Speaker 1: SGKR Injury Attorneys proudly sponsors the Friday Night Drive. I'm met Roundio. We are ready to take on the insurance company for you and get you to.
Speaker 2: The end zone.
Speaker 1: Visit US G A N A, S SI N dot com, Gannison dot com.
Speaker 3: This is State Representative Steve Reich. Since twenty sixteen, it's been my privilege to represent the sixty third district in the Illinois House. I'd like to continue representing you, and I'm asking for your vote on November fifth.
Speaker 4: Thank you pay for by citizens to elect Stephen Reich.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, and welcome to the Friday Night Drive Western Suburbs Podcast. This is Joshua Welgi. I'm joined here by Joel Bennett's We're here taping on Tuesday afternoon, coming off another very exciting high school football Friday Week two. Joe, how are you feeling today? And Jane for Good.
Speaker 5: I'm excited for Week three. Obviously, this week marks start of some conference play across the Western Suburbs area, and I'm really excited to see how some of these teams play against conference rivals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, some of the some of the really power conferences like the DU Cane Conference, the West Suburban Conference. They're starting to enter in conference play this week, so a lot of fun matchups that will dive into later in the podcast. But before we get into that, I wanted to, you know, kind of review week two because there's a lot of great games that we wanted UH to talk about. You know, as we're taking here on Tuesday, want to run everybody of some of the content that we have on on Friday Night Drive. We have, namely Steve Seuss here at least are updated Friday Night Drive Power rankings, so you know, everybody want to check that out. Tomorrow Steve will be dropping is updated playoff productions. So a lot of good stuff out there right now. You know, when I looked at Seave's power rankings, one of the things that jumped out a new entry that you want to see is as we Go. Aswego coming off of, for my money, maybe the most notable win in the Western Suburbs last Friday, they beat joy a Catholic seventeen to nothing. It's a man that Joe. When I saw it came out in the summer, I'm like, WHOA, that's kind of an interesting one. I've those two teams don't match up in a while. Well, they hadn't metched up in a while, and it had actually been thirty five years since they had seen each other in the football field. The last time they had played they were in the Class four A playoffs. That was when there was six classes in Illinois. Now there's course the was eight classes. So it been in quite a while, and I was just kind of wondering how how Oswego can match up with Joey Katholic. I know Oswego has a really good program, they have a really good team, but I mean, man, Joey kathlick is, they're They're one of the blue bloods in high school football and also of course the defending five A state runner up. But man Oswego really took it to him. Aiden Via ran for over one hundred yards, ran for a big sixty four yard touchdown run. A Swego got off to a good start. I think they'd led seventeen to nothing at halftime in that game, and the defense did the rest, because the defense usually does the rest for us Weego. They have a tremendous defense, led by their three linebackers. Senior Carson Cooney going to Iowa Mikey Claycomb, another senior in Easton Ruby. It's funny they wear numbers four, five, and six. So you know, I'm kind of doing my notebook on those guys this week for the Kenno County Kennon County record, but just kind of want to get a little bit more background on that. But so you can't miss those guys in the field and they lead them. They It all starts with that defense. It's a defense that only gave up seventy points in the regular season last year. It's a defense that held n Equal Valley to seven points in Week one, but then they take it to another level, I think, to be able to shut out Joey Kathley. That was That was a very impressive and frankly an eye opening win for US week going week week two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, certainly seems like I mean, obviously I'm not, you know, really well known around you know, the blue bloods in the Illinois area, but especially when you knock off a team that's considered a blue blood early on in the season, it's going to be a confidence booster heading into the ladder half of the season.
Speaker 2: No doubt. I mean, it sets us as we go up. Well, I think, you know, not to get ahead of ourselves, but they're going to be favored in pretty much every game from here on out. You know, they're looking at the potential nine to zero record and a really good sea going into playoffs. But again get ahead of ourselves there. But a great win for them last Friday beating Joid Catholic. We mentioned some of the conferences that start conference play this week, the Duke Cane Conference. Notably, I looked before that we jumped on six out of their eight teams or two and zero through two weeks. You got to see one of them last Friday. Batavia very impressive win over South Elgin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely a big win. I mean it's gonna be It was the first time that they were facing that they were facing the Storm since their last season in the Upstate Eight back in twenty seventeen. That matchup been into being a ten to seven victory for Batavia, but it was surely different turnout this time around. Talk to Tody Anderson after the game and he was talking about how much of a learning game this game against South Elgin was supposed to be, and boy didn't look like he learned a lot I mean he started off the game a little bit shaky, but after he found Isaiah Brown for a fifty seven yard touchdown, I mean, he just looked a lot more confident in the pocket. He ended up finishing with ten of fourteen with one hundred and fifty five yards and three touchdowns, and it was just an offensive explosion for Batavia, you know, something that was a little bit lacking in that week one matchup against Glen Pard West. They just kind of laid it out on South Elgin and they were that starters were all out by that by the second half. So it was another blowout win that I got to saw in person. And I've only seen three quarters of starters so far in my first two games of Illinois football, so it's definitely been It was definitely great to see, and it was great to be around with the Tavia.
