Speaker 1: At a certain age you stop doing certain things. For example, I think once you get to be as a dude, when you're about I don't know, late twenties, maybe thirty years old, you stop sharing hotel rooms with dudes. You're grown man. Yeah, you're grown men. You work, you make a paycheck, you get your own room, right. I just I will die on that hill. I will plant my flag there and say I am not sharing a hotel room with another dude. I am a grown man. I'm not doing that anymore. JB. Do you have something like that? At a certain age you just don't do anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at a certain age you got to get the mattress off the floor. Guys, it's time for a big boy bad yeah anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was a late bloomer on that one. I think it was in my early thirties before that happened. Yeah. Yeah, I didn't see the point.
Speaker 3: You had a bed when I started dating you, So you did any time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What about chicks do this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Mine?
Speaker 4: For me was it a certain age. I refused to go anywhere that doesn't have a parking lot. I'm not parking, parallel parking and trying driving around, trying to find. Yeah, Like, one of the big selling points for a restaurant or a place to go for me these days is if I can park right in front of it.
Speaker 1: JB used to have one about driving a jeep and wearing a hat backwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At a certain age, yeah, you maybe.
Speaker 1: Should let that go.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think there, I gotta I know there's more. You should probably stop using the term bro all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can also after thirty. You can do it till you're thirty if you want.
Speaker 1: This is uh really something for girls. I don't know what age, but girls at a certain age, you've got to stop losing your mind when your friend shows up at the bar. You know the excitement, you know what I'm talking about the woo chicks. Girls, You've got to stop doing that. That might be the most annoying thing ever I've seen. Forty something year old women just lose their mind when they're you think it's Miss America walking in and it's just some other frumpy girl from Lake Wait. You know what I mean, just stop.
Speaker 2: It's you ever have this where the women running to each other in another city and lose their minds? Oh yeah, and you go you guys don't hang out back at home.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I'm excited to see him here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh girls, guys, I guess kind of do that. I don't know, but the WU girls yeaheah girl.
Speaker 2: A guy equivalent that you should stop doing something you should stop doing, you know, especially by thirty, is stop shot gunning beers.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, oh yeah, yeah, definitely by thirty for sure. Something that every woman gets to this age and she's like, yeah, she figures out that considering a new haircut as some sort of life changing monumental moment. It's no longer think at a certain age where like we'ich is make my hair to look good?
Speaker 1: Right? You mentioned shot getting beers, jibby, I will add to that. At a certain age, guys, a certain age, you stop doing shots of anything that has to be mixed. You stop with the buttery nipple, you stop, stop with the kama kazi, even with tequila.
Speaker 2: You stop dressing it up, yes, neat.
Speaker 1: Yes, you start drinking a meat right. You don't need the strip and go naked on the beach, any type any type of bulldog. You don't. You don't mean that either. It's just what you said. Sex on the beach right, No, don't need And guys, you stop drinking them out of test tubes. Yeah, stop, yeah, no, just drink them the way they come out of the bottle.
Speaker 4: At some point, no matter if you're a boy or a girl, at some age you let go of fomo and you're like, I just don't care my couch.
Speaker 3: In my bed.
Speaker 4: You're way better than anything you guys are out doing until one o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: At some point, you also, it's just not really a little off topic, but you get to a point like, I don't want to feel like crap in the morning. I just want to wake up and feel good instead of being hungover or exhausted from our sunburned from the day. Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: At some point sunburn, Oh is there anything worse?
Speaker 1: At some point in your life, you start applying sunscreen right right, it's like, because of the thing.
Speaker 2: I'll add another layer. Waking up and you have the backwards hat tan line sunburn on your forehead.
Speaker 3: On your head.
Speaker 1: Yeah. At some point you stop in life. You stop going to clubs that require some form of stamp on your head visible. I don't mind the invisible. I won't go if it's going on there, and it's gonna be if you if you're a club that can't afford to buy a two cent wristband, Yeah, I'm not going out. Yeah, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 4: What age do you think it is when we stopped sitting on the floor, Oh, because people.
Speaker 3: Can't get up.
Speaker 1: Boy, that was a harsh reality of parenthood when I was forty, when our daughter was born, and that's when you discover getting up and down off of the ground gets harder and harder. Oh my gosh. So I think we could do this all day long. Yeah, and we probably annoyed a few people. Some guy out there is like, damn, I didn't know that about the test tube.
Speaker 3: Shots from having an I.
Speaker 1: Had one at Chili's last night. Chili stick around. We've got some stuff you look forward to and things to do in Austin for the month of May. Hooray, hooray the first of May.
Speaker 3: We know what happens next.
Speaker 1: Out Door Nookie begins today. Stay with us more coming up on Austin's Adies Station one O three point one. Everybody looking for something to do.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: One thing you cannot say in Austin, Texas very often is there's nothing to do. Oh board, there's nothing to do.
Speaker 2: There's like only two maybe three weekends a year that there's not not any kind of major festival. You know, it's usually around Christmas New Year's.
