Speaker 1: It's nice eyes Dan Ray Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: So we lost Steve, our caller from Maine. Steve, if you want to call back, we'll get you on because I kind of short changed you before the break. But if you are done, that's okay. This is a little bit more of that interview yesterday with the Cole Shanahan. This is a podcast, our podcast called Impact Theory. The host is a fellow named Tom Bill. You no idea. He sat down with Nicole Shanahan. She is the multi millionaire from Silicon Valley who was considered quite liberal and her money has in large part funded the Bobby Robert F. Kennedy Junior RKA Junior's campaign, and she was asked by the host if the campaign had talked both to Donald Trump into the Democrats. There was at least one network reporter tonight, I believe was from ABC who said that there had been conversations or there was been to reach out from the Kennedy campaign to both Trump and the Democrats. This is the question. She calls it fake news. This is Nicole Shanahan yesterday, cut twenty two. Please we're up, all right.
Speaker 3: There were rumors going around that RFK was in talks with Trump that he was in talks with the Harris camp for potential endorsement to either of them if they could give him, I presume a spot in one of their cabinets. Is there any truth to it? I'd love to hear about that.
Speaker 4: Definitely not in talks with Harris. Definitely never have brought up this idea of an endorsement with Harris. Definitely ever brought up a cabinet position with Harris. So those those are the MSN just taking something and spinning it in a way that makes you know their chosen political group look good.
Speaker 5: Fake news, fake news?
Speaker 2: Where have I heard that trim before? I got a couple of lines at six, one, seven, two, ten thirty. Let me go next to Marty and Florida. Marty, welcome back. How are you? I know you're a Trump supporter. I assume you're pleased with this news.
Speaker 6: I am very pleased. But let me say one thing, and this is to anybody who is not who doesn't think they're going to vote for Trump right now, we're in a terrible situation in this country. If you heard comrade Obama speak, the guy sounds like a communist. Bernie Bernie Sanders is a communist, So we have an opportunity to either put in communists or put in Donald Trump. Anybody who's going to analyze anything about Donald Trump is either very immature or else very selfish, because he's the only one. He's the only one right now that makes sense to vote. If we don't vote for him, there's going to be a serious problem in this country.
Speaker 2: Now I jump in, Marty, let me jump in for a second. I want you to take a breath. First of all, I don't think labeling people with whom you and I might both disagree as communists is helpful because I think that that word has been thrown around, and both you and I are old enough to remember it being thrown around by other people. Just because Bernie Sanders is an avowed socialist, it's a big step from being a socialist to being a communist. I mean, a communist is Vladimir Putin, is Joe Stalin, as Nikita Krushchev is Leonid Brezhnev, is you know, is the leaders of North Korea? Uh again, it's you know, a communist is the current president of China, It's milesse Toung. It's I just think that that that is from many people, a step way too far. That's all. I don't think it helps your argument.
Speaker 6: Okay, now listen to this. First of all, Comrade Obama never had any private job. He spent his whole life in politics. He never was in a situation where he had a business, where he created jobs or whatever. Bernie Sanders, I think there's there's Republicans also who have been elected early in their career.
Speaker 2: I mean, what did Mitch.
Speaker 6: Mccau I'm not talking about I'm talking about Donald Trump. Donald Trump has so many enterprises.
Speaker 2: No, No, I agree with you, and if you and if you focus on that, I agree with you. But I'm just saying that.
Speaker 6: Also, also, when we remember uh Obama's wife, Michelle, when when Obama got elected, Michelle set up until previously, I couldn't be proud of his country. You know what, I'm a working class person, I'm a retired policeman, I'm from a blue collar background, whatever. I've always been proud of this country for many different reasons. So they're on a gang, a gang that's supporting Harris and I don't care.
Speaker 2: By the way, I think that the the remark that you made about which was accurate about Michelle Obama was absolutely accurate. And when she said that back in twenty and sixteen, I thought to myself, you're a family member has to be elected president of the United States before you're proud to be an American.
Speaker 6: That's also another thing. Sanders is so wacky because he's supposed to be Jewish. He doesn't support Israel.