Speaker 2: Atmosphere for the first time.
Speaker 5: That obviously had heard a whole lot about it, but the scene in person, it was definitely interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tava is one of those towns that really get behind their football team. I Mean, I know they're in the suburbs, but sometimes I feel like I get sort of a small town feel when I'm at a Batavia football game, because the whole community just really comes out and rallies around their their football program and it's a great football crime program. So, you know, good win for Batavia. Their their neighbor rival Geneva, they were able to roll as well, so they're two and zero. Another conference rival that's two and oh as well but pretty tight games is Wheat North. I mean Wheat North. Week one, they beat Providence on the last play of the game, and then last Friday they beat Lockport twenty two to twenty one. Shane Direcks caught a two point conversion from their quarterback Nick Johnson. Uh Shane Dereks also scored the winning touchdown in week one. He's a he's a two way player. He plays defense as well. So you know, Wheat North, I mean, on the one day, they could easily be going too but but but being too one, or being two and zero and beating two very quality non conference opponents and Providence and Lockboard, they gotta feel pretty feeling pretty good about pretty good about themselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely. I mean Weed North was one of those teams where you know, everybody was questioning how they were gonna look after last season. I mean, they lost Max Howser their starting quarterback, Walter Owens at running back, and then of course Maccuzage at wide receiver. You know, three great players for them that led them consistently, and you know, to see that they are able to pull out some come behind from behind wins both in Week one and Week two certainly got to be a big confidence booster heading into du Ka Conference play with a two and zero record, especially considering the doubts that some people have had, you know, with them prior to the season. I mean, Steve Sussy had them projected not to make it into the playoffs. But you know, it's looking like a good sign for the Falcons heaving to gain conference play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt. I mean you mentioned teams that people maybe wondered about, maybe some doubts about going in. I look at Kaitlin. I really didn't know what to expect about Kaitlin losing a four year starting quarterback and losing a four year wide receiver. They're two and ozer and also Marmee with a new head coach, Adam Garah, they're two and o as well. I mean, Kaitlin Marmy have to be feeling pretty good about themselves right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, I mean, uh, for Caitlin, it's mainly been thanks to you know, the leg that they have behind them and Sam Bruno I need you know. Last week against u Wakanda, it was you know, they scored on the first drive to play our first drive of the game, and then they didn't score besides all of the kicks from Bruno. Yeah, I mean he had three field goals all were within thirty yards of each other. But you know that ended up being the difference for them in winning that game, and it and you know, whichever way gets in the win, surely it helps with them. And then in Marmion's case, you know, had a very similar situation from Batavia or a very similar situation like Batavia. In week one against Oak Forest, they scored twenty one points unanswered in the third quarter to secure a twenty one to fifteen victory. And then in week two against the Noble Academy, you know, fifty six nothing win. I mean, pretty much dominant from the start. So it's pretty great to see that the Cadets are looking pretty well under or under Gara after losing Dan Thorpe, who is of course the head coach there for the past nineteen seasons. So they're looking pretty solid so far, and it's heavily thanks to a lot of senior leadership from what Gara has told me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marmion and Caitlin for that matter, doing a good job of stacking two wins back to back in the first two weeks because they're both gonna need it because Marmion going to go into CCL E SEC play and that's just going to be a dogfight week in and week out just to get a win every week. And Kitlin, I mean, the inter State eight is no joke too when you're talking about you know, the likes of Morris and Sycamore and teams like that. So but nevertheless, very good starts for both those programs. They have to be feeling pretty good about themselves right now. Another program that has to been feeling pretty up themselves. I got to see for their first time last Friday was York York with a with a new head coach, Don Galcemino, who was their defense coordinator for the last four years and did a great job there. You know, they're off to a really nice start to and zero. They beat Playing Field North last Friday, thirty five to thirteen. Really a game that that final score doesn't really do a justice because because York they scored thirty five points and a half, and then they pulled their starting quarterback, senior Brunham Massil in the second half, and you know, I kind of feel like it is one of those games where they're like, all right, we're up, we're at big, We're just gonna kind of coast there. Not that they wanted to, but you know, when you take out your starting quarterback, things kind of change a little bit. But but Bruno Masso was very impressive. He was a kid that last year was more of a running quarterback as a backup. They brought him in as you know, one of those guys that bring him in for certain packages, uh, for running plays and things like that. He actually ran for four touchdowns as a backup to Sean Winton last year. And then he was a really good track kid as well. He's a kid that was was on a medalist four by one relay three tame state qualifier. He's been a qualifier in one hundred meter dash. I think he runs one hundred and like ten eight seven, which Joe, I think that's pretty good. Right, you're you're a track guy. I think I think that's pretty solid.