Speaker 1: It's just always something. And that's because they've got those things that go on for two or three weeks, you know what I mean, like the Zilker Park Christmas Light. It's all that kind of stuff that's all set up during the holidays. But starting tonight, David Sedaris is in town. We mentioned that earlier this week. Also, the iHeart Country Festival is this weekend. It is going on Saturday night at the Movie Theater and.
Speaker 2: There's some celebrity spotting around.
Speaker 1: Town there will be. And that is a really really, really well done festival because it just is bang bang bang bang. I mean, they build a state that while one person is performing, they're building the stage behind it. When they're done, they just spin it around and the next band starts.
Speaker 4: It is act after act, huge acts, back to back to back.
Speaker 3: It's so well run, really good.
Speaker 1: Jack White's coming to town May fourth and fifth. Also, I just saw this and we talked about it last week that the Pecan Street Festival had moved right out to the domain. But there's another Pecon Street festival going on this weekend that's also not the domain, the galley. Excuse me, that's going on this weekend. So are there two posts? This is it? It is? Oh, this is what we were talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you know what, I'll back up for a second. You mentioned Jack White. The last time he came through town. He showed up midday at the Continental Club and did a session, Like you don't know what that guy is gonna do. I saw him walking out. I was sitting at Joe's Coffee, so I can vouch for it. I saw it walking out and he just they announced it on Instagram like right before he went on. There was a lot I'm down the street.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: I love it when artists do things like that.
Speaker 3: Pop ups like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, we've got Cinco de Mayo coming up. There might be a place or two in Austin you can find to have a margarita maybe.
Speaker 3: So you know, literal hard ask around.
Speaker 1: Which is funny because the margarita was invented in California. Really yeah, it was invented by a dude in California.
Speaker 3: Guess what his wife's name was Margarita.
Speaker 1: Yep. Other stuff going on. Austin Fashion Week is coming up May eighth through the tenth. That thing is really grown and grown over the years. I am seated for several years and it was growing then and now it's kind of a big deal and kind of on the national stage.
Speaker 3: Is it Austin like local up and comers who walk the stage?
Speaker 1: No, they're professional.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this was still happening, but I'm kind of glad it is. Although I will not participate, but the four eighth annual O Henry Museum Punoff World Championship still happens.
Speaker 2: I thought that went away.
Speaker 1: I did to forty eight years.
Speaker 4: Wow, Sandy, you love a pun Why would you not want to go and see this.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be around people that like puns.
Speaker 3: That's welcome to my world.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like falcons. I love falcons, but not people into falconry.
Speaker 1: That's going on a week from Saturday. It's at Brush Square Park, which is right behind the Henry Museum in downtown Austin. We were wondering if that was still there.
Speaker 2: It's still a little tiny house by the fire Station.
Speaker 1: Now not to be outdone with the forty eighth annual Austin Henry Museum Punoff World Championships the same weekend is Spamarama. I'm kidding, that's all school. Spam Arama died a fairly wrap death. I think right. It was just done one year.
Speaker 2: That was early two thousands because our old producer Funky won the hog Calling contest two years in a row. Yeah, we just set him down there and say, hey, Funky, go into the contest. Sure, yeah, any one any won two maybe three years in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he kept going back. Nicky Glazer's coming to town. Any fans. I like her? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like her too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like I have to listen to her, like through blinders on my eyes because she can be so uncomfortable sometimes.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, but.
Speaker 1: JB, between me and you, she's kind of hot, isn't she She is hot.
Speaker 2: She's very She did the Gross Choice Awards.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she did just host something recently and she killed killed it. Yeah, killed it.
Speaker 2: I think she already got invited back to whatever that award show was. She's already been asked back for next year because she did a great job.
Speaker 1: Uh wow, this is cool at the ATX TV Festival, John Hamm, It's going to be here. Eh be cool.
Speaker 4: You skipped Lyle Love It at the Paramount. Gayala God, I love Lyle Love It?
Speaker 1: Oh? When is that?
Speaker 3: That's on May fourteenth?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I like Lyle.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry May tenth.
Speaker 1: Lyle remember when he was married to Julia Roberts out of boy Lyle.
Speaker 3: That was random, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was It's kind of random, like the Elizabeth Hurley Billy Ray Cyris thing right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's gross. Elizabeth Hurley Billy Ray Cyrus is gross. Here's a weird fact. I will I have seen Lyle Love It twice in concert. Never listen to his music any other time. I only like him in concert.
Speaker 3: Really weird.
Speaker 4: But never just turn on a Lyle Love It song. I never would think about it, but I love to go to his concerts.
Speaker 1: We saw him with his large band, right mm hmm at the Paramount, Is that right? Yeah? So some stuff always something to do in Austin for the month of May, there's a lot happening. You could be out every night of the week if you wanted to. You could survive it, so I don't think I missed anything. Do you guys know anything else?
Speaker 4: And I think that's all the big steps you talked about Sinco to Mayo. Yeah, that's a good stuff, all right.
Speaker 1: One last thing on the twelfth is the Austin Under forty Awards, So a bunch of kids would think they know everything, gonna get it worse. It's Austin's ads station one O three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.