Speaker 2: Well, Marty, you know as well as I do that Bernie Sanders, if he was on the phone with us, would say that he supports Israel, but he supports it in a different way. I mean, I just think that that at this point, you want to bring people to you, not push them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, but let me say this about Bobby Kennedy Junior. YEP, I don't have anything against him. I always looked at him with let's say, potential, and what I'm looking at him now with his voice problem. I think that the Democrats would consider him as damaged goods. Remember what they did to what was it, Senator Eagleton. There was two candidates, one candidate for a president they dumped because he had cancer and another one had a history of mental problems. So according to the Devil.
Speaker 2: Eagleton, for those who don't remember, and you have a good memory. Eagleton had been chosen. He was a senator from Missouri. Tommy Eagleton had been chosen by George mcgovernor be his vice president in n his vice presidential nominee in nineteen seventy two, and it came to be to the public's knowledge that Eagleton at that point had spent some time counseling with a psychologist, which today most people have done that at some point in their life. Okay, there's no shame in that. But in nineteen seventy two, that was fifty two years ago, he withdrew as vice president of candidate, and Sergeant Shriver became the candidate who ran with George McGovern and they lost forty nine of the fifty saints. But again, you know, yeah.
Speaker 6: I reveal myself as his three boy. I'm seventy seven. On anything that ever happened in my lifetime, I remember it, and everybody else should remember it.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: Your recollection on Eagleton is correct. Your recollection of Michelle Obama's comments are correct, Okay, And I think that was a disgraceful comment that she made because it almost sounded to me like until her husband was elected president. She wasn't out of the United States. Wouldn't it be great if everyone could be married to someone who's the president of the United States. But there's three hundred and thirty million people in this country. And that was a crazy comment that she made. And she had gone to the finest schools. I think she had gone to Princeton and I believe she went to Harvard Law School as well as President Obama, they were blessed with opportunities that most people could only dream about.
Speaker 6: And I would like, I would like people like Michelle and Comrade Obama that if they can find.
Speaker 2: In any country around the world, you don't have to identify Kenya and Nigeria. Frankly doesn't help your argument. They did. Just say any country around the world. Name of a country that you'd that you'd prefer to live in. I can't think of one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but they're supposed to be black there or African American, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That sounds racist on your part when you say they should go to Kenya Nigeria, you don't want to go, yead.
Speaker 6: I said, if they went there to better get a better life, they come here, they take advantage. Obama right now is a multi millionaire. He lives in places that I couldn't afford.
Speaker 2: To question yep.
Speaker 6: And I would like them to say good things about this country. And I don't think they feel good about this country, but they feel good about what they can get from this country.
Speaker 2: All right, Marty, you got it all in. You didn't take the advice, but nonetheless, thank.
Speaker 6: You for looking Kennedy supporting the guy on Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see what happens. Thank you, Marty. Appreciate the golf. Steven Maine has come back here. We'll give him a couple of minutes on the other side because he apparently had lost contact. Well, we owe him a couple of minutes. But I got one line for you if you want six one seven. He got ron Bob Fran coming up as well. We're going to talk about this till midnight tomorrow night. By the way, you will be able to hear here on on nightside on WBZ the acceptance speech of Vice President Harris in front of the Democratic National Convention in its entirety. We may talk about what tone she needs to strike tomorrow night, beginning at nine o'clock, and then of course, we will react to what she has to say tomorrow night, so that'll be probably the dominant part of the conversation tomorrow night, after our eight o'clock hour with our special guests, as we do every night for guests during the nightside news update. Back on Nightside, we will be right back, and I want to hear from as many of you as possible. I'm certainly looking forward to more Robert F. Kennedy supporters. Are you surprised? Are you happy? Are you disappointed? I assume most of you have some sense of disappointment, But are you prepared to follow his lead? If his lead is as many are anticipating, as all the networks are not reporting, is that he intends to endorse Donald Trump. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way Live from the Window World to night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, you're going to see a story in The Globe tomorrow morning. I don't want anyone to be shocked by this, particularly those of you who support Senator Elizabeth Warren. The Globe, which is doing some really interesting journalism, decided to figure out amongst the New England Congressional delegation, which means senators and congress people from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. That's the New England delegation. How many of them come from families that owned slaves, that their ancestors owned slaves, leading the Leading the field, Elizabeth Warren, she comes from people who owned fourteen slaves. Maggie Hassen in New Hampshire, her family her ancestors owned thirteen slaves. Jean Shaheen of New Hampshire, her ancestors owned ten slaves. And Angus Kane of Maine, his ancestors owned nine slaves. No other members of the congressional delegation in any of the other states owned slaves. None from Massachusetts, none from Rhode Island, none from Connecticut, none from Vermont. And Elizabeth Warrant of all people, her family owned the most slaves. You can't make this stuff up, Steve. You called back, We lost you there. I give you a couple of minutes here finish up your thoughts.
