are being great capitalists. You're buying oil at a disaccount. You're making a killing on your refining margins, and boy, that's pretty capitalistic.
Speaker 1: That makes perfect sense to me.
Speaker 3: But what Trump is really saying is, look, the Indian market is closed to the US market.
Speaker 2: You don't buy our energy.
Speaker 3: You're dealing in questionable energy products where you know where they're coming from, and we want you to buy US energy, not Russian.
Speaker 1: Well, why are we closed to the Indian energy market? They made that rule, they said we will not purchase US manufactured products.
Speaker 3: Well, there are a couple of different reasons. One they're a part of the Bricks Nations right, which was formed by eleven countries Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa, Saudi Aradia, Egypt and the UAE. So they're sort of on another team.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, that's all well and good, but if they're looking out for their own best interest, which anybody does, we were able to compete in the energy market. In other words, we had a mechanism whereby we could sell our products and beat the Russian price. Right. Don't you think they'd by default they would want to work with us and buy our stuff if it's better for them economically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would, except that we can't beat the Russian price right because Russia doesn't have ANYPA.
Speaker 2: They don't have and I get all that.
Speaker 1: It's like why manufacturer move to China, they don't have anything by way of you know, financially expensive rules and regulations and processes in place, that makes perfect sense, But just by way of principle, we shouldn't be barred as a supplier at the outset that shouldn't even be in place.
Speaker 3: That shouldn't be in place, and a lot of our products that we want to sell into India have been barred India, along with the other bricks countries, have also been pushing an alternative currency to get away from the dollar. I know, but you know, India isn't a tough spot, right They've relied on they had to rely on Russia for military and then this was raised like, well, gee, Russia's allies as Russia, Russia hasn't come to the assistance of anybody since World War Two, to be honest, when their allies faltered number one, number two. And I think India realizes that the trickier part is China, which is right next door to the neighbor and you know they're trying. There's a little bit of let's keep peace in the neighborhood, fair enough, mar at Brigha McGowan seven thirty seven. Right now, if you have k see the talk station phone call worth making, maybe it'll keep your house from burning down. That's a good thing. Your house's not burning down.
Speaker 1: Chimneycare fireplace is to locally unoperated since nineteen eighty eight, eight plus of the better business rod. They know that a chimney fire is a bad and dangerous, potentially deadly thing. So that's why they're offering the current special wood burning sweep and evaluation. It's only one hundred and sixty nine dollars in ninety nine cents and for that, the experts a Chimneycare Fireplaces stove come to your place video camera, inspect your entire chimney, making sure that you haven't had a prior chimney fire which typically cracks the lining. And of course number five chimney fire number two is the one that might bring your house down. I guess it's possible in chimney fire number one. Regardless, they're bad things. So get all that kreisode and that soap build up swept out by a certified chimney sweep. Everything's going to be in sound, working order, so you can hit the ground running when the temperatures drop down to fireplace temperatures, and you know you can take some comfort you knowing that it's been fully inspected by those experts. Two ways to get an appointment first call five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred, or book an appointment online and learn about all the services they offer and what's available on the showroom floor. Chimneycareco dot com fifty five far the Talk station for the channel nine. Other fourcasts beautiful day to day humidities out of the area. We got sunny sky is high of eighties sixty one over night with clear sky. Is another sunny day tomorrow with a high of eighty one, just a few clouds overnight drop into sixty and a sunny Sunday also no humidity high of eighty three sixty two.
Speaker 2: Now traffic time from the U see up tramfics center.
Speaker 4: You see how waveball center off from Sergical and Medical old BCD Care and Expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Northbound seventy five break lights continue to build just a bite between Buttermilk and downtown and an extra five minutes southbound seventy five, though doing fine out of Sharonville down to the lateral southbound two seventy five break lights on to the Carrol Cropper Chuck Ingramont fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five KRCD talk station bring him a gown from the Hudson Institute in Studio. Former Federal regulator current energy policy advisor Leeds the Initiative American Energy Security Hudson Institute and also a professor at Miami University. Moving over to hydrogen, it's going to save the world, right Brigan.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, you didn't get the memo. I just think of the Hindenburgh, you know, that would be what most people think of when we think about hydrogen. Is that catastrophic accident that pretty much killed everybody on board.
Speaker 1: Right, So how is it different and better allegedly as a an energy producer than say what we're currently used to, which is maybe fossil fuels.
Speaker 2: Well, the idea is, and we've been using it for a long time.
Speaker 3: We talk about a fuel cell at the International Space Station or in the Apollo days. Fuel cells are hydrogen based. What we're doing is we're burning it to release energy, and fuel cells can generate electricity, and as we know, everybody on a certain side of the aisle is into electricity, right, we got to electrify everything, yeah, uh huh yeah, And so it reacts with oxygen. It produces heat and water vapor, and in fuel cells, hydrogen oxygen react to electrochemically and thereby producing electricity, heat and water. That's the idea. The problem with it is it takes more energy to make hydrogen than it does from just using whatever the initial fuel sources to begin with.