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, I mean he's he's known as a runner, but he he really you know, he could put it on there with with the passes on Friday, he had some really big third down conversions, which I thought was very impressive. They have a six foot seven junior tight end, Hunter Stepanitch that people are gonna want to keep an eye on. He's a kid to watch not only this year but next but uh. And then addition to that, they have a great defense. I mean Don Gelsimino, their coach, was their defense Cordner before that, so they really hang their head on defense. Joe Rife, their defensive linemen, is going to Notre Dame. He plays an offense as well. They have some good linebrackers as well. You know, Henry Duda, their running back, ran for one hundred and sixty nine yards in a couple of touchdowns. So a very impressive week to win for York and feel pretty good about themselves going into conference play. You know, maybe not this week. I think next week they start West Suburban Silver plays. So so you're a good win last Friday, and you know that one of their conference rivals. Lions Township got a very nice win going into Wheaton South and beating Wheaton Wornville South Lions. Township's head coach John Butcher, of course, was a great player for Wheaton South quarterback back in the late nineties. This is first time coaching back in Wheaton as a head coach for Lyons and a good win for them. Notably, Travis Stam their senior wide receiver going to Illinois State. He set the career receptions record for Lion snatch him in that game. So he's he's had a great year. I believe he's a four year varsity player. He's definitely three year of varsity. But he's been a very good player for them, you know, the last few years. Uh. But uh a good win for Lions and then Acrosstown uh uh Nazareth. You know, I was kind of wondering how they do against Kenwood after a really close game against kan Key. I thought he was going to be a really close game. And it was definitely not a close game because they they they they were up by the forty point rule early in the second half. Logan Malichick, they're a really good quarterback. He threw for six touchdowns in the first half, which that's a pretty good game. That's a pretty good few games. And he did it a one a half, so a great game for him and a and a and a good win for Nazareth as a as a head in the conference. Play. Hey football fans, listen up. I'm top there and I drive a Hawk. I got it from my friends at Hawk Folkswagen. So drive what I drive. Drive a Hawk Paul Volkswagen on Jefferson Street End Joliette or online at HAWKVW dot com.
Speaker 6: Be the Hass clothing brand based right here in Chicago, Land that specializes in custom apparel. So if you need your logo on team apparel, hoss co is the place to go. Visit Bethehass dot com and use code Friday Night for twenty percent off your order.
Speaker 2: They have it all. Anything else for Week two that jump out to you.
Speaker 5: I think it was just overall a pretty interesting week just across the games that you know were covered on my end. I mean, you know, he had some games that kind of followed the similar rule from week one. Obviously, teams like Geneva kind of blowing out their opponents once again. But you also had a couple of turnarounds on some of these teams. I mean, Sat Charles North got a good win against Cretemanay. I think the final score was like fifty two to thirty or something like that. Something pretty big and pretty notable. Good offensive that lots of good offensive. It's on my end, that's one big thing that I realized from week two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would agree with that. So so yeah's let's jump into week three, shall we. We mentioned earlier that conference play starts this week for some of these leagues, namely the Ducaine Conference game you're gonna be on Friday. I'm interested to see that one when Warneville South and Geneva. Wheaton South coming off of a close loss against Lion Township. Geneva of courses two and zero haven't really been tested so far. I think they're gonna get tested Friday at Wheton South. What do you think about that one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's definitely gonna be a big test for Geneva, the first true test I believe for them this year. I mean you kind of mentioned it there. Wheaton Warnville South is obviously, you know, a very tough opponent. They have one of the only three losses that Dukine Conference teams have heading into conference play overall thirteen to three record, which is I think the best record they've had since twenty twenty one. What Wheaton War or when Wheaton North actually went on to win the state championship, the only team from the t King Conference to win the state championship. But no, I think it's obvious it's obviously gonna be a big game overall. Obviously, Wheaton one Bow South's loss last week, you know, it was against a quality opponent, which I mean, all three losses were against quality opponents. But I mean they showed in week one that they are able to play up to competition with their win against Glen part South. So it'll be interesting to see if they can do it again against a team like Geneva who have obviously, you know, shown out in the past game. I mean, you know, Tony Chichino has nine touchdowns already so far this season in five quarters of play. Talent Taylor is already over two hundred and fifty reception yards and five touchdowns. It's obviously it's just gonna be a really good batchup and the next I'm excited to see how both teams play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some really good receivers in that game. Talent Tylor obviously, but I'm Ray Williams for Wheaton South. He's a he's a track guy. I'm not he's going somewhere for for for football, I believe. I'm not quite certain, but I do know that he's a very good track guy as well.