Speaker 8: Please go ahead, Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 8: The I guess that the recap I was seeing it originally as as a protest vote, and this year probably aware in May they've signed on to that that that hideous system of no matter what, because we we've split the electoral college votes. Yes, of that, the regardless of what the voters are made to, whoever wins the popular vote will get all of our delegates. So Trump Trump is never doing anything they can to take Wait. I thought I thought that I thought.
Speaker 2: Correct me if I'm wrong. But I thought that name like Nebraska have some congressional district so in prior elections, Uh, the district up north has tended to go Republican and the district down south where you are tends to go democratic. I thought that there's been a couple of elections where Maine has I think four delegates. Uh, you know, four electoral votes because you have two US Senators and two members of Congress, and that you can get either uh you know, either four all four electoral votes or if you split, if you win one district or and lose the other two votes, that you could have a three to one split as opposed to four nothing split? Is that not? Has that case changed?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 8: What they've done is the legislature are signed on. There was a movement across the country that various states voted to follow the popular vote. So Trump has won the second district in Maine up north the last two elections and picked up the electoral college vote. People laugh at him the first time around when he was coming to the northern district and and and stumping. But get worked out.
Speaker 2: Right, so that that now is is over in Maine. And so Maine, whatever the statewide vote is, the candidate the Winds would get all four of means electoral votes. Interesting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, I can't recall exactly how that landed. It had to have some majority of basically democratically controlled states to to to join.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna check. I'm gonna check that out because they don't want to give out you know, you you're in Maine. I'm not so I'm assuming you know more than I do. But you know, we'll see. Go go ahead. What's your other point, man?
Speaker 8: The you know, the it was kind of an interesting thought, even though it was a protest vote that you know, hey I got I get a chance to vote for the Kennedy lineage. You know, yeah, I didn't think that was going to happen in my lifetime. But and then the final thought is how the Kennedy cousins and and and in fact siblings are are against Bobby Jr.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but by the way I'm looking at I think, if I'm not mistaken here, that Maine has not changed that so.
Speaker 8: Well, the legislature did approve it, but it was it was dependent on a certain number of other states also approving it in order for it to be.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a different story. Yeah, that's a different that. That's a different story. I think what they were saying was that if if the if the pop people vote nationally was won by let us say, Hillary Clinton, no matter how Maine voted. Yeah, no, they still have the congression the district vote in Maine. Trust me on that. I think we were both talking about different.
Speaker 8: They wanted to go with the popular vote, if the popular vote nationally, which isn't our system correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, that that's a crazy that's a crazy rule. It's it's wrong. But but Maine and Nebraska are the two states that allow some voting, some of the popular votes to be distributed based upon how congressional districts vote. So you could have Donald Trump could still win one of the congressional districts, and even if he lost Maine, he would he could get one vote out of Maine, which in a very tight race could be important.
Speaker 8: On it was in twenty sixteen, Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: It was okay. Though he had three hundred and six electoral votes in twenty sixteen, he was well over the two seventy that year. So yeah, thanks Dave. Got to go.
Speaker 8: In the rank choice voting and we're a mess up here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a total mess. That's that's what I thought you were talking about originally. That is a nightmare. It is an absolute nightmare and unnecessary. Steve, I got to run, Thank you much. Let me go to Ron in Weymouth. Run next on nice, I get you in here before the newsbreak. Go ahead, run?