Speaker 1: Right, So quite often hydrogen's made from let's say liquid natural gas. Yeah. In fact, you use the liquid natural gas and not turned into hydrogen, you get more out.
Speaker 2: Of it, right, So shocking.
Speaker 3: We can use it that's called blue hydrogen and using steam methane reforming or something called autothermal reforming with carbon capture in storage.
Speaker 1: Oh lord. So by doing that, if you had geothermal, if they could drill down far enough to get to the high temperatures down below, then you wouldn't have any of that.
Speaker 3: Right, you're producing heat to begin with, because in an industrial application we don't really think about this. Let's uh, let's go to a an electric power station. We're heating water to make steam to turn a turbine that produces electricity. Basically, that's that's the thing. Right. So uh, if we could just get that naturally occurring from the earth where we don't use any energy, you have free steam that's geothermal, and it's very promising and in fact, multiple studies have shown you can drill deep enough in certain areas to Yeah, they're doing it all that they're doing it right now. But Brian, instead, we can make blue hydrogen, and we can use two point five times the amount of natural gas we would otherwise need. We'll capture the carbon and it's called blue hydrogen or or there's a rainbow.
Speaker 2: There's a rainbow. This stuff.
Speaker 3: Green hydrogen is produced most environmentally friendly because we're producing it from solar or wind power. Let's see, we've got gray hydrogen.
Speaker 1: But if you're getting the power from the solar and the wind, like gas production, why not just put that into the grid directly, as opposed to transforming it into something else. And I presume during that process you lose some of the energy you have gotten from the sun and the wind turning it into hydrogen. Exactly because everything physics, every time you go through another step, you're losing efficiency and an energy waste, energy, you're interjecting costs.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely correct.
Speaker 1: The whole industrial process that has to be created in order to create the hydrogen that you're taking from the source of power, regardless of whether it's wind, sol or natural gas.
Speaker 2: Oh did I mention that.
Speaker 3: There is some debate about this now, But you just can't go out into the atmosphere and call hydrogen like a dog. It doesn't show up. It's not found by itself. It's bound to another chemical which requires energy to split it off. And so that's why it's significantly inefficient. But hey, anyway, we've got gray hydrogen, we've got brown hydrogen, black hydrogen, yellow hydrogen, pink, white, and turquoise.
Speaker 1: And let me guess each and every one of those goes to the exact same form of process we just walk through with gas or solar wind to produce hydrogen. There's a there's something in between that is using up the energy. You're gonna love this one. Pink or some people call it purple or red. We're using nuclear energy to make hydrogen because that totally makes sense. That sounds like the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Well, yeah, some of the stuff's pretty common sense. I'm all about nukes, man. Anybody listens to me knows about it. Small modular reactors or the wave of the future, small footprints sitting on a tiny little piece of land generating unlimited amounts of electricity. You don't need to convert that electricity into hydrogen to make it work. Just hook the damn thing up to the grid problem solved. Yes, and we are working on that and I don't know if we have time talk about it, but we can do. Let's get to that because it's one of my favorite topics when it comes to energy production. Why do we deny ourselves the best possible mechanism to produce electricity with the least possible impact on the environment. He screamed into the wilderness. Jeez, sorry, one more breaking. The Gowan all on electric. Power of your home sale starts now code change is implemented. The spring of twenty twenty four have exponentially driven the cost of service upgrades through the roof Now there has never been a better time to take advantage of big savings on a service upgrade for your home. Cullen Electric through the end of this month, the month of October extending the twenty percent discount of new service installation for your home twenty percent off the total job costs and that can save you thousands. That is mind boggling, Just in time for back to school and all the extra electronics you're going to be powering up. Power up your home sale means great savings on the service upgrade. From my friends at Cullen Electric outstanding service. Colin Electric always delivers on that. You'll be glad you call them for all your residential electric needs. And of course the service upgrade at twenty percent off huge savings five one three two two seven four to one one two five one three two two seven four to one one two. Find them online a plus with the BBB Cullen c U L E N Cullen Electric Cincinnati Dot fifty five KRC dot com channel. I watherfolcast Uh, the humidity's gone. Next several days are free of humidity. Rejoice, sunny and eighty today Tonight sixty one for the low with clear sky, sunny in eighty one. Tomorrow it's just a few clouds overnight down to sixty. Come Sunday morning, we'll see another sunny day and it'll go up to eighty three degrees sixty two. Now traffic time.
Speaker 4: Probably you see how Trampic Center. You see how wait Well Center offer surgical and medical OBCD care and expertise called five one three nine nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 2: That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three.