Speaker 5: In Illinois.
Speaker 2: The ranked Yeah, film that this week especially, Yeah, but yeah, going to n i U again. He I think you were there for track. He was. He met he medals pretty high, if not win state last spring, if I'm not mistaken state three.
Speaker 5: Hundred meter hurdles last week or not last week, last summer or last spring. So he's definitely a fast kid.
Speaker 2: A couple of really good receivers in that game, between Talent Taylor and Amara Williams. It should be a fun one. Another fun one obviously. St. Charles North, Wheaton North, Wheaton North. Again, they've had a couple of really close ones. Uh, that match between those two teams have been really good the last few years. Uh, you know, what do you think about that one as you look at those two teams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's gonna be another close matchup this year around I mean, if anything, or if you know these past couple of weeks or Saint Charles North has said anything, it's that they're a very similar team to what they were last year. I mean a close win against Talent Time and then a pretty more resounding win against Crete Money. I mean, that's happened in each of the past two seasons. But obviously this is going to be a big test for Wheaton North's new new team that obviously has some players that are you know, not just or not as much of a new face on the roster as they were when they started in Week one. But this is going to be their first, like really true test, I believe for them. So I believe this is going to be another really close game between the two between the two teams, and I'm really interested to see how that plays out.
Speaker 2: So maybe the Marquee matchup in certainly in the western suburbs, maybe in the state on Friday, Nazareth defending five A stage champion going to Mount Carmel defending seven A state champion. Uh man, I'm excited just thinking about that that matchup. Will Jack, our colleague is going to be there for Friday night Drive. It's a matchup that, if I'm not mistaken, I believe the last time they face each other, uh was was? I believe it was J. J. McCarthy's last game as a Nazareth quarterback, uh his junior year. But uh, but but man, I mean when you're we're when you're talking about some of the talent, you know, just a quarterback of those two teams between Mount Carmel's quarterback, who and drawing a blank on but he's a very talented kid. And then Logan Malichick as well. So yeah, that that should be man, that that's gonna be one on a Friday night. I'm just kind of following all on to see, you know, what's going on, and certainly it's the the big matchup. I thinking the Catholic Is League as well. Do you do you have any kind of thoughts from a distance on that one.
Speaker 5: I think it's just gonna be a really good matchup. I mean, obviously you mentioned that this is going to be a matchup between two you know, state champions from a year ago, and I mean even though Mount Carmel is coming in at one and one, their one loss was a very high quality loss against the quality team. Great, but no, it's obviously going to be a really good matchup between these two teams.