Speaker 9: Oh yes, Dan, Yeah. In regards to the gentleman to call from Florida, Yeah, that's the things he's saying about communism, that would be a trap. Imagine somebody going to either eat the convention, they have all the American flags, they're running through office, and he jumps up and says, you're a communist. I don't think that will go over too good. So that's it's just a trap. But regards to the upcoming election, if the Democrats go according to what their agenda at the convention, which is all thinking about his abortions, gender rights, and civil rights and not talk about the price of gas, economy, housing, food. Uh, they're going to lose, and I I do believe that they will lose anyhow, And I believe that Trump will win. I will win, and I think it's going to be a hell of a battle. The biggest dawning book I think anybody's ever seen. But I mean, I'll give my percentages up. If you want to do them tonight, I'll call them another night.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, we do this thing the last Friday of every month at eleven o'clock and we ask people to fall in and tell us how they're feeling, and we will get to a percentage thing. But we'll do that probably sometimes in October. The Wall Street Journal had a very interesting article today on some of the issues that Tim Wallas has supported. He's guaranteed tuition free college for students from lower income families, including undocumented migrants or indocumented immigrants or illegal immigrants. He allowed illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses. He obviously is a proponent of abortions. He believes in the right to choice. He strengthened background checks on gun purchases. He increased capital gains taxes, which generally affects wealthy individuals. He's a he's a very progressive guy, and I think that that in a national election, that will help him in some states and probably hurt him in others.
Speaker 9: I agree with you on in total, with all what you said, and like I say, everybody thinks, O. They just talk off the top of their heads because what it looks like and what is projected like now is it's not over yet. Okay, there's we still got well just a couple of months there.
Speaker 2: Three months.
Speaker 6: It can change, it can change.
Speaker 9: It's going to go back and forth. And unfortunately with some of the media which keeps steering everybody, as we all know, I think people are getting smarter to that now from what we've heard in the last three years. Going on with the illustration.
Speaker 2: We will see. Uh, it's two and a half months. You're you're you're much more accurate than I am. It's about I think seventy five days at this point, so about two and eight months. Remember fifth, make sure everyone should make sure they vote. Thanks Ron.
Speaker 9: They should, they should, they should vote. And the people who don't vote, they have no say, even if they call you up and not a voter, well, doesn't mean you know.
Speaker 2: They can still call you, still call So thanks Ron. Back soon again to take a very quick break. We got news at the bottom of the hour, going to try to get everybody in. I have well two lines. I got one at six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty that will fill quickly, and I got one in six one, seven, nine three one ten thirty. We'll see which one of those fills first, and then we'll be right back right after the news at the bottom of the hour. Here on night Side, you're listening w B If you're out there somewhere listening, and I know that at any given night there's somebody who's driving a car and you are listening to my voice right now and you're saying where there's the station from. It's WBZ in Boston where ten thirty and your am dial. I encourage you to lock us in and even better, give us a call. Tell us where you're listening from, because we enjoy hearing from new callers, and we always enjoy hearing from callers from other parts of the country. My name's Dan Ray. Back on Nightside right after.
Speaker 1: This, it's Nightside with Dan Ray on wb Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're talking about the possibility or at this point it appears to be the probability that RFK Junior is gonna suspend or end his presidential campaign and endorse Donald Trump. I mean, surprise after surprise. Let's go to Bob and Hopkinson. Bob, you're next on Nightside.
Speaker 7: Vocal Harry, Dan, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. Bob. What's your thought on this very interesting development?
Speaker 7: Well, I got a couple of comments. First of all, I want to congratulate you on your professionalism and trying to bring both sides together. Were definitely locked in the cultural war that we've been locked in since probably the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 2: You might be right on that. I think it goes back a long way. We worked.
Speaker 7: I worked in Father DRIs. Yeah, I worked in Father Drining's campaign, and we had a lot of crap during that two weeks. We were able to put a long term in company who supported the war on Vietnam out of office with Father Drining running. But it's hotter and haider for people.
Speaker 2: Harold Donahue. Was it Harold Donahue that he beat initially or no?
Speaker 7: Who I'm trying to remember, Phil Phil Philbin.
Speaker 2: All right, right, Phil Philbin, who was out of if I'm not mistaken, Clinton, Massachusetts.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Funny district. At that point, I will tell you this, father Driyning went to the same elementary school that I went to. It was a Catholic school called Saint Ian's School in Reedville. Believe it or not, we were not there at the same time. It was there many years before me. But I had that in common with him, and I once told him that, and he didn't have a great interest in talking about it for some reason.
