Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 2: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 2: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 4: Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 2: The road comes through La.
Speaker 5: Come get it.
Speaker 2: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 4: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 2: I do it best.
Speaker 5: Overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres. Fans can line up to kiss our ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Dodgers on Tap. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kas It's Sunday night baseball in Atlanta. Hi, everybody, and we'll welcome in to Morongo Casino.
Speaker 4: Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Hope you're enjoying this gloomy day here on this Sunday in southern California.
Speaker 4: The sky's wide open, though in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty three and ten on the season. After taking the first two games of the series in Atlanta, the Dodgers look to finish off the three games sweep and extend their winning streak to eight Dustin May on the mouth, Sunday Night Baseball Dodgers and Braves, first pitch coming up at four to ten.
Speaker 4: Between then and now, we got a lot to get to.
Speaker 1: Here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from former pitcher now ESPN analyst David Cone. David vasse Well checking us throughout the show. We'll preview this pitching matchup. We'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We got your prize picks, double play of the Day, your Dodgers' magical moment, and update on the injury list for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: And in just a few minutes we'll.
Speaker 1: Head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and here from Tim Nevertt and Rick monday Well. Last night, another night of rain and another Dodger win. After a one hour and thirteen minute raind lay on Friday, the Dodgers beat the Braves last night, a three hour rain delay before they even threw the first pitch of the game. Finally, a little after ten to fifteen pm Eastern, the Dodgers and Braves finally got underway, meaning he was gonna be a late night in Atlanta rookie Sasaki got the start. The young right hander looking for his first winning the big leagues. He would go five innings, three runs on six hits while striking out four Along the way. Sasaki got plenty of runs of ports, starting in the second Michael confordo at infielder's choice, scoring Will Smith, and the third with the score tight end one show Hey o'tani let off the inning with the solo home run, his eighth of the season. Dodgers a two to one lead. They weren't done. Next batter Mookie Betts a single. Two batters later, Teoscar.
Speaker 7: Sorolling back checks the runner at second, looks back at Mookie again. Now comes home and there's a ground ball toward the middle that's through for a base here turning thirdest Bets he'll score and Tioscar Hernandez is driven in a run. It is three to one Dodgers, and Hernandez adds to his National league leading RBI total. He now has thirty three runs bad.
Speaker 4: It is rby I single for Tao Dodgers of three to one.
Speaker 1: In the fourth, Dodgers busted it open Mookie Bets and RBI double. Freddie Freeman a RBI single, ta Oscar Hernandez an infield single with Freddy Freeman scoring on a throwing are a four run fourth for the Dodgers. Up seven to one, Sasaki would go the five Indians. He gave up three ear in run, so the Dodgers had a seven to three lead. Later in the eighth, Dodgers Big three out of the ghetto. Taani walked, Mookie walked that brought up Freddy three.
Speaker 7: One pitch at Freeman hits the ball high and deep to center field. This ball is back, and this ball is gone. Freddie Freeman with a three run homer here in Atlanta and the Dodgers lead at.
Speaker 2: Ten to three.
Speaker 7: Freeman's sixth home run of the season in his third hit of the ball game. The Dodgers have opened this one up.
Speaker 1: Three run home run for Freddy Freeman, his sixth of the season. Dodgers outlast the rain delay. They go on and win at ten to three, a game that didn't in until the wee hours after one am. Eastern rookie Sasaki the win, his first in the Big League. The Dodgers Big three they combined to go eight for thirteen, a double, two home runs, six Ribbies. They scored eight of the Dodgers ten runs.
Speaker 4: What a night.
Speaker 1: What we expect out of those guys. And with the win, the Dodgers have now won seventh straight. They're now twenty three and ten on the season, and with the weather looking good for the first time in three days at Atlanta, the Dodgers go for the sweep of the Braves on Sunday Night Baseball. Dustin May on the mound and with more we head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth of them.
Speaker 4: You say hello to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thank you very much. Sunday Night Baseball from Truest Park in Atlanta. Some clouds in the area, threat of rain maybe, but I don't think it's going to be anything like we saw the last couple of nights, especially last night.
Speaker 5: We should get through this.