Speaker 2: So your dog agrees, I think anybody agrees. I think any person agree, any dog would agree, any cat would agree. So it's it's gonna be a fun one on Friday, Nazareth playing Mount Carmel. You mentioned Mount Carmel is a loss, but that Hunt School was basically you're talking about almost like a junior college that they're playing uh uh with with the Hunt Schools, So uh yeah, that that that should be a good one, good good kind of measuring stick about where Nazareth is at. I mean, they they had a nice win over kanka Kee, they blew out Kenwood. But but Mount Carmel, that's gonna be that's that's that's gonna be a test on Friday, going going to their place. Another game, the game that I'm gonna be on a Friday, uh playing at Sandwich. For people that don't know about the rivalry, well they've they've only been playing Joel since eighteen ninety seven. This is gonna be the one hundred and thirteenth matchup between the rivals. They called, you know, the war on thirty four Route thirty four. I'm speaking of again. This will be the one hundred and thirteenth meeting between the rivals. Sandwich currently holds a fifty six to fifty two advantage. There's been four ties. Sandwich last year beat them twenty to seven to seven. Sandwich of course went all the way on to the Class four A quarterfinals and in a really great season for Sandwich, one of the better stories in the area, Sandwich, you know, getting back to the playoffs. Sandwich is zero to two though this year, and probably a little bit of a sensor urgency on their side, because I will say that they had a very difficult first two weeks. They lost to Mantino in week one, coincidentally playing a loss to Mantino in week two, and then Sandwich lost to Wilmington, defending two A state champion in week two. So again a little bit of a sense of urgency on the on the plane outside matchup like this old rivalry, there's always a sense of urgency. I mean, this is a this is the kind of game that both towns come out. You know, everybody's talking about They've probably been talking about it all the way growing up, and they're gonna be talking about it when they're forty or fifty years old about you know, remember remember when that twenty twenty four game, and remember when that happened, and you know stuff like that. I mean, this is this is a matchup that that everybody talks about around the community, and we'll see I I don't really know what to make of this, especially with Sandwich being zero and two Sandwich. I do know that they're really good running backs Simy and Harris, who ran for over fourteen hundred yards last year. He's had a tough start. I think he only he's been in Singer. He has not been over one hundred yards in either of the two games and really has been held down and they've really struggled. They really get him going. I will say that two of their starting offensive line might believe a hurt right now. They're also they're two top tackles from last year year. They both were injured during the offseason and I don't know if either of them are going to be back this season. So that's been a big loss, uh for Sandwich, losing both of those guys. On the Plano side. Their new head coach, Kyle Tutt. He came from Streeter, which they have a really long standing rivalry as well. Streeter plays Ottawa, so this will be his first taste of Plano Sandwich. So yeah, I'm really looking forward to it should be a fun one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, obviously, you know, a rivalry game is always a very important one, and it's always gonna be circled, especially if it's you know, as long standing as you know, you kind of mentioned since eighteen ninety seven. So who knows, this could be the game, or this could be you know, a really close game, or it could finally be a game for one of these players to kind of you know, burst onto the seed and you know, finally make that jump that they always wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it should be. It should be going in and frankly, it's an important one. I mean, they're one of them's going to the other ones one and one to get some tough Ischwaukee River Conference games ahead against teams like Meranguo and Richard Burtons, so they really needed, i mean, both of them really need a win, and particularly Sandwich being oh and two. So we'll see. It should be a should be a fun one. Friday, another conference rivalry game, Uh, Glenbard West is playing at Downers Grove North on Friday, Glenbard West. Of course they are. They're oh and two now. Losses to Batavian Loyola no shame on either of those losses, but nonetheless they're oh and two and also notably their their star running back Tayan Oriento, who who heard his hand week one. He did not play in week two. Uh don't know the status of how long he might be out, but it sure looks like an injury that he might be out for a little bit. I mean his hand was bandaged up pretty good on the sidelines, uh last week. But they go to Downers North and Downers North is rolling. They're they're two and oh right now. They they've had two very big wins over over a found and Downers Grow South have their great quarterback Owen Lance, who is going to Minnesota. They have a great defense as well. I don't know they've allowed to pull in two games. They only allowed four first either four or five first down against Downards go South either way, very few first downs, let's put it that way. But but I mean downds go south or downs go North. Last year they beat Glenbard West for the first time since two thousand and six. I believe that was a kind of a watershed win for that that program and that team and kind of boosted them and then of course they got all the way to the Class seven A state championship game. But it was kind of a surprise when they beat Glenbard West last year. I'm not gonna be surprised if they win Friday night because it's at their place. I think Glenbard West is a little bit wounded right now. You know, down down their running back and Downers North is feeling good about themselves. But nonetheless, you know Glenbard West sometimes when the team's zero to two and they're struggling, that's when they get a little dangerous because because they know the significance of things. But anyway, it should be a very good game on Friday night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we had a touchdown over these past couple of weeks. I mean, Glenbard West's first three games are pretty much a gauntlet over or against, Like you mentioned three teams that are within the top ten of our rankings. I mean, obviously Batavia is at number eight, North is at number seven, and Loyal is at number three, I believe now, but you know, obviously this is going to be a really important game for them and also for Donerscrope North because like you kind of mentioned, you know, last year was the last or was the first time they defeated Glenn Pard West since two thousand and six. So now with the momentum rolling a little bit, it may be time that they're thinking, maybe it's our time to you know, start our own little streak against them. So, you know, definitely going to be really interesting to see how both teams play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and down as North, I think they're definitely one of the favorites in that conference. I mean, some might call them the favorite in a conference with some of the kids coming back, but you know, win over Glenbard West would be a great way to start a conference play, U Joe, get out of here. Any other games this Friday that you look forward to, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think there's one other game that I believe from dw K conference that's gonna be really interesting. Obviously kind of mentioned how there were six teams that are heading into conference play at two and oh.