Speaker 7: It was like, I, well, do you remember Bill Bratton, the police commissioner went from here to New York to la and what's yeah, Bill, I know very well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He was in my graduating class at Boston Technical High School class in nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Okay, well I used to play some sports again. I went to Latin School. In that time. Boston Tech was was as an excellent high school. An excellent high school.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was an exam school. I went to Boston Lanin for the ninth grade. They couldn't take it. They went over to Boston Tech. On the tenth grade. So you're smarter than I am.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no. All it meant was I was more stubborn and I was willing to deal with it.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: A lot of great great athletes and great great friends came out of there. A guy that I played baseball with in college, Mark Mantainis, who was a left handed picture at Boston Tech. You probably remember Mark. He was a really good picture at Boston Tech.
Speaker 7: Well, listen, in those days, we had some moral education in public schools. We had a Bible reading in the morning. It was from the Old Testament, so we wouldn't offend the Jewish students. And you know, this is what's wrong. And I'm glad you let that retired police officer who was calling Obat the Obama's comrade in Bernie Sands, a communist, because I've been with Bernie for the eight years, going back eight years, okay, when he first ran and then he granted again. And it's the same old story. They screwed Bernie. In my language, I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 2: He should have been the nominee in twenty sixteen of the Democratic Party. We said it at the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, And he would have won, he would have beat Trump. I think he would sent Trump off the retirement and that would have been it.
Speaker 2: And I said at the time that the only person back in twenty sixteen, the only person that I thought Donald Trump could beat was Hillary Clinton and exactly. And you'll let me ask you this, how does how do you how do you react? You're a Democrat? How do you react to what Robert F. Kennedy is saying tonight and that his that his vice presidential candidate is saying tonight that the establishment of the Democratic Party used all sorts of tactics against him and his campaign. And now I think that's what's going to prompt him to probably endorse Donald Trump on Friday.
Speaker 7: Well, I think he's exactly right, and I congratulate you on playing his clip. In the clip from his vice presidential candidate, I think she's only a very intelligent woman who's invested in millions of iron dollars into the campaign, and I think I think she's honest when she was saying she didn't run to be a spoiler. She ran to try to bring this country to some common sense in unity through unity, And you're right, they had at least fifteen to seventeen percent in the polls early on, and they think they should have The Democrats should have had an open primary. And Joe Biden must have known in his family and his inner circle must have known that he was slowing down, and they must have thought about how he would be four years forward into a second term, and they should have opened it up and made it a fair primary. So if he won the primary, but it was run fairly with Barbie Kennedy and whoever else wanted to run. Fine. Now, I was a Democrat for almost my entire life. I switched once back in the old days because I wanted to vote in the Republican primary here in Massachusetts before they changed the rules. Now I'm an independent because like a lot of people, we say, look, we didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left us. And they are extremists, you know. They're the ones that want absolutely no restrictions against abortion, but when it comes to gun control, they want all kinds of restrictions. Now, why don't we get together and the people on both sides of the gun issue, both sides of the abortion issue, both sides of the border issue, get together, put their heads together and used some calm and snatch Back in the day when I supported father Drining when he ran for Congress, he used to call me a radical liberal.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, he was, he really was. So let me ask you this two questions, and I got other calls, so I got up as much as is this the first time you called? And know you've called before? Right? Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I go way back to David braudnos.
Speaker 2: So my question to you is this, what's of an impact if it goes as I think all the networks are predicting tonight, and as I think the language that Kennedy used that I played earlier in Shanahan used, and if you do US as Trump, what sort of a realistic impact do you think that has on the final outcome in November? In your opinion?
Speaker 7: Well, in my opinion, I think he's totally just decide if he doesn't do US Trump because Joe Biden in all the powerful Democrats, the rich Democrats, the big funding people's billionaires, rounded up the Kennedy cousins and screwed Bobby Kennedy.