Speaker 7: One unscathed, the weather wise. Dustin May starting for the Dodgers one and one. Bryce Elder going for the Braves. He's won and one, the Dodgers winning seven in a row. They win tonight, mo they'll match their best winning streak of the season at eight straight. Remember they started the season eight to zero, and they'll do something else that they've never done before, and that would be to sweep a season series against the Braves.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Braves and Dodgers have rolled around on the grass a lot over the years, and very competitive organizations, no question about that. In fact, you start to look back recent seasons, these are the two winning teams in Major League Baseball if you go back in a number of years as well. For the Dodgers, they're rolling along. Evidently that three hour and six minute rain delay to get the the game started last night did not really bother them that much, winning it by a score at.
Speaker 5: Ten to three.
Speaker 8: It was even more lopsided what the of the score was indicative of, and rather surprising because it was not as a result of the bottom four hitters in the lineup, who were combined oh for sixteen with seven strikeouts. The bulk of the load was secured by the top part of the order.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Mookie bench now has really heated up in his last six games ten for twenty five is hitting four hundred with ten runs batted in. He has an RBI at least one in the last six straight games.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: Throughout his career, he's had two seven game streaks with RBIs in each game, and both of them came in twenty sixteen when he had a near MVP campaign with Boston.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and for bench just continues to add sho Hey Otani again as a result of the bottom part of the order not really getting on base a lot. And you start to look at Otani getting it two ninety three eight home runs, and then you look to the column to the right of that, just eleven runs batted in. He's knocked himself in eight of those eleven times because when he gets to the home plate there have not been many runners on base ahead of it.
Speaker 7: Second base today, Key k Hernandez gets the start. We thought we might see has soun Kim at some point, and we might during the course of this road trip and maybe even today, who knows, but he is not going to start. Key k Hernandez will get the advance at second.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he gets the advanced at second base. Austin Barnes behind the plate doing the catching in for Barnes. Keeple bat in the number nine position at this Dodger ball club. In winning seven in a row, here's a quick number for you. The Dodgers have outscored the opposing teams This is good from an offens's numbers, and you look at the pitching too. They've outscored in those seven wins sixty three runs to twenty five. And they've also hit as a.
Speaker 5: Team three forty five batting average, five.
Speaker 7: And zero against the Atlanta Braves this year. With one to play, and it's coming up dustin May, we'll start against Bryce Elders, the Dodgers and the Braves on Sunday Night Baseball.
Speaker 4: Right here, Tim, all right, thank you guys. We cut you down to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Dodger fans, get that game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 4: Great snay, go.
Speaker 1: To shakys dot com. What are that Shaky's Bezza Chicken Mojo's for a nice Sunday night dinner. Enjoy some Sunday Night baseball as we lead you up the first pitch. Well, coming out, we'll here for the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with Damon bat Say oh, go one on one with David Cone, former pitcher analyst for ESPN Sunday Night Baseball crew. We'll break down this great pitching match up we got here. Prize picks, double play of the Day, still to come, but up next your Otani rewind as it leads up to Dodgers and Braves from Atlanta.
Speaker 4: First pitch and seven ten that should be with us Tip Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Braves Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta. Dodgers riding the seven game winning streak. Dustin May, Bryce Elder the pitching match of the first pitch seven for four ten.
Speaker 9: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 7: One two pitch swung, got belta to centerfield. That's a base hit and a leadoff single for show Hey Otani show Heltani drills the first pitch deep center field.
Speaker 2: That's Paul's back. This Paul's gone a home run.
Speaker 7: Caltani, Oh, the big show with a big fly and it's two to one Dodgers. Rocky's woes continued. There's a blasted up the middle on the ground, a base hit. Well, it just sounds so different coming off of his bat and with two outs, Otani's got a single in the fourth.
Speaker 2: He's three for.
Speaker 1: Three, Showy Otani. Last night three for four the home run you heard, his eighth of the season, on base four times including a walk. Now about in two ninety three on the season and afterwards show Hey caught up with David.
Speaker 2: The big three of Otani, Bets and Freeman their best game collectively, and my guy, the Dodger d h is here. How did it feel tonight's show Hey? How do you feel about your posture? The way you're feeling at the plate?