Speaker 4: Northbound seventy five continues to run an extra five minutes between Buttermilk and downtown southbound two seventy five break lights between the Lawrence burg Ram and the bridge. But everything else is looking great, including inbound seventy four Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty one fifty five KRCD talk station. Before we get back to Brigham an from the Hudson Institute and talk energy policy, notably on the topic of nuclear Let's cat yourself as a crime stopper this week Bad Girl of the Week. Welcome back Officer Tivity Green from the Cincinni Police Department who are looking for Tivity.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Cincinnati Police District one investigators are looking forward to Miko Rally. Miss Rally is wanted for felonious assault, sell any drug possession, and misdemeanor falsification. Investigators say during a phystical leducation, Miss Raley cut the victim with a knife. Tamika Rally. Tamika Rally is a female Black She's thirty nine years old. She's four seven and one hundred and ten pounds. Tamik o' Rally has a history of assault and disorly conduct, and was last known to live on Cobraine Avenue. In Camp Washington. If anyone has information on where police can find tamik o'rally, please call crime Stoppers at five one three three five two thirty forty or submit a tip online at crime dash stoppers dot us.
Speaker 1: You will be eligible for a cash your word, you will remain anonymous, and let's help this person with anger management problems. Get off the street, give the police an assist. God bless you, Tivity Green and each and ever remember the Cincinni Police Department would love what you do for the community. We'll be looking for if you want to see her. Need the information fifty five cars dot com on the blog page. Back to bring them down a few more words here. On energy policy, you were pivoting over to we were talking a little bit about nuclear at the tail end of that hydrogen creation conversation. You had a few comments you wanted to interject.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just going to say that, you know, I think there has been a huge resurgence in the interest in nuclear power, driven by the need for AI AI energy security. A point I made in France earlier last month was the world has never used a less energy, only more. And actually France knows this because they're almost eighty percent nuclear power right now. And you know when Spain in the middle of the day the clouds game and the wind stopped and they lost their grid, it was actually exporting nuclear power from France and alloud Spain to restart their power grid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like Pennsylvania producing enough electricity to cover the Northeast region who has not been able to produce enough of its own electricity. It's kind of sorry state of affairs, it really is.
Speaker 3: And you know, after a three mile island more recently Fukushima, the Chernobyl thing, people kind of got, you know, don't know about nuclear power. But we are now up to a Gen three plus design. We just put the first two down in Georgia, the Voctal plant. These are one hundred percent passive, meaning if you cut all the power, it fails safe to safe. And we're really enriching nuclear fuel to three to five percent now, which is much lower level than before. Remember that conversation about Iran needing sixty plus per Yeah, and you were in that kid, that's I'm raising the flag on that one. But and SMRs are even better because these small modular reactors are built in factories. We can we you know, you approve the license. The problem in America is every reactor's different, YEP, and it goes through a different licensing.
Speaker 2: These are like legos. These are like legos.
Speaker 3: So we woke up one day and went, huh, you know what, why don't we get in the car approved? And then we'll just replicate it exactly and we don't have to go through all this.
Speaker 2: So we're doing that.
Speaker 3: They can be deployed to different places, they can be stacked on top of each other, expanded, and we're looking at at some of those heading out there pretty quickly, and I think it's going to be a real game changer.
Speaker 2: They last fifty plus years. Equal.
Speaker 1: We've been powering America's military ships since the nineteen fifties. Yeah, haven't heard any problems with that, have you, Brigham?
Speaker 3: No, we have.
Speaker 1: We haven't uh uh every submarine, Yeah, every aircraft carrier YEP, and the one that I landed on. Yeah, nuclear powered, I know. And they're really fast too. They are fast, and they're small. You can fit one inside of a ship. Look, hey, they don't have to be giant. They don't have to have giant cooling towers on them, et cetera. Et cetera. And you know what, if you don't build them in its tsunami zone, you don't have to worry about things like Fukushima happening. I'm what idiot was in charge of site selection on that one. Well, yeah, I mean they had a history of tsunamis in Japan, I mean going back thousands of years.
Speaker 3: Duh, absolutely, And so you know, concerns about uh where you place them, the security of the facility, cyber stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to deal with all of that, of course you do.
Speaker 3: And we have to find a place to uh put the spent fuel, although some of the new reactor fuels one hundred percent. We're into recycling, right, I know, you can be one hundred percent recycle the fuel.
Speaker 1: No mass such a small mass of quote unquote waste collectively, it's yes, just infinitestinimal well.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if your listeners have heard this or not, but even with the old stuff, and even with contaminated waste water and other things, all of it would fit six feet high on a football field. We're not talking for the entire country, not that much.
Speaker 1: Brigham Accown armed with your facts that fly in the face of global warming, alarmist. I appreciate you coming on the program and doing that.
Speaker 2: You're a pleasure.
Speaker 1: You're always welcome here, Brigham. We'll be looking for your podcast, Charged Conversations produced by executive producer Joe Strekker the fifty five Cars Morning Show and let him produce your podcast. Brigham, thank you, sir for all the work that you do. Thanks having back on real soon, my friend. Enjoy your weekend. Don't away. Bill Sites on property taxes. He was appointed by Governor de Wine to head the commission to look into ways that they can help us deal with our property taxes after vetoing two measures in the budget that would have helped us deal to some degree with our property taxes. Bill Sites up next will be called the Twelve Day War. I suppose that's what we were nicknaming it already.
Speaker 2: Another update at the top of the hour, the use of military force.
Speaker 1: Fifty five Cars the talk station. This report is sponsored