Speaker 2: And that what bothered me most about it was they did they refused to give him a secret Service protection and here was an obvious target and Thank god nothing happened to him. But they finally gave him Secret Service protection the after after Donald Trump survived that assassination attempt. So, so, who are you going to vote for? Have you made up your mind?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm kind of split because Bernie Sanders, as much as he's been screwed, he's a good sport okay. And and and you know, we talked about coaches. I used to coach tennis for Saint John's High School up in Shrewsbury, and we used to say, yeah, you know what, if you win, you have to be a graceful winner. You lose, you have to be a good loser. That doesn't mean you're a loser. Okay. Now, Bernie, Bernie is saying he's kind of he is kind of extreme, Okay, but he's saying, look, we have to bring the country together. Donald Trump is not going to unify the country. So please do not vote for Donald Trump. Vote for Kamala, Okay, Joe Biden the country in your opinion, No, No, I don't think so. And I think he's done a terrible job and guys a terrible job at not getting the long range weapons and fight the jets and to the Ukraine, and he's you know, and he's done a bad job by reappointing the Chairman of the Federal Reserve because that guy had been originally appointed by Trump six years ago. And he's got a fifty five million dollar personal wealth, and he's been pushing the interest rates up to preserve what they call preserve acid values, not to stop inflation. He's taking care of this.
Speaker 2: Bob. We have covered the waterfront. So I hate to do this to you, but I got other calls. We've done nine.
Speaker 7: Minutes, and well I appreciate it, you know, and hopefully your callers will be thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Call me back more frequently. I still don't know who you're gonna trump, you're going to vote for. When you decide, you got to call back and let me know, because you might be a what I called my weather vane voters who will actually decide the election.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm still open minded that I might go Trump by Michael Kamal or I don't know. I might write in Bobby Kennedy or if he's on the bell, check him off.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks, thanks Bob, talk to you soon, good night night.
Speaker 10: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to get one more in here. Before the break, and I'm going to clear a couple of calls here, so if you want to dial in and get last words six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven ninety, let me go to Frien and Lowell. Friend, thank you for your paintings. I'm going to take you quickly here.
Speaker 10: Go ahead for the evening.
Speaker 11: The only reason I've stayed online is because i happened to tune in at one point when someone was calling and criticizing Trump for the name calling that he does. And I've waited all this time to hear one other person call and allude to that very lopes tenous joke that Obama made yesterday was so low in debauched. I can't believe that no one else has called. I could never ever vote that party that accepted something like that as amusing, and that no one else is offended just appalled me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, he was making he was making a reference, and I haven't seen it, I've heard it.
Speaker 11: It is not funny, No, no, I.
Speaker 2: Said, I'm not trying to do it. I'm just saying that he was making a reference to Donald Trump's however he phrased it. His concern about the size of his crowds.
Speaker 11: He was being clever and you know what he was talking about.
Speaker 2: And again I guess the people all you know now again yefed it up.
Speaker 11: Now, if Trump had done that, if Trump had dared to do that, or said something about his wife or any other man on that platform, we would be hearing it screaming.
Speaker 2: Well, the only thing I would say about I would say about let me little point counterpoint here. Let's see if you recall, do you remember when he used to talk about Senator Rupe from Florida. This is in twenty and sixteen, and he kept referring to him as being, you know, little little Mario, and he said he has small hands. Do you remember that?
Speaker 11: Do you mean Trump saying this, is that what you're saying? Yeah, I have to say I can't remember much about that, but I do believe that that Ruvio was was a butt of jokes. So I'll just say that much I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he kept saying that, oh that, you know Mario, and so so he's employed some of that. I guess you'd call it bathroom humor, whatever you want, but it was not done by a former president of the United States. Referring to another former president.
Speaker 11: In a world wide venue, in a world viewed venue. This is US across the world. I'm sorry it's so offensive. I find no no forgiveness for it whatsoever. It's really I'm still so sucked to about it so long ago. I can't get it out of my head yet.
Speaker 2: No redeeming social no redeeming social value to the combat.
Speaker 10: Not a judge.
Speaker 11: So thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for being patient, thank you for making a point. You made it. Thanks, they keep calling the show. Okay, goodnight, We've got to take a break. I got Michael and fall River. I got a couple of open lines. I want to finish this hour strongly, so light them up. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. The question is pretty simple. If, as expected, RFK Junior on Friday not only ends his own campaign, whether he suspends the campaign, whatever terminology they use or uh, and then endorses Donald Trump, how much of an impact will that have on this race in your opinion? And how surprised are you at what would certainly be considered an unexpected turn of events. We've had a few other unexpected term of terms of events witnessed the Trump Biden debate and Joe Biden's reluctance to step aside, and then his closest supporters in the Democratic Party convincing him that he had to step aside. Uh, this is this is an amazing election, and we may see another amazing chapter unfold on Friday night. If it doesn't fold that way, I'd love to know. Tell me what you think its impact will be. Will be back on Nightside. As I said, six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Write those numbers down so I don't have to repeat them as often. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ the News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, first up, longest wait, Michael and fall River. Michael, next on Nightside. Your thoughts about the possibility or maybe probability that RFK is going to drop out and his campaign and endorse Donald Trump.