Speaker 10: And I think you have papoman So if any hight to me to do so, conc moscogi you go to tat so I gonna assume someb I felt like I was able to get into the game and a pretty good rhythm. I was aggressive at the plate, so I felt pretty good throughout.
Speaker 9: The whole day.
Speaker 10: I'm very happy for Rokie for his first major league win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's obviously been trying to get better every start. Where have you seen the biggest biggest growth from Rokie?
Speaker 10: Stated point Scott on this cup?
Speaker 11: Just kill out people.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 10: You know, first year you have to adjust to the mound, to the ball, just new environment. I could really relate to that. So I've seen him be able to adjust to that almost every start, so I'm really happy for him.
Speaker 2: Shure, Hey, you love sleep? Have you ever played a game this late?
Speaker 11: You nice and we'll hire cut the.
Speaker 9: No, Let's go back home and sleep.
Speaker 2: Sounds good. I'll talk to you next time you hit another four hundred foot home run.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Show Hey otanio Davidvesse, brought to you by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 4: Ready to donate your old car?
Speaker 1: Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's cars with a case. Still they come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vassa will go one on one with David Cone from the ESPN.
Speaker 4: But I'm next.
Speaker 1: We'll get you an injury report. Hey, well, here for the manager, Dave roberts As. We're leading up to Dodgers and Braves Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta. Dodgers riding a seven game winning stree, looking get the sweep over the Braves. I'm Tim Kas's the World CAMPI in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 1: Bron Goo Causino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday afternoon, and you have the first pitch Dodgers and Braves. Moron Go Casino resort and spy grant Slam for a good times. Dustin May on the Mount, Bryce Elder will go for the Braves. First pitch set.
Speaker 4: For four ten.
Speaker 9: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 1: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Tommy Edmund placed on the IL yesterday with the sore right ankle. You'll miss this road trip. Tyler Glass now on the I L at the shoulder inflammation. Blake Snell on the I L with the left shoulder soreness. Blake tryn It moved to the sixty day I L with the right forearm tightness. Michael Kopek on the sixty day IL bruised Dark Gratol on the sixty day I L. Clayton Kershaw. The countdown continues. Scheduled to come off the IL in two weeks. Yes, Clayton Kershaw, we could see him in two weeks back pitching for the Dodgers as he is in the minor league's rehabbing and building up his arm. All right, let's head back out to Atlanta. Get the pregame thought to the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 2: One questions for.
Speaker 5: Dave David can you just describe dude? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 9: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 12: I think he's a little around the baseball. I think he's a little uphill. So when you're up and around, those are bad combo. So he's working through it. He's working through it, buddy. The work is good. I just I trust him as a player.
Speaker 5: I do we talk about with a young players if you played appearances before you make a judgment.
Speaker 8: With a guy with a track record, Is there a number or is there a time when you just have to say will.
Speaker 5: It's like an ample?
Speaker 10: There is?
Speaker 12: I just that's not even on my radar. With Michael, it's our job to find a way with him, to find a way to get him to get his footing and get back to being the player that.
Speaker 3: That he's been his career.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's still might pick to click.
Speaker 10: How more we starts plays?
Speaker 12: So Clayton is gonna go on Tuesday, full start in Arizona. Because of the weather situation, so he can fitch in Arizona, and he's not eligible until May eighteenth, so it's not gonna be before May eighteenth. So at what time he's penciled in, I don't know, but that's where we're kind.
Speaker 3: Of where to be pretty much ready by eighteen.
Speaker 12: We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: Dave, are you expecting him even two more starts before there's even a conversation about that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think yeah. He makes this on Tuesday, then uh, you know, call it Sunday or Monday something like that, then we'll kind of have that conversation. See where the calendar.
Speaker 1: All right, there's Dave Roberts talking about Michael Conforno and then certainly, as we mentioned, Clayton Kershaw and making a couple more starts in the Minor Leagues Act. He could be activated on May eighteenth? Will he be activated that day? As soon as possible?
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts says they still want to see some more from Clayton Kershaw, and we continue here.
Speaker 4: I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: We'll check in with David bet Say, so, lead you out to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Braves from Tim Kates's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta. Final game of the series, Dodgers and Braves, Dustin May and Bryce Elder the pitching matchup. We'll hear from David Cone coming up in about twenty minutes, but.