Speaker 2: We mentioned one of.
Speaker 5: The two and that are one of the battles between two and O teams in Saint Charles North and in Wheaton North. Another one that I think is going to be shocking and also a really good game Batavian Lake Park. I mean, obviously Batavia, you know, kind of coming behind with the losses of you know, Ryan bow, Luke Alwyn and Charles well Play. You know, they've been playing really well at their first two games. Lake Park has been playing really well as well. I mean, their big get, their big strength, has been the running game. In their first two games, they're averaging over they're averaging two hundred and sixty eight rushing yards a game in their first two games. I need, they have basically a dual headed dragon and Anthony Aristano and Robert or Munoco in the backfield, and it's been working really well for them. They have seventy two points under their name right now. And you know, it's one of those teams that I kind of suspected could be a shock in the Dukne Conference this year and they've been proven it so far. So it'll be interesting you see how build or how they'll face off against a Patavia defense that has proven that they can go against the run. I mean you kind of mentioned it, you know, in their Week one game against Glenbard West where they faced a really talented running back in terry On Oriental they've limited into under sixty yards, So it'll be interesting to see how build face off against not just one, but two high quality quarter or high quality running backs in their first game at Dukinge Conference play this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lake Park was a team that they got really close to the playoffs last year. They were four and five, they did not qualify. But yeah, I mean they're two and all two pretty impressive, went two very one side of ones, let's put it that way. They beat Cone, they beat Bartlett. But let's just say that they're going to step up in class just a little bit the next two weeks when they played Batavia and Geneva back to back. But you can't take away from what they've been able to accomplish so far. And when you play in a team like in a league light the Ducane, you really need to kind of stack those wins when you can, and they've been able to stack them. And now we're going to see how they can stack up against some really good teams. But but yeah, that will be a game I'm kind of interested to watch, not only about who wins, because they think Batavia win, but just how close can Lake Park play the I mean, can they have they got a little bit better to where they can hang in there or are they still you know, definitely way down on the pecking order in New Cane. No that should be should be interested to watch. I mean a lot of interesting two and oh teams. Gwenmarin North is to and oh as well in the Catholic League. Montini is two and oh. Sint Francis is two and oh. They both have two very difficult road games this week. Montini is going to Marit. Saint Francis is going to Loyola, a game being played on Friday night. Loyola just got lights. This will be their first Friday night game at Loyola's, so kind of a notable matchup there. Saint Francis playing at Loyola. A lot of good stuff this coming weekend, a lot of good stuff on Friday Night Drive. You want to tune in. I'm going to be back here tomorrow on Wednesday with Steve Susie as we look ahead some of the top Week three games in the state. We will have all of our previews coming in in every market that Shaw Local covers, and then of course Friday night, we'll be back at it covering a ton of games. I will be in Sandwich or Plane or rather covering Sandwich and Planol. Joel will be covering Wheaton Warneville South in Geneva, but we'll be covering a lot more. Of course, what we'll be able to having our live stream as well. From nine point thirty to eleven, you're gonna want to join Steve Susie and Matt Rotowald as a breakdown all the matchups around the state and what it means. So before we get out of here, Joel, anything else you want to talk about.
Speaker 5: Man is really excited to see how these teams play in conference play. I mean obviously heard so much about it heading into you know, with this job basically, so it'll be really interesting to see you with my own eyes this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it should be a lot of fun. Thanks again for everybody for joining us again. This is Josh Weggy along with Joel Bennett's have a good Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Do you ever wonder where the profits go when you shop at a big box store? Hi, this is Patty from Oliver's Corner Market. When you shop at Oliver's, you can rest assured that the profits stay local, supporting other local businesses and charities find us at the corner Brittain, Bradshaw, and Dixon.
Speaker 3: This is State Representative Steve Reich, and I'm happy to sponsor this year's Friday Night Drive. There'll be plenty of time for politics down the road, but for now, let's enjoy some high school football. Whichever school you follow, give him your support.