Speaker 12: I am very happy to hear that he's dropping out. I think he shouldn't have been in the race in the first place. Okay, So I don't know, I don't know why he was running. So here's the thing, right, So I'm a Democrat. I would love to vote for a Kennedy. If it was a Kennedy running, I would be very excited to vote for them to president. And I think that you now.
Speaker 2: You told me that he shouldn't have been running, and you said you would have been delighted to vote for Kennedy, But not that Kennedy.
Speaker 6: I assume exactly.
Speaker 12: Not this Kennedy. I've been saying for a while. But I feel like the only thing that people need to do, like the winning concoction for being a successful presidential candidate, is be named Kennedy. And don't you know, do any harm? And I feel that I think that what turns many Democrats off about Urka Junior is his stance on vaccines. I think he crossed the line there. I think that's what keeps people.
Speaker 2: So I'm assuming, therefore, you think that his endorsement, if he indeed is going to endorse Trump on Friday, we'll have little or no impact.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't see it having much of an impact. It might have a little bit of an impact, but I don't think that. I think that anyone who was considering voting for Kennedy probably would also consider voting for Trump. So I don't think that his endorsement will really make much of a difference.
Speaker 2: All Right, Michael, appreciate you, appreciate your point of view. I'm just jamming a little bit to try to get a couple of more callers in as well. Thanks Michael. Have you called before? Is this your first time?
Speaker 12: I've called many times before. I was with you on day one when you signed on the air.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much and thank you for sticking with me, and you will more call more often.
Speaker 12: Okay again, absolutely, I.
Speaker 2: Always want to get as many different viewpoints and you presented it really well. Thank you so much.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, Thanks Dan, have a good night you too.
Speaker 2: All right, let me keep rolling. You're going to go to Bill in Pennsylvania. Bill, you gotta be quick for me, Please go right ahead. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think this is going to be more like twenty sixteen and twenty twenty. And I don't think the enthusiasm except the except that the elites has the enthusiasm now that Joe dropped out. But down here where the rubber meets the road, Dan, there's not much enthusiasm for the for Kamal, I can tell.
Speaker 2: You that much. Who's gonna carry Pennsylvania?
Speaker 10: I think Trump's gonna take Pennsylvania. I think we're gonna get rid of Senator Casey. I think the McCormick a less pointer, a purple heart guy, and a bronze star guy, and a great leader. As far as business is gonna there's gonna be an upset. I'm gonna tell you it's not an upset here, but it's gonna be more like twenty sixteen and all these people. Kennedy, Kennedy, I think is gonna help Trump.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we'll see what happens. I appreciate it. Bill, we've gotta get gonna get a couple more in Okay, thank you, bigos Bill, Bill, I owe you more time next time. Jim in Kansas City. Go ahead, Jim, got to be quick for me. Oh I can't hit the button there, Go ahead, Jim, My mistake, right ahead, Jim.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Dan, I don't think that's gonna matter at all. I don't even think anybody knows that guy's running for office. But it's reading.
Speaker 9: Crowd size is important because it's indicative of support by the voters.
Speaker 6: Okay, get your next.
Speaker 2: Time, all right, thanks, Jim. Appreciate how much time we got left? Rob a minute thirty Okay, Geo, I got thirty seconds for you. Go right ahead.
Speaker 13: If I didn't vote for Biden, I might have voted for Kennedy. I don't think it's important. I think Jill Stein's vote is much more important than Kennedy's would have been. But I did want to say something about Kamala Harris. Her parents are both mensa IQ. Her father taught economics at Stanford, a very conservative school, and her mother worked for the Lauren National Laboratories, which is our most important government laboratory genetics.