Speaker 6: First joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tack.
Speaker 2: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 9: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 4: All right, DV.
Speaker 1: The first two games of this series, rain was a big factor, either in the eighth in a Friday night's game or last night the three hours leading up to just get the first pitch off, and last night that came didn't get over after one o'clock in the morning Eastern Standard time.
Speaker 4: How the guy's feeling this afternoon.
Speaker 2: A lot of guys are feeling really good, especially after winning the game last night. Shoe Ao Tani arrived in the Dodger clubhouse a little later than usual. We all know how much he values his sleep. He told us as much. After the game last night, I asked Yamamoto how many hours of sleep he got, and he said seven and a half hours, And he said everybody else very sleepy in the clubhouse. But talking to bank Caspirius as well, he said, you know what, we all were happy we got the game in. It would have been really bad if we stayed here until ten o'clock at night Eastern time and we're sent back home to come back and play a doubleheader today. So that was the consensus from the players I spoke to. Once they were here until nine nine thirty at night Eastern time, they were in deep to play a game. It would have been a worst case scenario if the Braves and Major League Baseball all of a sudden said, you know what, let's go back home. But they waited it out, as Dave Roberts said, hunkered down, and they got the game in and won. They're seventh in a row.
Speaker 4: David has driven by four.
Speaker 1: There's one thing we like his choices, fine yours With the fort f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric, tough, this mark can only be called the F one fifty. David going to Miami for the next three games, what's the plan I guess pitching wise for this Dodgers team down there.
Speaker 2: Well, in some form or fashion, you're going to have Ben Casparius tomorrow, whether it's as a starter or a bulk innings pitcher, that's for certain. Another certainty is Tony Gonsolin on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday in Miami, take your pick up, possibly Landon Nak, Justin Robleski, Bobby Miller, one of those guys I haven't looked at when they're lined up, but there's a good chance you're going to see one of those guys get a spot start again. And one thing that Dave Roberts talked about before the Dodgers embarked on this ten game, ten day road trip was Freddie Freeman getting a day off because he is not going to have him play ten in a row. And it kind of feels like the Dodgers are going to treat those three games in Miami in this stretch of ten consecutive games as a load management series. It's not like they're gonna sit every regular, but guys like Freddie Freeman are not going to play ten straight days. You're going to probably see Hessan Kim get us start in Miami as well. You're going to see Mookie Bets possibly get a day off as well. So it feels like the Dodgers are going to treat that three game series, part of this ten straight game stretch on the road as a load management series, so they're ready to go for the weekend series against the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 1: David Mookie Betts, we touched on it yesterday, kind of felt like he's getting hotter and hotter, and man, he is really starting to heat of.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and you know what he's not, I mean hitting the ball with authority like he can. He's getting base hits. He homered in the first game of this series here in Atlanta and that was the difference in the game. So all of a sudden, now Mookie is starting to drive in runs. And last night, I don't feel like it's an overstatement to say that it was the best night collectively by the big three of Otani, Betts, and Freeman, and Mookie's a big part of that. He's coming up with runners on base, whether it's the lineup turning over or Otani getting on base. So he said last night that he has to go back to having fun and stop putting so much pressure on himself, and when he does that, he performs at his best, no.
Speaker 4: Doubt about it.
Speaker 1: To I appreciate it. We'll check back you with you in just a couple of minutes. Still to come here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll hear from David Kohn, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll get you the keys to the game. We also got your prize picks double Play of the Day. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. Yes, May fourth, a big day as far as Dodger no hitters is concerned. That is coming up next as we lead jump to first pitch from Atlanta Sunday Night Baseball Dodgers and Braves. I'm Tim Katson's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Brave Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta Dodgers for riding the seven game winning streak Dustin May, We'll take the Mountain first pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 9: Who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfey.
Speaker 6: Magical moment Bitch Magical present by Hawby Hot Jobs.
Speaker 1: We go back seven years May fourth, twenty eighteen, Dodgers in Montorey, Mexico taking on the San Diego Padres. Walker Buehler got the start and on that day Bueller and three relievers combined for a no note.
Speaker 13: Lippertur has the sign from Grandal he sat at the belt.
Speaker 5: Here comes the pitch tory on and miss strike.
Speaker 13: Three a no hitter, the first combined no hitter and tonight four for the price of one, beginning with Bueller, then Cingarani, then Garcia, then Lipertour and on the thirteenth and final strikeout of the game, the Dodgers shut out the San Diego Padres on no hits. A no hitter south of the border in Montteray and the fireworks go off.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and eighteen, May fourth, in Monterey, Mexico, Walker Bueler, Tony s Granni, Yimi Garcia, and Adam Libertoor combined for a no hitter against the San Diego Padres. This Hofey magical moment, brought to by Hafey Hot talks offfy So Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey Hot talks, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back you on Rick Monday and we'll get your Prize Picks Double Play of the Day leading up to Dodgers and Brave Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta. I'm Tim Katsis is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 9: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Brave Sunday Night Baseball. Dodgers looking for the sweep in Atlanta. Dustin May on the Mount first pitch set for.
Speaker 4: Four ten, got him with the two for.
Speaker 2: One hard shot to third throws the second first.
Speaker 9: Double What teams? This is the Price Picks Double Play of the Deck.
Speaker 1: Join me and millions of other baseball fans as we play daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks.
Speaker 4: It's so easy.
Speaker 1: Join us, download the free Prize Picks app and sign up using the code go blue because they're gonna get fifty dollars instantly when you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 4: It's so easy. Sign up with the code go Blue.
Speaker 1: Enjoy daily fantasy baseball at Prize Picks.
Speaker 4: It's so easy to play.
Speaker 1: You pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to two thousand times your catch strikeouts, RBIs, hits, home runs, you name it, first inning runs. You pick more or less at price Picks and use the code go blue when you sign up. All right, more or less half a hit for Freddy Freeman tonight, I'm gonna say more for Freddy in Atlanta. Also more or less two and a half hits runs and RBIs combined for Mookie bets more more than two and a half hits runs and RBIs for Mookie. Those are my two prize picks today. Prize Picks used the promo code go blue. Get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars. Line up Prize Picks, run your game.
Speaker 6: And now joined by David bas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Well, Rick Monday, I hope you got some sleep Yamamoto told me he got seven and a half hours of sleep last night.
Speaker 5: Do you sleep on the bus stay here at the ballpark?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think everybody got you know what here's the deal.
Speaker 8: The evenings did not seem as long when you're victorious. It takes more out of you when you lose. And the Dodgers, well, they had not been losing seven consecutive games in the win column. How about this number. We'll talk about it more on the pregame show too, But they've outscored the opponents in the seven games sixty three runs to twenty five. Now that's good from an offensive standpoint. They need to start to think, Hey, wait a minute, the pitching staff has been doing a good job holding the opposing team down to low scores.
Speaker 2: One thing that we should talk about, Rick, is perception versus reality. We take Inventoria.
Speaker 8: You need to talk about that too, because I have people, I have people out there, and all of a sudden, you're becoming a not only a YouTube sensation, you're becoming an infomercial person. And just want to let you know that my peeps gave me a call and understand it, you know, okay, commercial guy, huh.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mark Goobaza recruited me, Okkake recruited.
Speaker 8: What was the name of the movie, Sleeping with the Enemy. Not that Gooby is his enemy. He's a good buddy of yours, a good friend of ours as well.
Speaker 2: He's no threat for what for a lot of different.
Speaker 8: Things, and he'll hear about what you just said, just like I found out about you doing the commercial.
Speaker 2: How about the Dodgers not getting a lot of production from third base and left field, yet like you mentioned, they've scored sixty three runs, they've won seven in a row and have baseballs best record. How scary is that for everybody else?
Speaker 5: For example?
Speaker 8: And I'm glad you brought it up because if we look last night at the bottom part of the order, we've been talking about that the bottom part seven, eight, and nine in particular started to swing the bad better. Well last night six seven, eight, and nine were combined over sixteen was seven strikeouts. And for Max Munsey, we're hoping that the new prescription by doctor Luke kind of works out, because you know, after this road trip and then the first homestand we'll be at the quarter mark of the season and there's some guys that are looking at rather anemic numbers from an offensive standpoint.