Speaker 2: All right, so there's smart, smart parents. Geeo, I got Jim, but I'm getting cramped on time, so I gotta let you go. Interesting. That's for sure a lot of smart people at Stanford. I don't think it's quite as conservative maybe as your thought. But that's okay. Thanks very much for your call. As always, wish you called early, because we have we're gonna have a longer conversation. I'm done for the night. Tomorrow night, we will carry the entire presidential nomination accept in speech of Vice President Harris. You'll hear that. You'll be able to anticipate it at nine o'clock. You'll be able to react to it when it finishes around ten thirty or so. And I want to thank all of you for listening tonight. And I want to thank Rob, I want to thank Marita. I want to thank all the calls coming back on nights side tomorrow night. All dogs, all cats, all pets going to go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rayes, who passed fourteen years ago in February, That's why your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you see them again. I'll see you on Facebook. Thanks that with Dan ray in about two minutes. Have a great Thursday. Everybody.
Speaker 14: We need your help to protect your right to AM radio in your car. AM is always there in times of need with the key information for our community. The overwhelming majority of legislators support a bill to keep AM radio in cars, but time is running out. Please text the two letters a M to five two eight eighty six and ask Congress to bring this bill to the floor for a vote. Now text a M to five to two eight eighty six.
Speaker 1: Message in data rates may apply. You may receive up to four messages up we tex stop to stop a message from the station.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Ray. We all know that these times can bring additional financial challenges. National Grid is here to help those who need assistance. Their energy savings programs are designed to ensure your home is healthier, more comfortable, and more affordable, including a no cost home energy assessment. As a National Grid customer, I've done it and use your too, and energy specialists can uncover energy saving solutions specifically for your home, including money saving rebates, energy saving tips and products at no cost. There are also generous rebates on qualifying energy efficient heating, cooling and water heating equipment, So if you're a customer who receives a discount rate on your energy bill, all approved energy efficient home improvements are one dred percent no cost to you. Even if you want, you can still get seventy five percent or more off weatherization. Just style pound two fifty and say keyword assessment to see how you qualify and schedule your appointment. You'll also have the option to receive a one time autodial text message from iHeartMedia. National Grid is a proud sponsor of Mass Saved.
Speaker 1: Portions of the following program worre pre recorded WBZ Boston, w XKSFM HT two Bedford and iHeartRadio station. This is WBZ, Boston's news radio, redefining local news.
Speaker 15: I'm Stacy Lynn. On the big political stage of his career. Minnesota Governor Tim Walls addressed the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 10: Thanks for putting your trust in me and for inviting me to be part.
Speaker 5: Of this incredible campaign.
Speaker 2: And thank you President Joe Biden for.
Speaker 6: Four years of strong, historic leadership.
Speaker 15: Former President Bill Clinton also praised President Biden and reminded the Crows, I need more.
Speaker 5: Than one election slip away from us when we thought.
Speaker 7: It couldn't haffen when people gotttracted by phony issues.
Speaker 15: Meanwhile, former President Trump held a rally in North Carolina today and told his supporters the Biden administration has quote marched us to the brink of World War three.
Speaker 5: What this November?
Speaker 2: Americans are going to tell Kamalaris Kamala that we've had enough. We can't take it anymore. You're doing a terrible job.
Speaker 15: In other news, there are new concerns about what fluoride in drinking water may be doing to our kids.
Speaker 5: Adding low levels of fluoride to drinking water strengthens teeth and reduces cavities, but the Department of Health and Human Services National Toxicology Program has taken a new look at a range of previously published research and reports, with quote moderate confidence that there is a link between higher levels of fluoride over one point five milligrams per leter and lower IQ. How many IQ points might be lost by kids was not addressed. Michael Foscano, CBS News Washington.
Speaker 15: People may die sooner because of climate change, reporter Tracy Woolf with detail.
Speaker 16: That's a triple in Europe by the year twenty one hundred if current policies aren't updated to address the growing threat of climate change, according to a new study published in the Lancet Public Health Journal. The study estimates that hot and cold temperatures currently lead to more than four hundred thous deaths across Europe each year, but under three degrees celsius of warming, temperature related deaths are projected to rise by more than thirteen percent.
Speaker 15: CBS's Monica Rix tells us what Tailor Swift is saying about the foiled