Speaker 2: As far as groupings of hitters in the Dodger lineup, last night, the big three of Otawi, Bets and Freeman really carried the water. Do you feel like that was or I should ask you was it an overstatement to say that was the best single game they've had together this season.
Speaker 8: For recent memory. Yes, I think it probably was. And for Mookie Betts continues to hit the ball six consecutive games now he is knocked in a run. We're still not seen as a result of the bottom of the order not really producing constantly. You know, you look at show, hey Otani, he's hitting over two ninety, but only eleven runs batted in, and he's knocked in eight of those eleven by hitting home runs.
Speaker 2: What have you seen from Otani this season?
Speaker 8: Do we take for granting different I've seen different swings. It reminds me almost you and I have had this conversation. It reminds me occasionally in a bat the very first time that we saw Otani with the Angels during the Freeway series, where he was anxious, he was pulling off the ball, and we turned around and said, this is the guy that we've been hearing about. Well, he learned about look staying in there. He understands his swing very very well, the mechanics of it. You can just look at him and be able to figure that out. He's going to figure it out and have more repetition of good swings. He still has a tendency to get a little to pull off the ball a little bit more that that front right shoulder kind of pulls off being a left handed batter, and as soon as that shoulder goes, you know, the chin goes with it and you pull off, you don't really get the good plate coverage. He's going to figure it out because he's been able to do it. He's still a threat every time he comes to home plate. I'm sad it before. I'll continue to say it. Nobody leaves their seat the once he even gets the on deck circle. I'm gonna talk about in the batter's box. Once he's in the on deck circle, everybody says, I'll wait till next ending you have got something to drinker.
Speaker 2: That's even the case for me. I'm not going anywhere when he's coming to the player.
Speaker 5: Wise man, you don't want to miss something that's right.
Speaker 2: Rick, I'm well rounded. As they say in a lot of different.
Speaker 5: Ways, Snowball, get out of here.
Speaker 2: Skinny fat guys signing off for now, We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 5: In the skinny fat guy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's the description.
Speaker 5: You're confused today.
Speaker 2: Tam will send it back to you in the studio. We're having a great time or we're still sleep deprived and delirious.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, thank you very much. That's the Dodgers game plan. Dodger fans, do you have a plan start your future to California and get community college financeel aid to have ailble to help you with tuition, the books and yeah and sometimes the rent.
Speaker 4: It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill it quickly.
Speaker 1: So on role today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, Rick and Tim will have the keys to the game. I'm gonna break down this pitching matchup. But up next we'll go high and tight with David Cone ESPN. He's on the call tonight, Sunday Night Baseball Dodgers and Braves. First pitch of four ten, I'm Tim Kates. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Braves from Atlanta. Dodgers looking for the three games sweep, looking to win the eighth in a row. Hustin May on the mound, ready to live the Zenchy Sweet Live. Here's your shot at an unforgettable night in Los Angeles. Two premium Sweet tickets to a game later this month, complete with gourmet food, drinks, and preferred parking. It's luxury, it's exclusive, and it's just one scan away. Yes, head to the Zench Sushi counter nearly Delhi at any participating Rouse grocery store. Just walk in, scan the QR code and enter for your chance to win this once in a lifetime experience.
Speaker 4: All the details at m FI seven DLA sports dot com. But it's easy.
Speaker 1: Find the zen She counter inside of participating Rouse grocery store. Scan the QR code with your phone. You know how to, dude that didn't enter for your chance to win Zench Sushi, Fast, fresh and easy. Find it at your local Rouse, right by the deli counter.
Speaker 6: David, Now, what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 9: This this high and tight.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: We are in Atlanta and I'm honored to be joined right now by a man that does a great job on Sunday Night Baseball. It helps that he's a Cy Young Award winner, a five time World Series champion, and that's the one and only David Cohne. David, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciated my pleasure any time to be on with you. Your Yankees twenty five years ago was the last major League team to repeat as champions. What does it take for this Dodger team to be able to even consider attempting that?
Speaker 14: Well, obviously, you know, the people talk about health, the overall health of a team. That's a big key, you know that everybody knows. But really, to me, it comes down to the emotional part. How bad you want it, you know, how how aggressively you pursue that as a team, and you know, sometimes it really just comes down to that how relentless you are, And the Dodgers are relentless.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't think that's gonna be.
Speaker 14: A problem, but you'd be surprised that some players sort of you know, once you reach the mountain, you scale the mountain, and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the off season is a little shorter.
Speaker 14: Maybe you're not quite as motivated, Maybe you're a little too satisfied. I don't see those signs from the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It's funny you said that because I spoke to your former manager, Joe to a couple of days ago, and he said, the one thing you have to fight off is admiring what you did the year before.
Speaker 14: That's key, you know Joe Torre's you know it says it better than me, But yes, that's really you know, the sentiment in a nutshell is just the motivation factors. How motivated are you to be great? How motivated are you to have a legacy? How motivated are you to sort of be remembered as a dynasty?
Speaker 3: And that's what you got going on here.
Speaker 14: Historically speaking, you're going to ten twenty years from now, you're going to look back on this air and say, that was the dynasty and did we do all we could to make sure.
Speaker 3: That it happened?
Speaker 2: How did David Conan the Yankees twenty five years ago stay motivated not when it got to October, but during the marathon.
Speaker 3: Of the season. It was the same thing.
Speaker 14: It was a relentless professionalism. It was just a never too high, never too low kind of a mentality of you know, you forget the losses, you forget the tough games. You're ready for today, You're ready for the next game, and you really do.
Speaker 3: Just stay in the present.
Speaker 14: That's where that mentality comes through, is when you just think about we played today, We win today, today's game. That is all that matters. I'm not worried about tomorrow. I'm not worried about yesterday.
Speaker 2: David Cone is our guest five time World Series champion, and for a period of time there in the late eighties and the early nineties, whenever a team wanted to get over the hump, they seem to acquire David Cohne, whether it was the Yankees, the Blue Jays, obviously you had that type of championship, DNA. What makes a player be able to be that type of guy that you were?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 14: I was just kind of forced into it, you know, Initially I didn't. Maybe I wore out my welcome a little bit here and there. Maybe it was because I was going to be a free agent, and I was known as a guy who's going to push the system a little.
Speaker 3: Bit and test the market. So sometimes I put you in a.
Speaker 14: Position to be traded as well, but yeah, I just remember being you know, sort of you know, just this fear, this fear of failure in the big moments that really kind of drives you. You didn't want to let your teammates down. You knew they were counting on you. I knew the fan base was counting on you when you got traded. So that was that was motivation in and of itself, because you didn't want to let him down, and you knew that was that was your calling card that you had to come through in those kind of moments.
Speaker 2: I know he's not here right now, but he will be in Clayton Kershawn. I've just been around him his entire career. There there seemed to be that intensity and dedication that raised everybody's focus and level of play. You were intense. I remember watching you pitch very intense. Did you accept anything less from your guys?
Speaker 14: No, Actually, that that collectively, it's a great question. Collectively, that's how the players police themselves in the clubhouse. You hold each other accountable. And uh, there's certainly a lot of things that happen in a major league clubhouse that you never hear about in the media. But I guarantee you those are Those are conversations that happened. Those are confrontations that happened. We certainly had our share in the nineties where you challenge each other and if you don't step up, or if you're not showing up ready, or you're not prepared, or you're not taking it seriously enough, you get called out in club houses like the Dodgers, like the Yankees back in the day. Yeah, that's called policing yourselves.
Speaker 3: And that's called accountability.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. David Cohene is our guest before I let you go. Everybody from Barry Bonds to David Vase has shared their opinion on whether or not Shoho Tani should pitch again. Where do you fall on that.
Speaker 3: I let him do what he wants to do. He's earned it. Yes, he should pitch again.
Speaker 14: You absolutely should pitch again, especially when you think that the Dodgers and the type of games are going to play in September and down the stretch run and potential postseason. Absolutely, he should pitch again. Everybody wants to see that is their risk involved. Of course, there's always risk involved, but you know that's what he wants and that's why he signed here because he was guaranteed.
Speaker 3: That he would be able to do both. So if he's game, I'm game. Let the show. Hey do what he wants, all right?
Speaker 2: Love it, David, Thanks a lot for the time, and appreciate you always being so kind. A five time world champion being able to be as normal as you are.
Speaker 3: Not my pleasure, David, any time for you.
Speaker 2: Hey, the man, my favorite Royal not Mark Gooba is a there he goes. David Cone has been our guest, one of the greatest pictures of his generation, and here receive a pair of sunglasses to Canaan Canaan's world's best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit Canaan dot com for your pair, Tim, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell Gooby you said that David about David Comby and he is your favorite Royal player.
Speaker 4: I mean, come on, all right.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky Spizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers' audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's grew Up night. At Shaky's dot com. Lean you up to first bitch from Truest Park in Atlanta. Up next, we'll break down this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasse's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Brave Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 6: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 1: Matchup Forresented by your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard, in play hard, and a new Tacoma with an I Force turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today.
Speaker 4: They make it easy.
Speaker 1: Bryce Elder on the mound, twenty five year old right hand or fifth round picking twenty twenty out of Texas fourth season the Big League's making his six start this year. He started the year in TRIPLEA, but called up quickly last time out. Six innings, three runs, five hits, four strikeouts in a win over the Rockies. He's one and one with a five to thirty three RRA. He's got an ERA just over five and a half in four career appearances against the Dodgers. He allowed three runs, including two home runs, in four innings at his previous start against them this year. It was also his season debut with the Atlanta Bray Since getting called up, he's still looking for that first win in his career against the Dodgers. Dustin May code red, we'll go for the Dodgers one and one with the three ninety five ERA. The twenty seven year old right hander finally healthy after missing twenty three and twenty four, making his six start here in twenty twenty five last time out five and a third innings, three runs, five hit, three strikeouts and a no decision against the Marlins. He'll face the Braves for the third time in his career ozer one to one with a five to fourteen ERA. Making his second start against them this year on Sunday Night Baseball and his season debut against the Braves when five innings, allowed one run, struck out six and a no decision. That was his first start pack in April, is first since March twenty twenty three. So it's Dustin May and Bryce Elder, Dodgers and Braves. We are fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Bray's final game of this three game set that it's off to Miami.
Speaker 4: Dustin May, Bryce Elder the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Let's ted back out the truest park in Atlanta on Tim Neverrick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tam, thanks again, we get you ready for the first pitch here in Atlanta, the first city of a three city road trip. Dodgers will leave immediately following this one, head to Miami and play the Marlins in the first of three tomorrow night. But first things first, trying to win the season series and get their second sweep. Remember early in the season they swept them at Dodger Stadium and they won the first two. Looking for a third, Dustin May continues to throw the sweeper and the two seam fastball. So his sweeper and two seam combination accounts for seventy four to seventy five percent of the pitches that he throws.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And the other part two is I think it's more by design than anything else. We've seen a drop off in velocity of that's not bad when you're still getting the outs. Lefties had made a lot abouts, hitting just one ninety four and for Dustin May it was no April Fools start he had against the Brains in LA, where he went the five innings one run on just one hit in that period of time. And for Bryce Elder he started the next night against the Dodgers in that series in LA and he went the four innings three runs on just three hints, but two of the three hints for home runs. Confordo hit one. Tommy Edmund, unfortunately he's on the injured list, hit the other one against Elder.
Speaker 7: And Elders started the season in Triple A this year, but since he's been up, he got roughed up a little bit early on and lately he has settled down. But he is going to make another start against the Dodgers. He has faced them five times before with an ERA of five to fifty nine, so the Dodgers have hit him around a little bit in the past.
Speaker 8: And he's not a guy that throws hard at all. He averages ninety one point two miles an hour that's well below the average in Major League Baseball at ninety three. He does throw a very high percentage of sliders over thirty five percent have been something that's a little bit hard to along with a changeup.
Speaker 7: Dodgers are twenty three and ten, major league's best record, and they're the only team in Major League Baseball now with multiple winning streaks of seven games or more.
Speaker 5: Looking to make it eight in a.
Speaker 7: Row this evening in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Tim all Right first pitches next, Dodgers and Brays afterwards.
Speaker 4: I'll if you cover with the postgame shows.
Speaker 1: Then the Dodgers head to Miami to continue this ten game road trick.
Speaker 4: Bryce Elder, Dustin May Dodgers Brays first pitches next, Mark Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim kase is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network